PDA

View Full Version : 2011 ESPN Top 10 has finished, here are the Top 10 players...

pauk
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
#1 Lebron James

#2 Dwight Howard

#3 Dwyane Wade

#4 Chris Paul

#5 Dirk Nowitzki

#6 Kevin Durant

#7 Kobe Bryant

#8 Derrick Rose

#9 Deron Williams

#10 Blake Griffin

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7116954/nba-player-rankings-2

Told you people.... Lebrons outcome in the playoffs was never a factor in how the majority of everybody rank him, its about VALUE/CONTEXT.... he was always #1 alongside Kobe and then undisputed #1 alone.. (09 and 10 seasons)... despite the outcome in the playoffs (not winning a championship)... hence why not even now what happened to Lebron in 3 games in the Finals will not do any kindof damage...

3 horrible games in the Finals and getting so close but not winning a Championship, will not and DID NOT change the facts of Lebron being the most dominant player overall entire year, in the season and the playoffs just up until Game 2 of the NBA finals...
He was also 1st All-NBA and 1st All-Defensive team (Wade & Dirk were on neither)... with 500++ MVP votes (Dirk had 100 and Wade had 24)... and the most #1 MVP votes after Derrick Rose and was again the most productive player in the NBA, despite having Wade & Bosh alongside him....

oh..

he also took Miami Heat immediately to its first success and playoff series wins / finals since 2006............

he also left a #1 team and that team immediately became the worst team in the NBA... if that matters... that is the biggest dropoff in NBA history... When Jordan left the Bulls in 1993-94 they losed only 2 less games, just something to think about...

TylerOO
10-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Good list. I'd take rose over Kobe tho.

DevilsAssassin
10-18-2011, 01:45 PM

same.

Clippersfan86
10-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Looks almost identical to the list I predicted in other thread.

pauk
10-18-2011, 01:59 PM
hehe nice Clippers..

mine was kindof wrong.. i thought:

1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Dirk
5. Durant
6. Rose
7. Kobe
8. Carmelo
9. CP3
10. Blake / Amare

Carmelo was the most underrated player in this ranking.... ranked behind Pau Gasol at #12 lol

Clippersfan86
10-18-2011, 02:00 PM
hehe nice Clippers..

mine was kindof wrong.. i thought:

1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Dirk
5. Durant
6. Rose
7. Kobe
8. Carmelo
9. CP3
10. Blake / Amare

I had Rose and Deron crossed. It was close though.

Legends66NBA7
10-18-2011, 02:04 PM
I wonder where RG is...

pauk
10-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Im surprised about CP3.....

But i understand that a healthy CP3 is easily the best PG in the game and one of the best players in the game tho...

Many people seem to forget that he was the most productive player in the playoffs, 6 games only yea.. but anyways he led in PER/EFF.... CP3 averaged:

22 ppg
7 rpg
12 apg
55% FG
47% 3PT
80% FT

:bowdown:

DevilsAssassin
10-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I wonder where RG is...

Did he get a new account?:lol

Legends66NBA7
10-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Did he get a new account?:lol

*shudders at that notion*

I don't want to know, man. I think someone posted him having 25-30 (i think 50) accounts on here. And he's on other forums like Real GM too. Who knows how many accounts he has going on the same topic. Like there are times to debate and theres time you need to step out of the house.

And now, either LeBron or Howard are # 1 and 2, the two guys he hates. He's coming back with a 100 accounts, guaranteed.

Clippersfan86
10-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Im surprised about CP3.....

But i understand that a healthy CP3 is easily the best PG in the game and one of the best players in the game tho...

Many people seem to forget that he was the most productive player in the playoffs, 6 games only yea.. but anyways he led in PER/EFF.... CP3 averaged:

22 ppg
7 rpg
12 apg
55% FG
47% 3PT
80% FT

:bowdown:

People jump Dirk's nuts about the playoffs but CP3 is an elite playoff performer. His efficiency in the playoffs is up there with Magic, Jordan and many others. Not to mention even during regular season he's a higher impact player.

pauk
10-18-2011, 02:15 PM
People jump Dirk's nuts about the playoffs but CP3 is an elite playoff performer. His efficiency in the playoffs is up there with Magic, Jordan and many others. Not to mention even during regular season he's a higher impact player.

AND NOW... CP3 IS HEALTHY..... WATCHOUT MR ROSE... CP3 IS GONA OFFICIALLY RECLAIM THE TITLE OF WHO THE BEST PG IS

The Macho Man
10-18-2011, 02:20 PM
At the risk of sounding like I'm trolling Lebron, how can you be the best player in the game if you don't even really try in the finals? I have no problem with him being the best regular season player...

Love Paul but he's too high to me.

derb2k2
10-18-2011, 02:23 PM
1. Lebron

2. Wade

3. Howard

WAde is an all around player that can take over games on both sides of the court. HOward can also do this, more so on the defensive end, but he doesnt have the effectiveness that Dwade has. Wade is also a renowned playoff beast whereas Howard ?? WADE should be second

greensborohill
10-18-2011, 02:50 PM
LeBron should be lower. If the point of basketball is winning, then LeBron has FATAL flaws in his game. . . SERIOUS fvcking flaws that I don't think can be overcome, it's just part of his mental makeup.

brisbaneman
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
The top 5 is garbage. I'm glad to see though that people are pissed about dirk being ranked so low.

The_Yearning
10-18-2011, 02:57 PM
The list is a throwaway. Durant in the top 10 and Melo is not? Lol in what world is that?

Blake Griffin at #10? Might as well put Kevin Love at #11.

Dwyane wade at #3? Lol.

pauk
10-18-2011, 03:01 PM
The top 5 is garbage. I'm glad to see though that people are pissed about dirk being ranked so low.

he was ranked even lower for these past few years....

its an improvement...

pauk
10-18-2011, 03:03 PM
its official....

Dwight #2.... and guess who at #1

thank u it's very humbling thanks espn

42 minutes ago

YOU DESERVED IT DWIGHT!

jlip
10-18-2011, 03:04 PM
If a person doesn't have Lebron at #1 right now then they more than likely didn't have him at #1 before game 2 of the Finals, and in their minds, the next 3 games simply strengthened their case.

Let's face it. The only other legit candidates for #1 were Howard and Wade (maybe Dirk as an outsider if you were employing the "best player on the championship team" rationale.) Howard, while having a monster individual series, and through no fault of his own, was eliminated in the 1st round by a team despite having homecourt. It would be difficult to have him catapult Lebron given the "heat" (no pun intended) that Lebron takes for losing to a team despite having homecourt.

Now it's basically between Wade and Lebron. Right before the Finals, ESPN was doing a survey regarding who had been the MVP of the playoffs. The choices were Lebron and Dirk. Wade was not even in the discussion. Lebron is named player of the game in Game 1 of the Finals, and he's yet leading that vote. Then he basically disappears, and Wade begins to dominate. Wade may have surpassed Lebron in some people's minds if he actually could have maintained his great play beyond game 4 coupled with the Heat winning the title and him be named Finals MVP. But Wade's struggles in especially the clinching game 6 did not provide enough fodder to allow him to surpass a player whom most already had in front of him.

This was basically a case of Lebron's competitors for the #1 spot not doing enough to overtake him by the time he started struggling.

AlphaWolf24
10-18-2011, 03:08 PM
#1 Lebron James

#2 Dwight Howard

#3 Dwyane Wade

#4 Chris Paul

#5 Dirk Nowitzki

#6 Kevin Durant

#7 Kobe Bryant

#8 Derrick Rose

#9 Deron Williams

#10 Blake Griffin

Told you people.... Lebrons outcome in the playoffs was never a factor in how the majority of everybody rank him, its about VALUE/CONTEXT.... he was always #1 alongside Kobe and then undisputed #1 alone.. (09 and 10 seasons)... despite the outcome in the playoffs (not winning a championship)... hence why not even now what happened to Lebron in 3 games in the Finals will not do any kindof damage...

3 horrible games in the Finals and getting so close but not winning a Championship, will not and DID NOT change the facts of Lebron being the most dominant player overall entire year, in the season and the playoffs just up until Game 2 of the NBA finals...
He was also 1st All-NBA and 1st All-Defensive team (Wade & Dirk were on neither)... with 500++ MVP votes (Dirk had 100 and Wade had 24)... and the most #1 MVP votes after Derrick Rose and was again the most productive player in the NBA, despite having Wade & Bosh alongside him....

oh..

he also took Miami Heat immediately to its first success and playoff series wins / finals since 2006............

he also left a #1 team and that team immediately became the worst team in the NBA... if that matters... that is the biggest dropoff in NBA history... When Jordan left the Bulls in 1993-94 they losed only 2 less games, just something to think about...

Thanks Pauk..ESPN Rules:applause: :applause: :applause:

hey did you know ESPN also said Kobe was the best player in the NBA in 2001!!...

Yes....Now I know all those Kobe haters who say ESPN don't know anything will stay far away...

great Job (repped)

pauk
10-18-2011, 03:10 PM
If a person doesn't have Lebron at #1 right now then they more than likely didn't have him at #1 before game 2 of the Finals, and in their minds, the next 3 games simply strengthened their case.

Let's face it. The only other legit candidates for #1 were Howard and Wade (maybe Dirk as an outsider if you were employing the "best player on the championship team" rationale.) Howard, while having a monster individual series, and through no fault of his own, was eliminated in the 1st round by a team despite having homecourt. It would be difficult to have him catapult Lebron given the "heat" (no pun intended) that Lebron takes for losing to a team despite having homecourt.

Now it's basically between Wade and Lebron. Right before the Finals, ESPN was doing a survey regarding who had been the MVP of the playoffs. The choices were Lebron and Dirk. Wade was not even in the discussion. Lebron is named player of the game in Game 1 of the Finals, and he's yet leading that vote. Then he basically disappears, and Wade begins to dominate. Wade may have surpassed Lebron in some people's minds if he actually could have maintained his great play beyond game 4 coupled with the Heat winning the title and him be named Finals MVP. But Wade's struggles in especially the clinching game 6 did not provide enough fodder to allow him to surpass a player whom most already had in front of him.

This was basically a case of Lebron's competitors for the #1 spot not doing enough to overtake him by the time he started struggling.

POST OF THE YEAR

chazzy
10-18-2011, 03:14 PM
It's not just a matter of Dirk being on the best team and winning a title.. he had the best playoff run of anyone as well. A player who has the best playoff run AND wins a title certainly has a case for best player (not sure if I agree though.) It's revisionist history to claim the Mavs were favored to win and that Dirk simply played his part. He was incredibly clutch throughout the playoffs, and his clutch play in the finals vs the unclutch play of Lebron/Wade made all the difference. It's just a strange year for ranking players overall.

Fazotronic
10-18-2011, 03:22 PM

Dirk still performed better. whats your point.
paul is to high, carmelo to low, dirk defently at least top 4.
other players are better or more talented but problem is they didn't played better.

Legends66NBA7
10-18-2011, 03:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7116977/nba-player-rankings-1

All is right in the world.
Swiper The Fox 7
LVTheGod

hmmmm....

catch24
10-18-2011, 03:24 PM
It's not just a matter of Dirk being on the best team and winning a title.. he had the best playoff run of anyone as well. A player who has the best playoff run AND wins a title certainly has a case for best player (not sure if I agree though.) It's revisionist history to claim the Mavs were favored to win and that Dirk simply played his part. He was incredibly clutch throughout the playoffs, and his clutch play in the finals vs the unclutch play of Lebron/Wade made all the difference. It's just a strange year for ranking players overall.

Pretty much this. Were people even watching his postseason run last year?

Clippersfan86
10-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Dirk still performed better. whats your point.
paul is to high, carmelo to low, dirk defently at least top 4.
other players are better or more talented but problem is they didn't played better.

Exactly the point. This list is about MOST TALENTED/SKILLED PLAYERS. Not who played the best in the playoffs. You guys are seriously mentally challenged if you can't understand that concept.

Derka
10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
You had to know it would be Lebron, but part of me was holding out for Wade to take #1.

pauk
10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
there we go...

THE KING @ #1

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7116977/nba-player-rankings-1

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/71/81199272.jpg

The Macho Man
10-18-2011, 03:38 PM

I would probably have Lebron at number 1 before the finals. I was very impressed with him in the Bulls and Celtics series. But, as impressed as I was with that, the finals completely overshadowed that. I have a hard time saying he is currently the best after that.

inclinerator
10-18-2011, 03:46 PM
blake griffen shoudlnt be in the top 10 not yet

jlip
10-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I would probably have Lebron at number 1 before the finals. I was very impressed with him in the Bulls and Celtics series. But, as impressed as I was with that, the finals completely overshadowed that. I have a hard time saying he is currently the best after that.

I understand your point. I'm just wondering who would have been close enough to have surpassed him. The only candidates that I can think of would be Howard and Wade. I don't know of too many people outside of Mavs fans who had Dirk in that category before the Finals, and while he was EXTREMELY clutch and came through when it mattered, he didn't particularly have an domianting Finals himself. Howard didn't make it past the first round and thusly didn't have an opportunity to prove that he was better. Wade was on his way to making a claim, but fell short the last two games of the Finals. That's why I said this was not a case of Lebron proving himself. This was a case of no one else snatching that ranking from him by the time he started to struggle. His Finals may hurt him in terms of "all time" rankings. But for just this one season, I didn't see anyone surpass him.

Fazotronic
10-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Exactly the point. This list is about MOST TALENTED/SKILLED PLAYERS. Not who played the best in the playoffs. You guys are seriously mentally challenged if you can't understand that concept.

i meant just talented wise. All Dirk does IS skilled based. he has no vert, speed or athleticism. Thats why he played better and thats why he should be ranked higher.
You wanna tell me that he doesn't have skill or again whats your point?

pegasus
10-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Lebron being #1 is a joke. Even Wade #3 is absurd. How come #1 and #3 with another top-25 player, ended up losing to #5 who probably didn't have any teammates in the top-30?

Last season, I said it in several different threads that Lebron and Wade were not the best players in the league, and that is why they were not gonna win the championship. Not because they didn't have a great PG, not because they didn't have a great C, because they are not the best players in the league.

Now seeing them rated this high makes me believe that the voters have selective memory.

DMAVS41
10-18-2011, 04:03 PM
pretty bad list imo. don't know how a player that crumbles in the most important 6 games of the year can be considered the best player.

not sure what chris paul did last year to be ranked over dirk or kobe or durant for that matter.

i guess it just comes down to a fundamental question of:

can a player be the best player if he's not good enough to be the best player on a title winning team. there was no team in the league that Lebron could have won a title with this year the way he played. he was already arguably on the most stacked team in the league and his team lost in 6 in the finals as huge favorites with home court. and that loss in all on him. he played pathetically bad overall...and was even worse in crunch time.

i think the top 3 last year have to be wade, howard, and dirk...in any order. doesn't really matter.

cp3 and griffin are too high as well.

Miller for 3
10-18-2011, 04:11 PM
What I learned from ESPN's player ranker:

- The NBA is a one on one basketball competition

- The playoffs did not happen

- We are to judget players based on year's past EXCEPT for the 10-11 season

- Ball dominant stats are all that matter.

- Defense will be ignored when it fits the BSPN agenda

Fiasco
10-18-2011, 04:13 PM
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: the best player in the game would never flame out in the Finals like LeBron did. He's in the Top 5, but being ranked #1 is a joke.

Indian guy
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
LeBron at #1 is an embarrassment, and would've been even if he had played decent ball in the Finals and won the championship.

greensborohill
10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
It seems like ESPN did this ranking just to save the value of their investment in LeBron.

Everyones all hyped in antisipation. . . then BAM LeBron.

It's like ESPN trying to put us back in a trance and make us forget what we just saw: "Ignore the man behind the curtain, we are ESPN, you will listen to us or we will butcher this kitten!"

greensborohill
10-18-2011, 04:29 PM
i meant just talented wise. All Dirk does IS skilled based. he has no vert, speed or athleticism. Thats why he played better and thats why he should be ranked higher.
You wanna tell me that he doesn't have skill or again whats your point?

Rep

G-Funk
10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Lebron should get negative points for being a b!tch… should knock him down to 10th or 11th

G-Funk
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Only thing that really separates Lebron from Kobe, Wade & Durant is 1-2 more assist. But 2 little extra assist mean shyt when you can’t even perform half decent when it matters most. So go ahead and keep Lebron & his extra assist, I’ll take the players that are not backing down when it matters the most. Oh and before you point out the extra 1 rebound he probably get’s, know that he’s a forward that’s not that impressive

pauk
10-18-2011, 04:52 PM
hahaaa.... the haters are raging because some LESSER player didnt go above Lebron...

seriously... if you havent get used to Lebron being #1 these last couple of years... you never will

Dave3
10-18-2011, 04:53 PM
1. LeBron
2. Dirk
3. Wade
4. Dwight
5. Durant
6. Kobe
7. Rose
8. Paul
9. Deron
10. Anthony

Can't put Rose over Kobe yet. I don't see Kobe shooting 30% with that Bulls team. Can't believe people are leaving Anthony out of top 10 though...

And I know people have already said it, but what the hell is with Dirk #5? And they have CP3 way overrated. Guy can be great and was great in the playoffs, but if CP3 goes that much up based on 5 games, then they should drop LeBron to #4 so they can at least keep some consistency. They bump up Paul for a reason, but ignore than reason with LeBron. I'm going with the logic that 3 or 4 games out of 95+ aren't enough to make a major change in overall rankings.

Heavincent
10-18-2011, 04:55 PM
ESPN's opinion is invalid to me. A lot of the things they say are completely wrong.

You might get a good night of sleep pauk. Sure, your boy Lebron played like complete shit in the Finals and got his ass handed to him by Jason Terry and Shawn Marion, but at least some random dickhead from ESPN thinks he's the best player in the NBA :applause:

TylerOO
Hahaha everybody mad

drizzy0503
^this guy has the right idea

Ikill
I don't think the list is that bad

Heavincent
10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
So uhh, why are people acting like ESPN's opinions are important? This means nothing.

thejumpa
10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
lol ESPN finally got it right and everyone is mad

Dave3
[QUOTE=G-Funk]Only thing that really separates Lebron from Kobe, Wade & Durant is 1-2 more assist. But 2 little extra assist mean shyt when you can

donald_trump
Lebron being #1 is a joke. Even Wade #3 is absurd. How come #1 and #3 with another top-25 player, ended up losing to #5 who probably didn't have any teammates in the top-30?

because there is a thing called variable change, chance, statistics...

it states that eventually, something with a lower chance of succeeding could infact... succeed.

why didn't the heat win every game they played? why didn't the bulls win every game? why didn't sebastian vettel win every formula one race this season? why doesnt barcelona win every soccer game they play?
because it happens.

wade and bron are still better than dirk. that doesnt change.

Dave3
10-18-2011, 04:59 PM
So uhh, why are people acting like ESPN's opinions are important? This means nothing.
That's a fine point of view. As long as it's consistent. Don't say "ESPN is stupid" here, but then site them for when they argued something you agree with.

L8kersfan222
10-18-2011, 05:08 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1044406698/DSC05922-1.JPG

^ the leader of this ranking

EDIT:
http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/id/6853955/nba-player-rankings-contributors

^^^ list of contributors

pegasus
10-18-2011, 05:11 PM
because there is a thing called variable change, chance, statistics...

it states that eventually, something with a lower chance of succeeding could infact... succeed.

why didn't the heat win every game they played? why didn't the bulls win every game? why didn't sebastian vettel win every formula one race this season? why doesnt barcelona win every soccer game they play?
because it happens.

wade and bron are still better than dirk. that doesnt change.

That BS would have made sense if you were just talking about the regular season. Yes, there are always upsets in the regular season, and it's not a big deal. In fact, that's why I don't rank players based on regular season performance. But in a best-of-seven series, there are no upsets. Better team always wins.

L8kersfan222
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
But in a best-of-seven series, there are no upsets. Better team always wins.

Damn, murked him.
inb4 THEY GOT LUCKY FOR 4 GAMES
truth is Lebron got rocked by Terry and Marion and never recovered mentally

Smoke117
10-18-2011, 05:18 PM

No one's opinion but your own should matter. Most people in this world are idiots.

donald_trump
10-18-2011, 05:22 PM
That BS would have made sense if you were just talking about the regular season. Yes, there are always upsets in the regular season, and it's not a big deal. In fact, that's why I don't rank players based on regular season performance. But in a best-of-seven series, there are no upsets. Better team always wins.

not true at all. chance and variable change still work in a best of seven series.

look at the boston/chicago series that went to 7 games a few seasons ago. i couldnt have picked who was better over that series. same goes here in the mavs-heat series.

heat could have won the first 4 games and no one would have thought anything. the games they won and lost over the first 4 games were all by the smallest of margins. and both the games they lost in the first 4 games they were up almost the whole time.

donald_trump
10-18-2011, 05:26 PM

better yet, did you rank baron davis over dirk when the warriors beat dallas... the same year dirk won mvp.

yep, exactly what i thought. game, set, match right there.

Kblaze8855
10-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Im not sure ive heard anyone rank anyone but Lebron or Kobe as the best in person....not online..face to face...

...since 2005.

Dwight got some talk around my way but mostly? Lebron has been called the best the last few years and when he isnt...Kobe is.

Lot of the dirk/Wade talk seems confined to the internet. never once heard anyone call either of them the best player...in person.

knickswin
10-18-2011, 05:42 PM
I hate ESPN. I don't give a sh!t what those morons think. The way they analyze basketball is just stupid IMO.

Allstar24
10-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Nobody other than ESPN considers Lebron the best player in the league. He may be the most controversial and talked about player but he is not the clear-cut best. This is ESPN's desperate attempt at trying to convince the general public that Lebron is #1...except most of us have brains and don't go blindly by what their retarded experts have to say.

Dave3
10-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Nobody other than ESPN considers Lebron the best player in the league. He may be the most controversial and talked about player but he is not the clear-cut best. This is ESPN's desperate attempt at trying to convince the general public that Lebron is #1...except most of us have brains and don't go blindly by what their retarded experts have to say.
The majority of ISH (a poll was taken) thought he was the best. I know it doesn't count for anything, but the majority of my friends also think he's the best. Now if you mean clear cut best, that's a different thing, but to say no one thinks he's the best that's just not factual.

RRR3
10-18-2011, 06:01 PM
The angry responses over Lebron being first in this thread are pure gold. :roll:

Heavincent
10-18-2011, 06:18 PM
The angry responses over Lebron being first in this thread are pure gold. :roll:

Nobody is really angry. A lot of people are just like "Wow, ESPN is retarded". That's not being angry.

Legends66NBA7
10-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Nobody is really angry. A lot of people are just like "Wow, ESPN is retarded". That's not being angry.

Well that's been like that for a while now.

bdreason
10-18-2011, 06:22 PM
First thing that jumps out at me is CP3 at #4. :confusedshrug:

RRR3
10-18-2011, 06:22 PM
:violin: :sleeping

OmniStrife
10-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Good list, though I'd switch CP3 with Dirk.

sosolid4u09
10-18-2011, 06:31 PM
#1 Lebron James

#2 Dwight Howard

#3 Dwyane Wade

#4 Chris Paul

#5 Dirk Nowitzki

#6 Kevin Durant

#7 Kobe Bryant

#8 Derrick Rose

#9 Deron Williams

#10 Blake Griffin

oh..

ABYSMAL list.

should be
1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Howard
5. CP3
6. Dirk
7. Durant
8. Williams
9. Rose
10. Carmelo

TylerOO
10-18-2011, 06:47 PM
ABYSMAL list.

should be
1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Howard
5. CP3
6. Dirk
7. Durant
8. Williams
9. Rose
10. Carmelo
Kobe is not top 3.

donald_trump
10-18-2011, 07:18 PM
are people really pretending like they're outraged over the decision? lebron is still the best. the majority of people who watch basketball believe it, and the majority of the media believes it.

its a consensus. why does it matter if you dont like him and hes considered the best? as long as he's not achieving anything it shouldnt bother you. but to say hes not the best must sit weird with people. as far as watching a basketball game and seeing who has the most impact on it, its lebron. he is the best.

Snoop_Cat
10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Carmelo is the most unfairly ranked if you ask me.

To me, there is no way he's behind Pau Gasol to start it off.

Also, the analyst's arguments were that he played no defense..... then they had the gall to say he's ranked too high.

When has Dirk ever played a lick of defense? Of course, none of their experts mentioned that and claimed Dirk is rated "way too low" at 5. Don't get me wrong, Dirk is better than Carmelo but who the hell are you going to put Dirk in front of? Wade, LBJ, Bryant, Howard, CP3 are all guys who I'd take before Dirk when healthy, and possibly Durant as well.

Durant and Carmelo are nearly identical with Durant being a more efficient scorer while Carmelo's a better rebounder. What is their justification in Durant being THAT much better (I'd take Durant but its very close).

Griffin at 9? Let's see him continue that and make some splash in the playoffs before crowning him top 10.

rodman91
10-18-2011, 07:30 PM
:lol @ CP3 over Dirk.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ie7j60g5Dn0/Tfp7zP80a_I/AAAAAAAAGNk/-x-mMj9hndE/s1600/Dirk%2BNowitzki%2Bon%2BSI%2Bcover.jpg

vs

http://www.jayforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/chris-paul-cover-sm.jpg

chips93
10-18-2011, 07:34 PM
First thing that jumps out at me is CP3 at #4. :confusedshrug:

This

i love cp3, but based off of last year hes borderline top 10 for me.

I wonder where he would have been ranked before the playoffs?

Dizzle-2k7
10-18-2011, 07:41 PM
cp3 hasnt been relevant in about 5 years

knicksman
10-18-2011, 07:49 PM
this just proves that espn analysts are idiots. how come two top3 players and the other 1 is the number one lost to dirk and yet dirk is not number 1?

donald_trump
10-18-2011, 07:54 PM
this just proves that espn analysts are idiots. how come two top3 players and the other 1 is the number one lost to dirk and yet dirk is not number 1?

how did dirk lose to the warriors and baron davis? did anyone rank baron davis above dirk in 2007? was baron better than the mvp dirk?

knicksman
10-18-2011, 08:05 PM
how did dirk lose to the warriors and baron davis? did anyone rank baron davis above dirk in 2007? was baron better than the mvp dirk?

yes.

DRose1899
10-18-2011, 08:08 PM
SMH at CP3 rank :facepalm:

L8kersfan222
10-18-2011, 08:58 PM
This

i love cp3, but based off of last year hes borderline top 10 for me.

I wonder where he would have been ranked before the playoffs?

Playoffs matter for CP3 in their rankings
but not for Lebrick? :confusedshrug:

BIZARRO
10-18-2011, 09:01 PM
There is no way I can even see justifying CP3 over Dirk. After what Dirk just did? No way.

Kobe also seems a little low to me.

If you switched Dirk and CP3, and then CP3 and Kobe, it would be a top 8 that would be at least pretty good IMO.

knicksman
10-18-2011, 09:40 PM
The majority of ISH (a poll was taken) thought he was the best. I know it doesn't count for anything, but the majority of my friends also think he's the best. Now if you mean clear cut best, that's a different thing, but to say no one thinks he's the best that's just not factual.

There are fewer geniuses in this world compared to idiots so its expected that few people would recognize as the best player. Idiots are only good with stats coz they dont how to analyze much deeper than stats.

D-Wade316
10-18-2011, 10:25 PM
People, I told you that CP3 was #4. Wade should be #2 though.

My list:
1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Dwight
4. CP3
5. Dirk
6. Durant
7. Kobe
8. Rose
9. Carmelo
10. Z-Bo

D-Wade316
10-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Yep they mad that Lebron is #1.

LEBRON HATERS GONNA HATE
:banana: :banana: :banana:

D-Wade316
10-18-2011, 10:39 PM
SMH at CP3 rank :facepalm:
U mad that CP3>Rose.

Next

Dave3
10-19-2011, 12:30 AM
There are fewer geniuses in this world compared to idiots so its expected that few people would recognize as the best player. Idiots are only good with stats coz they dont how to analyze much deeper than stats.
So how do you know you're not an idiot?

hammer2010
10-19-2011, 12:40 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1002961_o.gif

Rooster
10-19-2011, 01:54 AM
This rankings are irrelevant. Greatness will be measured on what you did when it matters. When Kobe was the best player and putting some ridiculous numbers, it meant little until he won a championship as the Alpha Male.

knicksman
10-19-2011, 02:56 AM
So how do you know you're not an idiot?

wtf academics of course.LOL

Dave3
10-19-2011, 03:24 AM
wtf academics of course.LOL
I see. So the opinions of professors doctors and lawyers on NBA talent count more than the opinions of say, teachers or journalists?

The fact is, the majority of people are actually intelligent. The average intelligence is increasing (especially in developed countries). Human brains just fall into common logical fallacies that give the false impression of stupidity. This is demonstrated in the way that the opinion of the masses is actually usually right when it comes to an objective subject. In no way am I saying that because ESPN said so or because people think so is LeBron #1, but the majority of people aren't really stupid, just misinformed and unmotivated to investigate or ignorant of it.

And using academics to back up intelligence is hilarious BTW. Shows ignorance to be honest.

donald_trump
10-19-2011, 03:50 AM
yes.

well you being an idiot is the problem. not the rankings in that case.

knicksman
10-19-2011, 04:50 AM
I see. So the opinions of professors doctors and lawyers on NBA talent count more than the opinions of say, teachers or journalists?

The fact is, the majority of people are actually intelligent. The average intelligence is increasing (especially in developed countries). Human brains just fall into common logical fallacies that give the false impression of stupidity. This is demonstrated in the way that the opinion of the masses is actually usually right when it comes to an objective subject. In no way am I saying that because ESPN said so or because people think so is LeBron #1, but the majority of people aren't really stupid, just misinformed and unmotivated to investigate or ignorant of it.

And using academics to back up intelligence is hilarious BTW. Shows ignorance to be honest.
if you have a high IQ then you will be good in academics and if they are fans of basketball then their opinions matters more. This is a simple concept yet you make it too difficult.

knicksman
10-19-2011, 04:54 AM
well you being an idiot is the problem. not the rankings in that case.

well for me dirk is better and guess who won?Dirk right?Better player always wins so how come I am the idiot when I predicted it right.

King24
10-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Deron Williams on twitter:
Quote:

But putting Kobe at number 7 is disrespectful. He is going to give someone 82 this year just because of that.

guy
10-19-2011, 09:33 AM
:lol @ CP3 over Dirk.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ie7j60g5Dn0/Tfp7zP80a_I/AAAAAAAAGNk/-x-mMj9hndE/s1600/Dirk%2BNowitzki%2Bon%2BSI%2Bcover.jpg

vs

http://www.jayforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/chris-paul-cover-sm.jpg

That CP3-Kobe-Bynum cover is awesomely epic.

guy
10-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Won't bother talking about Lebron and Dirk's ranking here cause its been repeated over and over. CP3 is getting overrated here, and Rose is getting underrated. CP3 ahead of Dirk, Durant, Kobe, and Rose is a joke, and I'm betting its all because of a 6 game first round series where his team lost. He clearly slowed down and it showed in the regular season and his best days are more then likely behind him. Dirk had the best playoff run and won a title, Durant led his team to the WCF and was the scoring champ, and Rose won MVP and led his team to the ECF. CP3 has slowed down just as much as Kobe despite being alot younger, but at least Kobe led his to a title the prior 2 years. CP3 last really great season was 2 years ago. I'm a huge fan of his and on his best day he's probably better then all 4 of them on there best days now, but that doesn't happen nearly as often enough. (And nobody even bother saying that if I think Lebron getting knocked down cause of 1 series then I should have no problem giving CP3 more credit for being great in just 1 series. CP3's wasn't the Finals, and Lebron not only played bad but completely melted down). Rose is better then CP3 just for the fact that he's healthier and more reliable. On his best day, CP3 is better and Rose still hasn't approached CP3 in 08 and 09, but like I said, that doesn't happen often. And Rose is better then Kobe now for pretty much the same reasons.

On another note, Deron Williams should not be top 10. I don't think he should be ahead of Melo and Amare at all. Forget stats. Deron is not much of a leader and I swear almost every season it seems like he has a few months where he's relatively irrelevant.

Rnbizzle
10-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Won't bother talking about Lebron and Dirk's ranking here cause its been repeated over and over. CP3 is getting overrated here, and Rose is getting underrated. CP3 ahead of Dirk, Durant, Kobe, and Rose is a joke, and I'm betting its all because of a 6 game first round series where his team lost. He clearly slowed down and it showed in the regular season and his best days are more then likely behind him. Dirk had the best playoff run and won a title, Durant led his team to the WCF and was the scoring champ, and Rose won MVP and led his team to the ECF. CP3 has slowed down just as much as Kobe despite being alot younger, but at least Kobe led his to a title the prior 2 years. CP3 last really great season was 2 years ago. I'm a huge fan of his and on his best day he's probably better then all 4 of them on there best days now, but that doesn't happen nearly as often enough. (And nobody even bother saying that if I think Lebron getting knocked down cause of 1 series then I should have no problem giving CP3 more credit for being great in just 1 series. CP3's wasn't the Finals, and Lebron not only played bad but completely melted down). Rose is better then CP3 just for the fact that he's healthier and more reliable. On his best day, CP3 is better and Rose still hasn't approached CP3 in 08 and 09, but like I said, that doesn't happen often. And Rose is better then Kobe now for pretty much the same reasons.

On another note, Deron Williams should not be top 10. I don't think he should be ahead of Melo and Amare at all. Forget stats. Deron is not much of a leader and I swear almost every season it seems like he has a few months where he's relatively irrelevant.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
There is just too much truth in this post, repped.

PowerGlove
10-19-2011, 11:30 AM
lol ESPN finally got it right and everyone is mad
THIS:roll:

AlphaWolf24
10-19-2011, 12:10 PM
This rankings are irrelevant. Greatness will be measured on what you did when it matters. When Kobe was the best player and putting some ridiculous numbers, it meant little until he won a championship as the Alpha Male.

Game 7 WCF's 2000 down by 15 points in the 2nd half....

Kobe fueled one of the greatest combacks in NBA History....and finally led the Lakers to the Finals once again....

after getting past Portland and SAC...the Finals is EZ:pimp:

25 Points...4 Blocks...7 assists 11 rebounds....

Leading all Lakers in Points , rebounds Blocks and Assists....

In the Most important game of the season....Kobe was the best player...

and by 2001...ESPN said he was the best player in the NBA

Thank you based GAWD!

repped

Dave3
10-19-2011, 12:21 PM
if you have a high IQ then you will be good in academics and if they are fans of basketball then their opinions matters more. This is a simple concept yet you make it too difficult.
What do you work as or where are you academically?

AI3Anthony
10-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Carmelo not being in the top 10 seriously makes me sick. ESPN puts Blake Griffin in top 10 already after 1 season.

Dave3
10-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Carmelo not being in the top 10 seriously makes me sick. ESPN puts Blake Griffin in top 10 already after 1 season.
Agreed. I thought he should replace Blake/Deron and Amar'e fight it out with Deron for number 10.

pauk
10-19-2011, 05:03 PM
cmon man.... im glad most of them were not ready to write CP3 off... before the injury he was the best PG in the game and a top 3 player.....

a healthy CP3 is with a major gap best PG in the game and one of the top 3 players...

and right now... he is healthy... he actually was pretty healthy just before the Playoffs... that series he averaged:

22 ppg
7 rpg
12 apg
55% FG
47% 3PT
80% FT

right now he is HEALTHY and everybody knows that....

which means... CP3 will guaranteed make all you doubters here tonight appologise this upcoming season....

Duncan21formvp
10-21-2011, 12:17 PM
#1 Lebron James

#2 Dwight Howard

#3 Dwyane Wade

#4 Chris Paul

#5 Dirk Nowitzki

#6 Kevin Durant

#7 Kobe Bryant

#8 Derrick Rose

#9 Deron Williams

#10 Blake Griffin

oh..

Explain how Lebron is #1 if he got outscored by a guy coming off the bench?

Cavs lost Lebron, Shaq, Delonte, Big Z, Jamario Moon and their coach in Mike Brown as well as Varajeo for the year.

In 1994, Bulls lost MJ and gained Kukoc, Kerr, Myers, Wennington, Longley to name a few with everyone in their prime.
In 1995 when they lost Grant they added Harper and the team struggled to even be .500

The similar situation would have been MJ leaving after 1998 and the team staying intact how many do they win in 1999 when everyone was old as dirt?

Anyway Bulls lost MJ, Scottie and Rodman while the Cavs lost Lebron, Shaq, Big Z, Delonte and Moon.

Bulls went from tied with the best record in the league to having the worst record once MJ left in 1998. It took 7 years for the Bulls to make the playoffs again once MJ left.

D-Wade316
10-21-2011, 12:20 PM
cmon man.... im glad most of them were not ready to write CP3 off... before the injury he was the best PG in the game and a top 3 player.....

a healthy CP3 is with a major gap best PG in the game and one of the top 3 players...

and right now... he is healthy... he actually was pretty healthy just before the Playoffs... that series he averaged:

22 ppg
7 rpg
12 apg
55% FG
47% 3PT
80% FT

right now he is HEALTHY and everybody knows that....

which means... CP3 will guaranteed make all you doubters here tonight appologise this upcoming season....
:applause: He is getting criminally underrated. Glad to know that ESPN made the right decision.

D-Wade316
10-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Explain how Lebron is #1 if he got outscored by a guy coming off the bench?

Cavs lost Lebron, Shaq, Delonte, Big Z, Jamario Moon and their coach in Mike Brown as well as Varajeo for the year.

In 1994, Bulls lost MJ and gained Kukoc, Kerr, Myers, Wennington, Longley to name a few with everyone in their prime.
In 1995 when they lost Grant they added Harper and the team struggled to even be .500

The similar situation would have been MJ leaving after 1998 and the team staying intact how many do they win in 1999 when everyone was old as dirt?

Anyway Bulls lost MJ, Scottie and Rodman while the Cavs lost Lebron, Shaq, Big Z, Delonte and Moon.

Bulls went from tied with the best record in the league to having the worst record once MJ left in 1998. It took 7 years for the Bulls to make the playoffs again once MJ left.
So Chalmers, Bosh, Terry >>> Lebron? :facepalm FAIL

Duncan21formvp
10-21-2011, 12:25 PM
So Chalmers, Bosh, Terry >>> Lebron? :facepalm FAIL
:wtf:

I said how can Lebron be #1 when that happened. Where the hell did I say he couldn't be in the top 5 and that Terry was better?

D-Wade316
10-21-2011, 12:29 PM

I said how can Lebron be #1 when that happened. Where the hell did I say he couldn't be in the top 5 and that Terry was better?
Dwight isn't better than Lebron. That's a fact. Wade has a case, but weak. Dirk? :no: He played great, but he is getting overrated. Name me one player who is as good offensively and defensively as Lebron is.

RRR3
10-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Dwight isn't better than Lebron. That's a fact. Wade has a case, but weak. Dirk? :no: He played great, but he is getting overrated.
Dwight has the best case to be over LeBron.

D-Wade316
10-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Dwight has the best case to be over LeBron.
Debatable. Sure he is an offensive threat, but great players are relied upon in the clutch. That's why I have Wade over Dwight.

RRR3
10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Debatable. Sure he is an offensive threat, but great players are relied upon in the clutch. That's why I have Wade over Dwight.
But Dwight is miles ahead of the next best defensive player (whoever that may be).

D-Wade316
10-21-2011, 12:39 PM
But Dwight is miles ahead of the next best defensive player (whoever that may be).
He really isn't it. KG is. He just has more impact because he logs more minutes. But you're indeed right that after the two of them, it's pretty distant. I'll take Wade's offense over Dwight's d. After all, great offense>great defense.

:facepalm @ you for negging me when I said "LEQUITTER"

RRR3
10-21-2011, 12:40 PM
He really isn't it. KG is. He just has more impact because he logs more minutes. But you're indeed right that after the two of them, it's pretty distant. I'll take Wade's offense over Dwight's d. After all, great offense>great defense.

D-Wade316
10-21-2011, 12:42 PM
http://asubstituteforwar.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/defrapm1011.jpg

Miller for 3
10-21-2011, 12:45 PM
ugh, the know nothing media brain washed bandwagon Heat fans are slowly returning :facepalm

Inception28
10-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Im not sure ive heard anyone rank anyone but Lebron or Kobe as the best in person....not online..face to face...

...since 2005.

Dwight got some talk around my way but mostly? Lebron has been called the best the last few years and when he isnt...Kobe is.

Lot of the dirk/Wade talk seems confined to the internet. never once heard anyone call either of them the best player...in person.
I've seen Dirk get called the best in person recently. Wade? Not so much but I hear it sometimes.

Kobe is considered top 3-5 in person but he is top 10 or not even top 10 face to face.

ballerz
10-23-2011, 05:50 AM
After lebrons Awful finals performance i cant see how he is still ranked at number one