PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: NBA Player's Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 04:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop

http://a.espncdn.com/i/columnists/Abbott_Henry_35.jpg
By Henry Abbott
ESPN.com
Archive (http://search.espn.go.com/henry-abbott/)

Damage to the NBA brand

A couple days ago on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/coachthorpe/status/123786405418770432), David Thorpe asked: "How's it gonna look when NBA players playing overseas get sent home because they are just not worth what they were being paid?"

Since then, DeJuan Blair -- a starter on one of the league's best teams in San Antonio -- was let go by his Russian team.

It's not that Blair didn't play well. His numbers were solid. It's also not that he has a big attitude -- quite the opposite.

The problem appears to have been simply that they could get similar production for less from any number of other players. He was good, but the amount they paid him, in that league, is reserved for greatness.

Thorpe has long maintained that the very best NBA players are in a class by themselves. No other league in the world has players like Dwyane Wade and LeBron James. But after those top stars, whether that's 30 or 40 players, he says it's very hard to tell anyone apart. The non-star NBA players, he says, are interchangeable with professionals all over the globe, which he sees in his own gym every summer, where, for instance, Italian Serie A starters hang comfortably with NBA rotation players.

Meanwhile, consider soccer's English Premiership, which includes some of the most valuable global sports franchises like Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool. Strictly because that league, and those teams, are seen as the best in the world, they are well-positioned to become not just England's favorite teams, but the world's favorite teams. They don't just play London, they play New York and Tokyo, too -- and when they get there they find fans wearing their players' jerseys and chanting their team chants.

Those teams pay like crazy for the most expensive talent in the world, and that talent gives them a shot at developing lucrative global audiences.

The NBA has a similar opportunity. Will sports fans in China, India and Brazil insist on NBA basketball on their televisions? Will they buy expensive official NBA merchandise?

If they are convinced it's far and away the best basketball league in the world they will. But the perception that the NBA is in a class by itself ... it's damaged just a little in Russia today when Blair is sent packing. And it's entirely possible that we'll see more of the same in other countries, which could hurt the NBA's ability to present itself as head-and-shoulders above the rest of the globe.

Miserio
10-15-2011, 04:25 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/rs/27110/e9c4455d-a317-4f4c-9f70-108d736bae98/e0a/filename/anthony-parker-mvp-final-four-2004-tel-aviv.jpg

KokeAyne
10-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Meanwhile, consider soccer's English Premiership, which includes some of the most valuable global sports franchises like Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool. Strictly because that league, and those teams, are seen as the best in the world, they are well-positioned to become not just England's favorite teams, but the world's favorite teams. They don't just play London, they play New York and Tokyo, too -- and when they get there they find fans wearing their players' jerseys and chanting their team chants.

This is not a good comparison.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 04:38 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/rs/27110/e9c4455d-a317-4f4c-9f70-108d736bae98/e0a/filename/anthony-parker-mvp-final-four-2004-tel-aviv.jpg

http://www.nba-lover.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Derrick-Rose-MVP.jpg

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

Miserio
10-15-2011, 04:43 AM

He's 1 million times better than 2 times MVP Anthony Parker that's for sure.

Hondo
10-15-2011, 04:43 AM

I agree with you on that one. There's no way Steve Francis II deserved MVP. It belonged to Wade, James, Howard or Durant.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 04:46 AM
I agree with you on that one. There's no way Steve Francis II deserved MVP. It belonged to Wade, James, Howard or Durant.
62 wins says you're off point.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 04:47 AM
He's 1 million times better than 2 times MVP Anthony Parker that's for sure.

He was absolutely awful throughout the entire NBA playoffs. If he is the MVP of the NBA, then the NBA is a joke.

Go Getter
He was absolutely awful throughout the entire NBA playoffs. If he is the MVP of the NBA, then the NBA is a joke.

Too bad the MVP is a regular season award you moron:facepalm

Euroleague

Yeah, he has to be the worst MVP in history.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 04:48 AM
I have to be the worst ISH poster in history.

agreed.

Miserio
10-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Your post didn't have anything to do with what I post. I said he's 1 million times better than 2 TIMES MVP ANTHONY PARKER. What can you say about that?

chains5000
10-15-2011, 04:50 AM
I wouldn't have given the award to Rose, but it's not like he was the worst choice.
The playoffs don't matter.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Too bad the MVP is a regular season award you moron:facepalm

You mean like how people here call Sabonis Euroleague MVP, even though the actual season MVP award did not even exist then.......

Whatever.

You mean like how people already tried to derail this thread with Parker.....winning an award that the fans vote online for and that the voters of the media have to pick based on TEAM play and not individual play?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

chains5000
10-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Your post didn't have anything to do with what I post. I said he's 1 million times better than 2 TIMES MVP ANTHONY PARKER. What can you say about that?
It could be said Parker's game is better suited for FIBA ball, where Rose could have problems considering his weak shot.
Of course, nobody can prove this, so why bother?

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 04:52 AM

I can say that Rose would probably get cut within 2 weeks from any top level Euroleague club.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 04:53 AM
I can say that Rose would probably get cut within 2 weeks from any top level Euroleague club.
That's a bit too much...

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 04:54 AM
It could be said Parker's game is better suited for FIBA ball, where Rose could have problems considering his weak shot.
Of course, nobody can prove this, so why bother?

Because he is a troll. That's why. He is trying to derail this thread by trolling with things like pics of Parker, and things that have literally nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Which is NBA players being extremely overrated and no better than the ones in Europe, per ESPN and American Coach Thorpe.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 04:56 AM
That's a bit too much...

So name me which big Euroleague club would tolerate a ball hogging, no defense playing, chuck happy, extremely turnover prone, shoot first "point guard" that cannot shoot, cannot properly run the pick and roll, and that cannot pass............

Which coach of a top Euroleague club would be up for this as their lead guard?

Ivkovic?

Pascual?

Obradovic?

Ivanovic?

I am interested to know.

SunsCaptain
10-15-2011, 05:00 AM
DeJuan Blair should have got MVP.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:00 AM
So name me which big Euroleague club would tolerate a ball hogging, no defense playing, chuck happy, extremely turnover prone, shoot first "point guard" that cannot shoot, cannot properly run the pick and roll, and that cannot pass............

Which coach of a top Euroleague club would be up for this as their lead guard?

Pascual?

Obradovic?

Ivanovic?

I am interested to know.
Laso plays these two at PG.:facepalm
http://www.baloncestolibelulas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Llull_ha_renovado_Real_Madrid.jpg
http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20101121csrcsrdep_6/XLCO/Ies/jugador-Real-Madrid-Sergio-Rodriguez-d-pierde-balon-jugador-Blancos-Rueda-Valladolid-Federico-Van-Lacke.jpg

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Don't get me wrong, Llull is a good player, but as a PG? A piece of crap

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:04 AM
Laso plays these two at PG.:facepalm
http://www.baloncestolibelulas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Llull_ha_renovado_Real_Madrid.jpg
http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20101121csrcsrdep_6/XLCO/Ies/jugador-Real-Madrid-Sergio-Rodriguez-d-pierde-balon-jugador-Blancos-Rueda-Valladolid-Federico-Van-Lacke.jpg

Point taken.........although at least Llull can shoot.

So Rose could play in Real. Probably right about that one. I don't see any other big club tolerating him though.

SunsCaptain
10-15-2011, 05:06 AM
I guess here is DeJuan's Stats...

16/7/1 on 62% FG

Not bad. only plays 20 minutes a game too

http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=Russia&Team=1756&Page=3

Guess Euroleague is easier if he can do so much better.

Miserio
10-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Because he is a troll. That's why. He is trying to derail this thread by trolling with things like pics of Parker, and things that have literally nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Which is NBA players being extremely overrated and no better than the ones in Europe, per ESPN and American Coach Thorpe.
No I'm not. The image proves that if a scrub like Anthony Parker is a 2 time MVP in europe that means the NBA is still the best league in the world by far. BY FAR. The Blair thing is just a particular case.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:08 AM

16/7/1 on 62% FG

Those were not Euroleague games. Is it that hard to understand how European competitions work?

SCdac
10-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Eh. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs FO - under the table - actually encouraged or were ok with Blair playing overseas. They're a very international organization... he's got some weight issues and some competitive basketball might not hurt a player of his body type. could be wrong of course. maybe blair is on such a small NBA contract (and compared to 90% of the league, it is tiny), he's desperate for cash.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:12 AM

16/7/1 on 62% FG

He didn't play in Euroleague.

These are his game logs:

FIBA EuroChallenge (two levels below Euroleague):

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.playerID_95586.compID_B Yg5Rb55Jw-G5I3MZ6JB01.season_2012.roundID_8643.teamID_3123.h tml

Russian League (mid-level European national domestic league):

http://www.pbleague.ru/en/players/352

Once again, he did NOT play in Euroleague. And his game logs are not exactly setting the world on fire, considering the level of competition.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:12 AM
You mean like how people here call Sabonis Euroleague MVP, even though the actual season MVP award did not even exist then.......

Whatever.

