PDA

View Full Version : Having girl problems thread... - got off topic, God mind-rape moment, wanted to share

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Here I is listening to Watch the Throne (entire album) and the production is incredible, but I can't nod my head to this shit or appreciate it because it's straight up anti-God and while I will acknowledge it as art, music and quality (Jay on a whole new level her, KW still the same, average and overrated) I will not support it and or promote it though.

So as I was listening I was in the process of adding a post in the IGOTGAME thread. As I was replying, kind of went off on a tangent and wanted to make a thread about it. Most reading it will get mad, pissed off, and mock it. Whatever, I just wanted to share my thoughts. If you don't like me, what I'm all about, who I am, etc. then don't even read. No one is putting a gun to your head and making you read this shit. That is all.

as follows:

maybe. I never broke up with a girl that I have been dating for this long. She would be devastated(not saying that is a reason). We will see, I definitely not doing it in the next 2 months.

This is what held me back for so long. I dated the same girl for almost nine years from high schoold; it just turned out we were lucky enough to still be in the same city / college even though we attended at different years as she is approx two and a half years younger than me.

When we were together at around year 4, I really didn't know if I wanted a relationship. I felt I was missing out on things, being 21 years old, not knowing what I could have been missing, how I could grow mentally without being single and experiencing other women (part of growing is experiencing with many different women; if you've been with the same woman your entire life, you never fully know yourself).

I tried to break up with her one random night... she was staying over when I was still living at home... we were going through things, and I had been treating her like doo doo the past month or so, and she finally got around to getting the hint I was losing interest and not as interested. I just didn't want to suddenly pull the trigger on her, as it would have busted her into pieces, and I feared that I would go into pieces too b/c that girl is nothing less than angel and deserved better (at that time, when I still a RL douch bag), but I knew us breaking up would cripple her heart, and I loved her to death for how much she loved me, but I felt like the 'love' was slowly transitioning into a 'best friend' type love.

It was hard... but I did tell her that night I wanted out. That I wanted to experience different people, and that I needed the space to grow on my own. I told her I didn't want to be a prick and see other girls behind her back, and then realize she's (my ex) the real deal and I just had to see some random chicks to get it out of my system so we could move on. But I wasn't that much of a douch bag, so I just tried lettuce be real like doe.

So she cried herself to sleep that night downstairs in my den on the couch with me. I felt so bad. I felt like such a douch bag. I felt so damn guilty. I was her first, and she was viciously emotionally connected to me. She left that morning, and later during the day she called me crying and saying she can't give us up. She refused to break up and let me do my own thing. I had all her stuff boxed up and ready to give her when she came back for the last time (I had thought).

She pulls up in my driveway, eyes balling like hell, and I felt a dagger through my heart. I broke a few tears when I saw her like that, b/c like I said, she is nothing less than an angel (especially back then) and I felt like I let her down, shattered her heart. In that moment, it tore me apart, and I lost a part of me too, and it changed me.

I hugged her and she put her arms around me so tightly and I just lost it. I told her we're not breaking up, we're going to get through this, and that I knew I'd never love anyone more than I love her. I told her that she was right, that be truly did belong together.

Well fast forward a couple years, she graduated university finally, I was in the process of completing my masters, and we moved in together. Wow, that's when things really changed. The first 6 months to a year, all was well, we were both happy as could be.

We also grew apart a little along the way. More like I grew apart. I started to question again what am I missing in life being with the same person? Was there something better out there? Was there something more? I had so many questions, and felt like I couldn't find the answers unless I had the opportunity to see other people and have different relationships.

She wasn't on that level... she was wanting to advance and take the next steps in settling down. We talked about marriage here and there, but when she would bring it up, I would always make it awkward or shoot it down. Saying things like "we're both still young" ... "we have plenty of time" ... "we're going to be together forever anyway, why rush putting a ring on your finger RIGHT NOW?" type things...

Well... that didn't work forever... and she began to really start wanting a child. She wanted to begin motherhood and start a family. I can't blame her, LOJ + Leslie would = beautiful children and she felt at the time she was ready for motherhood, but she wasn't ready, and neither was I.

We also had personal beliefs differences. I would go with her to church a few times here and there, and she didn't go religiously, but she did start to want to go more consistently and 'find' a church we liked, etc. but I never showed any interest and would pull her further away and away from the church/religious stuff.

She knew me and my mental pretty well... she knew I doubted the Christian God, and was more on the agnostic tip, but a few years before that hardcore atheist, and she finally found a church that actually shows people the real truth. A place where scripture is actually taken very seriously, and not watered down, like go to church on Sundays, and then have your personal life doing sinful things only to rinse and repeat every Sunday back to mid-week partying again getting drunk Saturday night, waking up hungover on Sunday.

Finally, she found a church where that type of crap just isn't tolerated. The church is based on placing the utmost importance on the fellowship. Being open, not hiding your personal life and sinful things, everything out in the open, everybody knows everybody, their personal lives and all they do. Accountability and we all keep each other in check. The best support system I've ever seen. Real life, real people, and real examples living the real life the Word tells you to live.

We don't believe the whole once saved always saved ideology. We don't believe in the 'saved' concept, but more of a personal choice to believe and follow Christ, and cleansing of your sins through being baptized after a constructed group of bible studies and you get to the point where you're at a crossroads. Are you ready to live for God? Know that you've been shown the 'real way' to follow the Bible and the 'real message' and not all this watered down commercial money hungry happy go lucky free for all Christian worshiping God yet outside of church live hella sinful lives and stick to themselves, private on personal matters and only singing and shootin the shit on Sundays as a convince thing.

We see it all differently. We take the church very, very seriously. We believe in building real relationships, being for real and really involved in each other's lives. Being open about our sin, confessing our sins to one another, not hiding all the bullshit we tried to hide and keep private before. The people and examples there are the real deal. Real people following the scripture, putting our trust in God, and not man. The church is really on some almost cult-like tip when it comes to our relationship with God.

We're not the typical "Jesus-freaks" most people see, we're "God Jesus Holy Spirit" freaks because we're all one in the same, and it's one love. One God. In the church, we are one, and color of skin, economic background, status, etc. is ignored. We don't form clicks and gossip behind people's back. If we see a brother or sister struggling, we pray for them. We ask questions, we make phone calls to them, go see them, we support them, we keep them close, and not out there in the world. They start to fall away, we do whatever it takes to bring them back.

Obviously, some fall away... the pressure can be stressful if you're not living by the Word and still trying to go every Sunday, get involved in the Bible studies and actually a part of the kingdom. You can not serve two masters. There's no 85% 15% split. It really is an all or nothing concept. You have to be in it for real, and be serious about it, or just not at all.

The problem and illusion with Christianity is that most think you can get 'saved' and there you go, you're not going to burn in hell. Thinking you're going to heaven b/c you simply asked for forgiveness and opened your heart to Jesus Christ by believing his existence, purpose and message. Only to then start backsliding and still sinning and still going to church, living the double lifestyle.

You just can't do that... your sins will find you out. We keep our circle tight, and if someone is not on board and being wayyyyyyyy too personal and it's more than obvious they're trying to have their cake and eat it too, it gets to a point we're more stern, but still loving and caring, as we try to pull them back and not fall

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 12:08 AM
away... which is hard to do... Satan is a sneaky fu*ker and will fight for your soul 'til the death of him (which will come) and the closer you get to God the harder he's going to fight back for you. Tug of war.

In the early stages of becoming what we call a 'disciple' going out and being fishers of men, being newly into the Kingdom it very, very difficult. I'm about 15 months in, this past year and a half of my life has been way beyond transitional for me. I'm seeing everything open before my eyes. Questions I've had my entire life, and being answered slowly, daily. The less I sin, and the more I give of my life to God, the more he shows me things and opens my entire world up to what life actually was meant to be.

My relationship with God, is something that can't be explained. It's supernatural, and nothing short of it. I'm experiencing the spiritual battle at it's highest pinnacle right about now. Winning and also losing daily battles. Everyday is a battle. Everyday will always be. With each passing day, it becomes more and more crystal clear there is a spiritual battle within ALL of us, whether we believe, don't believe, it's happening - every minute, every hour of our lives and will continue until the day we die.

