PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's 2010 Game 7 REEVALUATED: Mamba Redemption

Nick Young
08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes he shot a low percentage but let us look at the big picture

He also was an SG that came up clutch and collected 15 boards in what is probably the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard of all time in a game 7. I've never seen Jordan for example come up so big with so many clutch rebounds.

Kobe didn't choke in game 7 he had 15 rebounds, how many SGs have had 15 boards in the game 7 of a finals, I don't think I've ever seen such great tenacity on the boards from a 2. It was one of the greatest rebounding performances in finals history, the reason Kobe missed so many shots was because he was busy scooping up all the boards at a Moses Malone rate and shutting down Ray Allen on defense.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Without Kobe's 15 boards I don't see how the Lakers could have won that game, Kobe does whatever it takes to win, when he needs to score he scores, when he needs to board he boards, and the results speak for themselves.

So the next time you say "Kobe had a shitty game 7 vs Boston" think and ask yourself how many shooting guards have you ever seen collect 15 rebounds in one game, LET ALONE IN A GAME 7 OF THE NBA FINALS

LBJDWADE63
08-29-2011, 09:10 PM
ok

SuperPippen
08-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Collecting 15 rebounds doesn't make up for shooting 6-24.

You want your SG to primarily score, not to focus on rebounding.

Ultimately, though, this game doesn't even matter, because Kobe was having a good series before game 7, and definitely deserved Finals MVP.

GS1905
08-29-2011, 09:13 PM
-Murat abi bayramın m

Nick Young
08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Collecting 15 rebounds doesn't make up for shooting 6-24.

You want your SG to primarily score, not to focus on rebounding.

Ultimately, though, this game doesn't even matter, because Kobe was having a good series before game 7, and definitely deserved Finals MVP.
Kobe did whatever he had to to get the win, his shot wasn't going in so instead he decided to put up the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard of all time.

Think about it people. 15 boards in a game 7 would be amazing for a center, small forward or power forward. Kobe did it as a perimeter based shooting guard including 11 amazing defensive rebounds:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

donald_trump
08-29-2011, 09:38 PM
it was a terrible performance in game 7, where as the rest of his series was great. looking at it 100 times wont make it a great game 7.

Nick Young
08-29-2011, 09:40 PM
15 boards

by an SG

the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard in the finals
OF ALL TIME

please show me another guard who gets 15 boards in game 7s.:bowdown:

shadow
08-30-2011, 12:17 AM
boy you are really fixated on the 15 boards aren't you.

AlphaWolf24
08-30-2011, 12:19 AM
and they won......doing whatever it takes to win....

stats are 4 Losers...winners go home and F@ck the prom queen.

StacksOnDeck
08-30-2011, 12:30 AM
He did dominate the boards and whoever won the boards won the game

EricForman
08-30-2011, 12:32 AM
It wasn't a horrible game for Kobe. Although I laugh at the OP for repeating the 15 rebounds bit, like, 5 times in one paragraph, it is a sign that Kobe dug deep and contributed in other ways.

However, it wasn't a good game either. It's not just the shooting %, it was the fact he forced plenty of shots over double teams in the first half--whether he was doing the "I need to put up big numbers in a game 7 to look good" thing or he just thought he needed to score to win, I don't know--but it is inarguable he forced a lot of bad shots in the first half (there was one shot in particular where he was trapped in the baseline by two Celtics, so he shot a fadeaway that hit the side of the backboard).

Also, the 15 rebounds, although impressive, is inflated when you considered both teams shot so bad throughout the game.

It's too much to bash Kobe and say he completely stunked, because he didn't (that would be the 2004 Finals). But he didn't have a good game either.

Oh, and Ron Artest was the best player in the first half and Pau Gasol was the best in the second half.

Kobe fans who continue to hate on Gasol should be beaten because Gasol came through so much in the second half.

Anyway, bottom line: not a horrible choke job but far from a good game. It was a below average game for Kobe, but he deserves credit for helping the team in other ways.

EricForman
08-30-2011, 12:36 AM
LOL at the qualifier "most rebounds by a shooting guard in a game 7".

a little desperate, aren't you? I'm sure you can give Kobe a dozen more of these records by adding more qualifiers.

I'm sure Kobe holds some sort of "most points in a second round game 4 for a guard between 6'4 and 6'7 when playing against a team with two all stars wing players"

or how about "most assists for a shooting guard in a game 6 post-99 lockout in a double digit victory played in May with the other team trailing in the series"

f*cking trolls...:oldlol:

AlphaWolf24
08-30-2011, 12:42 AM
LOL at the qualifier "most rebounds by a shooting guard in a game 7".

a little desperate, aren't you? I'm sure you can give Kobe a dozen more of these records by adding more qualifiers.

I'm sure Kobe holds some sort of "most points in a second round game 4 for a guard between 6'4 and 6'7 when playing against a team with two all stars wing players"

or how about "most assists for a shooting guard in a game 6 post-99 lockout in a double digit victory played in May with the other team trailing in the series"

f*cking trolls...:oldlol:

Don't get Mad...just recognize game when it's in your face.....

Most rebounds Game 7 by a SG...Most points ever in a game by a SG..

soon to be most points all time by a SG......Most Finals....Most Games....

shoot we can be here all night.....just recognize.

next

shadow
08-30-2011, 12:54 AM
It wasn't a horrible game for Kobe. Although I laugh at the OP for repeating the 15 rebounds bit, like, 5 times in one paragraph, it is a sign that Kobe dug deep and contributed in other ways.

However, it wasn't a good game either. It's not just the shooting %, it was the fact he forced plenty of shots over double teams in the first half--whether he was doing the "I need to put up big numbers in a game 7 to look good" thing or he just thought he needed to score to win, I don't know--but it is inarguable he forced a lot of bad shots in the first half (there was one shot in particular where he was trapped in the baseline by two Celtics, so he shot a fadeaway that hit the side of the backboard).

Also, the 15 rebounds, although impressive, is inflated when you considered both teams shot so bad throughout the game.

It's too much to bash Kobe and say he completely stunked, because he didn't (that would be the 2004 Finals). But he didn't have a good game either.

Oh, and Ron Artest was the best player in the first half and Pau Gasol was the best in the second half.

Kobe fans who continue to hate on Gasol should be beaten because Gasol came through so much in the second half.

Anyway, bottom line: not a horrible choke job but far from a good game. It was a below average game for Kobe, but he deserves credit for helping the team in other ways.

Aside from one key bucket where he grabbed an offensive board and jammed it in, Pau wasn't any more exceptional than Kobe down the stretch. They both scored and grabbed boards to build up the lead once Fisher Hit the 3 with Artest contributing some key buckets as well. I'd hesitate to anoint a player of the second half. If anything I'd give it to Kobe simply because he controlled his impulses in the final stretch. He was frustratingly idiotic in the first half. ;)

EricForman
08-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Don't get Mad...just recognize game when it's in your face.....

Most rebounds Game 7 by a SG...Most points ever in a game by a SG..

soon to be most points all time by a SG......Most Finals....Most Games....

shoot we can be here all night.....just recognize.

next

Yes, even though I wrote post earlier defending Kobe against those who said his game 7 stunk, I'm "just mad". :facepalm

Sorry, I evaluate games/players maturely. I'm not a Kobe hater who thinks he's trash but I'm not a stan like you. He's top 10 all time, but in the bottom 10. He hasn't been better than Lebron in a couple of years and his game 7 wasn't horrible but definitely wasn't good.

Those are facts. I know, I know, people who can analyze the game and not take extreme sides is rare here, and such an idea may be hard for you to grasp, but one day, you may understand it.

EricForman
08-30-2011, 01:02 AM
Aside from one key bucket where he grabbed an offensive board and jammed it in, Pau wasn't any more exceptional than Kobe down the stretch. They both scored and grabbed boards to build up the lead once Fisher Hit the 3 with Artest contributing some key buckets as well. I'd hesitate to anoint a player of the second half. If anything I'd give it to Kobe simply because he controlled his impulses in the final stretch. He was frustratingly idiotic in the first half. ;)

Gasol's impact was more noticeable, I think. In addition to that jam, Gasol also had that put back (where replays showed he actually traveled because he landed before he released the shot).

There's also a few blocks on the Celtics and that crucial offensive rebound over Rondo in the final minutes. Everytime the Celtics cut the lead to 2 or 3, it was Gasol who did something to bump it back up in the final quarter.

I'm not saying Kobe didn't contribute, but Gasol and Artest had better games that night. Kobe's still the best player on the team and still the best overall performer through the playoffs, but not in game 7.

(waiting for the Kobe fans to ignore all that bit I said about Kobe being the best overall and through the playoffs, and only focus on the last line about him not being the best in game 7, followed by UMAD? 81! FIVE RINGS and a bunch of stupid photos)

gengiskhan
08-30-2011, 01:05 AM
6/24

:roll:

25%FG

for god's sake, Give Finals MVP to Gasol or Artest for hitting the 3-pointer.

next

AlphaWolf24
08-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Yes, even though I wrote post earlier defending Kobe against those who said his game 7 stunk, I'm "just mad". :facepalm

Sorry, I evaluate games/players maturely. I'm not a Kobe hater who thinks he's trash but I'm not a stan like you. He's top 10 all time, but in the bottom 10. He hasn't been better than Lebron in a couple of years and his game 7 wasn't horrible but definitely wasn't good.

Those are facts. I know, I know, people who can analyze the game and not take extreme sides is rare here, and such an idea may be hard for you to grasp, but one day, you may understand it.

Yes his Game 7 was not the "perfect" game....but he played great and played his heart out.....he did everything except make a bunch of shots...but he came through in the clutch and lead his team in the series and won a championship....like he has done 5 outta 7 times in 11 years as a starter...

and the Fact is by Acclamation he was Voted by a Landslide as the Greatest player of his generation and Top 5 - 6 alltime.....

so you can be silly a say your "rational" and I'm just a stan...but the Fact is....the Greatest player for over a decade is Kobe Bryant.....and he is Top 5 alltime....and he played his heart out and helped lead his team to win the series...call me a stan if you want.....

but the truf is..I recognize game when it's in my face.......you don't

next

shadow
08-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Gasol's impact was more noticeable, I think. In addition to that jam, Gasol also had that put back (where replays showed he actually traveled because he landed before he released the shot).

There's also a few blocks on the Celtics and that crucial offensive rebound over Rondo in the final minutes. Everytime the Celtics cut the lead to 2 or 3, it was Gasol who did something to bump it back up in the final quarter.

I'm not saying Kobe didn't contribute, but Gasol and Artest had better games that night. Kobe's still the best player on the team and still the best overall performer through the playoffs, but not in game 7.

(waiting for the Kobe fans to ignore all that bit I said about Kobe being the best overall and through the playoffs, and only focus on the last line about him not being the best in game 7, followed by UMAD? 81! FIVE RINGS and a bunch of stupid photos)

Fair enough. I think Pau's contribs get overhyped, not that they weren't key but just too much hype like Fisher's 3 but usually it's Kobe whose exploits get the hype while others are ignored so I guess in that sense it's almost karmaic.
I think overall it's hard to deny Pau had a better game than Kobe.

amfirst
08-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Don't know whats the big deal. It was a bad game for everyone.

knightfall88
08-30-2011, 01:19 AM
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/6/21/1525036/kobe-bryants-game-7-in-perspective

Big#50
08-30-2011, 01:20 AM
AnotherStan added to my ignore list. Kobe played about 30 feet from Rondo. Makes it pretty easy to catch the rebounds that land in your hands. The Celtics missing their main pivot made it harder to box out Bynum/Gasol. While they were busy battling the biggest frontline in the league, Kobe had easy access to boards. Kobe choked in this game. Showed he doesn't belong amongst the MJ/Magic/Bird/KAJ/Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem's of the world. Just outside of them is a fair ranking.

raptorfan_dr07
08-30-2011, 02:38 AM
it was a terrible performance in game 7, where as the rest of his series was great. looking at it 100 times wont make it a great game 7.

It really wasn't. He disappeared in the 4th quarter of every close game in that series. Don't believe me, here are the numbers:

Game 1 was already a blowout by the time the 4th rolled around.

Game 2: Boston had a two point lead(74-72) going into the 4th. Kobe shoots 3-8(38%) and LA loses.

Game 3: Lakers had a six point lead(67-61) going into the 4th. Kobe goes 1-6(17%:roll: :roll: ) yet LA STILL wins behind Derek Fisher's clutch performance.

Game 4: Lakers had a two point lead(62-60) going into the 4th. Kobe goes 2-6(33%) and LA loses.

Game 5: Boston had a six point lead(73-67) going into the 4th. Kobe goes 2-6(33%), blowing his load too early in the 3rd quarter(as has been custom for Bryant over his career), and LA loses.

Game 6 was already decided by the time the 4th rolled around, LA cruises to win.

Game 7: Boston had a two point lead(57-55) going into the 4th. Kobe goes 1-4(25%) and LA STILL wins behind clutch play from Ron Artest and Pau Gasol.

Not to mention, Kobe had a myriad of turnovers in the 4th of these games as well.

but the Fact is....the Greatest player for over a decade is Kobe Bryant.....and he is Top 5 alltime

Not fact, OPINION, one that can be easily shot down and has been numerous times on this forum. I've been saying good things about Kobe Bryant to people this summer since he showed up at the Drew, but these jack@$$es(alphawolf, Jacks3, Legend24, zay24, TheLogo, Mr. Im So Rad, Heavencent, Nick Young, Iron Fist, etc....) are making me regret and take back anything good I said about Kobe Bryant. He's nothing but an overrated scumbag who's been incredibly lucky and fortunate to have been handed everything on a silver spoon since he was drafted. Opportunities that numerous other players throughout history have not had the luxury of having. Stick him in Charlotte where he SHOULD have been and he's nothing more than a slightly more glorified Allen Iverson.

DMAVS41
08-30-2011, 02:44 AM
It really wasn't. He disappeared in the 4th quarter of every close game in that series. Don't believe me, here are the numbers:

Game 1 was already a blowout by the time the 4th rolled around.

Game 2: Boston had a two point lead(74-72) going into the 4th. Kobe shoots 3-8(38%) and LA loses.

Game 3: Lakers had a six point lead(67-61) going into the 4th. Kobe goes 1-6(17%:roll: :roll: ) yet LA STILL wins behind Derek Fisher's clutch performance.

Game 4: Lakers had a two point lead(62-60) going into the 4th. Kobe goes 2-6(33%) and LA loses.

Game 5: Boston had a six point lead(73-67) going into the 4th. Kobe goes 2-6(33%), blowing his load too early in the 3rd quarter(as has been custom for Bryant over his career), and LA loses.

Game 6 was already decided by the time the 4th rolled around, LA cruises to win.

Game 7: Boston had a two point lead(57-55) going into the 4th. Kobe goes 1-4(25%) and LA STILL wins behind clutch play from Ron Artest and Pau Gasol.

Not to mention, Kobe had a myriad of turnovers in the 4th of these games as well.

Not fact, OPINION, one that can be easily shot down and has been numerous times on this forum. I've been saying good things about Kobe Bryant to people this summer since he showed up at the Drew, but these jack@$$es(alphawolf, Jacks3, Legend24, zay24, TheLogo, Mr. Im So Rad, Heavencent, Nick Young, Iron Fist, etc....) are making me regret and take back anything good I said about Kobe Bryant. He's nothing but an overrated scumbag who's been incredibly lucky and fortunate to have been handed everything on a silver spoon since he was drafted. Opportunities that numerous other players throughout history have not had the luxury of having. Stick him in Charlotte where he SHOULD have been and he's nothing more than a slightly more glorified Allen Iverson.

:applause:

Only in the world of a Kobe stan is that a great series....but at least they are consistent. I had some moronic Kobe stan tell me that Kobe's series against the Suns in 06 was one of the 10 to 15 best series of all time by any player.

So with lower than low standards, of course the finals last year was "great".....

Doranku
08-30-2011, 02:45 AM
^Don't know about the rest of your numbers, but Kobe made back-to-back jumpers in the 4th quarter of game 7 to put his team up 68-64 so that 1-4 can't be right. And hey, what happened to your thread about never watching basketball again? Why are you still posting here, f@ggot?

Props to EricForman for being the only rational Kobe hater in this thread.

Doranku
08-30-2011, 02:49 AM
:applause:

Only in the world of a Kobe stan is that a great series....but at least they are consistent. I had some moronic Kobe stan tell me that Kobe's series against the Suns in 06 was one of the 10 to 15 best series of all time by any player.

So with lower than low standards, of course the finals last year was "great".....

It wasn't a great series, but it was a good series and more than deserving of the Finals MVP that he won.

Also, I love how he completely ignores the fact that Games 1 and 6 were blowouts in large part due to Kobe's stellar play in those respective games.

32MJ32
08-30-2011, 03:07 AM
At what point would Kobe's FG% have been palatable for you mopes? If he had made 3 more shots, 4 more? Would 10-for-24 meant it was "okay" for him to be lauded for his efforts, which were spectacular?

Bill Simmons, in his book, heaps praise on Mike and Scottie for crashing the boards and "doing whatever it took to win" in Game 7 of 1998 Eastern Conference Finals. Mike went 9 for 25 with 9 boards that game. Pip went 6 for 18 and had 12 boards. In case you've been living in a cave, he's been making 6 for 24 jokes for the last 2 years.

This has very little to do with the actual game Kobe played - it's about how you see him, how you will remember him and how you want him to be remembered.

Simmons goes on to say, in that same book, that he wanted to "light himself on fire" when his favourite player of all time, Bird, said that Kobe was his current favourite player.

Explains everything.

EricForman
08-30-2011, 03:13 AM
At what point would Kobe's FG% have been palatable for you mopes? If he had made 3 more shots, 4 more? Would 10-for-24 meant it was "okay" for him to be lauded for his efforts, which were spectacular?

Bill Simmons, in his book, heaps praise on Mike and Scottie for crashing the boards and "doing whatever it took to win" in Game 7 of 1998 Eastern Conference Finals. Mike went 9 for 25 with 9 boards that game. Pip went 6 for 18 and had 12 boards. In case you've been living in a cave, he's been making 6 for 24 jokes for the last 2 years.

This has very little to do with the actual game Kobe played - it's about how you see him, how you will remember him and how you want him to be remembered.

Simmons goes on to say, in that same book, that he wanted to "light himself on fire" when his favourite player of all time, Bird, said that Kobe was his current favourite player.

Explains everything.

Simmons is like me, anti-Kobe on the surface, but the jokes/digs is mostly to play at the obsessive kobe fans. Simmons, like me, respects Kobe and gives him credit when credit is due.

When people are slightly biased/homer, it makes for good basketball discussions. But you know, the Kobe vs Lebron or Kobe vs Jordan guys lose sense of that and lean completely to one extreme.

But to be completely honest, many of Kobe's boards did come from long rebounds that kinda went in his direction as he was roaming around the midrange area. If you think of all the game-changing, momentum-driving CRUCIAL rebounds, I only remember Gasol, who had that one over Rondo late in the game and several throughout the 4th.

All Net
08-30-2011, 03:26 AM
The most important thing in game 7 was the lakers won the game and the title

Kobe did have a poor shooting performance and in no way was it a great performance but he did have 15 rebounds, hit two huge jumpers late in the 4th and 4 big free-throws to stay ahead. He did make up for his terrible play through most of the game.

Luckily the D was so strong that even with guys shooting poorly they stayed in and came back to win the game.

32MJ32
08-30-2011, 03:28 AM
If we're differentiating between "normal rebounds" and "crucial rebounds" now, we're going to have to spend a long time re-writing every boxscore in the history of the NBA

I'm not saying Kobe played his best game, but given the circumstances, he played well. His shot was off, he was being defended well and he willed himself to the line - which if it was Mike/Bird/Magic would be remembered as "MIKE'S/BIRD's/MAGIC'S KILLER INSTINCT IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY"

It's also not his fault that Rondo can't shoot. I'd be hovering around the foul line if I was checking him, too. A lazier player would have taken that time to rest on D, instead of helping his team control the glass. Boston outrebounded the Lakers in all 3 games they won that series. Kobe picked up the slack in Game 6 and 7, and funnily enough, the Lakers won the title.

People need to let the 6-for-24 thing go. Mike went 6-for-22 in Game 6 of the 1996 Finals and won the MVP for that series. You know why? If a the best player in the series has one bad shooting night, it doesn't mean he's not the best player in the series

winwin
08-30-2011, 04:04 AM
People need to let the 6-for-24 thing go. Mike went 6-for-22 in Game 6 of the 1996 Finals and won the MVP for that series.

in most important game of his life
he missed 20 shots and had total of 1 rebound and 1 assist

32MJ32
08-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Sorry, it was 5 for 19 for Mike. I forgot the exact number. You know why? Because it doesn't matter. He nearly had a triple double and they won the game and the series.

You guys treat field goal percentage like it's the blessed word of the Basketball Gods or something.

guy
08-30-2011, 11:01 AM
AnotherStan added to my ignore list. Kobe played about 30 feet from Rondo. Makes it pretty easy to catch the rebounds that land in your hands. The Celtics missing their main pivot made it harder to box out Bynum/Gasol. While they were busy battling the biggest frontline in the league, Kobe had easy access to boards. Kobe choked in this game. Showed he doesn't belong amongst the MJ/Magic/Bird/KAJ/Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem's of the world. Just outside of them is a fair ranking.

This. Rebounds can be an overrated stat. Lebron had 19 rebounds to go along with a near triple double in game 6 vs. the Celtics. It doesn't mean he had a great game.

