10-04-2011, 04:38 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nba/photogallery/mettafight.png

please end soon lockout.

Fazotronic
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
i call bullshit. fight will never happen

SuperPippen
10-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Metta World Peace vs. Rampage Jackson..........

Sounds like a damn monster movie.

LJJ
10-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Metta World Peace vs. Rampage Jackson..........

Sounds like a damn monster movie.

You've never seen the Japanese movie "Metta World Peace vs. Rampage Jackson" ?????

http://i52.tinypic.com/2h2f2jb.jpg

pauk
10-04-2011, 05:14 PM
dont worry artest... rampage gets knocked out / submitted 24-7...

Mirko Cro Cop
10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah you've got nothing to worry about Artest :rolleyes:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2r5g5js.jpg
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/690664/quinton-jackson_wanderlie-silva.gif
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/Andrew_110_M/rampage-arona.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/s40yh3.gif
http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/quinton-jackson_chuck-liddell.gif

Kato
10-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Rampage gonna tap dat as.s. If it was stephen jackson dat niccah would beat any mma person including silva.

Mirko Cro Cop
10-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Rampage gonna tap dat as.s. If it was stephen jackson dat niccah would beat any mma person including silva.
Tell that to Ben Wallace who wanted to eat him at the Palace brawl.

Borat
10-04-2011, 07:00 PM
rampage trained more last week than Artest has in his life.

AlphaWolf24
10-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Rampage...by anything he wants.

AlphaWolf24
10-04-2011, 07:13 PM

You buster!....Page would merk Artest....

Page got KO'd once (if I remember) maybe twice....and those were from far better fighters then Artest.

Page would make Artest his B!@tch

inclinerator
10-04-2011, 07:14 PM
this is a joke

AlphaWolf24
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM

Capt. jack would get put to sleep by 145 lbs Jose Aldo:lol

garbage azz fake azz NBA fighterz

pauk
10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Oh yeah you've got nothing to worry about Artest :rolleyes:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2r5g5js.jpg
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/690664/quinton-jackson_wanderlie-silva.gif
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/Andrew_110_M/rampage-arona.gif
http://i34.tinypic.com/s40yh3.gif
http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/quinton-jackson_chuck-liddell.gif

pride was long time ago... he is not even close to that same prime rampage.. trust me... if he was he would have been the current & 24-7 defending UFC champ... he was that good back then...

and lol @ oldass washed out chuck liddell and wanderlei silva....

AlphaWolf24
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
pride was long time ago... he is not even close to that same prime rampage.. trust me... if he was he would have been the current & 24-7 defending UFC champ... he was that good back then...

huh?...Pride was only 5 years ago....and he's fought better comp in the UFC..he only lost twice before getting merked by Jones....He lost to Forrest and Suga by decision...

trust me..If he was fighting japenese cans in the UFC like he did in Pride....he would still be slammin people through the floor....

it's just that he's fighting better guy's...and he also beat Prime Chuck too..

az00m
10-04-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesB/bash3.jpg

pauk
10-04-2011, 07:35 PM
huh?...Pride was only 5 years ago....and he's fought better comp in the UFC..he only lost twice before getting merked by Jones....He lost to Forrest and Suga by decision...

trust me..If he was fighting japenese cans in the UFC like he did in Pride....he would still be slammin people through the floor....

this isnt basketball...

5 years in MMA is like 15 years in NBA wear n tear department...

5 years in MMA is like 50 years in NBA Basketball skills/talent evolution department... considering how new this sport is... MMA today is like watching 1957 NBA or something... thats how new this sport is and is constantly evolving... in a couple of more years... you will only see fighters who are world class grapplers, strikers in MMA, full fledged allround fighters... compared to today where almost all Fighters are one dimensional.... Take somebody like Rampage... all he can do is Box... and he is very good at it.. but this is MMA and it has evolved... he still thinks he can win that way... but nope.. and the next generation of MMA fighters showed him and everybody else why (Jon Jones)....

