PDA

View Full Version : Austin Rivers #1 HS recruit is billed as the Next OJ Mayo

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/austin-rivers

He will own the ACC.

Kblaze8855
07-29-2011, 09:41 PM
since when is being a poor mans charlotte Eddie Jones enough to get people called a next..you?

Rose
07-29-2011, 09:44 PM
since when is being a poor mans charlotte Eddie Jones enough to get people called a next..you?
This.

Rivers is already as good as OJ Mayo.

which isnt saying much but still.

Peteballa
07-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Ouch... I really thought he could make something of himself. If he is destined to be the next OJ Mayo, he'll probably fall out of the Top 5 is he mocked at. Sucks.

I'm trolling. OJ is a good player, and so is Austin. I just think it's funny that being called the "next OJ Mayo" is some sort of status symbol for great player in your mind

BankShot
07-29-2011, 09:51 PM
So he's the next HIGHLY billed recruit that doesn't live up to expectations as a college "star" and then does the same in the NBA?? :confusedshrug:

He sounds like he's got a ton of tools, but we'll see if he pans out first in college, but then as a pro.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 09:53 PM
kiss my ass

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 09:55 PM
So he's the next HIGHLY billed recruit that doesn't live up to expectations as a college "star" and then does the same in the NBA?? :confusedshrug:

He sounds like he's got a ton of tools, but we'll see if he pans out first in college, but then as a pro.
http://i47.tinypic.com/wlq32x.gif

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 09:55 PM
This.

Rivers is already as good as OJ Mayo.

which isnt saying much but still.

So Rivers gonna put up 20 a game like OJ did as a rookie.
Me>You

BankShot
07-29-2011, 09:59 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/wlq32x.gif

How is that hating??

I've literally been hearing about O.J. Mayo since I was in 8th grade.

I was at Oregon during his one season at USC, so suffice it to say I saw plenty of OJ as a college player... quite frankly more than the majority of NCAA/NBA fans. No one can argue his performance at USC was not only underwhelming, but also inconsistent.

As for his NBA career, he had a good rookie season, but since has struggled to find a major role in Memphis. He might just need a new place to play, but as of now being a bench player for a good team simply IS NOT what his past legacy would suggest moving into his 4th year in the league.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:01 PM
How is that hating??

I've literally been hearing about O.J. Mayo since I was in 8th grade.

I was at Oregon during his one season at USC, so suffice it to say I saw plenty of OJ as a college player... quite frankly more than the majority of NCAA/NBA fans. No one can argue his performance at USC was not only underwhelming, but also inconsistent.

As for his NBA career, he had a good rookie season, but since has struggled to find a major role in Memphis. He might just need a new place to play, but as of now being a bench player for a good team simply IS NOT what his past legacy would suggest moving into his 4th year in the league.

Check his stats again.
21 ppg in college, as a freshman. That's getting it done.

Kblaze8855
07-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Yea....people were on here in like 2004 saying OJ would be better than Lebron. Short of Telfair there is nobody who was hyped that long and fell that short. And Telfair might not have either. OJ had people talking him up in the 7th grade.....

Hes just another better than average guard. OJ is supposed to be more than Seattle version Hersey Hawkins.

BankShot
07-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Check his stats again.
21 ppg in college, as a freshman. That's getting it done.

Are you really quoting a statline when discussing living up to inflated expectations?? :roll:

pete's montreux
07-29-2011, 10:06 PM
It's threads like this where you appreciate guys like StroShow who are fans of bad players and know it. OJ Mayo is not only irrelevant in this league, he's irrelevant on his own team. He's your run of the mill dime-a-dozen guard. I pray that Austin Rivers is nothing like him.

ballerz
07-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Rivers will quite easily surpass Mayo and be a much better player then him

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
It's threads like this where you appreciate guys like StroShow who are fans of bad players and know it. OJ Mayo is not only irrelevant in this league, he's irrelevant on his own team. He's your run of the mill dime-a-dozen guard. I pray that Austin Rivers is nothing like him.

Keep praying.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Your in for a shocker. It seems like every year I there is some new prospect I have to **** on. This place needs O.J. Mamba more than I thought

MasterDurant24
07-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Anthony Davis was the number one HS recruit.

Peteballa
07-29-2011, 10:14 PM
I love how Mayo has been a bit of a flop in the NBA and 6'4 mamba STILL talks shit lol. It's great.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Are you really quoting a statline when discussing living up to inflated expectations?? :roll:

http://media.knoxnews.com/media/img/photos/2011/05/10/Thunder_Grizzlies_Basketbal_t607.JPG

We keep winning games let the haters hate.

Peteballa
07-29-2011, 10:16 PM
http://media.knoxnews.com/media/img/photos/2011/05/10/Thunder_Grizzlies_Basketbal_t607.JPG

I love how your responses have absolutely nothing to do with what they are responding to.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:16 PM
I love how Mayo has been a bit of a flop in the NBA and 6'4 mamba STILL talks shit lol. It's great.

Mayo for life, that ain't never gonna change. Next season we coming for the number 1 spot.

Rowe
07-29-2011, 10:17 PM

Doubt it.

He'll get moved to SG and end up putting up similar numbers to Mayo's in his first 2 years in Memphis. They do have identical all around games and carry a mindset of thinking they can be PG's. Rivers is a little more athletic, than Mayo, while Mayo is better creating his own shot.

I've never understood the Rivers hype. Hes good, but he certainly isnt that great of a NBA prospect.

WadeRekeforlife
07-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Marcus Thornton>OJ Mayo

BankShot
I love how your responses have absolutely nothing to do with what they are responding to.

You haven't heard?

When someone has nothing relevant or insightful to say, they respond with an image they didn't create, and one of the following words:

- Hate
- Swag
- Championships

:rolleyes:

Kblaze8855
OJ Mayo wins games like Derek Anderson won games.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
Doubt it.

He'll get moved to SG and end up putting up similar numbers to Mayo's in his first 2 years in Memphis. They do have identical all around games and carry a mindset of thinking they can be PG's. Rivers is a little more athletic, than Mayo, while Mayo is better creating his own shot.

I've never understood the Rivers hype. Hes good, but he certainly isnt that great of a NBA prospect.

A voice of reasoning. There are some of you out there.

Samurai Swoosh
07-29-2011, 10:19 PM
OJ Mayo wins games like Derek Anderson won games.
D.A. was a good starting SG, to his credit.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:19 PM

You guys are worthy of a response. Pure ignorance, no need to waste time with folks like you and Kblaze
Welcome to the ignore list.

Rowe
07-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Anthony Davis was the number one HS recruit.
This. He'll also be the #2 pick at worst in this upcoming draft, I've never seen anything like him on the court.

Its like an act of God for a 6'3 SG with D1 scholarship offers from mid major schools suddenly grows '7 inches and becomes a PF. The guy is still learning how to be a frontcourt player, because he has a tendency to take on his man as if hes still a SG.

Kblaze8855
07-29-2011, 10:21 PM
D.A. was a good starting SG, to his credit

OJ is a good guard too. But nothing more.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:25 PM
D.A. was a good starting SG, to his credit.
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/mbc242/GIFs/theofficegtfo.gif

Anderson highest points per game was 16.8 ppg. OJ his rookie year 18.5 ppg on better shooting.

Samurai Swoosh
07-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Anderson highest points per game was 16.8 ppg. OJ his rookie year 18.5 ppg on better shooting.
I wasn't comparing him to OJ, kid ...

Over sensitive, much?

:oldlol:

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:28 PM
I wasn't comparing him to OJ, kid ...

Over sensitive, much?

Taking on an army of haters ain't easy, but still I stand tall.

Peteballa
07-29-2011, 10:29 PM
You guys are worthy of a response. Pure ignorance, no need to waste time with folks like you and Kblaze
Welcome to the ignore list.

:cletus:

Rowe
07-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Yea....people were on here in like 2004 saying OJ would be better than Lebron. Short of Telfair there is nobody who was hyped that long and fell that short. And Telfair might not have either. OJ had people talking him up in the 7th grade.....

Hes just another better than average guard. OJ is supposed to be more than Seattle version Hersey Hawkins.
This.

I remember hearing about this kid nearly 9 years ago. Sports Illustrated did a story on him as a basketball phenom destroying HS seniors in Kentucky, despite being just a 7th grader. OJ's handlers purposely enrolled him in Kentucky where they had Junior/Senior High Schools so he could play against kids 4-5 years older than him. I might be wrong, but I believe he played 6 years of "HS basketball" while Bill Walker played 5 years.

Anyways, I remember the hype. The crazy thing is Mayo was the #1 recruit in his class all the way up until a kid named Derrick Rose emerged. Ever since the end of their Junior Yr of HS, Derrick Rose has continually surpassed Mayo.

Basically Derrick Rose became what OJ Mayo was supposed to become.

While Mayo had his worst season of his career, was suspended for 10 games, got beat up on a plane, & was all but traded to Indiana. Rose won NBA MVP and become one of the biggest stars in the game.

Wow man. In retrospect, its absolutely crazy the way their career paths have gone.

Now we're talking about Mayo being the perfect fit to join the Bulls and be a sidekick to Rose.

Ikill
07-29-2011, 10:30 PM
They do have similar games and potentials IMO. Mayo really hasn't established himself yet so i don't think their comparing Rivers to where Mayo is right now but just saying they have the same ceiling. I could see them both being borderline all stars that put up like 22-25 points on average/mediocre teams similar to Monta Ellis.

Samurai Swoosh
07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Taking on an army of haters ain't easy, but still I stand tall.
Well you bring it on yourself when you say dumb stuff, sometimes.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:33 PM
This.

I remember hearing about this kid nearly 9 years ago. Sports Illustrated did a story on him as a basketball phenom destroying HS seniors in Kentucky, despite being just a 7th grader. OJ's handlers purposely enrolled him in Kentucky where they had Junior/Senior High Schools so he could play against kids 4-5 years older than him. I might be wrong, but I believe he played 6 years of "HS basketball" while Bill Walker played 5 years.

Anyways, I remember the hype. The crazy thing is Mayo was the #1 recruit in his class all the way up until a kid named Derrick Rose emerged. Ever since the end of their Junior Yr of HS, Derrick Rose has continually surpassed Mayo.

While Mayo had his worst season of his career, was suspended for 10 games, got beat up on a plane, & was all but traded to Indiana. Rose won NBA MVP and become one of the biggest stars in the game.

Wow man. In retrospect, its absolutely crazy the way their career paths have gone.

Now we're talking about Mayo being the perfect fit to join the Bulls and be a sidekick to Rose.

A wise man once told me, it isn't who begins the race, it is who finishes it.
Let OJ Mayo play his career out, Then we shall pass judgement. Check Steve Nash's 3rd year stats and compare them to his prime.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Well you bring it on yourself when you say dumb stuff, sometimes.
people can't handle the truth. That's where I come in, I'm the truth teller

Samurai Swoosh
07-29-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm the truth teller
Ok Miss Cleo ... carry on then bro.

Rose
07-29-2011, 10:36 PM
A wise man once told me, it isn't who begins the race, it is who finishes it.
Let OJ Mayo play his career out, Then we shall pass judgement. Check Steve Nash's 3rd year stats and compare them to his prime.
The difference is...One backed up KJ, Cassell and Kidd.

While the other backs up Tony Allen.

Rowe
07-29-2011, 10:38 PM
They do have similar games and potentials IMO. Mayo really hasn't established himself yet so i don't think their comparing Rivers to where Mayo is right now but just saying they have the same ceiling. I could see them both being borderline all stars that put up like 22-25 points on average/mediocre teams similar to Monta Ellis.

Definetly.

I think Mayo can put up very good numbers(22/3/4) in a new situation, of course I really liked the thought of bringing him to New York. There is still something about Mayo that makes me think he has a "star" quality to him, but he just needs that opportunity to shine. However, hes almost 24 and there really isnt that much time for him to get that opportunity.

We know Memphis is gonna let him walk next summer, so it'll be interesting to see where he ends up. What about Charlotte?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:40 PM

That doesn't mean **** James Harden backs up Sefolosha. Jason Terry backs up Stevenson. It is a clear defense offensive game plan. Who the hell did Manu back up all those years?

haters try so hard sometimes, makes it easy on me.

Rowe
07-29-2011, 10:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ZSRHu.jpg

Damn.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Definetly.

I think Mayo can put up very good numbers(22/3/4) in a new situation, of course I really liked the thought of bringing him to New York. There is still something about Mayo that makes me think he has a "star" quality to him, but he just needs that opportunity to shine. However, hes almost 24 and there really isnt that much time for him to get that opportunity.

We know Memphis is gonna let him walk next summer, so it'll be interesting to see where he ends up. What about Charlotte?

With Michael Jordan running things there :hammerhead: .

Rose
07-29-2011, 10:42 PM
That doesn't mean **** James Harden backs up Sefolosha. Jason Terry backs up Stevenson. It is a clear defense offensive game plan. Who the hell did Manu back up all those years?

haters try so hard sometimes, makes it easy on me.
harden's the exception because all the others are veterans backing up other veterans. and in the case of Harden he was too young to start until now. And Harden never lost his starting job.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
harden's the exception because all the others are veterans backing up other veterans. and in the case of Harden he was too young to start until now. And Harden never lost his starting job.

OJ gonna get his job back., the starting SG role. He does this for a living.

Rowe
07-29-2011, 10:44 PM
With Michael Jordan running things there :hammerhead: .

I was thinking about an opportunity where he'd be more than a 3rd option or role player.

A chance to show what he can do when he has the task to lead a team as a #1 option. Maybe it'll work, maybe it wont. Charlotte would be ideal.

Rose
07-29-2011, 10:46 PM
I was thinking about an opportunity where he'd be more than a 3rd option or role player.

A chance to show what he can do when he has the task to lead a team as a #1 option. Maybe it'll work, maybe it wont. Charlotte would be ideal.
I'd like to(although I doubt it happening) see him take a Chauncey Billups type path to maturity.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:48 PM
I'd like to(although I doubt it happening) see him take a Chauncey Billups type path to maturity.

Stop lying. You'd like nothing more for OJ to take the path of Sebastian Telfair. It won't happen, OJ has too much game to let that happen to him.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:49 PM

I see what you mean. Charlotte is such a wasteland though, I mean can you even name 5 players on that team. I can't.

Rose
07-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Stop lying. You'd like nothing more for OJ to take the path of Sebastian Telfair. It won't happen, OJ has too much game to let that happen to him.
I like the guy. You just vastly overrate him. And when the Grizzlies started out shitty last year you jumped ship, especially after he lost his starting job.

At best on a shitty team he's a bad version of Monta Ellis.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I like the guy. You just vastly overrate him. And when the Grizzlies started out shitty last year you jumped ship, especially after he lost his starting job.

At best on a shitty team he's a bad version of Monta Ellis.

Am I? instead of me overrating him. Have you ever wondered am I underrating him. I'm a glass half full person, your a glass half empty person.
Therefore makes
Me>You

Rowe
07-29-2011, 10:59 PM
I see what you mean. Charlotte is such a wasteland though, I mean can you even name 5 players on that team. I can't.

They'll start to turn it around in a few years. I think Jordan has finally realized that they need to go with a youth movement and be really bad in order to be good down the line.

Mayo could be a star there during that rebuilding time. Maybe MJ might give him his own line of Jordan's. :lol

WadeRekeforlife
07-29-2011, 11:01 PM
seriously how is OJ Mayo like Kobe? His face and smile? Guarntee the Kobe comparison came from nbadraft.net lol

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 11:03 PM
seriously how is OJ Mayo like Kobe? His face and smile? Guarntee the Kobe comparison came from nbadraft.net lol

Nope. OJ has always been compared to different guards around his 6'3-6'5 frame. Whether that was Chauncey Billups, Gilbert Arenas, Ray Allen, Ben Gordon etc. Rumor was his ceiling was comparable to Kobe's. That's why I had to call him the 6'4 Mamba.

305Baller
07-29-2011, 11:07 PM

He will own the ACC.

ok thanks, i will check for him.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 11:09 PM
They'll start to turn it around in a few years. I think Jordan has finally realized that they need to go with a youth movement and be really bad in order to be good down the line.

Mayo could be a star there during that rebuilding time. Maybe MJ might give him his own line of Jordan's. :lol

http://www.ojmayonnaise.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/nike-oj-mayo-logo.jpg
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/nike-huarache-supreme-09-pe-1.jpg

http://solecollector.com/media/u/images/nike-flight-lite-2010-oj-mayo-05.jpg

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/May-27-OJ_Mayo_White_RearBeauty.jpg

OJ Mayo's Nike Player Exclusive> Team Jordan Brand garbage.

WadeRekeforlife
07-29-2011, 11:11 PM
the last one is pretty funky

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 11:12 PM
ok thanks, i will check for him.

Austin playing for Duke this year you will hear about him. Top shooting guard of his class. He is about 6'4-6'5 . A big time shotmaker, like OJ. This thread was suppose to be about Austin and the honor of being compared to OJ Mayo. But idiots like Kblaze came to troll the thread.

So I had to s****** on all on them.

Kblaze8855
07-29-2011, 11:26 PM
I assure you...nobody is honored by an OJ Mayo comparison in 2011. OJ Mayo is the player guys would be happy to be once they are old enough to accept that not everyone can be a superstar. OJ is the guy people settle for being once they let go of the ego that makes all young stars think they can be Kobe.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 11:37 PM
I assure you...nobody is honored by an OJ Mayo comparison in 2011. OJ Mayo is the player guys would be happy to be once they are old enough to accept that not everyone can be a superstar. OJ is the guy people settle for being once they let go of the ego that makes all young stars think they can be Kobe.
http://www.shoptradition.com/store/blog/uploaded_images/oj-mayo-slam1-738375.jpg

The Fresh Prince of La is coming home. To learn under Kobe. We aren't worthy

Grinder
07-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Ironic that OJ will be the 4th best player drafted from USC in the last few years. Soon to be fifth after Vucevic turns out to be a beast.

Derozan, Young, Gibson, Juice :roll:

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Ironic that OJ will be the 4th best player drafted from USC since 08. :lol

Derozan, Young, Gibson, Juice

But yet neither of those players has put up a year better than OJ's first or second year.
Keep them coming haters.

Grinder
07-29-2011, 11:42 PM
OJ Mayo 11 ppg/2 apg/3 rpg on 41% from the field. ROFL

lmao @ inflated stats on a non-playoff team

Derozan is younger by two years too. OJ was 21 as a rookie. Derozan's 21 now.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-29-2011, 11:43 PM
OJ Mayo 11 ppg/2 apg/3 rpg on 41% from the field. ROFL

lmao @ inflated stats on a non-playoff team

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/you%20mad/grand/you_mad_lol_gif.gif

Since when has Demar or Young been in the playoffs. OJ his 2nd year was on a 40 win team. They were mediocre, but not terrible like the Craptors or Wizards were. Your argument makes no f*cking sense.

RedBlackAttack
07-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Actually, I think this could end up being a very appropriate comparison. I'm not sold at all on what I've seen of Rivers thus far... At least, not in terms of the hype that he has been receiving.

He has got talent and decent size for his position, but whether or not he can acclimate his game to become a transcendent player on the collegiate or professional levels remain to be seen.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-29-2011, 11:55 PM
This.

Good Post, but Rose was never ranked higher than OJ Mayo when they were both in highschool.

Rose beat out Mayo after his stellar performance during march madness.

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-29-2011, 11:59 PM
OJ Mayo ranked #1 on scouts.com and Derrick Rose at #5
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2007

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 12:04 AM

OJ was the consensus #1 recruit, but it wasn't unanimous like it was for LeBron James. As many people seem to make it out to be. OJ was as low as #5 rank recruit on some ranking sites. I know Rivals had OJ around there and Eric Gordon as the #1 recruit.

Either way the point is the Verdict isn't out on OJ. As idiots like KBlaze and Grinder make it seem. OJ is 23 years old, never been embraced by his coach and still has managed to average almost 19 ppg and 18 ppg in a single season. No SG around his age has done that besides Tyreke and Eric.

So please haters STFU and GTFO haters. That's all have a nice day.

Grinder
07-30-2011, 12:08 AM
lmao @ this kid using GIFs and posting statistics from Juice's rookie and sophomore seasons as a justification of his "greatness"

Can't be bothered with these weak ass, prepubescent nikkas. :roll:

8BeastlyXOIAD
07-30-2011, 12:10 AM
OJ was the consensus #1 recruit, but it wasn't unanimous like it was for LeBron James. As many people seem to make it out to be. OJ was as low as #5 rank recruit on some ranking sites. I know Rivals had OJ around there and Eric Gordon as the #1 recruit.

Either way the point is the Verdict isn't out on OJ. As idiots like KBlaze and Grinder make it seem. OJ is 23 years old, never been embraced by his coach and still has managed to average almost 19 ppg and 18 ppg in a single season. No SG around his age has done that besides Tyreke and Eric.

So please hates STFU and GTFO haters. That's all have a nice day.

Actually my boy Michael Beasley aka B-Easy was number 1 on Rivals

OJ was like 4th or 5th behind Beas, EJ, Rose, Love.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 12:10 AM
lmao @ this kid using GIFs and posting statistics from Juice's rookie and sophomore seasons as a justification of his "greatness"

Can't be bothered with these weak ass, prepubescent nikkas. :roll:
Respect your elders. I'm probably older then you. Married and have a kid. What have you done lately?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Actually my boy Michael Beasley aka B-Easy was number 1 on Rivals

OJ was like 4th or 5th behind Beas, EJ, Rose, Love.
You get the point.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 12:14 AM
This was suppose to be a beautiful thread. A young stud getting compared to another young stud. That's all I was trying to convey. However, when you gotta s**** on some people, well, so be it.

Court Vision
07-30-2011, 12:29 AM
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/mbc242/GIFs/theofficegtfo.gif

I'll guarantee you never saw DA play. You just look up stats on the internet.

And Mayo got passed up by two guards in his own class -- Rose AND Gordon. Been underwhelming since leaving HS.

Court Vision
07-30-2011, 12:33 AM

So please haters STFU and GTFO haters. That's all have a nice day.

Internet publication rankings mean nothing.

Do you only care about arbitrary rankings and PPG?

ballup
07-30-2011, 12:56 AM
It's only a skill-set comparison, not a chosen career path. :rolleyes:

Borderlands
07-30-2011, 02:04 AM
Being dubbed OJ Mayo as Doc Rivers's son is actually kind of a disgrace.

imdaman99
07-30-2011, 03:54 AM

i loved when westbrook dropped a triple double on his ass in game 7 :lol

artificial
07-30-2011, 03:56 AM
So the #1 HS recruit is expected to be a bench player in the NBA? :(

imdaman99
07-30-2011, 03:56 AM
damn blake griff was #16. its amazing how steroids will enhance your game so much :oldlol:

Lebron23
07-30-2011, 06:29 AM
OJ Mayo needs to be traded on another team. It sucks that the Grizzlies have plenty of good scorers on their team. I want to see how Rivers would perform well in College. Base on the highlights reels he seems like a very athletic player.

alenleomessi
07-30-2011, 07:02 AM
how is he the next oj mayo, when he is already better than him ?

Bigsmoke
07-30-2011, 07:37 AM
then he wont be anything special

Faberg
07-30-2011, 07:40 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I came in this tread expecting comedy and I did. :cheers:

Court Vision
07-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Respect your elders. I'm probably older then you. Married and have a kid. What have you done lately?

Dude, I thought you were like 12 this whole time.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/michael-jordan-lol.gif

pete's montreux
07-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Someone procreated with this guy? Is your kid the next oj da shisxh fo mumba!?

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Someone procreated with this guy? Is your kid the next oj da shisxh fo mumba!?

My wife is a beauty.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Dude, I thought you were like 12 this whole time.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/michael-jordan-lol.gif

That makes you wrong, though it isn't saying much.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
OJ Mayo needs to be traded on another team. It sucks that the Grizzlies have plenty of good scorers on their team. I want to see how Rivers would perform well in College. Base on the highlights reels he seems like a very athletic player.

OJ Mayo is fine. He will come out blazing next season. So until then this one is for the haters in here.

thejumpa
07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Dunno about this one....from what I've seen Rivers is a taller AI. Just another combo guard who will ultimately rely on his quickness and handles. OJ is the truth, though. Of course "what have you done for me lately" ISH will hate on him, but will all dude is a baller. Probably not as a first option, but he's a solid #2 option when in a better role.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Dunno about this one....from what I've seen Rivers is a taller AI. Just another combo guard who will ultimately rely on his quickness and handles. OJ is the truth, though. Of course "what have you done for me lately" ISH will hate on him, but will all dude is a baller. Probably not as a first option, but he's a solid #2 option when in a better role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjrdYu1QYk

We need more intelligent posters like yourself out there. I am the lone ranger around this park. OJ can do it all, it is a matter of him getting the opportunity to be able to do in on an every game basis.

Samurai Swoosh
07-30-2011, 02:27 PM
I think OJ would be very solid as a 3rd option on a championship caliber team.

He could be a good 2nd option on a team that never expects to win a ring.

And if he's the number 1 option, the team isn't doing anything.

Ikill
07-30-2011, 02:29 PM

Yeah thats what i think he'll be something like joe Johnson

O.J A 6'4Mamba
07-30-2011, 02:36 PM

You say that, but then I come back with when any player besides Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant/Russell Westbrook proven they can win while being one of the top options?
Love, Tyreke, DeMar, Nick, Gordon, Wall, Curry, Monta, Jennings . All play for ******** terrible teams that didn't even come close to sniffing the playoffs. OJ plays on a championship contending team right now, especially with Rudy coming back, and the addition of Selby.

Samurai Swoosh
07-30-2011, 02:39 PM
OJ plays on a championship contending team right now, especially with Rudy coming back, and the addition of Selby.
They lost in the 2nd round ... how are they championship contenders?

They caught teams by suprise this season, we'll see how they do the next season when people are geared up for them. That's the true test.

And besides that ... it wasn't OJ's play that sparked that team.

Marc Gasol
Zach Randolph
Tony Allen

These are the guys that gave that team the character they had to pull off some suprising wins.

Peteballa
07-30-2011, 02:52 PM

OJ Mayo is fine. He will come out blazing next season. So until then this one is for the haters in here.

Dear god you are so stupid it hurts

pete's montreux
07-30-2011, 03:51 PM
If by play, you really meant "rode the bench and got garbage minutes", then yeah, OJ totally played on a playoff team.

WadeRekeforlife
07-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Mayo's ceiling is Mike Bibby :lol

theaussieguy
07-30-2011, 11:17 PM
i always just assumed that OJ was a troll, and i will stick with my assumption

you guys gettin trolled hard, fkin dumbasses

The_Yearning
07-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Mayo's ceiling is Mike Bibby :lol

That is too high of a ceiling for Mayo... Bibby was cold blooded during the Sac/Lal days...

purplch0de
07-31-2011, 12:31 AM
This was suppose to be a beautiful thread. A young stud getting compared to another young stud. That's all I was trying to convey. However, when you gotta s**** on some people, well, so be it.

L:roll: L

OJ Mayo is no longer worthy of threads unless he's found dead in a ditch

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-01-2011, 02:51 PM
You can thank me now or you can thank me later. O.J. Mamba is back.

Peteballa
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
You can thank me now or you can thank me later. O.J. Mamba is back.

You are either the dumbest human being on the planet or one of the greatest trolls on the planet.

The_Yearning
08-01-2011, 08:17 PM

OJ is a 4th option on a championship caliber team...ask yourself this:

Is OJ better than Lamar Odom?

OJ will never ever make it to an All NBA team or even an All-star game to be honest. I could see OJ getting in trouble with the law somewhere down the road that will thwart this career even more.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-01-2011, 08:32 PM

OJ will never ever make it to an All NBA team or even an All-star game to be honest. I could see OJ getting in trouble with the law somewhere down the road that will thwart this career even more.

OJ is a first class citizen. We need more NBA players like him. He not going to get in trouble with the law, outside of something related to drug possession.

As for Lamar, Lamar is a glue type of player. He can do everything right, but isn't even to close to the game changer that OJ has shown to be. and OJ only going to get better. Watch that triple overtime game again 2nd round. If you think otherwise.

thejumpa
08-02-2011, 02:50 AM

Sorry man but you lost me...what does Lamar Odom have to do with anything? If I'm looking for a 2 guard who is versatile and score, I'm going with Mayo. If I need a big man to rebound and stretch the defense a little with his range, I'm taking Odom. Two different players in two different roles playing two completely different positions. I'm sorry but that's a HORRIBLE comparison.

FWIW I've heard nothing but good things about OJ from my USC buddies. I don't know where you're getting all this "I could see OJ getting in trouble with the law somewhere does the road..." stuff at.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
11-16-2011, 03:13 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eM4qTD3pQbA/TVi_Op9WzCI/AAAAAAAABCc/P-v_Tud1Tas/s1600/oj-mayo1.jpg

OJ Mayo says hi.
Where are ***gotts now? Rivers has been awful for a number 1 recruit. This thread is such an insult to OJ Mayo. candidate for worst thread of the year.

Maga_1
11-16-2011, 03:20 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eM4qTD3pQbA/TVi_Op9WzCI/AAAAAAAABCc/P-v_Tud1Tas/s1600/oj-mayo1.jpg

OJ Mayo says hi.
Where are ***gotts now? Rivers has been awful for a number 1 recruit. This thread is such an insult to OJ Mayo. candidate for worst thread of the year.

You created this thread.

Vienceslav
11-16-2011, 03:21 PM
You created this thread.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

DuMa
11-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Rivers has no impact on the game. he is only good if you want to get the other guy in foul trouble.

BankShot
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
OJ Mayo says hi.

Who made it?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fiasco
11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
You created this thread.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rekindled
11-16-2011, 03:37 PM

OJ Mayo says hi.

Kellogs4toniee
11-16-2011, 03:38 PM

OJ Mayo says hi.

*Looks at original topic creator

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

KingBeasley08
11-16-2011, 03:53 PM
You created this thread.
:roll:

alenleomessi
11-16-2011, 04:05 PM

bdreason
11-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Rivers played terrible in the game I watched. Coach K had to keep him on the bench to win the game.

Go Getter
11-16-2011, 04:41 PM
You created this thread.
:oldlol: :lol :roll:

ballup
11-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Rivers played terrible in the game I watched. Coach K had to keep him on the bench to win the game.
He's already starting to fulfill his comparison to Mayo.

kumquat
11-16-2011, 05:14 PM
You created this thread.

epic :oldlol:

Miserio
11-16-2011, 09:53 PM
He's already starting to fulfill his comparison to Mayo.
Yeah he wasn't consistent but it looked like every time he wanted to attack the basket no guard could stop him.

madmax
11-16-2011, 10:14 PM
dayum...this thread is pure GOLD:lol Good for creating some vitamin C when you need it. Keep it up guys

alwaysunny
11-16-2011, 10:32 PM

OJ Mayo says hi.

LMAOO :roll: :roll: :roll:

NJW1247
11-16-2011, 10:58 PM
You created this thread.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol :lol :oldlol: :oldlol:

DevilsAssassin
11-16-2011, 11:00 PM

He will own the ACC.

OJ Mayo says hi.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jacks3
11-16-2011, 11:05 PM
You created this thread.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ANetsVinSanity15
11-16-2011, 11:37 PM
LMAOOOO :roll: :lol :oldlol:

Meticode
11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
It doesn't matter what the hell this thread was even about, just the fact Mamba called his own thread a candidate for worst of the year made this one of hte best threads of the year. :roll: Holy crap I was going through each post and I read that and didn't' catch it at first, then someone bolded what he said and was like, "Did you make the thread?" Wow...

The_Yearning
11-16-2011, 11:57 PM

OJ Mayo says hi.

This is just all too perfectly planned. And you bumped this thread too.

AMISTILLILL
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Did this dipshit actually forget he made this thread? :lol

Fiasco
11-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Did this dipshit actually forget he made this thread? :lol

not only that, HE BUMPED IT HIMSELF TO SAY IT WAS SHIT.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

entropy35
11-17-2011, 01:59 AM
6'4 mamba never ceases to amaze. lol.

B-Easy8
11-17-2011, 09:25 AM
If Mayo is this guy's ceiling then his future isn't that bright.

coin24
11-17-2011, 09:30 AM
:facepalm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OmniStrife
11-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Oh boy. Another thread by O.J A 6'4Mamba...

Can't wait to see his collection of homo-erotic Mayo pics posted above statlines....

O.J A 6'4Mamba
11-19-2012, 06:37 AM
You guys set this poor kid up to fail, Austin River is scrub

Go Getter
11-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Funny he blames ISH for his historically tragic assessment skills.

Clippersfan86
11-19-2012, 11:56 AM

OJ Mayo says hi.

:roll: :biggums:

jamal99
11-19-2012, 12:04 PM

tomtucker
11-19-2012, 02:32 PM

what he do now ?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
11-19-2012, 03:08 PM
It doesn't matter what the hell this thread was even about, just the fact Mamba called his own thread a candidate for worst of the year made this one of hte best threads of the year. :roll: Holy crap I was going through each post and I read that and didn't' catch it at first, then someone bolded what he said and was like, "Did you make the thread?" Wow...

:roll:

Hilarious.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
11-19-2012, 03:10 PM

OJ Mayo says hi.

How do you not notice you created the thread? Called yourself out on this one

alwaysunny
11-19-2012, 03:19 PM
http://stk.dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chris-Webber.jpg

MAMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA