PDA

View Full Version : My prediction as to how the movie Batman: Dark Knight Rises will go. Made-up spoilers

DonDadda59
09-24-2011, 03:30 AM
Can't sleep, just saw the trailer again, thought I'd pass the time by sharing my new theory...

The first 2 movies have set it up and the last one will knock it out of the park.

Begins- The Symbol:

"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely... a legend, Mister Wayne."-Henri Ducard (Ra's Al Ghul)

Ducard used frontmen to play the role of Ra's- a figure who struck fear into the heart of criminals/corrupt societies worldwide. But that's all they were, figureheads of an ideal, a symbol. Bruce Wayne takes this idea and uses it to create the Batman, a symbol of fear to criminals but of hope for change for the city of Gotham:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6J5BcHFCs

"As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored I can be destroyed... but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting"

Dark Knight- Dying the hero

In the Dark Knight, one of the 'hockey pad' Batmen is kidnapped by the joker and while being tortured he says Batman is a "symbol that we don't have to be afraid of scum like you". The Joker has a good laugh at this because he is the antithesis of the 'symbol' that Batman represents, although he is just a different side of the same coin.

But as the film goes on and what Batman represents to Gotham becomes murkier and harder to decipher, a white knight comes along. He convinces the city, including Wayne/Batman himself that he, not the dark knight, is the symbol that Gotham needs to galvanize itself. But Dent imparts words of wisdom that would prove to be poignantly self-fulfilling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDz8CW6utWY

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

The white knight of gotham is eventually corrupted by the agent of chaos in the Joker and changes from a man of honor into a conflicted monster driven only by chance. But the dark knight takes the blame for two face's actions and becomes public enemy #1 in Gotham. As far as the city knows, he is a cop killer and murdered their white knight. Which brings us to the epic conclusion.

The Dark Knight Rises... then dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Sktgm0aD8

"Every Hero has a journey. Every journey has an end". That's the tag line for the new trailer.

I think that pretty much sums up everything that Nolan has been building towards in his saga. Batman will sacrifice himself in some dramatic way to save Gotham from Bane and the league of shadows plot to destroy the city and will forever be the symbol of civil service, heroism, etc.

It's possible that someone else will take up his mantle, ala the Knightfall series when Bane broke his back and Azrael was the 'Batman' for a bit. But Bruce Wayne will be dead before the movie ends but the symbol and legend of the Batman will live in Gotham forever.

/random rant

IlliniFan
09-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Cool thansk for potentially ruinign the moivie

Stuckey
09-24-2011, 03:33 AM
it's amazing batman hasn't died already, i doubt his mask is bullet proof

didn't he fall like 50 stories in batman begin?

DonDadda59
09-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Cool thansk for potentially ruinign the moivie

:oldlol:

It's just a theory of mine. I haven't seen any footage, haven't seen a screenplay, I could be completely off base. Just going by what I pieced together from the narrative of Nolan. Just seems like he's been setting it up from the beginning. Harvey Dent/Two Face being the obvious parallel- starts of as the 'white knight' a symbol that even Batman thinks would serve Gotham better than himself, he becomes corrupted, turned into a villain. But he dies as the symbolic white knight while the dark knight takes the fall for his actions, thus becoming a 'villain' himself.

It was necessary in his mind (and Gordon's) because they understood how devastating it would be for the populace to learn that they're white knight had become a twisted murderous monster. So in probably his most heroic act, Batman becomes the dark knight, the hunted criminal. But in the end, he will rise, almost like a resurrection, life after the death of the flesh.

DonDadda59
09-24-2011, 03:48 AM
Almost forgot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXjaE3Gst_M&feature=related

"But is Ra's Al Ghul immortal? Are his methods supernatural?"

Ra's is immortal as a symbol, to criminals worldwide but also to the league of shadows, which is probably making a big appearance in the last film.

Stuckey
09-24-2011, 04:06 AM
but why would they kill off batman when he makes the studio long paper?

DonDadda59
09-24-2011, 04:11 AM

They might just leave it with a cliffhanger, like Batman dies but we don't have conclusive evidence. There's a ton of people who are still convinced that two face/dent didn't die, don't agree with them but the same thing could happen. Might be a Sopranos like ending. But Nolan made it clear he doesn't want to go past # 3 and I don't think Bale wants to do another film unless he's attached.

But maybe the movie will break some box office records and Warner bros will drive a dump truck of cash to Nolan's and Bale's homes and they won't be able to say no to 'The Dark Knight Resurrected' or some shit like that.

But there's always...

http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/4/41/Azrael-batman_01.jpg

But like I said, just my theory. It makes perfect sense with the narrative and themes of the first 2 films.

Draz
09-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Batman is the shit.

Myth
09-24-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm so happy that was a theory, because I for a moment I was pissed when I saw the title of the thread thinking it was a spoiler.

L8k3r5
09-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Can't sleep, just saw the trailer again, thought I'd pass the time by sharing my new theory...

The first 2 movies have set it up and the last one will knock it out of the park.

Begins- The Symbol:

"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely... a legend, Mister Wayne."-Henri Ducard (Ra's Al Ghul)

Ducard used frontmen to play the role of Ra's- a figure who struck fear into the heart of criminals/corrupt societies worldwide. But that's all they were, figureheads of an ideal, a symbol. Bruce Wayne takes this idea and uses it to create the Batman, a symbol of fear to criminals but of hope for change for the city of Gotham:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6J5BcHFCs

"As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored I can be destroyed... but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting"

Dark Knight- Dying the hero

In the Dark Knight, one of the 'hockey pad' Batmen is kidnapped by the joker and while being tortured he says Batman is a "symbol that we don't have to be afraid of scum like you". The Joker has a good laugh at this because he is the antithesis of the 'symbol' that Batman represents, although he is just a different side of the same coin.

But as the film goes on and what Batman represents to Gotham becomes murkier and harder to decipher, a white knight comes along. He convinces the city, including Wayne/Batman himself that he, not the dark knight, is the symbol that Gotham needs to galvanize itself. But Dent imparts words of wisdom that would prove to be poignantly self-fulfilling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDz8CW6utWY

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

The white knight of gotham is eventually corrupted by the agent of chaos in the Joker and changes from a man of honor into a conflicted monster driven only by chance. But the dark knight takes the blame for two face's actions and becomes public enemy #1 in Gotham. As far as the city knows, he is a cop killer and murdered their white knight. Which brings us to the epic conclusion.

The Dark Knight Rises... then dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Sktgm0aD8

"Every Hero has a journey. Every journey has an end". That's the tag line for the new trailer.

I think that pretty much sums up everything that Nolan has been building towards in his saga. Batman will sacrifice himself in some dramatic way to save Gotham from Bane and the league of shadows plot to destroy the city and will forever be the symbol of civil service, heroism, etc.

It's possible that someone else will take up his mantle, ala the Knightfall series when Bane broke his back and Azrael was the 'Batman' for a bit. But Bruce Wayne will be dead before the movie ends but the symbol and legend of the Batman will live in Gotham forever.

/random rant
Good theory but I honestly don't see this happening. Those quotes that you posted were basically themes for the movie. "As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored I can be destroyed... but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting" Represents Bruce Wayne basically becoming Batman. He is to become a symbol of hope to Gotham city. And this quote "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" Represented what happened to Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight. He was Gotham's ''White Knight'' and when Rachel died and after he got burned up he became Two Face and a villain. And the last quote for The Dark Knight Rises represents that is the last movie in the series and what could be at the end of the movie, Batman could hang up the cape?:confusedshrug: Another thing Chris Nolan never intended to make three movies in the first place. Even when he made The Dark Knight. How do these quotes lead up to Batman's death?

vitamink420
09-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Seriously doubt they would straight up kill Bruce Wayne. The worst that could happen is maybe he'll get his back broken by Bane.

kaiiu
09-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Goat superhero

L8k3r5
09-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Goat superhero
THIS

rezznor
09-24-2011, 01:20 PM
They might just leave it with a cliffhanger, like Batman dies but we don't have conclusive evidence. There's a ton of people who are still convinced that two face/dent didn't die, don't agree with them but the same thing could happen. Might be a Sopranos like ending. But Nolan made it clear he doesn't want to go past # 3 and I don't think Bale wants to do another film unless he's attached.

But maybe the movie will break some box office records and Warner bros will drive a dump truck of cash to Nolan's and Bale's homes and they won't be able to say no to 'The Dark Knight Resurrected' or some shit like that.

But there's always...

http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/4/41/Azrael-batman_01.jpg

But like I said, just my theory. It makes perfect sense with the narrative and themes of the first 2 films.

god this was an awful costume. perfect example of 90's comics

DonDadda59
09-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Good theory but I honestly don't see this happening. Those quotes that you posted were basically themes for the movie. "As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored I can be destroyed... but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting" Represents Bruce Wayne basically becoming Batman. He is to become a symbol of hope to Gotham city. And this quote "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" Represented what happened to Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight. He was Gotham's ''White Knight'' and when Rachel died and after he got burned up he became Two Face and a villain. And the last quote for The Dark Knight Rises represents that is the last movie in the series and what could be at the end of the movie, Batman could hang up the cape?:confusedshrug: Another thing Chris Nolan never intended to make three movies in the first place. Even when he made The Dark Knight. How do these quotes lead up to Batman's death?

Because I don't believe those themes are meant to be self-contained within each individual film, but rather as the overall overarching narrative of the 3 part saga. Notice how in the trailer for the new one, they make sure to open with Ra's'/Ducard's quote about becoming more than a man, becoming a story, a legend. All the while making it clear that the hero's journey ends in this one, it's a conclusion to the story.

Gary Oldman even says in this interview that Nolan cycles the film back to the Dark Knight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uTFuyks9fE

At the end of TDK, Batman himself realizes that is how he can be most useful to Gotham, by sacrificing himself. He did it to ensure that the legacy and symbol of the 'white knight' would not be destroyed by the joker, and he'll do it again- rising to meet the new evil presented by Bane and the league. I just think it will be the ultimate sacrifice this time, he'll become the hero that Gotham both needs AND deserves:

TDK Ending, watch it again and LISTEN to what they say (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8)

PowerGlove
09-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm so happy that was a theory, because I for a moment I was pissed when I saw the title of the thread thinking it was a spoiler.
This...i thought don was apart of the movie and leaked that shit....

DonDadda59
09-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Just thank the comic book gods they didn't slap on some hammer pants on him :oldlol:

This...i thought don was apart of the movie and leaked that shit....

come on, give me more credit than that. I'm not that cold-blooded.

chips93
09-24-2011, 01:52 PM

if he dies, it will be nolan's decision to kill him off, and hes a legit director, not too occupied with making money, he wants to make a great film first and foremost, plus hes got the pull in hollywood to do it, even against a studio's wishes.

DonDadda59
09-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Going back to Begins...

Ra's/Ducard: Throughout the ages, our weapons have become more sophisticated. With Gotham, we tried a new one: economics. But we underestimated certain of Gotham's people. Like your parents. Gunned down by the very people they were trying to help. Their deaths galvanized the city into saving itself, and Gotham has limped on ever since. We are back to finish the job. And this time no misguided idealists will get in the way. Like your father, you lack the courage to do all that is necessary. If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart.

Perfect parallel for what I think happens in Rises, everything is cyclical- without the Waynes' deaths, Gotham would've plunged further into economic depression and crime and people wouldn't have taken action to save their city. Also, Batman would've never been conceived. They died in the flesh but lived on in Gotham as symbols (same as Dent), the same fate awaits their son.

TennesseeFan
09-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Goat superhero

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/051/b/1/Goku_ssj4_by_EpicMoon.jpg

kaiiu
09-24-2011, 02:58 PM
comic book hero :hammerhead: American

Timmy D for MVP
09-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I doubt they'd do it BUT:

They could leave on a cliff hanger, make you think like maybe he's died. An ambiguous ending.

Then let the series sit for a while. And then:

The Dark Knight Returns. :bowdown:

DonDadda59
09-24-2011, 03:18 PM
I doubt they'd do it BUT:

They could leave on a cliff hanger, make you think like maybe he's died. An ambiguous ending.

Then let the series sit for a while. And then:

The Dark Knight Returns. :bowdown:

Then get Nick Nolte to play an old Batman in the future, he's already got the voice :oldlol:

TennesseeFan
09-24-2011, 04:41 PM
comic book hero :hammerhead: American

Be specific.

Clippersfan86
09-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Okay Bane breaking Batman's back isn't farfetched. I say that happens and they make 1 more. Even though it's all on Christopher Nolan. Christian Bale already said he will NOT do ANY Batman movie unless it's a Christopher Nolan one. Last thing I want is a reboot of the series less than 10 years later like we are seeing with Spider Man (another great superhero adaption till part 3's mess up).

If Nolan is done with Batman... he will likely either be fine or die.... no in between. If he wants a sequel Bane is breaking Batman's back and following the comic plot.

L8k3r5
09-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Okay Bane breaking Batman's back isn't farfetched. I say that happens and they make 1 more. Even though it's all on Christopher Nolan. Christian Bale already said he will NOT do ANY Batman movie unless it's a Christopher Nolan one. Last thing I want is a reboot of the series less than 10 years later like we are seeing with Spider Man (another great superhero adaption till part 3's mess up).

If Nolan is done with Batman... he will likely either be fine or die.... no in between. If he wants a sequel Bane is breaking Batman's back and following the comic plot.
Chris Nolan has already said this is the last Batman film he's making. This is the last one in the trilogy. Another thing, Why would someone make another reboot if this series is fvcking amazing. The point of a reboot is to start fresh and make a better series. The reboot with the spider-man series was not necessary. Reboots are overused nowadays with superhero movies :facepalm

Myth
09-24-2011, 06:30 PM

F*ck that shit.

DonDadda59
12-10-2011, 05:11 PM
New poster just unveiled (sorry, can't resize) :eek: :

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2011/12/darkknightrisesposter-big.jpg

Meticode
12-10-2011, 05:19 PM
If Batman died I'd be like "WTF?"

pete's montreux
12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
I heard rumors that Bane will beat him into hiding and Batman will become a born again Christian. He sneaks up onto people and offers advice in that rough, gravely voice. It'll be the worst Batman movie ever.

Meticode
12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
New poster just unveiled (sorry, can't resize) :eek: :

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2011/12/darkknightrisesposter-big.jpg
Is that fan-made? The back of Bane's head looks like it's fully clothed. In the shots from the movie it shows a lot of his bald head.

DonDadda59
12-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Is that fan-made? The back of Bane's head looks like it's fully clothed. In the shots from the movie it shows a lot of his bald head.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/12/10/the-dark-knight-rises-teaser-poster-bane

The Official Site (http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/)

Sarcastic
12-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Prologue being released in select cities on December 16.

Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX
New York, NY.

Myth
12-10-2011, 06:15 PM

I think it is just the lighting. It looks like he is looking down and to the right, making the strip that goes up the middle of his head on the left, and then the rest is his bald head just in weird lighting.

LJJ
12-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't think Batman dies. If that was the big twist ending, they would never allude to it in this fashion.

Also, there will be a new Batman movie in three years, whether Nolan and Bale want to be involved or not.

LA_Showtime
12-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I love the movies, but why does he have to talk like such a ****ing douche bag? His voice just sounds retarded.

Nick Young
12-10-2011, 09:09 PM
The movie takes place 7 years after the dark knight

Scholar
12-10-2011, 09:34 PM
If Batman does die, it better be an epic death. I think the mass public won't be happy with his death, unless it means some new Batman franchise will follow afterward, such as a series of Robin movies or something, but that wouldn't be as exciting.

soadrules
12-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I doubt he dies. That image is probably from Bane breaking Batman's back (like he did in the comic books). Batman then comes back and beats Bane.

Though I wouldn't put it past Nolan to leave a cliff hanger for something like this.

To be honest, I like Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight.

bada bing
12-10-2011, 09:44 PM
The movie takes place 7 years after the dark knight

yes. whats your point?

Nick Young
12-10-2011, 09:55 PM
yes. whats your point?
to spoil it for people who dont know.

Batman needs to go into hiding at the end of this and retire, SETTING UP THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS FOR THE NEXT FILM IN THE SERIES:bowdown:

Scholar
12-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Or they could break his back in the beginning and then flash forward 7 years and he comes back to defeat bane.

:applause: This makes the most sense.

Scholar
12-10-2011, 10:12 PM
But if that's the case, it'll be interesting to see how Bruce Wayne will carry about for the duration of the healing process. I mean, if people know Batman was injured & suddenly Bruce Wayne disappears... You guys get the picture, right?

ConanRulesNBC
12-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, this will not happen. You know how many people would avoid seeing the movie if they found out about this?

All it would take is a real spoiler to get out or people who see it on opening night/weekend to talk about it and word to get out and so many people wouldn't go and see it.

KingBeasley08
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM
f*ck OP. thought he was tellin spoilers when i saw the thread :oldlol:

ConanRulesNBC
12-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Also, there's not going to be a cliffhanger. This is the last movie in the series. If the studio wants to make more they can but will have to do it as a reboot because Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale are done making Batman after this.

Kebab Stall
12-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Looks like it was drawn by Rob Liefeld.

His art is just so over the top and ridiculous.

lefthook00
12-11-2011, 03:00 PM
The Dark Knight RISES...

DonDadda59
12-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah, this will not happen. You know how many people would avoid seeing the movie if they found out about this?

All it would take is a real spoiler to get out or people who see it on opening night/weekend to talk about it and word to get out and so many people wouldn't go and see it.

Yup, and then the movie would be a financial disaster like the Empire Strikes Back (#1 grossing film in 1980) and the Sixth Sense (#2 grossing movie in '99, only behind Star Wars). Obviously plot twists and spoiler word of mouth stopped people from seeing those films.

DonDadda59
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Dropsmicandwalksoffstage.gif
:roll:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1324222_o.gif

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll248/ecmanthony/sexualchocolate.gif

bada bing
12-11-2011, 05:51 PM
if word spreads that Batman dies in the movie, that movie would have potential to match teh dark knight. You are dumb if you actually believe ppl will not go in. Everyone would want to see it and if the movie is good ppl will return to watch it again.

JustinJDW
12-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Doubt he dies, but anything is really possible. I think he's just gonna have his back broken, and then he's gonna have to come back and kick Bane's ass.

ConanRulesNBC
12-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Yup, and then the movie would be a financial disaster like the Empire Strikes Back (#1 grossing film in 1980) and the Sixth Sense (#2 grossing movie in '99, only behind Star Wars). Obviously plot twists and spoiler word of mouth stopped people from seeing those films.

Not because of the actual spoiler. You really think parents will take their kids to see it if word got out?

Knicks101
12-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Not because of the actual spoiler. You really think parents will take their kids to see it if word got out?

Yeah, I didn't take my kids to see Harry Potter when I heard that Snape kills Dumbledore, doubt any parent would.

shadow
12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
He won't kill Bruce Wayne. At best Wayne might end up in a wheel chair and in the end work with a different batman who takes up the mantle but he won't die. Or hey maybe he'll end up marrying Ra's' daughter and take over the league of Assassins and turn it to a less darker path. But he definitely will not die.

DonDadda59
07-20-2012, 08:19 PM
SPOILERS- I was right suckas!

Sort of :D /SPOILER

Lamar Doom
07-20-2012, 08:56 PM

Hahaha. I think we're done here.