PDA

View Full Version : Kobe & LeBron vs Jordan comparisons

bruceblitz
07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I know this message board is struggling during the lockout, (yes you are Jeff). Anyways, here's a thread that will thumb up some of the usual fanboy hyperbole and mythical arguments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkMgbc-23mc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJYoGV38c1Y

Flame war starts now! :facepalm

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-10-2011, 05:31 PM
this one's for you BB:
Kobe > Lebron > MJ

Bladers
07-10-2011, 05:33 PM
What is detailed and factual about a video that is contrasted based on your opinion and preference?

bruceblitz
07-10-2011, 05:34 PM
this one's for you BB:
Kobe > Lebron > MJ

http://www.thelifefiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/kobe.jpg

Fanboys like you aren't even worth arguing with.

bruceblitz
07-10-2011, 05:35 PM
What is detailed and factual about a video that is contrasted based on your opinion and preference?
Nothing but facts in the videos, only 3 total opinions in both combined, nice try though. Last response to fanboys.

LA_Showtime
07-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Who uses their own picture as an avatar? :oldlol:

Rysio
07-10-2011, 05:38 PM
champion vs champion vs quitter

this comparison doesn't make sense.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-10-2011, 05:38 PM
was it Steve Kerr who said that, without Pippin, Jordan would have been nothing more than a glorified Vince Carter?

blablabla
07-10-2011, 05:39 PM
coming from a guy who says mma > boxing
get a job stat nerd

Bladers
07-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Nothing but facts in the videos, only 3 total opinions in both combined, nice try though. Last response to fanboys.

This is the opinion and preference I speak of "Regular Season & playoffs combined games with atleast 15 rebounds" | "Regular Season & playoffs combined games with atleast 12 rebounds"

Those are not facts. Those are preference picked out by you because it supports your agenda.

bruceblitz
07-10-2011, 05:40 PM

Hmmmm, basketball fans post on this website who aren't aware that championships are a team achievement? Go figure. Kobe's consecutive closeout back to back 17 point games against Dallas this year, IN A SWEEP, and his closeout 6-24 shooting performance in the 2010 Finals, plus being outperformed by Shaq in every single championship team from the "first 3" are just true pieces of relevant factual information how much of a "champion" someone is.

:no:

Learn the game.

bruceblitz
07-10-2011, 05:40 PM
get a job stat nerd
When did I ever say that? lol. Post the quote meathead.

LA_Showtime
07-10-2011, 05:41 PM
This is the opinion and preference I speak of "Regular Season & playoffs combined games with atleast 15 rebounds" | "Regular Season & playoffs combined games with atleast 12 rebounds"

Those are not facts. Those are preference picked out by you because it supports your agenda.

Well, technically they're facts, but they obviously fit his agenda.

Kiarip
Hmmmm, basketball fans post on this website who aren't aware that championships are a team achievement? Go figure. Kobe's consecutive closeout back to back 17 point games against Dallas this year, IN A SWEEP, and his closeout 6-24 shooting performance in the 2010 Finals, plus being outperformed by Shaq in every single championship team from the "first 3" are just true pieces of relevant factual information how much of a "champion" someone is.

Learn the game.

He was playing against the Celtics dude. Look at how many bail-out shots he took that game, and look at the TSP% of his team.

We all know you're a huge troll. Please gtfo.

bleedinpurpleTwo
was it Pippen that said Jordan was lucky to have Hodges, Paxson and Kerr to bail him out so often?

bruceblitz

If that makes you sleep better at night, so be it. 14 and 13 rebounds have the same conclusions. Ah you guys on this board are a waste of wrist and finger energy..... bottom of the barrel posters and fans.

blablabla
07-10-2011, 05:42 PM

Learn the game.
http://i28.tinypic.com/6h0p78.jpg
cuz kobe is a
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4937/1299039112141.jpg

bleedinpurpleTwo
Post the quote meathead.

already resorting to name-calling?
:oldlol:

Bladers
If that makes you sleep better at night, so be it. 14 and 13 rebounds have the same conclusions. Ah you guys on this board are a waste of wrist and finger energy..... bottom of the barrel posters and fans.

Another one for example is "Games under % shooting"

What You seem to fail to point out is that Kobe is in his 15 year while Lebron is in his 8th. So the numbers are doubled and Lebron comes out looking all high and mighty but the truth is he is not.

This is how your videos are self-engineered. They are neither facts or truth.

bruceblitz
Kobe!!!!!!!! whoo hoooooooooo! 5 rings!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

Douche bags. I'm done. This website is a waste of time, the smart fans probably don't even post on here, they will just enjoy the facts and move on. Troll central.

bruceblitz
07-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Another one for example is "Games under % shooting"

What You seem to fail to point out is that Kobe is in his 15 year while Lebron is in his 8th. So the numbers are doubled.

This is how your videos are self-engineered. They are neither facts or truth.
lol I post that right at the beginning of the comparison retard. Like I said, I'm not responding to you fools anymore. I'm going out for dinner.

DavisEverLOL
07-10-2011, 05:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8WN5S.gif

Bladers
07-10-2011, 05:45 PM
lol I post that right at the beginning of the comparison retard. Like I said, I'm not responding to you fools anymore. I'm going out for dinner.

Don't you get it? Its neither fact or truth. Because One is in their 8th year and one is in their 15th year so then the numbers are heavily skewed.

Therefore you can't use them.

Secondly your agenda was exposed right out of the get go.
You said "Kobe has played twice the season, so he should have accomplished more..."

blablabla
07-10-2011, 05:46 PM
When did I ever say that? lol. Post the quote meathead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03RzZopToM
1:57 that's your "clothing line" right

bruceblitz
07-10-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03RzZopToM
1:57 that's your "clothing line" right
It's a group clothing line and doesn't mean I feel that way genius. Wow you people are really this dumb? Seriously? Incredible.

bruceblitz
Count your blessings that I'm not a moderator here, I'd ban everyone else in this thread for stupidity. Jeff has his hands full, peace out.

Kiarip

This board on average is way less biased than you are.

We have lebron fans, kobe fans, jordan fans, general basketball fans etc.

You host a "talk show" where you and a few other hand-picked illiterates share your biased, poorly articulated unintelligent opinion and no actual discussion takes place.

You have a listener-base of like 500 like-minded delusional nut-huggers who are angry that their idol is retired.

And you're calling us bottom of the barrel fans? LOL.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-10-2011, 05:48 PM
my 3-yr-old baby boy is already a better baseball player than MJ.

blablabla
07-10-2011, 05:48 PM
It's a group clothing line and doesn't mean I feel that way genius. Wow you people are really this dumb? Seriously? Incredible.
how the fck am i supposed to know what you feel fakkit
it's written on a t-shirt you wear:facepalm

Jimmy2k8
07-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Count your blessings that I'm not a moderator here, I'd ban everyone else in this thread for stupidity. Jeff has his hands full, peace out.

Lol. I thought you were done with this board? Please. Just admit that you're biased against Kobe.

Bladers
07-10-2011, 05:51 PM

Dude do your endeavors fail this much?
Your domain fails, ".webs" WTF?
A regular legit ".com or .org" domain costs only $10 dollars a year. But you can't afford that?

Your web design for both your sites sucks ass. I'm pretty sure you are using a free web hosting instead of a paid one aswell. Your shirts are terribly designed and horribly plain. Who would want them?
I could go on and on. Dude is there anything you are legitly good at?

LA_Showtime
07-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Guys, just ignore Bruce. He's already been exposed as a thirty something year old who spends his life researching basketball and making shitty videos. Just ignore the idiot so he'll leave again.

Samurai Swoosh
07-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Troll central.
How about those clowns, idiots and lap dogs on your "pod casts" ...

You literally have people on there who can't form coherent sentences, that try and debate ... yet curiously they all share the EXACT same opinion as you.

Blitz surrounding himself with CORN ball, yes man.

None more idiotic and stupid than Josef "the entertainer"

You can tell by listening to you guys, none of you have played a game in your life.

Keep trying to sell your cheap, corny t-shirts. I respect the hustle.

But you're a goon who truly doesn't understand the game, yet acts as if he does. It's beyond pathetic.

Stick to talking about wrestling ... basketball isn't your calling, kiddo.

kaiiu
07-10-2011, 05:58 PM

You literally have people on there who can't form coherent sentences, that try and debate ... yet curiously they all share the EXACT same opinion as you.

None more idiotic and stupid than Josef "the entertainer"

You can tell by listening to you guys, none of you have played a game in your life.

Keep trying to sell your cheap, corny t-shirts. I respect the hustle.

But you're a goon who truly doesn't understand the game, yet acts as if he does. It's beyond pathetic.

Stick to talking about wrestling ... basketball isn't your calling, kiddo.
ETHER. :applause:

chazzy
07-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Judging by your wack youtube channel, everyone would be banned because your ego can't handle any criticism

Jimmy2k8
07-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Does anybody else find it strange that bruce just came out of nowhere? Wonder if this is another account of the infamous DMAVS41.:oldlol:

Bladers
07-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Its funny I have listened to his podcasts a few times (during the finals) and some of his goons on there all I could hear when they tried to talk or debate say was "man.... man...man..."

These phaggets can't even talk for shit. :oldlol:

kaiiu
07-10-2011, 06:01 PM
what type of ******* doesnt let u leave a comment unless he approves? :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
07-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Does anybody else find it strange that bruce just came out of nowhere? Wonder if this is another account of the infamous DMAVS41.:oldlol:

I originally thought they were the same person, but their writings styles vary so I doubt it. They both have mental issues, though.

Samurai Swoosh
07-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Its funny I have listened to his podcasts a few times (during the finals) and some of his goons on there all I could hear when they tried to talk or debate say was "man.... man...man..."
That's what I'm getting @ ... has the nerve to call ESPN "hot garbage" ... yet has some retard on there who can't even speak.

Blocks user comments on his youtube page, because he fears the unbiased arguments where he would get spanked.

Dude is a piece of garbage.

And a tool ... who wears sunglasses inside their house to talk on a show about basketball?

Acting like he's some celeb or something.

kaiiu
07-10-2011, 06:10 PM
That's what I'm getting @ ... has the nerve to call ESPN "hot garbage" ... yet has some retard on there who can't even speak.

Blocks user comments on his youtube page, because he fears the unbiased arguments where he would get spanked.

Dude is a piece of garbage.

And a tool ... who wears sunglasses inside their house to talk on a show about basketball?

Acting like he's some celeb or something.

:eek: :bowdown: :applause:

Jimmy2k8
07-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I originally thought they were the same person, but their writings styles vary so I doubt it. They both have mental issues, though.

Both characters have way too much time on their hands. I mean, who spends most of their days just researching into basketball, yet revolves around Michael Jordan?

Somebody mentioned on this site that DMAVS41 racked up a ton of posts within a specific time frame.

G-Funk
07-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Kobe!!!!!!!! whoo hoooooooooo! 5 rings!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

Douche bags. I'm done. This website is a waste of time, the smart fans probably don't even post on here, they will just enjoy the facts and move on. Troll central.

Yet you still take the time to post threads!?!? 30 yr Loser, find something better to do instead of wasting half your life thinking about Kobe. I feel sorry for your kids. I would hate to have a father like u. embarrassing

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-10-2011, 06:26 PM
ANOTHER thread talking about Poor Man's Tony Allen and Poor Man's Terrence Williams?

Please go watch space jam and slobber over PMTA chucking to beat the Monstars

Wade3
07-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Yet you still take the time to post threads!?!? 30 yr Loser, find something better to do instead of wasting half your life thinking about Kobe. I feel sorry for your kids. I would hate to have a father like u. embarrassing

:roll: :roll: :roll:

shouldn't Bruce have more productive things to be doing, his whole life revolves around youtube, podcasts and cheap T-shirts.

You should be focusing on raising a family at your age, saddest man on planet earth

Irish
07-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Not too familiar with this poster, so this is one of DMAVS's brothers?

The-Legend-24
07-10-2011, 06:32 PM

Samurai Swoosh
07-10-2011, 06:34 PM
ANOTHER thread talking about Poor Man's Tony Allen and Poor Man's Terrence Williams?

Please go watch space jam and slobber over PMTA chucking to beat the Monstars
The focus here is the sadness that is bruceblitz ... not that greatness that is MJ.

Another retard.

You should be on bruceblitz's show. You'd fit in nicely.

Simple Jack
07-10-2011, 07:04 PM
:roll: :roll:

Why you guys scaring him away? He's comedic gold. He'll give us something to laugh about during this off-season daily.

The-Legend-24
07-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Hmmm, Kobe vs Jordan thread....I'll say this goes 30 pages maybe 50.

seanlakers
07-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Curt Macki

You suck

bruceblitz
07-10-2011, 08:29 PM
There are really 2 types of sports fans, I guess you can call it a dichotomy of sorts.

Type A: watch a lot of ESPN, worship their favorite player, post on message boards, use hyperbole, and get personally insulted when their "hero" isn't worshiped by everyone universally. These individuals also have no life.

Type B: watch a lot of full games right down to the "bad" teams or fighters in a given sport, despise ESPN, have a favorite player but don't worship him (Mine is Chris Paul), like to use facts when backing up an argument or presenting an argument, and have a life.

See ISH posters, for the most part, you fall into Type A. People who misrepresent the viewers and listeners to my Youtube channel and radio show, well, you fall into type A as well. We've had many debates on the show, co-hosts screaming at each other in disagreements, etc. You are a bunch of fanboy nerds on this website, when I posted on here about 2-3 years ago now I owned all of you repeatedly, but you continue to watch MY VIDEOS and LISTEN TO MY PODCAST, that speaks for itself.

As for the T-shirts, yes, sales have been great, sent shirts all over the world already, Australia, Dubai, Puerto Rico, England, Germany, China, all over the US, etc etc. So hate hate hate what we do on the Youtube channel, hate hate hate what we do on the podcast, hate hate hate the apparel we provide (by the way those are merely the first designs, way more intricate ones are on the way), but one thing your hate wont do is this, it wont stop us, the show goes on, period...

Hurl insults, waste your time, it wont change the fact that for 6 years on the internet I've had one of the largest fanbases from an internet born analyst in internet history for sports analysts. The fact that a large amount of loser ISH posters are jealous over that? Well it makes me laugh. :applause: good job, I'm sure this thread will have top 5 views at the very least on threads from the last couple of days on ISH just because I POSTED IN IT.

:blah

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Pure gold Brucey, pure gold :applause:

Marlo Stanfield
07-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Jordan was better.

The real debate is which of the two has more homotional fans.

Doctor Rivers
07-10-2011, 09:08 PM

:applause:

Heavincent
07-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Hurl insults, waste your time, it wont change the fact that for 6 years on the internet I've had one of the largest fanbases from an internet born analyst in internet history for sports analysts. The fact that a large amount of loser ISH posters are jealous over that? Well it makes me laugh. :applause: good job, I'm sure this thread will have top 5 views at the very least on threads from the last couple of days on ISH just because I POSTED IN IT.

Oh my, what a magnificent achievement.

Heavincent
07-10-2011, 09:16 PM
I get personally insulted when my most hated player (Kobe) is praised by everyone. I also have no life.

This describes you pretty well.

Batz
07-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Go outside.

thejumpa
07-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Bruce killin the competition. Etherrrrr....

IGOTGAME
07-10-2011, 10:50 PM

you are not brightest guy around tbh.

get a career.

Marlo Stanfield
07-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I like Blitz, everytime I feel depressed or feel my life is meaningless, I just look at what he does and feel better about myself.

:roll: at being 40 years old and still idolizing athletes like you are 10.

AlphaWolf24
07-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Boxing is one aspect of fighting....throwing punches with pillows wrapped around your hands..

a top shelf Boxer would lose 9 outta 10 times to a below average Sub Grappler with 1 - 2 years of training (piss belt or below)..in a "real hand to hand combat" fight.....in fact Boxing alone is far down the line in useful martial arts

so yes MMA>Boxing....Boxing is def Dying and all the top Boxers will train MMA in the near future.....good bye pillow fists....you wasted your life on one aspect of fighting...a silly agreement to only use your hands.

Kobe vs MJ ....your Biased agenda and wall's of flawed stats still cannot hide the fact that Kobe Bryant is the best player of his generation and has a skillset that is 2nd to NO ONE.....NO ONE

voted as the best player of the 2000's......he is a similar player in a similar role to Jordan.....I know it hurts to see a player so similar to MJ so soon...but deal wit it.

you claim to be a "Basketball elitist fan"...and you are.....

the only problem with thinking you are "elite"...is....you hold yourself and your view to be better then the majority..

you in fact are the minority...unoriginal and silly.....and will fade ...much like Boxing..and MJ's jumper..

next

The Macho Man
07-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Is this guy the GOAT troll or just the sh*ttiest dude imaginable?

sh0wtime
07-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Stay around BB, dont mind the hostility, immaturity, delusionism & trolling around here, they do that because they know its impossible to straightup retaliate against facts & basketball knowledge. They want to believe what they want to believe and you are kindof messing that up. :)

AlphaWolf24
07-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Stay around BB, dont mind the hostility, immaturity, delusionism & trolling around here, they do that because they know its impossible to straightup retaliate against facts & basketball knowledge. They want to believe what they want to believe and you are kindof messing that up. :)

NO we laughing at the man for getting mad at Kobe....

for real...that sh!t is 2EZ.....Kobe wins expect a "detailed and factual" ramble....Kobe got him in his pocket:lol

Simple Jack
07-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Boxing is one aspect of fighting....throwing punches with pillows wrapped around your hands..

a top shelf Boxer would lose 9 outta 10 times to a below average Sub Grappler with 1 - 2 years of training (piss belt or below)..in a "real hand to hand combat" fight.....in fact Boxing alone is far down the line in useful martial arts

so yes MMA>Boxing....Boxing is def Dying and all the top Boxers will train MMA in the near future.....good bye pillow fists....you wasted your life on one aspect of fighting...a silly agreement to only use your hands.

Kobe vs MJ ....your Biased agenda and wall's of flawed stats still cannot hide the fact that Kobe Bryant is the best player of his generation and has a skillset that is 2nd to NO ONE.....NO ONE

voted as the best player of the 2000's......he is a similar player in a similar role to Jordan.....I know it hurts to see a player so similar to MJ so soon...but deal wit it.

you claim to be a "Basketball elitist fan"...and you are.....

the only problem with thinking you are "elite"...is....you hold yourself and your view to be better then the majority..

you in fact are the minority...unoriginal and silly.....and will fade ...much like Boxing..and MJ's jumper..

next

It's one thing to like MMA, it's another to be a douche and hate on boxing. It's a different sport and boxers are INCREDIBLY good at their craft. A boxer suggesting he would win a real fight vs an MMA fighter is stupid for the most part, but that doesn't make the whole sport stupid. Those guys are incredibly good at what they do and have produced some of the greatest athletes of all-time.

AlphaWolf24
07-10-2011, 11:34 PM
It's one thing to like MMA, it's another to be a douche and hate on boxing. It's a different sport and boxers are INCREDIBLY good at their craft. A boxer suggesting he would win a real fight vs an MMA fighter is stupid for the most part, but that doesn't make the whole sport stupid. Those guys are incredibly good at what they do and have produced some of the greatest athletes of all-time.

I never said it was stupid....what's stupid is boxing fans saying that a Pro Boxer is a better overall fighter then someone who trains in all aspects of hand to hand combat..

Grappling has been proven over and over to be a more valuable skillset in Hand to hand combat then just throwing punches....

a pure Boxer will get his ish pushed in 99% of the time vs a well rounded fighter...stats and facts prove it.

LA_Showtime
07-10-2011, 11:34 PM

... You clearly don't know who Bruce is, because he is the most immature, delusional troll this place has ever seen. Look at his posts in this thread, he's mentioned how pathetic this place is and yet he's posted his goodbye's 5 or 6 times. The dude is just flat out crazy.

I don't know why people feel like they need to hate on his t-shirt business, though. Yes, his designs are probably terrible, but you can't fault someone for trying to make dough.

Simple Jack
07-11-2011, 12:02 AM
I never said it was stupid....what's stupid is boxing fans saying that a Pro Boxer is a better overall fighter then someone who trains in all aspects of hand to hand combat..

Grappling has been proven over and over to be a more valuable skillset in Hand to hand combat then just throwing punches....

a pure Boxer will get his ish pushed in 99% of the time vs a well rounded fighter...stats and facts prove it.

Of course that's stupid. Your post came across as very condescending towards the sport of Boxing. It's a different sport and should be viewed as such.

I trained BJJ/Boxing/Muay Thai for 3 years and I've been following MMA since early 2000. Is there an MMA section here? I used to post on an MMA forum a LONG time ago but got banned. :lol

Simple Jack
07-11-2011, 12:03 AM
... You clearly don't know who Bruce is, because he is the most immature, delusional troll this place has ever seen. Look at his posts in this thread, he's mentioned how pathetic this place is and yet he's posted his goodbye's 5 or 6 times. The dude is just flat out crazy.

I don't know why people feel like they need to hate on his t-shirt business, though. Yes, his designs are probably terrible, but you can't fault someone for trying to make dough.

Bruce has some knowledge about the sport but you're right; he's out of his mind. The best part is how he keeps repeating how "objective" he is in the midst of spewing some biased BS. We should start pranking the radio show. :banana: :banana:

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-11-2011, 12:22 AM

Im ashamed that you are a fellow Laker fan.

G-Funk
07-11-2011, 12:59 AM
HE'S NOT, HE'S A LEBRON STANLEY, HE EVEN THINKS LEBRON IS MORE CREATIVE THAN MAGIC WHEN IT COMES TO PASSING

Sawbucks23
07-11-2011, 01:15 AM
There are really 2 types of sports fans, I guess you can call it a dichotomy of sorts.

Type A: watch a lot of ESPN, worship their favorite player, post on message boards, use hyperbole, and get personally insulted when their "hero" isn't worshiped by everyone universally. These individuals also have no life.

Type B: watch a lot of full games right down to the "bad" teams or fighters in a given sport, despise ESPN, have a favorite player but don't worship him (Mine is Chris Paul), like to use facts when backing up an argument or presenting an argument, and have a life.

Type B: who watches a lot of full games right down to the bad teams or fighters can have a life? :wtf: MMA > Boxing in terms of defending oneself or fighting in general. If you had a choice between learning how to be a great puncher or a well rounded fighter then the wise choice is to be a well rounded fighter. Not saying boxing is bad, just saying that boxing is too limited.

AlphaWolf24
07-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Of course that's stupid. Your post came across as very condescending towards the sport of Boxing. It's a different sport and should be viewed as such.

I trained BJJ/Boxing/Muay Thai for 3 years and I've been following MMA since early 2000. Is there an MMA section here? I used to post on an MMA forum a LONG time ago but got banned. :lol

I was just pointing out the flaws in Boxing and how the "sport" of Boxing is being swallowed up by a much better allaround combat sport "MMA"...

Boxing seems so pointless/Boring to me now since Living in Japan and Training in Judo and Japanese traditional Jiu Jitsu as a main discipline since 1994....so many flaws and so much missing as a combat sport alone in Boxing.

well I'm glad you train and follow MMA...maybe I will check out the MMA section here..I usely post on the UG and sometimes on Sherdog....:cheers:

LA_Showtime
07-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Bruce has some knowledge about the sport but you're right; he's out of his mind. The best part is how he keeps repeating how "objective" he is in the midst of spewing some biased BS. We should start pranking the radio show. :banana: :banana:

I agree. Or we could start a Bruce Blitz twitter account and make suggestions. :oldlol:

The Iron Fist
07-11-2011, 02:58 AM

A boxer masters their element, someone who trains in all aspects, masters none, and if there is someone who has mastered all aspects, they are very rare.

There is no true gauge as to what would happen in a street fight between a boxer and MMA guy. A real street fight is completely unpredictable with so many variables to consider.

You're 99% stat is so ridiculous its not even funny. Its just ridiculous.

btw, people have been saying since the 50s, "Boxing is dying". World wide, its never been bigger.

I don't get why people even try comparing the two. Yes, both are combat sports, but both are completely different. Its like comparing soccer to basketball. The object of each game is to put the ball into the opposing teams goal. But thats where the similarities end. With boxing and MMA, the object is to knockout or score more points than your opponent. But thats where the similarities end. I enjoy both sports and don't see why people need to slam one over the other.

You can talk about flaws of boxing or whatever suits you, but it doesn't change the fact that its still a highly watched sport around the world.

OldSchoolBBall
07-11-2011, 03:33 AM
was it Pippen that said Jordan was lucky to have Hodges, Paxson and Kerr to bail him out so often?

Jordan bailed out the Bulls WAY more than any other superstar (Kobe, Lebron etc.) has had to bail out their teams. Kobe, in fact, has been bailed out by teammates FAR more than MJ ever was. Fact.

winwin
07-11-2011, 03:36 AM
6 years on the internet I've had one of the largest fanbases from an internet born analyst in internet history for sports analysts. The fact that a large amount of loser ISH posters are jealous over that?

Yet you still take the time to come to ISH when everyone ignored you.

so when no one watching your vids (200 or 300 vews top) you come here looking for attention?

you're 40 by now?
spend time with kids, watch your health and try to lose weight

Batz
07-11-2011, 03:57 AM

Yet you still take the time to come to ISH when everyone ignored you.

so when no one watching your vids (200 or 300 vews top) you come here looking for attention?

you're 40 by now?
spend time with kids, watch your health and try to lose weight
And maybe pickup a sport... like basketball... :oldlol:

nbacardDOTnet
07-11-2011, 05:11 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/S04E06MichaelJordan-MJ-KobeBryant-KB-queenlebronjames-lbj.gif

Doranku
07-11-2011, 06:50 AM
It's humorous that Bruce is calling out others for being "bottom of the barrel" when he resorts to purchasing and wearing fake wedding rings during his videos.

Doesn't get much more rock bottom than that. :oldlol:

Sawbucks23
07-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Gotta love Bruce Blitz! Some of the greatest comedy you'll ever see on Youtube, ISH, or any other website. The guy wears a suit at times like an ESPN reporter (you know, the people who he despise) when making his videos while trying to break down sports. The fashion show where Josef the Entertainer and Ross (the token black guy) were drooling over Bruce while he was modeling his t-shirts. The over dramatic fake retirement from Youtube where his fans were crying and begging him to not retire. The over dramatic decision to come back to Youtube after one whole week of retirement. The same videos year after year of why Jordan is better than Kobe and/or Lebron. The blocking of people on his channel so you can read all these comments that agree with each other. The podcast where everyone agrees with each other for like an hour on different sport topics. The Bruce Blitz clothing line where you can own these wonderful shirts like 23 > 24. You cannot find this type of comedy anywhere else! Long live Bruce! Long live Bruce! :cheers: :oldlol:

trooper
07-11-2011, 09:35 AM

Type A: worship their favorite player, post on message boards, use hyperbole, and get personally insulted when their "hero" isn't worshiped by everyone universally. These individuals also have no life.

So basically you? I mean you're the fa99ot worshipping Jordan/LeBrick, post YouTube videos which no-one watches, and get personally insulted. And please don't talk about lives. You ask for online donations because you probably don't make a heck of a lot money posting videos as your career.

That's ironic you talk US being jealous of YOU and that's why you're getting shitted on. Well, you bashing ESPN isn't hurting the fact that they're probably the highest grossing programming network in the world. Nor do you they even care that you hate them. It's probably you whose jealous of them.

I really love how you think you're the sh** here, despite being an overweight 40 year old male whose job is posting basketball videos on YouTube, selling crappy shirts and asking for donations. GTFO

MontaEllis24
07-11-2011, 10:11 AM
TBH I was a Kobe fan but after his performance this season I had a change of heart, Still Lebron should not be in any comparisons with Jordan aside from the difference in position Lebron's lack of hunger to win disqualifies him from any comparisons with MJ.
It should be MJ >>> Kobe> Wade
some may argue that wade surpassed Kobe but I do believe that prime Kobe is no doubt better than Wade, Wade has a slight advantage in athleticism over Prime Kobe but Prime Kobe has an overwhelming advantage in range as well as technique over Wade.
they both show extreme hunger to win that is the quality that gets players closer to MJ and seperates them from Lebron.

DeronMillsap
07-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Who uses their own picture as an avatar? :oldlol:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/member.php?u=170

sh0wtime
07-11-2011, 10:42 AM

I am not, even though i enjoy watching the Lakers (and any team else) loved the showtime Lakers in the 80's, thats the only time i considered myself a fanboy.

I mean, I dont root for a specific team or a specific player, hence why i have the freedom of just enjoying basketball first and foremost without any biasness, i like Kobe just as much i like Lebron and those are not the only players i enjoy watching, hence why i dont feel either the need to hate another player just because i like another player, just to hate another player in honor of my favorite player, im free from all of that homerism. How about you?

And why should you be ashamed even if i was a Laker fan anyways? Because i dont insult BruceBlitz like you do? Because i dont insult Lebron like you do? Come on.... the only one who should be ashamed is me being ashamed of you if i was a Laker fan today, the way most of you act around here is just sad, but i am a Kobe fan so i do feel ashamed about alot of posters in here anyways.

LeFraud James
07-11-2011, 10:57 AM
get a job stat nerd

MMA >>>>> Boxing

nightprowler10
07-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Not getting into a mudslinging contest (even though I have the time, sitting in jury duty etc.) but the one stats that really jumped out at me was the blocks comparison. Not that MJ had so many seasons with 100+ blocks, but that LeBron has none. Seriously, I had fact check that one. I'm very surprised.

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Jordan bailed out the Bulls WAY more than any other superstar (Kobe, Lebron etc.) has had to bail out their teams.
:roll:

winwin
07-11-2011, 12:55 PM
So basically you? I mean you're the fa99ot worshipping Jordan/LeBrick, post YouTube videos which no-one watches, and get personally insulted. And please don't talk about lives. You ask for online donations because you probably don't make a heck of a lot money posting videos as your career.

That's ironic you talk US being jealous of YOU and that's why you're getting shitted on. Well, you bashing ESPN isn't hurting the fact that they're probably the highest grossing programming network in the world. Nor do you they even care that you hate them. It's probably you whose jealous of them.

I really love how you think you're the sh** here, despite being an overweight 40 year old male whose job is posting basketball videos on YouTube, selling crappy shirts and asking for donations. GTFO
:applause: :applause:

gengiskhan
07-11-2011, 01:02 PM

keep laughing dumb ar$e

1998 finals. Jazz were favorite to beat Bulls.

To top this off. Pippen injures his back & was never fully fit for the whole finals.

Despite starting 0-1, How MJ bailed Bulls out is stuff of legends & history books.

Your gay boy Kobe will at be a modern day Drexler, He aint MJ & will never be.

You still laughing?????????????

