09-03-2011, 04:00 AM
true story

ch0de out

D-Wade316
09-03-2011, 04:02 AM
Maybe

purplch0de
09-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Neither amare or melo are #1 options, so fail. NY again irrelevant for the next decade and possibly century.

Clutch
09-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Neither amare or melo are #1 options, so fail. NY again irrelevant for the next decade and possibly century.
Good to know

Your troll attempt failed.

purplch0de
09-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Good to know

Your troll attempt failed.

provwe me otherwise...

no one considers either one legit #1 options. Its like if pippen and 01-02 kobe got together... no metal, no success. but pair shaq and pippen or jordan and kobe and we got a diff. story.

Miserio
09-03-2011, 04:22 AM
provwe me otherwise...

no one considers either one legit #1 options. Its like if pippen and 01-02 kobe got together... no metal, no success. but pair shaq and pippen or jordan and kobe and we got a diff. story.
That's not important, the important part is the fact that they can't guard anybody! If I played against the knicks i'd score 30. They are 1st round exit easily.

Clutch
09-03-2011, 04:26 AM
provwe me otherwise...

Many people were saying that Dirk was a choker and not a legit #1 option.
Dirk led his team to the title against legit #1 option Kobe,legit #1 option Durant and 2 legit #1 options in the Finals named LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

So much about "legit #1 options".

Who cares if you don't consider Melo a #1 option.
Many people didn't consider Dirk a legit #1 option and they were wrong.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
09-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Op is a sad toothpaste, http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=6F41zjOsT3o

knicksman
09-03-2011, 06:51 AM
That's not important, the important part is the fact that they can't guard anybody! If I played against the knicks i'd score 30. They are 1st round exit easily.

duh defense can be played by anybody like pierce allen. offense is harder than defense so if youre the best in offense then logic(if you have one) will tell you that theres no reason why you cant play defense.

knicksman
09-03-2011, 06:52 AM

then bad for the bulls coz amare and melo are better no. 1 options than rose:lol

stephanieg
09-03-2011, 07:04 AM
NBA history shows that pairing high volume, low efficiency scorers together leads to success.

knickscity
09-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Yet they have both been to the conf finals as the #1 option.

But no way they can't do it together, in a vastly weaker conference?

Can't even get out the 1st?

Wow.

chips93
09-03-2011, 09:38 AM
knicks dont play defense, and heat, bulls, magic, and celtics are all better right now in my books.

Knicksfever2010
09-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Yet they have both been to the conf finals as the #1 option.

But no way they can't do it together, in a vastly weaker conference?

Can't even get out the 1st?

Wow.

relax, OP is just trying to get a rise out of knick fans. I think knick haters are starting to get scared to see the knicks do well again, and i LOVEEEEEE ITTTT

bagelred
09-03-2011, 11:18 AM
knicks dont play defense, and heat, bulls, magic, and celtics are all better right now in my books.

This is complete BS. There's no way you own any books.

Kurosawa0
09-03-2011, 11:37 AM
I actually think New York might be in the ECF against Miami next season. If Chauncey and Amare had been healthy, that series against Boston last year goes at least 6 games.

ShaqAttack3234
09-03-2011, 12:03 PM
:oldlol: So the op is determining this based on what? Amare had the Knicks headed to the playoffs even before the Melo trade, then players who had previously been some of the best players on the team(Gallo, Chandler and Felton) were gone and there was obviously an adjustment period midseason with so many key players gone and that's not all, Billups was in and out of the lineup.

How many teams have a duo as talented as Melo and Amare? Very few, and your point about neither being good enough to be a 1st option doesn't hold much weight considering Boston got to game 7 of the finals in 2010 without a player as good as either and Detroit won a title in 2004 without a player as good as either. Different situations because those teams won because of their defense first, but that's a lot of talent to have in your top 2 players, certainly enough to contend in the East with the right pieces around them.

PowerGlove
09-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Hawks>>>too.

ShaqAttack3234
09-03-2011, 12:12 PM

Not sure about Orlando anymore. What will their lineup be?

PG- Nelson/Duhon
SG- Redick/Arenas
SF- Turkoglu/Quentin Richardson
PF- Bass/Anderson
C- Howard

Arenas and Turkoglu's contracts really hurt them. Based on last season, it's questionable whether Gilbert can even play at an NBA level anymore and he's making a ton of money, while Turkoglu is in his 30's getting paid like an all-star despite only having 1 all-star caliber season(2008) and 1 other that was even remotely close(2009).

That team might win 50 games based on how good Howard is and the games where the shooters are hot, but 47-48 wins is a more realistic prediction.

Miller for 3
09-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Knicks will be lucky to make the playoffs tbh.

Heat, Bulls, Magic, Hawks, Pacers, Sixers, Bucks, Pistons, and Bobcats all have better all around teams that play both sides of the court.

bagelred
09-03-2011, 12:20 PM

Heat, Bulls, Magic, Hawks, Pacers, Sixers, Bucks, Pistons, and Bobcats all have better all around teams that play both sides of the court.

:lol

ShaqAttack3234
09-03-2011, 12:42 PM

How do the Bucks play both sides of the court when they were the worst offensive team in the league last year? Even the year before that with Bogut healthy they were the 8th worst offensive team.

Orlando is looking more and more mediocre offensively as well. Howard doesn't have a legit 2nd option and they were just the 14th best offensive team last year(and I don't see them being any better this season).

Charlotte was also the 5th worst offensive team and mediocre defensively, not sure why you're bringing them up.

Indiana is decent defensively, but the 8th worst offensive team.

Detroit? :wtf: They were the 3rd worst defensive team last season and pretty average offensively.

The Knicks were the 7th best offensive team(and could better this year, imo), yes, they're a crappy defensive team, but you listed a bunch of teams that either can't score, can't defend or are mediocre at both ends, and somehow those teams play both sides? :roll:

The Ownage
09-03-2011, 12:45 PM

:roll:

RRR3
09-03-2011, 12:51 PM
:oldlol: So the op is determining this based on what? Amare had the Knicks headed to the playoffs even before the Melo trade, then players who had previously been some of the best players on the team(Gallo, Chandler and Felton) were gone and there was obviously an adjustment period midseason with so many key players gone and that's not all, Billups was in and out of the lineup.

How many teams have a duo as talented as Melo and Amare? Very few, and your point about neither being good enough to be a 1st option doesn't hold much weight considering Boston got to game 7 of the finals in 2010 without a player as good as either and Detroit won a title in 2010 without a player as good as either. Different situations because those teams won because of their defense first, but that's a lot of talent to have in your top 2 players, certainly enough to contend in the East with the right pieces around them.
:wtf:

kaiiu
09-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Healthy Knicks> Heat
Melo> ' Brick
Amare> Bosh

RRR3
09-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Healthy Knicks> Heat
Melo> ' Brick
Amare> Bosh
Bitter Cavs fan is bitter.

Walker
09-03-2011, 01:30 PM
The players aren't the reason the Knicks will fail.....

http://www.dailyknicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Mike-DAntoni-Playoffs.jpg

chips93
09-03-2011, 01:36 PM
The players aren't the reason the Knicks will fail.....

d'antoni may be a bad defensive coach, but amare and melo ahve never played a lick of defense in their careers, regardless of the coach

unless the knicks get a defensive center i cant see them making any real playoff run.

Dasher
09-03-2011, 01:39 PM
The Knicks still have time to make moves. We haven't even had an off-season yet. I expect Melo and Amar'e to come back better suited to play with each other. The Knicks will benefit from bringing in Mike Woodson if he is given free-reign over the defense. Players like Toney Douglas, former ACC DPOY, have good defensive potential, and intensity could be coaxed out of him and others.

MeLO MvP 15
09-03-2011, 01:57 PM
d'antoni may be a bad defensive coach, but amare and melo ahve never played a lick of defense in their careers, regardless of the coach

unless the knicks get a defensive center i cant see them making any real playoff run.
This is such a major misconception. Amar'e and Melo both seem to be disinterested in defense during the majority of the regular season (although they did each step up for some games, see the HEAT game where they both had good defensive games). But they've both proven they can and will step up their defense in the playoffs. Melo's WCF run in 09 was major proof of that. He was amazing defensively during that run. He's shown that his defense is just a matter of effort. Amar'e was above average or good defensively in his WCF run in 2010. So don't come in here and say that they're both bad defenders. I actually think adding Mike Woodson is really going to help both of them get energized to play defense because you're right, D'Antoni doesn't pressure his guys to defend (which is frustrating), but Woodson and their teammates (Billups and like Melo pressuring Amar'e and vice versa) should be able to do so.

chips93
09-03-2011, 02:07 PM
This is such a major misconception. Amar'e and Melo both seem to be disinterested in defense during the majority of the regular season (although they did each step up for some games, see the HEAT game where they both had good defensive games). But they've both proven they can and will step up their defense in the playoffs. Melo's WCF run in 09 was major proof of that. He was amazing defensively during that run. He's shown that his defense is just a matter of effort. Amar'e was above average or good defensively in his WCF run in 2010. So don't come in here and say that they're both bad defenders. I actually think adding Mike Woodson is really going to help both of them get energized to play defense because you're right, D'Antoni doesn't pressure his guys to defend (which is frustrating), but Woodson and their teammates (Billups and like Melo pressuring Amar'e and vice versa) should be able to do so.

personally, i just dont think defense is a thing that you can just turn on or off, it has to be a habit, you need consistency, and you need your star players to value defense and lead others. i dont think that you can have guys like melo and amare just decide to play defense, and have other follow.

the knicks could be good defensively, with a good center to patrol the paint, a coach who values it, and key players who buy into it, and play hard on d on a daily basis. right now the knicks have none of those things, they could get them by opening night, but i wouldn't bet on it.

knickswin
09-03-2011, 02:14 PM
having an actual center would help a lot probably. Amar'e just doesn't cut it on that end. When he tries he's not completely useless just because of his physical gifts, but he really is a very poor fundamental defender.

I'm hoping we throw some money at Kwame Brown or some other big lug who can go out there and kind of D up when we need it.

Trentknicks
09-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Im not going to say the Knicks are going to win it all next year, but i do think making to the ECF is realistic if we are healthy and develop some chemistry.

A lack of a decent starting centre and some depth on the bench was evident this season. The lack of bench depth will be addressed through FA this season (if there is one) and the following season.

However all the Knicks haters can put us down for our lack of chemistry and first round sweep, but realistically we had less than half a season together. Our defensive stats speak for themselves but if you have a look at our last 10-13 games of the regular season that showed a massive improvement.

As far as the sweet goes, come out we missed Billups and Amare for most of the series. Imagine if Celtics lost Garnett and Rondo to injury?

In summary, judge us at the end of this year once we have had a full season together. All this hate is because people are clearly worried of us on the rise

purplch0de
09-03-2011, 08:00 PM
LOL @ jelo winning anything
fatass needs a better work ethic, a few pictures and tweets of him working out and flipping tractor tires in his garage does not suffice.

iDunk
09-03-2011, 09:19 PM
If Melo isn't a #1 option on offense then neither is LeBron considering Melo has a better offensive game than LeBron. Guess LeBron is a 2.5 option.

BigNBAfan
09-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Im not going to say the Knicks are going to win it all next year, but i do think making to the ECF is realistic if we are healthy and develop some chemistry.

A lack of a decent starting centre and some depth on the bench was evident this season. The lack of bench depth will be addressed through FA this season (if there is one) and the following season.

However all the Knicks haters can put us down for our lack of chemistry and first round sweep, but realistically we had less than half a season together. Our defensive stats speak for themselves but if you have a look at our last 10-13 games of the regular season that showed a massive improvement.

As far as the sweet goes, come out we missed Billups and Amare for most of the series. Imagine if Celtics lost Garnett and Rondo to injury?

In summary, judge us at the end of this year once we have had a full season together. All this hate is because people are clearly worried of us on the rise

so how'd they do? It's been 3-4 years now