PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 was 10 years ago. Where were you when it happened?

booonkers
09-10-2011, 08:54 AM
It's one of those where were you events, I remember I was channel surfing before going to sleep (I'm not American and I live in Asia) and then I saw in CNN, one of the twin towers engulfed with smoke and reporters saying it seemed like a plane crashed into it. Everyone thought it was an accident, maybe the pilot suffered a stroke or something, til a few minutes later, live on tv, a second plane crashes into the second tower. I remember being so surprised but not really realizing the gravity of the situation. My mom called up some of our relatives to tell them what just happened. Next day in school, everyone was talking about it, I had a classmate whose aunt worked there, her mom was crying when she saw the news, but was able to contact her aunt who left the building cos she forgot her ID. It took me a while to realize how that event changed not just the U.S. but the rest of the world as well. It's just some really heavy stuff.

It breaks my heart listening to 911 calls from people who were stuck in the building with no way out.

miller-time
09-10-2011, 09:00 AM
i was just watching the news at night around 10 and it came up, it was just a sydney news station, and they had no idea what had happened. they were just reporting that something had hit the trade center. the rest of my family were asleep, so i just wrote a note and left it in the kitchen so someone could read it in the morning. i had no idea of the gravity of the situation either.

i was 17 at the time and i wasn't very worldly. i only new the twin towers from the simpsons, and i'm not sure i had even heard of islam before. how things change hey.

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey guys I wasn't even in Iceland dudes. I was coming home from school in England.

Kobe Jnr
09-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Where Abouts in Sydney you from?

I thought it happened in the morning, I woke up and went to watch cheese tv, and it wasn't on.. wasnt happy.

I thought it was a movie when I saw he plan go into the building..

miller-time
09-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Where Abouts in Sydney you from?

I thought it happened in the morning, I woke up and went to watch cheese tv, and it wasn't on.. wasnt happy.

I thought it was a movie when I saw he plan go into the building..

i'm from newcastle. but the late night news i was watching was the one with sandra sully.

it happened at 8:46am in new york, which was 10:46pm on the east coast of australia.

booonkers
09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
I kinda felt stupid after for not realizing how many people died and how it was such a traumatic experience for everyone who was there. It felt like it was just a movie or nightmare that wasn't real. It must've felt like it was the end of the world for New Yorkers, some people really thought that bombs were gonna start exploding everywhere.

miller-time
09-10-2011, 09:16 AM
i found a bit of the report i was watching. http://youtu.be/9DIvbAbJIAQ?t=2m36s

Jailblazers7
09-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I was at lunch and I was in 5th grade. Evveryone started getting picked up by their parents and there was a lot of fear and confusion going on because the teachers werent allowing us to watch the news. The crazy thing is that I wasn't living in Pittsburgh at the time and the plane that crashed in PA actually flew directly over my middle school.

bballer
09-10-2011, 09:25 AM
art class.

4th grade.

I remember everyone freaking the **** out and my friend got to go home cause he was on the top of WTC the day before.

booonkers
09-10-2011, 09:25 AM
i found a bit of the report i was watching. http://youtu.be/9DIvbAbJIAQ?t=2m36s
it's odd how different ten years was from right now. you don't really notice the change but when you look back, it's hella different.

booonkers
09-10-2011, 09:26 AM
art class.

4th grade.

I remember everyone freaking the **** out and my friend got to go home cause he was on the top of WTC the day before.
oh wow. that must've changed him completely.
you guys are young. was a senior in high school when this happened.

booonkers
09-10-2011, 09:27 AM
I was at lunch and I was in 5th grade. Evveryone started getting picked up by their parents and there was a lot of fear and confusion going on because the teachers werent allowing us to watch the news. The crazy thing is that I wasn't living in Pittsburgh at the time and the plane that crashed in PA actually flew directly over my middle school.

that's pretty scary when you think about it.

booonkers
09-10-2011, 09:29 AM
did people think the buildings were gonna collapse? or did everyone just kinda assume that the fires would be put out and people from above the impact were gonna be saved?

miller-time
09-10-2011, 09:32 AM
it's odd how different ten years was from right now. you don't really notice the change but when you look back, it's hella different.

i don't know, sometimes i think the change is very superficial. shit is still the same.

pete's montreux
09-10-2011, 09:38 AM
The schools in and around Everett, MA, my hometown and where I was in school at the time were immediately evacuated because It's a high value target for terrorists. It's actually still considered the #1 target for terrorists in the entire country. Everett is the location of Suez Energy's North American LNG terminal. You blow that up, Massachusetts doesn't exist anymore. The plant was shut down for about six weeks and no LNG tankers were allowed in Boston Harbor for about the same time.

It kind of sucks living near something like that. I lived near LNG terminals, and now, one of the oldest nuclear power plants in the country. :facepalm

pete's montreux
09-10-2011, 09:45 AM
I didn't even answer the OP. I was a freshman in high school at the time. I got a bathroom pass from my history teacher and like always, decided to cut through the library to see what shenanigans the old battle-axes were up to that day. It was weird because they were always so boisterous and loud, laughing and hamming it up like old friends, but I couldn't hear a peep out of them when I walked in. They were huddled in an old office in front of a TV watching the news. I watched for a few minutes. A lady who I had never seen before was in the back corner of the library crying on her cell-phone. I later found out her son worked at one of the WTC buildings, but he survived.

Anyways, I went back to class and as I walked in I said, "a plane just crashed into a big building in NYC, It's all over the news". My teacher stopped for a split second, looked at me like the little insignificant asshole I was and went right back into his lecture.

15 minutes later the VP came in and told everyone to go home. I don't think anyone believed me when I said that because I was kind of a jokester and I never took anything seriously. Who's joking now motherf*ckers?

booonkers
09-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I didn't even answer the OP. I was a freshman in high school at the time. I got a bathroom pass from my history teacher and like always, decided to cut through the library to see what shenanigans the old battle-axes were up to that day. It was weird because they were always so boisterous and loud, laughing and hamming it up like old friends, but I couldn't hear a peep out of them when I walked in. They were huddled in an old office in front of a TV watching the news. I watched for a few minutes. A lady who I had never seen before was in the back corner of the library crying on her cell-phone. I later found out her son worked at one of the WTC buildings, but he survived.

Anyways, I went back to class and as I walked in I said, "a plane just crashed into a big building in NYC, It's all over the news". My teacher stopped for a split second, looked at me like the little insignificant asshole I was and went right back into his lecture.

15 minutes later the VP came in and told everyone to go home. I don't think anyone believed me when I said that because I was kind of a jokester and I never took anything seriously. Who's joking now motherf*ckers?
your teacher must've felt like crap after. it's a touch like the boy who cried wolf.

ElPigto
09-10-2011, 11:11 AM
I was in 8th grade and history class was going on when our VP ran into the classroom letting everyone know that we were under attack. We had a tv there, so tuned in and watched. I really didn't realize the magnitude of the situation, but looking back it was definitely an eerie time in America.

I remember a lot of the kids in school were being picked up. I called my uncle (RIP) to come and get me and he told me that I would be alright and not to worry. His lazy ass didn't want to pick me up :lol :lol .

tomtucker
09-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I was in 8th grade and history class was going on when our VP ran into the classroom letting everyone know that we were under attack. We had a tv there, so tuned in and watched. I really didn't realize the magnitude of the situation, but looking back it was definitely an eerie time in America.

I remember a lot of the kids in school were being picked up. I called my uncle (RIP) to come and get me and he told me that I would be alright and not to worry. His lazy ass didn't want to pick me up :lol :lol .

:lol ...........anyway, i remenber where i was, me and my mom was over visiting my grandma......and my mom had walked to a nearby pizzaria to get a lasagna for me.....in the meantime i turned on the TV and the attack was on the news.......i got really upset.....and i lost all appetite, the food was not eaten when my mom came back, ....i clearly remember my grandma was angry when the cold food was thrown in the garbage

takeittothehoop
09-10-2011, 11:24 AM
I woke up and saw it on TV but it was many hours after it had happened. Didn't really understand the magnitude of it at the time because I was pretty young.

mlh1981
09-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I was a year out of high school and got a job that day working at a grocery store. They popped in a training video and I was like "**** this, I wanna know what's going on."

asdf1990
09-10-2011, 11:43 AM
fifth or sixth grade classroom, queens, ny.

Bano114
09-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I was in 2nd grade on Long Island. There was a church near my elementary school and no one seemed to know what was going on. My teacher was teaching and another teacher came in and said something to her and next thing I know our class is out in the hallway crouched on our hands and knees close to the walls just waiting. I remember my teacher asking what happened to another and the other teacher said I think a priest was shot at the Church. So anyway after about 15 minutes we get up and go back to class until the teachers found out what happened then I think everyone went to the gym and waited to get picked up early...

GOBB
09-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I remember on 9/11/2010 I answered this thread as well as on 9/11/2009

VishaltotheG
Tuesday morning (I remember because my mom worked on Tuesdays at the time) I was at home getting ready to go to school and my dad had the TV on to CNN. We had no idea what was going on until later in the day, we didn't think a terrorist did it, we simply thought something in the building went wrong.

And my family was actually at the WTC 3 months before this happened so we were pretty much one of the last people to see it.

Rose
I was in 5th grade. In my first class, with a substitute teacher because the main teachers were having a meeting(already scheduled not caused by 9/11). And then when we were going to rotate classes, then my regular teacher came running through the halls shouting get back in your classrooms we're on lockdown.

nightprowler10
09-10-2011, 12:06 PM
In chemistry class in college.

RidonKs
09-10-2011, 12:09 PM
i was running around trying to find something awesome to do because i knew i'd be remembering that moment annually for years to come. i think i wound up getting high.

The_Yearning
09-10-2011, 12:11 PM
I can't believe people are still talking about 911 man

Rake2204
09-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I was in 12th grade, in the state of Michigan. My Discussion & Debate class was just about over. It sounds ridiculous, but there was this cute girl sitting in front of me who I knew quite well. I was just goofing around and touching her back, and I jokingly told her I thought her spine was crooked and suspected she might have scoliosis.

Just then, an announcement came on the overhead from our principal, who stated a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. Immediately, I was confused as to why this was news because I was just picturing a one person biplane. I felt bad that one person had probably died but again, I couldn't understand what made that newsworthy. Our principal then continued on, stating another plane had struck and it was now clear we were under attack. And that confused and terrified me.

Our teacher turned on the TV for us all to see the damage, then our class ended just a few minutes later. My next two classes were Journalism and Independent Study Journalism, so my classmates and I spent the next two to three hours just watching it unfold on television. I still remember when the first tower fell, a classmate somehow chuckled, in a "Dude!" type of way. I never looked at him the same.

As more reports came out, of how there were planes crashing everywhere, I became more and more unglued. I thought the Pentagon was one of the most protected places in the world. I thought there was no chance it could be attacked. And if the Pentagon wasn't safe, then I thought none of us were (even in Michigan). There were even early reports I misunderstood regarding a plane possible crashing into a mall (they were referring to the National Mall, not a shopping center - but I didn't know that).

Eventually I left the main Journalism room to sit by myself in the area next door. My teacher came in and sat with me, both of us speechless. We both knew what each other was feeling, and we both weren't handling it well, and we both understood that. He was a great guy. On top of everything else, many of my classmates were exclaiming that we were at war and the draft was no doubt coming back after something like this. And me, being a high school senior on the verge of my 18th birthday, also panicked about that. Even as just a regular guy in a small city in Michigan, 9/11 really messed me up.

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 12:21 PM
We're not talking about 911 dude. That's a phone number. We're talking about 9/11. Always wondered though, why is it 9/11 not 11/9 (it did happen in september not november).

Bladers
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I was in elementary school and we were gathered in the assemble hall watching.
I got home about @ 3 that day but never understood the gravity of the situation.

808s&kobesteaks
09-10-2011, 12:37 PM
6th grade history class, me and this kid chris brooks were laughing at the people jumping out of the towers...mainly because I was a dallas cowboys fan, and thats what all those new york giants fans deserved.

chris brooks blew his brains out a few years ago:oldlol:

i felt bad though after mommy and daddy explained to me what was really going on

Styles p
09-10-2011, 12:48 PM
3 day of 8th grade civics class.

Loneshot
09-10-2011, 01:12 PM
9th grade, but i was just waking up and didn't go to school. Didn't really know what it was when i saw it on the news, and frankly i didn't care. "Just a motha****in kid"

It wasn't until years later that i felt sad about the event.

bada bing
09-10-2011, 01:18 PM
week 1 on undergrad. i remember walking into the student center and seeing a lot of people standing around to watch the tv. went through everyone and saw what happened on tv.

DropStep
09-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I was 9 years old in elementary, for some reason I immediately thought muslim when i heard terrorist attack. Muslims got a terrible rep lol.

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I was 9 years old in elementary, for some reason I immediately thought muslim when i heard terrorist attack. Muslims got a terrible rep lol.

Not too bad though. I admit though I do think about them in the same breeze as Midwest Christian nutjobs.

On topic. I hadn't told you what I was doing when 9/11 happened. I don't know what I was doing but at least when I came home from school (in Brighton) I turned on the TV to watch some Pok

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I was in 4th grade and I was asking my teacher what the f*ck the twin towers were. That's pretty much it. I don't remember if we got to go home early or not.

You remember where Ari was?

andgar923
09-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Are we gonna talk about this every ****in year?

