the_chosen_1
09-04-2011, 12:25 PM
"how can you say that when prayer brings comfort to so many"

LOL

It must be true then

Bladers
09-04-2011, 01:59 PM
LOL The atheist got owned...

Look at the fool trying to pass opinion as facts.
The same shit these idiots of ISH try to do.

Dude got styled on! :roll:

irondarts
09-04-2011, 02:15 PM
"how can you say that when prayer brings comfort to so many"

"..so do drugs"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Miller for 3
09-04-2011, 02:30 PM
that idiot got owned. i feel bad for atheists after watching this

LJJ
09-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Fools.

"But you are mocking every person who believes in god."

So if an atheist saying he doesn't believe in God means he is mocking everybody who believes in God, I guess that also has to mean by saying you believe in Christianity you are mocking every person in the world who is not a Christian. Nice logic there Fox news.

rezznor
09-04-2011, 02:41 PM
was I the only one hoping that blond bitch would just get snookied?

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/nairmac/snookie-punched-in-the-face.gif

CLE[216]
09-04-2011, 02:42 PM
This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. This has to be some guy fox had on just to make atheists look bad, just doing a poor satire of an atheist.

Actually it's David Silverman, president of American Atheists.

Loneshot
09-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Well still, Fox had him on knowing he's a jackass.

Edit: I had never heard of American Atheists, don't get why atheists would need to form a group. After a quick glance at their website, it's clearly an anti religion group not an atheist group.

You, Miller, and Bladers must have watched a different video. The rest of us saw the "believers" get body-bagged.

Ol Dirty Bastard
09-04-2011, 03:41 PM
That video angered me so much. That lady needed to be knocked the fu** out.

bagelred
09-04-2011, 04:03 PM
When I see a segment like this on a major "news" network (I'm being generous), it makes me really scared for our nation. Fox News should be laughed off the airwaves. Except the opposite happens. The plethora of dolts in this country lap up the idiocy.

purplch0de
09-04-2011, 04:53 PM
atheist did well considering he was arguing against three

miller-time
09-04-2011, 05:03 PM
david silverman annoys me, his entire approach is just foolish. he argues against the most trivial aspects of religion. what was his point?

the guys he was arguing against were just as moronic, no one owned anyone.

GreatGreg
09-04-2011, 05:05 PM

Nope. You're wrong. You're a ****** in disguise and no one cares what you think.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Well still, Fox had him on knowing he's a jackass.

Edit: I had never heard of American Atheists, don't get why atheists would need to form a group. After a quick glance at their website, it's clearly an anti religion group not an atheist group.

You mean the Church of Atheism? Don't worry, its only the beginning.
Soon they will have priests and deacons, sunday masses and sermons.

RedBlackAttack
09-04-2011, 05:15 PM
david silverman annoys me, his entire approach is just foolish. he argues against the most trivial aspects of religion. what was his point?

the guys he was arguing against were just as moronic, no one owned anyone.
I would say that the three FNC hosts owned themselves, if anything. They attempted to have a logical conversation about their religious beliefs. That is the biggest mistake a believer can make. They should have just said, "that is our faith" and ended it at that.

Because, really, that is all it is... Faith, not logic.

Instead, they tried to 'explain' why God wasn't involved in bringing these natural disasters along. They came off looking badly, which is probably why they cut the segment so short.

I doubt if the Atheist had been stuttering and stammering and not making any points that it would have been just a couple of minutes long.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 05:24 PM
You, Miller, and Bladers must have watched a different video. The rest of us saw the "believers" get body-bagged.

Wait so the atheist guy comes out and claims "there is no such things as a spiritual life outside of our self" and the host owns him and schools him on philosophsy concerning what's truth & fact versus what's opinion. You know, the thing bruce blitz does all the time when he starts his video with "Everything I'm about to say is a FACT!"

Anyway, he gets all butt hurt and admits his wrong doing by saying "okay" but then veers into the realm of mocking. We all know mocking is when you have nothing to say. That's what the liners of bill mahers specializes in. The biggest idiot in world's history.

Anyway he says "well if you want to believe in the invisible man in the sky, you can do that." The host owns him again by pointing out that NO religion believes in no such thing, no religion believes in a man in the sky. The dumb idiot responds with "many people do" :roll: :roll:

This fool has now struck out twice, now he's going for a third. He then makes the assertion that religious people don't prepare for diasters, that we should act like atheist and buy candles, food and water.

So basically he believes only 10% of the american population buy candles and water and prepare when a disater is coming?

"Keep your eyes open, keep your ears open" So religious people are deaf and blind? :oldlol:

Seriously, This is the president of Atheists in American? This is your leader? :roll: :roll: :roll:

When his oxymoronic statements were challenge he started to mock the jews.
I now see why so many atheist on here and on the you-tube comments believed he owned fox news. Because you are as dumb as he is.

http://atheists.org/upload/DaveSilverman.jpg

All Hail the King of the Atheists.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

NugzFan
09-04-2011, 05:46 PM
david silverman 1
fox news 0

Bladers
09-04-2011, 05:48 PM
I almost feel like the guy could have been like "You believe in a supernatural being of inherent goodness which is responsible for all of existence and will grant you entry into an eternity of euphoria should you be deemed worthy for the life you lived" and they still would have said "...BUT THAT'S MOCKERY!"

Why is your leader retarded? Why does he believe that only atheists prepare for disaster and buy candles and water?

Why does he believe only atheists can see and hear (be alert) in an impending disaster?

He is your king right or are you in rebellion?

CLE[216]
09-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Why is your leader retarded? Why does he believe that only atheists prepare for disaster and buy candles and water?

Why does he believe only atheists can see and hear (be alert) in an impending disaster?

He is your king right or are you in rebellion?

There is no leader of atheism.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 06:08 PM
']There is no leader of atheism.

That is the biggest lie since the 18th century.

You surely have leaders that are equivalent to priests or apostles.
You have guys like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens who have the most sold atheist books and then guys like Dave Silverman.

Those are your leaders, those are your atheist 'bible'. Remember 'bible' means a collection of books by different authors.

You have atheist conferences and talks and many of your believers attend and also pay.

You also have set beliefs, 99% of atheists believe in evolution.
Basically if you are an atheist, you have to believe in evolution.
Other belief are that the universe came from nothing and that there is no intelligent being, also 99% also doesn't believe in things like the supernatural, life after death, etc.

Those are fundamental beliefs which are portrayed in your bible as well and which every one of your believers believes.

CLE[216]
09-04-2011, 06:15 PM
That is the biggest lie since the 18th century.

You surely have leaders that are equivalent to priests or apostles.
You have guys like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens who have the most sold atheist books and then guys like Dave Silverman.

I've never read any of Dawkins' or Hitchens' books.

You also have set beliefs, 99% of atheists believe in evolution.
Basically if you are an atheist, you have to believe in evolution.
Other belief are that the universe came from nothing and that there is no intelligent being, also 99% also doesn't believe in things like the supernatural, life after death, etc.

That's not what atheists believe.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 06:23 PM
']I've never read any of Dawkins' or Hitchens' books.

Just like many Christians haven't read any books of the christian bible.

']
That's not what atheists believe.

Yes they do, they believe in the big bang which says that the universe was started by a very very very very small bubble which contained the four forces we know today; electromagnetism, gravity, the weak and strong force.

Then gravity got tired of sticking around it left, This caused the small bubble to get so heated it expanded (in other words exploded) and henceforth our known universe.

What they don't tell you is where this supposedly bubble came from.
Essentially they believe it came from nothing and likewise so does the atheists who believe in the theory.

CLE[216]
09-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes they do, they believe in the big bang which says that the universe was started by a very very very very small atom which contained the four forces we know today; electromagnetism, gravity, the weak and strong force.

This small atom got so heated it expanded (in other words exploded) and henceforth our known universe.

What they don't tell you is where this supposedly bubble came from.
Essentially they believe it came from nothing and likewise so does the atheists who believe in the theory.

No, that's not right. We don't know where it came from. That doesn't mean it came from nothing, and it doesn't mean that someone put it there, either.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 06:33 PM
']No, that's not right. We don't know where it came from. That doesn't mean it came from nothing, and it doesn't mean that someone put it there, either.

Who is we?
lol, anyway. Some mainstream scientists believe and have said it came from nothing because they can't explain it.

']it doesn't mean that someone put it there, either.

It also doesn't mean that someone DIDN'T put it there.

RedBlackAttack
09-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Just like many Christians haven't read any books of the christian bible.

Yes they do, they believe in the big bang which says that the universe was started by a very very very very small atom which contained the four forces we know today; electromagnetism, gravity, the weak and strong force.

This small atom got so heated it expanded (in other words exploded) and henceforth our known universe.

What they don't tell you is where this supposedly atom or force came from.
I'm an agnostic. Why don't you 'tell me' what I believe in.

The idea that you can sit here and tell non-believers what they 'believe' is flat-out ridiculous.

If you don't like the facts of the Bible being laid out before you then it seems like you may have issues with your own personal beliefs.

An all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good being decided to make the heaven and earth. He also did other weird stuff like had a bet with the devil to see if one of his followers would stick with him after he intentionally murdered the guy's family, gave him an awful illness, etc.

Also, there was a guy that lived for hundreds of years and he was able to gather together two kinds of every animal (including birds) before there was a massive flood. They all floated peacefully on a boat for many years.

Those things certainly sound more reasonable laid bare than whether or not we have an answer to where the original atom came from.

Do not attempt to have a logical conversation about your religious faith. Believe whatever you want to believe, but let's not act as though this sh!t makes ANY sense in the real world.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 06:49 PM
An all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good being decided to make the heaven and earth. He also did other weird stuff like had a bet with the devil to see if one of his followers would stick with him after he intentionally murdered the guy's family, gave him an awful illness, etc.

If you are going to claim to lay out the facts of the bible, why don't you lay them out correctly?

God didn't murder his family or friends or give him awful illness, the devil did.
Maybe when you read the bible, the next time, read it with your eyes open and with your selective glasses off.

Also, there was a guy that lived for hundreds of years and he was able to gather together two kinds of every animal (including birds) before there was a massive flood. They all floated peacefully on a boat for many years.

Those things certainly sound more reasonable laid bare than whether or not we have an answer to where the original atom came from.

Do not attempt to have a logical conversation about your religious faith. Believe whatever you want to believe, but let's not act as though this sh!t makes ANY sense in the real world.

Lets put it to the test then. Lets say an asteroid was heading straight towards earth and we had 5 years of knowledge and it would be a direct hit that would cause an astronomical flood that would completely destroy earth as we know.

So we begin to build a ocean city ship and then gather together every living animal on land there and then the selected humans.

So when the time came, the asteroid hits, earth is flooded and those in the city ship were saved and those without were killed, including the land animals.

A book was written about it by the people who survived. Now please for crying out loud, for once in your entire life. Be honest with yourself, do you think people 6,000 years later will say something in the realm of: "You believe in a flood that happened thousands of years ago, that killed every living thing in the land except a bunch of people in a ship with a bunch animals with them? This sh!t doesn't makes ANY sense, you're an idiot!"

Right?????????????? No, It would make total sense. The reason you believe it doesn't make sense is because GOD is in the equation.

Sarcastic
09-04-2011, 06:53 PM
If you are going to claim to lay out the facts of the bible, why don't you lay them out correctly?

God didn't murder his family or friends or give him awful illness, the devil did.
Maybe when you read the next time, read it with your eyes open, with your selective glasses off.

Lets put it to the test then. Lets say an asteroid was heading straight towards earth and we had 5 years of knowledge and it would be a direct hit that would cause an astronomical flood that would completely destroy earth as we know.

So we begin to build a ocean city ship and then gather together every living animal on land there and then the selected humans.

So when the time came, the asteroid hits, earth is flooded and those in the city ship were saved and those without were killed, including the land animals.

A book is then written about it, do you think people 1,000 years later will say,

You believe in a flood that happened that killed every living thing in the land except a bunch of people in a ship and the animals with them?
This sh!t doesn't makes ANY sense, you're an idiot!

Right.............. No, It would make total sense. The reason you believe it doesn't is because GOD is in the equation.

There would be physical proof of this asteroid hitting the earth.

There is no physical proof of the flooding in the story of Noah.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 06:54 PM
There would be physical proof of this asteroid hitting the earth.

There is no physical proof of the flooding in the story of Noah.

AHA!!!!!!

There is physical proof of the flood of Noah, plus its also theoretically possible. But my point is not whether or not there is proof because it does not matter. My point is that you atheists often claim something doesn't make sense because of its relationship with 'God' or the 'Supernatural'. but the truth of the matter is that it does! Just as you agreed that the asteroid story makes sense.

What I'm trying to do is get to see why you believe something makes sense or not.
If you take God out of the equation and tell someone that story, they will say it does.
But if you bring God back, they immediately refute that it doesn't and claim that you're an idiot.

Basically I want you to see your bais towards anything that is 'God' related or 'Supernatural' related.

Sarcastic
09-04-2011, 07:04 PM
AHA!!!!!!

There is physical proof of the flood of Noah and its also theoretically possible as well. But my point is that: whether or not there is proof or not is not the matter. You atheists claim it doesn't make sense, but the truth is, that it does! Just as you agreed the asteroid story makes sense.

What I'm trying to do is get to see why you believe something makes sense or does not.
If you take God out of the equation and tell someone that story, they will say it does.
But if you bring God back, they immediately refute that it doesnt and claim that you're an idiot.

Basically I want to see your bais towards anything that is 'God' related or 'Supernatural' related.

I don't care if something makes sense or not, just whether there is evidence behind it and can be proven.

If the existence of God could be proven without faith, I would believe in it.

shlver
09-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Atheists are condescending, there is no way around that. Theists use ignorance as a central component to their faith, but atheists disregard and ignore it.

shlver
09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
This guy is condescending, has nothing to do with his beliefs. He just happened to be condescending about the topic of religion. He's an a**hole who happens to be an atheist, he's not an a**hole because he's an atheist.
No my second statement shows that the position of an atheist requires a disregard of his ignorance on supernatural matters. They do not know but they say definitely that there are no gods. Theists do not know so they are putting their faith and belief in something higher. Notice that these atheists are adamant on atheism not being a belief system.

shlver
09-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I guess when I think about atheists I don't think about them as a group, it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say "these atheists"
The ones in this thread and the president as well if you read their website.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 07:31 PM
I guess when I think about atheists I don't think about them as a group, it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say "these atheists"

People who believe "there is not God."

Faith means "belief that is not based on proof" (dictionary.reference.com)

Atheist have no proof that there is no God, therefore they have to rely on faith no matter how much they reject that they do.

Is He Ill
09-04-2011, 07:32 PM
:roll: Why would you pray anyway, if "God" wants it to happen it will. What kind of idiot doesn't prepare for a crisis?

Bladers
09-04-2011, 07:34 PM
:roll: Why would you pray anyway, if "God" wants it to happen it will. What kind of idiot doesn't prepare for a crisis?

According to your president, 96% of the united states doesn't.
The only ones who should be laughing is us. :roll:@ ur tardass president

Is He Ill
09-04-2011, 07:35 PM
According to your president, 96% of the united states doesn't.
The only one who should be laughing is us. :roll: :roll:

Well, they are idiots.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, they are idiots.

You think 96% of the united states doesn't prepare for crisis?

:roll: O boy, it flows from the lineage!

Is He Ill
09-04-2011, 07:38 PM
You think 96% of the united states doesn't prepare for crisis?

Oh it flows from the linage! :roll: :roll:

What president are we talking about here?

Bladers
09-04-2011, 07:40 PM
What president are we talking about here?

Hail the King of the Atheists.

CLE[216]
09-04-2011, 07:40 PM
People who believe "there is not God."

Faith means "belief that is not based on proof" (dictionary.reference.com)

Atheist have no proof that there is no God, therefore they have to rely on faith no matter how much they reject that they do.

That line of reasoning will always be flawed. You can justify the existence of just about anything by using it.

Is He Ill
09-04-2011, 07:41 PM

Hail the King of the Atheists.

I'm not an atheist.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 07:42 PM
']That line of reasoning will always be flawed. You can justify the existence of just about anything by using it.

Nope, Try to come up with one, you will see.

RedBlackAttack
09-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Maybe when you read the bible, the next time, read it with your eyes open and with your selective glasses off.

Actually, a violent windstorm killed his family and it is assumed that the tragedy came directly from God...

1:16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
1:17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
1:18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
1:19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
1:20 Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,
1:21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/job/1.html#13

It was the LORD. And, even if Satan was capable of bringing upon Job a violent windstorm that killed everyone that he loved, God is all-powerful and his gambling problem with the devil directly led to the deaths of Job's family. An all-powerful God could clearly halt such a devious plot.

He didn't stop it... In fact, he encouraged it... And, perhaps, caused it.

Know your Bible.

A book was written about it by the people who survived. Now please for crying out loud, for once in your entire life. Be honest with yourself, do you think people 6,000 years later will say something in the realm of: "You believe in a flood that happened thousands of years ago, that killed every living thing in the land except a bunch of people in a ship with a bunch animals with them? This sh!t doesn't makes ANY sense, you're an idiot!"

Right?????????????? No, It would make total sense. The reason you believe it doesn't make sense is because GOD is in the equation.
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here, I think. There is nothing plausible about Noah's Ark.

Not the building of the ship. Not the fact that he lived to be over 600 years old. Not the fact that he somehow wrangled together two of every animal, including birds. Not the fact that those animals, many of which were predators, didn't cause absolute chaos on said ship....

None of it makes any sense in any context... Current or 2,000 years ago.

CLE[216]
09-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Nope, Try to come up with one, you will see.

Do you believe in Shiva? Probably not. Now prove to me that Shiva doesn't exist.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I also have no proof that there is no Godzirra. I have no proof that the Tooth Fairy isn't real.:confusedshrug: That logic is just silly.

We have scanned the entire earth with satellite imaging and have no found one Godzilla who is suppose to live on the earth. That my friend is proof that Godzilla doesn't exist.

The proof that the tooth fairy isn't real is that she doesn't come to take anyone's tooth.

Let me help you and throw in santa claus.
Again we have constants 24/7 satellite tracking of the entire earth and we have not seen any person with a red coat flying with rein deers nor do any one run down peoples chimneys on Christmas and give them presents.

That my friend is proof that santa claus doesn't exist.

Is He Ill
09-04-2011, 07:50 PM
We have scanned the entire earth with satellite imaging and have no found one Godzilla who is suppose to live on the earth. That my friend is proof that Godzilla doesn't exist.

The proof that the tooth fairy isn't real is that she doesn't come to take anyone's tooth.

Let me help you and throw in santa claus.
Again we have constants 24/7 satellite tracking of the entire earth and we have not seen any person with a red coat flying with rein deers nor do any one run down peoples chimneys on Christmas and give them presents.

That my friend is proof that santa claus doesn't exist.

Godzilla lives underwater.

CLE[216]
09-04-2011, 07:58 PM
']Do you believe in Shiva? Probably not. Now prove to me that Shiva doesn't exist.

I'm waiting, Bladers.

shlver
I like how you guys are trying to argue with Bladers.

Bladers
Actually, a violent windstorm killed his family and it is assumed that the tragedy came directly from God...

It was the LORD. And, even if Satan was capable of bringing upon Job a violent windstorm that killed everyone that he loved, God is all-powerful and his gambling problem with the devil directly led to the deaths of Job's family. An all-powerful God could clearly halt such a devious plot.

Know your Bible.

LOL Now of a truth I know you are an idiot, and need no more evidence to believe so. You went to an atheist site which are known to butcher the bible by taking every single thing out of context? Are you really this desperate?

"And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD." (Job 1:12)

Please don't ever question me on the bible unless you want to seriously get buried alive. Especially someone as clueless as you, those atheist sites won't do you any good against someone who actually knows their bible.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here, I think. There is nothing plausible about Noah's Ark.

Not the building of the ship. Not the fact that he lived to be over 600 years old. Not the fact that he somehow wrangled together two of every animal, including birds. Not the fact that those animals, many of which were predators, didn't cause absolute chaos on said ship....

See you are now rambling on. Which people usually do when they are backed into a corner.

But I will give you one more chance. Notice how you didn't answered the question, now why is that? So you won't be held responsible when I etter you based on your answer.

Answer the damn question and I promise, I will own you! Just answer the damn question in relation to the scenario. Yes or no: "Do you think people 6,000 years later will say something in the realm of: "You believe in a flood that happened thousands of years ago, that killed every living thing in the land except a bunch of people in a ship with a bunch animals with them? This sh!t doesn't makes ANY sense, you're an idiot!"

Bladers
09-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Godzilla lives deep in the ocean

"Godzilla is able to survive in the ocean for indefinite periods of time and is as adept a fighter underwater as he is on land."

He would eventually have to come up, but since he hasn't that is a definite proof that he doesn't exist.

Bladers
09-04-2011, 08:10 PM
']I'm waiting, Bladers.

Its a man made god. So it exists.

Kungfro
09-04-2011, 08:10 PM
I like how you guys are trying to argue with Bladers.

http://i56.tinypic.com/kefbkw.png

Bladers
09-04-2011, 08:12 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/kefbkw.png

Isn't this what people say when they can't debate or being pounded in a debate?

Its a GOAT cop-out move to avoid the responsibility of explaining what you believe in.

GreatGreg
09-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey Bladers, what you believe in is WRONG. You are following the WRONG ideology. You and your religion are WRONG.

See, how come it's okay for religious nuts to berate atheism, but not vice versa?

Bladers
09-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey Bladers, what you believe in is WRONG. You are following the WRONG ideology. You and your religion are WRONG.

See, how come it's okay for religious nuts to berate atheism, but not vice versa?

We don't berate atheism at all. We are not the ones calling the other side of the spectrum delusional, idiots, fools for believing in what they believe in.

Go listen to bill mahers talking about God and religion, then come back.

Sarcastic
09-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I no longer believe in Godzilla:(

I stopped believing in him after the Matthew Brodderick movie.

808s&kobesteaks
09-04-2011, 08:23 PM

atheists consider stuff like putting up a christmas tree in the mall as "shoving religion down our throats!"...atheists are so whiney, on the same level as gays.

Kungfro
09-04-2011, 08:25 PM
atheists consider stuff like putting up a christmas tree in the mall as "shoving religion down our throats!"...atheists are so whiney, on the same level as gays.

That's why I celebrate Festivus.

808s&kobesteaks
09-04-2011, 08:30 PM
That's why I celebrate Festivus.
"It was created by writer Dan O'Keefe and introduced into popular culture by his son Daniel, a screenwriter for the TV show Seinfeld"

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o231/okthenic/george.jpg

808s&kobesteaks
09-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Like the other side isn't guilty of the same thing but to a more extreme degree. Any kind of atheist signs in public tend to get the panties into wads(often times leading to them being taken down), yet there's plenty of religious stuff everywhere which barely raises an eyebrow. Bit of a double standard.

the religious signs are usually intended to help other people/give people some hope...the atheist signs are just to be douches, a sign promoting atheism, the belief in nothing...

Quizno
09-04-2011, 08:47 PM
honestly david silverman is an asshole though

CLE[216]
09-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Its a man made god. So it exists.

So all fictional characters exist simply because someone thought of them?

808s&kobesteaks
09-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I've also seen plenty of distasteful ones too though.

http://datingjesus.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/offensive-christian-billboard-18267-1236608489-2.jpg

:roll:

fake

and you posted 1 that you got off the internet

youre that guy that goes to the gym to ride the bikes, id expect you to be sensitive

808s&kobesteaks
09-04-2011, 09:05 PM
You thought that I ran outside and snapped a pic in between posts or something?:oldlol:

no i figured if you see plenty of offensive christian ads you would have taken a picture of one.

shlver
09-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I've also seen plenty of distasteful ones too though.

http://datingjesus.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/offensive-christian-billboard-18267-1236608489-2.jpg

lol what the hell

Hazard
09-04-2011, 09:36 PM
At this moment I am praying to the invisible flying elephant in your room that he farts in your dinner. Amen.

vinsane01
09-04-2011, 10:01 PM
I didnt like how the atheist presented himself. When your debating with religious people, the use of humility while presenting rational arguments is imperative and it's proper usage and presentation is what constitutes an ownage IMO. But then again what can you do with such a hostile interview. It's like fox invited him with the prime purpose of screaming at him.

knickballer
09-04-2011, 10:29 PM
I didnt like how the atheist presented himself. When your debating with religious people, the use of humility while presenting rational arguments is imperative and it's proper usage and presentation is what constitutes an ownage IMO. But then again what can you do with such a hostile interview. It's like fox invited him with the prime purpose of screaming at him.

the best part was how the fox news crew scolded at him for preparing for the hurricane with candles, water, canned foods. God has sent that hurricane and yet the people pray for god's help? Seems like a bad man!

Patrick Chewing
09-04-2011, 10:56 PM

No shit. It's so popular to bash religion when generations upon generations of years passed were much more in tune with religion and spirituality. What's going on now is just a regression of culture and values and a focus on the here and the now, yet all the science in the world when you break it down to its simplest form, cannot yet explain what is really the here and now. We know we exist in space, but outside of that, there is no conclusive fact on anything else.

For idiots like this guy, and the idiots that feel and think the same way he does, the only thing they have going for them is their stout belief that what they are saying is entirely correct, and the rest of world is foolish. I mean wake up, people. The guy is clearly an an a**hole as you can see in this video.

Whiteness
09-04-2011, 11:07 PM
']So all fictional characters exist simply because someone thought of them?
aliens.

chips93
09-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Fools.

"But you are mocking every person who believes in god."

So if an atheist saying he doesn't believe in God means he is mocking everybody who believes in God, I guess that also has to mean by saying you believe in Christianity you are mocking every person in the world who is not a Christian. Nice logic there Fox news.

he says pretty explicitly that there is no god, he passed it off as fact and not a religious belief

Hittin_Shots
09-04-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't think he meant that religious people don't prepare at all Bladers, what I got is that if they sit down and pray while putting off preparation they're wasting that time they could be using to prepare more.

Also I don't know who appoints the president of atheism. Did he just start a group or get appointed president of a group and you're claiming that he is the king of atheists bladers? I would say barely any atheists would have even heard of this group let alone a president of it.

shlver
09-05-2011, 12:05 AM
No shit. It's so popular to bash religion when generations upon generations of years passed were much more in tune with religion and spirituality. What's going on now is just a regression of culture and values and a focus on the here and the now, yet all the science in the world when you break it down to its simplest form, cannot yet explain what is really the here and now. We know we exist in space, but outside of that, there is no conclusive fact on anything else.

For idiots like this guy, and the idiots that feel and think the same way he does, the only thing they have going for them is their stout belief that what they are saying is entirely correct, and the rest of world is foolish. I mean wake up, people. The guy is clearly an an a**hole as you can see in this video.
Well said. We have an abundance of immaturity on both spectrums in this thread.

Lakers Legend#32
09-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Yet another reason to hate FOX News.

Rockets(T-mac)
09-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Funny thing is, even prayer will help more for the hurricane then, these idiots talking about things that don't matter. Who the **** cares what someone believes, if people just lived life and tried to be good human beings instead of getting all salty about religion the world would be much better off.

miller-time
09-05-2011, 01:55 AM
No my second statement shows that the position of an atheist requires a disregard of his ignorance on supernatural matters. They do not know but they say definitely that there are no gods. Theists do not know so they are putting their faith and belief in something higher. Notice that these atheists are adamant on atheism not being a belief system.

what does that even mean? its different to be ignorant of supernatural matters and to find the evidence of supernatural matters to be either fallacious or non-convincing. a disbelief in the supernatural doesn't have to be constituted by an ignorance of it.

i'm not sure if you are referring to david silverman himself, or specific atheists, or atheists in general. but in general, plenty of atheists are capable of understanding and yet still reject supernatural claims.

Lebowsky
09-05-2011, 05:45 AM
AHA!!!!!!

There is physical proof of the flood of Noah, plus its also theoretically possible. But my point is not whether or not there is proof because it does not matter. My point is that you atheists often claim something doesn't make sense because of its relationship with 'God' or the 'Supernatural'. but the truth of the matter is that it does! Just as you agreed that the asteroid story makes sense.

What I'm trying to do is get to see why you believe something makes sense or not.
But if you bring God back, they immediately refute that it doesn't and claim that you're an idiot.

Basically I want you to see your bais towards anything that is 'God' related or 'Supernatural' related.

No, it's not theoretically possible by any means. All the liquid water on earth, plus all the ice on the polar caps and glaciers and all the water vapor in the atmosphere put together wouldn't be remotely close to covering the earth to the top of the highest mountains. Not even to the top of the highest mountains known back then.

miller-time
09-05-2011, 06:01 AM
No, it's not theoretically possible by any means. All the liquid water on earth, plus all the ice on the polar caps and glaciers and all the water vapor in the atmosphere put together wouldn't be remotely close to covering the earth to the top of the highest mountains. Not even to the top of the highest mountains known back then.

reminds me of this video lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8SizmM-_5M

RidonKs
09-05-2011, 11:38 AM
this guys been making the rounds on the network news shows, and he's as much of a gimmick as any of the worst offenders from the other side of the coin. the "American Atheists"... what a load of bull.

atheist: "so your god sent this hurricane?"
chick: NO!
atheist: "aha, so your god could easily turn the hurricane around?"
chick: NO!
atheist: "so he's not all powerful then!"

enormous toolbag with no more credibility than Fox News themselves; and in fact, based on that one clip, even less, and that says something. that assh*le has no interest in talking about beliefs and giving substantial positions, he just wants to shout and then get paid for the appearance. jack*ass

Jailblazers7
09-05-2011, 11:49 AM
That video was painful.

"Act like athiests in the case of a natural disaster." ****ing moron.

bigdog13
09-05-2011, 12:15 PM

but the old man and the dyke at no time say that their religion is an opinion. those fox "newsers" have no proof.

Cangri
09-05-2011, 12:19 PM
I bet not one of these morons believe in god, or follow their beliefs, they are all hypocrites.

bigdog13
09-05-2011, 12:22 PM
We all know why we need God in our lives. Just admit it. It is because we are the only species that can rationalize our death and demise. We are weak and cannot beleive that that can be it. Therefore we made up a god.

How many of you have the exact religion as your parents? how many of you actually proactively choose your religion and it that it was not just cast upon you, you weaklings.

OhNoTimNoSho
09-05-2011, 01:14 PM
He was doing well until the end when he got shook and lost his cool. If he just held out the whole time it would have been dope.

RidonKs
09-05-2011, 02:01 PM
He is sort of the reverse Bladers
that's like saying the fonz is a reverse satan... Bladers belongs on a level of his own, and i think most people would be happy to leave him there by himself and never interact with him again. unfortunately he keeps crawling out of the depths and forcing bullsh*t into the ears of unsuspecting innocents. a lot like satan, actually.

Legend of Josh
09-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I also have no proof that there is no Godzirra. I have no proof that the Tooth Fairy isn't real.:confusedshrug: That logic is just silly.

:facepalm

This is why you're a moron. Your line of thinking is beyond elementary. Comparing God to the tooth fairy and actually using that as a basis to not believe is just plain ignorant.

Apples and oranges, yet we're supposed to believe the tooth, fairy, Santa Clause and the flying 'getti monster are all one in the same.

:hammerhead:

Bladers
09-05-2011, 03:11 PM

Wait what? Please don't tell me you 're joking..

Hurricane Irene brought in a little rain for about one concentrated hour and you see flooding like this:

http://renegadehealth.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/monroe-township-flooding-hurricane-irene-10.jpg

Now imagine an instense storm for 24 hours, 40 days!
Please, be real!:facepalm

We don't even need to mention the fountains of the deep, the ocean.

Legend of Josh
09-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Know your Bible.

Job was blessed and rewarded greatly for what he endured. His story is one of the most well known, taught, applied and cherished throughout history. Job (or the story of Job) is highly admired and appreciated by followers and during the times of the Old Testament, Job was regarded as a 'hero' somewhat like the Apostle Paul is today from the New Testament.

LOL @ your "God's gambling problem" ... God was very proud of Job. God had faith in Job. God, had a plan and purpose for Job. That purpose was what he endured so his story could be experienced, read, known and appreciated for thousands of years that followed.

God knew exactly what He was doing. All the while, playing Satan like a snake he is. Satan had an opportunity to use his own pride and envy in an attempt to shame God, but ended up failing - and the outcome is Job's story and the millions (if not billions) who have and forever will cherish it forever.

Why would God 'halt' what Satan did? God had a divine purpose for Job, by stopping Satan wouldn't have the everlasting impact it has for followers of the faith. In the end, God rewarded Job endlessly and his legacy is forever remembered for that.

Everything God does, or has done is for one purpose or another. We can't fully understand His wisdom, but He does. Here we are, too busy flipping through pages and stories in the Bible trying to find holes and faults instead of just being open minded, applying what's in it in a positive and constructive way as it was intended to do in the first place.

Most people who go to such ends to mock and discredit the Bible are extremely fascinated with it at the same time. Granted, most are ignorant of it and have not fully read it, or studied it with an open mind and heart, but yet they want to bash it and do whatever in their power to destroy it and prove it false.

Why not just let it be... why be so concerned, fascinated and interested in bringing its demise?

:confusedshrug:

People go to such lengths to disprove the Bible, because it gives them comfort in what they want to believe, which is that there is no God. They want to believe that SO BAD. One way of getting there comfortably, is to get rid of the Bible. Yeah, good luck.

Bladers
09-05-2011, 03:29 PM
:lol
The point was that there isn't enough water on the planet to do that. If you melted all the ice caps, and all the water was rained out of the sky, there would still be land.

God had a sphere of water surrounding the earth at that time. What we call water vapor. The bible says he opened the windows of heaven and the water vapor fell as rain.

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven... And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas"

Genesis 1:6

Legend of Josh
09-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Like the other side isn't guilty of the same thing but to a more extreme degree. Any kind of atheist signs in public tend to get the panties into wads(often times leading to them being taken down), yet there's plenty of religious stuff everywhere which barely raises an eyebrow. Bit of a double standard.

LOL, why in the hell would someone want to put up an atheist sign? What's the purpose or reasoning of promoting atheism? How exactly does that help anything?

Atheists want to play the atheism is not looked at like a religion itself card, yet they want to do anything and everything they can to promote it and get others on-board. Yeah, same thing.

RidonKs
09-05-2011, 03:56 PM
duck! it's the truth!!!!

808s&kobesteaks
09-05-2011, 04:12 PM
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/atheism.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/TJ.png
this is basically what every atheist looks like, and if you watch his videos, its how douchey and whiney every atheist is...how can you even be associated with people like this, even if you dont believe in God, just pretend you do, you can at least become friends with pretty christian girls who are willing to be your friend because God says to be nice to others.

miller-time
09-05-2011, 04:24 PM
LOL, why in the hell would someone want to put up an atheist sign? What's the purpose or reasoning of promoting atheism? How exactly does that help anything?

often atheists have to hide because religious people in their community would ostracize them if they come out. sometimes its comforting to know that there are other people like you?

Legend of Josh
09-05-2011, 04:33 PM
often atheists have to hide because religious people in their community would ostracize them if they come out. sometimes its comforting to know that there are other people like you?

LOL. You can't be serious. You're always trying to make it seem like it's the atheists who are mocked and always ridiculed, and never religious people. What fu*king world are you living in? You know what you're saying is bullshit. This message board is constant proof of that.

To every Christian or religious poster here, there's a hundred more who are ready at the blink of an eye to bash and talk shit about God/religion.

Jailblazers7
09-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Most people that I know who are athiests keep it quiet because they respect other peoples' religious beliefs and do not want to alienate or offend anyone. Most of the outspoken athiest attacks on religion that I've seen have been on the internet.

miller-time
09-05-2011, 04:42 PM
LOL. You can't be serious. You're always trying to make it seem like it's the atheists who are mocked and always ridiculed, and never religious people. What fu*king world are you living in? You know what you're saying is bullshit. This message board is constant proof of that.

To every Christian or religious poster here, there's a hundred more who are ready at the blink of an eye to bash and talk shit about God/religion.

when? i've probably mentioned it once or twice before, and i've never said religious people are never mocked or ridiculed. i know they are and i don't agree with atheists or anyone else doing it. actually in my post above i didn't even say atheists were being mocked, i said they feel ostracized from their community, and in some cases even family.

this is the news story i was thinking about when i made the original post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTRDRP2n4Sk

808s&kobesteaks
09-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Most people that I know who are athiests keep it quiet because they respect other peoples' religious beliefs and do not want to alienate or offend anyone. Most of the outspoken athiest attacks on religion that I've seen have been on the internet.

Most atheists are quiet in real life, its on the internet where they say how they really feel and have the confidence to whine about religion.

serious, go to any site, sh*t i live in The Bible Belt where its 99 percent christian, if you go to my cities local news site, its 99 percent atheists talking on the "message board"/news stories...and of course they find a way to bash religion in non-religious news stories

the internet is where atheists live out their lives...while christians are the ones actually doing sh*t, like playing sports..

kentatm
09-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I think they all kind of came off like pricks.

RedBlackAttack
09-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Job was blessed and rewarded greatly for what he endured. His story is one of the most well known, taught, applied and cherished throughout history. Job (or the story of Job) is highly admired and appreciated by followers and during the times of the Old Testament, Job was regarded as a 'hero' somewhat like the Apostle Paul is today from the New Testament.

LOL @ your "God's gambling problem" ... God was very proud of Job. God had faith in Job. God, had a plan and purpose for Job. That purpose was what he endured so his story could be experienced, read, known and appreciated for thousands of years that followed.

God knew exactly what He was doing. All the while, playing Satan like a snake he is. Satan had an opportunity to use his own pride and envy in an attempt to shame God, but ended up failing - and the outcome is Job's story and the millions (if not billions) who have and forever will cherish it forever.

Why would God 'halt' what Satan did? God had a divine purpose for Job, by stopping Satan wouldn't have the everlasting impact it has for followers of the faith. In the end, God rewarded Job endlessly and his legacy is forever remembered for that.

Everything God does, or has done is for one purpose or another. We can't fully understand His wisdom, but He does. Here we are, too busy flipping through pages and stories in the Bible trying to find holes and faults instead of just being open minded, applying what's in it in a positive and constructive way as it was intended to do in the first place.

Most people who go to such ends to mock and discredit the Bible are extremely fascinated with it at the same time. Granted, most are ignorant of it and have not fully read it, or studied it with an open mind and heart, but yet they want to bash it and do whatever in their power to destroy it and prove it false.

Why not just let it be... why be so concerned, fascinated and interested in bringing its demise?

:confusedshrug:

People go to such lengths to disprove the Bible, because it gives them comfort in what they want to believe, which is that there is no God. They want to believe that SO BAD. One way of getting there comfortably, is to get rid of the Bible. Yeah, good luck.

Not sure exactly how to respond to a post that really doesn't pertain to me. First of all, I'm not an Atheist, I'm an Agnostic. I think that the most outspoken Atheists can be as annoying as the worst religious fundamentalists.

My post was not intended to mock religion. It was meant to prove that you really can't have a logical conversation about the stories of the Bible without it sounding like mockery.

You are free to believe whatever you want and I will respect you for it. But, it is entirely based on faith. In a literal, real-world sense, these stories do not add up and, to an outsider, they do sound utterly ridiculous.

That isn't to say that I'm trying to talk anyone out of following their heart and being theists. If it brings comfort to you and helps you get through the day, more power to you.

Let's just not pretend as though the stories in the Bible are perfectly logical and conducive to anything that we see on a day-to-day basis. At some point, to believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, you just have to take that leap of faith.

Being an Agnostic means being willing to admit that you don't know for a fact what the origins of the universe are or what happens when we die. I happen to believe that -- deep down -- we are all Agnostic.

boozehound
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Most atheists are quiet in real life, its on the internet where they say how they really feel and have the confidence to whine about religion.

serious, go to any site, sh*t i live in The Bible Belt where its 99 percent christian, if you go to my cities local news site, its 99 percent atheists talking on the "message board"/news stories...and of course they find a way to bash religion in non-religious news stories

the internet is where atheists live out their lives...while christians are the ones actually doing sh*t, like playing sports..
yep, no crazy Xtians on the internet. That is for sure. this shit is so dumb. and, yes josh, Xtians are not persecuted for their beliefs in this country. Anyone trying to make it out like they are is using massive hyperbole or has no idea what persecution is.

Legend of Josh
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Not sure exactly how to respond to a post that really doesn't pertain to me. First of all, I'm not an Atheist, I'm an Agnostic. I think that the most outspoken Atheists can be as annoying as the worst religious fundamentalists.

My post was not intended to mock religion. It was meant to prove that you really can't have a logical conversation about the stories of the Bible without it sounding like mockery.

You are free to believe whatever you want and I will respect you for it. But, it is entirely based on faith. In a literal, real-world sense, these stories do not add up and, to an outsider, they do sound utterly ridiculous.

That isn't to say that I'm trying to talk anyone out of following their heart and being theists. If it brings comfort to you and helps you get through the day, more power to you.

Let's just not pretend as though the stories in the Bible are perfectly logical and conducive to anything that we see on a day-to-day basis. At some point, to believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, you just have to take that leap of faith.

Being an Agnostic means being willing to admit that you don't know for a fact what the origins of the universe are or what happens when we die. I happen to believe that -- deep down -- we are all Agnostic.

RBA, I know your position and your agnostic stance on this subject. I wasn't referring to you and athesits in the same regard. If it came off like that, my bad. I can see why you'd arrive at that conclusion since I quoted you, but that wasn't where I was going with it.

I enjoy reading your thoughts on matters of such. Do I think the Bible is 100% surefire the real deal holyfield without question or speculation? No, I do not. Man, technically wrote the texts, but it was administered by the helping hand of God or however you want to word it...

So IMO, it's not going to be 100% entirely truth without question, but the foundations, basics and fundamentals are surefire Godly influenced, and while we may not have got it entirely corrrect, we got enough for God to allow some color in what most think is a black and white model for life.

In the end, we'll know exactly how accurate we were, or inaccurate you can say. In the mean time... there's so much realness in the Word and how it relates to the world we're living in today (New Testament primarily), that it simply can't be ignored.

It's all about faith. Folks like Bladers who attempt to use facts, science etc as a means to prove God is a lost cause... that isn't the way, not the plan, not the intention or purpose... it's all faith. Faith and science can't coexist, and Christians who try and argue God based on science are barking up the wrong tree and only further holding us back.

It's simple. You either believe, or you don't. We don't need scholars and scientists going at it back and forth, God wants us on all levels, to know He is real and His message, which is why it is as simple as it is... whereas, skeptics and non-believers call it obvious brain washing man upstairs in the clouds and compare santa clause and tooth fairy as a comparison.

RedBlackAttack
09-05-2011, 09:05 PM
It's all about faith. Folks like Bladers who attempt to use facts, science etc as a means to prove God is a lost cause... that isn't the way, not the plan, not the intention or purpose... it's all faith. Faith and science can't coexist, and Christians who try and argue God based on science are barking up the wrong tree and only further holding us back.
^^^Exactly the point of every post I have made in this thread.

When -- as a person of religion -- you have reached the point where you can admit it, I say 'more power to you.'

*Cheers*

Patrick Chewing
09-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Therefore we made up a god.

But you don't know that man. You think that you do, which is the problem in this world. We have become a society of individuals that think they know more than the next guy because they feel better about themselves I suppose. Religion and the belief of a God was never about FACT, but about FAITH. When you can understand the difference, then you'll understand that there's a time and place for religion, and NOT a time and place for jackasses like this guy preaching down to us about how he's right and we're wrong.

Legend of Josh
09-05-2011, 09:26 PM
To say "we made up God", and thus his metaphoric existence is nothing more than a legend, myth, fairy tale is not logic... it's a slippery slope and in these days and times, millions are slipping and falling for the "there is no god" argument."

So yeah... there was never a God. Only us... only us, the grass, the water, rivers, the berries on branches, the night and day, sunlight the moon and it's purpose let alone the glory of us seeing it and being in awe of it's actual existence is ... all by chance.

No God. No creator. No design. Just magic gasses baddda big BOOM BOOM BOOM and here we are! ...

Yeah but ummmm... where did the magic gasses come from exactly?

Where did God come from exactly!

OK, you guys can put your faith into mattter dust particles that came from nowhere, thus here we are today, versus a creator setting everything into motion and fast forward here we are today.

I know I know... no proof of God... so we'll just all assume the magic gasses/elements all came together and bang bang by sheer chance, no reason, purpose, it just... happened. and came from out of nowhere... magically came to be from what exactly?

:oldlol:

Let's do the right thing folks. Follow God, believe in Him, and then when all is said and done, we can have these answers explained from these burning questions.

paintingshade
09-05-2011, 09:35 PM
*come in to thread with opinion*

*leave with same opinion*

:rolleyes:

vinsane01
09-05-2011, 09:46 PM

Agreed.

Most of the angst are seen almost exclusively on the internet and understandably so; since we can remain anonymous here. For some people it's kind of a like place to vent their feelings. Feelings that cannot be expressed outside the confines of the internet for fear of rejection and discrimination. Those same feelings were built up through out the years and for some it's came out of sudden realization that all of the years their spent of believing were a lie; a recognition of idea of childhood indoctrination.

So yeah, I understand the visible anger on the internet towards the religious institution and its beliefs. For a significant number of people im positive that the anger will pass and make way for better judgment and presentation of ideas and beliefs.

N0Skillz
09-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Bladers is a sinner, he thinks by attacking other people he will open the pearly gates in the sky, but those are just lies behind all of his sins.

808s&kobesteaks
09-05-2011, 10:31 PM
yep, no crazy Xtians on the internet. That is for sure. this shit is so dumb. and, yes josh, Xtians are not persecuted for their beliefs in this country. Anyone trying to make it out like they are is using massive hyperbole or has no idea what persecution is.

gay

i seriously hope you arent saying im legend of josh
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/seriouslyhope.jpg

we know, atheists can only gather the courage to speak their mind through the internet, in the confines of their dark, anime poster infested rooms.

atheists make fun of christians for believing in a "fake" god, then play video games all day, watch anime, and get on the internet, living their entire lives through fake virtual worlds

N0Skillz
09-05-2011, 10:36 PM
gay

we know, atheists can only gather the courage to speak their mind through the internet, in the confines of their dark, anime poster infested rooms.

atheists make fun of christians for believing in a "fake" god, then play video games all day, watch anime, and get on the internet, living their entire lives through fake virtual worlds

that's only you?

808s&kobesteaks
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
that's only you?
dragon ball z doesnt count as an anime

miller-time
09-06-2011, 12:47 AM
So yeah... there was never a God. Only us... only us, the grass, the water, rivers, the berries on branches, the night and day, sunlight the moon and it's purpose let alone the glory of us seeing it and being in awe of it's actual existence is ... all by chance.

No God. No creator. No design. Just magic gasses baddda big BOOM BOOM BOOM and here we are! ...

Yeah but ummmm... where did the magic gasses come from exactly?

Where did God come from exactly!

OK, you guys can put your faith into mattter dust particles that came from nowhere, thus here we are today, versus a creator setting everything into motion and fast forward here we are today.

i never use this emoticon.. but dude. :facepalm

first of all who has ever thought that any gas in the universe were magic? seriously who has ever claimed that? no one.. you are talking in hyperbole and it makes your argument look weak.

second of all, no one is saying matter came from "nowhere", we don't know where it came from and we don't claim to know either. those are two completely separate positions. the atheist position is simply a rejection of the god hypothesis. it doesn't have anything to do with claiming knowledge about the origins of the universe or life.

N0Skillz
09-06-2011, 12:48 AM
i never use this emoticon.. but dude. :facepalm

first of all who has ever thought that any gas in the universe were magic? seriously who has ever claimed that? no one.. you are talking in hyperbole and it makes your argument look weak.

second of all, no one is saying matter came from "nowhere", we don't know where it came from and we don't claim to know either. those are two completely separate positions. the atheist position is simply a rejection of the god hypothesis. it doesn't have anything to do with claiming knowledge about the origins of the universe or life.

you just wrecked him.

dyna
09-06-2011, 01:42 AM
the religious signs are usually intended to help other people/give people some hope...the atheist signs are just to be douches, a sign promoting atheism, the belief in nothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ_rdV-EHpc

Wrong...

808s&kobesteaks
09-06-2011, 01:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ_rdV-EHpc

Wrong...

thats a person, thats not a sign, signs cant even talk.

miller-time
09-06-2011, 01:59 AM
thats a person, thats not a sign, signs cant even talk.

who is that in your avy?

808s&kobesteaks
09-06-2011, 02:07 AM
who is that in your avy?

how can you not know

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/myface.png

miller-time
09-06-2011, 02:18 AM
how can you not know

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/myface.png

i don't know who that is?

Jackass18
09-06-2011, 04:53 AM

Does that make you cry?

Legend of Josh
09-06-2011, 04:56 AM
you just wrecked him.

LOL, yeah, he totally smashed me into the wall with that one!