They won cause the role players stepped up in the end and the Celtics were completely gassed out. Kobe had his contributions but he didn't outshine and contribute anymore then Artest, Gasol, Fisher, etc unlike the players you mentioned above who repeatedly were the main reasons there teams won in big games.

And lets not forget, if he was someone like Paul Pierce, he'd get a much bigger pass. But he's not. He's a guy thats constantly compared to the GOAT, who some actually think is GOAT, and has the reputation of the best player in the league and one of the most clutch players in history. Given his rep, he came up incredibly short.

DJ Leon Smith
08-30-2011, 12:51 PM
How come now rebounds are so important but when people bring up Jordan's huge games where he'd have 60+ points, 15+ rebounds and 5+ assists, Kobe fans say "81 POINTS".

EricForman
08-30-2011, 01:47 PM
in most important game of his life
he missed 20 shots and had total of 1 rebound and 1 assist

You're trying to show that Jordan had a bad game here right? You're referring to 98, game 6, where Pippen was hurt and nothing more than a decoy, and Jordan put the team on his back and carried them offensively (at times on the floor with Jud Buchelr, STeve Kerr, Luc Longley, and 37 year old Rodman), right?

You're referring to the game where Jordan had arguably the clutchest, most i'm-taking-over-this-game-we-ain't-losing final minute in the HISTORY OF ALL BASKETBALL, right?

:oldlol:

You're trying to paint this picture of Jordan not having a good game because of his assists and rebound numbers, right?

TRY AGAIN, YOU'VE FAILED.

Stick with picking on Lebron to make Kobe look superior, because the moment you pull Jordan into this, you lose your case completely. Kobe, right now, still has a case for being "better/superior" than Lebron. He has zero case against Jordan.

OldSchoolBBall
08-30-2011, 01:48 PM
He also was an SG that came up clutch and collected 15 boards in what is probably the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard of all time in a game 7. I've never seen Jordan for example come up so big with so many clutch rebounds.

Then you clearly haven't watched enough Jordan games. :oldlol: Kobe had 4 defensive rebounds in the 4th quarter in game 7 (no offensive boards), with the last one coming with 4:16 remaining in the game. That's not "clutch" time, sorry. Compare that with Jordan, who had 4 boards in the 4th quarter of game 7 vs. Indiana (2 offensive) including a huge offensive rebound with 1:50 left over 3 Pacers and a crucial defensive rebound with 16 seconds left (Jordan had 5 offensive boards that game, Kobe had 4 o-rebs).

This is not even to mention all the other games I could cite (Jordan only played in 3 game 7's in his career). Jordan was definitely a better and more clutch rebounder than Kobe in both the regular and postseason. Great effort on the boards by Kobe that game, but let's stop with the hyperbole.

rmt
08-30-2011, 01:50 PM

For some reason, I find the bolded statements so funny - must be frustrating to want it so much and can't perform.

"... the more I tried to push, the more it kept getting away from me.”

"... I wanted it so bad, and sometimes when you want it so bad, it slips away from you. My guys picked me up.” - Kobe

Anyway, here's the coach's opinion (and my impression too):

"Ron Artest was the most valuable player tonight," Phil Jackson said. "He brought life to our team."

EricForman
08-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Then you clearly haven't watched enough Jordan games. :oldlol: Kobe had 4 defensive rebounds in the 4th quarter in game 7 (no offensive boards), with the last one coming with 4:16 remaining in the game. That's not "clutch" time, sorry. Compare that with Jordan, who had 4 boards in the 4th quarter of game 7 vs. Indiana (2 offensive) including a huge offensive rebound with 1:50 left over 3 Pacers and a crucial defensive rebound with 16 seconds left

This is not even to mention all the other games I could cite (Jordan only played in 3 game 7's in his career). Jordan was definitely a better and more clutch rebounder than Kobe in both the regular and postseason. Great effort on the boards by Kobe that game, but let's stop with the hyperbole.

Thank you for putting the trolls back in place. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, Kobe's rebounds weren't nearly as crucial or important as Gasol's rebound. I was writing that going off by memory (I have seen the game multiple times, with 3 months ago most recent), but thank you for giving a exact number--Kobe's last rebound came with 4:16 remaining in the game.

I'm not dissing Kobe's 15 rebounds. 15 rebounds is 15 rebounds is 15 rebounds--it's impressive. But these Kobe trolls trying to paint Kobe as some savior for the team by willing himself to crash the boards?

go home with that bullsh*t.

Like I've mentioned, most of his rebounds came form standing around 15 feet and the ball just bouncing his way. They weren't "controlling the paint" type of rebounds. GASOL AND BYNUM were pounding/protecting the paint. (Yes, Bynum didn't have a high total number, but watch the first quarter, him and Gasol killed the inside and kept getting Lakers second and third chance shots).

And the whole "Jordan's never grabbed as many rebounds in a game 7"???

WTF kinda gimmicky qualifier achievement is that? Jordan never grabbed 15 boards in a game 7... could it be because he played in few game 7s and he didn't play against a team who missed so many shots?

LOL at these gimmick achievements. Here, I'll give you Kobe stans a few more:

I'm sure Jordan has never hit back-to-back threes to beat Portland to clinch a Pacific division title.

Jordan never once, in his life, tipped in a crucial missed shot to beat the Pacers after Shaq fouled out.

Jordan has not hit one clutch NBA shots in 2010, while Kobe has hit a few.

DAMN, Kobe's achieved so much that Jordan never could do!!!

catch24
08-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Thank you for putting the trolls back in place. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, Kobe's rebounds weren't nearly as crucial or important as Gasol's rebound. I was writing that going off by memory (I have seen the game multiple times, with 3 months ago most recent), but thank you for giving a exact number--Kobe's last rebound came with 4:16 remaining in the game.

I'm not dissing Kobe's 15 rebounds. 15 rebounds is 15 rebounds is 15 rebounds--it's impressive. But these Kobe trolls trying to paint Kobe as some savior for the team by willing himself to crash the boards?

go home with that bullsh*t.

Like I've mentioned, most of his rebounds came form standing around 15 feet and the ball just bouncing his way. They weren't "controlling the paint" type of rebounds. GASOL AND BYNUM were pounding/protecting the paint. (Yes, Bynum didn't have a high total number, but watch the first quarter, him and Gasol killed the inside and kept getting Lakers second and third chance shots).

And the whole "Jordan's never grabbed as many rebounds in a game 7"???

WTF kinda gimmicky qualifier achievement is that? Jordan never grabbed 15 boards in a game 7... could it be because he played in few game 7s and he didn't play against a team who missed so many shots?

LOL at these gimmick achievements. Here, I'll give you Kobe stans a few more:

I'm sure Jordan has never hit back-to-back threes to beat Portland to clinch a Pacific division title.

Jordan never once, in his life, tipped in a crucial missed shot to beat the Pacers after Shaq fouled out.

Jordan has not hit one clutch NBA shots in 2010, while Kobe has hit a few.

DAMN, Kobe's achieved so much that Jordan never could do!!!

Is that a pic of you in your avatar?

eliteballer
08-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Dude was playing on a busted knee, that makes his performance all the more remarkable.

eliteballer
08-30-2011, 05:29 PM
The KNEE is the most crucial body part to playing basketball well(but you're clearly too young and too stupid to realize that). Someones jealous Kobe can play through the pain but McGrady can't:oldlol:

RRR3
08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
The KNEE is the most crucial body part to playing basketball well(but you're clearly too young and too stupid to realize that). Someones jealous Kobe can play through the pain but McGrady can't:oldlol:
:facepalm No one could play through the injuries McGrady had, you ****ing moron. LOL @ you for bringing T-Mac up. Still gloating over the fact he got hurt which allowed your boy Kobe to become the Best SG in the league?

eliteballer
08-30-2011, 05:33 PM
This game showed no D playing McGrady was never on his level, Kobe completely locked him down in the 4th too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8RndUf-0Y

RRR3
08-30-2011, 05:39 PM
This game showed no D playing McGrady was never on his level, Kobe completely locked him down in the 4th too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8RndUf-0Y
Whatever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9CntY6PoE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK_MHTgIFuw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds5JbmRS-Pk

LBJDWADE63
08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Kobe =one of worst final performers

Deal with it.

winwin
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM
You're trying to show that Jordan had a bad game here right? You're referring to 98, game 6, where Pippen was hurt and nothing more than a decoy, and Jordan put the team on his back and carried them offensively (at times on the floor with Jud Buchelr, STeve Kerr, Luc Longley, and 37 year old Rodman), right?

You're referring to the game where Jordan had arguably the clutchest, most i'm-taking-over-this-game-we-ain't-losing final minute in the HISTORY OF ALL BASKETBALL, right?

:oldlol:

You're trying to paint this picture of Jordan not having a good game because of his assists and rebound numbers, right?

TRY AGAIN, YOU'VE FAILED. ... EricForman

Stick with picking on Lebron to make Kobe look superior, because the moment you pull Jordan into this, you lose your case completely. Kobe, right now, still has a case for being "better/superior" than Lebron. He has zero case against Jordan.
lol NO. wrong

you're missing the point

kobe missed 18 shots and had 15 rebponds and 2 Assists
Mike missed 20 shots and had 1 rebound and 1 assist.

yet people say

''the clutchest, most i'm-taking-over-this-game-we-ain't-losing final minute in the HISTORY OF ALL BASKETBALL for MJ''

and ''wow that was horrible game for kobe''

they both found away to win . both '' we're-taking-over-this-game-we-ain't-losing ''

TRY AGAIN, YOU'VE FAILED. .. EricForman

kobe 10 points in 4th

I have never seen himso ferocious on the boards. It seemed like every time a Boston shot went up, there was Kobe ripping down the board. And I do mean

Heavincent
08-30-2011, 08:01 PM
LOL Kobe wasn't "ripping" down shit stop lying to yourself. I watched that whole game and his performance was downright pathetic (still probably was the MVP of the series tho)

It wasn't pathetic. It was a poor shooting performance in a game where everyone else also shot poorly. Kobe scored 10 points in the fourth and grabbed 15 boards. He did what he had to do to win.

Nick Young
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

RRR3
08-30-2011, 08:21 PM
It wasn't pathetic. It was a poor shooting performance in a game where everyone else also shot poorly. Kobe scored 10 points in the fourth and grabbed 15 boards. He did what he had to do to win.
It was pathetic. He has bad games. Get over with it. I never said he was pathetic. Everyone has pathetic games stop rushing to defend your hero whenever anyone points out he's not perfect.

AlphaWolf24
08-30-2011, 08:52 PM
It was pathetic. He has bad games. Get over with it. I never said he was pathetic. Everyone has pathetic games stop rushing to defend your hero whenever anyone points out he's not perfect.
yup...Mad as hell...

B@ck2B@ck after 3 straight.....made em' when it counts..

next

AlphaWolf24
08-30-2011, 09:04 PM
You: :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah
Me::sleeping

6 smiles????????????

Mad o' meter = 8.1/10

next

shadow
08-30-2011, 10:06 PM
LOL Kobe wasn't "ripping" down shit stop lying to yourself. I watched that whole game and his performance was downright pathetic (still probably was the MVP of the series tho)

Not true. He snatched some boards with multiple Celtics around him. Him and Gasol were beasting on the boards for LA and combined for way more than half of the team's total. Give credit where it is due.

RRR3
08-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Not true. He snatched some boards with multiple Celtics around him. Him and Gasol were beasting on the boards for LA and combined for way more than half of the team's total. Give credit where it is due.
I did give credit. I said he was still probably the MVp of that series. What more do you want? Sheesh.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-30-2011, 10:13 PM
6 smiles????????????

Mad o' meter = 8.1/10

next

I see what you did there

kaiiu
08-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Kobe dominated the glass with a ferocity only a Prime Rodman can relate to. We aint worthy ni99a :bowdown:

Simple Jack
08-30-2011, 11:23 PM

Doing what you had to do to win doesn't make it a good game. And what he really had to do that game was make some buckets instead of the insanely poor shot selection he had all game.

Not that it matters, one game (or series) doesn't define a players career. Clearly that wasn't Kobe at his best and trying to argue that it was is....stupid

shadow
08-31-2011, 12:11 AM
I did give credit. I said he was still probably the MVp of that series. What more do you want? Sheesh.
I think it's quite clear. You trashed his rebounding i defended it. Or did you simply not understand what you wrote?

TryToBeUnbias
08-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Amazing. The logical post get ignored, The troll post get all the attention, and the same shit repeats. Definition of insanity ?

Wouldn't it easier to ignore the trolls/stans/obvious haters and stricktly respound to the posters with as much of an unbias perspective as possible ?

**** it :violin:

Heavincent
08-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Not that it matters, one game (or series) doesn't define a players career. Clearly that wasn't Kobe at his best and trying to argue that it was is....stupid

Yes, because I said that it was the best game Kobe has ever played.

Reading comprehension :applause:

thejumpa
08-31-2011, 03:01 AM
OP is a homo....Heavencent is a homo....and alphawolf is another homo. Yall can't do anything without Kobes dick in your mouth. Get a life.

Heavincent
08-31-2011, 03:03 AM
OP is a homo....Heavencent is a homo....and alphawolf is another homo. Yall can't do anything without Kobes dick in your mouth. Get a life.

I haven't said anything ridiculous in this thread, but okay.

Christ, I just said his game 7 performance wasn't pathetic. Sorry if that offends you so much.

thejumpa
08-31-2011, 03:08 AM
I haven't said anything ridiculous in this thread, but okay.

Christ, I just said his game 7 performance wasn't pathetic. Sorry if that offends you so much.

My bad....prolly meant Mr. I'm So Rad then...he's always saying stupid shit:confusedshrug:

Personally, I don't give 2 shits about this game. Kobe played like shit but they won. It was like 2 years ago. Whatever.

All Net
08-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Amazing. The logical post get ignored, The troll post get all the attention, and the same shit repeats. Definition of insanity ?

Wouldn't it easier to ignore the trolls/stans/obvious haters and stricktly respound to the posters with as much of an unbias perspective as possible ?

**** it :violin:

If only

Maybe everybody who isn't a troll should use the ignore feature.

Kobe 4 The Win
08-31-2011, 04:03 AM
Kobe shot like crap most of the game but he and the Lakers did what it took to win that game. They grinded out a win. They played great defense and rebounded the hell out of the basketball and took home the hardware.

Kobe played like a god most of the playoffs and through the finals. A deserving MVP. Kobe has never been carried to anything, even when the Shaquille was there. Game 7 wasn't Kobe's best shooting performance but his determination and will to win got him those 15 rebounds and helped them beat a great defensive team in the Boston Celtics. He left it all out there on the floor and he refused to lose and refused to QUIT

Lebron on the other hand................

sekachu
08-31-2011, 04:19 AM
Yes he shot a low percentage but let us look at the big picture

Kobe didn't choke in game 7 he had 15 rebounds, how many SGs have had 15 boards in the game 7 of a finals, I don't think I've ever seen such great tenacity on the boards from a 2. It was one of the greatest rebounding performances in finals history, the reason Kobe missed so many shots was because he was busy scooping up all the boards at a Moses Malone rate and shutting down Ray Allen on defense.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Without Kobe's 15 boards I don't see how the Lakers could have won that game, Kobe does whatever it takes to win, when he needs to score he scores, when he needs to board he boards, and the results speak for themselves.

So the next time you say "Kobe had a shitty game 7 vs Boston" think and ask yourself how many shooting guards have you ever seen collect 15 rebounds in one game, LET ALONE IN A GAME 7 OF THE NBA FINALS

15 rebounds for a SG is great but let not overrate it

Kobe 4 The Win
08-31-2011, 04:23 AM
It's not being over-rated. 15 boards is 15 boards. The team that won the rebounding battle won all of those finals games. Fact.

the_wise_one
08-31-2011, 04:41 AM
LOL he choked. The refs saved him and the fakers. You got your tainted ring. Let's move on.

EricForman
08-31-2011, 05:43 AM
so one kobe troll (winwin) is saying Kobe's game 7 is better than Mike's final game as a bull because of 15 rebounds. :facepalm

Simple Jack
08-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Yes, because I said that it was the best game Kobe has ever played.

Reading comprehension :applause:

What I meant to say was that game wasn't an example of Kobe playing well despite people in here trying to argue that he did, even with the horrid decision making/shot selection. Not only was it "not Kobe playing well", it was in fact, a horrid game from a player of his caliber.

Simple Jack
08-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Phong, why don't you use your spare time (God knows you have hours of it) to put a gif together of all of Kobe's rebounds in this game.

guy
08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
If Ray Allen has a respectable game instead of missing a bunch of easy shots he would normally make (he had a horrible game cause he was off, he was not defended well), and the Lakers lose, Kobe's 6-24 game goes down as a huge chokejob and no one is even talking about the 15 rebounds. I know people will say "it doesnt matter cause Ray Allen didn't have a respectable game", but its worth noting cause its not like the Lakers really had anything to do with Ray shooting so badly. The reason the Lakers won is cause the Celtics were gassed out in the end and Ray Allen was horrible for the whole game. Not saying thats an excuse cause the Lakers were still the better team because of it. But its not like Kobe had this huge performance and thats why they won.

Forget about the rebounds. Check the reactions of everyone here, in the media, and the Lakers themselves for the few days after the game. NO ONE was saying Kobe had a good game. Everyone was saying his teammates stepped up big and made up for Kobe not meeting expectations. Everyone was saying the Celtics fu*ked up in the end. But as time goes by, more and more people seem to just look at the boxscore and say "well he shot 6-24, but HE HAD 15 REBOUNDS, OMG GREAT GAME!!!" But when it was fresh in everyone's minds and people were less dependent on the box score, barely anyone was saying that.

NumberSix
09-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Seriously though, 6 of 24 is pretty bad. It's literally the worst performance of any player that received the finals MVP.

Kobe.

Jacks3
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Too bad he averaged 30/6/5/2/55% TS/27+ PER through 6 games, and 29/8/4/2/53% TS/26 PER for the series.lol @ worst performance. Stupid haters. :roll:

NumberSix
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Too bad he averaged 30/6/5/2/55% TS/27+ PER through 6 games, and 29/8/4/2/53% TS/26 PER for the series.lol @ worst performance. Stupid haters. :roll:
The thread isn't about what he averaged over 6 games. It's about game 7. To say he played bad in game 7 isn't being a "hater". It's just true. Even great players have bad games. Nothing wrong with calling it how it is.

PTB Fan
09-02-2011, 11:30 AM
One of Kobe's greatest games ever...versus a dominant defensive team...

guy
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM

If thats one of his greatest games ever thats really underrating him or more proof that he's one of the most overrated players ever.

rmt
09-02-2011, 12:26 PM

Then that's some low standard for a top 10 player - most overrated player ever.

LakersFan626
09-02-2011, 02:24 PM
6/24

25%FG

for god's sake, Give Finals MVP to Gasol or Artest for hitting the 3-pointer.

next

To be fair, Gasol shot 6-16 himself, which is the equivalent of Kobe going 6-24 because he plays closer to the basket, and was a non-factor in game 5. Artest also shot under 50% in that game too... all three played well in that game (I can look past 6-24 when everything else was a big reason the Lakers won the championship) but if it wasn't for Kobe's rebounds and getting to the line in that game the Celtics would have won it all, because those boards and free throws were just as important as Gasol's, as well as Artest and Fisher's baskets in the 4th.

EricForman
09-02-2011, 03:07 PM
To be fair, Gasol shot 6-16 himself, which is the equivalent of Kobe going 6-24 because he plays closer to the basket, and was a non-factor in game 5. Artest also shot under 50% in that game too... all three played well in that game (I can look past 6-24 when everything else was a big reason the Lakers won the championship) but if it wasn't for Kobe's rebounds and getting to the line in that game the Celtics would have won it all, because those boards and free throws were just as important as Gasol's, as well as Artest and Fisher's baskets in the 4th.

You can argue that Kobe wasn't bad in thegame, but please don't try to argue that Kobe was "as good" as Gasol or Artest that game. Those two both had better games that Kobe that particular night. Artest was a beast in the first half and Gasol had several HUGE rebounds in the 4th. Kobe's first half hero mode play also hurt the team more than helping it.

BTW, 626? Alhambra/San Gabriel?

Big#50
09-02-2011, 04:50 PM
If it wasn't for the zebras Celtics blow them out.

All Net
09-02-2011, 06:29 PM
You can argue that Kobe wasn't bad in thegame, but please don't try to argue that Kobe was "as good" as Gasol or Artest that game. Those two both had better games that Kobe that particular night. Artest was a beast in the first half and Gasol had several HUGE rebounds in the 4th. Kobe's first half hero mode play also hurt the team more than helping it.

I don't think there is any doubt Artest was the player of the game on both ends.

Pau made big plays too, key rebounds and that turn around which almost sealed it.

Good times.

Eric Cartman
09-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Hater Troll is Hating

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Then that's some low standard for a top 10 player - most overrated player ever.
Duncan in 05 Game 7: 10-28

Truly the most overrated player ever.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
The thread isn't about what he averaged over 6 games. It's about game 7. To say he played bad in game 7 isn't being a "hater". It's just true. Even great players have bad games. Nothing wrong with calling it how it is.
Stupid haters like yourself forgot his brilliance through 6 games--30/6/5/2/56% TS. Not to mention how clutch he was in that game 7 in the 4th Q:

10 pts/61% TS/4 Reb/2 Ast.

:pimp:

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
If thats one of his greatest games ever thats really underrating him or more proof that he's one of the most overrated players ever.
No, the most overrated ever would be Jordan. ****ing idiot.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:30 PM

He was better than either Artest or Gasol, you moron.

RRR3
09-02-2011, 07:34 PM
He was better than either Artest or Gasol, you moron.
Not in that game he wasn't.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:37 PM
He easily was. Stupid retarded haters making shit up.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Kobe through 6 games: 30/6/5/2/56% TS
Kobe in Game 7: Easily the best player
Kobe for entire series: 29/8/4/2/1/53%/26+ PER

Kobe: 5 rings and counting,

Haters furious. :roll:

RRR3
09-02-2011, 07:42 PM

Yeah Kobe was great in the first 6 games. Doesn't change the fact that he was godawful in game 7.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Too bad he was still the best player on the entire court, played great D, rebounded incredibly well, and was brilliant in the 4th Q. Retarded haters are retarded.

RRR3
09-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Too bad he was still the best player on the entire court, played great D, rebounded incredibly well, and was brilliant in the 4th Q. Retarded haters are retarded.
LOL he hit a few free throws. Whoop-de-damn-do. You're retarded shooting 6-27 or whatever he shot is inexcusable if you're supposed to be someone in the running for GOAT.:roll:

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
10 pts/60% TS/4 Ast/2 Reb. Had a hand in nearly every single point by the Lakers in the last 7-8 minutes. Brilliant 4th Q indeed. Easily the best player for the game. ****ing idiot.

Haters furious. :oldlol:

RRR3
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
10 pts/60% TS/4 Ast/2 Reb. Had a hand in nearly every single point by the Lakers in the last 7-8 minutes. Brilliant 4th Q indeed. Easily the best player for the game. ****ing idiot.

Haters furious. :oldlol:
You're obviously too petrified to actually list his terrible numbers from that game. ROFLMFAO! :roll:

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Retarded haters mad that Bryant was easily the best player in Game 7, was brilliant in the 4th, and had a brilliant series overall to win yet another ring. That's 5 and counting bitches.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 08:21 PM

RRR3
09-02-2011, 08:32 PM

You're too scared to post his complete stats from game 7 lol!

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 08:33 PM

kaiiu
09-02-2011, 08:33 PM
You're too scared to post his complete stats from game 7 lol!
1/5/2

1 Ring that night. 5 Rings in total. 2 FMVPs total

RRR3
09-02-2011, 08:46 PM
1/5/2

1 Ring that night. 5 Rings in total. 2 FMVPs total
Those are career achievements. I meant stats from the game. I'll wait.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 08:49 PM

Friday
09-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Retarded haters mad that Bryant was easily the best player in Game 7, was brilliant in the 4th, and had a brilliant series overall to win yet another ring. That's 5 and counting bitches.

Kobe was the best player in the 2010 Finals but Gasol was clearly better in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA finals.

RRR3
09-02-2011, 08:51 PM

Post the stats from the whole game. Oh wait, you won't you're too much of a coward and you're going to just post the same damn shit over and over again.
WAAAAAAHHHHH! WHAT DA YA MEAN KOBE SHOT 6-24!!! WAAAAAAH!!!!! I DON' WANNA ADMIT IT!! WAAAAAAHHH
http://www.idontwannagrowup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/funny-crying-baby-snot-bubble.jpg

kaiiu
09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Those are career achievements. I meant stats from the game. I'll wait.
those are his game stats. He achieved those in this game :confusedshrug:

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 08:57 PM

Haters furious. Keep crying, you little bitches. :oldlol:

RRR3
09-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Haters furious. Keep crying, you little bitches. :oldlol:

You're a disgrace. You keep avoiding posting the complete stats from game 7 because you know it makes your precious Kobe look bad. Can you admit that he has bad games? Jesus christ I'm tired of you going
"KOBE!!!! DURR HURR!!!! http://static.gamekult.com/i/forum/icones/icon40.gif" in every ****ing thread

Friday
09-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Kobe in Game 7: Easily the best player:
How was he better than Pau? Pau was more productive and efficient than Kobe was in Game 7.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 09:03 PM

Haters furious. Keep crying, you little bitches. :cry: Kobe got yet another ring.
:cry:

****ing *******s. :roll:

RRR3
09-02-2011, 09:04 PM

Haters furious. Keep crying, you little bitches. :cry: Kobe got yet another ring.
:cry:

****ing *******s. :roll:

Post the stats for the whole game. You realize how stupid and cowardly you are making yourself look, don't you?

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 09:05 PM
http://odw-final-zac.wikispaces.com/file/view/kobe-lakers-win-championship-327.jpg

Keep crying, you little bitches. :oldlol:

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 09:07 PM
http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nike-kobe-bryant-4-rings-06.jpg

Bitch-ass haters pissed he got that 5th. ****ing *******s. :oldlol:

catch24
09-02-2011, 09:08 PM

What a train wreck... Not like this thread was any good to begin with though.

RRR3
09-02-2011, 09:09 PM
http://odw-final-zac.wikispaces.com/file/view/kobe-lakers-win-championship-327.jpg

Keep crying, you little bitches. :oldlol:
Yep, typical Kobe fan. If all else fails, fall back on the old "Kobe and the legend of the 5 magic rings" argument. Unoriginality FTW!

HURR DURR! 5 RINGZ!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/FYy0e.jpg

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 09:10 PM
http://images.theage.com.au/ftage/ffximage/2009/06/15/svKOBE_narrowweb__300x461,0.jpg

Retarded haters so furious. :oldlol:

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 09:11 PM

Keep crying, *******. It must burn. :oldlol:

RRR3
09-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Keep crying, *******. It must burn. :oldlol:
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/06/Epic--Fail-poster.jpg

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 09:18 PM

Let that hate burn, you ****ing morons. :oldlol:

winwin
09-02-2011, 09:20 PM
according to RRR3
Mike Jordan's geartest game was terrible because:
he missed 20 shots ans had total of 1 rebound and 1 assist

RRR3
09-02-2011, 09:21 PM
according to RRR3
he missed 20 shots ans had total of 1 rebpound and 1 assist
That wasn't his greatest game at all. Hitting a game winner=/= great game.

winwin
09-02-2011, 09:31 PM
That wasn't his greatest game at all. Hitting a game winner=/= great game.
ok great game ..so acoording to yoy:

Mike 20 missed shots, 1 rebound, 1 assist and a game winner = great game

Kobe 18 missed shots, 15 rebound, 2 assist and great defense and great 4th Q= bad game?

ok

RRR3
09-02-2011, 09:39 PM
ok great game ..so acoording to yoy:

Mike 20 missed shots, 1 rebound, 1 assist and a game winner = great game

Kobe 18 missed shots, 15 rebound, 2 assist and great defense and great 4th Q= bad game?

ok
When did I say that game by Jordan was great?

Doranku
09-02-2011, 09:43 PM

How mad are you guys?

Friday
09-02-2011, 09:44 PM
If Ray Allen has a respectable game instead of missing a bunch of easy shots he would normally make (he had a horrible game cause he was off, he was not defended well), and the Lakers lose, Kobe's 6-24 game goes down as a huge chokejob and no one is even talking about the 15 rebounds. I know people will say "it doesnt matter cause Ray Allen didn't have a respectable game", but its worth noting cause its not like the Lakers really had anything to do with Ray shooting so badly. The reason the Lakers won is cause the Celtics were gassed out in the end and Ray Allen was horrible for the whole game. Not saying thats an excuse cause the Lakers were still the better team because of it. But its not like Kobe had this huge performance and thats why they won.

Forget about the rebounds. Check the reactions of everyone here, in the media, and the Lakers themselves for the few days after the game. NO ONE was saying Kobe had a good game. Everyone was saying his teammates stepped up big and made up for Kobe not meeting expectations. Everyone was saying the Celtics fu*ked up in the end. But as time goes by, more and more people seem to just look at the boxscore and say "well he shot 6-24, but HE HAD 15 REBOUNDS, OMG GREAT GAME!!!" But when it was fresh in everyone's minds and people were less dependent on the box score, barely anyone was saying that.
/ of thread.

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Keep crying, you *******s. :oldlol:

winwin
09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
When did I say that game by Jordan was great?
missunderstood ..so
what do you think of that game by Jordan?

Jacks3
09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nike-kobe-bryant-4-rings-06.jpg

Ya'll mad? ****ing bitches. :oldlol:

RRR3
09-02-2011, 10:02 PM
missunderstood ..so
what do you think of that game by Jordan?
Well, I'm missing some details still (how many shots did he make for example) because people only focus on the game winner he hit. Sounds like he had a poor game though, but I'll give him credit for the game winner. And I was 6 when that happened and didn't watch. I did watch Kobe in game 7 2010 so I'm not basing this off stats...he played poorly period. He still deserved FMVP though.

kaiiu
09-02-2011, 10:10 PM
:oldlol: this last page

zay_24
09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Kobe did whatever he had to to get the win, his shot wasn't going in so instead he decided to put up the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard of all time.

Think about it people. 15 boards in a game 7 would be amazing for a center, small forward or power forward. Kobe did it as a perimeter based shooting guard including 11 amazing defensive rebounds:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I never thought of it like this, but you're right, just another reason why BEAN is the GOAT:bowdown: :bowdown:

kaiiu
09-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I never thought of it like this, but you're right, just another reason why BEAN is the GOAT:bowdown: :bowdown:

Kobe dominated the glass with a ferocity only a Prime Rodman can relate to. We aint worthy ni99a

:bowdown:

zay_24
09-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Dat negga Bean stay givin haters somethin to talk about :bowdown:

joccin on yall biitch ass:applause:

kaiiu
09-02-2011, 10:30 PM
They mad Kobe got that bling blah burrrrrr.

So Icey fvck ni99as

The-Legend-24
09-02-2011, 10:33 PM
http://www.cappersinfo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/kobe-championship.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kobe+Bryant+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Media+Day+QpQ-2ET5qfrl.jpg
http://www.4thandblitzed.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2001-02_blog.jpg
http://thebasketballoracle.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/kobe-bryant-finals-mvp-holds-the-larry-obrien-trophy-as-well-as-the-finals-mvp-award.jpg
http://www.fulcrumgallery.com/product-images/P670339-01/kobe-bryant-2010-nba-finals-game-7-championship-trophy5-fingers-in-studio27.jpg

Get mad fakkits more rings than anyone from 00-10. :oldlol: :bowdown:

kaiiu
09-02-2011, 10:34 PM
http://www.cappersinfo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/kobe-championship.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kobe+Bryant+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Media+Day+QpQ-2ET5qfrl.jpg
http://www.4thandblitzed.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/2001-02_blog.jpg
http://thebasketballoracle.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/kobe-bryant-finals-mvp-holds-the-larry-obrien-trophy-as-well-as-the-finals-mvp-award.jpg
http://www.fulcrumgallery.com/product-images/P670339-01/kobe-bryant-2010-nba-finals-game-7-championship-trophy5-fingers-in-studio27.jpg

Get mad fakkits more rings than anyone from 00-10. :oldlol: :bowdown:
#Burr

EricForman
09-03-2011, 03:02 AM
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jordaniconic4.jpg

http://www.sportsdesktopwallpaper.net/backgrounds/michael-jordan/superstar_jordan_casual_with_rings.jpg

EricForman
09-03-2011, 03:03 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/kobe-snuggie.png

Eat Like A Bosh
09-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Kobe may not have had his best game in G7, but without a doubt, he was the best player in the series. And he didn't choke, it's not like he cost the Lakers the tile.

RRR3
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Kobe may not have had his best game in G7, but without a doubt, he was the best player in the series. And he didn't choke, it's not like he cost the Lakers the tile.
He almost did, he got lucky. But yeah he deserved FMVP no doubt. But Kobe stans need to admit he wasn't the best player in game 7.

kaiiu
09-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Simply the best, the best.....

guy
09-04-2011, 03:36 PM
:oldlol: @ Jacks3's meltdown here. Is Kobe your ****ing daddy or something? We get it. 5 RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for criticizing your father.

guy
09-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, I'm missing some details still (how many shots did he make for example) because people only focus on the game winner he hit. Sounds like he had a poor game though, but I'll give him credit for the game winner. And I was 6 when that happened and didn't watch. I did watch Kobe in game 7 2010 so I'm not basing this off stats...he played poorly period. He still deserved FMVP though.

He went 15-35 from the field and 12-15 from the FT line to get his 45 points. Have you seen the 98 Finals game 6? Watch the game, ignore the boxscore, and look back at the reactions after the game. The opinions on Jordan's game 6 were completely different then Kobe's game 7. As you know, the common opinion of Kobe's game was that he didn't meet expectations and his teammates came up big for him. After Jordan's game, the common opinion was that he had a great game, played "Jordan-like" and had the perfect ending to his career, singlehandedly willed his team to victory as his teammates couldn't really do much (Pippen was playing injured and arguably shouldn't have even played, Rodman wasn't having a good series and was getting destroyed by Karl Malone, and the whole team in general was old with alot of mileage and it was clear that this was the last run). To put it in perspective on how much of a load he carried that game, he actually scored well over half of the Bulls' points.

RRR3
09-04-2011, 04:12 PM
He went 15-35 from the field and 12-15 from the FT line to get his 45 points. Have you seen the 98 Finals game 6? Watch the game, ignore the boxscore, and look back at the reactions after the game. The opinions on Jordan's game 6 were completely different then Kobe's game 7. As you know, the common opinion of Kobe's game was that he didn't meet expectations and his teammates came up big for him. After Jordan's game, the common opinion was that he had a great game, played "Jordan-like" and had the perfect ending to his career, singlehandedly willed his team to victory as his teammates couldn't really do much (Pippen was playing injured and arguably shouldn't have even played, Rodman wasn't having a good series and was getting destroyed by Karl Malone, and the whole team in general was old with alot of mileage and it was clear that this was the last run). To put it in perspective on how much of a load he carried that game, he actually scored well over half of the Bulls' points.

LOL I love how Kobe fans say "MJ missed 20 shots". He shot 43 %, which is a hell of a lot better than Kobe's 25%. Subpar for MJ, though. I should watch that game....

Nick Young
09-04-2011, 06:50 PM
according to RRR3
he missed 20 shots ans had total of 1 rebound and 1 assist
choke job, MJ only got 1 board, Kobe got 15:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

guy
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
choke job, MJ only got 1 board, Kobe got 15:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Right. Jordan with arguably the most clutch minute of basketball especially given the stage and circumstance had a choke job.