swi7ch
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
NBA 2K12 news discussion!

The game comes out in early October!

We've played it already, and it felt FANTASTIC and like an AMAZING game

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-2k12.jpg

Rake2204
09-20-2011, 11:47 AM
The demo was released this morning for XBox360 (and PS3 later today). It's completely bare bones: two teams (Heat vs. Mavs), user must use the Mavs, one 4-minute quarter, no announcers. However, the pre-game presentation is pretty darn legit (and unique).

After the jump ball, it'll look an awful lot like 2K11. But even though it's just a demo, the game itself sort of has that feel of one of those classic albums that sort of unravels its greatness to you over time. It doesn't hit a lot of people in the face right away with a "catchy chorus" so to speak. And it definitely didn't give me a "WOW" type of feeling immediately. But as I continue to play (three quarters thus far) more and more changes begin to become apparent and I become more and more impressed.

For starters, the AI is much more unique in the moves they're willing to pull off. LeBron and Wade play much more aggressively with much deeper access to the game's moves arsenal. The post-game and ballhandling seems to have quadrupled with options and combo possibilities. Even things like off-ball light deny defense (utilizing the right stick) feel great.

Here is a video of a user going nuts with Dirk Nowitzki in the demo. One of my criticisms is some of the post animation combos yield awkward transitions and/or feet movement. However, still looking pretty cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnT6kdRYj4c&feature=player_embedded

Dirk Game-winner (after LBJ choke): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSu4X5JlmT8&feature=player_embedded

Full Demo Quarter (Intro included): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARG-O0g_sr4&feature=player_embedded#!

MeLO MvP 15
09-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Played the demo and I'm really impressed with the minor improvements (and major post changes). I just had one huge problem, the 2nd time I played (1 quarter isn't enough!) for some reason after a defensive 3 second Dirk went to the line and I couldn't shoot a FT. He just stood their in the motion and I couldn't do anything besides restart the game.

Three huge improvements I rly noticed in the demo:
1. The players' weights are much improved.
2. Post game re-done
3. CPU intelligence is way more realistic (I was amazed how the offense was identical to the HEAT's in real life)

I can't wait for this actual game. Those My player improvements will make this game near perfect. I also feel like that legend mode (with a current NBA player) will be amazing. Also anyone else notice the new warm ups? I guess those are the new warm ups for this year, considering that its usually accurate with those things.

All Net
09-20-2011, 02:48 PM
When is it out?

swi7ch
09-20-2011, 03:26 PM
When is it out?

Oct 4th is the release date but the demo's out today.

Clippersfan86
09-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Played the demo and I'm really impressed with the minor improvements (and major post changes). I just had one huge problem, the 2nd time I played (1 quarter isn't enough!) for some reason after a defensive 3 second Dirk went to the line and I couldn't shoot a FT. He just stood their in the motion and I couldn't do anything besides restart the game.

Three huge improvements I rly noticed in the demo:
1. The players' weights are much improved.
2. Post game re-done
3. CPU intelligence is way more realistic (I was amazed how the offense was identical to the HEAT's in real life)

I can't wait for this actual game. Those My player improvements will make this game near perfect. I also feel like that legend mode (with a current NBA player) will be amazing. Also anyone else notice the new warm ups? I guess those are the new warm ups for this year, considering that its usually accurate with those things.

Dude glad you are impressed. Wait till you see all the improvements in the full version of game. You've been in the 2K12 thread so I'm sure you know there have been literally hundreds, maybe thousands of improvements. Going to be so amazing.. BTW PS3 demo still isn't out :( . Let me know if you PS3 guys see the demo up.

Kblaze8855
09-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I like the improved charge animations and how they let you slide a lot more.

Dave3
09-28-2011, 07:31 PM
All of them are too high. 2k has a tendency to overrate players like crazy. If Jordan is a 99, then players like Kareem and 2001 Shaq should be 98/99, with Bird/Wilt being 97. That would make players like 2009 LeBron 97, meaning current LeBron would be 94 or 95 max now. It would also mean current Kobe is closer to 91 and current Wade also at 94 or 95 like LeBron.

32MJ32
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
*Chair umpire leans into mic*

Game, Pegasus

*Crowd applauds*

kaiiu
09-28-2011, 08:26 PM
98 seems a lil to high. There must be a catch to it like he can only be a 98 for like 3 quarters in order to substain that level. Pretty much useless after the 3rd:lol

NBAller
09-28-2011, 08:29 PM
98 seems a lil to high. There must be a catch to it like he can only be a 98 for like 3 quarters in order to substain that level. Pretty much useless after the 3rd:lol

You'd think doing the same thing over and over gets boring........but nope, not when it comes to hating on the best SF in the league. AMIRITE, kaiiu?

kaiiu
09-28-2011, 08:30 PM
You'd think doing the same thing over and over gets boring........but nope, not when it comes to hating on the best SF in the league. AMIRITE, kaiiu?
:wtf: when have I ever hated on Duran tor Melo

pauk
09-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I heard that the game is designed in a way that Lebron automatically comes out of games before fourth quarters.

But don't worry, I've already got the cheat code to stop it, which is pauksuckslebronsdick. But even then he doesn't take any shots and the ball literally turns into a potato with smoke coming out of it whenever Lebron touches it.
:rolleyes:

pauk
09-28-2011, 08:36 PM
1. Kobe fan buys the game

2. Kobe fan launches the game and compares Lebrons & Kobes ratings

3. Kobe fan says "fak this ***!!!!#"#"#((=#)%(!!!"

4. Kobe fan edits Kobes rating to 99 and drops Lebron to 1

5. Kobe fan with big smile

kaiiu
09-28-2011, 08:38 PM

(=

L.Kizzle
09-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Why the hell is Chris Bosh an 80?

D-Wade316
09-28-2011, 08:50 PM
:wtf: CP3 and Dwight at 93? Both should be 95. Kobe should have a rating of 91-92. He is not even top 5.

L.Kizzle
09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
:wtf: CP3 and Dwight at 93? Both should be 95. Kobe should have a rating of 91-92. He is not even top 5.
I mean if Chris Bosh is an 80, wth is Carlos Boozer's rating a 74?

RRR3
09-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Clearly they had LeBron confused with Brian Scalabrine.

ThaSwagg3r
09-28-2011, 08:58 PM
98 in the first 3 quarters, 56 in the 4th quarter and the finals for LeBron.

ballup
09-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Clearly they had LeBron confused with Brian Scalabrine.
:no: Scal is like Chuck Norris, his abilities are far too great to be quantified, especially by a single number.

RRR3
09-28-2011, 09:03 PM
:no: Scal is like Chuck Norris, his abilities are far too great to be quantified, especially by a single number.
True. Some Scal facts:

*Brian Scalabrine knows that there ARE four pointers. For the well-being of the NBA, he didn't tell this to Antoine Walker.
*Brian Scalabrine shoots his free throws from half court.
*Brian Scalabrine can dunk on both hoops simultaneously.
*Brian Scalabrine has a 44 foot vertical.
*Brian Scalabrine has had sex with every woman who ever existed.

D-Wade316
09-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Yep. They failed us once again.

Scratchs
09-28-2011, 09:19 PM
True. Some Scal facts:

*Brian Scalabrine knows that there ARE four pointers. For the well-being of the NBA, he didn't tell this to Antoine Walker.
*Brian Scalabrine shoots his free throws from half court.
*Brian Scalabrine can dunk on both hoops simultaneously.
*Brian Scalabrine has a 44 foot vertical.

Yep, with your mother .. twice !

Maniak
09-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Fourth quarter hurr durr.

D-Wade316
09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Kobe's game isn't built on all-around. He should be scoring.

JGXEN
09-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Wait, now we can play different NBA players in my player mode?? SWEETTTTT

TylerOO
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
perfect ratings, but i would put kobe at like 87, old as dirt now

Phong
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
True. Some Scal facts:

*Brian Scalabrine is a champion. LeBron is not.:cheers:

G-Funk
09-28-2011, 10:07 PM
I know this is not Lebron Finals rating! lol

MeLO MvP 15
09-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Damn I can't wait to play that becoming a legend mode (like the one thats shown in the Kobe pic).

Hondo
09-29-2011, 05:38 AM

Also:
*Brian Scalabrine displays his alpha male status once a week by randomly selecting one NBA player to have sex with. Brian Scalabrine is not gay, but likes to show 'em who's top dog (excuse the pun).

rodman91
09-29-2011, 06:04 AM
What was prime Kobe's rating in 2k series?

I think its quite right..Lebron's rebounding,passing and athletism must give him higher points.

Anyway, it doesn't mean easier to play with.Signature moves and stuff like that is important as well. Also how you like prefer to play.

We must see Lebron's post move rating for fair judgement.

Noof
09-29-2011, 06:11 AM
I saw a video with everybody's ratings (can't seem to find it right now) and I think Boozer was a 77. They seem to have made almost everybody worse, even young players who are only going to improve like Blake and Curry. They really ****ed up some ratings too. Drew Gooden has like 91 Shot Medium. :wtf: And Kobe's Shot Medium was in the 70's.

knightfall88
09-29-2011, 06:22 AM
overall rating that takes into account vertical, athletcism, strength, speed etc. So without a doubt Lebron has to have the highest rating. Which makes even more pathetic that a gifted 98 player can't even get one ring.

RazorBaLade
09-29-2011, 06:34 AM
implying ratings matter

all about who has the easier shot

but

if we assume 98 is best player in nba, where would bron/kobe/rank? how off are the t10 rankingsin the game?

Noof
09-29-2011, 06:47 AM
implying ratings matter

all about who has the easier shot

but

if we assume 98 is best player in nba, where would bron/kobe/rank? how off are the t10 rankingsin the game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PuNXKYHPIU&NR=1

You can't see their overall ratings but that doesn't really matter, u can still see the order of the top 10.

Lol @ Lebron having a better midrange jumper rating than Kobe and Durant.

ukballer
09-29-2011, 07:02 AM
1. VIDEO GAME FORUM. Use it guys, it's a nice place.

2. Overall ratings don't mean jack, for ANY player. You need to look at the specific categories and their ratings.

alenleomessi
09-29-2011, 07:05 AM
f*ck the ratings i will edit griffin 95

MeLO MvP 15
09-29-2011, 07:11 AM
The ratings are just an average of all his stats. That's why Dirk (and to an extent Bosh) have such low rankings, they have really good parts of their games but they have a few categories like steals, blocks, athleticism/vertical, speed, etc that aren't that high so it really brings down their average. Where as LeBron has every stat high so his average is extremely high.

rodman91
09-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Medium shots:
Lebron 86
Kobe 78
Wade 73
Durant 85.
Rose 77
Anthony 90
Amare 89
Gasol 87
Nash 80
Tim D 82
J.Smith 80
Garnett 93
Millsap 86

So,Medium shot ranking...

Garnett>Anthony>Amare>Gasol>Millsap=Lebron>Durant>Duncan>Nash=Josh Smith>Kobe>Rose>Wade.

Batz
09-29-2011, 08:18 AM

I actually put both 99. If you don't they're avgs through the season are laughable. Lebron would be like 19/6/5 and Kobe would be 21/4/4. Guys like Wade, Howard, Paul, Deron, Durant are usually like that aswell.

Oh and Pauk, look at the age. Now turn that smile back into a :hammerhead: .

IamSofaKing
09-29-2011, 10:25 AM
What i wanna know is why Kobe's midrange is a 78 while Gasol is a 87 and Matt Carroll is a 93 :wtf:

DRose1899
09-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Josh smith med shot is better than kobe, rose, n wade :facepalm:
WTF with that?

its friggin' josh smith, the worst shooter just behind rondo in the L.

juju151111
09-29-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PuNXKYHPIU&NR=1

You can't see their overall ratings but that doesn't really matter, u can still see the order of the top 10.

Lol @ Lebron having a better midrange jumper rating than Kobe and Durant.
Last year he did I think. They use 82gms stats

NBAller
09-29-2011, 01:35 PM
LeBron - 98
Wade - 96
Kobe - 94
Dwight - 93
Cp3 - 93
Durant - 92
Rose - 92
Melo - 91
Deron - 90
STAT/Russell - 88

Dirk - 85 (WTF?!?!?!!?!?!!?) They couldn't even give him one for winning the championships leaving him at the same place he was in 2k11, pathetic.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/home/blogs/article?offset=2&urn=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cyhoo%3A20050301% 3Anba%2Carticle%2Cyhoo-ept_sports_nba_experts-wp8836%3A1&.ts=1317161621&.ysid=k5gX7Wrs0B4qSQr9xArJqPMX&.intl=US&.lang=en

Kobe being 3rd best is arguable, Dirk being disrespected is unreal, I'm glad that they at least got Cp3>Rose.

MeLO MvP 15
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
This is my post regarding the subject from another thread:

The ratings are just an average of all his stats. That's why Dirk (and to an extent Bosh) have such low rankings, they have really good parts of their games but they have a few categories like steals, blocks, athleticism/vertical, speed, etc that aren't that high so it really brings down their average. Where as LeBron has every stat high so his average is extremely high.

Kblaze8855
09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Going skill by skill...the only things you could rank Dirk highly at is shooting and if you have to find another one...offensive awareness. Thats it. Hes not a rebounder much anymore. Hes not a high level defender on or off the ball. hes not very athletic. His passing is good for a bigman but not...guard good.

You give him high shooting ratings and do the rest honestly hes not having a high rating. Not sure what people fail to see there. Want them to pretend a guy getting 6-7 rebounds a game is a top rebounder? Make him faster than he is? Make him a top flight shot blocker? What?

What would they do to bump up his overall rating that isnt just lying about his ability? They gave him 99 mid range and close. What else can they do?

kentatm
09-29-2011, 01:50 PM
doesnt really matter.

i can kill it with Dirk all day on 2K

hell, you can tear people up with a guy like Deshawn Stevenson if you learn how to use him properly.

NBAller
09-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Going skill by skill...the only things you could rank Dirk highly at is shooting and if you have to find another one...offensive awareness. Thats it. Hes not a rebounder much anymore. Hes not a high level defender on or off the ball. hes not very athletic. His passing is good for a bigman but not...guard good.

You give him high shooting ratings and do the rest honestly hes not having a high rating. Not sure what people fail to see there. Want them to pretend a guy getting 6-7 rebounds a game is a top rebounder? Make him faster than he is? Make him a top flight shot blocker? What?

What would they do to bump up his overall rating that isnt just lying about his ability? They gave him 99 mid range and close. What else can they do?

Shot inside, close, medium, 3pt, low post, freethrow, layup, dunk, standing dunk, shoot in traffic, he has some handles, off hand dribbling, ball security, pass, on ball defense isn't terrible, as u said offensive awareness, his defensive awareness isn't horrible, offensive clutch, consistency, stamina, durability, emotion.

none of those have gotten any better is what whoever made the game is telling me, i call bullshit.

besides all of that, who doesn't have dirk in their top10 besides 2k12?

Kblaze8855
09-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Why would any of those get better? He prove himself to be a better off hand dribbler in the playoffs? Look like a great standing dunker?

They gave him 99s in what he did in the playoffs. 99s. Who else is a 99 in anything other than consistency and maybe guys like Kidd or Nash in offensive awareness?

You use dirk in the demo? He doesnt miss. I could drop 50 at will with him in 2k11 just off fadeaways in the high post. And they made him better. And his 3s go in this year. They made him better.

They dont need to bump up his overall by lying about what hes good at. hes the best shooter in the game I bet. They dont need to do anything else.

MELOgamaniac
09-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Dirk is rated fairly...he is not good enough to be any higher...his strong suits are shooting from anyhere on the court, FT shooting, O awarness, some clutchness, and bball iq...everything else he is below average or average at especially for his position.
he is weak rebounder for a 4, cant play D, has ok handles, is not young so he cant gather points on the potential rating like durant does, does not block shots well, is not a supreme athetle, not fast nor quick , cant jump high,

for ex. Most people will state dirk > bosh..but when u break down individual skill in categories, they not that far apart. Dirk is better in proally every offensive category but that margins are not mind blowingly apart, and bosh, is younger, more athletic, faster, etc. and thats why they ratings arent majorily apart. 85 to 80

NBAller
09-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Why would any of those get better? He prove himself to be a better off hand dribbler in the playoffs? Look like a great standing dunker?

They gave him 99s in what he did in the playoffs. 99s. Who else is a 99 in anything other than consistency and maybe guys like Kidd or Nash in offensive awareness?

You use dirk in the demo? He doesnt miss. I could drop 50 at will with him in 2k11 just off fadeaways in the high post. And they made him better. And his 3s go in this year. They made him better.

They dont need to bump up his overall by lying about what hes good at. hes the best shooter in the game I bet. They dont need to do anything else.

If you don't think that any of what I listed should have gotten any better than there's nothing more I can really say.

btw, i'm pretty sure the difficulty on the demo is on rookie. not missing there isn't impressive.

heavensdevil
09-29-2011, 02:15 PM
hell, you can tear people up with a guy like Deshawn Stevenson if you learn how to use him properly.

Agreed. Ratings dont matter too much in 2K. I can guarantee that you can EASILY catch fire and take over a game with Dirk.

EricForman
09-29-2011, 02:18 PM
there are alot of intangibles in real life that that be translated to video game rankings. I'm sure the 2k12 team, if they were actually talking basketball, wouldn't put Dirk below Melo or Amare.

chazzy
09-29-2011, 02:20 PM
People complained about this last year as well, but did anyone actually have a problem playing with him? The reason his overall is low is because his defense/rebounding for his position isn't good, so it's weighted more heavily against him. He's still a beast offensively.

Kblaze8855
09-29-2011, 02:20 PM
So Dirk....at 33....should have his standing dunk improving? He became a better dribbler with his left hand since april? his Ft shooting should go up even though hes shot better in past years? You are just naming random skills they have no reason to improve. Which im guessing is why theydidnt. Its not supposed to be emotional. They arent gonna make Dirk a better standing dunker to boost his overall. They gave him 99s at what he does. All they should do. You should care if he doesnt play well not what his rating is. The rating is skill by skill by position. Dirk does not have many high level power forward skills.

His same numbers as a swingman might make him higher. Who knows? Doesnt matter. They rate him off what he is. Not what you want his final number to be. The final number means nothing on the game anyway. Its just to look at.

NBAller
09-29-2011, 02:21 PM
People complained about this last year as well, but did anyone actually have a problem playing with him? The reason his overall is low is because his defense/rebounding for his position isn't good, so it's weighted more heavily against him. He's still a beast offensively.

They ****ed his shot up in that game like they ****ed his ratings up in this game.

Bigsmoke
09-29-2011, 02:25 PM
How is Dirk overall lower than Melo's?

Dirk real overall score - 95

NBAller
09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
So Dirk....at 33....should have his standing dunk improving? He became a better dribbler with his left hand since april? his Ft shooting should go up even though hes shot better in past years? You are just naming random skills they have no reason to improve. Which im guessing is why theydidnt. Its not supposed to be emotional. They arent gonna make Dirk a better standing dunker to boost his overall. They gave him 99s at what he does. All they should do. You should care if he doesnt play well not what his rating is. The rating is skill by skill by position. Dirk does not have many high level power forward skills.

His same numbers as a swingman might make him higher. Who knows? Doesnt matter. They rate him off what he is. Not what you want his final number to be. The final number means nothing on the game anyway. Its just to look at.

Why did they make Dirks shooting 99 when he has shot better in the past? Why did his shooting go up yet his rating stays the same?

rodman91
09-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Rudy Gay:86
Nowitzki: 85.

Nowitzki probably have superb shooting ratings and he is 7 foot.

Kblaze8855
09-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Shooting probably went up to appease people like you who think overall ratings for a video game are what developers feel about players in real life. To throw you types a bone im guessing. But they arent gonna rebuild the ratings system because someone doesnt understand that overall rating has nothing to do with real life and little to do with how good you are in the game either.

Its just a number. Dirk skill by skill for a powerforward is not a 95 type. hes a scorer. And unlike a number of great scoring 4s hes not even a rebounder or a top flight defender. Hes a scorer. So he got high ratings at things he uses to score.

Beyond that its just asking them to lie for a number you are more comfortable with. Why would they do that?

Their job is to make him play like himself and nothing more. The number is just...a number.

kaiiu
09-29-2011, 03:02 PM
It makes sense to me. Ratings go by all around game more than a players dominance. Dirk really aint that great in anything besides shooting and scoring so his all around rating wont be that high. But I guarantee if u shoot all jumpers wit him u will be a beast.

Dont agree wit Lebrick being a 98 doe, that would mean he was almost perfect in evrything in the game which is a damn lie

EnoughSaid
09-29-2011, 03:04 PM
MJ's a 99. This is how is should be:

MJ - 99
LBJ - 96
Wade - 96
Dwight - 93
CP3 - 92
Durant - 92
Melo - 92
Kobe - 90
Dirk - 89

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and a lot of the legends should be in the high 80's, mid 90's.

Clippersfan86
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Wow you guys need to start reading the 2K12 thread more before crying about the game in the general forum. 2K sent out an email yesterday on the ratings. Explaining that bigman stats like rebounding, shotblocking, post defense are going to affect an overall rating of a PF/C MUCH more than outside shooting and passing etc. Which is why Dirk got an 85 rating.

He doesn't play like a typical bigman so the formula punishes him for it. That being said..... he's going to be a 25+ ppg scorer anyways because his shooting numbers are all high including 99 close and mid.

rodman91
09-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Dirk's shooting..

Inside:88
Close:99
Medium:99
3points:84

7 Foot player with fadeway signature.. He will be unstoppable if you play the way he does.

Kblaze8855
09-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Id like to see what Dirks ratings would be overall for a 2 or 3.

Clippersfan86
09-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Id like to see what Dirks ratings would be overall for a 2 or 3.

High 80's most likely. The Devs said that they essentially had to make Dirk like a bigger SG in terms of stat allocation. Meaning his numbers balance are closer to a SG or SF than a big.

NBAller
09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Wow you guys need to start reading the 2K12 thread more before crying about the game in the general forum. 2K sent out an email yesterday on the ratings. Explaining that bigman stats like rebounding, shotblocking, post defense are going to affect an overall rating of a PF/C MUCH more than outside shooting and passing etc. Which is why Dirk got an 85 rating.

He doesn't play like a typical bigman so the formula punishes him for it. That being said..... he's going to be a 25+ ppg scorer anyways because his shooting numbers are all high including 99 close and mid.

If that's the case I don't see why DRose is a 92, he plays more like a SG in my eyes than a passer/pg.

Clippersfan86
09-29-2011, 03:20 PM
If that's the case I don't see why DRose is a 92, he plays more like a SG in my eyes than a passer.

Rose has far more PG skills than Dirk has bigman skills. That's the difference. Not to mention individually Rose IS the more rounded player to begin with. For example. Ability to score in the paint may be 5 skill points= 1 overall for a PF right? Midrange jumper on the other hand may be a 10 skill point= 1 overall ratio. Which is why Dirk is at an 85. It caught me off guard at first but once I read up on it.. it made complete sense.

Blake Griffin for example would be a perfect PF probably a 95+ rating IF he was a good defender. The formula doesn't value passing and ballhandling really at all for a PF so Blake like Dirk.. is at an 85. They are both very unorthodox and unique players.

Walker
09-29-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm a huge STAT fan but having him rated above Dirk is just.... moronic.

Doesn't matter too much thought, that game doesn't exist in my mind till the lockout ends.

No rookies = FAIL

Heavincent
09-29-2011, 04:39 PM

MJ - 99
LBJ - 96
Wade - 96
Dwight - 93
CP3 - 92
Durant - 92
Melo - 92
Kobe - 90
Dirk - 89

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and a lot of the legends should be in the high 80's, mid 90's.

Balderdash.

Dave3
09-29-2011, 05:00 PM

MJ - 99
LBJ - 96
Wade - 96
Dwight - 93
CP3 - 92
Durant - 92
Melo - 92
Kobe - 90
Dirk - 89

1. MJ shouldn't be 99. He wasn't perfect.

MJ/Kareem/Shaq - 97 (all at their peaks)
2003 Duncan (if he was in there)/Wilt/Hakeem - 96
Russell/2009/2010 LeBron (if he was in there)- 95 (I know he's not a better player than some people ranked below him, but in the ratings he'd be better because there would be nothing he'd be very low in other than maybe post offense/defense)
Ewing/David Robinson/2004 Garnett/2009 Wade/2006 Kobe/Barkley - 94
Bird/Magic (both better players but again will lose points in defense/athleticism despite their dominance otherwise)/Current LeBron/Wade/Malone/Oscar/ -93

I'm probably missing someone obvious in the middle of that.

NBAller
09-29-2011, 05:45 PM

You're probably right.

I was thinking about how Mavs got to the finals, and Dirk playing great seemed like the only answer that would fit considering Butler was injured, and Terry was the #2 option. I'm happy that they fixed how Dirk shoots though, and raised his shooting.

RazorBaLade
09-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Why are people defending that the ratings aren't how good the player is and is some convoluted stat average?

Why does Dirk suffer from not being a great rebounder but Rose doesn't That CLEARLY means they pay attention to the players themselves outside of the stats, they realize that dirk as a big man should be getting rebs and rose as a pg shouldn't. YET, when it comes to the overall rating, they ignore things like flat out effectiveness? And who's the better player?

Not that good of a system. IMO.

Dave3
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Why are people defending that the ratings aren't how good the player is and is some convoluted stat average?

Why does Dirk suffer from not being a great rebounder but Rose doesn't That CLEARLY means they pay attention to the players themselves outside of the stats, they realize that dirk as a big man should be getting rebs and rose as a pg shouldn't. YET, when it comes to the overall rating, they ignore things like flat out effectiveness? And who's the better player?

Not that good of a system. IMO.
Adjusting for rating for position is easy. Adjusting overall ratings by impact is more abstract.

Kblaze8855
09-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Because the only other way to do it would be to pull some number out of your ass that "feels" right then modify the system to match it....which would work...for that one player. But the system needed to make Dirk a 96 would also make guys with more all around games worse since it would have to throw out or greatly reduce how much rebounds and defense count. It would require a different system to rank everyone and its just not reasonable to expect.

The number doesnt matter. Its how good the player plays. Dirk plays better than an 85 so what does his 85 matter?

Really all I can think of is to rank players by what they would be role wise like on my player. If Dirk is classified as a faceup bigman perhaps hes a 95. As a defensive bigman hes a 75 perhaps...but thats not his class. Make Lebron an all around...so maybe hes a 95-96. Make Rose a score first PG so hes a 95 or so. Make Paul a pass first so hes a 97 or so. Make Shaq in his prime a back to the basket scorer so hes a 98. Whatever.

Only way I can think to do it. But they would have to assign a play type to everyone in the game. For no reason at all...but to keep people from complaining about a number that doesnt matter in any way while playing.

DMAVS41
09-29-2011, 06:43 PM
All this does is show why you can't break down players in this way. You will reach faulty conclusions.

sosolid4u09
09-29-2011, 06:50 PM
dirk should be at least 88

NBAller
09-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Because the only other way to do it would be to pull some number out of your ass that "feels" right then modify the system to match it....which would work...for that one player. But the system needed to make Dirk a 96 would also make guys with more all around games worse since it would have to throw out or greatly reduce how much rebounds and defense count. It would require a different system to rank everyone and its just not reasonable to expect.

The number doesnt matter. Its how good the player plays. Dirk plays better than an 85 so what does his 85 matter?

Really all I can think of is to rank players by what they would be role wise like on my player. If Dirk is classified as a faceup bigman perhaps hes a 95. As a defensive bigman hes a 75 perhaps...but thats not his class. Make Lebron an all around...so maybe hes a 95-96. Make Rose a score first PG so hes a 95 or so. Make Paul a pass first so hes a 97 or so. Make Shaq in his prime a back to the basket scorer so hes a 98. Whatever.

Only way I can think to do it. But they would have to assign a play type to everyone in the game. For no reason at all...but to keep people from complaining about a number that doesnt matter in any way while playing.

Exactly why he shouldn't be a 85 man. These ratings are supposed to reflect the players performance. If Jordan was a 85 would you still be saying the same shit? That he plays better than a 85 and that the number doesn't mean nothing? I know that just about every bull fan would be mad as hell and feel the same way I do about Dirks rating.

For christ sake Westbrooks overall is higher than Dirks and he as a inconsistent jumpshot, barely passes the ball. Show me one person that would say Westbrook is better than Dirk overall or that he's simply better than Dirk is. Or would even include him in the top10.

luigi11209
09-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Exactly why he shouldn't be a 85 man. These ratings are supposed to reflect the players performance. If Jordan was a 85 would you still be saying the same shit? That he plays better than a 85 and that the number doesn't mean nothing? I know that just about every bull fan would be mad as hell and feel the same way I do about Dirks rating.

For christ sake Westbrooks overall is higher than Dirks and he as a inconsistent jumpshot, barely passes the ball. Show me one person that would say Westbrook is better than Dirk overall or that he's simply better than Dirk is. Or would even include him in the top10.

Westbrook is good at what a guard is supposed to do. Mid-range, Pass, Speed, Finishing at the rim, Vertical.

Nowitzki is good at shooting............and um, uhh....
His post defense, rebounding, shotblocking, is sup bar which explains his 85.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND??!?!?!???!?!?! He has a friggin 99 mid range? Dirk is the last person people should be complaining about, real 2K players know that he will be one of the most abused players in the game.

RazorBaLade
09-29-2011, 07:18 PM

Heres a system

Close shooting /10
Mid shooting /10
3pt shooting /10
Reb /10
Assists /10
Length /10 (this means, height AND jumping ability)
Stl /10
Blk /10
Efficiency /10
Free throws /10

So here are some players-

Rose...: 9, 9, 6, 3, 10, 7, 2, 1, 5, 8 = 60 (80)

Lebron: 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8, 2, 2, 7, 8 = 73 (93)

Dirk....: 9, 10, 8, 7, 6, 8, 1, 2, 8, 9 = 68 (88)

Dwight: 10, 5, 0, 10, 5, 10, 1, 8, 10, 5 = 64 (84)

Kobe:....9, 10, 8, 5, 5, 7, 2, 2, 7, 8 = 63 (83)

Might not be perfect, might have made a few mistakes.. But I'll be damned if yall don't think thats way more accurate than what is currently in place.

Much more accurate than what is currently in place. If we factored in clutchness, damn, I'd say those are extremely accurate for the NBA.

NBAller
09-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Westbrook is good at what a guard is supposed to do. Mid-range, Pass, Speed, Finishing at the rim, Vertical.

Nowitzki is good at shooting............and um, uhh....
His post defense, rebounding, shotblocking, is sup bar which explains his 85.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND??!?!?!???!?!?! He has a friggin 99 mid range? Dirk is the last person people should be complaining about, real 2K players know that he will be one of the most abused players in the game.

Dwight Howard averaged FOUR rebounds more per game than Dirk last season. Yet Dirk is sub par? smh..

luigi11209
09-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Dwight Howard averaged 7 rebounds more per game than Dirk last season.

You right

MeLO MvP 15
09-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Another thread where the OP swears everyone is crazy is except for him... ugh

NBAller
09-29-2011, 07:24 PM
You right

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/howardw01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nowitdi01.html

NBAller
09-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Another thread where the OP swears everyone is crazy is except for him... ugh

What are you talking about? I just disagree with Dirks ratings, as a few other people agree. don't like it, don't open the thread.

luigi11209
09-29-2011, 07:28 PM
There's no reason to disagree with Dirks rating. He doesn't play like a prototypical Power Forward.

sosolid4u09
09-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Heres a system

Close shooting /10
Mid shooting /10
3pt shooting /10
Reb /10
Assists /10
Length /10 (this means, height AND jumping ability)
Stl /10
Blk /10
Efficiency /10
Free throws /10

So here are some players-

Rose...: 9, 9, 6, 3, 10, 7, 2, 1, 5, 8 = 60 (80)

Lebron: 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8, 2, 2, 7, 8 = 73 (93)

Dirk....: 9, 10, 8, 7, 6, 8, 1, 2, 8, 9 = 68 (88)

Dwight: 10, 5, 0, 10, 5, 10, 1, 8, 10, 5 = 64 (84)

Kobe:....9, 10, 8, 5, 5, 7, 2, 2, 7, 8 = 63 (83)

Might not be perfect, might have made a few mistakes.. But I'll be damned if yall don't think thats way more accurate than what is currently in place.

Much more accurate than what is currently in place. If we factored in clutchness, damn, I'd say those are extremely accurate for the NBA.

that system absolutely SUCKS!
ratings should be weighted according to their position and style of play.
also wheres the stats for athleticism? again these should be weighted for different positions and styles.

i.e. rose shouldn't get penalized for not being a great rebounder just like howard shouldn't be penalized for being a poor passer

NBAller
09-29-2011, 07:30 PM
There's no reason to disagree with Dirks rating. He doesn't play like a prototypical Power Forward.

Well you're right about the 7, I was looking at the career stats instead of last seasons.

Clippersfan86
09-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Well you're right about the 7, I was looking at the career stats instead of last seasons.

:facepalm . 14 rpg vs 7.... HUGE HUGE HUGE difference for a big man. My only question is that if Dirk got hit that hard for being one dimensional why is Durant a 92? It makes sense though if you think about it because Durant is a SF. If we switch Durant to PF with his stats he probably drops to mid-high 80's also.

RazorBaLade
09-29-2011, 07:48 PM
that system absolutely SUCKS!
ratings should be weighted according to their position and style of play.
also wheres the stats for athleticism? again these should be weighted for different positions and styles.

i.e. rose shouldn't get penalized for not being a great rebounder just like howard shouldn't be penalized for being a poor passer

Lol why the **** should rose not be penalized for doing something poorly on the basketball court? There are great passing big men and there are good PG rebounders like rondo and magic.

Athleticism is shown in scoring inside and length/vertical.. Don't need another stat for that imo

sosolid4u09
09-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Lol why the **** should rose not be penalized for doing something poorly on the basketball court? There are great passing big men and there are good PG rebounders like rondo and magic.

because its more important for a centre to be good at rebounding than it is for a point guard! and its more important for a point guard to be good at passing than it is for a centre!

and the weighting of the stats should reflect that!

and duh rondo and magic being good rebounders will be reflected in their stats! im not saying they should have NO credit for being good at rebounding, but certainly less importance should be given to that.

RazorBaLade
09-29-2011, 07:55 PM
because its more important for a centre to be good at rebounding than it is for a point guard! and its more important for a point guard to be good at passing than it is for a centre!

and the weighting of the stats should reflect that!

and duh rondo and magic being good rebounders will be reflected in their stats! im not saying they should have NO credit for being good at rebounding, but certainly less importance should be given to that.

Well I am looking at it from a 100 is the perfect player, and then find out where everyone else fits into that.

Just because we've defined that a center needs to be a great rebounder doesn't mean from a how GOOD is this player stance that being good at passing but being bad at rebounding means he is a bad center.

Maybe when you're building a team or something you have a case, in fact you definitely are correct for building a team. But we're talking about how good someone is, not how much of a good fit are they for the puzzle of putting together a championship team.

I think its totally fair to penalize dwight for not being a good passer, not because he "needs" to be, but because he simply isn't the best player if he isn't a good passer. I think my stats reflect how good they are. Again tho, you're right, in an NBA situation where you have to build around players, the stats might be a little different. but thats not the goal of these stats.

Kblaze8855
09-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Exactly why he shouldn't be a 85 man. These ratings are supposed to reflect the players performance.

No they arent. The players play should reflect his performance. Dirk and Iggy can both be 85s. Dirk plays better onthe game. As he should. The Number helps in no way when you use them.

If Jordan was a 85 would you still be saying the same shit? That he plays better than a 85 and that the number doesn't mean nothing? I know that just about every bull fan would be mad as hell and feel the same way I do about Dirks rating.

For one...you would have to set out to underrated MJ at many things to get his rating that low. It cant be an 85 without you intentionally setting outto make it lower than his skills justifdy. Dirks can. These guys spent months watching and collecting data to rank guys skill by skill and these are the results. They arent saying it shows the best player. It shows the highest combo of individual skills for each position.

And if Jordan is rated a 51...but plays like he did last year...why should I care? Anyone dumb enough to judge a player by his 2k rating? Who would be hurt by his overall rating when he performs better than anyone in the game?

You think that because Josh Smith is an 85 the people at 2k would call them roughly equal players?

You really think thats the case?

If not...what are you even talking about? The people upset are the only ones who even seem to feel the ratings are trying to rank the players as actual players. They arent.

Westbrook being an 88 wont make it easier to play well with him than with Dirk. So what good does it do him?

d.bball.guy
09-29-2011, 08:35 PM
I really don't care lol. I could just adjust shit to make it more realistic

Clippersfan86
09-29-2011, 08:38 PM
I really don't care lol. I could just adjust shit to make it more realistic

I make a few adjustments every year :D . For example on the Clippers... there are a few glaring flaws. Eric Gordon has less than 80 3 point shooting... and only a B outside shooting. DeAndre Jordan is only rated a 65... yet scrubs like Aminu are rated 69? I'll have to alter my team a little bit. Make DJ a 70, Aminu a 65, Eric Gordon's 3 point shooting an 85 or 86... and probably make sure Blake doesn't have an 80 vertical like in 2K11. His vert should be 95 ish.... because in RL it's 40+ supposedly now.

BEAST Griffin
09-29-2011, 11:19 PM
They probably use regular season stats and not postseason stats.

BEAST Griffin
09-29-2011, 11:34 PM
lol Durant higher than Dirk after he shit all over the Thunder and Durant tucked tail

Dave3
09-29-2011, 11:44 PM
lol Durant higher than Dirk after he shit all over the Thunder and Durant tucked tail
It's the distribution of ratings. How can Dirk be a 90+ if his rebounding, post defense, post offense, stealing, blocking, vertical, strength, speed, quickness, defensive awareness, dunking, standing dunk, and layup will all be low?

Durant will probably get more points in on man defense, dunking, layups, under the basket, speed, vertical, and durability (has he ever been injured?).

And before you laugh at the Dirk having low rating for post offense, keep in mind 2K's rating for post offense is separate from post shot. Post offense is strictly footwork, and post shot is ability to make post shots. Dirk doesn't have amazing foot work in the post at all. His skill isn't his arsenal of post moves, it's the fact that he makes any fade away he takes from there, which would fall under the category of post shot.

pauk
09-29-2011, 11:51 PM
LeBron - 98
Wade - 96
Kobe - 94
Dwight - 93
Cp3 - 93
Durant - 92
Rose - 92
Melo - 91
Deron - 90
STAT/Russell - 88

Dirk - 85 (WTF?!?!?!!?!?!!?) They couldn't even give him one for winning the championships leaving him at the same place he was in 2k11, pathetic.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/home/blogs/article?offset=2&urn=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cyhoo%3A20050301% 3Anba%2Carticle%2Cyhoo-ept_sports_nba_experts-wp8836%3A1&.ts=1317161621&.ysid=k5gX7Wrs0B4qSQr9xArJqPMX&.intl=US&.lang=en

Kobe being 3rd best is arguable, Dirk being disrespected is unreal, I'm glad that they at least got Cp3>Rose.

sorry but....

Talent, Skills, Productions > Team Accomplishment

you can average even a 100 point quadruple double and NEVER win a championship, simply because what you had to work with around you (teammates, coach, franchise) was never enough to dominate every other team.....

chazzy
09-29-2011, 11:52 PM
2K12 intro! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkJ6-IsCd4)

d.bball.guy
09-29-2011, 11:55 PM
2K12 intro! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkJ6-IsCd4)
:bowdown::bowdown:

I'm excited!!!!!

Borat
09-30-2011, 12:13 AM
People still dont understand overall ratings after all these years.

:facepalm

Hondo
09-30-2011, 01:16 AM
They should have some extra categories:
-Intangibles
-Leadership
-Clutch(ness)

You can give him 99 in those 3 categories, while someone like LeBron scores a 80, 20 and 20

Sounds fair, would bring their overall numbers closer together.

NBAller
09-30-2011, 01:35 AM
-Intangibles
-Leadership
-Clutch(ness)

You can give him 99 in those 3 categories, while someone like LeBron scores a 80, 20 and 20

Nah those are irrelevant to the PF position bro.

RazorBaLade
09-30-2011, 01:37 AM
sorry but....

Talent, Skills, Productions > Team Accomplishment

you can average even a 100 point quadruple double and NEVER win a championship, simply because what you had to work with around you (teammates, coach, franchise) was never enough to dominate every other team.....

Quick question

How many times has a superstar played stellar in the playoffs and his team lost, versus how many times a superstar played incredibly in the playoffs and his team lost the series?

All Net
09-30-2011, 03:10 AM
[QUOTE]2K Sports chose the iPhone 5 day to launch its multi-platform basketball series on iOS devices. NBA2K12 will be hitting Apple

jleedadj
09-30-2011, 04:09 AM
yes.. no more NBA JAM.

SteveNashMVPcro
09-30-2011, 08:11 AM
**** apple i want this game for android :@

Meticode
09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Interesting, I wonder how the graphics look on the phone.

Meticode
09-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Interesting, I wonder how the graphics look on the phone.
I answered my own question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K1JYf4VoDs

D-Wade316
09-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Lebron - 98
Wade - 98
Dwight - 95
CP3 - 95
Dirk - 91
Durant - 89
Kobe - 88
Carmelo - 87
Rose - 86
Deron - 85

juju151111
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM
-Intangibles
-Leadership
-Clutch(ness)

Clutchness stat is in the game. It's just not in the stat tally thing. Dirk is probably a 95 after last year through. Lebrick a 60 lol

RRR3
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM
People need to stop basing LeBron's "Clutchness" off of one series.:facepalm. He was consistently near the top in "clutch" stats with the Cavs and he sure was "clutch" against the Bulls and the Celtics.

greensborohill
09-30-2011, 12:12 PM
People need to stop basing LeBron's "Clutchness" off of one series.:facepalm. He was consistently near the top in "clutch" stats with the Cavs and he sure was "clutch" against the Bulls and the Celtics.

LeBron has a vagiana

1987_Lakers
09-30-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDMaIJVb2rc&feature=player_embedded#!

:applause:

Clippersfan86
09-30-2011, 01:29 PM
"Better than 2K11 in every way". Some already hailing it the greatest sports game of all time and many many calling it best NBA game of all time.

swi7ch
09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
It plays like an actual game and that makes it soooooooo addicting! For the first time in a bball game I don't have to just jump to grab the rebound but I actually have to box out!

This boggles my mind because that's ultra realistic! :eek:

AirTupac
09-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Not buying. :pimp:

Clippersfan86
09-30-2011, 01:41 PM
It plays like an actual game and that makes it soooooooo addicting! For the first time in a bball game I don't have to just jump to grab the rebound but I actually have to box out!

This boggles my mind because that's ultra realistic! :eek:

Demo or full game?

EricForman
09-30-2011, 02:22 PM
the presentation looks AMAZING

HylianNightmare
09-30-2011, 02:24 PM
looks fantastic

Kellogs4toniee
09-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Enjoys Video Games? Check
Enjoys Basketball? Check

Well meets all my criteria, opening day buy for me for sure.

swi7ch
09-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Demo or full game?
full game

must watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U85dkCRHplM

GOATofGOATS
09-30-2011, 07:15 PM
It looks like an awesome game. When I was playing 2k11 I was thinking how awesome 2k12 is going to be, and all the features I loved in 2k11 were going to be even better in 2k12. I pre-ordered mine earlier this month, hopefully I'll be able to get the one with Magic Johnson on the cover. :cheers:

Replay32
09-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Judging from the demo. The gameplay is so smooth and way more life like in regards to player movements. The ball is more live and we have total shot stick control.

The retail version is definitely gonna be banana's. Classic teams. Shaq and Penny, the 91 warriors, 87 lakers, 98 lakers, 93 bulls... Oh my.

I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I have no doubt it's going to be the ssshhhhhhh. :D

A 9.5 rating isn't surprising at all and i've only played the demo a few times.

jamal99
09-30-2011, 09:04 PM
The game looks so much different on consoles and on PC...

EnoughSaid
09-30-2011, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tevv2eiecCA

:roll: :roll: at Mark Cuban.

d.bball.guy
09-30-2011, 11:07 PM
lol at Cuban and Wilson's hair

andgar923
09-30-2011, 11:09 PM
smh @ Drake's ignorance.

I really hope that was a scripted for him.

mmsupra
10-01-2011, 01:09 AM
full game

must watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U85dkCRHplM
Ok why isn't Dennis Scott in the Magic starting line up?:facepalm

1Time4YourMind
10-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Lol what happened to the NBA Live/"Elite" franchise? are they even releasing a game for this year?

8BeastlyXOIAD
10-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Not buying. :pimp:
:lol

UtahJazzFan88
10-01-2011, 01:32 AM
I really wish they would get rid of Clark Kellogg from the game, and just have Harlan and Steve Kerr.

Walker
10-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Who cares what some "professional" reviewer says about a game. They play them for 1 hour at the absolute most not to mention companies give them perks for good reviews.
Player reviews are the only ones that matter.

kaiteng
10-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Lol what happened to the NBA Live/"Elite" franchise? are they even releasing a game for this year?
EA Sports backed out and "folded" the franchise. They just can't compete with 2K in basketball game right now.

artificial
10-01-2011, 11:25 AM
EA Sports backed out and "folded" the franchise. They just can't compete with 2K in basketball game right now.
EA is planning to have their NBA game (whatever name they decide to put to it) in 2012. It still will be 2k's reign though. No matter how hard EA works, it won't be easy to re-gain a market they gave up once. → link (http://kotaku.com/5837255/peter-moore-ea-sports-nba-game-will-take-a-few-years-before-it-competes-with-nba-2k)

I f*cking hate that next week I'm going to be out of the country :rant

Timing wise pre-order is not important. Does anyone knows if there's any other advantage to preorder (special editions)?

niko
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
EA is planning to have their NBA game (whatever name they decide to put to it) in 2012. It still will be 2k's reign though. No matter how hard EA works, it won't be easy to re-gain a market they gave up once. → link (http://kotaku.com/5837255/peter-moore-ea-sports-nba-game-will-take-a-few-years-before-it-competes-with-nba-2k)

Timing wise pre-order is not important. Does anyone knows if there's any other advantage to preorder (special editions)?
Not 2012, maybe the year after. They said this year it will take a few years. Next year is not a few years.

Rake2204
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM

You may already know, but the first shipments will have three different cover options (Magic, Larry, or Michael). Further, they will come with the '91 Warriors and '02 Kings.

artificial
10-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Not 2012, maybe the year after. They said this year it will take a few years. Next year is not a few years.
From all I've read, EA is planning for fall 2012. The link I provided says it will take a few years before it competes with 2k.

"We’re focused on building a great game for next year (...)" (Peter Moore, EA COO). source (http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ea-it-could-take-a-few-years-to-compete-with-nba-2k-again/)

You may already know, but the first shipments will have three different cover options (Magic, Larry, or Michael). Further, they will come with the '91 Warriors and '02 Kings.
Nope, thanks for the info. I had completely given up on preordering, might reconsider :D

Clippersfan86
10-01-2011, 11:56 AM
From all I've read, EA is planning for fall 2012. The link I provided says it will take a few years before it competes with 2k.

(Peter Moore, EA COO). source (http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ea-it-could-take-a-few-years-to-compete-with-nba-2k-again/)

Nope, thanks for the info. I had completely given up on preordering, might reconsider :D

Nope. I linked an article from a few weeks ago in the OTC section.

http://technology.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980170229

"The franchise apparently needs a few more seasons on the injured list, as EA's chief operating officer Peter Moore announced that there likely won't be a new basketball sim from the company until 2013 or 2014."

We'll be lucky if that's even true. I think EA just doesn't have it in them to admit defeat. They will probably keep promising and hiding. Last year they were supposed to release Elite... and backed down because the demo got ripped to shreds. Then they promised this year they would return strong and didn't even show. Trust me dude.. Live/Elite has been KO'd.

Right now they are trying their best to recover assets by feeding off our nostalgia and releasing NBA Jam games.

SpecialQue
10-01-2011, 01:23 PM
But is it as good as Mario Galaxy 2?

Walker
10-01-2011, 01:23 PM

"The franchise apparently needs a few more seasons on the injured list, as EA's chief operating officer Peter Moore announced that there likely won't be a new basketball sim from the company until 2013 or 2014."

We'll be lucky if that's even true. I think EA just doesn't have it in them to admit defeat. They will probably keep promising and hiding. Last year they were supposed to release Elite... and backed down because the demo got ripped to shreds. Then they promised this year they would return strong and didn't even show. Trust me dude.. Live/Elite has been KO'd.

Right now they are trying their best to recover assets by feeding off our nostalgia and releasing NBA Jam games.
EA cops alot of flack (usually deserved) but they're doing a great thing here. By not just releasing a game they're showing they do actually care. They could just throw out some halfassed product and still sell units but they're willing to take the time to make something good....... hopefully.

Reverend Hoops
10-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Not buying the game now because of Drake.

artificial
10-01-2011, 01:38 PM

Interesting. Both articles quote the same interview.

Simply put: your link (http://technology.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980170229) refers to this link (http://kotaku.com/5837255/peter-moore-ea-sports-nba-game-will-take-a-few-years-before-it-competes-with-nba-2k) in kotaku, which at the same time puts this interview (http://kotaku.com/5837255/peter-moore-ea-sports-nba-game-will-take-a-few-years-before-it-competes-with-nba-2k) as source. And in that interview, Peter Moore says there will be a NBA game coming in 2012 from EA. I don't even care if EA is coming back or not, but it was fun tracking the sources. My conclussion, the dude that wrote the article you linked to (for which I don't blame you), didn't even check his sources and/or seriously lacks reading skills.

And you are right, EA got knocked out in NBA games. They have so many other succesfull titles you would think they should just give it up. But those NBA licenses which they still hold are way too expensive to just leave them unused. But again, regaining the lost market won't be easy (which is exactly what the articles are saying anyway).

Clippersfan86
10-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Definitely see why people would be confused. I think EA is contradicting themselves and blowing smoke. They need to bow out gracefully.

8BeastlyXOIAD
10-01-2011, 01:52 PM
i need to pre-order 2k

The Judge
10-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm picking it up for sure, but I'm going to wait a couple weeks. I bought 2K11 on release day at full price ($59.99) and a week later it was on sale everywhere for $39.99,

The Judge
10-01-2011, 02:17 PM
EA cops alot of flack (usually deserved) but they're doing a great thing here. By not just releasing a game they're showing they do actually care. They could just throw out some halfassed product and still sell units but they're willing to take the time to make something good....... hopefully.

Not really. They always throw out a half-assed product and move units with Madden every year. If they had the NBA license exclusively the way they have the NFL licence, they would definitely just release a new edition every year with nothing more than roster updates, just like Madden. But 2K is so far ahead of anything they could do that they're just not going to try.

Heavincent
10-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Youtube comment: "As far as I'm concerned, the discussion ended at around 0:05."

:applause: :applause: :applause:

madmax17
10-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Youtube comment: "As far as I'm concerned, the discussion ended at around 0:05."

:applause: :applause: :applause:If the logo was from Ea the discussion would last for hours.

reppy
10-01-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm glad that 2K is wrecking them. I was pissed off when EA snagged an exclusive license for the NFL.

Nevaeh
10-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm picking it up for sure, but I'm going to wait a couple weeks. I bought 2K11 on release day at full price ($59.99) and a week later it was on sale everywhere for $39.99,

I did the same thing, and NBA2k11 was, hands down, the most enjoyable 60 bucks I've EVER spent on a game. Any game that makes me want to record and re-watch clips of is worth every penny. :oldlol:

GOBB
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
I guess the video forum was deleted?

How do you give them props and credit for not putting out a basketball game until 2013, or 2014 even? That doesnt show me they actually care it shows me that they saw its competitor 2k kick their ass. And how far behind they are in stealing 2k fans to get them to buy their product.

CeltsGarlic
10-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Its sucks that ISH doesnt have video games section....

HylianNightmare
10-01-2011, 03:56 PM
cool

L8kersfan222
10-01-2011, 04:04 PM
posted this 2 days ago and you delete and repost? haha

EricForman
10-01-2011, 04:21 PM
i wonder if Drake really believes what he said (that Bird diss and implying that he couldn't hang today) or if he was just following a script.

rodman91
10-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Drake = :facepalm

Brian Wilson = :D

Mark Cuban = :rockon:

Jordan = :pimp:

Geezer
10-02-2011, 08:28 AM
I bought 2k11 for PC last year and it was great, plus it's cheaper, but i'm not sure how the animation/graphics compare with each other.

I have both a PC and PS3 so not sure which to get this time around. I know 2K are a bit slow to release PC patches usually and the online play has been pretty shit for PC (lowered graphics etc.) but there are also a ton of mods that come out for PC too and some people say the graphics are better due to higher resolutions on PC. :confusedshrug:

Argh, can't decide :cry:

Help

gengiskhan
10-02-2011, 08:31 AM
what has PC ever done for you?

What has PS3 ever done for you?

I'm you ISH buddy. Buy 1 for me instead. :D

QuebecBaller
10-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Should I buy a PC or a PS3 to be able to play NBA 2K12? (I still have a PS2 and I use a mac since 6 years)

2k11 was the last one on PS2 :cry:

ukballer
10-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Why not both? PC game is reasonably cheap as far as I know.

alenleomessi
10-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Should I buy a PC or a PS3 to be able to play NBA 2K12? (I still have a PS2 and I use a mac since 6 years)

damn i thought i was the only one who still uses ps2 :rockon:
yeah pathetic i know

pauk
10-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Why not both? PC game is reasonably cheap as far as I know.

*cough* all games on pc are free *cough* torrent *cough*

QuebecBaller
10-02-2011, 09:39 AM
damn i thought i was the only one who still uses ps2 :rockon:
yeah pathetic i know

:cheers: :cheers:

I only use my ps2 to play NBA 2K. Buying a new console just to play one game it's a lot of money...

pauk
10-02-2011, 09:41 AM
let me just say like this....

if you have a powerful PC... there is absolutely no console that can match the graphics, gaming or anything to a PC.... console games are actually programmed by a PC to fit the specific console system specs graphics and so on.... a console can never match a PC...

think of a PC like "GOD" of the consoles or gaming in general... it creates everything and constantly evolves...

plus... you dont have to waste money on buying games (if u know what i mean) :lol
tho if you wanna play online/multiplayer you must buy it because you will need a cd-key or whatever and that u get only by buying the game

plus... the customization, mods, hacks and so on of any PC games doesnt and cant exist on Consoles... since they are only consoles, not Computers that can program...

Geezer
10-02-2011, 09:41 AM
well this has been helpful http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/images/smilies/umm.gif

Geezer
10-02-2011, 09:46 AM
let me just say like this....

if you have a powerful PC... there is absolutely no console that can match the graphics.... console games are actually programmed by a PC to fit the specific console system specs graphics and so on.... a console can never match a PC...

think of a PC like "GOD" of the consoles or gaming in general... it creates everything and constantly evolves...

plus... you dont have to waste money on buying games (if u know what i mean) :lol

plus... the customization, mods, hacks and so on of any PC games doesnt and cant exist on Consoles... since they are only consoles, not Computers that can program...

i will ALWAYS buy the 2K series of games as long as they continue to do such high quality work, the worst thing people can do is pirate them, all it does is make them realize "hey, we make nothing for porting it to PC because of all the pirates so we will cease developing PC versions from now on" :facepalm

pauk
10-02-2011, 09:55 AM
i will ALWAYS buy the 2K series of games as long as they continue to do such high quality work, the worst thing people can do is pirate them, all it does is make them realize "hey, we make nothing for porting it to PC because of all the pirates so we will cease developing PC versions from now on" :facepalm

a PC is a PC is a PC.... its GOD... it can do ANYTHING... anything? ANYTHING.... its limitless to capability of technology... IT IS the creator of technology...

for example... lets say the 2K series or any game is not released on a PC anymore.... EVER....
no problem!! A programmer just grabs the Xbox / Playstation game... "computes" it to the PC and VOILA.... a Console game is a program created by the PC... a Console is a system emulating a limited PC.... a Console has a PC graphic card, processor, harddrive and so on...

its called "Emulation"....

there are "Emulators" on the PC for ALL consoles and all of their games... did you know that?

did you know for example you can play all Console games on the PC?

Hell right now i have Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, Nintendo64, Playstation 1-2, Xbox Emulators and their games (which interested me) on my computer.....

piece of cake....

NBAller
10-02-2011, 01:33 PM
2k12 combo thread. game drops in 2days:applause:

ballup
10-02-2011, 01:55 PM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/NBA-2K12-PS2-PlayStation-2/16793190
It's still available.

All Net
10-03-2011, 03:33 AM
Be interesting how much better it will be, don't really play games anymore so doubt i will buy it.

zORi
10-03-2011, 08:52 AM
]a PC is a PC is a PC.... its GOD... it can do ANYTHING... anything? ANYTHING.... its limitless to capability of technology... IT IS the creator of technology...[/B]

for example... lets say the 2K series or any game is not released on a PC anymore.... EVER....
no problem!! A programmer just grabs the Xbox / Playstation game... "computes" it to the PC and VOILA.... a Console game is a program created by the PC... a Console is a system emulating a limited PC.... a Console has a PC graphic card, processor, harddrive and so on...

there are "Emulators" on the PC for ALL consoles and all of their games... did you know that?

Hell right now i have Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, Nintendo64, Playstation 1-2, Xbox Emulators and their games (which interested me) on my computer.....

piece of cake....

......OK, I think you're taking this waaaaayyyy to seriously.

No one is here to get into a console vs PC debate with fanboys.

OmniStrife
10-03-2011, 09:51 AM
PC for sure. Can't beat the mods man...
Can't compete with better faces, courts, jerseys, shoes AND ROOKIES.
Plus when you combine that with 1080p res and anti-aliasing? Shit almost looks real.

swi7ch
10-03-2011, 11:45 AM

PC for sure. Can't beat the mods man...
Can't compete with better faces, courts, jerseys, shoes AND ROOKIES.
Plus when you combine that with 1080p res and anti-aliasing? Shit almost looks real.
^^^

PC version with mods make it the best version IMO. Head over to NLSC or some other similar site to see the mods for 2K11. But if you like to play online, stick with the console version.

Dave3
10-03-2011, 01:13 PM
a PC is a PC is a PC.... its GOD... it can do ANYTHING... anything? ANYTHING.... its limitless to capability of technology... IT IS the creator of technology...

piece of cake....
I thought there were no emulators for 360 and PS3

Batz
10-03-2011, 07:09 PM

piece of cake....
The only computers who can emulate the PS3 or Xbox 360 are the ones used by NASA.

Borat
10-03-2011, 11:34 PM
I guess the video forum was deleted?

Thats what I thought. Been reading in the video game forum didnt realise this was here.

Borat
10-03-2011, 11:36 PM
-Intangibles
-Leadership
-Clutch(ness)

when did you become a troll?

NBAller
10-04-2011, 02:50 PM
The servers are ****ing up. At first, the option to start a team-up with your friends wasn't there. I'm guessing it's because of all the people on the game today...........

ZXHunter
10-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Anyone happen to know Carmelo's 3pt rating?

NauruDude
10-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Anyone happen to know Carmelo's 3pt rating?

97 ridiculously high

Smoke117
10-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Does anyone still play nba2k view? I didn't play nba2k11 last year but played the shit out of nba2k10 after not playing for a few years when the view had changed and could never get used to the change to a horizontal view and just played the classic 2k view and will play this that way to...does anyone else still play that way?

Sakkreth
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
97 ridiculously high

:wtf:

This is retarded.

greensborohill
10-04-2011, 07:45 PM
why doesnt my Chris Mullin code work? Has it worked for any of you?

Maniak
10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh right, I forgot I got that code. I'll put it in later.

greensborohill
10-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Oh right, I forgot I got that code. I'll put it in later.

LMK if it works for you, 'bro. Thanks in advance.

I.R.Beast
10-05-2011, 12:24 AM
i'm still getting used to what u can and cant do...i just got blown out online by som guy who wasnt very good at all. I'm still getting aclamated to what is capable in the game.

The post game is sick, i'm already beasting on the block with Melo....His shot is weet ...his mid range is at 88, and his 3s are at 84.....

Lebros mid rane is Higher thank Kobe's ...Lebron is at 86(dont know why)....They absolutely toook a shit on wade mid range shot...it's at 73....i dont know when Lebron became a better mid range shooter than wade and Kobe...but i guess they had to to something make Lebron the highest rated player in the game.

Rake2204
10-05-2011, 01:25 AM
There was an issue with 2K's online service through a large portion of release day and that code requires online access to trigger the release of the teams. 2K's service has since come back online. My code works. Make sure you use the dashes and make sure you save your settings file (the teams will disappear if you don't save your settings, not just your roster).

greensborohill
10-05-2011, 08:08 AM
There was an issue with 2K's online service through a large portion of release day and that code requires online access to trigger the release of the teams. 2K's service has since come back online. My code works. Make sure you use the dashes and make sure you save your settings file (the teams will disappear if you don't save your settings, not just your roster).

Thanks man, will do it after work. Can't wait for TMC!!!

Do you know if you can place legend players on current teams for Association mode?

Rake2204
10-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks man, will do it after work. Can't wait for TMC!!!

Do you know if you can place legend players on current teams for Association mode?
You can, but it's more complicated than in years past (one of my least favorite things about 2K12). Here is a link detailing how things are done (it's all in the first post). It mostly revolves around starting an Association with the teams featuring legends you want to move around, then exporting those teams, then releasing the players. Or in other words, a process needlessly ten times more complicated than last year.

greensborohill
10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
You can, but it's more complicated than in years past (one of my least favorite things about 2K12). Here is a link detailing how things are done (it's all in the first post). It mostly revolves around starting an Association with the teams featuring legends you want to move around, then exporting those teams, then releasing the players. Or in other words, a process needlessly ten times more complicated than last year.

Thanks, but you forgot the link.

Rake2204
10-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks, but you forgot the link.
Ha, wow. My fault: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/513968-you-can-assign-legends-current-teams-huge-find-gmcrb28.html