PDA

View Full Version : Kobe share a delightful story about Kwame Brown

SpecialQue
10-07-2011, 12:03 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/kobe-bryant-has-a-kwame-brown-story/2011/10/07/gIQAgsdnSL_blog.html

kaiiu
10-07-2011, 12:06 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I feel sorry about wat Bean DA GAWD had to go thru from 05-07 :(

Phong
10-07-2011, 12:07 PM
"If I'm wide open, don't pass it to me. I'm too nervous." :facepalm

catch24
10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
ROFL! :oldlol:

To this day, I'm still not sure how Kobe got these guys into the playoffs. I don't throw around the term 'miracle' loosely, but the '06 & '07 Lakers making the postseason was a freakin' miracle. Kobe (and a spotty Lamar Odom) was a one-man show.

RRR3
10-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Yep. Kwame Brown is a legendary player....in the d league. :oldlol:

RRR3
10-07-2011, 12:15 PM
"If I'm wide open, don't pass it to me. I'm too nervous." :facepalm
Hey kwame was smart. He knew he'd miss the shot so he saved Kobe the trouble.

SpecialQue
10-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I think the main point that people tend to forget is just how fvcking awful his supporting cast was during those years.

AirTupac
10-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey kwame was smart. He knew he'd miss the shot so he saved Kobe the trouble.

Wide Open
Not wanting the ball
Professional, multimillion dollar athlete
Smart

Crown&Coke
10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
I like this part;

"Kwame is under the basket, all by himself. Literally, like all by himself"

I can imagine Kobe saying that with a straight face and I would totally be busting up laughing.

AlphaWolf24
10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
at least he didn't call him a flaming f@qqit....for missing that shot..:roll:

Phong
10-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I think the main point that people tend to forget is just how fvcking awful his supporting cast was during those years.http://nsa27.casimages.com/img/2011/10/07/111007063642634449.gif

:facepalm

Joey Zaza
10-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Nice--talk some more sh!t publically about your ex-teammates.

I know alot of you guys love him and he's a great player and all -- but he is just such a gross person. (and other players are also and he's not the worst and its all fine and don't get defensive.. this is just my reaction).

AlphaWolf24
10-07-2011, 12:44 PM

I know alot of you guys love him and he's a great player and all -- but he is just such a gross person. (and other players are also and he's not the worst and its all fine and don't get defensive.. this is just my reaction).

dis nuqqa mad..as heelll

Rooster
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
ROFL! :oldlol:

To this day, I'm still not sure how Kobe got these guys into the playoffs. I don't throw around the term 'miracle' loosely, but the '06 & '07 Lakers making the postseason was a freakin' miracle. Kobe (and a spotty Lamar Odom) was a one-man show.

All of the players around him during those times were players who can't make a shots if their lives depend on it. The only game winning shot tha I saw from Odom was a goal tending. Lakers wasted 2 years of Kobe prime surrounding him with Smush and Kwame.

greensborohill
10-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I like how Kobe uses improper english when quoting Kwame. . . "If I catch it, and he foul me. . . "

AirTupac
10-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I like how Kobe uses improper english when quoting Kwame. . . "If I catch it, and he foul me. . . "

I lol'd.

Nash
10-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I like Kobe but imagine Lebron saying this about one of his scrubs in Cleveland.

RRR3
10-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I like Kobe but imagine Lebron saying this about one of his scrubs in Cleveland.
Why on earth would you bring up LeBron in a thread full of gloating Kobe stans? That's practically suicidal.

Crown&Coke
10-07-2011, 01:16 PM

he would get KILLED by everyone. He would get more attention then the AI "practice" thing. And thats saying something...

Phong
10-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I like Kobe but imagine Lebron saying this about one of his scrubs in Cleveland.Don't get me started on those ****ing 66 and 61 win scrubs. :mad:

Inspector Rick
10-07-2011, 01:40 PM

When you are THAT pathetic of an "athlete" you deserve a verbal thrashing. I don't care if its through the media, locker room... or dinner at grandmas.

Kwame Brown is not a man and is barely qualified to bag my groceries.

L8kersfan222
10-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Watch the video p h a g g o t

Inspector Rick
10-07-2011, 01:43 PM
delete.

KingLeBronJames
10-07-2011, 01:44 PM

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He's just sharing a story that was funny as hell. :oldlol:

Kato
10-07-2011, 01:49 PM
kwame with the highest basketball iq ever

Joey Zaza
10-07-2011, 01:53 PM
he would get KILLED by everyone. He would get more attention then the AI "practice" thing. And thats saying something...

Wouldn't even be close. The AI practice thing was huge becasue:

1) It was televised. The entire press corps and the entire NBA nation saw it. This is a written report. Will never reach the masses and even if it did, the visceral effect wouldn't be there.

2) The AI thing was AI brazenly, unapologetically destroying himself. This is Kobe (or LBJ in the hypothetical) destroying a former teammate.

3) AI by destroying himself was destoying a top 10 player and a top 5 most famous player. Kobe (or LBJ in the hypothetical) destroyed player who needs no further destruction.

4) Self-destruction is infinitely more interesting than peer destruction.

5) The AI thing had about a dozen catch-phrases/one-liners, the best one being "We talkin about practice!" "you get paid to talk sh!t into a microphone".
This one has "If I catch it and he foul me" -- maybe if it was recorded and Kobe(LBJ) were doing a funny impression -- but in print, doesn't measure up.

I'm also a little biased, the AI practice thing is my favorite non-basketball related NBA moment of all time.

Joey Zaza
10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He's just sharing a story that was funny as hell. :oldlol:

A funny story about someone else...I mean its about him in that he was involved, but he's not the butt of the joke.

Remember the time that John sharedal that personal information with me...ahahahaha
All: hahahaha
John: ummm
c'mon John, its funny about you, everyone will enjoy it

SpecialQue
10-07-2011, 01:58 PM

People really need to stop trashing Lebron's last few Cleveland teams. I don't even think the bench on those teams were as bad as the starters were on those post-Shaq Laker teams. In fact, an interesting comparison would be the starters on the last two Lebron Cavs seasons with the Lakers starters before the Gasol trade.

Joey Zaza
10-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Watch the video

Why? IN the video, is Kwame telling the story?

SpecialQue
10-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Why? IN the video, is Kwame telling the story?

"Hey Kobe, remember the time when I was alone under the basket, and you threw me the ball, and it slipped between my fingers? Remember when I told you not to give me the ball, because I was scared I'd get fouled and miss the free throws? Remember how happy you were when you heard they were going to trade me?"

No way does that story end without him crying.

Joey Zaza
10-07-2011, 02:04 PM
When you are THAT pathetic of an "athlete" you deserve a verbal thrashing. I don't care if its through the media, locker room... or dinner at grandmas.

From the media? Absolutely. A coach-for motivation? Sure. His family/entourage/agent for motivation? OK Teammates in games? Not my favorite but its an emotional game, guys get after each other. Fine.

But 5 yrs later, to tell a story about him that serves only to embarass him, that's a problem (for me, for all of you who it is ok for, that's fine..or me its a problem).

Joey Zaza
10-07-2011, 02:08 PM
"Hey Kobe, remember the time when I was alone under the basket, and you threw me the ball, and it slipped between my fingers? Remember when I told you not to give me the ball, because I was scared I'd get fouled and miss the free throws? Remember how happy you were when you heard they were going to trade me?"

No way does that story end without him crying.

A guy wants to tell an embarassing story about himself, that's fine. Its somewhere between idiotic and admirable (like look at me, I'm clown or look at how far I've come)...but a guy tells an embarassing story about others, that's wrong (again, just for me).

Maybe its ok if they are all equally embarassed...."remember when all of us fell down in the mud hahahaha"

If Kobe would've said "box in one and I was really confused and didn't know how to handle it so I passed to Kwame, and I threw it too low and it went right through his hands...didn't matter because he told me later..."

SpecialQue
10-07-2011, 02:16 PM
It was a dick move on Kobe's part to tell the story.

For me as a Laker fan though, I liked hearing this bit of trivia about that old team.

Pretty lame to justify Kobe telling the story, but what can you do? He's an ass and takes every opportunity he can to throw those old teams under a bus. It doesn't make the story any less interesting.

DuMa
10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
i lol'ed

Joey Zaza
10-07-2011, 02:23 PM
It was a dick move on Kobe's part to tell the story.

For me as a Laker fan though, I liked hearing this bit of trivia about that old team.

Pretty lame to justify Kobe telling the story, but what can you do? He's an ass and takes every opportunity he can to throw those old teams under a bus. It doesn't make the story any less interesting.

Fair.

DMV2
10-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Damn!, Jordan mind-raped that poor kid so badly. :roll:

rodman91
10-07-2011, 02:36 PM
After bitching about Shaq,he deserved Kwame on post.

Nash
10-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Don't get me started on those ****ing 66 and 61 win scrubs. :mad:
You mean those guys that had the worst losing streak in NBA history as soon as Lebron left? Yeah, they're major scrubs..

AMISTILLILL
10-07-2011, 03:28 PM
So many dudes on this board hang on every little word this guy releases to the public via interviews and press conferences. I swear some of you'd watch this mother****er pop zits in the mirror if you could.

Phong
10-07-2011, 03:34 PM
You mean those guys that had the worst losing streak in NBA history as soon as Lebron left? Yeah, they're major scrubs..You mean the guys who were traded to other teams and those who went down with injuries? LeBron sure got 70+ wins last year when he had Wade, Bosh and non scrubs surrounding him, right?

Anyway, it's not the topic at hand but you guys are ****ing pathetic with all your whining and crying: "boohoohoo if LeBron had said that.. ":cry:

AlphaWolf24
10-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Damn!, Jordan mind-raped that poor kid so badly. :roll:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/050505&num=0

scroll down to the 6th paragraph right under the little white line...:roll:

Heavincent
10-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Funny story, but does anyone else feel kind of bad for Kwame?

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-07-2011, 04:41 PM
:oldlol: Damn now Kobe can't tell a story from 3 years ago? So many sensitive dudes on here

SpecialQue
10-07-2011, 04:42 PM
You mean those guys that had the worst losing streak in NBA history as soon as Lebron left? Yeah, they're major scrubs..

Yeah, it was the same exact team, minus Lebron.

Get that weak shit out of here.

SpecialQue
10-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Yeah. I think Jordan pretty much destroyed him when he got his start, and it just stuck.

Then again, he's a horrendous player, so there's that as well.

BMOGEFan
10-07-2011, 05:26 PM

Why should I feel bad for an idiot who was paid millions and was given every chance in the world to be a superstar, yet threw it away because he can't handle pressure.

Plat
10-07-2011, 05:49 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Kwame

A.M.G.
10-07-2011, 07:04 PM
MJ broke Kwame's soul.

ihatetimthomas
10-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I blame nothing on MJ, nothing on Kobe, nothing on anyone for Kwame Browns fractured psyche. If you cant hack the pressure or demands as a #1 pick, you have no business in this league. Players with that kind of mentality shouldn't even play in the NBA. Its not all about talent, its about having a strong mental state to perform under pressure. Also, it never looked like Kwame really took necessary steps to improve his overall offensive game. His offensive game is as bad as it was when he entered the league. I think his post defense has improved, but overall, Kwame is where he is at because of Kwame.

The_Yearning
10-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Lol Kobe

"whatever i say to you guys i'll say it to their face too"

kkling
10-07-2011, 09:04 PM
This really explains a lot about kwame brown, he always looks like he doesn't want to be out there, I guess he doesn't. :roll:

The Iron Fist
10-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I think the main point that people tend to forget is just how fvcking awful his supporting cast was during those years.
[lebronz]but lebronz had a worst cast, and he took them to the finals![/stanz]

Kobe was cheated out of getting the MVP 3 straight years in a row. Its quite disgusting how an individual achievement, is based on a teams record.

catch24
10-07-2011, 09:37 PM
[lebronz]but lebronz had a worst cast, and he took them to the finals![/stanz]

Kobe was cheated out of getting the MVP 3 straight years in a row. Its quite disgusting how an individual achievement, is based on a teams record.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww304/Sneakhugger/WHAT.gif

The Iron Fist
10-07-2011, 09:40 PM
A guy wants to tell an embarassing story about himself, that's fine. Its somewhere between idiotic and admirable (like look at me, I'm clown or look at how far I've come)...but a guy tells an embarassing story about others, that's wrong (again, just for me).

Maybe its ok if they are all equally embarassed...."remember when all of us fell down in the mud hahahaha"

If Kobe would've said "box in one and I was really confused and didn't know how to handle it so I passed to Kwame, and I threw it too low and it went right through his hands...didn't matter because he told me later..."I'm more than certain Kobe was embarrassed for having to carry such shitty squad into the playoffs and be expected to actually win . As it is, in 06 and 07, most writers didn't think LA would even make the playoffs.

The Iron Fist
10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
So, lebron was the only guy who left the team?

The Iron Fist
10-07-2011, 09:42 PM
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww304/Sneakhugger/WHAT.gif
Don't blame me because you're too stupid to understand basic english.

catch24
10-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Don't blame me because you're too stupid to understand basic english.

My comprehension of the English language is fair. Your moronic logic is what's being called into question here. Can you elaborate why (or how) Kobe was robbed 3X MVP's?

The Macho Man
10-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Wait, hold up... are you telling me Kwame had no confidence and terrible hands? Kobe how you gonna out him like that man, that's f*cked up.

G-Funk
10-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Heres the video of him talking about it...its the same interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZoHAjaMYkg&feature=youtu.be

chips93
10-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Why should I feel bad for an idiot who was paid millions and was given every chance in the world to be a superstar, yet threw it away because he can't handle pressure.

thats a perfectly good reason to feel sorry for a person, i feel sorry for lots of people who lack mental fortitude.

The Iron Fist
10-08-2011, 12:15 AM
My comprehension of the English language is fair. Your moronic logic is what's being called into question here. Can you elaborate why (or how) Kobe was robbed 3X MVP's?

Whats to elaborate?

Its right there in the very next post.

I'm more than certain Kobe was embarrassed for having to carry such shitty squad into the playoffs and be expected to actually win . As it is, in 06 and 07, most writers didn't think LA would even make the playoffs.

catch24
10-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Whats to elaborate?

Its right there in the very next post.

I'm more than certain Kobe was embarrassed for having to carry such shitty squad into the playoffs and be expected to actually win . As it is, in 06 and 07, most writers didn't think LA would even make the playoffs.

That doesn't tell me anything I don't already know. Why did Kobe deserve two extra Mvps over Nash, Dirk and Lebron (who had a similar shit-cast yet led his team to 50 wins)

:confusedshrug:

Elaborate.

pmj
10-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Kobe: "So after I ran Shaq out of town b/c I was sick of getting free rings, I had to play with some bad players man..."

bagelred
10-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Wow. Some MORE Kwame Brown bashing? That's original. And so daring.

Asukal
10-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Damn! How the **** can an NBA player be so incompetent, its mind boggling. :facepalm

R.I.P.
10-08-2011, 12:09 PM
This sounds like Jordan really messed Kwame up. I know it

HylianNightmare
10-08-2011, 12:28 PM
poor kid

Darius
10-08-2011, 01:56 PM
smh... Kobe emulating Jordan once more...

Jordan mind fvcks Kwame so Kobe has to do it too...

No Name
10-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I like you guys hate on Kwame but when Kobe does it, it's TOO FAR MAN

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-08-2011, 02:52 PM
So many butthurt ph@ggots in this thread.

CelticBaller
10-08-2011, 02:54 PM
kwame :oldlol:

JellyBean
10-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Kobe is too funny. But it puts things into proper context of what Kobe was working with. Jordan would have been pissed to if he had players slacking. I mean other than Butler and Odom, Kobe had jack.

04-05: Kobe had Caron Butler/Odom/Atkins/Mihm
05-06:Odom/Smush Parker/Mihm/Brain Cook/Kwame
06-07:Walton/Smush/Odom/Maurice Evans/Kwame
07-08: Gasol era begins they lose to Boston in Finals