PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Hardest Working NBA Players

Heilige
12-23-2006, 07:12 PM
That Steve Nash thread got me thinking....

Who do you think are the 10 hardest working players in the NBA today? Who practices the most? Who has the highest work ethic? Try to pu tthem in order if you can, and explain your reasonings.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Steve Nash
3. Tim Duncan
4. Yao Ming
5. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. LeBron James
9. Gilbert Arenas
10. Kevin Garnett

I'll try to explain my reasonings later when I have time.

konex
12-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Bron shoots 70-ish% from the line in his 4th year as a perimeter player
Wade still can't shoot 3s as a combo guard

Smells like complacency to me. I'd bump them down below the other guys..

RidonKs
12-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Do you honestly think that only superstars (like the ones you put down) work the hardest? Practice isn't the only thing that makes you a great player. It takes natural talent, and I'd put a lot of money on the fact that there would be at least a couple, if not more, average players who work harder than half the guys on your list.

The fact is, you can't assume with these guys. It's not like Antonio Daniels and Hakim Warrack get a lot of airplay, showcasing how much effort they put into their games. Not all of it comes out in their play. It takes a ton of natural skill, to go along with the hours put in, to be a really great player.

Glove_20
12-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Jason Kidd is one of the hardest working players in history and u don't have him there

Ghost_Delay
12-23-2006, 08:27 PM
LeBron shouldn't be in there at all.
Arenas goes through those insane 4 hour shooting drills in the middle of the night, don't know if he works as hard on other things.
Ben Gordon works hard too, Dwight Howard, as do guys like Bowen & Ross that shouldn't be in the NBA based on their talents.

Oh, & AI !!!

LakersRuleTheNBA
12-23-2006, 08:30 PM

Who do you think are the 10 hardest working players in the NBA today? Who practices the most? Who has the highest work ethic? Try to pu tthem in order if you can, and explain your reasonings.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Steve Nash
3. Tim Duncan
4. Yao Ming
5. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. LeBron James
9. Gilbert Arenas
10. Kevin Garnett

Why isn't Shaq on that list?

I kid, I kid...

LakersDynasty
12-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Like Ridonks said, you can't assume with all those players. But it's clearly obvious that Arenas, Kobe, and Nash have to be amongst the hardest working NBA players.

kumquat
12-23-2006, 08:37 PM
You've pretty much just listed the top 10 players in the NBA. Guys like Kobe and Gil, sure they train their asses off. Guys like Dirk, Melo, Yao, you don't hear of any superhuman workouts and training.

FabCasablancas
12-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Dirk is really lazy! haha

You always hear how he is lounging. But, I guess if you don't have to work to do it why should you?

Ghost_Delay
12-23-2006, 08:44 PM
You've pretty much just listed the top 10 players in the NBA. Guys like Kobe and Gil, sure they train their asses off. Guys like Dirk, Melo, Yao, you don't hear of any superhuman workouts and training.

Dirk does, who do you think Nash was practising with all those years?
Same goes for Yao, Chinese in general are used to working hard.
Wouldn't know about Melo.

BonyFaceNDong
12-23-2006, 09:03 PM

Have you ever seen a player coming to the league as weak as Yao and as easily tired as Yao became what he is now? He could only lift 180lbs when he entered the league, not 400+lbs. He would passed out only 5 minutes into the game, now he can give you a good 38 minutes. A 300lb player with 7% body fat. You think he achieves that by laying on the bed all day?

Every player who played with Yao pretty much said Yao is the hardest worker they've ever played with. The guy starts work two hours before each practice, stays in gym one or two hour after each game, watching game tapes on airplane alone, no party, no night club etc.

geeWiz15
12-23-2006, 09:19 PM
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Steve Nash
3. Tim Duncan
4. Yao Ming
5. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. LeBron James
9. Gilbert Arenas
10. Kevin Garnett
where did you get this list from? you totally BSed this.

1. Gilbert
2. Kobe

I dont have a specific order after this but Etan Thomas, Ben Wallace, Caron Butler (shoots 88% from the line.. not even Kobe can pull that one off), Brian Cardinal, Nash are EXTREMELY hard working.

Heilige
12-23-2006, 09:35 PM
where did you get this list from? you totally BSed this.

1. Gilbert
2. Kobe

I dont have a specific order after this but Etan Thomas, Ben Wallace, Caron Butler (shoots 88% from the line.. not even Kobe can pull that one off), Brian Cardinal, Nash are EXTREMELY hard working.

Do you have a link or any more info on Nash's workout regimen? I'm curious about it.

I figured Kobe was the hardest working. Why do you think Arenas is?

HHH
12-23-2006, 09:35 PM
I stopped reading this post once I saw you listed LeBronze James.

SupermanOnSteroids
12-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Why youall countin out Lebron. Makin commercials ain't easy.

RidonKs
12-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Especially when you play all four characters.

BankShot
12-23-2006, 09:40 PM
I would think the truly hardest working players would be the fringe-scrubs who love the game but can't quite make the rotation.

Silent Mav
12-23-2006, 09:44 PM

You're wrong on Dirk. It may not get much press nationwide but it's well known here about his work ethic. People have been instructed by the Mavs to basically throw him out of the gym, he's there so much. Just this week after they landed in Seattle. He and Jet went and worked out at the gym till 9:30 that night. And his offseason workouts in Germany with Holger are as intense as anyone's offseason program.

I'm not saying that those other players don't as well. I just know about his from living here. I'm sure fans of those players can contribute on their behalf.

Jerz Netz
12-23-2006, 10:22 PM

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Steve Nash
3. Tim Duncan
4. Yao Ming
5. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. LeBron James
9. Gilbert Arenas
10. Kevin Garnett

worst list ever. you just saying the top 10 players in the nba are the hardest working? no chance:pimp:

geeWiz15
12-23-2006, 10:27 PM
actually, Kobe probably is.

Heilige
12-23-2006, 10:33 PM
actually, Kobe probably is.

Do you have any info on Steve Nash's work ethic/workout regimen? :cheers:

Spike Spiegel
12-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Any list without Redd on it, is, well, wrong.

wally_world
12-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Dwight Howard... he IS the MOST hardworking player in the league...

MTing
12-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Jkidd should be around 4 on that list

XxNeXuSxX
12-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Dumbass topic

QFT

jbot
12-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Do you honestly think that only superstars (like the ones you put down) work the hardest? Practice isn't the only thing that makes you a great player. It takes natural talent, and I'd put a lot of money on the fact that there would be at least a couple, if not more, average players who work harder than half the guys on your list.

good answer. my thoughts exactly.

benJAMin
12-24-2006, 01:44 AM
How bout adding Rip to the list? Those 80 mile runs must be worth SOMETHING

AKA AAP
12-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Do you have a link or any more info on Nash's workout regimen? I'm curious about it.

How exactly do you figure that you imbecile? Kobe is the ONLY player that routinely publicizes his workouts, which aren't even proven to be true...

If you don't know how hard all the other players work, what they do in the offseason, how can you make a top 10 list? :rolleyes:

Y2Gezee
12-24-2006, 05:26 AM

Melo's offseason the past 2 years has had some pretty praised workout programs. He runs the red rocks in Denver, trained like a Boxer this offseason under some guy with Chris Paul who said he's never seen anyone work as hard as Melo. And ofcourse like many other stars is a gym rat then and even now during practices.

Yao? I doubt it. But I don't know.

hotsizzle
12-24-2006, 05:29 AM
How exactly do you figure that you imbecile? Kobe is the ONLY player that routinely publicizes his workouts, which aren't even proven to be true...

If you don't know how hard all the other players work, what they do in the offseason, how can you make a top 10 list? :rolleyes:

make it sound like kobe comes out and says heres my workout. the workout i posted was given out by one of his trainers and whenever hes asked about it, he just says he gets in the gym early at 5:30 and is done by 12. he doesnt come out and say what his workout is, he is often asked because of his rep as a very hard worker

that said, i somewhat agree with you...its almost impossible to make an accurate list when we dont know every players' workout but that doesnt mean ppl cant share what they think about it

wally_world
12-24-2006, 05:32 AM
Dwight Howard and Rip = 2 hardest working... others i don't know..

hotsizzle
12-24-2006, 05:35 AM
in no order

kobe
arenas
carmelo
yao
duncan
d howard
steve nash
j kidd
garnett
rip

adamballs
12-24-2006, 07:11 AM
david lee???

antemiogordon
12-24-2006, 10:02 AM
I assuming that misconception of hardworking is synonim of tallent, right? ... hardworking in practice, in games? probably those who work harde than everyone are role players that try to keep a place in the league, no Superstarts.

duskovujosevic
08-05-2014, 08:50 AM
bump

Nick Young
08-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Jerry Sloan used to say Rafael Araujo was the hardest working player he'd ever seen in the league. Still, no matter how hard he worked, he was still always the 15th man at the end of Jerry Sloans bench who was lucky to get 2 minutes of garbage time in blowouts.

Pretty crazy.

VengefulAngel
08-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Lebron's work ethic is/was really underrated.

LBJ 23
08-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Threads like this are so stupid. Look at OP, most of the players listed there are stars or superstars. I bet there is a ton of harder working scrubs and average players in the league but since they are nobodies, nobody ever mentions them and their work ethic.

Angel Face
08-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Jordan, Pippen