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 01:06 PM

Your gay boy Kobe will at be a modern day Drexler,

Simple Jack
07-11-2011, 01:10 PM

He's absolutely right...

Jacks3
07-11-2011, 01:14 PM
He's absolutely right...
Kobe is far better than Drexler. Not sure if serious...

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-11-2011, 01:52 PM
keep laughing dumb ar$e

To top this off. Pippen injures his back & was never fully fit for the whole finals.

Despite starting 0-1, How MJ bailed Bulls out is stuff of legends & history books.

:facepalm
You see...its nonsensical posts like this which inspires Kobe fans come out in force and act like "fanboys" or "stans" or whatever you call them.

Everyone knows that Kobe is already universally deemed to be the 2nd greatest SG of all time. His greatness is already caste in stone. There is no doubting this. He doesn't NEED to be MJ. He never CLAIMED to be MJ. He simply wants to be among the greatest of all time. And he already is...whether you like it or not.

LeFraud James
07-11-2011, 01:57 PM
:facepalm
You see...its nonsensical posts like this which inspires Kobe fans come out in force and act like "fanboys" or "stans" or whatever you call them.

Everyone knows that Kobe is already universally deemed to be the 2nd greatest SG of all time. His greatness is already caste in stone. There is no doubting this. He doesn't NEED to be MJ. He never CLAIMED to be MJ. He simply wants to be among the greatest of all time. And he already is...whether you like it or not.

There will never be another MJ, similar to how there will never be another Kobe.

They are 2 different players with 2 completely different sets of legacies, and the sooner people start realizing this, the sooner they can enjoy the game of basketball.

/thread

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-11-2011, 02:04 PM
There will never be another MJ, similar to how there will never be another Kobe.

They are 2 different players with 2 completely different sets of legacies, and the sooner people start realizing this, the sooner they can enjoy the game of basketball.

/thread

Exactly.
Just like there won't be another Oscar...Bird...or Magic...or Kareem...etc etc.
They are each unique in their own attributes, in their own time.
Sure, you can make comparisons, but you have to give each of them their due props.

Samurai Swoosh
07-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Blitzy,

How about you do something actually entertaining with your videos / podcasts / whatever ...

Since we both live in Chicago. And you've already posted videos of you playing on some court in your little LeBron James jersey against some shmuck.

Why don't you broadcast me killing you on the court for everyone to see?

Bring your little jersey, and even smaller game down to a court, and we'll play for money and in front of the cameras.

That would be really entertaining.

Kiarip
07-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Blitzy,

How about you do something actually entertaining with your videos / podcasts / whatever ...

Since we both live in Chicago. And you've already posted videos of you playing on some court in your little LeBron James jersey against some shmuck.

Bring your little jersey, and even smaller game down to a court, and we'll play for money and in front of the cameras.

I would watch!

I think for all the trashtalk we have here ISH needs its own 1 on 1 basketball betting scene.

IGOTGAME
07-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Blitzy,

Better watch out. Bruce turned down many D1 offers to play bball. Don't forget about that. :roll:

IGOTGAME
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
What?

Where did you hear this?

in a thread before he stopped posting on this site.

Samurai Swoosh
07-11-2011, 03:20 PM
in a thread before he stopped posting on this site.
I will eat this dude for breakfast to wash down a bowl of Peanut Butter Cap-n-Crunch

rodman91
07-11-2011, 03:36 PM
For the first time Kobe,Lebron & Jordan fans united as one against Blitz...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NPCPAOQm1PE/TQ3fNPkU8mI/AAAAAAAANx4/JbGQltZqgsY/s1600/v-for-vendetta-20060221085724795.jpg

Bring-Your-Js
07-11-2011, 10:28 PM
keep laughing dumb ar$e1998 finals. Jazz were favorite to beat Bulls.

^^^^^ Dude's lost it.

Simple Jack
07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Kobe is far better than Drexler. Not sure if serious...

Referring to Jordan bailing out the Bulls more than Kobe has the Lakers (and on bigger stages).

I didn't even see the drexler comment when I made my post. Clearly Kobe >>>> Drexler.

Simple Jack
07-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I will eat this dude for breakfast to wash down a bowl of Peanut Butter Cap-n-Crunch

He said he played college ball if I'm not mistaken. Dude is living in a fantasy world. I'd pay to see this game go down. Make it happen.

Samurai Swoosh
07-11-2011, 11:21 PM
He said he played college ball if I'm not mistaken. Dude is living in a fantasy world. I'd pay to see this game go down. Make it happen.
Please encourage it ...

I want to embarass him, so bad.

I asked him on his youtube profile when he posted a video of him playing

And he like blocked me or something.

Dude is a major [()]

I will represent ISH well, my friends.

Heavincent
07-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Please encourage it ...

Dude is a major [()]

I love you.

PistonsFan#21
07-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Please encourage it ...

Dude is a major [()]

how tall are you and how much you weigh?

Samurai Swoosh
07-11-2011, 11:40 PM
how tall are you and how much you weigh?
5'11 172 lbs

PistonsFan#21
07-11-2011, 11:43 PM
5'11 172 lbs

im 5'8'' 162lbs that would be a good matchup :pimp:

Samurai Swoosh
07-11-2011, 11:51 PM
im 5'8'' 162lbs that would be a good matchup :pimp:
Let's do it.

:pimp:

tikay0
07-12-2011, 12:15 AM
samurai swoosh, i too am from chicago. And like you, i am also embarrassed of the fact that bruce blitz is from the same city as us. I first noticed him when he had a video of the heat vs bulls breakdown on youtube. I liked and thought it was pretty insightful. Then i noticed it was like 3 plays, and ive seen a lot better game breakdown tapes online. Then i started listening to his podcast during this years playoffs, because i wanted to hear his take on the bulls and etc. I actually called in a few times, but it wasnt anything memorable. I kept listening to a few more shows, and then it dawned on me. This guy is straight up bias as hell. Im no kobe homer, but DAMN, he shits on him eery chance he gets! At first i was like "yeah get em bruce!" (like his yes men sheep), but then i realized he brought up kobe every fuggin episode. He either loves or hates lebron, and claims he'e not biased, but after one game deems lebron the biggest ***** on this planet, and even said it was a conspiracy :facepalm. The callers are half way retarded, they bring absolute no emotion or proper english to the show. He tries to use gimmicks on his show instead of actually talking about topics. When he does talk about sports, its always bashing, or its a listen to me, im the smartest. I listen to other podcasts about nba or the bulls, and let me tell you, they actually have knowledge of the nba, and dont blabber on like idiots. And my god josef is the biggest lebron homer there is. You can literally hear the dissapointment in his voice when the heat lose. Even against the bulls, and he's from chicago!!! That podcast is a complete joke. Period.

tikay0
07-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Bruce Blitz this is coming from a former caller from the chi. Your show is a complete joke. I cant even believe that guy from australia funded your crappy show. After not listening to your show for a while and moving onto other podcast, WOW, ive seen the light. To have a show that isnt awkward, very poorly produced, not having to listen to inarticulate drop outs call in, is going to keep my brain cells in tact. I remember one time you guys had a topic on the lock out, the day the nba was locked out, and you barely knew the details, and moved onto the next topic as soon as someone knowledgable called in and pretty much owned your biased ass. Then i listened to another podcast and i learned more in a minute than i can ever learn from listening to your joke of a podcast.

tikay0
07-12-2011, 12:22 AM
im sorry i had to vent that. This is the best medium i could think of to vent my frustrations of that biased ass show. I hope your reading this bruce. You are by far the biggest stat nerd EVER.

Heavincent
07-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Bruce Blitz top 20 list:

#17: Kobe

#19: Lebron

Give me a break. This guy is a joke. Extremely biased.

Samurai Swoosh
07-12-2011, 12:53 AM
samurai swoosh, i too am from chicago. And like you, i am also embarrassed of the fact that bruce blitz is from the same city as us...
The worst part ...

:(

Simple Jack
07-12-2011, 01:23 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: @ tikayo's posts. Dude sounds like he left a cult.

Marlo Stanfield
07-12-2011, 01:27 AM
:oldlol: at Blitz. Saying people are jealous of him because of how many youtube fans he has. This dude is hilarious.

The-Legend-24
07-12-2011, 02:27 AM
keep laughing dumb ar$e

:roll: :roll: :roll: Yo calm the **** down, holy shit. Stuff of LEGENDS :roll: :roll: :roll: Im dying of laughter from the bolded parts, Talk about riding his Jock.

RazorBaLade
07-12-2011, 03:21 AM
i swear some of these ppl read jordan playbyplays instead of hercules and shit for their kids before bed. calm down

AlphaWolf24
07-12-2011, 05:11 AM
A boxer masters their element, someone who trains in all aspects, masters none, and if there is someone who has mastered all aspects, they are very rare.

There is no true gauge as to what would happen in a street fight between a boxer and MMA guy. A real street fight is completely unpredictable with so many variables to consider.

You're 99% stat is so ridiculous its not even funny. Its just ridiculous.

btw, people have been saying since the 50s, "Boxing is dying". World wide, its never been bigger.

I don't get why people even try comparing the two. Yes, both are combat sports, but both are completely different. Its like comparing soccer to basketball. The object of each game is to put the ball into the opposing teams goal. But thats where the similarities end. With boxing and MMA, the object is to knockout or score more points than your opponent. But thats where the similarities end. I enjoy both sports and don't see why people need to slam one over the other.

You can talk about flaws of boxing or whatever suits you, but it doesn't change the fact that its still a highly watched sport around the world.

what?....many modern day Mixed martial artist train "MMA" fulltime and have Like you said "mastered" hand to hand combat using a variety of fighting styles...

and it's much better to be well rounded then only train 1 single discipline.....much like basketball......the more you work on your overall skillset the better you will be....why only master going right when you can use both hands and be harder to stop...

Boxing has been around in the U.S.A. and has been established longer...but MMA is the #1 combat sport and still growing....Boxing will still be around..but only as a 2nd tier sport.

tikay0
07-12-2011, 12:26 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: @ tikayo's posts. Dude sounds like he left a cult.

You would be surprised. Listening to that show, you feel like its a cult full of retards. Some of the callers are unbearable to listen to. Typical blitz caller: "um yeah, bruce I totally agree with you, um um duh duh dur dee dee dee." I swear his podcast consists of highschool dropouts. And my god josef is the angriest negative lebron homer ever.

Simple Jack
07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
what?....many modern day Mixed martial artist train "MMA" fulltime and have Like you said "mastered" hand to hand combat using a variety of fighting styles...

and it's much better to be well rounded then only train 1 single discipline.....much like basketball......the more you work on your overall skillset the better you will be....why only master going right when you can use both hands and be harder to stop...

Boxing has been around in the U.S.A. and has been established longer...but MMA is the #1 combat sport and still growing....Boxing will still be around..but only as a 2nd tier sport.

The thing is; a big boxing fight will always trump an MMA event. If Floyd should fight Pac, that would be exponentially bigger than any foreseeable MMA event in the future.

Also, I'm not so sure that MMA fighters mastered a craft. It's still a young sport and a lot of improvements have been made over the last 10 or so years. It's just not really possible. Training with ONLY your hands for 20+years vs training your hands, ground game, wrestling, different forms of standup, etc... It's tough, but I certainly agree. Being good in a lot of things is better than being great at one thing.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-12-2011, 02:02 PM
What? This dude has joined in 2009 and I have never seen him post until today.

Jeff hired Bruce to post anti-Kobe agendas here during the lockout in order to generate for traffic.

Don't you think brah?

Trolls are actually a useful assets at times.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Oh and btw, I don't open links from trolls.

tikay0
07-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Oh and btw, I don't open links from trolls.

I find it funny that he thinks of himself as a respected bball analyst when hes the biggrst hater troll ever.

Jordan23GOAT
07-12-2011, 07:51 PM
It would be way too easy to facepalm this thread. So i'm just gonna laugh at it. :lol :lol :lol

AlphaWolf24
07-12-2011, 10:12 PM
The thing is; a big boxing fight will always trump an MMA event. If Floyd should fight Pac, that would be exponentially bigger than any foreseeable MMA event in the future.

Also, I'm not so sure that MMA fighters mastered a craft. It's still a young sport and a lot of improvements have been made over the last 10 or so years. It's just not really possible. Training with ONLY your hands for 20+years vs training your hands, ground game, wrestling, different forms of standup, etc... It's tough, but I certainly agree. Being good in a lot of things is better than being great at one thing.

you named 1 fight that could outsell a UFC event...1 fight..

how many PPV's does the UFC put on?...they had 2 Big PPV's last month.....

Many pro Fighters are elite level at certain discipline's (olympic wrestlers, BJJ world Champions , Sambo Gold medalists Karate world Champions etc.) ....But like I said..It's changing , many Fighters are starting younger and training all aspects and becoming great "all around fighters"..instead of just bieng great at one aspect....

training all areas to become a "master" at fighting(MMA) instead of just training/mastering 1 aspect and trying to fill in weakness's...

James Toney got mopped up by over the Hill Randy.....

Ray Mercer got KO'd by a head Kick from Remy Bonjaski . Choked out by Kimbo and Finally won by beating Tim Silvia:lol

Boxing is fading fast..

eliteballer
07-12-2011, 11:02 PM
i swear some of these ppl read jordan playbyplays instead of hercules and shit for their kids before bed. calm down

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

:lol :lol

Samurai Swoosh
07-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Don't whine and cry about it. Don't be salty, either.

It's the result of becoming a legend of the game.

Said players deserve their "mythic" like reputations. Makes being a fan of the game, fun.

The flaws are overlooked, and rightfully so as people remember with fondness a legend at the absolute height of their powers.

It will happen with other players too: Shaq, Kobe, etc.

The Iron Fist
07-13-2011, 01:04 AM

Just because one is using a variety of different styles means they have mastered hand to hand combat. Thats entirely false. Whether its better to be well rounded and a master of nothing or a master of 1 is completely unknown. Its a matter of preference to the individual.

Boxing has been around the world, not just the states. Boxing is the number 1 combat sport, has been and will be for quite a long time. lol 2nd tier sport eh?

I guess having a weekly show on a nationwide sports network, ESPN, makes it second tier. I guess having dates on HBO and Showtime year round make it a second tier sport.

Boxing supposedly has been dying since the 50s.

Its never going anywhere.

Many pro Fighters are elite level at certain discipline's (olympic wrestlers, BJJ world Champions , Sambo Gold medalists Karate world Champions etc.) ....But like I said..It's changing , many Fighters are starting younger and training all aspects and becoming great "all around fighters"..instead of just bieng great at one aspect....

training all areas to become a "master" at fighting(MMA) instead of just training/mastering 1 aspect and trying to fill in weakness's...

Ray Mercer got KO'd by a head Kick from Remy Bonjaski . Choked out by Kimbo and Finally won by beating Tim Silvia

Boxing is fading fast..

If boxing is fading fast, why does Manny Pacquiao have million selling PPVS for 4 years straight now?

:roll: Ray Mercer was how old at that time? 44. Are you really going to gloat about beating a guy who was 44 years old and a novice at kickboxing?

Why didn't you mention the time he knocked out former UFC champ Tim Sylvia in less than 15 seconds? Upon further review, Mercer was 48 at the time. Forty eight! And he whooped a UFC HW champs ass in 9 seconds.

Now you go on to say Randy was over the hill. Was James Toney in his prime at the age of 41?

Cmon guy, if you're going to bring up MMA guys who beat up on boxers in the octagon, lets not leave out all of the facts.

LALakerFan4Life
07-13-2011, 01:05 AM
this one's for you BB:
Kobe > Lebron > MJ
Mike > Kobe > LeBron

Micku
07-13-2011, 01:16 AM
(tossing my 2 cents in a crazy thread)

With Jordan vs Kobe:

Jordan and Kobe play very similar. In a nutshell, Jordan is the better version of Kobe without the 3s and range. In a slightly more detail version: Jordan took better shots, more athletic, better passer, better mid-range shooter, more consistent, and is a better finisher around the basket.

But there are things that Kobe does that are better than Jordan. Obviously range ball, ball handling skills, and the ability to attack more from all angles. He is also better "hot" player. When he is hot, points all over the place. Jordan could do that too, but Kobe is more deadly at the 3ball, and will put the points up quickly.

Both have the same faults as well. Jordan take too many shots sometimes, which will hurt the team performances occasionally. Jordan take more shots than Kobe, but the difference is that they are better shots. Kobe take too many shots sometimes and they are more difficult to make. Kobe's main problem is his shot selection IMO. Jordan's main problem was that sometimes when he was cold, he would just keep on shooting, and he feel in love with his mid-range jump shot when it wasn't falling occasionally.

Jordan and LeBron:

They play nothing alike. Bah.

Kobe and LeBron:

Kobe is more of a scorer than LBJ, and LBJ is a better all around player.

Kobe used to be a much better shooter than LBJ until this year. LBJ shooting numbers statistically is better at the long range mid, but Kobe still is the better overall shooter, just not as much as before.

LBJ is a better passer obviously, and is better than Kobe at finishing at the rim. LBJ is better than current Kobe in defense. Prime Kobe defensively is 2000. And LBJ is not better than him, but you can argue it could be unfair to compare them since with the rules back then and now.

Kobe is a much better off ball player and know how to get into position to score and cause the defense to make mistakes when guarding him. LBJ is not nearly as good. It could be the coaching fault, but LBJ does have his sets where he gets into position to score off the ball, but not often enough. LBJ also needs dominate the ball to be effective while Kobe does not really need that.

With that said, LBJ is a point forward and is better running the offense than Kobe is.

But the recent criticism of LeBron that he crumbles in big moments now when Kobe keep fighting. Even though both of them crumble against Dallas this year, LBJ is younger and more in his prime than Kobe is, so I don't think there is much of an argument there.

vegasdude
07-13-2011, 01:23 AM

Rings and Championships are overrated.:hammerhead: Lebron might go down in history as the best stat player without a ring. :lol

Simple Jack
07-13-2011, 01:52 AM

Ray Mercer got KO'd by a head Kick from Remy Bonjaski . Choked out by Kimbo and Finally won by beating Tim Silvia:lol

Boxing is fading fast..

UFC 96 - 300,000
UFC 97 - 475,000
UFC 98 - 500,000
UFC 99 - 360,000
UFC 100 - 1,100,000 * Bob Arum says the REAL number is under 1 mill
UFC 101 - 500,000
UFC 102 - 300,000
UFC 103 - 250,000
UFC 104 - 350,000
Mayweather Marquez - 1,000,000 *note this was a TUNE up fight
Pacquiao De La Hoya - 1,250,000
Pacquiao Hatton - 900,000
Pacquiao Cotto - 1,300,000 * early estimations
Mayweather Hatton - 1,600,000
Mayweather De La Hoya - 2,400,000 * WORLD RECORD
Mayweather Judah - 700,000
Mayweather Baldomir - 400,000 * One of Mayweather's first PPV
Tyson Holyfield - 1,999,000
De La Hoya Trinidad - 1,400,000

OTHER NOTABLE BIG PPV FIGHTS

1. Rafael Ruelas (5/95) 330,000 buys = $9.9 million
2. Genaro Hernandez (9/95) 220,000 buys = $6.6 million
3. Miguel Angel Gonzalez (1/97) 345,000 buys = $12.1 million
4. Pernell Whitaker (4/97) 720,000 buys = $28.8 million
5. Hector Camacho (9/97) 560,000 buys = $22.4 million
6. Wilfredo Rivera (12/97) 240,000 buys = $9.6 million
7. Julio Cesar Chavez II ( 9/98) 525,000 buys = $23.6 million
8. Ike Quartey ( 2/99) 570,000 buys =$25.7 million
9. Felix Trinidad (9/99) 1.4 million buys = $71.4 million
10. Shane Mosley (6/00) 590,000 buys = $29.5 million
11. Javier Castillejo (6/01) 400,000 buys = $16.0 million
12. Fernando Vargas (9/02) 935,000 buys = $47.8 million
13. Yory Boy Campas (5/03) 350,000 buys = $17.5 million
14. Shane Mosley II (9/03) 950,000 buys = $48.4 million
15. Felix Sturm (6/04) 380,000 buys = $19.0 million
16. Bernard Hopkins (9/04) 1 million buys = $56.0 million
17. Ricardo Mayorga (5/06) 935,000 buys = $46.3 million

Not too updated but you can still see a clear edge. UFC 130 got 300k.

Not to mention that UFC counts global buys while Boxing is strictly USA.

AlphaWolf24
07-13-2011, 03:04 AM
UFC 96 - 300,000
UFC 97 - 475,000
UFC 98 - 500,000
UFC 99 - 360,000
UFC 100 - 1,100,000 * Bob Arum says the REAL number is under 1 mill
UFC 101 - 500,000
UFC 102 - 300,000
UFC 103 - 250,000
UFC 104 - 350,000
Mayweather Marquez - 1,000,000 *note this was a TUNE up fight
Pacquiao De La Hoya - 1,250,000
Pacquiao Hatton - 900,000
Pacquiao Cotto - 1,300,000 * early estimations
Mayweather Hatton - 1,600,000
Mayweather De La Hoya - 2,400,000 * WORLD RECORD
Mayweather Judah - 700,000
Mayweather Baldomir - 400,000 * One of Mayweather's first PPV
Tyson Holyfield - 1,999,000
De La Hoya Trinidad - 1,400,000

OTHER NOTABLE BIG PPV FIGHTS

1. Rafael Ruelas (5/95) 330,000 buys = $9.9 million
2. Genaro Hernandez (9/95) 220,000 buys = $6.6 million
3. Miguel Angel Gonzalez (1/97) 345,000 buys = $12.1 million
4. Pernell Whitaker (4/97) 720,000 buys = $28.8 million
5. Hector Camacho (9/97) 560,000 buys = $22.4 million
6. Wilfredo Rivera (12/97) 240,000 buys = $9.6 million
7. Julio Cesar Chavez II ( 9/98) 525,000 buys = $23.6 million
8. Ike Quartey ( 2/99) 570,000 buys =$25.7 million
9. Felix Trinidad (9/99) 1.4 million buys = $71.4 million
10. Shane Mosley (6/00) 590,000 buys = $29.5 million
11. Javier Castillejo (6/01) 400,000 buys = $16.0 million
12. Fernando Vargas (9/02) 935,000 buys = $47.8 million
13. Yory Boy Campas (5/03) 350,000 buys = $17.5 million
14. Shane Mosley II (9/03) 950,000 buys = $48.4 million
15. Felix Sturm (6/04) 380,000 buys = $19.0 million
16. Bernard Hopkins (9/04) 1 million buys = $56.0 million
17. Ricardo Mayorga (5/06) 935,000 buys = $46.3 million

Not too updated but you can still see a clear edge. UFC 130 got 300k.

Not to mention that UFC counts global buys while Boxing is strictly USA.

why are you using Boxing PPV's from the 90's???....

should look at the past 3 - 5 years.....

the UFC/MMA barely started in the mid 90's...and only became mainstream since 2006...

Yahoo article from 2 years ago talking about MMA's popularity...

Top 10 North American PPV buy rates, 2008
1. Boxing: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao, Dec. 6, PPV #: 1,250,000
2. UFC: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture, Nov. 15, PPV #: 1,010,000
3. Wrestling: WrestleMania, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Paul “Big Show” Wight, March 30, PPV #: 670,000
4. UFC: Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch/Lesnar vs. Heath Herring, Aug. 9, PPV #: 625,000
5. UFC: Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, Feb. 2, PPV #: 600,000
6. UFC: Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin, July 5, PPV #: 540,000
7. UFC: St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra, April 19, PPV #: 530,000
8. Boxing: Felix Trinidad vs. Roy Jones Jr., Jan. 19, PPV #: 500,000
9. UFC: Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans, Sept. 6, PPV #: 480,000
10. UFC: B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk/Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida, May 24, PPV #: 475,000.

7 outta 10...

Top 10 PPV buy rates, 2009

1. UFC 100: Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, July 11, 1.6 million

2. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto, Nov. 14, 1.25 million

3. Boxing: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, Sept. 19, 1.05 millon

4. UFC 94: Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn, Jan. 31, 920,000 buys

5. UFC 101: Penn vs. Kenny Florian/Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin, Aug. 8, 850,000

6. Boxing: Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton, May 2, 825,000

7t. UFC 107: Penn vs. Diego Sanchez, Dec. 12, 650,000

7t. UFC 97: Silva vs. Thales Leites/Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua, April 18, 650,000

9. UFC 99: Lyoto Machida vs. Rashad Evans/Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra, May 23, 635,000

10. Wrestling: WWE WrestleMania 25, April 5, 582,000 buys

6 of the top 10 PPV's were UFC....for sure that increased in the past 2 years

After setting pay-per-view industry records in 2009, the Ultimate Fighting Championship faces opposition from boxing and wrestling over the next several months as it attempts to maintain last year’s levels.

It’s estimated that UFC, which didn’t publicly release figures, did nearly 8 million buys in the United States and Canada on 13 pay-per-view events this past year. That includes six of the year’s top 10 buyrates and 11 of the top 15.

UFC’s numbers are even more impressive when one considers that several of the company’s biggest drawing cards missed most of the second half of the year for various reasons.

Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar fought only once in 2009, since he was sidelined with an illness eventually diagnosed as Diverticulitis. But Lesnar stayed on his perch as the king of PPV, headlining the year’s biggest event, UFC 100, which drew 1.6 million buys. Lesnar’s win over Frank Mir trailed only three events in PPV history, all boxing matches: the 2007 Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather fight, and Mike Tyson’s 2002 match with Lennox Lewis and 1997 fight with Evander Holyfield.

Welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, who appears to be the company’s second-biggest draw, also didn’t fight after July due to an abductor muscle tear in his victory over Thiago Alves. Middleweight champion Anderson Silva didn’t right after Aug. 8 due to elbow surgery. And what was expected to be the company’s biggest fight of the second half of 2009, a Quinton Jackson-Rashad Evans grudge match built off “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show, won’t be taking place until May due to Jackson getting the part of B.A. Baracus in “The A-Team” movie which was being filmed at the end of this past year.

There are no obvious 2010 blockbusters on the horizon. The Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather boxing match, which could have broken every PPV record in the book, fell apart over a battle on the subject of drug testing. UFC is still feeling the effects of its rash of injuries, as except for B.J. Penn, all of its champions were simultaneously out of action for a five-month period that doesn’t end until late March.

UFC’s biggest potential fight looks to be a trilogy fight between Lesnar and former champ Mir, who have split their first two matches. But that will only happen if Mir beats Shane Carwin on March 27 in Newark, N.J. St. Pierre and Penn both emerged off their match at UFC 94 as bigger stars than ever before, but neither has an opponent on the horizon in their own division ready to push them to record box office numbers. A rematch between the two is difficult because St. Pierre won in one-sided fashion last year.

The last weekend of March will be a big one for the pay-per-view industry. Mir vs. Carwin for the interim heavyweight title, with the winner getting Lesnar in the summer, will be a co-feature with the return of St. Pierre, defending against England’s Dan Hardy. That would be expected to do UFC’s best numbers since August, if not UFC 100.

The next day, World Wrestling Entertainment presents its biggest event of the year, WrestleMania 26, from the University of Phoenix Stadium. Pro wrestling events generally fare poorly on the day after UFC cards, as the bulk of pay-per-view purchases are made by friends who gather to watch the fights, but generally speaking, people aren’t going to do that twice on the same weekend. WrestleMania could be the exception, since it’s the one annual event that people who no longer follow wrestling still buy. While most WWE monthly PPV’s do less than 150,000 buys in North America, WrestleMania last year did an estimated 582,000 buys.

HBO Boxing, which had a 2009 strategy of putting more major fights on HBO instead of PPV, with the idea it would pay dividends in the future by building more of a younger base audience for the sport, only had three major pay-per-view events. But all were major successes, doing a combined estimated 3,125,000 buys. All three events finished top six for the year and in hindsight, holding fewer events made the individual events come across as more special.

Even though UFC has outpaced boxing over the course of the year for the past several years, boxing still has the capability with the right fight to do bigger numbers than even the best UFC event

While all mixed martial arts, boxing and pro wrestling are obviously three different products, there is enough of a crossover audience to makes them competitors. After the September 19 Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Marquez boxing match did monster numbers opposite a UFC show headlined by Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort, which did one of the company’s lowest numbers of the year, UFC president Dana White avoided head-to-head confrontations. When Mayweather vs. Shane Mosley was announced for May 1, White moved his scheduled Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua light heavyweight title rematch in Montreal back a week to May 8.

Since HBO and WWE are both public companies, their PPV numbers are publicly released. However, with the rise in success of UFC, boxing promoter Bob Arum, who promoted the Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton fight, would not allow HBO to publicly release the figures for that fight. UFC, a private company, generally doesn’t release numbers and information on the Pacquiao-Hatton fight and UFC numbers are garnered from a variety of industry sources.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Edit: No wonder you copied and pasted this - http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327731 from a Biased Boxing site....(sighs)....

I found it hilarious that you have to put an asterisk next to UFC 100 and mention Bob Arum who has nothing to do with MMA or the UFC, who severely underpays his fighters and has been bashing Dana since day one for no reason.

Simple Jack
07-13-2011, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=AlphaWolf24]why are you using Boxing PPV's from the 90's???....

should look at the past 3 - 5 years.....

the UFC/MMA barely started in the mid 90's...and only became mainstream since 2006...

Yahoo article from 2 years ago talking about MMA's popularity...

Top 10 North American PPV buy rates, 2008
1. Boxing: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao, Dec. 6, PPV #: 1,250,000
2. UFC: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture, Nov. 15, PPV #: 1,010,000
3. Wrestling: WrestleMania, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Paul

Simple Jack
07-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Dana White deserves bashing by the way. He's a douche bag.

IMO the sport has gotten worse as of late, in terms of entertainment value. Pride was and always will be the greatest MMA organization of all-time.

AlphaWolf24
07-14-2011, 12:07 AM
That wasn't me. I searched Boxing vs MMA ppv buys and came up with a list.

It doesn't change the fact that UFC PPV buys are global while Boxing is strictly USA nor does it change the fact that a huge boxing fight will continue to be bigger than a big MMA event.

the list is Bunk ...

doesn't change the fact that the UFC has 13 of the top 20 PPV's the past 2 years...despite Boxing being around much longer...

Boxing has a few left over stars capable of getting huge buy's...but it's being swallowed by MMA witch is still in it's infancy and growing..

Not many people will want to watch pillow slapping outside the few older stars.....IMO it will be a 2nd tier sport I.E. snowboarding , Cycling

AlphaWolf24
07-14-2011, 12:17 AM

IMO the sport has gotten worse as of late, in terms of entertainment value. Pride was and always will be the greatest MMA organization of all-time.

call him whatever you want..but he's making MMA the fastest growing sport...and doing his job as president running the Org...and making the sport grow.

Pride was a great show...but far from Legit , with PED's running rampit with no regulation , fixed fight's....and poor competition....(just look at who Wand fought....) and very poor management....plus Dana brought UFC Fighters to Japan to Fight in Pride...Pride never did that...(they said they would then backed out).....

call him what you want....but at least recognize game when it's in your face son.

Simple Jack
07-14-2011, 12:42 AM
call him whatever you want..but he's making MMA the fastest growing sport...and doing his job as president running the Org...and making the sport grow.

Pride was a great show...but far from Legit , with PED's running rampit with no regulation , fixed fight's....and poor competition....(just look at who Wand fought....) and very poor management....plus Dana brought UFC Fighters to Japan to Fight in Pride...Pride never did that...(they said they would then backed out).....

call him what you want....but at least recognize game when it's in your face son.

Nog, Anderson, Fedor, Prime Vandy, Prime Shogun >>> the best UFC ever had to offer.

I do respect him for what he's done for the sport, but he's still a douche bag.

Also, why haven't you addressed the fact that UFC counts global sales while Boxing does not?

You're getting the wrong notion here; I like MMA more than Boxing. And I think MMA is clearly trending upward, but the lack of respect for the sport of boxing needed to be addressed.

AlphaWolf24
07-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Nog, Anderson, Fedor, Prime Vandy, Prime Shogun >>> the best UFC ever had to offer.

I do respect him for what he's done for the sport, but he's still a douche bag.

Also, why haven't you addressed the fact that UFC counts global sales while Boxing does not?

You're getting the wrong notion here; I like MMA more than Boxing. And I think MMA is clearly trending upward, but the lack of respect for the sport of boxing needed to be addressed.

Wand Lost to Phenom and Tito in the UFC...went to Japan and mostly Fought Japenses Can's outside a couple Fights(Beat Rampage who said he was offered more money to lose by the Japanese owners).....got merked by Dan Henderson...and lost to Chuck

Nog Clearly lost to Ricco Rodriguez in Pride (Dana brought Ricco to Japan and the Japanese Judges showed there Bias once again....most MMA Fans recognize Ricco winning)

Fedor didn't fight any top competition after 2005...his biggest fight in Pride was against Cro Cop...who has been merked in the UFC

Shogun was a beast in Pride....then got choked out in his first UFC fight:lol

Anderson is your saving grace ....he has dominated like no other....but since he fought in Cage Rage More and Before coming to Japan..then you just saying Cage Rage>UFC....

why doesn't boxing count Global sales???....I know far more about the sport of MMA then you...but you seem hellbent on the UFC counting Global sales:confusedshrug:

still changes nothing...present day UFC PPV far outweighs Boxing.....

You saying Boxing gets no respect?? - http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/why-boxing-so-lightly-regarded-mixed-martial-arts-856630/

there's the answer.....:roll:

I.R.Beast
07-15-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.thelifefiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/kobe.jpg

Fanboys like you aren't even worth arguing with.
nice facts...stats, Kobe is still better than leBron ever was.....Kobe is primarily a jump shooter yeah he takes bad shots at times but i worked out quite fine for him...5 rings

I.R.Beast
07-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Wand Lost to Phenom and Tito in the UFC...went to Japan and mostly Fought Japenses Can's outside a couple Fights(Beat Rampage who said he was offered more money to lose by the Japanese owners).....got merked by Dan Henderson...and lost to Chuck

Nog Clearly lost to Ricco Rodriguez in Pride (Dana brought Ricco to Japan and the Japanese Judges showed there Bias once again....most MMA Fans recognize Ricco winning)

Fedor didn't fight any top competition after 2005...his biggest fight in Pride was against Cro Cop...who has been merked in the UFC

Shogun was a beast in Pride....then got choked out in his first UFC fight:lol...... You seem to have very little knowledge of these fighters alpha....Cro-cop and Vand were all out of their primes by the time they made it 2 the UFC the only PRide fighters that were still in their prime when they came to the UFC were Shogun, Hendo, and Silva.....Wand battles started to catach up with him before pride was shut down. Also guys like cro-cop and vand had a tough time adjusting to the soft UFC rules. Those guys are strikers that fought for a promotion where wrestlers with no strike didnt farewell because of the rules.

Anderson is your saving grace ....he has dominated like no other....but since he fought in Cage Rage More and Before coming to Japan..then you just saying Cage Rage>UFC....

why doesn't boxing count Global sales???....I know far more about the sport of MMA then you...but you seem hellbent on the UFC counting Global sales:confusedshrug:

You saying Boxing gets no respect?? - http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/why-boxing-so-lightly-regarded-mixed-martial-arts-856630/

Prime wanderlei silva would destroy prime tito and Vitor.....i miss Pride FC....u actually had to fight....now-a-days guys like GSP and Fitch wanna dry hump their way to victory

Simple Jack
07-15-2011, 01:36 AM

Shogun was a beast in Pride....then got choked out in his first UFC fight:lol

They just don't count global sales. Not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. The point is, UFC generates similar numbers while counting global sales while boxing does not despite the close numbers for some events.
:roll: :roll: @ all of the above.:roll:

Spoken like a true TUFer.

Simple Jack
07-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Prime wanderlei silva would destroy prime tito and Vitor.....i miss Pride FC....u actually had to fight....now-a-days guys like GSP and Fitch wanna dry hump their way to victory

Dude is delusional. He's talking about Cro-Cop 4 years out of his prime fighting in the UFC. It's like using Kobe's last year as an example of what he could do in his prime. And LOL at the disrespect for Fedor. Kid is either 15 years old or a complete tool who just started watching MMA recently. :roll: at you training for what, 10+ years? :hammerhead:

I.R.Beast
07-15-2011, 01:42 AM

i disgaree with you in regards to basketball, but you're spot on....True fans of MMA recognize that pride was indeed a better promotion...i remember when chuck came to fight in Pride on got demolished by Rampage.

Pride FC played host to actual fights. No wall and stall, no lay and pray...Fighters were stood up with frequency and those little pitty patty blows that some ground humpers like to resort to does not classify as activity on the ground, you must be actively trying to trasition, finish or submit the grounded fighter. Soccer kicks and stomps were legal, so were north south knees. Everytime you shot for a takedown you were doing it at your own risk if you missed. in the UFC if you slip up you know that if one knee is down that you can't be knee'd in the the head or soccer kicked. Guys like Wand and Shogun, Silva and Wand were unbeattable there because in order to win you had to fight.

I.R.Beast
07-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Dude is delusional. He's talking about Cro-Cop 4 years out of his prime fighting in the UFC. It's like using Kobe's last year as an example of what he could do in his prime. And LOL at the disrespect for Fedor. Kid is either 15 years old or a complete tool who just started watching MMA recently. :roll: at you training for what, 10+ years? :hammerhead:

lol...notice i completely ignored what he said about Fedor.....Fedor has been an undersized heavyweight dominating his division for years. he's the greatest heavyweight that has ever lived and his legacy is set is set in stone. The UFC heavyweight division has been a toss up for years....They havent had a dominant fighter running that division for years guys like arlovski, sylvia, lesnar, would not have survived in pride. Look at that UFC heavyweight division...It's just a bunch of juiced up guys that get gassed after the first round. Their are currently only 2 legit heavies in the UFC right now and that is Junior and Cain.

Simple Jack
07-15-2011, 02:08 AM
lol...notice i completely ignored what he said about Fedor.....Fedor has been an undersized heavyweight dominating his division for years. he's the greatest heavyweight that has ever lived and his legacy is set is set in stone. The UFC heavyweight division has been a toss up for years....They havent had a dominant fighter running that division for years guys like arlovski, sylvia, lesnar, would not have survived in pride. Look at that UFC heavyweight division...It's just a bunch of juiced up guys that get gassed after the first round. Their are currently only 2 legit heavies in the UFC right now and that is Junior and Cain.

Haha he also fails to mention Sylvia and Arlovski, both UFC champs, who Fedor ran through like nothing.

Liddel vs Rampage?

Cotoure vs Nog?

Shogun Liddell?

Pride IS MMA. UFC can try but there will never be another Pride.

Edit: He does mention Sylvia earlier, and laughs; apparently even he finds being HW champion in the UFC a joke.

LOL @ comparing Pride to UFC.

AlphaWolf24
07-15-2011, 02:15 AM
They just don't count global sales. Not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. The point is, UFC generates similar numbers while counting global sales while boxing does not despite the close numbers for some events.
:roll: :roll: @ all of the above.:roll:

Spoken like a true TUFer.

if saying Tufer makes you feel elite then YAY....I'll take that as a sign of defeat...it's silly and sad that you have one trick left and resorted to it...very played.

Fact is you tried you hand and copy posted a biased PPV site then got your azz handed back to you ...

all you keep saying is "Global sales"...who gives a F?...it's global or not....MMA is Merking boxing...nuff said...next

BTW: Lots of current fans/fighters got influenced by watching "TUF"..John Jones, Pettis and Jorge Masvidal and Bill Cooper...(google him )...since you most likely have "0" clue who one of the greatest BJJ players in America is.

are they "TUFC"??? too?

I.R.Beast
07-15-2011, 02:17 AM
Haha he also fails to mention Sylvia and Arlovski, both UFC champs, who Fedor ran through like nothing.

Liddel vs Rampage?

Cotoure vs Nog?

Shogun Liddell?

Edit: He does mention Sylvia earlier, and laughs; apparently even he finds being HW champion in the UFC a joke.

I'd like to know who his favorite fighter is......He's probably a a Fitch fan

I.R.Beast
07-15-2011, 02:27 AM
if saying Tufer makes you feel elite then YAY....I'll take that as a sign of defeat...it's silly and sad that you have one trick left and resorted to it...very played.

Fact is you tried you hand and copy posted a biased PPV site then got your azz handed back to you ...

all you keep saying is "Global sales"...who gives a F?...it's global or not....MMA is Merking boxing...nuff said...next

BTW: Lots of current fans/fighters got influenced by watching "TUF"..John Jones, Pettis and Jorge Masvidal and Bill Cooper...(google him )...since you most likely have "0" clue who one of the greatest BJJ players in America is.

are they "TUFC"??? too?

TUF is garbage.....what dana needs to do is quit building up these guys he finds off the street and get some real fighters in the UFC....He needs to persue guys like hector lombard. He also needs to make a push for a change in how fights are scored.

MMA is merking boxing because of the way boxing is currently situated with all the contract negotiations and disputes. Also their are two many division belts IBO, MC, IBF, WBO, etc......Along with that you have promoters protecting their fighters(Bob Arum) because he wants to make them look good so that he can hae himself a cash cow. What arum is doing with manny Pacquiao is just criminal.....someone needs to be running the show to say who fights who and the fighters just need to negotiatie on contract splits, glove size etc.!!

AlphaWolf24
07-15-2011, 02:28 AM
i disgaree with you in regards to basketball, but you're spot on....True fans of MMA recognize that pride was indeed a better promotion...i remember when chuck came to fight in Pride on got demolished by Rampage.

Pride FC played host to actual fights. No wall and stall, no lay and pray...Fighters were stood up with frequency and those little pitty patty blows that some ground humpers like to resort to does not classify as activity on the ground, you must be actively trying to trasition, finish or submit the grounded fighter. Soccer kicks and stomps were legal, so were north south knees. Everytime you shot for a takedown you were doing it at your own risk if you missed. in the UFC if you slip up you know that if one knee is down that you can't be knee'd in the the head or soccer kicked. Guys like Wand and Shogun, Silva and Wand were unbeattable there because in order to win you had to fight.

Oh shut the F@ck up.....Chuck KO'd Guy Metzger, KO'd Allistair Overeem and Lost to Rampage....look at the guy's Chuck Faught then look who Rampage and Wand had to fight in that tournament....Chuck had it the roughest....

Wand came to the UFC and Chuck beat him...

shitty MMA Elitists fans keep saying Pride was better....it was a great promotion....but your just spewing BS..

if you don't like grappling and are happy that Pride made fighters stand up....then how can you call yourself a fan?? of MMA?...

MMA was based on real hand to hand combat....I hate stand ups and I prefer the Vale Tudo or UFC 1 - 4 rules with no stand ups...the fight goes where ever it goes and who ever can get the better hand so be it.

Pride did have some great fights..they also had many worked fights and many stupid freakshow mismatched fights also...

also NO elbows to a grounded opponent..guy's like Wand Shogun and Silva were good because Wand mostly fought Japenese cans....Shogun was Roided up...and Silva lost twice and was cut....A.Silva was mostly a cage rage Fighter...

OBTW.......Pride shut down and was bought by the UFC.....

AlphaWolf24
07-15-2011, 02:32 AM

Fedor is an amazing fighter and one of the best ever...but since 2005 he has faught mostly Underwellming competition....

who was he fighting in Pride?...Mark Coleman and Fujita?.....F'ing Matt Lindland a MW....Arlovski and Choi:lol

AlphaWolf24
07-15-2011, 02:37 AM
TUF is garbage.....what dana needs to do is quit building up these guys he finds off the street and get some real fighters in the UFC....He needs to persue guys like hector lombard. He also needs to make a push for a change in how fights are scored.

MMA is merking boxing because of the way boxing is currently situated with all the contract negotiations and disputes. Also their are two many division belts IBO, MC, IBF, WBO, etc......Along with that you have promoters protecting their fighters(Bob Arum) because he wants to make them look good so that he can hae himself a cash cow. What arum is doing with manny Pacquiao is just criminal.....someone needs to be running the show to say who fights who and the fighters just need to negotiatie on contract splits, glove size etc.!!

:roll: you telling dana what he needs to do.....Hectar Lombard is good he is also 35 Fing years old....Dana just gave a 39 year old Undefeated champ from another org a chance and it Backfired....

lombard is a great Fighter....but what is dana supposed to do?...is Cage rage just going to give Dana his contract??....umm...no.

AlphaWolf24
07-15-2011, 02:42 AM

Liddel vs Rampage?

Cotoure vs Nog?

Shogun Liddell?

Chuck vs Wand?

Chuck vs Overeem?

Chuck vs Metzger?

Nog vs Ricco?

Nog vs Cain?

Nog vs Mir?

Shogun vs Forrest?

Shogun vs Jones?

Shogun vs Coleman?.....:lol

look I can do MMATH too!!!!:rolleyes:

Tim Sylvia Fought Fedor at affliction after Tim was cut by the UFC....Tim also lost to Ray Mercer faster then Fedor:lol

Arlovski was also out of the UFC...and has been getting KO's alot lately

AlphaWolf24
07-15-2011, 02:54 AM

what?..Cro Cop was coming off of Koing Wand and beating babyface...how was he out of his prime?...he was favored to walk through the UFC and get the belt......then the "kick" happened:lol

BTW I first started watching MMA when I lived in Japan.....Pride 4 Takada vs Rickson...

I have been following MMA ever since...Training in Judo and traditional Japanese Jiujitsu ...

Trained with Scott Lighty , Antonio Banwelos and Chuck Liddell in SLO...
went to many classes in Livermore CA. in the mid 90's to talk to Ken Shamrock at the Lions den..

met and trained with Franjinah Miller in Santa Barbara Ca.....

I respect and admire most Fighters......

I always like to watch Jacare , Babalu and of course The Iceman....:rockon:

Simple Jack
07-15-2011, 02:54 AM

are they "TUFC"??? too?

What don't you understand about that concept. Global sales = numbers from around the world. Despite that, they still lose, in some events, to PPV buys from Boxing from AMERICA ALONE. Should they count global sales for their buys, you would see boxing numbers destroy UFC numbers as they are already close enough to begin with.

TUF'ers refers to losers such as yourself that only recently got into the sport and have no idea what they're talking about.

Simple Jack
07-15-2011, 03:00 AM
what?..Cro Cop was coming off of Koing Wand and beating babyface...how was he out of his prime?...he was favored to walk through the UFC and get the belt......then the "kick" happened:lol

BTW I first started watching MMA when I lived in Japan.....Pride 4 Takada vs Rickson...

I have been following MMA ever since...Training in Judo and traditional Japanese Jiujitsu ...

Trained with Scott Lighty , Antonio Banwelos and Chuck Liddell in SLO...
went to many classes in Livermore CA. in the mid 90's to talk to Ken Shamrock at the Lions den..

met and trained with Franjinah Miller in Santa Barbara Ca.....

I respect and admire most Fighters......

I always like to watch Jacare , Babalu and of course The Iceman....:rockon:

If you can't see the difference between Mirko in his prime in Pride and in the UFC, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. He was a different fighter; slower, older, less aggressive, etc...

If we're talking about credentials, I trained with Renzo Gracie in NYC for 3 years. I had private training with Royce in Long Island (probably before you started watching UFC), as well as Helio Gracie.

Nog beat Ricco so I'm not sure what you're getting at with that. The point I was trying to make, and did, was that plenty of the touted Pride Fighters were well out of their prime at the time and still did well. Most held the belt at some point.

This is an NBA forum so if you want to discuss MMA i suggest you go to the off-topic; not that I plan on discussing UFC vs Pride any further. It should be rather simple as to which organization was the greatest and had the greatest fighters.

And you clearly don't respect fighters/the sport if you're downplaying Pride, specifically the ridiculous dominance that was Fedor in his prime. LOL at you claiming he is anything other than the GOAT the sport ever had to offer.

AlphaWolf24
07-15-2011, 03:00 AM
What don't you understand about that concept. Global sales = numbers from around the world. Despite that, they still lose, in some events, to PPV buys from Boxing from AMERICA ALONE. Should they count global sales for their buys, you would see boxing numbers destroy UFC numbers as they are already close enough to begin with.

TUF'ers refers to losers such as yourself that only recently got into the sport and have no idea what they're talking about.

Why do U think I just got "into the sport"???...like I said above I Lived in Japan and followed MMA since the mid 90's....

But you can call me a "Tuf'er"...if that makes you feel better....BTW it's a played term used on sherdog by stupid MMA fans...

The UFC has 13 of top 20 PPV's in the last 2 years...you can spin that all you want:lol

global sales or not.....it's a fact....MMA>Boxing......Boxing is fading fast.

The-Legend-24
07-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Let me end this debate right now.

Brock Lesner >

/Thread.

AlphaWolf24
07-15-2011, 03:04 AM
If you can't see the difference between Mirko in his prime in Pride and in the UFC, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. He was a different fighter; slower, older, less aggressive, etc...

If we're talking about credentials, I trained with Renzo Gracie in NYC for 3 years. I had private training with Royce in Long Island (probably before you started watching UFC), as well as Helio Gracie.

Nog beat Ricco so I'm not sure what you're getting at with that. The point I was trying to make, and did, was that plenty of the touted Pride Fighters were well out of their prime at the time and still did well. Most held the belt at some point.

This is an NBA forum so if you want to discuss MMA i suggest you go to the off-topic; not that I plan on discussing UFC vs Pride any further. It should be rather simple as to which organization was the greatest and had the greatest fighters.

He fell out of his prime because he got his head Kicked off????...he destroyed Eddie Sanchez in his first fight and everyone thought he was going to walk through Gonzaga to a Title shot....not too mention coming off wins vs Silva nd Barnett in the OWGP..jesus he fell out ofhis prim in 3 months....

Nog did not beat Ricco..watch the fight.....Ricco won and most fans acnowlege the fact the Japanese judges gave the "pride fighter" the win..

great you trained with the Gracies...I trained with Sakuraba....

next

Simple Jack
07-17-2011, 02:25 PM
He fell out of his prime because he got his head Kicked off????...he destroyed Eddie Sanchez in his first fight and everyone thought he was going to walk through Gonzaga to a Title shot....not too mention coming off wins vs Silva nd Barnett in the OWGP..jesus he fell out ofhis prim in 3 months....

Nog did not beat Ricco..watch the fight.....Ricco won and most fans acnowlege the fact the Japanese judges gave the "pride fighter" the win..

great you trained with the Gracies...I trained with Sakuraba....

next

Haha Sakuraba, some can that Wandy beat right? Oh wait...

Cro-Cop chased around Eddie Sanchez during their fight. He didn't destroy him. It was his first fight in the cage, and he got older. LOL @ you thinking all fighters somehow have the fountain of youth bottled in their gatorade. CLEARLY he wasn't the same fighter that he was in Pride. You're mentioning fights that took place when 1 fighter was clearly out of their primes. When UFC's top fighters fought Pride best in their primes, they lost. It's really that simple.

Also love that you don't mention Arlovski and Sylvia getting destroyed by Fedor.

Love that some douche on a forum trains with random great fighters around the world despite not fighting in amateur events or having a record for himself.

Continue to expose yourself for being the clown that you are; in regards to both basketball AND MMA.
:applause: