PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K12: Association Mode

ukballer
10-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Discuss Association mode here.

Tell stories of your team, how you're doing, the trades you've made etc. Ask for tips, advice.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I thought i would jam with this game a bit, but you can't create a league that includes legends. You can't mix it, can't create teams to include them... I had mighty fun with NBA 2k4, i guess 2k is a bunch of realistic *******. What's the ****ing point, so you can only play with legends on quick game mode, are you serious? I'll figure it out somehow like always, but really, **** you.

ace23
10-08-2011, 12:48 PM
You have to unlock all the teams before you can add them to your Association.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
10-08-2011, 12:55 PM
You can play with legends in association by creating custom teams, signing them, and then you can modify their roster. Fill normal rosters with them, or run a fantasy draft prior to association. Fun.

Heavincent
10-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I just dropped 29 points with Kobe in the second half (22 in the fourth quarter).

I might start a franchise with the Nets later. I wanted to play as a good team so I can get used to the game.

Maniak
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense if we started during the 2011 NBA draft for the association, then went into FA and stuff.

I mean, it might not make sense, but it'd be extremely useful.

Heavincent
10-10-2011, 07:58 PM
So for my Nets association, I made trades to get Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson. Probably not very smart moves, but it takes me back to the early 2000s when the Nets were nasty.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

$LakerGold
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Wow I love, dropping fadeaway and post shots with Kobe.. They have really perfected his post shot!

PrimeJohnnyDepp
10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Are there any codes for unlocking legendary teams? I get bored so much, and can't defend the ice sliding fa66otry. It's just 2k, with it's ice sliding fa66otry, but then it's 6 second to shoot right, i try to get it to the best man, and i'm 27 seconds too late to shoot due to fa66otry. I just want those legends, give me my legends and my league with legends.

kentatm
10-12-2011, 04:20 PM
are any of you having trouble with this mode being buggy as all hell?

I cant get it to load draft classes, team have records that don't add up, and when I put in classic teams it gives them their real ages so the dudes are all in their 50s and retire right away. Steve Kerr won MVP with 4 points per game.

the my player mode keeps crashing on me as well.

Maniak
10-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Wow ken, I haven't come across any of those problems(then again, I rarely play 2k12), but they sound pretty bad...

I couldn't get draft classes when I tried. I just thought nobody bothered.

G-train
10-12-2011, 07:13 PM
are any of you having trouble with this mode being buggy as all hell?

I cant get it to load draft classes, team have records that don't add up, and when I put in classic teams it gives them their real ages so the dudes are all in their 50s and retire right away. Steve Kerr won MVP with 4 points per game.

the my player mode keeps crashing on me as well.

I havent heard anything like that anywhere.

ClutchBucketz
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Ain't heard anything like that but i haven't played with classic players yet..

BankShot
10-12-2011, 10:06 PM
So for my Nets association, I made trades to get Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson. Probably not very smart moves, but it takes me back to the early 2000s when the Nets were nasty.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

I also am doing a Nets association.

- traded Outlaw and the rest of the crummy contracts/players
- signed DeAndre Jordan to a long deal as a roleplayer center
- signed Sherron Collins as my backup PG
- developing Damion James as an all-around starter
- signed O.J. Mayo in free agency to a 5-year deal
- signed Ryan Anderson as a roleplayer
- traded #17 pick in draft for Arron Afflalo

PG: Williams/Collins
SG: Mayo/Morrow
SF: James/Afflalo
PF: Humpheries/Anderson
C: Lopez/Jordan

PrimeJohnnyDepp
10-29-2011, 01:06 PM
After plowing through 16 legend games, and starting up Association, i see you can't actually take any legendary team, and you can't play in a league with them.

****ing amateurs, idiots & wankers.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
10-29-2011, 07:18 PM
So i made many custom teams, thinking i could trade legends and fill teams with them, have an epic, epic power league. No. You can't trade players from a custom team. It pains me to know, someone programmed exatly that text. So no power Bulls, power Lakers, power Celtics, power Blazers, going at each other in a legendary league. No. Text says so.

What can i say. I'll never touch your product again. You're a bunch of loosers 2k. Untalented idiots, you have a month of celebratory wanking and spending it on hookers for facesitting and feet licking left, then you must go back and again try to appease worst pale losers with your product.

ClutchBucketz
10-30-2011, 01:37 AM
There's a way around that.. Takes a little bit more effort but it's doable..

Although i agree that 2k should just let their product be customisable..:cheers: