PDA

View Full Version : Lets be forreal, Manute Bol sucked ass

purplch0de
08-23-2011, 10:59 PM
He was the luke walton of the Center position. Lets just say Brian Cook had more skill than this guy and put up better numbers... yeah that bad.

purplch0de
08-23-2011, 11:09 PM
http://images.checkoutmycards.com/zoom-back/99b55326-a7d6-415a-984a-ffa618a39171.jpg

:facepalm this giraff was 7'7''

LastEpisode
08-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Sure no prob..

Pointguard
08-23-2011, 11:21 PM
He was the luke walton of the Center position. Lets just say Brian Cook had more skill than this guy and put up better numbers... yeah that bad.

Manute Bol lead a major NBA stat twice. Very few people on the planet can say that. Plus he sacrificed his life to help people and is the model of how an athlete can be effective in using his weight to change things.

Your post is uncool and you should ask the moderaters to close it.

purplch0de
08-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Manute Bol lead a major NBA stat twice. Very few people on the planet can say that. Plus he sacrificed his life to help people and is the model of how an athlete can be effective in using his weight to change things.

Your post is uncool and you should ask the moderaters to close it.

You think my post is uncool because i think he sucks or because he's dead? I never mentioned any of his humanitarian shit, hell even deke' has done a lot... so what. That doesn't make him a better player, just a better humanitarian. Fact is, this tall toothpick was shit. For being 7'7'' he should've averaged more rebounds than kwame brown. If you ask me, he was a bigger bust than kwame.

HB40TheNextStar
08-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Forreal? Explain to me this "word".

purplch0de
08-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Forreal? Explain to me this "word".

Off topic

Pointguard
08-23-2011, 11:54 PM
You think my post is uncool because i think he sucks or because he's dead? I never mentioned any of his humanitarian shit, hell even deke' has done a lot... so what. That doesn't make him a better player, just a better humanitarian. Fact is, this tall toothpick was shit. For being 7'7'' he should've averaged more rebounds than kwame brown. If you ask me, he was a bigger bust than kwame.

So Yao should have lead the league in rebounds? Tall skinny guys rarely lead the league in rebounds. What do you know about Bol? They rarely have basketball courts where he is from. The fact that he made it is crazy! You have way more access to the NBA than he did and he made it. He wasn't taught how to play ball but he made it. He was a 5th round pick in 83 and you call him a bust? Do you know what the word means?

When somebody sacrifices himself for others you should respect that. If you don't respect others you are going to be dissed everywhere you go. Its going to happen even on these boards. If that's the way you want to carry yourself, go on. When people think you are dumb and disrespectful you are going to have it hard.

TennesseeFan
08-24-2011, 12:03 AM
No dude, he is the GOAT mmmm watcha say? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0H57JeQYN4)

DJ Leon Smith
08-24-2011, 04:00 AM
If you ask me, he was a bigger bust than kwame.

He was a second-round draft pick. Do you know what bust means?

Probably not, because you're the MVP of retards and right now on insidehoops it's far from a weak era when it comes to retards. Congratulations!

monkeypox
08-24-2011, 04:49 AM
I thought he still held the NBA record for blocked shots.

therammingman
08-24-2011, 04:52 AM
GTFO. he was blocks leader and a knock down 3 pt shooter...

dude revolutionized the game

QuebecBaller
08-24-2011, 05:51 AM

Probably not, because you're the MVP of retards and right now on insidehoops it's far from a weak era when it comes to retards. Congratulations!

:lol :lol :lol

JtotheIzzo
08-24-2011, 06:09 AM

I LOL'd at that...anyone with a brain knows Manute Bol was only in the NBA because he was 7'7", it is not like he grew up with the game, he actually did quite well getting minutes and making his presence felt (blocks, intimidation etc...). This further cements the OP as someone not in the know when it comes to basketball, and that is a pity, because he puts a lot of time into this forum and keeps coming up short.

Collie
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM

Close race between OP and Nick Young. GOAT era indeed.

DJ Leon Smith
08-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Yo purplch0de where you at son. Jeff is about to IP ban you, don't you want some last words before you go?

Nope, because you're a small balls ******. Have a nice life my friend!

BigBalla44
08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Yo purplch0de where you at son. Jeff is about to IP ban you, don't you want some last words before you go?

In honor of purplch0de's IP ban, I present him a gift

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/3ytzdCRgLolhz8ObuYzaLw581260/GW270H15930
http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/3ytzdCRgLolhz8ObuYzaLw581260/GW270H15930

purplch0de
08-24-2011, 04:46 PM
My threads are quality. My arguments are supported with facts. There is a difference between myself (THE GOAT) versus trolls that make threads about the way someone runs (BTW, Chris bosh does run like a retarded giraff). With that said, Jeff will not ban me...

I set trends you swollow

difference is knowledge

ch0deout

purplch0de
09-19-2011, 10:51 PM

wassup dil-do

Still swollowin like manute?

Bosnian Sajo
09-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Other than being tall I agree with you, he really didn't have any skill..whatsoever. Lemme tell you, I could lead the NBA in blocks as well if I was 7'7 :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
09-20-2011, 02:04 AM
No, he did not suck. Great presence in the paint.

He had range too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiox8m_Nk3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJxXi_AUN6w&feature=related

Eric Cartman
09-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Close race between OP and Nick Young. GOAT era indeed.

That Nick Young guy does it 4 the shit & giggles. I think the OP (who is a ***) is super cereal.

bdreason
09-20-2011, 02:33 AM
Other than being tall I agree with you, he really didn't have any skill..whatsoever. Lemme tell you, I could lead the NBA in blocks as well if I was 7'7 :oldlol:

There are plenty of 7'7" guys who are not in the NBA. Most guys that size have trouble just living. Manute was a freak of nature, and a great shotblocker. And he didn't block shots like kids do today, he kept them in play, and got his team possession.

purplch0de
09-20-2011, 03:07 AM
No, he did not suck. Great presence in the paint.

He had range too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiox8m_Nk3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJxXi_AUN6w&feature=related

his range was similar to his lifespan, very underachieving.

millwad
09-20-2011, 03:13 AM
his range was similar to his lifespan, very underachieving.

Why do you have to be so rude? The guy's dead, give him a rest..

gigantes
09-20-2011, 02:27 PM
manute was painfully, dreadfully thin. even standing next to shawn bradley, he looked skeletal. i'm amazed that manute didn't have a series of horrible injuries playing against the brutish PF's and C's. guys who could pretty-much break him in half if they wanted to.

OP, you keep bitching about his rebounding, but can you imagine trying to rebound with pure height and almost zero ability to jump or to clear out space & hold position? personally i think it would be a nightmare assignment.

regardless, manute did the best he could as a scrawny latecomer to basketball... displaying a great sense of humor about it all. the exchanges between him and barkley are classic. regardless, he was one of the most interesting figures in bball i've ever seen. impossible to take your eyes off him, just to see what he'd do next.

i feel sorry for you, OP, that you can't seem to enjoy the many unique things that manute brought to the game.

MiseryCityTexas
09-20-2011, 02:51 PM
manute would have been a great player if he would have had better offensive awareness.

BigNBAfan
05-31-2015, 06:19 AM
lol @ 'sucked ass'

wakencdukest
05-31-2015, 11:23 AM
He was a great warrior, once killed a sleeping lion with a spear.

rhowen4
05-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Anyone have any good manute bol videos?

Spurs5Rings2014
05-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Jeff will not ban me...

:roll:

MEB2kDeez
05-31-2015, 12:52 PM
I thought everyone knew this already