PDA

View Full Version : If America was invaded, How will Americans react?

Premeditated
09-20-2011, 10:07 PM
It's quite simple really. Hypothetically speaking, if we were invaded by another country like China, Korea or God forbid Russia troops for some crazy reason an it was unexpected, how will American citizen react?

What will we do?

Will we fight back like some we did in War of the World against the Aliens or will we fall back like the French puccies did against the Nazis? Do you think Americans will strap up and defend their turf? Especially since we have the right to bare arm.

I'll give my opinion later.

Theoo's Daddy
09-20-2011, 10:09 PM
we have nutjobs who have built underground bunks waiting for an invasion. This would be a good test run for them.

Velocirap31
09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Your country would fight to the last man I think. My country, Canada, would french out. Especially Quebec.

Premeditated
09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
we have nutjobs who have built underground bunks waiting for an invasion. This would be a good test run for them.
at times like these, it's always good to have rednecks and street cats.

Which group of Americans do you think will sellout or snitch to the invaders that there are going to be sneak attacks on them? I'll say Hollywood stars. Also maybe the black Israelites. You know they hate America.

thatoneblackguy
09-20-2011, 10:16 PM
America has already been invaded for a long time.. It's not an external force that America is facing, it's an internal force within' the government that is the problem.

Premeditated
09-20-2011, 10:17 PM
You cannot invade the US. The entire idea is hilarious.
Quit being a fukking fakkit man. You don't think I know that? Our Navy is untouchable. We can't be fukked with. Which is why I'm talking hypothetically asshole. However, Canada would get destroyed in a matter of seconds.

RidonKs
09-20-2011, 10:20 PM
lol, if there were enemy combatants on American soil attacking civilians, the country would react like any powerful country has ever acted before it. it'd flip the f*ck out, commit itself to protecting its land, and overwhelmingly succeed because its got 200 times the army of the rest of the world combined or whatever. most of it is spread thin around the world, but a legitimate war declared on the US would end as quickly as it would take to get the bulk of them home... i'm thinking 48 hours, give or take.

Especially since we have the right to bare arm.
that made me laugh and i don't know why. wait, i know why. silly mrcns.

Velocirap31
09-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Quit being a fukking fakkit man. You don't think I know that? Our Navy is untouchable. We can't be fukked with. Which is why I'm talking hypothetically asshole. However, Canada would get destroyed in a matter of seconds.

But that's why we have you! :cheers:

purplch0de
09-20-2011, 10:23 PM
I would use her:

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/6174_1_2520romanian_2520ak47_2520wasr10_25207_62x3 9_25201501126.jpg

Premeditated
09-20-2011, 10:24 PM
lol, if there were enemy combatants on American soil attacking civilians, the country would react like any powerful country has ever acted before it. it'd flip the f*ck out, commit itself to protecting its land, and overwhelmingly succeed because its got 200 times the army of the rest of the world combined or whatever. most of it is spread thin around the world, but a legitimate war declared on the US would end as quickly as it would take to get the bulk of them home... i'm thinking 48 hours, give or take.
Okay, I'm not strictly talking about just coming and destroying everything they seen and kill anybody they see, but them actually settling things and instilling new laws and sh1t. Do you think Americans have the kahunas to stand up to them and protect their home front?

purplch0de
09-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I also have 8 twenty or thirty round magazines waiting to be used

purplch0de
09-20-2011, 10:26 PM
The rich muthafukkers would hide in their 10 storied mansions and behind their dozens or so bodyguards, while the poor people will be the first in the frontline taking the bullets and bombs.

Maybe in NY

Premeditated
09-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Why are you angry and resorting to attack Canada because you see I'm from Toronto? Do you think I have some sort of emotional attachment to the place? Quit being a child.
because I felt like it pr1ck. Next time don't try to come in my thread with a smartass attitude.

RidonKs
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Okay, I'm not strictly talking about just coming and destroying everything they seen and kill anybody they see, but them actually settling things and instilling new laws and sh1t. Do you think Americans have the kahunas to stand up to them and protect their home front?
the south sure as sh*t does

brantonli
09-20-2011, 10:34 PM
America is....quite far away from countries that are likely to attack it. TBH, the only type of invasion that would take place would be a thorough aerial bombing (possible nuclear if the war is completely serious) and then naval attack on the coasts. Plus, the countries will need to establish bases along the Pacific just to ensure supplies to the forces attacking the US.

I think the Americans will react by joining, en mass, the Army. That's basically it. It doesn't really matter how crazy rednecks or hobos with shotguns, they would never stand a chance against a properly organised military force.

purplch0de
09-20-2011, 10:44 PM
America is....quite far away from countries that are likely to attack it. TBH, the only type of invasion that would take place would be a thorough aerial bombing (possible nuclear if the war is completely serious) and then naval attack on the coasts. Plus, the countries will need to establish bases along the Pacific just to ensure supplies to the forces attacking the US.

I think the Americans will react by joining, en mass, the Army. That's basically it. It doesn't really matter how crazy rednecks or hobos with shotguns, they would never stand a chance against a properly organised military force.

You're telling me 44 million people along the coast cannot do anything against invaders or maybe 10-50 thousand? You will be surprised how many firearms there are in california both legal and illegal. With invaders both gangs and civil people would unite as one. It's much closer than you think. The United States is no *****... i believe 1 in 10 in the US own a firearm? Can't recall the actual number but it's up there...

KevinNYC
09-20-2011, 10:54 PM

You truly must be the most insecure person on this board. Anyone who disagrees with you must be gay. People who have actually experienced war time are *******. Fake-tough-guy nonsense on the internet. Confusing patriotism with machismo. If you feel the need to prove how tough you are, be for real and sign up for the service.

Here's a little tip people who are secure in who they are and actually like themselves, don't act like this.

The Black Israelites? WTF? Are there even 10 dozen of them? They don't affect the country during peacetime and they won't affect during wartime. You couldn't even feel a high school gym with those guys. Why are they on your mind?

KingBeasley08
09-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Its close to impossible to "invade" the US.

if it happened tho, id to what the vietnamese did. join da guerrila fighters boi

PowerGlove
09-21-2011, 12:19 AM
The rich muthafukkers would hide in their 10 storied mansions and behind their dozens or so bodyguards, while the poor people will be the first in the frontline taking the bullets and bombs.
Pretty sure you can describe every war like this.

verylegit
09-21-2011, 12:49 AM
I would use her:

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/6174_1_2520romanian_2520ak47_2520wasr10_25207_62x3 9_25201501126.jpg
you should use her...on yourself dumb b!tch. thinking you can brew good beer...gtfo.

Premeditated
09-21-2011, 12:50 AM
You truly must be the most insecure person on this board. Anyone who disagrees with you must be gay. People who have actually experienced war time are *******. Fake-tough-guy nonsense on the internet. Confusing patriotism with machismo. If you feel the need to prove how tough you are, be for real and sign up for the service.

Here's a little tip people who are secure in who they are and actually like themselves, don't act like this.

The Black Israelites? WTF? Are there even 10 dozen of them? They don't affect the country during peacetime and they won't affect during wartime. You couldn't even feel a high school gym with those guys. Why are they on your mind?
I don't even know where to start with your illiterate ass. Where in my post did you get the notion that I was sh1tting on people who disagreed with me? Wow, you are truly stupid. I was attacking him because he came in here and decided to be a smart ass. Now, I'll admit, I too it a little too far, but I was just joking. At this point, I didn't even state my opinion, so what the fukk are you talking about?

Also, where in my post did I say, the Isaelites would have an impact. I ask a simple question of who do you think will likely snitch. I never said they would have an impact you brainless dunce.

Patrick Chewing
09-21-2011, 12:53 AM
What will we do?

Some Americans will still find reasons to blame their own country.

purplch0de
09-21-2011, 12:58 AM
you should use her...on yourself dumb b!tch. thinking you can brew good beer...gtfo.

your next round's on me pal.

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:08 AM
It's quite simple really. Hypothetically speaking, if we were invaded by another country like China, Korea or God forbid Russia troops for some crazy reason an it was unexpected, how will American citizen react?

What will we do?

Will we fight back like some we did in War of the World against the Aliens or will we fall back like the French puccies did against the Nazis? Do you think Americans will strap up and defend their turf? Especially since we have the right to bare arm.

I'll give my opinion later.
sit back and watch yall a bunch of fat pigs
australia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>united states of fat

purplch0de
09-21-2011, 01:12 AM
sit back and watch yall a bunch of fat pigs
australia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>united states of fat
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Anglosphere_2007_overweight_rate.png

the difference is miniscule dumb****

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:15 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Anglosphere_2007_overweight_rate.png

shut up ****** we are taliking about the united states of fat
70% of fat ****s are not going to to do shit but watch and prey to god they can still order pizza

purplch0de
09-21-2011, 01:17 AM
shut up ****** we are taliking about the united states of fat
70% of fat ****s are not going to to do shit but watch and prey to god they can still order pizza
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article4171160.ece

"But in one field Australians are, unexpectedly, leading the way as the heavyweight champions of the world

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:18 AM
[QUOTE=Mr. I'm So Rad]Lol Australia aka Poor Man's England[/QUOT
Ariana Army
lol

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:21 AM
/ch0deout
Ariana Army
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

Premeditated
09-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Is this stupid Aussie really trying to brag about Australia in here? What battle scars do you fakkits have? What credibility do you losers have? Go back to playing dress up with your pet crocodile you khaki shorts wearing loser.

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.usdebtclock.org/
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:27 AM
http://www.usdebtclock.org/

DuMa
09-21-2011, 01:28 AM
looting

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Ariana Army > Aussie Army

Deal with it

Your toughest citizen got one shotted by a f*cking fish
14.7 trillion debt :roll:
ariana is a slut
deal with it

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:40 AM
About 1 in 30 people in the U.S. are in jail, on probation, or on parole.

Americans are responsible for generating roughly 20% percent of the garbage in the world.

Americans did not commonly use forks until after the Civil War.

Forty percent of Americans have never visited a dentist.

In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die!

In 1980, the city of Detroit presented Saddam Hussein with a key to the city.

In the United States, deaf people have safer driving records than hearing people!

The United States consumes 25% of all the world's energy.

purplch0de
09-21-2011, 01:43 AM
thanks for proving US = #1

PowerGlove
09-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Pretty arrogant to say that your country is the best in the world after this past decade.:oldlol:

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:44 AM
thanks for proving US = #1 for fat ****s
no worries:cheers:

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Pretty arrogant to say that your country is the best in the world after this past decade.:oldlol:
yep i am just fuking wit these egotistic *** heads
most americans are good people but fuking wit these trolls are so much fun there so easy to get mad.

RoseCity07
09-21-2011, 02:02 AM
Well that's not something that is even really practical in todays day and age. No one invades a country with nuclear weapons.

thatoneblackguy
09-21-2011, 02:03 AM
In the United States, deaf people have safer driving records than hearing people!

This is nothing news worthy, there are more hearing people than deaf people in the US therefore creating that "statistic" is dumb and flawed.

joe
09-21-2011, 02:51 AM
Honestly as an American, I don't notice many fat people here. Maybe I'm just used to it. But I don't usually walk around and think.. man, these people are so fat!

What is the definition of overweight? Is it just raw weight, or is it something based on body size vs weight vs muscle? I know very little about this topic.

In any event, I smell something fishy with those statistics posted earlier. 74% of Americans are overweight? I highly doubt that, unless we're using a very flawed definition of overweight.

Not trying to be an apologist, but just throwing this out there.. maybe we have so many "obese" people because we have better nutrition and hospitals than a lot of the world, and that allows us to grow bigger in general. I mean, look at our pro athletes. They're monsters compared to pro athletes of other countries.

LebronairJAMES
09-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Still waiting :sleeping
keep sleeping ******

lakers_forever
09-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Pointless thread.

The age of war among the most important countries in the world is over, because its a lose-lose situation for everyone involded. World's economy is just too connected today.

JohnnySic
09-21-2011, 09:22 AM
A succesfull USA invasion would make for some great TV. I dont watch much TV but I'd watch that.

shawbryant
09-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Why China,Russia and North Korea are always being assumed as the the enemy of West world?

winwin
09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
America has already been invaded for a long time.. It's not an external force that America is facing, it's an internal force within' the government that is the problem.
this

but not within' the government .. the 1% who control America they own every government

ass-hole OP .. you've been paying your masters for a long time

PowerGlove
09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
America would only be invaded if they are on their last legs. No one is just going to dive into a superpower at full strength.

purplch0de
09-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Why China,Russia and North Korea are always being assumed as the the enemy of West world?

Is this serious? What do they all have in common?

iamgine
09-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Well what city should an invader target first if they want to conquer USA? Lets just say they have the cheat code to instantly destroy a single city.

KevinNYC
09-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Maybe in NY

Rich people in NYC live in apartments or townhouses not mansions. Very, Very nice apartments, but not mansions. Or perhaps you meant NY state

boozehound
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
last year alone, something like 30 million firearms were sold in the US (Granted, many of these are destined for the mexican drug cartels on the border, but most are not). The american (rural) public is armed to the teeth and the country as a whole has one of the lowest population densities in the world. Any invasion based on manpower will never work.

KevinNYC
09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't even know where to start with your illiterate ass. Where in my post did you get the notion that I was sh1tting on people who disagreed with me? Wow, you are truly stupid. I was attacking him because he came in here and decided to be a smart ass. Now, I'll admit, I too it a little too far, but I was just joking. At this point, I didn't even state my opinion, so what the fukk are you talking about?

Also, where in my post did I say, the Isaelites would have an impact. I ask a simple question of who do you think will likely snitch. I never said they would have an impact you brainless dunce.

Like, I said, you can prove your patriotism and your toughness by joining up to fight the war America is in. The Australian Army (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsClH9FKPgY) is there fighting right alongside the USA. Why aren't you?

Oh because you're on the internet proving how tough you are and pissing on one of our allies. That something real patriots don't tend to do.

the_chosen_1
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
To the original question. How would Americans react?

Some would go into hiding. I would send my family into hiding if needed.

Many would join the military and some others would take up arms on their own. Being former military myself I know that I could not sit by without doing something. That being said; organization would be our greatest asset and re-enlisting would be the most productive thing I could do for our country.

Abd El-Krim
09-21-2011, 06:10 PM
I'd probably find a way to get out of military duty, then sit back and watch while the 'patriots' get maimed chasing off the invading horde. I'd **** at least a few of their women while they were gone.

Or I'd get thrown in a camp just for having this username on ISH.

Andrei89
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Pointless thread.

The age of war among the most important countries in the world is over, because its a lose-lose situation for everyone involded. World's economy is just too connected today.

I am studying International law and this quarters course is about International Organizations.

And the more I read about the United Nations which is supposed to be the peace keeper, the more I think the system is going to fail when one or two countries become strong enough to ally and overtake the power.

The power is going to shift like it has always done. I do not understand why people think today is any more different than 100, 500, 1000 years ago. Things change, new powers evolve.

The big downside is however a nuclear attack. If the US did not posses so many nuclear weapons China and Russia would have slaughetered your precious little country.

The point is, you never know how things will be in 50,100 or 200 years but, I am damn sure they won't stay the same.

qrich
09-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Cause if this country was invaded and crumbled
I'd turn Harlem into a columbian jungle
And I wouldn't be fighting for a Christian nation
I'd be fighting for survival from extermination

KevinNYC
09-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I am studying International law and this quarters course is about International Organizations.

And the more I read about the United Nations which is supposed to be the peace keeper, the more I think the system is going to fail when one or two countries become strong enough to ally and overtake the power.

The power is going to shift like it has always done. I do not understand why people think today is any more different than 100, 500, 1000 years ago. Things change, new powers evolve.

The big downside is however a nuclear attack. If the US did not posses so many nuclear weapons China and Russia would have slaughetered your precious little country.

The point is, you never know how things will be in 50,100 or 200 years but, I am damn sure they won't stay the same.

Take over the power from whom? From the UN?

Considering the economic ties we now have with China, we are as likely to become allies with them as we are to fight them.

Andrei89
09-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Take over the power from whom? From the UN?

Considering the economic ties we now have with China, we are as likely to become allies with them as we are to fight them.

Economic ties? the US is deep in debt to the Chinese

KevinNYC
09-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Also, how many people here know that we are basically discussing the plot of Red Dawn (http://pushingrope.blogspot.com/2011/04/bad-movie-classic-red-dawn.html), a movie starring Patrick Swayze from the 1980's that audiences laughed at. It was basically a right-wing fantasy of high-school football players taking to the woods with hunting rifles as Soviet tanks rolled through American Cities.

They did a remake of it with China invading the US. It was suppossed to come out this year, but then MGM went bankrupt so it hasn't come out yet. Also since the Chinese box office potential is so great, they are recutting it so the villains are North Korean (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-china-red-dawn-20110316,0,995726.story). This will probably make the movie much less plausible, since North Korea routinely has problems trying to feed its own people. Even Team America would't go as far as to say Kim Jong-Il would take us on directly.

Also, if we are invaded, don't cry for me. Avenge me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooy0GFMYafY&feature=related)

Also, WOLVERINES! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprFYMvWXLo&NR=1)

KevinNYC
09-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Economic ties? the US is deep in debt to the Chinese

Um, yes that is one basic definitions of economic ties. The other one is, we buy and sell from each other. The US is probably the biggest customer for Chinese goods. I know someone who works for a large fashion label and she routinely goes to China to visit the factories and do quality assurance on the good they are making. America and China are very deeply tied together economically. Wal-Mart would be a Mom and Pop store without China.

So if they went to war with us, it would ruin their economy would affect their ability to wage war.

nathanjizzle
09-21-2011, 09:43 PM
i know for a fact that if america was invaded, A bunch of true blooded gun yielding american citizens would run to were the invasion was and fight themselves.

mrpuente
09-21-2011, 10:10 PM
No gun wielding hillbilly coming out of their houses with their hunting rifles could take on any coordinated military worthy enough to invade the US. Im sorry but this isnt the revolutionary war. Wars arent fought marching straight at one another anymore.

I own a gun along with everyone in my house has plenty more weapons. If theres no plan and unity with the rest of the civilians theres no way they could hold up against a military.

mrpuente
09-21-2011, 10:43 PM
It's worked in Vietnam, and Afghanistan twice, no reason it wouldn't work here.
I could be wrong but in Vietnam werent we fighting North Vietnam and their allies in a jungle?

And, Im pretty sure in Afghanistan we fight an organized group known as al qaeda and taliban. That use gorilla war fare with fairly advanced weapons hiding in mountains.

completely different I think

GOBB
09-21-2011, 10:58 PM
:oldlol: Red Dawn is what I initially thought of.

boozehound
09-21-2011, 11:09 PM
No gun wielding hillbilly coming out of their houses with their hunting rifles could take on any coordinated military worthy enough to invade the US. Im sorry but this isnt the revolutionary war. Wars arent fought marching straight at one another anymore.

I own a gun along with everyone in my house has plenty more weapons. If theres no plan and unity with the rest of the civilians theres no way they could hold up against a military.
you clearly underestimate the armament of rural america. besides, hows the largest military (with a budget bigger than the next 40 combined) doing against a bunch of sandbillies over there in afg and iraq? Oh yeah....

Big_Dogg
09-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Nobody has to attack the USA, they are doing a pretty good job of messing things up all on their own, the rest of the world just needs to sit back and let their national debt just keep growing and growing, pretty soon the USA will be owned by China anyway :lol

boozehound
09-21-2011, 11:11 PM
I could be wrong but in Vietnam werent we fighting North Vietnam and their allies in a jungle?

And, Im pretty sure in Afghanistan we fight an organized group known as al qaeda and taliban. That use gorilla war fare with fairly advanced weapons hiding in mountains.

completely different I think
well, their training is no more than that of many groups in the US. funny that you think they are so well trained over there. its ****ing new recruits and kids.

mrpuente
09-21-2011, 11:23 PM
well, their training is no more than that of many groups in the US. funny that you think they are so well trained over there. its ****ing new recruits and kids.
Where did I say they were well trained?

The dude above tried to use the afghan war as a valid argument. He said "it worked in afghanistan" which it clearly didnt. The war in afghanistan is completely one sided. After 9/11 it took US weeks to run out and disband majority of the taliban.

The only reason I said anything about al qaeda having "fairly advanced weapons" is after they shot down that helicopter killing those navy seals.

mrpuente
09-21-2011, 11:26 PM
you clearly underestimate the armament of rural america. besides, hows the largest military (with a budget bigger than the next 40 combined) doing against a bunch of sandbillies over there in afg and iraq? Oh yeah....
doing quite well I would say?

taken over their countries in record breaking time?

established large permanent military bases?

if a country did that to US and we still had some small militia causing a couple battles here and there out in the wilderness. We would be considered defeated.

KevinNYC
09-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Not nearly as much as they were fighting Geurilla fighters that weren't really organized by any single or group.

No we're fighting multiple unorganized groups with nothing but old AKs and explosives.

Do you really think the North Vietnamese were unorganized? First rule of war is to respect your enemy. The north Vietnamese were experienced guerrilla fighters since WWII. Before the US, they chased the French out of the country. Anyone who wants to study successful guerrilla campaigns looks at the Vietcong. We constantly underestimated them and fought a war we wanted to fight. We fought an air war against them and they attacked in small groups (http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/01/12/the_vietnam_war_explained_as_never_before_in_hard_ numbers_and_good_facts), that could disappear back into the jungle.

The enemy was simply not going to give the Americans the war they wanted. Out of 37,990 enemy attacks in 1968, just 126 were of battalion size or larger.

His larger point is still correct, you need to know military tactics to be successful. A bunch of hillbillies with guns is not going to do it.

It also ignores the realities of modern warfare. The US military is probably the best trained and best supplied military in the world. But if a guy in T-Shirt and rubber sandals shoots a rocket-propelled grenade at you, you're going to hit the deck. It doesn't matter how many 30 round clips you got. I'm presuming any invading army would have heavy weapons, artillery, RPGS, mortars, tanks, helicopters.

A well trained platoon of say, 50 soldiers could easily take on a squad of 300 armed civilians spread over say an area of 5 city blocks. The civilians would probably run through their ammo in the first half hour of battle while the soldiers would know to aim and fire 2-3 round bursts.

KevinNYC
09-22-2011, 01:54 AM
The war in afghanistan is completely one sided.

It took weeks to run out the Taliban, but it's now ten years later and we haven't defeated them. They just assassinated the former president of Afghanistan. 300 Americans died fighting in Afghanistan in 2011.

This is the reality of modern warfare, no one can stand up to the USA in a straight on battle, but then we have huge struggles trying to pacify the country and put up a new government. This is because the opposing armies just go underground. We didn't defeat the Iraqi army, not like in WWII, where the armies surrender and we have them in camps and have control of them. In Iraq they took off their uniforms and waited to see what was next. In fact we were talking with them, to use them to keep the country stable and then Paul Bremer decided with Doug Feith to disband them. When that happened a lot of them joined the insurgency.

dunksby
09-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Last time America was invaded it ended up real bad for the Americans.

bdreason
09-22-2011, 02:23 AM
You couldn't invade America. Too many citizens with guns ready to protect their hard earned consumer goods.

I don't even like guns, and I have two.

bdreason
09-22-2011, 02:24 AM
Last time America was invaded it ended up real bad for the Americans.

ummm last time America was invaded, a group of ragtag citizens beat arguably the largest military in the World at the time (England).

dunksby
09-22-2011, 02:24 AM
ummm last time America was invaded, a group of ragtag citizens beat arguably the largest military in the World at the time (England).
Native Americans would disagree.

joe
09-22-2011, 03:14 AM

haha. clever

CeltsGarlic
09-22-2011, 03:25 AM

This :roll:

Mamba
09-22-2011, 03:26 AM
i honestly think most american's would retreat like a bunch of *******.

just my opinion.

bdreason
09-22-2011, 03:52 AM

You said "last time". The "white man" had already taken the land from the natives the "last time" there was a war for sovereignty, and were fighting amongst themselves at that point.

dunksby
09-22-2011, 04:01 AM
You said "last time". The "white man" had already taken the land from the natives the "last time" there was a war for sovereignty, and were fighting amongst themselves at that point.
blah blah blah...

boozehound
09-22-2011, 10:13 AM
calling that an invasion is pretty far fetched. It was a rebellion. The english were already here, as it was their colonies.

boozehound
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
doing quite well I would say?

taken over their countries in record breaking time?

established large permanent military bases?

if a country did that to US and we still had some small militia causing a couple battles here and there out in the wilderness. We would be considered defeated.
what you arent acknowledging is how much the US has spent to "win" these wars. The cost of Iraq is estimated at well over 3 trillion dollars (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/03/AR2010090302200.html), with over a trillion in direct allocations to our armed forces (not the rebuilding or re-training of their government) in Iraq and Afghanistan (http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/16/us-afghanistan-usa-costs-factbox-idUSTRE66F21Q20100716) as of july, 2010. That money of direct expenditure is equivalent to the entire military budget of china (2nd biggest military budget in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures)) for 9 years (longer than we have been in either country as of the date above). That is unreal.

also, I dont think very many people think we have been as successful as you clearly do.

KevinNYC
09-22-2011, 10:27 AM

Thousands of black folk fought on both sides of the Revolutionary War including the 'first martyr' of the revolution at Bunker Hill.

KevinNYC
09-22-2011, 10:42 AM
i honestly think most american's would retreat like a bunch of *******.

just my opinion.

If you have never experienced warfare, you really may want to hold onto your opinion before you go calling folks *******. Refugees fleeing their homes in advance of attacking armies are a staple of warfare. I was just talking with someone who was in Iraq from 2003-2006. He said the place was madness, especially for the Iraqis, death could come from anywhere.

For example, let's say America is attacked. Let's say that you live 150 miles outside Los Angeles and we are convinced they are going to attack LA. All our Army and National Guard are focused there. One morning you are woken up at 5am by the sounds of explosions going off what sounds like a mile from your home. You go to make a phone call but the phone wire and cell towers have been destroyed. You are starting to hear helicopters and explosions getting closer and closer to your house. What are you going to do?

The smart thing to do would be to retreat. Even if you are planning on fighting the smart thing is to retreat and find time to join up with our forces elsewhere. Anyone who knows something about warfare has respect for a well-executed retreat. If Washington didn't retreat from New York City in 1776, this country would still be British. Mao took over China after executing The Long March which was a retreat of thousands of miles.

kaiiu
09-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Me and my ni99as comin with them choppas

Premeditated
09-22-2011, 10:50 AM

yeah...we all know they wouldn't stand a chance but you think the Hill Billies know that? These people are very stubborn. I'd hate to say this but alot of them are prideful and stand by everything they say, even if it's semi delusional and most wouldn't agree with it. It's 2011 but alot of them still have that ole school mentality. "We want our country back"!!!

Clippersfan86
09-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Consider this quote from Isoroku Yamamoto, the Japanese Admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor:

"You cannot invade America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

The right to bear arms makes us even more formidable than we already are. We are talking about the US owning 40 percent of the ENTIRE WORLD's guns. For every 100 Americans there are 90 combined guns. The numbers can never be measured with certainty with gangs and all that.... but it's estimated that well over 50 percent of Americans own firearms. What's more is that a majority of these aren't random hillbillies like you guys are saying.

They are mini militia rednecks that have been hunting their entire lives and shoot on a very regular basis. Many are even ex military. Sure they aren't equal to a military trained shooter probably but give them a lot more credit than that. They may not be the brightest but if shi* hit the fan we would be glad we had guys like them around. Also in general besides lower level gang members most people I know who have a gun go shooting, hunting or in general have at least a decent shot.

There are 312 million Americans. Let's say even 20 million of those are men between the ages of 18-35 with guns and some shooting experience. That's being generous because it would likely be 50 million+ rebels. Imagine how much they can turn a war? The invading military would get overwhelmed with sheer numbers alone. There is a war philosophy that states that for every 1 soldier bunkered down you need 10 attackers. Obviously knowing your land and being in a defensive position gives you a HUGE advantage and makes up for the invaders superior firepower/training. Look at the Vietnam war if you want a great example.

We were in foreign lands outnumbered greatly... and despite superior firepower and training couldn't overcome them. Very little research was done on the layout of the country and it cost us. Same exact thing would happen here except that American citizens number millions more and it's a right to bear arms country meaning every average Joe could fight assuming war was declared.

LJJ
09-22-2011, 12:06 PM

Wait, three quarters of the US population is overweight?

http://chatroulettegifs.com/black_guys_laughing.gif

Clippersfan86
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Wait, three quarters of the US population is overweight?

http://chatroulettegifs.com/black_guys_laughing.gif

Probably. Remember though that the nutrition field hasn't kept up with the recent age. I have many ripped friends that are considered obese by the BMI scale. The problem with generalizing people like this is that it doesn't account for body fat percentage or muscle mass. The ONLY way to accurately say how overweight people are would be by body fat percentage. So take it with a grain of salt.

LJJ
09-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Probably. Remember though that the nutrition field hasn't kept up with the recent age. I have many ripped friends that are considered obese by the BMI scale. The problem with generalizing people like this is that it doesn't account for body fat percentage or muscle mass. The ONLY way to accurately say how overweight people are would be by body fat percentage. So take it with a grain of salt.

That's such an overstated argument.

A guy like Dwight Howard, who is positively massive, scores about a low 27 on the BMI. Which is right about where the "overweight" threshold is. Think about how much bigger of a frame DH has compared to anyone you know. The percentage of people who have a +27 BMI but who are actually quite fit is very, very low.

Not saying they are not there, but it's a tiny number no doubt.

mrpuente
09-22-2011, 12:36 PM
what you arent acknowledging is how much the US has spent to "win" these wars. The cost of Iraq is estimated at well over 3 trillion dollars (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/03/AR2010090302200.html), with over a trillion in direct allocations to our armed forces (not the rebuilding or re-training of their government) in Iraq and Afghanistan (http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/16/us-afghanistan-usa-costs-factbox-idUSTRE66F21Q20100716) as of july, 2010. That money of direct expenditure is equivalent to the entire military budget of china (2nd biggest military budget in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures)) for 9 years (longer than we have been in either country as of the date above). That is unreal.

also, I dont think very many people think we have been as successful as you
clearly do.

You're trying to turn this into a debate I never agreed with in the first place.

Either way if any advanced military invaded the US, it would take massive organization from everyone that owns a weapon. Just because majority of Americans go hunting every season doesn't mean they would be able to withstand modern combat from a formidable military.

Majority of Americas population live in suburban areas with roads bridges all easy to access subdivisions. Even If every single person were armed with a gun they would not be able to defeat a battalion with tanks and trained killers.

Clippersfan86
09-22-2011, 12:39 PM
That's such an overstated argument.

A guy like Dwight Howard, who is positively massive, scores about a low 27 on the BMI. Which is right about where the "overweight" threshold is. Think about how much bigger of a frame DH has compared to anyone you know. The percentage of people who have a +27 BMI but who are actually quite fit is very, very low.

Not saying they are not there, but it's a tiny number no doubt.

Wrong. Someone who is 7 feet tall is going to have a MUCH more favorable scenario than someone who is let's say 5'11 and massively ripped. Know why? Because most 7 footers are lean and have to bulk up obviously. According to the BMI scale... I should be 160 pounds... but I look a lot better and feel a lot better at 190 for example. Whether or not you feel the volume of people in my case is small.... BMI is still a dinosaur measuring tool. At the end of the day all that matters is your actual health and body fat percentage. When I'm helping people lose weight or bulk up.. one of the first things I tell them is to not be deceived by a weight scale or discouraged. It's not rare to actually gain weight when working out hard from muscle mass, despite the fact that you're getting smaller.

You have to remember how polling is done. It's very pretentious and full of estimations and assumptions. There is no possible way to tell with accuracy how overweight ANY nation is unless you measure the body fat of every individual. I will say that BMI is used because as a general rule for the average person... it does work. I'm just saying for 15-20 percent of people it isn't the best measuring method, which is far from the percentage you seemed to be suggesting. I've always been stocky (good muscle mass) so I know first hand I'm an exception. I've had 17 inch calves and 17 inch arms since high school and have always had very muscular legs and base. Most guys like Dwight Howard for example that are ripped have terribly small bodies from the waist down which keeps them within BMI range.

You ever notice Dwight's arms are twice the size of his calves? Or how his shoulders are 3 times broader than his hips/waist? That's not exactly normal or good. If he had a stronger base.. and added mass to his lower body he would be as dominant as prime Shaq was.

LJJ
09-22-2011, 12:47 PM
According to the BMI scale... I should be 160 pounds... but I look a lot better and feel a lot better at 190 for example.

No shit you feel better at 190, you feel better because you are stuffing your face with cheeseburgers all day. Admit it.

Clippersfan86
09-22-2011, 12:51 PM
No shit you feel better at 190, you feel better because you are stuffing your face with cheeseburgers all day. Admit it.

Haha :cheers: . Naw I'm more athletic, more explosive and feel healthier and more energized. When I was 5'7 in high school I was 170 and in excellent shape but now I'm 5'11 and have more muscle mass so 190-200 is a good range for me. I think it's all about body type and finding out what weight works best for you. Some people do better super lean, some extremely muscular and others in the middle. I have an uncle who's a Sheriff and he is a fitness nut. One year he came to Christmas party and was HUGE at like 6'1 240 all muscle. Then next year he came and was 180 and felt too small/weak. Then the year after that he found the perfect sweet spot for him at 6'1 210 or so. It's a fun experiment.

blablabla
09-22-2011, 01:19 PM
http://rat-hunter.com/red-neck-rat-hunting.jpg

Clippersfan86
09-22-2011, 01:22 PM
http://rat-hunter.com/red-neck-rat-hunting.jpg

Would you want that thing firing off rounds at you from a barn? :roll: