PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Shooting Guards In NBA History as of 2011, Fox Sports

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 12:39 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top_10_shooting_guards_in_NBA_history#photo-title=Giving%20it%20their%20best%20shot&photo=30153492

Reasons for the choices are in the link.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. George Gervin
5. Clyde Drexler
6. Reggie Miller
7. Allen Iverson
8. Dwyane Wade
9. Earl Monroe
10. Bill Sharman

Miserio
10-07-2011, 12:40 AM
No way Reggie Miller is 6

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 12:48 AM
No way Reggie Miller is 6

Agreed.

I don't know how he's over Iverson and Wade.

TennesseeFan
10-07-2011, 12:59 AM
lol @ AI over Wade

Boston C's
10-07-2011, 12:59 AM
theres so much fail in this list idk where to begin :facepalm

Go Getter
10-07-2011, 01:02 AM
lol @ AI over Wade
Yeah I'd definitely put Wade over Miller and I'd have a hard time taking AI over Miller. On my Bulls right now as it were, I'd take prime Miller over prime AI.

D.J.
10-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Even at Reggie's peak; Jordan, Petro, Richmond, Drexler, and Dumars were better.

Lebron23
10-07-2011, 01:10 AM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. Dwayne Wade
5. Allen Iverson
6. Clyde Drexler
7. George Gervin
8. Reggie Miller
9. Earl Monroe
10. Bill Sharman

Sarcastic
10-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Wade is no worse than 4, and arguably number 3.

PowerGlove
10-07-2011, 01:17 AM
How in the world do you choose Miller over Iverson and Wade???:facepalm

L.Kizzle
10-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Thank goodness, they didn't overrate Wade like ISH did. Though they did overrate Miller.

Round Mound
10-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Reggie Miller wasnt better than the Rock Mitch Richmond but i guess voters love to hype longevity crap over efficiency and brokwn down statistical proof

D-Wade316
10-07-2011, 02:06 AM
:facepalm

1. MJ
2. Wade
3. West
4. Kobe
5. Gervin
6. Drexler

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 02:11 AM

1. MJ
2. Wade
3. West
4. Kobe
5. Gervin
6. Drexler

You facepalm the list and then vault Wade over West and Kobe ?

Well I see you're name and avatar, so not going to get in this with you.

Deuce Bigalow
10-07-2011, 02:11 AM

1. MJ
2. Wade
3. West
4. Kobe
5. Gervin
6. Drexler

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/pineapple_express_laughing_gif.gif

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Reggie Miller wasnt better than the Rock Mitch Richmond but i guess voters love to hype longevity crap over efficiency and brokwn down statistical proof

Agreed.

Prime Richmond > Prime Miller

Why they never assembled a proper team around Richmond is beyond me. So underrated.

Sarcastic
10-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Agreed.

Why they never assembled a proper team around Richmond is beyond me. So underrated.

Sacratomato. Bad organizations are bad.

CHi1PriDe
10-07-2011, 02:20 AM

Lol, you just did :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 02:25 AM
Lol, you just did :facepalm

Well I don't agree with it, but i'm just saying.

Most aren't going to agree with it either, but what's the point if one has a side already that's obviously biased ? No point in getting into an arguement about it.

with malice
10-07-2011, 02:48 AM
lol @ AI over Wade
"lol" at Wade being on the list at all.

Deuce Bigalow
10-07-2011, 02:50 AM
"lol" at Wade being on the list at all.

no

with malice
10-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Err... what are you "no-ing"?

D-Wade316
10-07-2011, 03:25 AM

I don't know how you define "Top 10". I define "Top 10" as the most productive players. Wade is the closest to Jordan.

cteach111
10-07-2011, 03:33 AM
man, the media just doesn't give Wade much love

Cali Syndicate
10-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Wade belongs in the top five.

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 03:39 AM
I don't know how you define "Top 10". I define "Top 10" as the most productive players. Wade is the closest to Jordan.

Define "close". If you are going to say most productive, then West is over Wade.

I'm pretty sure this an all-time list too.

sh0wtime
10-07-2011, 03:43 AM

Longevity and consistency is not a god given gift, its a result of work ethic and that should be valued. Reggie was one of those who would come 4 AM to the gym and put up situational jumpshots and run in some hours, then his teammates will come and they will practice, then he will stay for a couple of more hours after they are done, he would do this before games and after games aswell.

The thing Kobe Bryant did after the Heat game i think it was in christmas, staying after the game to work on his jumpshot, the thing Kobe got praised for to infinity for doing once (in a very long while at least), is what Reggie has been doing every day.

A quick Reggie Miller story:

"The team I’m covering, the Washington Bullets, is playing the Indiana

Pacers one night about a decade ago.

In the fourth quarter, Miller goes off, scoring something like 20 points

and turning a deficit into an easy win.

What’s strange is that with each basket, each trip down the court, he’s

screaming profanities at the Bullets’ trainer — Kevin Johnson.

Kevin had come to the Wizards from Indiana and was thought to be friends

with Miller. Now it seemed clear they had a problem.

After the game, Washington coach Jim Lynam was furious. He told Johnson

he didn’t know what he’d done to get Miller upset, but that he’d better keep

his mouth shut the next time the two teams played.

Johnson swore he’d never said a word to Miller and had never had a

problem when they worked together. Lynam probably doesn’t believe him.

About a week later, the two teams play again, and sure enough, Miller

goes off in the fourth quarter. And sure enough, he’s screaming at Kevin

again after each basket.

“Take that one, you (bleep)!” he yells at one point.

Now Lynam is confused. Johnson has said nothing to Miller. He’d seen

Miller hug the trainer before the game. But in the heat of the game, he’s

screaming again.

That night I asked Miller: “What gives with you and KJ?”

“He’s my guy,” Miller said.

“Your guy?” I ask. “Why were you cursing him?”

“Oh that was no big deal,” he said. “I was just having some fun.”

I guess that was Miller’s way of psyching himself up. The last 20 years

of pro basketball will be remembered for Jordan and Shaq and Bird and Magic.

But let’s don’t forget the skinny guy with the deadly jump shot. He takes

a backseat to no one. Seeing him walk off the floor for the final

time Thursday night reminded me of that night and all the others in which

he’d been so great." - Richard Justice / SportsJustice

This is how Reggie Miller was every single game, against Michael Jordan or Larry Bird or Kobe Bryant or anybody, he got under their skin with his mouth which he called "Psychological Warfare" and his game.

Infact Miller's most unusual custom, however, occured always about eight minutes before tip-off, when he walks over to media relations director David Benner, who gives him a Pepsi -- unless the Pacers lost the previous game, in which case it's a Sprite. After taking a sip, Miller listens as Benner berates him briefly with insulting jibes, then Reggie responds by getting in Benner's face and wagging his finger at him while cracking jokes about everything from Benner's hair to his clothes to his choice of music. (The only topics off-limits are Benner's wife and his dog.) Fans sometimes think they're actually fighting. Says Miller, "It started in Market Square Arena after he said something to me and I had a good game. We've been doing it ever since."

This is how he got fired up, this is how even the almighty Michael Jordan learned, to just be quiet when he plays Reggie Miller due to these unnatural powers Reggie possess.

Watch for example the 44 points game against Bulls, which was the result of the Jordan trashtalking a bit considering the fight Jordan and Reggie had before that game and i wont even mention the Knicks & Spike Lee and everybody else.

Reggie was a very unselfish player who played within the system, he never cared about stats, he averaged very few Field Goal Attempts, which most of would come in the 4th quarter actually.

But whenever he was dared to by the competition, he always stepped up just to psychologically torch the opposing player or team, watch the pre-game and ingame trashtalking that resulted with Reggie having a career high of 57 points against the Charlotte Hornets, that game he took 29 FG attempts and that is the max amount of shots he ever took in his life, 29 FG is around the repertoir of what Kobe & Jordan averaged for 1 season (27-28 to be correct), imagine how much Reggie could average if he was a "chucker"?

Anybody who has been watching Reggie from 90's until the end, know perfectly of his capability, which would lay inside him like a ticking bomb and unleashed when it all mattered.

You cant simply whip out a paper and say "This is how great Reggie Miller was", but what you can do is get video tapes of all his 1389 games, where most of the games you would be deleting the editing the 3 first quarters just to show the people 4th quarters.

My point is, career stats & productions is not something which can measure Reggie Millers greatness. If there is one player in NBA history you could simply not measure greatness by a Paper, that guy would be Reggie Miller, and you would have to watch most of his games first.

Those guys who have not watched most of his games or not any of his games will say he Reggie Miller was overrated.

Those guys like me who have watched most of his game or almost all of his games will say even that Reggie Miller was underrated and will forever be underrated.

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Damn, sh0wtime with a great post ! In support with Reggie Miller, no less. Nice to hear another great counter arguement.

Cali Syndicate
10-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Reggie was one of those who would come 4 AM to the gym and put up situational jumpshots and run in some hours, then his teammates will come and they will practice, then he will stay for a couple of more hours after they are done, he would do this before games and after games as well.

Damn....no wonder Reggie was so sunken chested.

Reggie having a career high of 57 points against the Charlotte Hornets, that game he took 29 FG attempts and that is the max amount of shots he ever took in his life, 29 FG is around the repertoir of what Kobe & Jordan averaged for 1 season (27-28 to be correct), imagine how much Reggie could average if he was a "chucker"?

Crazy how he's never even taken 30 FGA in a game while Kobe's had a game where he missed 30 FGA. Talk about a disparity.

GREAT post BTW

Jacks3
10-07-2011, 04:22 AM
Yeah, it is incredible how much better a shot-creator and scorer Kobe is compared to Milller. :oldlol:

donald_trump
10-07-2011, 04:28 AM
can someone tell me how miller got this reputation for being such a good player. i doubt he's in my top 20 as far as shooting guards go.
there were several better shooting guards around during his time. he has 3 all nba teams. and they were all 3rd teams... that says enough.

would anyone honestly say that reggie is better than sprewell? richmond? carter? mcgrady?

jesus, the guy is overrated to death.

DaPerceive
10-07-2011, 04:51 AM
can someone tell me how miller got this reputation for being such a good player. i doubt he's in my top 20 as far as shooting guards go.
there were several better shooting guards around during his time. he has 3 all nba teams. and they were all 3rd teams... that says enough.

would anyone honestly say that reggie is better than sprewell? richmond? carter? mcgrady?

People value longevity but they probably overvalue it if anything. I would say Reggie is a top 15 shooting guard of all-time, but certainly not top 10.

My rankings....

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Clyde Drexler
6. Allen Iverson
7. George Gervin
8. Hal Greer/Sam Jones
9. Sam Jones/Hal Greer
10. Dennis Johnson

Honorable Mention: Joe Dumars and Earl Monroe.

okayabc123
10-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Ok, how many of you actually watched Reggie played?

I can understand why Wade is a little bit low on this list, longevity and consistency definitely plays into all-time ranking. If not, then Tmac had one of the better year statistically when he played in Orlando, and you can say based on potential, he could've been top 3 SF of all time if he had played like that his whole career.

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. West
4. Drexler
5. Wade

RRR3
10-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah, it is incredible how much better a shot-creator and scorer Kobe is compared to Milller. :oldlol:
There are dozens of players who were better shot-creators and scorers than Reggie Miller, it's not just Kobe. Calm down son.

Kato
10-07-2011, 11:40 AM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. Allen Iverson
5. Dwayne Wade
6. Clyde Drexler
7. George Gervin
8. Reggie Miller
9. Earl Monroe
10. Bill Sharman

I just cant put dwayne wade over iverson. I watched both of them play the whole time and from the eye Iverson was clearly better.

Dragonyeuw
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Wade # 8?? BLASPHEMY. He's between 4-6, depending on where you rank him with Drexler and Iverson. Personally he's the third best shooting guard I've actually seen play, behind Jordan and Kobe.

aau
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=sh0wtime]Longevity and consistency is not a god given gift, its a result of work ethic and that should be valued. Reggie was one of those who would come 4 AM to the gym and put up situational jumpshots and run in some hours, then his teammates will come and they will practice, then he will stay for a couple of more hours after they are done, he would do this before games and after games aswell.

The thing Kobe Bryant did after the Heat game i think it was in christmas, staying after the game to work on his jumpshot, the thing Kobe got praised for to infinity for doing once (in a very long while at least), is what Reggie has been doing every day.

"[I]The team I

Niquesports
10-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Agreed.

Didnt it fail in Golden State TMC

kaiiu
10-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Kobes much to low

bagelred
10-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Where Allan Houston be at?

Niquesports
10-07-2011, 01:18 PM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. Allen Iverson
5. Dwayne Wade
6. Clyde Drexler
7. George Gervin
8. Reggie Miller
9. Earl Monroe
10. Bill Sharman

I just cant put dwayne wade over iverson. I watched both of them play the whole time and from the eye Iverson was clearly better.

Mitch Richmon
Paul Westphal
Gus Williams
Jo Jo White
Sam Jones
David Thompson
Joe Dunmars
I would take all over Bill Sharman
as well as Jerry Slone
Sidney Moncrief
Lou Hudson
Dale Ellis
Drazen Petrovic

Niquesports
10-07-2011, 01:20 PM
People value longevity but they probably overvalue it if anything. I would say Reggie is a top 15 shooting guard of all-time, but certainly not top 10.

My rankings....

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Clyde Drexler
6. Allen Iverson
7. George Gervin
8. Hal Greer/Sam Jones
9. Sam Jones/Hal Greer
10. Dennis Johnson

Honorable Mention: Joe Dumars and Earl Monroe.
Hal Greer was more of a PG

Kato
10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Mitch Richmon
Paul Westphal
Gus Williams
Jo Jo White
Sam Jones
David Thompson
Joe Dunmars
I would take all over Bill Sharman
as well as Jerry Slone
Sidney Moncrief
Lou Hudson
Dale Ellis
Drazen Petrovic

you're def right, I can def take thompson, Jones, and Gus ove rhim

Kurosawa0
10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I'd have Wade at #4, maybe #3.

scm5
10-07-2011, 03:15 PM
In terms of greatness, I'd have West over Wade.

If they were to play in the same era, there is no doubt in my mind that Wade would be the better player.

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 03:24 PM
In terms of greatness, I'd have West over Wade.

If they were to play in the same era, there is no doubt in my mind that Wade would be the better player.

Elaborate, please ?

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Didnt it fail in Golden State TMC

They were only together for 2 years.

Richmond in his 3rd year, Hardaway in his 2nd year, and Mullin in his 5th year. Not long enough time to gel together to make a legit run.

Niquesports
10-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Elaborate, please ?

I saw West in the 70's a little past his prime but he was still a top player. There are some players that just have "IT"
Russell
Magic
Jordan
Bird
Doc J
Isiah
Oscar
Then there are players that just have so much skill
Lebron
Kobe
Shaq
Wilt
TMac
Elgin
Elvin Hayes
Bernard king
Dominique Wilkins
These players are just so talented
But the it players just know how to win.
I would say West is a it player he just played in a era that had a bigger "IT" player Russell,

Niquesports
10-07-2011, 03:33 PM
They were only together for 2 years.

Richmond in his 3rd year, Hardaway in his 2nd year, and Mullin in his 5th year. Not long enough time to gel together to make a legit run.
Did pretty good in the playoffs

guy
10-07-2011, 03:43 PM

He's had some of the most memorable moments in league history, is considered the no. 1 or 2 rival in Knicks history, and was one of only a few players in history that has spent that much time with one franchise.

Alot of that has nothing to do with him as a player though. So yes, he is overrated.

Niquesports
10-07-2011, 03:49 PM
He's had some of the most memorable moments in league history, is considered the no. 1 or 2 rival in Knicks history, and was one of only a few players in history that has spent that much time with one franchise.

Alot of that has nothing to do with him as a player though. So yes, he is overrated.

Reggie Miller was one diminional . He could shoot. He wasn't flashy didnt dunk alot talked trash and his teams feel short of winning. There is a list of players that would be ranked so much higher if it wasnt for MJ.
Reggie
Mitch Richmond
Mark Price
Dominique
Pat Ewing
Clyde
and even
Isiah

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Did pretty good in the playoffs

They did, but not enough time to gel it for a legit title run.

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I saw West in the 70's a little past his prime but he was still a top player. There are some players that just have "IT"
Russell
Magic
Jordan
Bird
Doc J
Isiah
Oscar
Then there are players that just have so much skill
Lebron
Kobe
Shaq
Wilt
TMac
Elgin
Elvin Hayes
Bernard king
Dominique Wilkins
These players are just so talented
But the it players just know how to win.
I would say West is a it player he just played in a era that had a bigger "IT" player Russell,

Well the thing with players is that even if you try to compare them across era's, there a lot of things that have to considered with era, how the game was played, rules changes, etc...

So the best way to evaluate and cross compare them is by seeing how they performed against their peers.

To me, West > Wade, easily IMO.

guy
10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Well the thing with players is that even if you try to compare them across era's, there a lot of things that have to considered with era, how the game was played, rules changes, etc...

So the best way to evaluate and cross compare them is by seeing how they performed against their peers.

To me, West > Wade, easily IMO.

I don't like that argument cause couldn't that just mean one player had greater peers then the ohter ?

Math2
10-07-2011, 04:28 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top_10_shooting_guards_in_NBA_history#photo-title=Giving%20it%20their%20best%20shot&photo=30153492

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. George Gervin
5. Clyde Drexler
6. Reggie Miller
7. Allen Iverson
8. Dwyane Wade
9. Earl Monroe
10. Bill Sharman

lol Wade better than Sharman....

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't like that argument cause couldn't that just mean one player had greater peers then the ohter ?

Not exactly. I think the 60-70's (early 70's) compared to the late 90's-2000's-present have very good competition in both.

I am also not talking about their position but where they ranked amongst the entire league.

West sustained a strong position to me for a far longer time than Wade has.

scm5
10-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Elaborate, please ?

Purely based off of video replay that i've watched for both players, Wade is a tremendous athlete while West was not all that impressive, especially by today's standards. They would both be undersized at the 2 guard position in today's game, but Wade's freakishly long wingspan allows him to do things that most 6'4 players wouldn't be able to.

Wade is quicker, faster, and a better defender. West was a better passer and somewhat better shooter. I would say that Wade has an edge over West.

with malice
10-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Purely based off of video replay that i've watched for both players, Wade is a tremendous athlete while West was not all that impressive, especially by today's standards. They would both be undersized at the 2 guard position in today's game, but Wade's freakishly long wingspan allows him to do things that most 6'4 players wouldn't be able to.

Wade is quicker, faster, and a better defender. West was a better passer and somewhat better shooter. I would say that Wade has an edge over West.
You've completely failed to acknowledge that in assessing West by "today's standards" that he would have had a full life of utilizing the same advantages that Wade has enjoyed.
Better training, more advanced preparation... West would have had those too. You can't simply look at their athletic ability and call "Wade".

scm5
10-07-2011, 07:43 PM
You've completely failed to acknowledge that in assessing West by "today's standards" that he would have had a full life of utilizing the same advantages that Wade has enjoyed.
Better training, more advanced preparation... West would have had those too. You can't simply look at their athletic ability and call "Wade".

Yeah, but some people are just born with better genetics. In all likelihood, West might be 6'3-6'4 with better nutrition today... but he was 6'2. Wade is 6'4 (or more likely 6'3) but has LONG arms. He's also built like a tank and is one of the quickest players in the league today.

I sincerely doubt West would gain both height and alter his body proportions to have a super long wingspan.

with malice
10-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah, but some people are just born with better genetics. In all likelihood, West might be 6'3-6'4 with better nutrition today... but he was 6'2. Wade is 6'4 (or more likely 6'3) but has LONG arms. He's also built like a tank and is one of the quickest players in the league today.

I sincerely doubt West would gain both height and alter his body proportions to have a super long wingspan.
Very true. Also not what I was referring to.
West would most likely be a better shooter, have better all round skills than he had (which, when you consider it, is pretty amazing). Again... completely speculative - and not something I like to do. As I stated: inevitably doomed to be flawed.

My point is that you can't simply look at what he did, compare it to what Wade does now and assess them by the standards set by today's game.

Doctor Rivers
10-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Wade is no worse than 4, and arguably number 3.

wade is number 2

Doctor Rivers
10-07-2011, 07:55 PM

1. MJ
2. Wade
3. West
4. Gervin
5. Kobe
6. Drexler

fixed

Sarcastic
10-07-2011, 07:55 PM
wade is number 2

If by 2 you really mean 3 or 4, then sure.

Doctor Rivers
10-07-2011, 07:56 PM
man, the media just doesn't give Wade much love

this

Doctor Rivers
10-07-2011, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=sh0wtime]Longevity and consistency is not a god given gift, its a result of work ethic and that should be valued. Reggie was one of those who would come 4 AM to the gym and put up situational jumpshots and run in some hours, then his teammates will come and they will practice, then he will stay for a couple of more hours after they are done, he would do this before games and after games aswell.

"[I]The team I

Doctor Rivers
10-07-2011, 07:58 PM
If by 2 you really mean 3 or 4, then sure.

why would i mean a different number? :rolleyes:

with malice
10-07-2011, 08:46 PM
wade is number 2
You sir, are crazy.

eliteballer
10-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Uh...West DID have a huge wingspan. Players then were also listed without shoes. He would be listed at 6-3 or 4 today.

MasterDurant24
10-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Well no, if you want to say most productive then West is certainly over Wade. And I'd say Kobe too.

MasterDurant24
10-07-2011, 09:08 PM

But West did have a super long wingspan already :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks eliteballer and MasterDurant24 for dropping knowledge about West. I said the same thing about the production, West > Wade easily in terms of production.

And people actually questioning his genetics ??

People are so clueless about West.

NBASTATMAN
10-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Even at Reggie's peak; Jordan, Petro, Richmond, Drexler, and Dumars were better.

I AGREE.. You know your stuff..Reggie has been quoted as saying that Petro is the best shooter he has ever seen.. I watched him live and the ball would barely hit the darn net.. Amazing.. RIP PETRO..:rockon:

Reggie43
10-08-2011, 12:04 AM

"[I]The team I

Reggie43
10-08-2011, 12:31 AM

Jordan and Drexler were obviously better.

Dumars was more successful but not better.

Richmond was the more complete player and certainly arguable who was better but too much whatifs with him because youll never know if he will be able to perform at the same level on a good team.

Drazen and Miller posted very similar stats but Reggie was the better playoff performer and often outplayed petro in head to head matchups.

D-Wade316
10-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Define "close". If you are going to say most productive, then West is over Wade.

I'm pretty sure this an all-time list too.
:roll: :roll: :roll: This ain't even close.

with malice
10-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Because a guy flying your pseudonym would be so impartial and objective on this.

Heavincent
10-08-2011, 02:48 AM

1. MJ
2. Wade
3. West
4. Kobe
5. Gervin
6. Drexler

HAHAHAHAH!!!! HEHEHEHEHE!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Myth
10-08-2011, 03:12 AM

"[I]The team I

G-Funk
10-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Wade doesnt even belong on the list. maybe top 15 I got him at top 11

with malice
10-08-2011, 04:11 AM
Agreed.

Niquesports
10-08-2011, 08:35 AM

Too often people rank players based on athletic ability.In any sport drive and desire and will to win always comes first. Look at it Ali Foreman Ali took Formans will Russell vs Wilt ect.... Magic Bird it wasn't there athletic ability that made them great it was their will to win.West had that willHe wasnt a top 5 player in his own era
Wilt Russell Oscar Pettie Elgin all were better but West was a fighter Wade has a few more years to catch West. It has only happened one time a player on a losing team win a NBA Finals MVP and that guy is Jerry West.

Mystic
10-08-2011, 08:55 AM
agreed wade is garbage.

Nick Young
10-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Manu should be at #3

Reggie was such a badass as a player but a watered down softy as an announcer, I think he just acts that way to stay uncontroversial and keep his job, would love to see what Magic and Reggie really think when they're talking about the game rather then have them try to be lovable entertainers which just comes off as fake from both of them

Legends66NBA7
10-08-2011, 07:06 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: This ain't even close.

You are either out of you're mind or trolling if you think Wade has been more productive than West, both average and career wise, in regular season, playoffs, and finals.

You like to cite stats tell because you say that it tells "the whole story", right ? Then pull them out and tell me who got the better stats ? Who got the playoff records ?

Get out here man.

DaPerceive
10-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Reggie Miller shouldn't be in the top 10. If he then he should be behind Ray Allen. There is not a single thing that Reggie did or could do that Ray didn't do or couldn't do.

Agreed.

agreed wade is garbage.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/vanessa68_2009/Macros%20and%20gifs/shakehead.gif

D-Wade316
10-09-2011, 06:53 AM
You are either out of you're mind or trolling if you think Wade has been more productive than West, both average and career wise, in regular season, playoffs, and finals.

You like to cite stats tell because you say that it tells "the whole story", right ? Then pull them out and tell me who got the better stats ? Who got the playoff records ?

Get out here man.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm You have to consider the fact that rebounds were of plenty in the 60s. West wouldn't have 5.6 rebounds in our time. West clearly is a monster in the playoffs, I can't deny that. In fact, he is one of the few who actually increased his PPG in the playoffs. You can't also deny that Wade is just the same. If it weren't of an injury and Lebron "choking", Wade would have 3 titles. I'm mentioning titles because that's what ISH cares about, although I hate using titles as an argument. Wade is also one of the GOAT players in the Finals.

Reggie43
10-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Reggie Miller shouldn't be in the top 10. If he then he should be behind Ray Allen. There is not a single thing that Reggie did or could do that Ray didn't do or couldn't do.

How about let them switch teams. Do you think Ray Allen can replicate all those Playoff heroics Miller did against Shaqs Magic, Ewing's Knicks, and Jordan's Bulls? plus many others

It would be easier to imagine Reggie having the same amount of success as the 3rd best player behind Pierce and Garnett on Boston than Ray playing in Indiana as the best player and taking on those aforementioned teams and being as successful

Legends66NBA7
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm You have to consider the fact that rebounds were of plenty in the 60s. West wouldn't have 5.6 rebounds in our time.

Well I said what they did against their peers.

How do you know he won't average that many rebounds ?

The only way to guage something like that is if they were both born in those era's.

If West was born in 1982, give him all the advantage Wade has in training, game/player footage, supplements, etc.. he would be a different player in this era.

If Wade was born in 1938, he wouldn't have all that footage, less training, no supplements that would exist to help him out, etc.. he would be a different player back then.

West clearly is a monster in the playoffs, I can't deny that. In fact, he is one of the few who actually increased his PPG in the playoffs. You can't also deny that Wade is just the same.

Agreed. Never said Wade didn't increase his ppg or his play. He's definitely great.

However, West is still higher:

West: 29.1 (3rd all-time)
Wade: 25.9 (10th all-time. Not going to get higher anytime soon with him sharing the ball with LeBron and Bosh.)

Also if you compare their first 8 season in the playoffs, West ppg is @ 30.8.

If it weren't of an injury and Lebron "choking", Wade would have 3 titles. I'm mentioning titles because that's what ISH cares about, although I hate using titles as an argument.

Well you should have left that out then. Team accomplishments have to be put in prespective. You have to breakdown how Wade did it individually (he most likley would have won Finals MVP if the Heat won though, but that doesn't make him a lock for #2). It's not like Wade was super clutch in that Game 6 either.

Wade is also one of the GOAT players in the Finals.

And so is West. In fact, he is significantly better in this category as well. West's 1969 Finals alone > both of Wade's Finals.

I mean seriously, these are records West holds in the Finals:

Most points: 1,679 (30.5ppg in 55 games)

Most field goals made: 612 (612-1,333 = 45.9%fg)

Most free throws made: 455 (455-551 = 82.6%ft)

Most 20 point games: 49

Most 30 point games: 33

Most 40 point games: 10 (Yes, West has more 40 point games in the finals than Wade does in his entire playoff career (6). West also had to share the ball with Elgin Baylor and then later on Gail Goodrich and Wilt Chamberlain.

Boston C's
10-10-2011, 12:08 AM
How about let them switch teams. Do you think Ray Allen can replicate all those Playoff heroics Miller did against Shaqs Magic, Ewing's Knicks, and Jordan's Bulls? plus many others

It would be easier to imagine Reggie having the same amount of success as the 3rd best player behind Pierce and Garnett on Boston than Ray playing in Indiana as the best player and taking on those aforementioned teams and being as successful

Minus the ring ray has had more success then reggie before coming to boston... he literally took a backseat to get a ring because winning meant more to him then putting up empty stats... if he stayed with the sonics you would have to imagine his ppg for his career bein somewhere around 22-23...but he wanted to win... ray has done literally everything better then reggie from a statistical standpoint, winning (has a ring) and records/accolades... he's def better then reggie

D-Wade316
10-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Well I said what they did against their peers.

How do you know he won't average that many rebounds ?

The only way to guage something like that is if they were both born in those era's.

If West was born in 1982, give him all the advantage Wade has in training, game/player footage, supplements, etc.. he would be a different player in this era.

If Wade was born in 1938, he wouldn't have all that footage, less training, no supplements that would exist to help him out, etc.. he would be a different player back then.

How do I know? Through simple logic. More rebounds = higher RPG. Less rebounds = decreased RPG. I don't think you can argue with this, really.

Agreed. Never said Wade didn't increase his ppg or his play. He's definitely great.

However, West is still higher:

West: 29.1 (3rd all-time)
Wade: 25.9 (10th all-time. Not going to get higher anytime soon with him sharing the ball with LeBron and Bosh.)

Also if you compare their first 8 season in the playoffs, West ppg is @ 30.8.
Agree. Nothing to argue about it.

Well you should have left that out then. Team accomplishments have to be put in prespective. You have to breakdown how Wade did it individually (he most likley would have won Finals MVP if the Heat won though, but that doesn't make him a lock for #2). It's not like Wade was super clutch in that Game 6 either.
I don't believe that Wade is lock for #2. I believe that West has a great case for #2. I just put Wade at #2, because of a little bit of bias. However, I'm not putting down West's accomplishments.

And so is West. In fact, he is significantly better in this category as well. West's 1969 Finals alone > both of Wade's Finals.

I mean seriously, these are records West holds in the Finals:

Most points: 1,679 (30.5ppg in 55 games)

Most field goals made: 612 (612-1,333 = 45.9%fg)

Most free throws made: 455 (455-551 = 82.6%ft)

Most 20 point games: 49

Most 30 point games: 33

Most 40 point games: 10 (Yes, West has more 40 point games in the finals than Wade does in his entire playoff career (6). West also had to share the ball with Elgin Baylor and then later on Gail Goodrich and Wilt Chamberlain.
:no: Pretty equal, but I give the edge to Wade's 06 Finals over West's 69 simply because Wade came up in the clutch and brought his team back, single-handedly, from a 0-2 deficit. West's 69 is greater than Wade's 11 though.

Reggie43
10-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Minus the ring ray has had more success then reggie before coming to boston... he literally took a backseat to get a ring because winning meant more to him then putting up empty stats... if he stayed with the sonics you would have to imagine his ppg for his career bein somewhere around 22-23...but he wanted to win... ray has done literally everything better then reggie from a statistical standpoint, winning (has a ring) and records/accolades... he's def better then reggie

Do you really think Ray had more success than Miller before coming to boston?
That explains everything then

markymark
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
How do I know? Through simple logic. More rebounds = higher RPG. Less rebounds = decreased RPG. I don't think you can argue with this, really.

I don't believe that Wade is lock for #2. I believe that West has a great case for #2. I just put Wade at #2, because of a little bit of bias. However, I'm not putting down West's accomplishments.

:no: Pretty equal, but I give the edge to Wade's 06 Finals over West's 69 simply because Wade came up in the clutch and brought his team back, single-handedly, from a 0-2 deficit. West's 69 is greater than Wade's 11 though.

I heard he spent a lot of time at the freethrow line during that series ;)

Boston C's
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Do you really think Ray had more success than Miller before coming to boston?
That explains everything then

From an individual standpoint sure why not... they both have 0 rings you can talk about all of his amazing playoff runs as much as you want... fact of the matter is regardless of ray going to boston or not your either getting ray putting up way better stats then reggie for his career with no rings or putting up just better stats then reggie with a ring... w.e one you decide ray still ends with a better career then reggie

Doctor Rivers
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM

:applause:

Wade = #2 greatest SG of ALL TIME

tontoz
10-10-2011, 08:43 PM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. George Gervin
5. Clyde Drexler
6. Reggie Miller
7. Allen Iverson
8. Dwyane Wade
9. Earl Monroe
10. Bill Sharman

Wade @ 8 :facepalm

Gervin was fun to watch but i would take Wade over him easily.

Niquesports
10-11-2011, 07:38 AM

Wade will move up as his career accomplishments contiune. Iverson did more with less help than Miller and Drexler.Bill Sharman out and replace him with Jo Jo White.Hal Geer also has to be in the convo. Not sure how you can have Sharman and not Hal ?

Doranku
10-11-2011, 07:44 AM

Wade will be #2 or #3 when all is said and done.

Niquesports
10-11-2011, 06:20 PM

He still has a long way to go to even be top 5. His body of work to date just gets him in top 10. has he really had a better carerr than Walt Frazier, Jerry West, Gervin .? ESPn and by him playing now and fresh in memory is not enough to move him above the other greats.

Jacks3
10-12-2011, 04:23 AM
:oldlol: He has NO chance for #2.

D-Wade316
10-12-2011, 06:27 AM
:oldlol: He has NO chance for #2.
:oldlol:

HiphopRelated
10-12-2011, 08:46 AM
He still has a long way to go to even be top 5. His body of work to date just gets him in top 10. has he really had a better carerr than Walt Frazier, Jerry West, Gervin .? ESPn and by him playing now and fresh in memory is not enough to move him above the other greats.
why not? he has the ring

he has the all nba teams

the all defensive teams

the allstar appearances...

that many had in their CAREERS

and those will only increase going forward...he's already top 5

Jacks3
10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Already 30 years old. No chance. Especially with Bryant still going strong.

Deal with it. :oldlol:

Heavincent
10-12-2011, 03:59 PM

He's right, Wade has virtually no chance of getting into the top 2.

nayte
10-13-2011, 06:59 AM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Jerry West
4. George Gervin
5. Clyde Drexler
6. Reggie Miller
7. Allen Iverson
8. Dwyane Wade
9. Earl Monroe
10. Bill Sharman

Danm...I both love and hate these debates..
Soo so subjective...such an undefined criteria if ever existed...ha
Buut if I have too..
Im taking Clyde over Gerve..along with Wade...And Thompsons gotta be right up there.
Reggie, Ray, Iverson and Mitch where to put em..
Dunoo.so ile cop out and put em as equals..

Niquesports
10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
why not? he has the ring

he has the all nba teams

the all defensive teams

the allstar appearances...

that many had in their CAREERS

and those will only increase going forward...he's already top 5

Really I love Wade but he really has like 3 or 5 years of elite play. Its an insult to the other legends and to Wade to try and rank him top 5. Let him contiune playing at this level. When he is in the HOF lets put him at top 3 .

HiphopRelated
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Really I love Wade but he really has like 3 or 5 years of elite play. Its an insult to the other legends and to Wade to try and rank him top 5. Let him contiune playing at this level. When he is in the HOF lets put him at top 3 .
You don't need to "wait" to establish that he's better than Reggie Miller ever was, some things are just blatantly obvious.

Jodan
Kobe
West
Gervin

that's it

top 5 in career PER
Top 10 career ppg
7 time allstar
6 time all nba
3 time all defense
finals MVP

career is just over half over and should be extended with Bron and Bosh. It's just longevity and ring collection to move up that list, not even super elite play.