PDA

View Full Version : The Horrible Play By Ricky Rubio Continues

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Wicky Scrubio, "the next Pete Maravich", "the next Steve Nash", and the "savior of the Minnesota Timberwolves", had another "amazing and brilliant" game..........

http://www.eurobasket2011.com/en/cid_4,w7QjPeH-M,ty138LH2l3.gameID_7983-A-1-1.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2011.roundI D_7526.teamID_362.html

0-5 Field Goals
0-3 3 Point Field Goals
0-0 FT

0 Points
0 Rebounds
0 Assists

2 Steals
2 Turnovers
0 Blocks

-5 Player Ranking

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

RRR3
09-01-2011, 04:38 AM
GOAT! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Haymaker
09-01-2011, 04:49 AM
He ain't better than Jose Calderon.

OmniStrife
09-01-2011, 04:52 AM
I died at SCRUBIO! :roll:

Clutch
09-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Just look at what this guy was in Europe :roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
09-01-2011, 05:03 AM
[QUOTE=Clutch]Just look at what this guy was in Europe :roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:04 AM
[QUOTE=Clutch]Just look at what this guy was in Europe :roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
09-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Not one of those awards means anything.

They are youth awards for YOUTH players and the other one is from a weekly sports magazine and is not even a real award.

Damn to hell whomever is the moron that put that crap there on Wikipedia.

Americans do not have the brain power to understand that those awards are all totally meaningless and worthless and keep acting like they have some merit.

Rubio was the worst point guard in the Euroleague.

That is a FACT and some morons at Wikipedia keep tricking idiot Americans that don't know any better.
http://media.funlol.com/pictures/15353.jpg

Clutch
09-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Not one of those awards means anything.
They are youth awards for YOUTH players and the other one is from a weekly sports magazine and is not even a real award.
Damn to hell whomever is the moron that put that crap there on Wikipedia.
Americans do not have the brain power to understand that those awards are all totally meaningless and worthless and keep acting like they have some merit.
Rubio was the worst point guard in the Euroleague.
That is a FACT and some morons at Wikipedia keep tricking idiot Americans that don't know any better.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:08 AM
[QUOTE=Clutch]3

RRR3
09-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Are you retarded?

Seriously, are you retarded?

That is an award only for YOUTH AGE PLAYERS.

One more time, are you retarded?
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/10/12/9b7ffa27-2814-489b-b7e1-a27f20fcec2d.jpg

Clutch
09-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Are you retarded?
Mister Europe is not a real award idiot. It is an award given by a weekly newspaper with a 2000 circulation in Italy.

IT IS NOT A REAL AWARD AND NEVER WAS.
Do you have any brain power at all?
You are embarrassing yourself.
Too bad that Rubio didn't stay in Europe.
If Anthony Parker was the Euroleague MVP then Rubio could have been the GOAT :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

RRR3
09-01-2011, 05:41 AM
If Anthony Parker was the Euroleague MVP then Rubio could have been the GOAT :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://ayoungsabonis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rickyrubio.jpg

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:43 AM

Yeah, those 6 points and 3 assists on 30% shooting numbers sure were GOAT status.

patch123
09-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Are you retarded?

Mister Europe is not a real award idiot. It is an award given by a weekly newspaper with a 2000 circulation in Italy.

IT IS NOT A REAL AWARD AND NEVER WAS.

Do you have any brain power at all?

You are embarrassing yourself.

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/260x260/9373276.jpg

Vienceslav
09-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Based on what exactly did the Wolves draft him?
His 2008 olympic performances?

Clutch
09-01-2011, 05:45 AM
Yeah, those 6 points and 3 assists on 30% shooting numbers sure were GOAT status.
Ricky Rubio is better than any Greek player right now.
I may even say that he is better than any Greek that ever play the game of basketball

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:47 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/260x260/9373276.jpg

He posted YOUTH age awards and an award that is not even real as some kind of evidence that Rubio was a great pro level player - even though he was actually the worst point guard in the entire Euroleague.

He copied and pasted from Wikipedia and was such a lazy dumb ass that he did not even check to see what the awards even were.

Also, he is so lacking in basic basketball knowledge that he does not even know that Rubio was considered a great YOUTH player, but easily one of the worst players in Euroleague.

He tried to pass off one of the worst Euroleague players as "the best player in Europe" ans used some awards from Wikipedia (that do not even have anything to do with senior age Euroleague play) as proof of that.

In short, he is nothing but a troll and an idiot.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Ricky Rubio is better than any Greek player right now.
I may even say that he is better than any Greek that ever play the game of basketball

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :lol :roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm

This is unbelievable that you had the balls to post that.

Just go to infinite ignore. I won't even dignify with responding to such a dumb ass like you. You would be banned instantly in any European basketball forum. Hell you would be banned instantly even in a Spanish basketball forum.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Based on what exactly did the Wolves draft him?
His 2008 olympic performances?

Probably the comments like the ones in this thread from these moron NBA only fans.

They saw a youtuble clip and "heard he was good".