You mean like how people already tried to derail this thread with Parker.....winning an award that the fans vote online for and that the voters of the media have to pick based on TEAM play and not individual play?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

No one is talking about anyone else. This is a convo between you and me.

Stop trying to bring other unsupported views into the equation.

Voting for an MVP based off of team play (solely) is dumb as rocks).

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:13 AM
Those were not Euroleague games. Is it that hard to understand how European competitions work?

For the vast majority of American NBA only fans, yes. They still keep saying Deron Williams plays in Euroleague. If a guy plays in Swedish League, they call it "Euroleague". They simply refuse to acknowledge that there is only one Euroleague, and instead count all European leagues as "the Euroleague".

Even after you explain it to them about 100 times.
I guess it is because of how US sports leagues work, they just assume that there is one single closed league in all of Europe and that every single player in Europe......plays in "Euroleague".

It's pathetic I know, but that's obviously how the vast majority of American NBA only fans view European basketball. Everything, even a domestic game in Austria, or a second division game in Belgium, is "Euroleague".

SunsCaptain
10-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Well you do understand you are talking about DeJuan Blair right? The best player in the NBA?

:sleeping

L8kersfan222
10-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Every fvckin thread

Euroleague : "(NBA player here) sucks the Euroleague is the best!"
Random Poster : "He put up good numbers in a game."
Euroleague : ":mad: :mad: HE DIDN'T PLAY IN THE EUROLEAGUE :mad: :mad: ANTHONY PARKER IS NOT OUR 2xMVP :mad: :mad: "

:facepalm

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:17 AM
You say tolerating him as if he is a piece of shit. Note: He was the starting PG for a team that beat the field at the WC.

-He plays on a team where is is the only reliable offensive threat.
-The Bulls haven't had a good offense since Phil Jackson left.
-Thibs is not an offensive strategist--our offense is a work in progress
-We had 7 new players last year
-Rose is still learning the game, yet we ask him to score, score, score....he doesn't chuck.

But you can't see this because you're too blind to even recognize top tier talent when you see it.

D-Rose would be the best PG in Europe hands down.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:19 AM
No one is talking about anyone else. This is a convo between you and me.

Stop trying to bring other unsupported views into the equation.

Voting for an MVP based off of team play (solely) is dumb as rocks).

It is not based solely off team play. Euroleague MVP candidates are picked by fan ballot in arenas. Then the candidates that are picked get voted for online by fans. Anyone in the world can vote, once a day.

Then 25% of that online fan vote is added to 75% of the media vote. The media has to follow certain rules.

1. Only candidates the fans picked can be voted for.

2. Only players from top 4 teams (like think conf. finals in NBA) can be voted for.

3. Team play must be taken as the criteria, instead of individual play.

So it is actually, team success, fans, and team play that is the criteria. But this just makes it all the more retarded that so many idiots here keep acting like Euroleague MVP is the same thing as NBA MVP. It is a totally different criteria and award.

So people posting pics of Parker trying to derail threads are just trolls and have no point and are not even logical.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Every fvckin thread

Euroleague : "(NBA player here) sucks the Euroleague is the best!"
Random Poster : "He put up good numbers in a game."
Euroleague : ":mad: :mad: HE DIDN'T PLAY IN THE EUROLEAGUE :mad: :mad: ANTHONY PARKER IS NOT OUR 2xMVP :mad: :mad: "

I never said that.

Miserio
10-15-2011, 05:20 AM
For the vast majority of American NBA only fans, yes. They still keep saying Deron Williams plays in Euroleague. If a guy plays in Swedish League, they call it "Euroleague". They simply refuse to acknowledge that there is only one Euroleague, and instead count all European leagues as "the Euroleague".

Even after you explain it to them about 100 times.
I guess it is because of how US sports leagues work, they just assume that there is one single closed league in all of Europe and that every single player in Europe......plays in "Euroleague".

It's pathetic I know, but that's obviously how the vast majority of American NBA only fans view European basketball. Everything, even a domestic game in Austria, or a second division game in Belgium is "Euroleague".
American people don't need to know about inferior leagues. It's ridiculous. It's like having Messi next to you and you still want to meet Puyol.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:21 AM
You say tolerating him as if he is a piece of shit. Note: He was the starting PG for a team that beat the field at the WC.

-He plays on a team where is is the only reliable offensive threat.
-The Bulls haven't had a good offense since Phil Jackson left.
-Thibs is not an offensive strategist--our offense is a work in progress
-We had 7 new players last year
-Rose is still learning the game, yet we ask him to score, score, score....he doesn't chuck.

But you can't see this because you're too blind to even recognize top tier talent when you see it.

He would be an epic disaster in Euroleague. So would guys like Russell Westbrook and Tyreke Evans. FYI, you claimed that Ty Lawson would be "the best point guard in Europe" and already fans of his team want him off the team.

In other words, you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Miserio
10-15-2011, 05:22 AM
He would be an epic disaster in Euroleague. So would guys like Russell Westbrook and Tyreke Evans. FYI, you claimed that Ty Lawson would be "the best point guard in Europe" and already fans of his team want him off the team.

Your argument is always the same "Some fans don't want him" "I heard it somewhere" "a friend told me" You never present FACTUAL information, it's all based on... your delusional mind.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:22 AM
He would be an epic disaster in Euroleague. So would guys like Russell Westbrook. FYI, you claimed that Ty Lawson would be "the best point guard in Europe" and already fans of his team want him off the team.

So just because fans of his team want him off means that he is doing poorly or can't preform well?

It takes some time to go from one league to another, especially for smaller guys with lots of responsibility.

You discredit players by insinuating they cannot adjust and adapt.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:23 AM
No I'm not. The image proves that if a scrub like Anthony Parker is a 2 time MVP in europe that means the NBA is still the best league in the world by far. BY FAR. The Blair thing is just a particular case.

You are a troll. Euroleague MVP is in no way related to NBA MVP. You falsely claim it is, which makes you a troll. Besides that, there are numerous other ridiculous things about your BS claim.

Blair is not one case. Deron Williams played like crap in his only official games. Besides that, several NBA starters/6th men from NBA playoff teams have gone to Euroleague in recent years and been average, or actually bad players.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:24 AM
It is not based solely off team play. Euroleague MVP candidates are picked by fan ballot in arenas. Then the candidates that are picked get voted for online by fans. Anyone in the world can vote, once a day.

Then 25% of that online fan vote is added to 75% of the media vote. The media has to follow certain rules.

1. Only candidates the fans picked can be voted for.

2. Only players from top 4 teams (like think conf. finals in NBA) can be voted for.

3. Team play must be taken as the criteria, instead of individual play.

So it is actually, team success, fans, and team play that is the criteria. But this just makes it all the more retarded that so many idiots here keep acting like Euroleague MVP is the same thing as NBA MVP. It is a totally different criteria and award.

So people posting pics of Parker trying to derail threads are just trolls and have no point and are not even logical.

Point that finger at yourself as well then. The MVP is based off of TEAM success as well....no MVP comes from a losing team.

Rose helped the Bulls...no, carried the Bulls at times to the best record in the NBA.

Wins>>>>>>Stats

All day...and that's in America, Europe, Uganda, Mexico, wherever.

Miserio
10-15-2011, 05:24 AM
You are a troll. Euroelague MVP is in no way related to NBA MVP. You falsely claim it is, which makes you a troll. Besides that, there are numerous other ridiculous things about your BS claim.
Michael Jordan at 48 years old would dominate in europe.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:26 AM
You are a troll. Euroelague MVP is in no way related to NBA MVP. You falsely claim it is, which makes you a troll. Besides that, there are numerous other ridiculous things about your BS claim.

Blair is not one case. Deron Williams played like crap in his only official games. Besides that, several NBA starters/6th men from NBA playoff teams have gone to Euroleague in recent years and been average, or actually bad players.

So not ONE NBA player that has gone overseas has done well?

Does that have something to do with the fact that NBA stars don't go to Euroleague in their primes while their European/foreign counterparts come to the NBA in their prime?

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:26 AM
American people don't need to know about inferior leagues. It's ridiculous. It's like having Messi next to you and you still want to meet Puyol.
You like being an ignorant? great for you

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:28 AM

Being uninterested=being ignorant when it comes to foreign basketball?

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:29 AM
I'm not so sure about that.
I'm not saying he'd suck (don't think so), but I'd like to see how his game translates to the FIBA rules before giving him the "best PG" label. They were saying the same about Deron Williams and he's still adjusting.

Miserio
10-15-2011, 05:29 AM
I'm argentinian and I know a lot about Fiba basketball. My point is, the NBA is CLEARLY better so, you can't blame american people for not being interested in the euroleague. They aren't obligated to know about every league and they already have the best players in the world.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Posting about things he doesn't understand while making no effort to get the facts right is really stupid.

