PDA

View Full Version : Iverson is the 2nd Best SG of All Time Behind Jordan

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Like the title says Iverson is the 2nd best SG of all time individually. I'm not talking about career achievements or anything. This is simply about who was the better player.

1. Jordan
2. Iverson

AND THIS IS NOT EVEN DEBATABLE.

Iverson was unstoppable during his prime. He was shitting on everyone every single game. So cut this crap about Kobe being better than Iverson.

The only reason why everyone says Kobe is top10 is because he has 5 rings and he won 3 of them while riding Shaq's dick and other 2 when he was on a stacked team. He wouldn't have won shit if he wasn't playing on the Lakers. These Kobe stans need to get a life and stop overrating Kobe.

Iverson > Kobe as a player and it's not even close. Hell even Wade is better than Kobe individually.

Irish
08-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Please watch the 2008 playoffs again kind sir. Then come back to this thread.

LBJDWADE63
08-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Jordan> Wade > Iverson > Nick Young > Kobe

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Please watch the 2008 playoffs again kind sir. Then come back to this thread.

Kobe and the Lakers got raped by the Celtics that year. No need to watch it again.

Irish
08-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Kobe and the Lakers got raped by the Celtics that year. No need to watch it again.

And Iverson got shitted on by Kobe. And it was real bad.

Heavincent
08-20-2011, 02:33 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Good joke.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:35 PM
And Iverson got shitted on by Kobe. And it was real bad.

Iverson was 32 that year. He was getting old and he wasn't the same player he was before. Stop being stupid...

All Net
08-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Yet another agenda thread..yay

Irish
08-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Iverson was 32 that year. He was getting old and he wasn't the same player he was before. Stop being stupid...

Kobe at 32 Reigning Finals MVP.

Next.

BarberSchool
08-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Like the title says Iverson is the 2nd best SG of all time individually.

1. Jordan
2. Iverson

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbdz3b2t9h1qzmowao1_400.jpg

http://www.catacombscds.com/images/family_guy/family_guy_stewie_imbecile_patch.jpg

Although it's true that Iverson is not 2nd best, not in any way, and that's not debatable.

RRR3
08-20-2011, 02:39 PM
All-time:
MJ>Kobe>Wade>Iverson

Peak wise, Tracy McGrady was also better than Iverson.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Kobe at 32 Reigning Finals MVP.

Next.

Nope. Kobe was 32 this year and he got swept by the Mavs. Also had a shitty regular season. He wasn't even able to attack the rim that's why he solely depended on jump shots. Homeboy you're way outta your head.

Irish
08-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Nope. Kobe was 32 this year and he got swept by the Mavs. Also had a shitty regular season. He wasn't even able to attack the rim last year that's why he solely depended on jump shots. Homeboy you're way outta your head.

I dont like sticking up for Kobe in this forum, but this thread isnt even a good trolling thread. Worthless.

StacksOnDeck
08-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Shock thread is shock thread.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:46 PM
All-time:
MJ>Kobe>Wade>Iverson

Peak wise, Tracy McGrady was also better than Iverson.

I don't have a problem with your first statement because like I said I'm not comparing their achievements.

It's true that T-Mac's peak was better than Iverson's but prime wise it was Iverson.

catch24
08-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Uh, no... he's not better than Wade

;]

Heavincent
08-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Don't feed the troll folks. GS1905 is just Gengiskhan and pauk.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I dont like sticking up for Kobe in this forum, but this thread isnt even a good trolling thread. Worthless.

You made up some bullshit and now you're running away cuz you don' even have a legit argument.

All Net
08-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Don't feed the troll folks. GS1905 is just Gengiskhan and pauk.

and heat116 or whatever his name is

pretty obvious.

wouldn't surprise me the ones who are praising Kobe like Nick Young are the same too. Just adding hate for Kobe and ruining the board.

The-Legend-24
08-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Kobe 5 Rings, Iverson 0 =

Kobe >>>> Iverson.

GTFO Son.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad344/SaviorSorrowX/Rampage-Deal-With-It.gif

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:52 PM
and heat116 or whatever his name is

pretty obvious.

wouldn't surprise me the ones who are praising Kobe like Nick Young are the same too. Just adding hate for Kobe and ruining the board.

You're wrong. I'm not any one of those people. Admins can check my IP if they want it..

Irish
08-20-2011, 02:52 PM
You made up some bullshit and now you're running away cuz you don' even have a legit argument.

Yes the Lakers sweeping the Nuggets was bullshit. Sorry boss. You win. 32 years old, yea thats really old Dirk just won at 32 as well you know, sorry must be more bullshit.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Kobe 5 Rings, Iverson 0 =

Kobe >>>> Iverson.

GTFO Son.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad344/SaviorSorrowX/Rampage-Deal-With-It.gif

Stupid Kobe stan is stupid. Didn't your first grade teacher teach you how to read? I clearly said that I'm not comparing their achievements. You're the living proof that evolution CAN go in reverse. Idiot..

All Net
08-20-2011, 02:55 PM
You're wrong. I'm not any one of those people. Admins can check my IP if they want it..

But why act like those morons? and I'm including those Kobe lovers saying he's better than MJ too BTW.

LBJDWADE63
08-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Yes the Lakers sweeping the Nuggets was bullshit. Sorry boss. You win. 32 years old, yea thats really old Dirk just won at 32 as well you know, sorry must be more bullshit.

Dirk >> Kobe so it's not a big deal. Dirk wins it at 32. Kobe can't. That's how much he sucks.

Deal with it.

StacksOnDeck
08-20-2011, 02:57 PM
This forum really fell off.....

GS1905
08-20-2011, 02:57 PM

WOW. This board is full of stupid people. Now you're comparing Iverson to Dirk.. Real smart. Dirk's game is all about shooting. He doesn't depend on his athleticism or his quickness like Iverson. You see where I'm going with this. Don't forget to pay your brain bill next time.

Irish
08-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Dirk >> Kobe so it's not a big deal. Dirk wins it at 32. Kobe can't. That's how much he sucks.

Deal with it.

U idiot I'm not a Lakers fan, I was thrilled when Dirk swept the Lakers. :facepalm

Irish
08-20-2011, 02:59 PM
WOW. This board is full of stupid people. Now you're comparing Iverson to Dirk.. Real smart. Dirk's game is all about shooting. He doesn't depend on his athleticism or his quickness like Iverson. You see where I'm going with this. Don't forget to pay your brain bill next time.

So you are admitting Iverson fell off at a young age. Good for you.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 03:01 PM
But why act like those morons? and I'm including those Kobe lovers saying he's better than MJ too BTW.

I'm not acting like any of those people. I'm sick of this "Let's suck Kobe's dick" party going on in this board.

I'm saying what I truly believe. Iverson was better than Kobe prime wise. I'm not talking about their achievement or how many rings they have. I'm just comparing them individually.

1. Jordan
2. Iverson

Since Wade's prime is not over I'm not taking him into consideration. I actually think Wade will be ranked higher than Iverson prime wise once his prime is over.

LBJDWADE63
08-20-2011, 03:01 PM
U idiot I'm not a Lakers fan, I was thrilled when Dirk swept the Lkaers. :facepalm

do you think i give a **** if you are a lakers fan or not? You are just an idiot.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 03:04 PM
So you are admitting Iverson fell off at a young age. Good for you.

Yes but he played 12 solid seasons. Most players with his size would fell off at a younger age. Iverson was a warrior. With all the injuries he suffered from it's a miracle that he was able to play at such a high level for 12 years.

Irish
08-20-2011, 03:05 PM
do you think i give a **** if you are a lakers fan or not? You are just an idiot.

Just an idiot, I'm disappointed you don't have better insults that that, I thought you were a half decent internet hardman, guess I thought wrong.

Irish
08-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes but he played 12 solid seasons. Most players with his size would fell off at even a younger age. Iverson was a warrior. With all the injuries he suffered from it's a miracle that he was able to play at such a high level for 12 years.

Are you comparing primes or overall contributions to the game.?

I still think Kobe 06 and 08 and Wades 09 were significantly better.

I can give you 4th best prime maybe?

All Net
08-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Just an idiot, I'm disappointed you don't have better insults that that, I thought you were a half decent internet hardman, guess I thought wrong.

Don't waste your time with these idiots, they are all the same and have the same agenda post after post.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Are you comparing primes or overall contributions to the game.?

I still think Kobe 06 and 08 and Wades 09 were significantly better.

I can give you 4th best prime maybe?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Kobe's 06 and Wade's 09 = Close but not better.
Kobe 08 = Just LOL.

NugzHeat3
08-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Iverson is not better than any of these guys.

Jordan
Bryant
Wade
West
Gervin
Drexler

The only one I can see arguable on that list is Drexler because Iverson in certain situations would do better but I think Drexler would fit on an average team better than AI would.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 03:15 PM

Jordan
Bryant
Wade
West
Gervin
Drexler

The only one I can see arguable on that list is Drexler because Iverson in certain situations would do better but I think Drexler would fit on an average team better than AI would.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh man... your idiocy is on a different level.. If we put your brain into a bird that bird would fly backwards

PowerGlove
08-20-2011, 03:22 PM

Jordan
Bryant
Wade
West
Gervin
Drexler

:facepalm

GS1905
08-20-2011, 03:30 PM

NugzHeat3
08-20-2011, 03:36 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh man... your idiocy is on a different level.. If we put your brain into a bird that bird would fly backwards
This coming from the idiot who called him the second best SG ever. Yeah real smart.

ThaSwagg3r
08-20-2011, 03:47 PM
How is he wrong? :confusedshrug:

L8k3r5
08-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Like the title says Iverson is the 2nd best SG of all time individually. I'm not talking about career achievements or anything. This is simply about who was the better player.

1. Jordan
2. Iverson

Iverson was unstoppable during his prime. He was shitting on everyone every single game. So cut this crap about Kobe being better than Iverson.

The only reason why everyone says Kobe is top10 is because he has 5 rings and he won 3 of them while riding Shaq's dick and other 2 when he was on a stacked team. He wouldn't have won shit if he wasn't playing on the Lakers. These Kobe stans need to get a life and stop overrating Kobe.

Iverson > Kobe as a player and it's not even close. Hell even Wade is better than Kobe individually.
http://images.wikia.com/bakuganrandomtalk/images/c/c8/TrollFace.png

EricForman
08-20-2011, 03:51 PM
lol at Kobe trolls being trolled by Iverson troll. hAHAHAH it's like a taste of their own medicine, Kobe trolls getting mad too.

Big#50
08-20-2011, 04:33 PM
IVERSON was even more of a shot jacker than Kobe. Peak TMAC, Wade and Kobe are all better.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm not a troll. Especially not an Iverson troll. I'm also not a fan of Lebron or Michael Jordan. My favorite player is Magic and I have nothing against Kobe. I'm just stating that Kobe is overrated as ****. That's all.

Iverson is the 2nd best SG of all time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just stupid.

ThaSwagg3r
08-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Iverson is the 2nd best SG of all time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just stupid.
It's more like anyone who thinks that is stupid.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 06:30 PM
It's more like anyone who thinks that is stupid.

Obvious Wade fan is obvious. Read what I said about Wade on previous pages.

PTB Fan
08-20-2011, 06:35 PM
That would be Jerry West, who also has a good case for the first spot too

GS1905
08-20-2011, 06:37 PM
That would be Jerry West, who also has a good case for the first spot too

I haven't watched a lot of West's games so I'm not gonna comment on this. I heard he was great but I didn't include him in my list since it would be wrong for me to judge a player that I haven't seen too much.

Doranku
08-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Good lord, how many accounts do Pauk and Heat007 have? :roll:

GS1905
08-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Good lord, how many accounts do Pauk and Heat007 have? :roll:

Stop with this shit. Get an admin to check my IP if you don't believe me.

G-Funk
08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
AI is weak...

GS1905
08-20-2011, 08:17 PM
AI is weak...

and you're an idiot. :lol :lol :lol

Eat Like A Bosh
08-20-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm surprised so many people have responded to this clown. Not even gonna bother to argue, Troll's obviously trolling to get attention and reactions.

The ignore list is a great tool for situations like this.

LBJDWADE63
08-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm surprised so many people have responded to this clown. Not even gonna bother to argue, Troll's obviously trolling to get attention and reactions.

Ignore like a bosh

GS1905
08-20-2011, 08:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4Gb6-sEJ4

bizil
08-20-2011, 08:39 PM
AI is a bonafide legend and all of that. But I can't put him as the 2nd best SG of all time on a GOAT list. AI would fall somewhere in the 5-7 range. The guys ahead of him like MJ, Kobe, West, and now Wade are awesome all around players. All four can run PG in addition to SG. Hell MJ and Kobe can play SF as well. All four are amongst the greatest defensive SG's of all time as well. AI is unique cause he was an undersized SG. So u can't expect him to be as versatile. But AI could run PG for u and was a true Batman like the other four. It's the defense and size aspects that hurt AI in comparison to the Big 4 two guards.

U also have a guy like Clyde Drexler who I would take over AI on a GOAT list for SG's. But other than the five I named, AI doesn't have to take a backseat to any SG. If u compare AI to guys around his size, only guys like Zeke, KJ, or Paul are on his level in terms of ability. I think size is what hurts him when being compared to some of the other great SG's. And a prime T-Mac in my book ONLY stands behind MJ and Kobe in terms of who are flat out the best players at the SG. But a GOAT list is different than a peak value or who u would draft type list.

FlashDwyaneWade3
08-20-2011, 09:45 PM
A lot of kids here ISH that don't know basketball.

LBJDWADE63
08-20-2011, 10:24 PM
A lot of kids here ISH that don't know basketball.

yeah so true and you are one of them.

D.J.
08-20-2011, 10:47 PM
AI was a volume scorer. 30 PPG on low shooting percentages, 25-30 shots a night at his peak, risky D, and accomplished nothing unless he had a defensively stacked team.

Vertical-24
08-20-2011, 11:12 PM
AI will be considered a legend in time and he should be treated as such but come on bro. He's definitely a top 10 #2 guard and you can even give him an argument as a top 5 but he's nowhere near the 2nd best. Not only are you putting him above Kobe but also above the likes of Clyde and Wade.

AI was a volume scorer, excellent ball-handler and could take it to the rack on big guys with ease. He was a great offensive player and a decent defender. But besides his 4 scoring titles and his MVP, what other huge accomplishment do you believe would should bolster him into the top 3 SG's of all time?

Iverson was great, no doubt about it, but better than Kobe, Wade and Clyde? No chance.

FlashDwyaneWade3
08-20-2011, 11:35 PM
yeah so true and you are one of them.
I'm one of them? Right (Sarcasm). I'm not the one making childish attacks on about players and other posters like a 14 year old. That's all you.

GS1905
08-20-2011, 11:36 PM
AI will be considered a legend in time and he should be treated as such but come on bro. He's definitely a top 10 #2 guard and you can even give him an argument as a top 5 but he's nowhere near the 2nd best. Not only are you putting him above Kobe but also above the likes of Clyde and Wade.

AI was a volume scorer, excellent ball-handler and could take it to the rack on big guys with ease. He was a great offensive player and a decent defender. But besides his 4 scoring titles and his MVP, what other huge accomplishment do you believe would should bolster him into the top 3 SG's of all time?

Iverson was great, no doubt about it, but better than Kobe, Wade and Clyde? No chance.

Read the thread. I'm not talking about their achievements here..

Jacks3
08-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Even if you ignore achievements he's still not a better player individually than Bryant.

:confusedshrug:

KingMichael23
08-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Why is the "2nd best SG" out of the NBA?

D-Wade316
08-21-2011, 02:19 AM
MJ
Wade
West
Kobe
Drexler

GTFO son

TheCorporation
08-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Dwyane Wade says Hi

bizil
08-21-2011, 05:00 AM

Well said! No doubt AI is great and legendary. But MJ, Kobe, Wade, West, and Clyde is such an elite group. U even got Gervin, Monroe, and Maravich too at SG. But AI I feel has done enough to be rated ahead of those three on a GOAT SG list. Another guy that was very scary at the SG was David Thompson. A prime DT I feel is a top 6 SG of all time in terms of a peak value type of list. He was like DWade in the 70's and 80's.

Stuckey
08-21-2011, 05:01 AM
Dwyane Wade says Hi

fckkkkkkkkkk that guy you kidding me

ughk this is getting ugly, whatevs i woke up at noon last night....

calm the fvk down

NumberSix
08-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Kobe > AI

GS1905
08-21-2011, 08:59 AM
This is what I said about West and Wade.

I haven't watched a lot of West's games so I'm not gonna comment on this. I heard he was great but I didn't include him in my list since it would be wrong for me to judge a player that I haven't seen too much.

Since Wade's prime is not over I'm not taking him into consideration. I actually think Wade will be ranked higher than Iverson prime wise once his prime is over.

I don't take them into consideration because 1)Wade's prime is not over. 2)I haven't watched enough games of West to fully judge him. That's why I don't take them into consideration while making this list.

Drexler > Iverson ? LOL. It's not even close.

1.Jordan
2.Iverson
3.Kobe
4.Drexler
5.Gervin

jrong
08-21-2011, 09:56 AM

1. Jordan
2. Iverson

AI is not even top 5. Didn't play defense or rebound, had god-awful efficiency and shooting percentage, and, in his case, his assists were only a reflection of how much he had the ball (scoring playmakers like LeBron and Wade's first instinct is to make the right basketball play, no matter what it is; Iverson's instinct was to shoot unless he absolutely had to pass). Also, he only had one notable playoff in his run career.

Jordan
Bryant
Wade
West
Drexler
Iverson (maybe)

Jacks3
08-21-2011, 09:58 AM
lol @ Wade over West.

oolalaa
08-21-2011, 10:30 AM
:no:

1. mj
2. jerry west
3. kobe bryant
4. dwyane wade
5. clyde drexler
6. sam jones
7. hal greer
8. george gervin
9. ray allen
10. reggie miller
11. allen iverson
12. bill sharman
13. gail goodrich
14. earl monroe
15. joe dumars

hm. sid moncrief, david thompson, pete maravich

he was a freakish athlete for his size and was one of the greatest slashers of all time but he was way too inefficient (and dare i say selfish) to be ranked any higher...

oolalaa
08-21-2011, 10:36 AM
lol at Kobe trolls being trolled by Iverson troll. hAHAHAH it's like a taste of their own medicine, Kobe trolls getting mad too.

:roll:

GS1905
08-21-2011, 10:57 AM
:no:

1. mj
2. jerry west
3. kobe bryant
4. dwyane wade
5. clyde drexler
6. sam jones
7. hal greer
8. george gervin
9. ray allen
10. reggie miller
11. allen iverson
12. bill sharman
13. gail goodrich
14. earl monroe
15. joe dumars

hm. sid moncrief, david thompson, pete maravich

he was a freakish athlete for his size and was one of the greatest slashers of all time but he was way too inefficient (and dare i say selfish) to be ranked any higher...

11?? LOL!! How stupid are you? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

oolalaa
08-21-2011, 11:24 AM

11?? LOL!! How stupid are you? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bigsmoke
08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Iverson over Jerry West? :lol

HylianNightmare
08-21-2011, 05:48 PM
he's at worst top 5 in my book

GS1905
08-21-2011, 05:54 PM

:facepalm :facepalm

Read the thread. I said my list doesn't include West and Wade because 1) I didn't watch West play that much 2)Wade's prime is not over.

:facepalm :facepalm

rodman91
08-21-2011, 07:18 PM
6th most ppg in season history (too bad,he was 3rd before pistons trade)
2nd most ppg in playoffs history
3rd most scoring titles
3rd most 50 point games in playoffs
MVP
:bowdown:

GS1905
08-21-2011, 08:54 PM
6th most ppg in season history (too bad,he was 3rd before pistons trade)
2nd most ppg in playoffs history
3rd most scoring titles
3rd most 50 point games in playoffs
MVP
:bowdown:

Thank you.:applause:

imlmf
08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Jordan> Wade > Iverson > Nick Young > Kobe

what are you talking about? Kobe's better than Nick Young, but you're right he's close to jordan and wade, comparable to iverson, both volume chucker that can't do much of anything else

KingBeasley08
08-21-2011, 10:01 PM
this :oldlol:

funny to read

East_Stone_Ya
08-22-2011, 05:29 AM

1. Jordan
2. Iverson

http://thejosevilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/edlover.jpg

mountainmamba
08-22-2011, 04:10 PM
if you arent talking about achievements then your talking about skill level/talent. Who would win in a one one game to 15 in their primes: AI vs. Kobe?

bizil
08-22-2011, 04:35 PM
It's hard to rank AI at times at SG. Don't get me wrong his accolades, impact on the L, and numbers dictate he's a top 5-7 GOAT SG. But the thing is u have players 6 or 7 inches taller who are highly skilled. And due to their size can play multiple positions. Some guys like MJ and Kobe can play PG, SG, and SF. There is only so much a guy 5'11 can do versatility and defense wise. So to all the AI fans out there (Im one through and through) it boils down to shit like size and versatility.

That's why I often compare AI to players at PG. Cause size wise those are the guys most similar to AI. Sure u had your PG's 6'4 and up like Magic, Big O, Payton, Kidd, and Frazier. But after them, most of the great PG's were in that 6'0 to 6'3 range. So I compare AI to guys like Isiah, Stockton, Nash, Cousy, Tiny, Paul, KJ, Timmy, Wilkens, Mark Price, etc. Even though AI saw the game like a SG, he was still more than capable of running PG. Scoring ability wise, I feel he's the best of guys his size of all time. U can also argue Isiah, Tiny, and Paul of course too. So when it comes to AI, u gotta compare him to guys his size as well as to the other great SG's. When u do that, u get a better picture of AI.

markymark
08-24-2011, 05:47 AM

Why not?

oolalaa
08-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Why not?

:facepalm do you really need this to be answered?

SunsCaptain
08-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Iverson = one of the worst players to ever chuck a basketball.

He sucked in regular season
sucked in the playoffs
Even in all-star games he suckedddd

IVERSON NEVER LEARNED HOW TO SHOOT A BASKETBALL!

HIS FG% IS DISGUSTING :banghead:

Any1 that talks about his PPG and PPG achievments is an idiot. He is a terrible shooter one of the worst chuckers the league has ever seen. He would get 33 points on 35% FG and you guys praise that? GTFO I was just scrolling through his season stats for fun and he would have 8 games in a row where he couldnt shoot over 30% but still get good PPG because HE CHUCKS. Streaks of games where he couldnt shoot over 25% Out of my memory right after a game where he got 44 points his next two games he shot 2-18 than 2-21.... IVERSON IS A JOKE.

I hate how kids these days think that you can have high ppg on a terrible fg% and be good. Im sure if there was a player who averaged 40 ppg and 30% fg all these idiots would eat him up and think hes the greatest...Only problem is this new guy like iverson would never be a winner. Because they make their team worse.

LBJFTW
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM

1. Jordan
2. Iverson

It's so funny how when people try and compare individual greatness, they start talking about how one has more rings than the other, so therefore they must be the better individual talent. :facepalm Then suddenly, Robert Horry's name get's thrown in the mix and the whole argument it thrown right out the window. Any quality poster knows that in the grand scheme of comparing 2 player's individual level of talent, # of rings doesn't mean shit because there's so many factors involved in getting a ring that overshadows individual talent. The ONLY reason why it has any relevance whatsoever is due to the fact that the greatest player to ever have the best individual talent just so happened to pull a repeat 3 peat on a team in which the sun, moon and stars were in perfect alignment, so that somehow becomes justifiable as the standard by which to measure individual talent. Not true, as Horry has more rings than Jordan and is clearly not the better talent.

Round Mound
08-24-2011, 05:34 PM
What was Iverson`s FG% Career and Play-Off? :facepalm

SunsCaptain
08-24-2011, 06:01 PM

Dont forget his crappy all-star FG% :lol

How do you do so terrible in all-star games :facepalm

D.J.
08-24-2011, 06:01 PM

42.5% for his career(shot sub 40% on 2 occasions) and 40.1% in the playoffs.

SunsCaptain
08-24-2011, 06:04 PM
42.5% for his career(shot sub 40% on 2 occasions) and 40.1% in the playoffs.

TURRIBLE.

rodman91
08-24-2011, 06:33 PM

Iverson: 42.5% , Kobe :45.4%, Jerry West: 47.4

Iverson :26.7 ppg, Kobe: 25.3 ppg , Jerry West : 27.0 ppg

FG% is weak argument since other high scoring Sgs had low FG%.

Jerry West played in 60's also.

Friday
08-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Iverson probably doesn't even think he is the 2nd best SG of all time himself so why are you trying to convince people he is?

RRR3
08-24-2011, 10:06 PM
It's so funny how when people try and compare individual greatness, they start talking about how one has more rings than the other, so therefore they must be the better individual talent. :facepalm Then suddenly, Robert Horry's name get's thrown in the mix and the whole argument it thrown right out the window. Any quality poster knows that in the grand scheme of comparing 2 player's individual level of talent, # of rings doesn't mean shit because there's so many factors involved in getting a ring that overshadows individual talent. The ONLY reason why it has any relevance whatsoever is due to the fact that the greatest player to ever have the best individual talent just so happened to pull a repeat 3 peat on a team in which the sun, moon and stars were in perfect alignment, so that somehow becomes justifiable as the standard by which to measure individual talent. Not true, as Horry has more rings than Jordan and is clearly not the better talent.
:cheers:

GS1905
08-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Iverson probably doesn't even think he is the 2nd best SG of all time himself so why are you trying to convince people he is?

Because he is, idiot.:facepalm

RRR3
08-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Because he is, idiot.:facepalm
Kobe>Iverson. Wade>Iverson. West (if you count him as SG)>Iverson. GTFO

GS1905
08-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Kobe>Iverson. Wade>Iverson. West (if you count him as SG)>Iverson. GTFO

Iverson's peak shits on both Kobe's and Wade's peak.

RRR3
08-24-2011, 10:44 PM

Iverson's peak shits on both Kobe's and Wade's peak.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GS1905
08-24-2011, 11:04 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Iverson > Kobe + Wade

Iverson would still shit on them even if Kobe and Wade teamed up.

rodman91
08-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Iverson > Kobe + Wade

Iverson would still shit on them even if Kobe and Wade teamed up.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lofhkg6Vf71qdgcb8.gif

TennesseeFan
08-24-2011, 11:10 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51UptAv9l-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This forum has
Taken its toll on me
He said AI
Is better than Kobe-e-e-e-e-e-e
This troll is
Neglected by family
And I had no choice
Cuz I won't read this shit anymore
Ooh whoa oh
Ooh whoa oh
Ooh whoa ooo whoa whoa

GS1905
08-24-2011, 11:19 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51UptAv9l-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This forum has
Taken its toll on me
He said AI
Is better than Kobe-e-e-e-e-e-e
This troll is
Neglected by family
And I had no choice
Cuz I won't read this shit anymore
Ooh whoa oh
Ooh whoa oh
Ooh whoa ooo whoa whoa

Yes. By a mile.

ballerz
08-24-2011, 11:22 PM
West, Wade And Kobe are all better then iverson. iverson was nothing but an inefficient chucker who is washed up now

T.O.RapsJays
08-25-2011, 01:16 AM
The NBA Lockout:
It does crazy things to people. It makes stupid people more stupid.

Teanett
08-25-2011, 06:36 AM
i have no problem with someone saying:
prime a.i. is better than prime kobe.

allen iverson was a fukken beast, kobe bryant was a fukken beast.
pick whoever you feel was better, no need for hate.