Pride vs UFC... even at Prides full peak, that is like comparing the CBA to the NBA.... the competition at UFC was always the best, hell they were the main creators of MMA...

jamal99
10-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Damn guys, it would be exibition match, noting serious...

jamal99
10-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Pride vs UFC... even at Prides full peak, that is like comparing the CBA to the NBA.... the competition at UFC was always the best, hell they were the main creators of MMA...
UFC fighters now are better than Pride fighters then of course, because of evolution.
But UFC vs. Pride back in the day, idk man..

Simple Jack
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Lol @ Prime Silva, Shogun, Sakuraba, Arona, Bustamante, Lidell being scrubs and acting like he's just as good at 33 as he was at 26.

Next.

AlphaWolf24
10-04-2011, 07:49 PM
this isnt basketball...

5 years in MMA is like 50 years in NBA Basketball skills/talent evolution department... considering how new this sport is... MMA today is like watching 1957 NBA or something... thats how new this sport is and is constantly evolving... in a couple of more years... you will only see fighters who are world class grapplers, strikers in MMA, full fledged allround fighters... compared to today where almost all Fighters are one dimensional.... Take somebody like Rampage... all he can do is Box... and he is very good at it.. but this is MMA and it has evolved... he still thinks he can win that way... but nope.. and the next generation of MMA fighters showed him and everybody else why (Jon Jones)....

Listen my little padawan....

#1.... 5 years can be a long time in any sport.....but high level MMA Fighters fight 3 maybe 4 times at most in 1 year.....and Rampage is still in his prime and hasn't taken that much damage throughout his career...beyond 1 - 2 Brutal Knockouts, he hasn't hardly taken any damage...

fighters who can keep Fightiing without damage 2 - 3 Times a year can extend thier careers well into thier late 30's - 40's...(Couture , Hendo , Fedor , Barnett , etc)...MMA is completly different from Pro basketball where you play 82 games + every year with plyometric impact on your lower body...

#2. Rampage was a wrestler First...infact he is a great wrestler with KO Power in either hand...he chooses to BOX because he can....he can easily keep it standing and make you think about the KO ...taking you out of your element...to go along with having a Blue Belt in traditional BJJ...he incorporates BJJ into MMA very well....

#3 Jon Jones is a next Generation Fighter...but not the way you describe it....he was primarily a Wrestler...in fact that was his main disipline...but he just happened to pick up Striking very easily when he began training...to go along with unmatched athleticism....but's it's his wrestling he favors and uses Most.

Much like GSP who was primarily a Striker who picked up on wrestling very easily.....but he did not train wrestling until he started his MMA Career...

Simple Jack
10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
this isnt basketball...

:facepalm

No.

AlphaWolf24
10-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Lol @ Prime Silva, Shogun, Sakuraba, Arona, Bustamante, Lidell being scrubs and acting like he's just as good at 33 as he was at 26.

Next.

Otsuka , Ishikawa ,Matsui ,Satake ,busted up Igor ,Iluychin ,Minowa ,Yakoi , sik yoon ,

not exactly cream of the crop.....and if you took the wax outta your ears ....

I was replying to the poster who said Rampage is outta his prime now and isn't the same Rampage as in Pride..

He did fight some great Fighters in Pride....but he also fought alot of cans...

all i was saying is ....he is still the same fighter...infact he destroyed Chuck in the UFC...and he destroyed Silva in the UFC.....the only reason he might not look the same to some is because he is fighting better competition...that is all...

PS: the japenese offred him more money to lose against Saku.

Rooster
10-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Rampage will brutally beat the living sh1t out of Artest.

NBAller
10-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Only five years ago huh? I don't watch the NBA like I watch MMA, but I'm sure that 5 years of basketball changes a player too. Say Kobe at 25 compared to Kobe at 30. Not even sure how old the guy is...I don't get into it like most hardcore fans do. My damn point is Rampage isn't the same fighter he was 5 years ago, if that information is even accurate.

Anyway, Artest is a damn fool for fighting him.

LBJ_MVP09
10-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Damn first Pauk gives LeBron fans a horrible name, then he tries and talks about MMA like he knows anything.

A. Pancrase was around before the UFC, slightly different rules but it combined kickboxing, wrestling, and submissions.

B. Rampage now is a better fighter than he was in PrideFC, he still has his strength, wrestling, and iron chin. But his boxing is much better now.

C. The PrideFC champions of 5-7 years ago are doing better than the UFC champions from that time, PrideFC was easily more superior back then.

In closing, you are retarded. Obviosuly this would just be an exhibition match for charity. World Peace doesn't think he can take Quinton lol

The Macho Man
10-04-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm sure Rampage will savagely beat him for charity.

NBAller
10-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Damn first Pauk gives LeBron fans a horrible name, then he tries and talks about MMA like he knows anything.

A. Pancrase was around before the UFC, slightly different rules but it combined kickboxing, wrestling, and submissions.

B. Rampage now is a better fighter than he was in PrideFC, he still has his strength, wrestling, and iron chin. But his boxing is much better now.

C. The PrideFC champions of 5-7 years ago are doing better than the UFC champions from that time, PrideFC was easily more superior back then.

In closing, you are retarded. Obviosuly this would just be an exhibition match for charity. World Peace doesn't think he can take Quinton lol

He's not the same fighter. Even he knows it.

LBJ_MVP09
10-04-2011, 08:20 PM

He's not the same fighter. Even he knows it.

Who is this prime Rampage you speak of? The one who got destroyed by Wand twice? The one who got murked by Shogun? The one who should've lost to Ninja? The one who slammed small japanese people? Rampage himself said he was the best he's ever been against Jones, and he's right. He's always been an inconsistent fighter.

BMOGEFan
10-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Otsuka , Ishikawa ,Matsui ,Satake ,busted up Igor ,Iluychin ,Minowa ,Yakoi , sik yoon ,

not exactly cream of the crop.....and if you took the wax outta your ears ....

I was replying to the poster who said Rampage is outta his prime now and isn't the same Rampage as in Pride..

He did fight some great Fighters in Pride....but he also fought alot of cans...

all i was saying is ....he is still the same fighter...infact he destroyed Chuck in the UFC...and he destroyed Silva in the UFC.....the only reason he might not look the same to some is because he is fighting better competition...that is all...

PS: the japenese offred him more money to lose against Saku.

True, japanese did offer him more money, but he tried to win anyways. and got choked out.

Whoever said UFC is better than pride back in 2002-2005 is a joke man. Pride had all the top heavyweights, the light heavyweight, and the lightweights. True there were cans, but the top of the top are better than anything UFC had.

Even Anderson Silva in pride couldn't sniff the belt.

Of course all the pride fighters are losing now to UFC fighters NOW. the pride fighters in 2002-2005 aged 7-10 years now. If you were in your prime in pride, you are now almost 40.

And have you noticed, once Pride became disfunct, all the pride fighters taht came to the UFC became gatekeepers, title contenders, and champs. That speaks volumes.

NBAller
10-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Who is this prime Rampage you speak of? The one who got destroyed by Wand twice? The one who got murked by Shogun? The one who should've lost to Ninja? The one who slammed small japanese people? Rampage himself said he was the best he's ever been against Jones, and he's right. He's always been an inconsistent fighter.

Doesn't matter who he beat or who he didnt, fact of the matter is pride page>ufc page. like i said, even he knows it. to argue that is absolutely insane and retarded. but he's not so washed up that Artest will beat him.

LBJ_MVP09
10-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Doesn't matter who he beat or who he didnt, fact of the matter is pride page>ufc page. like i said, even he knows it. to argue that is absolutely insane and retarded. but he's not so washed up that Artest will beat him.

