PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon Martin signs with Xingiang Guanghui

Grinder
09-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Longtime Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin will sign a contract to play with Xingiang Guanghui in the Chinese Basketball Association.

Martin's contract will be the the biggest in CBA history.

"It's a great opportunity for him to stay in shape and stay fresh," said Andy Miller, Martin's agent. "And it also gives him an opportunity to expand his name globally."

It's an exciting career opportunity for Martin, an unrestricted free agent, who won't have an out-clause in his contract. The CBA ends on Feb. 16, but Martin's team is talented and could make a playoff run toward the end of March.

Wilson Chandler and J.R. Smith, Martin's Denver teammates, are also playing in China this year.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18944651

So he's definitely making more than $3 mil per season. Wonder how much the full contract is worth.

Nuggets players leaving left and right.
Lawson in Lithuania (out clause)
Gallinari in Italy (out clause)
Mozgov in Russia (out clause)
JR Smith in China (no out clause)
Wilson Chandler in China (no out clause)
Kenyon Martin in China (no out clause)
...and then there's Nene who opted out of his contract.

Theoo's Daddy
09-21-2011, 01:18 PM
F$ck!!!!!! I really wanted this guy on miami heat. Nuggets players love china.

Droid101
09-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Denver so ****ed next season. :lol

mattvNJ
09-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Denver players are out of their minds... lol Im wondering more details about this... i wouldn't dare go overseas with a no out clause like some of these guys are doing.

DuMa
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
i wonder why the denver players are collectively 'screwing' the team?

mattvNJ
09-21-2011, 01:37 PM

exactly, i understand those leaving but some of their core leaving without an out clause is just ridiculous i also wonder what is driving them to this decision i hope not just a pay day

Rowe
09-21-2011, 01:41 PM
JR Smith & Kenyon Martin werent coming back, so it really is only Wilson Chandler screwing the Nuggets by being gone until March.

The biggest screwjob will be Nene tricking the Nuggets into overpaying him at $12 Million+ per year or having to let him walk. :eek: When in actuality Nene is a contract year player who is a slightly above average NBA Center, not a Franchise player.

We'll need Kenyon Martin in NY for the Playoff push once he comes back.

Theoo's Daddy
09-21-2011, 02:04 PM
JR Smith & Kenyon Martin werent coming back, so it really is only Wilson Chandler screwing the Nuggets by being gone until March.

The biggest screwjob will be Nene tricking the Nuggets into overpaying him at $12 Million+ per year or having to let him walk. :eek: When in actuality Nene is a contract year player who is a slightly above average NBA Center, not a Franchise player.

We'll need Kenyon Martin in NY for the Playoff push once he comes back.

The word is martin and jr smith pulled this moves so they can join melo in NY and not to go back to denver.

Rowe
09-21-2011, 02:09 PM
The word is martin and jr smith pulled this moves so they can join melo in NY and not to go back to denver.
No problem. I've wanted both if we can somehow get them to split the MLE.

K-Mart is close friends with Melo & Amare.
JR Smith is friends with Melo & hes from Jersey so it would be like a homecoming.

Stat & Melo
09-21-2011, 02:19 PM

lol its "the word"? :roll: according to whom?

HylianNightmare
09-21-2011, 02:23 PM
man the nugs best guys don't have out clauses

D.J.
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Martin wasn't going back to Denver anyway. I would like to see him and Steve Nash in Knicks jerseys, though I doubt either will happen.

NuggetsFan
09-21-2011, 02:37 PM

Martin probably wants to play with a contender. J.R probably just wants to get away from Karl. Makes sense for J.R to leave for a year and come back try and mature\slow down his game a little bit maybe.

I seriously doubt they want to go to NY tho. J.R and Melo beefed and weren't exactly close. Remember J.R calling Melo selfish after a playoff game on twitter. Maybe Martin wants to go to NY never really seemed like a guy who'd want to go join up with Melo tho.

Really hope Denver let's Nene walk now.

Theoo's Daddy
09-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Martin probably wants to play with a contender. J.R probably just wants to get away from Karl. Makes sense for J.R to leave for a year and come back try and mature\slow down his game a little bit maybe.

I seriously doubt they want to go to NY tho. J.R and Melo beefed and weren't exactly close. Remember J.R calling Melo selfish after a playoff game on twitter. Maybe Martin wants to go to NY never really seemed like a guy who'd want to go join up with Melo tho.

You really want him gone ?

Rowe
09-21-2011, 02:41 PM

Damn didnt know JR Smith had issues with Melo. Thought they were cool.

NuggetsFan
09-21-2011, 02:42 PM
You really want him gone ?

I do now. Denver was going to go with the depth thing. Guy's like Martin and J.R were probably going to walk anyways but now with Chandler\Martin\J.R all gone I'd rather just let Nene walk and hit rock bottom rather than floating in the middle of the pack. Rather win 25 games than 34-40 in the West.

Plus Nene isn't worth 11+ mill.

Theoo's Daddy
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
That was the time when Coach karl had cancer in the playoffs and Jazz had their foot so deep in their asses, nuggets just fell apart. Adrian dantley couldn't do shit. I'm sure melo and JR are cool now.

NuggetsFan
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM

I'm just judging by on court reactions and that one issue. Remember when Melo fell down against OKC J.R not giving a single f*ck and than scoffing acting like Melo was fine. I honestly have no clue what there like off court, just during the Jazz series that thing on twitter always led me to believe they weren't too close. Who knows tho. If I'm NY I wouldn't want him at all.

bagelred
09-21-2011, 02:59 PM
It's all about Kostas Koufos for the Nuggets now.

bagelred
09-21-2011, 03:00 PM
No problem. I've wanted both if we can somehow get them to split the MLE.

Didn't you learn anything from the Isiah years? Enough with the "bad guys". Recruit "good guys".

Personality matters, not just supposed talent.

You can go for Smith and Martin.....I'm looking to get Grant Hill.

Rowe
09-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Didn't you learn anything from the Isiah years? Enough with the "bad guys". Recruit "good guys".

Personality matters, not just supposed talent.

You can go for Smith and Martin.....I'm looking to get Grant Hill.

1 year deals with "character risks" to build around our core is better than investing 5 years in them which Zeke made a mistake in doing. If Smith or Martin doesnt work out, we can cut our losses and look elsewhere. Hopefully they come here and fit in. I just like the attributes each would bring with their toughness, Kenyon Martin's espescially.

We dont have any of those type of guys. No tough guys.

JR Smith is Hot & Cold, but he has his games where he makes big plays and raises the effort on defense pumping up the crowd. If he finds consistency under D'Antoni hes a borderline Top 10 SG.

K-Mart plays good defense, is a thug on the court & will give us that "tough" edge our defense is missing. Hard to say but hes better than anything we might be able to find to play at Center this season.

Nothing against Grant Hill, but our team needs a tough edge to it so we can shake the stereotype our team is soft and doesnt play defense.

bagelred
09-21-2011, 03:24 PM
1 year deals with "character risks" to build around our core is better than investing 5 years in them which Zeke made a mistake in doing. If Smith or Martin doesnt work out, we can cut our losses and look elsewhere. Hopefully they come here and fit in. I just like the attributes each would bring with their toughness, Kenyon Martin's espescially.

We dont have any of those type of guys. No tough guys.

JR Smith is Hot & Cold, but he has his games where he makes big plays and raises the effort on defense pumping up the crowd. If he finds consistency under D'Antoni hes a borderline Top 10 SG.

K-Mart plays good defense, is a thug on the court & will give us that "tough" edge our defense is missing. Hard to say but hes better than anything we might be able to find to play at Center this season.

Nothing against Grant Hill, but our team needs a tough edge to it so we can shake the stereotype our team is soft and doesnt play defense.

You didn't learn your lesson.......smh...........

Rowe
09-21-2011, 03:37 PM
You didn't learn your lesson.......smh...........

I just want to win a title.

Melo & Amare together are better than any "stars" we had under Isiah. As long as we go through them & potentially CP3, we'll be fine. That Big 2 or Big 3 is all I'm worried about, we just need to put some people next to them to help us get by Chicago & Miami.

Those teams under Isiah were a cluster**** without any guys who elevate a team on their own. A lot of talented "bad guys" but we were trying to make a square fit into a round hole by thinking they'd work together.

Math2
09-21-2011, 03:48 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18944651

So he's definitely making more than $3 mil per season. Wonder how much the full contract is worth.

Nuggets players leaving left and right.
Lawson in Lithuania (out clause)
Gallinari in Italy (out clause)
Mozgov in Russia (out clause)
JR Smith in China (no out clause)
Wilson Chandler in China (no out clause)
Kenyon Martin in China (no out clause)
...and then there's Nene who opted out of his contract.
Nuggets are screwed....Who know if Gal will even come back...same with Mozgov...he may not return also........

Theoo's Daddy
09-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Nuggets are screwed....Who know if Gal will even come back...same with Mozgov...he may not return also........

The NY- denver trade is starting to turn ugly. NY raped nuggets on this trade, the long term effects from this trade on the nuggets will not be good compared to NY.

Bosnian Sajo
09-21-2011, 04:10 PM
So Kenyon Martin, Wilson Chandler, AND JR Smith 100% will not play this season...Denver hoping the lock out is not resolved until next season :oldlol:

NuggetsFan
09-21-2011, 04:23 PM
The NY- denver trade is starting to turn ugly. NY raped nuggets on this trade, the long term effects from this trade on the nuggets will not be good compared to NY.

Kinda funny considering only one piece of this info involves that trade :lol . Kenyon and J.R were both unstriced FA before anything NY|Denver related. Chandler is taking a year off, Nuggets still hold his rights. Mosgov and Gallo still under contract. Still have the two future 1st's.

NY\Denver trade looks about the same as it did 3 months ago.

Euroleague
09-21-2011, 04:40 PM

It might possibly have something to do with the fact that they won't get paid all next year by the NBA.

Euroleague
09-21-2011, 04:43 PM
It's all about Kostas Koufos for the Nuggets now.

There have already been a bunch of rumors that Koufos will join PAOK in Greece.

boozehound
09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
most of those dudes werent going back to denver anyways. Smith and Martin were not coming back

Rnbizzle
09-21-2011, 05:02 PM

He is now your best player :facepalm

MeLO MvP 15
09-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Damn if JR, Kenyon and Wilson all took one year deals with no outs in China, it makes me think if one of them would've signed with NY for a one year deal (specifically Kenyon). Kenyon was my top realistic choice for NY, but too late for that I guess (unless he comes back in March).

I'm actually really disappointed about this for Kenyon. This guy has made SO MUCH money in his career. He is one of the most overpaid players in NBA history and one of the poster-children for this lockout (along with Arenas, Lewis, Curry and the many franchise crippling contracts) then he finally has the chance to go and take a pay cut and go play for a contender or stay in Denver for a contract he's actually worth but he goes overseas to take another big pay day and waste a year of his career (which won't last much longer). Good for him, he got more money... but I would think a guy who has made over $120 million and missed so many games/ seasons wouldn't rather take the extra $1 or $2 million (he would've gotten more money in the NBA and this only makes sense if we lose the whole season which won't happen) and lose an entire season in the NBA (unless he's planning on his team losing by March so he can comeback for the playoffs with a contender. I really liked Kenyon and what he brings to a game with his intensity, but this isn't a good move for him. This is the same guy who got mad at Denver's FO for giving Al Harrington a contract that he thought he deserved (as an extension).

bagelred
09-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Still have the two future 1st's.

No, only 2014 1st rounder.

bagelred
09-21-2011, 05:43 PM
There have already been a bunch of rumors that Koufos will join PAOK in Greece.

Do they have sarcasm in Europe?

bagelred
09-21-2011, 05:48 PM
for a contract he's actually worth but he goes overseas to take another big pay day and waste a year of his career (which won't last much

What an American-centric comment. I'm sure the 1 billion people in China don't think he's "wasting a year" in his career. If anything, he'll have a whole new and interesting experience on his resume. Maybe he'll write a book about it. It's not "wasting" anything.....he's getting paid to play basketball. Not like Kenyon is a HOF anyway......what does he care about his NBA legacy?

swi7ch
09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Good decision. There will not be a season this year anyway.

NoGunzJustSkillz
09-21-2011, 06:29 PM
exactly, i understand those leaving but some of their core leaving without an out clause is just ridiculous i also wonder what is driving them to this decision i hope not just a pay day
ummm why the fck else would he sign a contract overseas without an opt out clause? i mean come on now. these fellas live a very expensive life which isn't possible without a source of income.

MeLO MvP 15
09-21-2011, 06:37 PM
What an American-centric comment. I'm sure the 1 billion people in China don't think he's "wasting a year" in his career. If anything, he'll have a whole new and interesting experience on his resume. Maybe he'll write a book about it. It's not "wasting" anything.....he's getting paid to play basketball. Not like Kenyon is a HOF anyway......what does he care about his NBA legacy?
Sure whatever but a Chinese team would've signed him in a few years when his NBA career is done so why take away a valuable year in your NBA career (assuming there's a season). I think most would agree that a good basketball player would want to spend as many years as possible in the NBA. I'm pretty sure Kenyon's China move was more about money and his brand than "experiencing" a new culture.

Rowe
09-21-2011, 06:38 PM

He'll come back with the CBA MVP too.

A true ego boost to average 35/15 in China dominating some scrubs.

longtime lurker
09-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Kenyon Martin is the exact type of player the Knicks need. His athleticism has faded but he's still the tough hard nosed player that Knicks fans would love. Imagine if Knicks have drafted Brandon Jennings, him Melo Martin and Amare would be the all swag team

Theoo's Daddy
09-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Kenyon Martin is the exact type of player the Knicks need. His athleticism has faded but he's still the tough hard nosed player that Knicks fans would love. Imagine if Knicks have drafted Brandon Jennings, him Melo Martin and Amare would be the all swag team

The defense on this team would be horrible though. Apart from martin, everybody else is not good on defense.

NuggetsFan
09-21-2011, 06:56 PM
No, only 2014 1st rounder.

Every source I've looked at has said two future 1st's. Thought it was '15 and '16, maybe it's 14' and 15' tho. Pretty sure there unprotected too. Not 100% so if you've got a source I could be wrong.

He is now your best player :facepalm

Arguably. Ty Lawson, Gallo, AA aren't far behind if at all when you consider there younger guy's that are going to progress for the most part. Even so. It's similar to the Atlanta Hawks. Joe Johnson was there best player. Denver isn't in the East, when we overpay Nene will be doing so to compete for the 8th seed\10-14 lottery range most likely. Pay 12 mill to a 14\9 center who isn't aggressive enough to be the focal point of the offense? No thanks. I'd rather let him walk, develop guy's like Ty and Gallo on route to higher draft picks.

Losing Kenyon, J.R, Wilson for a year. Really no point in overpaying when the key to Denver's success was depth. Denver will probably end up overpaying for Nene tho and 2-3 years down the line it'll be looked at as a mistake.

Crown&Coke
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
KMart in NY would be SIIIIICK!

He can hit the mid range shot, plays defense like he cares, and him next to Amare and Melo would be the best frontcourt in the L, at least one of the best.

longtime lurker
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
The defense on this team would be horrible though. Apart from martin, everybody else is not good on defense.

Well let's be honest the Knicks are going no where as a team until they get rid of Dantoni. Martin is exactly the type of player they need, but whether the idiot coach would play him is another story.

MeLO MvP 15
09-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Well let's be honest the Knicks are going no where as a team until they get rid of Dantoni. Martin is exactly the type of player they need, but whether the idiot coach would play him is another story.
Don't act like D'antoni didn't try to play defense. You think he puts Jared Jefferies and Shelden Williams (and arguably Ronny Turiaf and Anthony Carter) out there for their offense?

Obviously D'antoni isn't a defensive minded coach, but his efforts at improving the defense were there. Also Mike Woodson should help a lot.

R.I.P.
09-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Do they have sarcasm in Europe?

Is Arkansas in Europe?

Human Error
09-21-2011, 07:36 PM
lol nba players are really dumb. They are not going to accept 25~30 percent paycut to play in the nba, and are glad to sign elsewhere at just over 2 mil a year and saying it is a great opportunity for them. What is the point? they just can give up to the owners and remain in the nba at still 5~6 mil a year. Nba players are much richer than me and i admit they have much glamourous lives than me but they will never get my respect with the way they think and act so dumb.

NuggetsFan
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
lol nba players are really dumb. They are not going to accept 25~30 percent paycut to play in the nba, and are glad to sign elsewhere at just over 2 mil a year and saying it is a great opportunity for them. What is the point? they just can give up to the owners and remain in the nba at still 5~6 mil a year. Nba players are much richer than me and i admit they have much glamourous lives than me but they will never get my respect with the way they think and act so dumb.

We really don't know what it's like tho. You don't know what Kenyon Martin's life is like. You don't know what it's like to get paid 15+ mill a year. Have people offering you these kinda of deals.

Easy to say what's right or wrong when your not in there situation. Heck for all we know Martin just wants to go oversea's for abit and wants to make some cash\play ball while doing it. Maybe living oversea's is worth a 20% paycut when you've already made 100 mill.

All Net
09-21-2011, 08:45 PM
There is no opt out it seems

purplch0de
09-21-2011, 08:55 PM
this is good for the lockout, puts added pressure on the owners.

Theoo's Daddy
09-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I think this china contracts might just be what breaks the owners. I hope it does.

NoGunzJustSkillz
09-21-2011, 09:14 PM
I think this china contracts might just be what breaks the owners. I hope it does.
doubt it. maybe if these guys were signing multi-year deals...

Theoo's Daddy
09-21-2011, 09:20 PM
doubt it. maybe if these guys were signing multi-year deals...

A big name player might sign a multiple year deal if the lockout continues past december.

Grinder
09-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Doubt it bothers the owners much.

CBA teams can only sign 2 American players each and there's limits on the number of minutes they can play.

NoGunzJustSkillz
09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
A big name player might sign a multiple year deal if the lockout continues past december.
different story. they can't sign a contract without an opt out clause.

bagelred
09-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Every source I've looked at has said two future 1st's. Thought it was '15 and '16, maybe it's 14' and 15' tho. Pretty sure there unprotected too. Not 100% so if you've got a source I could be wrong.

2014 1st round, 2012 and 2013 2nd rounders from GSW.......just google the trade. that's what it says.

longtime lurker
09-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Don't act like D'antoni didn't try to play defense. You think he puts Jared Jefferies and Shelden Williams (and arguably Ronny Turiaf and Anthony Carter) out there for their offense?

Obviously D'antoni isn't a defensive minded coach, but his efforts at improving the defense were there. Also Mike Woodson should help a lot.

I only need to look at Shawne Williams guarding Dwight in single coverage to see how much emphasis Dantoni puts on defense. Not to mention the whole Corey Brewer fiasco. He flat out said that he wouldn't play the guy, what coach does that? He played Shelden Williams but sparingly and I have no idea why the hell he played Jefferies who's next to useless. Don't get me wrong Woodson will help the Knicks defensively, but the best teams have their head coach preaching a defense first mentality.

B-Low
09-21-2011, 10:19 PM
I wonder how they'll respond to his "Badass Yellow Boy" tat in China now that he's surrounded by nothing but....ah nevermind

Rowe
09-21-2011, 10:44 PM
I only need to look at Shawne Williams guarding Dwight in single coverage to see how much emphasis Dantoni puts on defense. Not to mention the whole Corey Brewer fiasco. He flat out said that he wouldn't play the guy, what coach does that? He played Shelden Williams but sparingly and I have no idea why the hell he played Jefferies who's next to useless. Don't get me wrong Woodson will help the Knicks defensively, but the best teams have their head coach preaching a defense first mentality.

Brewer, Williams, & Jeffries weren't exactly guys we wanted or needed. Remember we moved the entire team basically. We'll probably do it again if we somehow can trade for CP3 + Okafor.

D'Antoni did his best to make things work with our current players, and Jeffries was the only guy out there who we felt could somewhat play C. Jeffries sucks and wont be back next season, but he was better than doing nothing. I mean did you want us to call Eddy Curry back? All you need to do is look at the Free Agents on NBA 2K11 and see it was very slim pickings out there for anyone to play C.

We let Jordan sign in Europe, but I'd much rather us have brought him back and kept him in the D-League on call just in case we needed him to be a factor. I think we'll do that this season now that we have our own D-League team.

In terms of Brewer, we basically got a similar player in Derrick Brown. Long, athletic 6'8 defender who cant shoot. Brewer didnt really do much in Dallas either once signing with them. If he cant get his shot together he really isnt effective no matter where hes at.

Euroleague
09-21-2011, 11:56 PM

Nope. First of all, the NBA is demanding a 45% pay cut for ALL players. Not 25-30%.

Secondly, the salaries overseas are after taxes are paid. That 2 million a year, is actually 4 million how the NBA counts salary.

The average NBA salary was at $5.8 million under the old CBA. Under the new one the owners demand it will be cut by 45%. So no, NBA players cannot just make 5-6 million under the new agreement.

Get your facts right.

Euroleague
09-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Doubt it bothers the owners much.

CBA teams can only sign 2 American players each and there's limits on the number of minutes they can play.

I might be wrong, but I believe that CBA teams can sign 3 foreign players, with 2 of them being American. If that is the case (I'm not sure as I forgot exactly what their rule is) then American players could easily do like McCalebb and buy a EU passport from FYRO Macedonia, Ukraine, Bulgaria (some African countries are now even selling cheap passports) somewhere like that for like 100,000 bucks and then they could sign in China.

So if they do allow a third non-American foreign player, then they can easily get around that rule.

Euroleague
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
different story. they can't sign a contract without an opt out clause.

Just so you know, the Euroleague has already said that they don't think that rule FIBA made is legal over them. They said they won't challenge it for now, but that if the NBA season is going to be lost they said they will definitely take that to court as the NBA and FIBA had no authority to make such a rule on the Euroleague.

Euroleague
09-22-2011, 12:03 AM
There is no opt out it seems

The CBA does not allow American players to sign contracts with opt outs.

bluechox2
09-22-2011, 10:34 AM
it must really suck to live in denver

bagelred
09-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Language barrier problems. China, in trying to become more Westernized, agreed to bring in the first KMart. Unfortunately, they were confused when a 6' 10" black man showed up.......

bluechox2
09-22-2011, 11:17 AM
:facepalm

niko
09-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Nope. First of all, the NBA is demanding a 45% pay cut for ALL players. Not 25-30%.

Secondly, the salaries overseas are after taxes are paid. That 2 million a year, is actually 4 million how the NBA counts salary.

The average NBA salary was at $5.8 million under the old CBA. Under the new one the owners demand it will be cut by 45%. So no, NBA players cannot just make 5-6 million under the new agreement.

Get your facts right.

You know no matter how much you talk about it, spin it, etc. when the lockout ends every player except the most marginal are going to run home to the NBA. There is no Euroleague renassaince coming. You know this right?

NugzFan
09-22-2011, 01:47 PM

uh...what? the ONLY guy who left who could have came back was chandler. and he still might later on as we have his rights. and kmart and jr signing in china not only doesnt hurt denver, but leaves two talented players from signing with other teams.

how so?

12 mill per, depending on the cap would be a good deal for nene/denver IMO. but if its a hard cap at like 40, then clearly not.

man the nugs best guys don't have out clauses

kmart and jr are the nuggets best players? really? :facepalm

NugzFan
09-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm just judging by on court reactions and that one issue. Remember when Melo fell down against OKC J.R not giving a single f*ck and than scoffing acting like Melo was fine. I honestly have no clue what there like off court, just during the Jazz series that thing on twitter always led me to believe they weren't too close. Who knows tho. If I'm NY I wouldn't want him at all.

i could see NY signing JR. :applause:

I just want to win a title.

so...sign jr smith?

yeah...everyone who signs over seas is definitely gone. thats how it works. :oldlol:

because kmart and jr signed in china?

when ny wins the title you all claim, then you "win" the deal. til then, you are all repeating the same thing over and over and none of it is true.

So Kenyon Martin, Wilson Chandler, AND JR Smith 100% will not play this season...Denver hoping the lock out is not resolved until next season :oldlol:

kmart and jr were gone anyways. the other 29 teams lost out on these 2 players. not us. wc i hope we match later on after the lockout is over.

NugzFan
09-22-2011, 01:56 PM
KMart in NY would be SIIIIICK!

He can hit the mid range shot, plays defense like he cares, and him next to Amare and Melo would be the best frontcourt in the L, at least one of the best.

the more i think about it, the funnier it is - kmart signs in china then knick fans all start gushing about him in ny. same shit as always - every player only wants to be in ny. :oldlol: love the knick-fan-mentality.

love to hear the logic on this. "kmart signs in china, therefore it sucks to live in denver" ...yeah, makes sense. :rolleyes:

knick fans are failing so hard today. couple are pretty good but most are just not.

SpecialQue
09-22-2011, 02:19 PM

But I've heard that Denver is chill?

:confusedshrug:

bagelred
09-22-2011, 02:20 PM
:facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm

Clippersfan86
09-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Funny thing is during the playoffs last season I debated with a couple Nuggets fans that they would lose at least 3 of their free agents. Little did I know they would lose more than that. Even if only 3 are tied in... Jr Smith, Wilson Chandler and Kenyon being subtracted from the Nuggets= no playoffs.

Clippers and Warriors have a really good shot at taking their playoff spot this year like I predicted last season, even more so now.

NuggetsFan
09-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Funny thing is during the playoffs last season I debated with a couple Nuggets fans that they would lose at least 3 of their free agents. Little did I know they would lose more than that. Even if only 3 are tied in... Jr Smith, Wilson Chandler and Kenyon being subtracted from the Nuggets= no playoffs.

Clippers and Warriors have a really good shot at taking their playoff spot this year like I predicted last season, even more so now.

Funny thing is your still wrong .. we own Wilson Chandler's rights. He's a restricted FA. So as it stands right now, we haven't lost 3 players yet. If we miss a full year, Chandler could play for the Nuggets the year after. J.R and Kenyon are unrestricted and nobody thought we'd keep both of them. AA, Nene and one of J.R|Wilson was always the plan in most people's eyes.

Personally like I've said earlier in the thread hope that plan doesn't work out.

boozehound
09-22-2011, 04:07 PM

again, jr and kmart were not really wanted back (kmart, maybe, but not for a big or long deal). So, the only loss is chandler (as dano and the others who signed overseas are still under contract with them), who is restricted anyways and will be back (perhaps at a reduced price since he will be off the radar) for them. people are making way too big a deal of this for denver.

bagelred
09-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Wow, with all these Nuggets signing overseas.....Nuggets are short on players.

Ya know who the Nuggets could really use right now?.......Renaldo Balkman. I think they should take him back.....

kurple
09-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I'm not gonna cry over loosing KMart or JR. I love both of them, but the Nuggets are going in a new direction. And these are actually the two guys I would prefer to leave, ahead of Ty, Gallo, AA, Nene, WC and Moz

Both were most likely to leave this summer either way, and we've already got potential replacement for both of the in Faried and Hamilton + much increased cap space (people seem to forget this)

Theoo's Daddy
09-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow, with all these Nuggets signing overseas.....Nuggets are short on players.

Ya know who the Nuggets could really use right now?.......Renaldo Balkman. I think they should take him back.....

i think NY likes him more though.

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Funny thing is your still wrong .. we own Wilson Chandler's rights. He's a restricted FA. So as it stands right now, we haven't lost 3 players yet. If we miss a full year, Chandler could play for the Nuggets the year after. J.R and Kenyon are unrestricted and nobody thought we'd keep both of them. AA, Nene and one of J.R|Wilson was always the plan in most people's eyes.

Personally like I've said earlier in the thread hope that plan doesn't work out.

Last I heard is that China WILL NOT be signing players to contracts unless they are guaranteed for a year with NO opt out. Meaning you aren't getting Chandler this season unless something changed. The loss of K Mart your best defender/soul of the defense... and your best off the bench player in Jr Smith will be a huge blow to the team, probably more than you're admitting. Down play this all you want Nuggets fans but it isn't like you're losing scrubs. You're losing 2 starters and your 6th man. Kind of a big deal.

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 12:59 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6969186/jr-smith-denver-nuggets-signs-chinese-league-contract

"Even if the issues are resolved in time for there to be a 2011-12 NBA season, Chandler and Smith won't be able to return to play in the NBA until the end of the Chinese season, which runs through March."

So who wants to tell me the loss of Smith, Martin AND Chandler isn't going to affect this team??? They definitely aren't a playoff team without those 3 guys right now. Who's going to carry the Nuggets? Gallinari and Nene???? Please. I mean I like Denver and all but anyone saying this won't greatly alter the team is in denial.

Euroleague
09-23-2011, 01:19 AM
You know no matter how much you talk about it, spin it, etc. when the lockout ends every player except the most marginal are going to run home to the NBA. There is no Euroleague renassaince coming. You know this right?

The Euroleague is a much better league than the NBA. It does not need a single NBA player to be better.

Besides, there won't be an NBA season.

Euroleague
09-23-2011, 01:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6969186/jr-smith-denver-nuggets-signs-chinese-league-contract

"Even if the issues are resolved in time for there to be a 2011-12 NBA season, Chandler and Smith won't be able to return to play in the NBA until the end of the Chinese season, which runs through March."

So who wants to tell me the loss of Smith, Martin AND Chandler isn't going to affect this team??? They definitely aren't a playoff team without those 3 guys right now. Who's going to carry the Nuggets? Gallinari and Nene???? Please. I mean I like Denver and all but anyone saying this won't greatly alter the team is in denial.

They have nothing to worry about. There will not be an NBA season.

All Net
09-23-2011, 03:26 AM
There will be an NBA season it just depends when...

kurple
09-23-2011, 08:29 AM

Martin was more injured than healthy and useless on the offensive end. He became a decent rebounded at the end of his career, his defense against perimeter big men is great and much better than his post defense. I have no idea what kinda contract he would get, but I bet it will be more than what he's worth to us especially with his injury concern. I honestly think Faried has a very good chance of becoming an upgrade for our rebuilding team

JR is JR. He is not the difference between success and failure. People only overrate him now because they either want him for their team or want the Nuggets to look worse. I have to say that he could be a great fit in Chicago IMO.

We are not gonna win a championship this next season. So I have no problem with WC playing in China.. This next draft class is VERY strong and it would be great if we could get a good lottery pick and then get WC back next season.

The 3 of them are all very solid players, but are easily replaceable

And I'm positive the Nuggets will sign at least a couple of FA's as well with all that cap space we got.

bagelred
09-23-2011, 08:45 AM
i think NY likes him more though.

not sure if serious

NuggetsFan
09-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Last I heard is that China WILL NOT be signing players to contracts unless they are guaranteed for a year with NO opt out. Meaning you aren't getting Chandler this season unless something changed. The loss of K Mart your best defender/soul of the defense... and your best off the bench player in Jr Smith will be a huge blow to the team, probably more than you're admitting. Down play this all you want Nuggets fans but it isn't like you're losing scrubs. You're losing 2 starters and your 6th man. Kind of a big deal.

What are you even talking about? You said you told us we'd lose 3 FA's, you were wrong. Or atleast premature in saying you were right. We still own Chandler's rights. He won't play this season, but when he comes back to the NBA the ball will be in Denver's court in weather or not we keep him. So we've only lost 2 FA's .. the 2 in witch nobody though we'd really keep anyways.

All I was saying. Not going to talk about impact playoffs(Hamilton will be J.R's filler, Faried K-Mart I imagine plus we don't know what Denver does in FA, what happens with Nene etc.) because well .. right now looks like there's not even going to be a season.

NuggetsFan
09-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Chandler was like the 5th best player on the team. K-Mart had lots of impact, J.R was always a wildcard. It deff hurts. You can tell Denver drafted based on losing J.R\K-Mart tho. Nene\Lawson\Gallo\AA are the best players on the Nuggets tho.

But once again, wasn't even disputing what you were saying about talent. Just that one sentence you said. Point is moot as it stands right now because there's no season, don't even know what the finals rosters are going to be. Denver could lose Nene for all we know and be a lottery team.

Human Error
09-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Get your facts right.
Nope you idiot. Owners are trying to reduce players' salary from 58% to 49%. You do the math that is about 15~20% decrease. Top salaries will take more cuts than lower end salaries to even out. Where did you hear that owners want 45% paycut you little piece of garbage?

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Chandler was like the 5th best player on the team. K-Mart had lots of impact, J.R was always a wildcard. It deff hurts. You can tell Denver drafted based on losing J.R\K-Mart tho. Nene\Lawson\Gallo\AA are the best players on the Nuggets tho.

But once again, wasn't even disputing what you were saying about talent. Just that one sentence you said. Point is moot as it stands right now because there's no season, don't even know what the finals rosters are going to be. Denver could lose Nene for all we know and be a lottery team.

Okay cool. BTW fair enough I did mean Chandler would leave in free agency and technically I'm wrong because it's only 1 year. One question though.... how is Wilson Chandler your 5th best player when he's your 1st or 2nd most productive all around player? I'd say he's your 2nd best player impact wise after Nene no? He's better than Gallinari at this point. Become a Clippers fan and enjoy the ride for the next decade Nuggets ;p. Or at least follow the Clips as a second team lol. It will be an adventure seeing is Sterling can ruin these Clippers.

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Nope you idiot. Owners are trying to reduce players' salary from 58% to 49%. You do the math that is about 15~20% decrease. Top salaries will take more cuts than lower end salaries to even out. Where did you hear that owners want 45% paycut you little piece of garbage?

:facepalm . A 58 percent cut down to a 49 percent cut is actually 9 percent decrease....

NuggetsFan
09-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Okay cool. BTW fair enough I did mean Chandler would leave in free agency and technically I'm wrong because it's only 1 year. One question though.... how is Wilson Chandler your 5th best player when he's your 1st or 2nd most productive all around player? I'd say he's your 2nd best player impact wise after Nene no? He's better than Gallinari at this point.

First time I've heard that to be honest. Wilson Chandler was a complete no show in the playoffs offensively. He's a solid defender but his shot selection can be pretty iffy. Averaged less than 5ppg in the playoffs. I'd say Lawson or Nene is our best player. Nene lacks the aggressiveness to be the best player on the team no question. I think Gallo is a little bit better than Chandler and AA as well.

Lawson|Nene - no question better than Chandler
AA |Gallo

J.R and Kenyon have a case over Chandler as well IMO. Mind you it's not like Chandler was far behind in my mind, he'd obviously be right there with everyone.

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 01:58 PM
First time I've heard that to be honest. Wilson Chandler was a complete no show in the playoffs offensively. He's a solid defender but his shot selection can be pretty iffy. Averaged less than 5ppg in the playoffs. I'd say Lawson or Nene is our best player. Nene lacks the aggressiveness to be the best player on the team no question. I think Gallo is a little bit better than Chandler and AA as well.

AA |Gallo

J.R and Kenyon have a case over Chandler as well IMO. Mind you it's not like Chandler was far behind in my mind, he'd obviously be right there with everyone.

Yea that's actually one of the biggest problems with the Nuggets going forward. Bunch of middle tier talent. No head of the team, no franchise player. It's great for balance and they overachieved and surprised the hell out of me second half of season but it's also bad. Can't be consistently playoff contenders when you can't clearly distinguish your first best talent from your fifth.

I know it's not cool for Nuggets fans... but I'm thinking if they tank for a possibly franchise player in this years draft (top 5) they would be contenders for a long long time. They would join the Thunder, Clippers, Grizzlies, Wolves group of young teams with tons of talent in the west that should be set over the next decade.

Or you guys can package up 2 pieces of middle tier talent and a draft pick and get a clear go to player. For example.... Wilson Chandler+Andre Miller+ pick for Monta Ellis etc.

NuggetsFan
09-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Yea that's actually one of the biggest problems with the Nuggets going forward. Bunch of middle tier talent. No head of the team, no franchise player. It's great for balance and they overachieved and surprised the hell out of me second half of season but it's also bad. Can't be consistently playoff contenders when you can't clearly distinguish your first best talent from your fifth.

I know it's not cool for Nuggets fans... but I'm thinking if they tank for a possibly franchise player in this years draft (top 5) they would be contenders for a long long time. They would join the Thunder, Clippers, Grizzlies, Wolves group of young teams with tons of talent that should be set over the next decade.

Or you guys can package up 2 pieces of middle tier talent and a draft pick and get a clear go to player. For example.... Wilson Chandler+Andre Miller+ pick for Monta Ellis etc.

Yeah at this point far to many question marks with guy's like Nene, Chandler coming back. Don't think we'll make a big enough splash in FA to overcome that, if Nene infact does not get brought back. I want to tank instead of being a middle of the pack team, can see why some Nuggets fans wouldn't tho. Denver is still pretty talented, seems kinda silly to completely throw that away for the draft witch can be extremely uncertain. Blow it up for the 8th pick and you get a Joe Alexander? really sets you back.

I think Gallo|Lawson can be more than "middle tier" talent. Lawson has half a season starting. He has half a year under his belt being in control. Averaged something like 14-15\6\3 with 1+ steals a game while shooting 50% and 40% from 3. Whenever he filled when Billups was out it was the same thing. He produced. He didn't produce while winning 30 games either like alot of the young talent does. He produced on a playoff team. Think he has potential to be a fringe All-Star, 18\7 type guy. Witch isn't middle the pack to me.

Gallo is really inconsistent. Has a great stroke. Great size. Just needs to put it together. He's been banged up and maybe that continues on but he's only like 23. Think he has lots of potential .. but seems like a boom or bust kinda deal. Either going to average 22\6\3 or be what he is right now. At this point he's probably the definition of middle of the pack talent but I think that could POTENTIALLY change.

Right in saying no franchise player. Extremely unlikely somebody steps up and takes that role. If Hamilton|Faried pan out + depth + a piece or two landed in FA I think Lawson could be the best player on a solid team that finishes 8-6th and get's knocked out in the first round.

I'm with you tho, I'd love to tank. Just not sure a core of Lawson|Gallo|AA would lose you enough games to get that high pick. If you let Nene, Chandler, never made a FA pickup go. Maybe start Mosgov, play guy's like Koufous, the two rooks big minutes. Maybe you finish 5th-10th last. Could really backfire.

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah at this point far to many question marks with guy's like Nene, Chandler coming back. Don't think we'll make a big enough splash in FA to overcome that, if Nene infact does not get brought back. I want to tank instead of being a middle of the pack team, can see why some Nuggets fans wouldn't tho. Denver is still pretty talented, seems kinda silly to completely throw that away for the draft witch can be extremely uncertain. Blow it up for the 8th pick and you get a Joe Alexander? really sets you back.

I think Gallo|Lawson can be more than "middle tier" talent. Lawson has half a season starting. He has half a year under his belt being in control. Averaged something like 14-15\6\3 with 1+ steals a game while shooting 50% and 40% from 3. Whenever he filled when Billups was out it was the same thing. He produced. He didn't produce while winning 30 games either like alot of the young talent does. He produced on a playoff team. Think he has potential to be a fringe All-Star, 18\7 type guy. Witch isn't middle the pack to me.

Gallo is really inconsistent. Has a great stroke. Great size. Just needs to put it together. He's been banged up and maybe that continues on but he's only like 23. Think he has lots of potential .. but seems like a boom or bust kinda deal. Either going to average 22\6\3 or be what he is right now. At this point he's probably the definition of middle of the pack talent but I think that could POTENTIALLY change.

Right in saying no franchise player. Extremely unlikely somebody steps up and takes that role. If Hamilton|Faried pan out + depth + a piece or two landed in FA I think Lawson could be the best player on a solid team that finishes 8-6th and get's knocked out in the first round.

I'm with you tho, I'd love to tank. Just not sure a core of Lawson|Gallo|AA would lose you enough games to get that high pick. If you let Nene, Chandler, never made a FA pickup go. Maybe start Mosgov, play guy's like Koufous, the two rooks big minutes. Maybe you finish 5th-10th last. Could really backfire.

Yup. Agree with all this. Don't want to do what the Suns and the like did and keep random mix of players and barely miss playoffs or consistently be a low seed. You need a franchise player. Too bad Melo was such a little bit#h.

NuggetsFan
09-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Yup. Agree with all this. Don't want to do what the Suns and the like did and keep random mix of players and barely miss playoffs or consistently be a low seed. You need a franchise player. Too bad Melo was such a little bit#h.

Meh Melo gave us some good years but I agree my worst fear is being like Houston|PHX. After watching 8 years of making the playoffs, failing in the 1st round every year except for one I have no problem with blowing it up and going through a 2-3 years process trying to restart. Rather be the team finishing 1st-5th last rather than the team finishing 10th or 9th.

Doubt the front office and other fans agree. So we won't see the Nuggets blow it up. Can see them overpaying Nene, trying to grab someone from FO. Grinding it out for the playoffs.

bagelred
09-23-2011, 02:47 PM

AA |Gallo

Wilson Chandler f-cking blows. You don't want that overrated piece of crap. If you were a real Nuggets fan, you should convince Denver management to not offer him a qualifying offer. He's trash.

I suppose the Knicks....well, I suppose we could take him back. We'll deal with his awful play here in New York.

We'll just deal with his complete ineptitude.....such as plays like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij89XrGICtg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MlqWxlJnUY

You're Welcome. :cheers:

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Meh Melo gave us some good years but I agree my worst fear is being like Houston|PHX. After watching 8 years of making the playoffs, failing in the 1st round every year except for one I have no problem with blowing it up and going through a 2-3 years process trying to restart. Rather be the team finishing 1st-5th last rather than the team finishing 10th or 9th.

Doubt the front office and other fans agree. So we won't see the Nuggets blow it up. Can see them overpaying Nene, trying to grab someone from FO. Grinding it out for the playoffs.

Yea exactly. Rockets are a good example of what you don't want to be also. Sure those teams scrap hard but there is no benefit to being a middle of the road team or 8th seed really if you don't have room for improvement.

F that about Melo dude. He was a whiny bitc* and deserves to be criticized from Nuggets fans. I understand he played his heart out for you.. but instead of being a man and telling the FO to get certain pieces or that he wanted to be built around.. he joined up with another star. Denver had a legit shot for WCF a couple years and did go there once. Lawson developing, Chauncey healthy and Nene healthy would of been plenty around Melo not to mention great bench guys like Birdman and Jr. It's not like Lebron in Cleveland where he had a bunch of washed up players and scrubs most of the time.

I think Wilson Chandler would be a great fit for the Clippers if he doesn't resign. All we need to really contend is a little more bench depth and a do everything kind of SF. Sure Chandler isn't a star but as a 3rd or 4th option guy who can score, rebound and play defense that would be perfect. Plus he would be a good player for at least 10 years or so which is what we need. A SF young enough to grow with our nucleus.

kurple
09-23-2011, 04:50 PM
I honestly don't see LAC or NYK being THAT much better than the Nuggets with their superstars.

They showed that they can be a very good regular season team, meaning a good seed. And I could definitely see them challenge for the 2nd round.

I'd rather have that than end up like the T-Wolves. Rebuilding doesn't always mean you'll end up as OKC

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 05:02 PM
I honestly don't see LAC or NYK being THAT much better than the Nuggets with their superstars.

They showed that they can be a very good regular season team, meaning a good seed. And I could definitely see them challenge for the 2nd round.

I'd rather have that than end up like the T-Wolves. Rebuilding doesn't always mean you'll end up as OKC

:lol . Is this a joke or something? Blake Griffin, Melo and Amare are proven first options/franchise player types. Eric Gordon is a bonafide star 2nd option who on a team like Denver would EASILY be the man.

You honestly think Eric Gordon isn't a lot better than your best players? Sure Denver did better than both teams but that had a lot to do with the guys having great chemistry. As well as being a very deep team. They were a very cohesive unit. You saw what the loss of Perkins did to Boston right? Well Kenyon was your defensive leader AND you lost your 6th man and best all around contributor statistically in Chandler (till 2012-2013 at least).

I have no problem even saying Denver was a better team than the Clippers and Knicks last year... because it was a fact. To say that the Clippers and Knicks franchise players don't have a huge edge over Denver is a straight up joke though. The Knicks have 2 alpha dog superstars/borderline superstars and just need time to figure it out. Unlike Wade/Lebron they aren't unselfish so it didn't click as quickly.

The Clippers are set for a long time. Last season it became clear that Eric Gordon was a star 2nd option and Blake was our main guy. Eric Gordon has shown zero problem with that. In fact he likes being off the radar.

Which Nuggets player wouldn't you trade for any of the 4 players? I'm sorry if I'm coming off like a dic* but just don't know why you'd say there isn't a gap between the 3 teams.

NuggetsFan
09-23-2011, 05:17 PM
You saw what the loss of Perkins did to Boston right? Well Kenyon was your defensive leader AND you lost your 6th man and best all around contributor statistically in Chandler (till 2012-2013 at least).

- Denver's not like Boston. Kenyon was our best defensive player but it's not like Denver's a team that needs a defensive anchor. Force some turnovers, push the tempo.

- Jordan Hamilton is a straight up scorer. At certain points there was talk of him going in the lottery. He's primed to be J.R's replacement. How that goes I'm not really sure but there's a chance he can be that 10+ guy off the bench for Denver.

- You keep bringing up Chandler. I don't know his stats off hand. I do know that there probably not better than Nene's, Lawson's and probably right on par with Gallo's and AA's.

but just don't know why you'd say there isn't a gap between the 3 teams.

No doubt there's a gap on PAPER between the three teams. That's what it is so far tho. Clippers haven't done anything, don't have anybody who's proven. They could come out next year and be the 3rd seed as well as miss the playoffs again. Denver could lose Nene and finish 13th or they could keep Nene add a few more pieces and regain the depth they have after last year.

You bring up our chemistry but this team just went. I think you gotta credit Karl and our PG's(lawson and felton) as well as some of our current personal because we had the same amount of time to gel and get ready like the Knicks.

Lawson|Miller
AA|Hamilton
Gallo|Harington
Faried|Birdman
Nene|Bird|Mosgov|Koufus

Plus I'm pretty sure Denver has the money to go out and sign somebody like David West. IF .. witch is a BIG IF Denver goes all in with this team(I hope they don't like I've already said) than next year and next year alone? I don't think it's crazy to think Denver can win more games than L.A.

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 05:25 PM
- Denver's not like Boston. Kenyon was our best defensive player but it's not like Denver's a team that needs a defensive anchor. Force some turnovers, push the tempo.

- Jordan Hamilton is a straight up scorer. At certain points there was talk of him going in the lottery. He's primed to be J.R's replacement. How that goes I'm not really sure but there's a chance he can be that 10+ guy off the bench for Denver.

- You keep bringing up Chandler. I don't know his stats off hand. I do know that there probably not better than Nene's, Lawson's and probably right on par with Gallo's and AA's.

No doubt there's a gap on PAPER between the three teams. That's what it is so far tho. Clippers haven't done anything, don't have anybody who's proven. They could come out next year and be the 3rd seed as well as miss the playoffs again. Denver could lose Nene and finish 13th or they could keep Nene add a few more pieces and regain the depth they have after last year.

You bring up our chemistry but this team just went. I think you gotta credit Karl and our PG's(lawson and felton) as well as some of our current personal because we had the same amount of time to gel and get ready like the Knicks.

Lawson|Miller
AA|Hamilton
Gallo|Harington
Faried|Birdman
Nene|Bird|Mosgov|Koufus

Plus I'm pretty sure Denver has the money to go out and sign somebody like David West. IF .. witch is a BIG IF Denver goes all in with this team(I hope they don't like I've already said) than next year and next year alone? I don't think it's crazy to think Denver can win more games than L.A.

I'm not comparing the Nuggets as a whole to the Clippers. Nor am I implying the Clippers have done anything to deserve praise/respect lately. What I'm saying is there is a HUGE gap between Griffin, Gordon, Amare and Melo and ANY Nuggets player. We are talking about 4 guys who will likely be perennial all stars... compared to a group of guys who will be lucky to have 1-2 all star appearances between all of them over the course of their career.

As for if Denver can win more games than LA next year who knows? You guys have a better coach and a more experienced team. It's possible though very doubtful because you guys are losing 3 main guys. I'm not here to bash Denver because I respect what they accomplished last season. I'm just saying you guys aren't the 04 Pistons. You aren't good enough to make it far without a superstar/franchise player.

A trade like I suggested to get a player like Monta Ellis who at least is a legit go to scorer.. would be huge for you guys.

Chandler's stats last year...

15 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 apg and 1.5 bpg. Best all around player on the Nuggets arguably (statistically). We also can't forget he struggled to learn the George Karl system. For the Knicks pre trade he was putting up the same numbers mostly but 17 ppg on much better shooting, less fouls and less turnovers.

NuggetsFan
09-23-2011, 05:34 PM
15 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 apg and 1.5 bpg. Best all around player on the Nuggets arguably (statistically). We also can't forget he struggled to learn the George Karl system. For the Knicks pre trade he was putting up the same numbers mostly but 17 ppg on much better shooting, less fouls and less turnovers.

He was nowhere near those numbers when he played with Denver tho. Even than Nene put up like 15\8\2 with a block and a steal. Lawson post trade like 14-15\7\3 with a 1+ steal while being way more efficient. Gallo was at like 14\5\3 I think. AA wasn't too far off.

I get what your saying. If Denver does go all in I think they finish better than L.A tho. If they let Nene walk, don't do anything in FA than they'll sink.

Clippersfan86
09-23-2011, 05:42 PM
He was nowhere near those numbers when he played with Denver tho. Even than Nene put up like 15\8\2 with a block and a steal. Lawson post trade like 14-15\7\3 with a 1+ steal while being way more efficient. Gallo was at like 14\5\3 I think. AA wasn't too far off.

I get what your saying. If Denver does go all in I think they finish better than L.A tho. If they let Nene walk, don't do anything in FA than they'll sink.

IF Nuggets can at least keep Nene and guys like Lawson, Gallo and Mozgov improve enough.. they will be in contention for a low seed again. I think Clippers and Warriors at least have a shot to grab it from them though.

Euroleague
09-23-2011, 06:05 PM

The owners are vowing to demand a 45% pay cut genius.

kurple
09-23-2011, 06:07 PM
why would we compare stars and not teams?

Droid101
09-23-2011, 06:11 PM
The owners are vowing to demand a 45% pay cut genius.
Where did you hear this? Please post a link.

You are the worst poster in history.

BallsOut
09-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Language barrier problems. China, in trying to become more Westernized, agreed to bring in the first KMart. Unfortunately, they were confused when a 6' 10" black man showed up.......

:lol

el gringos
09-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Kenyon Martin was the most damaging contract in nba history
-------
Carmelo and JR smith love playing together- they just never got to try it
-
George karl is such a pathetic egomaniac that when you combine him with the rotten job kroenke has done it forces any player with the choice to leave
-
Carmelo is a great businessman and not only got to a place he wanted to be, but also never talked bad about a guy who paid him 100 million dollars or a guy who spent 5 years trying to sabatoge him instead of trying to build around him-
-
Nene is clearly the best player on the roster- and if you included jr they are the 2- jr will leave for nothing in return to get added to the list of players gone for nothing while hopefully the nugs get some type of young player/pick for nene
-
Had the nuggets had an honest coach and an owner willing to pay for a champion Carmelo would still be in denver and the nugs would be in the beginning/middle of the next nba dynasty

kurple
09-25-2011, 11:17 AM
IF Nuggets can at least keep Nene and guys like Lawson, Gallo and Mozgov improve enough.. they will be in contention for a low seed again. I think Clippers and Warriors at least have a shot to grab it from them though.
I agree with this. It will be interesting to see what teams do with the new CBA..

I would love a team like this:

Lawson - Miller (Billups if the whole season goes away)
Afflalo - Hamilton - Miller (Same here)
Gallo - Jeff Green - Forbes/Hamilton
Faried - Green - Bird
Nene - Moz - Bird

bagelred
09-25-2011, 12:46 PM
:lol

rimshot

Thank you......thank you very much.......please tip your waitress.......

Wicked_1
09-27-2011, 03:54 PM
does anyone know exactley how much his contract is worth??