View Full Version : Pacquiao V Mayweather

Marv_Albert
09-19-2011, 04:47 AM
Will it happen?

When will it happen?

Who you got?

Lebron23
09-19-2011, 04:48 AM
My Heart said Manny Pacquiao. I want to see him beat Floyd, but Floyd's style is all wrong for Manny Pacquiao.

My Mind and Pocket said Floyd Mayweather Jr.

If Pacquiao don't end Marquez in the earlier rounds. I am going to put my money on Mayweather on Fight night. 2008 JMM was probably the last pure counter puncher that Pacquiao had fought.

Some of the Pac fans were not even impressed in his last fight because he was too nice to Shane Mosley. I hope Pacquiao become a merciless assassin when he fight the best defensive boxer in the world today.

Roach needs to hire some good counter punchers to mimicked Mayweather during their training camp.

magic chiongson
09-19-2011, 04:51 AM
it aint happening the way floyd's been acting :hammerhead:

Marv_Albert
09-19-2011, 04:53 AM
it aint happening the way floyd's been acting :hammerhead:

Floyds Wildin Out!

donald_trump
09-19-2011, 05:14 AM
i would not be shocked that if they do fight, and floyd wins, we'll hear how pacquiao was over the hill and would have beat floyd had they fought earlier.

lets be honest, the haters wont just go away after he beats manny, they'll just find new excuses.

dunksby
09-19-2011, 06:27 AM
i would not be shocked that if they do fight, and floyd wins, we'll hear how pacquiao was over the hill and would have beat floyd had they fought earlier.

lets be honest, the haters wont just go away after he beats manny, they'll just find new excuses.
By haters you mean Manny's fans right? :facepalm
And dont worry your boy Floyd is too concerned with his undefeated record to endanger it by fighting Pacman.

Joshumitsu
09-19-2011, 10:43 AM
My Heart said Manny Pacquiao. I want to see him beat Floyd, but Floyd's style is all wrong for Manny Pacquiao.

My Mind and Pocket said Floyd Mayweather Jr.

This.

brownmamba00
09-19-2011, 12:24 PM
And dont worry your boy Floyd is too concerned with his undefeated record to endanger it by fighting Pacman.
This. Floyd needs to grow some balls

nathanjizzle
09-19-2011, 12:56 PM
if mayweather takes another 16 months off for another fight, then its clear he doesnt intend to fight pacquaio and will retire soon.

if they were to fight then i believe mayweather will win. His defense is to solid for pacquaio.

johndeeregreen
09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Will it happen?
No.

When will it happen?
n/a

Who you got?
Mayweather.

bada bing
09-19-2011, 02:05 PM
will it happen and when? eventually. the money is just too much for these guys to skip on.

who do i have? Pacquiao

The way I see it, once fight one happens, expect to see another one. We may see a split between the two.

GOBB
09-19-2011, 02:15 PM
There is no one from 147 on down that can see Floyd Jr. Heck I'd go as far as 154. If you want a chance at beating Floyd? See him after 3yrs.

JaskoX1
09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Why is everyone riding the Pacquiao train all of a sudden? All he does is face wash-ups Mayweather has already beaten.

GOBB
09-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Why is everyone riding the Pacquiao train all of a sudden? All he does is face wash-ups Mayweather has already beaten.

People have been riding with Pacquiao for a couple years now. 2-3. Its not suddenly thats for sure.

B
09-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Why is everyone riding the Pacquiao train all of a sudden? All he does is face wash-ups Mayweather has already beaten.When you have a fighter like Mayweather that has fought 40 plus fights in his career it's almost impossible to find ranked fighters that Mayweather hasn't fought. If Pacquiao finds some tomato can to fight that Mayweather never did then you'd be screaming that Pac only fights no names. Fact is Pac can move up or down only some much in weight and those classes are not littered with contender level talent.

Just like when Ali, Frazier, Norton, Spinks the Quary brothers and crowd were fighting over the years. They basically just kept beating on each other with the occasional tune up fight tossed in because when you reach a certain level it's hard to find people willing to climb into the ring with you and even harder to find promoters willing to put the money into promoting a fight with a no name.

DuMa
09-19-2011, 05:35 PM
whats the deadline for this fight to happen before they both fall out of their prime?

Gunnin4HoLeS
09-19-2011, 06:07 PM
whats the deadline for this fight to happen before they both fall out of their prime?
The Roy Jones JR Bernard Hopkins rule

Flash88
09-19-2011, 07:29 PM
whats the deadline for this fight to happen before they both fall out of their prime? Floyd's got one or two years left in terms of being physically able to compete near his best.

I personally believe that at age 35 or so, a fighter's reflexes really begin to diminish precipitously.

Lebron23
11-25-2013, 01:12 AM
We might see this fight happen next year. After Pacquiao vs. Bradley II.

L.Kizzle
11-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Bob Arum has to die first, Mayweather is not doing business with him. Or Manny needs to go to Golden Boy. It's better fights for him over at GB even if Mayweather fight doesn't happen.

At Top rank, only fights available are Marquez, Bradley rematches. Then a tier below with a Rios rematch, Ruslan and Alvarado.

At Golden Boy he can take his pick between:

Canelo
Danny Garcia - 140 champ
Adrien Broner - 147 champ
Robert Guerrero
Lucas Mattyhsse
Marcos Maidana
Zab Judah
Austin Trout
Erislanda Lara
Lamont Peterson - 140 champ
Devon Alexander - 147 champ

CelticBaller
11-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Mayweather is going to tear that ass up now, I wanted to see peak Pacquiao :(

PistonsFan#21
11-25-2013, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller]Mayweather is going to tear that ass up now, I wanted to see peak Pacquiao :([/QUOTE

Mayweather is not in his prime either but still the best in the sport by a pretty good margin. Just goes to show how amazing he really is