PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol: Lakers To Offer Juan Carlos Navarro A Contract

Euroleague
10-24-2011, 06:32 AM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2011/20111013_180057_gasol-predit-de-belles-heures-aux-bleus.html

Navarro could play with the Lakers if he gets an interesting offer, as per implied by Gasol.

Hondo
10-24-2011, 06:36 AM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2011/20111013_180057_gasol-predit-de-belles-heures-aux-bleus.html

Thanks for this, awesome!

I would rep you again, but I have to spread it around

Euroleague
10-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks for this, awesome!

I would rep you again, but I have to spread it around

Someone just gave me a negative rep for this thread and said "STFU whore".........

Hondo
10-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Someone just gave me a negative rep for this thread and said "STFU whore".........

Not me. I like how committed you are. I don't know how valid this is though, the translation is spotty. It would be great if they do offer him a contract, he plays well with Pau.

chains5000
10-24-2011, 06:53 AM
I just don't see this happening.

Euroleague
10-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Not me. I like how committed you are. I don't know how valid this is though, the translation is spotty. It would be great if they do offer him a contract, he plays well with Pau.

Well, he didn't say "he will join the Lakers", just that he would need a good offer from them. So he didn't really state what Navarro would do.

But since they have been best friends since they were kids, I assume he would know.

Euroleague
10-24-2011, 06:55 AM
I just don't see this happening.

LA is a lot different than Memphis. Plus he would be playing with Pau and he would be a perfect fit with the Lakers.

So, I could see it if the money was right. But I believe his salary with Barcelona is equal to about $7.5 million per season in the NBA. So between that, and his huge buyout, he would need to get a pretty good offer from the Lakers.

But maybe Barca would let him out of his buyout, considering all he has done for them. Hard to say.

chains5000
10-24-2011, 07:05 AM
So, I could see it if the money was right. But I believe his salary with Barcelona is equal to about $7.5 million per season in the NBA. So between that, and his huge buyout, he would need to get a pretty good offer from the Lakers.
This is exactly why I don't see it.

Locked_Up_Tonight
10-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Why would the Lakers offer him a contract when:

a) no one knows when the lockout will end
b) if there will be a hard cap/luxury tax/etc/etc.

Maybe it is stated in the article, but I seriously doubt **any** NBA franchise is making a pitch for **any** FA right now.

franchise#3
10-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Does this mean that Kobe will be traded ? :cry:

Euroleague
10-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Why would the Lakers offer him a contract when:

a) no one knows when the lockout will end
b) if there will be a hard cap/luxury tax/etc/etc.

Maybe it is stated in the article, but I seriously doubt **any** NBA franchise is making a pitch for **any** FA right now.

He obviously meant after the lockout, not now. He said "he will need a good offer" from the Lakers, not that he is getting it now. He obviously meant after the lockout is over.

So he clearly meant for next season.

Locked_Up_Tonight
10-24-2011, 07:14 AM
Well it is definitely Pau's speculation and not from the Lakers. Because Pau has no idea what the new terms will be when the lockout ends.

And besides the cap situation, the new head coach Mike Brown might want to go in a different direction as the backup PG/SG.

rodman91
10-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Does this mean that Kobe will be traded ? :cry:

:lol

Euroleague
10-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Well it is definitely Pau's speculation and not from the Lakers. Because Pau has no idea what the new terms will be when the lockout ends.

And besides the cap situation, the new head coach Mike Brown might want to go in a different direction as the backup PG/SG.

They probably would not offer him enough money anyway.

JGXEN
10-24-2011, 07:35 AM
If it materialises, would it mean JCN would play point?

jbryan1984
10-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Didn't he only play one year in Memphis? I figured they still held his rights.

madmax
10-24-2011, 08:48 AM
well it's pretty obvious that La Bomba - Kome:cheers: He is much more efficient and playing in the same team with Pau will only increase their chemistry and chances for another title. Why wouldn't LA make this move and ship Cryant's ol' ass away?

All Net
10-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Didn't he only play one year in Memphis? I figured they still held his rights.
They do

Miller for 3
10-24-2011, 10:01 AM
they need to trade Kobe for this to happen. La Bomba could average 35+ in the NBA and Kobe's shotjacking will hold him back

Arroyo8
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
wonder what will come of this?

Lebowsky
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
I knew you were a troll, but I didn't know you were also ****ing stupid. It doesn't say the Lakers are going to make him an offer anywhere on that interview.

HylianNightmare
10-24-2011, 10:26 AM
sounds like a pipe dream

Catastrophique
10-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Seriously...

Has ANYONE clicked and READ the interview?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

20 posts already and only Lebowsky seems to know Gasol never said anything remotely close to what the title of the thread suggests...

ukplayer4
10-24-2011, 10:41 AM
damn, that would make a pretty good fit for the lakers, hed be awesome there, giving them another starting guard who can shoot the lights out, and hes a big time player. i like this deal alot for la- if its true.

chains5000
10-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Seriously...

20 posts already and only Lebowsky seems to know Gasol never said anything remotely close to what the title of the thread suggests...
The video doesn't load here at work:confusedshrug:

Nelson14
10-24-2011, 11:08 AM
I would assume si

Cangri
10-24-2011, 11:11 AM
The video doesn't load here at work:confusedshrug:
It's not a video.

Nero Tulip
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Just in case anyone is wondering, Gasol says exactly the opposite. To sum up his point, he said at Navarro's age it's very unlikely he'll return to the NBA.

He also says Kobe is better than Navarro.

Oh, and if you wonder why you constantly get insulted... maybe constantly spreading false information and wasting people's time is the reason.

chains5000
10-24-2011, 11:22 AM
It's not a video.
lol I expected it was an video interview and didn't even click

mr beast
10-24-2011, 12:17 PM
this will be huge for the lakers if it all gets settled some how

JCN will provide much needed back court support and stretch the perimeter

millwad
10-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Euroleague is from Arkansas.

dee-rose
10-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Euroleague is from Arkansas.
Surprised it took til page 3 for this

FrenchDude
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Gasol just said that it will take a good offer to make Navarro come back to the NBA. And he's not sure that teams will invest on Navarro given his age.

Phong
10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Euroleague devrait apprendre le francais avant de sortir de telles conneries. :facepalm

Euroleague
10-25-2011, 03:14 AM
They do

No they do not. He was given a complete release. Memphis does NOT have his rights.

Euroleague
10-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Seriously...

STOP TROLLING. It says LAKERS right on the interview question.

Vous n'avez pas envie de le recruter aux Lakers si le lock-out se termine ?
(Il sourit) Il faudrait qu'il re

Euroleague
10-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Just in case anyone is wondering, Gasol says exactly the opposite. To sum up his point, he said at Navarro's age it's very unlikely he'll return to the NBA.

He also says Kobe is better than Navarro.

Oh, and if you wonder why you constantly get insulted... maybe constantly spreading false information and wasting people's time is the reason.

STOP LYING.

Gasol is asked if he wants Navarro on the Lakers and he says that he [Navarro] will need to get a good offer.

STOP TROLLING

Euroleague
10-25-2011, 03:18 AM
ass-hole
negged + reported

Negged and reported for making a false report.

dickhead

Rooster
10-25-2011, 04:39 AM
Lakers need a point guard like Lindsey Hunter, someone who can stay in front of his man and defend. Not some flopper with atrocious defense. Fish is like a dinosaur, he is extinct defensively and Blake does not have the athleticism to chase quick point guards. La Bamba need to stay in Europe, no NBA can hide his defensive inadequacies. He is a one trick pony, if his shots are not fallling, you can forget about him playing a grown man defense.

Euroleague
10-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Lakers need a point guard like Lindsey Hunter, someone who can stay in front of his man and defend. Not some flopper with atrocious defense. Fish is like a dinosaur, he is extinct defensively and Blake does not have the athleticism to chase quick point guards. La Bamba need to stay in Europe, no NBA can hide his defensive inadequacies. He is a one trick pony, if his shots are not fallling, you can forget about him playing a grown man defense.

The NBA has no such thing as "grown man defense". The NBA is an atrocious league defensively.

Everyone knows Navarro sucks on defense...which would make him right at home in the NBA, where defense is practically outlawed.

Locked_Up_Tonight
10-25-2011, 06:49 AM
he NBA has no such thing as "grown man defense". The NBA is an atrocious league defensively.

Everyone knows Navarro sucks on defense...which would make him right at home in the NBA, where defense is practically outlawed.

Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'
Keep yourself right on trollin'
RAWHIDE

iDunk
10-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Lakers should just start their rookie Darius Morris, this kid is a baller.

MeLO MvP 15
10-25-2011, 07:14 AM
So I guess they realized V-Span would accept a MAX contract and would demand being the #1 option over Kobe.

And btw, "He should receive an interesting offer" when asked if Gasol would recruit him doesn't mean that he said "the Lakers will make in interesting offer" (like you're implying)... it means that him (GASOL) will try to convince him on the Lakers and he'll be offering his recommendation.

RRR3
10-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'
Keep yourself right on trollin'
RAWHIDE
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: (repped)

Rooster
10-25-2011, 11:12 AM
The NBA has no such thing as "grown man defense". The NBA is an atrocious league defensively.

It did not take that long that VSpan realized he can't play a grown man defense. He got abused so many times on man to man. Jeff Van Gundy realized that he can't play. That's the reason VSpan is subbing both scrubs Skip and Head and behind on rotation. He can't guard a lick.

Rooster
10-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Lakers should just start their rookie Darius Morris, this kid is a baller.

He is a good playmaker but he need to work on his jumpshots though.

Hyman
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Gasol is not saying that in the inteview.

No one of you knows french? Because Gasol is no saying anything similar to that

Deuce Bigalow
10-25-2011, 02:43 PM
That would be cool, Lakers need a new PG, use Fisher for the 4th quarter and a back up and start Navarro

Nick Young
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
It did not take that long that VSpan realized he can't play a grown man defense. He got abused so many times on man to man. Jeff Van Gundy realized that he can't play. That's the reason VSpan is subbing both scrubs Skip and Head and behind on rotation. He can't guard a lick.
shooting 30% had nothing to do with it either

Hyman
10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
That would be cool, Lakers need a new PG, use Fisher for the 4th quarter and a back up and start Navarro

Gasol is not saying nothing similar to that.

The interviewer talks about Navarro, the recent MVP of the Eurobasket and asks Gasol what similarities he finds between Kobe and him.

Then he asks if he would like Navarro to join the Lakers. And Gasol answers saying that he finds it difficult that a team could be interested in him for a period of 3-4 years contract because he is already 31 and he also says that it will be difficult for Navarro at this stage, to take the decission of returning to NBA.

In any moment, nor the interviwer nor Gasol have the slight intention of saying that the Lakers will offer Navarro a contract. In fact, Gasol is saying totally the opposite, that he doesnt think at this stage any franchise will offer Navarro what he wants and that for Navarro it will be very difficult to return again to NBA

Hyman
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
STOP LYING.

Gasol is asked if he wants Navarro on the Lakers and he says that he [Navarro] will get a good offer.

STOP TROLLING

It doesnt say nothing similar to that. You dont know french.

Bigsmoke
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM
oh yeah i remember Juan Carlos Navarro

he a scrub.

Euroleague
10-25-2011, 03:35 PM

It only took you about 2 months to grasp that his coach was Jeff Van Gundy and not Stan Van Gundy (and only after i explained it to you about 5 times). Kudos. Of course you still have no clue as to who Spanoulis even is.

Euroleague
10-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Gasol is not saying nothing similar to that.

The interviewer talks about Navarro, the recent MVP of the Eurobasket and asks Gasol what similarities he finds between Kobe and him.

Then he asks if he would like Navarro to join the Lakers. And Gasol answers saying that he finds it difficult that a team could be interested in him for a period of 3-4 years contract because he is already 31 and he also says that it will be difficult for Navarro at this stage, to take the decission of returning to NBA.

In any moment, nor the interviwer nor Gasol have the slight intention of saying that the Lakers will offer Navarro a contract. In fact, Gasol is saying totally the opposite, that he doesnt think at this stage any franchise will offer Navarro what he wants and that for Navarro it will be very difficult to return again to NBA

Gasol said that Navarro should need to get an offer from the NBA, right after he is asked if he wants him on the Lakers.

Why are you trying to pretend it does not say that?

Hyman
10-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Gasol said that Navarro should get an offer from the NBA, right after he is asked if he wants him on the Lakers.

Why are you trying to pretend it does not say that?

He is not saying that. If you knew french and didnt use a translator you would give me the reason

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 06:02 AM
He is not saying that. If you knew french and didnt use a translator you would give me the reason

You don't know French.

Hyman
10-26-2011, 09:02 AM
You don't know French.

Its hard to believe you in anything you can say in the future, when you are even defending something which is completely untruth.

I mean, which grade of credibilty you want to have in front of the people, when for everyone who knows a little french, the news you give and that you keep to uphold has nothing to do with reality.

I mean, if you say things like that, dont put the source.

I can never trust or believe a person who is saying me totally the oppossite thing of what the interview is talking about, and moreover continues to defend something which is written and is untruth.

Why dont you just admit that you misunderstood the content of the interview? Really it would be much better for your credibility instead of blaming people of not knowing french, when its pretty obvious that the one that doesnt know french is you.

Its impossiple that any media in the world can say that the Lakers will offer a contract to Navarro, because nothing in the interview is suggesting that

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Its hard to believe you in anything you can say in the future, when you are even defending something which is completely untruth.

I mean, which grade of credibilty you want to have in front of the people, when for everyone who knows a little french, the news you give and that you keep to uphold has nothing to do with reality.

I mean, if you say things like that, dont put the source.

I can never trust or believe a person who is saying me totally the oppossite thing of what the interview is talking about, and moreover continues to defend something which is written is untruth.

Why dont you just admit that you misunderstood the content of the interview? Really it would be much better for your credibility instead of blaming people of not knowing french, when its pretty obvious that the one that doesnt know french is you.

Its impossiple that any media in the world can say that the Lakers will offer a contract to Navarro, because nothing in the interview is suggesting that

He was asked if he would like to play with Navarro on the Lakers and said Navarro could with a good offer.

You can twist, spin, manipulate it however the hell you want to.

AirTupac
10-26-2011, 09:39 AM
He was asked if he would like to play with Navarro on the Lakers and said Navarro would probably get a good offer.

You're a moron. He didn't say that.

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 09:45 AM
You're a moron. He didn't say that.

You are a liar. One of many in this thread that are lying.

Vous n'avez pas envie de le recruter aux Lakers si le lock-out se termine ?
(Il sourit) Il faudrait qu'il re

Lebowsky
10-26-2011, 09:47 AM
He was asked if he would like to play with Navarro on the Lakers and said Navarro could with a good offer.

You're beyond retarded. Just take your loss and move along, you shameless idiot. The fact you're still allowed to post here is mind-boggling.

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 09:51 AM
You're beyond retarded. Just take your loss and move along, you shameless idiot.

The quote is right there you jerk.

Do you want to recruit Navarro to play with the lakers?

[smiles] He will need to get a good offer from them.

That is basically what it says.

It is clear as freaking hell that Gasol is saying that Navarro could play with the Lakers if he gets the right offer.

Damn it. I am taking this up with the admin.

Maga_1
10-26-2011, 10:02 AM

It is clear and freaking hell that Gasol is saying that Navarro could play with the Lakers if he gets the right offer.

So you are agreeing with everyone.
He didn't said that he WILL HAVE AN OFFER, he said HE COULD GET an offer cause he's a good player.

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 10:05 AM
So you are agreeing with everyone.
He didn't said that he WILL HAVE AN OFFER, he said HE COULD GET an offer cause he's a good player.

No. I am NOT agreeing with these jerks. They are claiming that it does NOT say that "anywhere in that interview".

That it never even once mentions any such thing.

So no, I am not agreeing with them at all.

Maga_1
10-26-2011, 10:06 AM
No. I am NOT agreeing with these jerks. They are claiming that it does NOT say that "anywhere in that interview".

That it never even once mentions any such thing.

So no, I am not agreeing with them at all.

But you agree with what i said right?

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
But you agree with what i said right?

No not exactly. That's not what Gasol said. Gasol implied that if Navaro gets an interesting offer...he could play there.

There was a clear implication of that..at least how the paper wrote and reported it.

These jerks are then claiming no such thing was even mentioned, even that the Lakers never even came up in the interview.

ZenMaster
10-26-2011, 10:13 AM
No not exactly. That's not what Gasol said. Gasol implied that if Navaro gets an interesting offer...he could play there.

So basically you're agreeing with what he's saying..

Hell I could play there if I got an interesting offer.

Maga_1
10-26-2011, 10:13 AM

There was a clear implication of that..at least how the paper wrote and reported it.

These jerks are then claiming no such thing was even mentioned, even that the Lakers never even came up in the interview.

In my opinion, people get the implications.
I remember reading things about "Papaloukas could get a contract with Lakers", because they needed a PG and Papaloukas could had fit in the system, but they never offered him anythins. It's the same thing.

He can get an offer, but in any part of the news it says that we will get .. it's just your reading comprehension.

Lebowsky
10-26-2011, 10:39 AM

It is clear as freaking hell that Gasol is saying that Navarro could play with the Lakers if he gets the right offer.

I realize this is a troll thread, but god, are you really this stupid?

[QUOTE](Il sourit) Il faudrait qu'il re

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 11:04 AM
In my opinion, people get the implications.
I remember reading things about "Papaloukas could get a contract with Lakers", because they needed a PG and Papaloukas could had fit in the system, but they never offered him anythins. It's the same thing.

He can get an offer, but in any part of the news it says that we will get .. it's just your reading comprehension.

Actually, the Lakers did offer Papaloukas a contract. He turned it down over the amount of team flights involved during the season.

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 11:05 AM
I realize this is a troll thread, but god, are you really this stupid?

It would take an interesting offer.

I don't know if they teach french in Arkansas or whatever ass backwards dumpster you live at, but you could really use some lessons. Nowhere does it say "an interesting offer from them" like you said in one of your garbage posts, or that the Lakers are even considering making him an offer. Furthermore, as some people have already pointed out, Gasol later states how unlikely it is in his opinion that any team approaches him, or Navarro wanting to take another chance at his age. Now let's see what your thread title says:

If this isn't manipulating and trolling, then I don't know what is. Go die in a fire.

The thread was already reported to the admin. You can take it up with them.

Maga_1
10-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Actually, the Lakers did offer Papaloukas a contract. He turned it down over the amount of team flights involved during the season.

i was not quite sure when i wrote that, but maybe you're right

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 12:06 PM
i was not quite sure when i wrote that, but maybe you're right

From what I remember, Lakers and Celtics offered him a contract, but he could not go to the NBA because of the amount of team flights....due to his fear of flying.

TimmyDuncan
10-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Real translation (I'm french) :
Do you want to recruit him to the Lakers if the Lockout ends?
(He smiles) It would need an interresting offer. I'm 31, 3 weeks older than him. It seems unlikey that a team bet on him for a 3 or 4 years contract as it would be difficult for him to take the plunge and go back in the nba

Euroleague
10-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Real translation (I'm french) :
Do you want to recruit him to the Lakers if the Lockout ends?
(He smiles) It would need an interresting offer. I'm 31, 3 weeks older than him. It seems unlikely that a team bet on him for a 3 or 4 years contract as it would be difficult for him to take the plunge and go back in the nba

THANK YOU for confirmed exactly what I said here.

PROOF I was telling the truth and these other tools were LYING.

And I KNEW they could NOT read French at all...........

Once again, the trolls here are out of control.

Hyman
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM

You are totally crazy :D

He has confirmed exactly to you, just the opposite you were saying.

That the Lakers are going to offer Navarro a contract.

chazzy
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM

How do you interpret THAT as:

"Pau Gasol: Lakers To Offer Juan Carlos Navarro A Contract"??

This is some Fox News type spin. :oldlol:

Kungfro
10-26-2011, 02:50 PM

Navarro could play with the Lakers if he gets an interesting offer, as per implied by Gasol.

Don't forget to add that it's also unlikely that he would get such an offer due to his age, as per implied by Gasol.