PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony is skilled but OVERWEIGHT.

postmupndunkit
07-16-2011, 05:52 PM
He is listed as 6 8 230lbs. I ain't buying it. He's gotta be 247-250, it's obvious he doesn't eat right or do crunches. He is the NBA's Jay Cutler---freakishly skilled but plump n the middle like a ballpark frank brat. I hope Melo is pushing the plate away during the lockout. His BMI is gon b otc:facepalm Click the link 2 see FATBOY
http://sandrarose.com/2011/05/carmelo-anthony-attends-his-birthday-bash-without-la-la/picture-6-80/

Big One
07-16-2011, 05:54 PM
He is listed as 6 8 230lbs. I ain't buying it. He's gotta be 247-250, it's obvious he doesn't eat right or do crunches. He is the NBA's Jay Cutler---freakishly skilled but plump n the middle like a ballpark frank brat. I hope Melo is pushing the plate away during the lockout. His BMI is gon b otc:facepalm Click the link 2 see FATBOY
http://sandrarose.com/2011/05/carmelo-anthony-attends-his-birthday-bash-without-la-la/picture-6-80/

lol BMI? thats the most garbage stat to determine how healthy a person is :oldlol:

postmupndunkit
07-16-2011, 05:59 PM
lol BMI? thats the most garbage stat to determine how healthy a person is :oldlol:

I concur. BMI tells you a whole HELLUVA lot about your health. Are you underweight, average, or overweight....Hmmmm:pimp: I

knickscity
07-16-2011, 06:04 PM
cool story......

ThaSwagg3r
07-16-2011, 06:05 PM
You must not realize how unbelievably strong he is. He is like LeBron's size except he knows how to post up.

postmupndunkit
07-16-2011, 06:14 PM
You must not realize how unbelievably strong he is. He is like LeBron's size except he knows how to post up.

He shows his skill, one of the leagues BEST. BUT....imagine if he stopped eating 6 twinkies in one sitting. He needs a strength and weight coach. Lifting cheeseburgers don't count. Throw in a personal chef 2, Knicks win the Championship.:hammerhead:

knickscity
07-16-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the lockout is really getting to some.

FadeAwayJ13
07-16-2011, 06:20 PM
He shows his skill, one of the leagues BEST. BUT....imagine if he stopped eating 6 twinkies in one sitting. He needs a strength and weight coach. Lifting cheeseburgers don't count. Throw in a personal chef 2, Knicks win the Championship.:hammerhead:

You think he doesn't have a strength coach? NBA players have some of the most intense workouts in sports to preserve their mass without sacrificing quickness. I highly doubt he's downing twinkies, or having his personal chef prepare him anything less than exceptional meals.

He's one of the best scorers in the NBA, so I don't think he's in trouble.

postmupndunkit
07-16-2011, 06:29 PM
You think he doesn't have a strength coach? NBA players have some of the most intense workouts in sports to preserve their mass without sacrificing quickness. I highly doubt he's downing twinkies, or having his personal chef prepare him anything less than exceptional meals.

He's one of the best scorers in the NBA, so I don't think he's in trouble.

Did u look @ that pic of him?

Stuckey
07-16-2011, 06:33 PM
i bet he still munches out like the rest of us

:cheers:

Bigsmoke
07-16-2011, 06:37 PM
his size is one of the reasons why he's so hard to defend.

millwad
07-16-2011, 06:38 PM
The guy is enough fit to dominate in the NBA and I don't know anyone who don't consider him to be athletic.. Overweight? Na..

lefthook00
07-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Nvm.

Turkododo
07-16-2011, 07:45 PM
are you kidding me? the only thing fat about Melo is his Wallet and LaLa Vazquez's Ass.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/theybf/June%202010/8f54ce1d.jpg

http://www.latina.com/files/imagecache/post-large-image/la_la_vazquez_bikini_0810_article.jpg

Eat Like A Bosh
07-16-2011, 07:55 PM
BMI is more suited for average people.
For Pro Athletes, you can't just use BMI and call them fat. Pro Athletes have a higher muscle to fat ratio anyways.
Melo isn't fat, he's big. He's like LeBron but without the Point Guard skills and knows how to post up and has craftier ways to score.

Do you think LeBron's fat then?

Collie
07-16-2011, 07:56 PM
He has a chubby face, but he isn't fat. Same thing for Randolph, who isn't FAT fat like Curry, but still gets lumped with him due to his fat face.

http://images.newcelebritypics.com/img/basketball/images/z/zach_randolph_memphis_grizzlies-1137.jpg

Sarcastic
07-16-2011, 07:56 PM
He's not that fat.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/260306_217920758241521_185920138108250_701570_3406 245_n.jpg

postmupndunkit
07-16-2011, 08:03 PM
For Pro Athletes, you can't just use BMI and call them fat. Pro Athletes have a higher muscle to fat ratio anyways.
Melo isn't fat, he's big. He's like LeBron but without the Point Guard skills and knows how to post up and has craftier ways to score.

Nope.... muscles galore. He has the body of a football player. Look @ that pic of Melo holding the kid UP...........

If is arm were down he'd look 4 months pregnant. LOL @ Zach Randolph---I see what you mean. Maybe Melo just doesn't have enough neck for his pie face having azz....................

Sarcastic
07-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Nope.... muscles galore. He has the body of a football player. Look @ that pic of Melo holding the kid UP...........

If is arm were down he'd look 4 months pregnant. LOL @ Zach Randolph---I see what you mean. Maybe Melo just doesn't have enough neck for his pie face having azz....................

Yup, he looks 4 months pregnant with his arms down.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264080_224050314295232_185920138108250_724734_3731 755_n.jpg

G-Funk
07-16-2011, 08:06 PM

Lebron looks solind this dude looks soft

GiveItToBurrito
07-16-2011, 08:10 PM

Yeah, body fat percentage is a lot better. Hell, technically Reggie Bush is morbidly obese being like 5'10 and 220. That said, I think a lot of non-athletes really over-estimate how much muscle and how little fat they have, but that's another rant.

Melo should lose weight, though, NY is going to need him to play major minutes next year. I'm apalled at how a lot of these guys eat, too - you're a pro athlete in a sport that basically requires 40 minutes a night of wind sprints, how the hell can you have fat in your face? I did a huge cut this year and went from 240 to 190 (I've been lifting for years so I wasn't grotesquely obese or anything, but I'd started to get a bit of a spare tire) and it did incredible things for my endurance when I play sports. Melo could drop 20 pounds in two months if he just upped his cardio (I'm sure he already does a ton) and went on a paleo diet instead of just eating whatever he wants like a lot of these guys. There's no excuse for a pro athlete to have junk food in his house or even drink more than once every other week or so.

GiveItToBurrito
07-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Yup, he looks 4 months pregnant with his arms down.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264080_224050314295232_185920138108250_724734_3731 755_n.jpg

I wouldn't go that far, but he's probably around 17% body fat and should get it down to 10% (real 10% which most people seem to mistake for closer to 15%).

PowerGlove
07-16-2011, 08:13 PM
For all the people saying he needs to lose weight, why give away his MAJOR advantage. Dude is a bully with all that weight down there.

GiveItToBurrito
07-16-2011, 08:20 PM
For all the people saying he needs to lose weight, why give away his MAJOR advantage. Dude is a bully with all that weight down there.

He could cut weight then add a bit of muscle, it's not like he won't have time to do a bulk/cut cycle this summer. Hell, with the lack of league that can test for drugs, he could theoretically take steroids and bulk and cut at the same time if he really wanted to.

knickscity
07-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Has his alleged fat prevent him from performing on the court?

Not one bit.

gyu
07-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't understand those defending him. He could be in better shape and perform BETTER, athletes should always be looking to improve. who wants a star player who is content with their present self and doesn't want to improve anymore?
Muscle > fat so if he cut fat, gained muscle, and maintained the same weight he would be even more beast in the post not to mention quicker, better conditioned, etc.

PowerGlove
07-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I don't understand those defending him. He could be in better shape and perform BETTER, athletes should always be looking to improve. who wants a star player who is content with their present self and doesn't want to improve anymore?
Muscle > fat so if he cut fat, gained muscle, and maintained the same weight he would be even more beast in the post not to mention quicker, better conditioned, etc.

Were people saying the same about Paul Pierce?

MeLO MvP 15
07-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Just because he's not ripped like Amar'e or LeBron doesn't make him fat. He just has a different body type. He's probably stronger than LeBron, just not as defined.

Ikill
07-16-2011, 09:08 PM
He has a chubby face but he's not fat he doesn't play like a fat player either he's really quick and fast underrated in that way. He could improve his conditioning tho doesn't need to but if he did he would be able to a lot more things on the court that would make him a better all around player and put him in that Lebron/Wade tier.

Meticode
07-16-2011, 09:20 PM
He's not fat to me, but he's not in great physical shape either. He could definitely tone up and bring his body fat percentage down more than likely.

Scoooter
07-16-2011, 09:36 PM
He's a little chubby, but he's leaned out over the last couple of seasons. In any event, it doesn't seem to have hindered his game much. He's still got lighting-quick footwork, especially that first step.

Is He Ill
07-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I concur. BMI tells you a whole HELLUVA lot about your health. Are you underweight, average, or overweight....Hmmmm:pimp: I

According to BMI, I'm on the verge of being obese even though I lift and do cardio 6 days out of the week. When you are an athlete with more muscle than the average person, it doesn't tell you much at all. He does carry a little more fat than he should, but he is not even close to being obese. I don't understand why he wouldn't strive to get into peak shape either though. He's one of those guys who I think will be really good even after he ages and his body starts to deteriorate. I think it will be the opposite for Lebron.

Stuckey
07-16-2011, 10:13 PM
weird, bmi says i'm normal weight but i'm past my physical prime and i've gained some useless pounds over the past few years

bluechox2
07-16-2011, 10:24 PM
his fat is put to good use with his post game

unlike someone down in miami

z14h
07-16-2011, 10:32 PM

You kidding me? Melo shows no muscle outline. LBJ has bulging biceps to begin with.

Ikill
07-16-2011, 10:36 PM
You kidding me? Melo shows no muscle outline. LBJ has bulging biceps to begin with.
Melo has a muscle outline but having all those tattoos and being lighter skinned its harder to see.

Heat1011
07-16-2011, 10:38 PM
If Melo is overweight, then LeBron is obese.

swi7ch
07-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Like LeBron.

These two dudes would average 80 per game if they only had proper conditioning.

pauk
07-16-2011, 11:56 PM

1. lebron is 1 inch taller and has more muscle and still does circles around him.....

2. muscle weighs more than fat....... so it is possible for carmelo to have more fat than lets say lebron at that size and still weigh less........... simply because he doesnt have that much musclemass as lebron....

3. you are a retard.... carmelo posts up more only because he is not lebron.... lebron doesnt give you a chance by posting you up... any moron can post up.... doesnt even take much skill... if you are king kong and post somebody up for the first time in your life im sure you will back him down all the way to the hoop and just lay it in.......... no... lebron instead blows by you and jumps over you with his testies in your face...... .........

serously am sick of these lebron post up statements....... have you been watching anytime he posted up? he would ragdoll anybody with ease.... teams double-triple team lebron in the post immediately............. thats how he gets alot of his assists....... rtrd

pauk
07-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Like LeBron!?!?!?.

These two dudes would average 80 per game if they only had proper conditioning.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/umad91/gif%20reactions/blackbertstare.gif

Rowe
07-17-2011, 12:32 AM
1. lebron is 1 inch taller and has more muscle and still does circles around him.....

2. muscle weighs more than fat....... so it is possible for carmelo to have more fat than lets say lebron at that size and still weigh less........... simply because he doesnt have that much musclemass as lebron....

3. you are a retard.... carmelo posts up more only because he is not lebron.... lebron doesnt give you a chance by posting you up... any moron can post up.... doesnt even take much skill... if you are king kong and post somebody up for the first time in your life im sure you will back him down all the way to the hoop and just lay it in.......... no... lebron instead blows by you and jumps over you with his testies in your face...... .........

serously am sick of these lebron post up statements....... have you been watching anytime he posted up? he would ragdoll anybody with ease.... teams double-triple team lebron in the post immediately............. thats how he gets alot of his assists....... rtrd

Name me that game.

Post 1 game in which LeBron has "ran circles around Melo". Whenever they match up it is always a draw which goes to show what a real rivalry is about.

Rowe
07-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Melo should lose weight, though, NY is going to need him to play major minutes next year.
He has played major minutes his entire career.

I'm apalled at how a lot of these guys eat, too - you're a pro athlete in a sport that basically requires 40 minutes a night of wind sprints, how the hell can you have fat in your face?

As large athletes get older their faces get fatter, it comes as a result of an elevated calorie intake over a long period of time. Its just a natural occurence & it comes gradually.

You're forgetting that a 6'8 230lb man is a huge guy regardless. In order to be a professional athlete it is going to require a lot more to maintain physical shape at that size. That is proven by how these guys get once their career ends and they no longer need to get in "sports shape".

Heavincent
07-17-2011, 12:42 AM
If Carmelo is overweight, than I bet 90% of this forum would qualify as morbidly obese.

He's not even remotely close to being overweight. The guy is just extremely strong.

forensic91
07-17-2011, 12:43 AM
If Carmelo is overweight, than I bet 90% of this forum would qualify as morbidly obese.

He's not even remotely close to being overweight.

Agree. I bet that 99.99% of the people on this forum saying that he is fat are much fatter than him.

Rowe
07-17-2011, 12:47 AM

He's not even remotely close to being overweight.

Exactly. He came into the league listed at 220lbs. Hes probably around 230-240lbs right now following his 8th full NBA season.

An underweight forward would be 200-210lbs. Look at Nicolas Batum for example. Thats why I dont see the advocation by a few clueless members for him to go on a diet to drop 20-30lbs for the sake of what?

I.R.Beast
07-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Carmelo is the most unguardable SF in the NBA....What can you take away from him?.....His jumper is consistent. He's a beast on the Block, He can take you off the dribble with deadly hesitations, he has the best 1 dribble pull up in the game. He's very clutch. Carmelo is a monster.

BlazersDozen
07-17-2011, 12:55 AM
This is retarded. I hate when people call people like Melo FAT. He's not fat! He has a thick body type. People are born with different body types. People have different types of metabolisms. Just because a guy how no muscle deffinition & big cheeks or something doesn't mean he's fat...if he was fat then he'd look like Oliver Miller, which nor Paul Pierce or are close to.

imdaman99
07-17-2011, 02:15 AM
http://sandrarose.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Picture-415.jpg

im tryin to figure out if chick on left would get it...

yeah i would try. not sure if i could handle it though :lol

knickswin
07-17-2011, 02:25 AM
I don't see what the problem is, if anything it helps him be stronger and not get pushed off his spots.

I've heard people say his conditioning could be better but I don't notice anything. Maybe he should if you want him running around and dunking all game like Lebron and Wade but that's not his style anyway . . .

rodman91
07-17-2011, 07:18 AM
http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/8357/26cadancinggirlfallscri.gif

Joey3000
07-17-2011, 07:34 AM

That's what she said.

knicksman
07-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Exactly. He came into the league listed at 220lbs. Hes probably around 230-240lbs right now following his 8th full NBA season.

An underweight forward would be 200-210lbs. Look at Nicolas Batum for example. Thats why I dont see the advocation by a few clueless members for him to go on a diet to drop 20-30lbs for the sake of what?

for smoother game like kobe?me i really dont like post up esp for a perimter player. he should be penetrating or running through screens

Blue&Orange
07-17-2011, 09:07 AM
He is nowhere near being overweight, but he could be in better shape. According to him, he was too tired to run in a final possession game, i mean i'm sure a 42\17\6 game will tired you, but still.

thejumpa
07-17-2011, 09:28 AM
At the beginning of the season, he said he got down to 230. Even if he's at 250 I saw NO evidence that he was any slower. Dude is the quickest SF in the league and has been for some time. He isn't overweight just probably isn't taking training and all that as serious during the lockout. I don't blame on it...

Draz
07-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Nothings wrong with him? He's a big fella.

The_Yearning
07-17-2011, 10:28 AM
He's not fat, but with all that free time he has and cardio he does on the court, I expect his ass to be in much better shape. It's probably his diet... all the cardio he does on the court is canceled out by all the chicken he eats at home... probably the only thing Lala knows how to make.

pauk
07-17-2011, 10:41 AM
i dont think he is fat..... but he has a fat face lol

look at that shit... looks like he ran into a hive of bees....

http://sandrarose.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Picture-612.jpg

Faberg
07-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Not this shit again. :facepalm

postmupndunkit
07-17-2011, 03:04 PM
i dont think he is fat..... but he has a fat face lol

look at that shit... looks like he ran into a hive of bees....

http://sandrarose.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Picture-612.jpg
LOL good 1 :lol

I was thinking more along the lines of....... he was bobbing for candied apples that were hidden in a bee hive.:pimp:

gyu
07-17-2011, 03:26 PM
He's not fat when compared to an AVERAGE person, but for an athlete who pretty much does cardio every day and gets paid for it he sure does have a lot of body fat. That goes for a lot of NBA athletes and not just him, which really surprises me. For guys that get paid millions to exercise some just don't look any different from an average guy.

KevinNYC
07-17-2011, 03:30 PM
He is listed as 6 8 230lbs. I ain't buying it. He's gotta be 247-250, it's obvious he doesn't eat right or do crunches. [/URL]

So we're supposed to listen to a guy who thinks crunches help you lose weight?
Stop believing infomercials and educate yourself.

nbacardDOTnet
07-17-2011, 03:30 PM
his fat is put to good use with his post game

unlike someone down in miami

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/Carmelo%20Anthony/VS%20Lebron%20James/100218vs.gif

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/0%20cant%20stop/8cbb5817.gif

JChurches
07-17-2011, 04:08 PM
LOL @ anyone comparing Melo's physique to Lebron's. Carmello is carrying much more bodyfat, and it is ridiculously obvious. He uses the extra bulk well though.

- MD Class of 2014

JChurches
07-17-2011, 04:08 PM
LOL @ anyone comparing Melo's physique to Lebron's. Carmello is carrying much more bodyfat, and it is ridiculously obvious. He uses the extra bulk well though.

- MD Class of 2014

LeFraud James
07-18-2011, 04:58 PM
He reminds me of the Pillsbury Doughboy

Inactive
07-18-2011, 05:31 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/so8vgi.jpg

LBJ 23
07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
So we're supposed to listen to a guy who thinks crunches help you lose weight?
Stop believing infomercials and educate yourself.

This

MeLO MvP 15
07-18-2011, 07:19 PM

Lmao, this is one of the worst posts I've seen on this site. You have obviously never watched or played basketball if you think posting up is just simply using your size to push someone down and get a lay up... it takes skill.

knickswin
07-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Lmao, this is one of the worst posts I've seen on this site. You have obviously never watched or played basketball if you think posting up is just simply using your size to push someone down and get a lay up... it takes skill.

Seriously, Lebron's post-up game just isn't very good at all and it's plain as day when you watch him.

rodman91
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Seriously, Lebron's post-up game just isn't very good at all and it's plain as day when you watch him.

Its not fair to say Lebron's post-up game just isn't very good because he doesn't have any post-game.

ThaSwagg3r
07-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but he's probably around 17% body fat and should get it down to 10% (real 10% which most people seem to mistake for closer to 15%).
Seriously?? 17%?!?!! :oldlol:

Dude only had 8% body fat according to the Nuggets trainer in 2010. I really don't think he gained about 9% of body fat since. :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrOqIQVuCZ4

Melo has a Paul Pierce body-type. They aren't fast but they are both quick which is how they both create their own shot in the league

Quickness always reigns supreme than speed in basketball.

LeBron James has elite speed in the NBA, but he doesn't have the elite quickness anymore which is why he can't beat as many players off the dribble anymore. There aren't many players that are elite in both speed and quickness, the only three that come to mind are Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, and Dwyane Wade.

Ikill
07-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Dude only had 8% body fat according to the Nuggets trainer in 2010. I really don't think he gained about 9% of body fat since. :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrOqIQVuCZ4

Melo has a Paul Pierce body-type. They aren't fast but they are both quick which is how they both create their own shot in the league

Quickness always reigns supreme than speed in basketball.

LeBron James has elite speed in the NBA, but he doesn't have the elite quickness anymore which is why he can't beat as many players off the dribble anymore. There aren't many players that are elite in both speed and quickness, the only three that come to mind are Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, and Dwyane Wade.
Actually Melo is pretty fast too

ThaSwagg3r
07-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Actually Melo is pretty fast too
Not really, no. He isn't slow either, but I never see him do any really damage on the break besides finishing on a 3 on 1 or 3 on 2 fastbreak. He isn't a one man fast break like the Rose, Westbrook, Wall, LeBron, etc. of the league. It is just average or maybe slightly above it, nothing special though.

Trentknicks
07-20-2011, 12:24 AM

Did you ever consider that being ripped and super toned in basketball may actually be a disadvantage? Sure Melo isn't pumping out definition like Lebron but he does have a slight layer of fat which provides protection against all the contact he comes across in the paint.
:facepalm

PistonsFan#21
07-20-2011, 09:55 AM

Dude only had 8% body fat according to the Nuggets trainer in 2010.

That is pure BS. Melo is nowhere close to 8% bodyfat. He would have way more definition at 8% bodyfat. Carmelo is definately in the 16-18% bodyfat range.

http://www.grafxhq.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/carmelo2.jpg

Orlando Magic
07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
He's definitely not 230. I'm 6'7" barefoot, 6'8" with shoes. I've been 230 before and I looked like a rail compared to him. He's at least 245-250.

Ikill
07-20-2011, 10:31 AM
That is pure BS. Melo is nowhere close to 8% bodyfat. He would have way more definition at 8% bodyfat. Carmelo is definately in the 16-18% bodyfat range.

He was 8% at the combine too actually he does have some definition but its harder to see with all the tattoos and he has lighter skin. Cousins is 16% body fat People have different body types no matter how fat guys like Baron Davis or Shaq get they still somehow show definition.

PistonsFan#21
07-20-2011, 10:43 AM
He was 8% at the combine too actually he does have some definition but its harder to see with all the tattoos and he has lighter skin. Cousins is 16% body fat People have different body types no matter how fat guys like Baron Davis or Shaq get they still somehow show definition.

are you serious? tell me where you see the definition in this pic. Professional bodybuilders compete at 4-5% bodyfat and they are genetically gifted on top of being on crazy amounts of steroids. Dont even try and tell me Carmelo is at 8%. Im at 8-9% myself and i have a clear 6pack even when im not flexing.

Ikill
07-20-2011, 11:15 AM
are you serious? tell me where you see the definition in this pic. Professional bodybuilders compete at 4-5% bodyfat and they are genetically gifted on top of being on crazy amounts of steroids. Dont even try and tell me Carmelo is at 8%. Im at 8-9% myself and i have a clear 6pack even when im not flexing.
Why was he measured at 8% at the combine why do all his trainers say he is at 8%. Lebron doesn't even have a clear 6 pack

PistonsFan#21
07-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Why was he measured at 8% at the combine why do all his trainers say he is at 8%. Lebron doesn't even have a clear 6 pack

Lebron is at about 10% bodyfat. Maybe a bit lower. And they probably dont use a very accurate method to measure bodyfat.

Some of those trainers even said that Shaq was at 11-12% bodyfat during his days in Miami but we all know he wasnt even close to being that low

GoldNugg21
07-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Lebron is at about 10% bodyfat. Maybe a bit lower. And they probably dont use a very accurate method to measure bodyfat.

Some of those trainers even said that Shaq was at 11-12% bodyfat during his days in Miami but we all know he wasnt even close to being that low

Why the hell would an NBA trainer not have an accurate bodyfat measuring device? My tiny, broke public highschool had an accurate one 7 years ago.

And don't act as though you can tell how much bodyfat a person has just by looking at them. Peoples body types vary greatly, and as a result so does the amount of muscle definition they have. Shaq got in very good shape when he went to Miami, I don't see a reason to doubt those numbers. And Melo has always gotten flack for being chubby, but in reality its just his body type and his round face. He's got a baby face, makes him look way more chubby than he is.

PistonsFan#21
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Why the hell would an NBA trainer not have an accurate bodyfat measuring device? My tiny, broke public highschool had an accurate one 7 years ago.

And don't act as though you can tell how much bodyfat a person has just by looking at them. Peoples body types vary greatly, and as a result so does the amount of muscle definition they have. Shaq got in very good shape when he went to Miami, I don't see a reason to doubt those numbers. And Melo has always gotten flack for being chubby, but in reality its just his body type and his round face. He's got a baby face, makes him look way more chubby than he is.

Im not saying i can say exactly how much bodyfat he has but i would bet you any amount of money that hes way over 8% bodyfat in the picture i posted. Those trainers probably lie on his bodyfat% just to make themselves and their training method look better the same way the NBA sometimes lie about players height.

Anyone with a little bit of training knowledge would laugh at you for believing such claims

Ikill
07-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Im not saying i can say exactly how much bodyfat he has but i would bet you any amount of money that hes way over 8% bodyfat in the picture i posted. Those trainers probably lie on his bodyfat% just to make themselves and their training method look better the same way the NBA sometimes lie about players height.

Anyone with a little bit of training knowledge would laugh at you for believing such claims
why would they lie at the combine tho?

GoldNugg21
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Oh please. You're telling me that trainers lie about body fat percentages to make themselves look good? You really think someone looking into hiring them is gonna look at some published body fat number to see if they do a good job or not? Freakin laughable. Posted height and weight is a different matter, because the NBA has no set system for getting up to date statistics in those areas. But I have no reason to believe a trainer would lie about body fat percentage that they measured during training camp. Or, for that matter, at the scouting combine. There's simply no reason to.

Melo at 8% bodyfat looks less defined than you at 8%. Just how it is. And realistically, no one looking at those pictures can honestly say he looks higher than 12. The guy may not be entirely cut like a Lebron, but he is sure as hell in damn good shape.

bluechox2
07-20-2011, 12:55 PM
nugg jersey doesnt melo wonders
when i saw him don a ny jersey, he did look a bit overweight
but that doesnt meen hes slow or anything

ThaSwagg3r
07-20-2011, 02:08 PM

That wasn't Carmelo in 2010. And no you can't tell someone's body fat by a bunch of random pictures.

16-18%??? He would look like a retired offensive lineman. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more in the 10-12% range, but 16-18% would almost be impossible to have and play in the NBA at the same time.

LA_Showtime
07-20-2011, 02:42 PM

:facepalm

Most devices don't accurately gauge your body fat.

If Anthony was truly 8% body fat he would at the minimum have defined abs. Most people can see their abs around 10-11%, while some people can even see them around 14-15%.

Either way, this thread is stupid. Anthony clearly isn't overweight. I do think he'd benefit from lifting more weights, though. It's obvious that he doesn't do that on a regular basis.

PistonsFan#21
07-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Oh please. You're telling me that trainers lie about body fat percentages to make themselves look good? You really think someone looking into hiring them is gonna look at some published body fat number to see if they do a good job or not? Freakin laughable. Posted height and weight is a different matter, because the NBA has no set system for getting up to date statistics in those areas. But I have no reason to believe a trainer would lie about body fat percentage that they measured during training camp. Or, for that matter, at the scouting combine. There's simply no reason to.

Melo at 8% bodyfat looks less defined than you at 8%. Just how it is. And realistically, no one looking at those pictures can honestly say he looks higher than 12. The guy may not be entirely cut like a Lebron, but he is sure as hell in damn good shape.

Anyone that gets down to 8% bodyfat will have abs showing. Probably not to the same extent but still abs nonetheless. you are seriously stupid for even arguing this. And 16% doesnt mean he is in a bad shape. You can carry more bodyfat and still be in a good shape.

PistonsFan#21
07-20-2011, 04:51 PM
That wasn't Carmelo in 2010. And no you can't tell someone's body fat by a bunch of random pictures.

16-18%??? He would look like a retired offensive lineman. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more in the 10-12% range, but 16-18% would almost be impossible to have and play in the NBA at the same time.

how old are you seriously? you dont know anything about bodyfat% do you?

the average of an offensive lineman was between 21 and 24% in 2007 with the lowest guy being at around 17%.

All Net
07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
How old is that melo pic?

PistonsFan#21
07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
for all of the ignorant people in this thread, check this link out: http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=31392

it shows numerous different people at different bodyfat percentages. Check what those of them that are under 10% bodyfat look like and compare them to that pic of Carmelo

ThaSwagg3r
07-20-2011, 04:57 PM
how old are you seriously? you dont know anything about bodyfat% do you?

the average of an offensive lineman was between 21 and 24% in 2007 with the lowest guy being at around 17%.
Who am I going to believe? You a.k.a some random dude on the internet looking at a bunch of pictures of Melo shirtless or a personal trainer who has the devices to weigh one's body fat? :confusedshrug:

How old is that melo pic?
Not in 2010, which was when his trainer weighed him at 8% body fat.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

Ikill
07-20-2011, 05:08 PM
for all of the ignorant people in this thread, check this link out: http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=31392

it shows numerous different people at different bodyfat percentages. Check what those of them that are under 10% bodyfat look like and compare them to that pic of Carmelo
maybe height has a big part to do with it

PistonsFan#21
07-21-2011, 12:33 AM
maybe height has a big part to do with it

Do you even know what bodyfat percentage is? or do you even know how percentages work?

mentallooser
07-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Judging every body by the same standard is silly. Melo does just fine, and if he gets fairly out of shape in the offseason it really does not make that big of a difference. When you have been getting in shape for a certain amount of time, it takes next to no time to get back in playing shape again. Yes he's a pudgy looking guy. I've never however watched him play and though "If only he was a bit less fat he could do <insert skill here>"

There are plenty of guys in the world his general size with much lower body fat who couldn't do any of the things that he does.