PDA

View Full Version : Lorenzen Wright found dead in woods, 4 players from the 95-97 Clippers have now died

28renyoy
07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Lorezen Wright, Malik Sealy, Kevin Duckworth, and Bison Dele. Rodney Rogers is also paralyzed. Crazy.

DStebb716
07-28-2011, 05:31 PM
This happened MONTHS ago.

QuebecBaller
07-28-2011, 05:34 PM
This happened 12 MONTHS ago.

Fixed

28renyoy
07-28-2011, 05:35 PM
This happened MONTHS ago.

It happened a year ago to the day. I just find it interesting that 4 players on that team are dead this early.

Clippersfan86
07-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Joyner not sure if I mentioned it to you... but ask SpecialQue who's a Lakers fan. He's been studying a lot of Clippers history and found many weird things like this. Like Danny Manning almost choking and dying on Jello or something like that. It's trippy and makes you wonder if the franchise really is cursed :( .

LJJ
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Joyner not sure if I mentioned it to you... but ask SpecialQue who's a Lakers fan. He's been studying a lot of Clippers history and found many weird things like this. Like Danny Manning almost choking and dying on Jello or something like that. It's trippy and makes you wonder if the franchise really is cursed :( .

Lorenzen Wright, Malik Sealy, Kevin Duckworth, Bison Dele, Rodney Rodgers and Danny Manning almost.

It's definitely curious to see all these Clippers franchise stars (almost) dying.

InspiredLebowski
07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Still no arrest in Wright's murder

Clippersfan86
07-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Lorenzen Wright, Malik Sealy, Kevin Duckworth, Bison Dele, Rodney Rodgers and Danny Manning almost.

It's definitely curious to see all these Clippers franchise stars (almost) dying.

Sigh..... please karma spare this current team. Don't take my mancrush Blake away from me :( . I will say if you want classic Hollywood drama and curse like history.... read the Clippers history before pretty much any other team.

andgar923
07-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Muniz should just hurry up and buy the team away from Sterling.

Clippersfan86
07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Muniz should just hurry up and buy the team away from Sterling.

I agree Sterling has to go... but remember a lot of these "cursed" events happened pre Sterling.

jlip
07-28-2011, 07:16 PM
I actually live less than 5 minutes from where his ex wife stays and also where he was found dead. There are two candle light vigils being held in honor of Lorenzen tonight.

Rake2204
07-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Interesting post. I was just using the '97 or '98 Clippers a few days ago in 2K11 and came to the same realization. I don't think Kevin Duckworth was on my squad anymore, but Wright, Sealy, and Rogers were. Overall, regardless of team, it's sort of weird to be using 90's retro teams and coming across people who have died. The 90's seems so recent and I feel like there should not be that many ballplayers who have passed already.

Rowe
07-28-2011, 09:49 PM
I actually live less than 5 minutes from where his ex wife stays and also where he was found dead. There are two candle light vigils being held in honor of Lorenzen tonight.

The fact that there still hasnt been an arrest shows that there were multiple hands involved to get rid of him. Im fully of the belief his ex-wife had him killed by a hitman to acquire his insurance money. He obviously didnt have much money available to him considering he was planning to head overseas for a few paychecks.

Just hearing her claim that he was at her house telling her he needed to sell a "box of drugs" was ridiculous enough. First off, why would he be at her home? Second off, why would he be telling her that hes going to sell drugs to make money? Then when you factor in that she claims 3 strange men came to "her home" looking for him but she didnt call the police makes it even more ridiculous.

I mean seriously, people are trying to act like it was drug related because he sold 2 cars to a Memphis drug dealer 5 years ago. The dude who got the cars has been in jail for 3 years. If his life was in danger for selling a few cars and some ghetto goons shot him, come on now. The streets are always talking. Espescially with such a high profile victim. Somebody would've gotten word and the police would be looking into suspects.

G-train
07-28-2011, 10:17 PM
I agree Sterling has to go... but remember a lot of these "cursed" events happened pre Sterling.

Sterling bought the team 30 years ago. So no they didn't.

imlmf
07-28-2011, 10:22 PM
homeland security should f ucking order closing of this cursed clippers franchise

MeLO MvP 15
07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't even believe much in karma and stuff, but I think Sterling's cheapness, smugness and overall jackass-ness plagues the team. I feel bad for Clippers fans just because the owner holds the team back so much.

Clippersfan86
07-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Sterling bought the team 30 years ago. So no they didn't.

Wow time flies by doesn't it? You're right... it's been exactly 30 years. When I was a fan he was at a little under 20 years owning the team and I guess I didn't feel time applied to him :cheers: .

DuMa
07-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Bison Dele's death troubles me a lot. he had a lot of impact on the bulls' front line in 1997.

InspiredLebowski
07-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Bison Dele's death troubles me a lot. he had a lot of impact on the bulls' front line in 1997.He just disappeared off the side of a boat or something right?

Clippersfan86
07-29-2011, 01:04 AM
He just disappeared off the side of a boat or something right?

Yea his brother was the main suspect. It was a very sad story. It's sad that money drives people to do this. The brother forged his name to get like 150k worth of gold..... then the mysterious disappearances on the boat happened. Only his brother returned alive out of the 4 people (skipper, Bison and his wife all missing).

Oh afterwards the brother who was the suspect killed himself with an insulin overdose.

LA_Showtime
07-29-2011, 01:19 AM
I know it makes me a bad person but the way the thread is titled makes me chuckle. It's so blunt.

Clippersfan86
07-29-2011, 01:20 AM
I know it makes me a bad person but the way the thread is titled makes me chuckle. It's so blunt.

Lol it's definitely humorous in the way that it's so straightforward.

LA_Showtime
07-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Lol it's definitely humorous in the way that it's so straightforward.

Thank God someone agrees with me. Someone's going to start spewing BS and saying I'm a terrible person because of that comment. Just wait.

G-train
07-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Thank God someone agrees with me. Someone's going to start spewing BS and saying I'm a terrible person because of that comment. Just wait.

yeah its not really funny at all.

DuMa
07-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Yea his brother was the main suspect. It was a very sad story. It's sad that money drives people to do this. The brother forged his name to get like 150k worth of gold..... then the mysterious disappearances on the boat happened. Only his brother returned alive out of the 4 people (skipper, Bison and his wife all missing).

Oh afterwards the brother who was the suspect killed himself with an insulin overdose.

that and the fact that Dele retired so freaking early at the age of 30. was still in his prime. and he walked away from a 36 million dollar contract. so many mysterious behavior that will never be explained.

97 bulls
07-29-2011, 02:00 AM
that and the fact that Dele retired so freaking early at the age of 30. was still in his prime. and he walked away from a 36 million dollar contract. so many mysterious behavior that will never be explained.
His retiring was abrupt. Dele was a very good player. Id liken him to nene hilario of the nuggets. Its the main reason I feel the 97 bulls are the greatest team ever. Dele in todays league would be a top 10 center. And avg 19/10

G-train
07-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Its the main reason I feel the 97 bulls are the greatest team ever.

Matt Steigenga

97 bulls
07-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Matt Steigenga
Him too

monkeypox
07-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Little known fact that the Clippers used to be the Boston Celtics. Look it up.

Lebron23
07-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Clippers needs to change the name of their team. Los Angeles Jammers is a more appropriate team monicker.

one2
07-29-2011, 03:36 AM

Dele has psychological problems as un PC as it sounds. He is clinically depressed and even attempted suicide a couple of times earlier in his NBA career.

He had enough money to live for the rest of his life and 36 mil just wasn't worth the stress.

Back In Shape
07-26-2019, 03:40 AM
Still no arrest in Wright's murder

You got your wish homie. Only took 9 years...

TheMan
07-26-2019, 03:51 AM
The fact that there still hasnt been an arrest shows that there were multiple hands involved to get rid of him. Im fully of the belief his ex-wife had him killed by a hitman to acquire his insurance money. He obviously didnt have much money available to him considering he was planning to head overseas for a few paychecks.

Just hearing her claim that he was at her house telling her he needed to sell a "box of drugs" was ridiculous enough. First off, why would he be at her home? Second off, why would he be telling her that hes going to sell drugs to make money? Then when you factor in that she claims 3 strange men came to "her home" looking for him but she didnt call the police makes it even more ridiculous.

I mean seriously, people are trying to act like it was drug related because he sold 2 cars to a Memphis drug dealer 5 years ago. The dude who got the cars has been in jail for 3 years. If his life was in danger for selling a few cars and some ghetto goons shot him, come on now. The streets are always talking. Espescially with such a high profile victim. Somebody would've gotten word and the police would be looking into suspects.
:applause:

You basically nailed it.

MrFonzworth
07-26-2019, 04:15 AM
Justice finally served in the summer of Kawhi/PG. The curse has finally been lifted:applause:

Chris Kamen is applauding from the heavens.

clipps
07-26-2019, 08:46 AM
Justice finally served in the summer of Kawhi/PG. The curse has finally been lifted:applause:

Chris Kamen is applauding from the heavens.
Nah. It transferred to the current doormat LA team. Have fun rotting in the LA Staples Arena after we get our own arena that we won't rent out, fakkits.