PDA

View Full Version : How did you feel the moment you saw this shot going in?

DMV2
08-27-2011, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mT99HCFFI

I'll be honest, when I saw that shot going in I felt as if one of my ribs somehow arched up and stab me in the heart. My heart sunk, and I was devastated.

It wasn't because the Celtics were a minute away from losing the series but it was a minute away from Kobe Bryant being carried by a teammate to another championship ring.

I used to be a Ron Artest fan(even when he is in a Lakers uniform) but that shot alone turned me against him.

Rose
08-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Does this seal up his Finals MVP?

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Felt good seeing Kobe get an assist

Kurosawa0
08-27-2011, 12:34 PM
It was a little disappointing because the Celtics were the better team, but it was also really funny because it took the craziest guy in the league to bring that game home. You could see everyone else on both sides were shaken by the enormity of it all.

DMV2
08-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Does this seal up his Finals MVP?
For Ron-ron? No. That was his only good game in the series.

This series was more than just a championship ring, man. It meant a lot to Kobe stans and haters, and the outcome was sickening for fans like myself. I bet we were more heartbroken than Celtic fans.

DMV2
08-27-2011, 12:37 PM
It was a little disappointing because the Celtics were the better team, but it was also really funny because it took the craziest guy in the league to bring that game home. You could see everyone else on both sides were shaken by the enormity of it all.
You can see Kobe cringing as soon as I saw Artest jumping to take a shot. :lol

L8k3r5
08-27-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mT99HCFFI

I'll be honest, when I saw that shot going in I felt as if one of my ribs somehow arched up and stab me in the heart. My heart sunk, and I was devastated.

It wasn't because the Celtics were a minute away from losing the series but it was a minute away from Kobe Bryant being carried by a teammate to another championship ring.

I used to be a Ron Artest fan(even when he is in a Lakers uniform) but that shot alone turned me against him.
To me I felt relieved he made that shot. Ron is not a consistent 3 point shooter so If he missed it probably would have been expected. But when he made that 3 I jumped in the air looking for someone to high five with.

All Net
08-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Not really

Lakers controlled the game mid way through the 3rd and took it home. once they got the lead you knew they would take it home. Kobe's two jumpers in the last 5 minutes were key.

SpecialQue
08-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Felt awesome knowing that Kobe was gonna have one more ring than Shaq. And that the Celtics were going to lose.

Also, Ron's my favorite current player. Everything about it was great.

All Net
08-27-2011, 12:42 PM

This series was more than just a championship ring, man. It meant a lot to Kobe stans and haters, and the outcome was sickening for fans like myself. I bet we were more heartbroken than Celtic fans.

You know how sad and stupid that is?

Kurosawa0
08-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Not really

Lakers controlled the game mid way through the 3rd and took it home. once they got the lead you knew they would take it home. Kobe's two jumpers in the last 5 minutes were key.

If Artest misses that shot the Lakers' lead would've been three with Boston having the ball and 1 minute left. It could've easily went the other way. Artest's shot was THE shot of that game.

DMV2
08-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Honestly, the better team did win but they should have stomped the Celtics in 5 or 6 instead of getting it go to 7 games.

I think it was Game 4 in Boston that LA could have easily taken a 3-1 lead but they somehow let Big Baby and Robinson take over, allowing Boston to win that game.

L8k3r5
08-27-2011, 12:47 PM
If Artest misses that shot the Lakers' lead would've been three with Boston having the ball and 1 minute left. It could've easily went the other way. Artest's shot was THE shot of that game.
Could have been, but don't discount Sasha's 2 free throws. Those were key as well.

Kurosawa0
08-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Could have been, but don't discount Sasha's 2 free throws. Those were key as well.

After Artest hit that shot it went from a toss-up game to Boston needing almost a miracle. They almost got it too with Rondo hitting the three and then almost stealing the ball from Kobe.

DMV2
08-27-2011, 12:50 PM
You know how sad and stupid that is?
Ever hate somebody so much that it becomes numb? That's how I feel about Kobe Bryant.

DMV2
08-27-2011, 12:51 PM
After Artest hit that shot it went from a toss-up game to Boston needing almost a miracle. They almost got it too with Rondo hitting the three and then almost stealing the ball from Kobe.
Sheed also hit a 3 too. But yeah, that 6-point difference was huge.

L8k3r5
08-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Ever hate somebody so much that it becomes numb? That's how I feel about Kobe Bryant.
Damn hating someone takes too much energy. Why the hate?

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-27-2011, 12:52 PM

That's how insidehoops feels about DeronMillsap :D

DMV2
08-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Damn hating someone takes too much energy. Why the hate?
It doesn't anymore, that's why my hatred for him is just numb now. I'm chilled out about it but back in the early 2000's, the hate was very deep.

Kurosawa0
08-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Sheed also hit a 3 too. But yeah, that 6-point difference was huge.

Well, it went from "Which team is going to win?" to "The Lakers are going to win."

CeltsGarlic
08-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Awful, I remembering I was watching it 6 o'clock at night and after 3 hours I was having an exam.Couldnt sleep, because of that shit,

DMV2
08-27-2011, 12:59 PM
That's how insidehoops feels about DeronMillsap :D
I thought he was one of the best posters on ISH. I think people were just scared of his strange sexual fantasies.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-27-2011, 01:01 PM
I thought he was one of the best posters on ISH. I think people were just scared of his strange sexual fantasies.

Can't argue there

Rose
08-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Yes way. Guess who led the team in basically every stat at half?

Plus he played the best defense in the series, against the C's best offensive player. He showed up the most in the game that mattered the most. And that's why he should have won finals MVP.

DMV2
08-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Yes way. Guess who led the team in basically every stat at half?

Plus he played the best defense in the series, against the C's best offensive player. He showed up the most in the game that mattered the most. And that's why he should have won finals MVP.
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I was certain Gasol was runner-up at FMVP.

I knew his defense was amazing on PP. I jsut don't recall his offense or anything else to be MVP-caliber.

L8k3r5
08-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Don't forget Bruce Blitz I'm pretty sure everyone on this site doesn't even wanna mention his name:lol

Rose
08-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I was certain Gasol was runner-up at FMVP.

I knew his defense was amazing on PP. I jsut don't recall his offense or anything else to be MVP-caliber.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201006170LAL.html

Yeah his scoring kept them in the game. (for once) Then Pau/Kobe started getting all the rebounds. Overall, I think Pau played the best in the entire series. But Artest was the best player in that game.

Also I just noticed Pau had 9 offensive rebounds that game. Impressive.

DMV2
08-27-2011, 01:31 PM
I meant the series. I knew Artest's Game 7 was superb, defensively and offensively. He got most of his points in 1st half and then some in the 4th Q.

Game 7, he was the MVP.

DMV2
08-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Haven't heard much from Boston fans.

Jacks3
08-27-2011, 07:51 PM
lol @ Artest or Pau getting Finals MVP. ****ing idiots.

Jacks3
08-27-2011, 07:52 PM
[was a minute away from Kobe Bryant being carried by a teammate to another championship ring.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

thatoneblackguy
08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
I jumped up in joy

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-27-2011, 08:01 PM

All that carrying Pau did must have taken its tole. Dirk made him cry for his bitch.

west
08-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Devastated, heart broken....i kept telling myself it's not over yet but.....:cry:

SourGrapes
08-27-2011, 11:27 PM

whoops!

kaiiu
08-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I wanted the Lakers to lose, I was salty as fvck.

LeFraud James
08-27-2011, 11:35 PM

Good to know that Kobe's dominance is the thorn that's been in your side for the past decade.

Now at least we can justify your pathetic posts. :cheers:

clowns like you are a disgrace to bball fans

Heavincent
08-27-2011, 11:53 PM
lol at anyone that thinks Kobe didn't deserve the FMVP.

The_Yearning
08-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Not really

They started to take "control" when the refs started calling everything in favor of LA.

G-Funk
08-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Felt great, shut all the haters up who said Artest was a downgrade from Ariza! suck on that!

Hittin_Shots
08-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Like punching babies.

All Net
08-28-2011, 02:26 AM
They started to take "control" when the refs started calling everything in favor of LA.

That is a complete myth

Lakers got calls because they attacked the offensive glass hard.

All Net
08-28-2011, 02:28 AM

Somebody I don't even know that plays the sport that I love? certainly not.

There are players I root against but never to a point where I hate their guts. Seems stupid.

Friday
08-28-2011, 04:25 AM
Salty. I don't hate the Lakers but I really wanted the Celtics to win.