Obviously they did not draft him based on the fact that he was the worst point guard in the Euroleague.

one2
09-01-2011, 05:52 AM
LOL. I am glad this hack will fail. Maybe they should leave basketball to White Americans. Euros should be limited to just 2 per team. Just most euro league do with Americans. But then it would racist if Americans did it right?

Clutch
09-01-2011, 05:52 AM
:lol :oldlol: :roll: :lol :roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm

This is unbelievable that you had the balls to post that.

Just go to infinite ignore. I won't even dignify with responding to such a dumb ass like you. You would be banned instantly in any European basketball forum. Hell you would be banned instantly even in a Spanish basketball forum.
That's all you can say ?

You didn't convince me that any Greek player is/was better than Rubio.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Clutch you are on infinite ignore. Do NOT post to me again.

Clutch
09-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Clutch you are on infinite ignore. Do NOT post to me again.
Why am I on ignore ? Because I present things like they really are ?

CeltsGarlic
09-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Why am I on ignore ? Because I present things like they really are ?

I once respected u as a poster, but now srsly?Why to troll that much?

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Honestly...........Clutch has officially become the biggest troll in the history of this forum.

Clutch
09-01-2011, 06:03 AM
Honestly...........Clutch has officially become the biggest troll in the history of this forum.
You are surely the most annoying troll.
Everyone hates you and I understand them.
How can anyone love a poster who is from Arkansas but pretends to be Greek and doesn't know a thing about European basketball ?

Real Men Wear Green
09-01-2011, 07:23 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-DSk2dwUb04/TDC52MYEjnI/AAAAAAAABz4/EZ9s2ZFOUdc/s1600/carter.jpg

Lebowski
09-01-2011, 07:23 AM
..tricking idiot Americans that don't know any better.

But that is.. you?

On another note, if somehow Ricky is a success in the NBA whenever that starts, you'll have more fuel to your agenda. That would be great!

What is your problem with your own domestic league, the NBA, anyway? You cant call yourself a basketball fan and not like the NBA? I like both competitions, enjoy one more then the other tho.

Is your act a level, or are you suffering from something?

qrich
09-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Don't think Rubio will ever be a star, probably a better Goran Dragic or a Rick Brunson :oldlol:

But he does have the potential due to his age and how well he has done at times.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 07:29 AM
NBA isn't a domestic league. It's an international or regional league. Whichever you want to say it. But it's not a domestic league.

qrich
09-01-2011, 07:31 AM
NBA isn't a domestic league. It's an international or regional league. Whichever you want to say it. But it's not a domestic league.

All but ONE team is from the United States.

I guess by that logic, the rest of the pro leagues in the USA (well the top 5) minus the NFL aren't domestic either?

Lebowski
09-01-2011, 07:37 AM

Oh, I thought that meant a league in a country, altho I recall a team in Toronto now so that would not apply anyhow. Now when that has been settled, how about the rest of my post?

senelcoolidge
09-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Rubio is going to have a hard time in the NBA with real basketball players. It's not going to be pretty. I think they will hype him up at the beginning of the season..they might even start him. By the end of the season he will be on the bench.

alenleomessi
09-01-2011, 07:46 AM
funny how those americans never actually watched him and just look at stats and say he will never be a star
he can run an offense better than 80% of nba point guards
he wont have many points, but he will be one of the leaders in steals and assists
you can book that

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 07:59 AM
All but ONE team is from the United States.

I guess by that logic, the rest of the pro leagues in the USA (well the top 5) minus the NFL aren't domestic either?

They are not.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 08:00 AM
funny how those americans never actually watched him and just look at stats and say he will never be a star
he wont have many points, but he will be one of the leaders in steals and assists
you can book that

You sir are the one who has never seen him play. He can't even run the most basic of offensive sets in the half court properly.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Rubio is going to have a hard time in the NBA with real basketball players. It's not going to be pretty. I think they will hype him up at the beginning of the season..they might even start him. By the end of the season he will be on the bench.

That's funny, considering he was already a huge scrub playing against Euroleague players.

qrich
09-01-2011, 08:03 AM
They are not.

Fair enough if you want to call it that way then

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Fair enough if you want to call it that way then

Well, Canada has not been annexed by the USA as of yet.

Nick Young
09-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Don't think Rubio will ever be a star, probably a better Goran Dragic or a Rick Brunson :oldlol:

But he does have the potential due to his age and how well he has done at times.
what the ****, goran dragic is actually really good, if Ricky Rubio is lucky his prime will look like Goran Dragic's rookie year, seriously I think Scrubio is going to be a bigger flop than Shitnoulis was, atleast Shitnoulis could dominate against the euroscrubs, Ricky can't even do that, and by the way did I mention how mentally soft he is? Imagine Pau's mental fragility and then add on a typical woman's insecurity and that is the mind of ricky rubio

Nick Young
09-01-2011, 08:36 AM
you can book that
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
this will never happen.

He runs an offense the way Sebastian Telfair runs an offense-averagely. Ricky Rubio is the Sebastian Telfair of Spain.

BigTicket
09-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't get why people take such pleasure in hating on Rubio.