Atheists spend more time trying and emotion talking about debating God more than they do actual science and the origins or the universe. Atheists are beyond fascinated with God and the idea of such but in a negative sense, fighting, scratching, doing whatever they can to argue against God or the possibility of there being one.

Of course, not every atheist is like this... but lettuce be real, 85% are, whereas the other 15% who just don't believe go about their own business and never pay any attention to or get envolved with the God debates, etc. are very few far and between.

Atheists have a tendency to pack together, and form like a cult, or religion nuts, and begin to bash Christians/religion, taking a great deal of pride all along the way. To say otherwise is just silly and foolish.

"sin doesn't exist!" ... "there is no god!" ... "you're being fed bullshit, falling for the system designed to keep you enslaved"

People keep using the excuse that religion and or God is used to take advantage of and manipulate the population... and I totally agree with you! People (man) is corrrupt and this happens all the time. It has since the beginning of man... but that doesn't mean God doesn't exists... it doesn't change God's Word.

People want to see the results and actions of their fellow man and say, "there's your proof" ... "that's why there's no God" ... WAKE THE FU*K UP... stop putting your trust in man, and using the shortcoming of men to use as your excuse to not believing in a higher power...

Men are corrupt, change and are wicked... God is just, doesn't change and holy.

Trust in God, not man.

Jackass18
09-06-2011, 05:03 AM
are corrupt, change and are wicked... God is just, doesn't change and holy.

Trust in God, not man.

Men wrote the Bible. You are pretty defensive as you seem to have some serious doubts about the religion you follow.

Legend of Josh
09-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Men wrote the Bible. You are pretty defensive as you seem to have some serious doubts about the religion you follow.

To use the argument/statement "men wrote the Bible" and not follow it up with anything else shows your ignorance to the subject and clearly demonstrates your lack of reserach of/and actually following the Bible, its teachings, purpose, fundamentals etc.

If you want to contribute in these debates, stop acting like your username, and actually get on board with some useful, worthy, input.

Jackass18
09-06-2011, 06:49 AM
So, I should mindlessly ramble like you do and call it a worthy contribution? Is that how it works, Josh? How does one know what God's word is when all we have are men who said what God's word is, but we can't trust man because they're corrupt, but hey, it's cool we'll just pretend that we know what God's word is and say God is just, doesn't change and holy even though that's what men attributed to him. It's funny that you expected me to make some sort of elaborate post in response to your asinine ramblings.

Legend of Josh
09-06-2011, 07:03 AM
So, I should mindlessly ramble like you do and call it a worthy contribution? Is that how it works, Josh? How does one know what God's word is when all we have are men who said what God's word is, but we can't trust man because they're corrupt, but hey, it's cool we'll just pretend that we know what God's word is and say God is just, doesn't change and holy even though that's what men attributed to him. It's funny that you expected me to make some sort of elaborate post in response to your asinine ramblings.

That's a good response... had me thinking for second. The Word of God is written by man, but God is the glory and accredited of such.

God assisted man in coming up with the early texts and scriputures, so to some degree yes, the Word is God's Word. Did we get it 100% accurate, I don't think so... but we have the basics and a high level understanding of the way out from this wicked cold, corrupt world.

We should be spending more time using the Bible's messages and applying them into our everyday lives instead of spending count less hours trying to prove it false teachings.

In the end... we'll all know the real truth... but in the mean time, stop being a baby and using man's short comings as a means to eradicate and erase God and/or the Bible.

Legend of Josh
09-06-2011, 07:33 AM
2 Kings 6:28-29

And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

Your age?

Oh yeah... I'm sure I'm spot on with the 18-22 range. If you can't read the Old Testament, understand it, apply, etc.; then you really have no position to post your $0.02 ... so please stop surfing the 'net copy & paste this garbage as a means to riot and bash Christainity.

You like to post quotes and scripture yet you have never actually read God's Word in its entirety ...

Read the entire Bible, arrange your points, questions, and stance before you just reply and add your worthless $0.02 on a subject you're obviously ignorant about.

Just b/c your parents made you go to church, doesnt mean you know our Father's true Word, purpose and intentions... so please, grow up, and come back to us when you're more equipped to engage in such debates.

Legend of Josh
09-06-2011, 07:40 AM
How old are you? Copy & Paste is your friend, I see. Yeah, way to go there dude, sharing your own personal thoughts, experiences, etc. instead of just checking out atheists websites and feeling better as you read more and more garbage as others like you are out there...

I know it hurts... but there is a God, and that God, the one and only, love you more than you'll ever know.

We all want to know the truth... and one day, we will. Until then, live for God and stop trying to play make believe that there is no God and you can do whatever you want, period!

Legend of Josh
09-06-2011, 07:42 AM
You quote scripture yet you yourself have never really read it, or followed it. Websites give you a path to copy and paste whatever you deem "OMG, hell yeah!" let me cooy and paste that shit on ISH...!

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Looks like Don has ya mind****ed Josh.

Legend of Josh
09-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Proverbs 27:14 (New International Version)

If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse.

Yeah, exactly... keep reading those atheists 'sites and use that as your comfort system as you grow and mature. You haven't read the ancient texts, applied them correctly, etc.

Part of that is probably your parents fault... as they raised you in the church, taught you to love God, believe in Jeeus... but now that you're out on your own... in the real world, you can believe whatever you want...

Is that your story? Your kind come a dime a dozen... and it never fails... you need a good 5-7 more years before you can really engage in these type debates. Mentally, you're not ready, and with time you will grow wise and be more open minded... but for now, you're on the "cant nobody tell me differently, I know it all! I am my own God! I am the next president, actor, next big thing!" ...

LOL

The sooner you get over that bullshit mentality, the better off you'll be. You need to grow wise, and mature, then maybe we can have you engage in these here, God debates.

Legend of Josh
09-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Looks like Don has ya mind****ed Josh.

Yeah... LOJ been mind raped. Dose of his own medicine... nah, more like LOJ really wants to reach out to these 18-22 years olds bc when I was young, at yall's age'z I was all about the same thing...

I'm simply trying to reverse all that garbage I used to spew back in the day...

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah... LOJ been mind raped. Dose of his own medicine... nah, more like LOJ really wants to reach out to these 18-22 years olds bc when I was young, at yall's age'z I was all about the same thing...

I'm simply trying to reverse all that garbage I used to spew back in the day...

Think ya got the garbage spewing back to front, there's no proof of your religion just as there is no absolute proof of it not being true with some metaphors, so you're still spewing garbage because you have no proof just your faith. But people have faith that it isn't true also, I guess I'm agnostic with emphasis on thinking the organized religions are wrong but I don't know the truth.

Jackass18
09-06-2011, 08:31 AM
God assisted man in coming up with the early texts and scriputures, so to some degree yes, the Word is God's Word. Did we get it 100% accurate, I don't think so... but we have the basics and a high level understanding of the way out from this wicked cold, corrupt world.

How do you know that God assisted man? You're taking the word of men. The only way to know the actual word of God is to hear it yourself.

In the end... we'll all know the real truth... but in the mean time, stop being a baby and using man's short comings as a means to eradicate and erase God and/or the Bible.

If God created man, then it's his fault. Man is doing only what God set forth. If God wanted his message to get out without being corrupted, then he should have given it himself. I blame God and not man.

Stuckey
09-06-2011, 03:02 PM
i like to flip flop between some nihilism and some good ole fashioned islam, depends on the mood really

seriously abdul, get your teeth fixed

rezznor
09-06-2011, 03:16 PM
gay

take a look Blader's avatar. holy shit! he really is just an atheist double agent!

Rasheed1
09-06-2011, 03:24 PM
:facepalm religion threads make religious folks look bad... where's RBP when you need him?

all this arguing over the bible and it seems even the so called 'christians' dont get the point of their own book..

RidonKs
09-06-2011, 04:14 PM
that costanza picture is golden

bigdog13
09-06-2011, 08:46 PM
AHA!!!!!!

god better be involved otherwise we are going to have some serious retarded humans and animals after all the inbreding. The Noah story has a bunch of brothers and sisters f*cking making retard kids.

808s&kobesteaks
09-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Does that make you cry?

no it makes me giggle, just more proof of how poor the quality of life is for most atheists.

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 10:19 PM
no it makes me giggle, just more proof of how poor the quality of life is for most atheists.

Do you think atheists life revolve around proving religion isnt real? I would say most atheists don't care about proving anything about religion and just get on with their life without thinking of this shit. I know the only time I think about stuff like this is on here, it does not affect my RL in any way.

808s&kobesteaks
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Do you think atheists life revolve around proving religion isnt real? I would say most atheists don't care about proving anything about religion and just get on with their life without thinking of this shit. I know the only time I think about stuff like this is on here, it does not affect my RL in any way.

1/3 of it, the other time is spent on video games and anime watching.

they spend it calling christians stupid,crying about people shoving religion down their throat,saying religion causes all wars(then hopping on Call of Duty for hours), and complaining about christians being hypocrites for having sex and stuff
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/yourface.png

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 10:59 PM

they spend it calling christians stupid,crying about people shoving religion down their throat,saying religion causes all wars(then hopping on Call of Duty for hours), and complaining about christians being hypocrites for having sex and stuff

Never met any atheists that are anything like what you say. But doesn't surprise me all you seem to do here is sprout ur terrible opinions as fact.

Kungfro
09-06-2011, 10:59 PM

I also *********e.

808s&kobesteaks
09-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Never met any atheists that are anything like what you say. But doesn't surprise me all you seem to do here is sprout ur terrible opinions as fact.

you cant meet an atheist like that in real life, they only have the courage to speak through the internet.

808s&kobesteaks
09-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I also *********e.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/yourface3.png

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 11:06 PM
you cant meet an atheist like that in real life, they only have the courage to speak through the internet.

So they only exist on the internet? Are atheists few and far between where you live? Because they are very numerous where I am from. So you can't meet the people you speak of outside of the internet yet you made a broad claim about atheists then changed and said those types of atheists. Your story is full of holes buddy.

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 11:07 PM
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/yourface3.png

What is the thought behind these photos you keep posting?

Stuckey
09-06-2011, 11:07 PM
not gonna lie, jettas are beautiful

808s&kobesteaks
09-06-2011, 11:12 PM
So they only exist on the internet? Are atheists few and far between where you live? Because they are very numerous where I am from. So you can't meet the people you speak of outside of the internet yet you made a broad claim about atheists then changed and said those types of atheists. Your story is full of holes buddy.

what story? atheists are socially retarded and only speak their mind through the internet, thats not a story its a fact.

example

/b/ is infamous for being 99 percent absolute losers
/b/ is also 99 percent atheist

no shots, /b/ used to be cool

808s&kobesteaks
09-06-2011, 11:14 PM
What is the thought behind these photos you keep posting?

...theyre from Australia you should know

theyre the new Aesthetics Crew, since Zyzz died

maybe if you spent less time whining about christianity, you would know who they are
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/crew.jpg

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
what story? atheists are socially retarded and only speak their mind through the internet, thats not a story its a fact.

example

I don't really know what this /b/ is but 99 percent of them could be losers and atheists, but your acting like they represent every atheist.... Most atheists I know are the complete opposite and don't give a shit about worrying about religion. I don't care if people believe religion I jst find it hard to believe.

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 11:22 PM
...theyre from Australia you should know

theyre the new Aesthetics Crew, since Zyzz died

maybe if you spent less time whining about christianity, you would know who they are
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/crew.jpg

Never heard of them.

Hittin_Shots
09-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Is that sign in the background indicating no snakes between 8 and 6?

Standing, but I think snakes would be frowned upon also.

Kungfro
09-06-2011, 11:42 PM

example

You've done nothing but spam overused 4chan memes, you're like an embodiment of the worst parts of 4chan.

Bladers
09-06-2011, 11:54 PM

Know your Bible.
LOL Now of a truth I know you are an idiot, and need no more evidence to believe so. You went to an atheist site which are known to butcher the bible by taking every single thing out of context? Are you really this desperate?

"And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD." (Job 1:12)

Please don't ever question me on the bible unless you want to seriously get buried alive. Especially someone as clueless as you, those atheist sites won't do you any good against someone who actually knows their bible.

See you are now rambling on. Which people usually do when they are backed into a corner.

But I will give you one more chance. Notice how you didn't answered the question, now why is that? So you won't be held responsible when I etter you based on your answer.

Answer the damn question and I promise, I will own you! Just answer the damn question in relation to the scenario. Yes or no: "Do you think people 6,000 years later will say something in the realm of: "You believe in a flood that happened thousands of years ago, that killed every living thing in the land except a bunch of people in a ship with a bunch animals with them? This sh!t doesn't makes ANY sense, you're an idiot!"

LOL dude why so scared?

Patrick Chewing
09-07-2011, 01:06 AM
:facepalm religion threads make religious folks look bad... where's RBP when you need him?

all this arguing over the bible and it seems even the so called 'christians' dont get the point of their own book..

This is an atheist thread started by an atheist and 88% of the people posting in it are atheist all the while bashing Christianity, primarily. Threads like these are the problem, ace.

808s&kobesteaks
09-07-2011, 01:56 AM
You've done nothing but spam overused 4chan memes, you're like an embodiment of the worst parts of 4chan.

the only memes ive used are Costanza and Tony Kornheiser and theyre memes from /sp/, and at /sp/ overusing them is the whole joke

you act like im posting all the /b/ memes,using /b/ lingo, posting 4 year old pictures as if i discovered something new

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac289/realgrimeynigga/jerry.jpg

808s&kobesteaks
09-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Hey 808, is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy4EPAwYQW8

Seems like it might be. He even talks about how he's "alpha", just like you!:oldlol:

that guys from The Misc, i heil from /fit/ (and /sp/)

im closer to this, King of Fit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNj84chWwXg&feature=channel_video_title

808s&kobesteaks
09-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Honestly I don't even know what the **** you're talking about with all your \\\

I guess I don't spend enough time on the internet.

the misc is a certain section on bodybuilding.com
/fit/ is the fitness section on 4chan

they are rivals, gay i know, its wonderful.

miller-time
09-07-2011, 03:34 AM
This is an atheist thread started by an atheist and 88% of the people posting in it are atheist all the while bashing Christianity, primarily. Threads like these are the problem, ace.

has there ever been a thread on this topic where you don't try and point out atheists are bashing christianity? stop acting like a victim and use knowledge to combat the problem. flopping around and crying foul doesn't change anything dude.

Hittin_Shots
09-07-2011, 06:34 AM
the misc is a certain section on bodybuilding.com
/fit/ is the fitness section on 4chan

they are rivals, gay i know, its wonderful.

I think you are that guy with no neck...

Patrick Chewing
09-07-2011, 06:28 PM
has there ever been a thread on this topic where you don't try and point out atheists are bashing christianity? stop acting like a victim and use knowledge to combat the problem. flopping around and crying foul doesn't change anything dude.

LOL wut? What fools like you fail to realize is that the attacking is primarily done by atheists or by people that believe religion is a joke. Why can't some of you just respect other people's belief system? No, you just can't hold your pathetic little selves back from saying something derogatory or demeaning.

It's funny, cause when Islam is brought up in here, it suddenly gets all quiet. Bottom line, the way you carry yourself on the internet isn't the way you probably would in every day life situations, cause the right guy at the right time would clock you in the mouth, and rightfully so. Good day.

Rasheed1
09-07-2011, 07:03 PM
LOL wut? What fools like you fail to realize is that the attacking is primarily done by atheists or by people that believe religion is a joke. Why can't some of you just respect other people's belief system? No, you just can't hold your pathetic little selves back from saying something derogatory or demeaning.

It's funny, cause when Islam is brought up in here, it suddenly gets all quiet. Bottom line, the way you carry yourself on the internet isn't the way you probably would in every day life situations, cause the right guy at the right time would clock you in the mouth, and rightfully so. Good day.

my comment was about the people who call themselves christians and the fact that they represent themselves in such a poor way in these threads usually.. Hence my call out to RBP who is christian but is also a wise person..

like Ghandi supposedly said

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ"

Legend of Josh
09-07-2011, 07:05 PM
my comment was about the people who call themselves christians and the fact that they represent themselves in such a poor way in these threads usually.. Hence my call out to RBP who is christian but is also a wise person..

like Ghandi supposedly said

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ"

LOL @ RBA being Christian.

boozehound
09-07-2011, 07:17 PM
LOL @ RBA being Christian.
uhm,

Kungfro
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM
the only memes ive used are Costanza and Tony Kornheiser and theyre memes from /sp/, and at /sp/ overusing them is the whole joke

you act like im posting all the /b/ memes,using /b/ lingo, posting 4 year old pictures as if i discovered something new

I suppose, but they still don't carry over well outside of 4chan.

I think you are that guy with no neck...

I'm sure the account was his, but the pic wasn't.

Legend of Josh
09-07-2011, 10:00 PM
uhm,

You took my comment in the wrong manner. RBA has said time and time agin, he is agnostic, not Christian.

I get your who uhm; I see what you did there. Let's no confuse my personal life with internet one. I will say that I'm sure as hell no Saint, but I'm working on myself daily...

I was so far away from God, I have a mountain of making up to do. I'm obviously not perfect, and never will be... my biggest downfall is and always will be my pride.

Pride is the worst and most dangerous of all sins. It's my greatest struggle. Being humble and appreciating humility is not in my nature, but I've realized it's not 'my life' ... it belongs to God, as well as every other creature's on this earth. We're just here for the moment, and our bodies, minds, etc. is not our property, we're just leasing it ATM.

Patrick Chewing
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM

Whoever represents themselves poorly when defending either side of the aisle is just acting a fool and no mind should be paid to them. Religious fanatics have no place in intelligent discussions. What we need to have more of is tolerance, and yes, that includes tolerance to every day Christians who don't get caught up in preaching or petty arguments about what is right and wrong and true or not true.

Patrick Chewing
09-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I brought that up. Sad that you were banned for it though.

boozehound
09-11-2011, 04:06 PM
You took my comment in the wrong manner. RBA has said time and time agin, he is agnostic, not Christian.

I get your who uhm; I see what you did there. Let's no confuse my personal life with internet one. I will say that I'm sure as hell no Saint, but I'm working on myself daily...

I was so far away from God, I have a mountain of making up to do. I'm obviously not perfect, and never will be... my biggest downfall is and always will be my pride.

Pride is the worst and most dangerous of all sins. It's my greatest struggle. Being humble and appreciating humility is not in my nature, but I've realized it's not 'my life' ... it belongs to God, as well as every other creature's on this earth. We're just here for the moment, and our bodies, minds, etc. is not our property, we're just leasing it ATM.
yeah, not my point. Try re-reading the post. Hes talking about Rainier Beach Poet.

LJJ
09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
BUMP.

Can't find the post, but someone in this thread was complaining about how Christians constantly take so much shit yet when Islam comes up everyone gets real quiet all of the sudden. And I agree that it's unfair. I had a period on here where I was trying to make a point regarding that and being very critical of Islam/Muslims and they got their panties in a wad far more than any of you ever have. Jeff actually banned me twice for it. No one's getting banned for giving Christians shit though.

75% of Americans are Christian and <1% is Muslim? Why the fukc would we be talking about Islam then. It's a marginal religion in your society, so it makes absolutely no sense to bring it up. How many times have you specifically brought up Hinduism or Buddhims? Exacty.

johndeeregreen
09-11-2011, 04:10 PM
The host was actually on point for the start there when he told Silverman that it was his opinion and not fact. Unfortunately he then went on to do the exact same thing immediately after.

That blonde bimbo has no business being on television though. Is it possible to have a rational discussion? That said, there is a point there. Whether or not there actually is a God or some supernatural force at work, if living a "spiritual life" comforts/consoles you and in turn encourages you to be a better person every day, then how can you dismiss that? Take that priest for example. If his words can bring even a modicum of solace to people who have been devastated by a natural disaster, then he's done his job. Regardless of what you believe, there is no denying the positive effects that the belief of God and an afterlife have on many people.

"So do drugs." SMFH. Superb comparison.:rolleyes: In his defense though I think he realized the entire interview was a sham/ambush from the beginning and just didn't care.

Patrick Chewing
09-11-2011, 04:13 PM
75% of Americans are Christian and <1% is Muslim? Why the fukc would we be talking about Islam then. It's a marginal religion in your society, so it makes absolutely no sense to bring it up. How many times have you specifically brought up Hinduism or Buddhims? Exacty.

He's not talking so much about the religion, but about the double standard that exists in this country (of all places) and of course on this internet message board. It does not make sense that there should be a double standard, but it's clear as day, and he referenced the South Park episode to back up his claim.

miller-time
09-11-2011, 05:13 PM
He's not talking so much about the religion, but about the double standard that exists in this country (of all places) and of course on this internet message board. It does not make sense that there should be a double standard, but it's clear as day, and he referenced the South Park episode to back up his claim.

are you saying all religions should be criticized equally? or that christianity should have the same social protection islam gets?

RidonKs
09-11-2011, 05:21 PM
The host was actually on point for the start there when he told Silverman that it was his opinion and not fact. Unfortunately he then went on to do the exact same thing immediately after.

That blonde bimbo has no business being on television though. Is it possible to have a rational discussion? That said, there is a point there. Whether or not there actually is a God or some supernatural force at work, if living a "spiritual life" comforts/consoles you and in turn encourages you to be a better person every day, then how can you dismiss that? Take that priest for example. If his words can bring even a modicum of solace to people who have been devastated by a natural disaster, then he's done his job. Regardless of what you believe, there is no denying the positive effects that the belief of God and an afterlife have on many people.

"So do drugs." SMFH. Superb comparison.:rolleyes: In his defense though I think he realized the entire interview was a sham/ambush from the beginning and just didn't care.

i was having a conversation about this with my roommate the other day. he's a pretty radical atheist with very little tolerance for the stupidity of religion, which i can't help but understand... because the very idea of subscribing to a supernatural belief with a long history of orthodoxy is asinine to me.

i think what i'm starting to realize is that, for the vast majority of people, religion doesn't -really- mean that much. it's held with great importance and people are usually proud of it, but in terms of influencing every day decisions, i think for most people there's a divorce there. which means that not only do you have to consider the positive effects of religion alongside the detriments, but you also have to account for the fact that the vast majority of our experiences have little to do with which religion we subscribe to, or convince ourselves to subscribe to, or were raised to subscribe to. it matters, but... not as much as most people think.

Patrick Chewing
09-11-2011, 05:32 PM
are you saying all religions should be criticized equally? or that christianity should have the same social protection islam gets?

Good question. I'm smart enough to know we do not live in a perfect world. There are far too many of us out there with next to no education whatsoever, manners, common sense, etc. I see this every day in the line of work I'm in.

However, the question still remains. I think religion should be something respected and something to look at and cherished in terms of its historical context as well as its social context in the ways that religion and spirituality move people and how some people govern their lives by it. Our most crucial mistake as a human being is to think that we can disregard something or a group of people simply because they do or act in a different manner than we do. In a perfect world, no religion should be criticized, just respected, but that will never ever happen. So to answer that question, in this day and age, these religions should either be criticized equally or not at all!

The second question sort of falls under the same blanket as the first, in that if we are going to criticize one religion, then we should criticize them all. The only other solution is to mind our own business and leave our reservations to ourselves and never criticize it. So yes, Christianity, even though it is the majority, should still be protected equally and people should still respect it even though they may disagree with it. Who are we to judge and decide who is right and wrong? If it couldn't be done in the millenniums past, it cannot be done now.

That's like the idea of taxing the rich more money just because they are rich. Why must I be penalized because I have more money? Shouldn't I be taxed equally? Am I not considered an equal man in terms of our Declaration of Independence? So why should Christianity be subject to more criticism and on top of that have less protection as a result?

LJJ
09-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Of course Christianity should be criticized more by Americans than Islam. Christianity has literally over 100x the presence in US culture. Islam is not or barely present in American society and thus most American's are not in a position to criticize it and do not understand that much about it.

I'm not saying there is no double standard, but I am saying that you are not in a position to make the distinction.

It's like saying the Luxembourgian government should be given equal critical treatment by Americans as the US government. It makes no sense, they understand and experience one but not the other.

Legend of Josh
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
i was having a conversation about this with my roommate the other day. he's a pretty radical atheist with very little tolerance for the stupidity of religion, which i can't help but understand... because the very idea of subscribing to a supernatural belief with a long history of orthodoxy is asinine to me.

i think what i'm starting to realize is that, for the vast majority of people, religion doesn't -really- mean that much. it's held with great importance and people are usually proud of it, but in terms of influencing every day decisions, i think for most people there's a divorce there. which means that not only do you have to consider the positive effects of religion alongside the detriments, but you also have to account for the fact that the vast majority of our experiences have little to do with which religion we subscribe to, or convince ourselves to subscribe to, or were raised to subscribe to. it matters, but... not as much as most people think.

You're still young... in time.. your entire existence much less conscience will change a hundred times fold... it's a grand design... and with your level of intelligence, I'm confident you will recall this exact post/message in say 5-7 years to come on the whole "God Complex" tip when you still have a burning desire to know 'why am I here?'

Science cant explain the why... only the how. At the end of the day... why > how. Tell me I'm wrong...

RidonKs
09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
wow, well framed. why > how, i never thought of it that way

OmniStrife
09-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Humans are just self centered pricks and have a terrible sense of how pathetically unimportant they are in this universe.

We're just sitting here on a dust particle and live for the tiniest fraction of time, yet we're so sure that this whole universe was created for us?!?
That is equivalent of ants believing that the great wall of China was built for them.

Please, just because we don't know shit, it doesn't mean that some medieval book has the truth of all creation in it.

Legend of Josh
09-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Humans are just self centered pricks and have a terrible sense of how pathetically unimportant they are in this universe.

We're just sitting here on a dust particle and live for the tiniest fraction of time, yet we're so sure that this whole universe was created for us?!?
That is equivalent of ants believing that the great wall of China was built for them.

Please, just because we don't know shit, it doesn't mean that some medieval book has the truth of all creation in it.

Yeah... we're so self-centered we just want to know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

So we look to science for all those answers. Have they answered all of man's burning questions yet?

Why am I here? Why is there something, instead of nothing? It's the elephant in the room that scientists look down and walk away in debates b/c there is no answer! There is no logical answer to explain the reason and meaning of life with science! But wait... the Bible God's Words explains the 'why' and such... and why not combine that with science (biology, chemistry, physics, etc) ... HELLO PEOPLE!

God didn't just toss some Biology 101, Chemistry 101, etc and say... "there you go... enjoy, practice and preach"...

No... instead... God almightly knonws all the above, and instead he delivers us the Word of how to live, care for one another, the simple things in life.. He didn't just crash us with some over the top knowledge that at that time man would call 'Greek" ... can't follow...

Come on people... we're now in the modren age... let's put two and two together and say... God ... yep... He was there all along.

Quizno
09-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah... we're so self-centered we just want to know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

So we look to science for all those answers. Have they answered all of man's burning questions yet?

Why am I here? Why is there something, instead of nothing? It's the elephant in the room that scientists look down and walk away in debates b/c there is no answer! There is no logical answer to explain the reason and meaning of life with science! But wait... the Bible God's Words explains the 'why' and such... and why not combine that with science (biology, chemistry, physics, etc) ... HELLO PEOPLE!

God didn't just toss some Biology 101, Chemistry 101, etc and say... "there you go... enjoy, practice and preach"...

No... instead... God almightly knonws all the above, and instead he delivers us the Word of how to live, care for one another, the simple things in life.. He didn't just crash us with some over the top knowledge that at that time man would call 'Greek" ... can't follow...

Come on people... we're now in the modren age... let's put two and two together and say... God ... yep... He was there all along.

you did a great job at backing up your conclusion with solid evidence, definitely convinced me. thanks all knowing josh, i see the light now :bowdown:

04mzwach
09-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Turn on MSNBC if you want a laugh..

FourthTenor
09-11-2011, 11:25 PM
wow, well framed. why > how, i never thought of it that way

There doesnt have to be a why. There has to be a how.

We dont need to know why food exists. We need to know how to obtain it. We dont need to know why fire exists, we do need to know how to put it out. It doesnt matter why babies are made. But how theyre made is pretty important. We dont need to know why tornados and hurricanes and asteroids exist, we just need to know how they work so that we can protect against them. Sorry, "god makes them" doesnt cut it.

Anyway, its unfortunate that ppl including me are wasting time trying to refute joshs trolling. We all kno hes playing fairytale, but by refusing to admit it hes got everyone so consumed eith trying to convince him.
Definitionn of trolling. Sad.

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 01:57 AM
So we're curious, big whoop, so are cats.

Nope, but science, unlike religion, evolves and answers new questions every day.
We used to not know even more stuff before; diseases, eclipses tides, rainbows... these we're all once regarded as a mystery and mere acts of god's will.

Why am I here? Why is there something, instead of nothing? It's the elephant in the room that scientists look down and walk away in debates b/c there is no answer!These questions are more philosophical than anything, they have no actual effect on our short lives, I for one do not care why there is something, I just accept that there is and live life to it's fullest.

There is no logical answer to explain the reason and meaning of life with science!
Why does life need a certain single universal "meaning"?
Is it not great enough for what it is??

But wait... the Bible God's Words explains the 'why' and such... and why not combine that with science (biology, chemistry, physics, etc) ... HELLO PEOPLE!
Well so do other religions and there are more than 2000 active today.
Each with their own reason, don't you think it's silly to pick your truth just because the country you were born in?
Also you can't combine science with religion they both contradict each other.
Science just fills the gaps of knowledge that the religions of the world left us with.

God didn't toss anything. These are the laws of physics that govern the universe, if anyone, anything could intervene, bend, change or "toss" them, as you've said, they wouldn't be laws.

I didn't quite understan what you were getting at here, unless they are all mere assumptions made by you.

That's just it, were in the modern age, and 2+2 is 4 and nothing more.
No miracles are needed, hence no gods.

Bladers
09-12-2011, 02:20 AM
God didn't toss anything. These are the laws of physics that govern the universe, if anyone, anything could intervene, bend, change or "toss" them, as you've said, they wouldn't be laws.

That's the dumbest logic I have ever come across from an atheist and most atheists are dumb anyway. But this by far takes the cake.

Its like saying: Since people steal and commit murder then the "law" prohibiting those actions wouldn't be "laws". :facepalm

Regardless, God created the universe and its laws. He created physics.
God is not confined by the universe or its laws. God doesn't live in the universe, the universe lives in God.

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 02:35 AM
That's the dumbest logic I have ever come across from an atheist and most atheists are dumb anyway. But this by far takes the cake.

Its like saying: Since people steal and commit murder then the "law" prohibiting those actions wouldn't be "laws". :facepalm

I'm glad you found this logic to be so dumb. It's actually an indirect quote from Stephen Hawking:

the universe is governed by scientific laws. These laws must hold without exceptions, or they wouldn't be laws. That doesn't leave room for Miracles or God. I regard the afterlife to be a fairy story for people that are afraid of the dark.
http://www.quotiki.com/quotes/17121

I give you the liberty to judge but some people might disagree on the dumb part, I also disagee.

Also your example makes no sense. The laws you're talking about are just conditions and social codes made up by humans they cannot be compared to the laws of physics.

Regardless, God created the universe and its laws. He created physics.
God is not confined by the universe or its laws. God doesn't live in the universe, the universe lives in God.
Well that is great, but where did you learn about this?

Bladers
09-12-2011, 03:08 AM
I'm glad you found this logic to be so dumb. It's actually an indirect quote from Stephen Hawking:

http://www.quotiki.com/quotes/17121

I give you the liberty to judge but some people might disagree on the dumb part, I also disagee.

Also your example makes no sense. The laws you're talking about are just conditions and social codes made up by humans they cannot be compared to the laws of physics.

Well Stephen Hawking is not very bright. I would be bewildered if he is at all.
So the "dumb part" stays.

The laws of the physical universe applies to the physical inhabitants of the physical universe.

Not to an outside force that may be acting upon it.

In-fact physicists themselves have broken a law of nature.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100329214740.htm

Well that is great, but where did you learn about this?

That the universe resides in God? From the bible. The same bible that has been right in every scientific assertion it has made. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.'

Behold, the nations are as a drop in a bucket, God said. Do you know that you are made of atoms? and that 99% of your composites is empty space, empty nothing, a void? If you take the entire atom of every human being on this earth and the trees, the ocean, the buildings, etc and you put them together without the empty space, you will get a drop in a bucket.

"Surely the nations are like a drop in a bucket; they are regarded as dust on the scales; he weighs the islands as though they were fine dust." (Isa 40:15)

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 03:23 AM
That the universe resides in God? From the bible. The same bible that has been right in every scientific assertion it has made. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.'

Behold, the nations are as a drop in a bucket, God said. Do you know that you are made of atoms? and that 99% of your composites is empty space, empty nothing, a void? If you take the entire atom of every human being on this planet without the empty space, you will get a drop in a bucket.

Well who said YOUR bible is the correct one?? Heck it's not even the 1st.
Also to me it's just a man-written book and it wasn't proven otherwise so it can't hold as evidence or fact.
Also if you're Christian that also means that your religion is an abridged version of Judaism and that is sad.

And that last paragraph about the drop in the bucket makes no sense, I don't know why you even write it in the 1st place.

also about the scientific errors in the bible (and that's just Genesis):

http://atheism.about.com/od/Errors-Mistakes-Genesis-Bible/Errors-Mistakes-Genesis-Bible.htm

Bladers
09-12-2011, 03:47 AM
And that last paragraph about the drop in the bucket makes no sense, I don't know why you even write it in the 1st place.

Thats because you are clueless of the scientific theories you gloat so much about and put your entire faith in.

Well who said YOUR bible is the correct one?? Heck it's not even the 1st.
Also to me it's just a man-written book and it wasn't proven otherwise so it can't hold as evidence or fact.

also about the scientific errors in the bible (and that's just Genesis):

http://atheism.about.com/od/Errors-Mistakes-Genesis-Bible/Errors-Mistakes-Genesis-Bible.htm
I will deal with that tomorrow

By the way, the bible has been right in everything about science it has asserted. Even though scientists have been wrong time and time again.

God said the universe was created and has and end. (Science use to believe the universe always existed and had no end)
God said he spread out the universe like a curtain (Science use to believe the universe was static.)

God talked about The first and second law of thermodynamics.

God said the earth was round while others thought it was flat including scientists.

God said he hung the earth on nothing while others thought it was resting on something.

God said weather was a law of nature (while others gave them divinity status and made them gods.)

God said there were the water cycles and talked about them in detail while we had no clue what they were.

God said we shouldn't fear the signs of the heavens because they were in-animate objects he had put in place (while others feared them and associated divinity to them.)

God said there were waves in the sea while science and society was clueless.

God said there were fountains/springs in the sea while science and society was clueless.

God said there were valleys in the sea while science and society was clueless.

God said there were Wind currents and circuits (you know the jet streams your weatherman is always on about) while science and society was clueless.

So many things I can't list them...

Now you must remember, these things were made known by God ranging from 3,000-6,000 years ago.

While we only discovered them to be true dating back to 200 years ago.

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Thats because you are clueless of the scientific theories you gloat so much about and put your entire faith in.

I will deal with that tomorrow

By the way, the bible has been right in everything about science it has asserted. Even though scientists have been wrong time and time again.

God said the universe was created and has and end. (Science use to believe the universe always existed and had no end)
God said he spread out the universe like a curtain (Science use to believe the universe was static.)

God said the earth was round while others thought it was flat including scientists.

God said he hung the earth on nothing while others thought it was resting on something.

God said weather was a law of nature (while others gave them divinity status and made them gods.)

God said there were the water cycles and talked about them in detail while we had no clue what they were.

God said we shouldn't fear the signs of the heavens because they were animate objects he had put in place (while others feared them and associated divinity to them.)

God said there were fountains/springs in the sea while science and society was clueless.

God said there were Wind currents and circuits (you know the jet streams your weatherman is always on about) while science and society was clueless.

Now you must remember, these things were made known by God ranging from 3,000-6,000 years ago.

God said, god said, god said... blah blah blah. :facepalm
Your god is an imaginary friend for people that need one.
There are thousands of religions yet you only count yours.

Youre an Atheist yourself, because you dismissed thosands of gods.
I've just dismissed one more.

Prove to me that Zeus \ Krishna \ Odin don't exist.

Bladers
09-12-2011, 04:12 AM

You asked me a question about the bible and how there are others books. I gave you an answers and now you get mad?

The difference between the bible and thousands of other religion is that.

When you examine the writings of the Hindu, Buddhist or Greek pagan worships, for example, you will find clear reference to the concept of the earth being held up by a man, elephant, catfish, or some other physical support and many other things which totally contradict the physics of the universe. You will find the in-animate laws of nature refered to as living gods and celestial events likewise.

miller-time
09-12-2011, 04:19 AM
Good question. I'm smart enough to know we do not live in a perfect world. There are far too many of us out there with next to no education whatsoever, manners, common sense, etc. I see this every day in the line of work I'm in.

However, the question still remains. I think religion should be something respected and something to look at and cherished in terms of its historical context as well as its social context in the ways that religion and spirituality move people and how some people govern their lives by it. Our most crucial mistake as a human being is to think that we can disregard something or a group of people simply because they do or act in a different manner than we do. In a perfect world, no religion should be criticized, just respected, but that will never ever happen. So to answer that question, in this day and age, these religions should either be criticized equally or not at all!

The second question sort of falls under the same blanket as the first, in that if we are going to criticize one religion, then we should criticize them all. The only other solution is to mind our own business and leave our reservations to ourselves and never criticize it. So yes, Christianity, even though it is the majority, should still be protected equally and people should still respect it even though they may disagree with it. Who are we to judge and decide who is right and wrong? If it couldn't be done in the millenniums past, it cannot be done now.

That's like the idea of taxing the rich more money just because they are rich. Why must I be penalized because I have more money? Shouldn't I be taxed equally? Am I not considered an equal man in terms of our Declaration of Independence? So why should Christianity be subject to more criticism and on top of that have less protection as a result?

i agree with what you are saying for the most part, but i'm still wondering if you understand the difference between criticism and disrespect?

Timmy D for MVP
09-12-2011, 04:30 AM

God said we shouldn't fear the signs of the heavens because they were in-animate objects he had put in place (while others feared them and associated divinity to them.)

I'm curious. Do you have passages for all of these?

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 05:03 AM
You asked me a question about the bible and how there are others books. I gave you an answers and now you get mad?

The difference between the bible and thousands of other religion is that.

When you examine the writings of the Hindu, Buddhist or Greek pagan worships, for example, you will find clear reference to the concept of the earth being held up by a man, elephant, catfish, or some other physical support and many other things which totally contradict the physics of the universe. You will find the in-animate laws of nature refered to as living gods and celestial events likewise.

You named a few, but did you go and check all of the 2000+ gods?
Or do you take your faith as lightly as to put it all in the most comfortable god in terms of proximity to your location and / or community?
What would you do if you were born in a desolate land that, god forbid, still haven't heard about the teachings of Jesus Christ?
Wouldn't your faith and truth be different then?

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 05:20 PM
The phrase "stretcheth the heavens" is used in the bible. So expanding universe, Bam. I'm sure the other examples are similarly vague.
The other night I stretched my legs before a workout...
Next thing I knew, they've expanded and now I'm 6'6!!!

Legend of Josh
09-12-2011, 05:36 PM

There it is (the Bible) right in front of you. The Truth about the origin and purpose of us being here... and you simply do the 'hand over ears' LALALALALALALA I'M NOT HEARING THIS!!!!!'

LOL

God done mind-raped you.

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM

There it is (the Bible) right in front of you. The Truth about the origin and purpose of us being here... and you simply do the 'hand over ears' LALALALALALALA I'M NOT HEARING THIS!!!!!'

LOL

God done mind-raped you.
Who said your bible is true?? Why did you pick it from the other 1000+ available scriptures?
Or do you take your faith as lightly as to put it all in the most comfortable god in terms of proximity to your location and / or community?
What would you do if you were born in a desolate land that, god forbid, still haven't heard about the teachings of Jesus Christ?
Wouldn't your faith and truth be different then?

Is He Ill
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM

LOL

God done mind-raped you.

How are you so convinced that the Bible is the absolute truth? There are many other books out there that served the same purpose. It is better to find your own purpose and enjoy life instead of conforming to some beliefs that were manufactured by humans thousands of years ago. You control your own destiny, given that nature doesn't find a gruesome way to wipe you out first. Religion makes dumb people feel like sh*t for being human. There are healthier ways to find comfort and instilling morality imo. I just don't understand why you seem to try to force your absolute set of beliefs on to people.

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 06:05 PM
How are you so convinced that the Bible is the absolute truth? There are many other books out there that served the same purpose. It is better to find your own purpose and enjoy life instead of conforming to some beliefs that were manufactured by humans thousands of years ago. You control your own destiny, given that nature doesn't find a gruesome way to wipe you out first. Religion makes dumb people feel like sh*t for being human. There are healthier ways to find comfort and instilling morality imo. I just don't understand why you seem to try to force your absolute set of beliefs on to people.
Preach brother! :cheers:

Legend of Josh
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM

It's all about trying to get people to believe... to get into their minds and make them ponder God more, more and more. To not give up. What if I just go about my business, and if others hear the message, great... but let them do their own thing I shouldn't have to try and help them see the light. That's not my business.

Well, according to what I believe, it's part of my entire existence and destiny to bring as many people along with me. That's why we're disciples and fishers of men. We want you and anyone else willing to believe to experience the same Kingdom we're apart of.

Is He Ill
09-12-2011, 06:56 PM
It's all about trying to get people to believe... to get into their minds and make them ponder God more, more and more. To not give up. What if I just go about my business, and if others hear the message, great... but let them do their own thing I shouldn't have to try and help them see the light. That's not my business.

Well, according to what I believe, it's part of my entire existence and destiny to bring as many people along with me. That's why we're disciples and fishers of men. We want you and anyone else willing to believe to experience the same Kingdom we're apart of.

I don't think mocking people is the best way to go about doing this and I disagree with the premise of converting people. Why don't you worry about treating people as you would want to be treated and let all the other things take care of themselves? That's what will enable society to survive, trying to convert people will just piss them off and cause quarrels between yourself and them about who is right or wrong. Let people figure things out for themselves and make there own decisions. If people would just keep their beliefs out of other peoples lives, I think we would be a lot better off on this planet. The whole idea is to treat each other well, the focus should not be conversion. You are missing the main point of your own religion. I understand that it makes you feel better and you want other people to feel the same, but everybody is different. Just respect other's beliefs as long as it doesn't include hurting other humans (or hinders scientific discoveries that could assist the survival of our species). You won't get anywhere by pissing others off.

Legend of Josh
09-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't think mocking people is the best way to go about doing this and I disagree with the premise of converting people. Why don't you worry about treating people as you would want to be treated and let all the other things take care of themselves? That's what will enable society to survive, trying to convert people will just piss them off and cause quarrels between yourself and them about who is right or wrong. Let people figure things out for themselves and make there own decisions. If people would just keep their beliefs out of other peoples lives, I think we would be a lot better off on this planet. The whole idea is to treat each other well, the focus should not be conversion. You are missing the main point of your own religion. I understand that it makes you feel better and you want other people to feel the same, but everybody is different. Just respect other's beliefs as long as it doesn't include hurting other humans (or hinders scientific discoveries that could assist the survival of our species). You won't get anywhere by pissing others off.

No, it's our objective and destiny to reach out to others, put it in their face, try and help them see the same picture, plan, etc.

However... the delivery and method is important also. If you're just telling someone "well you're going to hell!" ... that's obviously the wrong approach. It's all about approaching those who just don't know or who choose not to believe with a specific and careful way of doing it.

I'll be the first to admit, my method is too abstract and probably not the exact way God wants me to be reaching out to others, but it does get others' attention. The more I learn and understand, I'm confident my method will evolve and mature for the better, so as to reach even more.

But make no mistake about it... the life of a real disciple and follower of Christ is to 'GO' and make disciples of all nations... and you can't accomplish that by just letting everyone do their own thing and never bringing it up or by not reaching out to others. It's part of the plan.

You can't force someone to believe... they must arrive on their own, but yes we should reach out to others, we just have to be careful on our approach.

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 07:12 PM
No, it's our objective and destiny to reach out to others, put it in their face, try and help them see the same picture, plan, etc.

However... the delivery and method is important also. If you're just telling someone "well you're going to hell!" ... that's obviously the wrong approach. It's all about approaching those who just don't know or who choose not to believe with a specific and careful way of doing it.

I'll be the first to admit, my method is too abstract and probably not the exact way God wants me to be reaching out to others, but it does get others' attention. The more I learn and understand, I'm confident my method will evolve and mature for the better, so as to reach even more.

But make no mistake about it... the life of a real disciple and follower of Christ is to 'GO' and make disciples of all nations... and you can't accomplish that by just letting everyone do their own thing and never bringing it up or by not reaching out to others. It's part of the plan.

You can't force someone to believe... they must arrive on their own, but yes we should reach out to others, we just have to be careful on our approach.
Spoken like a true virus.

This is just twisted and sick, and it's sad that your mind is so corrupted.

Go on waste your only life away.

Legend of Josh
09-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Spoken like a true virus.

This is just twisted and sick, and it's sad that your mind is so corrupted.

Go on waste your only life away.

No, more like your reaction is like a true dude who's been mind-raped by God but still in constant denial.

OmniStrife
09-12-2011, 07:22 PM
No, more like your reaction is like a true dude who's been mind-raped by God but still in constant denial.
You know what? I'm sold.

A dude living in the sky, gets bored so he makes a HUGE universe just to tell some people in the desert on a tiny star how to live (and not *********e!)

Also he makes this world in six days...
Then he gets tired, so he rests his sore back on the 7th.

Then comes the part with the talking snake............

All of this must be true of course because it is written in a book, and the book says it's true, thus it's true because it was written by that God dude... it says so in the book as well = true.

Of course there are tons of more books telling a different story.
Some of them even came before this book.
But they are rubbish, because our book says so.

Yup. I'm sold! I'm a true believer now. How could I be so blind to such logic?!?!

Quizno
09-12-2011, 07:33 PM
You know what? I'm sold.

A dude living in the sky, gets bored so he makes a HUGE universe just to tell some people in the desert on a tiny star how to live (and not *********e!)

Also he makes this world in six days...
Then he gets tired, so he rests his sore back on the 7th.

Then comes the part with the talking snake............

All of this must be true of course because it is written in a book, and the book says it's true, thus it's true because it was written by that God dude... it says so in the book as well = true.

Of course there are tons of more books telling a different story.
Some of them even came before this book.
But they are rubbish, because our book says so.

Yup. I'm sold! I'm a true believer now. How could I be so blind to such logic?!?!

also eating shellfish is a sin. also cut the foreskin off your *****. also women can't speak in church.

Legend of Josh
09-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, here we go again... taking the entire Bible literally... when will you young bucks wake up and realize the Bible is a blueprint for man to live life and prosper in a righteous manner. There are hidden meanings, parables and codes within the ancient texts.

Study this subject a bit more before you come to the conclusion you know enough to discredit it as bullshit brainwash for the population. If you want to think of yourselves as young intellignet men, then do some actual research and understanding of this subject before you automatically arrive at the whole 'man wrote the Bible, no help from God, just man, and it's all fairy tales just like tooth fairy and santa clause' etc...

When you young dudes grow a bit (mentally) you'll see all this in a different light. Bank on that.

Quizno
09-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah, here we go again... taking the entire Bible literally... when will you young bucks wake up and realize the Bible is a blueprint for man to live life and prosper in a righteous manner. There are hidden meanings, parables and codes within the ancient texts.

Study this subject a bit more before you come to the conclusion you know enough to discredit it as bullshit brainwash for the population. If you want to think of yourselves as young intellignet men, then do some actual research and understanding of this subject before you automatically arrive at the whole 'man wrote the Bible, no help from God, just man, and it's all fairy tales just like tooth fairy and santa clause' etc...

When you young dudes grow a bit (mentally) you'll see all this in a different light. Bank on that.

the day i become a christian is the day you stop taking pictures of yourself in public men's restrooms. it just ain't happening

Legend of Josh
09-12-2011, 08:55 PM
the day i become a christian is the day you stop taking pictures of yourself in public men's restrooms. it just ain't happening

That's your response.

In the years to come... get at me son.

OmniStrife
09-13-2011, 01:17 AM

Morality is a cultural concept with a basis in evolutionary psychology and game theory.
Species whose members were predisposed to cooperate were more likely to survive and pass on their genes.
Reciprocacy, altruism and other 'moral' characteristics are evident in many species.
Religious texts are merely one of many early attempts to codify moral precepts.
Secular law, flexible with the moving moral zeitgeist, has long since superseded religion as a source of moral directives for the majority of developed nations.
The god of the Bible is a misogynistic tyrant who regularly rapes women and kills children just for the fun of it.
The moment you disagree with a single instruction of the Bible (such as the command to kill any bride who is not a virgin, or any child who disrespects his parents) then you acknowledge that there exists a superior standard by which to judge moral action, and there is no need to rely on a bunch of primitive, ancient, barbaric fairy tales.