http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCPwvJAMrk

Dexter Season 6 Promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcQT5kEb2ws

A Message From Dexter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-IXnlkgUwQ

and finally...

Dexter Season 6 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

This season looks much better then last season. Dexter is refocussed and committed to killing again, which provides a much better show then with a Dexter filled with guilt. The theme of this season is obviously going to be religion, with a new string of murders tied to a new serial killer(s) for Dexter to hunt down. It looks like we could be in for the best season since season 4. The new season premiers in 1 month (October 2nd). What do you guys think?

Bano114
09-02-2011, 12:49 PM
They should have ended this show with some dignity a long time ago. Money > quality is all I'm seeing. This show was engaging at one point. Now it's a borderline cartoon.

I mean if thats your word...but ending it a long time ago? I thought season 5 was a big step down from the usual great story the show has but Season 4 wasn't that long ago. If you think Season 4 was Money > Quality or Cartoonish or what ever you think than I'm not sure what you were watching. Season 4 put the show on the map as one of the best Dramas on television and its hard to argue against that. Only 1 bad season out of 5? I'm willing to give this show a chance on the 6th. Especially because they realized people didn't want to see a Dexter filled with guilt, they wanted him to be the cold hearted killer he is, and if you watched the videos, Dexter says it himself, he's back to his old ways.

Kensta
09-02-2011, 12:50 PM
They should have ended this show with some dignity a long time ago. Money > quality is all I'm seeing. This show was engaging at one point. Now it's a borderline cartoon.

A long time ago? Like when? Every season was good up until last season.

Qwyjibo
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
A long time ago? Like when? Every season was good up until last season.
I thought last season was better than season 3 (IMO, the show's low point so far).

Chamberlain
09-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I thought last season was better than season 3 (IMO, the show's low point so far).

Completely agree. Season three was pretty bad and I went into Season 4 with very low expectations, but god dammit. Season 5 was a step down from 4 (and 1 and 2) but definitely better than 3.

EricGordon23
09-02-2011, 01:28 PM
So pumped for this season.

plowking
09-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Are we really going to act like this show didn't peak during Doake's murder?
Doakes was a good storyline but he was an annoying little bitch. Also, how do you forget about The Trinity Killer? Season 4 has been by far the best season.

Thorpesaurous
09-02-2011, 02:35 PM
I really like the show. I do think it's beginning to suffer from redundancy. How long can we still care about Dexter's internal morality conflict. Last season wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as I've heard it described.

Season 4 was spectacular, but it was missing that mystery element of who the killer was, which is why I liked season 1 the best. But I've been entertained by every season.

I do find the side characters to be a little one note. With the exception of Dex's sister, there really isn't a fully fleshed out character in the show, but I can live with it because the show is really about Dexter and his own personality.

Ben Jordan
09-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Love this show. I wonder how Quinn will deal with knowing about Dexter.

Also, from the trailer I couldn't really tell, but was that black guy with the glasses mos def?

Bano114
09-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I really like the show. I do think it's beginning to suffer from redundancy. How long can we still care about Dexter's internal morality conflict.

Yeah apparently Dexter has a reawakening this season and feels that what he's doing is the right thing and all of the morality stuff is over. It seems like he's going back to the Season 1 Dexter.

Randy
09-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Agree that this show should have ended already. IT'S THE SAME DAMN THING EVERY SEASON. Add a new dimension already, Deb needs to discover Dexter or something that actually has consequences. Also, do we really give a shit about Angel and Batista's marriage or all of that other crap that has NOTHING to do with Dexter or actual drama? Give me a break. It's just empty boring filler.

Kensta
09-02-2011, 03:24 PM

3 and 5 were under par but I hate 5 more cause of Stiles. She annoyed the hell out of me.

Thorpesaurous
09-02-2011, 03:57 PM
She's less annoying than his wife. Nowhere near as attractive, but less annoying none the less. Rita's soft voice drove me insane. I wanted her offed within two episodes of her appearance but that would mean I'd have to sacrifice dat ass. I can't do that.

I find Dexter's show sister / real life ex wife to be very attractive for some reason. I know she's not attractive in the traditional sense, but there's something about her I like, in addition to the fact that she's got a perfect body if you're into the tight little petitte frame. It may be the non-stop swearing.

Rita was hot as well.

When I think of the weak side characters, Batista and LaGuerta are pretty much exactly who I'm thinking of. To some degree Masuka as well, but at least he's used sparingly for small moments of levity.

If it's about the church, I wonder if it'll focus on kid touching, which would be interesting, because killing a child molester would be against Dexter's moral code, he can only kill a killer, but it would present what is generally considered the second of the great social sins in this country.

Bano114
09-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I find Dexter's show sister / real life ex wife to be very attractive for some reason. I know she's not attractive in the traditional sense, but there's something about her I like, in addition to the fact that she's got a perfect body if you're into the tight little petitte frame. It may be the non-stop swearing.

Rita was hot as well.

When I think of the weak side characters, Batista and LaGuerta are pretty much exactly who I'm thinking of. To some degree Masuka as well, but at least he's used sparingly for small moments of levity.

If it's about the church, I wonder if it'll focus on kid touching, which would be interesting, because killing a child molester would be against Dexter's moral code, he can only kill a killer, but it would present what is generally considered the second of the great social sins in this country.

Nah I think its more about some demented cult shit.

niko
09-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Nah I think its more about some demented cult shit.
I heard it was a college teacher and his students who are fans of Dexter somehow (they find out what he is doing and who he is) and somewhere along the line become disillusioned with him, and they hunt each other. I heard the religion aspect is Dexter trying to find meaning for his son, something to give him other than his own morality.

And season 4 was great, i hate when people say "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED A LONG TIME AGO" - translation - i am bitching just to bitch.

Gunnin4HoLeS
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Dexter Season 4 was by far the best season of Dexter but the only down season was Season5.. it got boring because it became a cycle .. Dexter feeling guilty, then killing, then repenting. and over and over again. I honestly have a problem with the kill scenes.. I have since season 1. He makes it a big deal that he needs to kill but when he does he stabs them with a butter knife.Gets on my nerves.. I wanna see him torture the ones who deserve it..

LA_Showtime
09-02-2011, 07:38 PM
I didn't mind season 5 and I actually liked Lumen until she just decided to up and leave, but this show has all the signs of staying well past its expiration date. I hope they have one or two more seasons at most.

How do you guys think they'll end the show?

Kensta
09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I didn't mind season 5 and I actually liked Lumen until she just decided to up and leave, but this show has all the signs of staying well past its expiration date. I hope they have one or two more seasons at most.

Probably by getting caught.

Bano114
09-02-2011, 10:07 PM

It would be interesting to have a season thats in the future where Harrison also has the Dark Passanger because he was also born in blood, except Dexter fails to raise Harrison by the code causing Harrison to spin out of control and run away. Dexter has to hunt him down by following Harrisons grousome murders and in the finnaly kills Harrison and then commits suicide because of having to kill his own son and also that something he created killed so many innocent people. That would make for some great Drama.:cheers:

I doubt it will end that way but it would be amazing to watch.

ZeN
09-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I

Dexter finally turns completely evil and his son who was murder apprentice ends up killing him.. Due to following the moral code that his father inculcated in him.

Loneshot
09-26-2011, 12:04 AM
bump

bada bing
09-26-2011, 10:29 PM
people that complain that the show should have ended long time ago need to stop it. If you feel that way, why the heck are you watching the new seasons then? no one is forcing you. stop watching it and keep the previous seasons in your memory. let the rest of us who enjoy the show continue to watch it.

Qwyjibo
09-26-2011, 10:31 PM
That was a decent 1st episode. These often tend to be all over the map for Dexter since they need to recap everything that has happened between the end of the last season. This one felt more of a reset that all of the others. It's like a clean slate for Dexter and that's alright. I was a little disappointed not to see any follow-up between Quinn and Dexter but I'm sure that has to happen. I appreciated the awesome nudity too.

BankShot
09-26-2011, 10:32 PM
This Sunday :rockon:

Tarik One
09-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I get the feeling Quinn is gonna get killed this season

alenleomessi
09-27-2011, 01:01 PM
cant wait, dexter premieres are always great :rockon:

Thorpesaurous
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I didn't know it already started!?!?! I was busy watching Boardwalk. I'll have to to track it down on one of the 6 Showtimes I have. Shouldn't be hard to find.

alenleomessi
09-27-2011, 01:47 PM
yeah fu*k sunday ill watch it tonight.. here is a good quality stream for whoever wants to watch it
click (http://tubeplus.me/player/1747366/Dexter/season_6/episode_1/Those_Kinds_of_Things/)

enayes
09-27-2011, 03:24 PM
why is the first episode available already? will they always be online before the sunday showing?

P.S. - Love Dexter, 2-1-4-5-3 for me.

JaskoX1
09-27-2011, 03:54 PM
The religious bullshit was incredibly heavy-handed. You couldn't have been any more subtle about it, really? Other then that, we got a promising season of Dexter ahead. Maybe I'm just glad we don't have a Lumen, or Rita haha.

Bano114
10-02-2011, 10:09 PM
The season opener was pretty good. What he pulled in the beggining was boss. The thing with the snakes was some freaky shit. This season has potential to be really good. Depending on where they go with the new serial killers story.

alwaysunny
10-03-2011, 01:08 AM
I literally laughed when Masuka's intern passed out during the snake scene.

El Kabong
10-03-2011, 08:28 AM
I think I may be one of the few who really enjoyed season 3. I thought it was great, Dexter and his relationship with Jimmy Smits was one of my favourite bits of the entire series. I'd probably rank it behind seasons 1 and 4, but I always thought 2 and 5 were the weakest, not 3. Only thing that was truly bad about season 3 was the finale which was wrapped up without any real suspence or interesting action.

Thorpesaurous
10-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I just thought Jimmy Smits was awfull, that's why I didn't like Season 3.

I really liked it last night. It is nice that he's free of the burdens of Lumen and Rita, and Rita's kids, which made the last few seasons tough to navigate. His son sort of comes and goes as is necessary as a plot device, but I can live with that. It's not Shakespear.

One issue I can see having with this season, is that they've already dropped any masquerade on the killer. We already know it's Colin Hanks (who by the way I just don't like, and may be an issue for me, but I'll give it a shot), and Edward James Olmos. The reveal of the Ice Truck Killer, and The Skinner, were some of the better elements of the show's peak. And knowing who Trinity was from the get go worked really only because Lithgowe was so good.
But I do like the religious ritualization. And I have high hopes for the season because of it. Also, without the burdens described above, Dexter has already become more fun. The Class reunion thing was already better than any of the little sub-stories done last year. It seems those got harder to do when Dex was caught up with another person, weather it was Rita or Lumen.

SayTownRy
10-03-2011, 10:16 AM
the blonde at the reunion was bangin!

i thought the cat n mouse episodes in season 3 were pretty sweet. the one's were jimmy smits and dexter were going back and forth trying to outdo each other, but that was only like 2 episodes of the whole season.

looking like a pretty good season so far. edward james olmos and colin hanks should be legit imo. focus is back on dexter's dark side where it should be.

Thorpesaurous
10-03-2011, 11:40 AM
the blonde at the reunion was bangin!

i thought the cat n mouse episodes in season 3 were pretty sweet. the one's were jimmy smits and dexter were going back and forth trying to outdo each other, but that was only like 2 episodes of the whole season.

looking like a pretty good season so far. edward james olmos and colin hanks should be legit imo. focus is back on dexter's dark side where it should be.

The blonde was bangin!

I also look forward to whatever they do with Batista's sister, who seems to have as rediculous age gap between him and his sibling as Nucky Thompson does with his brother, and the Mayor of Charming had with his brother the deputy Sherriff on Sons of Anarchy.

Tarik One
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Batista's and Laguerta's dull marriage is history which is good. That was a waste of screentime and the writers knew it.

alenleomessi
10-03-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/images/1317620465-U12475.gif

:hammertime: :D

Tarik One
10-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I get the feeling Batista will become more suspicious of Dexter and probably die this season for whatever reason

Thorpesaurous
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, the introduction of Batista's sister, his divorce from Laguerta, her blackmailing the commish, and even Deb's impending engagement have made all of those characters significantly more interesting than they've been during most of the shows history (with the exception of Deb, who has had some fleshed out material over the years).

Joey Zaza
10-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Batista's sister as the sitter solves a problem created by the loss of Rita. The problem with season 5 (as I saw it) was the Dexter was alwyas in danger of being caught from at least 3 places - cops, other killer he is chasing, and Rita and family.

Season 5's sitter was so forgiving, that he could do almost anything with her around and get away with it. The fact that the new sitter is Batista's sister and she is alreayd suspicious of him (right now its concern, but its suspicion) makes her the home threat that rita used to be.

Also glad the guilt-ridden dexer is gone and merry killing dexter is back.

I agree with the above poster that season 3 gets underrated. Smits was the most subtle of all the Dexter villians with the slowest burn and most complex character. Still, I'm 1-4-2-3-5.

Bless Mathews
10-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Finally getting better....

Bano114
10-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Holy shit...did anyone else tonights episode? The ending was :eek:

My interest in the new killer just went up a knotch. Now that Dexters on it I can't wait to see whats next.

JaskoX1
10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
You've got be confused to still be watching Dexter after the travesty that was last season.

Loneshot
10-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Something really confusing happen. When Dex was talking to Deb, he said to himself that the killing style reminded him of his brother, and Deb said aloud "your brother." Since when did she know Rudy/Brian was Dex's brother?

enayes
10-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Something really confusing happen. When Dex was talking to Deb, he said to himself that the killing style reminded him of his brother, and Deb said aloud "your brother." Since when did she know Rudy/Brian was Dex's brother?

They talked about it in season 4 I believe, it was underplayed a bit and not much attention was put on it.

Loneshot
10-24-2011, 11:54 PM
They talked about it in season 4 I believe, it was underplayed a bit and not much attention was put on it.
that's pretty big for them to just pass over like that.

alwaysunny
10-25-2011, 12:01 AM

She did a private research on Dexter's biological mother, who had a connection with Harry. When she found Dexter's mother's house she realized it was the same house Rudy/Brian took her in for a murder.

Qwyjibo
10-25-2011, 12:07 AM
- Didn't care for the "Angel" stunt. It felt like it was ripped out of any one of the Saw movies.

- The religious angle is an interesting theme for this season but it's not exactly being done in any subtle way.

- I really like Mos Def's character.

- I also like the new detective from Chicago.

- More Quinn and Batista please.

- Deb being promoted to Lieutenant is so ridiculous and unreal that it's hard to take any of that stuff seriously.

- Mini-Hanks and Admiral Adama make for a creepy villan duo.

Loneshot
10-25-2011, 12:14 AM
She did a private research on Dexter's biological mother, who had a connection with Harry. When she found Dexter's mother's house she realized it was the same house Rudy/Brian took her in for a murder.

But i don't remember her confronting Dex about it. I thought she kept it a secret.

alwaysunny
10-25-2011, 12:20 AM
But i don't remember her confronting Dex about it. I thought she kept it a secret.

Nope, she told him straight up. If I recall correctly Dexter was nervous that not only would she find out they're brothers, but she would also figure that Dex is a killer as well (since both of them witnessed their mom being brutally murdered).

Chamberlain
10-25-2011, 12:50 AM

It was the very last episode of Season 4. They had just raided the Trinity Killers house and Dexter was sitting down outside, and Deb approached him and told him what she had found out. It was very subtle. The whole interaction lasted less than a minute.

InspiredLebowski
10-25-2011, 01:13 AM
This season's been an improvement over the last couple (which isn't saying much), but Dexter's a coroner now? The hell's he doing examining corpses in a lab?

Also, we all agree Edward James Olmos is actually dead right?

Gundress
10-25-2011, 01:22 AM
So is the Edward James Olmos character real or imaginary like Dexter's dad?

InspiredLebowski
10-25-2011, 01:25 AM
So is the Edward James Olmos character real or imaginary like Dexter's dad?Was real, now he's dead. He's the nutjob religious Prof. Gellar that "went underground" 3 (?) years ago. Colin Hanks killed him and that's when he disappeared. Now he's Hanks's "dark passenger." Which is a cheesy ass phrase.

alwaysunny
10-25-2011, 01:51 AM
Was real, now he's dead. He's the nutjob religious Prof. Gellar that "went underground" 3 (?) years ago. Colin Hanks killed him and that's when he disappeared. Now he's Hanks's "dark passenger." Which is a cheesy ass phrase.

Wait, how do you figure? Were there signs in previous episodes that I missed or is this just your guess?

Ben Jordan
10-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Was real, now he's dead. He's the nutjob religious Prof. Gellar that "went underground" 3 (?) years ago. Colin Hanks killed him and that's when he disappeared. Now he's Hanks's "dark passenger." Which is a cheesy ass phrase.
Damn, I never considered that at all. It makes sense though.

alwaysunny
10-25-2011, 02:13 AM
What about the scene where he didn't want to kill the girl he slept with?

InspiredLebowski
10-25-2011, 02:45 AM
Wait, how do you figure? Were there signs in previous episodes that I missed or is this just your guess?Just my opinion. He's never been acknowledged by anyone but Hanks. It's honestly pretty obvious to me.

When the girl he boned is tied up in the kitchen I'm not sure she ever actually "looks" at Olmos, and even if she does look in the general direction it's easily explained by Hanks having a conversation with an apparition.

enayes
10-25-2011, 11:40 AM
That's am interesting theory, I never thought about that. Dexter did discuss how it seemed like one person was preparing the crime scene and another made the cuts, but that doesn't really prove anything.

Joey Zaza
11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
The real/imaginary nature of Prof. Geller is the #1 topic of Dexter fans right now. When I first heard it I was like "Oh, yeah...absolutely" but now that so many are on top of it, it seems like an intentional misdirection by the Dexter folks. So it could go either way. He may ultimately be real because Dex closed in on mini-Hanks (who is doing a nice job escaping dad's shadow with this creepy turn) so quickly.

Glad that Quinn nailed the prof and that now she's a material witness. While each of the seasons are different, they all have in common masterfully spun webs of complexity among the criminals-cops-Dexter that builds in tension until the web unravels as the season closes...and Dex kills everyone.

alwaysunny
11-01-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm still not over the first girl scene. If Olmos actually IS imaginary, that means after boning the girl, Hanks tied her up in the kitchen, went back to sleep, woke up in the morning seeing her tied up, then talking and begging to himself to let her live. :lol

If this professor isn't real this might be one of the most unintentionally funny scenes in Dexter series.

Joey Zaza
11-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm still not over the first girl scene. If Olmos actually IS imaginary, that means after boning the girl, Hanks tied her up in the kitchen, went back to sleep, woke up in the morning seeing her tied up, then talking and begging to himself to let her live. :lol

If this professor isn't real this might be one of the most unintentionally funny scenes in Dexter series.

Who says he went to sleep? If Prof. Geller is imaginary, he is a part of Hanks' imaginary world...and can operate independently of Hanks (in Hanks' mind).

Not the first time we've see that. Fight Club stands out as an example. Psycho invented it (sorry for spoiling).

In Psycho, Perkins conversed with Leigh, had a meal with her and watched her get ready to shower. Then he dressed up as his mother, and killed her. Then he got dressed as Perkins again, saw the damage "his mother" had done and was revulsed by it (even though he had just done it).

Same idea.

InspiredLebowski
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Good to know it's routine for lab interns to sit in on internal meetings about ongoing serial killer investigations.

But he did put in a new Intel chip to overclock the CPU. It's this kinda farcical shit that makes this show embarrassing sometimes.

alwaysunny
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Ehh I guess. I viewed in a same level as Dexter sees Harry so didn't expect this in a Fight Club kind of way. It doesn't seem as realistic, especially compared to previous seasons. At this point I'm praying Olmos is real.

Joey Zaza
11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Ehh I guess. I viewed in a same level as Dexter sees Harry so didn't expect this in a Fight Club kind of way. It doesn't seem as realistic, especially compared to previous seasons. At this point I'm praying Olmos is real.

Its about the level of faith over reason. Dex sees and talks to Harry but knows he's not really there. Mini-Hanks has faith over reason...being a true beleiver gives the spritual entity more strength (spet more time thinking on that than the Dex writers did).

Bano114
11-01-2011, 06:25 PM
What makes me think he might be dead is the fact that he got into Travis' house to see him sleeping with the girl. I mean I know its not much considering Dexter gets into any house at will but still, do you lock your doors Travis? Or does he rock out with his **** out for the whole world to see?

SayTownRy
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
so apparently next week's episode is completely outta left field.

trinity's son? the ice truck killer? doakes didn't want any part of this?

hafta see how this plays into the main plot lines before i write it off i reckon.

Loneshot
11-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Wow, can't wait for next week, even though it seems all over the place, lol.

Loneshot
11-07-2011, 06:35 PM
debra's gonna hook up with her shrink, ooo yaa!!

You think the shrink's a lesbian too? I thought it was just me but she gave off a strong lesbian vibe. I really hope they hook up.

Sad that Mos is gone though.

therammingman
11-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I guess I was right. I put up a threat before the last episode saying something had to happen or change....it was getting lame.

Joey Zaza
11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
ITK is still my fave Dex villian and am happy to have him back on the show. Though to bring him back and Trinity's kid back, feels like a little bit of cheating. Its like: "Hey remember these golden oldies from the past (because our new ones aren't so interesting)"

I specifically object to this stunt because I think Jr. Hanks is getting the job done. Kid is creepy as hell.

SayTownRy
11-08-2011, 04:51 PM
yeah i like colin hanks's performance too. he's pulling off the innocent yet deranged thing pretty well. that innate hank's likability he got from his old man crossed with dark religious fanaticism is working imo.

Qwyjibo
11-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Nebraska. What a weird and totally out of place episode. I get what it was trying to do in terms of developing Dexter but bringing back Trinity's family seemed like such a random move. When Dexter was driving around and shooting his gun at road signs, I expected the entire episode to be some kind of a surreal dream or vision. The entire thing felt rushed too.

Joey Zaza
11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
The entire thing felt rushed too.

Yes, rushed. I got that too.

I would have liked an episode where Brian was in his ear - a little bit less (like Harry, 3 times in the episode) -- in Dex's normal world, followed by the road trip where Brian is almost entirely taking over and then Dex's realization that he has some of his own light.

Though, I did like Brian in the episode. Dex is always looking for a friend and Brian is the closest he ever got to one.

statman32
11-19-2011, 02:22 AM
This season is horrible and not just by Dexter standards. It's bad television and the only interesting characters were Mos Def and the blonde intern (who I hope is a part of a bigger story for next season).

alenleomessi
11-19-2011, 02:42 AM
so its official, dexter will have 2 more seasons

the way the show is going this season, im not sure if i like 2 more seasons, especially if there are new killers in it, and dexter never getting caught or at least close to it ( like in season 2, they need cop like doakes)

Bano114
11-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah they renewed it for 2 more seasons. I read that the writers are going to write these 2 last seasons as the last 2, with a definite ending to the series coming. Its gotta be hard to **** an ending to a show like this up. There are so many possibilities. If this show ends with Dexter losing his dark passenger, living a normal life, and everyone doing better off with a happy ending...its safe to say I wasted my time watching this show. Secrets need to be found out, and major characters have to die.

Gundress
11-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Even I love Dexter show but this show is getting played out cause it's repetitive show now.

dunksby
11-20-2011, 12:52 PM
The renew came as a total surprise to me the way this season has been going. I had predicted that in the end of the season Dexter would find his light and put aside his Dark Passenger. I donno if I will watch the upcoming seasons though, at least I wont be looking forward to them anyway.

Bano114
11-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Holy shit that was intense.:eek:

Loneshot
11-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Despite what the one girl said, i think there is no Gellar, just the one killer, who maybe killed the professor some time ago and now has him apart of one of his personalities.

Thorpesaurous
11-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Despite what the one girl said, i think there is no Gellar, just the one killer, who maybe killed the professor some time ago and now has him apart of one of his personalities.

I've been in the Gellar isn't real camp for some time, but there are some things that feel really weird if he isn't real. Like how Travis got chained up and burnt. But it does seem more and more likely that he's not real.

Loneshot
11-21-2011, 04:00 PM
I've been in the Gellar isn't real camp for some time, but there are some things that feel really weird if he isn't real. Like how Travis got chained up and burnt. But it does seem more and more likely that he's not real.

Him being chained up and marked just further put me on the bandwagon that the writers are doing their best to swerve us. Especially now that Dexter has let his guard down.

LA_Showtime
11-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I was high as **** when I watched it but that part where Deb's talking about that dude killing the sister was intense as shit.

Joey Zaza
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Its sort of crazy to chain yourself up...but then its also sort of crazy to kill your sister and put a donkey mask on her and write words on her head.

Travis kill his parents?

Travis kill Prof. Gellar?

Thoughts?

enayes
11-23-2011, 02:40 PM
I kinda hope Gellar is really there, I want to see Dexter go after someone again.

So far this has been the worst season for me, I can see where the writers thought having Dexter "see the light" would be interesting, but it hasn't been very convincing.

Hopefully this season ends with a bang, and I'm still looking forward to the future seasons and I still love Dexter.

LA_Showtime
11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
I kinda hope Gellar is really there, I want to see Dexter go after someone again.

So far this has been the worst season for me, I can see where the writers thought having Dexter "see the light" would be interesting, but it hasn't been very convincing.

Hopefully this season ends with a bang, and I'm still looking forward to the future seasons and I still love Dexter.

I liked how they brought back Dexter's brother but I think they should've extended his run of random kills throughout the season. It would've made the show more interesting.

Bano114
11-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Spoilers in white for episode 9.

Damn so alot of people were right about Olmos being dead the whole time and Travis being the lone killer. I have to give it up to both Colin Hanks and Olmos, they both are doing a great job with their roles.

Honestly the highlight of the epiosde is with that guy dating Batistas sister...Loius. I knew something was strange about him because of his fascination with Dexter and his making the video game based on the department.Seeing the hand in his apartment got me thinking. I honestly think he was ITK's son and Dexter will be hearing from him either this season or he will be the main villian next season.

dunksby
11-28-2011, 07:02 AM

Damn so alot of people were right about Olmos being dead the whole time and Travis being the lone killer. I have to give it up to both Colin Hanks and Olmos, they both are doing a great job with their roles.

Honestly the highlight of the epiosde is with that guy dating Batistas sister...Loius. I knew something was strange about him because of his fascination with Dexter and his making the video game based on the department.Seeing the hand in his apartment got me thinking. I honestly think he was ITK's son and Dexter will be hearing from him either this season or he will be the main villian next season.
Dude is 30+ years old :facepalm

Thorpesaurous
11-28-2011, 11:13 AM

I don't agree with your theory specifically, but generally speaking I agree.

It's weird but I sort of picked up on it just as he brought her into the apartment. And it wasn't the money that he had, so much as the way it was placed. I was all of sudden thinking, "gee, they're certainly committing a lot of time to this seemingly unrelated story arc about Batista's sister who didn't even exist until this season, and some random dude who takes classes with Masuka."

Then he starts nailing the sister, shot from painfully too far away by the way, and they give the reveal of the hand.

It does seem like a set up for next year. But I don't know how exactly yet.

Bano114
11-28-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't agree with your theory specifically, but generally speaking I agree.

It's weird but I sort of picked up on it just as he brought her into the apartment. And it wasn't the money that he had, so much as the way it was placed. I was all of sudden thinking, "gee, they're certainly committing a lot of time to this seemingly unrelated story arc about Batista's sister who didn't even exist until this season, and some random dude who takes classes with Masuka."

Then he starts nailing the sister, shot from painfully too far away by the way, and they give the reveal of the hand.

It does seem like a set up for next year. But I don't know how exactly yet.

After thinking about this some more...everytime Looius talks to Dexter he gets giddy as hell. The guy is clearly fascinated with Dexter and obviously purchased the hand. What I find to be interesting is that he's going after Bautistas sister, who is also Harrisons baby sitter. I cant think of a better way to get to Dexter then through his son.

Rudy was very very similiar in season 1. He started dating Deb and began to blow her off as soon as he was introduced to Dexter. Eventually we find out his motive for dating Deb was to get to Dexter all along and it worked.

My theory is Loius knows more about Dexter then he let on...and is using Bautistas sister to get closer to him for whatever reason.

niko
11-28-2011, 04:51 PM
After thinking about this some more...everytime Looius talks to Dexter he gets giddy as hell. The guy is clearly fascinated with Dexter and obviously purchased the hand. What I find to be interesting is that he's going after Bautistas sister, who is also Harrisons baby sitter. I cant think of a better way to get to Dexter then through his son.

Rudy was very very similiar in season 1. He started dating Deb and began to blow her off as soon as he was introduced to Dexter. Eventually we find out his motive for dating Deb was to get to Dexter all along and it worked.

My theory is Loius knows more about Dexter then he let on...and is using Bautistas sister to get closer to him for whatever reason.
i agree, i don't think it's any of Dexter's enemies sons or whatever, i think it's someone who is very smart, solved what Dexter is doing, and is a fan.

franchise#3
11-28-2011, 06:01 PM
I like Loius

blacknapalm
11-28-2011, 07:42 PM
really didn't like this episode...just poorly written. dex showing up at a public university to do his dirty work when almost all universities these days have surveillance was weak. even if there was somehow no cameras, there wasn't any secretary at all? shiiiett, they didn't show anybody on campus at all. place was barren. then he moves the table to do the trap door...did he even think about how the table was moved back?

this season is starting to rival last season's as the worst imo. actually this might already be worse. i know you have to suspend reality but mann, this is pushing it. they'll probably tie it into some elaborate ring at the end with followers of the blog also being involved. seems difficult for travis to do it all by himself but i digress

i do agree louis probably will have a much bigger role down the line and that can lead into some interesting things next season. i think it's about time to put this show down though, it has ran its course.

Gundress
11-28-2011, 11:30 PM
This show officially fell off. I was hoping last season was just a miss-step but shit is getting worst. I knew Gellar isn't a real person and...this show dragged on a plot twist that was blatantly obvious from early on. :rolleyes: :facepalm

I am very disappointed in Dexter lately since Season 5th.

Joey Zaza
12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Louis is being setup either for a big role in the finale or major role next season. See him more as a Doakes/(early)Quinn...become vaguely obsessed with Dex, super-close to figuring out his secrets, Dex needs to avoid him sort of thing.

I'm thinking this season wraps/next season opens with Louis knowing something, threatening to expose Dex unless he teachers/mentors or something.

...and lets give some love to Jr. Hanks. He's nailing this part left and right. He's beautifully melded the subtlety and slow-burn of Smits with the everyman creepiness of Lithgow. No one has ever been or will ever be Rudy, but can only hope for so much.

Bless Mathews
12-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Dexter used to be one of my favorite shows, last 2 seasons are played out.

They need to make deb find out , or at least go that way next season.

Loneshot
12-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Is the Illuminati trying to promote incest or something, between Boardwalk Empire and what it looked like for next week's Dexter between he and Deb...boy oh boy. Did anyone see the preview? There was a scene where it looked like they would kiss.

GOBB
12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
This season has been iffy. I want to bone Bastista sister.

Qwyjibo
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Travis doesn't release the Sentox gas at CTU. That would be a disaster.

Tarik One
12-05-2011, 05:32 PM
It's time to wrap this show up.

I used to be glued to the TV on Sunday nights @ 8pm. Now I may catch the episode on Wednesday or whenever.

Travis' "Hello Whore" line was hilarious though

Joey Zaza
12-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Deb might, but I don't think Dex lets it happen (kissing Deb) -- at least not prolonged. Dex doesn't get romantically swept away...which is required to engage in anything that perverse.

Then again, the producers can excuse anything. "I don't typically get romantically swept away, but with Deb..." much like they gave Dexter a doorway out of the basement yesterday.

Andrei89
12-05-2011, 08:12 PM
why exactly does it look like Dex going to kiss Deb?

I see none of that... i see them both tear eyed but that's it. It ain't going to happen.

I actually enjoyed this season a lot. Too bad the rest didn't :D

I found season 3 with Miguel the least exciting season yet.

LA_Showtime
12-05-2011, 08:40 PM
why exactly does it look like Dex going to kiss Deb?

I see none of that... i see them both tear eyed but that's it. It ain't going to happen.

I actually enjoyed this season a lot. Too bad the rest didn't :D

I found season 3 with Miguel the least exciting season yet.

I'm with you, this season was pretty good.

And I don't know what the hell everyone saw in those clips, but I didn't see anything that said, "Deb and Dexter are gonna ****." I think if anything the psychologist will help Deb see Dexter for who he really is.

Qwyjibo
12-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Quinn will be the Edgar here if things go that way.

alenleomessi
12-06-2011, 03:03 AM
it looks like the next episode would be the shit :bowdown:

dunksby
12-06-2011, 03:37 AM
This episode was just some kinda filler so they could reach the proper number of Episodes per season I guess, but its good to see Dexter being challenged and caught off guard a few times by this shabby loser type killer. I for one never expected this guy to pose so much hardship for Dexter.

Bano114
12-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I've read from a few places that the last 2 episodes of this season are must see. Apparently somethings will happen that will drastically change the show and Dexters life...and will also be significant for the end of the series. The ending scenario of Dexter starts in these 2 episodes supposedly.

statman32
12-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Last episode, while not great, was still the best of the season so I am hoping this means a gradual return to the show it once was.

heavensdevil
12-07-2011, 02:44 PM
This season has been iffy. I want to bone Bastista sister

Blonde intern was badder IMO.

alwaysunny
12-12-2011, 01:10 AM
I gotta say some of you are real good with predictions.

Joey Zaza
12-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Episode was alright ---ring of fire in the water was cool. Jr. Hanks continues he super-creepy performance and is doing his job carrying the season. Loved the two dead people in the kitchen while Jr. Hanks watches TV.

Strange dream sequences - which are clearly dreams, but loaded with visuals and symbolism that reality does not afford a tv series are ok. Fake-out dream sequences are cheating.

dunksby
12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
So which theory is more plausible in your view regarding Louis:
1- Computer geek who is gonna stalk Dexter and make it hard for him to hunt plus trying to join Dexter in his hobby (basically a fusion of Doakes and Miguel).
2- Computer geek who is gonna start killing while using his IT skills to his benefit and lure Dexter into hunting him and finally a face off by the end of next season perhaps?

Bano114
12-18-2011, 10:54 PM
:banana: Can't wait for next season

The last scene was awesome.

GOBB
12-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Finally the episode we've all been waiting for. :oldlol: Season 7 ought to be worth it as it will be also the last season of Dexter. A win win.

Abd El-Krim
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
First time the writers have caught me off guard in years.

I hope they're up for the task. I mean, right now they've got a potential incest story line going between a serial killer and a homicide lt. This shit could get weird as ****. And awesome. And weird as ****.

bigmac834
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Two more seasons!!!
http://screenrant.com/dexter-renewed-seasons-7-8-showtime-benk-140337/

This was amazing. Had a feeling Deb would walk in. But WOW, its gonna be a long wait

Bano114
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Finally the episode we've all been waiting for. :oldlol: Season 7 ought to be worth it as it will be also the last season of Dexter. A win win.

2nd to last season. Dexter got picked up for 2 more seasons not 1.

enayes
12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Finally.

Kensta
12-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Awesome finale.

Joey Zaza
12-19-2011, 12:03 AM
In the Dexter books, Deb knows. That Deb is different than this one, though.

GOBB
12-19-2011, 12:03 AM
2nd to last season. Dexter got picked up for 2 more seasons not 1.

2? Thats terrible.

pete's montreux
12-19-2011, 12:31 AM
In the Dexter books, Deb knows. That Deb is different than this one, though.

What can you tell me about the books? How do they compare to the show? I'd be very interested in reading them if they're comparable or better.

alenleomessi
12-19-2011, 07:40 AM
ohhhhhhhh its on !!! :bowdown: :eek: :rockon:

Thorpesaurous
12-19-2011, 08:13 AM
It's gonna be hard maintaining Deb knowing this for two seasons.

I really felt this year was pretty mediocre. And I come into it expecting a certain amount of cheesiness in my Dexter. I know some of you liked him, but I didn't like Colin Hanks much. And the whole DDK killer was not my favorite. But it had it's moments.

They absolutely reeled me in for next season though.

GOBB
12-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah this season was weak. And I agree how can they milk 2 seasons of Deb knowing? I dont see how its possible. He cant even say self defense Travis snuck up on him. The guy is taped down to the f*cking table and Dexter has on a butchers outfit. :oldlol:

Also the whole Deb in love with her brother and is not acting stupid because he said "I love you" is lame imo. Where is that going to go?

I thought 1 season and close the Dexter chapter is enough. 2? I dont see this going well.

Joey Zaza
12-19-2011, 05:15 PM
What can you tell me about the books? How do they compare to the show? I'd be very interested in reading them if they're comparable or better.

Like an alternate parallel universe. The characters are fundamentaly the same but are still different. Rita is still alive, but was always minor compared to TV Rita. Had a kid, sort of changed Dexter. There is no Lundy, but a Lundy-type, who Deb falls in love with.

SPOILER:

Ice Truck killer survives, Laguerta dies, Deb sees Dex and the ITC together and learns about Dex. She's generally ok with it and even asks him for favors. Doakes is alive, but got brutally butchered in one book.

alenleomessi
12-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Rule of the Code : Never get caught

Hopefully he kills her i cant stand her, but i doubt it..
she will probably keep it quiet all season long... then the season may end by everyone finding out.. and then the last season, dexter is the ultimate serial killer.. whole country is after him
or something like that..

Kblaze8855
12-20-2011, 04:25 AM
I accidentally ruined the surprise ending. I was looking at the Dexter wikipedia page before it came on to see if it was gonna be the final season(never know with cable series...Weeds may or may not be over). I saw a link to "Differences from the book" and right at the start it mentioned that Deb knew he was a killer in the books and spoiled her finding out in season 6. So I knew it was coming. I stay getting surprise endings ruined....

longtime lurker
12-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Finally Dexter's writers add something to the show. This season was getting really stale with all the Dexter manages to escape from a life or death situation. I like the fact they are starting to mirror the books. I remember Deb was sympathetic to the serial killer lovers last season so it's not too far fetched that she'll cover for her brother.

Simple Jack
12-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Not sure how they can just ignore Harrison being taken hostage by one of the worst serial killers in Miami in DKK...either Harrison is clinically retarded, or that needs to be explained because something like that has to affect a kid, no?

TheSilentKiller
12-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Finally caught up through season 6. Liked the season quite a bit. Colin Hanks was great and I am excited to see how Lewis develops as a character. I would love to see Matthews kill Laguerta out of spite :lol

Remix
12-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Finally caught up through season 6. Liked the season quite a bit. Colin Hanks was great and I am excited to see how Lewis develops as a character. I would love to see Matthews kill Laguerta out of spite :lol
you need to watch season 7, much better than 6 imo

Qwyjibo
12-27-2012, 08:29 PM
That's not saying much because, IMO, season 6 sucked (by Dexter standards). Season 7 was great for the first half or so then the quality quickly dipped.

These last two seasons give me a new appreciation for season 3, which used to be my least favourite. But I'm also one of the few Dexter fans who didn't hate Lumen and that whole story in s5.

Remix
12-27-2012, 09:15 PM
That's not saying much because, IMO, season 6 sucked (by Dexter standards). Season 7 was great for the first half or so then the quality quickly dipped.

These last two seasons give me a new appreciation for season 3, which used to be my least favourite. But I'm also one of the few Dexter fans who didn't hate Lumen and that whole story in s5.
same, but after 7 seasons every episode can't be filled with nail biting scenes, i liked season 3. every character has their own way of shaping who dexter becomes at season 7.

for silentkiller: don't read bc of spoilers!

i liked the little back and forth game he was having with the lab geek at the beginning, and although some people didn't like how quickly it ended, i liked it because of the twist it had. i agree about the end though, i don't really like how the whole leguarta thing panned out. she was so on to them, with the tracking of cell phones, and then dexter calls her and tells her to come to the shipyard. she just got a court order to track dex's phone, and then he calls her and tells her to come. it makes it so obvious at the end of the season that he and deb will be caught.

TheSilentKiller
12-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Started season 7 today. Feeling a little iffy but I think it will turn out well.

Simple Jack
01-02-2013, 05:57 AM
What happened to abiding by the code and trying to make the show realistic?

There were a bunch of farfetched, out in the open kills this season by Dexter. The one at the shooting range? Shit was just stupid.

ArbitraryWater
01-05-2015, 08:34 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/7918936885c1f6e4b2f251a3fc544cd0.png

the ****.. Imagine that scene in close-up HD