Actually, who a fighter beats is generally a reflection of how their career is going. Pride Rampage looked like crap plenty of times, very up and down. As has UFC Rampage. Thank you for informing me what Quinton personally thinks. I hope you are trolling. Good day.

NBAller
10-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Actually, who a fighter beats is generally a reflection of how their career is going. Pride Rampage looked like crap plenty of times, very up and down. As has UFC Rampage. Thank you for informing me what Quinton personally thinks. I hope you are trolling. Good day.

No, how the fighter perform does because if the fighter performs at his best, chances are he'll win. Rampage was actually considered a well rounded fighter then (wrestling, standup). Now that he's in the UFC he just stands and relies on his power. Please just stick to watching and talking about the NBA.

Oh and if you actually watched Rampage you wouldn't be sitting there arguing that UFC page is better than pride page, BECAUSE HE SAID IT HIMSELF!! Tell me one fighter that gets better as he ages!!! No one!!

jesus, i'm done.

ConanRulesNBC
10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Rampage Jackson sucks. Put Artest in there with Cain or Brock and let's see him get his ass kicked. Been waiting for that one for years now.

kaiiu
10-04-2011, 08:35 PM
lol Rampage bouta flatline this *****

kaiiu
10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I liked Pride more than I like the UFC

Inactive
10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Pride vs UFC... even at Prides full peak, that is like comparing the CBA to the NBA.... the competition at UFC was always the best, hell they were the main creators of MMA...The UFC didn't create MMA, it was just the Gracies attempt at promoting themselves, by bringing Vale Tudo to the U.S. NHB fighting has been around for as long as humans have existed. The UFC wasn't founded until 1993, but in Japan you had Shooto in 1985, RINGS in 1991, Pancrase in 1993, etc.

Chuck Liddell is probably the most accomplished LHW in the UFC's history. He lost 2x to Rampage (who was maybe #3 MW in Pride, behind Shogun, and Wand). Anderson Silva wasn't as successful in Pride, but he was a Pride fighter. Shogun was the previous UFC champion, and is still arguably their #2 LHW. The UFC HW champs from 2000 to 2008 were Couture, Ricco Rodriguez, Sylvia, Arlovski, Mir, and Nogueira. Compare that to Pride's best HWs (not champs, because only Nog and Fedor had that honor) Josh Barnett, Crocop, Fedor, Nog, Kharitonov, (maybe) Werdum, (early 2000s) Igor Vovchanchyn.

In the upper weight classes, you can't even make a good argument for the UFC, Pride was clearly superior. Overall, it's arguable, but most longtime fans would lean towards Pride.

Mirko Cro Cop
10-04-2011, 08:48 PM

:lol @ Pauk having no idea wtf he's talking about

Rampage now is better than pride Rampage, tho he really was in his prime during 07-08 when he was with Juanito. Even tho he lost to Jon Jones, he's still a top 5 LHW and I'd probably place him 3rd on the list right now. And there's a difference between fighting Chuck Liddell now and in 2007 when he was at his prime as the best LHW in the world until Rampage knocked him out ;). Same goes for Wandy who was still top 10 at the time when Rampage beat him.

NBAller
10-04-2011, 08:52 PM
:lol @ Pauk having no idea wtf he's talking about

Rampage now is better than pride Rampage, tho he really was in his prime during 07-08 when he was with Juanito. Even tho he lost to Jon Jones, he's still a top 5 LHW and I'd probably place him 3rd on the list right now. And there's a difference between fighting Chuck Liddell now and in 2007 when he was at his prime as the best LHW in the world until Rampage knocked him out ;). Same goes for Wandy who was still top 10 at the time when Rampage beat him.

What makes Rampage better now? He limited his fight game into just boxing, he's older, cardio gotten worse. He's considering Boxing instead of MMA now (go figure). He's only in MMA still to make money...he probably has a good 3 fights left in him and, imo, that's stretching it.

A pattern I'm noticing is, if he doesn't KO whoever he fights, he loses. See Rashad fight and Jon Jones off the top of my head.

Mirko Cro Cop
10-04-2011, 08:58 PM
What makes Rampage better now? He limited his fight game into just boxing, he's older, cardio gotten worse. He's considering Boxing instead of MMA now (go figure). He's only in MMA still to make money...he probably has a good 3 fights left in him and, imo, that's stretching it.

A pattern I'm noticing is, if he doesn't KO whoever he fights, he loses. See Rashad fight and Jon Jones off the top of my head.
He's better now than he was in PRIDE which is true IMO. Sure he had more athleticism back then but he was much too wild and his hands weren't nearly as crisp as they are now. And let's face it, Rampage has always been a striker. He used his wrestling more in Japan but he was always a stand-up first based fighter.

He was at his best when Juanito came into the picture and cleaned up his hands. Getting rid of Juanito and going to Wolfslair was a mistake IMO seeing how Wolfslair didn't really do anything for him. And no, I don't like the fact that he wants to go into boxing because he won't get anywhere in the top ranks.

And Rampage has never really been a well rounded fighter, what makes him so dangerous is that he's got brass balls to stand with anyone and he hits like stone. Juanito made him that much more by adding some technique to his hands. But he's never been smart enough to develop a threatening ground game. He's been in the elites of the division for years now but that will change soon seeing how the sport has been flooded with wrestlers. I mean he can't get past Rashad or Jones, and if guys like Phil Davis develops a decent striking game, it's over for Rampage.

LBJ_MVP09
10-04-2011, 08:58 PM
No, how the fighter perform does because if the fighter performs at his best, chances are he'll win. Rampage was actually considered a well rounded fighter then (wrestling, standup). Now that he's in the UFC he just stands and relies on his power. Please just stick to watching and talking about the NBA.

Oh and if you actually watched Rampage you wouldn't be sitting there arguing that UFC page is better than pride page, BECAUSE HE SAID IT HIMSELF!! Tell me one fighter that gets better as he ages!!! No one!!

jesus, i'm done.

I have watched every Rampage fight since his fight with Igor and have actually trained and competed in amateur competition you idiot. Rampage has never had amazing offensive wrestling. He only took over the Hendo fight when Hendo was gassed. Who he's fighting matters you dumbass, he only takes people down if he thinks he is outmatched on the feet. Oh and just to answer you question, Randy Couture was a much better MMA fighter at 38 than he ever was before that. Now go back to watching the ultimate fighter on spike tv you wannabe.

NBAller
10-04-2011, 09:01 PM
He's better now than he was in PRIDE which is true IMO. Sure he had more athleticism back then but he was much too wild and his hands weren't nearly as crisp as they are now. And let's face it, Rampage has always been a striker. He used his wrestling more in Japan but he was always a stand-up first based fighter.

He was at his best when Juanito came into the picture and cleaned up his hands. Getting rid of Juanito and going to Wolfslair was a mistake IMO seeing how Wolfslair didn't really do anything for him. And no, I don't like the fact that he wants to go into boxing because he won't get anywhere in the top ranks.

Ok so you think Rampage is better now because his boxing got better. That I agree with, but that doesn't make Rampage better now.

Mirko Cro Cop
10-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Ok so you think Rampage is better now because his boxing got better. That I agree with, but that doesn't make Rampage better now.
Well it does since his wrestling never declined, it's the fact he's now having to deal with good wrestlers who can set-up takedowns much better and can stand with him.

NBAller
10-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I have watched every Rampage fight since his fight with Igor and have actually trained and competed in amateur competition you idiot. Rampage has never had amazing offensive wrestling. He only took over the Hendo fight when Hendo was gassed. Who he's fighting matters you dumbass, he only takes people down if he thinks he is outmatched on the feet. Oh and just to answer you question, Randy Couture was a much better MMA fighter at 38 than he ever was before that. Now go back to watching the ultimate fighter on spike tv you wannabe.

I trained at TapouT for over a year, that doesn't back up your argument retard.

You still haven't told me why Rampage is better now than before, all I'm seeing are Page fans having an opinion based on almost nothing. Based on what you're saying I'm guessing you got KTFO in your fights cause you come off as a complete retard. You probably have as much teeth as you do brain cells.

Mirko Cro Cop
10-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Either way, Rampage would smash "Metta" and I hope he does.

Legends66NBA7
10-05-2011, 12:31 AM

Pauk you are nuts if you think that even old rampage would get knocked out 24-7.

The last man to KO (TKO) him was Shogun Rua. And that was by Soccer Kicks, which is illegal in any North American Athletic Commission. The only other times he got KO'd was by Wanderlei and he needed to use some of the nastiest Thai clinch knees to do it.

And come on, old Chuck Liddell ? That was an upset (well to those who didn't know anything outside of the UFC) to a lot of people for how long Chuck was holding on to the belt. Nobody said Chuck was old till Rampage clipped him.

Wanderlei held a 2-0 and mental advantage edge on Rampage. You best bet Rampage wasn't taking him lightly at all.

Metta World Peace should be worried.

SpecialQue
10-05-2011, 12:33 AM
This is the only real rampage I'd like to see Metta take on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G46YMyQjBY&feature=player_embedded

Mirko Cro Cop
10-05-2011, 12:57 AM
This honestly isn't even a fair m/u if we're considering size/weight...

Artest is 6'7, 260...since it's an exhibition and if he's gonna get pummeled, I'd rather see him at least get smashed by a guy of equal size...

http://i37.tinypic.com/rsfmdl.gif

Legends66NBA7
10-05-2011, 01:10 AM

Artest is 6'7, 260...since it's an exhibition and if he's gonna get pummeled, I'd rather see him at least get smashed by a guy of equal size...

Damn, Ubereem would probably think Metta World Peace is food or something.

NBAller
10-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Damn, Ubereem would probably think Metta World Peace is food or something.

:roll:

most likely

IamSofaKing
10-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Listen my little padawan....

#1.... 5 years can be a long time in any sport.....but high level MMA Fighters fight 3 maybe 4 times at most in 1 year.....and Rampage is still in his prime and hasn't taken that much damage throughout his career...beyond 1 - 2 Brutal Knockouts, he hasn't hardly taken any damage...

fighters who can keep Fightiing without damage 2 - 3 Times a year can extend thier careers well into thier late 30's - 40's...(Couture , Hendo , Fedor , Barnett , etc)...MMA is completly different from Pro basketball where you play 82 games + every year with plyometric impact on your lower body...

#2. Rampage was a wrestler First...infact he is a great wrestler with KO Power in either hand...he chooses to BOX because he can....he can easily keep it standing and make you think about the KO ...taking you out of your element...to go along with having a Blue Belt in traditional BJJ...he incorporates BJJ into MMA very well....

#3 Jon Jones is a next Generation Fighter...but not the way you describe it....he was primarily a Wrestler...in fact that was his main disipline...but he just happened to pick up Striking very easily when he began training...to go along with unmatched athleticism....but's it's his wrestling he favors and uses Most.

Much like GSP who was primarily a Striker who picked up on wrestling very easily.....but he did not train wrestling until he started his MMA Career...

True, GSP basically only wrestles now. Did you see his fight with Shields? I thought GSP would demolish him with his striking but instead he just wrestled him for a unanimous win..

Difference between GSP and Jones as wrestlers is that, GSP shoot wrestles while Jones tends to takedown from the clinch using he greco roman

But Jones is crazy if you cant get in close enough to him, he'll outstrike you. If you do manage to get in close enough he'll clinch you and either use his Greco Roman wrestling to put you down or strike from the clinch with knees. And he's just getting better and better on his Brazilian Jiu jitsu. This guys the future :bowdown:

LoneyROY7
10-05-2011, 01:43 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/10xfwk3.gif

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/Inspectorchao/MMA/WanderleiStunsRampage.gif

LoneyROY7
10-05-2011, 01:47 AM

Overeem would MAUL Ron Ron.

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2011, 11:47 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/10xfwk3.gif

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/Inspectorchao/MMA/WanderleiStunsRampage.gif

http://i50.tinypic.com/nmnj7r.gif

http://i40.tinypic.com/2lwp503.gif

:confusedshrug:

LoneyROY7
10-05-2011, 02:33 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/nmnj7r.gif

http://i40.tinypic.com/2lwp503.gif

:confusedshrug:

lol nice.

My boy Rashad did win that match though...

bagelred
10-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Let's be honest....isn't Metta World Peace ALWAYS fighting rampage. It's a constant battle.

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2011, 03:35 PM
lol nice.

My boy Rashad did win that match though...

meh...Page did way more damage...and almost finished Shad late in Round 3...

Shad only won because scored and prayed....in Pride rules Page would have won...

NBAller
10-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Artest is huge though. So huge this whole post is about how big the ****er is. 6'7 260??????????????? Makes Reem look small, kinda.

I like how he changes his name to Metta World Peace then goes and fights a pro lol too funny.

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Artest is huge though. So huge this whole post is about how big the ****er is. 6'7 260??????????????? Makes Reem look small, kinda.

I like how he changes his name to Metta World Peace then goes and fights a pro lol too funny.

Size has very little to do with winning a Fight when talking about going against trained fighters...the more skilled Fighter with proper technique has by far the upper hand....and Overeem is a very skilled fighter.

and in many cases the Bigger you are hinders your cardio...your works alot hardr to supply "Big Muscles" and can gass you out fast...especially heavy weights..

that's the reason most Elite Heavyweight MMA champions have been towards the smaller end (5'10 - 6'1 210 - 230lbs) instead of the Hulking Overreem size.

http://www.freewebs.com/piazzola/fedor%20vs%20zulu.gif

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1262097_o.gif

http://www.fighthubtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DC-vs-Silva-GIF.gif

all of these Fighters are about the size of Jameer Nelson....fighting men 6'3 - 6'5" 260+lbs

LoneyROY7
10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
meh...Page did way more damage...and almost finished Shad late in Round 3...

Shad only won because scored and prayed....in Pride rules Page would have won...

I don't know about "way more" damage. Page got some late shots in the 3rd round that rocked Rashad, but Rashad completely controlled the match the frst two rounds. He was taking Page down left and right.

NBAller
10-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Size has very little to do with winning a Fight when talking about going against trained fighters...the more skilled Fighter with proper technique has by far the upper hand....and Overeem is a very skilled fighter.

and in many cases the Bigger you are hinders your cardio...your works alot hardr to supply "Big Muscles" and can gass you out fast...especially heavy weights..

that's the reason most Elite Heavyweight MMA champions have been towards the smaller end (5'10 - 6'1 210 - 230lbs) instead of the Hulking Overreem size.

http://www.freewebs.com/piazzola/fedor%20vs%20zulu.gif

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1262097_o.gif

http://www.fighthubtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DC-vs-Silva-GIF.gif

all of these Fighters are about the size of Jameer Nelson....fighting men 6'3 - 6'5" 260+lbs

lol, I know. All I was saying was Artest is huge.. he makes Reem looks small..kinda...didn't say he'd win or get even close to winning. He'll lose to Rampage.. you look at reem and see he's huge, then think artest is even bigger.

tontoz
10-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I am sure this has been mentioned before but from what i have read they are talking about a boxing match not a MMA match. Big difference.

AlphaWolf24
10-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I am sure this has been mentioned before but from what i have read they are talking about a boxing match not a MMA match. Big difference.

Boxing match?...

still Rampage by brutal Left Hook...