PDA

View Full Version : Gta 5 Announced!!

Kobe Jnr
10-25-2011, 07:52 AM
http://au.games.ign.com/articles/121/1210615p1.html

Trailer will come November 2nd!

So unexpected, I was in a bad mood, then went online and checked out ign.com.

Giddy up!!!

http://oi55.tinypic.com/op4g9g.jpg

Walker
10-25-2011, 08:03 AM
I really hope they get back on track with this series, don't worry about flashy graphics and pack the game full of content. ie. the exact opposite of 4.

ClutchBucketz
10-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Here's hoping they go back to the unrealistic insanity that made the series so successful. :cheers:

$LakerGold
10-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Grand Theft Auto V has been officially announced by Rockstar this afternoon, with industry whispers continuing to suggest that the fifth open-world instalment could be set to make the switch to a real-world city - specifically, Los Angeles.

Thorpesaurous
10-25-2011, 09:55 AM
I'll repeat what I posted in the Off The Court:

With the cash appearance of the Roman Numeral V, Vegas is a good guess. Although they already did something of a vegas take in San Andreas.

A city I've been hoping for that this could be ... DC ... probably the most iconic looking city in the US with all the monuments. An incredibly unique map layout for the city. And there's so much you can do with the plotlines of corrupt politicians, in addition to an extremely violent criminal underbelly in DC.

You can't tell me you wouldn't look forward to doing to crack run for Capitol City's Mayor Barry Marion.

I'd love to see them do an international one too. Rio would be ****ing awesome.

Anyway. I liked the fourth one. My favorite remains Vice City. I really feel like the biggest issue with the fourth one was that they didn't give it an era to cling to. That's half the point of Vice City and San Andreas, not just these charicatures of the cities, but the ability to do this parody of an era.

The City in the IV was awesome. More alive than the others. But it lacked a lot of the ironic takes on society the games are known for. The Ballad of Gay Tony sort of hit on the club scene, and that was awesome. Probably the best part about the game was the Gay Tony DLC.

GOBB
10-25-2011, 11:39 AM
I really hope they get back on track with this series, don't worry about flashy graphics and pack the game full of content. ie. the exact opposite of 4.

Gta4 was a classic

Qwyjibo
10-25-2011, 11:55 AM
I liked GTA 4 a lot for its story, characters and overall look but it was just missing that charm and gameplay variety of GTA San Andreas (IMO, the best in the series). Liberty City was kind of a boring location and GTA is always good when there is a bit of humour mixed in with all the crime.

I remember the first time you could drive in between Los Santos and San Fiero and check out some of the stuff in between the cities, it was an awesome feeling.

Walker
10-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Gta4 was a classic
GTA 4 was a good game. 3, VC, and SA were amazing games.
Rockstar took a direction they'd never cared about before, focusing on graphics. So much content was removed from the previous games it's not even funny.
If it didn't have the GTA name to it it would have faired much better with the general gaming community.
GTA games are expected to be classics, 4 certainly was not.
Ballard of Gay Tony and Lost and the Damned were the saving grace for that game, the main story lacked the real GTA feel.
I still to this day play the other 3. Played throught the GTA 4 story once and never even considered playing it again.

JaskoX1
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
http://www.rockstargames.com/Untitled-10.jpg

A new GTA that has hopefully learned the lessons of Red Dead Redemption? That could be perfection.

My guess is it takes place in DC. (Hopefully not the Mexican/Drug scene in the southwest, I mean, Breaking Bad-type Gta would be somewhat cool driving around in a puke green Pontiac Aztek.) But I want to see Donald Love back. I always wondered what happened to him after his disappearance.

rhythmic
10-25-2011, 02:21 PM
I just hope they incorporate the characterization & graphics from GTA 4; and add the content that San Andreas presented.

That would be an ideal game for me. Vice City and SA are my favorite GTA games because of its content, setting, story, characterization & humour. Not to mention an absolutely epic soundtrack.

GTA lacked content, other then that; I'd say it was a master-piece. But for a sandbox game to be perfect, content must be essential. Which is why I question anyone giving GTA 4 a perfect score. It was far from it, it was no where near as fun as San Andreas and to a lesser extent, Vice City.

One of the biggest Rockstar fans here, and will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of GTA 5.

By the way, I think RDR was superior to GTA 4, despite being less critically acclaimed.

JaskoX1
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Vegas would be a cool change for GTA. The suggested money theme and the V seems to point to that. I know I'm reaching but ... we'll see.

EnoughSaid
10-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Hopefully Rockstar has learned from Red Dead Redemption as the other dude said, and now can make this the best open world sandbox action game ever. Sooo excited for this. :rockon:

Harrison_Barnes
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Really wasn't expecting this annoucement, but damn I'm getting excited!

PowerGlove
10-25-2011, 03:42 PM
hopefully you will be able to do a lot more in this game....cant believe that 4 took a step backwards in that aspect even though they had 4 in between games...and seriously is it that hard to just take the driving mechanics from Midnight club and put it in your game?

GOBB
10-25-2011, 04:46 PM
I cant think of many things San Andreas had over GTA 4. Think about the beefs and complaints for a second. If I miss any, feel free to add.

Bigger map, customize car, fight gangs for territory, parachute, soundtrack.

What else? Seems a bit silly that these options which are minor to say the least have some people thinking GTA 4 didnt top San Andreas.

GTA 4 killed San Andreas to me. And San Andreas was really what made me get into my ps2. I had one and rarely even played it but decided to check this game out. It was great...fot its time. But just like RDR topped GTA 4? So did GTA 4 with San Andreas. And really you want that to be the case. Learn from your former game.

I never put as much time into GTA 4 than I have any video game I ever had. Not counting the growing up to teenage days of course. Thats just story mode + 2 DLC which was pretty good (Ballad of Gay Tony easily the best). We wont even get into multiplayer. I bet there are people right now playing in Free Mode. Numerous lobbies. I bet there are people trying to level up playing Hangmans Noose. Does this argument mean its a case closed GTa 4 was classic because you can find gamers still on it today? No, but it makes you ask yourself what is it about GTA 4 that has people still playing it. It dropped in Spring 2008. Its 2011, with 2 months to hit 2012. Are you kidding me?

Maybe the criticism is that its not the perfect game and the nitpicking is showing that. I'll buy that. But I just dont see how this game lacks being a classic. I dont see how its not near great. I guess people were really caught up inthe gang bangin, yo homeboy break yo self fool stuff San Andreas brought. Its like I listen to gangsta music, I see it on tv but now I get to be apart of it to a degree. I know I'm offbase but it just feels like for some people that really is the case.

Rake2204
10-25-2011, 04:48 PM
I remember the first time you could drive in between Los Santos and San Fiero and check out some of the stuff in between the cities, it was an awesome feeling.
Precisely. That was spectacular. The contrasting environments were glorious (from the ghetto to Hollywood to a forest to country to corn fields to mountains to Las Vegas to the desert to Area 51 to the Hover Dam). It was all great.

Walker
10-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I cant think of many things San Andreas had over GTA 4. Think about the beefs and complaints for a second. If I miss any, feel free to add.

Buying property, tanks, airplanes, bikes, good clothing customisation, leveling skills, dual-wielding, swimming underwater, gambling, alot of mini-games/side missions removed, stealth killing, way less weapons, less vechile types.

That's just off the top of my head....

But it's not like I hate the game or anything, it was a good game. Just as far as GTA's go it was a huge letdown for myself and many others.
I got 100% complete in around 50hrs game play from memory. It took well over 100 hours to do that on 3, VC and SA.
GTA's never had high end graphics before GTA 4, what they had was the very best content, and that's what made the series so good.

ClutchBucketz
10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Worst thing about GTA 4 was "Ay Cousin!, want to go out for some bowling?!?":facepalm every 5 minutes.

$LakerGold
10-25-2011, 11:47 PM

You can have access to parachutes if you have ballad of gay tony.

