PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 12

knickballer
08-15-2011, 09:32 AM
I can't wait for this game.. I'm hoping they've improved the game as last years game was just terrible(Career mode specifically). Anyone else waiting for fifa or PES?

niko
08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
FIFA still. I'm confident PES will get better this year but i can't deal with the lack of real teams and licenses from PES, i know one can download, etc. but i have such limited time to play, it's a big problem to me that i need to do that. Such is life...

FIFA looks good, they made some actual control changes and collision changes. Look at the previews. IF they make some good changes to career modes (more options just really) it should be awesome. If you control a Man U for instance, you should not have to play a season to qualify for Champions League for instance. They are always there.

jaydacris
09-19-2011, 07:37 PM
fifa 12 demo glitches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YAR6I_T-uVc

:lol

niko
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM
The collisions and general movement on offense are better. The new defensive button layouts, etc. are stupid. I don't know what they are thinking and although you can map to old buttons, the players react as if the new defensive structure is being used. pisses me off.

that said ill have it friday (i got the early thingee) and will have it by tuesday and will play it to death but im still pissed off.

Who do you use knickballer? Generally ill have a season going with Red Bull, one with Chelsea, and a Champions League set up using some random team.

Positive
09-20-2011, 05:09 PM
The collisions and general movement on offense are better. The new defensive button layouts, etc. are stupid. I don't know what they are thinking and although you can map to old buttons, the players react as if the new defensive structure is being used. pisses me off.

that said ill have it friday (i got the early thingee) and will have it by tuesday and will play it to death but im still pissed off.

Who do you use knickballer? Generally ill have a season going with Red Bull, one with Chelsea, and a Champions League set up using some random team.
Yeah, I really didn't like the new defensive set up either. I've played the last two Fifas a ton and loved every minute of it. After playing the demo, I'm not really looking forward to this one as much. The new defensive set up seems like a good idea but the actual gameplay is lacking, but that may be just because I suck at it. I just don't like the way the AI responds on defense, they can't seem to pick someone out and stay with them.

Skywalker
09-20-2011, 08:40 PM
fifa 12 demo glitches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YAR6I_T-uVc

:lol

LMFAO xavi and mexes doing rey mysterio shit

I had one with Ibra doing a throwin his body just started floating like he was in space and was completely stiff

jaydacris
09-24-2011, 03:07 AM
damn ign gave it a boss review... 9.5

all reviews 90 and up so far on metacritic (only 3 :p)

niko
09-24-2011, 09:18 AM
the new defensive controls suck. i don't get what they were thinking, no one had control issues. they implemented new collisions and made controls that made collissions rare. Note to EA, FIFA doesn't have to have the realistic flow of a soccer match, we only play 10 minute ****ing games, that's not quite realistic.

UK-NJ
09-26-2011, 05:57 PM
the new defensive controls suck. i don't get what they were thinking, no one had control issues. they implemented new collisions and made controls that made collissions rare. Note to EA, FIFA doesn't have to have the realistic flow of a soccer match, we only play 10 minute ****ing games, that's not quite realistic.
Neither were goals that came about from tackling a player, being tackled, tackling them back, being tackled back ad nauseum. The amount of contact & bulldozing through people in FIFA 11 took the piss. At least now there's a little more strategy to the game rather than holding down pressure buttons & hoping for a few lucky collisions to go in your favour.

My reservations with this years game lie more with the size of the players in relation to the pitch, and their lack of real presence when the ball's being passed around on the deck. You can pass inches to the side of world class defensive midfielders without them intercepting the pass, and I feel like that leaves the game a bit too open to mindless passing without prior thought. It's crazy how all these years on, PES5 remains the most realistic, balanced football game ever released. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

Skywalker
09-26-2011, 06:25 PM
the tactical defense is a revelation imo

forces players to play true defense rather than throwing double teams at whoever has the ball, it forces you to keep your shape and tactically defend lol, its too bad that they give you the option to go back to the old defense because if every player learned to play with that defense itd be more realistic

UK-NJ
09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Luckily they don't allow you to use legacy defending online - you have to use tactical. Whether or not they'll stick with such a hardline stance is another question entirely... Hopefully they will, although knowing EA they'll bend at the first sign of a backlash.

Positive
09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
the tactical defense is a revelation imo

forces players to play true defense rather than throwing double teams at whoever has the ball, it forces you to keep your shape and tactically defend lol, its too bad that they give you the option to go back to the old defense because if every player learned to play with that defense itd be more realistic
Yeah, I've actually learned to use the tactical defending a little better and it's definitely better than I initially thought. It'll take some more getting used to but it'll make the game better off in the long term.

ALBballer
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
The game isn't bad I guess?. I'm still waiting to try PES, hopefully the fix the few glitches they had last season.

ukballer
09-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Not played a FIFA game properly since FIFA 09, so looking forward to getting back into it. I've heard Ultimate Team is addictive.

niko
09-27-2011, 05:49 PM
you all shamed me into tactical. No, i don't like it better but it's not bad. The thing is, you HAVE to use it. Legacy defendnig doesn't work, players react as if you can use tactical defending, so if you use legacy, the defenders are in strange positions and it does not work.

i forgot who asked, but yes, the game is good. and i didn't like the PES demo too much, they added greater but too complex (IMO) control of other players while you are on offense. its not a step above last year, which (again IMO) it would need to be in order for me to choose it over FIFA.

IGOTGAME
09-27-2011, 05:57 PM
got fifa 12 from blockbuster pass. online pass is a f'in joke. I gotta pay 10 bucks to play online. F*** EA Sports.

Grinder
09-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Just picked it up, anyone up for a game on 360 in a few hours? List your gamertag and we can play

Skywalker
09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
omfg I'm addicted

every mode is so fun, and Im losing more than I win but still addicted

this will probably be the game I've logged the most time on in my life once it's over n done with

I got an IN FORM 89 overall modric in a pack LOLOL couldnt believe it

never got anything better than 84 in UT 11 and that was like xabi alonso or something, nothing ever in form YEAHHHHHH

who wants a game on ps3?

add me richjones91

bdreason
09-27-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm still trying to get a handle on this defense. This is my first time playing Ultimate Team too, pretty fun so far. I'm down for some games if anyone wants to add me.

PSN - DaPessimist

netsfan549
09-27-2011, 11:54 PM
I can't believe ppl like Fifa over PES.. I got fifa 11 last year piece of crap nothing compare to PES. I will rent this game this week to try it out..

Skywalker
09-28-2011, 01:35 AM
http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#rM0XZr49bbwWM

theres my ultimate team

had to build around modric after I lucked into getting him

ukballer
09-28-2011, 02:06 AM
No offence, but I find it kinda weird that North America would get it before Europe.

I'd understand completely for a game like 2K12 or Madden, but not FIFA.

Oh well, I'll get it either tomorrow or friday.

Grinder
09-28-2011, 03:05 AM
This game is so addicting. Love the new defensive system.

I just played for 4 hours straight. :lol

knickballer
09-28-2011, 12:11 PM

Well I usually go with a MLS team but it gets real easy so I'll play with them later. I started a CM with West Ham(d2) and got promoted to the EPL. I'm doing pretty good right now and finally starting to get some major talent coming in. They fixed the CM which is nice as players actually grow and the youth academy is a cool feature that they re-added from the older ones(why did they even take it out??) it still lacks some depth but it's fun and addicting.

The gameplay is good but the AI is a bit weird. I can't finish for shit and goalies go ninja mode.. I'll aim for the upper right when I'm 1-1 but the goalie has catlike reflexes..

At first I didn't like the new defense but I really like it now. It's fun and better than using the older systems of just pressing B for the ball. Not to mention It's fun covering lanes, marking 1-1, etc. Makes it feel more rewarding.

What formations do you guys use? I want to have an attacking formation. I use a 4-3-3 most of the times with 1 mid as a CAM, and some times I just put everyone in attack lol. No joke I'll have like 3 defenders back with everyone else in attack.

knickballer
09-28-2011, 12:14 PM

theres my ultimate team

how do you play ultimate team? I always see people talk/rave about it but do you just trade cards or something? Do you have to pay for it aswell?

niko
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM
No offence, but I find it kinda weird that North America would get it before Europe.

I'd understand completely for a game like 2K12 or Madden, but not FIFA.

Oh well, I'll get it either tomorrow or friday.
The most copies of FIFA are sold in the US. More than any other country. It pays to be BIG.

Toni
09-28-2011, 01:18 PM

theres my ultimate team

Lot's of Croats on your team bro I like it! :cheers:

I think Olic is very underrated however. His pace should be something like 85. That guy is fast as fcuk and never stops running.

bdreason
09-28-2011, 04:02 PM

theres my ultimate team

How did you get an all Gold team in the first day?

I got 24 Gold packs for my preorder bonus, but they don't unlock until Oct. 1st. Right now my team is mostly Bronze with a few Silver. :facepalm

Skywalker
09-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I bought a 20 dollar PSN cash card, enough for 13 gold premium packs :P

lucked out so hard getting modric wow, in all the other packs I havent gotten anything best player was like Tim Howard lmao

Grinder
09-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Love playing with Mario Balotelli, scored a hat trick with him and a bunch of other goals and assists in a few other games.

I prefer playing him over Tevez.

UtahJazzFan88
09-28-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not really a huge soccer fan, but why can't the game make more stadiums? (aka all the MLS stadiums) NCAA football can somehow make 120 stadiums, yet you only get like 20 in FIFA, and only like 1 or 2 are American stadiums.