Quizno
08-28-2011, 05:18 AM
awesome. had graduation ceremony earlier that day, whole family and a bunch of friends were at my house celebrating, giant party, all watched the game together, then went to disneyland for grad night immediately after the game. honestly one of the best nights of my life, thank you artest :bowdown:

G-Funk
08-28-2011, 05:35 AM
awesome. had graduation ceremony earlier that day, whole family and a bunch of friends were at my house celebrating, giant party, all watched the game together, then went to disneyland for grad night immediately after the game. honestly one of the best nights of my life, thank you artest :bowdown:
did u get laid...if u did that would be hard to top as 1 of the greatest nights a young man can have

The_Yearning
08-28-2011, 09:05 AM
That is a complete myth

:roll:

90% of the people here either did not see the entire game in it's complete entirety, recall very little of it, or watched through highlights and reading fabricated posts like yours

:roll:

Eat Like A Bosh
08-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Like it or not, he was still the best player in the entire series, and there were talks about Kobe winning the MVP despite the Lakers losing. Is this really haunting you for a lifetime OP? :oldlol: You taking things way too seriously.

For the OP, Kobe Bryant > You

When I first saw Ron take the shot, I was like "No, Ron don't shoot, nooooooo....", but then I just jumped up in joy after he hit it, "Holy ****!!!!"

Eat Like A Bosh
08-28-2011, 12:47 PM
That is a complete myth

Exactly.

Trolls today are always talking about about how Kobe Bryant didn

asdf1990
08-28-2011, 12:49 PM
I was shocked. It was a rare moment in NBA history kobe passed the ball instead of chucking a brick.

RRR3
08-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I was shocked. It was a rare moment in NBA history kobe passed the ball instead of chucking a brick.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :banana: :banana:

DMV2
08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Like it or not, he was still the best player in the entire series, and there were talks about Kobe winning the MVP despite the Lakers losing. Is this really haunting you for a lifetime OP? :oldlol: You taking things way too seriously.

When I first saw Ron take the shot, I was like "No, Ron don't shoot, nooooooo....", but then I just jumped up in joy after he hit it, "Holy ****!!!!"
I don't get the point of this post. Just because I despise your favorite player you didn't have to attack me like that.

Yes, Kobe Bean Bryant has a better lifestyle than I have. An ordinary citizen like myself or you would have not gotten away with rape if we were in his situation in 2003.

L8k3r5
08-28-2011, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Eat Like A Bosh]Exactly.

Eat Like A Bosh
08-28-2011, 10:03 PM
The main forum is pretty troll infested right now, hopefully it gets better once school starts, maybe these kids will go away.

I don't get the point of this post. Just because I despise your favorite player you didn't have to attack me like that.

Yes, Kobe Bean Bryant has a better lifestyle than I have. An ordinary citizen like myself or you would have not gotten away with rape if we were in his situation in 2003.
You want to bring up the rape case again? OK then.

1. In this country you are innocent until proven guilty.
2. She changed her story three times.
3. Her panties were soiled by another man's sperm.
4. She bragged about sleeping with Kobe Bryant to friends at a party.
5. She refused to testify, this was after she changed her story for the last time.
6. Her behavior is not that of a rape victim. If you study rape cases and behavioral patterns of women who were raped, you will see no matching patterns.
7. Her behavior matches well with that of a extortionist.
8. Seriously, who is actually happy after getting raped?

This does not prove that he is innocent but they probably had s.e.x, not that he raped her. No one knows but Kobe, that woman, and God. I'll choose to rely on the good hard proof, and that tells me that the person who is likely the liar is her.... not Kobe.

Case Closed.

Jacks3
08-28-2011, 10:06 PM
5 rings bitch.

KingBeasley08
08-28-2011, 10:06 PM
kobes gottin way to lucky in his career. fisher and artest make all the clutch shots for him :oldlol:

Jacks3
08-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Haters so mad. :oldlol:

5 rings mother****ers! :roll:

KingBeasley08
08-28-2011, 10:10 PM
The main forum is pretty troll infested right now, hopefully it gets better once school starts, maybe these kids will go away.

5. She refused to testify, this was after she changed her story for the last time.
6. Her behavior is not that of a rape victim. If you study rape cases and behavioral patterns of women who were raped, you will see no matching patterns.

This does not prove that he is innocent but they probably had s.e.x, not that he raped her. No one knows but Kobe, that woman, and God. I'll choose to rely on the good hard proof, and that tells me that the person who is likely the liar is her.... not Kobe.

Case Closed.
u mad?? :lol :lol :lol

kobe's married to vanessa brah. he cant have u. im sorry :oldlol:

DMV2
08-28-2011, 10:11 PM

Case Closed.
LMAO
Why are you defending him like he's your own son?

You said I took this shit too serious, maybe you should take your own advice. :lol

Unstoppabull
08-28-2011, 10:14 PM
I felt nothing because I wasn't watching

Eat Like A Bosh
08-28-2011, 10:17 PM
LMAO
Why are you defending him like he's your own son?

You said I took this shit too serious, maybe you should take your own advice. :lol
My son? :oldlol: No, it's just pathetic people like you constantly bring up shit like this on these boards, you just can't say anything intelligent, Can you?

If you're done playing games, may as well let this thread die.

chips93
08-28-2011, 10:24 PM
the lakers got calls because they attacked the basket, and he celtics committed a few silly fouls. rivers didnt trust his bench, and because of its, his starters were gassed by the end, and didnt have the energy that the lakers had.

this, except the exact opposite. i was so relieved to see him shoot the ball, then it felt like a kick in the nuts when it went in.

afterwards when he gave his interview at the press box, i felt good for him.

Heat1011
08-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Ron Ron did a good thing, he carried Kobe to another title when he was choking as usual

guy
08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Why make such a double standard for Kobe?
We knit pick out Kobe''s 6-24 Game 7, but we don't talk about Chris Bosh's 1-18 against Chicago? LeBron's horrible game in Houston with no assists? LeBron's 15 point game 5 against Boston on 3-14 shooting? Dwyane Wade's 2-12 game against Boston? Derrick Rose's 5-21 game against Atlanta? etc.....

What? Those first 2 games you're talking about are regular season games. Lebron's game 5 against Boston gets way more hate then Kobe's game and rightfully so cause at least Kobe was trying. Wade and Roses' games weren't in a game 7, weren't in the Finals, and were not in such a close series. And in Rose's case, he's still only 22. Let him have these type of games when he's like 27 and he will get a ton of criticism.

We nitpick Kobe's game 7 cause it was in game 7 of the NBA Finals, a game that happens like once or twice a decade. Not to mention Kobe has been a player that has arguably been overrated as a big-game/clutch player thats been considered that much better then his peers. I remember the hype around game 7 and alot of people were picking the Lakers and the common reason was "they have Kobe Bryant." He dropped a dud relative to the expectations for someone like him. I also remember people underrating Gasol, and especially hating on Fisher and Artest all season long, but it was Gasol and Artest who came up bigger then Kobe, and all 3 of them that hit bigger shots.

DCL
08-29-2011, 01:11 PM
looking back, that was a big shot, but i dont even remember that shot.

i just remember the celtics collectively melting down.

The Iron Fist
08-29-2011, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Eat Like A Bosh]Exactly.

Crown&Coke
08-29-2011, 02:20 PM
First I was like "NO, NO, NOOOOOO!!!"

Then I was like "YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!! FU BOSTON!!"

I almost had a cardiac infarcation or whatever its called

d.bball.guy
08-29-2011, 02:28 PM
I was at school when the game was on but I watched the replay and tears of joy came out.

Lucifer
08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Fukin amazing.

LBJFTW
08-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Watching that shot was almost as good as watching him beating the hell out of those drunk Pacer fans. Either way it was a great clutch shot.

sagr32
08-29-2011, 07:22 PM
First I was like "NO, NO, NOOOOOO!!!"

Then I was like "YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!! FU BOSTON!!"

I almost had a cardiac infarcation or whatever its called
This
I'm pretty sure just about every Laker fan felt just like that.

DMV2
09-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Watching that shot was almost as good as watching him beating the hell out of those drunk Pacer fans. Either way it was a great clutch shot.
I think you meant Piston fans...he was playing for the Pacers though so I see the error.

GreatGreg
09-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Absolutely disgusted. It was another summer Laker trolls got the forum to themselves and shove it in everyone's faces. I wanted them to lose like crazy.

Jacks3
09-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Clowns talking about how Kobe was "bailed out" when he had like 32/10/8/2/1/55% TS in that game. Hilarious. God these clowns are pathetic.

RRR3
09-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Absolutely disgusted. It was another summer Laker trolls got the forum to themselves and shove it in everyone's faces. I wanted them to lose like crazy.
Based off of this past postseason, apparently they will troll even if Kobe loses as long as LeBron loses too. Wonder what they'll do when the Heat win? Pick some other guy to hate I suppose.

ThemBombs
09-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Clowns talking about how Kobe was "bailed out" when he had like 32/10/8/2/1/55% TS in that game. Hilarious. God these clowns are pathetic.
6/24 is 55%? shut up, you ****in retard.