Living the life, being serious about it, actually applying the Word's teaching and incorporating them into your everyday life, everyday thoughts, actions, into your everything, it comes to life, and your world opens up and you get a spiritual high that can't be explained. This spiritual high, can be good or bad. When you begin to understand these things, and you know the true message... the true meaning... how God put forth His plan for us to follow... with that knowledge and understanding, comes a much greater responsibility, and if you fall back the pressure becomes immense to the point you will either fall away or keep pushing forward.

It becomes apparent you can't serve two masters, and live two lives. You're either in, or out. Make a choice. The be good this day... then be bad and sin this day, etc back and forth will not be tolerated. God won't tolerate it, and we should be like God in that aspect, holding each other accountable, being personal in each other's lives, because we care about each of us, we care about one another, we want to bring as many along as we can while we're on this journey... and we can't let the Simon the Scorchers and phonies fit in b/c they bring down the church and you display a bad example for the overall fellowship and church if you're not held accountable.

I've been a disciple a there a little over a year when I made the decision to man up, take the plunge and accept the responsibility of living for God seriously, I got baptized and been on this God trip experience since then. I've been studying and building relationships with within the Kingdom (church) for a little under two years... and I'm really seeing what it's all about.

You have to find the real examples who are out there and really follow the scripture and take it seriously, holding each other accountable and actually practicing what's being taught... and not living like 90% of all other churches who practice and present a watered down version and sadly probably leaders within doing it for profit. Believe you me, these snakes who use God, Jesus and Christianity for personal financial gain, and that's their drive and motivation - God has a special place reserved for them. Their life will end eventually, and the real judge, will be using the real scales. Using the message, God/Christ for profit and personal gain is about as bad as it gets, but hey, that's Satan doing what he does best... which is taking something that we can't live without (currency, our well being) and using that as motivation for us to getting more and more, even at the expense of lying and misleading the people.

I'm sure nothing gets our heavenly Father hotter. Jesus turned over tables out of anger b/c the pharaohs, teachers of the law and tax collectors were using the church and synagogues for profit. You damn right God would be ready to go apeshit. Nothing is worse, and b/c of that many people label and view Christianity as a scam and corporation to manipulate, control, and financially suck the population. God will not tolerate anything of the like, and in time these crooks in the church will be found out. You can't live forever, and you can believe the punishment will be like no other.

So, while we're at that... we can't keep on continuing using man's mistakes, shortcomings and corruption as an excuse to ignore the original meanings, intentions, and purpose of God's word. That is being a coward. Get out of that mindset. Trust God, not us dumbass man. Stick to the scripture, don't let all the bullshit and watered down religion cloud your judgment or belief in God.

God is still God. It's man that changes, makes mistakes and using the Word for the wrong reasons. We can't keep using this as an excuse to not believe or as a means to mock the idea of the church and God. That's so played out and over played... it exhibits how mentally weak and coward-like you are. Scapegoat in full effect. Yeah, OK, whatever, just man up, and stop using your fellow man who's going to sin, make mistakes and actually enhance why non-believers already don’t believe to begin with as a scapegoat... stop using bad apples in the bunch to claim that's why God can't be real.

It's the ultimate manipulation thanks to Satan and his pride, envy tearing our minds into shreds and pushing us further away and further away from God, having us thinking in our hearts, there is no God. After your mental comes to that conclusion, Satan has free reign to be like a kid in a candy store when how you're going to be living your sinful life. No God, no sins, no consequences. Nobody will know it but me. Yeah. I'll steal this candy bar, I'll cheat on my girlfriend or wife, I'll say GD whenever I want (which is ironic in itself, b/c the most hardcore atheist will say GD with pride all day, and hope it offends people... LOL God done mind-raped dudes like that and pissed them off)... once you arrive at 'there is no God' ... you're basically saying "Satan, here I am, rape me!"

I know I know, sound silly as hell, but people, this is real talk. Time to wake up. Time to get smart. Time to stop letting and using the poor examples and mistakes of man as our 'that's why God doesn't exist!' card. That card will show declined when you try and swipe that bit*h on your judgment day.

Not trying to depress or upset... just wanting to keep it real. You have a choice. Just remember, when it's all said and done, you will have to live with that choice. I'm no judge... if anything, I deserve hell even if I did rebound and finally start living for God now... I don't deserve heaven... I don't deserve anything divine or from God... I deserve hell for who I was and how I lived my life. All the people I helped push away from God such as my brother and friends. God forgive me. I have a mountain of making up to do.

In the end, if God still says "sorry, you're not getting in Josh" ... and the scales don't weigh in my favor. Then so be it... I will still thank Him that I was shown the real way. The true message, and that I had the opportunity to experience His Kingdom in 'this' world and experience what I did and everything He gave me even though I didn't deserve none of it. I'll have to live with that. He's the judge, not me.

In the Bible it says few will make it to heaven... and it's becoming more and more apparent why. As I see everything on TV, in music, movies, people's two faced lives, watered down religion, God is good but only when I need Him and he's convenient. Such garbage... God is worth more than that. He's worth so much more. He gave us all this around us... and WE have corrupted it, perverted it, and made it what it is today.

... and the cool thing to do today is be on the whole "Religion, WTF?" ... "God, yeah right LOL" ... "you think there's a God? living in caveman era dude?" ...

The fool is he who says in his heart there is no God. God loves you. Satan will do anything and everything to keep you away from him. Satan's motivation and ambition is set on a hundred, thousand, trillion... and he will be a lion that never sleeps, outsmart you, fool you, blind you, manipulate you, trick you, all the while laughing at you as he's getting all giddy winning more and more away from God and more to him.

I know, I know, fairy tale shit. It's all make believe. We should all just get rid of religion, there is no God! Duh, the magic gases from nothing and with no purpose or reason being here created all this, not some big bully in the sky.

Come on people... let's go back to the drawing board mentally and really start thinking about this 'is there a god or not?' thing. Most of you who are always in these God/Christianity/Religion debates are on red alarm mode ready to bash and talk up a shit storm to counter, mock, shit on, make fun of anything the slightest being remotely related to God/Christ, etc.

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Why are we so perplexed and mind-raped by God/religion that we're constantly on the internet, looking at atheist websites, support groups, message boards, finding clicks, etc... all aimed and intended to erase God, and people can't get enough of it. Out of control like wildfire, and people find such comfort in all these things making them feel better about 'not' believing. Give each other mental ^ 5's as they read these sites, take old scripture out of context, seeing examples of those in the mainstream Christianity community making mistakes, then laughing and jumping up and down happy giddy giddy doing the 'suck it' motion to God/Christianity ... LOL - why are you atheist (that type) so hell-bent on these things?

They spend any and every second of their lives finding comfort anything anti-God. Sad stuff... I mean, I was like that to a degree, pretty hardcore atheist from say 12-21 years old... but damn yo... some people aren’t growing out of it and it's only getting worse and worse. Time for people to wake the F up and get on Word and scriptures in their daily to do list... need to organize some Bible studies and build real relationships with others who are serious about God, and want to live life the right way and make a difference.

Turn the TV off. Stop being selfish, and making money, material physical things of the flex (sex as motivation) your everything. Take a time out... really think about what you're doing. Think about what you've done for God lately... b/c He's already done everything for you... at one point or another, we'll need to have to must give back... yes He's worth it... He loves us, more than we love ourselves (which is a sickening though b/c we're all so egotistic these days, including me obviously) ... He loves us more than we love ourselves and it's not even close... He wants the best for us... He loved us FIRST.

1 Life. 1 Soul. 1 Chance. 1 Son. 1 Belief. 1 Way. 1 Love. 1 God.

Real life. Real talk. Welcome to LOJ world.

TennesseeFan
09-08-2011, 12:12 AM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr1mpqD1i81qcr9zvo1_500.png

detroitkid816
09-08-2011, 12:14 AM
huh

Velocirap31
09-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Waiting for 'Didn't Read.gif'

Positive
09-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Waiting for 'Didn't Read.gif'
For you:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/hahaha_didnt_read.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4306)

kaiiu
09-08-2011, 12:19 AM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2emhb2r.jpg

d.bball.guy
09-08-2011, 12:47 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/did%20not%20read/grand/lol_didnt_read.gif
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/did%20not%20read/grand/hvwe28.jpg.gif
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/did%20not%20read/grand/2ro0w2g.gif
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/did%20not%20read/grand/didnt_read_sax_gif.gif
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/did%20not%20read/grand/didnt_read_gif_kgk9.gif

FourthTenor
09-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Josh needs to believe theres someone who can make up for the wack ass hand he got dealt by Dust n Gas.

Its an obvious defense mechanism against his pain of thought, but hey i guess if illusion is your only escape, well whatevs... i cant even trip cuz im just laughin at ya, u tryin hard to maintain well go 'head cuz i aint mad atcha!

Hah

boozehound
09-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Why are we so perplexed and mind-raped by God/religion that we're constantly on the internet, looking at atheist websites, support groups, message boards, finding clicks, etc... all aimed and intended to erase God, and people can't get enough of it. .
not gonna get into the rest of it, but you are ridiculous if you think this. Most atheists/agnostics/secularists dont think about god very much at all. Go do a google tools of atheist sites and look at how low their visits are. Meanwhile, an anti-science and anti-knowledge movement clothed in a thin veneer of Jesus (or Mohamed in the middle east) is mainstream influential. so.... get a grip. christ life is not under attack, and the only darkside is in movies about the force.

and MM, she left him after 9 years for jesus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhkHG-oKCEU&feature=player_detailpage

The-Legend-24
09-08-2011, 01:00 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2jfg08h.gif

L8k3r5
09-08-2011, 01:12 AM
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/fic/src/131282868773.gif

G-train
09-08-2011, 01:15 AM
I live a life in relationship with Christ and find it extremely fulfilling. I have definitely changed as a person and have witnessed and experienced many supernatural events.
Eg. i have a friend who was in jail for the criminally insane, he became a Christian and his life has changed completely. He is now a brilliant pastor and great person. Thats just one of many examples I was led to share.

That being said if you want to live another way thats your choice. But if you feel lost or depressed or unsatisfied, I recommend reading a bible and praying each day for 15 mins and see if you find life.

I can't reccommend a church in the USA as I dont live there, but I do listen to the teaching at Bethel Church, Redding and if you are interested in Christianity and live nearby I would attend their services.

ThaSwagg3r
09-08-2011, 01:52 AM
http://menversus.com/images/didntread.gif

Quizno
09-08-2011, 02:30 AM
i'm studying right now and didn't read all of it and basically just skipped to your part about atheists and religion bashing and all that stuff. dude, you really need to realize that some people genuinely just don't think there's a god out there. i don't believe in a spirit, an afterlife, a god, any supernatural stuff, i just don't. i don't because i don't see any reason to. i don't feel any kind of holy spirit looking upon me. i'm not really searching for it but i don't have a closed mind to it either, i just don't see any reason to believe in any of it. it's really not that difficult.

do i ever think about god? yeah, of course, everyone does at least a little bit. i think of how we got here a lot, how it defies our known laws of physics that we're even here. energy can't be created or destroyed, so how did we come to be? i have no idea, but i think just saying "god has always been here and he created everything and looks down upon us and cares for us" etc etc is a cheap cop out that people who can't comprehend just not knowing turn to.

i don't know where we go when we die. i think it's probably just like how it was before we were born. in psychology my professor said he thought it was like a dreamless sleep but of course he doesn't know. nobody really knows, and that includes yourself and your pastors. you might think you know but reading something out of the bible doesn't really make it factual truth. think logically and you'll know this to be true.

open your mind to the idea that not all atheists hate god and look down upon religious people - it's just a different set of beliefs. do i think you're delusional? yeah, i do, and i don't mean that in a disrespectful way. i think you're wrong but i don't have all the answers either. i have absolutely no idea what's out there but i can go off of what i've experienced on earth and i've found no reason to believe in anything out of the bible or any other religious text that's claimed to have the answer. and yes, i've looked.

anyway, it's fine that you're religious, i think there are some pretty good moral principles in the bible, but you're constantly bashing non-religious people like we're spiritually retarded or something lol. you can't fathom that somebody has different beliefs and you've become exactly what it is you're critiquing.

Mr. Grieves
09-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Read everything.

That was a severe tangent there. I've never liked your posts but then I don't post much myself but I appreciate this insight into why you're this way and who you are. I don't believe in god and didn't before the internet came along either, your words didn't change anything but I liked to see how you see things.

On the girl problem. Crying b*tches are the worst, it takes a cold mo' focker to not feel anything but what can you do? You are obviously empathetic, it was you who made them feel this, but if you aren't happy now, how will your marriage work in ten years or less? You have to be strong in your conviction (lol sounds like god) and not back down. They'll try to worm anything out of you to construe that you should still be together but sometimes you just have to cut it off, being straight up about your feelings and intentions is the only way to go.

If you are head over heels for her I'd say stay. But if you have misgivings and do not feel totally satisfied I say get out. The longer you're in a relationship like that the harder it is to forget. But as a warning, even if you don't think you'd want to be with her the rest of your life, a major relationship like that will leave it's scars. You will think of her, especially when you are alone and need someone. You will compare new girls to her, their faults and perks, but if you can find someone truly for you it will all fade in time.

*edit* Although being an extremely religious person obviously cuts down your choices of finding a happy relationship a lot, but there are more nutters out there. Take that into consideration if you want to dump your current also-into god girl too. Maybe you will get lucky.

Hittin_Shots
09-08-2011, 03:21 AM
i'm studying right now and didn't read all of it and basically just skipped to your part about atheists and religion bashing and all that stuff. dude, you really need to realize that some people genuinely just don't think there's a god out there. i don't believe in a spirit, an afterlife, a god, any supernatural stuff, i just don't. i don't because i don't see any reason to. i don't feel any kind of holy spirit looking upon me. i'm not really searching for it but i don't have a closed mind to it either, i just don't see any reason to believe in any of it. it's really not that difficult.

do i ever think about god? yeah, of course, everyone does at least a little bit. i think of how we got here a lot, how it defies our known laws of physics that we're even here. energy can't be created or destroyed, so how did we come to be? i have no idea, but i think just saying "god has always been here and he created everything and looks down upon us and cares for us" etc etc is a cheap cop out that people who can't comprehend just not knowing turn to.

i don't know where we go when we die. i think it's probably just like how it was before we were born. in psychology my professor said he thought it was like a dreamless sleep but of course he doesn't know. nobody really knows, and that includes yourself and your pastors. you might think you know but reading something out of the bible doesn't really make it factual truth. think logically and you'll know this to be true.

open your mind to the idea that not all atheists hate god and look down upon religious people - it's just a different set of beliefs. do i think you're delusional? yeah, i do, and i don't mean that in a disrespectful way. i think you're wrong but i don't have all the answers either. i have absolutely no idea what's out there but i can go off of what i've experienced on earth and i've found no reason to believe in anything out of the bible or any other religious text that's claimed to have the answer. and yes, i've looked.

anyway, it's fine that you're religious, i think there are some pretty good moral principles in the bible, but you're constantly bashing non-religious people like we're spiritually retarded or something lol. you can't fathom that somebody has different beliefs and you've become exactly what it is you're critiquing.

To sum up the part you skipped, he pretty much was too bitch-made to break up with his gf that he wanted to; and then eventually let her change him into the bible bashing person we've all come to experience on here.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 07:27 AM
not gonna get into the rest of it, but you are ridiculous if you think this. Most atheists/agnostics/secularists dont think about god very much at all. Go do a google tools of atheist sites and look at how low their visits are. Meanwhile, an anti-science and anti-knowledge movement clothed in a thin veneer of Jesus (or Mohamed in the middle east) is mainstream influential. so.... get a grip. christ life is not under attack, and the only darkside is in movies about the force.

and MM, she left him after 9 years for jesus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhkHG-oKCEU&feature=player_detailpage
Lol get off your high horse, atheists follow a religion as well, the blind belief in science, even though science always is proving itself to be wrong and no one has actually proved God to not exist.

For example look at all the things we believed to be scientific fact just 5 years ago and now have been discovered to be obsolete. Atheists just follow the religion of blind faith in man even though man always is proven to be wrong.

They are afraid of things they don't understand so they try to quantify everything, turn it into math and make it understandable but even 10,000 years from now they will only understand about .0001% of what is really going on in the world.

Whereas people who follow religion just accept things are as they are rather then try to turn everything that happens that is beautiful into an equation. Atheists do this because it is a coping mechanism to help them deal with their fear of the unknown.

That is what lies in the heart of every atheist and motivates them to be so anti-religious. Fear of the unknown.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm going to keep saying it...

This is some of the most bullshit logic for justifying something's potential existence. You can use it for ANYTHING. With ANY non-proven entity, you can say "well you can't prove it doesn't exist."
You can say the same about so much of science.

Prove God doesn't exist then everyone will start following the atheist religion of blind trusting faith that has proven throughout the ages to keep being wrong.

Hittin_Shots
09-08-2011, 08:37 AM
You can say the same about so much of science.

Prove God doesn't exist then everyone will start following the atheist religion of blind trusting faith that has proven throughout the ages to keep being wrong.

Prove time travelling invisible alpacas don't exist.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Prove time travelling invisible alpacas don't exist.
prove that the human DNA strand was created over millions of years through natural selection:roll:

lilbill
09-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Finally, she found a church where that type of crap just isn't tolerated. The church is based on placing the utmost importance on the fellowship. Being open, not hiding your personal life and sinful things, everything out in the open, everybody knows everybody, their personal lives and all they do. Accountability and we all keep each other in check. The best support system I've ever seen. Real life, real people, and real examples living the real life the Word tells you to live.

Holy fukking shit that sounds like the worst church ever.

Hittin_Shots
09-08-2011, 09:10 AM
prove that the human DNA strand was created over millions of years through natural selection:roll:

Prove that Dolphins aren't the super race plotting to exterminate humans in due time.

JtotheIzzo
09-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Did anyone actually read that shit?

Hittin_Shots
09-08-2011, 09:12 AM

Yea his girl mind-raped him into joining a christian cult.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Yea his girl mind-raped him into joining a christian cult.
Prove that scientists don't often change and manipulate data in order to get the findings they need to satisfy the organizations that fund them.

Hittin_Shots
09-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Prove that scientists don't often change and manipulate data in order to get the findings they need to satisfy the organizations that fund them.

Prove you aren't a post op hermaphrodite.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 09:40 AM
prove that you aren't swagless

lilbill

Post-op meaning he had his ***** removed or his vag sewn up?

Hittin_Shots
prove that you aren't swagless

I prove that ervree day.

Hittin_Shots
09-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Post-op meaning he had his ***** removed or his vag sewn up?

Who knows, but he can't prove it now can he?

FourthTenor
09-08-2011, 10:20 AM
If a microscope or telescope measures and records something tangible, but some guy in a robe on a stage who jerked off a little boy 20 minutes ago says "no no no, the opposite is true"... Who u believin?

All the stuff religion espouses is told to its followers by PEOPLE, not god. If every car stereo speaker in the world miraculously started blasting a divine message, or if a bible appeared under everyones pillow one morning, u mite have something. But as it is, your whole belief system is based on what some old pervs put in front of u and said "believe this." pretty ridicolz.

airchibundo507
09-08-2011, 11:02 AM
If a microscope or telescope measures and records something tangible, but some guy in a robe on a stage who jerked off a little boy 20 minutes ago says "no no no, the opposite is true"... Who u believin?

All the stuff religion espouses is told to its followers by PEOPLE, not god. If every car stereo speaker in the world miraculously started blasting a divine message, or if a bible appeared under everyones pillow one morning, u mite have something. But as it is, your whole belief system is based on what some old pervs put in front of u and said "believe this." pretty ridicolz.

and our understanding of science is restricted to our technological capabilities. we were 110% sure the world was flat a few centuries ago. think about present-day "facts" that will eventually be disproved and superseded. the Big Bang Theory is pure conjecture btw.

boozehound
09-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Lol get off your high horse, atheists follow a religion as well, the blind belief in science, even though science always is proving itself to be wrong and no one has actually proved God to not exist.

For example look at all the things we believed to be scientific fact just 5 years ago and now have been discovered to be obsolete. Atheists just follow the religion of blind faith in man even though man always is proven to be wrong.

They are afraid of things they don't understand so they try to quantify everything, turn it into math and make it understandable but even 10,000 years from now they will only understand about .0001% of what is really going on in the world.

Whereas people who follow religion just accept things are as they are rather then try to turn everything that happens that is beautiful into an equation. Atheists do this because it is a coping mechanism to help them deal with their fear of the unknown.

That is what lies in the heart of every atheist and motivates them to be so anti-religious. Fear of the unknown.
this post shows reaffirms what an ignorant **** you are. A fact in science is a piece of observable or measurable data. fact is the lowest level of explanation. and the whole point of the scientific method is to disprove notions of causality (hypotheses). Thats why its so effective and has explained so much of our world. Having an appreciation of the scientific method is hardly a religion of faith. You are such a ****ing dumbass toolbox. You wouldnt even post in this thread if I hadnt.

boozehound
09-08-2011, 11:46 AM
ok rick perry. this is a bunch of nonsense. even the "climate gate" (the only relevant example of this) was mostly overblown rubbish hyped by the media. Altering your data is the easiest way to lose funding, your position, etc. Most fields are based on corroborative experiments. So, if you manipulate your findings, you will be found out.

and, frankly, most athiests/agnostics/secularists couldnt care less about others having religion, as long as its not foisted on them. There are very few people out there trying to actively convert people. SMFH

I am genuinely glad someone like the posted on the 2nd page can find a community through christ that helps him deal with his shit.

Every major church accepts evolution as compatible with their beliefs and the bible. So, why are the evangelicals so scared? Because they have a less secure faith in their own beliefs IMO.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 12:16 PM
and our understanding of science is restricted to our technological capabilities. we were 110% sure the world was flat a few centuries ago. think about present-day "facts" that will eventually be disproved and superseded. the Big Bang Theory is pure conjecture btw.
exactly, even the theory of relativity is supposedly wrong now, in 50 years 90% of everything Steven Hawking has done will probably be proven wrong as well.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 12:19 PM
this post shows reaffirms what an ignorant **** you are. A fact in science is a piece of observable or measurable data. fact is the lowest level of explanation. and the whole point of the scientific method is to disprove notions of causality (hypotheses). Thats why its so effective and has explained so much of our world. Having an appreciation of the scientific method is hardly a religion of faith. You are such a ****ing dumbass toolbox. You wouldnt even post in this thread if I hadnt.
Lol why so mad little sheep, is your blind belief in science not helping you cope with your deep-seated fear of death and the unknown?

All of this "observable measurable data" is rendered obsolete every 10-15 years or so. So basically in your world you just blindly follow what the scientists tell you to follow, then they tell you they were wrong and you should follow this new belief they just came up with instead. Then 15 years later they change their mind and tell you to follow something completely different. Wow, that sounds just like the catholic church! Tell me how is a scientist any different from a monk? Both have similar levels of education. What made you decide to blindly follow the humans educated in liberal arts universities rather then the humans educated in religious universities? Are you rebelling against mommy and daddy who dragged you to boring church sermons every sunday from a young age? You are as much of a sheep as the religious people who disgust you so much, sport!:roll:

Bladers
09-08-2011, 12:53 PM
and not living like 90% of all other churches who practice and present a watered down version and sadly probably leaders within doing it for profit.

Everything was all good and until I read this sentence and a bunch of red flags went up. If your church actually believes that, then that isn't a good sign.
Do they preach Sinless perfection... Lordship Salvation?

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 12:58 PM

Shit? Just because you don't believe, despise religion or whatever, that it equates someone's RL emotions into 'shit'.

FourthTenor
09-08-2011, 01:06 PM

Dude the greeks measured the earths circumference more than "a few" centuries ago. About 3000 yrs ago in fact. "the earth is flat" concept during colombus' time was a myth widely believed by dumb commoners, similar to bigfoot is today. It wasnt some kind of fact in scientific communities even in the 1400s.

But hey, who needs to know real history when u can believe earth was made in 6 days about 6k yrs ago. And those other stars and planets we see each nite? Those were just gods "rough drafts" or somethin, rite?

None of us knows anything for sure. Some of us believe what instriments and scientific measurement indicate thus far. Others believe what a cult has told them to believe using guilt trips, fairy tale promises, and shiny stained glass mirrors. Hmm..

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Dude the greeks measured the earths circumference more than "a few" centuries ago. About 3000 yrs ago in fact. "the earth is flat" concept during colombus' time was a myth widely believed by dumb commoners, similar to bigfoot is today. It wasnt some kind of fact in scientific communities even in the 1400s.

But hey, who needs to know real history when u can believe earth was made in 6 days about 6k yrs ago. And those other stars and planets we see each nite? Those were just gods "rough drafts" or somethin, rite?

None of us knows anything for sure. Some of us believe what instriments and scientific measurement indicate thus far. Others believe what a cult has told them to believe using guilt trips, fairy tale promises, and shiny stained glass mirrors. Hmm..

The torah talks about the Big Bang in the first passage. What more can you ask for?

The world was created in 6 days and is 6,000 years old isn't literal. The Talmud, the oral tradition that accompanies the torah that Judaism invented explains how the 6 days is metaphorical.

It is only idiot Christians and Muslims who misinterpreted everything that decided to take the bible literally. If you take the Bible without the Talmud accompanying it to explain everything it seems like a child fable, the Talmud explains how most of this is metaphorical, don't blame the old testament just because you are looking at it from the ignorant literal Christian or Muslim perspective.

If these idiots like Boozehound actually understood or knew anything about the Talmud, they would realize how retarded all of their arguments against the Old Testament look.

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Seems more like what he posted made actual sense and instead of accepting it, you got a little ticked and semi apeshit in your post response hence the multiple **** explicits.

You always want to talk shit about me being prideful, ego-centric and the like, when you're just as bad, if not worse. You honestly believe you're on some elitist shit and you think b/c of your education / title you have something that makes you superior to others, esp. on that mental tip.

Yeah OK.

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 01:25 PM
There are very few people out there trying to actively convert people. SMFH

Yeah, which is why we're now seeing billboards paid out of pocket by atheists mocking Christianity specifically, domestic and global organizations promoting atheism, countless publishings, writings, blogs, books promoting atheism and let us not forget this place... where all the closet fa66it 18-22 year olds come here to go way out of their way to bash that mean old God and dance and stoMp on Christ/Christianity.

Yeah... religion is alive and well... atheists don't care about bringing down God, and eradicating religion/Christianity... yeah... OK.

What world are you living in exactly?

You can't be THIS ignorant. Keep saying and believing whatever you want to make yourself feel more mentally comfy and secure... whatever works.

:rolleyes:

LOL... and let's not even get on the whole "X'mas thing and how it pisses so many people off to hear the word Christmas (95% of them being atheist) . Sickening.

FourthTenor
09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
The torah talks about the Big Bang in the first passage. What more can you ask for?

The world was created in 6 days and is 6,000 years old isn't literal. The Talmud, the oral tradition that accompanies the torah that Judaism invented explains how the 6 days is metaphorical.

It is only idiot Christians and Muslims who misinterpreted everything that decided to take the bible literally. If you take the Bible without the Talmud accompanying it to explain everything it seems like a child fable, the Talmud explains how most of this is metaphorical, don't blame the old testament just because you are looking at it from the ignorant literal Christian or Muslim perspective.

If these idiots like Boozehound actually understood or knew anything about the Talmud, they would realize how retarded all of their arguments against the Old Testament look.

If genesis, noahs ark, armageddon etc are Man-made allegory, then isnt god, heaven, jesus, sin etc? They all come from the same source. Egyptians and sumerians and indo asians conceptualized "gods" and afterlife long b4 the bible. That was all allegory, but jebus and heaven are totally real?

I guess im just not seeing how the avg worshipper determines whats credible, and what is just supposed to be symbolic... Other than that as soon as something is disproven, it goes in the "thats just symbolic" pile lulz

FourthTenor
09-08-2011, 01:31 PM
And i actually support and promote most christian social values. But thats just bc the values themselves are good for society. I dont need a mascot and a golden ticket to support that. I wish more peeps were like that. Seems most people believe in both god and the values, or neither. Ill take the values, leave the god

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 01:36 PM
If genesis, noahs ark, armageddon etc are Man-made allegory, then isnt god, heaven, jesus, sin etc? They all come from the same source. Egyptians and sumerians and indo asians conceptualized "gods" and afterlife long b4 the bible. That was all allegory, but jebus and heaven are totally real?

I guess im just not seeing how the avg worshipper determines whats credible, and what is just supposed to be symbolic... Other than that as soon as something is disproven, it goes in the "thats just symbolic" pile lulz
No Jesus the God and heaven aren't real, Christianity is just a bizarre sect of Judaism that simplified the whole thing, took obvious parables literally and then ignored the Talmud and turned a rabbi into a deity.

The entire New Testament is IMO bullshit, because it was all pieced together at that conference in rome to suit a political agenda. The Torah and Talmud are the only books I've read that make sense. Kabbalah and Talmud even explain how the soul splits into different parts when you die and talks about different alternate reality dimensions, which only now the scientific community is finally starting to understand with their string theory.

Quizno
09-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, which is why we're now seeing billboards paid out of pocket by atheists mocking Christianity specifically, domestic and global organizations promoting atheism, countless publishings, writings, blogs, books promoting atheism and let us not forget this place... where all the closet fa66it 18-22 year olds come here to go way out of their way to bash that mean old God and dance and stoMp on Christ/Christianity.

Yeah... religion is alive and well... atheists don't care about bringing down God, and eradicating religion/Christianity... yeah... OK.

What world are you living in exactly?

You can't be THIS ignorant. Keep saying and believing whatever you want to make yourself feel more mentally comfy and secure... whatever works.

:rolleyes:

LOL... and let's not even get on the whole "X'mas thing and how it pisses so many people off. Sickening.
lol how many billboards have you seen mocking Christianity? i live in LA with a population of over 3 million and it's a very liberal city and i haven't seen a single thing like that. lots of religious billboards but no atheist ones. ever. ever.

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Lol why so mad little sheep, is your blind belief in science not helping you cope with your deep-seated fear of death and the unknown?

All of this "observable measurable data" is rendered obsolete every 10-15 years or so. So basically in your world you just blindly follow what the scientists tell you to follow, then they tell you they were wrong and you should follow this new belief they just came up with instead. Then 15 years later they change their mind and tell you to follow something completely different. Wow, that sounds just like the catholic church! Tell me how is a scientist any different from a monk? Both have similar levels of education. What made you decide to blindly follow the humans educated in liberal arts universities rather then the humans educated in religious universities? Are you rebelling against mommy and daddy who dragged you to boring church sermons every sunday from a young age? You are as much of a sheep as the religious people who disgust you so much, sport!:roll:

Card pulled... hard. Right on the money with this one. I'm very curious to see booze's response.

:oldlol:

Thanks for posting that. I actually enjoyed reading it.

DeuceWallaces
09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Lol what a crock of shit from the OP and Nick.

There is no atheist attack on religion. The agnostic and atheist go about their business with very little solidarity. Religion is not part of their life nor do they, in general, feel the need to take it away from others. The only thing attacking religion is the collective logic of the general populace and even that pales in comparison to the systematic onslaught against all things non-religion in the US by conservative-Christians and the like.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Lol what a crock of shit from the OP and Nick.

There is no atheist attack on religion. The agnostic and atheist go about their business with very little solidarity. Religion is not part of their life nor do they, in general, feel the need to take it away from others. The only thing attacking religion is the collective logic of the general populace and even that pales in comparison to the systematic onslaught against all things non-religion in the US by conservative-Christians and the like.
you are proof that god exists apparently you are a 25+ year old man but you have the face of a 12 year old girl, maybe in your blood is the cure for death. If you still look like a 12 year old girl in 10 years you really need to sacrifice your body for science, you could be the solution to immortality. God works in mysterious ways:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lebowsky
09-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Wrong. People from centuries ago speculated the world was flat, based solely on direct observation. Even back then, cultured people thought the world was spherical (Pythagoras, Ptolemy and Aristotle, for instance).

Lebowsky
09-08-2011, 03:29 PM

This.

Lebowsky
09-08-2011, 03:32 PM
lol how many billboards have you seen mocking Christianity? i live in LA with a population of over 3 million and it's a very liberal city and i haven't seen a single thing like that. lots of religious billboards but no atheist ones. ever. ever.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/10/20/atheistbus.jpg

There was huge one just like that where I live covering a the scaffolding of a building under construction.

DeuceWallaces
09-08-2011, 03:33 PM
you are proof that god exists apparently you are a 25+ year old man but you have the face of a 12 year old girl, maybe in your blood is the cure for death. If you still look like a 12 year old girl in 10 years you really need to sacrifice your body for science, you could be the solution to immortality. God works in mysterious ways:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lol at the rebuttal of the defeated. Keep up the good work!

DeuceWallaces
09-08-2011, 03:35 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/10/20/atheistbus.jpg

There was huge one just like that where I live covering a the scaffolding of a building under construction.

Ha, now check how many christian billboards there are attacking others and promoting their own beliefs.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS395US395&q=rebuttal&um=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=939&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=vi#um=1&hl=en&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS395US395&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FBlpTt3aJdCtgQfSvpnxDA&ved=0CDsQvwUoAQ&q=religious+billboard&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e5ca765f603e9433&biw=1280&bih=939

Lebowsky
09-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Ha, now check how many christian billboards there are attacking others and promoting their own beliefs.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS395US395&q=rebuttal&um=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=939&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=vi#um=1&hl=en&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS395US395&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=christian+billboard&pbx=1&oq=christian+billboard&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1204l4350l0l4891l19l17l0l1l1l0l203l1932l4.1 1.1l16l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e5ca765f603e9433&biw=1280&bih=939

I know, I know. I was just providing proof such billboards actually existed. That campaign was quite respectful imo, I wouldn't have been so polite myself.

Is He Ill
09-08-2011, 03:40 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS395US395&q=rebuttal&um=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1280&bih=939&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=vi#um=1&hl=en&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS395US395&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FBlpTt3aJdCtgQfSvpnxDA&ved=0CDsQvwUoAQ&q=religious+billboard&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e5ca765f603e9433&biw=1280&bih=939

:lol
http://socialpsychologyeye.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/atheist_billboard.jpg

DeuceWallaces
09-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I know, I know. I was just providing proof such billboards actually existed. That campaign was quite respectful imo, I wouldn't have been so polite myself.

Wasn't coming at you, just responding with the other side for people to see.

LJJ
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM

More importantly, let's not ignore the outrage that arises every single time an "agnostic" billboard is placed. The campaign where the picture Lebowsky posted is from was a pretty big scandal.

I have probably randomly come across somewhere in the thousands of religious propaganda in real life, while I can count the non-religious propaganda I've randomly come across on one hand.

Bladers
09-08-2011, 03:43 PM

I'm sorry honey, but the bible said the earth was round 5,000 years ago and there were no telescope, no scientifical gadgets. The bible also says the earth is millions of years old and it didn't need a radioactive reader, it didn't need to curve up trees and rocks and date them. The bible also said that the Universe was expanding.

Einstein said the universe was in a steady-state, always existing. Well that turned out to be wrong. The bible had it right 6,000 years ago.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/files/uploads/LemaitreEinstein.jpg

In-fact the idea that the universe was expanding theory was proposed in the scientific community by a catholic priest (Father Georges-Henri Lemaitre) who was a scientist but was no respected because of his religious affiliations and when he proposed the idea and backed it up with evidence. The scientific main stream community still didn't accept him for awhile because of their hate for any one with a religious background.

But eventually they did, they couldn't resist the truth he spoke of, they discovered for themselves that he was right, that the universe WAS expanding and expanding at an EVEN more higher rate.

Jailblazers7
09-08-2011, 03:44 PM
So science building upon existing theories and correcting past errors is a bad thing?

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I know^^^

These idiots who hate the old testament so much and are always bringing it up that religious people are idiots obviously haven't read it. It talks about the big bang in the first freaking paragraph.

By the way atheist sheeple, how did the big bang occur? What was there before the big bang? What was the catalyst for it? The Torah explained it already 6,000 years ago and it is only like 40 years since the scientific community finally caught up, and yeah they are never going to discover what started the big bang, unless they finally decide to smarten up and accept reality.

Lebowsky
09-08-2011, 03:48 PM
More importantly, let's not ignore the outrage that arises every single time an "agnostic" billboard is placed. The campaign where the picture Lebowsky posted is from was a pretty big scandal.

I have probably randomly come across somewhere in the thousands of religious propaganda in real life, while I can count the non-religious propaganda I've randomly come across on one hand.
To be honest, one I posted is the only atheist campaign I've ever seen in my life. And you're right, those billboards caused a massive outrage among catholic organizations and hierarchy here. It was on the news for several days.

lilbill
09-08-2011, 03:50 PM
In-fact the idea that the universe was expanding theory was proposed in the scientific community by a catholic priest

Too bad he's in Hell for being Catholic.

airchibundo507
09-08-2011, 03:50 PM
So science building upon existing theories and correcting past errors is a bad thing?

no, not if theories are acknowledged as what they are, preconceived notions

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 03:55 PM
As I've never read the bible would you mind providing excerpts about the expanding universe part. Is it meant in a literal way?
if you never read it how can you criticize it:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Ezekiel 1:22
[It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Isaiah 42:5

Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 45:12
I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
I can go on and on with these

Nick Young 3:16
I just educated your ignorant ass

LilKateMoss
09-08-2011, 03:55 PM
You've got to be one of the dumbest posters on here these days. Your irrationality and willingness to believe in just about anything supernatural, be it ghosts, demons, ouija boards or **** fairies, is pathetic and saddening at the same time, to say the least. Please grab a book some time.

airchibundo507
09-08-2011, 03:58 PM
if you never read it how can you criticize it:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

He was quite civil.

airchibundo507
09-08-2011, 03:59 PM
You've got to be one of the dumbest posters on here these days. Your irrationality and willingness to believe in just about anything supernatural, be it ghosts, demons, ouija boards or **** fairies, is pathetic and saddening at the same time, to say the least. Please grab a book some time.

you made me cry :cry:

Lebowsky
09-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Pretty much the same way you always talk out of your ass.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Pretty much the same way you always talk out of your ass.
Sorry Macho Man brah

Ezekiel 1:22
[It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Isaiah 42:5

Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isaiah 45:12
I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

I think Einstein was the one talking out of his ass when he talked about the universe

LJJ
09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Stretched is a verb in the simple past tense Serge. Meaning it has ended. So those quotes from the bible actually say the heavens aren't stretching right now.

DeuceWallaces
09-08-2011, 04:09 PM

They are not.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Stretched is a verb in the simple past tense Serge. Meaning it has ended. So those quotes from the bible actually say the heavens aren't stretching right now.
in original hebrew it isn't in past tense. correct translation says stretcher of the universe

Lebowsky
09-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Sorry Macho Man brah

I think Einstein was the one talking out of his ass when he talked about the universe
OMG, that was precisely and unequivocally referencing the big bang theory! Genious. You know, that's what I love about writing poethically and in vague terms. It can explain whatever you want. Ask Nostradamus. Genious.

airchibundo507
09-08-2011, 04:14 PM
They are not.

That's funny because the Big Bang is often touted as fact.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 04:16 PM
OMG, that was precisely and unequivocally referencing the big bang theory! Genious. You know, that's what I love about writing poethically and in vague terms. It can explain whatever you want. Genious.

It says god stretched the universe. how is it vague? it also clearly says first there was nothing then god expanded the universe out of nothing in Genesis. How is that vague? The Zohar and Talmud explain it further in depth
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aucnVVwvlcE/SwgCYC_EXbI/AAAAAAAAALo/dFUGYFHWFmU/s1600/dumbass.jpg

LJJ
09-08-2011, 04:19 PM
in original hebrew it isn't in past tense. correct translation says stretcher of the universe

That's ambiguous then, not a definitive statement that the universe is continuously expanding.

Quizno
09-08-2011, 04:19 PM
lmao holy shit if you really think that's god's way of saying the universe is expanding :roll:

people really see what they want to see sometimes :oldlol:

Bladers
09-08-2011, 04:20 PM
As I've never read the bible would you mind providing excerpts about the expanding universe part. Is it meant in a literal way?

Since Nick Young already posted the verses, I will post this video showing the precise moment of the big bang according to scientists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIoKrL_8pt8#t=08s

You see in those few seconds is exactly what the bible says 5-6 thousand years ago and it didn't have the gadgets we have today..

Infact it wasn't a bang. It was actually a "big spread" as said by physicist Micho kaku.

Bladers
09-08-2011, 04:24 PM

LOL @ this idiot. It doesn't say stretched.

It says stretcheth , meaning its still happening today.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
lmao holy shit if you really think that's god's way of saying the universe is expanding :roll:

lol it is blatant and right in front of you, you just are choosing to ignore it because you have a preconceived notion in your mind that the old testament is a work of fiction probably because of Bill Maher's influence on your easily influenced mind.

LJJ
09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
LOL @ this idiot. It doesn't say stretched.

It says stretcheth , meaning its still happening today.

It's says both in the quotes your lover posted, which is what I was going by.

Bladers
09-08-2011, 04:26 PM

When the theory was being proposed scientists initially rejected it because it was in the bible.

You see how people make themselves into fools?

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 04:28 PM
That's ambiguous then, not a definitive statement that the universe is continuously expanding.
If you really want to understand all of this correctly you have to study ancient Hebrew, become fluent and then study and meditate on kabballah for years, the secrets of the start universe don't come easy and it isn't just some line in a text book you can read in a few minutes and then fully comprehend, I haven't studied kabballah and hardly understand basic Hebrew I just know the basics of the start of the universe but it is all there-yes from a six thousand year old tradition if you really cared enough to learn and study it and put the time in.

LJJ
09-08-2011, 04:32 PM
If you really want to understand all of this correctly you have to study ancient Hebrew, become fluent and then study and meditate on kabballah for years, the secrets of the start universe don't come easy and it isn't just some line in a text book you can read in a few minutes and then fully comprehend, I haven't studied kabballah and hardly understand basic Hebrew I just know the basics of the start of the universe but it is all there-yes from a six thousand year old tradition if you really cared enough to learn and study it and put the time in.

Ah I see. And I'm sure Bladers hasn't either. So what you are saying is, that you don't at all know what you are talking about?

Alrighty then, moving on now.

DeuceWallaces
09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
That's funny because the Big Bang is often touted as fact.

Big Bang is touted as a theory based on thousands of scientific experiments that lead to the development of said theory.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Ah I see. And I'm sure Bladers hasn't either. So what you are saying is, that you don't at all know what you are talking about?

Alrighty then, moving on now.
I don't fully understand and comprehend everything but I know the very very basics, kind of like knowing the summary of Finnegan's Wake but you won't fully understand it unless you study it for 10 years.

All I'm saying is that all of this knowledge is already there and has been out there for thousands of years, scientists just ignore it and every big discovery they are coming up with about the universe has already been talked about and known for thousands of years.

Quizno
09-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't fully understand and comprehend everything but I know the very very basics, kind of like knowing the summary of Finnegan's Wake but you won't fully understand it unless you study it for 10 years.

All I'm saying is that all of this knowledge is already there and has been out there for thousands of years, scientists just ignore it and every big discovery they are coming up with about the universe has already been talked about and known for thousands of years.
okay, i'm going to play your game and just agree with you. every single thing about the universe has already been discovered and is inside of a book written six thousand years ago. that's absolutely ridiculous and it's kind of sad that you actually believe that, but i'm just going to go ahead and give it to you.

that still doesn't actually prove anything. even if it all of it does happen to be true, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever in the bible of any of this. no empirical evidence to validate whatever it is it's saying. you just have to say to yourself "it's true because god said it" and just accept that. i guess that's satisfactory for some people but that's unbelievably stupid.

what's wrong with going out and trying to find evidence? why can't you just think of it like that? scientists are looking for evidence to back up their own claims about the creation of the universe, and if the evidence they find doesn't back up their theories then they'll change their theories. that's the beauty of it, we're always learning and finding evidence to back up our beliefs rather than just regurgitating information from a book written six thousand years ago.

and you call people who believe in empirical evidence sheep :oldlol:

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 04:57 PM
okay, i'm going to play your game and just agree with you. every single thing about the universe has already been discovered and is inside of a book written six thousand years ago. that's absolutely ridiculous and it's kind of sad that you actually believe that, but i'm just going to go ahead and give it to you.

that still doesn't actually prove anything. even if it all of it does happen to be true, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever in the bible of any of this. no empirical evidence to validate whatever it is it's saying. you just have to say to yourself "it's true because god said it" and just accept that. i guess that's satisfactory for some people but that's unbelievably stupid.

what's wrong with going out and trying to find evidence? why can't you just think of it like that? scientists are looking for evidence to back up their own claims about the creation of the universe, and if the evidence they find doesn't back up their theories then they'll change their theories. that's the beauty of it, we're always learning and finding evidence to back up our beliefs rather than just regurgitating information from a book written six thousand years ago.

and you call people who believe in empirical evidence sheep :oldlol:
You don't have to believe it if you don't want to but the answers are there in the zohar and talmud, the same answers scientists are still trying to find and never will. And every major discovery they are making has already been talked about for thousands of years.

This stuff has been known about for a long long time, all scientists are doing is turning it into an equation and breaking it down into elements. Maybe slowly but surely they will eventually get it right, but even if they eventually do it is just saying the exact same thing that has been said in Jewish mysticism for thousands of years they are just looking at it in a different way.

And they are never going to find an equation to explain the big bang or find a way to explain how all of that energy existed in such a tiny point, or what existed before the universe, if you want those answers I told you where to look.

Spirituality is a part of every human's brain. We have evolved this way for thousands of years maintaining our spirituality instinct. If you actually believe in natural selection than you will know our brains are wired this way for a reason. Those who choose to completely ignore it and shut it off like you and Boozehound and DeucesWallace are the true idiots here.

Riddler
09-08-2011, 05:01 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2emhb2r.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DeuceWallaces
09-08-2011, 05:11 PM
You don't have to believe it if you don't want to but the answers are there in the zohar and talmud, the same answers scientists are still trying to find and never will. And every major discovery they are making has already been talked about for thousands of years.

This stuff has been known about for a long long time, all scientists are doing is turning it into an equation and breaking it down into elements. Maybe slowly but surely they will eventually get it right, but even if they eventually do it is just saying the exact same thing that has been said in Jewish mysticism for thousands of years they are just looking at it in a different way.

And they are never going to find an equation to explain the big bang or find a way to explain how all of that energy existed in such a tiny point, or what existed before the universe, if you want those answers I told you where to look.

Spirituality is a part of every human's brain. We have evolved this way for thousands of years maintaining our spirituality instinct. If you actually believe in natural selection than you will know our brains are wired this way for a reason. Those who choose to completely ignore it and shut it off like you and Boozehound and DeucesWallace are the true idiots here.

The classic, "it's too hard and complicated to understand so there must be a god" defense. The ultimate stance of the ignorant.

Nick Young
09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
The classic, "it's too hard and complicated to understand so there must be a god" defense. The ultimate stance of the ignorant.
Lol, I'm not being defensive sport, I'm just dropping knowledge on the foolish.

True gnorance is shutting down an entire section of your brain and fighting against your basic instincts as a man. It is also called foolishness. Congratulations.

What if for example you decided to fight against your instincts to drink water all of a sudden? You are doing the same thing. It's not natural OR intelligent to consciously shut down and fight again an entire portion of your mind.

The reason atheists are so defensive and always putting down those who are content in their faith is because of their inherent insecurity.

You probably haven't read Freud but I just dropped some more knowledge on your ignorant mind. Open it up abit stop fighting against your fundamental instincts and maybe people like you and boozehound wouldn't be so bitter and depressed.

Bladers
09-08-2011, 05:50 PM
It's says both in the quotes your lover posted, which is what I was going by.

Each verse have a context of their own, read them in context and you will easily understand it.

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 05:54 PM

LOL @ you for thinking about it in this way... as a technical dictionary meaning, literally.

Can't tell if you're cereal or not.

Bladers
09-08-2011, 05:56 PM
OMG, that was precisely and unequivocally referencing the big bang theory! Genious. You know, that's what I love about writing poethically and in vague terms. It can explain whatever you want. Ask Nostradamus. Genious.

LOL what an idiot.

The scientific theory is called "The expanding Universe"

How do you expand something? By stretching it out!

The bible says God Stretched out the universe like a curtain to dwell in.
Thats exactly what scientists say. Watch that documentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIoKrL_8pt8#t=08s) about the big bang and maybe you might actually learn something from the same scientists you say you put your faith in. :facepalm

Legend of Josh
09-08-2011, 05:58 PM

All the rolling emoitcons and lulz doesn't change how those quoted scriptures when thought about in a humble and not such a technical manner, actually makes a hell of a lot of sense and demonstrates the divinity of God's Word.

No, instead we'll just keep trying to ignore such b/c giving the Bible any validity goes against everything you want not to believe go badly.

:facepalm

Bladers
09-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Wow what an idiot.

Before the "expanding theory"

Scientists believed the universe ALWAYS existed and was prominent that there was no STRETCHING, that in no shape or form did it expand.

its called the "Steady state" theory.

You need to read up on the science you that you have blind faith in cause its obvious you know jack shit about it..

Quizno
09-08-2011, 06:02 PM
All the rolling emoitcons and lulz doesn't change how those quoted scriptures when thought about in a humble and not such a technical manner, actually makes a hell of a lot of sense and demonstrates the divinity of God's Word.

No, instead we'll just keep trying to ignore such b/c giving the Bible any validity goes against everything you want not to believe go badly.

:facepalm
i'm using a rolling emoticon in response to the dudes unable to distinguish scientific theory from metaphorical literature :facepalm

Bladers
09-08-2011, 06:05 PM
i'm using a rolling emoticon in response to the dudes unable to distinguish scientific theory from metaphorical literature :facepalm

This is it, this is it right here.
The portrait of an atheist.

Lebowsky
09-08-2011, 06:06 PM
LOL what an idiot.

The scientific theory is called "The expanding Universe"

How do you expand something? By stretching it out!

The bible says God Stretched out the universe like a curtain to dwell in.
Thats exactly what scientists say. Watch that documentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIoKrL_8pt8#t=08s) about the big bang and maybe you might actually learn something from the same scientists you say you put your faith in. :facepalm

I'm sorry, but I'm not wasting my time arguing with the biggest moron on this entire board. At least Bruinlove is somewhat smart, but you're a lost case

Bladers
09-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not wasting my time arguing with the biggest moron on this entire board. At least Bruinlove is somewhat smart, but you're a lost case

When all else fails. Insult your opposition and dip.

Doesn't change the fact that the Bible said God created the universe and stretched it out (which means to expand) like a curtain to dwell in.

God said in the bible. That the stars of the universe are like the sands of the seas.

Isn't that amazing? That's 6,000 years ago people.

Wanna see how big the unviverse is? Watch this little video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCI8K9mD_yU).

There are 125 billion galaxies and in each of them are estimated 200 billion stars. Its amazing how accurate the bible is.

Quizno
09-08-2011, 06:21 PM

Doesn't change the fact that the Bible said God created the universe and stretched it out (which means to expand) like a curtain to dwell in.

God said in the bible. That the stars of the universe are like the sands of the seas.

Isn't that amazing? That's 6,000 years ago people.

Wanna see how big the unviverse is? Watch this little video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCI8K9mD_yU).

There are 125 billion galaxies and in each of them are estimated 200 billion stars. Its amazing how accurate the bible is.
yeah it is amazing. stars like sands of the seas is the same as 200 billion, good on the bible for putting up such a precise number for us to marvel at. it really has all the answers :bowdown:

Bladers
09-08-2011, 06:28 PM
yeah it is amazing. stars like sands of the seas is the same as 200 billion, good on the bible for putting up such a precise number for us to marvel at. it really has all the answers :bowdown:

Context, Context, Context.

Why do atheist lack it, also reason and intelligence?
Its like when it comes to God or science it gets shut off.

He was showing abraham that the amount of stars are innumerable just like the sands of the sea.

If you watched that video you would see that what we see is not even close to all that exists, there are a whole lot more. That's just all that we can see right now. Further than that our technology can't capture.

But still What is 200 billion times 200 billion?

Anyway, Its estimated that there are seven quintillion, five hundred quadrillion sand.
But the exact number is not even know.

airchibundo507
09-08-2011, 07:50 PM

lmao :oldlol:

Hittin_Shots
09-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Maybe a really before the time scientist worked out all these things and wrote the bible on a power-trip calling himself god and explaining mysteries in slightly riddled ways. Can that be disproven?

Bladers
09-08-2011, 10:08 PM

Acouple of years ago, we got our first image of the earth from space and people marveled that the earth was hung on nothing. But the bible said that thousands of years ago.

It takes a long while for science to catch up with the bible. :oldlol:

What good then is it to put your faith in it? :confusedshrug:

Bladers
09-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Science discovered about a hundred years ago that children were dying at too big of a rate and there must be something wrong. Do you know why? They were circumcising little boys on the 7th day after they were born, or on the 9th day.

But the bible says you should circumcise them on the 8th day because that is the only day in the history of a male child when his blood will coagulates at a certain point, and that's the only safe and healthy day.

and Science had suddenly discovered that, and Moses knew that when he was in the back side of the desert and he didn't have a stethoscope. And he couldn't get Aaron to bring the X-ray machine up through the dust...

Boy it takes Science a long while to catch up with the Bible. They'll catch up sooner or later. :oldlol:

Bladers
09-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Physicist Michio kaku said the Bible was a scientific FACT!

Now this is a main stream scientist saying that, a physicist for that matter.

Bladers
09-08-2011, 10:21 PM
You may ask, what's the difference between the Bible and other books by other religion. Surely you can find scientific facts in them too right?

Well, When you examine the writings of the Hindu, Buddhist or Greek pagan worships, for example, you will find clear reference to the concept of the earth being held up by a man, elephant, catfish, or some other physical support.

The fact is, all other religion have it wrong including scientists. The bible is the only book that has never been wrong. EVER. :applause:

Keith
09-08-2011, 11:21 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/v_happylurker21/GIF%20and%20Macros/s473pljpg.gif

Is He Ill
09-08-2011, 11:43 PM
You may ask, what's the difference between the Bible and other books by other religion. Surely you can find scientific facts in them too right?

Well, When you examine the writings of the Hindu, Buddhist or Greek pagan worships, for example, you will find clear reference to the concept of the earth being held up by a man, elephant, catfish, or some other physical support.

The fact is, all other religion have it wrong including scientists. The bible is the only book that has never been wrong. EVER. :applause:

:roll:

Scoooter
09-08-2011, 11:56 PM
It's turtles all the way down.

Positive
09-09-2011, 12:02 AM

:oldlol: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Adam lived to be 930, right?

All people from earth were created from 2 people... Incest definitely isn't acceptable, is it?

Noah fit all the animals(lets not even mention how he managed to go everywhere in the world first) in the world on one gigantic ****ing boat and saved them all from a worldwide flood, right?

MJ(Mean John)
09-09-2011, 05:07 AM
YO LOJ

Damn my boy. Is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vda98lY8hmg

I read your post.

watch this video

/

Jackass18
09-09-2011, 06:25 AM
I actually read it. Long story short, he joined a cult.

Jackass18
09-09-2011, 06:26 AM
I agree with this. Throughout human history there have been gods and religions so it's obviously part of our nature. But maybe the reason we evolved this way was as we became more intelligent and became aware of our mortality this developed as a way to cope with it?

People wanted to feel that there was a greater purpose to life and that death was not necessarily the end. Plus, it's a handy way to explain something that you have no idea how to explain. Comfort is a wonderful thing...

Jackass18
09-09-2011, 06:32 AM

Conveniently, this doesn't apply to you when you insult someone, amirite?

lilojmayo
09-09-2011, 07:21 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc185/Strikeninja95/DidntRead.gif

lol at this gif