PDA

View Full Version : Greece Is Coming To 2012 Olympics

Euroleague
09-16-2011, 05:24 PM
http://flagspot.net/images/g/gr.gif

Greece qualified to the 2012 Olympics Qualification Tournament. They made it through the hardest tournament to qualify through by far (FIBA EuroBasket).

They also beat Serbia (2nd at FIBA EuroBasket 2009, 4th At 2010 FIBA World Championship - despite the refs being against them) to qualify.

Greece will now qualify through the 2012 Olympics Qualification Tournament next summer and will be at the Olympics Basketball Tournament for the third straight time (2004, 2008, 2012).

Greece did this, despite only having their C national team at 2011 EuroBasket.

Now, for the 2012 Olympics, Greece will return such A national team players as Sofoklis Schortsanitis, Vassilis Spanoulis, Panos Vasilopoulos, and Georgios Printezis, as they have all committed for the 2012 Olympics.

Possibly, other A team players such as Loukas Mavrokefalidis, Theo Papaloukas, and Dimitris Diamantidis will also play. As their statements were that they will consider playing at the Olympics (after they have been criticized extremely hard throughout Greece over their terrible recent behavior). Mavrokefalidis was even suspended from Russian League and there has been talk of Diamantidis also being suspended from Greek League. So now they are "reconsidering".

So................................................ ............

Greece will be there with probably about 8-9 of its best players at the 2012 Olympics.

GET READY TEAM USA. Because Greece is coming.

millwad
09-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Greece qualified to the 2012 Olympics Qualification Tournament. They made it rhtough the hardest tournament to qualify through by far (FIBA EuroBasket).

They also beat Serbia (2nd at FIBA EuroBasket 2009, 4th At 2010 FIBA World Championship - despite the refs being against them) to qualify.

Greece will now qualify through the 2012 Olympics Qualififcation Tournament next summer and will be at the Olympics Basketball Tournament for the third staright time (2004, 2008, 2012).

Now, for the 2012 Olympics, Greece will return such A national team players as Sofoklis Schortsanitis, Vassilis Spanoulis, Panos Vasilopoulos, and Georgios Printezis, as they have all committed for the 2012 Olympics.

Possibly, other A team players such as Loukas Mavrokefalidis, Theo Papaloukas, and Dimitris Diamantidis will also play. As their statements were that they will consider playing at the Olympics (after they have been criticized extremely hard throughout Greece over their terrible recent behavior). Mavrokefalidis was even suspended from Russian League and there has been talk of Diamantidis also being suspended from Greek League. So now they are "reconsidering".

Greece will be there with probably about 8-9 of its best players at the 2012 Olympics.

You are the biggest fan of greek basketball... in ARKANSAS!:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Theoo's Daddy
09-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Meh, Bo Mccalleb will ruin the party, again.

creepingdeath
09-16-2011, 05:30 PM
/inb4 2012 bump and NoLinksYo!'s rant about the refs rigging the game for team USA

Sarcastic
09-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Cannon fodder for TEAM USA

Droid101
09-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Why do you care? Aren't the refs just going to rig the games as usual for the USA to win?

kaiiu
09-16-2011, 05:41 PM
damn..now im scared

bdreason
09-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Greece has been on the downturn for quite awhile now. Nobody fears them on the International stage anymore.

LBJDWADE63
09-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Greece is coming?? No way i dont think they have enough money for the airplain ticket.

Euroleague
09-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Greece has been on the downturn for quite awhile now. Nobody fears them on the International stage anymore.

The C team of Greece just qualified through EuroBasket (hardest international tournament). What the hell are you smoking?

The A team of Greece will be by far the biggest threat to USA in 2012.

LBJDWADE63
09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
The C team of Greece just qualified through EuroBasket (hardest international tournament). What the hell are you smoking?

Wanna hear a joke?

Greece.

Greece sucks man get over it.

bdreason
09-16-2011, 06:40 PM

I'm just going by actual results.

2008 Olympics = 1st round exit.

2010 FIBA WC = 1st round exit.

Greece has not played well in the last two International competitions, and nothing points to them improving. I don't even consider them part of the elite anymore. They are a 2nd tier International team now until they can prove otherwise by actually producing results in International competition.

LBJDWADE63
09-16-2011, 06:43 PM
All of their good players are old and they don't have any good young players greece is not even a good team anymore. They suck.

R.I.P.
09-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Next year around the time there is no Greece anymore, you

AirTupac
09-16-2011, 07:07 PM
We all know this bird is going to say refs rigged once Greece loses.
We all know that Bob Mccalebb wouldn't make an NBA roster
We all know Deron Williams is the best player in Europe right now
We all know USA is #1
We all know Anthony Parker is GOAT

BlackJoker23
09-16-2011, 07:09 PM
all greeks smell like shit and are a bunch of overrated queers. who was the 400 lb clown they were calling baby shaq in the 08 olympics? current shaq would drop 40/20 on his fat ass

Maga_1
09-16-2011, 07:45 PM
We all know this bird is going to say refs rigged once Greece loses.
We all know that Bob Mccalebb wouldn't make an NBA roster
We all know Deron Williams is the best player in Europe right now
We all know USA is #1
We all know Anthony Parker is GOAT

- This year scouts from many NBA teams approached McCallaeb but his agent told them that he wanted a guaranteed contract with (i don't know the exactly amount of money), so they rejected.

- Williams his the best player and didn't even play one official game? Damn, that's like saying Austin Rivers is the best SG in NBA right now.

- The Anthony Parker joke is getting a little bit old, you are always using that.

LJJ
09-16-2011, 08:12 PM
- Williams his the best player and didn't even play one official game? Damn, that's like saying Austin Rivers is the best SG in NBA right now.

No it's not.

- The Anthony Parker joke is getting a little bit old, you are always using that.

Too bad it's true though. He's without question one of the greatest Euroleague players of all time.

Maga_1
09-16-2011, 08:15 PM
No it's not.

Too bad it's true though. He's without question one of the greatest Euroleague players of all time.

You know that i was joking in that Austin Rivers thing.
He's not GOAT, he's like a top 10 ever .. and even that i don't know.

nycelt84
09-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I thought that there was an international forum for posts like this? Why isn't this thread and other similar ones moved there?

niko
09-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I like how his trolling has evolved as people ignore his stupidity. Who wants to bet he just goes full racist US SUCKS soon?

Inactive
09-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I like how his trolling has evolved as people ignore his stupidity. Who wants to bet he just goes full racist US SUCKS soon?What's racist about saying "US SUCKS"? Aren't there players of African descent, in Europe?

bballer
09-16-2011, 10:31 PM
tl;dr

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm just going by actual results.

2008 Olympics = 1st round exit.

2010 FIBA WC = 1st round exit.

Greece has not played well in the last two International competitions, and nothing points to them improving. I don't even consider them part of the elite anymore. They are a 2nd tier International team now until they can prove otherwise by actually producing results in International competition.

You are a liar. Greece did not have first round exits at those tournaments.

A full Greece is the only team that can beat Team USA. You are a 2nd tier poster until you can show that you know anything at all about basketball.

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 02:58 AM
All of their good players are old and they don't have any good young players greece is not even a good team anymore. They suck.

Zisis - 28
Spanoulis - 29
Fotsis - 30
Bourousis - 27
Schortsanitis - 26
Koufos - 22
Calathes - 22
Bramos - 24
Printezis - 26
Vasilopoulis - 27
Vasileiaidis - 27
Mavrokefalidis - 27

This is the likely Greek team in 2012. Yeah, all of their players are "old".
:rolleyes:

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 03:00 AM
You know that i was joking in that Austin Rivers thing.
He's not GOAT, he's like a top 10 ever .. and even that i don't know.

He's top 10 MAYBE of the last decade. No way in hell is he top 10 of all time.

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 03:01 AM
I thought that there was an international forum for posts like this? Why isn't this thread and other similar ones moved there?

So I guess from now on all Team USA threads must be moved to that section also. Since Team USA has nothing to do with the NBA.

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 03:02 AM
- This year scouts from many NBA teams approached McCallaeb but his agent told them that he wanted a guaranteed contract with (i don't know the exactly amount of money), so they rejected.

McCalebb's asking price is $3 million per season. The same amount he makes in Siena.

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 03:02 AM
What's racist about saying "US SUCKS"? Aren't there players of African descent, in Europe?

niko has the IQ of an ant. Just ignore him.

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 03:04 AM
No it's not.

Williams cannot be considered the best player in Europe when he plays in the second level competition. Never has a Eurocup player been considered the best player in Europe. Williams will NOT be considered the best player in Europe next season, whether you like it or not.

Anthony Parker averaged more points in the NBA playoffs than he did in the Euroleague.

Anthony Parker is without question one of the greatest NBA players of all time.

sagr32
09-17-2011, 03:38 AM
Williams cannot be considered the best player in Europe when he plays in the second level competition. Never has a Eurocup player been considered the best player in Europe. Williams will NOT be considered the best player in Europe next season, whether you like it or not.

Anthony Parker averaged more points in the NBA playoffs than he did in the Euroleague.

He could be playing in the european women's league for all it matters and he will still be considered the best player playing in europe. whether he faces europes top tier talent or not. LMAO at a top3 PG in the NBA not being the best player in europe

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 03:57 AM
He could be playing in the european women's league for all it matters and he will still be considered the best player playing in europe. whether he faces europes top tier talent or not. LMAO at a top3 PG in the NBA not being the best player in europe

He is NOT considered the top player in Europe. No one in Europe considers a Eurocup player the best player in Europe.

DEAL WITH IT.

tommy3
09-17-2011, 04:03 AM
He is NOT considered the top player in Europe. No one in Europe considers a Eurocup player the best player in Europe.

DEAL WITH IT.
Explain to me how does it matter in what cup or league you play if you're the clear-cut best player? You are practically saying if he played in the Euroleague he wouldn't be the best player there, which is false.

Go Getter
09-17-2011, 04:05 AM

:facepalm

Logic fail.

tommy3
09-17-2011, 04:27 AM

:lol :lol :lol :lol

alenleomessi
09-17-2011, 04:33 AM
too bad they wont beat macedonia,lithuania,russia or puerto rico to make the olympics

Maga_1
09-17-2011, 04:38 AM
McCalebb's asking price is $3 million per season. The same amount he makes in Siena.

But a 3rd string PG in NBA don't get that contract for sure, that's my point.

Maga_1
09-17-2011, 04:41 AM
About Deron Williams, FOR ME he's not the best player in Europe currently just because he didn't play a game in european system .. just that !
What if he injured himself in his first game and his season is done? He's the best player in Europe without playing? :lol

About Anthony Parker, i rest my case. I'm don't have aknowleadge to talk about top 10 ever in Euroleague, i just started watching in early 00'.

chains5000
09-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Deron Williams is a clear cut candidate for best player in Europe, but how can you give him the award when he's not gonna play against the best teams and players?
Imagine this situation: the NBA teams only play against teams of their own division before the playoffs. Would you say a player averaging the best stats in the league in a shitty division is the best? I bet you'd like to see him against better teams, right?

All Net
09-17-2011, 05:22 AM
Nobody is scared of Greece a certainly not a full strength US team

tommy3
09-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Nobody is scared of Greece a certainly not a full strength US team
IMO 2010 USA team > Any other national team in the world. Spain still wouldn't beat that team.

alenleomessi
09-17-2011, 05:49 AM
IMO 2010 USA team > Any other national team in the world. Spain still wouldn't beat that team.
yup i agree

also i dont think a team full of international superstars can beat 2012 team usa

LJJ
09-17-2011, 06:08 AM

Get back to me when Anthony Parker wins back-to-back MVP's in the NBA, like he did in the Euroleague. The only player in Euroleague history to win back-to-back MVPs.

Vienceslav
09-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Eurobasket = hardest internation tournament? :eek:
You just went full retard.

chains5000
09-17-2011, 07:37 AM
If he means the overall level is the best, he may be right. Obviously USA is the best team, and Argentina's great too, but there's a lot of teams from around the world that bring the level down.
It's the same as in soccer, the European championship's got a better overall level, due to not having some Asian or African teams that aren't as good as some European or American teams that don't qualify.

But I really doubt this was what Lakas meant.

R.I.P.
09-17-2011, 07:51 AM
If he means the overall level is the best, he may be right. Obviously USA is the best team, and Argentina's great too, but there's a lot of teams from around the world that bring the level down.
It's the same as in soccer, the European championship's got a better overall level, due to not having some Asian or African teams that aren't as good as some European or American teams that don't qualify.

The Americas are pretty close with USA, Argentina, Brazil, Puerto Rico and Dom Rep., but it

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Deron Williams is a clear cut candidate for best player in Europe, but how can you give him the award when he's not gonna play against the best teams and players?
Imagine this situation: the NBA teams only play against teams of their own division before the playoffs. Would you say a player averaging the best stats in the league in a shitty division is the best? I bet you'd like to see him against better teams, right?

Exactly. These NBA only fans are idiots.

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Get back to me when Anthony Parker wins back-to-back MVP's in the NBA, like he did in the Euroleague. The only player in Euroleague history to win back-to-back MVPs.

Wow an award that existed since 2005................and you use the word "history"

:roll: :lol :oldlol: :rolleyes:

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 10:50 PM

1. EuroBasket

It is the best and hardest competition. This is common and basic basketball knowledge 101.

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 10:54 PM

EuroBasket is way harder than the Olympics, where you have 3 games that are 30-40 point blowouts right on your group stage schedule.

Americans are totally delusional in how they think the Olympics is as hard a competition as the EuroBasket.

Slovenia, Serbia, Turkey, Germany teams like that could not even make it past top 7 finish at EuroBasket. It is way harder a tournament than the Olympics, which is just totally overrated because Americans and NBA fans just hype it up like they do anything they think is NBA related.

Euroleague
09-17-2011, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]The Americas are pretty close with USA, Argentina, Brazil, Puerto Rico and Dom Rep., but it

Positive
09-17-2011, 11:04 PM
EuroBasket is way harder than the Olympics, where you have 3 games that are 30-40 point blowouts right on your group stage schedule.

Americans are totally delusional in how they think the Olympics is as hard a competition as the EuroBasket.

Slovenia, Serbia, Turkey, Germany teams like that could not even make it past top 7 finish at EuroBasket. It is way harder a tournament than the Olympics, which is just totally overrated because Americans and NBA fans just hype it up like they do anything they think is NBA related.
Remember when you said it was the World Championships that were the most important and had the highest amount of competition. I recall you saying that Americans could never win it because everyone else viewed this as the most important tournament. But then the Americans won with their B/C team and now it becomes EuroBasket that is the toughest?

Euroleague
09-18-2011, 04:39 AM
Remember when you said it was the World Championships that were the most important and had the highest amount of competition. I recall you saying that Americans could never win it because everyone else viewed this as the most important tournament. But then the Americans won with their B/C team and now it becomes EuroBasket that is the toughest?

I never said World Championship was harder than EuroBasket. I said it was harder than Olympics.

World Championship is harder to win than Olympics because pretty much all the best teams are there. In the Olympics only a small amount are there.

So World Championship is harder than the Olympics, as they both have also really weak teams as well. EuroBasket is another story.

There is no USA but other than that the tournament is a freaking war. It is by far the most difficult and hardest competition and ask any player that played in all 3 and they say the same thing. That EuroBasket is way more tougher of a tournament than Olympics and World Championship.

These are just simply facts of international basketball. Olympics is the #3 tournament in terms of the level of the competition. It is #1 in terms of hype because it is the Olympics and because of NBA marketing.

EuroBasket is an extremely hard tournament. Spain has 2 wins in their entire history and just would have 3 if they beat France. France as far as I remember I don't even think they ever won it at all.

Of course according to American NBA fans - they probably think they each have like 15 gold medals at EuroBasket due to "all those NBA players".

And really, this is just exaggerated now. Because in the past, Argentina was a power so the Olympics at least had them also. But today, Argentina is a worse team than a whole bunch of European teams that did not even qualify.

So the disparity in the EuroBasket and Olympics is even widening.

RazorBaLade
09-18-2011, 05:27 AM
timofey mosgov Goat big man

Positive
09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I never said World Championship was harder than EuroBasket. I said it was harder than Olympics.

World Championship is harder to win than Olympics because pretty much all the best teams are there. In the Olympics only a small amount are there.

So World Championship is harder than the Olympics, as they both have also really weak teams as well. EuroBasket is another story.

There is no USA but other than that the tournament is a freaking war. It is by far the most difficult and hardest competition and ask any player that played in all 3 and they say the same thing. That EuroBasket is way more tougher of a tournament than Olympics and World Championship.

These are just simply facts of international basketball. Olympics is the #3 tournament in terms of the level of the competition. It is #1 in terms of hype because it is the Olympics and because of NBA marketing.

EuroBasket is an extremely hard tournament. Spain has 2 wins in their entire history and just would have 3 if they beat France. France as far as I remember I don't even think they ever won it at all.

Of course according to American NBA fans - they probably think they each have like 15 gold medals at EuroBasket due to "all those NBA players".

And really, this is just exaggerated now. Because in the past, Argentina was a power so the Olympics at least had them also. But today, Argentina is a worse team than a whole bunch of European teams that did not even qualify.

So the disparity in the EuroBasket and Olympics is even widening.
So you're saying that since EuroBasket is missing some bad teams, it makes it a better competition than one that includes all of the best teams? It might be more competitive on a game to game basis but the other tournaments probably have a higher level of competition overall.

PS: Argentina and Brazil are much better than 90% of the teams in EuroBasket.

Grinder
07-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Greece qualified to the 2012 Olympics Qualification Tournament. They made it through the hardest tournament to qualify through by far (FIBA EuroBasket).

Greece will now qualify through the 2012 Olympics Qualification Tournament next summer and will be at the Olympics Basketball Tournament for the third straight time (2004, 2008, 2012).

Great call. :applause:

:roll:

Punpun
07-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Tremendous jinx.

:applause:

EsnareYourHeart
07-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Lithuania, Nigeria and Russia advance to London now~

Group A: Lithuania, Tunisia, USA, France, Nigeria, Argentina

Group B: China, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Spain

LJJ
07-09-2012, 04:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrAkWhmBoF8&t=7m59s

Get that weak shit out of here! - Derrick Obasohan

bluechox2
08-04-2012, 01:04 PM
:applause:

RoundMoundOfReb
08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Lmao

Sakkreth
08-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Lol indeed.

kobron23
08-05-2012, 07:33 PM
greek f@ggot got his shit pushed in. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nick Young
08-06-2012, 09:16 AM

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

CavaliersFTW
06-06-2013, 01:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVTW4jWifKU

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

USA setting RECORDS against weak Nigeria. Nigeria beat Greece. :roll:

Sakkreth
06-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Sorry but Lithuania clearly superior to Greece, u bragged about attending two olympcis in a row, (third didn't happen after all), but Lithuania attended all of them since independence and made top4 in all but one of them.