PDA

View Full Version : When will the Heat breakup their trio?

ThaSwagg3r
09-03-2011, 11:30 PM
How many more seassons do you think the Heat have to fail to win a title before the Heat start making moves in the front office and start trading one of the three of Wade, LeBron, and Bosh? I prefer either Wade or LeBron leaving and I am ready for this LeBron-Wade experiment to be put to an end. So how many more seasons?

kaiiu
09-03-2011, 11:31 PM
The next time Lebron quits which will most likely be next year.

All Net
09-03-2011, 11:31 PM
They need to win in the next year or two.

ThaSwagg3r
09-04-2011, 03:06 AM
They need to win in the next year or two.
So you think if they don't win next season (if there is one) or the next two seasons they will break it up?

DRose1899
09-04-2011, 03:10 AM
So you think if they don't win next season (if there is one) or the next two seasons they will break it up?
Yep, I'm also think like that.

BruceLeeBowen
09-04-2011, 04:01 AM

Well Wade can't carry that deadweight all the time so miami will kick Lebron out eventually.

gengiskhan
09-04-2011, 04:09 AM
After winning 5 titles in a row & faaaaking up overrated Kobe's legacy forever.

BruceLeeBowen
09-04-2011, 04:22 AM

:applause: :bowdown: Wade 6fmvp :bowdown: :applause:

knicksman
09-04-2011, 04:41 AM
riley is not breaking it up unless either one of them requests a trade. Riley cares more about ticket sales than rings for them.

Math2
09-04-2011, 06:37 AM
riley is not breaking it up unless either one of them requests a trade. Riley cares more about ticket sales than rings for them.

Bron will break them up when his ETO comes in a few years....him or Bosh.

RRR3
09-04-2011, 07:13 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/jpx0rl.jpg

chips93
09-04-2011, 09:13 AM
no team that got to the finals the year previously has ever considered blowing it up the next year. if you are getting to the finals/conference finals with a core of guys under 32 then you should never consider blowing it up.

jrong
09-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Hopefully, this fall if the NBA implements a hard cap. Bye, LeBron. You were brought to Miami to help win a championship.

There were tradeoffs. Everyone knew that you would vaccuum suck every square inch of media attention on the team that there was to be had but the compensation was supposed to be that championship. Instead, you cost them the championship.

Final verdict: the "LeBron James Experience" was not at all worth it.

Eat Like A Bosh
09-04-2011, 08:22 PM
if they fail to win it for the next 2 years

Heavincent
09-04-2011, 08:34 PM

You're always talking about Kobe. I think you're a closet Kobe fan.

All Net
09-04-2011, 08:58 PM

If there is no title after the end of year 3 then yes I do.

And by blowing it up I mean trading one of the big 3 not all.

DMAVS41
09-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Hopefully, this fall if the NBA implements a hard cap. Bye, LeBron. You were brought to Miami to help win a championship.

There were tradeoffs. Everyone knew that you would vaccuum suck every square inch of media attention on the team that there was to be had but the compensation was supposed to be that championship. Instead, you cost them the championship.

Final verdict: the "LeBron James Experience" was not at all worth it.

Way too early to say that. I never expected them to win in year one anyway...obviously they should have because they got a ton of breaks with the Celtics being hurt and the Bulls clearly not being ready....and then they choked away (lebron did at least) what should have been a sure title with the best team and home court.

But its not a failed experiment yet at all. We can't see the future. What if the Heat add a starting center and then run off 2 or 3 in a row.

Will you be calling it a failed experiment if the Heat win 3 titles in 4 years and make the finals 4 years in a row??????

Of course not. So its way too early to tell. It will be a failed experiment if the Heat don't win at least 2 titles in this run.

I still think they are a decent backup sg and a legit starting center away from destroying the league for the next 5 years.

chips93
09-04-2011, 09:00 PM
regardless of circumstance?

say the heat make it to the next 2 finals, the have say, lebron get injured, and they again lose in the finals, then you still blow it up?

imo as long as you are contending you shouldnt be considering blowing it up, what more do you expect?

Bigsmoke
09-04-2011, 09:05 PM
How many more seassons do you think the Heat have to fail to win a title before the Heat start making moves in the front office and start trading one of the three of Wade, LeBron, and Bosh? I prefer either Wade or LeBron leaving and I am ready for this LeBron-Wade experiment to be put to an end. So how many more seasons?

They just made to the Finals last year and you already discussing when they are going to break up. :lol

imo as long as you are contending you shouldnt be considering blowing it up, what more do you expect

THATS MY POINT!

I swear. ThaSwagg3r is the worst Wade fan that anybody could ever imagine.

All Net
09-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Way too early to say that. I never expected them to win in year one anyway...obviously they should have because they got a ton of breaks with the Celtics being hurt and the Bulls clearly not being ready....and then they choked away (lebron did at least) what should have been a sure title with the best team and home court.

But its not a failed experiment yet at all. We can't see the future. What if the Heat add a starting center and then run off 2 or 3 in a row.

Will you be calling it a failed experiment if the Heat win 3 titles in 4 years and make the finals 4 years in a row??????

Of course not. So its way too early to tell. It will be a failed experiment if the Heat don't win at least 2 titles in this run.

I still think they are a decent backup sg and a legit starting center away from destroying the league for the next 5 years.

Well Miami were two games away from a title with no real PG, no center, no depth....if they get a legit center and a good back-up 2/3 man I don't see why 2 titles in 3 years isn't realistic.

However I would like to think if Lakers get a decent PG and a back-up 3 man this team can be champs again.

Dwight signing in L.A could change alot too....here's hoping.

DMAVS41
09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Well Miami were two games away from a title with no real PG, no center, no depth....if they get a legit center and a good back-up 2/3 man I don't see why 2 titles in 3 years isn't realistic.

However I would like to think if Lakers get a decent PG and a back-up 3 man this team can be champs again.

Dwight signing in L.A could change alot too....here's hoping.

Exactly.

Way too early to call it a failed experiment. Its only been 1 year and its not like they didn't come close. Making the finals is an accomplishment....its just that they should have won. They had the title waiting for them and they blew it (mainly lebron and bosh blew it).....

The things we know:

The role/bench players will get better. Miller and Haslem being healthy alone will tremendously improve the team.

The center position will get better.

The chemistry will be better.

Chalmers will be improved next year.

If the Heat are healthy they will simply be a much better team next year. If they add a couple decent pieces and are healthy....they might be damn near unbeatable.

RRR3
09-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Exactly.

Way too early to call it a failed experiment. Its only been 1 year and its not like they didn't come close. Making the finals is an accomplishment....its just that they should have won. They had the title waiting for them and they blew it (mainly lebron and bosh blew it).....

The things we know:

The role/bench players will get better. Miller and Haslem being healthy alone will tremendously improve the team.

If the Heat are healthy they will simply be a much better team next year. If they add a couple decent pieces and are healthy....they might be damn near unbeatable.
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :applause: :applause: :applause:

All Net
09-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Exactly.

The things we know:

If they sign Sammy D and say Battier and have Haslem and Miller back healthy As much as it pains me to say it....It's tough to see anybody beating them...they could win 65+ games.

As bad as Lebron was in the finals the Heat still had great chances to win that series…with Milller/Haslem healthy and a legit C and another back-up swingman how can they be beat? It is scary to think about due to the other contenders age as well. Dallas likely won't look the same next season for starters.

DMAVS41
09-04-2011, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]If they sign Sammy D and say Battier and have Haslem and Miller back healthy As much as it pains me to say it....It's tough to see anybody beating them...they could win 65+ games.

As bad as Lebron was in the finals the Heat still had great chances to win that series

D.J.
09-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I give them 2 more seasons. No rings in the next 2 years, at least one of them will go(most likely Bosh).

RRR3
09-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I give them 2 more seasons. No rings in the next 2 years, at least one of them will go(most likely Bosh).
Poor Bosh. People are unfair to him (not as much as with LBJ but still). The only member of the big 3 that seems to escape blame is Wade.

D.J.
09-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Poor Bosh. People are unfair to him (not as much as with LBJ but still). The only member of the big 3 that seems to escape blame is Wade.

Wade has been the most consistent and reliable.

RRR3
09-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Wade has been the most consistent and reliable.
LOL wut? Until the finals LBJ was much more reliable. I'd say the Finals performance by LBj certainly makes his reliability go down, but before that...
And Wade seems to get a pass when he does suck like in the ECF

D.J.
09-04-2011, 09:47 PM
LOL wut? Until the finals LBJ was much more reliable. I'd say the Finals performance by LBj certainly makes his reliability go down, but before that...
And Wade seems to get a pass when he does suck like in the ECF

Wade didn't choke to death when it mattered. Wade is more consistent and plays better D.

RRR3
09-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Wade didn't choke to death when it mattered. Wade is more consistent and plays better D.
Wade is not a better defender and Wade "Choked" against the Bulls, and losing that series would have meant the same thing as losing to the Mavs...out of the playoffs.

