PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming retires from the NBA

Da Heroic One
07-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Yao Ming to retire:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7964

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/89383420307841025 (https://twitter.com/#%21/WojYahooNBA/status/89383420307841025)

Rockets' Yao Ming has decided to retire from the NBA, league sources tell Y! Sports. He informed the league office within past 48 hours.

asdf1990
07-08-2011, 01:31 PM
damn there goes 1 billion followers of the NBA.

InspiredLebowski
07-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Wow, it's legit.

Crown&Coke
07-08-2011, 01:32 PM
sad news. I love Yao. He got that quiet fire, like Duncan or Kidd. Just because he don't beat his chest doesn't mean he aint out there to cut your heart out.

mika
07-08-2011, 01:34 PM
:( i remember watching china versus canada in 2002. it was the summer he got drafted and i was barely up to his elbows. he was a really nice guy, i bought his jersey just so he could sign it.

kaiteng
07-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Farewell, Yao. You are the true basketball ambassador.

I will miss his sweet turn-around J.

one2
07-08-2011, 01:36 PM

China's been following the NBA since 92 Barcelona. MJ's being among their top reasons. Kinda like the rest of the world.

And if Germany's population was also 1 billion, Dirk N. would lead the league in All Star votes.

Faberg
Damn. :(

InspiredLebowski
So'd Houston just get a shitload of capspace?

pete's montreux
07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
This guy was a force when he was healthy, 20/10, great free throw shooter. What an unbelievably unlucky career. The NBA is going to lose a TON of Chinese fans.

Theoo's Daddy
07-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Dwight to houston ??? Kevin mchale/hakeem coaching dwight = Greatness.

Kensta
Glad he's retiring. He hasn't been the same the last few years. Loved watching him and Shaq go at it back in the days.

Droid101
So'd Houston just get a shitload of capspace?
I don't think so, wasn't Yao a free agent anyway? It's not like they were going to pay big money to re-sign him.

rezznor
07-08-2011, 01:42 PM
it's the best for him and for the Rockets. Sad to see him go, truly one of the genuine good guys in the league.

rezznor
07-08-2011, 01:43 PM
This guy was a force when he was healthy, 20/10, great free throw shooter. What an unbelievably unlucky career. The NBA is going to lose a TON of Chinese fans.
naaa, Kobe is more popular then Yao in China

InspiredLebowski
07-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't think so, wasn't Yao a free agent anyway? It's not like they were going to pay big money to re-sign him.Yeah, just looked it up, he was a FA so no money saved. Good.

kaiteng
07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jss1xEzh5b4

Yao: "YOU CAN'T ****ING STOP ME!!"
Deke: "DANG!!"

:oldlol: :cheers:

chris2010
07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
he was my 1st favorite nba player. His jersey was the 1st i ever gotten.

InspiredLebowski
07-08-2011, 01:45 PM
So how much blame does China take for running him into the ground?

pete's montreux
07-08-2011, 01:47 PM
naaa, Kobe is more popular then Yao in China

LOL really? Yao still got like...millions of all-star votes every year even when he didn't play, and that definitely wasn't Houston fans...

kaiteng
07-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Kinda. Yao "chose" to participate. Some are questionable choices i.e. Asian Games, but yeah he is "patriotic".

Crown&Coke
07-08-2011, 01:48 PM

all of it. Made in China isn't something I like seeing on my stuff I want to keep for a long time.

Yao did all he could for them, and they still wanted more more more. I wonder if they will now claim his daughter just for the hell of it

rezznor
07-08-2011, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9gFOwyuLU&feature=related

I hate it when promising careers get cut short.

rezznor
07-08-2011, 01:49 PM
LOL really? Yao still got like...millions of all-star votes every year even when he didn't play, and that definitely wasn't Houston fans...
don't get me wrong, Yao is popular...but Kobe's is the #1 selling jersey in China

ProfessorMurder
07-08-2011, 01:50 PM
RG on suicide watch.

Crown&Coke
07-08-2011, 01:53 PM
don't get me wrong, Yao is popular...but more Kobe's is the #1 selling jersey in China

I still think Yao is more popular there though. But Kobe did cause a frenzy when he went out there. Kobe has a great fan base in Spain but I think Pau is more popular there too. People tend to love their fellow country men. But Kobe got mad reach though so I wouldn't surprise me if you are right.

rezznor
07-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I still think Yao is more popular there though. But Kobe did cause a frenzy when he went out there. Kobe has a great fan base in Spain but I think Pau is more popular there too. People tend to love their fellow country men. But Kobe got mad reach though so I wouldn't surprise me if you are right.

Kobe is big all over the globe.

That includes China, where for the fourth year in a row he tops the league in jersey sales, according to the league.

Rounding out the top five are LeBron James, Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, and Derrick Rose. The next five are Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Deron Williams, Ray Allen and Kevin Durant.

This is the first time Yao Ming has not been in the top 10. He is coming off a season where he did not play due to his foot injury.

Kobe has a big presence in China, having made trips there in the summer for years now, promotional efforts with Nike. Kobe also has a separate charitable foundation he set up just to donate money to causes in China.

Plus, culturally, winning titles matters. It is what keeps Kobe ahead of LeBron in China. For now.

The NBA will be bringing its game to China for the first time this preseason, with Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets taking on the New Jersey Nets in Beijing on Oct. 13, then again at the Guangzhou International http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/23/kobe-bryant-remains-top-selling-nba-jersey-in-china/

d.bball.guy
07-08-2011, 01:56 PM
:( Sad news not to see him play again after the injury.

Crown&Coke
07-08-2011, 01:58 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/23/kobe-bryant-remains-top-selling-nba-jersey-in-china/

I will slap myself now :lol

Kurosawa0
07-08-2011, 02:02 PM
It sucks that he'll be remembered mostly just for being Chinese and being hurt all the time. He was one of the most skilled bigs ever. Yao should've been the next center to dominate ala Hakeem and Shaq.

LeFraud James
07-08-2011, 02:03 PM
A shame he was never able to stay healthy. :(

Would have loved to continue watching that epic rivalry between Yao and Shaq.

kaiiu
07-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Damn dude was a beast in his prime.

AGASTYGW#%&$^uwIT%&DR*RGHS - Chinese for see ya later

wang4three
07-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I hope he gets better and is able to walk pain free as he ages.

swi7ch
07-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Chairman Yi has to step up.

d.bball.guy
07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Chairman Yi has to step up.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192374

ihatetimthomas
07-08-2011, 02:13 PM
One of my biggest regrets is never getting to see him play in person. Great player, person and ambassador for the game globally. The NBA owes Yao Ming a lot for getting the NBA a worldwide sport. Always seemed so humble. Its a real shame because he was becoming a force in the league and I think he could have become one of the NBA greats if he just could have stayed healthy.

Nowitzness81
07-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Hit 83 percent of his free throws. Pretty awesome for a 7-6 guy.

Derrick
07-08-2011, 02:17 PM
:cry:

Rose
07-08-2011, 02:18 PM
One of my biggest regrets is never getting to see him play in person. Great player, person and ambassador for the game globally. The NBA owes Yao Ming a lot for getting the NBA a worldwide sport. Always seemed so humble. Its a real shame because he was becoming a force in the league and I think he could have become one of the NBA greats if he just could have stayed healthy.
I sat here debating for maybe two minutes over whether or not Yao is the type of player you HAVE TO see in person. There's maybe 10 guys a year or so that fall into that. Don't get me wrong I think he has skills, but I don't think I'd put him in that category. Maybe in like 07 when he was on a tear and was the best center in the league before he broke his leg. maybe..

ihatetimthomas
07-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I sat here debating for maybe two minutes over whether or not Yao is the type of player you HAVE TO see in person. There's maybe 10 guys a year or so that fall into that. Don't get me wrong I think he has skills, but I don't think I'd put him in that category. Maybe in like 07 when he was on a tear and was the best center in the league before he broke his leg. maybe..

He was just a player for me personally that I really wanted to see. I have always been a big fan of his, and he really is the first of his kind. First great player from asia and was a giant. I never said he was a player who people must see, simply that I really wanted to see him and am disappointed that that will not happen.

Droid101
07-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I got to see it... back in the day against the Clippers. Steve Francis took over and taunted the crowd. Blew the Clips out by 20. :facepalm

He looks bigger in person (6 rows back) than he does on TV, that's for sure.

redhonda76
07-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Sad to see him retire. He was loaded with skills before coming to the NBA. Excellent footwork, court vision, and a great shooting touch for his size. A guy of his size aren't built to play non-stop basketball every year and ultimately doom his career. He was the only center that played Shaq consistently well in post 2000 era.

R.I.P.
07-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Rockets and Chinese government f***** him up. Played too many games for a guy with his body.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I know he's retiring, but he's not dead, so we can criticize him. Dude was never as good as he was supposed to be. He couldn't stay healthy. He never got out of the 1st round. He couldn't grab 10bds a game. He couildn't catch a ball on the move and make a play. He was slow.

