PDA

View Full Version : Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

RRR3
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Heard this nonsense too much on ISH lately. I seriously doubt (in fact I know) that you can make a serious argument that is not biased against LeBron as to why Carmelo is better. Let's here them.

bdreason
10-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Nobody takes Melo over LeBron. Not even the biggest haters.

Kellogs4toniee
10-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Stop making a thread that is directed toward obvious trolls.

winwin
10-11-2011, 07:51 PM
all we need is another lebron thread ...

OP we have more than enough trolls in ISH

crawl back to your hole

DaPerceive
10-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Melo is better in the clutch/4th quarter and maybe rebounding, but that is about it. LeBron is better or tied with Melo in every other aspect of the game. Melo isn't considered to be a top 5 player to most people while LeBron is easily top 5 at the worst. I don't think anybody suggests that Melo is a better player.

chips93
10-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Stop making a thread that is directed toward obvious trolls.

this

HylianNightmare
10-11-2011, 08:26 PM
he is hotter, duh

SpecialQue
10-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Lebron is better at choking in the 4th, while Melo is better at choking Sasha.

Knicksfever2010
10-11-2011, 08:58 PM
he is hotter, duh

um arent you supposed to say 'no homo'?

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Come on now, lets not act like it's not close. Carmelo is underrated on ISH.

NewYorkNoPicks
10-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Hes not better

but...

In the closing moments of a tight game you take Melo every single time.

Additionally, on offense Melo does trump Lebrons game with regard to versatility.

HylianNightmare
10-11-2011, 09:11 PM
i'm not 14 so no

asdf1990
10-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Melo is better in the clutch/4th quarter and maybe rebounding, but that is about it. LeBron is better or tied with Melo in every other aspect of the game. Melo isn't considered to be a top 5 player to most people while LeBron is easily top 5 at the worst. I don't think anybody suggests that Melo is a better player.

bolded is only true in the regular season, melo bricks in playoff crunch time situations like no other.

DaPerceive
10-11-2011, 09:19 PM
bolded is only true in the regular season, melo bricks in playoff crunch time situations like no other.
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PQ9MzsDqTQ

asdf1990
10-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Like this?

Wow one game winner that was wide open due to the refs not calling the obvious foul, melo is a ****ing clutch legend in the playoffs he hit one game winner, has any other player in nba history hit one game winner in the playoffs yet?

melo playoff w/l

2-8

melo first round w/l

1-7

catch24
10-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Carmelo is by far more clutch. That's definitely one thing he's better at :pimp:

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 09:38 PM
It's not close at all. If you can't see that, then you really need to take off your LeBron-hating goggles.

lol Lebron fanboys. I'm a "hater" because I called another player good.

Fine, I'll just compliment Lebron and Lebron only for now on. No player in the NBA comes close to Lebron's greatness. Happy now?

But seriously, what makes Lebron so superior to Melo? You can't just say stupid shit with confidence and expect me to agree. You said nothing to back your opinion up.

DaPerceive
10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Carmelo is by far more clutch. That's definitely one thing he's better at :pimp:
You could argue that he is a better rebounder and scorer too. If you use the TRB% stat like I do then you would notice that Melo's rebound rate is higher than LeBron's, at least if we are talking about last season.

kaiiu
10-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Melo is simply the better basketball player. He's better at everything besides. Passing and help defense. I shudder to think wat Melo could do if he got to travel on every play.

asdf1990
10-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Melo is simply the better basketball player. He's better at everything besides. Passing and help defense. I shudder to think wat Melo could do if he got to travel on every play.

yet he is only 1-7 in the first round lol..

HylianNightmare
10-11-2011, 09:47 PM
lebron is overall better than melo yes, but
i believe melo is a better pure scorer, better in the clutch.
neither was good enough to win a ring as the man so everyone stop acting like it's comparing jordan to adam morrison
both guys had plenty of help, iverson, billups, jr smith, antawn jamison, mo williams, shaq, and even though lebron's been to the finals twice, he's also gotten destroyed both times, give new york some time and i think they will be right there with miami

asdf1990
10-11-2011, 09:50 PM
lebron is overall better than melo yes, but
i believe melo is a better pure scorer, better in the clutch.
neither was good enough to win a ring as the man so everyone stop acting like it's comparing jordan to adam morrison
both guys had plenty of help, iverson, billups, jr smith, antawn jamison, mo williams, shaq, and even though lebron's been to the finals twice, he's also gotten destroyed both times, give new york some time and i think they will be right there with miami

probably in the first round before getting eliminated.

asdf1990
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
so winning now matters to LeBron fans?

Okay....

Kobe: 5 rings
LeBron: 0 rings.

cool story bro, it has nothing to do with anything, get back on ur main account now.

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 09:57 PM
:rolleyes: If you had said Wade, D12, or Dirk were better than LeBron right now you'd have a case. Carmelo is barely a top 10 player, whereas LeBron is 4th in the NBA at worst. It's obvious how LBJ is better. Scores more (IDGAF if Melo "looks smoother" or "has more moves", he scores less deal with it), is a MUCH better defender (not debatable), better passer/team player, stronger, more athletic, faster, and has done better in the playoffs (yeah he "choked in the finals", has melo gotten past the first round more than once?) which you seem to care about so much, and has more accomplishments (all-nba teams, all-defense teams, mvps, etc.). Melo has literally ZERO case of being as good or better than LeBron. Zero.

Woah, woah, woah, wait a minute. A few weeks ago, didn't you say Dirk has no case over Lebron? A little bit inconsistent with your views bud.

Anyway, it is obvious that Lebron is a better defender than Melo. I still think Lebron's defense is overrated, but there's no denying he is a good defender. Just not the Dennis Rodman the Lebron fanboys make him out to be. Melo's sub-par defense is off-putting.

To me, Melo is definitely better offensively. Better shooter, better ball handler, better post game, and better footwork. And lets not forget that Melo is a better rebounder too. It's not a stat thing. Watch the ****ing game and you'll see. Relying solely on stats is just stupid.

Saying Lebron is better because of winning is kind of stupid because it's not like Lebron has really won anything either. They're just two guys that can't win the big one.

asdf1990
10-11-2011, 10:00 PM
I thought we're talking clutch, winning, and in the playoff.s

Melo sucks in the 1st round, LeBron can't win a ring, while Kobe can win a ring and dominate in hte 1st round.

so...

Kobe > LeBron > Melo

right?

yes in terms of career, I have never said lebron has a better career than kobe right now. But kobe is a old shit who can't do anything and will be irrelevant come next season. why do u use gimmick accounts to post such stupid shit? u can't do it on ur main?

asdf1990
10-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Who is comparing LeBron and Melo's career? :confusedshrug:

u kidding me right? melo and lebron from the same draft class hence they have the same amount of seasons. Which means u can compare their careers, kobe has like 7 more seasons than them and is about to retire in 2 more years how are u gonna compare their careers.

knicksman post on ur main account cuz only u can be stupid enough to post the shit u are posting.

if u don't want to compare careers I will make it easier for u.

melo vs celtics 0-4 countless bricks in the fourth

lebron vs celtics 4-2 countless clutch baskets.

lebron>melo again.

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't think Dirk has a case, but I'm tired of arguing about that and Dirk had an amazing playoffs and destroyed LBJ head to head in the finals. I've seen Melo play before, I know he's great, I've watched LeBron too, and i know he's better. Melo and Lebron are closer in shooting than you think, LeBron is definitely a better ballhandler, and LeBron is a better defensive rebounder, Melo is a better offensive rebounder (part of this is because LBJ stays on perimeter, Melo actually has a reliable post game). And IDC how they score or who scores in more ways, LeBron scores more which is all that matters at the end of the day in terms of who is the better scorer. IDC about the playoffs as much as many do, but if you're going to fault LBJ for his playoff failures, you can't ignore Melo's even bigger failures.

This argument is going nowhere. Now it's just a "Lebron is better at this!" "No, Melo is better at that!" kind of thing. It's ****ing pointless.

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
It's not pointless. Saying Melo is better than LeBron is ignorant at best. People need to realize that LeBron, wherever you may rank him, is at least better than Melo.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with someone ranking Melo over Lebron. It's way closer than you're making it out to be.

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 10:19 PM
IDC about the playoffs AS MUCH AS MANY DO. Learn to read assclown.