$LakerGold
10-25-2011, 11:57 PM
GTA 4 was good for me.. before all the patches came..
They didnt fix any shit! all they did was down-grade the F***** game!
They took out the "Car Turns Off" Feature.. mannn, When they took that out.. I was mad pissed! Cuz you know,... It felt realistic to me...

I wanna see a combination between San Andreas and Vice City...

CUZ WHEN I THINK OF VICE CITY, I IMAGINE NEON COLORS..
AND WHEN I IMAGINE NEON COLORS, IT GIVES ME THAT CLASSIC FEELING..
And I wish, they would let us edit our character too though....
-------------

The really thing that I want is back is the AIRPLANE!!! **** HELICOPTERS RIGHT NOW! I WANNA ACT LIKE I A PILOT! :) And I hope they'll add Boeing :)

GOBB
10-26-2011, 08:40 AM
You can have access to parachutes if you have ballad of gay tony.

Not GTA 4, which is what we are discussing.

Thorpesaurous
10-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Worst thing about GTA 4 was "Ay Cousin!, want to go out for some bowling?!?":facepalm every 5 minutes.

I agree. Maintaining the relationships was by far the worst part of that game. It was sort of neat at first, but to be penalized because I turned down a phone call from some character when I'm in the middle of a high speed chase. Even side missions they'd call during.

GOBB
10-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I agree. Maintaining the relationships was by far the worst part of that game. It was sort of neat at first, but to be penalized because I turned down a phone call from some character when I'm in the middle of a high speed chase. Even side missions they'd call during.

I loaded up GTA 4 yesterday to jump on multiplayer. As the game loads the first thing that happened? My phone ringning. :roll: I sat there and laughed. That definately was an annoying part of the game. I wanted to throw the phone off a bridge.

step_back
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM

What else? Seems a bit silly that these options which are minor to say the least have some people thinking GTA 4 didnt top San Andreas.

GTA 4 killed San Andreas to me. And San Andreas was really what made me get into my ps2. I had one and rarely even played it but decided to check this game out. It was great...fot its time. But just like RDR topped GTA 4? So did GTA 4 with San Andreas. And really you want that to be the case. Learn from your former game.

I never put as much time into GTA 4 than I have any video game I ever had. Not counting the growing up to teenage days of course. Thats just story mode + 2 DLC which was pretty good (Ballad of Gay Tony easily the best). We wont even get into multiplayer. I bet there are people right now playing in Free Mode. Numerous lobbies. I bet there are people trying to level up playing Hangmans Noose. Does this argument mean its a case closed GTa 4 was classic because you can find gamers still on it today? No, but it makes you ask yourself what is it about GTA 4 that has people still playing it. It dropped in Spring 2008. Its 2011, with 2 months to hit 2012. Are you kidding me?

Maybe the criticism is that its not the perfect game and the nitpicking is showing that. I'll buy that. But I just dont see how this game lacks being a classic. I dont see how its not near great. I guess people were really caught up inthe gang bangin, yo homeboy break yo self fool stuff San Andreas brought. Its like I listen to gangsta music, I see it on tv but now I get to be apart of it to a degree. I know I'm offbase but it just feels like for some people that really is the case.

Interesting points GOBB. I think San Andreas was a hip hop kids wet dream. It played up to pop culture references better than any other GTA game in the series.

GTA 4 was gritty. Its main character was an eastern european immigrant. Trying to find his way in a new country in search of that elusive "American" dream. While it's a better story it's a serious sequel to follow up from a popcorn flick of a game like San Andreas.

craigthomasb
10-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Not GTA 4, which is what we are discussing.

well its just an add on for the same game...

GOBB
10-26-2011, 10:50 AM
well its just an add on for the same game...

An add on that dropped a year later. Most of the GTA 4 complaining revolves around the main game. Not add ons.

ClutchBucketz
10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
I loaded up GTA 4 yesterday to jump on multiplayer. As the game loads the first thing that happened? My phone ringning. :roll: I sat there and laughed. That definately was an annoying part of the game. I wanted to throw the phone off a bridge.
Haha good to see i wasn't the only one.

Anyway onto the whole GTA 4 subject i think perhaps it was too realistic for me, and having to put cheats into a phone annoyed me aswell. I enjoyed san andreas because it felt like the era it was built around, and it was something that i could play without having to think a whole lot. You could drive around shoot some guys, run from the cops and then when you'd had enough you could get rid of them with a cheat.

I think having achievements to get also drew away from the storyline a little which probably didn't help. Just a lot of little things that kept the game from drawing me in like the previous ones.

Thorpesaurous
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Interesting points GOBB. I think San Andreas was a hip hop kids wet dream. It played up to pop culture references better than any other GTA game in the series.

GTA 4 was gritty. Its main character was an eastern european immigrant. Trying to find his way in a new country in search of that elusive "American" dream. While it's a better story it's a serious sequel to follow up from a popcorn flick of a game like San Andreas.

I think the cultural stuff is the wet dream in general. San Andreas was that 90s hip hop culture. Vice City captured the excessive 80s culture. It ties into soundtrack, allows for broadly stroked jokes, paradies of characters.

And I think that was the biggest mistake IV made, not tieing itself to a culture. The soundtrack even was a problem because of it. But it also forced it to lose some of it's humor. Otherwise the game is spectacular.

I just hope they get back to a cultrural parady of some kind.

Thorpesaurous
10-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Here's an article full of rumors from Game Informer. I will say that based on the cast of characters rumor from a previous casting call, it sounds like DC is a distinct possibility. Activists and Liberal Conspiracy Theorists.

[QUOTE]Quote:
There have been no shortage of rumors regarding a potential follow-up to Rockstar's critically acclaimed GTA IV, but today the developer officially announced the sequel on its website. It's time to take a look at the various rumors that have been swirling around the project for the past year and judge how likely they are to come to fruition.

Rumor #1: A Colorful Cast
The GTA series has always been known for its outrageous cast of characters, and we're sure GTA V will be no different. However a casting call for voice actors from earlier in the year provided a little more information about who we might see in the next game. Although the casting call didn't name GTA V specifically, one of the characters (a "man-boy love activist" named James Pedeaston) was featured on an in-game website in GTA IV. The same casting call details other characters that may end up in GTA V, including a liberal conspiracy theorist, a pre-teen boy advocating his right to drink alcohol and have sex, and a young female "obsessed with sex parties."

Another casting call for a game codenamed Rush is also believed to be for GTA V, though the evidence is less concrete. This list of characters includes an FBI agent caught between rival mafia families, a monk/cult leader/yoga teacher, a "neurotic soccer mom," and a "weed evangelist," among many others.

Likelihood: Probable
Not only is there solid evidence of at least the first casting call being true, but both lists of characters fit with the hallmark of Rockstar's writing: biting, politically-charged, and hilarious satire of life in America.

Rumor #2: Team Bondi Tech
This summer Team Bondi's Brendan McNamara stated in an interview that Rockstar might use MotionScan, the ground-breaking facial animation used in L.A. Noire, in GTA V. McNamara also stated Rockstar was "more than welcome to use MotionScan" for the project, suggesting that Team Bondi is open to another partnership, despite problems that arose during the development of L.A. Noire.

Likelihood: Poor
Not only did the original quote sound like wishful thinking on McNamara's part, but Team Bondi has faced no shortage of turmoil since the original story, including reports of the developer owing more than $1 million in unpaid wages to its employees, and news from earlier this month that the company is shutting down. There's no word yet as to what will happen to Team Bondi's MotionScan, but even if Rockstar did buy the tech in the liquidation of the company's assets, we doubt the studio will use it in GTA V.

Rumor #3: GTA V Goes Overseas
Various rumors on the internet have suggested that the next GTA will take place in an overseas location, with London and Tokyo being the top possibilities.

Likelihood: Fat Chance
At least not for GTA V. All of the rumors of the newly announced sequel taking place in an overseas location read more like wishful thinking than actual reporting. Additionally, Entertainment Weekly's recent interview with Dan Houser makes the possibility sound even more unlikely. When asked about another international edition of GTA, Houser had this to say: "We go backwards and forwards on it. There are very interesting crime stories and other stories you can tell about anyplace in the world. Whether that would work with Grand Theft Auto

$LakerGold
10-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Not GTA 4, which is what we are discussing.yes for GTA 4.. Check out the cheat codes for ballad of gay Tony.

GOBB
10-29-2011, 01:44 PM
yes for GTA 4.. Check out the cheat codes for ballad of gay Tony.

Ballad of Gay Tony was an add on. We're talkin about GTA 4 before the 2 DLCs dropped. There were alot of things in Gay Tony that wasnt in GTA 4, the main story. Are you following or will you reference Ballad of Gay Tony once more? I can not play as Niko Belic and meet Brucie so we can jump off a building with parachutes. Now if you're going to tell me about hacks and mods? Smack yourself.

DevilsAssassin
11-01-2011, 05:17 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

CelticBaller
11-01-2011, 10:52 PM
tomorrow at 12:00

Maniak
11-01-2011, 11:23 PM
tomorrow at 12:00
Like, noon? Or 40 minutes from now?

GOBB
11-01-2011, 11:25 PM

Noon and its eastern time.

Maniak
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Noon and its eastern time.
I won't see it until I get home from school, most likely.

Hopefully it isn't just like 30 seconds long or some BS like that.

CelticBaller
11-01-2011, 11:31 PM
noon ofc :lol

CelticBaller
11-01-2011, 11:32 PM
lol CT got hit hard by the storm

most schools/colleges are out without electricity

CeltsGarlic
11-02-2011, 05:49 AM
6 hours till trailer.I hope they gonna release it for PC.

Kobe Jnr
11-02-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm going to sleep. When I wake up, the trailer will be released.

Andrei89
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM
trailer in 3 minutes

CelticBaller
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM
3 minutes away

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

CeltsGarlic
11-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Min remaining

Rake2204
11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Looks like we're headed back to Los Angeles. This pleases me. The mountainous region looked spectacular.

CeltsGarlic
11-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Looked amazing, is this on PS3 and 360? Cause that is amazing.

craigthomasb
11-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Looks like we're headed back to Los Angeles. This pleases me. The mountainous region looked spectacular.

looks like theyve doe to san andreas what they did to liberty city in gta 4

should be pretty sweet, was still hoping for a completley new place but its GTA who cares!!!!

CelticBaller
11-02-2011, 12:12 PM
"why did I move here? i guess it was the weather"

lol i fvcking hate my stream

Rake2204
11-02-2011, 12:14 PM
looks like theyve doe to san andreas what they did to liberty city in gta 4

Yep, and I'm okay with that. I loved San Andreas as a location. Liberty City was very dense in GTA IV but limited in the sense that every part of the city was, well, city. A mega boost to the PS2 version of San Andreas could be out of this world. Beach, city, mountains, country, ghetto, Hollywood, I anticipate this title very much.

Kyle_korver
11-02-2011, 12:38 PM
I hope they bring back all the things San Andreas had .. Gta 4 even took out some of the cheats that are fun

CelticBaller
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211341p1.html
they trailer mainly showed los santos but apparently its the whole san andreas

PowerGlove
11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
If they have Claude, CJ and Tommy making cameos or being a huge part of the story I would buy just for the nostalgia.

Qwyjibo
11-02-2011, 02:31 PM
San Andreas was my favourite game in the series so I'm excited. I don't care if they are retreading a location. I trust GTA to have a very involving story, random fun stuff to do and if you've enjoyed the series so far, how could anyone not want to play this?

This is an instant pre-order for me.

El Kabong
11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
If they have Claude, CJ and Tommy making cameos or being a huge part of the story I would buy just for the nostalgia.
I'm pretty sure i've read GTA 3, VC and SA were their own trilogy and going forward GTA 4 was unrelated from those games. Same as how GTA 1 and 2 are separate from the GTA 3 era games.

GOBB
11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Hundreds of locations to choose from. And they've shown the ability to create amazing landscapes in games. Why San Andreas? I dont expect the game to be like San Andreas but we'll see familiar sites probably if people even remember San Andreas enough to compare. But it'll be much more detailed, broader than SA was back then. Like someone said Liberty City to GTA 4. Looks like the economy is going to be apart of the story. Seeing the homeless people, then seeing folks living the life, seeing a home being foreclosed it appeared, seeing a bank or jewlery robbery of some sort?

I wonder when this game will come out. Maybe not until next year. Isnt Rockstar putting out another game with Max Payne 3? I dont know how they go about dropping games. But that game will drop in March 2012. So I dont see them putting out GTA 5 early part of next year. Either next year this time or Bioshock 3 date ( :facepalm )

PowerGlove
11-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty sure i've read GTA 3, VC and SA were their own trilogy and going forward GTA 4 was unrelated from those games. Same as how GTA 1 and 2 are separate from the GTA 3 era games.
That's true, but I dont see why they would re-do a location where all of those guys live or had lived and they arent even the game. I thought by going back to San Andreas they decided against this one being unrelated. Plus, was their anything they could take other than gang names from GTA 1&2??? They didnt really have much character details or notable places.

Maniak
11-02-2011, 06:38 PM
This game looks cool. Disappoint with only a minute 30 though. Better than nothing.

craigthomasb
11-02-2011, 07:50 PM
i can see some characters showing up, it just want be gta not to, eg. CJ might be rich and will be retired and happens to be the next door neighbour of the new guy lol

$LakerGold
11-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Ballad of Gay Tony was an add on. We're talkin about GTA 4 before the 2 DLCs dropped. There were alot of things in Gay Tony that wasnt in GTA 4, the main story. Are you following or will you reference Ballad of Gay Tony once more? I can not play as Niko Belic and meet Brucie so we can jump off a building with parachutes. Now if you're going to tell me about hacks and mods? Smack yourself.

wtf, but its STILL part of the game....

$LakerGold
11-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Yo, CJ better make a cameo appearance in here...

I like what they had in the trailer, it feels complete... btw did anyone notice the first car they showed? I wish minds had condoms, cuz im being mind ****ed right now... THATS ****IN DOPE!

craigthomasb
11-03-2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/gta_5_trailer_clues_exposed.html

0.03 "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather. Or the... Ah, I don't know. That thing. That magic." Some people have suggested that our protagonist is Tommy Vercetti (due to the references to "retiring" - see below), but I'll wager a tenner that it isn't. That's not Ray Liotta's voice, for a start. And why would Vercetti move to San Andreas for "the weather"? He lives in sun-drenched Vice City.

0.06 Notice the dog on the beach. Not a big deal, but a first for the series nonetheless. Will we have to deal with guard dogs at some point?

0.18 He may not be Vercetti, but Our Guy sounds like he's an ex gangster - someone who wanted to retire from "what I was doing... that kind of work".

0.19 If I'm not mistaken, the branding on that jet-ski reads "Speedophile 2000".

0.30 If that's the "big house" our hero bought, he's got to already be a fairly wealthy guy. I'm convinced that money - greed and the economic downfall - will be a major theme of the game, so it'll be interesting to see how this affects the usual GTA "rags to riches" structure.

0.31 The road sign lists Little Seoul as a location, so expect Korean gangsters to make an appearance. Also, note that we've got a freeway to use. Between this and the mountain that appears earlier in the clip, you can be sure that we're going to get a wide variety of places to visit, San Andreas style.

0.36 Note the shredded poster for the store's "70 per cent off closing down" sale.

0.38 The skyscraper is being built by STD Contractors.

0.40 This is almost certainly the first glimpse of Our Guy. He's the same person leading the robbery five seconds later, and he can be spotted driving the car at 0.50.

0.41 Our Guy is talking about being a father, and says that his original dream involved "playing ball" with his kids, and "sitting in the sun". He also implies that this isn't the case now. It's a stretch, but this could mean that the Internet-obsessed teenager mentioned in the casting call is Our Guy's son.

0.42 That crop-duster more or less confirms that we'll get to fly planes this time around.

0.45 Another nice slogan, this time for Bugstars Pest Control: "We put the FU in fumigate." The van's license plate is registered to San Andreas, as if the setting were in dispute at this point.

0.51 - 0.55 A lot of people on the streets, followed by a house undergoing foreclosure. Make no mistake, this GTA 5 will be about the growing gap between the Haves and the Have-Nots. To emphasise the point, we have people living in tents at 0.59, followed by skyscrapers at 1.01.

0.58 The hobo's sign has been tactically smudged, but it appears to read: "Need money for beer, drugs [or possibly dex, as in dexedrine] and hooch. At least I'm not bullshitting you!"

1.01 The sign above the club appears to be advertising something called E.N.E.M.A. Lord knows what that is.

1.03 That blimp, seen here in the far left corner of the sky, makes several appearances in the trailer - including at the very end. Are we going to get in that thing?

http://www.nowgamer.com/siteimage/scale/0/0/301673.png

released 24/05/12?

If you're unsure of the significance of '2405' or the date 24 May how about this: the soundtrack to the GTA 5 trailer, 'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake' by Small Faces was originally released on 24 May 1968.

$LakerGold
11-03-2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/gta_5_trailer_clues_exposed.html

http://www.nowgamer.com/siteimage/scale/0/0/301673.png

released 24/05/12?

Interesting... but I think you guys are looking too much into the trailer... but who knows.

GOBB
11-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Ma Payne 3 comes out in March 2012. Would Rockstar put out another game 2 months later?

wtf, but its STILL part of the game....

Its apart of the ADD on which you have to upload whenever you want to play GTA 4. The main criticisms of GTA 4 with lack of parachutes went on for a year (before Ballad of Gay Tony) and even afterwards. The main game is where complaints came in, not add ons. Get a clue you idiot.

BlackJoker23
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Ma Payne 3 comes out in March 2012. Would Rockstar put out another game 2 months later?

Its apart of the ADD on which you have to upload whenever you want to play GTA 4. The main criticisms of GTA 4 with lack of parachutes went on for a year (before Ballad of Gay Tony) and even afterwards. The main game is where complaints came in, not add ons. Get a clue you idiot.
thats what people are predicting.

Grand Theft Auto 5 will release next summer, according to a number of industry analysts.

The debut trailer for the game launched yesterday but wasn't accompanied by a release date. Speaking to IndustryGamers, analysts said it could arrive as early as next June "to steal everyone's attention" before E3.

National Alliance Capital Markets' Mike Hickey said: "We believe Rockstar Games is modelling a four to six month marketing window for their upcoming GTA V release, suggesting a summer '12 launch period."

Wedbush Securities' Michael Pachter predicted: "Would guess it does pretty well when it launches in June. They want to steal everyone's attention, and will do so with a launch in front of E3."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/324831/gta-5-release-date-summer-2012-analysts/

Thorpesaurous
11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I read that there's an underlying theme of the Mayan End of the world prophecy. Not that it's in the main story or anything, but that it's talked about on the radio, the internet, the tv shows, newspapers, perhaps some random side missions that lampoon it in some way.

That made me think we could be looking at a year's wait. Have the game release for next November, a big window for AAA releases anyway being just before Christmas, and then the tie in will seem more current.

$LakerGold
11-03-2011, 03:11 PM

I get what your trying to say.. BUT ITS STILL PART OF THE GAME
It doesnt matter if it came late or not, ITS STILL GTA 4.

GOBB
11-03-2011, 03:15 PM
I get what your trying to say.. BUT ITS STILL PART OF THE GAME
It doesnt matter if it came late or not, ITS STILL GTA 4.

If you get what I'm trying to say then why are you even arguing?

It wasnt apart of GTA 4
It wasnt apart of Lost and Damned

1 add on it was apart of. That doesnt change the fact that the main story for GTA 4 which was doubled the hours of the expansions lacked things that people wanted. One being parachutes.

Your next reply should be "I follow :cheers: " and we move on.

Moving on, I didnt realize Ballad of Gay Tony had cheat codes. What kind and if you know how to enable them let me know.

step_back
11-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this came out in 2013. Game schedules never go to plan and a spring release date next year is far too soon.

Maniak
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Seeing the for sale sign, I wonder if they're adding mini stuff like owning houses? That'd be cool.

El Kabong
11-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Seeing the for sale sign, I wonder if they're adding mini stuff like owning houses? That'd be cool.
I think it'd be cool if there was like a real estate mogul side bit. You start off buying small residential properties and then slowly work your way up to bigger things like commercial buildings and then huge tower skyscrapers at the end.

GOBB
11-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I think it'd be cool if there was like a real estate mogul side bit. You start off buying small residential properties and then slowly work your way up to bigger things like commercial buildings and then huge tower skyscrapers at the end.

That would be sick. Wasnt one of the knocks on GTA 4 that you sat there with a ton of cash and nothing to spend it on?

Thorpesaurous
11-04-2011, 09:51 AM
That would be sick. Wasnt one of the knocks on GTA 4 that you sat there with a ton of cash and nothing to spend it on?

The money was strange in IV. I actually felt like it was a major issues early on. I remember randomly killing people just to save up a few bucks to buy clothes and other garbage. But once you did that bank heist mission with the Irish guys, you may as well have been given infinite money. It was never an issue again. Too the point where I was buying a new Bullet Proof Vest, and maxing out my ammo prior to saving before every mission. In the previous games, I would rarely spend money on weapons, and never on vests because I knew where they respawned all the time. In this one it just wasn't worth remembering.

$LakerGold
11-04-2011, 01:09 PM
The money was strange in IV. I actually felt like it was a major issues early on. I remember randomly killing people just to save up a few bucks to buy clothes and other garbage. But once you did that bank heist mission with the Irish guys, you may as well have been given infinite money. It was never an issue again. Too the point where I was buying a new Bullet Proof Vest, and maxing out my ammo prior to saving before every mission. In the previous games, I would rarely spend money on weapons, and never on vests because I knew where they respawned all the time. In this one it just wasn't worth remembering.
Your the first guy I know that doesn't use cheats.

Rake2204
11-05-2011, 07:47 PM
I didn't use them in IV either. I heard it could mess with completion % or became permanent or something strange like that. I didn't want to chance it.

GOBB
11-05-2011, 08:25 PM
I didn't use them in IV either. I heard it could mess with completion % or became permanent or something strange like that. I didn't want to chance it.

Yeah me either and lookin up the cheats. They are just to spawn vehicles. Big deal. I thought it did something else to help you achieve and achievement or completion of a mission or whatever. Heck atleast with San Andreas cheats you had infinite ammo, cash (which was useful), health etc etc.

Kobe Jnr
11-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Never used cheats in Gta IV.

Kobe Jnr
11-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Weird.. the GTA trailer isn't up on the Xbox marketplace..

Shadynasty's
11-06-2011, 01:58 PM
so excited for this

JohnnyWall
11-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Can you bang hookers in this one?

JohnnySic
11-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Using cheats takes all the challenge out of it. I dont use them until I beat a game legitimately. Then, its a free for all.

Thorpesaurous
11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Using cheats takes all the challenge out of it. I dont use them until I beat a game legitimately. Then, its a free for all.

I do the same thing.

Thorpesaurous
11-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah me either and lookin up the cheats. They are just to spawn vehicles. Big deal. I thought it did something else to help you achieve and achievement or completion of a mission or whatever. Heck atleast with San Andreas cheats you had infinite ammo, cash (which was useful), health etc etc.

Thinking about it, the money in Vice City also sort of became infinite once you bought up some properties. Anytime you got low you could just circle around to all the bars and clubs you owned and scoop up more than enough cash to do anything you wanted to.

JohnnySic
11-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Seems like in all these games, you start off hurting for money but soon enough have more than you know what to do with. That "gray area" in the middle is fleeting.

$LakerGold
11-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Whens the next trailer?