PDA

View Full Version : Is Derek fisher going to the hall of fame???

Kyle_korver
10-30-2011, 11:23 AM
I had to argue this with my friend.. He thinks since Derek fisher has 5 rings as a starter for the lakers n is the president of the player association he is definitely going... I dont agree cause his numbers suck balls.. I also don't think lakers are gonna retire his jersey

What you guys think????:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

chains5000
10-30-2011, 11:25 AM
No f*cking way

SunsCaptain
10-30-2011, 11:26 AM
haha no

Kyle_korver
10-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Exactly .. But it's people who really thinks he will Smh

Real Men Wear Green
10-30-2011, 11:33 AM
If he becomes a great coach or one of ABC/ESPN's primary analysts he might make it as a lifetime contributor. But saying he is based on player accomplishments alone is haha.

Meticode
10-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Uhhh, no. At most he'll get his number retired in L.A. if that.

PistonsFan#21
10-30-2011, 11:40 AM
5 rings speak for itself

L8kersfan222
10-30-2011, 11:43 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg6cd4r3er1qcmnsoo1_500.png
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jo0rv-fSdsI/R_HHy3SWfAI/AAAAAAAAAmg/mtzKCx1H8hM/s400/5.jpg

HylianNightmare
10-30-2011, 01:47 PM
note even close

ZenMaster
10-30-2011, 02:04 PM
If he becomes a great coach or one of ABC/ESPN's primary analysts he might make it as a lifetime contributor. But saying he is based on player accomplishments alone is haha.

Being a tv analyst holds the same merit as being a great coach?

Real Men Wear Green
10-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Being a tv analyst holds the same merit as being a great coach?
No, but it got Dick Vitale in (he was a coach, but not a good one). You throw in the 5 rings and maybe that gets Fisher in. But it's impossible if he doesn't stay in basketball in some significant way that keeps him in the public eye.

senelcoolidge
10-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Of course not and you don't get into the hall of fame just because you have rings. You can have zero rings and be a HOF'er. If Fisher gets into the hall of fame..than I guess half the league should get in.

DFish
10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Definitely not the HOF, but I think LA should retire his number after he and Kobe are gone from the league. Personally, I won't be able to think about Kobe and all of the finals they've been to without thinking about Fisher. He's been Kobe's number two and has had some great last-second shots and a lot of influence on important games' outcomes. And of course, the 5 rings. Only five L.A. Lakers own that many rings; no one has won more of them as a Laker.

Fisher and Kobe entered the league together in the 1996 draft, and they should leave together with their jerseys hanging from the Staples Center rafters. Just my 2 cents. :D

RRR3
10-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Definitely not the HOF, but I think LA should retire his number after he and Kobe are gone from the league. Personally, I won't be able to think about Kobe and all of the finals they've been to without thinking about Fisher. He's been Kobe's number two and has had some great last-second shots and a lot of influence on important games' outcomes. And of course, the 5 rings. Only five L.A. Lakers own that many rings; no one has won more of them as a Laker.

Fisher and Kobe entered the league together in the 1996 draft, and they should leave together with their jerseys hanging from the Staples Center rafters. Just my 2 cents. :D
Fisher has never been the second option :wtf:

Meticode
10-30-2011, 02:31 PM
If he's Kobe's number two, Kobe would have a number one then Kobe is Kobe, so Fisher would actually be number three, but even then I think he means along the lines of dependable. He's been Kobe's left-hand man for a while. Especially in the clutch.

Kyle_korver
10-30-2011, 02:31 PM

If fishers goes in the hall of fame they should just destroy it .. Can anyone even identify when he was in his prime????:facepalm

DFish
10-30-2011, 02:32 PM

By number two, I mean that he's been with Kobe and has been there to drain some clutch shots over the last 15 years.

Also, even though Fisher isn't a stat king, it doesn't mean he's without accomplishments. He has played in 209 career playoff games, the fourth highest total in NBA history and ahead of Scotty Pippen (208), Kobe Bryant (208), Magic Johnson (190) and Michael Jordan (179). He ranks 2nd all time in NBA Finals three-pointers made (43), behind former teammate Robert Horry. He has the highest 3-point FG % in NBA Finals history at 42.6%, and the NBA listed Fisher's "0.4 Shot" as the 18th-greatest playoff moment of all time.

RRR3
10-30-2011, 02:35 PM
By number two, I mean that he's been with Kobe and has been there to drain some clutch shots over the last 15 years.
Okay, gotcha. :cheers: I always forget that Fisher took a brief "hiatus" from the Lakers and was in Utah and Golden State iirc.

Inception28
10-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Nope. Lakers are more strict on jersey retirements. If he played for the Celtics and had the same accomplishments his jersey would probably be retired though.

cavsfanatic
10-30-2011, 02:51 PM
If he's Kobe's number two, Kobe would have a number one then Kobe is Kobe, so Fisher would actually be number three, but even then I think he means along the lines of dependable. He's been Kobe's left-hand man for a while. Especially in the clutch.
He has made clutch shots but he's never been a option. La never calls plays for him

d.bball.guy
10-30-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't think so. The best he'll probably get is LA retiring his number, but I don't see it coming until they retire Michael Cooper's.

DetroitPistonFan
10-30-2011, 04:22 PM
If Derek Fisher deserves to be in the Hall of Fame then Robert Horry and Steve Kerr deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Quite frankly, I think none of those guys deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

JGXEN
10-30-2011, 09:03 PM
He will get the Oscars before he gets into the HOF. Book it

DuMa
10-30-2011, 09:09 PM
robert horry has more a chance than fisher to get in. and robert horry doesnt have a chance at all

MeLO MvP 15
10-30-2011, 09:42 PM
If people debate whether Tony Parker and Chauncey will make it in, I can't see Fisher getting in unless he becomes a coach and is somewhat successful at it.

inclinerator
10-30-2011, 10:26 PM
only if he sacrafice is life to end the lockout

D.J.
10-30-2011, 10:31 PM
He has about as good a chance as me.

ihatetimthomas
10-30-2011, 11:02 PM

No, he wont be retired in LA. Its harder to get in the Lakers rafters than it is to the HOF. There are a lot of guys who were great role players who never got their jersey retired. Michael Cooper, Byron Scott, Kurt Rambis were all guys who made big contributions to the lakers but never were retired.

ClutchBucketz
10-30-2011, 11:13 PM
While others say the Lakers have stricter means for retiring a jersey and that has merit i wouldn't be surprised to see Derek's jersey retired right next to Kobe's when it's all said and done. I mean at the end of the day we're talking just about a whole career as one of Kobe's partners in the backcourt in which much success was had.

If and it's a big if Derek continues on a few more years and wins another championship alongside kobe then it certainly would help his cause.:cheers:

R.I.P.
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Why not? Most HOFs are open to the public, you buy a ticket. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Boxing, Rock

lilgodfather1
10-31-2011, 12:34 AM
Did Fisher win any Olympc medals, world champiohips? If he did then yes he will make the HOF, but if he didn't then there is no chance. The Basketball HOF is for more than just NBA accomplishments.

B
10-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Fisher is not going into the Hall of Fame as a player. He is not getting his jersey retired by the Lakers. That's silly talk

Rooster
11-01-2011, 03:24 AM

Nope Fish first clutch shot was the epic 0.4 second. Before that, I never even remember him making a very critical shot. It was always Kobe, Horry or Shaw. I remember Ron Harper made a huge basket too. The only thing that I can remember Fish did on the first 3 championship was the 3s he drained in Lakers mopping the floor with Spurs and his solid defense.

Rooster
11-01-2011, 03:29 AM
[QUOTE=B

knickswin
11-01-2011, 03:35 AM
Derek Fisher is one, if not the worst starting point guards in the league . . .

Rooster
11-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Derek Fisher is one, if not the worst starting point guards in the league . . .

At this point, Fish should be limited to 10-15 minutes. Usually teams are using him to abused the Lakers in pick and roll. He just doesn't have that leg to stay with quicker guys. Fish has been one of the worst defensive point guard in the last 4 years. Only his clutch baskets was able to made up for his defensive shortcomings. He just have the knack for making tough shots, most of them were momentum shots. However, when Fish was younger, he could stay in front of his man. He is not quick like Tyrone Lue but he can chased around pick and roll. Right now the only vest that Fish has defensively is flopping.

Cali Syndicate
11-01-2011, 04:33 AM
Derek Fisher is a HOF caliber player.

Saying it out loud doesn't sound right at all.