PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant has GOAT potential

GS1905
08-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Dude is only 22 and has 2 scoring titles. Lead his team to the WCF and played great against the MAVS. I have no doubt he will win many titles with the OKC in the upcoming years.

GOAT potential. Otherwise will be a top5 player at LEAST.

crosso√er
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Not multi-dimensional enough to even be considered. You can't surpass KAJ or Jordan if you aren't a prolific defender or a great passer. I don't ever see Duran being considered the greatest scorer (being #1 on an All-Time scoring list does not mean he's the best). No one considers Karl the greatest scorer of All-Time; most consider Jordan that despite him being behind KAJ & Karl. Longevity is taken into perspective by intelligent basketball fans.

Durant will not even be top fifteen; unless he improves his game in aspects he simply doesn't compare to other greats.

Mr. Jabbar
08-22-2011, 05:35 PM
lol

TheLogo
08-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Dude is only 22 and has 2 scoring titles. Lead his team to the WCF and played great against the MAVS. I have no doubt he will win many titles with the OKC in the upcoming years.

GOAT potential. Otherwise will be a top5 player at LEAST.

He needs to more versatile when it comes to scoring because he will not pass guys like Kareem, Jordan and Kobe with his play.

Also, he needs to play defense if he is going to pass those guys as a GOAT.

GS1905
08-22-2011, 05:40 PM
His defense will get better for sure in the future.

All Net
08-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Not multi-dimensional enough to even be considered. You can't surpass KAJ or Jordan if you aren't a prolific defender or a great passer. I don't ever see Duran being considered the greatest scorer (being #1 on an All-Time scoring list does not mean he's the best). No one considers Karl the greatest scorer of All-Time; most consider Jordan that despite him being behind KAJ & Karl. Longevity is taken into perspective by intelligent basketball fans.

Durant will not even be top fifteen; unless he improves his game in aspects he simply doesn't compare to other greats.
Pretty much

Dude has many areas in his game to improve to get anywhere close.

GiveItToBurrito
08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
No, he lacks the court vision to be a true GOAT contender. All of the guys in that category had phenomenal passing ability (Bird, MJ, even to an extent Shaq as a big man), especially for their position. Durant could be an all time great, but he'll always be at best a Dirk or Dr. J level player, which isn't exactly bad.

RRR3
08-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, Magic,(hell even LeBron, Wade, etc.) were already farther along than Durant at the point Durant is in his NBA career.

Big#50
08-22-2011, 08:21 PM
All time leading scorer, maybe.
GOAT status to me has to be a two way player. Elite defense and elite offense.

Clutch
08-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Kevin Durant has GOAT potential
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/michael-jordan-lol.gif

alenleomessi
08-23-2011, 09:25 AM
IMO durant, griffin and rose have a good chance to end up top 25 of all time

ScarSymmetry
08-23-2011, 09:43 AM
I can't even decide what was worse, the original post, or the first reply. Honestly, can someone please make a thread that is worth reading past the first/second post....

Story Up
08-23-2011, 10:42 AM
I can't even decide what was worse, the original post, or the first reply. Honestly, can someone please make a thread that is worth reading past the first/second post....
What was wrong with the 1st reply?
Wht don't you actually contribute something instead of running your mouth.

Samurai Swoosh
08-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Umm, no he doesn't. Not even close, really. Right now he's George Gervin 2.0. Hasn't added ANYTHING to his game in 4 or 5 seasons. Now, that doesn't mean he isn't an elite player. He's just not even as good as T-Mac from 2001 - 2006, and McGrady never played with the caliber team the OKC Thunder have had the past 2 season.

I mean given he is a 4 or 5 year vet, at the SF position. With LeBron on the massive physical decline, he should've already supplanted LeBron as best SF or best player in the league last season, and he wasn't even close. So if he's not even close to being the best player in the game, how can he even be remotely close to GOAT status?

Jordan is GOAT and he was a top five player in the league from his rookie year onwards. That's what you have to be career resume wise to be GOAT caliber.

LeBron was top 5-ish by his second season in 2005, just for comparison sakes.

tgan3
02-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Bumps thread...yes kd has goat potential as he is already surpassing lebron this season

retaxis
02-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Bumps thread...yes kd has goat potential as he is already surpassing lebron this season
Malone and Barkley surpassed MJ and earned the MVP award too. Were they better then MJ? Steve Nash also took one of 'prime' Lebron/Kobe's seasons..Is Nash also better then Lebron or Kobe? How about Rose?

Let that sink in for a bit before you get your panties in a twist and start talkinga bout how great durant is. Like they say on ESPN: "I don't care what Lebron does in December, January, February or April...I only want to see how he performs in May and June. Can the same be said for Durant? No because he doesn't even have an MVP yet.

Crafty
02-01-2014, 10:03 AM
lol
Nice bump.

NumberSix
02-01-2014, 10:44 AM
How hilarious will it be when Deuxrant hits his annual post-ASG-slump and LeBron hits his annual post-ASG-burst and LeBron takes the MVP back?

Warfan
02-01-2014, 11:24 AM
God damn its gonna be hilarious if the thunder don't even make the finals this year

SexSymbol
02-01-2014, 11:28 AM
He has potential to be top 10

Locked_Up_Tonight
02-01-2014, 12:11 PM
The only way for him to even be in the same room with a GOAT conversation taking place is if he has at least 1 ring on his finger.

With the way he and the Thunder are playing this year, it looks like it will happen this year.