PDA

View Full Version : Do you think time travel will be possible someday?

talkingconch
08-29-2011, 03:23 AM
I don't want to get into the scientific explanations, unless someone wants to.

but

Do you think one day we will be able to travel into the future or past?
How epic would this be and what are your guys' thoughts on this?

miller-time
08-29-2011, 03:30 AM
future is more realistic since in principle we can already do it. you just need to travel near the speed of light.

Reef
08-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Not the past.

Myth
08-29-2011, 03:33 AM
I don't know if traveling in time will be possible. But seeing back in time is possible. When you look at a star, you are looking at the light it produced a long time ago. The same would be true if we could get people or a telescope far away from earth and looked back at the images carried with light coming from the earth (though, another tricky part would be getting the image to be clear if you wanted to see what is actually happening).

JustinJDW
08-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Not the past.This.

If it ever could have been done, then someone would have certainly traveled back to our time or any other time before us by now.

miller-time
08-29-2011, 03:58 AM
I don't know if traveling in time will be possible. But seeing back in time is possible. When you look at a star, you are looking at the light it produced a long time ago. The same would be true if we could get people or a telescope far away from earth and looked back at the images carried with light coming from the earth (though, another tricky part would be getting the image to be clear if you wanted to see what is actually happening).

thats a cool idea, i've never thought about that.

winwin
08-29-2011, 04:38 AM
yes ... and a cure for death will be found

miller-time
08-29-2011, 06:45 AM
not possible because it's impossible to travel faster than the speed of light.

so no, I don't think it's possible. And beeing physically there brings paradoxes impossible to resolve.

wormholes?

Lucifer
08-29-2011, 07:49 AM
yes ... and a cure for death will be found

Basically. Peasants and useless fuks like Premeditated and Pete M. will get tossed to the sharks to avoid overpopulation

bagelred
08-29-2011, 07:51 AM
I time traveled last night. It was about midnight. I remember lying down on my bed. Next thing I knew, it was 7:00 AM. Holy f-ck!!! It freaked me out man. I can't explain it........

Kebab Stall
08-29-2011, 08:07 AM
I remember watching a video where a scientist explains time travel being similar to a cup of coffee. I can't remember exactly and I can't seem to find it, maybe someone else knows which video I'm on about.

Anyway, he mentions that it would not be possible to ever go further back in time. We would only be able to go as far back as when the machine or device to travel in time was created.

Black Joker
08-29-2011, 09:12 AM
i actually just watched an video of Carl Sagan talking about time travel, interesting stuff. but yeah, traveling to the future relative to the passage of time here on earth seems likely at some point.

Lebron23
08-29-2011, 09:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronesthesia

http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-12-scientists-evidence-chronesthesia-mental.html

Godzuki
08-29-2011, 09:21 AM
future is more realistic since in principle we can already do it. you just need to travel near the speed of light.

wouldn't it be the other way around? i mean we can't see OUR past, but we can currently see the universe's past by sending light thru it where we can seem to find more and more clues how the universe formed.

lilbill
08-29-2011, 09:25 AM
wouldn't it be the other way around? i mean we can't see OUR past, but we can currently see the universe's past by sending light thru it where we can seem to find more and more clues how the universe formed.

True. Hell, every time you look at stars at night you're looking into the past.

miller-time
08-29-2011, 09:38 AM

no, the faster you travel the slower time moves for you. so if you were to travel at the speed of light for 10 years, to you only 1 year would have passed, but when you get back to earth 10 years would have passed. i'm not sure of those numbers, but essentially you would have gone 10 years into earths future while only experiencing 1 year relative to you. you're not jumping from point A to point B in time, you still need to move through space, but you can basically pass over long periods of time while only experiencing a short period of time. and there is no going back, once you are there that is it.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Time travel to the future is very possible and I think inevitably it will be a reality so long as the human race survives long enough for technology to grow.

As far time travel to the past? Well as we understand physics now no that's not possible at all. The Universe has a built in defense against time paradox issues in the Speed Limit of light. Nothing can travel faster (without warping space around them which means relatively they still wouldn't be actually accelerating) thus no one can go back in time (you can research why this is I'm not going to explain here).

However we still don't fully understand the nature of time and how it affects out Universe. We have a pretty damn good idea, but I don't think you'll meet anyone working in the field who thinks we know everything about it. So maybe at some point some new information will show up that indeed makes it possible.

So as we see it now, the future is possible and I think likely, but going backwards is impossible.

Myth
08-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Even if it were...I wouldn't go back before 1964. At least in the United States

You must be black then, :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY&feature=related

Eat Like A Bosh
08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
I wish

Bladers
08-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Not the past.

Wait wtf? You mean not the future?

How can you travel to the future when it doesn't exist? :facepalm

mrpuente
08-29-2011, 06:07 PM
I remember watching a video where a scientist explains time travel being similar to a cup of coffee. I can't remember exactly and I can't seem to find it, maybe someone else knows which video I'm on about.

Anyway, he mentions that it would not be possible to ever go further back in time. We would only be able to go as far back as when the machine or device to travel in time was created.
Yup, I've seen this. Kinda scary to think about what they will receive from the future as soon as they turn it on.

ace23
08-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Yes, some day. Maybe not in the next million years, but some day.

DuMa
08-29-2011, 06:18 PM
its already possible. cyrogenic chambers

Noob Saibot
08-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Where John Titor when ya need him?

Reef
08-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Wait wtf? You mean not the future?

How can you travel to the future when it doesn't exist? :facepalm

:facepalm

Put down the Bible and read a dreaded science book sometime.

Dictator
08-29-2011, 06:25 PM
It might be possible but I really doubt it. Out of 10 tiers of technology, the world is at about 9. We're close to reaching the limits of how far technology can go.

mrpuente
08-29-2011, 06:36 PM
It might be possible but I really doubt it. Out of 10 tiers of technology, the world is at about 9. We're close to reaching the limits of how far technology can go.
Not even close

d.bball.guy
08-29-2011, 06:43 PM
I can time travel. I was in the Philippines @10 pm(Apr 29) but after 13/14 hours, it was just 7-8pm Apr 29. :D

Godzuki
08-29-2011, 06:46 PM

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110823180520.htm

i remember a tech expert on Bill Maher's show talking about this being the next tech breakthru a few months ago.

Velocirap31
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Maybe those who have traveled back in time have created a paradox or another universe. Therefore, we are apart of an 'untouched' universe that has not been influenced by time travel. Think about it, if you went back into time and changed something, then maybe you have only created another separate timeline and the original can never be changed, we would be the original. Sounds weird, but there is no way to really know unfortunately.

Dictator
08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I laughed so hard I almost choked. Understand that what you've said has been repeated for centuries.

Do you have proof that technology can move bodies at lightspeed?

Do you have proof that we could reverse travel in time?

Do you have proof that we could move foward through time?

Do you have proof that there is technology which could rapidly accelerate our particles, and cells to the point where it becomes a gaseous form which then could be accelerated through at vacuum at light speed, then which can be slowed down, back into a solid-like form, which we regain normal life?

I'm sure by now there would have been an origin for this type of technology. All technology is based off an origin, yet this one has no direct origin. Believe it or not ancient civilizations were smarter and more advanced then the world gives them credit for.

Dictator
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110823180520.htm

i remember a tech expert on Bill Maher's show talking about this being the next tech breakthru a few months ago.

That'll end up killing us.

Dictator
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Maybe those who have traveled back in time have created a paradox or another universe. Therefore, we are apart of an 'untouched' universe that has not been influenced by time travel. Think about it, if you went back into time and changed something, then maybe you have only created another separate timeline and the original can never be changed, we would be the original. Sounds weird, but there is no way to really know unfortunately.

Yeah, it'd be weird but how could they travel back in time when we haven't created a time machine yet. So if we did, they would only be able to travel back unto the time the time machine was created. But if you think about it, know one has ever time traveled, because we haven't created a time machine for them to use. So basically we have control over future people we could meet, but if we fail to create one and the generations after us, then future time travelers may never exist.

Velocirap31
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, it'd be weird but how could they travel back in time when we haven't created a time machine yet. So if we did, they would only be able to travel back unto the time the time machine was created. But if you think about it, know one has ever time traveled, because we haven't created a time machine for them to use. So basically we have control over future people we could meet, but if we fail to create one and the generations after us, then future time travelers may never exist.

Good point, maybe once the first time machine is created people will be able to travel back and forth at will, but never prior to the existence of that 'first' time machine. That would actually make some sense.

miller-time
08-29-2011, 07:08 PM

Do you have proof that there is technology which could rapidly accelerate our particles, and cells to the point where it becomes a gaseous form which then could be accelerated through at vacuum at light speed, then which can be slowed down, back into a solid-like form, which we regain normal life?

I'm sure by now there would have been an origin for this type of technology. All technology is based off an origin, yet this one has no direct origin. Believe it or not ancient civilizations were smarter and more advanced then the world gives them credit for.

ask those civilizations if they have proof they can send real time audio and video messages around the world at light speed, if you know their answer you should be able to see the flaw in your point.

all you've done is create some type of ridiculous hypothetical way to time travel and then shot it down. its called a straw man. where is your "proof" that that is the only way you can travel at the speed of light?

Velocirap31
08-29-2011, 07:15 PM
It's impossible for anything with mass to reach the speed of light, or so I've read. It's like how they added almost 100 horse power to the Bugatti Veyron only to go about 10 mph faster at top speed. The friction is so ridiculous that the power required is too high. Our only hope would be to make something so freaking large that it could hold a ton of fuel and always be accelerating for tens or hundreds of years.

Only 99% the speed of light should be possible no matter what though since light has a negligible mass and nothing we created could.

Dictator
08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
ask those civilizations if they have proof they can send real time audio and video messages around the world at light speed, if you know their answer you should be able to see the flaw in your point.

all you've done is create some type of ridiculous hypothetical way to time travel and then shot it down. its called a straw man. where is your "proof" that that is the only way you can travel at the speed of light?

wtf are you talking about, i never said ancient civilizations could time travel, but if it was possible to be done, then the ancient civilizations would of having a direct origin for this particular objective. Where's the proof that traveling at the speed of light isn't the only way to time travel?? It's called a stalemate because to things hypothetical, different, but each reaches the same goal.

miller-time
08-29-2011, 07:31 PM
wtf are you talking about, i never said ancient civilizations could time travel, but if it was possible to be done,

i didn't say you said that... my point was that the flaw in your argument is that you are asking people living now about where their proof is for future discoveries and inventions. my analogy or counter-point was that if you were to ask ancient civilizations for proof that video messaging was possible - and they aren't able to give it to you - does that mean video messaging is impossible? no. so continuing on from that, if we can't provide proof about different ways to time travel or travel at the speed of light does that mean they don't exist?

then the ancient civilizations would of having a direct origin for this particular objective. Where's the proof that traveling at the speed of light isn't the only way to time travel?? It's called a stalemate because to things hypothetical, different, but each reaches the same goal.

again, i can't provide such a proof. i'm not saying what is possible in terms of technological achievement but i'm also not limiting what is possible either.

d.bball.guy
08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Just saw this shit lol

http://gifsforum.com/images/meme/philosoraptor/grand/philosoraptor_53740408.jpg

pete's montreux
08-29-2011, 07:54 PM
I've read that in perfect conditions, with the most conductible metal, if you looped a wire around the earth, the speed of conductivity would surpass the speed of light.

Dictator
08-29-2011, 08:00 PM
If there was time travel wouldn't someone have already time traveled back here? I mean, that right there is proof enough for me that's not going to happen.

You would need a time machine to travel back, which we haven't created. Therefore we have power over the future.

Scholar
08-29-2011, 08:03 PM
If there was time travel wouldn't someone have already time traveled back here? I mean, that right there is proof enough for me that's not going to happen.

If you really think about it, it's a mind trip. But then you consider the fact that we are currently living in the present. The future is what we're headed toward; thus, we aren't in the future yet to know if there will be someone who will travel back in time.
Get it?
Maybe some dude from the year 3,203 A.D will be the one who creates a time travelling machine. :confusedshrug: We aren't in the year 3,203 yet so we won't know if he's going to build it or not. If he does, then maybe he can alter the past but not through us, just our past selves, I guess? I don't know what the fukk I'm getting at now...

I don't think there will ever be a time travelling machine. It sounds impossible.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 08:09 PM

:wtf:

How could you possibly say that? Technology grows exponentially barring any event that would cause us to take a step backwards (a cataclysmic event in other words).

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 08:10 PM

No, you can only travel to the point at which said machine was created, no further.

It's one of those things that makes you sit there and go: "Damn science you crazy!"

Lebowsky
08-29-2011, 08:15 PM
I've read that in perfect conditions, with the most conductible metal, if you looped a wire around the earth, the speed of conductivity would surpass the speed of light.
That can't be true. Electrons traveling through matter cannot move faster than light in a vacuum.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:15 PM
:facepalm

Put down the Bible and read a dreaded science book sometime.

Why don't you read the dreaded science book with your brain instead and not just swallow everything you read.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:17 PM

You are half right. We are reaching the limit in how small we can shrink silicon.
But there is a world of nano technology which will take over when that happens

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:19 PM

Thank you for posting this diamond in a ruff reasoning. Alot of believe any shit without any proof just because some guy came up with a theory.

*cough* evolution *cough*

Timmy D for MVP
Why?

I am not knowledgeable enough about the subject to know anything more than the basic principles.

But with google and a mind smart enough to discern good sources from bad I almost certain that you could get great detail on the subject in like 30 minutes.

But basically when you create a time travel machine what you're doing is not reversing time itself but traveling back on a loop of time. So you can only go back to when you bent that loop and all time that makes up the loop after that.

Now this is how I understand it and again I believe I only have the very basic grasp and if someone else here sees flaw with how I put it please feel free to jump in and fix it.

shlver
Relativistic time travel into the future happens all the time; when you get on a plane, etc.

pete's montreux
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
That can't be true. Electrons traveling through matter cannot move faster than light in a vacuum.

It was a long time ago that I read the article, last year or the year before. I wish I knew more, but of course it was only a theory. And perfect conditions do not exist.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Thank you for posting this diamond in a ruff reasoning. Alot of believe any shit without any proof just because some guy came up with a theory.

*cough* evolution *cough*

A can of worms could be opened here but this is an interesting thread with an interesting topic that I really don't want to be derailed.

L.Kizzle
08-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Only in the world of sci fi movies and Steve Urkel machines.

How the fukk are we gonna go to a time which hasn't happened yet? Say I wanna travel to December 25 just to see how many presents I got, how they gonna do that? Don't other people have to travel in time too, to gt my damn presents and decorate a tree?

Somebody school ya boy

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Relativistic time travel into the future happens all the time; when you get on a plane, etc.

Exactly. When people think about time travel they think about the pop culture representation of it. But a working model of time travel exists, happens everyday, and I imagine with technology growing at some point we'll have the ability to travel into the future in a noticeable way based on this theory (a few years, a few decades, etc.)

It's just, will we want to do so? I see no purpose for it.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:27 PM
ITT: people who would have laughed off the Wright brothers.

The difference was they actually did it in their life time and shut the people up.
When you make a claim, you need to back it up with DIRECT substantial scientific proof that can be replicated.

Theories are not proof, they are like maps to a treasure.

The needed power and technology for any time travel theory isn't even feasible, won't be even remotely possible in the next 100, 200, etc... years.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 08:27 PM

How the fukk are we gonna go to a time which hasn't happened yet? Say I wanna travel to December 25 just to see how many presents I got, how they gonna do that? Don't other people have to travel in time too, to gt my damn presents and decorate a tree?

Somebody school ya boy

http://img2.imagesbn.com/images/67500000/67508292.JPG

I highly recommend to everyone in this thread. Even you Bladers.

airchibundo507
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM

why would a time traveller want worldwide recognition as such? those truly in power would use the media to dismiss their claims as delusional. governments would hold them hostage and demand information using torture tactics before that knowledge falls into the wrong hands. anyone with a brain would travel back in time to amass a large fortune using knowledge from the future and live comfortably.

L.Kizzle
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
http://friendsofp.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/cover-why-does-emc22.jpg?w=291&h=448

I highly recommend to everyone in this thread. Even you Bladers.
I'll read it in the future. :lol

Reef
08-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Why don't you read the dreaded science book with your brain instead and not just swallow everything you read.

Take your own advice. Educate yourself. Read about that evil sorcerer Einstein.

Reef
08-29-2011, 08:31 PM

Somebody school ya boy

Read about the theory of relativity. It's not some machine or a Delorean where you input a date and you magically end up there.

miller-time
08-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Exactly. When people think about time travel they think about the pop culture representation of it. But a working model of time travel exists, happens everyday, and I imagine with technology growing at some point we'll have the ability to travel into the future in a noticeable way based on this theory (a few years, a few decades, etc.)

there are other ways to time travel a noticeable difference. if you fly around a massive object (the larger the object the slower time moves) at very high speeds for some time you can move maybe weeks or months into the future. nothing dramatic, but it is sort of in between the fractions of seconds gained by regular plane rides and traveling at the speed of light.

Lebowsky
08-29-2011, 08:32 PM
It was a long time ago that I read the article, last year or the year before. I wish I knew more, but of course it was only a theory. And perfect conditions do not exist.
I've never heard anything about it. I don't know much about superconductivity, other than the basics, though. I'd be very surprised if it were true.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:35 PM
there are other ways to time travel a noticeable difference. if you fly around a massive object (the larger the object the slower time moves) at very high speeds for some time you can move maybe weeks or months into the future. nothing dramatic, but it is sort of in between the fractions of seconds gained by regular plane rides and traveling at the speed of light.

Theories are not proof.
Just cause its theoretically possible doesn't mean its true.
Only when the theory is tested can it be deemed true.

When you make statements like this, don't forget to add that its a theory.:facepalm

L.Kizzle
http://www.unlikelywords.com/2009/12/17/the-marvin-barnes-time-machine/

pete's montreux
I've never heard anything about it. I don't know much about superconductivity, other than the basics, though. I'd be very surprised if it were true.
I vaguely remember something about in perfect conditions, the electrons would always be in a constant state of motion, and the current could move seamlessly without resistance. Bah, I really wish I remembered more because that stuff is very interesting, those out-of-left-field theories. Like, "Guys, no, you're all wrong!" Kind of shit.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:36 PM

:applause:

Learn to insert that miller-time.

'Theory', its only a theory. Doesn't mean its true.

Lebowsky
08-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I vaguely remember something about in perfect conditions, the electrons would always be in a constant state of motion, and the current could move seamlessly without interference. Bah, I really wish I remembered more because that stuff is very interesting, those out-of-left-field theories. Like, "Guys, no, you're all wrong!" Kind of shit.
Sounds interesting. I'll do some research tomorrow and see if I can find something about it.

miller-time
08-29-2011, 08:39 PM

yeah great bladers. i'm not biting. :cheers:

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:40 PM
"The energy required to bend light into a presto requires the energy of a star" - Michio Kaku

pete's montreux
08-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Sounds interesting. I'll do some research tomorrow and see if I can find something about it.

I edited that to change interference to resistance. I couldn't remember "least path of..."

Anyways, I think I have that article saved on a backup of my FF bookmarks from back then but I would need to fish out one of my backup externals I keep locked up in my basement [I'm paranoid]. I'll find some time this week to do it, I need to backup my music again anyways.

Lebowsky
08-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I edited that to change interference to resistance. I couldn't remember "least path of..."

Anyways, I think I have that article saved on a backup of my FF bookmarks from back then but I would need to fish out one of my backup externals I keep locked up in my basement [I'm paranoid]. I'll find some time this week to do it, I need to backup my music again anyways.
Hit me up with a link if you do!

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:43 PM

BS that isn't time travel.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:47 PM
yeah great bladers. i'm not biting. :cheers:

Look dude. Im right now doing research into Artificial General intelligence, generating human intelligence in AI.

I have some theories I developed today.
I'm going to continue developing them in the coming days, after i'm done, I can start programming them.

Now just because I have theories doesn't mean they are true. There are thousands of AGI theories out there and none of them have yield TRUE AI.

Yes my theory is theoretical possible, but isn't true until I can develop a AGI with it.
The same with any other theory, when its done. Then its true. Until then, its just mathematical speculation.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Well I'm basing it off of the Theory of Relativity which is called that but is in fact a tested, and proven Scientific Theory.

So... yeah.

I believe in the last thread about Evolution someone mentioned the difference.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Well I'm basing it off of the Theory of Relativity which is called that but is in fact a tested, and proven Scientific Theory.

So... yeah.

I believe in the last thread about Evolution someone mentioned the difference.

Seriously I don't want to call you an "idiot"

But please...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnkE2yQPw6s

See if you can find a keyword Michio keeps using.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Seriously I don't want to call you an "idiot"

But please...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnkE2yQPw6s

See if you can find a keyword Michio keeps using.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_law

Bladers
08-29-2011, 09:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_law

Dude, Time Travel as Michio says is a "theoretical possibility"

Yes Gravity is a scientific law, Time Travel isn't.

donald_trump
08-29-2011, 09:27 PM
you'd get to hang out with jesus bladers. and help noah load all the animals on the boat.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 09:29 PM

Dude, Time Travel as Michio says is a "theoretical possibility"

Yes Gravity is a scientific law, Time Travel isn't.

Wait... the **** are you talking about?

Did you not read my post where I said it was based on the Theory of Relativity which is a proven scientific fact and does allow one to be able to functionally travel into the future?

If you move move fast enough and as miller-time pointed out add in a massive enough body time for you begins to slow. Time for everyone else stays the same. Thus when you break from your acceleration you'll have aged slower than everyone else and if you move fast enough you can move years upon years into the future.

All based on proven Theory.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Wait... the **** are you talking about?

Did you not read my post where I said it was based on the Theory of Relativity which is a proven scientific fact and does allow one to be able to functionally travel into the future?

If you move move fast enough and as miller-time pointed out add in a massive enough body time for you begins to slow. Time for everyone else stays the same. Thus when you break from your acceleration you'll have aged slower than everyone else and if you move fast enough you can move years upon years into the future.

All based on proven Theory.

A theory based on another theory doesn't make the theory itself true. :facepalm

Reef
08-29-2011, 09:33 PM

Did you even read what he wrote?

donald_trump
08-29-2011, 09:34 PM

:roll: :roll:

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 09:34 PM

It's not a theory based on another theory it's a logical extension of one theory.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 09:36 PM
It's not a theory based on another theory it's a logical extension of one theory.

No its not. There are many aspects in various time travel theories that has nothing to do with the theory of relativity. Its not just an extension.

miller-time
08-29-2011, 09:36 PM

go to google, type in GPS and relativity...

Velocirap31
08-29-2011, 09:37 PM
This thread is now ruined because Bladers is involved.

Reef
08-29-2011, 09:44 PM
This thread is now ruined because Bladers is involved.

That's no theory.

miller-time
08-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Maximum level trolling. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

he is the master. i know not to respond to him, but he manages to pull me in lol.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 09:58 PM
go to google, type in GPS and relativity...

I know all too well about GPS and relativity.
I'm not refuting the theory of relativity, I'm saying that there are many aspects of time travel theories that are beyond the theory of relativity.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 10:43 PM
he is the master. i know not to respond to him, but he manages to pull me in lol.

We know he's a troll but I enjoy continuing because it's good exercise. It helps me personally lay out information in a way that those who don't understand it can understand it. Like I want to teach and so being able to try to explain something to someone like him who is intentionally stupid is kind of nice in terms of mastering techniques to simplify ideas.

If that makes any sense.

eeeeeebro
08-29-2011, 11:00 PM
This.

If it ever could have been done, then someone would have certainly traveled back to our time or any other time before us by now.

if they do travel back in time nobody will ever know. It will be kept a secret not to alter the future.

Bladers
08-29-2011, 11:04 PM
We know he's a troll but I enjoy continuing because it's good exercise. It helps me personally lay out information in a way that those who don't understand it can understand it. Like I want to teach and so being able to try to explain something to someone like him who is intentionally stupid is kind of nice in terms of mastering techniques to simplify ideas.

If that makes any sense.

Do you know whether or not its possible to time travel into a different location.
Not teleportation as we know it, because that requires you to die and be recreated. But once you are dead your soul leaves the body (maybe or maybe not) and you become a living yugioh character whose soul been trapped.

But time(whatever it may be called, position,location, w/e) travel to another place.

Let's say you have a pod here and a pod there. Go from one pod into another.

POD 1 ---------------------- POD 2

Bladers
08-29-2011, 11:06 PM
if they do travel back in time nobody will ever know. It will be kept a secret not to alter the future.

Its not how it works though. Atleast not according to what Michio says.
I don't take in everything he says, but according to the theory he knows, that's not how it works.

shlver
08-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Bladers is notorious for not understanding the subjects he debates.

Timmy D for MVP
08-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Do you know whether or not its possible to time travel into a different location.
Not teleportation as we know it, because that requires you to die and be recreated. But once you are dead your soul leaves the body (maybe or maybe not) and you become a living yugioh character whose soul been trapped.

But time(whatever it may be called, position,location, w/e) travel to another place.

Let's say you have a pod here and a pod there. Go from one pod into another.

POD 1 ---------------------- POD 2

You mean like step into a machine... hit on and then appear in another time?

Bladers
08-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Bladers is notorious for not understanding the subjects he debates.

Look I never claimed to know anything about Time travel and yet i'm kicking serious ass in this thread?

All I know is all I watched from that Michio video and his BBC documentary on Cosmic time and time travel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dey0rPTkLzM&feature=relmfu).
Who is a theoretical physicist. I will definitely take his words over all your words any day of the week.

Anyway, why would I want to learn about time travel?
Its still science fiction in the sense that its not being discussed.
No one would want to do it. And maybe in 100-200 years that's when people will actually start really discussing building it.

But why so mad? I smell butt-hurt from owning you in that evolution thread. :oldlol:

shlver
08-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Look I never claimed to know anything about Time travel and yet i'm kicking serious ass in this thread?

All I know is all I watched from that Michio video and his BBC documentary on Cosmic time and time travel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dey0rPTkLzM&feature=relmfu).
Who is a theoretical physicist. I will definitely take his words over all your words any day of the week.

Anyway, why would I want to learn about time travel?
Its still science fiction in the sense that its not being discussed.
No one would want to do it. And maybe in 100-200 years that's when people will actually start really discussing building it.

But why so mad? I smell butt-hurt from owning you in that evolution thread. :oldlol:
lol trying to debunk darwinian evolution. Good job man.

mr beast
08-30-2011, 02:29 AM
never say never

but they will probably restrict the shiet out of it and possibly make it so we cant see them or they cant do anything would change the past that would impact the future

otherwise there's probably tons of terminator shiet happening all day lol

miller-time
08-30-2011, 02:50 AM

If that makes any sense.

yeah it makes sense, i am basically in the same position. i usually limit my bladers responses though because he does manage to go on and on without resolve. he has an uncanny stamina for trolling lol.

nathanjizzle
08-30-2011, 11:15 AM
how would it be possible when time doesnt even exist? we live in the present all times.

Timmy D for MVP
08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
how would it be possible when time doesnt even exist? we live in the present all times.

Time not only exists but is a fundamental part of the known Universe.

bdreason
08-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Possibly.

I highly doubt we will discover how to travel at the speed of light within the next 50 years though. We haven't had a major breakthrough in physics in over 50 years as it is.

bdreason
08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
And you cannot go back in time. You can only suspend time.

Hazard
08-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Not unless we're bombing the past...

miller-time
08-31-2011, 03:20 AM
And you cannot go back in time. You can only suspend time.

what do you mean?

Lebron23
03-18-2012, 05:28 AM
This is future LeBron23. I am now the current UN Secretary General in 2035.

MMM
03-18-2012, 01:51 PM
This is a bit off topic but for some reason I've always thought that UFO sightings were actually human time travelers in time machines.

Nanners
03-18-2012, 01:56 PM
i am no physicist, but i have heard that it is theoretically possible to to travel forward in time.

Nanners
03-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Traveling forward would be the worst idea ever. You could pop into a nuclear winter, alien invasion, human genocide by mutants, a super intelligent world where you're the equivalent intelligence of a pet, new diseases you're not immune to... Uh-uh, keep your time travel to yourself.

hey you wont find me volunteering to travel through time, i am happy with the present. just saying that its theoretically possible according to modern physics.

Flagrant 2
03-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Anything is possible when you're on a rock floating in space.

CelticBaller
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
This.

Alternative/Parallel universe

LJJ
03-18-2012, 06:08 PM
This guy already did it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EikQwfbQQos

Timmy D for MVP
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Holy shit I forgot about this thread.

No the reason we don't see time travelers now is because you can only go backward in time as far as the point of the first use of the time machine, if it's at all possible, which again... is not shown to be a likely outcome at this juncture.

Qwyjibo
03-18-2012, 06:47 PM
This guy already did it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EikQwfbQQos
It's been proven too:

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/b/d/7/bd7c8c27aebc0512535dca8f7554cea4.jpg

LBJMVP
03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Holy shit I forgot about this thread.

No the reason we don't see time travelers now is because you can only go backward in time as far as the point of the first use of the time machine, if it's at all possible, which again... is not shown to be a likely outcome at this juncture.

or because we are the farthest people into the future.... as in the is no future yet because we no humans are farther in history than we are.

LBJMVP
03-18-2012, 07:10 PM
but there are some pictures...

Here is a photo from 1940. It is all over the internet. If you look closely, there is man that doesn

Timmy D for MVP
03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
or because we are the farthest people into the future.... as in the is no future yet because we no humans are farther in history than we are.

No, I mean it's physically impossible to go further back than the creation of the machine. I mean yes there is nothing further than us since that time has yet to arrive and has yet to exist, but this notion that they can come back here is incorrect unless someone built a machine as we speak.

Qwyjibo
03-18-2012, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=LBJMVP]
Here is photo of what looks like an astronaut on a pillar at Salamanca Cathedral Church, which was started in the 1600

LBJMVP
03-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Photoshop.....

actually maybe it is.