PDA

View Full Version : PG Position

idizzle
09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't see Devin Harris as the future the Jazz. Here is a list of guards that will probably make some noise in the 2012 Draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012-nba-draft-preview-top-10-point-guards

Kendall Marshall from UNC plays like Jason Kidd.

Xiao Yao You
09-29-2011, 07:35 PM
U mean the Jason Kidd of today that passes and hits open 3's or the one that used to shoot all the time even though he couldn't shoot?

idizzle
09-29-2011, 08:25 PM
U mean the Jason Kidd of today that passes and hits open 3's or the one that used to shoot all the time even though he couldn't shoot?

The younger Jason Kidd lol. Jason Kidd is actually 3rd all time in 3pt shooting in NBA history.

Xiao Yao You
09-30-2011, 07:17 AM
U mean 3rd in made/ Attempts? 35% certainly isn't third.

idizzle
09-30-2011, 08:35 PM
U mean 3rd in made/ Attempts? 35% certainly isn't third.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say 3rd all-time made.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_all_time_leaders/AllTimeLeadersFG3Query.html

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Devin, if the NBA lockout continues, will you take your talents overseas in order to play this season? Devin Harris: I don't know. It's a tough question. I'm a new family man. My daughter was just born. (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/40607/jazz-g-devin-harris) If we're talking about February and March, then you might be silly not to look at it. I would say no, but things can change. ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/40607/jazz-g-devin-harris)

idizzle
10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Some other guys to look out for.

Tu Holloway from Xavier

Ashton Gibbs from Pittsburgh

Dexter Strickland from North Carolina (play both guard spots)

Seth Curry from Duke (play both guard spots)

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2011, 11:55 PM
I'd think they'll be looking at more of a pure point guard than a combo guard depending on how much things change up under Corbin.

idizzle
10-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd think they'll be looking at more of a pure point guard than a combo guard depending on how much things change up under Corbin.

Agreed. I stilll like Marshall from from UNC. Some say he plays like Jason Kidd and some say he plays like Andre Miller. Hopefully he will expand his game this season with the Tar Heels.

Xiao Yao You
10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Andre Miller like sounds a better fit for the Jazz again assuming how much things change under the new coaching staff

insidehoops
10-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Jazz have decisions to make, and need point guards. Quick read:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8412

Xiao Yao You
10-09-2011, 08:39 PM
[quote]The Jazz will need to pick up at least two free agents

El Kabong
10-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Andre Miller like sounds a better fit for the Jazz again assuming how much things change under the new coaching staff
Depends what he costs. He's not a long term solution either, best for 1-2 more years, but if you can score a young developing PG, then he'd be a good guy to have.

Xiao Yao You
10-10-2011, 12:18 PM
We were talking about some guy in college compared to Kidd and Andre Miller. I said an Andre Miller type player was a better fit but yes Andre Miller would be a better fit for the Jazz than Devin Harris regardless of how many more years he has left.

idizzle
10-10-2011, 08:35 PM
@Xiao Yao You, who do you think the Jazz should get at PG?

Xiao Yao You
10-11-2011, 09:57 AM
You mean in the draft? I don't follow the college game anymore so I couldn't tell u on that front. Still not real happy they gave Deron away to the second offer on the table.

Xiao Yao You
10-13-2011, 11:31 PM
As far as free agents they better not have Price as the back-up again!

Could look at Barea, Ford, Brown, Boykins, Telfair, Carter, Mills, or bring back Earl. Mills would be a young guy with some potential to take a look at. And he was behind their first round pick at the start of last year before the guy went down so he could be had I'd imagine. Supposedly they had interest in Flynn too and it sounds like he's still available. He didn't seem like a good fit but who knows who might be a good fit now if Corbin and staff change things up from the old way of doing things.

Also the possibility that teams will be able to get rid of a player with bad contract once they come to an agreement like last time. I think u have to get rid of Okur if u can but they could look at Devin or Jefferson with longer deals but they have trade value and more to offer on the court. Okur would have an expiring contract that would be of value too. Knowing the Jazz though they wouldn't take advantage of the opportunity like last time.

El Kabong
10-14-2011, 03:04 PM
As far as free agents they better not have Price as the back-up again!

Could look at Barea, Ford, Brown, Boykins, Telfair, Carter, Mills, or bring back Earl. Mills would be a young guy with some potential to take a look at. And he was behind their first round pick at the start of last year before the guy went down so he could be had I'd imagine. Supposedly they had interest in Flynn too and it sounds like he's still available. He didn't seem like a good fit but who knows who might be a good fit now if Corbin and staff change things up from the old way of doing things.

Also the possibility that teams will be able to get rid of a player with bad contract once they come to an agreement like last time. I think u have to get rid of Okur if u can but they could look at Devin or Jefferson with longer deals but they have trade value and more to offer on the court. Okur would have an expiring contract that would be of value too. Knowing the Jazz though they wouldn't take advantage of the opportunity like last time.
I like Mills, but he's not really much of a facilitator on offense. Probably a bit of a duplicate of Harris to be honest. Same with Telfair and Ford, although those two would probably be the cheapest options. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Watson or maybe looking at another cheap guy like Acie Law. If you can get Flynn for the right price, then you'd have to think about it too.

I'm with you on Price, would rather someone else as the backup PG.

I'd say Okur would be the obvious choice for a buyout. Don't see them shelling out the $30 million to buyout Jefferson (If they even have that kinda dough on hand). Don't think you can/should buy out Harris until you get a long term replacement set.

Xiao Yao You
10-15-2011, 08:50 AM
I like Mills, but he's not really much of a facilitator on offense. Probably a bit of a duplicate of Harris to be honest.

On the free agent list I looked at he's the only young prospect out there so unless u can get another one like Flynn or someone else in a trade or elsewhere I think u have to take a good look at him.

Same with Telfair and Ford, although those two would probably be the cheapest options.

Telfair almost signed in China which means no NBA out if he ends up going that way. Ford would be a good fit with the Sloan offense depending on how much things change up. He's an old school pass first point guard.

Wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Watson or maybe looking at another cheap guy like Acie Law.

I saw Acie Law on the list and passed right by him. He hasn't showed much if anything with any team he's been on. I like Earl and have no problem with him being back and not totally against Price as long as he's at the end of the bench as an energy guy when you need a spark not a rotation player but they will probably be going after two guys besides Harris.

I'd say Okur would be the obvious choice for a buyout.

And he's getting about the same as Deron in Turkey I guess around 5 million so give him another 5 and he'd have a hard time saying no and the Jazz save 5 and get him out of town before he teaches Kantner his loafing ways.

Xiao Yao You
10-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Brian T. Smith: (http://*********.com/twitter/media.html)Harris expects Jazz players will get together in near future if the lockout continues. Joked that Jeremy Evans is "somewhere in the South." (http://*********.com/twitter/media.html) Twitter (http://*********.com/twitter/media.html)

idizzle
10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
I think the Jaz should do like how the Thunder and Blazers did and build through the draft.

Xiao Yao You
10-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Don't have much choice when u suck and don't like to spend money. They do have money this off-season if they want to accelerate the process.

idizzle
11-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Stephen Curry's little brother is putting up some good numbers this season

15.8ppg, 4.3rbs, and 3.0apg.

He's shooting 51.4%, 88.2% from the FT line, and 58.8%from 3PT.

I think he's going to be a solid NBA player like his brother.

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2011, 08:14 AM
His brother has been more than solid I'd say. Their dad was solid. And the Jazz gave him away because of Bobby Hanson. LOL!

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Agent Mark Bartelstein said Monday "a number of things" are being examined for former Jazz guard Earl Watson but "nothing [has been] decided as of yet" concerning his options for playing overseas during the NBA lockout.
Watson reportedly turned down recent offers from teams based in China and Israel.
The veteran guard will be an unrestricted free agent when the lockout ends.

Brian T. Smith

magnax1
11-26-2011, 01:33 AM
I think I'd honestly rather have Watson start at PG then Harris. Harris is just not a point guard.

Xiao Yao You
11-26-2011, 10:14 AM
He's certainly not a 10 million dollar a year one. Price isn't one either.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Marshall sounds like their kind of player and they might even be able to trade down and still get whomever they want assuming they have a pick which is looking more and more likely with their current play. I could see them trying to trade into the draft if they don't too. They needed to start developing a young pg this year not two years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if they went after the local guy either. Could play him with Hayward, Burks and Millsap and they wouldn't necessarily need a pass first pg.

Xiao Yao You
04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Jody Genessy: D-League sharpshooter Blake Ahearn to sign a 10-day contract with the Utah Jazz, according to http://KSDK.com. (h/t @theutahjazzblog) Twitter

Good they can get a look at the guy before the off-season.

El Kabong
04-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Good they can get a look at the guy before the off-season.
Not expecting too much from him. He's been on the Heat and Spurs and spent preseasons with Minny and Washington. Seems like he's a decent shooter, but it remains to be seen if he can do it at a NBA level.

Xiao Yao You
04-10-2012, 08:14 PM
No it looks like he's been pretty bad in his two other stints and he got quite a bit of time in Miami but they were a few years ago. Pop said good things about him and he's been a top guy in the D-league. Might just need the right team. At 28 he should be in his prime. Can shoot. They need that. He will probably get a chance with all the inuries now too.

idizzle
04-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Kendall Marshall or Damian Lillard would be a good fit at PG for the Jazz.

El Kabong
04-12-2012, 07:58 AM
If the Jazz miss the playoffs and keep their own pick there's a chance they could score one of the two.

Xiao Yao You
04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Chances look pretty high that not only do they keep their two picks but that those guys will be available based on mock drafts. They only need one pick as far as I'm concerned with the other young guys they have so they better move up if they have to. Suppsedly they have talked to GS about trading the pick to them even if GS finishes out of top 7.

el gringos
04-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Tony wroten and jared Cunningham are better than those 2 guys

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Better in the Jazz system? Everybody on ISH just rated George ahead of Hayward who the Jazz drafted ahead of George. I doubt George would be as good as G in the Jazz system though.

Marshall sounds most like a Jazz type of pg. Lillard doesn't but they like local guys and they need a shooter. But who knows Corbin might be able to think outside the box more than Sloan and they might go for someone that doesn't fit their old mold and run the offense through G and Millsap and eventually Burks and whomever they get to run with them at the one? Right now they need to be looking at who will best fit with Millsap and G because they are the guys they should be building around based on what I've been seeing despite all the love Favors and Jefferson get.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2012, 03:11 PM
[quote]Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo told me it

Xiao Yao You
05-02-2012, 06:14 PM
[quote]Justin Dentmon, the 2012 NBA Development League Most Valuable Player, is joined by Reno Bighorns guard Blake Ahearn, now a member of the Utah Jazz, Dakota Wizards