Kobe Jnr
09-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Haven't bought it yet. Might skip it this year. 2k12 will keep me busy for a while..

AirTupac
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Love playing with Mario Balotelli, scored a hat trick with him and a bunch of other goals and assists in a few other games.

I prefer playing him over Tevez.

I play Dzeko / Balo / Aguero. Never Tevez (hate the ****).

bdreason
10-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Team mode is addicting. I'm building an all Silver team that consists of all MLS players, and mostly Americans. Team rating is around 70 and chemistry around 80.

I also just started to build my first Gold team, thanks to my free Gold packs that finally kicked in from my pre-order bonus. Going to be all Brazilians runnin the 4-3-1-2.

ukballer
10-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Haven't bought it yet. Might skip it this year. 2k12 will keep me busy for a while..

I kinda had that mindset too, but I went ahead and bought it anyway. Ultimate Team is great, I had some spare Microsoft points so went ahead and bought myself a gold pack just to strengthen a couple of areas. Team is rated about 68 right now, chemistry isn't high, but I'm just playing through some single player tournaments for some coins at the moment.

One of the main reasons I got this game is because so many of my friends have it too. Obviously with football being the main sport in my country, almost everyone I know will be playing it, so I can join leagues, or just play online with pretty much whoever I like.

Skywalker
10-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Team mode is addicting. I'm building an all Silver team that consists of all MLS players, and mostly Americans. Team rating is around 70 and chemistry around 80.

I also just started to build my first Gold team, thanks to my free Gold packs that finally kicked in from my pre-order bonus. Going to be all Brazilians runnin the 4-3-1-2.

yes it is too addictive

AirTupac
10-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Pissed off that Bosnia isn't in the game... We're 22nd ffs.

I'm planning on buying the game after mid terms.

ALBballer
10-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm playing PES (the italian version since I can't find the english one for download) and the gameplay is so much better than FIFA. It's not even close.......

SourPatchKids
10-03-2011, 01:29 AM
I'm playing PES (the italian version since I can't find the english one for download) and the gameplay is so much better than FIFA. It's not even close.......
Bullshit.

ukballer
10-03-2011, 03:13 AM

Couldn't be more wrong IMO. Tried PES out at Gamefest (gaming fair/convention/whatever you wanna call it) and it wasn't anywhere near the same level as FIFA.

ALBballer
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I've played fifa for multiple hours prob lke 10+ hours and the game is ok. Its certainly better than last year but it doesn't compare to pes which has better graphics player movements and anything else u want for gameplay. Sure its not fully licensed but rosters will be realesd soon enough.

Fifa career mode is really good but I have yet to try the one for PES

Skywalker
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
I started my first career mode as a manager, using PSG.

The youth setup feature is sick, nice addition.

Lyon won the Ligue by 10+ pts though gay. Signed van der Wiel as main signing so far, added Henry :lol: in January when Gameiro was out for 6 weeks

DFish
10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Is it possible to create a team in FIFA 12? The same way you can create a player?

Also, I tried PES 2011 once and it made me realize how much better FIFA is. I couldn't play PES for any considerable amount of time knowing there's a far superior competing game available.

Grinder
10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I've been on a tear with Bayern Munich and Man City (especially) lately. Won or drew like 17/20 of my most recent games with a lot of them being 3-4 goal blowouts. I've found that lightning fast midfielders with great ball control like Silva, Nasri, Robben, and Ribery are essential to my style of play in the 4-2-2-2 formation. It doesn't hurt that these teams have great defenders and guys that can defend 1 on one. Vincent Kompany is amazing in this game.

With City I always go with:
------------------------Hart-----
---------------Kompany-----Lescott
---------Richards-----------------------Clichy
--------------Toure------------De Jong------
--------Silva----------------------------Nasri
----------------Ag

Ol Dirty Bastard
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I tend to get very addicted playing fifa, may wait after EPL transfer period to buy this game

Skywalker
10-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Got Arjen Robben on FUT omfg, he's worth like 400 k coins. built a team round him but couldnt afford van persie damn, will have to save up.

pro clubs are fun as fck too

Skywalker
10-22-2011, 09:07 PM
add me 4 a game on ps3

richjones91

Dizzle-2k7
10-23-2011, 03:23 AM
this is the sickest game ever.. that b button on defense is my shlt

bballer
10-23-2011, 08:25 AM
damn people online are good.

BEAST Griffin
10-24-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm on a roll. Just whooped Real Madrid with Bayern in a rated match.

0-5.

:pimp:

arkain
10-24-2011, 01:51 PM
add me on psn - lazergun_pewpew

DFish
10-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Do you guys use many skills (LT/L2 ones) in online matches?

I can do plenty in the arena (in pro camera), but when I'm playing online in tele I usually don't find the opportunity to use them. I'm always concentrating on passing.

Skywalker
10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I use skills in the right situations Ive got a lot down pat I can skin some guys pretty good, Robben down the right wing is my main weapon, finally got enough coins to add RVP too Im gonna be a damn good team now. Current set up:

Stekelenburg
Abate Lucio Cordoba Pieters
Emmanuelson De Jong Sneijder
Robben Van Persie Affelay

(FUT)

craigthomasb
10-27-2011, 05:37 PM
whats with the dutch facsination?

Skywalker
10-27-2011, 07:22 PM
its ultimate team so you have to have guys from either the same league or nation to have chemistry

Grinder
10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Do you guys use many skills (LT/L2 ones) in online matches?

I can do plenty in the arena (in pro camera), but when I'm playing online in tele I usually don't find the opportunity to use them. I'm always concentrating on passing.

Yeah, they're a big part of my game, especially LT so I can get defenders off balance. Dribble moves I use all the time with guys like Iniesta, Messi, Robben, Ribery, etc. to maneuver in tight situations and shake defenders.

craigthomasb
10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
its ultimate team so you have to have guys from either the same league or nation to have chemistry

Oh didnt know that, ive never played ultimate team, how does it work?

i imagine you play people online and win cards by beating them???

im alright at the game, but i know online i will get slaughtered

Grinder
10-28-2011, 12:52 PM
I beat my buddy (who's actually not a bad player, beat me 3 straight times a few days earlier) 9-0 the other day. I was Portugal and he was the Ivory Coast. Scored a hattrick with Ronaldo and Varela, put one in with Nani, and one with Joao Moutinho and then scored with Rui Patricio (GK) on a penalty. :oldlol:

Played him again with Bayern Munich, he was Liverpool. Two goals with Robben, one with Gomez, and another with Muller.

Third game, he was England and I was Italy. I scored 6 with Balotelli...most I've scored with a single player in one game.

Skywalker
10-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh didnt know that, ive never played ultimate team, how does it work?

i imagine you play people online and win cards by beating them???

im alright at the game, but i know online i will get slaughtered

you buy cards with coins from beating other people and winning tournaments or using your credit card (lmao), on the forum theres hundreds of kids who have their parents spendings thousands of dollars EA must make boatloads off it

I spent 20 bucks and got an inform modric who was super rare and set me up for a good team right off the bat I got lucky

Bosnian Sajo
10-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Sky you sold Modric?

Skywalker
10-29-2011, 07:45 PM
yeah got bored of the barclays premier league team

sold him and all my premier league players built a dutch team, I got Robben for 340 K when his value was like 390 K but now it's dropped to 300 K

kinda want to build a uruguay team now

Cavani Suarez
Forlan
Lodeiro Gargano Ramirez
Pereira Lugano Coates Caceres
Muslera

maybe

would cost like 100 K i think, could sell my dutch team for like 450 K

DFish
06-26-2012, 11:57 PM
13?

ukballer
06-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Pre-order offers for FIFA 13 are out now. I'm getting the Ultimate Edition which gives you 24 Gold Ultimate Team packs. Only gives you one pack a week though, which is fair I think.

I only really started playing Ultimate Team a few weeks ago, but I've built up a nice Premier League team I think. I use 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

David De Gea
Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, Ashley Cole
Niguel De Jong
Theo Walcott, Florent Malouda
Kaka (Alternate him with Javier Hernandez)
Mario Balotelli (In-Form), Robin van Persie

Managed to get an in-form Daniele De Rossi a few days ago though, so I might build an Italian and/or Serie A team soon.

Bano114
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM
If anyone who does Ultimate team could help me out. I got the game about 2 weeks ago and traded my way up from about 2k to about 30k and I've hit a wall. Any tips on what players I should buy and sell to really see a jump in profit? I'm tried of trading ok gold players for 300 coin profits.

I've been going after Joe Harts for under 3k and selling them for anywhere to 500-1000 coin profit. Any other ideas?

jamal99
08-03-2012, 09:27 PM
I finally realized how much better FIFA is compared to PES. I played with friends like 10 days in a row and it's much better. PES is so unrealistic and full of bugs, but I was in denial because I played it since I was like 10 or 11 years old...

knickballer
08-18-2012, 05:46 PM
I finally realized how much better FIFA is compared to PES. I played with friends like 10 days in a row and it's much better. PES is so unrealistic and full of bugs, but I was in denial because I played it since I was like 10 or 11 years old...

I'm like this as well. I really like PES a couple of years ago but the game has regressed, this last one was extremely buggy and not balanced all. That being said FIFA is better but it's still not a solid game.

I just want a good career/franchise mode. If that feature is good I can deal with an average gameplay tbh.

SourPatchKids
08-18-2012, 10:03 PM
13?
No thread yet?!