PDA

View Full Version : LeBron would beat Kobe One on One

ForeverHeat
07-26-2011, 05:51 PM
In a game to 21, Lebron would undoubtedly defeat Kobe.

Lebron is taller, more athletic and more powerful. He can also jump higher, block harder and drive alot more. When Lebron is running at the rim, there is no one man in the world who can stop him, including Kobe. But when Kobe drives, Lebron could occasionally get the block or use his body mass to get Kobe off balance mid air. Kobe would have to be shooting lights out, but that is unlikely given Lebrons length which would bother Kobe alot imo. I just dont see how Kobe fans can claim he would defeat Lebron James one on one.

Discuss.

BlueandGold
07-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Have you ever played a game of 1 on 1 basketball ever in your life? I repeatedly beat players who are bigger stronger and faster than me in the gym. I'm not talking about a huge discrepancy here but then again the discrepancy isn't exactly huge when it comes to kobe and lebron. It's called wanting to kill your opponent. Something you and Lebron never learned, not even from Wade.

Kobe 4 The Win
07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah, it's too bad they don't give out the Larry O'brien trophy for games of one on one.

ForeverHeat
07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, it's too bad they don't give out the Larry O'brien trophy for games of one on one.

Kobe won 5 titles playing one on one. Dude need to pass more.

BlueandGold
07-26-2011, 05:57 PM
lol how is this a knock against Kobe again? Trolls are sh1t these days.

ImmortalD24
07-26-2011, 05:58 PM
current LeBron would definitely beat this Kobe 1on1.

Athletic Peaks? I have my money on 02-03 Kobe.

ForeverHeat
07-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Have you ever played a game of 1 on 1 basketball ever in your life? I repeatedly beat players who are bigger stronger and faster than me in the gym. I'm not talking about a huge discrepancy here but then again the discrepancy isn't exactly huge when it comes to kobe and lebron. It's called wanting to kill your opponent. Something you and Lebron never learned, not even from Wade.

Those guys had a big advantage on you, but you made up for it in skill. Kobes skill is no where near the level where it would offset Lebrons skill and his already big physical advantage

ThaSwagg3r
07-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Yeah, too bad the NBA is a 5 on 5 game. I don't see the point of this thread but Prime Kobe would definitely beat current LeBron in a 1 on 1 game.

Kobe 4 The Win
07-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Yeah, that's exactly right. The GOAT Jordan averaged about 6 asists per game and Kobe is way behind at about 5 per game. Such a huge difference I don't know how he sleeps at night? :facepalm

BlueandGold
07-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Those guys had a big advantage on you, but you made up for it in skill. Kobes skill is no where near the level where it would offset Lebrons skill and his already big physical advantage
That's my point though.. I didn't really have that much of an advantage over some of my opponents in skill either, when it comes down to it your instinct will carry you the farthest. I believe that is the reason why people compare Sports to Warfare, because they draw that parallel between each other.

Think about it this way.

Lebron's athleticism > Kobe's

Kobe's skill > Lebron's

the tiebreaker then is obviously Kobe's killer instinct, who many people even in the mainstream media say is the obvious difference between the two.

detroitdogg
07-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Lebron cant dribble past bigs one on one let alone a SG, he has absolutley no moves to create space, and he has to be hot already to consistantly hit jumpers, Bron would get killed one on one. You have no basketball knowlege thinking Bron can beat any great perimeter player one on one, this is where your ballhandling skills come into play the most. With complete clear outs Bron cant get past 7 footers without a pick, do yall seriously think he could blow past Kobe even though he has no dribble moves to do so, nygga please.

rule1223
07-26-2011, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ver7OaentQk

yah lebron would just blow by...

artificial
07-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Maybe, but we'll never know for sure. Your point?

Stuckey
07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
lebron could go to the hole every time, get his offensive rebounds

or he could just back kobe down for 15 seconds then lay it or dunk it

AMISTILLILL
07-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Superman would beat Batman.
Paper covers rock.
Rock beats scissors.
Van Halen beats Van Hagar.

brownmamba00
07-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Superman would beat Batman.

:facepalm

LeFraud James
07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
21 points divided into 4 quarters would make 5.25 points.

So in theory, LeBron would quit after either of them scored 15 points.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Batz
07-26-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ver7OaentQk

yah lebron would just blow by...
Definitely would have if there was no help D there.

AMISTILLILL
07-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Bat shaped throwing stars don't really hurt people when, you know... the person is made of steel and stuff.

AMISTILLILL
07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Physically, sure.

But it's the mentality that seperates the two.

And it's the same analogy w/ Kobe and LeBron.

So no ... Superman (LeBron) wouldn't beat Batman (Kobe)

Batman is smarter, and he preps better.

A guy made of steel. Steel. The stuff they construct the trusses and framing for skyscrapers with... versus a guy who isn't made of steel, but happens to have a lot of money and time on his hands. I don't care how smart or prepared you are: you're losing against a person made of steel.

If you're a really intelligent person and responsibly drive your Prius you're not going to survive a head on collision against a guy driving a Panzer blindfolded and drunk.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-26-2011, 06:54 PM
LeBron would beat Kobe One on One

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/Strikeninja95/Appreciation%20Thread%203/Gif1.gif

AMISTILLILL
Comic books suck.

RazorBaLade
A guy made of steel. Steel. The stuff they construct the trusses and framing for skyscrapers with... versus a guy who isn't made of steel, but happens to have a lot of money and time on his hands. I don't care how smart or prepared you are: you're losing against a person made of steel.

If you're a really intelligent person and responsibly drive your Prius you're not going to survive a head on collision against a guy driving a Panzer blindfolded and drunk.

the guy with money can make his stuff out of kryptonite.

i think this all kinda makes sense actyually fair comparison. kobe is batman, bron is superman. bat would def win, superman can be made useless (in nba bron case, pressure makes him useless)

LeFraud James
07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
But when Batman studies his opponent, and procures Kryptonite ... along with the WILLINGNESS to use it. This happens.

Mind > Matter

Batman is a more skilled fighter, so when he studies and prepares himself in ways to physically stand up to Superman. It's over.

The comparison of Batman v.s. Supes to Kobe v.s. LeBron is very apt. Even down to their personality types, hard work, etc.

Bruce Wayne transforms himself through work ethic. He's smart, and extremely skilled. (Kobe)

Clark Kent is super because of genetics. He's a freak of nature. (LeBron)

Hit the nail right in the head with this one. :hammerhead:

I wonder what horrible analogy they will try to come up with next.

bdreason
07-26-2011, 07:02 PM
I'll take Kobe. The game is going to come down to who has the better jumper and post game... and I think Kobe is better at both.

AMISTILLILL
07-26-2011, 07:04 PM
For the record, my Batman/Superman thing was not an analogy for Kobe/LeBron. Anyone who read the rest of my post could see that. In fact, I don't even like either player or their teams.

And Van Halen was still better than Van Hagar.

detroitdogg
07-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Fukk the analogies, Bron does not have the skills to blow past Kobe consistantly, Kobe would force him tto a jumper more than not, Bron just was never GREAT at beating dfenders off the dribble. Kobe has a bunch of moves in his arsenal to get past Bron or to create space for a jumper, Kobe would kill Bron one on one for that reason alone. One on one would allow hanchecking, Bron would not see the basket as much as you dudes think, if he struggles to get around bigs with picks, then he would struggle to get around Kobe, period. Im not even saying Kobe would win, but how would Bron score if Kobe stops his drive, Kobe can shoot over Bron if Bron stops his drive and Kobe would get to the basket more than Bron one on one. I think Kobe would win easier than most would think.

AMISTILLILL
07-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Fukk the analogies, Bron does not have the skills to blow past Kobe consistantly, Kobe would force him tto a jumper more than not, Bron just was never GREAT at beating dfenders off the dribble. Kobe has a bunch of moves in his arsenal to get past Bron or to create space for a jumper, Kobe would kill Bron one on one for that reason alone. One on one would allow hanchecking, Bron would not see the basket as much as you dudes think, if he struggles to get around bigs with picks, then he would struggle to get around Kobe, period. Im not even saying Kobe would win, but how would Bron score if Kobe stops his drive, Kobe can shoot over Bron if Bron stops his drive and Kobe would get to the basket more than Bron one on one. I think Kobe would win easier than most would think.

Read my other posts. Unless you want to draw comparisons between Kobe being Van Halen and LeBron being Van Hagar too.

artificial
07-26-2011, 07:33 PM
I like Superman, Batman. Don't have anything against Kobe. I try to keep to myself my opinions regarding Lebron, and acknowledge he is a great player.

Still, for some reason I find this Kobe-Batman Lebron-Superman analogy insulting.

lefthook00
07-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Have you guys even seen them play? Kobe is the master of the iso. He will sh*t on your face. LeBron isn't as effective in an iso, he will usually get a screen. Kobe has said repeatedly that he would be LeBron 1v1, and I'm sure they all played 1v1 during Team USA practice, and LeBron has stayed dead silent about Kobe's comments.

A better matchup would be Kobe vs Melo. Melo is a hog in the post.

Remember folks, skills pay the bills. Always.

detroitdogg
07-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Have you guys even seen them play? Kobe is the master of the iso. He will sh*t on your face. LeBron isn't as effective in an iso, he will usually get a screen. Kobe has said repeatedly that he would be LeBron 1v1, and I'm sure they all played 1v1 during Team USA practice, and LeBron has stayed dead silent about Kobe's comments.

I agree with this

lefthook00
07-26-2011, 08:14 PM
I agree with this

I think Melo could take LeBron 1v1.

I think LeBron would beat players like Durant though.

Ikill
07-26-2011, 08:18 PM

I think Melo would kill Kobe cause he is so strong but Kobe would kill Lebron

GiveItToBurrito
07-26-2011, 08:20 PM
I agree, although in Kobe's defense, not needing to pound the rock to get points can help his team's offense from bogging down and just being one guy going one on one while everyone else stands around.

DMAVS41
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I'd take Kobe. Especially it it was prime vs prime. I don't think it would really be all that close either.

Eat Like A Bosh
07-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Have you guys even seen them play? Kobe is the master of the iso. He will shit on your face. LeBron isn't as effective in an iso, he will usually get a screen. Kobe has said repeatedly that he would beat LeBron 1v1, and I'm sure they all played 1v1 during Team USA practice, and LeBron has stayed dead silent about Kobe's comments.

:applause: This is exactly why I don't think LeBron can beat Kobe 1 on 1.

There's a reason LeBron never fired back at Kobe's comments.

B-Low
07-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Steve Francis can beat John Stockton 1 on 1

miller-time
07-26-2011, 09:20 PM
lebron could go to the hole every time, get his offensive rebounds

or he could just back kobe down for 15 seconds then lay it or dunk it

sometimes i think people believe that nba 2k and real life are the same thing.

Jasper
07-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Two words :

Olympic practices

Stuckey
07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
sometimes i think people believe that nba 2k and real life are the same thing.

1v1 is a whole different game than having 5v5

u can do a lot more, go either left or right, take your time with the dribble, get position, no silly 3 second offensive, 5 second back down, no out of bounds

i dont see kobe able to stop lebron on a drive to the basket, am i the only one? :confusedshrug:

Jasper
07-26-2011, 09:52 PM
This thread is a two headed steer wanting to ram each other.

No one will win , unless we saw for our own eyes both players in prime against each other.

however http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-110726/shooting-guard-ratings

A 33 year old vs a 28 year old

Kobe is 2nd to D-Wade.

IMO D-Wade was already better 2 years ago , but Kobe winning a title - no one could deny the bandwagoneers :D

ballerz
07-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Hope this makes you feel better about lebrick choking in the finals

inclinerator
07-26-2011, 10:43 PM
lebron would win now barely because of kobe's age and frailness

thejumpa
07-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Lets see here.....LeBron has 2-3 inches and 40 pounds on Kobe. As long as he can beat him of the dribble and/or back him down, he's winning in a game to 21. Kobe would have to hit more than a few tough shots to keep up. I doubt he'd be able to repeatedly get space from stepbacks and fakes. Once or twice? Yeah...but not throughout a full game.

Melo vs Kobe would be the shitttt....I think Melo would beat both of them.

knightfall88
07-26-2011, 11:17 PM
lmao if you think Kobe will let Lebron have 21 points worth of layups.

Lebron wouldnt be able to beat Melo, Durant, Wade one on one also. Lebron strength is in his rebounds and assists which means nothing in 1 on 1

Jacks3
07-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Kobe would have to hit more than a few tough shots to keep up. I doubt he'd be able to repeatedly get space from stepbacks and fakes. Once or twice? Yeah...but not throughout a full game.

Hope you ain't talking about prime Kobe, who got great elevation/space on his jumpers, and if LeBron plays him tight he'd just blow by him.

knightfall88
07-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Can Lebron beat Jason Terry one on one?

thejumpa
07-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Hope you ain't talking about prime Kobe, who got great elevation/space on his jumpers, and if LeBron plays him tight he'd just blow by him.

Thread says LeBron vs Kobe...not "prime Kobe vs LeBron".

:confusedshrug:

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-26-2011, 11:28 PM
A better match would be LeBron vs Androgenic Alopecia

Kobe 4 The Win
07-26-2011, 11:39 PM
A better match would be LeBron vs Androgenic Alopecia

lol. We know how that one's gonna end.

HylianNightmare
07-26-2011, 11:43 PM
well duh he's also in his prime and kobe is old and beat to hell

it's like saying who would win 1v1 right now
dwight vs
bill russell

Phong
07-26-2011, 11:59 PM
This thread says a lot about Kobe's longevity and sustained level of play after 15 years in the league. After LeBron's choke job his fans are trying to make themselves feel better by making hypothetical 1 on 1 scenarios against past-his-prime Kobe. For a decade we had AI vs Kobe, T-Mac vs Kobe, VC vs Kobe, Stackhouse vs Kobe, Wade vs Kobe, LeBron vs Kobe. Kobe is still the measuring stick.

Anyway, before thinking about Kobe, some people should wonder why he couldn't handle Shawn Marion or Jason Terry.

jjayfive
07-27-2011, 02:37 AM
since lebron can't back down or post up.. i take kobe

RazorBaLade
07-27-2011, 04:05 AM
this is interesting if we're talking modern day versions...

both arent as athletic as they once were, idk. even imo

macpierce
07-27-2011, 08:01 AM
05-06 kobe would shit on lebron all day long ROFL
that would be fun to watch :oldlol:

v1ncelis
07-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Should NBA make 1on1 or 2on2 games between NBA superstars (with street game rules) in All Star Weekend?

Lebron23
07-27-2011, 08:13 AM
LeBron would beat Kobe.

Godzuki
07-27-2011, 09:09 AM
lebron might be able to beat any guard 1v1, even MJ, just because he's like a PF with the agility of a SG.

Papaya Petee
07-27-2011, 09:32 AM
LeBron win's this rather easily. He's got quickness, strength, size, young legs, and people need to stop hating on his jumper, this year he shot a higher % from mid-range then Kobe, and probably a higher 3 pt %.

dynasty1978
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Lebron wins this TODAY. An 02-03 or 06-07 Kobe annihilates any version of Lebron 1 on 1.

amfirst
07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
LeBron now would win But prime Kobe would And1 LeBron. I can see him humiliating LeBron. Prime Kobe has amazing hops. Kobe's hops is no where near the same with age and injuries. Kobe has face worst double teams in his prime. He didn't have shooters to spot up on that crappy lakers team and still kick a55. I can see LeBron on that team choking because he has no shooters to pass to. Just too much pressure.

NBAller
07-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Um............ok?

:facepalm @ the cartoon analogies.

magic14
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
You guys are retarted, there's no question Lebron would win a one on one game with Kobe just because of his size advantage, but it says nothing about their skill sets because kobe would never guard lebron in a real game. It's like saying Kwame Brown is better than Chris Paul cause he can beat him one on one.

Sakkreth
07-27-2011, 04:45 PM
LeBron would win no doubt, but who cares about one on one.

The-Legend-24
07-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Lebron would be Kobe 1 on 1?

KYS OP :facepalm

All Net
07-27-2011, 05:04 PM
This is important because?

eliteballer
07-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Its not even funny how much better of a halfcourt player Kobe is, he would destroy him.

LeFraud James
07-27-2011, 06:03 PM
LeBron couldn't dribble himself out of a paper bag.

How the hell would you expect him to get around the likes of an All NBA First Team Defender in Kobe?

AMISTILLILL
07-27-2011, 06:04 PM
OP has successfully trolled the Lakers fanbase on this forum.

LeFraud James
07-27-2011, 06:05 PM
OP has successfully trolled the Lakers fanbase on this forum.

or established the fact that he has absolutely no basketball knowledge.

AMISTILLILL
07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
or established the fact that he has absolutely no basketball knowledge.

I wouldn't necessarily gauge a persons basketball knowledge on a matter of opinion towards a hypothetical situation.

LeFraud James
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't necessarily gauge a persons basketball knowledge on a matter of opinion towards a hypothetical situation.

I wasn't gauging his basketball knowledge simply based off his opinion on the subject, so much as his fantasized reasoning.

Make sense?

You could interpret it as trolling, but I interpret it as ignorance.

pauk
07-27-2011, 07:13 PM

I have.... for my entire life... and i have NEVER been able to beat a basketball player who has more everything combination of size, power, speed, quickness, vertical than me.... if you can beat a player like that HE IS ONE LOUSY MOTHER****ER OR A HUMAN THAT JUST PICKED UP A BASKETBALL.........

it doesnt matter how good you are.... here is how it looks like when you play a decent player that happens to have such a combination of bigger size than you while having better speed & vertical, power and everything..........

OFFENSIVELY

EVEN IF YOU GET BY HIM = a player like that will just time a chasedown block on you from behind.... so you have to either stop and do a HEADFAKE (or a series of them) and pray to god he goes up or go do a circus shot and pray to god it goes in.......... because certainly you cant bail out pass to any of your teammates in that situation......... because there is no teammates...

EVEN IF YOU GET UP A SHOT = (without getting blocked) its very hard contested and you will have to make sure those shots go in.......... if you dont... he will 100% guaranteed get the rebound.......... some quick dribble move and a hard stepback jumper will be your easiest attempt at making the basket..... but still hard...

DEFENSIVELY

FORGET IT.... OK? FORGET IT......... he will either =

A] Back you down all the way under the hoop and lay it in over and over... there is nothing you can do against that power and size....... and there is no teammate to help you out...

B] He can get by you aswell... and i can guarantee you cant get up and block that windmill he is about to make.... or a 360... or a god damn east bay between the legs alley oop....

you will be just a ragdoll..... AND GUESS WHAT... THERE IS NO TEAMMATE THAT CAN BUILD A WALL AROUND HIM AND TAKE CHARGES UNDER THE RIM EITHER.... AND THERE IS NO REFF EITHER...

LEBRON WOULD HUMILIATE KOBE 1 ON 1 IF KOBE DOESNT MAKE ALL HIS STEPBACK FADEAWAY TOUGH CIRCUS SHOTS

macpierce
07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Lebron wins this TODAY. An 02-03 or 06-07 Kobe annihilates any version of Lebron 1 on 1.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Jacks3
07-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Prime Kobe would destroy him.

LA_Showtime
07-28-2011, 12:10 AM
We'd be wiping LeBron off the floor if it was prime vs. prime. Kobe's mentality alone would intimidate James.

Simple Jack
07-28-2011, 02:20 AM
We'd be wiping LeBron off the floor if it was prime vs. prime. Kobe's mentality alone would intimidate James.
:roll:

thejumpa
07-28-2011, 03:00 AM
I have.... for my entire life... and i have NEVER been able to beat a basketball player who has more everything combination of size, power, speed, quickness, vertical than me.... if you can beat a player like that HE IS ONE LOUSY MOTHER****ER OR A HUMAN THAT JUST PICKED UP A BASKETBALL.........

it doesnt matter how good you are.... here is how it looks like when you play a decent player that happens to have such a combination of bigger size than you while having better speed & vertical, power and everything..........

OFFENSIVELY

EVEN IF YOU GET BY HIM = a player like that will just time a chasedown block on you from behind.... so you have to either stop and do a HEADFAKE (or a series of them) and pray to god he goes up or go do a circus shot and pray to god it goes in.......... because certainly you cant bail out pass to any of your teammates in that situation......... because there is no teammates...

EVEN IF YOU GET UP A SHOT = (without getting blocked) its very hard contested and you will have to make sure those shots go in.......... if you dont... he will 100% guaranteed get the rebound.......... some quick dribble move and a hard stepback jumper will be your easiest attempt at making the basket..... but still hard...

DEFENSIVELY

FORGET IT.... OK? FORGET IT......... he will either =

A] Back you down all the way under the hoop and lay it in over and over... there is nothing you can do against that power and size....... and there is no teammate to help you out...

B] He can get by you aswell... and i can guarantee you cant get up and block that windmill he is about to make.... or a 360... or a god damn east bay between the legs alley oop....

you will be just a ragdoll..... AND GUESS WHAT... THERE IS NO TEAMMATE THAT CAN BUILD A WALL AROUND HIM AND TAKE CHARGES UNDER THE RIM EITHER.... AND THERE IS NO REFF EITHER...

LEBRON WOULD HUMILIATE KOBE 1 ON 1 IF KOBE DOESNT MAKE ALL HIS STEPBACK FADEAWAY TOUGH CIRCUS SHOTS

Funny thing is, this guy looks like he's had more experience playing 1 on 1 then anybody else in this thread. ISO play in a regulation game is not the same as a 1 on 1 game to 21. There are no defenders to help defend or rebound the ball and ball/head fakes will only work a few times.

I'm laughing at those saying "Prime Kobe would kill LeBron". Why is that? He's the same player now as he was in 05. The only difference is he had the ultimate greenlight and had more bounce in his step. His 1 on 1 game is the same. Against someone longer, taller, stronger, and more athletic, anyone is gonna have trouble scoring buckets.

ForeverHeat
07-28-2011, 09:46 AM
So prime Kobe is taller than current Kobe? Dont think so. Lebron would block the hell out of Kobe, so Kobe would have to be shooting lights out with Lebrons hand in his face which wont be happening. Lebron can also post up, even though it isnt his strength it would still work due to the difference in stature. Guys above me speak the truth.

brownmamba00
07-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Lebron can also post up
:oldlol:

$LakerGold
07-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Oh shut the hell up .. oh my ****ing god..

Lebron is taller, more athletic and more powerful. He can also jump higher, block harder and drive alot more. When Lebron is running at the rim, there is no one man in the world who can stop him, including Kobe. But when Kobe drives, Lebron could occasionally get the block or use his body mass to get Kobe off balance mid air. Kobe would have to be shooting lights out, but that is unlikely given Lebrons length which would bother Kobe alot imo. I just dont see how Kobe fans can claim he would defeat Lebron James one on one.

Adam Morrison = 2 RINGS.

Unstoppabull
07-28-2011, 09:11 PM
LeBron's physically bigger and could just foul the shit outta Kobe

If they're playing rough, probably LeBron

But then again I wouldn't count Kobe out. His game is built on ISOs. Should be a close one.

eliteballer
07-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Kobe is quicker than LeBron, more agile with better lateral speed. Are you ISHiots serious?

Jacks3
07-28-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm laughing at those saying "Prime Kobe would kill LeBron". Why is that? He's the same player now as he was in 05. The only difference is he had the ultimate greenlight and had more bounce in his step. His 1 on 1 game is the same. Against someone longer, taller, stronger, and more athletic, anyone is gonna have trouble scoring buckets.
Holy crap. Are u kidding me? 05 Kobe is significantly quicker, faster, more explosive and gets A LOT more elevation on his jumper than the 2011 version.

macpierce
07-28-2011, 10:39 PM
thought you were a better poster than this :roll: :roll: :roll:
05 kobe would have the lift to get his shots over anyone and the speed to blow past guys

G-Funk
07-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Kobe will do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxlz_KFTVtk&feature=related

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgAlxZ1hXYI&feature=related

then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=169BB60696Q&feature=related

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kErW-CqoVPU&feature=related

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ3C3jvTXIM&feature=related

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_1PBoRTpJg

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBt_9t57F-0&feature=related

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naZTSykKwRQ&feature=related

Then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnSbTMtHGos&feature=related

Get the picture? Or should I keep going?

That shyt aint going down bruh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BarfhZOaWnY&feature=related

ballup
07-28-2011, 10:46 PM

Discuss.
I do love a cool story. Please tell it again bro.

Mr. Jabbar
07-28-2011, 11:04 PM
http://imgchili.com/show/157/157779_yeah_right.gif

thejumpa
07-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Holy crap. Are u kidding me? 05 Kobe is significantly quicker, faster, more explosive and gets A LOT more elevation on his jumper than the 2011 version.

No shit. I, unlike yourself, have watched Kobe from start to finish. I think I have a good idea of what his game looked like 6 years ago. Furthermore, when I say "more bounce in his step", speed and explosiveness is what I'm talking about.

Samurai Swoosh
07-28-2011, 11:11 PM
http://mangoat.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Okay_wtf_reaction.gif

http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/data/7d/tromeo%20and%20juliet%20wtf.gif

thejumpa
07-28-2011, 11:13 PM
thought you were a better poster than this :roll: :roll: :roll:
05 kobe would have the lift to get his shots over anyone and the speed to blow past guys

So what's your point? You're acting like 05 Kobe was a god or something. Anybody can be beat in a game of 1 on 1. I don't necessarily think LeBron(now or 2 years ago) would win....but either way he's not getting killed like you guys want to believe. At the end of the day, size is size and strength is strength. While he lacks in the skill department, LeBron has a significant advantage in the size and strength. Plus, it's not like he's slow either. For being 6'8 250, his lateral quickness is well above average.

Jacks3
07-28-2011, 11:34 PM
No shit. I, unlike yourself, have watched Kobe from start to finish.
I've been watching him since 96 dude. :roll:

I think I have a good idea of what his game looked like 6 years ago.
Sure.

Furthermore, when I say "more bounce in his step", speed and explosiveness is what I'm talking about.
yeah, A LOT more bounce in his step...

LA_Showtime
07-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Funny thing is, this guy looks like he's had more experience playing 1 on 1 then anybody else in this thread. ISO play in a regulation game is not the same as a 1 on 1 game to 21. There are no defenders to help defend or rebound the ball and ball/head fakes will only work a few times.

He has CLEARLY declined athletically since 2005. I can't believe you're downplaying the strength, explosiveness, quickness, and power Kobe's lost over the years. WOW. 2003 is a better example: The man was a freak athlete; he was never as good of an athlete as say LeBron, but at the very least he could consistently create off the dribble.

Again, I'm not saying prime Kobe impacts the game more than prime LeBron, but when you factor in their mentality and styles of play, I honestly don't think it's close. LeBron would be intimidated as hell.

Killer_Instinct
07-29-2011, 12:59 AM

Discuss.

Thread should have been locked after this. I get sick and tired of reading shit on this forum spewed from guys who sat on the sidelines cheering in school and never got picked up during P.E. Why discuss the game when you've never even touched the ball outside of shooting in your driveway is beyond me.

Indian guy
07-29-2011, 01:22 AM
LeBron would be intimidated as hell.

Considering the amount of success LeBron's had against Kobe in his career, this statement really has no merit to it.

thejumpa
07-29-2011, 03:04 AM
He has CLEARLY declined athletically since 2005. I can't believe you're downplaying the strength, explosiveness, quickness, and power Kobe's lost over the years. WOW. 2003 is a better example: The man was a freak athlete; he was never as good of an athlete as say LeBron, but at the very least he could consistently create off the dribble.

Again, I'm not saying prime Kobe impacts the game more than prime LeBron, but when you factor in their mentality and styles of play, I honestly don't think it's close. LeBron would be intimidated as hell.

Do you really think that the 2005 Kobe would murder LeBron in a game of 1 on 1? Again...look at what I wrote. I'm not trying to say LeBron would murder him or vice versa. I'm simply saying that LeBron has clear advantages over Kobe. If you really want to get into it, let's talk about a LeBron from 2 years ago. He'll never be as skilled as Kobe, but his speed, strength, and explosiveness is light years ahead of anything Kobe has ever had. Oh, and he has 40 pounds and 2-3 inches on him.

I mean, shit, I've played guys who had wayyyy more basketball skill then I did but because I was taller, stronger, and more athletic, I win everytime. Obviously I'm not an NBA level player lol, but the idea is still the same. IMO, length and athleticism are the hardest things to overcome in basketball.

You're right though...I was downplaying his decline in athleticism and I was wrong for that. Dead wrong. Still, I say it's a close game but I usually go with the bigger, more athletic player.