PDA

View Full Version : Lebron has been working out with Hakeem

Theoo's Daddy
08-08-2011, 06:55 PM
He’s also trying to deliver on his vow to be even better whenever the Heat resume play, saying he’s been in Houston at times this offseason to learn post play from one of the game’s all-time greats, former Rockets star Hakeem Olajuwon.
I look at what he was able to do throughout his career,” James said. “Unbelievable talent. Multiple champion. Just to see how he was able to dominate in the low post, for me as an individual, I just try to look at some of the things I feel I need to get better at and hit home at it. Our team becomes better if I continue to get better and that’s what it’s about.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2JoSvpGgOs

read more here.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhwctZt3HiK_Arie5XU43rS8vLYF?slug=ap-heat-jamesinterview

RRR3
08-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Awesome. Good job LeBron.:cheers:

Led Balls
08-08-2011, 06:57 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

TylerOO
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
LeBeast.

LoneyROY7
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Atta boy, LeBron.

catch24
08-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Good news for Heat and LeBron fans. It's great that he recognizes he needs to improve as well.

TAC602
08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Olajuwon's legacy grows.

I tell you, for someone who had a bunch of "fancy moves", the NBA ELITE have sure been lining up to take lessons.

purplch0de
08-08-2011, 07:04 PM
nice now lebron can face the other direction during 4th quarters

Jacks3
08-08-2011, 07:05 PM
All these dudes copying Bryant. :pimp:

BlackJoker23
08-08-2011, 07:05 PM
lebron following in kobes footsteps.

Rolando
08-08-2011, 07:06 PM
There you go Lebron.....:applause: I truly hope you develop to your full potential. I hate your team but I always appreciate greatness. I will become a fan if you have an all-round game. Do it!:cheers:

8BeastlyXOIAD
08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

G-train
08-08-2011, 07:08 PM

Yet Bryant's whole game and persona is a copy :roll:

jlip
I wonder why no one (at least not publically) has announced that they were working with Kevin McHale to better their post game/ moves/ footwork. He's probably 2nd to only Hakeem in terms of that facet of the game.

TheAesirsFinest
Well, Hakeem has been 2/2 in improving significantly improving superstars. I hope he'll go 3/3.

pegasus
08-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Hmmm, I thought he had a great post-up game, but he just found it boring to play in the post...

RRR3
08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Well if Kobe is the best player in the league (as so many people on this board claim) then LeBron is smart to do so right?

Led Balls
08-08-2011, 07:11 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

kentatm
08-08-2011, 07:12 PM
where are all the people that were saying he didnt need to upgrade his game and especially did not need a better post game?

RRR3
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
where are all the people that were saying he didnt need to upgrade his game and especially did not need a better post game?
Thinking of ways to spin this to make themselves look better apparently. :lol

TheAesirsFinest
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Hmmm, I thought he had a great post-up game, but he just found it boring to play in the post...

I believe his post up PPP is in the top 10% in the league, so he's efficient. His problem is his lack of moves. IIRC, 80% of the time he either passes out of the post (there's almost always 3 enemies staring straight at him when he posts up) or does a drop-step. Not much versatility.

ZaaaaaH
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Olajuwon's legacy grows.

I tell you, for someone who had a bunch of "fancy moves", the NBA ELITE have sure been lining up to take lessons.

:no:

Fancy and Effective is two different thing.

sixerfan82
08-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Always said it to be true, you can't experience success without first tasting failure.

inclinerator
08-08-2011, 07:17 PM
about time

NumberSix
08-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Does the unbelievable irony of this really need to be pointed out?

d.bball.guy
08-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Good job.:applause: Go silence us(haters) with your post moves.

jlip
08-08-2011, 07:18 PM

I don't know of too many people (maybe pauk and 1 or 2 others at the most) that were saying that he had a great post game. Many were saying that it was not as horrible or as abysmal as some of those carfefully selected gifs in the past were depicting. They also were also saying that the difference between him winning and not winning a championship had little to nothing to do with him developing a better post game.

RRR3
08-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't know of too many people (maybe pauk and 1 or 2 others at the most) that were saying that he had a great post game. Many were saying that it was not as horrible or as abysmal as some of those carfefully selected gifs in the past were depicting. They also were also saying that the difference between him winning and not winning a championship had little to nothing to do with him developing a better post game.
Wonder what Pauk will say about this...

Phong
08-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Hakeem cannot make miracles happen. :oldlol:

TAC602
08-08-2011, 07:23 PM
:no:

Fancy and Effective is two different thing.

You didn't catch the sarcasm in that post? I even put it in quotations. :facepalm

G-train
08-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Right here. I still dont think he needs to. He is the best player in the world.
What he needs to work on is his focus and killer instinct - the mental side. That's why he had a poor Dallas series.

I don't think its a need when you average 27 ppg and 7 assists based off great guard play. It wont hurt, but its not a need.

kaiiu
08-08-2011, 07:29 PM
adding a post game before a jumpshot. Thats like running before u crawl

ThaSwagg3r
08-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I hope people understand that working with Hakeem doesn't automatically mean you'll be great in the post. Howard is probably the only player that has been more successful working with Hakeem.

I remember Emeka Okafor and Josh Smith worked with Hakeem, how much better are they? :confusedshrug:

G-train
08-08-2011, 07:32 PM
I hope people understand that working with Hakeem doesn't automatically mean you'll be great in the post. Howard is probably the only player that has been more successful working with Hakeem.

I remember Emeka Okafor and Josh Smith worked with Hakeem, how much better are they? :confusedshrug:

Yao Ming improved significantly. Olajuwon also teaches his students focus and other important mental aspects.

Jacks3
08-08-2011, 07:34 PM
No, not really.

TAC602

I disagree.

Bryant's post game was borderline unstoppable the first few months of the 2009-10 season after having worked with Olajuwon that September. The ankle and knee issues he had over the second half really threw him off.

Jacks3
Does the unbelievable irony of this really need to be pointed out?
:rolleyes:

G-train
08-08-2011, 07:36 PM
No, not really.

:roll: :facepalm

IGOTGAME
08-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Well, Hakeem has been 2/2 in improving significantly improving superstars. I hope he'll go 3/3.

really Josh Smith still has no idea how to post up after Hakeem.

I don't Lebron needs Hakeem. He doesn't seem to have the base of moves set up to where Hakeem's knowledge would help.

-Lebron does not understand a lot of fundamental aspects in the post. If he has hasn't gotten it by now, I doubt there will be a significant change. What he can do is maximize his athletism down there and work on finishing from the low block.

