PDA

View Full Version : Jared Sullinger measures 6'10" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan.

Grinder
07-22-2011, 12:27 AM
At the Amar'e skills academy. He weighed in at 281 lbs.

Can we stop calling him undersized now?

At 6'10", he's not really that undersized for a center either.

EnoughSaid
07-22-2011, 12:28 AM
This dude will dominate. I just hope he gets a nasty post game. We finally will have some talent at the C spot with him, Cousinz and Hibbert developing.

CLTHornets4eva
07-22-2011, 12:31 AM

Don't buy it. His agent must have paid Amare some serious cash. 6'9" or below.

Rowe
07-22-2011, 12:34 AM

Agreed.

As crazy as it seems, this measurement listing him at 6'10 just turned him from the 8-14 Lottery range next year to guaranteed Top 5 pick.

chazzy
07-22-2011, 12:35 AM
How is his defense? Didn't watch much of him last season

Sarcastic
07-22-2011, 12:35 AM
280 at 19 years old?

Future Eddy Curry.

Grinder
07-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Agreed.

As crazy as it seems, this measurement listing him at 6'10 just turned him from the 8-14 Lottery range next year to guaranteed Top 5 pick.

People have way too many concerns about big men that don't play above the rim, but the way Sullinger plays is ridiculously efficient and shouldn't have too much trouble translating over the NBA. He's great at using his body to carve out space in the lane and has excellent touch around the rim. The new generation of younger centers like DeAndre Jordan and Javale McGee have a length advantage over him but very few have the girth he does.

280 at 19 years old?

Future Eddy Curry.

Love how much Kevin Love has trimmed down. Sullinger isn't even really fat, he's just a big boned thick dude. That said, his ideal playing weight is probably 265-270.

Rowe
07-22-2011, 12:45 AM
280 at 19 years old?

Future Eddy Curry.
:pimp:

His father is a highly respected veteran HS coach. Im sure he'll be putting him through the ringer this summer/fall to get him down to a better playing weight at about 265.

Sarcastic
07-22-2011, 12:46 AM
People have way too many concerns about big men that don't play above the rim, but the way Sullinger plays is ridiculously efficient and shouldn't have too much trouble translating over the NBA. He's great at using his body to carve out space in the lane and has excellent touch around the rim. The new generation of younger centers like DeAndre Jordan and Javale McGee have a length advantage over him but very few have the girth he does.

Love how much Kevin Love has trimmed down. Sullinger isn't even really fat, he's just a big boned thick dude. That said, his ideal playing weight is probably 265-270.

Eddy Curry is big boned too, and his ideal playing weight was probably around the same. Let's see if Sullinger can keep in shape for his career.

blacknapalm
07-22-2011, 04:15 AM
i read he lost a lot of weight recently. remember, bynum was practically obese in HS and he turned out okay. anyway, i see him as the next al jefferson/elton brand type player. not explosively athletic like either of those guys but good footwork and he already shows patience in the post. he has to get better at getting in position quicker and re-posting but i think he'll be fine.

InspiredLebowski
07-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Don't buy it at all. JaJuan Johnson measured 6'10 at the combine and he absolutely had height on Sullinger. Can't find any pictures with both of them standing straight up.

Grinder
07-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Don't buy it at all. JaJuan Johnson measured 6'10 at the combine and he absolutely had height on Sullinger. Can't find any pictures with both of them standing straight up.

Sullinger was 18 most of the season. There's the possibility that could have grown an inch or so since then. I don't think there's as much height difference between the two than meets the eye. Johnson is extremely skinny and long and looks taller even if they're the same height.

GOBB
07-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Most of the stuff I read during the draft he hovered between 6'8-6'9. 6'10 would be crazy, because he would have had to grow some or no one really had accurate measurements to begin with? Or maybe his height listing was outdated and he grew but never did an official mesaurement until now? Interesting stuff nonetheless.

I think what will help his game moreso than an inch or two is losing weight.

imdaman99
07-22-2011, 02:26 PM
he didn't look 6'10. he looked like corliss williamson did in college. undersized but bigger (stronger/wider) than everyone else so he bullied his way to a very successful college career. not like the late tractor traylor, but corliss williamson wasnt a bad NBA player... good bench player on a contending team (Kings).

cavsfanatic
07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
You know people still grow at 18 right?

GiveItToBurrito
07-22-2011, 07:24 PM

Sounds like he'll be the next Al Jefferson, both in terms of effectiveness and strengths and weaknesses. It'll be interesting to see who drafts him, he probably wouldn't work in Cleveland or Minnesota, but he could really shine in Toronto next to Valanciunas or in Washington next to McGee.

GOBB
07-22-2011, 08:27 PM
You know people still grow at 18 right?

Wild guess, you're an OSU fan?

Scoooter
07-22-2011, 08:45 PM
6'10" "in shoes" at some camp? He could be 6'7" (as he looks) for ****'s sake. Kevin Love get's listed at 6'10", and he's under 6'8". Some of these numbers have no relationship to reality. :facepalm At this point, you're just as well off saying he's 4'11" or a grajillion feet tall.

Collie
07-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah, he could be wearing shoes with like 3-inches of sole. Barefoot is still the best and most accurate measure.

GOBB
07-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Yeah, he could be wearing shoes with like 3-inches of sole. Barefoot is still the best and most accurate measure.

Last I checked every NBA player plays with shoes on. :confusedshrug:

So how accurate or relevant is a players height without shoes?

Grinder
07-22-2011, 09:21 PM
6'10" "in shoes" at some camp? He could be 6'7" (as he looks) for ****'s sake. Kevin Love get's listed at 6'10", and he's under 6'8". Some of these numbers have no relationship to reality. :facepalm At this point, you're just as well off saying he's 4'11" or a grajillion feet tall.

Kevin Love is 6'9.5" in shoes. That's why he gets listed at 6'10".

Scoooter
07-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Last I checked every NBA player plays with shoes on. :confusedshrug:

So how accurate or relevant is a players height without shoes?
How accurate or relevant are any of these numbers? They're not listing their heights. If every NBA player was wearing the same shoes it may hold some merit, but as it is, you may as well take the measurements while they're standing on chairs and wearing hats. Charles Barkley was somewhere between 6'3" and 6'6", and it didn't matter a bit. It's all bullshit.

Scoooter
07-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Kevin Love is 6'9.5" in shoes. That's why he gets listed at 6'10".
I know. Kevin Love is 6'7" and change, and he gets listed a 6'10".

Seriously though, are these guys showing up for combine workouts in logging boots? A two inch height gain from a pair of basketball shoes? I'd feel safer playing on stilts.

Grinder
07-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I know. Kevin Love is 6'7" and change, and he gets listed a 6'10".

Maybe because Kevin Love is ~6'10" on the basketball court when he is wearing shoes.

The shoes they get measured in are the shoes they wear to the combine/camp where they perform drills and actually play ball. It's not like they're wearing super high platformed shoes just for the sake of boosting their measurement.

The actual heights (1 or 2 inches here or there) aren't that relevant with regards to their play on court but you constantly see players' stocks fall and rise in the draft process due to it.

Scoooter
07-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Maybe because Kevin Love is ~6'10" on the basketball court when he is wearing shoes.

The shoes they get measured in are the shoes they wear to the combine/camp. It's not like they're wearing super high platformed shoes just for the sake of boosting their measurement.

The actual heights (1 or 2 inches here or there) aren't that relevant with regards to their play on court but you constantly see players' stocks fall and rise in the draft process due to it.
I know, it's completely insane. Are the scouts looking at these things complete idiots? You know the guy is not quite 6'8", and you're comparing him to other guys who aren't quite 6'8", but those guys are listed at 6'10" so you can't make a decision until you get him in a pair of shoes and artificially inflate his height just like has happened to all the other guys. Then you'll feel better about drafting him.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Grinder
07-22-2011, 09:41 PM
I know, it's completely insane. Are the scouts looking at these things complete idiots? You know the guy is not quite 6'8", and you're comparing him to other guys who aren't quite 6'8", but those guys are listed at 6'10" so you can't make a decision until you get him in a pair of shoes and artificially inflate his height just like has happened to all the other guys. Then you'll feel better about drafting him.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

I don't quite understand either. They place too much emphasis on these things which leads to guys like Saer Sene getting drafted in the lottery while guys like Carl Landry and Paul Millsap routinely drop into the 2nd round.

Just this year, Nikola Vucevic went from a fringe 1st round pick to a mid first rounder pretty much based on the fact that he's a legit 7 footer with a big wingspan. It's not like skillset suddenly changed, yet that 1-2" difference in measurement is enough to boost him 15 spots in the draft. :wtf:

Rowe
07-22-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't quite understand either. They place too much emphasis on these things which leads to guys like Saer Sene getting drafted in the lottery while guys like Carl Landry and Paul Millsap routinely drop into the 2nd round.

Just this year, Nikola Vucevic went from a fringe 1st round pick to a mid first rounder pretty much based on the fact that he's a legit 7 footer with a big wingspan. It's not like skillset suddenly changed, yet that 1-2" difference in measurement is enough to boost him 15 spots in the draft. :wtf:
Yes.

NBA has always been crazy about heights & the vertical leap. Its also interesting when guys who are 7'0 in shoes refuse to be listed at 7'0 because they dont want to be considered "7 footers". Specifically guys like Walton, KG, & Duncan.

Pinkhearts
07-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Lebron is 6'10 in shoes. I guess he should try playing center.

Bynum is 7'3 in shoes. Wow whatta monster.

Durant is definitely over 7ft in shoes. He really should convert to center or at least PF next season.

Grinder
07-22-2011, 11:22 PM

Durant is definitely over 7ft in shoes. He really should convert to center or at least PF next season.

lmao @ attempting to be clever and failing to read any posts

Aside from the fact that none of those heights are remotely correct, none of those guys ever had an undersized label and had people doubting their ability to effectively play their position in the NBA like people often question Sullinger.

RedBlackAttack
07-23-2011, 12:00 AM

Generally, players' listed heights are what they measured in shoes... And, a lot of times, those numbers are even generous.

No, James is not 6-foot-10 in shoes. :oldlol:

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 01:23 AM
lmao @ attempting to be clever and failing to read any posts

Aside from the fact that none of those heights are remotely correct, none of those guys ever had an undersized label and had people doubting their ability to effectively play their position in the NBA like people often question Sullinger.

Ha then what do you think the heights of the players are in shoes then?

They are not undersized because nobody are calling them centers and powerfowards. But we have fools here calling Sullinger a centerbecause he is listed as 6'10 in shoes :roll: :roll:

Time for some logical reasoning lessons here:hammerhead:

Scoooter
07-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Also, it's important to remember that Sullinger isn't some freak athlete like Barkley was. Barkley could weigh 265 lbs. and still fly. Sullinger looks like he has a six inch vertical. He should watch a lot of Zach Randolph tape before he gets to the NBA.

Grinder
07-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Pinkhearts needs to take his own advice about taking logical reasoning lessons. :lol

GOBB
07-23-2011, 11:43 AM
What is pinkharts babbling about? Bron 6'10 in shoes? Sullinger has never been labelled undersized? Factis if he is 6-10 he can play center. Elton brand has played some center. Amare started at center. You should follow the point. Then again probably will miss it like u did grinders

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Pinkhearts needs to take his own advice about taking logical reasoning lessons. :lol

How about taking your own advice and start providing evidence and arguments instead of simply shooting your mouth with no material :lol :oldlol: :roll:

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 12:03 PM
What is pinkharts babbling about? Bron 6'10 in shoes? Sullinger has never been labelled undersized? Factis if he is 6-10 he can play center. Elton brand has played some center. Amare started at center. You should follow the point. Then again probably will miss it like u did grinders

Sure because you think Elton Brand and Amare are legit centers. :roll: Of course he is not undersized compared to these "huge centers" !:oldlol: Way to push a faulty point!:hammerhead:

jlauber
07-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Are we supposed to be impressed by a 6-10 player (in SHOES) with a 7-1 wingspan?

For those that may be interested...Wilt would have measured over 7-3 in SHOES, and he had a MEASURED 7-8 wingspan. Russell was easily 6-10 in SHOES, and he supposedly had a higher reach than 7-2 Kareem (who would have been close to 7-4 in SHOES.) And Nate Thurmond was 6-11 (and over 7-0 in SHOES) and he had a higher reach than Chamberlain.

Lebron23
07-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Jared Sullinger is probably 6'8.5" without shoes, and 6'10" in his sneakers. LeBron has the same wingspan measurement as Sullinger.

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Lemme guess you retards think that Duncan is the greatest PF of all time right?

Amare is a great center right

So is Al Jefferson?

:roll:

GOBB
07-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Are we supposed to be impressed by a 6-10 player (in SHOES) with a 7-1 wingspan?

For those that may be interested...Wilt would have measured over 7-3 in SHOES, and he had a MEASURED 7-8 wingspan. Russell was easily 6-10 in SHOES, and he supposedly had a higher reach than 7-2 Kareem (who would have been close to 7-4 in SHOES.) And Nate Thurmond was 6-11 (and over 7-0 in SHOES) and he had a higher reach than Chamberlain.

Where they considered undersized like sullinger?

InspiredLebowski
07-23-2011, 12:13 PM

Just this year, Nikola Vucevic went from a fringe 1st round pick to a mid first rounder pretty much based on the fact that he's a legit 7 footer with a big wingspan. It's not like skillset suddenly changed, yet that 1-2" difference in measurement is enough to boost him 15 spots in the draft. :wtf:Completely disagree on Vucevic. Maybe his size had something to do with it, but his actual skill level had a lot more importance. Same kinda deal as Favors a couple years ago, very good player whose stats aren't too impressive because the guards on his team were chuckers that had no idea what an entry pass was. Neither coach helped either. I'm a big Vucevic believer, he could/should be a legitimate starting NBA 5 some day.

GOBB
07-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Lemme guess you retards think that Duncan is the greatest PF of all time right?

Amare is a great center right

So is Al Jefferson?

:roll:

What are you even talkin about? The point is Sullinger is labelled an undersized fat kid who will have trouble playing 4. If he is 6'10 in shoes given hs wingspan at that? He's not so undersized to play the 4 and in fact could play some 5. My point with amare is he played Center as did brand. Are they ideal? Ate they legit centers? No. But in the NBA guys can play more than one position if the case calls for it. That's all that is said. Sullinger measures better than people think = point of the thread.

We are not doin calculus here

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Where they considered undersized like sullinger?

See here shows how incapable you are of following logical thought. The point here is that Sullinger IS undersized to play center. Allow me to explain things to you as simply as I can.

- OP comes in saying Sullinger is not undersized. Posts his height in shoes and weight.

- Other posters state that height in shoes measurement is misleading and he is indeed undersized. Posts similar players like Kevin Love as an example

- More debate on how size in shoes is misleading for many players.

-Girl posts that if Lebron and Durant and Bynum were listed as their height in shoes, they'd look like beasts who are definite centers. Got hated on by dumb haters.

- Fool claims that Amare and Elton Brand are legit centers and are the same size as Sullinger so Sullinger is not undersized, totally missing the point that the guys he is using are all undersized.

- Poster states that 6'10 in shoes is nothing to shout about as many SFs are that height and many old great centers greatly surpass that height.

- Fool asks whether those guys are undersized, completely missing the point that the real centers listed are really big and Sullinger is undersized when compared to a real center.

Are you capable of following the discussion now? :hammerhead:

Grinder
07-23-2011, 12:29 PM
What are you even talkin about? The point is Sullinger is labelled an undersized fat kid who will have trouble playing 4. If he is 6'10 in shoes given hs wingspan at that? He's not so undersized to play the 4 and in fact could play some 5. My point with amare is he played Center as did brand. Are they ideal? Ate they legit centers? No. But in the NBA guys can play more than one position if the case calls for it. That's all that is said. Sullinger measures better than people think = point of the thread.

Amen. Sounds like a kid who can't comprehend the point of the thread. I never said he's a legit center, I said he has the size to and could play it if need be. :lol

Completely disagree on Vucevic. Maybe his size had something to do with it, but his actual skill level had a lot more importance. Same kinda deal as Favors a couple years ago, very good player whose stats aren't too impressive because the guards on his team were chuckers that had no idea what an entry pass was. Neither coach helped either. I'm a big Vucevic believer, he could/should be a legitimate starting NBA 5 some day.

He's always been effective and productive at USC but it seems like his draft stock really took off after his measurements were favorable compared to Enes Kanter. I've always thought on skill set alone that he could be a first rounder but he was overlooked in draft discussions until only a month or so before the draft. I was pretty adamant up to the draft that the Sixers should take Vucevic and I'm glad we did. I'm worried about his ability to defend some of the more athletic 5s though.

We'll see him against some really good centers in Eurobasket coming up.

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 12:31 PM

Looks like this is as complicated as calculus to you, even when it is so simple.

The point of this thread is stating that Sullinger IS an undersized fat kid. Playing him at center will be a disaster. Your point that Amare and Brand played center is totally irrelevant as those guys are too undersized to play center. Sure Sullinger could play center if the case calls for it, but so can Chuck Hayes. But should he be playing center? No!

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Amen. Sounds like a kid who can't comprehend the point of the thread. I never said he's a legit center, I said he has the size to and could play it if need be. :lol

Fool agreeing with a fool lol :roll:

GOBB
07-23-2011, 01:24 PM
How can you call anyone a fool when you said Lebron was 6'10 with shoes? :oldlol:

And Sullinger playing Center would be about as much of a disaster as Spencer Hawes. Go chew on that idiot.

Last I checked this league is weak at Center. If I asked you to rank the top 20 Centers you would need google and askjeeves to help you.

DCL
07-23-2011, 02:10 PM
why are people getting so excited over eddy curry clone?

ILLsmak
07-23-2011, 03:32 PM
This dude will dominate. I just hope he gets a nasty post game. We finally will have some talent at the C spot with him, Cousinz and Hibbert developing.

His post game is already his strong point...

-Smak

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 11:00 PM
How can you call anyone a fool when you said Lebron was 6'10 with shoes? :oldlol:

And Sullinger playing Center would be about as much of a disaster as Spencer Hawes. Go chew on that idiot.

Last I checked this league is weak at Center. If I asked you to rank the top 20 Centers you would need google and askjeeves to help you.

Obviously the Lebron is 6'10 in shoes is a play on how stupid you guys are with your comments. LEbron is 6'9 in shoes anyway so it's not that far off. I was using a popular player as an example.

Spencer Hawes is listed as 7'1. Your idol is only 6'10 in shoes. Ha!

Yes the league is weak at center so Amare and Brand can get away playing C in a few games. But having them at center shows how weak your team is and you will never win with them playing center at the playoffs.

Ikill
07-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Obviously the Lebron is 6'10 in shoes is a play on how stupid you guys are with your comments. LEbron is 6'9 in shoes anyway so it's not that far off. I was using a popular player as an example.

Spencer Hawes is listed as 7'1. Your idol is only 6'10 in shoes. Ha!

Yes the league is weak at center so Amare and Brand can get away playing C in a few games. But having them at center shows how weak your team is and you will never win with them playing center at the playoffs.
no Lebron is not 6'9 in shoes http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/LeBron-James-2967/

Ikill
07-23-2011, 11:03 PM
standing reach is most important

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 11:26 PM
no Lebron is not 6'9 in shoes http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/LeBron-James-2967/

Old. Measurement taken when Lebron was 17. He has grown an inch since then.

Lebron himself has stated he is 6'9 in shoes several times.

Unless you are happy telling everyone here LEbron is actually 6'7?

Scoooter
07-23-2011, 11:30 PM

Wouldn't be the slightest bit surprising considering the way the NBA plays with guys' heights. But even draft express him taller than 6'7", so there's that. I'd bet hes just under 6'8" in his bare feet.

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Wouldn't be the slightest bit surprising considering the way the NBA plays with guys' heights. But even draft express him taller than 6'7", so there's that. I'd bet hes just under 6'8" in his bare feet.

I'll see how well it goes down if you go around telling people Lebron is 6'7 rounded down slightly ha. I'll take up whatever you are willing to bet that Lebron is 6'8 barefoot and 6'9 in shoes.

Scoooter
07-23-2011, 11:38 PM
I'll see how well it goes down if you go around telling people Lebron is 6'7 rounded down slightly ha. I'll take up whatever you are willing to bet that Lebron is 6'8 barefoot and 6'9 in shoes.
At best, we're talking about a quarter inch difference. I'd say something like 6'7 & 3/4". Not that it really matters at all.

Pinkhearts
07-23-2011, 11:41 PM
At best, we're talking about a quarter inch difference. I'd say something like 6'7 & 3/4". Not that it really matters at all.

Time for USAns to use the metric system.

6'7.25 at age 17, probably 6'8+ at 21. Not unreasonable.

Scoooter
07-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Time for USAns to use the metric system.

6'7.25 at age 17, probably 6'8+ at 21. Not unreasonable.
What's this probably bullshit? There's no probably about it. It wouldn't be unreasonable if he hadn't grown at all. I was like, almost 6'1" when I was 15. Guess how tall I am now? The exact same. ****ing non-NBA genes. :mad:

Lebron23
07-24-2011, 02:26 AM
What's this probably bullshit? There's no probably about it. It wouldn't be unreasonable if he hadn't grown at all. I was like, almost 6'1" when I was 15. Guess how tall I am now? The exact same. ****ing non-NBA genes. :mad:

Bismarck Biyombo grew 0.56 inches after he was previously measured at 6'7 3/4" without shoes in the Nike Hoop Summit. His Official height without shoes is 6'8.31". His late growth spurt proves that he's also telling his real age.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bismack-Biyombo-5902/

Scoooter
07-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Christian Eyenga grew 0.56 inches after he was previously measured at 6'7 3/4" without shoes in the Nike Hoop Summit. His Official height without shoes is 6'8.31".

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bismack-Biyombo-5902/
You linked to the draftexpress.com profile of Bismack Byombo, who I assume you were talking about. Skyenga, who plays for the Cavs, I think is only, like, 6'5".

Besides, half an inch in the corrupt and unreliable world of NBA prospect height measurement? You can't be that accurate and take that shit seriously. Who knows what the **** is going on out there. 6'10" Michael Beasely turned out to actually be 6'7" and change. Define "official". It's all bullshit.

NotYetGreat
07-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Shoes + Socks + Even more pairs of socks = Padded height

I think they really should measure them with AND without shoes.

Scoooter
07-24-2011, 02:32 AM

Or just without shoes. The "in shoes" measurement is worthless.

Lebron23
07-24-2011, 02:37 AM

QUOTE=Scoooter]Or just without shoes. The "in shoes" measurement is worthless.[/QUOTE]

Just like in the PBA, but they are finally listing their players height without shoes in their official website. It looks kinda weird.

http://www.pba.ph/teams/player/359

http://www.pba.ph/teams/player/271

Scoooter
07-24-2011, 02:39 AM
The only weird part is a Filipino guy being 6'6". What the **** were they feeding that mutant?

Lebron23
07-24-2011, 02:43 AM
The only weird part is a Filipino guy being 6'6". What the **** were they feeding that mutant?

Most of the tall players here are Half American or Fil-Foreign Players. Jay-R Reyes is a natural born Filipino player. His parents are probably tall. I think the average height of PBA Players is 6'3". The tallest player is Aguilar at 6'8", and Greg Slaughter 6'11". ( Played in the Invitational tournament)

Scoooter
07-24-2011, 02:50 AM
I went to college with a few Filipino guys. One guy in my dorm sophomore year was 5'2" on a good day. Biggest calves I've ever seen though. Went to the gym all the time. I bet he could squat, like, 300+ lbs.

Pinkhearts
07-24-2011, 08:25 AM
You linked to the draftexpress.com profile of Bismack Byombo, who I assume you were talking about. Skyenga, who plays for the Cavs, I think is only, like, 6'5".

Besides, half an inch in the corrupt and unreliable world of NBA prospect height measurement? You can't be that accurate and take that shit seriously. Who knows what the **** is going on out there. 6'10" Michael Beasely turned out to actually be 6'7" and change. Define "official". It's all bullshit.
The 6'10 was a bullshit measurement, 6'7 was the official pre-draft measurement.

Pinkhearts
07-24-2011, 08:27 AM

Lebron said himself he is 6'9 in shoes, so let's give him the benefit of doubt hmm? Even though he is a proven lying scumbag. So yes it is very reasonable that he grew an inch since 17 years old.

Ikill
07-24-2011, 10:13 AM

He was 18 and no Lebron did not grow. Yes people do grow after 18 but Lebron is not one of them dude was looking way too old.

Scoooter
07-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Lebron said himself he is 6'9 in shoes, so let's give him the benefit of doubt hmm?

Even though he is a proven lying scumbag. So yes it is very reasonable that he grew an inch since 17 years old.
:wtf:

Pinkhearts, you need to try and make a somewhat graceful exit from this thread. It was a complete nonstarter for you.

mrhoopfan
07-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Love this guy's game. Reminds me of right-handed Zach Randolp............gms fear is he'll be Mike Sweetney 2.0

Swaggin916
07-25-2011, 02:39 AM
He'd be a better fit at the 4. Let him bang against smaller players.

Scoooter
07-25-2011, 02:42 AM
He'd be a better fit at the 4. Let him bang against smaller players.
I don't think anyone is advocating he would be a better, or even good fit at the five spot, just that he could handle himself there in a pinch. I disagree, because I think he'll turn out smaller when better measurements come in, but the informed consensus seems to be that he's a power forward, undersized or not.

InspiredLebowski
07-25-2011, 04:05 AM
Regardless of what his actual measurements are, the kid uses his body extremely well. His feet are stellar for a player his age and while he's obviously not gonna be swatting shots into the rafters he knows how to get into a guy legally and effect his shot on defense. He's absolutely a + level starting NBA 4.

Pinkhearts
07-25-2011, 06:43 AM

:wtf:

Pinkhearts, you need to try and make a somewhat graceful exit from this thread. It was a complete nonstarter for you.

Well you haven't even made an entrance. LOL at you retards. Lebron himself said he was 6'9. Should I believe you guys know his growth better than the man himself?

madmax
07-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Well you haven't even made an entrance. LOL at you retards. Lebron himself said he was 6'9. Should I believe you guys know his growth better than the man himself?
Lebron is easily 6'9 in shoes - there's not much to discuss here really. He is the same height as Carlos Boozer for pete's sake

InspiredLebowski
07-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Homo mode activated

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-phUvichQ6xU/Ti2FI3BfO4I/AAAAAAAAFWk/XDB7L6hukQY/s1600/h0sojlikj.jpeg

Eddy Curry my ass

Scoooter
07-25-2011, 12:11 PM

Even though he is a proven lying scumbag. So yes it is very reasonable that he grew an inch since 17 years old.
:confusedshrug:

Scoooter
07-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Homo mode activated

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-phUvichQ6xU/Ti2FI3BfO4I/AAAAAAAAFWk/XDB7L6hukQY/s1600/h0sojlikj.jpeg

Eddy Curry my ass
Would you want him on the Pacers? Next year's draft class could be completely loaded.

InspiredLebowski
07-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Would you want him on the Pacers? Next year's draft class could be completely loaded.There's obviously guys I'd want more, a longer armed guy (regardless of these IMO bullshit measurements) that's a strong at the rim defensive presence, Thomas Robinson's a guy I'm hoping'll be there in the Pacers range (15-18 I hope). But I certainly wouldn't complain if Sullinger wound up here.

Pinkhearts
07-26-2011, 07:07 AM

:confusedshrug:

What do you fail to understand from those quotes? I know your comprehension is lacking, so ask and I can clarify it better for you.

Lebron23
01-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Watched him today againts Illinois. He's good. I hope the Pistons get a top 5 pick next season. I want to see a Monroe and Sullinger front court.

cuad
01-11-2012, 10:37 AM
If J. Sullinger is your center then you're going to have one undersized team.

Have fun playing against 7'1 Gasol and 7'2 Bynum.

Qwyjibo
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Do not want on the Raptors.

EllisGW
01-11-2012, 12:14 PM
take him in a top 5 pick would be awful

he was the two double negatives

not athletic and no midrange game

DStebb716
01-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Exact same size as Andrew Nicholson of St. Bonaventure University. Only difference between the two is the Sullinger has much better body size. Nicholson has been said to have the best post moves in all of college basketball, and he has a consistent jump shot. Will be a late first rounder.

wang4three
01-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Sullinger is kind of a throwback PF. He's not going to blow you away with athleticism, but he's got great touch and solid go-to moves from the post. He looks like he's adding a jumper too. He's gonna be of the Zach Randolph, Al Jefferson type of PF. He's just one of those below-the-rim players.

wang4three
01-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Exact same size as Andrew Nicholson of St. Bonaventure University. Only difference between the two is the Sullinger has much better body size. Nicholson has been said to have the best post moves in all of college basketball, and he has a consistent jump shot. Will be a late first rounder.

I saw Nicholson when he played against Illinois. He's pretty solid. Don't know how well he'll translate though, he still kinda takes bad shots (or atleast he did against us).