PDA

View Full Version : Least popular NBA team?

insidehoops
08-06-2011, 03:01 PM
What do you think is the least popular NBA team?

I don't simply mean attendance-wise, but in general, nationwide or even worldwide, which NBA team is least popular?

Some of the teams with the lowest home average attendance:
Pacers, Kings, Nets, Grizzlies, Hornets, 76ers, Timberwolves, Bucks, Hawks, Bobcats, Rockets

ZaaaaaH
08-06-2011, 03:03 PM

I don't simply mean attendance-wise, but in general, nationwide or even worldwide, which NBA team is least popular?

Pacers, Kings, Nets, Grizzlies, Hornets, 76ers, Timberwolves, Bucks, Hawks, Bobcats, Rockets

http://www.buckmanager.com/media/images/2007/05/deer.jpg

http://www.chetjohnsonillustrator.com/images/raptors.jpg

asdf1990
08-06-2011, 03:07 PM
The heat are currently the least popular team in the NBA. Everyone hates them.

D-H-12
08-06-2011, 03:08 PM

totaly agree ...

and i think sacramento was ... but jimmer , evans and salmons will make it popular again

Kevin_Gamble
08-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I thought it was Atlanta.

Batz
08-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Raptors???? :oldlol:

alwaysunny
08-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Bobcats. Until they make their first decent playoff run I don't see them becoming popular anytime soon.

ZaaaaaH
08-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Bobcats. Until they make their first decent playoff run I don't see them becoming popular anytime soon.

Who Owns that Team again? Im pretty sure they will get some exposure here and there.

AMISTILLILL
08-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Probably Charlotte. The team has no real direction, their prospects look questionable and they lack any clear cut star and leader now that Gerald Wallace is gone. A lot of the fanbase has lost faith in the management, it seems (and you can't necessarily blame them as of late). Even when Wallace/Jackson were there and they made the playoffs it still didn't seem like that did much to bolster team popularity. With that said, I always enjoyed watching that scrappy Charlotte team play.

As much of a bottom feeder as Toronto is they still have a pretty solid fanbase up there. Not too many fans here in the states, but they have a loyal group of supporters. Same goes for the Kings.

Samurai Swoosh
08-06-2011, 03:30 PM

Suprised they are on the list ...

Nick Young
08-06-2011, 03:31 PM
hawks or the craptors I'd guess, maybe charlotte

ZaaaaaH
08-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Probably Charlotte. The team has no real direction, their prospects look questionable and they lack any clear cut star and leader now that Gerald Wallace is gone. A lot of the fanbase has lost faith in the management, it seems (and you can't necessarily blame them as of late). Even when Wallace/Jackson were there and they made the playoffs it still didn't seem like that did much to bolster team popularity. With that said, I always enjoyed watching that scrappy Charlotte team play.

As much of a bottom feeder as Toronto is they still have a pretty solid fanbase up there. Not too many fans here in the states, but they have a loyal group of supporters. Same goes for the Kings.

We talking World Wide son.

I guarantee you more then Half of Chinese fan dont know WTF a Buck is.

I dont mean dolla

JaskoX1
08-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Would say NO.

they're not even wanted. But the Bucks seem the obvious choice.

insidehoops
08-06-2011, 03:32 PM
hawks or the craptors I'd guess, maybe charlotte

The Raptors have one of the biggest fan-bases in the league.

insidehoops
08-06-2011, 03:38 PM

Yi Jianlian played on the Bucks for a year, so that probably changed

AMISTILLILL
08-06-2011, 03:38 PM
We talking World Wide son.

I dont mean dolla

I'd probably say the Bobcats and Bucks are in the same boat then, as far as altogether home/international popularity is concerned. Although I think some of the hype surrounding Brandon Jennings and the 55 point game definitely put the Bucks on the casual fan/non-sports fan radar for a period of time. At least more so than the Bobcats have ever been on the radar, aside from maybe the fact that Jordan is tied in with the team.

DurandAlexander
08-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I would have to say Charlotte.

No stars. Little winning.

Can't imagine a team being less popular.

knickswin
08-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Bucks
Bobcats

Hawks and Hornets are playoff teams so they get small boosts, but they're still really unpopular

ZaaaaaH
08-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Yi Jianlian played on the Bucks for a year, so that probably changed

Thats exactly Why they dont know what Bucks were.

Yi wanted to get out of there soon as he got Drafted.

ZaaaaaH
08-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I'd probably say the Bobcats and Bucks are in the same boat then, as far as altogether home/international popularity is concerned. Although I think some of the hype surrounding Brandon Jennings and the 55 point game definitely put the Bucks on the casual fan/non-sports fan radar for a period of time. At least more so than the Bobcats have ever been on the radar, aside from maybe the fact that Jordan is tied in with the team.

Yea I can agree to cretin degree since Jennings being on the team and him playing oversea one year maybe spread little bit of their name.

alwaysunny
08-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Who Owns that Team again? Im pretty sure they will get some exposure here and there.

I doubt it..especially with his questionable draft picks.

BigTimeHoop$
08-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Easy. Charlotte Bobcats. I'm a transplant to Greensboro, NC and go to a couple of Bobcats games a year. The apathy here toward the 'Cats is incredible. Tons of college hoops fans, but I don't know a single passionate Bobcats fan. Not one. Home games have no juice. Just people going somewhere to do something.

GreatGreg
08-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Hawks have the worst fan base ever. Hornets fans are virtually nonexistant here. And the Timberwolves? No one gives a damn about them.

ZaaaaaH
08-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Hawks have the worst fan base ever. Hornets fans are virtually nonexistant here. And the Timberwolves? No one gives a damn about them.

We are not talking about how much fans they have.....

He asked which team is least "POPULAR"

GreatGreg
08-06-2011, 03:56 PM
We are not talking about how much fans they have.....

He asked which team is least "POPULAR"
Higher amount of fans = Higher popularity

v1ncelis
08-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Bucks and Bobcats

ZaaaaaH
08-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Higher amount of fans = Higher popularity

Yes that can be part of a reason but cant be a Sole reason.

Heats are still Popular even with Whack assss fanbase.

Kurosawa0
08-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Has anyone ever seen someone wearing a Bobcats' jersey? Ever?

kNIOKAS
08-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Rockets - no, they are popular due to tmac days
76ers are great franchise, they are popular and they have swag
Nets - last decade it was one of the top teams, so no
Kings - had great run in webber/divac/peja/bibby/christie days, to a point still maintain that fanbase
Pacers - they were known with reggie miller.

Leaves us to: Grizzlies, Hornets, Timberwolves, Bucks, Hawks, Bobcats. Hawks has had good runs, Hornets also. Grizzlies were the suprise of this year, still fresh.

I guess Bucks and Bobcats are the least popular these days. Not sure about Wolves, but they will be peaking with their youth soon,.

Clutch
08-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Bobcats and it's not even close

Sakkreth
08-06-2011, 04:34 PM
People saying toronto... :facepalm

miles berg
08-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Charlotte, Milwaukee, Memphis, & New Orleans.

One of those four.

Toronto has a ton of fans, not sure why they are even in this discussion. They have a top 10 fanbase among NBA teams.

kNIOKAS
08-06-2011, 08:10 PM
at one point I considered raptors fanbase to be the second only to laker fans. that must tell you that it is pretty decent. there's no way raptors belong in this topic.

thatoneblackguy
08-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Easy: Bobcats

Idiots who say Bucks, Raptors, etc deserve a :facepalm

DMV2
08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Raptors probably have the entire Canada behind them, if not then at least the entire Ontario region and possibly Buffalo, NY area too.

And I agree with all those who said Bobcats as the least popular team. Most people probably thinks the Hornets are still in Charlotte. :oldlol:

Stuckey
08-06-2011, 08:38 PM
bobcats

i think the hawks have an awful fan base, who cheers for the opposing team when it's the fvcking playoffs?? referring to Rose's 40+ point game against them

D-Wade316
08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Bobcats

Rekindled
08-06-2011, 09:08 PM

this. they have the second most post on their forum on realgm behind knicks board

knickswin
08-06-2011, 10:43 PM
this. they have the second most post on their forum on realgm behind knicks board

yeah but that's partially because their board has devolved into this weird 4chan-esque place that's more about stupid internet humor than the Raptors.

entropy35
08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Raptors have some of the most dedicated fans i know.

DMV2
08-06-2011, 10:56 PM
yeah but that's partially because their board has devolved into this weird 4chan-esque place that's more about stupid internet humor than the Raptors.
That's how they keep it positive otherwise there forum would be so depressing with all the losing the Raptors do.

Mr. Jabbar
08-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Bobcats
Bucks
Grizzlies

Kungfro
08-06-2011, 11:18 PM

That sounds awful, at least the team forum here is pretty solid.

knickswin
08-07-2011, 12:46 AM
That sounds awful, at least the team forum here is pretty solid.

yeah I kind of feel bad for the Raptors fans who aren't into that stuff.

Maniak
08-07-2011, 01:07 AM
:roll: Raptors. Biggest fanbase in the league alongside the Lakers.

Bobcats, maybe Bucks.

ZaaaaaH
08-07-2011, 01:22 AM

So we basing Popularity on Realgm forum post? :applause:

Amazing how logical some kids are.

Again Basketball is World Sports now and no one besides fucccking Canada give a Raps asss and on top of that They dont give a fuccck about basketball so where the fuccck ya keep getting that Raptors is Popular around the World????

Outside of US no one give a Dam about the Raptors. Only time people actually cared about that team was when VC was around and people bought his jersey even tho they are not Raptor fans.

Bobcats is owned by fucccking MJ and just for that sole reason general people knows the TEAM Bobcat. They might be notorious for being bust but they are on the Radar for most NBA fans.

Sarcastic
08-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Imagine if the owners get their way in this lockout and we end up with NFL type parity. Think about a Minnesota vs Milwaukee finals.

one2
08-07-2011, 06:14 AM
So many posts mentioning the Bobcats and Bucks.

I always thought the Clippers would be the least popular team (historically and maybe not including the current Blake era)...

Most LA peeps would rather wear Lakers gear rather than Clippers'.

People who show at the Staples come to see the road team or they couldn't get tix to a Lakers game.

The name "Clippers" is generally lame if not bland and uninspiring.

Clips are always at the bottom of the standings and lottery bound.

and their owner Donald Sterling is a cheapo and overall $hitty owner.

Flamboyant
08-07-2011, 06:50 AM
I'd go with Bobcats, too. They have no history, no recent playoff success, and no superstars.
I'm surprised so many mentioned New Orleans. I mean afterall they have Chris Paul (who starts in All-Star games), and last year they met the reigning champions Lakers in the playoffs. Pretty sure currently they are more popular than a team like Pistons, who have more history, but were nowhere in the last couple of years.

z14h
08-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I see dinosaurs in this thread.

Sweens
08-07-2011, 09:11 AM
For me Bobcats, no real stars, not a large market, nothing exciting might change when all their rookies start working together to get something exciting happening but until then, they are on the bottom

Bucks are pretty decent in terms of popularity worldwide, well compared to Raptors, Bobcats, etc.
Having Bogut helps them a lot as an international player, as well as his injury which was televised quite a bit. Having Jennings and his 55 point game also helped a large bit

Lebron23
08-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Charlotte Bobcats. Sometimes I wish they just merge with the New Orleans Hornets.

InspiredLebowski
08-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Die (http://www.chinapacers.com/). Those guys are awesome.

Burgz
08-07-2011, 12:04 PM

this.

you 15 year old posters need to get a clue :facepalm

GreatGreg
08-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Lol @ people picking the Raptors. They just need another Vince Carter and a couple playoff visits and they'll be one of the most obnoxious fans on the board.

JaskoX1
08-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Has anyone ever seen someone wearing a Bobcats' jersey? Ever?
because they're fugly?

bdreason
08-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Or because the Raptors represent an entire country. Raptors have a ton of supporters on this forum as well.

Eat Like A Bosh
08-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Miami Heat. Everybody I know hates them. Pretty much anyone not from Miami hates them, or anyone who doesn't like LeBron hates them.

Pacers, Kings, Nets, Grizzlies, Hornets, 76ers, Timberwolves, Bobcats, any of these teams can count.

Maniak
08-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Zaaah, do you really think anyone knows michael jordan's position with the bobcats?

:roll: Not at all. They know who Jordan is, but they don't know what hes done outside of basketball really.

D12"Magic"
08-07-2011, 06:29 PM
People saying Miami :facepalm

lostsauhpdibg
08-11-2011, 10:34 AM
?????? ???? (http://www.referralcamp.com/articles/Art/125586/94/Astronaut-Game-titles-fun-video-games.html)
very nice - thanks :)

????? ???? (http://www.articles.glenns-garden.com/Art/76504/266/Games-SpongeBob-SquarePants-Bikini-Bottom-for-the-games.html) | ????? ????? (http://misterarticle.com/Art/177404/36/Game-What-sort-of-Games-Evolved-As-time-passes.html) | ?????? (http://agnusgames.webstarts.com/games.html?r=20110711123819) | ?????? (http://alexiagames.bravejournal.com/entry/82510)

ZaaaaaH
08-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Zaaah, do you really think anyone knows michael jordan's position with the bobcats?

:roll: Not at all. They know who Jordan is, but they don't know what hes done outside of basketball really.

There are more Recreational Basketball fans then NBA Guru's who knows most of the players and about the NBA.

For that reason there are MORE fans who knows Jordan then any other player in the WORLD. It has nothing to do with Jordans position for the Franchise, it has more to do with his NAME. Even none NBA fans know who Jordan is this is the reason why they are POPULAR. POPULAR does not mean you always have to be liked this is why I said Toronto and Bucks are least POPULAR team right now. Outside of their fans and State they dont even know who they are or their Star player which matters most when it comes down to Popularity.

Even NBA fans cant even name the starting 5 of Toronto top of their head.

People just didnt get the question that was asked.