Bryant's post game was borderline unstoppable the first few months of the 2009-10 season after having worked with Olajuwon that September. The ankle and knee issues he had over the second half really threw him off.

Kobe was tweaking an already elite aspect of his game. A little different than basically starting from scratch.

ThaSwagg3r
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
I disagree.

Kobe already had a very good post game before 2009-2010 so I don't get your point.

Yao Ming improved significantly. Olajuwon also teaches his students focus and other important mental aspects.
All Hakeem did was talk to Yao, iirc. He just helped him on the mental aspect. He didn't teach him many moves because of Yao's limited mobility and athleticism.

Both of you guys just gave me players that were already great post players before working with Hakeem.

Phong
08-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I disagree.

Bryant's post game was borderline unstoppable the first few months of the 2009-10 season after having worked with Olajuwon that September. The ankle and knee issues he had over the second half really threw him off.Kobe always had an excellent post game; long before meeting Hakeem. He just went to the post more often in the beginning of the 2009-2010 season because Pau was injured. After Pau came back, Kobe played mostly in the perimeter.

Kobe only had a 2 hour session with Hakeem to take a look at the dream shake; nothing more.

Jacks3
08-08-2011, 07:42 PM
:roll: :facepalm
Keep believing those myths. :oldlol:

RRR3
08-08-2011, 07:43 PM
adding a post game before a jumpshot. Thats like running before u crawl
What are you stupid? LeBron has already improved his jump shoot vastly over the course of his career. He has a very good, if somewhat erratic jumpshot.

8BeastlyXOIAD
Kobe already had a very good post game before 2009-2010 so I don't get your point.

All Hakeem did was talk to Yao, iirc. He just helped him on the mental aspect. He didn't teach him many moves because of Yao's limited mobility and athleticism.

Both of you guys just gave me players that were already great post players before working with Hakeem.

yep this is RocketGreatness

and what about Dwight Howard? His post game was horrible before he worked out with Keem.

RRR3
Keep believing those myths. :oldlol:
Kobe himself has said he imitates Jordan. Nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make Kobe any less of a player. It's just the way it is.

PowerGlove
08-08-2011, 07:44 PM
ETHER.:roll:

kaiiu
08-08-2011, 07:45 PM
What are you stupid? LeBron has already improved his jump shoot vastly over the course of his career. He has a very good, if somewhat erratic jumpshot.
good shooters dont shoot 60 % free throws. Sorry.

ThaSwagg3r
08-08-2011, 07:45 PM
yep this is RocketGreatness

and what about Dwight Howard? His post game was horrible before he worked out with Keem.
I didn't say every player who has worked with Hakeem failed to improve, I am just saying there is no guarantee.

So lets see, Josh Smith, Emeka Okafor, and Dwight Howard have worked with Hakeem. Dwight Howard is the only player that has improved working out with Hakeem.

He's 1/3.... I don't count Kobe and Yao because they were already good post players before working out and talking with Hakeem. Dwight Howard is the only player that went from mediocre/average to great in the post after working with Hakeem.

Jacks3
08-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Kobe himself has said he imitates Jordan. Nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make Kobe any less of a player. It's just the way it is.
Well, he really doesn't.Their games and style aren't really close. It's not the way it is at all. Deal with it. :pimp:

TAC602
08-08-2011, 07:47 PM

Yeah, very good isn't borderline unstoppable. Kobe was well on his way to an MVP type year prior to those injuries and it was partly due to an even better post-game and this was when his decline in athleticism was already in full swing. I'm not saying Olajuwon made him what he already was (the most skilled player in the league) only that I observed him being even better in the post. If you don't care to believe it, that's alright with me.

I do have to wonder though.. are you skeptical of Olajuwon's lessons or worried that Lebron might improve seeing as though you needed to make a thread telling everybody why Wade is better than him?

Heavincent
I don't why Lebron stans are jizzing their pants over this. Oh wow, a professional athlete is practicing the sport he plays for a living, how awesome.

RRR3
good shooters dont shoot 60 % free throws. Sorry.
Because a free throw is definitely a jump shot :facepalm. LeBron shoots 75% on free throws anyways, which is nothing spectacular, but not bad either. I would say LeBron is an erratic FT shooter because he can be great at times (like when he made 32 in a row agains the Bulls) and terrible at others. Overall, he's solid, but you'd obviously like to see him get better.

RRR3
08-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Well, he really doesn't.Their games and style aren't really close. It's not the way it is at all. Deal with it. :pimp:
I don't think it's a bad thing, man. I think Kobe is smart to imitate the GOAT, because he has a similar skillset.

R.I.P.
08-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Oh Oh Barea is in deep s*** now. :lol

RRR3
08-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't why Lebron stans are jizzing their pants over this. Oh wow, a professional athlete is practicing the sport he plays for a living, how awesome.
:facepalm How come LeBron fans aren't allowed to be excited over random things, but if Kobe dunks in the phillipines, we all have to respect him or we're "haters"? Illogical :no:

ThaSwagg3r
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Kobe always had an excellent post game; long before meeting Hakeem. He just went to the post more often in the beginning of the 2009-2010 season because Pau was injured. After Pau came back, Kobe played mostly in the perimeter.

Kobe only had a 2 hour session with Hakeem to take a look at the dream shake; nothing more.
Pretty much.

I do have to wonder though.. are you skeptical of Olajuwon's lessons or worried that Lebron might improve seeing as though you needed to make a thread telling everybody why Wade is better than him?
All I said was there is no guarantee that Hakeem turns mediocre post players into great post players. That is the only point I am trying to make. He didn't make Josh Smith nor Emeka Okafor into great post players like he turned Dwight Howard into.

People also need to give Dwight Howard more credit himself for practicing on post moves. JVG said the same thing in one of the regular season games last season. He only worked with Hakeem for a few hours and maybe a few days yet nobody is giving Dwight Howard for working on his post moves but giving credit to Hakeem for teaching him instead.

It takes longer than a few hours and a few days to become a great post player...

Lebron will still needs to continue working on his post game even after his lessons with Hakeem. Few hours aren't going to turn you into a great post player.

Heavincent
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
:facepalm How come LeBron fans aren't allowed to be excited over random things, but if Kobe dunks in the phillipines, we all have to respect him or we're "haters"? Illogical :no:

I didn't get very exited about that either. I said "oh that was kinda cool" or something along those lines.

Jacks3
08-08-2011, 07:54 PM
I don't think it's a bad thing, man. I think Kobe is smart to imitate the GOAT, because he has a similar skillset.
It doesn't matter what you think. It's still a myth. They're games and style aren't really similar at all.

Anaximandro1
08-08-2011, 07:57 PM
LeDream :eek:

:bowdown:

TAC602
08-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Pretty much.

All I said was there is no guarantee that Hakeem turns mediocre post players into great post players. That is the only point I am trying to make. He didn't make Josh Smith nor Emeka Okafor into great post players like he turned Dwight Howard into.

People also need to give Dwight Howard more credit himself for practicing on post moves. JVG said the same thing in one of the regular season games last season. He only worked with Hakeem for a few hours and maybe a few days yet nobody is giving Dwight Howard for working on his post moves but giving credit to Hakeem for teaching him instead.

It takes longer than a few hours and a few days to become a great post player...

Lebron will still needs to continue working on his post game even after his lessons with Hakeem. Few hours aren't going to turn you into a great post player.

Excellent response, now we're on the same page. Obviously Howard utilized it beyond a few hours worth of lessons and deserves credit for it. Whether Lebron will... I guess we'll find out.

G-train
08-08-2011, 07:59 PM
It doesn't matter what you think. It's still a myth. They're games and style aren't really similar at all.

It's no myth. Kobe has tried to imitate how he talks, moves, shoots.
They have almost identical game styles, except Kobe isn't as athletic and does not have the same level of body control. Kobe shoots more long jumpers, that's about it. Wouldn't surprise me that he did it to say "I can do everything Jordan did plus make a tonne of threes". Then there is the number change. Dude is always thinking about Jordan.

Eat Like A Bosh
08-08-2011, 08:01 PM
LeBron pulling a Kobe now?

Watch out league!

Jacks3
08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
:oldlol:

They have almost identical game styles, except Kobe isn't as athletic and does not have the same level of body control. Kobe shoots more long jumpers, that's about it. Wouldn't surprise me that he did it to say "I can do everything Jordan did plus make a tonne of threes". Then there is the number change. Dude is always thinking about Jordan.
Nope. Kobe is a much better ball-handler, he's much more of a shooter than a slasher (unlike MJ), takes a lot more threes, and doesn't play anywhere near as much off the ball. His game and style is a lot closer to prime T-Mac than it is Jordan.

Deal with it. :pimp:

Heavincent
08-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Nothing wrong with that. It has obviously worked for him considering he's a top 10 player of all time.

RRR3
08-08-2011, 08:04 PM

Nope. Kobe is a much better ball-handler, he's much more of a shooter than a slasher (unlike MJ), takes a lot more threes, and doesn't play anywhere near as much off the ball. His game and style is a lot closer to prime T-Mac than it is Jordan.

Deal with it. :pimp:
:D :cheers:

RRR3
08-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Nothing wrong with that. It has obviously worked for him considering he's a top 10 player of all time.
Debatable.

G-train
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM

Did I say there was anything wrong with it? NO.
So sit down and shup up n00b.

I only brought it up because a kobe stan took a shot at Lebron for copying Kobe, then denied that Kobe copied anyone.

The reality is Lebron copied no one. He simply seeked the teaching of Hakeem, which a number of players have done.

RRR3
08-08-2011, 08:11 PM
To all: Where does the word "stan" come from? I know it means a biased fan, but I don't know where the terminology comes from.

Jacks3
08-08-2011, 08:11 PM
I only brought it up because a kobe stan took a shot at Lebron for copying Kobe, then denied that Kobe copied anyone.
It wasn't a "shot". Clown. :roll:

Heavincent
08-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Debatable.

Not really.

G-Funk
08-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Lebron wanting to be like Kobe lol...

G-train
08-08-2011, 08:14 PM
It wasn't a "shot". Clown. :roll:

:roll: Good one.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o258/slinger117/Iron%20Man/1210137149835.gif

Jacks3
08-08-2011, 08:15 PM
:roll: Good one.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o258/slinger117/Iron%20Man/1210137149835.gif
:facepalm

ZaaaaaH
08-08-2011, 08:15 PM
You didn't catch the sarcasm in that post? I even put it in quotations. :facepalm

Sowwie ~

TAC602
08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Sowwie ~

Not at all. I've seen people say things like that though and be completely serious. If anything, its good you came with the correction.

Led Balls
08-08-2011, 08:34 PM
To all: Where does the word "stan" come from? I know it means a biased fan, but I don't know where the terminology comes from.

IIRC, from my lurking days, it comes from the Eminem song, Stan.

Keith
08-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I wonder why no one (at least not publically) has announced that they were working with Kevin McHale to better their post game/ moves/ footwork. He's probably 2nd to only Hakeem in terms of that facet of the game.

Why learn from anyone else but the best?

A post game would add to his repertoire anxious to see his game develop.
Dallas had help defenders key in on him so he couldn't slash he didn't look comfortable working in a limited area.

A pull up jumper would work wonders for him.
He should be working on his mid range game just as much if not more.

http://flavela.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Dirk-U-Mad.jpg
Motivation.:rolleyes:

macpierce
08-08-2011, 08:47 PM
lets be honest here, lebrons post game needs to be close to the basket.......dude isnt going to be posting up and firing mid ranges like MJ or kobe at will

Theoo's Daddy
08-08-2011, 08:58 PM
lets be honest here, lebrons post game needs to be close to the basket.......dude isnt going to be posting up and firing mid ranges like MJ or kobe at will

Last time i checked he has a turn around jump shot that he does on the baseline, he can expand it to draw himself more closer to the hoop for an assist or draw more fouls that way. I hated the way he couldn't get any fouls drawn in the finals, this would make his life easier..

Keith
08-08-2011, 08:59 PM

It's late in the game for him to get deadly @ mid range. To bring his play to the next level he should work on his weaknesses.

Ikill
08-08-2011, 08:59 PM
really Josh Smith still has no idea how to post up after Hakeem.

I don't Lebron needs Hakeem. He doesn't seem to have the base of moves set up to where Hakeem's knowledge would help.

-Lebron does not understand a lot of fundamental aspects in the post. If he has hasn't gotten it by now, I doubt there will be a significant change. What he can do is maximize his athletism down there and work on finishing from the low block.

Kobe was tweaking an already elite aspect of his game. A little different than basically starting from scratch.
Josh Smith has a decent post game doesn't really use it he's too undersized

winwin
08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
http://store3.up-00.com/Jun11/GhE07418.gif

NuggetsFan
08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
LeBron had a great regular season. LeBron had a pretty good post season up until Dallas. Against Dallas it wasn't the lack of a post game or his consistency with his jumper that hurt him. What he lacked was the aggressiveness. He could have bulldozed the lane and scored some points, instead he just stood around on the perimeter. Having a post game won't make him all of a sudden decide to attack. He could have scored more in the finals with the exact same skillset he has now, he just didn't have the mentality.

That being said obviously him developing a post game is a good thing. With his size and eventual continued decline of his athletic ability it's a good idea to get a head start with his footwork, witch is pretty awful.

dunksby
08-08-2011, 09:16 PM
You are right, Lebron is sure as hell original with his personality. Nobody has possessed such a loser personality with so much talent :bowdown:

ZaaaaaH
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
You are right, Lebron is sure as hell original with his personality. Nobody has possessed such a loser personality with so much talent :bowdown:

OooOOoOOOoOOoO PWND by a NUB !!!

G-Trash should retire. LeBrons last chance to add some skills in his arsenal besides Running over people.

Lucifer
08-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Lebron in the post is gonna be comedy. He's not fundamentally sound enough to just pick that $hit up at 27.

cteach111
08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Lebron in the post is gonna be comedy. He's not fundamentally sound enough to just pick that $hit up at 27.

i can't hate on a player for working on his game.. i just hope he doesn't learn much or anything :lol

Lebron23
08-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I hope he loses some weight. They might face a younger and athletic team in the NBA Finals next year. (OKC Thunder).

Pointguard
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Teaching isn't easy and some people aren't good at it. KG never developed a deep post game and he had the tools, plus he was built like McHale.

KingLeBronJames
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Watch out NBA! LeBron with post move?! Now he's gunning for the greatest EVER crown! Soon it will be LeBron > Mike > Kobe. :bowdown:

Led Balls
08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Watch out NBA! LeBron with post move?! Now he's gunning for the greatest EVER crown! Soon it will be LeBron > Mike > Kobe. :bowdown:

GOAT. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Phong
08-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Every summer since 2007 he has said to have worked extensively on his post-up game; every year his fans have been ecstatic at the idea of LeBron dominating with Dream-like post moves; and every year without fail, LeBron showed that he still sucks at posting-up. :oldlol:

KingLeBronJames
08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Every summer since 2007 he has said to have worked extensively on his post-up game; every year his fans have been ecstatic at the idea of LeBron dominating with Dream-like post moves; and every year without fail, LeBron showed that he still sucks at posting-up. :oldlol:
LeBron will actually finally have post moves by working on his game with the right guy in Hakeem.

TheJuice31
08-08-2011, 10:40 PM
http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/08/05/nba-player-skill-rankings-%E2%80%93-post-play/

Eh, but these are just stupid numbers.

Led Balls
08-08-2011, 10:41 PM

Really? Well, here we go again. :rockon:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Heavincent
08-08-2011, 10:41 PM

What happened in the 2011 Finals? Sorry I missed it.

PowerGlove
08-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I've been watching Bron since HS, he's added a lot to his game since then each year he's improved in the post. This year he's really focusing on it and we will see.

cteach111
08-08-2011, 10:45 PM

i so hope this is true again :lol

Vertical-24
08-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Can't say i'm a fan of the guy but I appreciate the work ethic. The Heat are going to be extremely dangerous next season. They will have no excuse this time around if they aren't (and i'm talking playoffs guys).

KingLeBronJames
08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
What happened in the 2011 Finals? Sorry I missed it.
He's working on one of his weaknesses. I think with his new post game will improve his performance against any of the top 5 teams in the playoffs, against the opponent in the ECF and against the Champs, the Mavs or anybody else in the West in the Finals. I guarantee!

Jasper
08-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Rumor has it Kobe is getting some schooling from Icyman.

When not to take a jumper when 2 or more players are on you.

I'll find the source.

pegasus
08-08-2011, 11:02 PM
All of his bones in his legs and in his feet need to be broken, reconstructed, and put in a brace for six weeks before Hakeem should even spend six seconds with him.

pegasus
08-08-2011, 11:06 PM

I'll find the source.

I have a feeling you'll walk funny tomorrow.

Indian guy
08-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I interpret this as LeBron basically coming to terms with his declining body, and realizing he now needs to play an old man's game.

tpols
08-08-2011, 11:16 PM
I interpret this as LeBron basically coming to terms with his declining body, and realizing he now needs to play an old man's game.
Wow. You're such a pvssy.. acting all sad and nostalgic about the good ole days.. which happen to be like 2 years in the past:facepalm

Lebron is realizing that he isnt as good as he thought and realizes he needs to adjust to persevere.. like every other great had to.

RRR3
08-08-2011, 11:20 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HMorD-9vO7M/TBsGM9j9JHI/AAAAAAAAAJc/be9zKi3l-t4/s1600/KobeYouMad.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_04kZGR_ltmE/S5ktBDd2fVI/AAAAAAAAGkE/Lueyz8ROvR4/s800/Michael-Jordan-Championship-Rings.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110621182525/callofduty/images/2/20/Kobe-U-Mad.jpg

No I'm not mad, but you're are obviously scared, bringing up Kobe in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NumberSix
08-08-2011, 11:29 PM
First of all, "LeBron > Mike"..... NO!!!!

Second, "Mike > Kobe"..... You skipped about a dozen spaces.

Here.... "Mike > a whole lotta other dudes > Kobe"

Fixed.

Theoo's Daddy
08-09-2011, 12:32 AM

I think it has to do more with how miami wants him to play, If you noticed he posts up alot this days ever since he joined them, passing off the post/shooting a jumper or driving in for bucket or assist. He has to adjust his game because they play him more at the power forward position when teams run their small lineups where he ends up with a mismatch..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwjkHD4fUBA&feature=player_embedded

I don't think cleveland lebron would've been succesful in miami, they would've got shut down in the playoffs, (Zone and Packing the paint defense are a killer to guys who depend on driving the ball alone). .. Lebron is just coming to terms with how much more damage he can do with his body than just relying on beating guys off the dribble like he did in his cleveland days i.e he's becoming a better player overall. I like his game Miami than what he was doing in Cleveland.

jlip
08-09-2011, 12:49 AM
LeBron had a great regular season. LeBron had a pretty good post season up until Dallas. Against Dallas it wasn't the lack of a post game or his consistency with his jumper that hurt him. What he lacked was the aggressiveness. He could have bulldozed the lane and scored some points, instead he just stood around on the perimeter. Having a post game won't make him all of a sudden decide to attack. He could have scored more in the finals with the exact same skillset he has now, he just didn't have the mentality.

That being said obviously him developing a post game is a good thing. With his size and eventual continued decline of his athletic ability it's a good idea to get a head start with his footwork, witch is pretty awful.

^This^

Bigsmoke
08-09-2011, 01:07 AM
everybody works with Hakeem :lol

I wanted to see Lebron work with Bird. That would be sweet.

Theoo's Daddy
08-09-2011, 01:18 AM
everybody works with Hakeem :lol

I wanted to see Lebron work with Bird. That would be sweet.

Yeah, Dan lebartard once lebron asked which unstoppable moves from previous players he likes .. His answers were.

1: Larry bird's shot

2: dwayne wade's eurostep

3: Kareem's hook shot

4: Jordan's fadeway

5: Hakeem's post game.

LAClipsFan33
08-09-2011, 01:30 AM

Or he could be realizing that standing in the corner while Wade works is stupid when he could be posting up while Wade cuts to the basket off of his double and Bosh spots up or cuts

Jacks3
08-09-2011, 01:32 AM

I'll find the source.
Hilarious.

The_Yearning
08-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Meh, LBJ is done for.

Swaggin916
08-09-2011, 02:40 AM
he's nowhere near as smooth as hakeem... probably won't work.

Bigsmoke
08-09-2011, 02:47 AM

u mean copying Okafor and Yao Ming.

bdreason
08-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Good move. LeBron really needs to improve his footwork, especially in the post.

If he can learn to punish smaller SF's on the post, and exploit slower SF's on the perimeter...

DirtySanchez
08-09-2011, 03:14 AM
Exactly what he should of been doing a couple of seasons a go right after Kobe did it.

If LeBron can develop a decent post game he will be a freaking beast.
Kudos to LeBron.

inthenickoftime
08-09-2011, 04:00 AM
Should be interesting to see what he can do in the post, still all the post moves in the world won't help if he gonna pull disappearing acts in the 4th quarter of games in the finals

D-Wade316
08-09-2011, 04:58 AM
Wade, Lebron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KoBRICK CRYant

Jacks3
08-09-2011, 04:59 AM
Kobe/LBJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D-Whistle.

D-Wade316
08-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Wade = 2nd best sg of all-time
Kobe = 4th best sg of all-time

thejumpa
08-09-2011, 05:07 AM
LeBron with good footwork in the post=MJ on the Wizards....shit just doesn't look right lol

Good for him though. The leagues best player just got better.

rodman91
08-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Congrats to Lebron.

If he started working on post game in his second season ,half of the hatred wouldnt happen.

Kobe already had post game before training with Hakeem by the way.But Lebron's power forward body might help more him even if he doesnt get great skills on post.

N0Skillz
08-09-2011, 06:50 AM
YOUR ALL PIECES OF TURD WHICH TURNED A GREAT THREAD ABOUT LeBRON HELPING KIDS AND TRYING TO IMPROVE HIS GAME ABOUT WHETHER KOBE WADE OR LEBRON IS THE BEST.

GO MAKE A GIANT FCKN THREAD FOR YOURSELVES YOU HATE MONGERING CRACK POTS.

I don't complement Lebron alot but, this is the first time in a long time he has shown me something good and I can't hate like you turds.

I hope Jeff bans you all

97 bulls
08-09-2011, 07:20 AM
If james does develope some strong post moves to maximize that size, the league is gonna in some serious trouble for the next 7-8 years.

Irish
08-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Same shit every year.

There is nothing wrong with his game, its his attitude and mindset that needs work.

He plays to 75% of his ability in the Finals and the Heat could have swept.

Instead he doesnt turn up. He needs a shrink not Hakeem

knightfall88
08-09-2011, 08:21 AM
MJ and Kobe their first few years in the league have better post game than Lebron right now.

Ronaldinho
08-09-2011, 08:45 AM
If james does develope some strong post moves to maximize that size, the league is gonna in some serious trouble for the next 7-8 years.
Lebron should have tatooed If on his sideback instead of choosen 1.All his game/life is based on "If".

kkling
08-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Maybe now Lebron won't look awkward as all hell when he's in the post.

dynasty1978
08-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Same shit every year.

There is nothing wrong with his game, its his attitude and mindset that needs work.

:applause: Agreed. A post-game would definitely help space the Heat's offense. Unfortunately, the other half of LBJ's problems are between the ears.

blablabla
08-09-2011, 10:00 AM
good for him

TheMan
08-09-2011, 11:15 AM
About ****ing time, if he can develope a post game, then he can get down on the block and use his height and power to score when his jumper isn't falling and the other team clogs up his driving lanes.Plus, he's a really good passer, he can get his team easy shots if they send a doubleteam.

Mark Jackson had a very good post up game, why the **** can't LBJ?

LBJFTW
08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Bron goes from a 66 win team to joining a dream team to chase a ring and fails. After such a horrible decision with a result that is laughable at best, working hard to improve his short comings is nothing commendable, and it should be expected at the very least.

I.R.Beast
08-09-2011, 11:24 AM

read more here.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhwctZt3HiK_Arie5XU43rS8vLYF?slug=ap-heat-jamesinterview

Thanks LeBron....bout time u took this game serious enough...If this is true you've won me over. I look at you and see a guy that should be head and shoulders above the rest, but your lack of motivation and dedication to working on improving has made me dislike you, that along with your "i'm the ish" demeanor. Hope you really are working hard on improving the league must be very wary if this is so.

Chaddai
08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Lebron's next level is not actually the post game, but his off the ball catch and shoot.

DirtySanchez
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Congrats to Lebron.

If he started working on post game in his second season ,half of the hatred wouldnt happen.

Kobe already had post game before training with Hakeem by the way.But Lebron's power forward body might help more him even if he doesnt get great skills on post.

Agreed with everything you said.

Better late then never for LeBron. I think we will see some improvement in his post game but I don't think he will ever have the footwork Kobe and Hakeem posses.

thejumpa
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Lebron's next level is not actually the post game, but his off the ball catch and shoot.

Funny thing is, his off ball catch and shoot game is really not that bad. The times he goes to it playing like a traditional SG, he looks pretty good. The offense usually calls for him to the primary ball handler so he never goes to it.

RRR3
08-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Funny thing is, his off ball catch and shoot game is really not that bad. The times he goes to it playing like a traditional SG, he looks pretty good. The offense usually calls for him to the primary ball handler so he never goes to it.

This. Tired of people saying LeBron can't shoot. He has improved his jump shot so much compared to when he came into the league. Sure, he's not a brilliant shooter, but he's definitely above average. He's also great at creating his own shot and his shot selection is usually very good as well. He could be a little more consistent with his three pointers, though.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
This is impressive because it's kinda vulnerable to go to Hakeem to work on footwork after a losing season.. But it wasn't a losing season, he was in the Finals. It's good for karma and placebo, because i could teach better footwork then Hakeem really. It's like these ******s catapult themselves into game and discover obvious things pretty late in their career. Like, try to step a little ****ing differently if the guard reads what you are doing. Jesus H ****ing Christ just do the best thing naturally. Like that 360 layup on a defender, that was pure relaxed and smooth basketball move.

JESUS.

Ruutu
08-09-2011, 02:52 PM
If he gets better then its over!

hoopsfan3333
08-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Saw this earlier today... Good for him, he needs to work on his post game because as a 6'8" 250 freak, he will need to go to his post game, especially as he loses his speed later in his career.

Phong
08-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Funny how the mere mention of Hakeem is enough for people to say dumb shit like:"it's over for the league, LeBron's gonna destroy everything, he's gonna be the GOAT, directly top 5 with just one ring..."

People still haven't learned not to put to put the cart before the horse. :facepalm

SmackOrH.A.K
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
he sounded very humble in that espn interview.

Ruutu
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
he sounded very humble in that espn interview.

He was. Maibe he is more focust now, lets hope!
Also nice to see him helping young kids!

PowerGlove
08-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Funny how the mere mention of Hakeem is enough for people to say dumb shit like:"it's over for the league, LeBron's gonna destroy everything, he's gonna be the GOAT, directly top 5 with just one ring..."

People still haven't learned not to put to put the cart before the horse. :facepalm
People overreact and let their optimism get the best of them. How is that so awful that you have to cry about it twice?

LBJ 23
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Any video? The one op posted doesn't work for me

Chaddai
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
This. Tired of people saying LeBron can't shoot. He has improved his jump shot so much compared to when he came into the league. Sure, he's not a brilliant shooter, but he's definitely above average. He's also great at creating his own shot and his shot selection is usually very good as well. He could be a little more consistent with his three pointers, though.

Yup. He can shoot. His outside jumper this year was better than Kobe. He just needs to improve his mid range in my opinion.

Last Season's outside jumpers % for both of em.
Kobe's long range 16-23 ft 2.2FGM 5.9 FGA 38.0%
Lebron's long range 16-23 ft 2.4FGM 5.4FGA 45.0%

Lebron needs to improve his off the ball/catch and shoot though. He can make his own jump shot, but I've noticed sometimes when he gets the ball and he's open he takes a dribble before he shoots. That tells us that his catch and shoot is weak. If Lebron had an off the ball game, I doubt his performance would be so low in the Finals this year. This finals, he'd just get the ball and hold it and let the defense load up on him. If he's working without the ball their is less pressure on defense , so he can score easier. He has to work on his mentality of the game too. He needs to know he has to get his shots too even though Wade or whatever is hot or he will get thrown of rhythm with his shots.

I.R.Beast
08-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Yup. He can shoot. His outside jumper this year was better than Kobe. He just needs to improve his mid range in my opinion.

Last Season's outside jumpers % for both of em.
Kobe's long range 16-23 ft 2.2FGM 5.9 FGA 38.0%
Lebron's long range 16-23 ft 2.4FGM 5.4FGA 45.0%

Lebron needs to improve his off the ball/catch and shoot though. He can make his own jump shot, but I've noticed sometimes when he gets the ball and he's open he takes a dribble before he shoots. That tells us that his catch and shoot is weak. If Lebron had an off the ball game, I doubt his performance would be so low in the Finals this year. This finals, he'd just get the ball and hold it and let the defense load up on him. If he's working without the ball their is less pressure on defense , so he can score easier. He has to work on his mentality of the game too. He needs to know he has to get his shots too even though Wade or whatever is hot or he will get thrown of rhythm with his shots.

you people are so dumb.....James got most of his jumpers off of screens or being played off...We all saw what happened to his J when constested the way Guys Like Durant, Melo and Kobe are contested on their jumpers......He still can't shoot consistently and under tough defense like those guys

Simple Jack
08-09-2011, 04:32 PM
you people are so dumb.....James got most of his jumpers off of screens or being played off...We all saw what happened to his J when constested the way Guys Like Durant, Melo and Kobe are contested on their jumpers......He still can't shoot consistently and under tough defense like those guys

You mean like in the Chicago series?

Being a steak shooter doesn't mean he can't shoot when defense tightens up; it just means there are periods when he's very on and very off.

rodman91
08-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Same shit every year.

Also true.Must be blind to not see he losts his confidence so quickly when things go wrong.

Lebron23
08-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Any footage of LeBron working with Hakeem?

Theoo's Daddy
08-11-2011, 06:39 PM

I dont think they took any. it could've been all over the net by now.

NBASTATMAN
08-12-2011, 12:35 AM

read more here.

At least he went to the master.. Though I think that Mchale's footwork would be easier for Lebron to learn.. Not sure if anyone but THE DREAM COULD PULL OFF HIS FOOTWORK.. :rockon: STAY SAFE

Soundwave
08-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Of course Kobe had a decent post game before 2009. He had a copy of Michael Jordan's "Hangtime" lodged pretty firmly up his ass.

Anyways, kudos to LeBron for recognizing he needed to work on this aspect of his game. If he can develop it, the rest of the league is in big trouble.

herschel4heisman
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM

Josh Smith's post game remarkably improved after the summer with Hakeem. He had perhaps his best season bc he stopped taking 3s and played predominantly from the post. Now when he works out of the post he is much improved than what he was several years ago. The issue with him is for some reason that is not apparent to anyone else, he prefers to linger 15-18 ft away from the basket as opposed to what he does best. Hakeem helped him out with his back to the basket game but helping Josh out with his Bball IQ is beyond Hakeem's scope of expertise.

JaskoX1
08-12-2011, 05:48 PM
:bowdown:

"no pic or its all fake"

LA_Showtime
08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Why is this news? According to LeBron, he's been working on his post game for the past 5 years. Seriously, until LeBron proves it on the court no one should get excited. LeBron talking about his post game is like Jermaine O'Neal telling everyone he's going to be healthy and return to his all-star self.

JaskoX1
08-12-2011, 07:46 PM
LeBron and Dwight have been working on the Dream Shake since forever.

Eat Like A Bosh
08-12-2011, 07:59 PM
http://www.dynga.com/Blandat/Pics%20or%20it%20Didn_t%20Happen.jpg

LA_Showtime
08-12-2011, 08:16 PM
I remember LeBron mentioning his improved post game at the beginning of his 2nd or 3rd year. He came out hot and made like 5-6 threes and the announcers were like, "Folks, he's added range to his game, but his post game has gone up a whole 'nother level."

macpierce
08-12-2011, 09:25 PM
lebron pounding the ball means wade wont have the ball as often.........good news for the league :oldlol:

Rouge
08-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Why not work with McHale? He had the best post moves ever...

sh0wtime
09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Sorry for the late pass but i have to say here I’m glad to see Lebron take steps to improve his game. I’m surprised he had not done this before, but working with Hakeem can’t hurt.

My only critique of Lebron nowadays has mostly been that he does not seem to have fine-tuned skills (moves) with his back to the basket in the post, he seems to succeed there somehow anyways on raw talent/strength/size over a smaller defender more than enough though (when he rarely posts up), overpowering his defender with sheer strength & size, but there goes the limit to his post game skills. If he works on this, his post game will be comfortable and that means even more efficient scoring and as unselfish playmaker he is even more passing , which is a scary thought, because just take look at what such size can do to a perimeter player who has great passing ability, court vision and post game (Magic Johnson), you make not only yourself but your teammates better. In the halfcourt and on the perimeter Magic never had to drive past or crossover or jump over anybody, he simply turned his back and walked around with that defender on him wherever he wanted to on the floor looking to make the best play for himself or his teammates, Lebrons back to the basket game is not at that level in the post or anywhere on the court.

He has always been a star and the number one player lately, read the one everyone depends on to win, especially the team he was on and I feel this has caused him to do everything and rely on raw talent too much.

Last year in Miami was really the first time where a team didn’t depend solely on him to win; he was needed but this need was spread between him and D. Wade and a theoretical extension to Chris Bosh. So its very different situation he is in, a situation where the correct gamestyle will be extremly handy and a post game is a good start. This and the move [working with Olajuwon] could be proof that he took the core of the critiques thrown at him to heart and decided to do something about it… good for him.

nbacardDOTnet
09-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Why not work with McHale? He had the best post moves ever...

If you were Kevin McHale, do you want to work with this Loser ?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/--vs--6.gif

pauk
09-06-2011, 11:59 AM
If you were Kevin McHale, do you want to work with this Loser ?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/--vs--6.gif

oh puhleeze... u can make even your hero kobrick cryant look like a retard in the post with those vids.....

yes lebron needs to add more moves there.... but he is not bad at all in the post... not as u kobetards would like to dream of.... he has been pwning all your laker defenders in the post so far.... artest-kobe looked like ragdolls tryin to defend lebron in the post.........

PTB Fan
09-06-2011, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=sh0wtime]Sorry for the late pass but i have to say here I

Lebron23
09-06-2011, 12:04 PM
oh puhleeze... u can make even your hero kobrick cryant look like a retard in the post with those vids.....

yes lebron needs to add more moves there.... but he is not bad at all in the post... not as u kobetards would like to dream of.... he has been pwning all your laker defenders in the post so far.... artest-kobe looked like ragdolls tryin to defend lebron in the post.........

Just ignore that @$$hole. He was still bitter that the Heat beat the Celtics in the playoffs. He's the same clown who also hated Dwight Howard. On topic. I want to see some footage of Hakeem training LeBron.

Ronaldinho
09-06-2011, 12:33 PM

No you cant.You can show some Kobe TO and things like that.But his moviments are fluid and doesnt lock awkward like Lebron.

Save this thread Phong.And please, transform this amazing footwork of Lebron in Gif.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuoiNst5_ag&feature=related

pauk
09-06-2011, 12:39 PM
No you cant.You can show some Kobe TO and things like that.But his moviments are fluid and doesnt lock awkward like Lebron.

Save this thread Phong.And please, transform this amazing footwork of Lebron in Gif.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuoiNst5_ag&feature=related

here u go nikka... kobrick lookin like a retard in the post... apparently he needs to work on his post game even more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crAOzajOPgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKyagzwT14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-_o118F9M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRP6Sy8ICwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGtOqGjlZr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTN-4LoFefA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3LFQUCis1o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lFiKcBhJCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcaybP__6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuQkUDq40KU&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLE35C1C013ADCB1B5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpxPgoPBrTk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2--Fi9RzV4

tell me if u want some more...........

D-Wade316
09-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Did you just copied KoBRICK CRYant from me? I bet I'm the first one to make that name slap here.

Ronaldinho
09-06-2011, 12:42 PM
here u go nikka... kobrick lookin like a retard in the post... apparently he needs to work on his post game even more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crAOzajOPgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKyagzwT14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcaybP__6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-_o118F9M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRP6Sy8ICwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTN-4LoFefA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3LFQUCis1o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGtOqGjlZr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lFiKcBhJCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuQkUDq40KU&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLE35C1C013ADCB1B5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpxPgoPBrTk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2--Fi9RzV4

tell me if u want some more...........
These are good defense.He doesnt look a peace of shit like Lebron

pauk
09-06-2011, 12:53 PM
These are good defense.He doesnt look a peace of shit like Lebron

looking like a piece of shit? lmfao.... he gets stripped and then tries to go after the ball.... thats good defense....

tony allen is an amazing defender.... and thats the ONLY time tony allen was able to "stop" lebron........ watch the rest of that game or any game where Tony Allen defends lebron...... he absolutely kills him (EVEN IN THE POST).........

im sure you as a Kobe fan would know that tony allen is a great defender...... considering he has stopped Kobe millions of times... and is Kobes nightmare.... Tony Allen defends Kobe better than ANYBODY....

for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgKz0gfBqso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ubdFY-Wwc

u look like a piece of shit or awkward anytime you get swatted, stripped and so on...

D-Wade316
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Did you just copied KoBRICK CRYant from me? I bet I'm the first one to make that name slap here.
Can you please answer this pauk?

pauk
09-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Can you please answer this pauk?

i have been using kobrick cryant since 2009 here or earlier with my evilmonkey account... which got banned... :(

D-Wade316
09-06-2011, 01:06 PM
^^^:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebron23
10-29-2011, 04:45 AM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/lebron-hakeem.jpg

Inception28
10-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Why is this news? According to LeBron, he's been working on his post game for the past 5 years. Seriously, until LeBron proves it on the court no one should get excited. LeBron talking about his post game is like Jermaine O'Neal telling everyone he's going to be healthy and return to his all-star self.
Pretty much this. Lebron talks the talk a lot but he never walks the walk. I'll see it when I believe it. I use to criticize LBJ for his inconsistent jump shot and weak D but he eventually worked on that. We will see if he will ever acquire and improve his post game .

rodman91
10-29-2011, 07:12 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/lebron-hakeem.jpg

Hakeem looks still fit unlike other NBA legends.

DevilsAssassin
10-29-2011, 07:18 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Hondo
10-29-2011, 10:54 PM
He has a very good, if somewhat erratic jumpshot.

Sure he does.

Just like he's money in the 4th quarter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMEXiixT5tM&feature=related

knightfall88
10-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Actually Lebron does have a very good jumpshot, it just never goes in.

P.S he probably just went to get his picture taken with Hakeem for his twitter page

MichaelCheazley
10-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Sure he does.

Just like he's money in the 4th quarter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMEXiixT5tM&feature=related
Holy shit, even if those were just selected possesions, its crazy how passive/non aggresive/out of it he was. I guess thats the way you watch the game when your not looking for everything lebron does wrong. But god i dont remember him being that out of it.

pauk
10-30-2011, 02:21 AM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

pauk
10-30-2011, 02:23 AM
Holy shit, even if those were just selected possesions, its crazy how passive/non aggresive/out of it he was. I guess thats the way you watch the game when your not looking for everything lebron does wrong. But god i dont remember him being that out of it.

he was trying so hard to make everybody happy offensively

OmniStrife
10-30-2011, 04:09 AM
Wow, the dream looks game-ready.

Props to him.

Staying healthy and making dough teaching younglings. :applause:

pmj
10-30-2011, 08:50 AM
he was trying so hard to make everybody happy offensively

Those clips are pretty bad dude. They look like someone that doesn't have confidence in their shot.

Everyone who's ever played basketball knows your hurting your team if you don't take open shots. I heard he was working on catch and shoot so hopefully that part of his game gets better.

nayte
10-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Good stuff Lebron.I just hope he uses it in the games .If he gets himself set in the low block he is gonna do some damage.

Lebron23
11-03-2011, 04:56 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/35ipswp.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2110w77.jpg

Hakeem needs to open his own basketball academy.

bdreason
11-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Game over.

DevilsAssassin
11-03-2011, 09:58 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/35ipswp.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2110w77.jpg

Hakeem needs to open his own basketball academy.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

inclinerator
11-03-2011, 11:17 PM
dwight looking huge!! homo

rodman91
11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
dwight looking huge!! homo
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/Shaquille%20Oneal/VS/Dwight%20Howard/vsdh12.jpg

Bigsmoke
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
that a boy

goldenboy_smith
11-06-2011, 04:02 PM
he realll needs that post game cuz the dude is so quick and and powerful that he can eaat any position dow there :S, if he is crafty

Lebron23
01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
LeBron showed a lot of basic post moves against the Sixers. When LeBron wins an NBA Championship. I hope mentions Hakeem's name live on air, and invites him to the championship cruise.

D-Wade316
01-22-2012, 11:20 AM
LeBron showed a lot of basic post moves against the Sixers. When LeBron wins an NBA Championship. I he mentions Hakeem's name on his TV, and invites him to the championship cruise.
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Lebron23
01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

We are gonna use a Submarine this time.

:lol :lol :lol

LakersReign
01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Lebron has no real interest in consistently playing the post, cuz he isn't that type of player to "hang and bang." Doing a few post moves vs a team with no real inside presence is nothing to get excited about, and pretty much proves my point. Holla when he does that vs Dallas, Boston, etc.

Haymaker
01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Lebron has no feel for the post game. He posts too far from the paint, can't pivot effectively and haven't developed a proper spin-move that would be perfect for him given his speed advantage.

Dave3
01-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Lebron has no real interest in consistently playing the post, cuz he isn't that type of player to "hang and bang." Doing a few post moves vs a team with no real inside presence is nothing to get excited about, and pretty much proves my point. Holla when he does that vs Dallas, Boston, etc.
You mean his two of his first games when it was most obvious he was going to the post the most and everyone was talking about it?

LakersReign
01-22-2012, 04:21 PM
You mean his two of his first games when it was most obvious he was going to the post the most and everyone was talking about it?

So.....according to you, the words "consistently playing the post" means just a few games?!:hammerhead:

Dave3
01-22-2012, 04:34 PM
So.....according to you, the words "consistently playing the post" means just a few games?!:hammerhead:
You said "Holla when he does that against Boston and Dallas"

He did it against Boston and Dallas. I gave you what you wanted:confusedshrug: No where did I say they were the only games he played in the post, don't know why you're making that assumption.

I'm not the one that said those are the qualification for consistency, you're the one that asked for those games, seemingly unaware that they occured.

LakersReign
01-22-2012, 04:37 PM
You said "Holla when he does that against Boston and Dallas"

He did it against Boston and Dallas. I gave you what you wanted:confusedshrug:

I'm not the one that said those are the qualification for consistency, you're the one that asked for those games, seemingly unaware that they occured.

There you go again saying that the words "consistently playing the post" means a few games. Just love it how they take ONE SENTENCE out of an ENTIRE PARAGRAPH and try to say something. Please keep trying to play semantics, further embarrassing yourself:facepalm

Dave3
01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
There you go again saying that the words "consistently playing the post" means a few games.
So...about that..I never did. Thanks. I provided you with the specific games you asked for. I apologize for giving you exactly what you asked for:confusedshrug:

LakersReign
01-22-2012, 04:44 PM
So...about that..I never did. Thanks. I provided you with the specific games you asked for. I apologize for giving you exactly what you asked for:confusedshrug:

Lern how to read and comprehend what you^ read. That way you'll^ avoid embarrassing yourself the way you just did:lol

Dave3
01-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Lern how to read, that way you'll^ avoid embarrassing yourself the way you just did:lol
Okay.

Lebron23
02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
LeBron is currently leading the league in efficiency on post ups!

Lebron23
02-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Hakeem = Elder Kai

LeBron = Mystic Gohan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTCdpR9Lkb4

inclinerator
02-16-2012, 11:06 PM
lebron has gone away from the post

Lebron23
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
lebron has gone away from the post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu6tmiqYu5M