PDA

View Full Version : 91-93 NBA Finals Stats of players Prime Jordan guarded

eliteballer
07-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Magic Johnson: 19 ppg, 8 rebs, 12 ast, 1.2 stl

Clyde Drexler: 25 ppg, 8 rebs, 5 ast, 1.3 stl, 1.0 blk

Dan Majerle: 17 ppg, 8 rebs, 4 ast, 1.3 stl, 2.2 blk

:oldlol: So where is this ultimate lockdown defender that Jordan was?

nnn123
07-10-2011, 05:27 AM
How is a defender supposed to control how many rebounds and assists the offensive player is getting? At least post FG% for these players

Timmy D for MVP
http://www.masterlock.com/apps/masterlock_com/images/app_AboutUs/History_1988b_00.jpg

:confusedshrug:

eliteballer
You're supposed to keep people off the boards and obstruct their ability to run the offense.

Rnbizzle
07-10-2011, 06:15 AM
How is a defender supposed to control how many rebounds and assists the offensive player is getting? At least post FG% for these players
:facepalm

DJ Leon Smith
07-10-2011, 07:45 AM
For whoever asked for the shooting percentages.

Magic Johnson, 43% - if you're going to say that it was Pippen who guarded Magic for the majority of the series, then Jordan moves down to Byron Scott who shot 28%.

Clyde Drexler, 41%.

Dan Majerle, 44%.

Having said that, horrible thread.

(Oh and for comparison - 2008 NBA Finals, Ray Allen 20ppg on 51% shooting, up from 17ppg/45% in the regular season. He was guarded by the All-Defensive First Team SG.)

gengiskhan
07-10-2011, 08:22 AM

dumb faak!!

Magic is probably the GOAT if it wasn't for MJ :facepalm

Clyde was equal to prime (2005-2007) Kobe & Top 5 SG ever :facepalm

Magic was Runner-Up MVP to MJ in 1991. :facepalm

Clyde Drexler was Runner-UP MVP to MJ in 1992 :facepalm

Kobe'tards are the dumbest **** ever!!

MJ always faced MVPs or Runner-up MVPs in the finals in magic, drexler, charles,Kemp, malone & malone.

Kobe rarely faced MVP (iverson) in NBA Finals

& still managed to loose 2004 NBA Finals to SG Finals MVP Billups. :roll:

& Pierce butt raping NBA MVP Kobe Bryant in 2008 Finals. :roll:

Horatio33
07-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Jordan defended stars. Kobe defended Michael Pietrus and Rajon "I can't make a fifteen foot jumpshot" Rondo.

Hittin_Shots
07-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Why would you wanna show the quality players that jordan beat as a jordan hater?

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 04:06 AM

I like how this ass-clown doesn't post their efficiency.

Magic's efficiency was down from the regular season. Jordan was also busy turning in perhaps THE best Finals performance of all time, and thoroughly outplaying Magic at both ends (he out-assisted the GOAT PG through the first 4 games - how embarrassing :oldlol:).

Drexler's numbers were WAY down as well - he went from 27.2 ppg/7 ast/49% FG in the playoffs before the Finals to 24.8 ppg/5 ast/41% FG. That's about as good a job as you'll do against a superstar.

Majerle's efficiency was down, and MJ didn't guard him all series anyway (see below). More importantly, Jordan was often vulnerable against guys who stood beyond the arc and launched 3's, because he was always looking to help out on defense. Phil Jackson said that this is why occasionally guys like Miller would have some success against Jordan. Majerle was a bomber from deep. Why not talk about how Jordan BLANKED Kevin Johnson for the ~30% of the series that he was on him (mostly second halves and fourth quarters). KJ couldn't do SH!T when Jordan was on him.

Lastly, Jordan at least guarded LEGIT PLAYERS (Magic/Scott, Drexler/Porter, Majerle/KJ). He wasn't being hidden on non-factors like Tony Allen and Rondo, or playing GIMMICK defense. He wasn't getting outplayed by Paul Pierce head-to-head; instead, he DESTROYED Drexler. That's the difference between Jordan and ersatz Jordan.

Cut the bullsh!t agendas, please. :oldlol:

Hittin_Shots
07-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Dam another Kobe vs Jordan thread :facepalm

We get it, Jordan is not better than Kobe.:D

Sure mate...

Another thread brought up by a kobestan that got totally ridiculed because of stupidity...

No Name
07-11-2011, 04:58 AM
im a kobe fan but even i think/know MJ was better than kobe

kobestans/all stans are retarded

Rnbizzle
07-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Jordan defended stars. Kobe defended Michael Pietrus and Rajon "I can't make a fifteen foot jumpshot" Rondo.
Terrible post aswell.

Horatio33
07-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Terrible post aswell.

Why?

Kobe defended marginal players in most of his finals. Reggie in 00 was the toughest. Iverson was guarded by Lue in 01. 02 Kerry Kittles. 04 Rip Hamilton, good player, not a star. 08 and 10 Rondo. 09 Pietrus. Hall of fame is only calling one guy he guarded.

catch24
07-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Troll thrills, eh?

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Why?

Kobe defended marginal players in most of his finals. Reggie in 00 was the toughest. Iverson was guarded by Lue in 01. 02 Kerry Kittles. 04 Rip Hamilton, good player, not a star. 08 and 10 Rondo. 09 Pietrus. Hall of fame is only calling one guy he guarded.

Your friend in a previous post said Kobe guarded Ray in 08 not Rondo. And Kobe did guard Iverson in 01. It may not have been all the time, as even MJ didn't guard Magic 100% of the time, but he did.

And :oldlol: @ acting like guarding Rondo in '10 is super easy.

Horatio33
07-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Your friend in a previous post said Kobe guarded Ray in 08 not Rondo. And Kobe did guard Iverson in 01. It may not have been all the time, as even MJ didn't guard Magic 100% of the time, but he did.

And :oldlol: @ acting like guarding Rondo in '10 is super easy.

Not saying it's easy but it's hardly guarding Magic or Drexler is it. Someone who can't shoot from over 15 feet, terrible at shooting free throws so at the end of a game he loses his agressiveness.

mrhoopfan
07-11-2011, 11:05 AM

Magic Johnson, 43% - if you're going to say that it was Pippen who guarded Magic for the majority of the series, then Jordan moves down to Byron Scott who shot 28%.

Clyde Drexler, 41%.

Dan Majerle, 44%.

(Oh and for comparison - 2008 NBA Finals, Ray Allen 20ppg on 51% shooting, up from 17ppg/45% in the regular season. He was guarded by the All-Defensive First Team SG.)

+1

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Not saying it's easy but it's hardly guarding Magic or Drexler is it. Someone who can't shoot from over 15 feet, terrible at shooting free throws so at the end of a game he loses his agressiveness.

Oh yes but that can't be helped. Kobe can't choose which team he plays in the finals. I'm just saying we're talking about a guy that in that same year played amazingly against Cleveland and Orlando the previous two rounds being guarded the same way.

nightprowler10
07-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Why would you wanna show the quality players that jordan beat as a jordan hater?
Indeed. :lol

nightprowler10
07-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh yes but that can't be helped. Kobe can't choose which team he plays in the finals. I'm just saying we're talking about a guy that in that same year played amazingly against Cleveland and Orlando the previous two rounds being guarded the same way.
To be honest, that's about as accurate as saying MJ guarded Magic in '91. Phil concocted a brilliant and complicated zone to guard Rondo and take away much of his passing game, that's what contained him, not any inidividual defender. Also, MJ didn't guard/contain Magic. Pip did. MJ even praised Pip's D on Magic as the difference maker in the series.

Both extremely effective PGs were silenced (for the most part anyway) by Phil. :cheers:

Hittin_Shots
07-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Did he play amazing against Orlando, tried lookin for stats but was takin to long so stopped, but I thought the thing that affected Rondo the most in those series was the length both Dwight and Bynum/gasol gave their respective teams in the paint. He looked tentative on going inside and therefore was stuck with his terrible jumpshot instead, maybe it fell more in orland to give him a better statline but im just goin from memory and for me it wasn't Kobe's defence anyone could have defended the same way, but the fact his ability to get deep was taken away...

nightprowler10
07-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Did he play amazing against Orlando, tried lookin for stats but was takin to long so stopped, but I thought the thing that affected Rondo the most in those series was the length both Dwight and Bynum/gasol gave their respective teams in the paint. He looked tentative on going inside and therefore was stuck with his terrible jumpshot instead, maybe it fell more in orland to give him a better statline but im just goin from memory and for me it wasn't Kobe's defence anyone could have defended the same way, but the fact his ability to get deep was taken away...
Again, it wasn't just the bigs parked inside, it was also the incredible zone Phil had set up. It took away his driving as well as prevented Boston from playing an inside-outside game.

Hittin_Shots
07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Again, it wasn't just the bigs parked inside, it was also the incredible zone Phil had set up. It took away his driving as well as prevented Boston from playing an inside-outside game.

Wasn't just but they were a big part of it... Bynum changed his shot everytime i saw him go in there near him, as did dwight in the orlando series.

D.J.
07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Magic doesn't count because MJ only guarded him for 1 game. Drexler struggled to shoot 40% and Majerle only shot 44%.

L8kersfan222
07-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Poor man's tony allen

Da_Realist
07-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Magic doesn't count because MJ only guarded him for 1 game.

MJ guarded Magic for most of Games 1, 3, 4 and 5. Pippen guarded him most of Game 2 and the beginning of Game 3. The Bulls did rotate Jordan, Pippen and Grant onto Magic the last 3 games, but MJ guarded him the overwhelming majority of those games.

Theoo's Daddy
07-11-2011, 01:14 PM
http://www.masterlock.com/apps/masterlock_com/images/app_AboutUs/History_1988b_00.jpg

:confusedshrug:

/thread..

ThaSwagg3r
07-11-2011, 02:02 PM
For the record, Drexler shot 47% against the Bulls. Unless you guys have some type of stat that shows only Jordan guarding Drexler.

He made 48/102 of his shots.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01/gamelog/1992/

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 02:44 PM
For the record, Drexler shot 47% against the Bulls. Unless you guys have some type of stat that shows only Jordan guarding Drexler.

He made 48/102 of his shots.

He was 48/118 for 40.7% (not 47%), from your own link. You must have added wrong.

ThaSwagg3r
07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
He was 48/117 for 40.7% (not 47%), from your own link. You must have added wrong.
My mistake....

Who was the primary defender on Drexler though? Jordan or Pippen?

NugzHeat3
07-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Jordan guarded Magic for most of the series but Magic abused him in the post. Still, you have to give props to MJ's competitiveness for wanting the challenge to guard him but he was just overmatched down low.

They would have been better off having Pippen on Magic but it doesn't really matter since LA was just overmatched.

Drexler was guarded by Jordan most of the time but Pippen spent some time on him too. I can't remember Majerle.

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 02:50 PM
My mistake....

Who was the primary defender on Drexler though? Jordan or Pippen?

Jordan guarded Drexler for ~85% of the series. Pippen was on Drexler when Porter was going off on Paxson/BJ and they moved MJ over to Porter at times to keep him under control (dude was averaging like 23 ppg/53% FG or some such in the playoffs up until the Finals).

DuMa
07-11-2011, 03:12 PM
at least jordan doesnt hide on defense.

Soundwave
07-11-2011, 03:17 PM

Clyde Drexler, 41%.

Dan Majerle, 44%.

/thread backfire

Bravo sir.

ShaqAttack3234
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Why?

Ron Harper guarded Reggie Miller for most of the 2000 finals. Kobe was usually guarding Mark Jackson. Back then it was common for Phil to have Kobe guard point guards. He has occasionally in recent years, but even more in the earlier part of his career.

rodman91
07-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Ron Harper guarded Reggie Miller for most of the 2000 finals. Kobe was usually guarding Mark Jackson. Back then it was common for Phil to have Kobe guard point guards. He has occasionally in recent years, but even more in the earlier part of his career.

In sixers series was he guarding Aaron Mckie or Eric Snow after Phil Jackson decided Lue to guard him second half in first game?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3937/2001lol.jpg

Iverson: 35.6 ppg

NBASTATMAN
07-11-2011, 06:24 PM

Magic's efficiency was down from the regular season. Jordan was also busy turning in perhaps THE best Finals performance of all time, and thoroughly outplaying Magic at both ends (he out-assisted the GOAT PG through the first 4 games - how embarrassing :oldlol:).

Drexler's numbers were WAY down as well - he went from 27.2 ppg/7 ast/49% FG in the playoffs before the Finals to 24.8 ppg/5 ast/41% FG. That's about as good a job as you'll do against a superstar.

Majerle's efficiency was down, and MJ didn't guard him all series anyway (see below). More importantly, Jordan was often vulnerable against guys who stood beyond the arc and launched 3's, because he was always looking to help out on defense. Phil Jackson said that this is why occasionally guys like Miller would have some success against Jordan. Majerle was a bomber from deep. Why not talk about how Jordan BLANKED Kevin Johnson for the ~30% of the series that he was on him (mostly second halves and fourth quarters). KJ couldn't do SH!T when Jordan was on him.

Lastly, Jordan at least guarded LEGIT PLAYERS (Magic/Scott, Drexler/Porter, Majerle/KJ). He wasn't being hidden on non-factors like Tony Allen and Rondo, or playing GIMMICK defense. He wasn't getting outplayed by Paul Pierce head-to-head; instead, he DESTROYED Drexler. That's the difference between Jordan and ersatz Jordan.

ETHER.. ELITEscrub HAS PROVEN once again that Kobe fans are the dumbest.. :lol

ShaqAttack3234
07-11-2011, 06:25 PM
In sixers series was he guarding Aaron Mckie or Eric Snow after Phil Jackson decided Lue to guard him second half in first game?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3937/2001lol.jpg

Iverson: 35.6 ppg

I believe he guarded both players at times and did guard Iverson at times throughout the season, though Fisher also guarded Iverson quite a bit.

What exactly was the point of showing that graphic? The series included 4 more games, and Kobe played well after game 1.

NBASTATMAN
07-11-2011, 06:27 PM
He was 48/118 for 40.7% (not 47%), from your own link. You must have added wrong.

Drexler 40.7 percent is very kobelike.. :roll: :applause:

BoogieWoogieMan
07-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Can we just end the thread after this post, it basically explains it all.

magnax1
07-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Didn't Drexler average like 40% and Magic have about 5 turnovers a game? All I remember was Magic played like shit in the 91 finals, but I think Pippen and Jordan basically split the time guarding him.

Bone Machine
07-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Jason Terry shot like 9/10 from 3s in game 4 against Kobe.

N0Skillz
07-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Love how this was turned into a Kobe vs Jordan thread.

Guess who brought it up?

Gengisshitfacedtroll the jordan dck sucker

and you all followed suit.

pathetic.

Soundwave
07-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Err ... Eliteballer is the OP, and he got his ass handed to him in this thread.

L.Kizzle
07-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I read Drexler was not %100 goin into the playoffs. Take that for what it's worth.

Nevaeh
07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I read Drexler was not %100 goin into the playoffs. Take that for what it's worth.

Not many Players are after an 82 game season :oldlol: Especially if they're stuck guarding Prime MJ in the Finals.

Da_Realist
07-11-2011, 08:38 PM

It wasn't a fluke, judging by what the Dream Team-ers had to say later that summer.

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 08:39 PM

He was fine in the playoffs up until the Finals, averaging 27 pts/7 ast/49% FG (better than his season's averages across the board). Then he ran into the Jordan buzzsaw in the Finals and dropped to 25 pts/5 ast/40.7% FG while MJ put 36 pts/5 reb/6.5 ast/53% FG on his head. :oldlol:

eliteballer
07-11-2011, 08:44 PM

Outplaying Magic on both ends? Magic was slapping him in the post everytime down and the Bulls had to throw a triple team at him regularly, hence the huge assist numbers.

jee...I wonder who it's easier to put up numbers against...an all time defense like the Celtics while your team is outgunned in every department or with homecourt on a 67 win team against the Blazers, or the Suns...the WORST defensive team to play in the Finals in 30 years:oldlol:

NugzHeat3
07-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Outplaying Magic on both ends? Magic was slapping him in the post everytime down and the Bulls had to throw a triple team at him regularly, hence the huge assist numbers.

jee...I wonder who it's easier to put up numbers against...an all time defense like the Celtics while your team is outgunned in every department or with homecourt on a 67 win team against the Blazers, or the Suns...the WORST defensive team to play in the Finals in 30 years:oldlol:
This. Magic owned him down low although Jordan was just overmatched because Magic had a height and weight advantage.

When Jordan got no help on Magic, Magic was able to spin baseline and get to the hole with ease. That's one of the reasons he went to the line so much. Jordan was often forced to gamble on the entry pass since he knew Magic had him beat.

I don't know why people are acting like Drexler was this mythical force so shutting him down was such a big deal. Worthy and Maxwell shut him down in the playoffs too.

At no point was Drexler ever the second best player in the world either despite the media giving him that label that year.

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't know why people are acting like Drexler was this mythical force so shutting him down was such a big deal. Worthy and Maxwell shut him down in the playoffs too.

Not that postseason they didn't. Drexler's averages dropped from 27+ pts/7 ast/49% FG in the first three rounds to 25 pts/5 ast/40.7% FG versus Chicago. 1992 was Drexler's peak (top 2 MVP candidate that year). When did Maxwell even face Drexler in the postseason? Surely you're not talking about 1994 - Drexler was never the same after his injuries in 1993. Also, you can't compare the defense of players who have dominant shotblockers behind them with those that don't - Hakeem averaged 4+ bpg that series. And Maxwell didn't even shut him down - Drexler averaged more ppg that series than he did in the regular season (+1.5 ppg) and on roughly the same FG% (42.5% vs,. 42.8% regular season). So that's an inaccurate statement for those reasons.

In 1991 Drexler averaged 20.5 pts/45.1% FG vs. LA (presumably this is the series you're citing), which was down 1.9 ppg/4% FG as compared to his postseason numbers prior to the LA series. Compare that to his pre/post Chicago numbers, where he dropped down 2.3 ppg/8.2% FG.

lol @ eliteballer acting like Magic was beasting in the post. All anyone has to do is watch the series to realize that Magic was the beneficiary of some of the most ATROCIOUSLY WEAK CALLS in the post ever made. Dude was getting fouls called in the post when there was literally no contact made. Then you wonder why he had some success posting up. :oldlol:

Know how many players have put up legendary series while defending a top 5 player and holding them down defensively? Like 3 that I can recall: MJ versus Drexler, Hakeem versus DRob, and Frazier vs. West in '71 or '72. That's it. So lol @ you people trying to act like this is a trivial thing to do. :oldlol:

Fatal9
07-11-2011, 09:46 PM
lol @ people who think MJ shut Drexler down.

Drexler was forcing terrible shots over everyone no matter who he was guarded by. MJ's defense on him is so overrated. Drexler was flustered by the moment, missing easy looks, taking unnecessary boneheaded shots (MJ probably did get into his head because of what he was doing on the other end) and the thing that hurt his game most was the tempo the Bulls played at (took away fast break points that Drexler always depended on). MJ's defense barely did anything. Half the time it would be someone else guarding him or a switch anyways. Opposing player shooting poorly does not mean he got shut down (and same MJ stans say Jordan wasn't shut down in '96 finals...he was just "missing shots").

lol @ Majerle being shut down...errr, he put up 17 ppg on 59 TS% (way higher than his normal production in the playoffs/season). MJ got lit the phuck up :oldlol:

lol @ Jordan getting owned in the post by Magic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ARHtF4Letw .... "Michael can absolutely not guard Magic in the post"...and the guy analyzing this video is a Bulls fan too. lol @ Bulls putting Pippen on Magic after MJ got abused in the first half.

Nevaeh
07-11-2011, 09:53 PM
lol @ people who think MJ shut Drexler down.

Drexler was forcing terrible shots over everyone no matter who he was guarded by. MJ's defense on him is so overrated. Drexler was flustered by the moment, missing easy looks, taking unnecessary boneheaded shots (MJ probably did get into his head because of what he was doing on the other end) and the thing that hurt his game most was the tempo the Bulls played at (took away fast break points that Drexler always depended on). MJ's defense barely did anything. Half the time it would be someone else guarding him or a switch anyways. Opposing player shooting poorly does not mean he got shut down (and same MJ stans say Jordan wasn't shut down in '96 finals...he was just "missing shots").

lol @ Majerle being shut down...errr, he put up 17 ppg on 59 TS% (way higher than his normal production in the playoffs/season). MJ got lit the phuck up :oldlol:

Didn't Jordan go off for like 41ppg that series? Think you better reread the definition of "Lit Up" in the dictionary.

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 09:53 PM
He was fine in the playoffs up until the Finals, averaging 27 pts/7 ast/49% FG (better than his season's averages across the board). :oldlol:
he was averaging 26 ppg before the finals. why u lying man?

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 09:54 PM

:oldlol:

LJJ
07-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Damn, that guy sounds more and more like Kobe every post.

He only shot 40%, but he was injured. Still played like 40 minutes a game though, it was probably a finger 'injury' or something.

imlmf
07-11-2011, 10:11 PM
you kobe'tards simply take pleasure in getting owned like your idol don't you :facepalm I thought finals performance is the last thing you would mention between kobe and his airness.. the stupidity...

Da_Realist
07-11-2011, 10:12 PM

wow 17 points on 59 TS% :eek:

:rolleyes:

Fatal9
07-11-2011, 10:18 PM
wow 17 points on 59 TS% :eek:

:rolleyes:

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 10:19 PM
mj wouldn't have been as good defensively in this era. his tendency to over-help would have hurt him a lot more with the 3-pt shooting today and obviously the sg position was much stronger.

mj stans-u mad?

Fatal9
07-11-2011, 10:22 PM
mj wouldn't have been as good defensively in this era. his tendency to over-help would have hurt him a lot more with the 3-pt shooting today and obviously the sg position was much stronger.

mj stans-u mad?
they mad son, they mad.

lol @ Reggie dropping multiple 40 point games on him because he never closed out on shooters. MJ would be lost defensively with the way the floor is spaced out now. And as far as offense is concerned? MJ would stand for "Missing Jumpers" in this era.

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 10:23 PM

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 10:32 PM
they mad son, they mad.

lol @ Reggie dropping multiple 40 point games on him because he never closed out on shooters. MJ would be lost defensively with the way the floor is spaced out now. And as far as offense is concerned? MJ would stand for "Missing Jumpers" in this era.

You're ridiculous. You even posted video of one of those 40 point games and I analyzed it and asked you to show me all the buckets he scored on MJ. There were like 2-3 baskets all game with MJ guarding him and the rest were when MJ was helping out on Smits or helping on penetration etc. You never responded and tucked tail and disappeared from the thread.

Threes are fool's gold. You definitely give guys 24-footers over post-ups or penetrations. It's smart basketball. And with zone now, MJ wouldn't have to sag all the way down and commit fully, leaving him better able to contest the shot on the recovery.

Don't be mad because Kobe isn't the defensive player Jordan is. :oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 10:35 PM
he was averaging 26 ppg before the finals. why u lying man?

It was 27 ppg (26.9 ppg to be exact), dickwad.

404 points divided by 15 games.

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 10:40 PM

and still trying to pretend jordan "shut him down" eh?

lol @ u getting mad. :oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 10:42 PM
and still trying to pretend jordan "shut him down" eh?

lol @ u getting mad. :oldlol:

A drop of 2.1 ppg/8.2% FG is as good of a job as you can hope to do against a superstar. It would be as if someone held 2008 playoff Kobe to 28 ppg/38% FG. You wouldn't call that being shut down? I like how you didn't admit you were wrong about Drexler's ppg average up until the Finals when confronted with evidence. :oldlol:

STATUTORY
07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
A drop of 2.1 ppg/8.2% FG is as good of a job as you can hope to do against a superstar. It would be as if someone held 2008 playoff Kobe to 28 ppg/38% FG. You wouldn't call that being shut down? I like how you didn't admit you were wrong about Drexler's ppg average up until the Finals when confronted with evidence. :oldlol:

so MJ stopped 1 out of every 12 shots?!

GOAT defender :rolleyes:

Bring-Your-Js
07-11-2011, 10:45 PM

Depends on his TS% :banana:

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 10:47 PM
too bad jordan had little to do with the drop-off in numbers. maybe you should the series again. anyway, it's kind of sad that drexler was his biggest comp.

guys from the 00's who are more dominant:
iverson
bryant
wade
t-mac
etc

lol @ this clown acting like "holding" freaking drexler to 25 ppg/52% ts was some great feat.

catch24
07-11-2011, 10:49 PM
It was 27 ppg (26.9 ppg to be exact), dickwad.

Shaking my head at some of the blatant trolling/ignorance in this thread man.

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Shaking my head at some of the blatant trolling/ignorance in this thread man.

Me or others?

StarJordan
07-11-2011, 10:55 PM
3-0
hatrick finals mvp

catch24
07-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Me or others?

Nah, the others. Jacks3 seems to be doing this crap daily :oldlol:

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 10:59 PM
nearly 10 FTA for drexler that series. lawl.

dude just had a broke jumper/no-game in the half-court.

dude just hits a average amount of his open jumpers/threes and we'll looking at something like 27 ppg/55% ts.

jordan didn't do shit.

Bernie Nips
07-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Everyone! I like a player who isn't actually as amazing as I think he is! But it's okay, I have this new statistic called TS% and although it rewards my favourite players for taking stoopid ass shots, I will cling to this mawwwfukka like glue because it seems so darn impressive when I list their... TS%!!!!!

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 11:05 PM
lol

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 11:08 PM
because...you know...good defenses/good defenders give up fta at the same rate.

:lol

Nevaeh
07-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Everyone! I like a player who isn't actually as amazing as I think he is! But it's okay, I have this new statistic called TS% and although it rewards my favourite players for taking stoopid ass shots, I will cling to this mawwwfukka like glue because it seems so darn impressive when I list their... TS%!!!!!

Everyone! I like a player who isn't actually as amazing as I think he is! But it's okay, I have this new statistic called TS% and although it rewards my favourite players for taking stoopid ass shots, I will cling to this mawwwfukka like glue because it seems so darn impressive when I list their... TS%!!!!! TS%!!!!! TS%!!!!! TS%!!!!! TS%!!!!! TS%!!!!!

TS%........It's That Important!!!

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 11:13 PM
:banana:

NBASTATMAN
07-11-2011, 11:15 PM
nearly 10 FTA for drexler that series. lawl.

dude just had a broke jumper/no-game in the half-court.

dude just hits a average amount of his open jumpers/threes and we'll looking at something like 27 ppg/55% ts.

jordan didn't do shit.

Kobe like vs the celtics... lol... :roll: RAYTHEGLOVEALLEN shut him down... 40% Career finals shoooter.. LOL

I think Drexler did better than that.. LOL

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Is the 2nd banana gif you've used, in representation of Bryant's role on the Lakers for his first 8 years in the league?

:lol

Da_Realist
07-11-2011, 11:17 PM

:oldlol: :applause:

Fatal9
07-11-2011, 11:17 PM
TS%

http://i26.tinypic.com/34e813a.jpg

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
:roll:

LJJ
07-11-2011, 11:21 PM
TS%

Jordan:
5 MVP, 6 finals MVP

>>>>>>

Bryant:
1 MVP, 2 finals MVP

>>>>>>

Pippen:
0 MVP, 0 Finals MVP

Fatal9
07-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Jordan:
5 MVP, 6 finals MVP

>>>>>>

Bryant:
1 MVP, 2 finals MVP

>>>>>>

Pippen:
0 MVP, 0 Finals MVP

http://files.sharenator.com/okay_meme_RE_ATTENTION_SHARE_NATION_RE_Amazing_thi ngs-s300x272-170761.jpg

catch24
07-11-2011, 11:36 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/okay_meme_RE_ATTENTION_SHARE_NATION_RE_Amazing_thi ngs-s300x272-170761.jpg

:roll:

RazorBaLade
07-11-2011, 11:37 PM

Clyde Drexler, 41%.

Dan Majerle, 44%.

kobe didnt guard ray u tard

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2011, 11:45 PM

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/Strikeninja95/iygo.gif

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 11:46 PM

BEAST Griffin
07-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Kobe morons.

:facepalm

rodman91
07-12-2011, 04:18 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/17/c1a08999-b321-4a40-bbe0-8ec8b73fb0a9.gif

DJ Leon Smith
07-12-2011, 05:54 AM
kobe didnt guard ray u tard

I know, and thank you for finally bringing it up.

So can someone, preferably a Kobe fan, tell me why a team wouldn't put their All-Defensive First Team SG on the other team's SG who is dropping 20ppg on +50% shooting and helping said team to 24-point comebacks on the road and 39-point closeout victories?

I guess shutting down second year PGs with broke jumpers is what's hot in the streets of Kobeville, Stanangeles.

Odinn
07-12-2011, 08:39 AM
TS% just crap.

In regular seasons;

Kobe (TS% 0.556) tried;
17185 2 pointers
4185 3 pointers
8391 free throws
(17185*2)+(4185*3)+8391 = 55316
27868/55316 = 0.504

Duncan (TS% 0.552) tried;
16316 2 pointers
143 3 pointers
7161 free throws
(16316*2)+(143*3)+7161 = 40222
21663/40222 = 0.539

Nowitzki (TS% 0.583) tried;
13568 2 pointers
3145 3 pointers
6476 free throws
(13568*2)+(3145*3)+6476 = 43047
22792/43047 = 0.529

Just crap.:facepalm

tpols
07-12-2011, 08:50 AM
TS% just crap.

In regular seasons;

Kobe (TS% 0.556) tried;
17185 2 pointers
4185 3 pointers
8391 free throws
(17185*2)+(4185*3)+8391 = 55316
27868/55316 = 0.504

Duncan (TS% 0.552) tried;
16316 2 pointers
143 3 pointers
7161 free throws
(16316*2)+(143*3)+7161 = 40222
21663/40222 = 0.539

Nowitzki (TS% 0.583) tried;
13568 2 pointers
3145 3 pointers
6476 free throws
(13568*2)+(3145*3)+6476 = 43047
22792/43047 = 0.529

Just crap.:facepalm
This is not how TS is calculated..

Odinn
07-12-2011, 08:56 AM
This is not how TS is calculated..
I know this is not how it is calculated. TS% just too subjective what I'm trying to say.