PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword thread

code green
09-16-2011, 03:08 PM
I know we've got quite a few Nintendo heads on here, so here's a thread to lead up to the November 20 release, and reviews for when it comes out.

I just preordered mine from GameStop today. Regular game is $49.99 and the collector's edition is $69.99. Collector's edition comes with a gold Wiimote and a CD containing full orchestral versions of classic Zelda songs. :bowdown:

http://vgamernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Gold-Wii-Remote.jpg

Clippersfan86
09-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Probably my 3rd or 4th favorite game franchise of all time but unfortunately I didn't have a Gamecube or Wii so I've been losing out on all the games :( .

SayTownRy
09-16-2011, 04:01 PM
just got dead island so this is officially my most anticipated game atm. this and mario world 3d.

i just reeeeaaaallly hope the motion controls are done well...

jaydacris
09-16-2011, 04:45 PM
heard its a pretty long game
which is sweet
cant wait

Rose
09-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get this game. But with Gears coming out on Tuesday...I'm not playing anything else till probably November. so it makes no sense.:lol

JaskoX1
09-16-2011, 08:12 PM
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get this game. But with Gears coming out on Tuesday...I'm not playing anything else till probably November. so it makes no sense.:lol
Dude, LoZ doesn't come out till the end of November.

Here's some screen shots from the latest upgrade trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBLbvk2haqo)

http://i.imgur.com/LXhIw.png

http://brutalgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/zelda-skyward-sword-shield-upgrade.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m169/omzarine/Nintendo/SSShield2.png

http://oi55.tinypic.com/313klc7.jpg

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/images/games/ss/items/shield-thumb.jpg

Rose
09-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Oh really? Gamestop has it listed as October 14th.

****ing bastards:mad:

Nevaeh
09-26-2011, 11:15 PM
With NBA2k12 and Sonic Generations (20 yr Anniversary Tribute Game) coming this year, I may have to sit this one out. I really like that they kept the "Adult" Link character design from the last game though.

code green
10-06-2011, 06:00 PM
just got dead island so this is officially my most anticipated game atm. this and mario world 3d.

i just reeeeaaaallly hope the motion controls are done well...

[QUOTE]Now that I

code green
10-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Less than 30 days away!

niko
10-26-2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/10/skyward-swords-motion-controls-feel-fine-just-fine/

For what it's worth....
Kotaku is on a nintendo bashing tour, i would not use them for nintendo info. There will always be a bad slant, even if they try to cover it up after.

Skywalker
10-26-2011, 06:56 PM
these are the most epic games around bar none anyone who says they aren't is WRONG

good thing I don't have a Wii or I'd put my whole winter break on this game lol

code green
10-26-2011, 07:50 PM
these are the most epic games around bar none anyone who says they aren't is WRONG

good thing I don't have a Wii or I'd put my whole winter break on this game lol

I actually used a vacation day for work to stay home and play it on launch date. :roll:

niko
10-27-2011, 08:58 AM
I actually used a vacation day for work to stay home and play it on launch date. :roll:
Ocarina of Time, when i got it was the first day i was back from the hospital from an infection after my appendix was removed. I literally could not move for a week and sat with my feet up and played it. i have that game memorized, i love it. I liked Twilight Princess but not as much, simply because if felt more barren (the overworld). Still fun though.

code green
11-11-2011, 02:12 AM
9 days! :banana: :banana: :pimp: :pimp: :applause: :rockon: :rockon:

what better way to prepare than to run through twilight princess again?

Bucket_Nakedz
11-11-2011, 08:42 AM
I already knew that ign was going to give it a 10 - which it totally deserves - but the way the editor described in depth about how nintendo went on to recreating this game, literally has blown my fxxking mind.

Zelda, imo, is the greatest franchise in video games. i see a lot of todays hardcore gamers prefer more rpg open world style, e.g., skyrim. ive played oblivion, mass effect, fallout and many others, but none of them have moved me the way that zelda has.

I am hopeful that there will be more available pre-orders for the collectors edition when i get paid of next friday 'cuz i am hella broke right now.

Skyrim is arriving in my mail on saturday via gamefly but i know for a fact that im sending it back within a week. Im sorry, but zelda always comes first and it cant come soon enough. Code green... we almost there, bruh.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
11-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Downloading it now through official Nintendo Steam-like torrenty thing. So nice a company is willing to create a game for years, just to make it available through Steam-like torrenty thing for free.

World is friendly and nice.

Clippersfan86
11-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I already knew that ign was going to give it a 10 - which it totally deserves - but the way the editor described in depth about how nintendo went on to recreating this game, literally has blown my fxxking mind.

Zelda, imo, is the greatest franchise in video games. i see a lot of todays hardcore gamers prefer more rpg open world style, e.g., skyrim. ive played oblivion, mass effect, fallout and many others, but none of them have moved me the way that zelda has.

I am hopeful that there will be more available pre-orders for the collectors edition when i get paid of next friday 'cuz i am hella broke right now.

Skyrim is arriving in my mail on saturday via gamefly but i know for a fact that im sending it back within a week. Im sorry, but zelda always comes first and it cant come soon enough. Code green... we almost there, bruh.

No question Zelda is a GOAT level series and memorable for all of us who played the games. I LOVED Zelda games. It was pretty much all I played on Gameboy along with Pokemon. I also of course played the Nintendo and Super NES versions as well.

It's natural for most like me to prefer modern games though man. Each console generation has improved. Games are 10 times deeper now.

talkingconch
11-15-2011, 11:01 PM
looks like someone posted it already but yea ign gave it a 10 which sounds very impressive

big Zelda fan here btw

code green
11-17-2011, 10:52 PM
The GameStop where I preordered the game isn't doing a midnight release :cry: :cry:

niko
11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
The GameStop where I preordered the game isn't doing a midnight release :cry: :cry:
i'm going to go pick it up at Nintendoworld tomorrow, early release event..

SayTownRy
11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
^ nice one. that store's awesome.

think i'ma pick it up on the way home from the bars tomorrow night from wally world. late night drunken half asleep zelda.

niko
11-18-2011, 08:04 PM
^ nice one. that store's awesome.

think i'ma pick it up on the way home from the bars tomorrow night from wally world. late night drunken half asleep zelda.
special edition? for some reason i like to have the controller from the game. Like for Monster Hunter, i wanted the black monster hunter classic controller. yes, i have issues.

btw, i've played some of the game at a friends house. i was very impressed with the controls. didn't see much, just a temple...

code green
11-18-2011, 09:49 PM
special edition? for some reason i like to have the controller from the game. Like for Monster Hunter, i wanted the black monster hunter classic controller. yes, i have issues.

btw, i've played some of the game at a friends house. i was very impressed with the controls. didn't see much, just a temple...

Definitely doing the special edition. I got the special edition gold DS with the Triforce on the front, the gold WiiMote will definitely look sweet next to it.

I really have an unhealthy obsession with Zelda.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Just got back from paying off my preorder @ gamestop. i hate buying games there, but it was my only option.

Anyway, this will my first time using a wii motionplus controller. Whats the biggest difference between the motionplus and the old ones?

code green
11-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Just got back from paying off my preorder @ gamestop. i hate buying games there, but it was my only option.

Anyway, this will my first time using a wii motionplus controller. Whats the biggest difference between the motionplus and the old ones?

You'll tell the first time you put on your wii and move the cursor around. It moves considerably smoother and more accurate with the motionplus controller. I work at a store that's right next to GameStop in a strip mall, so I preordered it there just to be convenient. I actually paid it off a couple of days ago, and had a conversation with the manager while she was ringing me up..

Me: I just want to finish paying off the rest of Zelda
Her: Awesome choice, that's coming up soon
Me: I know, I've been ready for this for four years. A lot of people coming for the midnight release?
Her: Oh, there's no midnight release for Zelda.
Me: Wait, really?
Her: Yeah, we only do midnight releases for really big releases.
Me: .....
Me: .....
Me: It's Nintendo's biggest release since the last Zelda came out
Her: Yeah, but we don't do any for Wii games.
Me: Wow, I guess I'll be here first thing in the morning.
Her: It's Sunday, we don't open until noon.

I walked out of there depressed. Nintendo's been my favorite video game company since I got my first NES at 6...and they've been reduced to this. :cry: That WiiU better be something special.

code green
11-20-2011, 03:27 PM
The storyline for this game is definitely different. No Hyrule, no mention of Gannon yet. It's got the potential to be epic though...I just got the spiritual sword.

niko
11-20-2011, 07:19 PM
i'm like 7-8 hours in. It's fantastic. It's so fun, i love the combat. It's starting to pick up more too. The first 3-4 hours it was fun, but not super fun. It's getting to be super fun. Probably going to be my second favorite game after Batman this year. Thank you Nintendo.

Wii gives us like no games but when they give something its always sick.

SayTownRy
11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
yeah this one's siiiick

just went for the regular release although i regret it every time i pick up that wiimote + motion plus attachment + nunchuk combination

i'm delving into the skyview temple atm.

so far i'm really liking the combat, although i'm still getting used to it. i'm dispatching those plants with ease, but i'll still get stuck swinging a few extra times every once in a while on the guys that block your swings.

but the controls are so fluid.

i'm barely scratching the surface of the surface.. : / i guess maybe after i beat the skyview temple things will open up a little bit? not that i'm complaining cause i love that zelda games take like 3 hours before you even get to the first dungeon - as linear as it's been the scope of the areas i've been in are immense.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-25-2011, 01:30 AM
i just beat the first temple and boss. game has met expectations, hopefully it will exceed it down the line.

code green
11-25-2011, 11:29 AM
i just beat the first temple and boss. game has met expectations, hopefully it will exceed it down the line.

i came to post the same exact thing. even the first boss battle was more epic than any other first bosses in a zelda game.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Clocked in a lil over 10 hours. just beat the second dungeon/earth temple and a couple of side missions. this is why i love zelda, GAME OF THIS GENERATION!!!!

KingBeasley08
11-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Decided to get this game over MW3 (will get for PS3 later) cuz I had a feeling this game would be great and so far its been worth it. First Zelda game I've played since Majora's Mask and I'm lovin it.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-28-2011, 04:34 AM
Done with the third dungeon. Bout to head back to spiritual grounds...

talkingconch
12-04-2011, 05:27 PM
this game is amazing

Rose
12-04-2011, 06:38 PM
tempted to buy it....but I have so many games already I need to beat first. It's my favorite franchise of all time....but so many good games already need to be beaten first.:cry: Plus it's for my least favorite console...ugh. but...it's Zelda.

talkingconch
12-05-2011, 04:09 AM
tempted to buy it....but I have so many games already I need to beat first. It's my favorite franchise of all time....but so many good games already need to be beaten first.:cry: Plus it's for my least favorite console...ugh. but...it's Zelda.

Yea this is the first time i've touched my nintendo wii since super mario galaxy 2 i think. I believe it's been almost a year, and even before that I didn't use it much

Rose
12-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Yea this is the first time i've touched my nintendo wii since super mario galaxy 2 i think. I believe it's been almost a year, and even before that I didn't use it much
In a way, I hope the Wii U flops terribly, and that Nintendo has to leave the console market. So maybe...just maybe...they'll have to create their Zelda/Mario/Metroid games for the main consoles.

Just so I can avoid this. Because I enjoy the wii, I really do. But I might have bought...4 games in all for it?

talkingconch
12-06-2011, 02:26 AM
In a way, I hope the Wii U flops terribly, and that Nintendo has to leave the console market. So maybe...just maybe...they'll have to create their Zelda/Mario/Metroid games for the main consoles.

Just so I can avoid this. Because I enjoy the wii, I really do. But I might have bought...4 games in all for it?

yeah seriously i wish it was for xbox or something, but only nintendo behind the making of the game, no one else interfering. Would be great. Not buying a nintendo next gen though, even though they announced graphics are better than ps3/xbox or are highly likely to be.

Bucket_Nakedz
12-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I just got done with the sand ship. game is effin bananas, gonna put it on hold until next weekend cuz i got so much work piled on me right now.

talkingconch
12-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Hey guys is there a day and night difference in the graphics if you use component cables while playing this game?

enayes
12-26-2011, 02:36 AM
Just started playing a few days ago. I haven't played much video games in the last few years but Zelda is amazing.

Go Getter
12-27-2011, 08:16 AM
I might get this for my son for his birthday. You guys have convinced me.

returnofthemack
02-05-2012, 08:45 PM
im at the final boss. this game is pretty damn epic. as much as i love skyward sword it doesnt hold a candle to the original zelda or orcarina of time