PDA

View Full Version : Let's Be Honest. The East Is Not Good Enought To Beat The Heat Next Season

G-Funk
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Bulls= Too Weak
Magic= Suck
Knicks= No D
Celtics= Really Old
ATL=Suck

EnoughSaid
07-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Depends on what the Knicks get, there is almost a guarantee that the Heat will make the Finals next season. This was only their first year too, and they made the Finals. Especially if the Heat get some more pieces, then it will be easier.

Apocalyptic0n3
07-27-2011, 12:19 PM
This. This right here is a great piece of analytical and unbiased writing.

Walker
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Perhaps he's right, one small issue though

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3110/3189958906_196a736dd9.jpg

Rnbizzle
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Rose is in the gym right now.. You should be scared. :pimp:

ZaaaaaH
07-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Bulls= Too Weak
Magic= Suck
Knicks= No D
Celtics= Really Old
ATL=Suck

Bulls = Too Young Too Early

Magic = Lets shoot Only 3's and Miss a lot

Knicks = Get Us CP3 so we got a Chance

Celtics = Yea We Old ~

ATL = SUCK

JohnnySic
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Something about counting chickens, eggs hatching and stuff....we've been here before...

NBAller
07-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Who would have thought the Mavericks would win the championship?

Point of the question is, don't count the underdogs out.

Though I'd put my money on the Heat........if I gambled.

PowerGlove
07-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Atlanta sucks now??:wtf:

HylianNightmare
07-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Bulls= Too Weak
Magic= Suck
Knicks= No D
Celtics= Really Old
ATL=Suck

i think each of those teams could take them in a 7 game series just depends on who is hot and who is not, sadly i cannot see into the future

HylianNightmare
07-27-2011, 01:00 PM
thats what i'm sayin atlanta is a ****ing solid team they got stars and borderline stars left and right

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Atlants didn't suck but they are a mid tier team in the NBA. Their major problem and has been since Nique left it seems is they don't have a number 1 option.

cteach111
07-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Celtics are gonna beat that Heat ass next season :applause:

step_back
07-27-2011, 01:34 PM
The heat suck. Some of the worst bottling EVER from a team in the finals. No excuses they're just plain shit!

Tlova
07-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Celtics are gonna beat that Heat ass next season :applause:
Highly doubtful and i'm a C's fan. I felt the C's would have won if wade didn't break rondo's arm and shaq actually played.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-27-2011, 01:42 PM
They get a solid C, definitely. If not, I can see teams giving them real trouble. But they'll probably win the East again anyway.

Kblaze8855
07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Atlanta needs to blow it up. They will never win when it matters and will never lose enough for a good pick. They had their shot to get Paul or Deron and wasted it on Marvin. Gotta go back to the basement and hope they get it right next time.

G-Funk
07-27-2011, 01:46 PM

that just came from frustration , after every year, they just can't seem to be a top tier contender with all that tallent they have.

Tlova
07-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Atlanta needs to blow it up. They will never win when it matters and will never lose enough for a good pick. They had their shot to get Paul or Deron and wasted it on Marvin. Gotta go back to the basement and hope they get it right next time.
This.:facepalm
Atlanta is a Joke, Horford is the only one worth watching, although teague show aloted of promise

Clutch
07-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Heat won't get to the Finals next year.

Bookmark this post and bump it next year (if there is a season).

ThaSwagg3r
07-27-2011, 03:24 PM
If the Knicks and Bulls make enough moves and improve enough then I would say they have a great chance at beating the Heat next post-season. Celtics destroyed their chances when that idiot Danny Ainge traded Perkins and Robinson away for Jeff Green and Nenad Kristic. Magic don't have a chance with that roster and with the style they play in. Hawks just don't have a chance at all, that roster is just a cluster****.

AMISTILLILL
07-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Miami are in the same boat as plenty of other teams in the east. They lack bench depth and still need upgrades at the 1 and 5 (though Chalmers knows his role there and they could likely get away with leaving him a starter). With that said, assuming they're a safe bet for the Finals next season is extremely premature. Claiming the Bulls are 'weak' is an opinion. With a defensive prowess like that and one of the future superstars of the league continuing to improve his game, I don't know how you might construe a team like that as 'weak' in any way.

Boston only has 7 active players under contract for the 2012 season, as well as a couple expirers. With many approaching next year as the final shot at pulling off another championship season, the Celtics front office will be motivated to surround the Big 3 not only with complementary talent but an infusion of youth that can stick around for an eventual rebuild. Despite the crass presumptions by haters, Boston is still very much relevant.

The Knicks will have another training camp under their belt and will likely make a handful of moves if/when the lockout ends. Even with teams like Orlando and Atlanta, former big threats out east, apparently losing some status as contenders, the east is very much undecided. I mean, honestly, how many people had Dallas pegged to come out of the west? The same sort of thing is capable of happening in the east.

G-Funk
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
:facepalm

knickswin
07-27-2011, 04:20 PM
they're definitely who I'm putting my money on next season, but who knows. Injuries can happen.

GreatGreg
07-27-2011, 04:29 PM
The Bulls young core has learned from their experience. They will be back and be even better. If they add a SG who can create his own shot? I see the Bulls winning the East.

We've been down this road before, people. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Theoo's Daddy
07-27-2011, 04:29 PM
baring any injuries, we will be hard to beat in the east. celtics/Bulls still have a shot.. knicks seriously need defense in their lives to beat us in a 7 game series. If we upgrade the center position and add another veteran PG as pat riley has been suggesting, the league need prayers and a divine intervention.

All Net
07-27-2011, 05:02 PM
If bulls add a good SG they have a great shot

ForeverHeat
07-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Heat will be better

Bulls will be worse, last year was a fluke. Boozer will only go downhill from here, and Taj Gibson is is vastly overrated. Dude got hype after dunking on a guy 5 inches shorter than him. With a running start.

Magic could be dangerous if they do something this free agency, which they might seeing as Dwight is hanging by a thread.

Knicks could be dangerous, but all depends on who they put around their wannabe Heat trio.

Hawks are just the Hawks, enough said.

Too early for Philly, Pacers, Bucks, etc

Celtics, I respect these dudes, I think they have the best chance but their age will ultimately let them down.

All Net
07-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Heat will get better but bulls won't? Please

28renyoy
07-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Finals are going to be OKC-Heat for basically the next 5 years.

ForeverHeat
07-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Heat will get better but bulls won't? Please

Well I'm not saying they will regress as much as the Lakers will, but I think they overachieved last season, whereas the Heat underachieved.

Jameerthefear
07-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Well I'm not saying they will regress as much as the Lakers will, but I think they overachieved last season, whereas the Heat underachieved.
:rolleyes:

Theoo
07-27-2011, 05:30 PM
maybe

All Net
07-27-2011, 05:35 PM

Win something before you get arrogant

Miami fans better hope lebron gets that lift back in his legs otherwise there success might not be as great as they think. How wade ages will be interesting too.

Batz
07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Oh look, no team is in the East is good enough to beat the reigning ECF Champions. What a shocking dilemma.

ForeverHeat
07-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Win something before you get arrogant

Miami fans better hope lebron gets that lift back in his legs otherwise there success might not be as great as they think. How wade ages will be interesting too.

Lebrons "lift" wasn't the problem this year.

boozehound
07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Something about counting chickens, eggs hatching and stuff....we've been here before...
no doubt. funny how a month of lockout and they forget the taste of crow pie.

All Net
07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Lebrons "lift" wasn't the problem this year.
Yes It was

He lost a step and it was clear to see. The lebron from cleveland wouldnt of failed so badly in the finals

As a basketball fan I miss that lebron

DuMa
07-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Chicago is the only threat. but they do have bad matchup problems with the Heat if they dont get more outside shooting.

allabouthawks
07-27-2011, 05:50 PM
why does evryone think atl suck sure they arnt no celtics with the championship but they have a solid team

AMISTILLILL
07-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I can't believe I'm reading people claiming that Chicago is actually going to get worse next season. How, exactly, does someone rationalize making that mine field of a prediction? Is it just Heat fans trolling, or are there people who actually believe that?

ForeverHeat
07-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Chicago is the only threat. but they do have bad matchup problems with the Heat if they dont get more outside shooting.

I think they match up well, their best positions are pg and c and those are the Heats weaknesses. Their team defense did okay against our trio until the floodgates opened. Like I said though I think they overachieved.

Clutch
07-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Finals are going to be OKC-Heat for basically the next 5 years.
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/michael-jordan-lol.gif

cteach111
07-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Let's Be Honest. You're Not Making a Bold Statement.

28renyoy
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/michael-jordan-lol.gif

Who's going to beat the Heat in the East? Who's going to beat the Thunder in the West? Exactly

GreatGreg
07-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Who's going to beat the Heat in the East? Who's going to beat the Thunder in the West? Exactly
Stop acting like the Thunder will be some juggernaut out in the West. They can easily lose to the likes of the Lakers.
Same thing with the Heat. The Bulls and maybe the Knicks if they add defensive pieces can beat the Heat.

28renyoy
07-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Stop acting like the Thunder will be some juggernaut out in the West. They can easily lose to the likes of the Lakers.
Same thing with the Heat. The Bulls and maybe the Knicks if they add defensive pieces can beat the Heat.

Thunder are going to have the best backcourt in the league along with a SF that might be the best player for the next decade. They also have a DPOY type PF, all of whom are 22 or younger. LOL @ that team not being a juggernaut.

RazorBaLade
07-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Thunder are going to have the best backcourt in the league along with a SF that might be the best player for the next decade. They also have a DPOY type PF, all of whom are 22 or younger. LOL @ that team not being a juggernaut.

they had all that this year and last year

who knows hopw other teams will rebuild in 2 years, memphis is 1 piece away. clips are one star away. hell, lakers would need 1 star and bye bye okc. okc cant make moves, and this team doesnt seem to be good and smart enough

28renyoy
07-27-2011, 06:47 PM
they had all that this year and last year

who knows hopw other teams will rebuild in 2 years, memphis is 1 piece away. clips are one star away. hell, lakers would need 1 star and bye bye okc. okc cant make moves, and this team doesnt seem to be good and smart enough

Ibaka was 20/21
Harden was 20/21
Durant was 21/22
Westbrook was 21/22

LOL @ them suppiosed to be winning titles at that age. In 3-4 years when they're in their prime they will be running over the league. Hell they will probably win 60+ games next year

RazorBaLade
07-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Ibaka was 20/21
Harden was 20/21
Durant was 21/22
Westbrook was 21/22

LOL @ them suppiosed to be winning titles at that age. In 3-4 years when they're in their prime they will be running over the league. Hell they will probably win 60+ games next year

in 3-4 years there will be plenty of new contenders in the west. la could get howard in 2 years for example.

okcs chance was this year and the new season, after that new teams will rise and westbrook/durant will be split up

just imo of course =)

28renyoy
07-27-2011, 07:05 PM
in 3-4 years there will be plenty of new contenders in the west. la could get howard in 2 years for example.

okcs chance was this year and the new season, after that new teams will rise and westbrook/durant will be split up

just imo of course =)

You're really grasping @ straws/obviously hoping OKC faulters. If they don't choke away the 3 games vs Dallas, they probably win the title this past year. And that's before any of their 4 best players were even near their prime. Durant was year 4, Westbrook 3, Harden & Ibaka 2.

GreatGreg
07-27-2011, 07:26 PM
You're really grasping @ straws/obviously hoping OKC faulters. If they don't choke away the 3 games vs Dallas, they probably win the title this past year.
:roll:
Yeah, OK. If the Thunder would've went to the Finals, the Heat would've brutally swept them. You honestly think they would've had the talent and heart to come back from 15 down? Who on the Thunder would step up to match LeBron, Wade, and Bosh?
:roll:
That's a good one.

Allstar24
07-27-2011, 07:32 PM
The Knicks can beat them because Anthony always outplays James/Wade. The finals next year will be LA vs NY.

Peteballa
07-27-2011, 07:39 PM
The Knicks can beat them because Anthony always outplays James/Wade. The finals next year will be LA vs NY.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

Yeah, I agree. Just look how superior Melo's production is.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wadedw01&p2=anthoca01

Wade and LeBron are about the same here.

Riddle me this; how does New York go from being swept by Boston to beating Miami, when Miami destroyed Boston?

So it goes from NY <<<<< BOS <<< MIA to Mia <<< NY

Listen, I'm not trying to be one of those douche Miami fans, but realistically, the Knicks have about a 5% shot at beating the Heat in a 7 game series.

knicksman
07-27-2011, 07:41 PM
as if d is a problem..looks like you forgot that we hold you guys under 100 the last 2 games. knicks can play d if they want. they just dont care about playing d when playing against scrub teams

knicksman
07-27-2011, 07:45 PM
The Bulls young core has learned from their experience. They will be back and be even better. If they add a SG who can create his own shot? I see the Bulls winning the East.

We've been down this road before, people. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

bulls is a defensive team with no offense so i expect them to regress. thats what you get from being too dependent on defense rather than offense

knicksman
07-27-2011, 07:50 PM

LOL at you dreaming durant is jordan. no team is winning without a big man genius and whats worse is that your 2nd option is a score first pg who hasnt won since the creation of the league as a first option. keep dreaming, you almost lost to the 8th seed memphis. portland is better than oklahoma

knicksman
07-27-2011, 07:53 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

Yeah, I agree. Just look how superior Melo's production is.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wadedw01&p2=anthoca01

Wade and LeBron are about the same here.

Riddle me this; how does New York go from being swept by Boston to beating Miami, when Miami destroyed Boston?

Listen, I'm not trying to be one of those douche Miami fans, but realistically, the Knicks have about a 5% shot at beating the Heat in a 7 game series.

11-4 is what matters genius. and oh btw, heat lost in just their 3rd game together

Bigsmoke
07-27-2011, 08:11 PM
the best 2 players in the NBA are playing for the Heat so they better be the best in the East

Theoo's Daddy
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM

People still believe this myth ?? :roll: I hope we get to play them in the playoffs so we can put it rest.

Theoo's Daddy
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
as if d is a problem..looks like you forgot that we hold you guys under 100 the last 2 games. knicks can play d if they want. they just dont care about playing d when playing against scrub teams

Boston in the playoffs were scrubs ?

knicksman
07-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Boston in the playoffs were scrubs ?

didnt we play defense against them during the first 2 games genius?

knicksman
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
People still believe this myth ?? :roll: I hope we get to play them in the playoffs so we can put it rest.

melos team are always better than lebron during their entire career except this and even then we beat the heat in just their 3rd game together. its just that melo was in the west that he got ousted early in the first round. and dont give me that sht that melo has better teammates coz it was lebrons statpadding that make his teammates worse

Theoo's Daddy
07-27-2011, 08:27 PM
didnt we play defense against them during the first 2 games genius?

remind me because i honestly don't rember this, i remember rondo getting everywhere he wanted on the floor with no resistance.. And a series is 7 games, not 2.

Jasper
07-27-2011, 09:42 PM
This OP thread is weak as shIt.

how do you know what the Heat will get and trade , and reacquire until the lockout is over :confusedshrug:

yes - the Heat should be able to improve on their roster ,,, but other teams can do the same , or for that matter acquire an asset that the Heat would want to block their improvement.

If you don't think that happens , look at Cuban and Haywood as an example.

dee-rose
07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Lebron is already on a clear decline. I don't see that turning around unless he drops weight. Wade might be 31 before he plays another playoff game. Even if there is a season, Wade will be 30 by the playoffs. Once again, on paper, the Heat are great, but Lebrons game is too unpredictable, and at this point, whether he dominates is based on whether his jumper is falling or not.

Bigsmoke
07-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Lebron is already on a clear decline. I don't see that turning around unless he drops weight. Wade might be 31 before he plays another playoff game. Even if there is a season, Wade will be 30 by the playoffs. Once again, on paper, the Heat are great, but Lebrons game is too unpredictable, and at this point, whether he dominates is based on whether his jumper is falling or not.

all players turn garbage once they turn 30 or something?

Wade will be this good until 32 or 33. That only if he doesnt get caught up in a a major injury

Papaya Petee
07-27-2011, 10:22 PM
:roll: All these arguments are weak as ****.

Unless a major injury happens the Heat will blow through the East at a 12-3 record like this year.

Shit, LeBron choking and Dirk miracles was the only thing that stopped them from comfortably winning the title.

Jasper
07-27-2011, 10:30 PM

17 year old - talking from vast amounts of experience :facepalm

FAIL

knicksman
07-27-2011, 10:43 PM
remind me because i honestly don't rember this, i remember rondo getting everywhere he wanted on the floor with no resistance.. And a series is 7 games, not 2.

of course they knew they were not winning anymore the series since amare and chauncey got injured so whats the point of playing defense. we want to preserve our players from injuries for next season genius

QuebecBaller
07-28-2011, 06:05 AM
The Heat are too good for the NBA. They should start their own league and be the only team in it. So they would win championship every years and their fan would be so happy to say "Yeah!! We are the champion again! 7 titles in a row..."

:facepalm

iDunk
07-28-2011, 08:02 AM
The Knicks are Miami's kryptonite, it's like they look like they can't beat them .. but somehow they just do.

JohnnySic
07-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Shit, LeBron choking and Dirk miracles was the only thing that stopped them from comfortably winning the title.
And breaking Rondo's arm helped too, didn't it?

There are many variables. Chalmers and Miller aren't always going to make shots. Anthony may go back to playing like a scrub (like he did in the Finals). You cant assume anything. I find it amusing when people do.

Lebron23
07-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Bulls are still pretenders. I hope the Magic acquires CP3. I want them to annihilate the Bulls in the earlier rounds.

Nowitzness81
07-28-2011, 09:05 AM
There is a whole offseason to go and moves to be made.

If the Bulls bring in a scorer they will be a threat.

bagelred
07-28-2011, 09:08 AM
I'll still go with "The Field" if I had to place a bet. I'll take the combination of Bulls, Celtics, Knicks, Magic, and Hawks over Heat, even if Heat are favorites.

GreatGreg
07-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Bulls are still pretenders. I hope the Magic acquires CP3. I want them to annihilate the Bulls in the earlier rounds.
Except that's never going to happen.

ThaSwagg3r
07-28-2011, 10:15 AM
It's like people in this thread don't understand that teams can improve in the off-season and improve the next season. :facepalm

NugzHeat3
07-28-2011, 11:45 AM
And breaking Rondo's arm helped too, didn't it?

There are many variables. Chalmers and Miller aren't always going to make shots. Anthony may go back to playing like a scrub (like he did in the Finals). You cant assume anything. I find it amusing when people do.
Kinda like how you assumed Boston to be a lock to make the finals. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Maniak
07-28-2011, 12:04 PM
The OP delivered one of the most compelling opening arguments in insidehoops history.

Blue&Orange
07-28-2011, 12:16 PM

Listen, I'm not trying to be one of those douche Miami fans, but realistically, the Knicks have about a 5% shot at beating the Heat in a 7 game series

Knicks lost Amare and Billups and still managed to take the first two games to final possessions. First one they were clearly robbed and the second one even Doc Rivers said they were lucky to win it.

You can only do so much with 2 of the 3 best players out. Feel free to think the Heat with 2 of their 3 best players out would have done better.

AMISTILLILL
07-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Knicks lost Amare and Billups and still managed to take the first two games to final possessions. First one they were clearly robbed and the second one even Doc Rivers said they were lucky to win it.

You can only do so much with 2 of the 3 best players out. Feel free to think the Heat with 2 of their 3 best players out would have done better.

:rolleyes:

Blue&Orange
07-28-2011, 06:09 PM
a ridiculous call and a even more ridiculous no call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EwzaiYAzzM

AMISTILLILL
07-28-2011, 08:07 PM
a ridiculous call and a even more ridiculous no call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EwzaiYAzzM

There are bad calls in every game. Get over it.

Unstoppabull
07-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Depends on what moves the Heat make, who they add in the offseason.

I'm still confident my Bulls will get pass them.

97 bulls
07-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Depends on what moves the Heat make, who they add in the offseason.

I'm still confident my Bulls will get pass them.
This is what I don't understand. Why do heat fans feel the heat are the only team that can improve their roster? What if the bulls aquire jason richardson? How are the heat gonna get enough talent? Its pretty much a given that the the cba is gonna have a much lower slary cap. Also don't underestimate the fact that the bulls are young and will continue to mature.

If the heat don't win this comming season, I don't think they ever will.

ballerz
07-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Teams are going to improve in the offseason idiot. Plus the west will have some contenders

Theoo's Daddy
07-29-2011, 01:33 AM
what if the bulls get jason richardson
Jason richardson is not the bulls answer against miami, if he has to play defense i.e guard wade, his offense is taking a major hit. I'll put my money on wade locking him down than him locking wade down on defense.. The scrappy defenders you have now against wade(bogans and brewer) is what kept the bulls from getting blown out in the playoffs, if you replace them with some other guy in the quest of getting someone who can help to carry the offensive load, you risk allowing wade to get going in a game and that is suicidal. But your hands are tied because rose will need some help and you'll have to replace them. Other teams are improving too, i don't think you'll get the luxury of playing the pacers and Atlanta again. So as much as it might be hard for us to win the east, IMO it will be harder for you guys to win it too.

97 bulls
07-29-2011, 02:07 AM
Jason richardson is not the bulls answer against miami, if he has to play defense i.e guard wade, his offense is taking a major hit. I'll put my money on wade locking him down than him locking wade down on defense.. The scrappy defenders you have now against wade(bogans and brewer) is what kept the bulls from getting blown out in the playoffs, if you replace them with some other guy in the quest of getting someone who can help to carry the offensive load, you risk allowing wade to get going in a game and that is suicidal. But your hands are tied because rose will need some help and you'll have to replace them. Other teams are improving too, i don't think you'll get the luxury of playing the pacers and Atlanta again. So as much as it might be hard for us to win the east, IMO it will be harder for you guys to win it too.
We don't need bogans. Brewer can defend wade fine. The difference is all those open 3s bogans missed, is gonna be taken by a guy that's shown he can hit them. And like I said earlier. Don't underestimate how much the maturity of the bullls will help them overcome the heat.

All Net
07-29-2011, 05:28 AM
We don't need bogans. Brewer can defend wade fine. The difference is all those open 3s bogans missed, is gonna be taken by a guy that's shown he can hit them. And like I said earlier. Don't underestimate how much the maturity of the bullls will help them overcome the heat.

Lets not forgot how close the games were in which Miami won. game 4 could of easily gone to the Bulls. All the games were fairly close and Bulls inexperienced cost them. That series was a close series and a SG like J- Rich hitting some shots could of been the difference.

ForeverHeat
07-29-2011, 07:56 AM
People need to understand, Bulls are HIGHLY overrated. Their playoff intensity might work in the regular season when its no full on but in the playoffs they are basically a slightly better Hawks. Indiana took them close in every game and they struggled against the Hawks too.

jbryan1984
07-29-2011, 08:00 AM
I just don't see the Heat getting much better than they are/were. Riley had the idea that every year, ringless vets would sign for chump change at the chance to get a ring. While that may happen, the ringless vets suck. We know a decent center is the main problem. Maybe they can get Dalembert, I don't know but its not like he is a scrub right now. I don't think he is going to settle for chump change. And even if they do manage to get him, how do you afford a quality bench? Just can't depend on James and Wade's offense and Bosh standing at the top of the key.

Theoo's Daddy
07-29-2011, 08:11 AM

dude, you dont even know your team.. bogans played the better defense on wade, go rewatch the playoffs. Even though bogans can't score much, his defense is key.. But like i've mentioned, your teams hands are tied, they have to get help for rose and to do that something has to give, you add more fire power but lose some defense.

Don't underestimate how much the maturity of the bullls will help them overcome the heat.

no brah, in all this what you are forgetting is the bulls defense is what carried them last season not offense.. our team chemistry will tramp bulls maturity.

ForeverHeat
07-29-2011, 08:13 AM
I just don't see the Heat getting much better than they are/were. Riley had the idea that every year, ringless vets would sign for chump change at the chance to get a ring. While that may happen, the ringless vets suck. We know a decent center is the main problem. Maybe they can get Dalembert, I don't know but its not like he is a scrub right now. I don't think he is going to settle for chump change. And even if they do manage to get him, how do you afford a quality bench? Just can't depend on James and Wade's offense and Bosh standing at the top of the key.

I dont know why people think center and point guard are such big problems. Yeah their our weak point but the fact of the matter is we were more than good enough to win this season, and most likely will be next season too. Skill isnt our problem, its mentality.

Theoo's Daddy
07-29-2011, 08:18 AM

if we get dalembert, our bench will be

eddie house,haslem,mike miller,joel anthony,pittman,norris cole. This are the guys who are on contract as of right now, + whoever we sign.

Lebron or Wade or Bosh will still be out there playing with the bench too.

97 bulls
07-29-2011, 09:54 AM
dude, you dont even know your team.. bogans played the better defense on wade, go rewatch the playoffs. Even though bogans can't score much, his defense is key.. But like i've mentioned, your teams hands are tied, they have to get help for rose and to do that something has to give, you add more fire power but lose some defense.

no brah, in all this what you are forgetting is the bulls defense is what carried them last season not offense.. our team chemistry will tramp bulls maturity.
Lol your team chemistry? You don't know your team. This whole past season has been who's team iis it? And bosh complaining about touches and opportunities.

Our best player is 22. I'm sure he will improve. And I'm also sure that wade is about to start his decline in a year or 2. I just don't see them getting more than 2 championships.

And you need to be carefull. You heat fans had this same attitude last year. There's still heat fans that are unaccounted for from the championship cruise sinking. And I really don't see your team getting much better.

Theoo's Daddy
07-29-2011, 02:25 PM
And I really don't see your team getting much better.

http://i54.tinypic.com/ou436w.gif

And I really don't see your team getting much better.

And the bulls will ?? So when the bulls re-ups rose's and gibson's contracts,knowing the bulls management, who will they cut or trade ?? :rolleyes: ..

Our best player is 22. I'm sure he will improve. And I'm also sure that wade is about to start his decline in a year or 2.

We've seen this movie before though, Cavs always thought they were a player away from a title but just got worse every year.. Rose will get better just like any other great players do, thats no doubt, your point of view comes off like miami and the bulls are the only teams in the East, teams like the sixers/pacers are improving also. Knicks will come out hungry with a point to prove, can't overlook the celtics.

And you need to be carefull. You heat fans had this same attitude last year. There's still heat fans that are unaccounted for from the championship cruise sinking.
:oldlol: Bulls fans were even worse, you kept reminding us how you beat us in the regular season. I think you need to be careful, in your world every other team can't improve but the bulls.

Rose
07-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Lol your team chemistry? You don't know your team. This whole past season has been who's team iis it? And bosh complaining about touches and opportunities.

Our best player is 22. I'm sure he will improve. And I'm also sure that wade is about to start his decline in a year or 2. I just don't see them getting more than 2 championships.

And you need to be carefull. You heat fans had this same attitude last year. There's still heat fans that are unaccounted for from the championship cruise sinking. And I really don't see your team getting much better.
You're arguing with Trashbelly. Just giving you the heads up.

knickswin
07-29-2011, 02:44 PM
the Heat don't need to make huge upgrades. Just adding serviceable pieces through the MLE will help a lot.

I don't know about the Bulls. Boozer being your only inside scorer in a shaky proposition and they also need someone else who can create his shot.

PP34Deuce
07-29-2011, 04:25 PM
As far as the east....Its all about match ups and momentum...

BOS and CHI faced a Lebron who was raining 28-29 foot 3's heavily contested...Those same shots werent hitting against DAL.

its either MIA CHI or BOS coming out the east next year I feel.... New York is not disciplined enough and that wont change with Dantoni still there.

Magic dont scare anyone unless they were to get a Nick Young type athletic scorer.

poido123
07-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Bulls only get as far as they got because of defense. well duh? pretty sure all the great teams that have won championships have always had great defense.

Bulls have a core of players who are heading into their best basketball years, Deng is in his prime, Noah will be playing his fifth year, rose his fourth year, and Gibson/Asik will only get better, in fact Asik is someone i still think who has much potential to get alot better, and of course Brewer is playing really good basketball for the bulls as well.

Id love to see Bulls acquire JR smith, Courtney Lee or Afflalo, it would put an end to the Heat, Bulls would dominate with a scorer and defender who can play both sides of the ball, with the exception of JR who provides scoring punch, not terrible defender

Duncan21formvp
07-29-2011, 07:21 PM
When Miami in 2005 lost to Detroit with HCA in 2006 when Detroit had HCA no one expected Miami to be able to deal with them.

stax
06-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Bump.

Heat won't get to the Finals next year.

Bookmark this post and bump it next year (if there is a season).

You seem like a good guy Clutch, I hate to do this to ya but I'm merely following your instructions. :D

Bigsmoke
06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Knicks and Bulls have a chance

macpierce
06-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Knicks and Bulls have a chance

Wishful thinking :kobe:

derb2k2
06-10-2012, 12:00 PM
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Meticode
06-10-2012, 12:01 PM
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:
Almost like the lockeroom after Game 7. :eek:

Dro
06-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Next year now? Bulls, Pacers, and Celtics if they get frontcourt help, the Pacers maybe need one more player and the Bulls just come back healthy...