Euroleague

American NBA only fans don't seem to know anything about basketball, nor sports in general.

chains5000
I'm argentinian and I know a lot about Fiba basketball. My point is, the NBA is CLEARLY better so, you can't blame american people for not being interested in the euroleague. They aren't obligated to know about every league and they already have the best players in the world.
Is it that hard to get that Euroleague is just one league the best teams play, not a domestic one? Seems easy to me.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm not saying he'd suck (don't think so), but I'd like to see how his game translates to the FIBA rules before giving him the "best PG" label. They were saying the same about Deron Williams and he's still adjusting.

I honestly believe these guys are playing to stay in shape and not giving 100% for fear of injury.

Add that to the language barrier, time adjustments, etc, etc it could take a season or so to get into the groove.

Of course I was using hyperbole to counteract Lakas'...who knows where Rose would rank...my real point is he'd be far from a buster.

Miserio
10-15-2011, 05:31 AM
American NBA only fans don't seem to know anything about basketball, nor sports in general.
So what? Is so important in life to know about sports? Don't we watch basketball because we enjoy it and that's it? You have problems if you are this mad because "American NBA only fans don't know anything about basketball" it's their problem, not yours.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Your argument is always the same "Some fans don't want him" "I heard it somewhere" "a friend told me" You never present FACTUAL information, it's all based on... your delusional mind.

You mean like the delusion of people like you?

"Deron Williams will be the best point guard in Europe".

"Ty Lawson will be the best point guard in Europe".

You are 0 for 2, and yet, you keep up with the BS of "Derrick Rose would be the best point guard in Europe".

I'm sorry, but you know nothing about basketball, at all.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Of course I was using hyperbole to counteract Lakas'...who knows where Rose would rank...my real point is he'd be far from a buster.
This is the problem here lately.

Go Getter
Posting about things he doesn't understand while making no effort to get the facts right is really stupid.
Trying to get facts from Lakas is stupid as well.

I've asked him tens of venerable questions about Euroleague and have stated multiple times that I actually like Euro style of play (passing, not too guard oriented, all 5 players having tools/less specialists, less emphasis on star players) more than the NBA and I respect the league but he continues on his tirade.

:confusedshrug:

Miserio
You mean like the delusion of people like you?

"Deron Williams will be the best point guard in Europe".

"Ty Lawson will be the best point guard in Europe".

You are 0 for 2, and yet, you keep up with the BS of "Derrick Rose would be the best point guard in Europe".

I'm sorry, but you know nothing about basketball, at all.
Oh right. You got me, I know nothing about basketball and you keep saying that Rose would be a disaster in europe when way worse players have succeeded :lol

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:34 AM
This is the problem here lately.
It's not a problem when the statement is not THAT outrageous and the person who stated the aforementioned comment is willing to clarify respectfully.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:36 AM
So just because fans of his team want him off means that he is doing poorly or can't preform well?

It takes some time to go from one league to another, especially for smaller guys with lots of responsibility.

You discredit players by insinuating they cannot adjust and adapt.

Euroleague player doing badly in NBA = "Euro scrub that sucks and is not good enough to hack it in the big boy league".

NBA player doing badly in Euroleague = "He's just not trying. He's just being lazy. Why would he care? Oh yeah, and of course it's the different rules. How could he be expected to do well?"

Of course, this is 2 weeks after when the same player when he signed in Europe was supposedly this, from NBA only fans -> "Automatic GOAT in Europe. He will drop 50 a game on those Euro scrubs".

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:36 AM
It's not a problem when the statement is not THAT outrageous and the person who stated the aforementioned comment is willing to clarify respectfully.
I meant the "Lakas says something way too extreme, some other poster answer with a similar post" thing.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Euroleague player doing badly in NBA = "Euro scrub that sucks and is not good enough to hack it in the big boy league".

NBA player doing badly in Euroleague = "He's just not trying. He's just being lazy. Why would he care? Oh yeah, and of course it's the different rules. How could he be expected to do well?"

Of course, this is 2 weeks after when the same player when he signed in Europe was supposedly this, from NBA only fans -> "Automatic GOAT in Europe. He will drop 50 a game on those Euro scrubs".

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

I get you...but the way you post incites other posters to type mess along with you. I've never said that all Euros were scrubs or that Euroleague is a scrub league. I played ball at a high level with D-1 and NBA talent and I can say without a doubt that Europe has top notch ballers.

I feel that the gap is in between our stars and Euro stars. America concentrates so much on the individual to our credit and hindrance.

The development of stars has created an awesome/wealthy league but it has also degraded the game some.

Did I expect D Will to do better? Yes.
Can he? Of course.
Is is startling that upon being challenged by Euro talent that wants a piece of him that he came to Greece out of shape and underestimating his peers? I think not.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:43 AM
Point that finger at yourself as well then. The MVP is based off of TEAM success as well....no MVP comes from a losing team.

Rose helped the Bulls...no, carried the Bulls at times to the best record in the NBA.

Wins>>>>>>Stats

All day...and that's in America, Europe, Uganda, Mexico, wherever.

Do you have any logic at all?

The NBA regular season has no physical play, no defense, and zero intensity. NBA "stars" get help from the refs. Also, the rules are designed to help players like Rose.

Your coach is a one trick pony and is easily an overrated moron. All he does is have his team play hard, play with energy, and play defense during the regular season, where there is hardly any other team playing defense during the year.

He uses the crooked refs and slanted rules to allow Rose to get free trips to the free throw line all game long, as his "offense".

In the playoffs, even with those slanted rules (no hand check, no true zone, defensive 3 seconds violation) and refs that will give "star treatment" to Rose and award him free throws he does not deserve.....

even with that, your coach has no offense and now most of the teams are playing defense somewhat and playing hard somewhat.....your hustle advantage is gone.

Derrick Rose, even playing against no true zone defense, in a league with refs that baby him, and playing where there is no hand check allowed, AND you cannot stay in the lane for more than 2.9 seconds.........

even with ref help, could not do anything in the playoffs. Even though the NBA also does not allow a true zone defense, as you have to stay within an arm's length of the offensive player when you are on defense.

With all of this, just having to make perhaps 3 plays in an entire game based on his skill, for his team to win games, he could NOT do it.

He would be utterly awful in Euroleague.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Michael Jordan at 48 years old would dominate in europe.

Yep. I am sure he could "dominate" in the second division of Switzerland.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:45 AM
So not ONE NBA player that has gone overseas has done well?

Does that have something to do with the fact that NBA stars don't go to Euroleague in their primes while their European/foreign counterparts come to the NBA in their prime?

Oh yeah, Parker and Nowitzki sure came to the NBA "in their prime".

:rolleyes:

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:47 AM

No. But not knowing anything about it and then making stupid and ridiculous claims about something you know nothing about is being both ignorant and arrogant.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Do you have any logic at all?

The NBA regular season has no physical play, no defense, and zero intensity. NBA "stars" get help from the refs. Also, the rules are designed to help players like Rose.

Your coach is a one trick pony and is easily an overrated moron. All he does is have his team play hard, play with energy, and play defense during the regular season, where there is hardly any other team playing defense during the year.

He uses the crooked refs and slanted rules to allow Rose to get free trips to the free throw line all game long, as his "offense".

In the playoffs, even with those slanted rules (no hand check, no true zone, defensive 3 seconds violation) and refs that will give "star treatment" to Rose and award him free throws he does not deserve.....

even with that, your coach has no offense and now most of the teams are playing defense somewhat and playing hard somewhat.....your hustle advantage is gone.

Derrick Rose, even playing against no true zone defense, in a league with refs that baby him, and playing where there is no hand check allowed, AND you cannot stay in the lane for more than 2.9 seconds.........

even with ref help, could not do anything in the playoffs. Even though the NBA also does not allow a true zone defense, as you have to stay within an arm's length of the offensive player when you are on defense.

With all of this, just having to make perhaps 3 plays in an entire game based on his skill, for his team to win games, he could NOT do it.

He would be utterly awful in Euroleague.

1.) The NBA is physical and they play some d....evidenced by Team USA locking the best of Europe DOWN in the WC. Led the tourney in assists and steals.

2.) The Bulls offense IS stale, unimaginative, often unorganized, and sloppy (sometimes)...it happens when you have a new coach and 7 new players.

3.) Rose had a bad playoff series. No excuses. He did. But the things you're saying are crazy.

4.) Rose had little trouble playing in FIBA....a couple of off games but a few good ones as well.

5.) His FIBA numbers are okay. He did well against the Spanish zone you touted so much. He was the starting PG of the WC team. If you think the NBA and FIBA cheats for us then why even watch/waste your time on something invalid?

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:48 AM
No. But not knowing anything about it and then making stupid and ridiculous claims about something you know nothing about is being both ignorant and arrogant.
chains just said that dog fall back.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Oh yeah, Parker and Nowitzki sure came to the NBA "in their prime".

Parker and Nowitski came into the NBA BEFORE their primes and they were given a chance to grow and flourish in the NBA--something you say never happens because we are racists.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:50 AM

They also claimed Ty Lawson would be "the best PG in Europe".

Actually, they claimed Williams and Lawson would be "the GOAT in history of Europe".

They said the same exact things about Williams, that they are saying now about Rose. Even said the same about Lawson. Williams would "average 50-80 points a game in Euroleague with 20-40 assists a game", etc.

Well, he got so far 11/8 in the league that is two tiers below Euroleague. "Automatic GOAT in the history of Europe".

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:51 AM
You can't just assume he'd get the same numbers as in the WC.
Playing for an Euroleague team, he wouldn't have the same teammates, which could be good or bad, obviously (for his stats).

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:52 AM

Actually, they claimed Williams and Lawson would be "the GOAT in history of Europe".

They said the same exact things about Williams, that they are saying now about Rose. Even said the same about Lawson. Williams would "average 50-80 points a game in Euroleague with 20-40 assists a game", etc.

Well, he got so far 11/8 in the league that is two tiers below Euroleague. "Automatic GOAT in the history of Europe".

Okay so are you going to stay butt hurt over the outrageous comments of a few people or can you be a man and get over it and take part in this discussion?

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:52 AM

You obviously don't know a damn thing about European basketball. Yet, you act like you are an expert on it.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Playing for an Euroleague team, he wouldn't have the same teammates, which could be good or bad, obviously (for his stats).

I'm only drawing upon his only FIBA experience. He did okay...struggled at times, and during other stretches looked pretty good.

It's hard playing PG on a team full of strangers with big egos.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:54 AM
Parker and Nowitski came into the NBA BEFORE their primes and they were given a chance to grow and flourish in the NBA--something you say never happens because we are racists.
It's all about the situation.
For example, Kwame Brown would have become a better player if he had not been in the Wizards (I do believe this).

chains5000

You gotta learn to identify troll posts, you know,

Euroleague
I honestly believe these guys are playing to stay in shape and not giving 100% for fear of injury.

Add that to the language barrier, time adjustments, etc, etc it could take a season or so to get into the groove.

The only league in Europe that does not use English as a primary language is the Spanish League. Every other league is operated in ENGLISH. Besides that, the Spanish League has translators for Americans that need them.

So, if this is true, then EVERY European player that "played bad in NBA" did so because they were merely trying to avoid injury and were merely in USA as a holiday.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm only drawing upon his only FIBA experience. He did okay...struggled at times, and during other stretches looked pretty good.

It's hard playing PG on a team full of strangers with big egos.
Having Durant on the team really helps, though.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 05:56 AM
The only league in Europe that does not use English as a primary language is the Spanish League. Every other league is operated in ENGLISH. Besides that, the Spanish League has translators for Americans that need them.

So, if this is true, then EVERY European player that 'played bad in NBA" did so because they were merely trying to avoid injury and were merely in USA as a holiday.
In fact, some coaches (maybe all of them) speak English during timeouts.
You can hear it during televised games.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:57 AM

So, if this is true, then EVERY European player that 'played bad in NBA" did so because they were merely trying to avoid injury and were merely in USA as a holiday.

I'm talking about the adjustment from being able to understand all your teammates, fans, and stadium workers to not being able to as well. I'm not making that an excuse, I'm saying that SOME players might need more time to adjust considering all the factors I listed.

I also stated (in so many words) that D Will might be getting his ass handed to him because he's out of shape and under estimating his comp.

SunsCaptain
Olympics:

1936: U.S.

1948: U.S.

1952: U.S.

1956: U.S.

1960: U.S.

1964: U.S.

1968: U.S.

1972: Soviet Union

1976: U.S.

1980: Yugoslavia

1984: U.S.

1988: Soviet Union

1992: U.S.

1996: U.S.

2000: U.S.

2004: Argentina

2008: U.S.

U.S. wins in 2012 =)

I think its pretty undisputed who is the best.

There is talent all over the world. Bad players in the nba...good players in the nba. Bad players overseas, good players overseas. But the NBA has the most talent by far.

Just the facts.

Basically look at it like you are holding tryouts for your school basketball team.

School A has 500 kids. School B has 1500 kids.

School A has 20 kids come to tryouts. School B has a couple Days of tryouts and over 100 kids to pick from.

The NBA has better players coming into the league. The talent will be much higher. And they will have less bad players.

This is like somebody trying to say that canadian football is better than the NFL...

:roll:

Go Getter
Having Durant on the team really helps, though.

Having a team full of players that know each other and have played together for years helps as well (esp as a PG).

Euroleague
Trying to get facts from Lakas is stupid as well.

I've asked him tens of venerable questions about Euroleague and have stated multiple times that I actually like Euro style of play (passing, not too guard oriented, all 5 players having tools/less specialists, less emphasis on star players) more than the NBA and I respect the league but he continues on his tirade.

You are trolling bud. Saying Rose would be the best PG in Europe is trolling. There is nothing in his skills and game that would work in Euroleague. He would be a great athlete and good in the open court. That's it.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Oh right. You got me, I know nothing about basketball and you keep saying that Rose would be a disaster in europe when way worse players have succeeded :lol

Like I said, you clearly know nothing about basketball.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 05:59 AM
You are trolling bud. Saying Rose would be the best PG in Europe is trolling. There is nothing in his skills and game that would work in Euroleague. He would be a great athlete and good in the open court. That's it.

1.) I just saw Bo McCalebb take Barcelona off the dribble a lot in some highlights--Rose couldn't do that?

2.) Rose can't run an offense?

3.) Rose can't drive and dish?

You are trolling bud, but keep on...it's what you do best.

Remember, you said Team USA would NOT win gold and they did.

You CAN be wrong sometimes.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Having a team full of players that know each other and have played together for years helps as well (esp as a PG).
:oldlol: Yeah, I agree, just giving Durant some props.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:00 AM
I meant the "Lakas says something way too extreme, some other poster answer with a similar post" thing.

So let me get this straight..........

These guys say things like, "Deron Williams will be the automatic GOAT in Europe".

"Ty Lawson will be the best point guard in Europe."

"Derrick Rose would be the best point guard in Europe, hands down".

And you think I am the problem here? Thanks a lot.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:01 AM
:oldlol: Yeah, I agree, just giving Durant some props.
He beasted, no doubt.

Too bad Euroleague won't give him and Team USA props for what they did.

When we win gold in the summer he'll be filled with more excuses.

chains5000
10-15-2011, 06:01 AM

These guys say things like, "Deron Williams will be the automatic GOAT in Europe".

I just say you need to calm down and ignore troll posts.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:02 AM

You said he would be utter garbage and wouldn't last two weeks and I combated your ignorant and unfounded point with one of my own.

But now you mad:facepalm

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:04 AM
I get you...but the way you post incites other posters to type mess along with you. I've never said that all Euros were scrubs or that Euroleague is a scrub league. I played ball at a high level with D-1 and NBA talent and I can say without a doubt that Europe has top notch ballers.

I feel that the gap is in between our stars and Euro stars. America concentrates so much on the individual to our credit and hindrance.

The development of stars has created an awesome/wealthy league but it has also degraded the game some.

Did I expect D Will to do better? Yes.
Can he? Of course.
Is is startling that upon being challenged by Euro talent that wants a piece of him that he came to Greece out of shape and underestimating his peers? I think not.

And who are these top NBA players that are better than any Euroleague player? Derrick Rose sure the hell is not one of them. In addition to that, his game is not suited for Euroleague. His game is not even suited for NBA of the 80s-90s.

I understand if you are a Bulls fan that you like Rose. And I don't think Rose is bad player, if he played within his limits. But to suggest that he would be "the best point guard in Europe hands down" is just ridiculous.

I don't think he would be even remotely near that. I am just being realistic and objective in that assessment. You, on the other hand, are not.

Jan95
10-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Olympics:

U.S. wins in 2012 =)

There is talent all over the world. Bad players in the nba...good players in the nba. Bad players overseas, good players overseas. But the NBA has the most talent by far.

Just the facts.

Basically look at it like you are holding tryouts for your school basketball team.

School A has 20 kids come to tryouts. School B has a couple Days of tryouts and over 100 kids to pick from.

The NBA has better players coming into the league. The talent will be much higher. And they will have less bad players.

This is like somebody trying to say that canadian football is better than the NFL...

Sorry, but Olympics have always been irrelevant... you have to look at World Championship...
Winners:
Yugoslavia - 5 times
U.S. 4 times
Soviet Union - 3 times
Brazil 2 times
Spain 1 time
Argentina 1 time

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:14 AM
And who are these top NBA players that are better than any Euroleague player? Derrick Rose sure the hell is not one of them. In addition to that, his game is not suited for Euroleague. His game is not even suited for NBA of the 80s-90s.

I understand if you are a Bulls fan that you like Rose. And I don't think Rose is bad player, if he played within his limits. But to suggest that he would be "the best point guard in Europe hands down" is just ridiculous.

I don't think he would be even remotely near that. I am just being realistic and objective in that assessment. You, on the other hand, are not.

Yeah because you have given concrete facts to support your claims.

Rose led a team of taped and glued together parts with no real big men (relatively speaking) to a WC title over much more experienced and cohesive teams when you said he could not.

Rose is tons better than Bo McCalebb who has seen some Euro success.

1. LBJ
2. D Wade
3. Kobe

are better than any Euros you could pit against them.

agree or no.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:14 AM
Sorry, but Olympics have always been irrelevant... you have to look at World Championship...
Winners:
Yugoslavia - 5 times
U.S. 4 times
Soviet Union - 3 times
Brazil 2 times
Spain 1 time
Argentina 1 time

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:15 AM
1.) The NBA is physical and they play some d....evidenced by Team USA locking the best of Europe DOWN in the WC. Led the tourney in assists and steals.

2.) The Bulls offense IS stale, unimaginative, often unorganized, and sloppy (sometimes)...it happens when you have a new coach and 7 new players.

3.) Rose had a bad playoff series. No excuses. He did. But the things you're saying are crazy.

4.) Rose had little trouble playing in FIBA....a couple of off games but a few good ones as well.

5.) His FIBA numbers are okay. He did well against the Spanish zone you touted so much. He was the starting PG of the WC team. If you think the NBA and FIBA cheats for us then why even watch/waste your time on something invalid?

The NBA is the biggest sissy pansy candy ass league of all known or relevant pro basketball leagues.

This myth about the Olympics and WC and Team USA is complete nonsense. I will explain it again. Team USA is reffed as the way the NBA plays and are given special treatment. Also, the physical play is NOT allowed against them.

In European club basketball the special treatment for American players does not exist. Also, the level of physical play allowed is a lot higher. It's not even similar at all. Not even close.

Deron Williams himself, told the media the games in Europe are much different than the Olympics and way more physical and that there is no comparison. Are saying Williams is a liar?

You need to come to accept reality. Team USA is helped by the refs in every single game they played since they lost that game to Greece. It is nothing based in reality at all. FIBA and the Olympics are today exactly like the NBA as long as Team USA is playing. It's completely rigged and manufactured.

European club basketball is generally not. Team USA has not played against any physicality in 5 years, because the refs will not allow it.

Honestly, the Euroleague is a good 2-3 times more physical even than EuroBasket is. Euroleague, in reality, is probably even a little bit too physical. It's basically like the Heat-Knicks playoff games of the 90s on steroids, plus a true zone defense. It's even a bit overboard to be truthful.

Team USA has never seen anything near that physical because it is never allowed for any team to play even half that physical against them.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:18 AM

FYI, Derrick Rose averaged 7/3 at the 2010 FIBA World Championship:

http://www.turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/player/p/eid/4728/pid/61798/rid//sid/4728/tid/379/profile.html

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:21 AM
You gotta learn to identify troll posts, you know,

They were not trolling. They were being dead serious and it included several "well respected posters". That's the thing. They were NOT trolling. They actually believe this.

Go Getter
The NBA is the biggest sissy pansy candy ass league of all known or relevant pro basketball leagues.

This myth about the Olympics and WC and Team USA is complete nonsense. I will explain it again. Team USA is reffed as the way the NBA plays and are given special treatment. Also, the physical play is NOT allowed against them.

In European club basketball the special treatment for American players does not exist. Also, the level of physical play allowed is a lot higher. It's not even similar at all. Not even close.

Deron Williams himself, told the media the games in Europe are much different than the Olympics and way more physical and that there is no comparison. Are saying Williams is a liar?

You need to come to accept reality. Team USA is helped by the refs in every single game they played since they lost that game to Greece. It is nothing based in reality at all. FIBA and the Olympics are today exactly like the NBA as long as Team USA is playing. It's completely rigged and manufactured.

European club basketball is generally not. Team USA has not played against any physicality in 5 years, because the refs will not allow it.

Honestly, the Euroleague is a good 2-3 times more physical even than EuroBasket is. Euroleague, in reality, is probably even a little bit too physical. It's basically like the Heat-Knicks playoff games of the 90s on steroids, plus a true zone defense. It's even a bit overboard to be truthful.

Team USA has never seen anything near that physical because it is never allowed for any team to play even half that physical against them.

If the NBA is a pansy league and the all the games are rigged then why waste your time man?

If you KNEW that FIBA would cheat in favor of the NBA then why would you support such a travesty?

If I felt like you I wouldn't watch a minute of ball.

Do you know how jaded and biased you sound?

"Team USA hasn't been in a fair game since the last time they were beaten"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

chains5000
FYI, Derrick Rose averaged 7/3 at the 2010 FIBA World Championship:

http://www.turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/player/p/eid/4728/pid/61798/rid//sid/4728/tid/379/profile.html
As I posted, you can't just say he'd get the same numbers in a normal team (team not made of NBA players where shots should be shared more equally than in common one).

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:25 AM
In fact, some coaches (maybe all of them) speak English during timeouts.
You can hear it during televised games.

Exactly. I see this nonsense in every US sports site that "they can't play there because it is a different language"...........

The teams in Europe are operated in ENGLISH. The teams are full of players from all over. Of course they have to speak in English. I mean being a coach it's a basic requirement that you can speak in English.

It's really hard to believe these NBA only fans that claim they know all about Euroleague and follow it and watch games and all that, then keep claiming that Americans "face a language barrier". Because the teams in Europe train using the English language.

So why the hell would there be a language barrier? It makes no sense at all.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Exactly. I see this nonsense in every US sports site that "they can't play there because it is a different language"...........

The teams in Europe are operated in ENGLISH. The teams are full of players from all over. Of course they have to speak in English. I mean being a coach it's a basic requirement that you can speak in English.

It's really hard to believe these NBA only fans that claim they know all about Euroleague and follow it and watch games and all that, then keep claiming that Americans "face a language barrier". Because the teams in Europe train using the English language.

So why the hell would there be a language barrier? It makes no sense at all.
People from England and America both speak English but moving from here to there would still cause one to have to adjust.

1.) No one said language was the cause of poor play...it was added in with other factors.

2.) You just like arguing over bullshit--you live a sad life.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:27 AM
I'm talking about the adjustment from being able to understand all your teammates, fans, and stadium workers to not being able to as well. I'm not making that an excuse, I'm saying that SOME players might need more time to adjust considering all the factors I listed.

I also stated (in so many words) that D Will might be getting his ass handed to him because he's out of shape and under estimating his comp.

The players speak English. You see, this is just typical. People in USA just seem to have no concept of anything outside the USA.

The players SPEAK ENGLISH.

I can tell you that in the Greek basketball academies, for instance, that every single player has to be able to read and write English. You are just imagining things that are not true.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Olympics:

U.S. wins in 2012 =)

Just the facts.

The Olympics has literally nothing to do with the Euroleague.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:29 AM
The players speak English. You see, this is just typical. People in USA just seem to have no concept of anything outside the USA.

The players SPEAK ENGLISH.

I can tell you that in the Greek basketball academies, for instance, that every single player has to be able to read and write English. You are just imagining things that are not true.

When i went to Saudi the TCN crew chiefs could speak English--still doesn't mean that I understood what they were saying or that there wasn't a CULTURE barrier...

Do you even get what I'm saying?

No...you just take one arbitrary comment and use it as fuel for an insane tirade.

have at it man.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:30 AM
1.) I just saw Bo McCalebb take Barcelona off the dribble a lot in some highlights--Rose couldn't do that?

2.) Rose can't run an offense?

3.) Rose can't drive and dish?

You are trolling bud, but keep on...it's what you do best.

Remember, you said Team USA would NOT win gold and they did.

You CAN be wrong sometimes.

Like I said, you are trolling.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Like I said, you are trolling.
And you were wrong about the WC, you lied and ranted about how the NBA sucked and will lose against Spain's true zone, and when they didn't you made an excuse, tucked tail and left like a lil coward instead of taking your lumps.

Truth hurts.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:38 AM
He beasted, no doubt.

Too bad Euroleague won't give him and Team USA props for what they did.

When we win gold in the summer he'll be filled with more excuses.

FIBA World Championship and the Olympics are now rigged. They are no different than the NBA anymore. I won't even watch the Olympics basketball tournament next summer. It was a complete joke in 2008. The 2010 WC was the biggest disgrace I have ever seen in sports history.

I honestly don't care if USA wins every game by 100 points because it's just rigged. And I will not be surprised one bit if USA does not lose another game for 20-30 years. Because the games are so rigged.

Hell, the entire 2010 WC tournament was obviously predetermined. FIBA even got scared after the backlash, which was extreme because people were so angry.

At one time, these tournaments had meaning. They now have no meaning. It's just like watching WWE. It's not an actual sports competition.

I still like EuroBasket and Americas tournaments. They are still good and worth watching, but the other two have become completely unwatchable, rigged, scripted, fixed, hot garbage.

Hell, I hope USA wins every game by 50 points next summer. That way people will stop watching it and the Olympics will lose money and then maybe the tournament will be cancelled. Because it's become such a huge joke after 2008 anyway. It's just a black mark on basketball now.

And what a strange coincidence that this all started after David Stern got control over the FIBA council appointments......what a strange and bizarre coincidence that is.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:39 AM
You said he would be utter garbage and wouldn't last two weeks and I combated your ignorant and unfounded point with one of my own.

But now you mad:facepalm

I was wrong. I admitted that to chains. If you checked what I said you would have seen that. We discussed it and agreed that he could stay as the point guard in Real Madrid.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:41 AM
FIBA World Championship and the Olympics are now rigged. They are no different than the NBA anymore. I won't even watch the Olympics basketball tournament next summer. It was a complete joke in 2008. The 2010 WC was the biggest disgrace I have ever seen in sports history.

I honestly don't care if USA wins every game by 100 points because it's just rigged. And I will not be surprised one bit of USA does not lose another game for 20-30 years. Because the games are so rigged.

Hell, the entire 2010 WC tournament was obviously predetermined. FIBA even got scared after the backlash, which was extreme because people were so angry.

At one time, these tournaments had meaning. They now have no meaning. It's just like watching WWE. It's not an actual sports competition.

I still like EuroBasket and Americas tournaments. They are still good and worth watching, but the other two have become completely unwatchable, rigged, scripted, fixed, hot garbage.

Hell, I hope USA wins every game by 50 points next summer. That way people will stop watching it and the Olympics will lose money and then maybe the tournament will be cancelled. Because it's become such a huge joke after 2008 anyway. It's just a black mark on basketball now.

And what a strange coincidence that this all started after David Stern got control over the FIBA council appointments......what a strange and bizarre coincidence that is.
Yeah they started being rigged after the US lost. And not one game before that.

The NBA isn't more powerful than the NFL and you mean to tell me that David Stern has all of European basketball in his pocket?

Dawg you need meds. STRONG meds.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Hell, I hope USA wins every game by 50 points next summer. That way people will stop watching it and the Olympics will lose money and then maybe the tournament will be cancelled. Because it's become such a huge joke after 2008 anyway.

Good luck with that. The Dream Team had more viewers than a little bit and they blew everyone out.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Yeah because you have given concrete facts to support your claims.

Rose led a team of taped and glued together parts with no real big men (relatively speaking) to a WC title over much more experienced and cohesive teams when you said he could not.

Rose is tons better than Bo McCalebb who has seen some Euro success.

1. LBJ
2. D Wade
3. Kobe

are better than any Euros you could pit against them.

agree or no.

Rose is not better than McCalebb. In fact, I would take McCalebb over him easily.

LeBron? No. LeBron under NBA rules is debtable. But under Euroleague rules he would not even be near the best player there.

As far as Wade goes.....under NBA rules, he would be better than any Euroleague player. Under Euroleague rules though, I have my doubts. He struggled big time against the Mavs half zone, and that's with no hand check allowed and not being able to stay in the lane on D.

And looking at Dallas' roster, it would be really REALLY bad by Euroleague standards on defense. I would leave the jury out on Wade because maybe he just had a bad series.

LeBron on the other hand has consistently shown that he is simply incapable of playing against a zone defense and be some great player. He is just an above average player in that case.

Kobe................I'm not sure. First of all, Kobe did not play that great in 2008. Although he did hit the big shot against Spain, so he is unlike Wade and LeBron that can't close the deal against any good FIBA team.

However, that game was also rigged by the refs, who helped the US win. So what does it really matter?

I will say this. Kobe has all the skills and tools to have no problem in Euroleague at all. But he also has a tendency to really hog the ball big time and he also is not the same player he used to be. If it is the Kobe of last year?

If Kobe of last year is the new norm. If that is where he is now at, then NO. He would not be the best player in Euroleague. If it is old Kobe and he does not hog the ball, then yes, I will say he would be.

Last year's version of Kobe would not be the best player in Europe though.

And without any question, all of them would have much lower stats in Euroleague than they do in the NBA. MUCH LOWER.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:54 AM
If the NBA is a pansy league and the all the games are rigged then why waste your time man?

If you KNEW that FIBA would cheat in favor of the NBA then why would you support such a travesty?

If I felt like you I wouldn't watch a minute of ball.

Do you know how jaded and biased you sound?

"Team USA hasn't been in a fair game since the last time they were beaten"

Like I said, I won't be watching WC or the Olympics basketball anymore. I still like Americas and EuroBasket. The other two are just rigged now and not worth bothering with.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:54 AM
Rose is not better than McCalebb. In fact, I would take McCalebb over him easily.

LeBron? No. LeBron under NBA rules is debtable. But under Euroleague rules he would not even be near the best player there.

As far as Wade goes.....under NBA rules, he would be better than any Euroleague player. Under Euroleague rules though, I have my doubts. He struggled big time against the Mavs half zone, and that's with no hand check allowed and not being able to stay in the lane on D.

And looking at Dallas' roster, it would be really REALLY bad by Euroleague standards on defense. I would leave the jury out on Wade because maybe he just had a bad series.

LeBron on the other hand has consistently shown that he is simply incapable of playing against a zone defense and be some great player. He is just an above average player in that case.

Kobe................I'm not sure. First of all, Kobe did not play that great in 2008. Although he did hit the big shot against Spain, so he is unlike Wade and LeBron that can't close the deal against any good FIBA team.

However, that game was also rigged by the refs, who helped the US win. So what does it really matter?

I will say this. Kobe has all the skills and tools to have no problem in Euroleague at all. But he also has a tendency to really hog the ball big time and he also is not the same player he used to be. If it is the Kobe of last year?

If Kobe of last year is the new norm. If that is where he is now at, then NO. He would not be the best player in Euroleague. If it is old Kobe and he does not hog the ball, then yes, I will say he would be.

Last year's version of Kobe would not be the best player in Europe though.

And without any question, all of them would have much lower stats in Euroleague than they do in the NBA. MUCH LOWER.

Duh. The games are shorter.

Any of those players are better than Spanoulis and you know it...you just love the Euroleague--I get it.

Have a nice night man.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Like I said, I won't be watching WC or the Olympics basketball anymore. I still like Americas and EuroBasket. The other two are just rigged now and not worth bothering with.

I would have believed this if you weren't watching the WHOLE WC with us on ISh then decided to make this claim AFTER Spain lost.

:oldlol:

Pathetic.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 06:57 AM
As I posted, you can't just say he'd get the same numbers in a normal team (team not made of NBA players where shots should be shared more equally than in common one).

I know. But it was being claimed that he had good stats in 2010. He didn't. It was also claimed "he led them". No. That was Durant.

Besides that. The whole tournament was totally rigged and a joke. And USA would have never even beat Russia if the refs did not totally rig that game.

I agree with what you are saying. I'm just saying that citing Rose's play in 2010 summer as some way to prove he would beast in Euroleague is freaking nuts.

If anything, he hindered the US. And that was with the refs helping them in every game.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 07:00 AM
I would have believed this if you weren't watching the WHOLE WC with us on ISh then decided to make this claim AFTER Spain lost.

:oldlol:

Pathetic.

I don't give a damn what you think. Those last two world tournaments were rigged.

Now, EuroBasket has some rigged games (especially if Spain is playing) and the Olympics and WC have had some in the past also (including games where Team USA was helped by refs - semifinal 2000)

BUT, they were not completely into NBA territory of the tournament being pre-decided. Then, Stern took over who runs FIBA and magically, since then......

the last 2 tournaments were CLEARLY predetermined and the 2010 one was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in any sport ever.

No serious person of any kind would watch those tournaments again.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 07:03 AM
And you were wrong about the WC, you lied and ranted about how the NBA sucked and will lose against Spain's true zone, and when they didn't you made an excuse, tucked tail and left like a lil coward instead of taking your lumps.

Truth hurts.

The tournament was rigged. Everyone knows it. Even you.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Good luck with that. The Dream Team had more viewers than a little bit and they blew everyone out.

2008 Olympics basketball on men's side was extremely controversial in Europe and China. The last World Championship of FIBA for men was so controversial that FIBA officials were scared after the enormous backlash it caused.

Anyone that would even mention these tournaments is a joke. They were rigged without any question.

The only thing US has to worry about is if the back lash against FIBA was so strong that they know better than to try it again...at least for awhile.

The reaction to 2010 WC was so bad that they were very worried about the consequences of it. You never know. They just might not try to rig 2012 for fear of reprisal. If I were you, I would be worried about that.

It also probably explains why Stern is already floating the idea that NBA players would have to skip 2012 if the lockout persists. He might have gotten the memo that rigging it again would be going too far. Of course, that would immediately mean the US can't win gold, so best to just pull the NBA players from the tournament. Then go ahead and rig 2014.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 07:15 AM
2008 Olympics basketball on men's side was extremely controversial in Europe and China. The last World Championship of FIBA for men was so controversial that FIBA officials were scared after the enormous backlash it caused.

Anyone that would even mention these tournaments is a joke. They were rigged without any question.

The only thing US has to worry about is if the back lash against FIBA was so strong that they know better than to try it again...at least for awhile.

The reaction to 2010 WC was so bad that they were very worried about the consequences of it. You never know. They just might not try to rig 2012 for fear of reprisal. If I were you, I would be worried about that.

It is also probably explains why Stern is already floating the idea that NBA players would have to skip 2012 if the lock persists. He might have gotten the memo that rigging it again would be going too far. Of course, that would immediately mean the US can't win gold, so best to just pull the NBA players from the tournament. Then go ahead and rig 2014.
You've got it all figured out Lakas.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 07:16 AM
I don't give a dam what you think. Those last two world tournaments were rigged.

Now, EuroBasket has some rigged games (especially if Spain is playing) and the Olympics and WC have had some in the past also (including games where Team USA was helped by refs - semifinal 2000)

BUT, they were not completely into NBA territory of the tournament being pre-decided. Then, Stern took over who runs FIBA and magically, since then......

the last 2 tournaments were CLEARLY predetermined and the 2010 one was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in any sport ever.

No serious person of any kind would watch those tournaments again.
Yet you watched it all the way up to the last game and predicted that Spain's zone would baffle the US. Only AFTER Spain lost did you come up with this theory of yours.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Duh. The games are shorter.

Any of those players are better than Spanoulis and you know it...you just love the Euroleague--I get it.

Have a nice night man.

8 minutes shorter. Big deal. The numbers would drop way more than the percentage of minutes. Besides that, most NBA players are sure the hell not playing 48 minutes.

If they played 40 minutes in Euroleague (which they might due to salary and hype and marketing) they would have MUCH LOWER numbers, even if they played all 40 minutes.

Spanoulis in Euroleague would be much better than Rose or LeBron. I'm not sure about the other two. But definitely he would be a better Euroleague player than Rose and LeBron would.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 07:31 AM
8 minutes shorter. Big deal. The numbers would drop way more than the percentage of minutes. Besides that, most NBA players are sure the hell not playing 48 minutes.

If they played 40 minutes in Euroleague (which they might due to salary and hype and marketing) they would have MUCH LOWER numbers, even if they played all 40 minutes.

Spanoulis in Euroelague would be much better than Rose or LeBron. I'm not sure about the other two. But definitely he would be a better Euroleague player than Rose and LeBron would.
:no:

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Yet you watched it all the way up to the last game and predicted that Spain's zone would baffle the US. Only AFTER Spain lost did you come up with this theory of yours.

Not true. Look, 2008 was rigged. Mainly the final. And it was predetermined. However, what took place in 2010 was beyond ludicrous. I am done with FIBA tournaments involving US after that.

They took rigging games for USA and Turkey to a whole new level. Every single game involving them was like watching Kings-Lakers 2002, or Rockets-Mavs 2005. It was absolutely ridiculous. It had NBA rigging and scripting written all over it. They used all the same exact methods and tactics that the NBA uses to fix games. Then they even rigged the Spain-Greece game just for the hell of it.

And frankly, the fact that Americans, rather than admit it was rigged, instead bragged about winning...showed a real true lack of class and sportsmanship, and more than that, showed just how much they do not know basketball.

Any true fan would have denounced that tournament, no matter if they were from USA or Turkey, or any other country. The fact that Americans still accept that tournament as legit is totally pathetic and sad.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Not true. Look, 2008 was rigged. Mainly the final. And it was predetermined. However, what took place in 2010 was beyond ludicrous. I am done with FIBA tournaments involving US after that.

They took rigging games for USA ad Turkey to a whole new level. Every single game was like watching Kings-Lakers 2002, or Rockets-Mavs 2005. It was absolutely ridiculous.

And frankly, the fact that Americans, rather than admit it was rigged, instead bragged about winning...showed a real true lack of class and sportsmanship, and more than that, showed just how much they do not know basketball.

Any true fan would have denounced that tournament, no matter if they were from USA or Turkey, or any other country. The fact that Americans still accept that tournament as legit is totally pathetic and sad.

You are a liar and a pathetic human being. You sat your ass in front of that computer and told me Spain would win the WC because Americans have never seen a zone. Only AFTER Spain lost did you come up with the rigged crap....still haven't pointed to specific plays or given any facts on the matter but I digress because that's your M.O.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 07:43 AM
You are a liar and a pathetic human being. You sat your ass in front of that computer and told me Spain would win the WC because Americans have never seen a zone. Only AFTER Spain lost did you come up with the rigged crap....still haven't pointed to specific plays or given any facts on the matter but I digress because that's your M.O.

Whatever man. Everyone in the world outside of USA and Turkey said 2010 tournament was rigged. Just keep in denial.

Rooster
10-15-2011, 08:11 AM
A hard look with some of Europe recycled scrubs from NBA and NCAA.

Anthony Parker - 2 time MVP, 2 Euroleague title named to 35 Europe greatest player

Nate Huffman - Europe MVP was a complete garbage .

Joseph Blair - Euroleague MVP. FTW. I can't believed this.

Trajan Langdon - Final Four MVP. All Decade team .Can't even make it to Clips.

Ariel mc Donald - Final Four MVP. Where did this fool came from

Marcus Brown - the guy can't even play in the NBA. And he became all time leading scorer of modern Euroleague.

Mike Batiste- another casualty from Clippers cut. A scrub who became one of Euroleague best big man.

All in all, American scrubs who need to go to Europe because they can't make a living in NBA are name in all Euroleague team 33 times. More than any nation in Europe.

I also forgot the corpse of Bob mcAdoo Dominated Europe with a 26 and 10 and the complete wash up version of Dominique Wilkins too.

It's funny how a player like Farmar getting a starting gig with Maccabi, one of premier Euroleague team. The guy was a Lakers garbage.

Also Sasha Vujacic who is posterizing in Euroleague. Euroleague is paying him like he's one of their top 15 players. Lakers could hardly wait to getting rid of
him last year.

Then there's Omar Cook, Acie Law, Paul Davis, Antonie Wrigt, Daniel Ewing, Ammo and countless scrubs who keep getting recycled in Europe.

Actually Euroleague is the 2nd best league and it's a good thing because if a player can't hang with a grown man NBA- NoBoysAllowed . Euroleague is good alternative and good competition.

Maybe they can mature and be a good NBA role player like Anthony Parker.

Or maybe they will be a good waterboy and passed some towels to NBA stars like TMac like VSpan.

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 08:25 AM

Anthony Parker - 2 time MVP, 2 Euroleague title named to 35 Europe greatest player

Marcus Brown - the guy can't even play in the NBA. And he became all time leading scorer of modern Euroleague.

Mike Batiste- another casualty from Clippers cut. A scrub who became one of Euroleague best big man.

All in all, American scrubs who need to go to Europe because they can't make a living in NBA are name in all Euroleague team 33 times. More than any nation in Europe.

I also forgot the corpse of Bob mcAdoo Dominated Europe with a 26 and 10 and the complete wash up version of Dominique Wilkins too.

It's funny how a player like Farmar getting a starting gig with Maccabi, one of premier Euroleague team. The guy was a Lakers garbage.

Also Sasha Vujacic who is posterizing in Euroleague. Euroleague is paying him like he's one of their top 15 players. Lakers could hardly wait to getting rid of
him last year.

Then there's Omar Cook, Acie Law, Paul Davis, Antonie Wrigt, Daniel Ewing, Ammo and countless scrubs who keep getting recycled in Europe.

Actually Euroleague is the 2nd best league and it's a good thing because if a player can't hang with a grown man NBA- NoBoysAllowed . Euroleague is good alternative and good competition.

Or maybe they will be a good waterboy and passed some towels to NBA stars like TMac like VSpan.

Huffman was never Euroleague MVP.

McDonald was never Euroleague Final Four MVP.

The fact that you keep posting this untrue bullshit proves what a troll you are.

mrhoopfan
10-15-2011, 08:26 AM

I actually agree with you on this............Rose was average at best in the last FIBA tourney

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Whatever man. Everyone in the world outside of USA and Turkey said 2010 tournament was rigged. Just keep in denial.

Statements like this give us all a glimpse of your child-like mind.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 08:28 AM
I actually agree with you on this............Rose was average at best in the last FIBA tourney

All of what 5, 6 games? Wow.....what a sample of FIBA games.

Go Getter
10-15-2011, 08:29 AM

him last year.

Or maybe they will be a good waterboy and passed some towels to NBA stars like TMac like VSpan.:wtf:

Jameerthefear
10-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Dwight would average 30 in the Euroleague.
:D

Rooster
10-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Huffman was never Euroleague MVP.

McDonald was never Euroleague Final Four MVP.

The fact that you keep posting this untrue bullshit proves what a troll you are.

Let's take this 2 out of the equation because of different names like SuproLeague even though Europe recognized them as such.

This player

Anthony Parker
2 Euroleague MVP
2 Euroleague title
Named as one of 35 greatest Europe players

Enough said

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Let's take this 2 out of the equation because of different names like SuproLeague even though Europe recognized them as such.

SuproLeague was NOT the Euroleague. It was a separate league genius.

It's like claiming the ABA was the same league as the NBA. That the ABA MVP was also the NBA MVP. Stop being such a douche bag.

Rooster
10-15-2011, 09:14 AM
SuproLeague was NOT the Euroleague. It was a separate league genius.

It's like claiming the ABA was the same league as the NBA. That the ABA MVP was also the NBA MVP. Stop being such a douche bag.

Who gives a crap. Julius Erving won ABA MVP and he was just as good as anyone in NBA.

Euroleague MVP = NBA Role player

Euroleague
10-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Who gives a crap. Julius Erving won ABA MVP and he was just as good as anyone in NBA.

Euroleague MVP = NBA Role player

NBA MVP = Euroleague scrub

Rooster
10-15-2011, 09:20 AM
NBA MVP = Euroleague scrub

Wheres your proof.

Anthony Parker

2 timed MVP =NBA role player,

Rooster
10-15-2011, 09:24 AM
V Span before =NBA waterboy

VSpan after = Euroleage Final Four MVP

FTW. LMAO

Heavincent
10-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Nobody cares about the stupid ****ing Euroleague, or any other European basketball league. Get the **** out of here.

bagelred
10-15-2011, 12:09 PM
As DeJuan Blair goes, so goes the NBA.

Rooster
10-15-2011, 12:15 PM
As DeJuan Blair goes, so goes the NBA.

It was his attitude and his price.

The writer failed to mention that Big Sofo, one of Euroleague supposedly best big man failed to make it to Clippers training camp.

kerinth
10-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Methinks Euroleague, crazed troll that he is, wants to be trolled back. If a Nick Young-esque poster says something trollishly skewed about European basketball in response to EL saying something equally trollish and untrue about the NBA, it fuels EL's agenda: namely, painting the NBA (and by extension its fans) as isolationist and uninformed about world basketball/FIBA.

By inciting people to troll him, EL actually becomes a voice of reason (in very isolated snippets of his posts, only when lambasting people who counter-troll him with dubious info). It's why he is so abrasive - he wants to be trolled, because measured and thoughtful posts comparing NBA/Euroleague(the league not the poster)/FIBA/National Leagues give him no chance to trumpet his own authority and get on his anti-NBA/USA soapbox. If no one counter-trolled EL the poster, his frothing righteous indignation would be completely unwarranted, and obviously insane to any observer. It is obvious even now, but EL gets to make the occasional accurate factual correction re:counter-trolling. Look how often EL calls others trolls - he is trying to drag the conversation into the mud, where no one has authority, and his voice can seem relatively sane. In a land of trolls a crazed troll is king.

This all serves to play up the us/them dynamic between International bball and NBA bball, which is insane; posters from many countries participate in this NBA forum and appreciate world bball/National leagues/Euroleague (league)/National Team tournaments. Others are capable of enjoying multiple brands of basketball and acknowledging differences without trashing one league or another. Now, I know that many in this forum will forever be polarized on some issues, whether it be Kobe/Lebron or 60s/70s/80s/90s/2000s superiority or pauk/Alphawolf. It's the nature of this type of discussion. But EL the poster wants to add NBA vs International Basketball to those battles, and personally I don't want to give him the satisfaction.

Eurobasket was entertaining, and though I prefer NBA playoffs, it doesn't mean I have to choose one or the other. One can appreciate Boston vs Los Angeles and Spain vs France, or PAO vs Olympiakos, or the final four of Euroleague (league), or the NCAA tournament, etc, etc, etc. If you love basketball played at a high level, you can avoid the counterproductive better league/worse league argument by noting their completely different situations/circumstances/histories/rules/etc. Only when one needs to prop up a player as UNQUESTIONED best, regardless of circumstance, explaining away any criticism or ambiguity, do they need to resort to such absurd tactics.

TLDR:

Don't feed the crazed troll

and i'll end with a verse:

If only Van Gundy could predict
Euroleague's hate since 2006,
perhaps he would have given
shots & minutes to number 10;
and his fan - the crazed troll - might be fixed.

swi7ch
10-15-2011, 04:30 PM
It's because role players are involved. Let's see LBJ being sent home or Durant...

eliteballer
10-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Its not saying he isn't good. It's saying he's just not worth how much they had to pay him. Biiiig difference.

Math2
10-15-2011, 05:11 PM

Yep, Rose did not deserve MVP...at all.

Fiasco
10-16-2011, 05:18 AM
It was his attitude and his price.

The writer failed to mention that Big Sofo, one of Euroleague supposedly best big man failed to make it to Clippers training camp.

I saw Sofokoliks play. It. Was. Horrifying.

Euroleague
10-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Its not saying he isn't good. It's saying he's just not worth how much they had to pay him. Biiiig difference.

"The problem appears to have been simply that they could get similar production for less from any number of other players."

It's saying that Russian players are available that are just as good and demand less money.

Euroleague
10-16-2011, 05:31 AM

Rejecting with authority, every single American player that even dared come near the rim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e88fY_-m6SI

The only "horrifying" thing was how pathetic those American players looked trying to score against Sofo.

nayte
10-16-2011, 07:20 AM

I honestly don't care if USA wins every game by 100 points because it's just rigged. And I will not be surprised one bit if USA does not lose another game for 20-30 years. Because the games are so rigged.

I was goin to try and join in on this convo...till this post....
No point..

SwayDizzle
10-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Methinks Euroleague, crazed troll that he is, wants to be trolled back. If a Nick Young-esque poster says something trollishly skewed about European basketball in response to EL saying something equally trollish and untrue about the NBA, it fuels EL's agenda: namely, painting the NBA (and by extension its fans) as isolationist and uninformed about world basketball/FIBA.

By inciting people to troll him, EL actually becomes a voice of reason (in very isolated snippets of his posts, only when lambasting people who counter-troll him with dubious info). It's why he is so abrasive - he wants to be trolled, because measured and thoughtful posts comparing NBA/Euroleague(the league not the poster)/FIBA/National Leagues give him no chance to trumpet his own authority and get on his anti-NBA/USA soapbox. If no one counter-trolled EL the poster, his frothing righteous indignation would be completely unwarranted, and obviously insane to any observer. It is obvious even now, but EL gets to make the occasional accurate factual correction re:counter-trolling. Look how often EL calls others trolls - he is trying to drag the conversation into the mud, where no one has authority, and his voice can seem relatively sane. In a land of trolls a crazed troll is king.

This all serves to play up the us/them dynamic between International bball and NBA bball, which is insane; posters from many countries participate in this NBA forum and appreciate world bball/National leagues/Euroleague (league)/National Team tournaments. Others are capable of enjoying multiple brands of basketball and acknowledging differences without trashing one league or another. Now, I know that many in this forum will forever be polarized on some issues, whether it be Kobe/Lebron or 60s/70s/80s/90s/2000s superiority or pauk/Alphawolf. It's the nature of this type of discussion. But EL the poster wants to add NBA vs International Basketball to those battles, and personally I don't want to give him the satisfaction.

Eurobasket was entertaining, and though I prefer NBA playoffs, it doesn't mean I have to choose one or the other. One can appreciate Boston vs Los Angeles and Spain vs France, or PAO vs Olympiakos, or the final four of Euroleague (league), or the NCAA tournament, etc, etc, etc. If you love basketball played at a high level, you can avoid the counterproductive better league/worse league argument by noting their completely different situations/circumstances/histories/rules/etc. Only when one needs to prop up a player as UNQUESTIONED best, regardless of circumstance, explaining away any criticism or ambiguity, do they need to resort to such absurd tactics.

TLDR:

Don't feed the crazed troll

and i'll end with a verse:

If only Van Gundy could predict
Euroleague's hate since 2006,
perhaps he would have given
shots & minutes to number 10;
and his fan - the crazed troll - might be fixed.

good post:applause:

Rooster
10-16-2011, 08:41 AM

Sofo averaged 2.5 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.8 fouls and 2.3 turnovers per game in summer league, shooting 33% from the field and 46% from the line.

Clips have high hopes with this guy. But he was a big disaapointment.

Rent
10-16-2011, 03:08 PM
It's because role players are involved. Let's see LBJ being sent home or Durant...

What about Williams then? He's an allstar caliber player. His production thus far has been commonplace. His stats are not necessarily bad, but they aren't great either. For what he's getting paid, he should be playing better than he is now. There's no doubt Williams is a pretty good player. He's just not the worth contract given to him by Besiktas.

Of course, Williams won't be sent home, but he should if he continues his rate of play.

Bandito
10-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Rejecting with authority, every single American player that even dared come near the rim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e88fY_-m6SI

The only "horrifying" thing was how pathetic those American players looked trying to score against Sofo.
So he was cut because the Clips were a bunch of euroleague haters then? Yeah right:facepalm

ZaaaaaH
10-16-2011, 03:41 PM

:lol

This Euro kid dont watch the NBA. :lol

Yea Rose was "ABSOLUTELY AWFUL" :facepalm

rezznor
10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
http://xb2.xanga.com/c45e104562132279236541/w222438797.jpg

with malice
10-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Euroleague... given what you're trying to push in this thread, you're one of two things:
1. If you truly believe your initial premise, then you're an idiot.
Or...
2. You're simply a troll.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KljuTcXd7NU/TlDsBUkly_I/AAAAAAAAAmA/xJlHiO5iHms/s1600/files_troll_2.jpg

CBLhoops
10-17-2011, 01:02 AM
http://xb2.xanga.com/c45e104562132279236541/w222438797.jpg