He was amazing for his age at 14-17, but hasn't developed since then. So what ? It's not like he's the first talent that doesn't develop the way people though he would, but he does seem to be alone in getting this much hate.

bagelred
09-01-2011, 08:53 AM
He runs an offense the way Sebastian Telfair runs an offense-averagely. Ricky Rubio is the Sebastian Telfair of Spain.

Interesting. You know in Spain, they call Sebastian Telfair the Ricky Rubio of the United States.

MiseryCityTexas
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
what the ****, goran dragic is actually really good, if Ricky Rubio is lucky his prime will look like Goran Dragic's rookie year, seriously I think Scrubio is going to be a bigger flop than Shitnoulis was, atleast Shitnoulis could dominate against the euroscrubs, Ricky can't even do that, and by the way did I mention how mentally soft he is? Imagine Pau's mental fragility and then add on a typical woman's insecurity and that is the mind of ricky rubio

Van Gundy not playing him was one of the biggest reasons why Spanoulis's career failed in the NBA. Also add to the fact that Spanoulis had a hard time adjusting to playing with teammates that are potentially equally as good or betetr than him. I remember all V-Span did in Houston was complain about lack of playing time, and How he was the the man at his home town compared to houston.

Droid101
09-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Van Gundy not playing him was one of the biggest reasons why Spanoulis's career failed in the NBA. Also add to the fact that Spanoulis had a hard time adjusting to playing with teammates that are potentially equally as good or betetr than him. I remember all V-Span did in Houston was complain about lack of playing time, and How he was the the man at his home town compared to houston.
Um, you do realize that's how EVERY NBA player's career starts right? They are the best at wherever they are (high school, college) and suddenly are in a league where everyone is as good as them.

He was a bitch and couldn't cut it. No biggie.

Chicago Ted
09-01-2011, 12:27 PM
LOL. I am glad this hack will fail. Maybe they should leave basketball to White Americans. Euros should be limited to just 2 per team. Just most euro league do with Americans. But then it would racist if Americans did it right?

This is stupid in so many levels that you should be ashamed.

Mr. I'm So Rad
09-01-2011, 12:27 PM

Don't forget, that was PRIME Anthony Parker :roll:

AirTupac
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
This guy was Euroleague's best player :oldlol:

GOAT Anthony Parker should teach him.

Clippersfan86
09-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Lol I know for a fact this guy is going to be a Marko Jaric type at best. Solid 9 and 7 guy with active hands on D. All the Wolves fans acting like he's going to turn the ship around this year or within 3 years are annoying. I'm very glad by this news because a top 5 2012 pick for the Clippers is very likely if this guy isn't indeed some sort of franchise savior. I wish the Wolves well after this season but this season I'm going to be rooting against the Wolves as if they were a rival team.

Chicago Ted
09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
And, Euroleage, this is a lose-lose situation for you, if Rubio sucks in the NBA people will mock you saying european baskeball is crap and if rubio does ok they will laugh of you for being wrong.

MiseryCityTexas
09-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Um, you do realize that's how EVERY NBA player's career starts right? They are the best at wherever they are (high school, college) and suddenly are in a league where everyone is as good as them.

thats what im saying, he was a crybaby in houston, and his attitude is is what hindered his chances at playing time in the nba.

Droid101
09-01-2011, 01:14 PM
thats what im saying, he was a crybaby in houston, and his attitude is is what hindered his chances at playing time in the nba.
Oh.

:cheers:

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 01:25 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
this will never happen.

Actually, this is true.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 01:29 PM

Spanoulis is 100 times better than Rafer Alson, John Lucas III, Luther Head.

He had a reason to complain. Van Gundy told him flat out he was not going to play because he hated every European player except Dirk and he wanted him off the team.

So yeah, he had a reason to sulk and complain.

Kosta Koufos told US MEDIA that Spanoulis is as good or probably even better than Deron Williams is. He said that Spanoulis was at least as good or better than Williams.

He should know, since he played with both of them. He said this while he was a teammate of Williams also.

RRR3
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM

He had a reason to complain. Van Gundy told him flat out he was not going to play because he hated every European player except Dirk and he wanted him off the team.

Kosta Koufos told US MEDIA that Spanoulis is as good or probably even better than Deron Williams is. He said that Spanoulis was at least as good or better than Williams.

He should know, since he played with both of them. He said this while he was a teammate of Williams also.
:roll:

Nick Young
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
He couldn't even start ahead of Rafer Alston, that's how much he sucked. He mentally thought he was the best player on the team or atleast equal to McGrady but in reality he couldn't even beat out Rafer Alston for the starters job and I dunno who the second string PG was but he couldn't beat out him either which is why he was Houston's 3rd string PG. If he was good enough he would have gotten minutes because Van Gundy hated Alston.

Rubio peaked when he was 15, the reason I hate on him is because there are all these idiot American fans who never have seen him play but assume he's going to be like Jason Kidd when in reality he's going to be like Rajon Rondo without the passing ability, rebounding ability or athleticism and mentally weaker.

Nick Young
09-01-2011, 01:35 PM

OMG If Kosta Koufos said it it must be true, Koufos the GOAT talent evaluator:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Lol I know for a fact this guy is going to be a Marko Jaric type at best. Solid 9 and 7 guy with active hands on D. All the Wolves fans acting like he's going to turn the ship around this year or within 3 years are annoying. I'm very glad by this news because a top 5 2012 pick for the Clippers is very likely if this guy isn't indeed some sort of franchise savior. I wish the Wolves well after this season but this season I'm going to be rooting against the Wolves as if they were a rival team.

He is not close to as good as Jaric is.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
:roll:

Are you calling Koufos a liar?

Look it up troll. He said this in a US interview to Ohio State reporters.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 01:46 PM
He couldn't even start ahead of Rafer Alston, that's how much he sucked. He mentally thought he was the best player on the team or atleast equal to McGrady but in reality he couldn't even beat out Rafer Alston for the starters job and I dunno who the second string PG was but he couldn't beat out him either which is why he was Houston's 3rd string PG. If he was good enough he would have gotten minutes because Van Gundy hated Alston.

Rubio peaked when he was 15, the reason I hate on him is because there are all these idiot American fans who never have seen him play but assume he's going to be like Jason Kidd when in reality he's going to be like Rajon Rondo without the passing ability, rebounding ability or athleticism and mentally weaker.

Stop making up lies. The ridiculous lying in this forum is not fun anymore. Spanoulis got into a personal feud with the coach over his sick mother.

His stepfather died and his mother became suicidal. She tried to kill herself and was committed. Spanoulis requested to be let off the team to move back to Greece to attend to her.

Van Gundy refused to allow it. Spanoulis became very pissed and then started complaining about it to management and he was then permanently benched for the season and never allowed to return to see his mother.

He had to move his mother to Houston to take care of her, and even then was never allowed back into the rotation by van Gundy.

Do you have any idea how much of a freaking dickhead it makes you out to be that you keep posting shit about that guy and how he could not play and handle the NBA?

Grow the hell up. Damn. This forum has gotten way out of hand.

A lot of people would have personal issues and be depressed and angry if that happened to them. So STFU already about it. Jeezus Christ.

Droid101
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM

CITE PLZ

MiseryCityTexas
09-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Stop making up lies. The ridiculous lying in this forum is not fun anymore. Spanoulis got into a personal feud with the coach over his sick mother.

His stepfather died and his mother became suicidal. She tried to kill herself and was committed. Spanoulis requested to be let off the team to move back to Greece to attend to her.

Van Gundy refused to allow it. Spanoulis became very pissed and then started complaining about it to management and he was then permanently benched for the season and never allowed to return to see his mother.

He had to move his mother to Houston to take care of her, and even then was never allowed back into the rotation by van Gundy.

Do you have any idea how much of a freaking dickhead it makes you out to be that you keep posting shit about that guy and how he could not play and handle the NBA?

A lot of people would have personal issues and be depressed and angry if that happened to them. So STFU already about it. Jeezus Christ.

please shut up if that shit about his mom is true then fine, but all i rememember from him on the rockets was him always complaining about how he couldn't play, and how he was the t-mac of greece compared to his role in the NBA. that was a fact, and he always complained about how he missed home so much, and said playing under van gundy was like slavery. i don't remember him arguing over his sick mother with van gundy. if anything he didnt mention any of his family problems until he was traded to the spurs. all i remember was him bitching about playing time, and how he missed playing ball at home.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 02:13 PM
please shut up if that shit about his mom is true then fine, but all i rememember from him on the rockets was him always complaining about how he couldn't play, and how he was the t-mac of greece compared to his role in the NBA. that was a fact, and he always complained about how he missed home so much, and said playing under van gundy was like slavery. i don't remember him arguing over his sick mother with van gundy. if anything he didnt mention any of his family problems until he was traded to the spurs. all i remember was him bitching about playing time, and how he missed playing ball at home.

It is true. It was even in Houston papers.

It's fine to bash the guy if you want. but making up lies about him is totally out of line.

If you are going to bitch about him moaning and complain at least say why.

It makes you look like a total jerk to say that stuff when the guy's mom tried to kill herself. Most people would have not complained, but they would have rearranged Van Gundy's face. I know I sure the hell would have.

Also, he never said he was "T-Mac of Greece". He never said any such thing. Two radio reporters in Houston made that up.

They made up a lie that he said that to a Greek paper in Greek, which is a lie. He never said any such thing.

Do you know how much of a damn idiot and douche you look like for repeating over and over this total bull shit that the guy never even said? Did you ever think to actually confirm that he even said that? No. You did not. You just believed whatever the hell you were told.

Do you speak Greek? Do you read Greek? Do you know what he said in that interview? No you do not.

But you believed what two radio reporters said, which was totally a made up lie. And you still believe it, which makes you a complete moron.

Nick Young
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Post links, that story sounds made up and imaginary.

How come whenever Shitnoulis was given minutes he couldn't even beat opposing 3rd string PGs off the dribble and penetrate into the paint, how come his 3PFG% is like 17% and how come his career high in the NBA is like 5 points? Why didn't he play well before his mother got sick?

RRR3
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
It is true. It was even in Houston papers.

It's fine to bash the guy if you want. but making up lies about him is totally out of line.

If you are going to bitch about him moaning and complain at least say why.

It makes you look like a total jerk to say that stuff when the guy's mom tried to kill herself. Most people would have not complained, but they would have rearranged Van Gundy's face. I know I sure the hell would have.
Lol link? And if that's All true he still compared himself to mcgrady. Lol!

Droid101
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Also, he never said he was "T-Mac of Greece". He never said any such thing. Two radio reporters in Houston made that up.

Direct quote from Van Gundy:

"(Spanoulis) says, 'I was McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here," Van Gundy said.

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-Spanoulis-wants-more-minutes-1536296.php

Did Van Gundy make it up? I seriously doubt it. He was very candid and frank in this article/interview.

But, of course, here come more excuses.

G-train
09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
NBA is different to euroleague, Rubio will be a very effective NBA player.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Direct quote from Van Gundy:

"(Spanoulis) says, 'I was McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here," Van Gundy said.

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-Spanoulis-wants-more-minutes-1536296.php

Did Van Gundy make it up? I seriously doubt it. He was very candid and frank in this article/interview.

But, of course, here come more excuses.

That is NOT a direct quote. Spanoulis NEVER said any such thing and that paper has NO QUOTES of anything said by Spanoulis.

It is VAN GUNDY being quoted there.

Droid101
09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
That is NOT a direct quote. Spanoulis NEVER said any such thing and that paper has NO QUOTES of anything said by Spanoulis.

It is VAN GUNDY being quoted there.
I just said it's a direct quote from Van Gundy. And Van Gundy is quoting Shitnoulis.

You either think he's lying, or you trust him. I trust him, since the rest of that interview is very candid and I have no reason to believe he'd lie. He's very honest on TV and during interviews all the damn time.

purplch0de
09-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Euroleague = weak as shit.... high school scrubs in the US can be MVPs there...

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
I just said it's a direct quote from Van Gundy. And Van Gundy is quoting Shitnoulis.

You either think he's lying, or you trust him. I trust him, since the rest of that interview is very candid and I have no reason to believe he'd lie. He's very honest on TV and during interviews all the damn time.

Van Gundy did not make it up. He was interviewed by 2 radio station guys. During the interview they asked him something like, "hey, did you know that Spanoulis said he was the T-Mac of Greece?" To which that was how Van Gundy responded to them.

Then the paper wrote about that. The basketball player Vassilis Spanoulis, that person, himself never in his life said any such thing. But stupid twits like you keep claiming he did. You demand links, you demand "proof" and here you keep posting total bull shit over and over.

I will tell you what Spanoulis said. I can read Greek. I believe the interview was with sport24.gr. Anyway, I read the interview at the time and remember in general what he said.

He was asked about why he was not playing in Houston (this is by a Greek newspaper in Greek language) and he said something like,

"The coach there does not like me and he made that clear the first day of practice that I would not play. He told me that rookies get coaches fired. He said my wife likes to shop and spend a lot of money. If I play a rookie, I will get fired. If I get fired, my wife will not have money to shop anymore and then I will be in trouble and she will divorce me. Therefore, you are not playing this year at all.

He also told me that he does not really like any European player except for Dirk and that he really was not going to play me at all during the year. This was the first day of practice."

Then he was asked about what he was going to do about this and he said something like,

"My agent has been to Houston to have a personal meeting with the manager of the team. They said if I play well in practice then the coach must play me. I was leading the team in scoring in every practice for the season and still the coach would not play me. So then the managers asked him too and he said he did not want to because he did not like my game."

Then they asked him something about why he did not like his game and he said something like,

"He says that I am not the right kind of shooting guard/small forward that he wants because I am too small and he also wants a player that is a pure stand still shooter."

THEN SPANOULIS SAID SOMETHING LIKE -->

"But I tried to explain to the coach that I am not used to being that kind of player and playing that way. I am used to running pick and roll, coming off screens and setting up the offense. I told the coach, the way McGrady plays there, that is how I am used to playing in Greece. So I asked him to use me that way, as a backup to McGrady and I could do the same things as him in the offense from the bench.

But he told me no. That instead I was to play as a player like Luther Head and stand still at the 3 point line and do nothing but work as a spot shooter, and that I was the backup of Bonzi Wells, not McGrady. And that since they had made a gamble on Wells in signing him, he had to get playing time or they would all look dumb for signing him and they did not want to admit the mistake that he was out of shape and unhealthy."

THAT IS WHAT HE SAID basically.

Then those 2 radio reporters told Van Gundy when he was on their show, "hey, did you know Spanoulis said he was T-Mac in Greece". Van Gundy responded in that mocking way, the paper printed it, and then every moron that reads it takes it as fact. Even though it never happened.

And the paper was smart enough to NEVER quote it as something Spanoulis himself said - because Spanoulis never said it.

And to further this, Bonzi Wells was actually in fact asked about it by a Chinese reporter that covered Yao Ming (Bonzi was popular in China for some reason), and Bonzi just said something like, "yeah, Spanoulis is getting screwed."

So Spanoulis sure the hell never said anything like, "I was T-Mac in Greece".

Droid101
09-01-2011, 05:31 PM
So, you got all that from memory? Or... do you have a link...?

More from Van Gundy:

"I feel badly for him. He feels he was misled. Frankly, he's been his own worst enemy in many ways. Some of it is excuses. His turnovers have been high; his fouls have been high; his shooting percentage has been low. I would rather anybody start out with self-evaluation — what can I do better? — versus lash out and blame.

"Because I'm not playing him now doesn't mean he won't play in the future or we don't feel he could be a good player. I think he's allowed his disappointment to go to discouragement, which has, at times, stunted his improvement. We'll see. We'll see."

Nick Young
09-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Euroleague = weak as shit.... high school scrubs in the US can be MVPs there...
nate huffman, scrub from central michigan became MVP. Prime Eric Snow would have won like 6 euroleage titles in a row

KGMN
09-01-2011, 05:49 PM
5-4-2 today! Constant improvement.

one2
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM

the "N" stands for national. National as in America.

It's not IBA or RBA (international or Regional)

chips93
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
euroleague is probably ish most successful troll right now

:bowdown:

gotta pay respect

:bowdown:

catch24
09-01-2011, 05:55 PM
And this is the best PG over there. The gap in talent between American and European players is bigger than most wanna admit. I'd go as far to say most European "superstars" wouldn't even crack an NBA teams second rotation.

chips93
09-01-2011, 06:16 PM
And this is the best PG over there. The gap in talent between American and European players is bigger than most wanna admit. I'd go as far to say most European "superstars" wouldn't even crack an NBA teams second rotation.

rubio got hype becasue of his potential, not his production.

rubio is far from the best pg in europe.

catch24
09-01-2011, 06:19 PM
rubio got hype becasue of his potential, not his production.

rubio is far from the best pg in europe.

You're just a liar and a racist. Welcome to the ignore list.

GreatGreg
09-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Amazes me that Euroleague still posts here.

chips93
09-01-2011, 06:24 PM

:cry:

rubio was a prodigy, its just that he hasnt improved much since he was 18. he should be productive in the nba, it all hinges on his jumper though, he could be special if he can get a consistent one(i wouldnt bet on it)

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 06:35 PM
nate huffman, scrub from central michigan became MVP. Prime Eric Snow would have won like 6 euroleage titles in a row

Nate Huffman was never Euroleague MVP. STOP saying that lie. I have asked several times now.

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
the "N" stands for national. National as in America.

It's not IBA or RBA (international or Regional)

So when did Canada become the 51st state?

Euroleague
09-01-2011, 06:37 PM

Rubio was the 3rd best PG on his own team, Barca. If you count Navarro, Rubio was the 4th best PG on his own team.

Chicago Ted
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM

Lolwut

catch24
09-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm not very good at trolling :(

AirTupac
09-01-2011, 06:57 PM

This post had me cracking up. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Droid101
09-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Nate Huffman was never Euroleague MVP. STOP saying that lie. I have asked several times now.
About to get proven wrong again. Ready? Step by step this time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuproLeague

FIBA SuproLeague was the FIBA professional club basketball Champions' Cup for the 2000-01 season. Up until that season, there was one cup, the FIBA European Champions' Cup (which is now called the Euroleague), though in this season of 2000-01, the leading European teams split into two competitions: the FIBA SuproLeague and the ULEB's Euroleague 2000-01.
Following me so far? In the 2000-2001 season, Euroleague was split into two leagues. Same teams, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuproLeague_MVP

Euroleague Regular Season MVP award winners (2001-04)

FIBA SuproLeague 2000-01*[a]

Nate Huffman

ULEB Euroleague 2000-01*[b]

Dejan Tomašević

So, that season, when the Euroleague was split between two leagues (the SuproLeague and the ULEB), Nate was one of the two MVP's. So, I guess technically he was co-MVP, but still, MVP of Suproleague and pronounced the best American player in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Huffman

In the 1999–00 season he was signed by Maccabi Tel Aviv. During his time in Israel he won three national championships and state cups, and one European SuproLeague title (2001; when he averaged 17.9 points and 9 rebounds while playing 30 minutes per game as the team was 21–3). He was named the MVP of the Israeli Basketball League, and the SuproLeague MVP, as well as the "Best American Player in Europe" by Basket News, in 2001

Edit: Forgot the obligatory picture:
http://www.basketnews.lt/images/news/other/nate_huffman_1.jpg

chips93
09-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm not very good at trolling :(

tbh, u had me

Maga_1
09-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Quick Points:

- Rubio didn't play well this two games. FACT. He played very nice defense and made the team run an up tempo offense, just that.
- His game his more suitted to NBA, or it as suppose to be. Everyone that watch european basketball and NBA basketball knows that.

- There's americans that their game translates much better to european basketball because of IQ and toughness than others. In my opinion guys like Luke Walton, Stephon Curry or Jason Kidd would be better players than Monta Ellis, Danny Granger etc ..

- Euroleague, let's make a deal .. when Rubio plays poorly in NBA you can create 2353536 threads about him ok? Just give him a try.

Why don't you put Calderon stats too? :lol

one2
09-02-2011, 07:52 AM
So when did Canada become the 51st state?

Officially of course it never did.

But we all know Canada lives close to American borders which makes somewhat the extension of the US.

It was even suggested that the NBA may get a team in Mexico. And Mexico is like the unofficial 51st or 52nd state of the US.

Stern said he would never expand outside of North America.

niko
09-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Officially of course it never did.

But we all know Canada lives close to American borders which makes somewhat the extension of the US.

It was even suggested that the NBA may get a team in Mexico. And Mexico is like the unofficial 51st or 52nd state of the US.

Stern said he would never expand outside of North America.
Stern actually talked at length recently (on Bill Simmons, in a press conference about the lockout, many place) about European expansion. You're just absolutely wrong. There are about 10 places in Europe that may get a team and none in Mexico.

niko
09-02-2011, 09:24 AM

What a total load of shit. He just sucked. Several times they gave him a chance and put him out for extended minutes, and he was just awful. He tried to do more than he could. (He'd try to dominate the ball while he was out there.) his body language was also horrid, anytime he got taken out, anytime he missed, etc. It ranged between GET ME OUT OF HERE and **** YOU COACH.

He just sucked. Get over it.

Lebron23
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM

He should have played in the NBA when he was 19 yrs.old. He didn't even improve in the last 3 years.

Just look at younger european players like Jonas Valenciunas putting some excellent numbers and great impact on their respective teams. Rubio is no longer a protege. He needs to improve his offensive game, and learn how to shoot if he wants to survive in the NBA.

Euroleague
09-03-2011, 02:14 AM
About to get proven wrong again. Ready? Step by step this time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuproLeague

Following me so far? In the 2000-2001 season, Euroleague was split into two leagues. Same teams, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuproLeague_MVP

So, that season, when the Euroleague was split between two leagues (the SuproLeague and the ULEB), Nate was one of the two MVP's. So, I guess technically he was co-MVP, but still, MVP of Suproleague and pronounced the best American player in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Huffman

Edit: Forgot the obligatory picture:
http://www.basketnews.lt/images/news/other/nate_huffman_1.jpg

What is your IQ? Like 45? 50 maybe?

Nate Huffman was NEVER Euroleague MVP and what you posted there even confirms that.

Explain to me how the freaking hell he could have been MVP of Euroleague in 2001 when he did not even play in Euroleague that season.

Let me idiot proof it for you, since at max, your IQ is clearly not higher than 70.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=AOV&seasoncode=E2001

As you can see from the official website of the Euroleague, he did not even play in the league during the season YOU claim he was the league MVP.

Now Mr. genius explain to me how the hell you can win an MVP award without even playing in the league. It is obvious that you are a true moron.

Euroleague
09-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Quick Points:

- Rubio didn't play well this two games. FACT. He played very nice defense and made the team run an up tempo offense, just that.
- His game his more suitted to NBA, or it as suppose to be. Everyone that watch european basketball and NBA basketball knows that.

- There's americans that their game translates much better to european basketball because of IQ and toughness than others. In my opinion guys like Luke Walton, Stephon Curry or Jason Kidd would be better players than Monta Ellis, Danny Granger etc ..

- Euroleague, let's make a deal .. when Rubio plays poorly in NBA you can create 2353536 threads about him ok? Just give him a try.

Why don't you put Calderon stats too? :lol

You totally overrate Rubio. I bet that both of us could beat him in a head to head game.

Euroleague
09-03-2011, 02:18 AM
What a total load of shit. He just sucked. Several times they gave him a chance and put him out for extended minutes, and he was just awful. He tried to do more than he could. (He'd try to dominate the ball while he was out there.) his body language was also horrid, anytime he got taken out, anytime he missed, etc. It ranged between GET ME OUT OF HERE and **** YOU COACH.

He just sucked. Get over it.

You don't even know who he is.

Euroleague
09-03-2011, 02:22 AM
He should have played in the NBA when he was 19 yrs.old. He didn't even improve in the last 3 years.

Just look at younger european players like Jonas Valenciunas putting some excellent numbers and great impact on their respective teams. Rubio is no longer a protege. He needs to improve his offensive game, and learn how to shoot if he wants to survive in the NBA.

Valanciunas is a third string player on Lithuania's national team. He was also just an average level Euroleague player for Rytas. OK on offense, good on the boards, and one of, and maybe even the worst defensive rotation center in the Euroleague.

Sure, he is definitely a better player than Rubio is at this time. But you greatly exaggerated how good Valanciunas is in Europe.

Nobler
09-03-2011, 02:23 AM
:roll: Euro still on this shit huh LOL

kaiiu
09-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Anthony Parker MVP

Euroleague
09-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Anthony Parker MVP

Derrick Rose MVP - now that is just embarrassing.

Force
09-03-2011, 02:45 AM
The NBA game is so much less physical than the Euroleague and it's much more wide open and very easy for point guards to flourish. Even ones that can't shoot can get MVP consideration in the NBA. I think Rubio will take to the NBA style well in time.

One thing that is certain is that he can absolutely play man to man defense very very well.

knicksman
09-03-2011, 02:52 AM
if Spanoulis was really that good. How come he didnt transfer to another team

Maga_1
09-03-2011, 02:57 AM
You totally overrate Rubio. I bet that both of us could beat him in a head to head game.

Maybe. I like the way he play, it's true.
But give him a try, give him 2 years in NBA or so ..

Euroleague
09-03-2011, 03:01 AM
The NBA game is so much less physical than the Euroleague and it's much more wide open and very easy for point guards to flourish. Even ones that can't shoot can get MVP consideration in the NBA. I think Rubio will take to the NBA style well in time.

One thing that is certain is that he can absolutely play man to man defense very very well.

There is no hand checking allowed in the NBA. If he plays the same defense he plays in Europe, he will foul out of every game he plays.

Euroleague
09-03-2011, 03:04 AM
if Spanoulis was really that good. How come he didnt transfer to another team

Because his mother was suicidal and he had to live near her because she would be committed otherwise.

So he had to move back to Greece.

FYI, Tony Parker had dinner with him in Athens (they have known each other since youth age tournaments) and he asked him to play with the Spurs. Greg Popovic had also written a note to him to please play with the Spurs, which Parker gave to him.

But he could not because of the health situation of his mother.

Euroleague
09-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Maybe. I like the way he play, it's true.
But give him a try, give him 2 years in NBA or so ..

Calderon isn't that good and he can put up stats in the NBA. So what?

You and I both know that really good European guards are guys like Navarro and Spanoulis........guys that can be good players at any competition. FIBA, Olympics, Euroleague, domestic leagues, NBA.

Rubio is not one of them.

I understand why you like Rubio. I also appreciate what he tries to do. Play D, pass first, and tries to really play as a play maker to help his team.

He does have a sort of Rondo like play style and I do appreciate that. But the fact of the matter is that he just isn't that good of a player.

In mean honestly Maga........do you really think that he is on Spain's national team on his merits and not just on his name's hype? I mean, surely Raul Lopez would be on their team instead if it was just based on it being earned by your play.

Why would they not use Sada instead of him, when Sada plays better than him on a consistent basis?

Why not select a guy like Rafa Martinez for their team instead? Calderon-Sada is enough at PG. They don't even need Rubio. Why not have a guy like Martinez then on the team since he is a really good player?

I know people keep saying that Rubio is young, and he is, but I can remember for example that Papaloukas was a late bloomer and even at Rubio's age now and being a late bloomer, Papaloukas was better at that age than Rubio is now. And back then, Papaloukas was barely even considered a talent. Hell, I don't think he even made Greece's national team until he was about 26 years old.

RRR3
09-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Calderon isn't that good and he can put up stats in the NBA. So what?

You and I both know that really good European guards are guys like Navarro and Spanoulis........guys that can be good players at any competition. FIBA, Olympics, Euroleague, domestic leagues, NBA.

Rubio is not one of them.

I understand why you like Rubio. I also appreciate what he tries to do. Play D, pass first, and tries to really play as a play maker to help his team.

He does have a sort of Rondo like play style and I do appreciate that. But the fact of the matter is that he just isn't that good of a player.

In mean honestly Maga........do you really think that he is on Spain's national team on his merits and not just on his name's hype? I mean, surely Raul Lopez would be on their team instead if it was just based on it being earned by your play.

Why would they not use Sada instead of him, when Sada plays better than him on a consistent basis?

Why not select a guy like Rafa Martinez for their team instead? Calderon-Sada is enough at PG. They don't even need Rubio. Why not have a guy like Martinez then on the team since he is a really good player?

I know people keep saying that Rubio is young, and he is, but I can remember for example that Papaloukas was a late bloomer and even at Rubio's age now and being a late bloomer, Papaloukas was better at that age than Rubio is now. And back then, Papaloukas was barely even considered a talent. Hell, I don't think he even made Greece's national team until he was about 26 years old.
http://i51.tinypic.com/hsosgn.gif

stephanieg
09-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Imagine Pau's mental fragility and then add on a typical woman's insecurity and that is the mind of ricky rubio

Misogyny and sports goes together like peanut butter and chocolate.

I don't get why people take such pleasure in hating on Rubio.

Blame Bill Simmons.

Nick Young
09-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Misogyny and sports goes together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Blame Bill Simmons.
You can't deny that women are more insecure and think more irrationally than men, usually because they base their decisions on how they are feeling at the moment and not on logic.

Some women have trained themselves to base decisions on logic and not on their emotions but they are at a constant fight with their nature

nathanjizzle
09-03-2011, 10:07 AM
euroleague, isnt there a forum for the euroleague for you to post on? probably not since no one gives a fuc about the euroleague.

your insecurity about your euroleague is embarrassing.

PTB Fan
09-03-2011, 05:32 PM
If Ricky Rubio has problems to dish assists while playing in that stacked Spanish teams, i don't know how will he do in Minnesota

12-11-2011, 07:06 AM
All Euros are scrubs until proven otherwise. I am American and I refused to believe any hype (euro or American).

GreatGreg
12-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Derrick Rose MVP - now that is just embarrassing.
Act like he wouldn't dominate that sorry ass place known as the Euroleague. :roll:

CardiacKemba
02-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Bumpedy bump.