D.J.
09-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Wade is not a better defender and Wade "Choked" against the Bulls, and losing that series would have meant the same thing as losing to the Mavs...out of the playoffs.

Wade is a better defender. LeBron doesn't shut people down. And the Dallas series was much more crucial.

Bigsmoke
09-04-2011, 09:54 PM

LeBron in the Finals >> Wade in the ECFs

ThaSwagg3r
09-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Dude you're talking to the biggest LeBron stan on this site. He has no reasoning or logic behind anything other than LeBron is the best.

RRR3
09-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Wade is a better defender. LeBron doesn't shut people down. And the Dallas series was much more crucial.
Derrick Rose. Who did Wade shut down in the playoffs? Every series in the playoffs is crucial. Losing in any round gets you the same result.

RRR3
09-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Dude you're talking to the biggest LeBron stan on this site. He has no reasoning or logic behind anything other than LeBron is the best.
Ironic coming from the biggest wade dickrider in the universe. ANd how the hell am I a bigger LBJ stan than Pauk?

ThaSwagg3r
09-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Ironic coming from the biggest wade dickrider in the universe. ANd how the hell am I a bigger LBJ stan than Pauk?
You are in the same plane as him but at least he attempts to argue with sort of reasoning. You on the other hand just post crying pictures even though it is you that is crying in every post.

:roll: :roll:

Bigsmoke
09-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Derrick Rose. Who did Wade shut down in the playoffs? Every series in the playoffs is crucial. Losing in any round gets you the same result.

yeah.... LeBron never shut down Derrick Rose/Iggy/Pierce :lol

RRR3
09-04-2011, 09:59 PM
You are in the same plane as him but at least he attempts to argue with sort of reasoning. You on the other hand just post crying pictures even though it is you that is crying in every post.

Yep. I'm worse than pauk. Wow. You may be the biggest idiot I've ever seen. Seriously.

RRR3
09-04-2011, 10:00 PM
yeah.... LeBron never shut down Derrick Rose/Iggy/Pierce :lol
What a scrub. He's obviously the worst player ever. Wade is lucky he has Jamaal Magloire to make up for LeBron's awfulness.

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:05 PM

LeBron in the Finals
-17.8 PPG
-7.1 RPG
-6.8 APG
-1.7 SPG
-47.8% from the field

-3 games under 20 points
-1 game under 10 points

Wade in ECF
-18.8 PPG
-6.4 RPG
-2.2 APG
-1.6 SPG
-1.0 BPG
-40.5% from the field

Wade scored more(albeit on a lower percentage) and played equal to or better D than LeBron did in the Finals. Wade also isn't the supposed best player in the world. Wade also got to the foul line 7 times a game, where as LeBron only got to the line 3 and change a game.

Bigsmoke
09-04-2011, 10:05 PM

that all you can say?

If anything, LeBron's dissappointent in the Finals shows that he's more valuable to the Heat's success than Wade.

LeBron stuggles = series over

Wade struggles = Lebron elevated his game; hits big shots/shut down Rose/get players involve in the offense more/ crash the glass.

Wade give you 6/16 shooting in a elimination game. :lol

Kurosawa0
09-04-2011, 10:06 PM
The more pertinent question is whether or not they get rid of Spo if they lose next year. I almost think you have to.

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Derrick Rose

You mean the same Derrick Rose that put up 23/6+/4 and got to the line over 6 times a game?

DMV2
LeBron in the Finals
-17.8 PPG
-7.1 RPG
-6.8 APG
-1.7 SPG
-47.8% from the field

-3 games under 20 points
-1 game under 10 points

Wade in ECF
-18.8 PPG
-6.4 RPG
-2.2 APG
-1.6 SPG
-1.0 BPG
-40.5% from the field

Wade scored more(albeit on a lower percentage) and played equal to or better D than LeBron did in the Finals. Wade also isn't the supposed best player in the world. Wade also got to the foul line 7 times a game, where as LeBron only got to the line 3 and change a game.
Can you post Wade's 4th Quarter stats against the Bulls?
We all know LeBron averaged 2 points in the Finals. :oldlol:

chips93

this is the one aspect i really worry about. im not sure that lebron and wade's chemistry issues are caused by a lack of time together, i dont think their styles fit well enough together for them to ever be great together. too much overlap of skills, and not enough versatility, and adaption from either of them (especially lebron though)

ThaSwagg3r
that all you can say?

If anything, LeBron's dissappointent in the Finals shows that he's more valuable to the Heat's success than Wade.

Wade struggles = Lebron elevated his game; hits big shots/shut down Rose/get players involve in the offense more/ crash the glass.

Right....I'm sure Bosh playing amazing in the Bulls series and playing terrible in the Finals had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

In the finals.... How many times did we see a Miami possession, especially in the final two games of the series, end badly because of over passing? And how many times did Lebron James get a second touch on these possessions and only contribute a worthless pass to a covered player instead of attacking the defense. LeBron was literally playing hot potato out there and he is the main reason why the Heat were not champions in 2010-11.

The reality is that the all Lebron James had to do was play like a struggling Lebron James and they more than likely would have won the 2011 championship. That is the biggest difference between Wade and Lebron. Lebron didn't even give himself a chance to struggle and it could be because he wanted to continue looking good in the boxscore. Regardless, he just settled into the role of being a very good role player, when that isn't what his team needed at crucial times.

That is the difference between Wade and Lebron, Wade gave himself a chance to struggle in that Bulls series and continued to force the issue despite that. The results? The Heat won the ECF in 5.

Wade contributed in many ways in that Bulls series. He contributed with his great and clutch defense, his play in the clutch in general (especially in Game 5), was still aggressive (unlike LeBron in the NBA Finals) and got to the free throw line and by doing so he put pressure on the defense. He wasn't peripheral like LeBron was. Wade found others way to influence the game. LeBron had virtually no impact in the finals, none, he didn't put any pressure on them and he "checked out" like Stevenson said.

I can accept a star playing poorly more than I can accept a star turning himself into a role player to the detriment of his own team.

Wade absolutely played better D compared to LeBron in the finals. Wade was making clutch blocks and after clutch blocks. LeBron was getting torched by both Marion and Terry.

Bigsmoke
09-04-2011, 10:09 PM
LeBron in the Finals -17.8 PPG -7.1 RPG -6.8 APG -1.7 SPG -47.8% from the field -3 games under 20 points -1 game under 10 points Wade in ECF -18.8 PPG -6.4 RPG -2.2 APG -1.6 SPG -1.0 BPG -40.5% from the field Wade scored more(albeit on a lower percentage) and played equal to or better D than LeBron did in the Finals. Wade also isn't the supposed best player in the world. Wade also got to the foul line 7 times a game, where as LeBron only got to the line 3 and change a game.

but you're saying he's better than LeBron.

Wade didn't have anybody special guarding him in the Bulls series but he give you 18ppg on 40% shooting? LeBron not only took the scoring load and made most of all of the big shots in the Bulls series but also helped get Bosh and Mike Miller "game 4 at least" involved in the offense when Wade was missing wide-open fast break dunks.

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Right....I'm sure Bosh playing amazing in the Bulls series and playing terrible in the Finals had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Bosh was up and down in both series. When he was good, he was really good. Hitting open 15-17 footers, grabbing boards, and playing solid D. When he was bad, he was god awful. For god's sake, Dirk blew right by him in game 2 and on his weak side at that. :facepalm

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:14 PM
but you're saying he's better than LeBron.

Wade didn't have anybody special guarding him in the Bulls series but he give you 18ppg on 40% shooting? LeBron not only took the scoring load and made most of all of the big shots in the Bulls series but also helped get Bosh and Mike Miller "game 4 at least" involved in the offense when Wade was missing wide-open fast break dunks.

I said Wade played better. Wade got to the foul line more than LeBron did in the Finals(and by a clear margin) and played great D. He made some big blocks and contested many shots. He had a subpar shooting percentage, but he more than made up for it with his trips to the foul line and his D. He didn't hurt the team.

kaiiu
09-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Lebrick fans gettin owned in this bitch :oldlol:

ThaSwagg3r
09-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I said Wade played better. Wade got to the foul line more than LeBron did in the Finals(and by a clear margin) and played great D. He made some big blocks and contested many shots. He had a subpar shooting percentage, but he more than made up for it with his trips to the foul line and his D. He didn't hurt the team.
You say Wade is better than LeBron right? I think I asked you this before, looking for your confirmation again

and if you read my long ass post responding to Bigsmoke, I pretty much explained how Wade wasn't as bad as it showed on paper and how Wade was actually a positive to his team in the ECF while LeBron was a detriment to his in the NBA finals.

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:18 PM
You say Wade is better than LeBron right? I think I asked you this before, looking for your confirmation again

and if you read my long ass post responding to Bigsmoke, I pretty much explained how Wade wasn't as bad as it showed on paper and how Wade was actually a positive to his team in the ECF while LeBron was a detriment to his in the NBA finals.

Never said he was better. I said the Heat is Wade's team. Wade wasn't nearly as big a liability as people make him out to be. He played excellent D and got to the foul line. LeBron played like sh*t and the Heat were still in a position to win, especially the game he went 3/11 and only scored 8 points. Miami was up in the 4th, despite the fact.

chips93
09-04-2011, 10:18 PM
You mean the same Derrick Rose that put up 23/6+/4 and got to the line over 6 times a game?

rose's ppg went down, as did his 3pt%, his fg%, his apg, and also his free throw attempts went down, which makes it odd that you would mention it. :confusedshrug:

lebron played great defense on rose

Bigsmoke
09-04-2011, 10:21 PM

Wade played better in the Finals... I know that.

I'm saying that the Heat's success last season was more evolved around LeBron than Wade. You think its some strange coincidence that the Heat could only pull off one win in the entire playoffs with LeBron playing like dodo and The Heat can beat the Sixers and Bulls with Wade not playing Wade basketball?

Before the Finals, who guess was making all of the big shots?

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:21 PM
rose's ppg went down, as did his 3pt%, his fg%, his apg, and also his free throw attempts went down, which makes it odd that you would mention it. :confusedshrug:

lebron played great defense on rose

Rose still got to the line and never scored less than 20 points in any of the 5 games. His production did drop a bit, but it wasn't significant outside of the shooting percentages. Even the best players have had drops in percentages in the playoffs. It wasn't uncommon at all for Michael Jordan to have lower field goal percentages in the playoffs.

chips93
09-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I can accept a star playing poorly more than I can accept a star turning himself into a role player to the detriment of his own team.

had the heat won the series then lebron would have been praised for taking a step back and understanding what his team needed, for sacrificing the stats and adoration for the team goal.

its only that we know now that it didnt work out, that it was a bad thing that he was passive, rather than aggressive and forcing things

ThaSwagg3r
09-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Never said he was better. I said the Heat is Wade's team. Wade wasn't nearly as big a liability as people make him out to be. He played excellent D and got to the foul line. LeBron played like sh*t and the Heat were still in a position to win, especially the game he went 3/11 and only scored 8 points. Miami was up in the 4th, despite the fact.
Then who do you think is the better of the two?

Shit isn't censored anymore btw.
had the heat won the series then lebron would have been praised for taking a step back and understanding what his team needed, for sacrificing the stats and adoration for the team goal.

its only that we know now that it didnt work out, that it was a bad thing that he was passive, rather than aggressive and forcing things
It isn't hard to understand that it is smarter to be aggressive and passive. Would you rather have Mario Chalmers creating their own shot or a struggling LeBron James or Dwyane Wade? Not a tough choice here....

Take it from this guy...

People who think shooting worse than teammates who cant create a shot and pass to you in every situation they can....means you hurt the team...

The-Legend-24
09-04-2011, 10:25 PM
If Pat Riley wants to win titles, then he better get rid of Lebron, he's gonna quit everytime the Heat make the finals. They have a better chance with D-Wade and Bosh together. :oldlol:

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:26 PM
You think its some strange coincidence that the Heat could only pull off one win in the entire playoffs with LeBron playing like dodo and The Heat can beat the Sixers and Bulls with Wade not playing Wade basketball?

Wade only had 2 subpar games against Philly. He was his usual self or close to it in games 3-5. In the Finals, they won game 3with LeBron scoring 17 on 6/14 shooting, were winning in the 4th when he scored 8 points, and also held a lead in game 5. They could have easily won all 3 of those games.

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Then who do you think is the better of the two?

Shit isn't censored anymore btw.

Both are great scorers(though neither is a great shooter) and Wade is a better defender. LeBron is more dominant, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's more skilled.

If Pat Riley wants to win titles, then he better get rid of Lebron, he's gonna quit everytime the Heat make the finals. They have a better chance with D-Wade and Bosh together. :oldlol:

They couldn't win with all 3. Take away any of them, they're not winning.

DuMa
09-04-2011, 10:32 PM
sadly when Wade's athleticism goes in the toilet. which is in 3 years

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:33 PM
sadly when Wade's athleticism goes in the toilet. which is in 3 years

Same goes for LeBron unless he somehow develops a post game.

chips93
09-04-2011, 10:36 PM
It isn't hard to understand that it is smarter to be aggressive and passive. Would you rather have Mario Chalmers creating their own shot or a struggling LeBron James or Dwyane Wade? Not a tough choice here....

but i dont think it was all just moving the ball and not attacking, i think he tried too hard to set up his teammates rather than looking for his shot.

he was still looking to create shots, just mostly for others, and had he succeed, well more importantly had the heat succeeded, he would be receiving a lot of praise.