RRR3
09-15-2011, 08:28 PM

6-24 (0-6 from three). Yeah he was legendary that game. :roll:

DMV2
09-15-2011, 08:31 PM
He even shortchanged Kobe's rebounding numbers.

G-train
09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
It was a big shot, but I was kind of surprised the Lakers didn't win the game more convincingly with the Celtics injury problems.

Jacks3
09-15-2011, 09:05 PM
lol @ this piece of shit ****ing *******. :roll:

RRR3
09-15-2011, 09:05 PM
lol @ this piece of shit ****ing *******. :roll:
U mad Kobe choked?

Jacks3
09-15-2011, 09:07 PM
. Yeah he was legendary that game. :roll:
23 pts/15 rebounds/3 asts/2 stls. 10 pts on 60% TS in the 4th. Made big play after big play down the stretch. Best player on the floor. Lead the Lakers to their 5th ring.

Damn. Haters--u sad?:oldlol:

RRR3
09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
23 pts/15 rebounds/3 asts/2 stls. 10 pts on 60% TS in the 4th. Made big play after big play down the stretch. Best player on the floor. Lead the Lakers to their 5th ring.

Damn. Haters--u sad?:oldlol:
25 percent shooting. Nearly shot his team out of the game. You going to admit you posted completely wrong stats and flat-out lied a few posts ago? Admit it. You said he scored 32 pts on 55 TS% or some bs.

Jacks3
09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
U mad Kobe choked?
10 pts/60% TS in the 4th. Huge play after huge play down the stretch.

Adds that 5th ring. U mad?

RazorBaLade
09-15-2011, 10:39 PM
I feel like I'm watching it happen right before my eyes.

RR3 getting pissed off from someone thats clearly screwing around, RR3 then goes to post in another thread to vent on Kobe instead of this one kobe fan whos clearly screwing around, I reply calling him a kobe hater. Thats how haters are born, right here.

G-train
09-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Kobe did almost lose them the game with terrible shooting, but inevitably he played well in the 4th so it doesnt matter much.

SpecialQue
09-15-2011, 11:19 PM
U mad Kobe choked?

Why would he be mad when the Lakers won, got another championship, and Kobe got finals MVP?

It's not choking when your team wins.

Big#50
09-15-2011, 11:28 PM

Who is this guy? He sounds like he is PMS'ing.

DMV2
09-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Who is this guy? He sounds like he is PMS'ing.
I'm DMills and I get emotional sometimes, my man, especially on the subject of one Kobe Bean Bryant.

Rest assured that I am trying my best to let go of this hate. It ain't easy though, you know it's like breaking up with a girl you've been with for years. I've been hatin' on Kobe for about 10 years now and it's hard to let it go.

SuperPippen
09-16-2011, 12:13 AM
I feel like I'm watching it happen right before my eyes.

RR3 getting pissed off from someone thats clearly screwing around, RR3 then goes to post in another thread to vent on Kobe instead of this one kobe fan whos clearly screwing around, I reply calling him a kobe hater. Thats how haters are born, right here.

Not so sure Jacks3 is screwing around, though.

The guy might actually be that much of an asinine, sickening Kobe homer.

Ironic, considering he loves calling anyone who believes Jordan > Kobe a "Jordan dick-rider" and saying "U mad," or some juvenile shit like that, and yet he's one of the angriest, most pathetic Kobe trolls on this board.

Especially when he says shit like, "*** you you ****ing clown:roll: "

Jacks3
09-16-2011, 12:30 AM
I see SuperPippen still complaining like a little bitch.

Dwade305
09-16-2011, 01:14 AM
I see Jacks doing his routine Kobe d*ck slurping. Making sure no one is messing with his man on ISH! Way to go champ

boozehound
09-16-2011, 01:31 AM
terrible d by pierce. totally distracted

Jacks3
09-16-2011, 01:41 AM
I see Jacks doing his routine Kobe d*ck slurping. Making sure no one is messing with his man on ISH! Way to go champ
U :mad: that Kobe>Wade?:confusedshrug:

NuggetsFan
09-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Felt good seeing Kobe get an assist

And this is why the assist statistic is massively overrated. Pierce never left Artest. Kobe didn't break down the D or anything. Artest wasn't even that open. Simple pass that get's rewarded with an assist. Through out a full season plays like that happen soooo much. Even worse somebody will dump the ball down and guy will shoot a turnaround J.

Assist statistic sucks.

All Net
09-16-2011, 05:00 AM
U mad Kobe choked?

Choked would imply him losing Lakers the game and the championship.