PDA

View Full Version : Dark Souls!

BEAST Griffin
10-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Best game I've played all year. Stopped Deus Ex: HR about half way through to give Dark Souls a try and never looked back.

LebronairJAMES
10-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Best game I've played all year. Stopped Deus Ex: HR about half way through to give Dark Souls a try and never looked back.
yep its so addictive have 2k12 but this is just too good

glidedrxlr22
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
yep its so addictive have 2k12 but this is just too good

Same here....have touched 2K12 just once.

Fiasco
10-18-2011, 11:16 AM
What really pisses me off is the fact that the player matching servers are so unnecessarily complicated. If a bunch of us here wanted to co-op a boss, we'd have a 0.001% chance of doing so just because of how the game was built.

Really ruined some of it for me as my roomate and I both own Dark Souls, use the same wi-fi connection, yet can't summon each other to save our lives.

glidedrxlr22
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
^Yeah that was done on purpose. Sucks, but that's the way it is. I'd like to be able to co-op bosses too with buddies....or invade a buddy and backstab him :rockon:

Fiasco
10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
The Devs said they're going to patch it, though, to make co-op (summoning others) easier to do.

I'd really like to play with some of y'all, maybe take on a boss or two in a big ass group. It'd be glorious.

glidedrxlr22
10-18-2011, 02:15 PM
The Devs said they're going to patch it, though, to make co-op (summoning others) easier to do.

I'd really like to play with some of y'all, maybe take on a boss or two in a big ass group. It'd be glorious.

That would be tight. I remember using co-op to beat the last boss in Demon's Souls.....at that point I had already put 50 hours into it and he was doing his soulsuck on me! I said screw it this must end! :banghead:

If they improve it, I'm down to do some co-oping. :cheers:

JaskoX1
10-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm too much of a pus.sy to start Dark Souls, therefore I settled with a Bioware game. :(

LebronairJAMES
10-18-2011, 11:16 PM
anyone start blighttown yet?
btw if you need a good farming spot hit the forest went on a 1million soul grind took about 2hours but was worth it!!

rhythmic
10-19-2011, 03:10 AM
I hope it's just as difficult as the "original".
I actually appreciated the difficulty; I was more determined then frustrated on beating the first one. Persistence definitely paid off for me; I'll get this game closer to Christmas.

How's the difficulty in this one guys?

LebronairJAMES
10-19-2011, 03:49 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Bucket_Nakedz
10-19-2011, 04:09 AM
ill be picking this game up by the end of the week. the difficulty about this game is why im drawn to it. its sad that many developers have shied away from this old school approach.

Fiasco
10-19-2011, 05:21 AM
I'm too much of a pus.sy to start Dark Souls, therefore I settled with a Bioware game. :(

You're only a ***** if you settled for Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 2.

Both originals are fine games.

But you should probably pick up Dark Souls soon. It's the most balanced blend of difficulty and strategy. Not to mention the immense satisfaction you feel when you finally kill the area boss.

JaskoX1
10-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Origins.

And I agree with your first statement.

Velocirap31
10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Screw the forest farming. Just head to the Hollows below Blight Town and get the Dragon Head from joining the covenant down there. Using that ridiculous glitch, you can farm millions of souls in less than a minute by just holding down the square button. I avoid doing the glitch for the most part because I enjoy the difficulty, but I've almost beat it so I've been indulging a bit.

Velocirap31
10-19-2011, 05:01 PM
There is a patch coming out soon btw that is expected to make changes to the online matchmaking as well as remove the glitch I mentioned, among others.

LebronairJAMES
10-19-2011, 06:57 PM
There is a patch coming out soon btw that is expected to make changes to the online matchmaking as well as remove the glitch I mentioned, among others.
how do you do the glitch im at ash lake right now and cursed:mad:

Qwyjibo
10-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Dark Souls is harder than Demon's Souls but just in a more frustrating way.

The combat throughout the game is equally difficult. The bosses (at least for me so far) are a bit easier in Dark Souls because you can almost always summon help. But expect to fall. A lot. You will fall off ledges, wooden platforms, cliffs and into water. You will always get cheaply knocked off by enemies.

The only problem I have with Dark Souls so far is that it's basically Demon's Souls version 1.5. Which isn't a big problem since Dark Souls is such an incredibly great overall game. Demon's Souls seems like it was a test run to see "are people actually going to like/buy such a hard game?". When the answer was yes, they decided to fine-tune the formula.

You can tell how similar Blighttown is to the Valley of Defilement (I HATED this place) from Demon's Souls. But you can also the great refinement with no longer having an artificial hub like the nexus. I'm really amazed by how well all the different sections of Dark Souls' world are connected together.

Clippersfan86
10-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Guys I'm an RPG guy. Will I like Demon and Dark Soul's? All I hear is how impossibly difficult these games are. Should I try this or Dead Island first? I hear both are incredibly difficult and brutal RPG's. One about Demons the other about Zombies.

glidedrxlr22
10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Guys I'm an RPG guy. Will I like Demon and Dark Soul's? All I hear is how impossibly difficult these games are. Should I try this or Dead Island first? I hear both are incredibly difficult and brutal RPG's. One about Demons the other about Zombies.

Let me tell you how I tackled Demon

Qwyjibo
10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Oh and don't be an idiot like me when starting Demon's Souls. I went through the first 2 parts of the first world not knowing you could actually target enemies. Once I found that out, it made things much less frustrating.

glidedrxlr22
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Oh and don't be an idiot like me when starting Demon's Souls. I went through the first 2 parts of the first world not knowing you could actually target enemies. Once I found that out, it made things much less frustrating.

I didn't lock on much in Demon's Souls and I got used to it. I'm locking on now in Dark Souls but sometimes I get nailed when I'm locked on and try to turn and run, dodge or hit another enemy without switching lock on. :facepalm

Fiasco
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM

If you liked Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2, this game is really not for you.

Prodigy
10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Dead Island is trash. Dark Souls is amazing.

Clippersfan86
10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
If you liked Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2, this game is really not for you.

Haha.... Bioware is my favorite company and I love those 2 games (both in my top 5 favorites). I'm a huge fan of Resident Evil though so it's not like I'm limited on RPG type games.

Fiasco
10-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Haha.... Bioware is my favorite company and I love those 2 games (both in my top 5 favorites). I'm a huge fan of Resident Evil though so it's not like I'm limited on RPG type games.

Those games aren't RPGs. They're streamlined, action "RPG" garbage. I've seen more RPG elements in a Splinter Cell game. Dark Souls is possibly the hardest game you'll ever play.. the AI isn't stupid and is punishingly brutal at times. Nothing from those two games prepares you for this.

I definitely think you should pick it up, but you WILL die over and over again. Frustrating, yet satisfyiing.

Clippersfan86
10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Those games aren't RPGs. They're streamlined, action "RPG" garbage. I've seen more RPG elements in a Splinter Cell game. Dark Souls is possibly the hardest game you'll ever play.. the AI isn't stupid and is punishingly brutal at times. Nothing from those two games prepares you for this.

I definitely think you should pick it up, but you WILL die over and over again. Frustrating, yet satisfyiing.

Yes they are action RPG but don't underestimate Bioware games. They are considered the WRPG company that really put Action/RPG/Choose your own adventure types on the map. They are very much so RPG's. Just a more modern type. No more of that lame turn based combat sh**. Bioware has produced so many RPG classics that many people consider their favorite games. KOTOR games, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age.

All classic and epic series. I'm a gamer through and through and anything I play I've succeeded at. Just because I'm a diehard Bioware fan doesn't mean I can't handle something more challenging.

I really want to try the game and just wanted to get more info on it. I'll just get it and try it on easy to start. According to the IGN reviewer he said the game forces you to learn and adapt and once you do it's very rewarding.

Fiasco
10-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes they are action RPG but don't underestimate Bioware games. They are considered the WRPG company that really put Action/RPG/Choose your own adventure types on the map. They are very much so RPG's. Just a more modern type. No more of that lame turn based combat sh**. Bioware has produced so many RPG classics that many people consider their favorite games. KOTOR games, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age.

There's a lot wrong with this and I'm not going to address it in this thread for several reasons. Keeping on topic --

All classic and epic series. I'm a gamer through and through and anything I play I've succeeded at. Just because I'm a diehard Bioware fan doesn't mean I can't handle something more challenging.

I'm tempering your expectations, nothing more or less. I was a Bioware fan until they betrayed their own vision. Dark Souls makes ME2/DA2 look like Minesweeper in terms of difficulty.

I really want to try the game and just wanted to get more info on it. I'll just get it and try it on easy to start.

No such option. You can only start a New Game, NG+, etc.

According to the IGN reviewer he said the game forces you to learn and adapt and once you do it's very rewarding.

I always take anything IGN says with a grain of salt. But that reviewer is right.

Clippersfan86
10-20-2011, 07:56 PM
There's a lot wrong with this and I'm not going to address it in this thread for several reasons. Keeping on topic --

I'm tempering your expectations, nothing more or less. I was a Bioware fan until they betrayed their own vision. Dark Souls makes ME2/DA2 look like Minesweeper in terms of difficulty.

No such option. You can only start a New Game, NG+, etc.

I always take anything IGN says with a grain of salt. But that reviewer is right.

Ah so you're one of the types that thinks Bioware is a sellout because they are going more Action/RPG than traditional RPG. I think that's partly true but it doesn't take away from the fact that they are still among the best in the business. Dragon Age 2 received an average score of a 7.5 and that's the worst rated game they have made to give you an idea of their success.

Maybe you're different but their games just cater to exactly what I like the way that some people find that with Modern Warfare etc. The Action/RPG/Choose your own adventure deal is what I dreamed about as a kid who played video games. I think part of the problem is everyone is being forced to go the action/FPS route at least partially right now because games like MW outsell them by multiple times over.

Thanks for the heads up... It just came off like you were basically saying if I like Bioware games I don't stand a chance.

LebronairJAMES
10-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Ah so you're one of the types that thinks Bioware is a sellout because they are going more Action/RPG than traditional RPG. I think that's partly true but it doesn't take away from the fact that they are still among the best in the business. Dragon Age 2 received an average score of a 7.5 and that's the worst rated game they have made to give you an idea of their success.

Maybe you're different but their games just cater to exactly what I like the way that some people find that with Modern Warfare etc. The Action/RPG/Choose your own adventure deal is what I dreamed about as a kid who played video games. I think part of the problem is everyone is being forced to go the action/FPS route at least partially right now because games like MW outsell them by multiple times over.

Thanks for the heads up... It just came off like you were basically saying if I like Bioware games I don't stand a chance.
i thought dragon age 2 was great and cant wait for part 3 you must get dark souls its a rare game in todays market you will love it, i picked up nba 2k12 and dark souls at the same time i prob have about 5 hours on 2k12 and 55 hours on dark souls prepare to die lol

Clippersfan86
10-20-2011, 10:45 PM
i thought dragon age 2 was great and cant wait for part 3 you must get dark souls its a rare game in todays market you will love it, i picked up nba 2k12 and dark souls at the same time i prob have about 5 hours on 2k12 and 55 hours on dark souls prepare to die lol

Yea dude I actually liked Dragon Age 2 a lot. I played it 3 times back to back without getting bored.

LebronairJAMES
10-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Yea dude I actually liked Dragon Age 2 a lot. I played it 3 times back to back without getting bored.
:cheers:

glidedrxlr22
10-21-2011, 11:30 AM

I enjoyed Dragon Age 2 a lot also. I made the mistake of playing 2 before DA1 and I could not finish DA1....I lost interest.

So far in Dark Souls, I'm dying a lot more in the beginning vs Demon's Souls. Just beat the 2nd boss....the one where you climb up the archer tower....then I got roasted by the red dragon. :facepalm ....but I want more. :rockon:

LebronairJAMES
10-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I enjoyed Dragon Age 2 a lot also. I made the mistake of playing 2 before DA1 and I could not finish DA1....I lost interest.

So far in Dark Souls, I'm dying a lot more in the beginning vs Demon's Souls. Just beat the 2nd boss....the one where you climb up the archer tower....then I got roasted by the red dragon. :facepalm ....but I want more. :rockon:
you can kill that red dragon with one arrow shot from where that black night is up the stair case but before you do that shoot off his tail to get the drake sword took me about 30 standard arrows
and another thing invest in get alot of arrows it will help you alot later on

glidedrxlr22
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM
you can kill that red dragon with one arrow shot from where that black night is up the stair case but before you do that shoot off his tail to get the drake sword took me about 30 standard arrows
and another thing invest in get alot of arrows it will help you alot later on

Thanks. Just did this last night. Pretty bada$$ weapon to have in the beginning. :cheers:

Velocirap31
10-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks. Just did this last night. Pretty bada$$ weapon to have in the beginning. :cheers:

It should hold you over until you get the OP Lightning Spear in Sen's fortress. Then that weapon can beat the game for you.

Qwyjibo
10-26-2011, 09:51 PM
It should hold you over until you get the OP Lightning Spear in Sen's fortress. Then that weapon can beat the game for you.
Using that right now. I've died at the Iron Golem about 4 times now. His "grab and smash me into the ground" move always gets me. Tough to figure out the range on that. He seems to always scoop me.

Velocirap31
10-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Using that right now. I've died at the Iron Golem about 4 times now. His "grab and smash me into the ground" move always gets me. Tough to figure out the range on that. He seems to always scoop me.

Make sure you use the lightning spear because it'll stun him worse and worse over time. If you strafe to his sides constantly, his grabs and attacks should miss. You can also go human and summon the Iron Turk (some name like that) in the room across the small bridge near the boss room. That dude will kill the boss for you basically, he's very strong.

Bucket_Nakedz
10-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Got the game last week but didnt play until today. Chose knight class w/master key. played about and hour and im currently stuck at the fire shrine. went through the left path of what seems like a cemetary and kept getting killed by skeleton warriors. Then i took the lower path down the elevator and now getting murked by ghosts... HALP!!!

glidedrxlr22
10-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Got the game last week but didnt play until today. Chose knight class w/master key. played about and hour and im currently stuck at the fire shrine. went through the left path of what seems like a cemetary and kept getting killed by skeleton warriors. Then i took the lower path down the elevator and now getting murked by ghosts... HALP!!!

Of the three possible paths, you chose the two wrong ones(for now). I did the same and got my a$$ handed to me. You need to up the side of the hill/mountain with the staircase on it. If you look past the body that rewards you with humanity....head that way.

Go to 4:50 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTA4NLkdw2U&NR=1

IGOTGAME
10-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Of the three possible paths, you chose the two wrong ones(for now). I did the same and got my a$$ handed to me. You need to up the side of the hill/mountain with the staircase on it. If you look past the body that rewards you with humanity....head that way.

I did the same exact thing. no biggie. Just go up top and mess them dudes up.

Btw...this is only my second rpg game(Mass Effect was my first) but I love em...I havent been able to put it down for the last 2 days.

glidedrxlr22
10-28-2011, 02:35 PM
^Yes it is hard to put down. The other day I kept dying over and over, but still I kept going back for more.

Those damn giant rats! Sucks when you get poisoned. I have nothing early on to cure the poison status.

Nothing scarier than when you see a giant knight just chilling and he notices you and chases the hell out of you. :(

Qwyjibo
10-28-2011, 02:41 PM
You can farm poison/blood healing herbs in the first part of the forest with those walking trees.

The worst was getting the "toxic" status in after getting shot by some daggers in Blighttown. That drains your health really fast.

Just beat the main (I think) bosses in Anor Londo and holy crap was that a tough fight. Summoned a random online player for as well as the NPC Knight Solaire for cannon fodder. Not really sure where to go next. Maybe down to the flooded place with all the ghosts that's kicked my ass several times already.

Bucket_Nakedz
10-28-2011, 08:08 PM

I did as you said and it was much more manageable. I left off at the bonfie i found up there. theres this black knight that ive been trying to fight with but it seems im not on his level yet.

Im currently playing more arkham city. its amazing how much of a badass you feel as batman but when i pop in dark souls... the humbleness begins.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-09-2011, 08:36 PM
FUUUU... It took me almost 12 hours of game time just to ring that fxxking first bell, ugh!

Kept getting murked from that minotaur on the bridge, and once i finally killed dude... FROOM! got burnt from a fxxking dragon. I couldn't even kill the damn thing so I found another path under a bridge and came across an armored boar; bastard was tough. Made it to the hall and had fought with a huge black knight and a fxxking sorcerer. But after all of that ordeal, Nothing has made me rage more than those fxxcking gargoyles, fxxk them to hell!

I swear, i knew this game was going to be challenging, but fxxk! I don't know how i did it, but i have to take a break from this game for now. Because I almost lost my sh!t, dude (and im a pretty chill dude, too). I have a love/hate feeling towards this game.

Its so frustrating because i usually am a fast paced player but this game literally takes me out my comfort zone - which is a good thing - and makes you approach it slowly and methodically, which games today never do. I'll get back to this game eventually but for now, my pride is wounded. This game has literally kicked my ass in every which way possible.

LOGoods7
11-10-2011, 01:19 AM
FUUUU... It took me almost 12 hours of game time just to ring that fxxking first bell, ugh!

Kept getting murked from that minotaur on the bridge, and once i finally killed dude... FROOM! got burnt from a fxxking dragon. I couldn't even kill the damn thing so I found another path under a bridge and came across an armored boar; bastard was tough. Made it to the hall and had fought with a huge black knight and a fxxking sorcerer. But after all of that ordeal, Nothing has made me rage more than those fxxcking gargoyles, fxxk them to hell!

I swear, i knew this game was going to be challenging, but fxxk! I don't know how i did it, but i have to take a break from this game for now. Because I almost lost my sh!t, dude (and im a pretty chill dude, too). I have a love/hate feeling towards this game.

Its so frustrating because i usually am a fast paced player but this game literally takes me out my comfort zone - which is a good thing - and makes you approach it slowly and methodically, which games today never do. I'll get back to this game eventually but for now, my pride is wounded. This game has literally kicked my ass in every which way possible.

Just gotta figure out easier ways to beat bosses/enemies, which is also why the game is dope. For the minotaur on the bridge, climbing to the top of the tower and using fall attacks will kill him in like 3 hits...he fell off the bridge in my playthrough :oldlol:

For the armored boar, if you notice the flames around him you can just lure him into one and he'll get stuck and die :oldlol:

Won't lie about the gargoyles though, they were a pain in the ass especially when the other one comes and breathes fire at you, I just summoned another dude who helped me finish them pretty easily

glidedrxlr22
11-10-2011, 11:37 AM

Don't fret. It took me almost as long to get up to that bell part too. It took me about 8 tries to beat those gargoyles. The part that makes me rage is when I let the rats poison me.

It will take more than 50 hours to pass this game. A friend of mine is at 70 hours and near the end.

I did what you're thinking of doing in Demon's Souls. I put it down for about 8 months and came back to it renewed. I don't recommend putting it down that long....just take a break. I take a few days off from Dark Souls and come back refreshed.

By the way, did you get the Drake Sword from the Red Dragon. It's a big help. Velocirap gave me the strategy on how to get it and it makes things easier. In short, aim and shoot the red dragon's tail with about 30-50 arrows and it'll drop the bada$$ Drake Sword.

chains5000
11-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm thinking of buying this game but need some advice. How long is it? Is it really that hard? Is it the kind of game in which you "just hit buttons"?

Velocirap31
11-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm thinking of buying this game but need some advice. How long is it? Is it really that hard? Is it the kind of game in which you "just hit buttons"?

First play through will take around 50 or 60 hours if you take your time (which you have to). If you try hitting buttons and hack and slashing, you will probably die within a minute of starting the game. You need good timing for attacks and block when appropriate. The real challenge are the bosses because they attack very often and never let up. However, once you beat the game a few times and reach ng+++ etc, the strong normal enemies become bosses themselves basically and can one-shot you.

The multiplayer is the best aspect of the game (it will be improved massively once Namco releases patch 1.05). I've platinumed the game so I just invade people like crazy and it is a lot of fun to do that. If you've played Demon Souls like I have then this game is not that hard except for a few irritating bosses (Ornstein and Smough especially). New players complain about the gargoyles, but the Demon Souls gargoyles were way harder.

I would recommend buying this game to anyone who doesn't get too easily frustrated and can learn from their mistakes. Its a game you'll come back to consistently and if you have friends with the game, it becomes even more fun (pvp vs. friends is great).

LebronairJAMES
11-14-2011, 01:53 AM
took me 70 hours to finish
its worth the buy for sure there is no other game like it on the market

glidedrxlr22
11-14-2011, 12:08 PM

Like LebronairJAMES said....there really is nothing like it out. It can be frustrating at times, but if you keep at it....it's so satisfying.

LebronairJAMES
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Like LebronairJAMES said....there really is nothing like it out. It can be frustrating at times, but if you keep at it....it's so satisfying.
this
its a keeper for sure

LOGoods7
11-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Just got cursed by those bastard frog things in the sewers :mad:

Velocirap31
11-14-2011, 10:51 PM

Haha that sucks man. That's early in the game to so no easy way to cure it. Save up 3000 souls and buy the cure from the gargoyle tower guy I guess.

LebronairJAMES
11-15-2011, 12:48 AM
i hate those frogs more then i hate the boses:mad:

chains5000
11-15-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption, but I think I'll get this when I finish.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Don't fret. It took me almost as long to get up to that bell part too. It took me about 8 tries to beat those gargoyles. The part that makes me rage is when I let the rats poison me.

It will take more than 50 hours to pass this game. A friend of mine is at 70 hours and near the end.

I did what you're thinking of doing in Demon's Souls. I put it down for about 8 months and came back to it renewed. I don't recommend putting it down that long....just take a break. I take a few days off from Dark Souls and come back refreshed.

By the way, did you get the Drake Sword from the Red Dragon. It's a big help. Velocirap gave me the strategy on how to get it and it makes things easier. In short, aim and shoot the red dragon's tail with about 30-50 arrows and it'll drop the bada$$ Drake Sword.
I basically researched the drake sword you mentioned and realized ive been playing this game wrong all along. i made a new character with warrior class and started all over. Ive gotten the drake sword and im still farming in the undead burg. ive killed my first black knight and havel to get their rings. im basically trying to level up while honing my fighting skills. this game is fxxking awesome!!! I played skyrim for about 5 hours and yet i couldnt stop thinking about dark souls. i already sent back skyrim to gamefly because i knew i wasnt going to be playing it anytime soon. i thought i was going to be playing skyward sword exclusively once it comes out. but now i think ill alternate both dark souls and zelda because dark is soo gratifying. thanks dude for telling me about the drake sword and basically adding anothet dimension in what is a hella hard but addicting game. it really opened my eyes.

glidedrxlr22
11-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I basically researched the drake sword you mentioned and realized ive been playing this game wrong all along. i made a new character with warrior class and started all over. Ive gotten the drake sword and im still farming in the undead burg. ive killed my first black knight and havel to get their rings. im basically trying to level up while honing my fighting skills. this game is fxxking awesome!!! I played skyrim for about 5 hours and yet i couldnt stop thinking about dark souls. i already sent back skyrim to gamefly because i knew i wasnt going to be playing it anytime soon. i thought i was going to be playing skyward sword exclusively once it comes out. but now i think ill alternate both dark souls and zelda because dark is soo gratifying. thanks dude for telling me about the drake sword and basically adding anothet dimension in what is a hella hard but addicting game. it really opened my eyes.

I'm currently taking a break from DS as I'm trying to complete Uncharted 3. No matter how many weeks/months it takes, I will complete DS.

The Drake Sword was truly effective when I was strong enough(strength 16) to wield it one handed with a shield. Otherwise, as I'm sure you know, if you do the strong attack with a two arm wield you do that crazy ground pound attack that wears down your sword. What's cool is that eventhough the Drake sword is powerful, you still can't mess around and just count on it for hack and slash. You still have to be smart about fighting....like you said...hone your fighting skills.

By the way, did you play Demon's Souls. If not, give it a try. I recommend it all the way. :cheers:

Velocirap31
11-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Dark Souls is now patched! Multiplayer is now way better and there are souls signs everywhere. However, all the glitches I mentioned (Dragon Head, Snuggly the crow) are now fixed and can not be used.

Velocirap31
12-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Bump for the best game this year. Play Dark Souls guys!

chains5000
12-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Finally got it.
Haven't had much time to play, but it looks good.
F*ck those skeletons

chains5000
12-28-2011, 03:25 AM
This game is awesome:bowdown:

chains5000
12-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Found that black knight and stabbed him in the back as he was not looking.:pimp:

Got killed by him.

Velocirap31
12-30-2011, 01:00 AM
Yeah he's tough at the start. You might as well come back later to take him on. Backstabs are the way to go though for the black knights.

chains5000
12-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Yeah he's tough at the start. You might as well come back later to take him on. Backstabs are the way to go though for the black knights.
For sure, he's on my blacklist lol

Got to fight the minotaur once and as I was getting killed I realized how to beat him:facepalm Haven't been able to play again since then.

Al Thornton
12-30-2011, 05:48 AM
those gargoyles are fvcking me up

glidedrxlr22
12-30-2011, 10:45 AM
those gargoyles are fvcking me up

It took me about 8 times to beat those fvckers!

Qwyjibo
12-30-2011, 12:47 PM
It took me about 8 times to beat those fvckers!
I had to summon that NPC knight to help me. I had no chance fighting them alone.

glidedrxlr22
12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I had to summon that NPC knight to help me. I had no chance fighting them alone.

I did it alone, but got lucky. I had a sliver of life left, a couple of lucky block sand dodges and I got a lucky strike in.

I put this game down for about a month now....time to pick up where I left off....those M'F***in sleeping giants and those plant enemies gang up on me.

LOGoods7
01-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I gotta pick up this game again soon..after I got cursed by those frogs in the sewer I went to the jungles and fought the big wolf, which took me a lot of tries cause I kept f**king up...but it felt pretty damn good to beat him.

chains5000
01-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Got to fight the gargoyles, ended up killed, obviously.
I was fighthing the first and I was like "is this what everybody found that difficult?"
Then another one appeared:facepalm

rhythmic
01-03-2012, 01:13 PM
I feel like I can beat any game out there once I beat this game.
Holy hell this was a challenge.

glidedrxlr22
01-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I feel like I can beat any game out there once I beat this game.
Holy hell this was a challenge.

That's how I felt when I beat Demon's Souls. Then Dark Souls came out and made me its little bitch. :facepalm

Velocirap31
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM
I should mention that I have several copies of every item in the game. I could give you guys anything you need since getting a few items/weapons are very tedious. There is a glitch that lets you transfer all items from one character to a new character so I don't care to give everything away. PSN: Velosean

chains5000
01-04-2012, 05:44 AM
I should mention that I have several copies of every item in the game. I could give you guys anything you need since getting a few items/weapons are very tedious. There is a glitch that lets you transfer all items from one character to a new character so I don't care to give everything away. PSN: Velosean
:no: That's cheating!

Velocirap31
01-04-2012, 04:50 PM
:no: That's cheating!

I earned everything on one character legit and got the platinum in November. I just heard of this glitch 2 days ago. Once you've beat a game 10 times legit, cheating doesn't ruin the game. It's just an offer since I had to to grind for 10 hours at a time to get some annoying weapons (ghost blade, black knight weapons before patch, etc.). Some people see no fun in grinding.

chains5000
01-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I earned everything on one character legit and got the platinum in November. I just heard of this glitch 2 days ago. Once you've beat a game 10 times legit, cheating doesn't ruin the game. It's just an offer since I had to to grind for 10 hours at a time to get some annoying weapons (ghost blade, black knight weapons before patch, etc.). Some people see no fun in grinding.
I meant us cheating if you helped us. We gotta finish the game on our own!

Velocirap31
01-10-2012, 10:47 PM
I meant us cheating if you helped us. We gotta finish the game on our own!

Yeah I figured that after I already posted. Good point and yeah I don't want to ruin the experience for anyone. I also heard a rumor today involving DLC for Dark Souls. It involves a new area called Dark Forest with some new bosses, or so I read online. :banana:

chains5000
02-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Played for the first time in a month, and killed those f*cking gargoyles!
Now, let's get into that forest...

Legend of Josh
02-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I bought the game just a few days ago... just created my character. I got to the point where you light the bonfire thing-a-mah-gig and got health back. Then opened some door and this big beast smashes on me, so I read a message that says 'get the fu*k out!' or something...

Then played a bit more... walked thru some 'white' portals or whatnot. Maybe it's just me, but walking around bashing and grinding up little bit*h ass skelazombiez isn't all that fun.

Maybe I'm just not into it enough yet? LOL.

Maneva
02-04-2012, 08:58 AM
I bought the game just a few days ago... just created my character. I got to the point where you light the bonfire thing-a-mah-gig and got health back. Then opened some door and this big beast smashes on me, so I read a message that says 'get the fu*k out!' or something...

Then played a bit more... walked thru some 'white' portals or whatnot. Maybe it's just me, but walking around bashing and grinding up little bit*h ass skelazombiez isn't all that fun.

Maybe I'm just not into it enough yet? LOL.

:oldlol: Sounds like you haven't even made it out of the "tutorial" area yet. Definitely play quite a bit more before passing final judgment.

Legend of Josh
02-04-2012, 09:16 AM
:oldlol: Sounds like you haven't even made it out of the "tutorial" area yet. Definitely play quite a bit more before passing final judgment.

Oh alright.... I'll give it another try. LOL, no but for real, is that pretty much the game, just battling and grinding the entire time?

chains5000
02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Oh alright.... I'll give it another try. LOL, no but for real, is that pretty much the game, just battling and grinding the entire time?
Yeah, that's it.

returnofthemack
02-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah, that's it.

i still havent gotten dark souls yet. i only got and beat demons souls about 3 months ago and that game was the man. everything i hear is that this game is better. im waiting for the price on this one to drop to about 30 before i buy. plus it will give me some time to recover from demons souls :hammerhead:

ACCBaller1403
02-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Everyone should give this game a shot. It's tough but not as frustrating and difficult as the reviews make it sound. Once you get a bit into it you will find such a deep game with so many layers and different ways to play. I just platinum'd the game with a ninja like character. Pure melee with a bow. No magic. Now I want to go right back through as either a tank character or a pure magic build.

At least give it a rental. Anyone that played demon's souls should grab this immediately. It has everything that made des great but so much more too. Better in every way.

Maneva
02-07-2012, 09:31 AM

I think the post above said it well, the game gets pretty layered and deep and different areas will require different play styles. But yes, if you reeaalllly want to boil it down, it's "just" battling and grinding. But you can spin any game to sound simple like that. Basketball's just putting a ball in a hoop over and over right? All I'm saying is the game gets deeper and more rewarding, so stick at it, but definitely go in with a lot of patience and be willing to figure things out on your own.

glidedrxlr22
02-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I put Dark Souls down for a couple of months now. I'll be picking back up during the summer drought.

stallionaire
04-11-2012, 04:48 PM
this game is kicking my ass!

first playthrough, killed capra demon and im on my way to the depths. wish me luck yall! love this game.

fav game for ps3 EVER.

Velocirap31
04-11-2012, 05:10 PM
this game is kicking my ass!

first playthrough, killed capra demon and im on my way to the depths. wish me luck yall! love this game.

fav game for ps3 EVER.

Good stuff. Try to go as human throughout the depths since you'll be invaded by Kirk at one point and he drops some good gear (by chance). You also need to have him invade all 3 times throughout the game to get his armor (which is sweet looking armor).

Velocirap31
04-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Dark Souls coming to PC with new content added. Interesting.

stallionaire
04-12-2012, 02:59 AM
Good stuff. Try to go as human throughout the depths since you'll be invaded by Kirk at one point and he drops some good gear (by chance). You also need to have him invade all 3 times throughout the game to get his armor (which is sweet looking armor).

thanks for the advice man. i already got invaded by him once.

gaping dragon isn't too hard but i keep making dumb mistakes.

i just got cursed and i realized i accidentally killed the female undead merchant that sells the purging stone. had to spend 20k souls on absolution + stone just to get to playing agian :facepalm :banghead:

does kirk only invade in the depths?

jaydacris
04-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Dark Souls coming to PC with new content added. Interesting.

from dark souls facebook page

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/564618_305259969547054_119869331419453_757375_1130 75776_n.jpg

ruh roh :biggums:

BEAST Griffin
10-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Just started playing again today. I love my low level griefing character.

Lightning Zweihander +5
Mask of the Mother
Giant Armor +5
Giant Gauntlets +5
Giant Leggins +5
Ring of Favor and Protection
Havel's ring

Just enough strength so that I can effectively 2 hand the lightning Zweihander. Just enough endurance so that I don't hit the 50% weight limit before getting encumbered. Dump the rest into vitality which gets multiplied by the Mother's mask and Ring of Favor and Protection bonuses. (Don't forget to kill the Four Kings to get some red eye orb goodness.)

Absolute rape. Dat hate mail you get. :lol

BEAST Griffin
10-27-2012, 12:44 AM
The best grief farming is done in blighttown. Kill them right before they get to the bottom bonfire and you're sure to get hate mail.

chains5000
02-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Got back to playing two weeks ago.
Totally addicted now...

F*ck Sen's Fortress