ThaSwagg3r
09-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Both are great scorers(though neither is a great shooter) and Wade is a better defender. LeBron is more dominant, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's more skilled.
So who is better? That didn't really answer my question. If you had to pick one of them to win a playoff series or playoff run to you, who would you rather have Wade or LeBron? Or who is the better playoff performer to you?

D.J.
09-04-2011, 10:45 PM
So who is better? That didn't really answer my question. If you had to pick one of them to win a playoff series or playoff run to you, who would you rather have Wade or LeBron? Or who is the better playoff performer to you?

To win a series or run, Wade. Wade won a title as the go to guy.

ThaSwagg3r
09-04-2011, 10:47 PM
To win a series or run, Wade. Wade won a title as the go to guy.
That question usually determines who is the better player between two guys.....at least for me. A lot of people have a different criteria for the best player in the league though and a lot of them put too much emphasis on regular season dominance.

jrong
09-04-2011, 11:27 PM
that all you can say?

I can't believe you're such a dumbass. Wade was vital in the clutch in three of the four Bulls series wins and scored 24 pts in the other one.

Wade scored 5 straight points in the 4th quarter to open up a lead in Game 3. He scored six points and blocked three shots in the OT of Game 4. And he was 4/5 in the 4th quarter of Game 5 for 10 pts, including the 4pter that made it a one possession game.

That's the point. Wade was there to support LeBron when it mattered.

So where was LeBron to support Wade in the Finals?

DMAVS41
09-04-2011, 11:44 PM
That question usually determines who is the better player between two guys.....at least for me. A lot of people have a different criteria for the best player in the league though and a lot of them put too much emphasis on regular season dominance.

Totally agree with this. The regular season is important, but not nearly as important as what happens in the playoffs when the games simply matter much more and the other team is locked in. Its too easy to do things in the regular season in the NBA because so many teams just don't come to play each night.

You don't see that in the playoffs.

So its not that I ignore the regular season when I rank players, but usually it just honestly doesn't matter all that much. I want to know what these guys do when its really win or go home. And when comparing great players like Wade or Lebron....the difference in regular season play usually isn't enough to warrant that trumping what you said above.

DMAVS41
09-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I can't believe you're such a dumbass. Wade was vital in the clutch in three of the four Bulls series wins and scored 24 pts in the other one.

Wade scored 5 straight points in the 4th quarter to open up a lead in Game 3. He scored six points and blocked three shots in the OT of Game 4. And he was 4/5 in the 4th quarter of Game 5 for 10 pts, including the 4pter that made it a one possession game.

That's the point. Wade was there to support LeBron when it mattered.

So where was LeBron to support Wade in the Finals?

He wasn't. Don't get me wrong, Wade was simply not good in the Bulls series...but he came through in some big moments and played well enough for the Heat to win. He was clearly better in that series than Lebron was in the finals....it really isn't even close for me.

I don't think people understand. Lebron played so bad that no matter what Wade did...the Heat really had almost no shot to win with Lebron playing such a scrub.

Ronaldinho
09-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Same goes for LeBron unless he somehow develops a post game.
Do you really think that Lebron will develop a post game in a couple of seasons?He need time and a lot of hard work.

D.J.
09-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Do you really think that Lebron will develop a post game in a couple of seasons?He need time and a lot of hard work.

In all fairness, Karl Malone developed that nice 15-17 footer around 1992-1993 and it definitely helped his career.

Butters
09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
You would have to be an insane idiot to want to break up the trio.The teams first year together was an overachievment.They were the second best team in the NBA.

If threre is a season,i'd bet moola that the Heat lock up the #1 seed and make another run to the finals.

:roll: Jesus.The thought just sounds retarded.

"NBA finals in first year together,Better disband the team and rebuild"

RRR3
09-05-2011, 03:20 PM
You would have to be an insane idiot to want to break up the trio.The teams first year together was an overachievment.They were the second best team in the NBA.

If threre is a season,i'd bet moola that the Heat lock up the #1 seed and make another run to the finals.

:roll: Jesus.The thought just sounds retarded.

"NBA finals in first year together,Better disband the team and rebuild"
Swagg3r just wants LBJ gone dude.

All Net
09-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm willing to bet Miami wins 65+ games next season. Basing that on Miller/Haslem coming back healthy and you know Riles will bring in some help via free-agency by getting a C. He will also likely get a back-up 3

RRR3
09-05-2011, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]I'm willing to bet Miami wins 65+ games next season. Basing that on Miller/Haslem coming back healthy and you know Riles will bring in some help via free-agency by getting a C. He will also likely get a back-up 3

PTB Fan
09-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Why would they break their roster?

It was their first year and they made it to the Finals. They'll probably come back and win few titles.

All Net
09-05-2011, 04:22 PM
I hope so!

Lets face it, he is too good not to. As much as people hate him he is a great player who has been top 1-2 in the league for a good 3-4 years.

Kobe didn't get as much hate in 08 but it wasn't that far off. He had a point to prove in 09 and bounced back. Lets see if Lebron can.

RRR3
09-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Lets face it, he is too good not to. As much as people hate him he is a great player who has been top 1-2 in the league for a good 3-4 years.

Kobe didn't get as much hate in 08 but it wasn't that far off. He had a point to prove in 09 and bounced back. Lets see if Lebron can.
I hope so, if for no other reason than him winning will allow people to think more logically about sports again. That said, I also don't think LBJ deserves the amount of venom he's still getting, whether he's a douchebag or not.

ThaSwagg3r
09-05-2011, 04:26 PM

Kobe was never questioned on his mentality nor his intangibles, he was questioned about his maturity and playing within the team concept. Their problems and criticisms are near polar opposites.

All Net
09-05-2011, 04:29 PM
I hope so, if for no other reason than him winning will allow people to think more logically about sports again. That said, I also don't think LBJ deserves the amount of venom he's still getting, whether he's a douchebag or not.

People know Lebron is going to win titles soon, they are just enjoying him fail right now. Even though those people didn't expect Miami to win in their first year anyway. I guess it's just how Miami lost was the issue.

All Net
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Kobe was never questioned on his mentality nor his intangibles, he was questioned about his maturity and playing within the team concept. Their problems and criticisms are near polar opposites.

Never said the reasons were the same but the situation is. Lakers were favourites but failed, like Miami did. It's not so different.

Eat Like A Bosh
09-05-2011, 04:49 PM
How were the Lakers favored over the Celtics? On Paper, the 2008 Celtics > 2008 Lakers.

Probably because Boston took 7 games for the first 2 rounds, while LA went 4, 6, 5 over the Nuggets, Jazz and Spurs, respectively.

ThaSwagg3r
09-05-2011, 04:50 PM
How were the Lakers favored over the Celtics? On Paper, the 2008 Celtics > 2008 Lakers.

Probably because Boston took 7 games for the first 2 rounds, while LA went 4, 6, 5 over the Nuggets, Jazz and Spurs, respectively.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/series?series=lalbos

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SFlSb2Vme1I/AAAAAAAAB6k/X7AaTEhIzrw/s400/espn_celtics_lakers_predictions_2008.JPG

But yeah you are probably right that the Lakers seem to breeze their way through the finals while the Celtics had to fight every tooth and nail to get there.

LBJ 23
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM
ThaSwagg3r are you Samurai Swoosh? It looks like you two changed roles. A while ago ago he was making a ton of hate threads a day regarding Lebron and Miami and now he surprisingly disappeared and you contiue his work. Not to mention you have almost identical style of writing.

D.J.
09-05-2011, 05:30 PM

LA was favored because of experience. Kobe had 3 rings at that point, Derek Fisher had been there before, and they also had Gasol/Bynum. KG, Ray Allen, and Pierce each had 1 CF appearance and never had been to the Finals before.

ThaSwagg3r
09-05-2011, 05:40 PM
ThaSwagg3r are you Samurai Swoosh? It looks like you two changed roles. A while ago ago he was making a ton of hate threads a day regarding Lebron and Miami and now he surprisingly disappeared and you contiue his work. Not to mention you have almost identical style of writing.
No, I agree with most of Samuari Swoosh's posts but not all of it. I respect him but we are different people and different posters. I think he deactivated his account since I can't send him any PMs; I know he temporarily retired for about a week.

AMISTILLILL
09-05-2011, 06:05 PM
People seem content with these 'when they do this, when they do that' scenarios but fail to realize that the financial landscape of the NBA will be altered dramatically once play resumes. They already had hardly any wiggle room in year one as it is. "Picking up a reliable center and PG" and a decent backup wing player isn't in the cards with three gargantuan contracts sucking up any semblance of flexibility. Taking on LeBron and Bosh guarantees to put asses in seats but doesn't necessarily pencil you in for a dynasty. Teams win championships.

They're going to have to hope they luck out with a Ginobli-like late 1st rounder or 2nd round pick, or else trade whichever of the Big Three most closely resembles dead weight if they want to surround their core of talent with adequate role players. Guys like Battier, despite his age and eagerness to win a ring, aren't guaranteed to sign for peanuts. If guys like him are old, they likely want to get that last big payday before retirement. Centers like Dalembert aren't going to sign for a meager amount in Miami because they know they can get paid by contenders or by teams that are a stones throw away from potential elite status. These ideas people have about Miami being 'closer' to Haiti as some sort of incentive for him to sign..? Are you kidding me? The guy is a millionaire. If he wanted he could fly to Haiti for dinner every night from anywhere in the country and fly back home.

Miami had a successful first year of this experiment, despite falling short when it mattered most. Chalk it up to learning. Even if they don't make any significant alterations they're still one of the top 2 or 3 formidable opponents at 3 positions on the floor. If they don't win a championship by the end of the 2013 season, I wouldn't be surprised if Bosh requests a trade. If you thought guys like Gasol got rode hard for having a "soft" reputation, imagine the kind of shitstorm Bosh will have to deal with.

Wade will likely never leave and LeBron will never acknowledge that the move to Miami was a failure, even if heaps of empirical evidence prove quite the contrary.

Eat Like A Bosh
09-05-2011, 07:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/series?series=lalbos

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SFlSb2Vme1I/AAAAAAAAB6k/X7AaTEhIzrw/s400/espn_celtics_lakers_predictions_2008.JPG

But yeah you are probably right that the Lakers seem to breeze their way through the finals while the Celtics had to fight every tooth and nail to get there.
A little off topic, but, did you photoshop Henry Abbott's pic? :oldlol:

ThaSwagg3r
09-05-2011, 07:37 PM
A little off topic, but, did you photoshop Henry Abbott's pic? :oldlol:
I think that was the pic used in 2008.....I just found it on google anyways.

The Iron Fist
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM

[lebronz]wait til Miller and Haslem come back[/stans]

I know Haslem is no center, but the point remains. Every year its the same thing, "just wait til lebron gets a legit _____, then he'll dominate the league and win multiple titles"

DMAVS41
09-05-2011, 09:48 PM

Because people thought (including me) that Kobe would be by far the best player in that series.

Instead, he wasn't one of the two best in my opinion...and of course nobody thought Kobe would allow his team to blow a 24 point lead in a crucial finals game at home.

The Celtics were definitely the better team and Kobe doesn't deserve a ton of blame for losing the series, but he did not play great and was actually not the best player in the series...that was unexpected. If Kobe had been the best player and played great....the Lakers definitely could have won.

That series was a lot closer than everyone seems to remember. The Lakers could have easily been up 3-2 going back to Bostons (blown 24 point lead)....

Doranku
09-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Because people thought (including me) that Kobe would be by far the best player in that series.

Instead, he wasn't one of the two best in my opinion...and of course nobody thought Kobe would allow his team to blow a 24 point lead in a crucial finals game at home.

The Celtics were definitely the better team and Kobe doesn't deserve a ton of blame for losing the series, but he did not play great and was actually not the best player in the series...that was unexpected. If Kobe had been the best player and played great....the Lakers definitely could have won.

That series was a lot closer than everyone seems to remember. The Lakers could have easily been up 3-2 going back to Bostons (blown 24 point lead)....

Yeah, I was very disappointed/surprised to see how much Kobe struggled against that Boston team considering how he shredded the Western Conference (something like 30/6/6 on 50%+ from the field).

I don't think the Lakers were at all the favorites in the series, but if Kobe would have played like he did against any of the Western Conference teams, LA definitely could have won the series or at the very least pushed it to a 7 game series.

The game where they blew the 24 point lead was just so brutal. It finally looked like Kobe had figured out the Boston defense.. he had a great second half in Game 2 and almost facilitated a massive comeback despite AWFUL, one-sided officiating and then tore Boston apart in game 3 for 36 on 12/20 shooting.. and then Game 4 happened. :(

I think if LA wins that series with Kobe playing like he did in the earlier rounds, he has a legitimate argument all-time for being above Shaq/Duncan. 6 rings, 3 Finals MVPs, a 30+/6+/6+ on 50% title run... ah, if only. :lol