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I was in elementary school and we were gathered in the assemble hall watching.
I got home about @ 3 that day but never understood the gravity of the situation.

You know it was God dude!!

808s&kobesteaks
09-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Are we gonna talk about this every ****in year?

I think its more of a look back at the glory days, back when terrorist attacks and people dying meant something, now here we are, most going to or about to start college, getting jobs, looking for a career...things just seem less significant, let us look back at this decade that flew by, and enjoy the last years of our childhood.

Clippersfan86
09-10-2011, 01:38 PM
I had just shown up at my 9th grade class and it happened pretty much just as I got there (around 8 Am Pacific I think). I was at a school that actually had one of those big 60 inch box tv's so all of us kids and teachers huddled around the TV for like 3 hours and watched the news. Then we all got to go home early.

808s&kobesteaks
09-10-2011, 01:41 PM
In Florida

a REAL fan would know the city,her street address, and school she attended at the time. Poser as*hole.

Draz
09-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I was possibly in 4th or 5th grade. I remember it being announced, on the loud speakers while we were all in class learning a lesson. My memory wasn't as vivid, to understand what everyone around me thought of what had happened.

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 01:53 PM
In Florida

You have to be more specific. What class she was in? How she reacted? Did she punch someone? Was her teacher stupid? Did she OD? Has she recovered? Did she have red hair back then? e.t.c. If you can answer those questions then you know the answer.

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Wasn't anyone here in the school George Bush was at?

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I know all of that but I'm not gonna put her business out there like that for some creeps to save

You seriously know that? I know where Bjork's house is but that's just because everyone knows it is hers and it is like 300m away from my house.

808s&kobesteaks
09-10-2011, 02:02 PM
I know all of that but I'm not gonna put her business out there like that for some creeps to save

:oldlol:

You seriously know that? I know where Bjork's house is but that's just because everyone knows it is hers and it is like 300m away from my house.

Have you seen Bjorks stalkers suicide video, hes sitting around naked listening to her songs, then at the end of the song he screams something like "FOR YOUUUUUUU!" and shoots himself in the head, straight cash homie.
(now thats a REAL fan, Mr.I'm So Rad)

DeuceWallaces
09-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Lol at all you guys who were at recess and getting bathroom passes.

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 02:08 PM
You should visit her

Haha no why. I've seen her drive that's enough. I don't like her music anyway.

Draz
09-10-2011, 03:08 PM
The kids that were in the class George Bush was in at the time, said he actually acted good. He did what he did the right way not trying to alert the kids. But I honestly don't care, your the President. Your country just got attacked, thousands of people died in a blink, more on the way. Possibly more attacks to be coming, and your keeping calm no hesitations? Just not to alert little kids? I'm sure there's no explanation to it.

Rake2204
09-10-2011, 03:32 PM
The kids that were in the class George Bush was in at the time, said he actually acted good. He did what he did the right way not trying to alert the kids. But I honestly don't care, your the President. Your country just got attacked, thousands of people died in a blink, more on the way. Possibly more attacks to be coming, and your keeping calm no hesitations? Just not to alert little kids? I'm sure there's no explanation to it.
I've faulted George Bush for a lot of things, but that wasn't one of them. His mind was probably going 389420934i2098 miles an hour. It's always been fascinating to look at his eyes during that moment in the classroom, as he's trying to comprehend what was happening.

Bladers
09-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I've faulted George Bush for a lot of things, but that wasn't one of them. His mind was probably going 389420934i2098 miles an hour. It's always been fascinating to look at his eyes during that moment in the classroom, as he's trying to comprehend what was happening.

This... The book that they were supposed to be reading from. He had his upside down. :oldlol:

NauruDude
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM

I found some article about them and tried to find them at facebook. Seems like they vanished from earth or something. They at least didn't get the memo that facebook is useful and popular.

PowerGlove
09-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Bro....we were watching a movie in geography class, I go to the bathroom and come back and they were watching CNN. I thought this was the flyest movie I had ever seen, I was thinking these special effects were ridiculous. Then I realized this shit was real.

Then I looked around and n*ggas were panicking. They acted like we were next or some shit, I was shocked more so because of their behavior. The attack was crazy but how it changed people and immigration policies was the most attention grabbing for me. My mother and father had to renew their work visas later that month and what usually takes like three hours max, took like 4 days. they shut down the border had a huge back up of traffic on both sides, it was hell and then they interrogated everyone like we were up in Guantanamo. That's when it really sunk in.

SoCalMike
09-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I was watchin CNN after the first plane hit and folks were trying to figure out what happened with the first tower and then as I am watching the second plane hits and I am completely shocked.. WTF did this just really happen? It was surreal!

RIP to all involved!

:pimp:

pete's montreux
09-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Lol at all you guys who were at recess and getting bathroom passes.

So ah, what if he ask where you were when Columbine or the Oklahoma city bombings happened?

SmackOrH.A.K
09-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I was sleeping. I woke up and and saw it on the news with my parents. I remember I was so scared of walking to and from school those days.

I also remember there was a big deal about a NYG football game too. Anybody remember the details of that?

Aidan
09-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Was in class, was 12 years old. My teacher, who was also the principal, got a phonecall, and he turned on the tv straight away. We seen the second plane hit, it was crazy. My teacher basically spent the whole day on the phone, we later found out that his cousin was in the towers and died when the north tower collapsed. The whole day is still completely fresh in my memory.

Abd El-Krim
09-10-2011, 06:30 PM
18 and working construction that day. We didn't get much more than second hand reports of what was happening during the day. The only thing I clearly remember about it is smoking on the roof of the site and looking at all the dumbasses who were lined up to get gas. The guy I was working with saw the line and decided he'd better go get gas too. I'm still not sure about the logic on that one.

booonkers
09-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I dunno, I kinda actually thought Bush looked pretty dumbfounded and had no idea what to do for a few seconds. That's pretty rare though, catching a president's reaction to something as big as that. Wonder how Obama would've reacted.

booonkers
09-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Was in class, was 12 years old. My teacher, who was also the principal, got a phonecall, and he turned on the tv straight away. We seen the second plane hit, it was crazy. My teacher basically spent the whole day on the phone, we later found out that his cousin was in the towers and died when the north tower collapsed. The whole day is still completely fresh in my memory.
I don't really know anyone who was really affected by the event. I wonder how these people moved on from such an event.

In Youtube, there's a 911 phone call from a guy named Kevin Cosgrove from inside the South Tower and the call went on til the building collapsed and he was heard screaming "Oh God, oh!" and the sound of the building starting to collapse before the call got disconnected. Before that he was saying he was a young guy with young kids and he wasn't ready to die. It gives me the chills but at the same time gave me an idea of what the people inside were exactly thinking during that time, RIP Mr. Kevin Cosgrove.

Meticode
09-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Well along with that I've watched the whole video from right before they tell him about the second plane hitting until he leaves the classroom. And after watching it he did the right thing. Abruptly leaving the room would've been the wrong thing to do and it would've panicked people and he the same people who criticized him for staying there for 7 minutes probably would've criticized him anyway saying something along the lines of, "He should've stayed and acted more calm, he totally freaked out and left he room."

Meticode
09-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I just had gotten done with my first bell of the day, which was Spanish I. I went to my second bell which was Art II and walked in with it on the TV. The tower was burning and I said, "Is this a movie or something?" with only watching it for 3-5 seconds. No more than 5-10 seconds after I asked that question the second plane hit the other tower.

Ironically, they made an announcement over the intercom system about what was going on after the second bell ended and we were in our classrooms. We didn't even talk about it the rest of the day. We went along with our daily classes and the students wanted to talk about it, but the teachers refused to.

Must've been that private Catholic school thing.

KingBeasley08
09-10-2011, 07:24 PM
2nd grade. my friends dad picked us up early from school without telling us what happened. we were so happy that we gotta leave school early and then recieved a major shock when we learned why

booonkers
09-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I just had gotten done with my first bell of the day, which was Spanish I. I went to my second bell which was Art II and walked in with it on the TV. The tower was burning and I said, "Is this a movie or something?" with only watching it for 3-5 seconds. No more than 5-10 seconds after I asked that question the second plane hit the other tower.

Ironically, they made an announcement over the intercom system about what was going on after the second bell ended and we were in our classrooms. We didn't even talk about it the rest of the day. We went along with our daily classes and the students wanted to talk about it, but the teachers refused to.

Must've been that private Catholic school thing.
That's pretty odd, you went on with your classes while all the other kids got to go home.

Meticode
09-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm preparing for the day if my daughter asks me about that day. I don't think I can tell her without tearing up. I think the biggest thing that gets to me are the people jumping from the towers. Rudy Guiliani said he thought it was debris, and he realized it wasn't and watched a person jump from the top, followed him all the way down for 10 seconds until he hit the ground. I cannot imagine watching that.

bigdog13
09-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I was waiting to go play in a golf tournament so I turned on the TV and it was on every channel. The golf course I played at is always has airplanes flying over it be ause it is lose to the Toronto airport. It was so weird not to see any airplanes in the air. As people went to the half way house they were getting updates on what was going on.

KingBeasley08
09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
We don't all have eternal youth like you 2W,you gorgeous motherf*cker
:lol

Meticode
09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
That's pretty odd, you went on with your classes while all the other kids got to go home.
Actually, there was very little kids that went home or got picked up. I think 10-20 kids were picked up and left school in total. Out of almost 1500.

clipps
09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
I was in 7th grade. None of us at my Middle School found out about it till we got home. Southern California School Systems = Fail.

Meticode
09-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I was in 7th grade. None of us at my Middle School found out about it till we got home. Southern California School Systems = Fail.
Damn. Shit went on the whole school day and nothing!? Damn.

ThaSwagg3r
09-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I was in the 3rd grade and I didn't know why we didn't have recess that day since it was a perfect sunny day outside. My parents picked me up after school and I had no idea why they weren't at work and why they left work early.

InspiredLebowski
09-10-2011, 07:32 PM
I was a senior in HS, was passing period in between 2nd and 3rd periods and a classmate came up to me and said "Travis, you seen the TV? We're getting attacked!" Took me a minute to register what he said then I remembered this kid was already in the military, really gung ho (in a truly respectful way), he's still a Marine. Not a kid that'd joke about that, his face was completely white, I remember his eyes being really wide. Along with the imagery of the actual towers I still see his face like it was yesterday.

Ran to my Economics class and we all just kind of sat there and watched in silence, no one knew what to do.

booonkers
09-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm preparing for the day if my daughter asks me about that day. I don't think I can tell her without tearing up. I think the biggest thing that gets to me are the people jumping from the towers. Rudy Guiliani said he thought it was debris, and he realized it wasn't and watched a person jump from the top, followed him all the way down for 10 seconds until he hit the ground. I cannot imagine watching that.
It's definitely gonna be hard to explain it to kids. Yeah, watching the people who were jumping from the towers was just heartbreaking. It's either you suffocate from all the smoke, get pummeled by the building or jump to your death. It was a tough "choose your own adventure" kinda decision making for the folks up there.

clipps
09-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Damn. Shit went on the whole school day and nothing!? Damn.

In the same city that wouldn't accept my Military CAC Card as a form of ID when I was ordering beer at a bar 9 years later.

Meticode
09-10-2011, 10:47 PM
In the same city that wouldn't accept my Military CAC Card as a form of ID when I was ordering beer at a bar 9 years later.
Damn, some people huh?

Sarcastic
09-10-2011, 10:58 PM
I was home in Manhattan. I woke up around 9 am, and it was on the news, and the first thing that came to my mind was 2 of my friends who worked there, and I was hoping they were ok. I tried calling/texting them but there was no reception that day. I remember going outside around noon-ish and I met up with a friend. There were lots of people just standing around in the street talking to each other. No one could believe what had just happened. I remember standing with my friend and talking to him, and seeing F-14 jets continuously fly over the skyline. I kept thinking this was the end of the world LMAO.

Both of my friends ended up getting out ok. One of them was in the second tower hit, and on a low floor so he got out early. He said the people around him had no idea of what was going on, and when the fire alarm starting going off, everyone thought it was just a joke. He said there were people laughing while walking down the stairs. But once they got out, they were all completely shocked. He saw some of the people jumping from floors that got hit.

808s&kobesteaks
09-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I was home in Manhattan. I woke up around 9 am, and it was on the news, and the first thing that came to my mind was 2 of my friends who worked there, and I was hoping they were ok. I tried calling/texting them but there was no reception that day. I remember going outside around noon-ish and I met up with a friend. There were lots of people just standing around in the street talking to each other. No one could believe what had just happened. I remember standing with my friend and talking to him, and seeing F-14 jets continuously fly over the skyline. I kept thinking this was the end of the world LMAO.

Both of my friends ended up getting out ok. One of them was in the second tower hit, and on a low floor so he got out early. He said the people around him had no idea of what was going on, and when the fire alarm starting going off, everyone thought it was just a joke. He said there were people laughing while walking down the stairs. But once they got out, they were all completely shocked. He saw some of the people jumping from floors that got hit.

were they alright?

Sarcastic
09-10-2011, 11:07 PM
were they alright?

No. Those people died. You never saw the videos of that?

I'm not putting those videos here. Google it.

Sarcastic
09-11-2011, 12:20 AM
NYC is on lock down right now. You can't get close to midtown and below without going through a check point.

Draz
09-11-2011, 12:22 AM
NYC is on lock down right now. You can't get close to midtown and below without going through a check point.

whats going on?

Sarcastic
09-11-2011, 12:55 AM
whats going on?

There's a terror alert and the president will be here tomorrow.

DeuceWallaces
09-11-2011, 01:24 AM
So ah, what if he ask where you were when Columbine or the Oklahoma city bombings happened?

You'd have to ask me about Read My Lips No New Taxes for recess and bathroom passes.

pete's montreux
09-11-2011, 08:24 AM
You'd have to ask me about Read My Lips No New Taxes for recess and bathroom passes.

:roll:

You're ancient

No Name
09-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Kindergarten

I had a sub and she told us some bad people crashed into towers

I remember I thought they were so stupid because they didn't jump out of the plane lol

Thorpesaurous
09-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I had just finished college prior to that summer, and spent the summer goofing off and generally being a 23 year old. My buddies and I were already discussing the possibilties of going to live in Europe for a spell (we would be gone within a year, and were still getting the be safe abroad message, all our parents very worried about us in ways they wouldn't even had considered on September 10th). I wasn't working in any real way, still dicking around at my buddy's family's liquor store a few days of week. I was still getting up early though, and working out regularly. I was running a couple miles a day, and that morning had gotten up early to run.
I make my way back home, and head in my house, and my father tells me that a plane just hit the WTC. I was sweaty and out of breath, and hunched over to watch the TV. It was Regis he had on, and they were showing live footage of the smoking hole, and there was absolutely no information of value, they still had no footage of that first impact. They were still claiming it may have been a Sesta, I remember my father saying that that hole looked too damn big to be a Sesta, and I, as I often do, sort of snapped at him, asking him how the hell he knew how big a hole a Sesta would put in the side of that building (my father is an incredibly smart man, but very cautious and thoughtfull, and argueing with him curtly is just part of our relationship). I started heading into the shower, and all of a sudden he starts yelling that another one just hit. I come scurrying out, and watch the second impact, and even then nothing was clear, I remember insisting that it must be footage of the first impact. But that clearly wasn't the case after a few live shots.
I had a very close friend living on the East side at the time, but working down not far from there. His brother called me shortly thereafter to ask if I had heard from him. Of course, phones were out everywhere, and the first word anyone got from him was an email I got. His stories from down there are insane. Seeing people getting hit by vehicles as they sped away from the buildings trying to squeeze by rescue vehicles speeding toward it. He said he could feel the pull on his building as the planes went by. Him being told to stay in his building, not wanting to, and looking down from his windows to see a bus going up on the sidewalk to get out of downtown.

I also distinctly remember that week of haze after that morning. Just non stop round the clock news coverage, not getting much in the way of sleep, because every time I started to get tired some news outlet would come up with some other tidbit of questionable information, some new theory. It was crazy. And that weekend, my buddy's little brother was playing a freshman football game. I met up with him and his father and strolled down the big hill at our old HS, the three of us all talking about that morning, where we were, the week we had, all of us having a similar experience, turning into info zombies, just consuming everything thrown at us, but not really being able to digest it. And then standing at the top of the bleachers with the entire stands kind of just drifting in and out of conversation. Not really paying attention to the game. Not knowing enough to really talk about what was going on, but more just reflecting on their own experiences, how things affected them.

Just an incredibly strange phenomanon.

Patrick Chewing
09-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I was 20 and not working at the time so I was staying up late just watching TV, and that day happened to have been of those days where I just stayed awake all night and I was about to fall asleep as the first plane hit. I saw the urgent news reports and just had to stay awake to see what the hell could have possibly happened, and then a few minutes later the second plane hit and I knew right away this would be a monumental day in American history, and I found myself wide awake. Stayed glued to the TV the whole day just watching the events unfold. Truly amazing day in my life and a sad one indeed. I still can't watch these 9/11 specials without shedding a tear or two.

GatorKid117
09-11-2011, 12:43 PM
7th grade Science class, Mrs. Franze. Just remember my teacher turning on the TV and us watching it all unfold. It was a hectic day.

insidehoops
09-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I in my 20's, living in Brooklyn at the time, running InsideHoops part-time and working full-time at a financial firm. I worked for one of the companies that had offices in one of the WTC tower buildings. I worked in midtown, though, where most of the company's employees worked.

Took the train to work in the morning as usual. Had a window seat in the train (some NYC subways have seats that all face into the train, others did/do not) and saw a BURNING FIRE HOLE in one of the world trade center buildings. And said aloud to everyone near me in the subway something to the effect of "oh my God, the world trade center is on fire"

(and at this pont in the story I still get chills. Been ten years yet at this very moment, merely typing this, there's goosebumps up and down my arms)

Anyway, within seconds obviously other people at other window seats saw it and probably said something aloud to everyone like I did.. the subway car remained somewhat calm, but of course now everyone was talking. I don't remember any of that clearly It's sorta a haze.

Anyway, the subway kept going, crossed the bridge and was back underground, and then it stalled for a while. I have no recollection how long it was. But I had my FM radio that I was listening to and was trying to hear WTF was going on... I was listening to the HOWARD STERN SHOW as usual. It's very hard to get radio reception underground, but moving it around I did eventually get clear enough reception to hear Stern say that it was a terrorist attack. So I told my part of the subway car

Anyway, I got out the first stop possible, which was pretty far downtown (the first few stops weren't used, blocked off or whatever)

And now I'll just speed up my recollection, because I don't really remember TIMES at all. TOTALLY a haze:

- I did see the world trade center twin towers fall with my own eyes. I was on the street in downtown Manhattan. One I was watching when it fell. The other, some lady screamed something that made me (and others) look.

- Seeing hysterical people covered in dirt / white stuff / other stuff from the WTC and running/crying up the streets of manhattan is something I will never forget.

- I cursed out two assholes who cracked a joke. That was quick and no big deal. I just tossed a few angry words at them, they shut up, the end.

- For reasons I can't explain, early that afternoon, as I had eventually walked my way up to midtown where our financial firm's office was, I went in, and up to the office, which I think (really can't remember) was on the 30-somethingth floor. The building was still open for people to go into. The usual security desk with two security people were there. Showed my ID, went up. I think almost no one was there. I don't remember conversations with anyone. I made a few phone calls and emailed a few relatives saying I was fine. And sorta starred out the window for a bit, looking out at skyscrapers or whatever.

Being outside in Manhattan those next few days of tense calm was memorable. You are standing there, assuming that nothing will happen of course, yet in the back of your mind you're thinking like a superhero making up what-if scenarios.

Anyway, yeah.

Jeff

step_back
09-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I was 14 and had just come home from school. My mum was sitting in the living room watching the news. The BBC had reported that a plane had crashed into the WTC. There was no concrete idea of what was going on. Rampant confusion between journalists as they try to formulate a report.

As the live coverage continued another plane hit. I called my mum back into the living room as she was preparing food in the kitchen. We both sat, staring in shock and disbelief at what we were seeing. We sat in silence and could barely string together a sentence.

As the coverage continued, new footage was captured. People jumping from the towers to escape fire and smoke. I was in complete shock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

We continued to watch the news for the rest of the day.

10 years from now I still can't come to terms with the barbaric, cold, hatred that could be commited by these awful people. It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach that a human mind could be that poisoned to commit such an atrocity.

9/11 changed the world and it sent shock waves that could be felt thousands of miles away.

May all those innocent people remain close to the heart and resting in peace.

Thorpesaurous
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Wait... you're like 33 then.. :oldlol: I don't know why but I always thought you were like 60+

10 years ago for me, I was just waking up when the first plane had hit. My alarm clock was my t.v. and the breaking news had the first tower already being struck. I got ready for school (seniors MFER!), and then I saw the second plane hit the second tower.

34 but yeah.

KG215
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
I was watchin CNN after the first plane hit and folks were trying to figure out what happened with the first tower and then as I am watching the second plane hits and I am completely shocked.. WTF did this just really happen? It was surreal!

RIP to all involved!

:pimp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKZqqSI9-s

That's a video of a lot of different newscast right after the first tower was hit but before the second had been hit, and the newscasts had live footage of the second tower being hit. Talk about chilling.

I remember school didn't start for us until 8:30 (CST) and about the time we got settled into first period, did the morning announcements, did the National Anthem, word started spreading around the school. Another teacher came in our room and told our teacher what had happened, and she turned on the news. We had about five minutes to absorb the first tower being hit and I remember everyone thinking and discussing whether it was an accident or not. Then, the second plane hits the other tower and it got eerily quiet for what felt like forever. I don't know, just the whole sequence of watching the news people trying to dissect and process one tower being hit, and then seeing the second tower being hit while all of that was going on was such an awful and surreal feeling. Especially when you're a high school freshman sitting in a room full of your peers, none of whom have any idea what is going on, nor do any of us know how to process what we're seeing.

Sarcastic
09-11-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.archive.org/details/sept_11_tv_archive

If anyone is interested in seeing the reliving the television coverage from that day.

Keith
09-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Doing a temp job calling up people and them hanging up on me.:oldlol:

The boss let me bring in the radio...

Thorpesaurous
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I have another friend who was driving cross country that morning, he actually went not far past where the plane went down in PA. He was listening to CDs, and had his car in a bag in his backseat, and actually knew nothing about what was going on for a full 2 and half hours after impact. He stopped for gas somewhere and saw the footage on TV. It was hard to believe. I'm convinced he was the last person in the country to know what was going on.

Meticode
09-12-2011, 02:32 AM
I have another friend who was driving cross country that morning, he actually went not far past where the plane went down in PA. He was listening to CDs, and had his car in a bag in his backseat, and actually knew nothing about what was going on for a full 2 and half hours after impact. He stopped for gas somewhere and saw the footage on TV. It was hard to believe. I'm convinced he was the last person in the country to know what was going on.
Doubt it. There were schools where kids didn't know it happened until after they got home later that day after 3PM.

Meticode
09-12-2011, 02:42 AM
This is from a former co-worker of mine. I asked her what happened that day since she lived in New York at the time. She sent me this back via-Facebook.

Well, it was definitely a crazy day. I'll share a post another college friend just posted (so you have another opinion). I had a 9am math class, so I was getting ready when the first plane hit, my roommate Kristen was in the bathroom or something. I felt the ground shook (like a mini earthquake, but honestly thought it was a cleaning lady hustling that big garbage can w/ cleaning stuff on it down the hall). Freshman were dormed at Maria's Towers in Pace University on 1 pace plaza (you can google it to see I was 4-5 blocks away). We were on floor 12. (guys were knew were on 13, Anthony and Shawn who were commenting on my status).

I headed to class. My indian teacher was late, so us kids talked about how supposedly a plane hit the WTC, but we thought it was a commuter plane.. no big deal. I was sitting in the back of the class, 2nd week of classes so no major friends in that class w/ me, but I said to a kid who was saying his mom called him, "Oh she's worried about you since you're in NYC all alone?" (he was from another state far away) He said yes, I smiled because that's what moms do- worry and we waited for the teacher. As someone else was talking, we felt the building shook (when 2nd plane hit). Someone said "Whoa, did you feel that?" We did, but carried on. Our room had no windows, so we had no idea. It was also 'in session' so no one told us what was going on. Why we waited another 10-15 min for the teacher is beyond me. I think most kids leave now if no show. Anyways, our teacher shows up, broken English and is like "oh, sorry im late- very bad outside! Be careful!" and i swear we had a full lesson that day! I still have my notebook somewhere on the math notes. After it was over at 10am, a kid opens our door, barges in and says, "All classes cancelled!" Great, we all were happy to hear about this. I figured i'd go back up to my dorm room and sleep. I never made it back up there.

I went down the elevator from classes, about to walk over to my dorm (same building) and it was crowded. I ran into my pal Anthony who looked so scared. We were talking about how this is serious and we were attacked. I was 18 so I didn't know what to do, but i knew I couldn't have stayed there. We looked at each other as if this was the last time we would see one another. I told him I was heading uptown to get home (I lived 30 min from the Bronx, a good hour from Manhattan - all trains/buses were shut down. My dad works in the Bronx, so I was going to walk there).

Some of this is blurry, but I remember Anthony and I looking out the side lobby door (street is never too busy w/ foot traffic) and seeing all these people running! It was something out of Independence Day is first thing that came to mind. What was going on?! -First building was collapsing. We decided to go our own ways -he oddly enough walked outside and his father was there from Staten Island in town to get him after a meeting was cancelled. I went a different direction to head uptown.

As ashes fell, I walked a good 70+ blocks, running into some kids I knew from a few classes. Only people I knew so I stuck with them.. my cell was not working (no one's was). One of the girls in the group said her boyfriend works at Fordham University, Lincoln Center campus (62nd st) so that was our destination for now. As I walked, I saw many things, thought many things.. it was too surreal/crazy. I only had a $1 in my pocket (my book money over $200 was up in my dorm) so I spent it on a Pepsi. I remember other friends later recalling other vendors was giving away drinks, and here I find one that was charging!

People were lining up at the ATM's, some were gathered around a parked car that had a radio on.. (that moment felt very apocalyptic) and I remember two women who were walking in front of me veering off to go into Duane Reade store (think: walgreen's) for something, and I thought, "Why are they stopping to shop?! Don't they know this is no time to just stop!" I was fearful we were still under attack, and I was worried what if as I was heading past Empire State Building (on 34th st), what if THAT was attacked as well? I'd be caught in the debris...ugh, I kept moving.

I walked past a toddler who was asking where her mommy was to two people she was with - a man crouched down and told her they didn't know and everything's ok and they needed to continue walking. i walked past street vendors who still had their tables open and selling books, pinwheels, etc. Looking back, foreigners such as Asians, Indians, Russian who were not legal in NYC had no real idea of this due to language barriers. I mean, most did, but some didnt.

We finally got to this other college's cafeteria on campus. We had to pretend we too were students from this college for smoe reason. They sat and ate somethign, I went to the PC area to see if anything was working. That was my first time I saw the planes hitting the building in a picture. My heart stopped. I was surrounded in the ears of the situation (hearing people, walking away), i didn't see it completely until then.

I finally broke off from them, got service and a hold of my mom and aunt and dad. (My dad was trying to meet me in lower bronx, which is north of manhattan) The trains were finally working at that time, so I hopped on the subway, covered in ash, standing in between two clean business guys thinking "ugh I am the only one looking this way" and feeling different from the rest. I somehow made it out, my dad in his work van pulled over and hopped out and we hugged in the middle of the street. Yes, I cried a bit. It was emotional as I thought I wouldn't see him or my family again.

I think he dropped off his van at his job (again some things are blurry) and we headed home. I was exhausted, it was after 5pm, and I heard on the radio the date. 9-11. I remember thinking, wow, 9-1-1. So weird. other theories/stories like the #9 looking like a plane going into 1-1 as the towers were later mentioned that week. My college was shut down for 2 weeks due to loss of electricity down there and the mess in the area. My friends at home all showed up on my doorstep that evening to make sure I was ok. I had the max my cell could hold - 50 voicemails from friends, family checkign to see if I was okay - some people I rarely talked to. Dude, my voicemail at the time was to the tuen of "Cant Touch This". I laugh when I remember that because its kinda funny considering..

When I headed back to campus weeks later, I couldn't get dropped off at the campus. That whole area, Ground Zero was closed off to cars, etc. The nearest area was Chinatown, 10+ blcoks away it seemed. My pals Anthony and roomie Kris met me as I carried more shit from home back to my dorm (blankets, clothes, etc).

I would go home some weekends to work part time, and head back to my dorm on sunday nights for class mOnday. Every time I left the subway station and walked up to the street, it smelled. A stench of fallen buildings, metal, cement, people as well I'm sure in the mix who died. Those that lived there won't ever forget that smell). They didn't wind up cleaning the windows on our floor until April. Many kids who were from other states wound up coming back in Sept, but changing colleges after fall semester. One girl took the Amtrak back to Cali on 9/12 - took her 4 days to get back home. My roommate had family in NJ she stayed with (thank god bc I couldn't find her and she stuck around in Pace University in their basement -they offered kids to stay under there for safety- thats when I decided to leave and go uptown). She did wind up taking pictures that I'll try to post up from her. They are from our dorm room/floor. She was unlucky enough to see people falling from the building (i never did, thankfully).

So while I was not in the building that day (we did oddly enough visit WTC days before it fell, as there was a mall underground to shop at, Victoria's Secret was there I remember that, lol) I was affected in that I had to make some quick decisions on what to do and I was scared as hell.

crosso√er
09-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Sleeping, found out on the news at 7am (approximately an hour after the first hit). I still remember dropping coffee on the couch and running to wake up my mom.

My uncle who lives in Manhattan was on the 26th floor of the 2nd building that was hit at the time; he did manage to get out safely well before the 2nd building was hit. He refuses to talk to me about what happened; I know he's dramatized.

RIP to all the victims, words can't express the pain we all feel....still.
My dad died just one year before that incident and my grandfather, close friend and dog. Losing my uncle and seeing thousands of innocent civilians die; I probably would have been at my absolute breaking point. 99'-05' was probably the toughest time of my life. Secondary education and my mom really helped me get back in focus.

lilbill
09-12-2011, 12:26 PM
I think everywhere up and down the East coast that morning the weather was fantastic. I remember walking to class thinking how great it felt to finally have some fall weather. I had gone to NYC with some friends over Labor Day weekend and went to the observation deck which I believe was in the South tower. I still have a pic of 2 of my friends I took up there. It's so hard to look at it now knowing what happened just days later. I remember just sitting in the student union staring at the tv and feeling a whole range of emotions; shock, horror, sadness, rage. I couldn't comprehend the injustice of it all. We had all just witnessed mass murder. People killed just because they showed up for work that day. What really pissed me off was watching footage of Palestinians dancing in the street later that evening. I knew we (Americans) weren't liked in the Arab world but I was quite naive about the depth of that hatred.

code green
09-12-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't really know anyone who was really affected by the event. I wonder how these people moved on from such an event.

In Youtube, there's a 911 phone call from a guy named Kevin Cosgrove from inside the South Tower and the call went on til the building collapsed and he was heard screaming "Oh God, oh!" and the sound of the building starting to collapse before the call got disconnected. Before that he was saying he was a young guy with young kids and he wasn't ready to die. It gives me the chills but at the same time gave me an idea of what the people inside were exactly thinking during that time, RIP Mr. Kevin Cosgrove.

I just listened to that call on YouTube. Very, very, very chilling. You've got a man on tape realizing he's about to die....just chilling.

code green
09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
I was in 9th grade, our Theology class was about to start when we heard the announcement over the speakers. We continued the rest of the school day, but it was very subdued. Some of the more down to earth teachers led group discussions about New York, the Middle East, the possible hit on the economy, etc. It really is one of those things you never forget what you were doing when it happened.

Crown&Coke
09-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I was just waking up for school in CA. 10th grade.

My dad was watching the news standing up with a blank look on his face, looked at me and said the World Trade Center was attacked. I didn't even know what the WTC was at that time.

My First period was a History class. My teacher was super cool. Said "we are going to watch history in the making today." Talked about how this would be as significant as Pearl Harbor. That class was normally pretty crazy and wild, but we STFU for the entire 50 minutes that day.

We still didn't realize the significance that day would bring as wet behind the ears sophomores, how it would rattle the US to the absolute core. I still don't think the total significance has been realized yet.

$LakerGold
09-13-2011, 04:28 AM
I had no idea about 9/11 til' 2004 :(

I was prolly in school when it happened.. and I was like 6-7 years old back then?

niko
09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
On subway when first plane hit. Walking toward downtown when second hit. Close enough to hear the ground shake when buildings started falling. Surreal day. Had close friends in the building who got out, my brother in law was supposed to be in the building but was late to work as his daughter threw a fit in the morning and insisted daddy take her to school, not mommy (my sister, who wasn't working at the time). He was in a train stuck like two station back when they closed the line after the plane hit.

ErhnamDjinn
09-13-2011, 11:33 AM
I was still bumming around after college then was talking to my then gf at the time on the phone when the first plane hit, I was like nah just some accident, so I continued my phone call, then the second plane hit and I was like wait got to check this out. Was really a weird feeling cause it was the first time sh!t like this was actually done. Then when the buildings actually collapsed I was like wtf happned there ,this event will probably stick in my mind till the day I die.

Eat Like A Bosh
09-13-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't remember a thing.

Timmy D for MVP
09-13-2011, 11:09 PM
I was at my aunt's house before school. I was 11. And we watched on the T.V. and I had little idea the implications of what was happening until I got to school and in every class we were just watching to T.V. and the coverage.

It's kind of a foggy day in my memory actually. I more remember the next week or so than the day itself.

Styles p
09-14-2011, 07:36 PM
civics class in 8th grade, went skateboarding with my friends after school like nothing happened.

GOBB
09-14-2011, 11:31 PM
civics class in 8th grade, went skateboarding with my friends after school like nothing happened.

:facepalm

magic chiongson
09-15-2011, 01:30 AM
i was in bed with my ex. we watched the thing on tv later. she didnt seem to care much even though i was like holy sh1t the whole time

pauk
09-15-2011, 10:22 AM
I was playing basketball in Budva, Montenegro, Europe.... made me feel discusted at humans (all of them), especially after finding out "who did it" (people from my own religion), but those were idiotic terrorists, spawn of evil and i understood why those psychos "snapped" like that anyways, any psycho could..........
and got shocked afterwards at how much of the media/americans/atheists had the balls/nerves to act like it was an act in the name of a belief/ideology... :facepalm

acting like it was not because they just took over a country and killed, having "war" against thousands and thousands of innocent civilians/mothers/children running around with flip-flops/sandals and just so happened to upset a "powerful psycho/taliban/terrorist"........

notice i didnt mention "muslims", im a muslim myself (a Balkan/Bosnian muslim, so no i dont feel homage for somebody from a totally different culture & country, i had always full support for Americans and their cause in the middle-east, no i dont have any camels, my sister does not wear a scarf/burka and no im not dark, infact im blond and have blue eyes, that is actually a culture/country thing, nothing to do with islam).... and those are not "muslims"... at least not real ones (sane ones, with not a screw loose)... those are terrorists.... if you are gona blame a belief/ideology (religion) just because that Terrorist came from a nation of "islam" then i guess you can blame CHRISTIANITY for everything else right? no........... it doesnt work that way..........

ITS THE HUMANS FAULT.... NOT RELIGION... ISLAM/CHRISTIANITY ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL & PEACEFUL RELIGIONS ON EARTH....... THE WHOLE POINT OF THOSE RELIGIONS IS TO STOP THESE KINDOF ACTIONS....... FOR GODS SAKES..........

In the Koran it says you are allowed to DEFEND yourself.... nothing else.... but so much as starting to hurt somebody even a FLY or say a disrespectful word........ automatically makes you a "false follower".....

i felt so discusted.... annoyed.... at how everything in America/Media was afterwards like:
"An Islamic extremist just took a shower!"
"An Islamic extremist in a Islamic country just robbed a bank!"
"An Islamic man just asked a question!"

Media acted/tried to brainwash people to think that Islam was no more just a belief/religion and the 2nd biggest religion on earth and that Muslims came from all kindsof countries/cultures.... no... but that they were all the same "sand nikker" RACE in their mind.... like if there was a country called "Muslimania" and they all were Terrorists out there to get you..... thats what i call racism... in a national scale........ it was horrible.... and u know what, its still like that somewhat....

Styles p
09-15-2011, 11:35 AM
:facepalm
i was 13, what was i supposed to do rush up to ny and start pulling bodies out of the rubble?

thatoneblackguy
09-15-2011, 02:07 PM
i was 13, what was i supposed to do rush up to ny and start pulling bodies out of the rubble?
Don't listen to GOBB. He's just a kid.

GOBB
09-16-2011, 07:58 PM

Go home and some some homework.

Styles p
09-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Go home and some some homework.
yeah i should have went home and did some some homework.

Meticode
09-17-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm going to go home and some some my wife.

AirTupac
09-17-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm going to go home and some some my wife.

We need pics again tho. Srs.

niko
09-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Near our house there is a turkish Mosque. They immediately put out an american flag, and signs up stating Turkey was a member of Nato, a US ally, and fully supported us. I never hated all Muslims anyway (i hate only assholes, if you are blue, green does nto bother me), but i remember that made me feel bad that they felt the need to state that. :(

kentatm
09-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I was in my college dorm room cramming for a quiz.

flipped on my TV and for a moment thought there was some kind of action movie playing.

then reality set in and I started to freak out b/c I know several people that worked near the WTC. I watched the towers collapse and turned the TV off b/c I knew thousands of people had just died and I had essentially just seen a live snuff film. At the time they were estimating maybe as many as 10,000 were in the buildings.

I went to class and the teacher still gave us the quiz. :wtf: I have always wondered if she simply didn't know what had happened b/c I thought it was pretty f-ed up to give a quiz that was 10% of our grade considering the circumstances.

boozehound
09-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Near our house there is a turkish Mosque. They immediately put out an american flag, and signs up stating Turkey was a member of Nato, a US ally, and fully supported us. I never hated all Muslims anyway (i hate only assholes, if you are blue, green does nto bother me), but i remember that made me feel bad that they felt the need to state that. :(
yes, I recall going into a convenience store run by Indian christians (which have an older tradition than euros supposedly), I forget which sect, who had signs up stating that not only were they not from the middle east, they were christians, etc. because their store had been vandalized and several of their family members physically battered on more than one occasion. Very sad state to see the visceral anger many of us felt mainifest itself in such ignorant hate.

As for the day itself, I was driving in a work van from Iowa City to St. Joe, MO for a project. Heard it on the radio and had a feeling in the pit of my stomach. Called my brother to learn that a former classmate and childhood friend who had just started working there that summer after graduating from Yale had perished in the attack. His office was something like 3 floors above the first impact. I worked out the day and tried to drink it away with wild turkey. I still miss brad on a weekly basis. His funeral was incredibly difficult for me.

liverandonions
09-24-2011, 10:00 PM
:sleeping

Stuckey
09-24-2011, 10:45 PM
airport

rivers to gates
09-25-2011, 11:17 AM
You mean the day the rich elite allowed 9/11 to happen?

AllenIverson3
09-25-2011, 06:16 PM
ppl still believe that 19 hijackers did 9/11??? ahha

ballup
09-25-2011, 06:24 PM
I was in 5th grade. I didn't even learn about it until my mom told me about it on the drive back home. She told me Die Hard just happened and I got pretty dam excited because I thought some badass saved a bunch of people at an airport.