He was a good player. A big draw. He was one of the top centers in the league when he played...but in alot of ways, he was a bust.

rezznor
07-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I know he's retiring, but he's not dead, so we can criticize him. Dude was never as good as he was supposed to be. He couldn't stay healthy. He never got out of the 1st round. He couldn't grab 10bds a game. He couildn't catch a ball on the move and make a play. He was slow.

He was a good player. A big draw. He was one of the top centers in the league when he played...but in alot of ways, he was a bust.

i hate this argument. so tmac was a bust too i guess?

p.s. he did get out of the first round

Nero Tulip
07-08-2011, 02:36 PM
What a failure he turned out to be. Not his fault, as when he was healthy he could be dominant, but still I (and everybody else) expected him to do much more in this league.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 02:37 PM
my bad - 2 of 8 yrs he hit 10 bds a game, in a 3rd he averaged 9.9.

redhonda76
07-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Yao did got out of the 1st round. He did average 10reb a game on a couple of times. Yao is only averaging 32 minutes a game. What the hell are you talking about.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
i hate this argument. so tmac was a bust too i guess?

p.s. he did get out of the first round

T-Mac wasn't a #1 pick. T-Mac wasn't supposed to be an evolutionary/generational player.

Yao came in with huge expectations - he turned out to be a better version of Rik Smits and Ilgaukas. Fine players, but not superstars.

alenleomessi
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM
wow this sucks he was one of a kind

ihatetimthomas
07-08-2011, 02:41 PM

Well as others said, he did get out of the first round back in 09' and did get the boards.

I would say he didnt get his full potential out of his career, but not a bust because he was a good player.. Injuries derailed his careers but thats hardly a knock to him personally. He was coming into his own before the bad injuries and was becoming a lot more agressive. When you look at his stats and career, you cant say he was a bust. His career was just cut short.

He was not perfect, but he had a lot of great assets. Great in the post, great midrange shot, solid footwork and great FT shooter. You can see that he really wanted to win. He was passionate about the game.

SCREWstonRockets
07-08-2011, 02:43 PM
T-Mac wasn't a #1 pick. T-Mac wasn't supposed to be an evolutionary/generational player.

Yao came in with huge expectations - he turned out to be a better version of Rik Smits and Ilgaukas. Fine players, but not superstars.
Why huge expectations? Nobody that size in the NBA Was ever as good as Yao Ming. But Yao was suppose to come in and score 30 and grab 20 boards a game? What's the the logic here? From what I remember when was being first mentioned, almost everyone said he was going to be a bust. Then, when he proved he wasn't a bust, now he was suppose to be the greatest center ever? He went from being projected as a bust, to a 19/9 career player. I'd say that is pretty good.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Yao did got out of the 1st round. He did average 10reb a game on a couple of times. Yao is only averaging 32 minutes a game. What the hell are you talking about.

He made it out of the 1st round once, averaged 10bds twice. I'm not calling him garbage but his play didn't earn him all those all-star nods, or his endorsements. He was a B+/A- player, who did not meet his expectations.

thejumpa
07-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Called it when he first went down against LA. This just goes to show how a relatively small injury can turn extremely serious and end ones career. He's only 30 years old. What a shame.

FWIW...he was the best Center in the league for a few years and NOBODY ever took that title from him.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd say that is pretty good.

Yeah, "pretty good" exactly. Not starting all-star. Not #1 pick. Not #1 pitch man.

He was pretty good. We agree.

rezznor
07-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah, "pretty good" exactly. Not starting all-star. Not #1 pick. Not #1 pitch man.

dwight. yao. name me any another center who deserved to start over him when he was playing at his peak. (discount the years he got voted in while injured, i agree that was bullshit)

the only other player as good as Yao that year was Amare and guess what, 8 other teams passed on him as well. Yao was the obvious pick to make at #1 at the time.

Yao also bridged the gap between China (guess how many people they have?!) and USA. #1 pitchman is a no brainer.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Called it when he first went down against LA. This just goes to show how a relatively small injury can turn extremely serious and end ones career. He's only 30 years old. What a shame.

FWIW...he was the best Center in the league for a few years and NOBODY ever took that title from him.

Which years was he the best center? Wasn't Shaq always the best center until Dwight. Hell, Amare playing C in Phx was better.

ihatetimthomas
07-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Does a pretty good player mean a bust? Not in my books.

redhonda76
07-08-2011, 02:54 PM
He made it out of the 1st round once, averaged 10bds twice. I'm not calling him garbage but his play didn't earn him all those all-star nods, or his endorsements. He was a B+/A- player, who did not meet his expectations.

What expectations are you expectting? When Yao was drafted #1, everyone was saying he will be a bust. No one was expecting him to be a 20/10 guy. Experts were saying the game is too fast for him and he is not strong enough to play the game. Like many foreign players, it took time to adjust the rules of the game. You expect a 7'6 guy to get 30/20?? Name me a player of Yao's height made an impact or the skills that he have?
His career was cut short due to injuries which was beyond his control.

Derrick
07-08-2011, 02:55 PM
He gave the rockets some good years, lets leave it at that. :confusedshrug:

rezznor
07-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Which years was he the best center? Wasn't Shaq always the best center until Dwight. Hell, Amare playing C in Phx was better.
no. it was shaq, then yao for a short time, now dwight.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 02:57 PM
dwight. yao. name me any another center who deserved to start over him when he was playing at his peak. (discount the years he got voted in while injured, i agree that was bullshit).

There was never a moment in either of their careers when a healthy Amare wasn't >> a healthy Yao.

Yao also bridged the gap between China (guess how many people they have?!) and USA. #1 pitchman is a no brainer.

Ok - so this means his play merited the attention he received?

rezznor
07-08-2011, 02:57 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/warriors/2007/04/30/BARKLEY_PAYS_UP320x248.jpg

i wonder if barkley still thinks yao was a bust

thejumpa
07-08-2011, 02:58 PM

05 on....most complete offensive game, good enough rebounder, great passer, played decent defense. Shaq was way past his prime and Dwight was too raw of a player. Amar'e playing C in Phx was never the best anything. Ever.

rezznor
07-08-2011, 02:58 PM
There was never a moment in either of their careers when a healthy Amare wasn't >> a healthy Yao.

Ok - so this means his play merited the attention he received?

of course it does. do you even know what a pitchman does? :facepalm

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
no. it was shaq, then yao for a short time, now dwight.

What year was Yao better than Shaq?

Yao's best year was 06-07, when he played 50 games. Howard played 82, scored a little less, but did everything else better.

Yao was NEVER the best C in the game.

thejumpa
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
What year was Yao better than Shaq?

Yao's best year was 06-07, when he played 50 games. Howard played 82, scored a little less, but did everything else better.

Yao was NEVER the best C in the game.

:oldlol:

Amar'e playing C in PHX was better than Yao.....:oldlol:

DuMa
07-08-2011, 03:04 PM
sad :(

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 03:04 PM
05 on....most complete offensive game, good enough rebounder, great passer, played decent defense. Shaq was way past his prime and Dwight was too raw of a player. Amar'e playing C in Phx was never the best anything. Ever.

05? There was one season where he played 70 games post-05. Howard was already better, Shaq was still better.

But I'm interested in the Amare theory -- how was Yao better...I'm sure its going to be a defense answer, because if Yao was one thing, it was GREAT on defense (keep beleiving that).

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 03:07 PM
of course it does. do you even know what a pitchman does? :facepalm

Please explain how the play of the -- at his very best 15th best player in the league -- merits being the #1 TV personality for the league. Seems ot be a 15 place disparity.

SCREWstonRockets
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM

At his peak, who should have started over Yao?

redhonda76
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Shaq then Yao then Dwight. It was never Amare.

Amare took the All NBA team over Yao was because Yao missed too many games.

06-07 - Amare 1st team - Yao only played 48 games
07-08 - Amare 2nd team - Yao only played 55 games

Amare was horrible on the defensive end. Even to this day, Amare can't play a lick of defense and is a horrible rebounder.

LA_Showtime
07-08-2011, 03:09 PM
:cry:

This guy was easily becoming the best center in the league. He had stretches of games (before injuries) where he was just destroying the competition. Goddamn.

thejumpa
07-08-2011, 03:12 PM
05? There was one season where he played 70 games post-05. Howard was already better, Shaq was still better.

But I'm interested in the Amare theory -- how was Yao better...I'm sure its going to be a defense answer, because if Yao was one thing, it was GREAT on defense (keep beleiving that).

When did I say Yao was great on defense? I'll wait.

Howard in his 2nd year was better than Yao? Really? Because I watched a lot of ball back then and never heard anyone saying he was better. Sure, they were compared, but anyone could tell that Dwight didn't have the moves to compete with Yao. Dwight wasn't on some elite level defensively back then either.

You can't be serious about Amar'e. Sure, he was the best PF for a short period of time, but never the best C. That's a fact. He was(and still is) a black hole on defense and has never been able to pass like Yao. Didn't have the footwork...couldn't shoot like him. His game is strictly power and athleticism-based. Nothing wrong with that, but not worthy of a best C in teh game title. That goes to real centers...you know, guys who are actually interested in playing defense and rebounding.

kaiteng
07-08-2011, 03:18 PM
sad :(
Why sad? Look at your avy. He is happy!!

kaiteng
07-08-2011, 03:25 PM
For the part that he has never achieved for the bigger things for the Rockets rather than reaching the second round in the playoff, you can blame that on T-Mac. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

DuMa
07-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Why sad? Look at your avy. He is happy!!

at least he will go down as a meme
http://www.massaveio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/yao-ming-meme.png

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Howard in his 2nd year was better than Yao? Really? Because I watched a lot of ball back then and never heard anyone saying he was better. Sure, they were compared, but anyone could tell that Dwight didn't have the moves to compete with Yao. Dwight wasn't on some elite level defensively back then either..

Dwight was better defensively, on the bds and, while he didn't have the jumperthat Yao had, jumper is basically all Yao has on Dwight.

You can't be serious about Amar'e. Sure, he was the best PF for a short period of time, but never the best C. That's a fact. He was(and still is) a black hole on defense and has never been able to pass like Yao. Didn't have the footwork...couldn't shoot like him. His game is strictly power and athleticism-based. Nothing wrong with that, but not worthy of a best C in teh game title. That goes to real centers...you know, guys who are actually interested in playing defense and rebounding.

Amare was never the best C, neither was Yao, went from Shaq to Dwight. But healthy Amare was always > healthy Yao.

This Amare on D may be a "black hole" but Yao was a tunrstile. He didn't move his feet, he wasn't fast enough to guard anyone. he could block shots, but so can amare. I honestly don't see the difference between the two in that area.

MeLO MvP 15
07-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm really surprised to see this. I figured if he didn't retire last year or the year before he'd give it a go again. I guess his recovery didn't go they planned.

I really was expecting him to go to a team on a one year deal this summer and have a really strong bounce back year. I think he was probably planning on tht but he probably didn't heal enough and needed another surgery or something and just said "f##k it"

DeronMillsap
07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Sucks to see him finally go but it's best for his healthy and his family.

Bosnian Sajo
07-08-2011, 04:03 PM
it's the best for him and for the Rockets. Sad to see him go, truly one of the genuine good guys in the league.

Why would you say that? Cause he looks that way? He is one of the most arrogant douchebags I have ever met, genuine "good guy".

Dont read a book by its cover guys.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Yao as a bust:

Yao #1 pick

Yao made over 100million playing basketball in 8 seasons

BUT
Yao, in 8 seasons, played 60+ games in 4 OF THE SEASONS

Yao was never the best at a slim position

In 8 seasons, made the 2nd round 1 time

In 8 seasons averaged 10 bds 2 times

If you asked Hou what they wanted in 2002 it would not have been 7 1st round exits, with 4 heatlhy seasons with good center production at $100mill.

(and I'll throw in because it riles people up - not the best from his draft calss)

Not an olowakandi/Kwame Brown/Darko level bust, but still a bust...on a level like Bogut/Oden (If he were healthy, oh boy would we be good).

Amare4lyfe
07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Wow. I'm reading Joey Zaza posts. Yao is a bust? What are you smoking.
I nominate Joey as the dumbass poster of the year.

Timmy D for MVP
07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
:oldlol:

If you ask Houston I'm sure they enjoyed having a guy that was a threat to go 20/10 every night. Shit even 18/8 is something that no team is gonna go "no thanks." They also prob enjoyed the increased revenue from gaining millions more fans from China.

Actually if you ask every team. The only issue was not being able to stay on the court. But I don't remember any mad expectations that he was gonna win multiple MVP's and lead Houston to tons of championships.

What they did get was one of the top-2 centers when healthy. The only weight that your argument holds is that he couldn't stay on the court. Then you should say "the end"

Timmy D for MVP
07-08-2011, 04:17 PM
For me this is terribly sad news. It's a shame to see such a bright career be derailed year after year. Chuck Hayes is a family friend so I followed the Rockets pretty closely once he got into the league and watching Yao was a joy.

That said I have been saying all year that he should retire. I'm glad he did, for his personal future. Ask Bill Walton, and I'm sure he might say something similar.

R.I.P.
07-08-2011, 04:20 PM
(and I'll throw in because it riles people up - not the best from his draft calss)

Not an olowakandi/Kwame Brown/Darko level bust, but still a bust.

The only guys that turned out to be a better all around package are Amare and Boozer, who went 9th and 35th. Maybe there is a small case for Scola, Nene or Caron Butler. But that

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I nominate Joey as the dumbass poster of the year.

Its an honor just to be nominated. And I'd like to thank Yao, who carries his overration (word?) into retirement.

If you ask Houston I'm sure they enjoyed having a guy that was a threat to go 20/10 every night. Shit even 18/8 is something that no team is gonna go "no thanks." They also prob enjoyed the increased revenue from gaining millions more fans from China.

I am sure...every team needs a B+/A- center...which is what Yao was. We just don't need to use a #1 pick or $100,000,000 on it.

Actually if you ask every team. The only issue was not being able to stay on the court.

But that's the issue...Oden would be great for Port. Bogut would be great for Mil. They aren't...they are busts. Now if they come back and give us 5 or 6 seasons of 70ish games of effective play, they can lost that moniker, but as long as they are using up space, and hope, and not playing -- they are busts.

To sum, they are not helping their team to the level their salary or draft place deserves....which is what a bust is.

gyu
07-08-2011, 04:23 PM
You've obviously never seen Yao play if you don't think he was an above average defender, Rockets was one of the best defensive teams a few years ago mostly due to him... :facepalm

If NBA.com didn't remove most of their content off their site I would show you the article near the end of the 08-09 season where Yao was ranked 2nd for DPOY after Dwight Howard.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:26 PM
You've obviously never seen Yao play if you don't think he was an above average defender, Rockets was one of the best defensive teams a few years ago mostly due to him... :facepalm .

Seemed stiff and slow to me. He was tall so he could block shots and against other big stiffs he was heLL defensively. Agaisnt mobile centers, he was lost. People used to criticize Shaq for not showing on the p/r, Yao majored in dropping off on the p/r.

rodman91
07-08-2011, 04:26 PM
http://straighttotheleague.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/tracy21.jpg

What a waste...

gyu
07-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Seemed stiff and slow to me. He was tall so he could block shots and against other big stiffs he was heLL defensively. Agaisnt mobile centers, he was lost. People used to criticize Shaq for not showing on the p/r, Yao majored in dropping off on the p/r.
Well Dwight would have to disagree, Yao Ming has destroyed him every time they've played.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:28 PM
The only guys that turned out to be a better all around package are Amare and Boozer, who went 9th and 35th.

I was only going for Amare -- but thanks for the support RIP. Glad to have you on my side in this debate.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Well Dwight would have to disagree, Yao Ming has destroyed him every time they've played.

Can you find a smaller sample to base your opinion on?

Timmy D for MVP
07-08-2011, 04:30 PM
To sum, they are not helping their team to the level their salary or draft place deserves....which is what a bust is.

Well no again he did play at a #1 pick level. That is unquestionable.

As far as value sure it's a large contract but it's money they prob got back with the increased exposure and fan base.

SO as far as a value bust... again he's not.

gyu
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Can you find a smaller sample to base your opinion on?
Can you provide any sample? Dwight, arguably the best center at the time just happens to have a bad game every time he plays Yao on both ends of the floor?

R.I.P.
07-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I`m an idiot, who takes posts out of context

I agree.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:36 PM
As far as value sure it's a large contract but it's money they prob got back with the increased exposure and fan base.

I talk contributions on the court v. investment made by Hou. You talk fan-base. Can we limit the Yao discussion to his actual play and not the number of fans he had in China.

Because i'll concede, Yao had alot of fans based on his nation of origin. I'll also argue that doesn't make him better at basketball.

I do like your argument that "he did play at a #1 pick level. That is unquestionable. " Its funny because according to RIP, in his draft he played at a #3 level.

Moreover, he missed HUGE portions of half the seasons he played. That is the exact opposite of playing at a high level.

And don't we say things on this site like "He played with another All-Star, he could've at least made it to..." or do we only make that argument when we are criticizing T-Mac?

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I agree.

I appreciate your misquoting me RIP, but please put your quote in context, so I can understand it better.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Can you provide any sample? Dwight, arguably the best center at the time just happens to have a bad game every time he plays Yao on both ends of the floor?

How many times they play each other? 6? Maybe. Glen Rice was the best player in the league for 6 games out of his life. I don't use it in arguments now.

gyu
07-08-2011, 04:41 PM
His match up with Duncan, holds Duncan well below his usual shooting % at 43.5%. If you looked at Yao's numbers after 2003, he consistently played Duncan well.

Against Duncan:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=mingya01&p2=duncati01

Against Amar'e:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=stoudam01&p2=mingya01
Also holds Amar'e below his averages, especially his fg% where he was shooting at a very high clip in Phoenix.

And of course here is his match up with Dwight (played 9 times) where Dwight gets dominated the most of the 3 big men and it's not even close:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=mingya01&p2=howardw01

Holding Dwight to 12 ppg on 44% shooting and 10 rebounds. Rockets win 7 of the 9, while Yao averages 24 (54% shooting) 10

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:44 PM
His match up with Duncan, holds Duncan well below his usual shooting % at 43.5%. If you looked at Yao's numbers after 2003, he consistently played Duncan well.

Against Duncan:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=mingya01&p2=duncati01.

He matched up v. Duncan...seems more likely that he'd match with Rasho or whatever other stiff Duncan played next to during any given season.

Against Amar'e:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=stoudam01&p2=mingya01
Also holds Amar'e below his averages, especially his fg% where he was shooting at a very high clip in Phoenix.

Wow - they played each other to a virtual draw. Amare must've been some monster defender to shut down a guy a foot taller than him like that.

gyu
07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
He matched up v. Duncan...seems more likely that he'd match with Rasho or whatever other stiff Duncan played next to during any given season.

Wow - they played each other to a virtual draw. Amare must've been some monster defender to shut down a guy a foot taller than him like that.
can you provide ANYTHING to support your arguments? You've been ignoring my request to see samples of your own. I'm not even gonna reply to you anymore if you can't support your arguments.
Also, what's the reason Houston was a top 5 defensive team a few years ago? Don't tell me Battier, because the last couple seasons we had him and we've been a terrible defensive team.

Amar'e averaged mid 50s for fg% in Phoenix, and Yao held him to 10+% below his average, I would say that is very good.

Rowe
07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I dont believe this is it for Yao, I think he wants to see how his foot has healed by mid-season before he gives it 1 more shot.

Every NBA player who retired due to injury attempted 1 more comeback.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:49 PM
And of course here is his match up with Dwight (played 9 times) where Dwight gets dominated the most of the 3 big men and it's not even close:

Holding Dwight to 12 ppg on 44% shooting and 10 rebounds. Rockets win 7 of the 9, while Yao averages 24 (54% shooting) 10

Yao had Dwight's number.

Is the point that Yao is a better ball player than Dwight? I doubt you even beleive that? Is the point that Yao was a dominating ball player at times? -- I beleive that.

Doesn't mean the dude did not live up to his billing, contract, or expectations.

gyu
07-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Yao had Dwight's number.

Is the point that Yao is a better ball player than Dwight? I doubt you even beleive that? Is the point that Yao was a dominating ball player at times? -- I beleive that.

Doesn't mean the dude did not live up to his billing, contract, or expectations.
You are missing my argument, you claim Yao is a bad defender and can't defend, I claim the opposite. You specifically stated he does bad against mobile big men, and who is more mobile than Dwight?

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:53 PM
can you provide ANYTHING to support your arguments? You've been ignoring my request to see samples of your own. I'm not even gonna reply to you anymore if you can't support your arguments.

I don't know what support I need to give...look at his averages and his games played and the results of his efforts. Do I need to post them. He was a solid scorer and an ok rebounder..not the passer we all want to beleive he was (under 2apg). He was not the best at his position (want me to post Shaq's stats or Howard's stats), he was not a top 10 player in the league, and he missed a ton of games while playing with a huge contract and getting AS votes without playing for them.

What proof do you want to see from me?

Why was Hou good defensively---good defensive coach installing a good defensive system led by good defensive players. I know its not one guy.

How did Yao shut down amare? How did Amare shut down Yao? Held a 20+ppg scorer to 18ppg.

Timmy D for MVP
07-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I talk contributions on the court v. investment made by Hou. You talk fan-base. Can we limit the Yao discussion to his actual play and not the number of fans he had in China.

Because i'll concede, Yao had alot of fans based on his nation of origin. I'll also argue that doesn't make him better at basketball.

I do like your argument that "he did play at a #1 pick level. That is unquestionable. " Its funny because according to RIP, in his draft he played at a #3 level.

Moreover, he missed HUGE portions of half the seasons he played. That is the exact opposite of playing at a high level.

And don't we say things on this site like "He played with another All-Star, he could've at least made it to..." or do we only make that argument when we are criticizing T-Mac?

But that's a moot point when he's bringing in more money than the team is giving him. The whole idea is that one is "not worth the money" right? But if he

a) plays at a high level (which he did when healthy I don't understand what you're talking about)
AND
b) actually brings in money

How does that become a bust as far as value is concerned? Think of it like this... you can subtract the money that he helped earned from his total contract and suddenly it makes more sense right?

And sure there were other guys. There's no such thing as a definitive #1 when looking back on a draft. (Well okay maybe Tim Duncan). You can look back and say that anyone of those players could have gone 1 and would have turned out well. Do you say Hakeem is a bust because he didn't play to the #1 spot in his draft? Cause if you did I'd slap you.

Answer me this then had he gone 3rd would you not affix the bust label?

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
You are missing my argument, you claim Yao is a bad defender and can't defend, I claim the opposite. You specifically stated he does bad against mobile big men, and who is more mobile than Dwight?

Dwight was always mobile...I think early he didn't now how to use it.

The defender argument is to counter al lthe arguments about how poor a defender Amare is...but as you showed, Yao shut down amare and amare shut down Yao rendering the Amare-defender argument moot.

Butters
07-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Projected to be a bust.Ended up a 19/9 player who had a stretch as the best center in the game.

Can't complain:applause:

I doubt he's done though

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 05:01 PM
But that's a moot point when he's bringing in more money than the team is giving him. The whole idea is that one is "not worth the money" right? But if he

a) plays at a high level (which he did when healthy I don't understand what you're talking about)?

I am talking about contributions on the court. Yeah he brought in ancillary income, while using up 12% of Hou;'s cap while NOT PLAYING FOR HUGE CHUINKS OF SEASONS. I am talking about his play as a BASKETBALL PLAYER not a pseudo celebrity.

And sure there were other guys. There's no such thing as a definitive #1 when looking back on a draft. (Well okay maybe Tim Duncan). You can look back and say that anyone of those players could have gone 1 and would have turned out well. Do you say Hakeem is a bust because he didn't play to the #1 spot in his draft? Cause if you did I'd slap you.

Hakeem won 2 titles and was the best player at his position for long stretches of his career and was (arguably) the best player in the NBA for 2 seasons (no worse than top 3). That's all you'd ever ask from a #1 pick.

Yao did noone of those. He was never the best at his position and was not a top 10 player (I say not top 15) anddi not lead his team to any substantial playoff success and missed alrge chunks of half his seasons...what did he do to merit his draft slot and pay?

4 solid seasons?

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Projected to be a bust.

This is utter revisionist BS. EVERY team wanted him...EVERY TEAM. I'm sure some said it, but he was as much a guaranteed #1 pick as any player I can recall.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stories/2002-05-02-yao.htm

His own private workout for media and GM's with D.Stern singing his praises. Averages 40+pts in Shanghai

Clippersfan86
07-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Against Duncan:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=mingya01&p2=duncati01

Against Amar'e:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=mingya01&p2=howardw01

Nail in Zaza's coffin. I don't get why the idiot is trying to convince us all Yao was a bust or wasn't the best at ANY point. If he's consistently getting the best of top C's in the game obviously he's the best. Not to mention he did have stats to back it up. Yao was NO DOUBT the best Center in the game for at least a season, maybe 2 when he was healthy. Nobody could guard him consistently.. and his defensive presence was huge.

Anyways saying this isn't true is a new fan or is in denial.

Timmy D for MVP
07-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I am talking about contributions on the court. Yeah he brought in ancillary income, while using up 12% of Hou;'s cap while NOT PLAYING FOR HUGE CHUINKS OF SEASONS. I am talking about his play as a BASKETBALL PLAYER not a pseudo celebrity.

Hakeem won 2 titles and was the best player at his position for long stretches of his career and was (arguably) the best player in the NBA for 2 seasons (no worse than top 3). That's all you'd ever ask from a #1 pick.

Yao did noone of those. He was never the best at his position and was not a top 10 player (I say not top 15) anddi not lead his team to any substantial playoff success and missed alrge chunks of half his seasons...what did he do to merit his draft slot and pay?

4 solid seasons?

So had he gone 3rd would you still label him a bust?

You're saying that because he made X amount of money he was a bust. But since he brought in money his value changes X-whatever he brings in. Lets use some random numbers. Lets say 10 mil. is the amount he gets right? So if he brings in extra revenue at say 5 mil. a year then basically his contract was for 5 mil. So... yeah I'd say that's an important factor. Whether he plays or not, which again when he did he was at one point the best at his position. And it's at least arguable.

Basically what I'm saying is to throw your value based argument out. Because he's not a bust in that department.

Also... wtf? Any time he was on the court he most def deserved it! I use the Hakeem example because your logic was that because there were a couple other guys who arguably were better all of the sudden he's a bust because of it? That's not how drafts work. All three guys are #1 capable.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Nail in Zaza's coffin. I don't get why the idiot is trying to convince us all Yao was a bust or wasn't the best at ANY point. .

Can't convince anyone of anything. Just stating my opinion that as a #1 pick making $100,000,000 over 8 seasons- with the attention and hype he received- he should have contributed more (not his fault he was hurt, but it does impact his contributions on the court) .

Again he was a good player. A-/B+, borderling AS, helped by the dearth at his position. Not really a frnachise guy, not a superstar, not great, not THE guy. A really good player

. Yao was NO DOUBT the best Center in the game for at least a season, maybe 2 when he was healthy.

Which season? It wasn't 2005, he played half-the-season? So while he was hell sitting on the bench, I wouldn't want him as my starting center that year.

Want 2009? It was Dwight...no matter what happened in the 2 game sampling.

sipitri
07-08-2011, 05:17 PM
It's a sad day for me..

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 05:19 PM
So had he gone 3rd would you still label him a bust?.

Less of one...less expectations surrounding him.

You're saying that because he made X amount of money he was a bust. But since he brought in money his value changes X-whatever he brings in. Lets use some random numbers. Lets say 10 mil. is the amount he gets right? So if he brings in extra revenue at say 5 mil. a year then basically his contract was for 5 mil. So... yeah I'd say that's an important factor. Whether he plays or not, which again when he did he was at one point the best at his position. And it's at least arguable.

Well, there's a thing in the NBA (or there was) called a salary cap. No matter how much $$ a player brings in, the team still has to work within it. So, by taking up 12% of Hou's cap, while only playing a limited number of their games, his value is diminished--from a basketball standpoint, not a franchise value standpoint.

I use the Hakeem example because your logic was that because there were a couple other guys who arguably were better all of the sudden he's a bust because of it? That's not how drafts work. All three guys are #1 capable.

If you are the #1 pick and not a bust -- do #1 pick things (like Hakeem, like Ewing, Like Robinson) be the best player on your franchise for a long time leading it to long period of winning on your back -- or be the best player in your draft (Kenyon Martin leaps to mind).

Otherwise-to me- you are a bust.

goldenryan
07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
People just aren't meant to 7'6. it's hard to live a healthy life at that height yet alone be a dominate athlete. None of the really tall high draft picks ever live up to their potential or hype.

http://www.thetallestman.com/images/shawnbradley/shawnbradley%20(15).jpg

bdreason
07-08-2011, 05:30 PM
I bet he still makes the All-Star game next season... assuming there is a season.

Beebo
07-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Sad day for the NBA.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Sad day for the NBA.

How long until his image is up on NBA.com?

Timmy D for MVP
07-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Less of one...less expectations surrounding him.

Well, there's a thing in the NBA (or there was) called a salary cap. No matter how much $$ a player brings in, the team still has to work within it. So, by taking up 12% of Hou's cap, while only playing a limited number of their games, his value is diminished--from a basketball standpoint, not a franchise value standpoint.

Use a different example because Hakeem is the picture perfect #1 pick.

No the expectations would have been the same. Kyree Irving's expectations would be the same if he went 2-5. It's about skill set not position. If he was highly touted it wouldn't have mattered would it?

Also to be fair then you'd have to call T-Mac a bust for that team too. Which you may or may not be prepared to do I don't know your stance on that.

You yourself continue to call Yao an A player. How is that not one deserving of that pick. How many other A players would you say came from that draft? Maaaaaybe 3? Any of which going one would have been reasonable.

My argument is that you're taking it to an extreme. Yao is not a bust. He was def top-2 centers, and I personally think that with some luck he may have won an MVP. It's sad to see injuries derail what was an extremely promising career.

CJ Mustard
07-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Terrible news. It's unfortunate the McGrady/Yao duo never reached it's potential. No way they should've lost to the Jazz in 2007.

Joey Zaza
07-08-2011, 05:55 PM
No the expectations would have been the same. Kyree Irving's expectations would be the same if he went 2-5. It's about skill set not position. If he was highly touted it wouldn't have mattered would it?.

Expectations are impossible to measure...but #1 pick means -- you can pick anyone in the world you want. No.2 pick means, you pick whomever the #1 picker didn't want.

Also to be fair then you'd have to call T-Mac a bust for that team too. Which you may or may not be prepared to do I don't know your stance on that.

I wouldn't be the first one...T-Mac did not live up to expectations (set by his play) I think we ca nall agree on that.

You yourself continue to call Yao an A player. How is that not one deserving of that pick. How many other A players would you say came from that draft? Maaaaaybe 3? Any of which going one would have been reasonable.

I call him A-/B+. Amare is an A. Booz is an A-/B+. Nene is a B/B+.

My argument is that you're taking it to an extreme. Yao is not a bust. He was def top-2 centers, and I personally think that with some luck he may have won an MVP. It's sad to see injuries derail what was an extremely promising career.

All it would have taken was a little luck and alot better play.

Xsatyr
07-08-2011, 06:12 PM
You've obviously never seen Yao play if you don't think he was an above average defender, Rockets was one of the best defensive teams a few years ago mostly due to him... :facepalm

If NBA.com didn't remove most of their content off their site I would show you the article near the end of the 08-09 season where Yao was ranked 2nd for DPOY after Dwight Howard.

Rockets had a few years where they allowed less points in the paint than anyone else.

1Time4YourMind
07-08-2011, 06:22 PM
so from basketball overall or just the NBA? what does china and their basketball association have to say about this?

millwad
07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Yao in his prime was a great player, a true all-star and he was top 2-3 among centers in his own era for the most of his career.

Now when it's all over he accomplished pretty much;

[U][B]

blablabla
07-08-2011, 06:36 PM
top25

Jasper
07-08-2011, 07:10 PM
J. Rose pointed out on ESPN that thru the 2002-2007 seasons Yao even with all the injuries was the most effective scorer in the league.
That showed how effecient he was , and how weak the position in the league was.

I was asked once , who was better Yao or Howard.
Yao was my answer ... and it's a sad day that we could not of seen these two great talents match up against each other for years and see the battles. (Because I think if Yao would of been healthy - they would of been epic battles)

Now we see hopefully the Jordans, Bogut , Howard , and Gasol and maybe Bynum find their nitch and award us with some great confrontations.

RIP Yao the giant :cry:

Lebron23
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I became a fan of Yao when he played in the 2000 Olympics. He's the best Asian player in NBA History, and a genuinely nice guy. We are going to miss him. It sucks that injury prematurely ended his NBA Career. God Bless Yao Ming.

Lebron23
07-08-2011, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Ve5j7w26I

The Yao Ming Song.

ThaSwagg3r
07-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Top 15. I'll take Yao's prime over Mourning's prime any day of the week.

Xsatyr
07-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Top 15, sad bc he had a chance to make a much bigger push. At one point he was averaging around 27/11 for the second half of a season then broke his leg or foot. I can't remember.

Lebron23
07-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I still remember this Article.

http://www.cbssports.com/u/ce/recap/0,2405,NBA_20021030_HOU@IND,00.htm

Eat Like A Bosh
07-08-2011, 07:27 PM
It's sad, imagine what could've been.
Injuries ruined his career.
When healthy, this dude was a legitimate force, easily a 20-10 guy with great free throw shooting. I would take him over Dwight Howard back then.

Never knew Shaq and Yao were good buddies.

"We're going to miss you, bro," O'Neal said. "You're one of the greatest players ever to come out of China. You're one of the greatest players, period. I'm going to miss you, brother. Enjoy retirement. Let's go on vacation, bro. Me and you."

L.Kizzle
07-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Man, sucks to see him go. Always wanted the guy to do good.

Houston, we are in our dark days again, like it was in the early part of the 2000s.

L.Kizzle
07-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Probably top 25, could have been one of the true great center.

chips93
07-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Never knew Shaq and Yao were good buddies.

maybe im just cynical, but i think shaq is just trying to stay in the news.

Sarcastic
07-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Greatest Chinese center of all time. Maybe even greatest Asian center of all time.

ThaSwagg3r
07-08-2011, 07:50 PM
It is a sad day indeed, but we all saw this coming sooner or later. It is probably best for him personally that he does retire. When I heard he was out for the season last season, I knew that his playing days were pretty much over.

Sadly there is such a thing as too much size in the NBA. You just can't have the man's frame and size while having a healthy NBA career.

He had the anti-LeBron personality, a personality that Kevin Durant has today. A humble and genuinely nice guy. The dude worked like a dog. He was one of the hardest workers the league has ever seen.

He is probably going to be the last dominant offensive center to play the game. A top 15-17 center to ever play the game.

Sad day, but it was coming sooner or later. Maybe he will give it another go. If he does, I hope he picks a contender not named the Miami Heat.

BlazersDozen
07-08-2011, 08:11 PM
3 years too late

Peteballa
07-08-2011, 08:13 PM
It seems with all of these players that died or had their career cut short due to injuries or other factors are always remembered as "could have been", "would have been", etc. Oftentimes they are later perceived as players way better than they actually were. For example, Sabonis showed potential as a young player and had injuries; he could have been better. However, people say things such as Sabonis could have been one of the greatest centers ever, which is mostly because it can't be proved false since he never actually played during his prime. Same thing with Len Bias; people say he could have been one of the best and his skill is glamorized, just because he was never actually able to show it.

Will Yao be remembered as a player that never dominated because his career was cut short due to injury? In 20 years, will uneducated fools be telling others on message boards that Yao was one of the greatest centers of all time, and would have dominated the league during the years he was injured and retired?

edit: 1,000 posts :party: :party: :party:

bizil
07-08-2011, 08:13 PM
With Yao retiring now I would say he's in the top 25-30 centers of all time. He had the potential to get in the 10 to 15 area though. U got:

Kareem
Wilt
Russell
Shaq
Dream
Moses
Robinson
Ewing
Mikan
Reed
Unseld
Cowens
Thurmond
Walton
Parish
Gilmore
Bellamy
Zo

Yao talent and size combined could be ranked around number 10-12 arguably. But he wasn't great long enough to be ranked that high. He and Bill Walton could have been way up there if not for the injuries. Even though Big Bill made the 50 greatest, he didn't belong on that list. At his best, Bill was right up there as one of the 3-4 best all around centers ever. But he wasn't great long enough. There had NEVER been a player at 7'5 with Yao's skillset and ability. Too bad he couldn't get it in and become as great as he could have been.

The-Legend-24
07-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Who?

Samurai Swoosh
07-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Yao is not a legend, you need to get smacked up for a statement like this, IMO

AMISTILLILL
07-08-2011, 08:18 PM
There will always be these types of discussions. I think, along with the injuries, the supporting casts he had (yes, including T-Mac) will always be blamed for his lack of rings and individual accolades. It's likely cultural. Chinese kids growing up probably consider him a basketball messiah of sorts.

He'll be remember as a "what could have been" but he certainly didn't do his body any favors, placing extra strain on it playing for China in the off-season.

rezznor
07-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Yao was great for the era he was in, but the era was weak.

I think he will be remembered more as an ambassador for the game

AMISTILLILL
07-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Top 20, certainly. Probably #18.

Peteballa
07-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Yao is not a legend, you need to get smacked up for a statement like this, IMO

Hahaha good job I can tell you understood the purpose of the thread;

The point I was making that Yao was merely a regular All-Star caliber player, a decent center; however, I was propositioning that people in the future might remember him as much better, and glorify how good he was simply because he got injured and ended his career shortly. It has happened many times.

You need to get smacked up for not taking the time to comprehend what the thread was about..

SCREWstonRockets
07-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Man, sucks to see him go. Always wanted the guy to do good.

Houston, we are in our dark days again, like it was in the early part of the 2000s.

Even more fittingly, Yao came to the Rockets in those dark days. He retires and we're back here again.
:(

Rockets(T-mac)
07-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Sad, always wished he could win more, he's such a nice guy. The NBA is entering a new era, it's not going to be long before Duncan, Kobe, KG, Ray, Pierce, Vince all retire. I feel like an old man now....

Samurai Swoosh
07-08-2011, 08:30 PM
You need to get smacked up for not taking the time to comprehend what the thread was about..

I didn't read it. I must confess.

I had an answer for the thread title, though.

Stuckey
07-08-2011, 08:30 PM
no, he'll be remembered as a tall freak that couldnt stay on the court

kaiiu
07-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I forgot his 30 foot 10 head as already

Peteballa
07-08-2011, 08:34 PM

I didn't read it. I must confess.

I had an answer for the thread title, though.

It's all good haha

L.Kizzle
07-08-2011, 08:34 PM
no, he'll be remembered as a tall freak that couldnt stay on the court
First half of his career; not true.

Second half; true.

d.bball.guy
07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I bet he still makes the All-Star game next season... assuming there is a season.
:lol

get these NETS
07-08-2011, 09:05 PM
no, people glorify those whose careers were cut short who showed flashes of brilliance or straight dominance

Bill Walton ,for example,when healthy won rings.....and was a good center..great passing big man..

yao was and is straight garbage.... an AVERAGE nba center at best..

cringe when tv sports guys used to talk about how good he is...now cringe when average fans repeat that nonsense

If Chris Dudley has nba ads where he is referred to as an "NBA legend" than anything is possible..

guy
07-08-2011, 09:08 PM

Honestly, I think he might get into the HOF mainly because of that.

sirkeelma
07-08-2011, 09:09 PM
He will remember like Sabonis. Could have been, would have been.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Top 15. I'll take Yao's prime over Mourning's prime any day of the week.
RG is that you?

get these NETS
07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
He will remember like Sabonis. Could have been, would have been.

Sabonis is the reason they started having pros play for the USA Olympic Team.

saw a shell of him in the NBA but he was destroying euro and intl. competition for years...

Yao Ming was a marketing plan....and it worked..helped NBA enter the Chinese market and sell a lot of merchandise and tv rights..

FireDavidKahn
07-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Not for his play on the court but for what he did for basketball in China? You bet your ass he will.

themurph
07-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Great question...

Answer: Of course...

Whenever you are the first star of a powerful, influential nation (China) that was never known to be successful in American Pro sports, much less basketball, it goes without saying...

Yao is indeed a legend beyond what he did or didn't do on the court...

ThaSwagg3r
07-08-2011, 09:37 PM
I guess I didn't read the thread title correctly. As far as primes goes, he is a top 15-17 center of all-time. As far as career goes, he is probably top 20-25 of all-time. He was better than guys like Parish, Zo, and many other centers during his prime, but those other centers have much more in their resumes than Yao does. I am not sure how much you guys are using his International accomplishments, but I am just using his NBA accomplishments in this ranking. Dwight Howard has accomplished more than Yao Ming has, but it's arguable that Yao was better in his prime....keyword: arguable. Same goes for the likes of Parish and Mourning.

$LakerGold
07-08-2011, 09:39 PM
YAO MING YAO MING YAO MING YAO MING YAO MING!!

Ill MISS YOU YAO!!!

get these NETS
07-08-2011, 09:46 PM
what makes yao ming better than joe barry carrol?

BMOGEFan
07-08-2011, 09:53 PM

4 solid seasons?

I disagree. I felt the Artest/Yao run had a very legitimate chance to beat the Lakers that year. They really couldn't stop Yao/Mutombo. The moment Yao got injured, there went the Rocket's season.

Draz
07-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Why are people saying the NBA is going to lose a ton of Chinese fans? The dude has been injury prone for a while now. He was a great player, wish I followed him more. Hope his legacy lives on.

DetroitPiston
07-08-2011, 10:31 PM
I remember all the coverage about him when he came here, shame China pushed him so hard.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah, a legend in China.

brantonli
07-08-2011, 10:40 PM
In China? Definitely.

In the US? Only for people who watched him play or watched the extraordinary media circus when he first came into the NBA. He's not going to come up in an All Time Great's conversation, but if you mention his name I think quite a lot of people will recognise it.

KOBE24isdabest
07-08-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T6M0SPjPfo china's official tv says he's not?!

brantonli
07-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I am unashamedly taking this from another forum's poster's post, all credit to him for finding all these videos.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=6214185#post6214185

Yao vs Shawn Bradley

http://youtu.be/wnEAy9WpowA

Yao and Shaq

http://youtu.be/LaEHa_SXTNs

http://youtu.be/uCTIVwb-0Ss

http://youtu.be/FbndYCLz3-Q

http://youtu.be/1fD7i4A9N40

Yao and Pau Gasol

http://youtu.be/nwBi5d8K6vc

Yao and Dwight
http://youtu.be/mFppQfs75Ro

Yao's behind the back dribble and dunk
http://youtu.be/hvvAMDrMcO0

Yao's 2nd three pointer of his career
http://youtu.be/me6Wn_-C0pU

In a sense, Yao's last meaningful game (slightly cheesy)
http://youtu.be/6jRXhj1PpFU

Bigsmoke
07-08-2011, 10:53 PM
he will be but he shouldnt.

its only 10 years from now where people would be like "Yao Ming would have been the G.O.A.T. if he would have stayed healthy" and then bring up Yao's 2007 season like some people do with Tmac's 2003 season

themurph
07-08-2011, 11:03 PM
he will be but he shouldnt.

its only 10 years from now where people would be like "Yao Ming would have been the G.O.A.T. if he would have stayed healthy" and then bring up Yao's 2007 season like some people do with Tmac's 2003 season

Being a legend and a GOAT are two different things....

Sheed
07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
second best center of his era (guess who's first...) but in a time in the NBA where good centers are scarce, he probably would have made a bigger impact if he continued to play

Bigsmoke
07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Being a legend and a GOAT are two different things....

where did i said they were the same?

i said Yao will be overrated when time goes by

second best center of his era (guess who's first...) but in a time in the NBA where good centers are scarce, he probably would have made a bigger impact if he continued to play

Ben Wallace > Yao "decade wise"

themurph
07-08-2011, 11:14 PM
where did i said they were the same?

i said Yao will be overrated when time goes by

Ben Wallace > Yao "decade wise"

I feel u...

But what I'm saying is Yao being a woulda-been, coulda-been GOAT is moot....

He will go down as a legend simply because of two factors...

1) He was the first successful player from China, arguably the most powerful nation on earth at the moment....

2) No one has ever had the combination of that size, 7'7, weight and ball skill in the history of the league...It's a miracle Yao was able to play three years...

ShaqAttack3234
07-08-2011, 11:17 PM
It's a shame, he just kept getting better and better until his injury in the 2006-2007 season and even after that, it seemed like as soon as he'd shown signs, he'd get injured. I don't understand the soft label either, he didn't back down from Shaq and he always outplayed Dwight, he also showed real toughness in the 2009 playoffs.

I think he had the potential to be a borderline top 10 center of all time. Polished footwork, 7'6" with great touch on his almost turnarounds/jump hooks, range comfortably out to 18 feet and he developed some toughness inside, but you couldn't foul him because he was a ****ing 85% free throw shooter!

Yao was doubled a lot, even without the ball, could pass and he did make an impact defensively and on the boards. I truly believe he was on his way to being a legit MVP-caliber player. Some had him as the leading candidate before his injury in 2006-2007. He was averaging 27/10/2/2, 52 FG%, 86 FT% iirc. And not long before he was injured in 2007-2008, he won player of the month. And once again in 2009 when he gets to the second round and has a 2-1 lead vs the Lakers(not saying he would have beaten them) he goes down with what essentially turned out to be a career ending injury.

The real frustrating thing is that the injury in 2007 was a freak injury where he came down on a player's foot, and playing with China in 2008 when he wasn't fully recovered was really bad, in fact, I don't think a player of his size should have been playing for them at all once he was in the NBA.

Even worse because as far as I can tell, he seems a nice, humble guy.

Gundress
07-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Damn, sad day....:(

MastahX
07-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Yao Ming retires from the NBA

Did he even start yet?

mmsupra
07-09-2011, 12:04 AM
No ****in way:roll:

MastahX
07-09-2011, 12:05 AM
If he wasn't Chinese, he'd be a nobody. What he contributed to the NBA was nothing more than making it more popular in Asia. The dude has limited skills and in no way a legend. Not even a top 50 center

MastahX
07-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Top 75 center.

KF_hk
07-09-2011, 12:10 AM
about top 20 i think
actually yao hasn't reached his peak,and if he does,he will surpass Dwight

KF_hk
07-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Yeah, a legend in China.
agree.
yao is well-known but not as far as legend,or only in china

the_wise_one
07-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Damn, this is sad. He would definitely be a top 10 center of all time if he had stayed healthy.

Great player, but most importantly, a great person and a great ambassador for the game.

eliteballer
07-09-2011, 12:33 AM
I really think all the weight he added is what did his feet in. I mean he played 82, 82, and 80 games his first 3 seasons.

d.bball.guy
07-09-2011, 12:47 AM
In a sense, Yao's last meaningful game (slightly cheesy)
http://youtu.be/6jRXhj1PpFU
:bowdown: He was still able to finish the game. I'll miss this big man.:(

Faberg
07-09-2011, 12:53 AM
I really think all the weight he added is what did his feet in. I mean he played 82, 82, and 80 games his first 3 seasons.

No, it was playing for the Chinese national team that killed his career.

Dude was forced to play basketball every year with no breaks.

Da Heroic One
07-09-2011, 01:01 AM
For those of you blaming China for his injuries, you guys do understand that the NBA was a second priority for Yao and that his first priority was playing for his national team right?

rezznor
07-09-2011, 01:08 AM
it's also a shame cause he was steadily improving every year, it wouldn't be so bad if his skills were stagnating or declining before the injuries.

L.Kizzle
07-09-2011, 01:53 AM
about top 20 i think
actually yao hasn't reached his peak,and if he does,he will surpass Dwight
What, if he does? This isn't an OJ Simpson book.

Euroleague
07-09-2011, 02:09 AM
So let me get this straight, according to some people.............

playing 5-8 games every couple years for China "wore down his body", but playing entire seasons in the NBA did nothing..........

Yes, the general level of intelligence in this forum is truly astonishing.

Collie
07-09-2011, 02:35 AM
He'll be remembered the same way people remember guys like Ralph Sampson. He was at the peak of his play during his injury, basically a 25-10 guy who could have dominated for years to come. Shit, I always hate to see careers cut short.

Haymaker
07-09-2011, 02:37 AM
Rik Smith's a better center

wTFaMonkey
07-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Obviously the NBA wore down his body. But adding the extra training in the offseason when he is suppose to rest made it a lot worse for his body.

DCL
07-09-2011, 03:24 AM
he's one of the guys who shut me up when i said he couldn't do this or couldn't do that, but then he just improved gradually every year and started doing things. i never bought into his hype in the beginning. he had to earn it, but i think he paid a lot of dues in how he made his journey, and i'd say right now that at his very peak, when he finally developed an inside game and started banging around, yao's offense was nearly unstoppable.

Nachooo
07-09-2011, 03:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IamTZLde8wY

"Why does Tracys jersey sell better then yours in china?"
"Cause they all have mine already"

bdreason
07-09-2011, 03:40 AM
Not even close. And I'm tired of all the injury excuses. Even a prime Yao with no injuries didn't take his team anywhere. I won't deny that he was a top 5 Center in the league for a few years... but that isn't saying much these days, and his lack of success insures he'll never be remember as a 'legend'.

FourthTenor
07-09-2011, 03:47 AM
First half of his career; not true.

Second half; true.

I never really saw Yao as a dominant player.

In fact I've always been sort of surprised at how overrated he is by the general public, relative to what I saw from him when I watched him.

Solid player but far from a dominant one. Legend? Only because of things like being the most successful player at his height, being the first chinese all-star etc.

There's no way he's a legend on basketball merit, or even close to it.

DCL
07-09-2011, 03:55 AM
15 years ago, if you told me that there will be a chinese guy who would come to the league and drop 25-10 for a whole season, i would had told you to stop doing drugs. yao's achievements weren't "legendary" compared to true legends, but if you look at his background and his journey, it's pretty unbelievable what he did. he's legendary in terms of being a "breakthrough."

Euroleague
07-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Obviously the NBA wore down his body. But adding the extra training in the offseason when he is suppose to rest made it a lot worse for his body.

Most NBA players are supposed to train during that time of the off season.

Collie
07-09-2011, 04:24 AM
Yao was certainly dominant during his very short prime. He was about as close to a sure 2 points you could get in this league when he had the ball in the post. The only thing that could stop him was pushing him out of position. The guy was scoring 22+ ppg on 60% TS, that's nearly Shaq-like in efficiency.

pgm
07-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Somewhere between 20-25 for centers and a top 150 player of all time. It's a shame about the injuries (and getting robbed of Rookie of the Year).

Scholar
07-09-2011, 04:59 AM
Sad to see him go. He had plenty of potential, but those pesky injuries slowed him down. I'm just glad he knew when to throw in the towel.

bdreason
07-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Probably in the 25-30 range. There are a lot of Centers in the NBA history that had good numbers and great success. Yao had a few peak years where he was a top 3 Center, but outside of that, his career resume isn't all that impressive. He never made 1st team All-NBA, and half of his All-Star appearances were undeserved.

Sroek
07-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Prime?

Top 15, easily.

Kyle_korver
07-09-2011, 05:48 AM

What weak era was Yao in ???

miller-time
07-09-2011, 05:54 AM
he won't be remembered like penny.

pgm
07-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Yao Ming isn't quite a legend. He's not a hall of famer. He's one of the great "what if" players.

brantonli
07-09-2011, 08:08 AM
It has just occurred to me that Shaquille O'Neal and Yao Ming retired in the same season. :banghead:

R.I.P.
07-09-2011, 08:25 AM
There are seriously people talking about Yao going to the HOF. What has he ever done? Is it an accomplishment now to be born in China instead of Cameroon? He had no success in FIBA basketball, no success in NBA basketball, some okay individual stats, but no longevity. Crazy talk. :facepalm

Euroleague
07-09-2011, 08:53 AM
There are seriously people talking about Yao going to the HOF. What has he ever done? Is it an accomplishment now to be born in China instead of Cameroon? He had no success in FIBA basketball, no success in NBA basketball, some okay individual stats, but no longevity. Crazy talk. :facepalm

FIBA HOF - not for play, but he did bring the game to Asia. So maybe a 50/50 on that one.

Basketball HOF - not for play, but his influence means he will get in there.

Quite frankly, you are totally delusional if you don't think he will get in the Basketball HOF. The FIBA one is harder, because it has much higher standards. But, Yao is pretty much a lock for the Basketball HOF.

"Contribution to the growth and expansion of the game" is one of the main considerations and factors for getting into the Basketball HOF. Yao Ming will be in there, guaranteed, whether you like it or not.

R.I.P.
07-09-2011, 08:59 AM
FIBA HOF - not for play, but he did bring the game to Asia. So maybe a 50/50 on that one.

Basketball HOF - not for play, but his influence means he will get in there.

Quite frankly, you are totally delusional if you don't think he will get in the Basketball HOF. The FIBA one is harder, because it has much higher standards. But, Yao is pretty much a lock for the Basketball HOF.

"Contribution to the growth and expansion of the game" is one of the main considerations and factors for getting into the Basketball HOF. Yao Ming will be in there, guaranteed, whether you like it or not.

Like I said, HOF credential: Was born in China.

Euroleague
07-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Like I said, HOF credential: Was born in China.

Wang, Mengk, Yi, Sun - all of them were born in China. All of them played in the NBA. Not one of them will sniff the HOF.

Obviously, the qualification is a little more than having been a Chinese born NBA player.

Xsatyr
07-09-2011, 11:08 AM
For those of you blaming China for his injuries, you guys do understand that the NBA was a second priority for Yao and that his first priority was playing for his national team right?

Wrong, towards the end of his career he caused controversy bc he chose not to play. You have to understand the pressure China can put on its citizens. There is reason why Yao chose to have his daughter in the States.

bluechox2
07-09-2011, 11:41 AM
kobe is more popular in china

wally_world
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Is Greg Oden next? :confusedshrug:

kentatm
07-09-2011, 12:32 PM
The NBA is going to lose a TON of Chinese fans.

http://static.images.memegenerator.net/Instances400/8/8510/8714352.jpg

imlmf
07-09-2011, 01:56 PM

that's an incredibly stupid comment, on so many levels too:facepalm

StroShow4
07-09-2011, 03:17 PM
The NBA is going to lose a TON of Chinese fans.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oEwhnsPjdW8/Sk6ZvdBN_DI/AAAAAAAABz4/RbRgNm-HJeY/s400/yi_jianlian.jpg

Nah.

EDIT: F@ck.

apesta
07-10-2011, 06:43 AM
such a shame that Yao needs to retire due to injury. im chinese and im definitely proud of what Yao has done in the NBA. Good talented Chinese players are just so rare and the fact Yao was able to impact the NBA for short period of time was amazing at least in most Chinese people's eyes.

To the people that always blame China for ruining Yao's career, you people need to know that Yao takes his country pride top priority. It has nothing to do with China forcing him to play. Of course, its always easy to blame the government because of their background.

Rekindled
07-10-2011, 11:33 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oEwhnsPjdW8/Sk6ZvdBN_DI/AAAAAAAABz4/RbRgNm-HJeY/s400/yi_jianlian.jpg

Nah.

EDIT: F@ck.

inject some of Yao's heart into Yi, and Yi would be an allstar starter .

Heat1011
07-10-2011, 05:05 PM
good luck yao

HylianNightmare
07-10-2011, 10:42 PM
good

d.bball.guy
07-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Now that Yao Ming is out, will the Chinese vote Kobe, he's super famous right there, or go to their best home town hero, Yi Jianlian? I won't be surprised if Yi becomes an All-Star.:facepalm

Lebron23
07-11-2011, 11:33 PM
The next Yao Ming: 15 yrs.old Zhou Qi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BUANG-o9Iw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyvuDLFLgbA&feature=related

Strengths: Has quickly become the next great hope of Chinese basketball ... Very quick for a big man ... A legitimate offensive threat. does decent job in both man-to-man post defense and help defense ... Handles and passes the ball well ... Displays a soft touch, has shooting range out to the FIBA three-point line ... Runs the floor well ... Excellent fundamentals ... Displays some guards skills, his dribbling and penetrating is way better than most big men ... His defense from the weak-side is also much better than most Chinese big men which is why his timing is so good and why he has great shot blocking stats ... His listed age is assumed to be true: 1996 and not changed. But there are sure to be doubts about that ...

Weaknesses: His athleticism isn't considered to be among the top prospects but his skill level and feel for the game are very good ... Needs to improve reflexes, not an explosive leaper at this point, not aggressive enough in post offense ... Needs improvement in defense rebound positioning ... Has already started to build muscles, but still needs to put on muscle, but not too much right away ... Needs to improve man-to-man defense and strengthen his footwork and finishing ability and prevent injury ... Still needs experience as his amount of games played is very low ...

Notes: Name is pronounced: "Joe Chee" ... Has become an overnight sensation in China after scoring 41 pts, 28 rebs,15 blks in an U-16 tourney in early February (2011) against Germany, had 26 pts against Bulgaria, 28 pts in a close game against France and 30 pts 17r 8b against Turkey in the finals, helping China win gold and earning MVP of the event ... Zhou Qi began his basketball career playing with the Liaoning Youth Team in the 2005, at that time he was only 5'6" (172cm). In 2009 his height has reached 6'9" (205cm). Zhou is 7'1" (215cm) now, and is expected to grow into 7'2" (217-218cm)。He's signed to a contract through 2013 so going to an American top NCAA schools could be an option, however his coach has stated he feels it is a better option for him to stay and develop in China ...

*He is signed to play with Liaoning Sports Bureau until 2013. Right now he is training and playing for Liaoning Youth (Basketball) Team. After 2013, the Chinese pro teams will compete to get him ...

*Dwight Howard is his favorite NBA player.

*His coach compares him to Wang Zhizhi (first Chinese center drafted - by the Mavs)

*Contributions from hoopCHINA.com

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zhou-qi

d.bball.guy
07-11-2011, 11:40 PM
The next Yi Jianlian: 15 yrs.old Zhou Qi

Awesome. 15? 7'2? :wtf::eek:

Lebron23
07-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Awesome. 15? 7'2? :wtf::eek:

China's Super Soldier Serum. ( HGH)

d.bball.guy
07-11-2011, 11:43 PM
China's Super Soldier Serum. ( HGH)
:lol

rezznor
07-12-2011, 12:08 AM
The next Yao Ming: 15 yrs.old Zhou Qi

that kid looks slow and uncoordinated

All Net
07-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Such a shame for such a talented big man.

ShaqAttack3234
07-12-2011, 05:17 AM
At the very least, he could have given teams an extremely efficient 22/10/2 big man who could lead teams to 50+ wins.

2006-2009 Yao

Regular Season- 21.9 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.9 bpg, 51.9 FG%, 85.8 FT%, 59.9 TS%, 237 games, 145-92 record(equal to a 50+ win winning percentage)

Playoffs- 20.6 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1 bpg, 48.7 FG%, 88.9 FT%, 59 TS%, 16 games

And that's with injuries interrupting his progression. Prime Yao could have been a consistent 25-27 ppg, 9-11 rpg player, imo and I think he would've at least contended for several titles.

All Net
07-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Prime Yao would of dominated the bigs today.

Lebron23
07-12-2011, 05:35 AM
that kid looks slow and uncoordinated

He needs to go to the US if he wants to improve his basketball skills.

rezznor
07-12-2011, 09:52 AM
He needs to go to the US if he wants to improve his basketball skills.
agreed.

symbol33
07-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Glad he's retiring. He hasn't been the same the last few years. Loved watching him and Shaq go at it back in the days.

although i am chinese, i am glad that he retired, so the fuc*** CCTV will not broadcast 30+ games of Houston every season
i had been hated that for 5 years, fuc*** national CCTV, and fu*ck the advertis

Jameerthefear
07-13-2011, 09:19 AM
The ESPN analysts think Yao should be a HOF...
I don't think so imo.

Jameerthefear
07-13-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't think Yao should be a HOF.
Man I suck at editing ^^^^

insidehoops
07-19-2011, 02:50 AM
He will reportedly make his retirement official on Wednesday, July 20

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8026

loststiguziea
08-02-2011, 04:15 AM
very nice - thanks :)

<a href=http://blog.retailchick.com/?p=2234>cheap hotels in israel</a> | <a href=http://www.325x.com/hanahaburaabura/the-world-wide-web-and-the-potential-of-travel-providers/>luxury hotels in israel</a> | <a href=http://articles.webpagesindia.net/travel-leisure/the-world-wide-web-and-the-foreseeable-future-of-travel-providers.html>hotels in israel netanya</a>