Why not? The playoffs are a hundred times more meaningful than the regular season.

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Well of course YOU wouldn't. It's stupid to rank someone who's a worse player on both ends of the floor and much less accomplished higher than LeBron.

Melo is better offensively in my opinion. I already mentioned why.

knicksman
10-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Melo is only good at one aspect but that thing is also the hardest to do while lebron are good at many aspects but those aspects are easier to do like defense and passing. There are lots of good passers and defenders in the league but only few players can do what melo does. I judge players on how difficult their style to emulate. Its the same as in subjects. Its like math and other subjects. You can be perfect in every subject but failed in math then you are still nothing for me coz of your low IQ but if you failed at other subjects but good in math then you have a high IQ. Lebron is good at everything else which requires less skills but not good at the most difficult one while melo is good at the most difficult one but doesnt care about the easier ones. Its the reason why better scorers but not versatile as lebron and wade have won like pierce and dirk. And its really about which players are easier to use in nba live or 2k. Dirk and allen are my favorite when playing and never thought these 2 would win.

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 10:23 PM
And just a question RRR3, do you think Durant is a better scorer than Lebron?

Heavincent
10-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes. Who doesn't?

Just making sure.

Indian guy
10-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Melo's a better athlete than LeBron. A better player? **** no. Melo's the most overrated player in basketball. Even more than current LeBron, who for some reason still makes the majority's Best Players list.

knicksman
10-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm aware of that. I care a lot about the playoffs but some on here think the playoffs are literally all that matters and the playoffs is the reason players like Reggie Miller become (wrongly) thought of as "legends". Reggie Miller is a HOF'er, don't get me wrong, but he was never an MVP type player the way people make him out to be.

reggie miller is succesful career wise even if he doesnt have the stats to back it up coz hes a better scorer than your boy lebron

knickswin
10-11-2011, 11:07 PM
I would like to hope that within the next couple of years Carmelo will make it a lot closer than it has been in the past; he and Lebron and pretty close talent-wise. The first round exits hurt Carmelo's rep a lot I think, but it's not like he's had a lot of "bad" first round losses.

MeLO MvP 15
10-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Funny cuz both Skip and Amar'e (a LeBron hater and Melo's teammate) chose him over LeBron on 1st Take today... I think LeBron has had a better career so far, but there are a lot of things Melo does better: scoring (post game and shooting), rebounding and clutch factor (by a lot). I'm a huge Melo fan but I think right now LeBron has done more to give him the edge, although in a head to head match up I'd take Melo every time and that's why think at the ends of each career Melo will be considered better.

knicksman
10-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Funny cuz both Skip and Amar'e (a LeBron hater and Melo's teammate) chose him over LeBron on 1st Take today... I think LeBron has had a better career so far, but there are a lot of things Melo does better: scoring (post game and shooting), rebounding and clutch factor (by a lot). I'm a huge Melo fan but I think right now LeBron has done more to give him the edge, although in a head to head match up I'd take Melo every time and that's why think at the ends of each career Melo will be considered better.

yah lebron vs melo is like comparing pierce to carter. pierce all day 24/7 over carter, the same with melo.

ballerz
10-12-2011, 07:36 AM
He isn't

NBAller
10-12-2011, 07:44 AM
I thought we all knew why Melo is better than Bron? Well if you don't, it's because Melo plays for NY. durr

We all also know that if Melo stayed in Denver, LeBron would be the no brainer choice.

thanks rrrr. it's 4am here.

Nick Young
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
melo isnt a choke artist

asdf1990
10-12-2011, 09:18 AM
melo isnt a choke artist

1-7 in the first round he is a clutch beast.

JGXEN
10-12-2011, 09:26 AM
1-7 in the first round he is a clutch beast.
Western Conference.

Lebron23
10-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Melo's never been a top 5 player in the NBA. He's not even as good as Kevin Durant. LeBron's been better than Melo since their Sophomore Season. I hope the Knicks and Heat meet in the playoffs. Heat will sweep them.

asdf1990
10-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Western Conference.

0-4 in terms of games in the eastern conference first round, any more excuses?

knicksman
10-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Melo's never been a top 5 player in the NBA. He's not even as good as Kevin Durant. LeBron's been better than Melo since their Sophomore Season. I hope the Knicks and Heat meet in the playoffs. Heat will sweep them.

well pierce was never top 5 too and he won. Fact is there are only few high IQs in this world and only high IQs recognize that melo who is the same as pierce is better than lebron. lebron had another top 5 in wade yet cant win while garnett was not a top 5 player anymore and pierce too was never considered top 10. Idiots really just look at stats.:facepalm

Lebron23
10-12-2011, 09:54 AM
well pierce was never top 5 too and he won. Fact is there are only few high IQs in this world and only high IQs recognize that melo who is the same as pierce is better than lebron. lebron had another top 5 in wade yet cant win while garnett was not a top 5 player anymore and pierce too was never considered top 10. Idiots really just look at stats.:facepalm

Melo played with 1st half of the season MVP Amare Stoudemire, but the Knicks had a worst record in the 2nd half of the season since the Nuggets- Knicks trade. Heat are still the team to beat in the Eastern Conference next year. The Heat are still getting better, and they are much superior defensive team than the Knicks. Please don't compared that Celtics team to the current Knicks team.

pmj
10-12-2011, 09:55 AM

What are you even trying to say here? Obviously you don't have to be the best player in the world or top 5 to win, it's a team effort. Your whole comment is incoherent.

Why do people get so wrapped up in trying to define "Best" player. Best player doesn't necessarily mean player you want to take a last second shot. I'd choose Melo, Dirk, Kobe, Pierce, probably in that order for a last second shot, but that doesn't mean they are better than Lebron, Wade, Dwight, Paul; it just means they are good at iso'ing and shooting Js.

TheFan
10-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Don't kidd yourself... Carmelo is a better one-on-one scorer and thats it.... Lebron is a superior passer, superior IQ, better help defense, etc...

and no im not a Lebron lover...

knicksman
10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Melo played with 1st half of the season MVP Amare Stoudemire, but the Knicks had a worst record in the 2nd half of the season since the Nuggets- Knicks trade. Heat are still the team to beat in the Eastern Conference next year. The Heat are still getting better, and they are much superior defensive team than the Knicks. Please don't compared that Celtics team to the current Knicks team.

yeah that weak defensive team hold the heat to 80 pts:rolleyes: . It just shows that defense is just more about effort than skills. Just like pierce being lazy until they got the big 3. But of course idiots value defense so much coz they actually believe in defense wins championships.:lol miami and chicago are both better defensively than dallas yet dallas won.

lolokay
10-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Hes not better

but...

In the closing moments of a tight game you take Melo every single time.

Additionally, on offense Melo does trump Lebrons game with regard to versatility.

can melo guard and play 4 positions.

Lebron23
10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
yeah that weak defensive team hold the heat to 80 pts:rolleyes: . It just shows that defense is just more about effort than skills. Just like pierce being lazy until they got the big 3. But of course idiots value defense so much coz they actually believe in defense wins championships.:lol miami and chicago are both better defensively than dallas yet dallas won.

Dallas played inspired basketball in the playoffs. Dirk is also a much better playoffs performer than Melo. And a much weaker defensive team like the Celtics had swept the Knicks in the first round.

knicksman
10-12-2011, 10:28 AM
What are you even trying to say here? Obviously you don't have to be the best player in the world or top 5 to win, it's a team effort. Your whole comment is incoherent.

Why do people get so wrapped up in trying to define "Best" player. Best player doesn't necessarily mean player you want to take a last second shot. I'd choose Melo, Dirk, Kobe, Pierce, probably in that order for a last second shot, but that doesn't mean they are better than Lebron, Wade, Dwight, Paul; it just means they are good at iso'ing and shooting Js.

Boston at the time they formed their big 3 is worse than the heat when they formed their big 3 because their team was gutted so dont give me that excuse that its a team effort or they have the better team. If the bench of 2 teams are equal then it goes down to the star players. if wade and lebron didnt win while being considered top 5 while boston without top 5 players won then the rankings are really not accurate. Pierce should be better than lebron/wade coz they won. And if melo is being compared to pierce then melo is better than lebron.

knicksman
10-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Dallas played inspired basketball in the playoffs. Dirk is also a much better playoffs performer than Melo. And a much weaker defensive team like the Celtics had swept the Knicks in the first round.

of course if 2 of your top 3 is injured esp after being gutted, do you expect that team to win?If you do, then that just tells how low your IQ is:lol

Edit: That just proves my point that defense is more about effort/inspiration/motivation. And knicks will be motivated to play it next season.

lolokay
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
melo just sucks you cant win with him starting at sf, no defense,horrible shot selection, this guy cant even get in good physical shape anyone see game 2 vs celtics? this guy was so gassed he couldn't foul to extend the game. i rate him top 20 in terms of how he impacts the game.

knicksman
10-12-2011, 10:34 AM
You know some people in this thread were obviously trolling. But you , my god, you're actually THIS dumb. Sad.

Naaa Dumb are those being fooled by statpadders:lol

rodman91
10-12-2011, 10:35 AM
There are some aspects of the game Melo is clearly better but Lebron > Melo as overall.

lolokay
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
lebron
rose
wade
kobe
amare
dwight
deron
aldridge
paul
duncan
ginobli
durant
parker
westbrook
nash
dirk
bosh
pierce
gasol
rondo
roy(before injury)

all players who impact the game better than melo and are just better.

lolokay
10-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Naaa Dumb are those being fooled by statpadders:lol

dont worry melo doesn't fool me.

asdf1990
10-12-2011, 10:41 AM
melo just sucks you cant win with him starting at sf, no defense,horrible shot selection, this guy cant even get in good physical shape anyone see game 2 vs celtics? this guy was so gassed he couldn't foul to extend the game. i rate him top 20 in terms of how he impacts the game.

He couldn't even play a whole exibition game, on the other hand lebron plays like every minute of every playoff game.

knicksman
10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
lebron
rose
wade
kobe
amare
dwight
deron
aldridge
paul
duncan
ginobli
durant
parker
westbrook
nash
dirk
bosh
pierce
gasol
rondo
roy(before injury)

all players who impact the game better than melo and are just better.

bosh cant even make the playoffs in weak eastern conference and lebron would even be worse if he played in the tough western conference. he would be a first round exit in the west and would miss some of those seasons

knicksman
10-12-2011, 10:48 AM
He couldn't even play a whole exibition game, on the other hand lebron plays like every minute of every playoff game.

On the other hand, lebron shows how immature he is in those exhibition games. Melo is like "Let the kids(Lebron, Durant) play.

Lebron23
10-12-2011, 10:53 AM
of course if 2 of your top 3 is injured esp after being gutted, do you expect that team to win?If you do, then that just tells how low your IQ is:lol

Edit: That just proves my point that defense is more about effort/inspiration/motivation. And knicks will be motivated to play it next season.

You are a Melo C*cksucker. Melo will always be a F*cking loser. LeBron won some games against a much better Celtics team when he played in Cleveland.

Lebron and Durant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crybaby Anthony.

knicksman
10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
You are a Melo C*cksucker. Melo will always be a F*cking loser. LeBron won some games against a much better Celtics team when he played in Cleveland.

Lebron and Durant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crybaby Anthony.

But lebron also has a better team than melo this year coz of injuries but of course your IQ is lacking so you didnt realize this.:lol at the end of the day, only dirk and kobe can do what melo does whereas there are lots of players who can do what lebron does. The better player is the one who has the harder skillset to copy and its melo. So melo is better than lebron.

Lebron23
10-12-2011, 11:05 AM
But lebron also has a better team than melo this year coz of injuries but of course your IQ is lacking so you didnt realize this.:lol at the end of the day, only dirk and kobe can do what melo does whereas there are lots of players who can do what lebron does. The better player is the one who has the harder skillset to copy and its melo. So melo is better than lebron.

With that kind of skills he couldn't even win a single game against an aging Celtics team.

knicksman
10-12-2011, 11:33 AM
With that kind of skills he couldn't even win a single game against an aging Celtics team.

relax coz we gonna win next season. Unfortunate events just happen.

knicksman
10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Are you brain dead? There are few players in NBA history you can compare to LeBron. How many perimeter players ever have been so well-rounded? Jordan? Prime Kobe? T-Mac before the injuries? Magic? Bird? That's elite company right there. On the other hand, there have been COUNTLESS players like Melo (i.e., shotjacking ballhogs who play no defense).

Lebron has more skills but his skills are easier to do than melo. Scoring is the most difficult and lebron is not as good as jordan, kobe, bird on that regard while melo is. The same with dirk and pierce thats why they won while lebron cant because while they appear on the statsheet, they are easier to do. Thats why only dumb people are fooled by stats. Its about which is harder to do.

pauk
10-12-2011, 12:16 PM
who said that? :eek:

Dave3
10-12-2011, 12:27 PM
lebron has the third highest scoring average in NBA history you idiot.
But it doesn't look good when he scores:mad:

Therefore he sucks at scoring.

But seriously, why would you even make this thread? The only people that think that are probably...well no one. The trolls that do "believe" that don't actually, but just say it to troll. Why entertain the thoughts of the stupidest people you know?

It's like asking if people actually think Ginobilli is better than Wade (it's been discussed believe it or not) or if Kobe is actually better than Jordan. There are so many people in the world, some are bound to believe retarded things. We don't go addressing every stupid thing each person believes. You just leave them be knowing no one takes their opinion seriously.

lolokay
10-12-2011, 12:35 PM
relax coz we gonna win next season. Unfortunate events just happen.
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha hahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah hahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahah ahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahah ahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahaha hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahh aahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha hahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha hahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhah ahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhah ahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahaha
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha hahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah hahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahah ahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahah ahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahaha hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahh aahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha hahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha hahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhah ahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhah ahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhahahahhahaha

Nick Young
10-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Lebron is just stacking his stats his whole career on shitty teams always choking when it matters most even when he is playing with the best player in the league D-Wade and a top 5 PF in the league.

Carmelo plays for the W is the clutchest player of his generation and doesn't play for numbers like Lebron does, he is just unfortunate to have played in a stacked conference with shitty teammates for most of his career.

kaiiu
10-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Melo is better than Lebrick .Case closed.

asdf1990
10-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Lebron is just stacking his stats his whole career on shitty teams always choking when it matters most even when he is playing with the best player in the league D-Wade and a top 5 PF in the league.

Carmelo plays for the W is the clutchest player of his generation and doesn't play for numbers like Lebron does, he is just unfortunate to have played in a stacked conference with shitty teammates for most of his career.

Lol 0-4 in the shitty ecf so far.

Nick Young
10-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Lol 0-4 in the shitty ecf so far.
0-4 with only Amare and the worst merry band of scrubs known to man, the only time Melo has ever had a proper team around him he lead them to the WCF in a stacked conference losing to the eventual champs and DA GAWD.

Nick Young
10-12-2011, 12:58 PM
LeBron never had anyone close to Amar'e on the Cavs and he didn't get swept in the first round, now did he?:lol
LAWL
2009-2010 Cavs
Mike Brown-Reigning coach of the year
Shaq-while still a reigning allstar-top 5 center in the league
Antawn Jamison-All star, top 5 low post scorer in the league
Mo Williams-All star
Anthony Parker-two time Euroleague MVP, all around good roleplayer
JJ Hickson-starter quality PF COMING OFF THE BENCH
Anderson Varejao-One of the best bench bigs IN THE GAME

Oh yeah 3 of the top 10 long distance shooters in the NBA WERE ON HIS TEAM

And Lebron still couldn't get it done with what was being called the MOST STACKED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE pre-playoffs

lolokay
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0503/nba_g_lebron1_200.jpg

u mad melo?

lolokay
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5pRa--fr5yI/TmuSjW8gk3I/AAAAAAAAACk/wPsDYESfpV8/s1600/carmelo-anthony-fishing-on-his-honeymoon.jpg

ffffat boy

-Original-
10-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Melo can actually shoot.

/thread.

Bigsmoke
10-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Melo can actually shoot.

/thread.

Jose Calderon > Derrick Rose :hammerhead:

Mike Brown-Reigning coach of the year
Shaq-while still a reigning allstar-top 5 center in the league
Mo Williams-Allstar
Anthony Parker-two time Euroleague MVP, all around good roleplayer

get the **** out of here with that bullshit.

If lebron team was so awesome then why Mike Brown get fired, Shaq retired a year later, Mo Williams got traded, and Anthony Parker and the rest of the Cavs team finish with the worst record in the East?

Doranku
10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
LeBron in the 2009 playoffs averaged something like 35/9/9. Try again, dumbass. And you're overrating the **** out of LeBron's teammates, I can do the same thing with your boy Kobe this past year:
Pau Gasol-Top 2 or 3 PF in the NBA, future HOF'er, great passer, clutch god :bowdown:
Lamar Odom-Best 6th man in NBA history besides McHale, future HOFer, this generation's Scottie Pippen
Andrew Bynum-2nd best center in the league, beast shotblocker, fantastic rebounder, incredibly efficient, future HOFer
Ron Artest-One of the greatest perimeter defenders ever, super clutch shooter, future HOFer
Derek Fisher-Mr. Big Shot, always comes through in the clutch, 5 rings, future HOFer
Shannon Brown-Best athlete in the NBA, awesome dunker
Matt Barnes-Another great bench player, best backup SF in the league
Phil Jackson-GOAT Coach

And they got swept by the Mavericks. :roll:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

:facepalm

All Net
10-12-2011, 04:40 PM
He isnt

Bigsmoke
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Like this?

u gotta love Melo's 41% shooting in the playoffs.

NewYorkNoPicks
10-12-2011, 04:52 PM
can melo guard and play 4 positions.

I said with regard to OFFENSE

improve your reading comprehension.

There's no one in the league aside from Kobe who can score in as many ways as Carmelo Anthony.

NewYorkNoPicks
10-12-2011, 04:52 PM

you've got to love LeBron's less than 29% shooting in the closing moments of a game.

NewYorkNoPicks
10-12-2011, 04:55 PM
LeBron never had anyone close to Amar'e on the Cavs and he didn't get swept in the first round, now did he?:lol

Amare injured his back, and didn't recover until a few weeks ago aactually.

Billups injured his thigh I believe off an illegal screen from Garnett.

So if you think Melo and Landry Fields were going to beat the Boston Celtics you shouldn't even have a television set, a pair of eyes, or any grey matter in between your right and left ears.

Bigsmoke
10-12-2011, 04:56 PM
you've got to love LeBron's less than 29% shooting in the closing moments of a game.

:hammerhead: other than 09, give me some other magical moment by Melo in the playoffs?

Melo ****ed up at the end in both games 1 and 2 in the Celtics series and then come back playing worse in game 3 if thats clucth to you.

Dave3
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I've got to love how you can't read and how LeBron's percentage was actually 34% in the link and that the 29% was the league average.

I've also got to love how the number you misread was 29.8% (the league average) and somehow you're presenting that as under 29% as opposed to 30%.

Obvious bias in the argument there.

NewYorkNoPicks
10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
:hammerhead: other than 09, give me some other magical moment by Melo in the playoffs?

Melo ****ed up at the end in both games 1 and 2 in the Celtics series and then come back playing worse in game 3 if thats cluth to you.

Go on youtube, and revisit the ESPN coverage following the consummation of the Carmelo Anthony trade. No one has hit more game winners in the entire league, and at a better percentage, than Carmelo Anthony since 2003. Why do you try and argue something thats fact? LeBron's not clutch, Melo is and LeBron isn't as versatile as a scorer as Melo is....both facts. Nobody is saying LeBron is the better overall player. Accept reality.

Ikill
10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
To all the people saying Melos only got past the first round once its because he plays in the better confrence Lebrons only beat one 50 win team before Miami. You don't Melo would be able to beat all those 40 win teams?

NewYorkNoPicks
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
I've got to love how you can't read and how LeBron's percentage was actually 34% in the link and that the 29% was the league average.

I've also got to love how the number you misread was 29.8% (the league average) and somehow you're presenting that as under 29% as opposed to 30%.

Obvious bias in the argument there.

LeBron's % was based on the op's warped perception of what "clutch" is. He defined it as 5 minutes to go in a close game or something along those lines.

Clutch in reality, and not in the op's convoluted, biased mind is last second shots that have a significant impact on the game whether it's sending it to overtime, or for the win. In real clutch situations like I described LeBron holds a 29% clip. That's what really matters, not this "5 minutes to go" bs. GAME...WINNING....SHOTS.

Oh and by the way, way to really split hairs because I was off by a few TENTHS of a percentage point which I referenced by memory from a post I read 2 days ago. Idiot

Ikill
10-12-2011, 05:08 PM

If lebron team was so awesome then why Mike Brown get fired, Shaq retired a year later, Mo Williams got traded, and Anthony Parker and the rest of the Cavs team finish with the worst record in the East?
They also had alot of injuries and a new coach. The Mavs went 2-7 without Dirk would you they were a bad team?

Bigsmoke
10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Go on youtube, and revisit the ESPN coverage following the consummation of the Carmelo Anthony trade. No one has hit more game winners in the entire league, and at a better percentage, than Carmelo Anthony since 2003. Why do you try and argue something thats fact? LeBron's not clutch, Melo is and LeBron isn't as versatile as a scorer as Melo is....both facts. Nobody is saying LeBron is the better overall player. Accept reality.

I agree what's on bold.

Lets agree on this...both have their ups and downs but we all know that all of Lebron's **** ups are always under a microscope

NewYorkNoPicks
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
I accept that in bold.

Both have their ups and downs but i think Lebron's **** ups are always under a microscope

Thank you man I appreciate that. It shows you're an intelligent guy, and not like some of the other poster on this board who just try to create their own reality because they happen to like one player better than another.

lolokay
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Melo can actually shoot.

/thread.

lebron shot better than mello from mid range LOL

asdf1990
10-12-2011, 05:15 PM

plz go on youtube and link me to more than 2 videos of melo being clutch in the PLAYOFFS , also link me to melos series where he has been remotely close to lebrons best series, oh wait u can't cuz none of that shit exists. quit watching skip brainless.

Bigsmoke
10-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Thank you man I appreciate that. It shows you're an intelligent guy, and not like some of the other poster on this board who just try to create their own reality because they happen to like one player better than another.

i appreciate it

can't wait to see Melo and Amare get their chemisty on point so we can see some Knicks and Bulls rivalries like from the 90's :cheers:

lol i think its ****ed up that once the Bulls are able to get out of mediocreville, we have like lockout BS

Dave3
10-12-2011, 05:19 PM
LeBron's % was based on the op's warped perception of what "clutch" is. He defined it as 5 minutes to go in a close game or something along those lines.

Clutch in reality, and not in the op's convoluted, biased mind is last second shots that have a significant impact on the game whether it's sending it to overtime, or for the win. In real clutch situations like I described LeBron holds a 29% clip. That's what really matters, not this "5 minutes to go" bs. GAME...WINNING....SHOTS.

Oh and by the way, way to really split hairs because I was off by a few TENTHS of a percentage point which I referenced by memory from a post I read 2 days ago. Idiot
Um no, I remember that thread, and LeBron's percentage was 34% on game winning shots, not 29%. The 30% was the league average. And you mentioned and repeated the 29% in the other thread despite it being 30% (so you knew what you were doing) and in here come and say below 29%. Not that it's even the real number, but saying something is below, when it's actually above is an indicator of bias.

But I'm the idiot:rolleyes:

Nick Young
10-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Gotta love Lebron taking the fourth quarter off in every single game of the 2011 finals.

Nick Young
10-12-2011, 05:45 PM

Mike Brown got fired because Lebron told the Cavs to fire him. Shaq retired a year later due to injury, which he didn't have in the playoffs for the Cavs. Mo Williams got traded because the Cavs went in to tank mode and Anthony Parker was the 5th best player on the team who suddenly had to play as a second option a year later so of course the Cavs failed.

STOP REWRITING HISTORY.

Before the playoffs started EVERYONE was calling the Cavs the most stacked and complete team in the league and EVERYONE had them coming out of the east.

NewYorkNoPicks
10-12-2011, 06:37 PM
i appreciate it

can't wait to see Melo and Amare get their chemisty on point so we can see some Knicks and Bulls rivalries like from the 90's :cheers:

lol i think its ****ed up that once the Bulls are able to get out of mediocreville, we have like lockout BS

yeahh I still can't believe how you guys got Derrick Rose. 9th worst record and ended up with the #1 pick :facepalm . If we get CP3 though it'll be like the 90's but reversed :lol

BlueandGold
10-12-2011, 06:56 PM
The homophobia on this forum is ridiculous. Someone (won't be named but he's a well known user) pm'd me a couple of months ago after I said "that's cute" or something along those lines. He messaged me and asked "Your kidding right???", in which I responded no. It's funny how the people who are the most insecure about their own sexuality are the ones who are so quick to judge that of others. If you've ever taken a sexuality or sociology class you would learn that everyone is bisexual to a certain extent. It's not like a two-sided coin where you have to choose sides. The truth about sexuality is that it lies on a spectrum, and very few if any are all on one side or the other.

knicksman
10-12-2011, 07:40 PM
lebron has the third highest scoring average in NBA history you idiot.

yup because he statpad against weak teams. dirk and pierce arent one of the highest scorers. Does that mean dirk and pierce arent better scorers. How come they won while lebron cant?:lol

Bigsmoke
10-12-2011, 07:44 PM
yeahh I still can't believe how you guys got Derrick Rose. 9th worst record and ended up with the #1 pick :facepalm . If we get CP3 though it'll be like the 90's but reversed :lol

We'll see about that :pimp:

knicksman
10-12-2011, 07:47 PM
lebron shot better than mello from mid range LOL

because he shoots during 1st quarters where theres no defense yet. Tell me hows lebrons midrange in the finals:lol

lolokay
10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
because he shoots during 1st quarters where theres no defense yet. Tell me hows lebrons midrange in the finals:lol

tell me hows melo's mid range in the finals......o wait.

kaiiu
10-12-2011, 09:16 PM
To all the people saying Melos only got past the first round once its because he plays in the better confrence Lebrons only beat one 50 win team before Miami. You don't Melo would be able to beat all those 40 win teams?
this is what they dont get

knicksman
10-12-2011, 09:18 PM
tell me hows melo's mid range in the finals......o wait.

finals or first round is the same which is no rings idiot.:lol

knicksman
10-12-2011, 09:19 PM
this is what they dont get

yeah and it was with the help of refs while melo won against 2 50-win teams coz i consider new orleans a 50-win team if they were on the east.

KingRaptor
10-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I think Carmelo is great but Lebrons clearly better up to this point

lolokay
10-13-2011, 05:58 PM
yeah and it was with the help of refs while melo won against 2 50-win teams coz i consider new orleans a 50-win team if they were on the east.

IF mello is so great WHY dO YOU HAVE TO KEEP MAKEING EXCUSES FOR HIM? its because weak player like melo need them.

Nick Young
10-13-2011, 06:11 PM
IF mello is so great WHY dO YOU HAVE TO KEEP MAKEING EXCUSES FOR HIM? its because weak player like melo need them.
because idiots keep saying Lebron is better than him because of stats and what the media tells them to think

BEFORE MIAMI LEBRON ONLY BEAT ONE 50 WIN TEAM IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE, FACE REALITY, HE ONLY GOT AS FAR AS HE DID WITHOUT D-WADE BECAUSE HE PLAYED IN A SHITTY CONFERENCE

knicksman
10-13-2011, 06:41 PM

those are facts my friend not excuses. lebron never won only once against 50+ team

Dave3
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
those are facts my friend not excuses. lebron never won only once against 50+ team
LeBron has a victory against a 50 win team with Cleveland, and 2 with Miami
Melo has one as well.

How is this an advantage for Melo? LeBron has more, and even if you don't count Miami, they're tied. Why is this good for Melo?

Phong
10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
KEEP MAKEING EXCUSES.. weak player...need them.- his 66 and 61 teams are all d-leaguers
- his mom ****ed his teammate, everybody knew but nobody told him
- he has a terrible injury that no doctor has been able to find despite multiple MRIs
- his girlfriend is ****ing Rashard Lewis so his head isn't in the game

Heavincent
10-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Still trying to regain your MVP crown, eh Phongie boy? Well, I'll give you props for having such perserverence; it's inspiring, it really is! :applause: But, it's time to admit you're not the troll you were in your younger days. We all get old, man, we just have to accept it. It's time for you to do so and move on to the next chapter of your life.

Phong is right on point here. Lebron groupies make a shitload of excuses for Lebron's failures.

knicksman
10-13-2011, 07:25 PM
LeBron has a victory against a 50 win team with Cleveland, and 2 with Miami
Melo has one as well.

How is this an advantage for Melo? LeBron has more, and even if you don't count Miami, they're tied. Why is this good for Melo?

2 for melo coz new orleans will be 50+ team if they played in the weak east while no upsets while lebron has 1 and 2 upsets. Coz this just proves that if lebron played in the stronger western conference, he would also be a first round exit.

Ikill
10-13-2011, 07:29 PM
- his 66 and 61 teams are all d-leaguers
- his mom ****ed his teammate, everybody knew but nobody told him
- he has a terrible injury that no doctor has been able to find despite multiple MRIs
- his girlfriend is ****ing Rashard Lewis so his head isn't in the game
Maybe a bit off topic but in game 3 and 4 of the 2007 finals Lebron scored 25 points on 39% and 24 points on 33% Cavs only lost by one in both games. I swear 07,08 Cavs>09,10 Cavs

Dave3
10-13-2011, 07:32 PM
2 for melo coz new orleans will be 50+ team if they played in the weak east while no upsets while lebron has 1 and 2 upsets. Coz this just proves that if lebron played in the stronger western conference, he would also be a first round exit.
I see. So Melo beating a team that doesn't win 50 games counts as a win against a 50 win team. So that's why he wins the category in your mind. Even though the East in 2009 had a better record against the West. Makes sense...

Nick Young
10-13-2011, 08:00 PM
I see. So Melo beating a team that doesn't win 50 games counts as a win against a 50 win team. So that's why he wins the category in your mind. Even though the East in 2009 had a better record against the West. Makes sense...
Face reality, for the past 10 years, the 5,6,7,8 seeds in the west all would have been top 4 seeds if they played in the east for the most part.

Lebron played in the shittier conference and still has the same results as Melo.

Not to mention Melo has an NCAA title to his name, he has proven he can win it all and doesn't get scared in the big games, whereas the only thing Lebron has proven is he consistently shrinks his game when it matters most.

Dave3
10-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Face reality, for the past 10 years, the 5,6,7,8 seeds in the west all would have been top 4 seeds if they played in the east for the most part.

Lebron played in the shittier conference and still has the same results as Melo.

Not to mention Melo has an NCAA title to his name, he has proven he can win it all and doesn't get scared in the big games, whereas the only thing Lebron has proven is he consistently shrinks his game when it matters most.
Thanks. I see the light now:bowdown: :bowdown:

Heavincent
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
See folks, that's why Heavincent has gained so much respect around the TBA. He still refers to Phong as the GOAT, even though he has surpassed him. Great troll teammate there folks. He gonna troll far.

I'm a humble guy.

knicksman
10-13-2011, 09:01 PM

LOL youre a joke if you think the east is better than the west

Dave3
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
LOL youre a joke if you think the east is better than the west
2009 =/= is. 2009 = was.
That year the East was every bit as good as the West. The Magic Celtics and Cavaliers had better records than the 3rd seed, 2nd seed, and 1st seed in the West, respectively. In the playoffs it got a little messed up because Garnett was out for the Celtics. Not to mention after the 8th or 9th seed that year, the West dropped hard whereas the East teams were still all competing close to each other. Overall still, the East won more games against the West. You want to argue against the W-L record go right ahead.

knicksman
10-13-2011, 09:48 PM
2009 =/= is. 2009 = was.
That year the East was every bit as good as the West. The Magic Celtics and Cavaliers had better records than the 3rd seed, 2nd seed, and 1st seed in the West, respectively. In the playoffs it got a little messed up because Garnett was out for the Celtics. Not to mention after the 8th or 9th seed that year, the West dropped hard whereas the East teams were still all competing close to each other. Overall still, the East won more games against the West. You want to argue against the W-L record go right ahead.

of course they have better record coz there are lot more weaker teams in the east than the west.

knicksman
10-13-2011, 09:48 PM
You're a joke period.

why?

Dave3
10-13-2011, 09:53 PM
of course they have better record coz there are lot more weaker teams in the east than the west.
Yup. Completely ignore the fact that the weakest teams were all in the West that year. Also ignore the East's winning record AGAINST the West in total for that season. Good thinking.

eliteballer
10-13-2011, 10:00 PM
2009 =/= is. 2009 = was.

The West had 6 teams with 50 or more wins the East had 3. The West had 6 teams below 40 wins and the East had 8.

eliteballer
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Yup. Completely ignore the fact that the weakest teams were all in the West that year. Also ignore the East's winning record AGAINST the West in total for that season. Good thinking.

...4 teams in the East below 30 wins, 2 in the West.

Miller for 3
10-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I like Melo but he is overrated as hell

Dave3
10-13-2011, 10:12 PM
...4 teams in the East below 30 wins, 2 in the West.
Um, wrong? There was 1 team in the East below 30 wins, and there were 6 teams in the West below 30 wins.

What season you looking at there? And based on this post, I'd say the previous one is probably wrong as well.

eliteballer
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
1st post is 2009 2nd is 2011.

knicksman
10-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Yup. Completely ignore the fact that the weakest teams were all in the West that year. Also ignore the East's winning record AGAINST the West in total for that season. Good thinking. the weakest would be in the west coz there are lots of good teams in the west. its a dog fight in the west while atlanta would be an 8th/7th seed in the west. Even miami would not made the playoffs.

knicksman
10-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Because you think Melo is better than LBJ and Durant. :facepalm

Because its true. hes just underrated like pierce and dirk but he plays the same as them.

DaPerceive
10-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Because its true. hes just underrated like pierce and dirk but he plays the same as them.
I understand if you think Melo is more clutch, a better scorer, or a better rebounder than him, but how in the world is he a better individual player than Lebron? I actually understand the argument for Durant; I just don't really agree with it. But explain why you think Carmelo is better than Lebron.

Dave3
10-13-2011, 11:56 PM
the weakest would be in the west coz there are lots of good teams in the west. its a dog fight in the west while atlanta would be an 8th/7th seed in the west. Even miami would not made the playoffs.
Sure. Continue to ignore the East's winning record against the West overall for the season.

knicksman
10-14-2011, 12:00 AM
I understand if you think Melo is more clutch, a better scorer, or a better rebounder than him, but how in the world is he a better individual player than Lebron? I actually understand the argument for Durant; I just don't really agree with it. But explain why you think Carmelo is better than Lebron.

its the same as pierce or dirk. statistically lebron is better but how come pierce/dirk won while lebron didnt?

and i prefer melos style over lebron. I want my scorer to play off the ball and can create tough shots when it matters. I really dont care if melo is less efficient but thats due to him bailing out and shooting more jumpers. I prefer a scorer who prefers scoring through jumpers like pierce, dirk, jordan, kobe, bird over a slasher who cant shoot. Whats the use of driving into the paint always so your stats could look efficient but is afraid to drive when it matters most.Players dont want to get hurt and taking contact in the paint makes you more prone to injuries. Thats why lebron cant score because mavs have a tough defender in chandler. Lebron has no other weapon when you take away his drive. I can live with my star big man being unable to shoot coz they have the strength to bully their way to the basket but for a perimeter player, it should be a must. So better scorer melo.

The advantage of lebron is assists but I consider players who wants to playmake and score at the same time as more selfish than pure scorers. i feel like they are cancers to a team. As magic said, why not have 2 players happy on the court rather than one. But lebron combined 2 roles so there is only 1 player happy on the court. Thats why robertson, francis, iverson, marbury, tmac are underachievers coz nobody wants to play with them.

So I consider assists a wash coz it really doesnt help if your teammates are unhappy.

Second advantage of lebron is defense yet I believed that most players are just lazy on defense like pierce so i really dont include defense in ranking players. Defense is something you learn first before learning offense. So if these guys are good offensively then it is safe to assume they can be good defensively, they just dont give effort on it. And most defensive players like centers are injury prones so I understand them not playing defense.

So if you remove defense and playmaking you would realize that melo, pierce, dirk are equal or better than lebron coz they are better scorers than lebron.
Or the better way to judge whos better is who do you think will win in 1-on-1 setting?And I believe that melo, pierce, dirk could beat lebron 1-on-1.

knicksman
10-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Sure. Continue to ignore the East's winning record against the West overall for the season.

na just also ignore that the representative in the east(orlando)almost got swept by lakers.

Dave3
10-14-2011, 12:06 AM
na just also ignore that the representative in the east(orlando)almost got swept by lakers.
So the W-L record of the conferences against each other isn't as important of the record of 2 teams in 5 games. Because matchups mean nothing and one team = conference strength. You continue to absolutely impress me with your logic. :applause:

knicksman
10-14-2011, 12:13 AM
So the W-L record of the conferences against each other isn't as important of the record of 2 teams in 5 games. Because matchups mean nothing and one team = conference strength. You continue to absolutely impress me with your logic. :applause:

coz its more of the W-L between the playoff teams against each other.

Dave3
10-14-2011, 12:17 AM
coz its more of the W-L between the playoff teams against each other.
Sure:oldlol: :oldlol:

knicksman
10-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Sure:oldlol: :oldlol:

still the fact remains that atlanta(4th seed)would be an 8th seed in the west. deal with it:D

The_Yearning
10-14-2011, 02:13 AM

Way to go out on a limb there big boy.

Look at this chump, feeling all confident about his boy now that he got Wade and Bosh to protect him ahahaha

No season, LBJ will be 27 soon.

lolokay
10-14-2011, 08:46 AM
bulls would beat knicks fairly easily in 5 games
miami would sweep
boston would sweep
orlando would win in 6 games.

knicks win 48 games this year and knick fans still will find excuses for themLOL

knicksman
10-14-2011, 09:02 AM
miami would sweep
boston would sweep

knicks win 48 games this year and knick fans still will find excuses for themLOL

wrong. knicks will be the 2nd seed this year and will upset miami in the conference finals and then wins the chip. Just ask skip bayless whos no. 2 next season.

D-Wade316
10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
wrong. knicks will be the 2nd seed this year and will upset miami in the conference finals and then wins the chip. Just ask skip bayless whos no. 2 next season.
:facepalm I can't imagine how unbearable Knicks fans would be if CP3 ever comes to play for NY. Most of them here already are.

asdf1990
10-14-2011, 09:12 AM

Really skip bayless lol?

knicksman
10-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Really skip bayless lol?

laugh all you want but the guy has good sense of humor which means he has high IQ. But you dont know that coz youre an idiot.

knicksman
10-14-2011, 09:44 AM
I swear Knicksman has to be the absolute dumbest poster on ISH.

na im good in math so I know im not. how bout you?

lolokay
10-14-2011, 10:03 AM

haha im not suprised, i mean your the same guy who said amare is better than derrick rose.

lolokay
10-14-2011, 10:05 AM

he said he likes carmelo not playing defense because it shows he has pride in his game, than goes on to compare it to a ceo not doing janitor work LOLOLOLOLOL

BlackJoker23
10-14-2011, 11:06 AM
kid is a melo nvthugger posing as a knicks fan. hop off the wagon son. love how he joined right after melo got traded

kaiiu
10-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Knicksman is my hero

lolokay
10-14-2011, 11:29 AM
I like carmelo not playing defense because that shows how huge hes pride is. Its like a CEO forcing to work as a janitor. All CEOs can be janitors but they worked and studied hard so they wont end up as a janitor. All players knows how to play defense because its the first one that they learn when playing this game. But once they become the best offensive players then it becomes an insult to them when you forced them to play defense. Its for players with no talent or beginners. melo and amare already achieved the highest level so why would they play defense which is for low level. defense doesnt require that much skill, but more about effort so LOL at overrating defense like its harder to play defense than offense. Only idiots think that way or players who have no pride or thinks low of themselves that they are willing to do the dirty work just to have a job in the nba. Its the same with CEOs, its an insult to them to work as a janitor. Let the janitors work for it so they can have an income. Or let those no talent players play the dirty work so they could get huge contracts too(see chandler). melo is already paid max without even playing defense.

lol ****ing idiot

sh0wtime
10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Carmelo holds water up there with Durant, but evidently not with Lebron, so being more superior than Lebron is a very irrational thought, there is just to much evidence to prove this.

Carmelo vs Durant is a genuine debate though.

BlackJoker23
10-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Carmelo holds water up there with Durant, but evidently not with Lebron, so being more superior than Lebron is a very irrational thought.

Carmelo vs Durant is a synthetic debate though.
shut the phuck up pauk
http://oi54.tinypic.com/j14pqp.jpg

pauk
10-14-2011, 12:37 PM
shut the phuck up pauk
http://oi54.tinypic.com/j14pqp.jpg

i take it as complement! showtime is a great unbiased mature poster :applause:

just put this retard on ignore list showtime

also the other stupid kobetards/lebron haters:
phong
legend-24
nbacarddotnet
kaiiu
mr jabbar
nick young
pegasus
premeditated
airtupac
28renyoy

BlackJoker23
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
i take it as complement! showtime is a great unbiased mature poster :applause:

just put this retard on ignore list showtime
good job posting right after showtime logged out u inbred phuckface make it a little less obvious next time

Bigsmoke
10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
miami would sweep
boston would sweep

the Celtics are going downhill.

kaiiu
10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Your Showtime account is a better troll account than yo Pauk one imo. Look at the avi thats the perfect troll face if I ever seen one. That little " Ha ha ha" u start every post with. Then the little smiley "(: " u end every post is is genius. I applaud:applause:

Bigsmoke
10-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Your Showtime account is a better troll account than yo Pauk one imo. Look at the avi thats the perfect troll face if I ever seen one. That little " Ha ha ha" u start every post with. Then the little smiley "(: " u end every post is is genius. I applaud:applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xboTOZpRTAM

kaiiu
10-14-2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xboTOZpRTAM
aye. He was hollin doe like

asdf1990
10-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Knicksman is one of my many other accounts

Fixed. .

chazzy
10-14-2011, 03:09 PM
:roll:

knicksman
10-14-2011, 06:07 PM
haha im not suprised, i mean your the same guy who said amare is better than derrick rose.

of course youre an idiot so you wont get that. is rose also better than dirk?coz idiots only sticks to stats coz they dont know how to analyze games. im sure you would rank dirk below rose if not for him winning a ring. Rose may have better stats but amare will have a higher chance of winning a ring. big men wins in this league not score first pg who hasnt won since the creation of the league. deal with it.

knicksman
10-14-2011, 06:19 PM
he said he likes carmelo not playing defense because it shows he has pride in his game, than goes on to compare it to a ceo not doing janitor work LOLOLOLOLOL

janitor(doing the dirty work) and defense is also doing the dirty work. Its an insult to a CEO to let him be a janitor just like its an insult to a great offensive player to do the dirty work which is defending. If youre not insulted then that shows that you have no pride. But its obvious that lebron has no pride coz he wont be joining wade and bosh if he has.:lol

lolokay
10-14-2011, 07:36 PM
janitor(doing the dirty work) and defense is also doing the dirty work. Its an insult to a CEO to let him be a janitor just like its an insult to a great offensive player to do the dirty work which is defending. If youre not insulted then that shows that you have no pride. But its obvious that lebron has no pride coz he wont be joining wade and bosh if he has.:lol

LOL YOUR SUCH AN IDIOT, MJ and kobe and also lebron are great defenders thats what seperates them to bums like carmelo.

lolokay
10-14-2011, 07:40 PM
of course youre an idiot so you wont get that. is rose also better than dirk?coz idiots only sticks to stats coz they dont know how to analyze games. im sure you would rank dirk below rose if not for him winning a ring. Rose may have better stats but amare will have a higher chance of winning a ring. big men wins in this league not score first pg who hasnt won since the creation of the league. deal with it.

1.dirk puts up better stats than rose and deserved mvp more than him
2.BULLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> knicks so you know who has a better chance to win a ring, since amare,melo,dantoni = worse defensive team in history lol.
3. you're an idiot

knicksman
10-14-2011, 08:17 PM
1.dirk puts up better stats than rose and deserved mvp more than him
2.BULLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> knicks so you know who has a better chance to win a ring, since amare,melo,dantoni = worse defensive team in history lol.
3. you're an idiot

LOL you just proved youre an idiot if you think dirk puts up better stats. Theres a reason why Rose is top 5 before the championship while dirk is just barely top 10 because Rose has better stats than dirk. Its until dirk won the chip while rose exposed that dirk became top 5. And idiots dont know how to predict the next season so there rankings are based on the last season so they would really say bulls>knicks. But I have good analytic skills so I know how to analyze which team will be good next season. As skip bayless said knicks will be no. 2 next season. :sleeping

knicks dont play defense coz theyre lazy but when it comes to top teams, they play good defense. They held chicago without a point for 8 mins in the 4th and held them to below 100 the same with the heat in their last 2 games and knicks played good defense in the playoffs against boston in their first 2 games until amare got injured. Only idiots overrate defense as if its something you cannot learn LOL when in fact most players are just isnt interested in it. Just like in the janitors comparison, CEOs dont clean their rooms and let the janitors do it but does that mean that they know how to be janitors? NO, theyre just not interested. Everybody can be a defender but nobody wants to be a defender just like everybody can be a janitor but nobody wants to be a janitor.

lolokay
10-14-2011, 11:35 PM
knicksman may please have your top ten players in the game today.

knicksman
10-15-2011, 04:51 AM
knicksman may please have your top ten players in the game today.

give me yours first

knicksman
10-15-2011, 04:52 AM
Ewwww....:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

trying hard

cavsfanatic
10-15-2011, 08:08 AM
It's not close at all. Melo been out of the 1st rd once while Bron took the worst team probably ever to the finals. I wonder why ppl act like Lebron ain't kill 4th qtrs till he went to Miami.... Cleveland Lebron > Miami Lebron. Idiot shouldn't have left

pauk
10-15-2011, 08:14 AM
stop this trolling nonsense already.......... carmelo is not even a top 10 player apparently.... check it out:

ESPN's Top 20 Ranking 2011

#20 Zach Randolph
#19 Tim Duncan
#18 Manu Ginobili
#17 Rajon Rondo
#16 Kevin Love
#15 Russell Westbrook
#14 Steve Nash
#13 Amare Stoudemire
#12 Carmelo Anthony
#11 Pau Gasol

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/71...rankings-11-15

Gasol > Carmelo & Amare and so on bwahahahah

inb4 massive RAGE!

pauk
10-15-2011, 08:17 AM
give me yours first

1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Dirk
6. Rose
7. Kobe
8. Carmelo
9. Amare
10. Griffin-Westbrook-Love-Gasol-Nash-CP3-Deron and so on

Doctor Rivers
10-15-2011, 08:18 AM
1. Wade
2. Dwight
3. LeBron
4. Durant
5. Dirk
6. Rose
7. Carmelo
8. Kobe
9. Amare

fixed

pauk
10-15-2011, 08:24 AM
fixed

lol Wade over Dwight & LEBRON???

haha... on what basis?

Dwight & Lebron were both 1st team All-NBA... Wade was NOT
Dwight & Lebron were both 1st All-Defensive... Wade was NOT
Dwight & Lebron were both the most productive (PER/EFF) players in the NBA... Wade was NOT
Dwight & Lebron had 500++ MVP votes..... WADE HAD 24!!......
Lebron had much better Clutch stats than Wade... www.82games.com
Dwight led the league in PER/EFF in PLAYOFFS & Lebron was better than Wade up until the Mavs series....

Lebron took Wade to his first playoff series WIN since 2006....

:rolleyes:

AND EVEN IF YOU CARE ONLY ABOUT THE FINALS....... WADE STILL CHOKED JUST THE SAME OR ELSE HE WOULD HAVE WON WOULDNT HE??

EVEN IF YOU CARE ONLY ABOUT THOSE 4-7 GAMES IN THE FINALS AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.......... THEN WITH YOUR LOGIC......... DIRK NOWITZKI IS #1.............. SO YOU FAIL HOWEVER YOU WANT IT..............

knicksman
10-15-2011, 08:35 AM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Dirk
6. Rose
7. Kobe
8. Carmelo
9. Amare

1. amare
2. dirk
3.dwight
4. melo
5.lebron
6.kobe
7.durant
8.wade
9. rose
10. aldridge

and who cares about espn. dirk and pierce were underrated anyway and yet they won. And big men wins in this league. almost all pfs already won(dirk, gasol, garnett, duncan)and so i believe amare is next. while only kobe that has won among the perimeter players coz wade needed 30+ fts to win it. And kobe needed the best frontcourt to win it.

pauk
10-15-2011, 08:56 AM
1. amare
2. dirk
3.dwight
4. melo
5.lebron
6.kobe
7.durant
8.wade
9. rose
10. aldridge

and who cares about espn. dirk and pierce were underrated anyway and yet they won. And big men wins in this league. almost all pfs already won(dirk, gasol, garnett, duncan)and so i believe amare is next. while only kobe that has won among the perimeter players coz wade needed 30+ fts to win it. And kobe needed the best frontcourt to win it .

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/74647593_wtf_gif.gif

D-Wade316
10-15-2011, 10:39 AM
lol Wade over Dwight & LEBRON???

haha... on what basis?

Dwight & Lebron were both 1st team All-NBA... Wade was NOT
Dwight & Lebron were both 1st All-Defensive... Wade was NOT
Dwight & Lebron were both the most productive (PER/EFF) players in the NBA... Wade was NOT
Dwight & Lebron had 500++ MVP votes..... WADE HAD 24!!......
Lebron had much better Clutch stats than Wade... www.82games.com
Dwight led the league in PER/EFF in PLAYOFFS & Lebron was better than Wade up until the Mavs series....

Lebron took Wade to his first playoff series WIN since 2006....

:rolleyes:

AND EVEN IF YOU CARE ONLY ABOUT THE FINALS....... WADE STILL CHOKED JUST THE SAME OR ELSE HE WOULD HAVE WON WOULDNT HE??

EVEN IF YOU CARE ONLY ABOUT THOSE 4-7 GAMES IN THE FINALS AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.......... THEN WITH YOUR LOGIC......... DIRK NOWITZKI IS #1.............. SO YOU FAIL HOWEVER YOU WANT IT..............
Wade deserved over Rose and Kobe.
Josh Smith was the better defender than Lebron. He was more consistent. So was Tony Allen. But why didn't they get any award? Because of the media.
Wade's PER>Lebron & Dwight's PER in the Playoffs (where it matters the most)
Media Media Media Media Media Media Media Media Media Media Media Media
Who cares. He "choked" horribly in the Finals (where it mattered the most)
Lebron's supporting cast>Wade's supporting cast.

1. Lebron/Wade
2. Wade/Lebron
3. Dwight
4. CP3
5. Dirk

Heavincent
10-15-2011, 11:10 AM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Dirk
6. Rose
7. Kobe
8. Carmelo
9. Amare

What a shitty list :oldlol:

Dirk > Lebron
Durant > Lebron
Wade > Lebron (although Wade is overrated too)

lolokay
10-15-2011, 02:46 PM
1. amare
2. dirk
3.dwight
4. melo
5.lebron
6.kobe
7.durant
8.wade
9. rose
10. aldridge

and who cares about espn. dirk and pierce were underrated anyway and yet they won. And big men wins in this league. almost all pfs already won(dirk, gasol, garnett, duncan)and so i believe amare is next. while only kobe that has won among the perimeter players coz wade needed 30+ fts to win it. And kobe needed the best frontcourt to win it.

lebron
dwight
wade
paul
durant
dirk
kobe
rose
deron
melo

interesting seing amare 1? can you explain that he had the knicks by himself early and couldn't lead them above .500 even bosh did that with worse players in toronto.

knicksman
10-15-2011, 04:39 PM
lebron
dwight
wade
paul
durant
dirk
kobe
rose
deron
melo

interesting seing amare 1? can you explain that he had the knicks by himself early and couldn't lead them above .500 even bosh did that with worse players in toronto.

they were above .500. and bosh has been in toronto for how many years and couldnt make it in the playoffs while amare joined one of the youngest teams and made it to the playoffs. LOL at better teammates. Bosh is just not good at making his teammates better.

knicksman
10-15-2011, 04:41 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/74647593_wtf_gif.gif

well you believe lebron>pierce or dirk coz of stats so no need to argue on idiots who knows nothing beyond stats.

NJW1247
10-15-2011, 05:38 PM
knicksman trolling the fug out of all of you, LOL.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/182083235/maximum_trolling_by_synknight-d30eobn.gif

lolokay
10-15-2011, 07:06 PM
they were above .500. and bosh has been in toronto for how many years and couldnt make it in the playoffs while amare joined one of the youngest teams and made it to the playoffs. LOL at better teammates. Bosh is just not good at making his teammates better.

they were 28-26 the game before melo came,you're right they were obove .500. the same time the previous year boshs team was 30-24.

Lineups

jack/calderon < felton
derozan (raw rookie derozan avg 8points) < fields
turk < chandler( on both sides of the floor)
bosh
bargani >

bench players for toronto sonny weems,marcus banks(lol) amir johnson,antoine wright.

ny gallinari,shawne williams,bill walker tony douglas,

obvious amare had better supporting players.

knicksman
10-15-2011, 08:14 PM
they were 28-26 the game before melo came,you're right they were obove .500. the same time the previous year boshs team was 30-24.

Lineups

jack/calderon < felton
derozan (raw rookie derozan avg 8points) < fields
turk < chandler( on both sides of the floor)
bosh
bargani >

bench players for toronto sonny weems,marcus banks(lol) amir johnson,antoine wright.

ny gallinari,shawne williams,bill walker tony douglas,

obvious amare had better supporting players.

the team was affected by trade rumors thats why they started losing. Youre just saying theyre better because amare makes them better. Bosh was with them for how many yet they cant make it to the playoffs.

with malice
10-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Man, all I can say is: fished in.

nayte
10-15-2011, 09:35 PM

Ha..so you base other peoples intelligence on whether they agree with you or not ??

lolokay
10-15-2011, 11:23 PM
the team was affected by trade rumors thats why they started losing. Youre just saying theyre better because amare makes them better. Bosh was with them for how many yet they cant make it to the playoffs.

raptors made the playoffs twice wtf are you talking about.

Cali Syndicate
10-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Lebron is better than Melo. Not even debatable.

Definitely their best game against each other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me1gXDWUPLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N8YQLTHSS0&feature=watch_response_rev

bigkingsfan
11-19-2019, 11:36 PM
1. amare
2. dirk
3.dwight
4. melo
5.lebron
6.kobe
7.durant
8.wade
9. rose
10. aldridge

:biggums:

LAmbruh
11-19-2019, 11:40 PM
1. amare
2. dirk
3.dwight
4. melo
5.lebron
6.kobe
7.durant
8.wade
9. rose
10. aldridge

https://media.giphy.com/media/1d5Zn8FqmJqApu4hNU/giphy.gif

Wally450
11-19-2019, 11:48 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1d5Zn8FqmJqApu4hNU/giphy.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll:

What kind of list is that? :roll:

SouBeachTalents
11-19-2019, 11:49 PM
1. amare
2. dirk
3.dwight
4. melo
5.lebron
6.kobe
7.durant
8.wade
9. rose
10. aldridge

Nike D'Antoni
11-19-2019, 11:50 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

What kind of list is that? :roll:

It was legit back in 2011

NBAGOAT
11-19-2019, 11:52 PM
tbf amare started off hot that year but this guy really had rose at 9?

Nice to see knicksman's been an idiot for a decade

Andrei89
11-20-2019, 03:19 AM
Knicksman being a buffoon since his birth lmao:roll:

RealSkipBayless
11-20-2019, 04:07 AM
When ya look back at old topics and see EliteBaller posting normally and not spamming pictures of Lebron.

Smoke117
11-20-2019, 05:59 AM
Knicksman being a buffoon since his birth lmao:roll:

Crazy to think this thread is from 8 years ago and he is still doing the same stupid shit.

Lebron23
11-20-2019, 06:15 AM
He need to change his name to Knicksgay

Andrei89
11-20-2019, 06:43 AM
Crazy to think this thread is from 8 years ago and he is still doing the same stupid shit.

8 years of failure. This shit all started when Lebron chose Miami instead of shity New York lol

red1
11-20-2019, 03:01 PM
:biggums:

knickswoman is the gift that keeps giving

https://media.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif