PDA

View Full Version : In New Book, Shaq Explains How Kobe

Doctor Rivers
10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
http://deadspin.com/5854904/in-new-book-shaq-explains-how-kobes-sexual-assault-charges-destroyed-the-lakers

Kobe stands up and goes face-to-face with me and says, "You always said you're my big brother, you'd do anything for me, and then this Colorado thing happens and you never even called me." I did call him. ... So here we are now, and we find out he really was hurt that we didn't stand behind him. That was something new. I didn't think he gave a rat's ass about us either way. "Well, I thought you'd publicly support me, at least," Kobe said. "You're supposed to be my friend."

Brian Shaw chimed in with "Kobe, why would you think that? Shaq had all these parties and you never showed up for any of them. We invited you to dinner on the road and you didn't come. Shaq invited you to his wedding and you weren't there. Then you got married and didn't invite any of us. And now you are in the middle of this problem, this sensitive situation, and now you want all of us to step up for you. We don't even know you." ...
Everyone was starting to calm down when I told Kobe, "If you ever say anything like what you said to Jim Gray ever again, I will kill you."

hahaha KoME

NewYorkNoPicks
10-31-2011, 02:50 PM
I never have been able to get a true grasp of Kobes personality. I never could figure out whether he himself just felt awkward or that people wouldnt understand him or if his isolation really was due to the fact that he just didnt give a shit about ppl lol.

SpecialQue
10-31-2011, 02:51 PM
You should have quoted the entire Kobe part. It's pretty fascinating:

"Here's Shaq, on the Kobe feud:

So I'm on edge because I don't have I don't have a new deal, and Kobe is on edge because he might be going to jail, so we're taking it out on each other. Just before the start of the '03-'04 season the coach staff called us in and said, "No more public sparring or you'll get fined." ... Phil was tired of it. Karl Malone and Gary Payton were sick of it. ... So what happens? Immediately after that Kobe runs right out to Jim Gray and does this interview where he lets me have it. He said I was fat and out of shape. He said I was milking my toe injury for more time off, and the injury wasn't even that serious. (Yeah, right. It only ended my damn career.) He said I was "lobbying for a contract extension when we have two Hall of Famers playing pretty much for free." I'm sitting there watching this interview and I'm gonna explode. Hours earlier we had just promised our coach we'd stop. It was a truce broken. I let the guys know, "I'm going to kill him."

Kobe stands up and goes face-to-face with me and says, "You always said you're my big brother, you'd do anything for me, and then this Colorado thing happens and you never even called me." I did call him. ... So here we are now, and we find out he really was hurt that we didn't stand behind him. That was something new. I didn't think he gave a rat's ass about us either way. "Well, I thought you'd publicly support me, at least," Kobe said. "You're supposed to be my friend."

Brian Shaw chimed in with "Kobe, why would you think that? Shaq had all these parties and you never showed up for any of them. We invited you to dinner on the road and you didn't come. Shaq invited you to his wedding and you weren't there. Then you got married and didn't invite any of us. And now you are in the middle of this problem, this sensitive situation, and now you want all of us to step up for you. We don't even know you." ...
Everyone was starting to calm down when I told Kobe, "If you ever say anything like what you said to Jim Gray ever again, I will kill you."

Kobe shrugged and said, "Whatever."
[...]
From that day on, I was done dealing with Kobe. I was done dealing with Jim Gray, too. What goes around, comes around. When he got fired, he actually had the nerve to call me and ask me to help him out. What, did you lose Kobe's number?

On Young Kobe, braggart and tattletale:

He was so young and so immature in some ways, but I can tell you this: everything Kobe is doing now, he told me all the way back then he was going to do it. We were sitting on the bus once and he told me, "I'm going to be the number one scorer for the Lakers, I'm going to win five or six championships, and I'm going to be the best player in the game." I was like, "Okay, whatever." Then he looked me right in the eye and said, "I'm going to be the Will Smith of the NBA."

My first Lakers season we had a couple of rookies, and we hazed them pretty badly. We were dogging them out constantly. It was "Go get my bags, go get me something to eat." It was kind of a rite of passage in the NBA that a lot of teams do, but we probably went a little too far with it. One of the rookies

catch24
10-31-2011, 02:56 PM
I can see why people think Kobe is socially awkward.

Yao Ming's Foot
10-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Pretty funny how Kobe is the "snitch" but Shaq is so hard up for money he couldn't wait to release a book. :oldlol:

Mr Clutch Melo
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
This gonna be good:bowdown:

DuMa
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
lol ratting out to jerry west. what a pu$$Y

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
lol@ people calling Kobe a snitch.

Do you guys honestly think Michael Jordan would do all those stupid things because he was a rookie. Heck no!

Great players don't fetch food or bags.

It's also funny that these guys said all those things to Kobe but now they are kissing his ass.

Thorn
10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
"I'm going to be the Will Smith of the NBA."

:no:

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/23/128666690788954794.jpg

Yao Ming's Foot
10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE]HESINGER: Your then teammate when you were with the Bulls, Scottie Pippen, was quoted as saying

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 03:27 PM
"You didn't come to my parties" :cry:

You have to remember that scrubs want to be apart of greatness. They want to be acknowledged by great ones. Shaq and Shaw just wanted to be apart of Kobe.

Shaw wanted to be close to greatness and Shaq wanted to be close so he can learn that legendary Kobe work ethic.

JM720
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
The transcript of Kobe Bryant's interview with ESPN's Jim Gray:

GRAY: What was your reaction to Shaq saying the Lakers are his team, and everybody knows it?

BRYANT: It doesn't matter whose team it is. Nobody cares. I don't, Karl [Malone] doesn't, Gary [Payton] doesn't, and our teammates and the fans don't either. There's more to life than whose team this is. But this is his team, so it's time for him to act like it. That means no more coming into camp fat and out of shape, when your team is relying on your leadership on and off the court. It also means no more blaming others for our team's failure, or blaming staff members for not overdramatizing your injuries so that you avoid blame for your lack of conditioning. Also, "my team" doesn't mean only when we win; it means carrying the burden of defeat just as gracefully as you carry a championship trophy.

GRAY: Do you consider Shaq to be a leader?
BRYANT: Leaders don't beg for a contract extension and negotiate some 30 million [dollars] plus per year deal in the media when we have two future Hall of Famers playing here pretty much for free. A leader would not demand the ball every time down the floor when you have the three of us [Malone, Payton, Bryant] playing beside you, not to mention the teammates you have gone to war with for years -- and, by the way, then threaten not to play defense and rebound if you don't get the ball every time down the floor.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/2yllfzo.gif
Years later its still burning Shaq's soul.

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 03:33 PM

GRAY: What was your reaction to Shaq saying the Lakers are his team, and everybody knows it?

BRYANT: It doesn't matter whose team it is. Nobody cares. I don't, Karl [Malone] doesn't, Gary [Payton] doesn't, and our teammates and the fans don't either. There's more to life than whose team this is. But this is his team, so it's time for him to act like it. That means no more coming into camp fat and out of shape, when your team is relying on your leadership on and off the court. It also means no more blaming others for our team's failure, or blaming staff members for not overdramatizing your injuries so that you avoid blame for your lack of conditioning. Also, "my team" doesn't mean only when we win; it means carrying the burden of defeat just as gracefully as you carry a championship trophy.

BRYANT: Leaders don't beg for a contract extension and negotiate some 30 million [dollars] plus per year deal in the media when we have two future Hall of Famers playing here pretty much for free. A leader would not demand the ball every time down the floor when you have the three of us [Malone, Payton, Bryant] playing beside you, not to mention the teammates you have gone to war with for years -- and, by the way, then threaten not to play defense and rebound if you don't get the ball every time down the floor.

there is more truth to what Kobe is saying than what others are saying about him.

we don't know how kobe is socially and we don't know what goes on in his private life as explained by Shaq and others.

But what we do know is that we have witnessed all the things Kobe has said about Shaq.

There is truth.

rodman91
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Will Smith of NBA... :oldlol:

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Kobe's more like 2Pac of the NBA....one of the greatest of all time and loved by many and hated by man....http://5f.img.v4.skyrock.net/5f8/tupac-vivant/pics/1147864790_small.jpg

Vienceslav
10-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Will Smith of NBA... :oldlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4&ob=av2e
Yeah , probably not. :D
Also the ,,I am going to kill you,, part seems cool. :roll:

PJR
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
I wonder if Shaq mentions when Kobe dry snitched on him?

DuMa
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Kobe's more like 2Pac of the NBA....one of the greatest of all time and loved by many and hated by man....http://5f.img.v4.skyrock.net/5f8/tupac-vivant/pics/1147864790_small.jpg

and soon to be killed by a fat guy

G-Funk
10-31-2011, 03:58 PM
The NBA is full of ****

SCdac
10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
lol both these guys seemed like douches. I wouldn't trust either of em.

DirtySanchez
10-31-2011, 04:27 PM
These guys just didn't like each other.

I had a friend back in the Day got invited on the Lakers team bus to get an autograph from Shaq (Kobe's rookie season). He said when they where on the bus Shaq and all the players where talking crap about Kobe (the rookie). Calling him a lil punk spoon fed kid etc. etc.

So my point is the relationship was just spoiled from the start.
Some guys just do not click well together. Does not mean they can't win titles and do all the great things they have did.

But at this point to pick a side between the two etc. is really pointless and is done to push somebodies agenda on either player.

It was BOTH of their faults you can say. But really...fault for what?
Winning three titles in a row? This duo did great things together and that has not been matched since. Closes one was...Kobe and Gasol.

So all the BS fighting etc. All that happened only proves one thing....you do not have to be the best of friends to work with each other and do great things.

AlphaWolf24
10-31-2011, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=SpecialQue]You should have quoted the entire Kobe part. It's pretty fascinating:

"Here's Shaq, on the Kobe feud:

So I'm on edge because I don't have I don't have a new deal, and Kobe is on edge because he might be going to jail, so we're taking it out on each other. Just before the start of the '03-'04 season the coach staff called us in and said, "No more public sparring or you'll get fined." ... Phil was tired of it. Karl Malone and Gary Payton were sick of it. ... So what happens? Immediately after that Kobe runs right out to Jim Gray and does this interview where he lets me have it. He said I was fat and out of shape. He said I was milking my toe injury for more time off, and the injury wasn't even that serious. (Yeah, right. It only ended my damn career.) He said I was "lobbying for a contract extension when we have two Hall of Famers playing pretty much for free." I'm sitting there watching this interview and I'm gonna explode. Hours earlier we had just promised our coach we'd stop. It was a truce broken. I let the guys know, "I'm going to kill him."

Kobe shrugged and said, "Whatever."
[...]
From that day on, I was done dealing with Kobe. I was done dealing with Jim Gray, too. What goes around, comes around. When he got fired, he actually had the nerve to call me and ask me to help him out. What, did you lose Kobe's number?

On Young Kobe, braggart and tattletale:

He was so young and so immature in some ways, but I can tell you this: everything Kobe is doing now, he told me all the way back then he was going to do it. We were sitting on the bus once and he told me, "I'm going to be the number one scorer for the Lakers, I'm going to win five or six championships, and I'm going to be the best player in the game." I was like, "Okay, whatever." Then he looked me right in the eye and said, "I'm going to be the Will Smith of the NBA."

My first Lakers season we had a couple of rookies, and we hazed them pretty badly. We were dogging them out constantly. It was "Go get my bags, go get me something to eat." It was kind of a rite of passage in the NBA that a lot of teams do, but we probably went a little too far with it. One of the rookies

DirtySanchez
10-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah I heard stories about Jordan and Kareem being a-holes as well.
It took Jordan time to warm up and Kareem is still disliked by many on the DL in the NBA.

Never heard stories like that with Bird and Magic though.

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 04:41 PM
we should rehash that thread with all those MJ quotes he said about his team.

It's an alpha male personality that all great players have. Shaq isn't an alpha at all.

DFish
10-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Have you guys read the investigation transcripts between Kobe and the detectives?

That was some funny shit :oldlol:

WillyJakk
10-31-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't see how these guys (posters included) never take into account that Kobe was an 18 yr old kid coming straight outta high school in a League full of men (mid 20's to 30's) and also to a storied franchise like the Lakers that was full of tradition/ history.

I'm positive Kobe had a VERY DIFFERENT IMPRESSION of what "the NBA" was all about then he goes to a team where the starting SG (Eddie Jones) doesn't like him simply because he knows Kobe is there to replace him and Shaq (my dude) is trying to let the League and the team (Lakers) know that it's HIS team (and soon to be League) and they should bow down to him.

Not to mention Nick Van Exel was like "while y'all 2 goin' at it, on the low I'm the real big time player here but y'all don't recognize it" while Robert Horry quietly was like "I got 2 rings, I'm just here to play".

Way too many young ego's and that Lakers team and it was destined to fail.

Fast forward to the end of that era and the damage was too far gone, Kobe & Shaq were too far in it to truly reconcile until they matured more, unfortunately that would be too late.

gasolina
10-31-2011, 05:16 PM
In B4 Lebron and his BFF's magically enter this thread :oldlol:

In any case, why do people justify Kobe's actions with Jordan's? I'm pretty sure a lot of people won while getting along with their teammates off the court, even while acting like complete d-bags to the other team.

This feels like 2006 all over again.

L8k3r5
10-31-2011, 05:19 PM
I can see why people think Kobe is socially awkward.
I don't think Kobe is socially awkward. I've seen him on Jimmy Kimmel and George Lopez. Dude is pretty sociable.

KevinNYC
10-31-2011, 06:20 PM
I don't think Kobe is socially awkward. I've seen him on Jimmy Kimmel and George Lopez. Dude is pretty sociable.

Can anyone here imagine being on a basketball team and not inviting other players to your wedding?

B
10-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Not many people would stack up to Kobe's version of being dedicated so Shaq shouldn't take it too personal he's in some good company. Both played a role, just surprised Shaq still has the itch that needs to be scratched, just makes him look like a little b***h whose still mad somebody took his cookies. Kobe's moved on Shaq should too

RRR3
10-31-2011, 06:33 PM
The Lakers with Kobe and Shaq and Phil Jackson has movie written all over it. :lol

Deuce Bigalow
10-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Kobe didnt invite any of his teammates to his wedding :oldlol:

eldanielfire
10-31-2011, 06:52 PM

What a douche!

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 06:52 PM
who invites co-workers to their wedding anyways.

nobody likes their co-workers.

Deuce Bigalow
10-31-2011, 06:54 PM
who invites co-workers to their wedding anyways.

nobody likes their co-workers.

were talking about teammates
That was a big time dick move by Kobe

Deuce Bigalow
10-31-2011, 06:55 PM
The Lakers with Kobe and Shaq and Phil Jackson has movie written all over it. :lol

they need to make a 30 for 30 on it or something

Dave3
10-31-2011, 07:01 PM
I actually agree. When he was on Kimmel he seemed like a really cool guy talking about his teammates (after the 2010 championship). Seems to be a lot of conflicting reports though. He may be friendly just with low social awareness. I know a few people like that where they don't mean anything wrong but end up making a douche move. But yeah, from that interview he seemed very sociable actually.

Jasper
10-31-2011, 07:01 PM
The fued between Shaq and Kobe ... might be one of the worst cases in NBA history ... for the simple fact if they would of got along they could of possibly had 6 straight championships.

I am not picking sides , but I saw many a dumb plays on the court , when someone was standing open on the low block or when coaches were beyond their selves in regards to team unity.

It's history. who really cares :confusedshrug:

catch24
10-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Can anyone here imagine being on a basketball team and not inviting other players to your wedding?

Yeah, the whole beef is just weird. While I can see Shaquille's pov (kobe snitching on him, dude being totally distant not going to any of his invites and/or social events, etc), he really needs to move on. They already 'squashed' this years ago..and now, here we are again, talking about the same crap (and a bit of revisionist history at that).

There's always two sides though (I encourage everyone to read the quotes, especially the bolded):

“What surprised me about Shaquille during our early days in Los Angeles was how frustrated he got,” said former Lakers GM Jerry West. “He was not fun to be around. The shortcomings of our team and his teammates made him angry because he knew he was going to be judged on how much we won.”

How angry? Just months before Jackson arrived, O’Neal had slapped Bryant during a pickup game at the Laker practice facility.

“It would not be forgotten,” former Laker guard Derek Fisher said of the incident. When Jackson and his coaching staff began work in Los Angeles, they were caught off guard by O’Neal’s level of animosity toward Bryant. “There was a lot of hatred in his heart,” Tex Winter said of O’Neal. “he would speak his mind in our team meetings. He was saying really hateful things. Kobe just took it and kept going.

We don’t think it’s any secret that Shaq can be extremely petty, especially when it comes to Kobe. That said, we’re sure Kobe deserved the slapping. Having witnessed the unfolding behind-the-scenes drama over five years, Lakers owner Jerry Buss [told Coach Phil Jackson] his services would no longer be needed.

Stunned, Jackson abruptly changed his approach with Bryant. Suddenly, the coach began trying to have a relationship with Bryant, Winter said. And Bryant responded in kind.

“But it was too late,” Winter said. Buss had made up his mind. Jackson had to go. And the owner had no desire to meet O’Neal’s demands for a lengthy extension on his $30 million plus a year contract. So the Lakers traded him to Miami (where O’Neal would later meekly agree to play for $20 million a season). As he was cleaning out his office, a jilted Jackson did his best to portray Bryant as the villain in the breakup of the team, and soon that perception became the reality, simply because so many people believed it. Jackson made sure of it, phoning reporters as he drove from Los Angeles to his summer home in Montana. He dialed up columnists and radio talk shows to offer his version of events. Sports columnists everywhere who had no idea why the Lakers had fallen apart simply began reporting as fact that Bryant had schemed to make it happen.

Despite the blame game Jackson was playing so deftly, he would later admit the truth. Despite all his success in Los Angeles, he had failed in his handling of Bryant. And that was one of several factors in the breakup of a very successful team.

“in the final analysis, it’s the coach’s responsibility to manage the team in the proper manner and not have those things happen,” Winter said.

It was simply a huge mistake to not keep Bryant in the loop, Winter said. “I think Phil realizes that now.” We don’t think anyone has ever painted Phil Jackson as being totally innocent – the man makes a show of manipulating his players through the media often. This level of deception, though? Simply to cover his own ass? Jackson and Bryant finally had that first serious meeting at Laker offices in July. According to Winter, Bryant wasted no time in making his feelings known about certain things Jackson had done to him. It was first step in the two trying to re-establish some sort of trust.

Jackson had endured a similar meeting several years earlier. In 1991, Jackson had served as an anonymous source for Sam Smith’s explosive expose, The Jordan Rules, a book that infuriated both Bulls GM Jerry Krause and Jordan for its unflattering portrait of them.

Seeing their anger, Jackson blamed the anonymous leak on his mentor and assistant coach, Johnny Bach, a sweet old guy and basketball lifer. Eventually, Krause, Jackson and the Bulls fired Bach for “leaking” the Jordan Rules info, although they never explained that. He had a heart attack in the weeks after his devastating release. In 1998, Jackson’s treachery became known, and sometime later Bach and Jackson had a meeting. Bach wouldn’t reveal what he said to Jackson in the meeting that day, although the elderly coach said he made it clear what he thought of Jackson’s lowdown ways

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2005/09/shaq_slapped_kobe_but_good.html
http://www.amazon.com/Show-Inside-Spectacular-Angeles-Lakers/dp/B002ECEG5W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320102028&sr=8-2

Some interesting stuff. Most of the excerpts are from the book, 'The Show' (published during the 2005-2006 season). A lot of testimonials from West, Buss and Tex Winter...people who don't have an agenda.

talkingconch
10-31-2011, 07:25 PM

lmfao where is this gif from

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-31-2011, 07:27 PM
lmfao where is this gif from

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61EYTV9XQDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

B
10-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Need to find a schedule but I think the reason no Lakers were at his wedding was because the playoffs started the next day or the season just ended and they had a short turnaround. Jackson had ripped Kobe up and down in front of everyone for having his wedding at that time. Don't know if that's true but I read that in one of the books covering the Lakers in that time period. Kobe's parents were also not at the wedding because they didn't approve of Vanessa

Deuce Bigalow
10-31-2011, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=B

The_Yearning
10-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Lmao Kobe went and told Jerry West how the team was hazing him... c'mon man. Doesn't matter how much street hunger you have, that was straight b!tchmade!

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Lmao Kobe went and told Jerry West how the team was hazing him... c'mon man. Doesn't matter how much street hunger you have, that was straight b!tchmade!

you think Michael Jordan, Wilt, kareem, magic and bird would take that crap too?

Alphas don't take that nonsense.

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Also, hazing is considered illegal and is banned in all major sports including down to the academical level where it's not tolerated in the NCAA or your local educational institutions.

Rooster
10-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Kobe is alienated himself from the beginning. I think the problem was he wanted to be the leader but he was in a team with Shaq and full of veterans. No one will take orders from him so wanted to lead by example. He worked hard and everyone knows he was a gym rat. Shaq was a jealous guy too, everyone loves Kobe in the beginning and just like Penny, he felt slighted from what attention Kobe got. Before Shaq went to the Lakers, people from Orlando voted if Shaq was worth to keep it and they voted against it. He was really pissed about that and Penny.

Shaq punked Kobe from the beginning. He does not want another Penny. The only reason that kept them together was winning. I knew if Shaq stayed with the Lakers, Kobe would have sign with the Clippers. At that time he already made the Clips aware of his intention. The Clips even put a big cap to sign Kobe to a max. The Shaq trade came as a surprise but I knw Buss has to pick one and it would be Kobe. Young player who worked hard. He gambled and he won.

kurple
10-31-2011, 08:32 PM

What the ****?

2pac was a poet

Kobe is and were a douche

ballup
10-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Also, hazing is considered illegal and is banned in all major sports including down to the academical level where it's not tolerated in the NCAA or your local educational institutions.
Hazing still happens in the NBA. Rookies still carry the vet's gear and they have to make runs for them.

StarJordan
10-31-2011, 08:59 PM
kobe and shaq both suck....both are/were major league douchebags.....it was like wilt and allen iverson on the same team....*** off shaq *** off kobe

Jacks3
10-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Y

Godbe. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

9erEmpire
10-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Hazing still happens in the NBA. Rookies still carry the vet's gear and they have to make runs for them.

you mean the scrubs do that.

mj, magic, kareem and kobe don't do those things.

ballup
10-31-2011, 09:13 PM

Unless the rookie is an immediate star or if he is one of the best players on the team, he don't get any protection from hazing. Those greats still probably got some minor hazing done to them.

DuMa
10-31-2011, 09:29 PM

you mean rookie of the years dont get hazed.

Premeditated
10-31-2011, 09:34 PM
to be fair, he didn't invite his parents nor his sisters neither.

Fatal9
10-31-2011, 09:36 PM
werent there weird circumstances surrounding kobe's wedding? his family wasnt there or something, most people he knew were telling him not to get married so he did it really low key? theres always two sides to a story, though young kobe was definitely a punk.

also....

We were sitting on the bus once and he told me, "I'm going to be the number one scorer for the Lakers, I'm going to win five or six championships, and I'm going to be the best player in the game." I was like, "Okay, whatever." Then he looked me right in the eye and said, "I'm going to be the Will Smith of the NBA."

:bowdown:

Deuce Bigalow
10-31-2011, 09:46 PM
to be fair, he didn't invite his parents nor his sisters neither.

I heard that his parents didn't go because they didn't approve of Vennesa, not because he didn't invite them

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-31-2011, 09:50 PM
I heard that his parents didn't go because they didn't approve of Vennesa, not because he didn't invite them

That's right. Lord Godbe's relationship with his parents got a little sour during his marriage but it defrosted a little once his first daughter was born.

He and Shaq's kids were born pretty close together too.

Doranku
10-31-2011, 09:56 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This is why I don't understand how people can have absolutely no respect for Kobe as a basketball player. For an 18 year old kid to say this with the ultimate confidence and then work his way to making it a reality... how can you call yourself a basketball fan if you don't appreciate that kind of drive and determination?

RRR3
10-31-2011, 09:59 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This is why I don't understand how people can have absolutely no respect for Kobe as a basketball player. For an 18 year old kid to say this with the ultimate confidence and then work his way to making it a reality... how can you call yourself a basketball fan if you don't appreciate that kind of drive and determination?
Because he isn't a particularly likeable person? IDGAF how he acts really (I used to, realized it was stupid tho), just saying what a lot of people think of him.

Doranku
10-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Because he isn't a particularly likeable person? IDGAF how he acts really (I used to, realized it was stupid tho), just saying what a lot of people think of him.

Reread my post. I said strictly as a basketball player. Obviously he's not very likable to a lot personality wise, but how can you hate on the guy's basketball ability?

RRR3
10-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Reread my post. I said strictly as a basketball player. Obviously he's not very likable to a lot personality wise, but how can you hate on the guy's basketball ability?
Same reason people hate on LeBron/Jordan/Wilt/Wade or any other great player who is somewhat controversial. Plus, particularly in Kobe and LeBron's cases, it's a mob mentality IMO.

Jacks3
10-31-2011, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=SpecialQue]Y

kentatm
10-31-2011, 10:16 PM
sounds more to me like Shaq was a prick from the start and it ended up blowing up in his face by the end of his Lakers tenure.

and :roll: to Shaq whining about getting called out for coming into camp fat, out of shape, and dogging it b/c of "injuries" when IT WAS ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

He once gave the Lakers the excuse of "if I get hurt on the job I’ll heal on the job" for why he delayed needed surgery until the beginning of training camp.

Kobe may be a full of himself, distant, dickish, socially inept person, but Shaq is no better as a petty, lazy, vindictive, spiteful, man child who blames everyone else for his shortcomings. Hell, even in his retirement interviews he came across as a self involved brat.

DuMa
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=kentatm]sounds more to me like Shaq was a prick from the start and it ended up blowing up in his face by the end of his Lakers tenure.

and :roll: to Shaq whining about getting called out for coming into camp fat, out of shape, and dogging it b/c of "injuries" when IT WAS ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

He once gave the Lakers the excuse of "if I get hurt on the job I

rodman91
10-31-2011, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=kentatm]sounds more to me like Shaq was a prick from the start and it ended up blowing up in his face by the end of his Lakers tenure.

He once gave the Lakers the excuse of "if I get hurt on the job I

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Yet he gave 3 championships in 8 year.:bowdown:

And Kobe gave 5 :bowdown:

RRR3
10-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Shaq is better.

Jasper
10-31-2011, 10:28 PM
If man is an island = Kobe is iceland

freezin' out his teammates and his family :cheers:

Deuce Bigalow
10-31-2011, 10:29 PM
If man is an island = Kobe is iceland

freezin' out his teammates and his family :cheers:

:oldlol:

rodman91
10-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Fisher gave 5 as well :bowdown:

catch24
10-31-2011, 10:34 PM
Kobe may have been a dickhead (probably still is), but Shaq is an insecure bully. Slapping Kobe at practice? Calling him an overprivileged brat as a rook? I got mad respect for his game (MDE for sure)..but he's burned bridges EVERYWHERE he's been it seems. First with Penny...then Kobe..even Wade. The guy just has a really soft ego.

*sits back..and chews snickers*

vincentda
10-31-2011, 10:42 PM
If you all even knew half of the story about the Laker's drama. People always make it out to be Shaq and Kobe but Shaq was the only person that was vocal to the media about Kobe.

I had a Laker tell me after their 2nd championship against the Nets they had a private party and Kobe just wanted to chill with his wife and not talk to the other players. One of his teammates kids came up to Kobe for an autograph and Kobe turned him down.

Also the Jim Grey interview was bad but Shaq really wanted to kill him when Kobe was crying to the police about not knowing what pre ejaculation was or how Shaq pays off women.

I'm a big Kobe as a player fan but every teammate of his will tell you the same that he's an amazing talent but he's the biggest dick in the league. The public perception of Shaq or atleast to many young basketball fans is Shaq is this hated ex teammate but he's actually one of the most liked athletes in sports by other athletes and celebs.

SpecialQue
10-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Kobe may have been a dickhead (probably still is), but Shaq is an insecure bully. Slapping Kobe at practice? Calling him an overprivileged brat as a rook? I got mad respect for his game (MDE for sure)..but he's burned bridges EVERYWHERE he's been it seems. First with Penny...then Kobe..even Wade. The guy just has a really soft ego.

Has Shaq EVER left a team on good terms? The Cavs maybe?

Can't really pick a side on this issue...it's like having to choose between licking a cow's ass or making out with your grandma.

RRR3
10-31-2011, 10:43 PM

Didn't Shaq get along with LeBron and Steve Nash?

catch24
10-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Has Shaq EVER left a team on good terms? The Cavs maybe? Can't really pick a side on this issue...it's like having to choose between licking a cow's ass or making out with your grandma.

Them and the Celtics are the only few that come to mind. :oldlol:

And ya, I'm not picking sides here either. Just calling it like I see it. The both of them were Grade A jackasses.

catch24
10-31-2011, 10:47 PM

Yeah, he said Lebron was one of his favorite teammates. Thats pretty telling considering dude was only there for a season?? Him and Penny feuded though. Wade threw a couple jabs at Shaq too.

RRR3
10-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah, he said Lebron was one of his favorite teammates. Thats pretty telling considering dude was only there for a season?? Him and Penny feuded though. Wade threw a couple jabs at Shaq too.
LeBron seems like a chill guy despite what many claim. :pimp:

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Them and the Celtics are the only few that come to mind. :oldlol:

And ya, I'm not picking sides here either. Just calling it like I see it. The both of them were Grade A jackasses.

I saw a quote a long time ago where he was ragging on Mo Williams :oldlol:

But I think he left the Celtics with no problems.

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Fisher gave 5 as well :bowdown:

Exactly :cheers:

The Iron Fist
10-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Shaq got along so good with Nash, he stole his idea for Pros Vs Joes.

StacksOnDeck
10-31-2011, 11:14 PM
It's clear Shaq exagerrated stories or even made them up to sell his book. Using Kobe's name to stay relevant. What a joke.

Reverend Hoops
10-31-2011, 11:23 PM
I never have been able to get a true grasp of Kobes personality. I never could figure out whether he himself just felt awkward or that people wouldnt understand him or if his isolation really was due to the fact that he just didnt give a shit about ppl lol.

Just seems introverted to me. Not socially awkward. He does well in interviews and conversations. He just plays ball and goes home seems like it.

longtime lurker
10-31-2011, 11:26 PM
I find it absolutely hilarious that these two guys hated each other but still managed to win 3 straight championships together.

KingMichael23
10-31-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't see how these guys (posters included) never take into account that Kobe was an 18 yr old kid coming straight outta high school in a League full of men (mid 20's to 30's) and also to a storied franchise like the Lakers that was full of tradition/ history.

I'm positive Kobe had a VERY DIFFERENT IMPRESSION of what "the NBA" was all about then he goes to a team where the starting SG (Eddie Jones) doesn't like him simply because he knows Kobe is there to replace him and Shaq (my dude) is trying to let the League and the team (Lakers) know that it's HIS team (and soon to be League) and they should bow down to him.

Not to mention Nick Van Exel was like "while y'all 2 goin' at it, on the low I'm the real big time player here but y'all don't recognize it" while Robert Horry quietly was like "I got 2 rings, I'm just here to play".

Way too many young ego's and that Lakers team and it was destined to fail.

Fast forward to the end of that era and the damage was too far gone, Kobe & Shaq were too far in it to truly reconcile until they matured more, unfortunately that would be too late.
Actually, from what I hear, Eddie Jones got love for Kobe. They're close friends. They known each other since Eddie was at Temple University.

Jacks3
10-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Shaq is better.
At being a douche? Yes.

KingMichael23
10-31-2011, 11:35 PM
Depends on what kinda hazing though. Shaq probably took it too far.

G-Funk
10-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Actually, from what I hear, Eddie Jones got love for Kobe. They're close friends. They known each other since Eddie was at Temple University.
I think they are cousins

KingMichael23
10-31-2011, 11:41 PM
LeBron, I don't think i've heard any beef. As for Steve Nash, Nash hates Shaq cause he stole his ideas about a TV show he wanted to do I think and wanted Shaq traded cause the Suns sucked in '08 and '09.

chazzy
10-31-2011, 11:48 PM
On Riley:

My ticket out of Miami was punched in mid-February 2008. There was a lot of tension between Pat and the players. So we're about to start practice and Jason Williams comes in about ten seconds late. Pat being Pat, he starts swearing at him and screaming, "Get the hell out of here!"...

I tell Pat we're a team and we need to stick together, not throw guys out of the gym. Pat is screaming at me and says if I don't like it, then I should get the hell out of practice, too.

That's when I said, "Why don't you make me?"

I start taking a couple of steps towards Pat. Udonis Haslem steps in and I shove him out of the way. Then Zo tries to grab me. I threw him aside like he was a rag doll. Now it's me and Riley face-to-face, jaw to jaw. I'm poking him in the chest and he keeps slapping my finger away and it's getting nasty. Noisy, too. He's yelling "**** you!" and I'm yelling back, "No, **** you!"

Zo is trying to calm us both down and he has this kind of singsong panic in his voice. He keeps saying, "Big fella, no big fella, big fella!" I finally turn around and tell him, "Don't worry, I'm not going to hit the man. Do you think I'm crazy?"

The Iron Fist
10-31-2011, 11:51 PM
On Riley:

Typical bully behavior.

nayte
11-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Have you guys read the investigation transcripts between Kobe and the detectives?

That was some funny shit :oldlol:

Haha..yep I read the transcipts.I can't blame the girl for not wanting his Jizz all over her face..

AlphaWolf24
11-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Snack has feuded with teammates and burned bridges with every team he's been on...meanwhile all the stars want to play with Kobe...

clearly Snack has some major issues and his mental fortitude and work ethic clearly reflects this...

Kobe 4 The Win
11-01-2011, 12:53 AM
I think that both of these guys have valid gripes against each other. what Kobe said to Jim Gray was right on the money. This shit happens all the time on teams. The only reason it's such a big deal is because of how talented both of them were and that they played for the Lakers. They still accomplished a lot together. I'm way over this shit. It's somewhat interesting and I'll probably read Shaq's book but it's in the past. They both moved on and won championships. I love both of these guys.

amfirst
11-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Personally, from reading the story. I wouldn't blame Kobe. Getting hazed and Shaq plus teammates talking sh137 about u all the time. It suggests a crappy relationship from the get go. I sure as hell wouldn't invite any sh137 talkers to my wedding. Sometimes u just got to put yourself in other people's point of view to see the truth.

The_Yearning
11-01-2011, 01:20 AM

Steve Nash never liked Shaq... he never wanted Shaq in Phoenix.

MrRogers
11-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Haha..yep I read the transcipts.I can't blame the girl for not wanting his Jizz all over her face..

Pure comedy. Kobe was soooo horny that night. :lol

Kobe Bryant - "That's when I asked if I could *** in her face, she said no

Detective - "So you like to *** in your partner's face?"

Kobe Bryant -" That's my thing, not always, so I stopped. Jesus Christ man"

chazzy
11-01-2011, 01:57 AM

hahah that last line always gets me

L8k3r5
11-01-2011, 02:01 AM
It doesn't make him socially awkward. He's probably just private.

L8k3r5
11-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Shaq is better.
:no:

Haymaker
11-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Kobe is an anti-social diva. Shaq a jealous bully. Maybe they're homosexual and their relationship went sour when Kobe asked Shaq to commit.

bdreason
11-01-2011, 03:32 AM
I respect both of these players immensely for their Basketball talents and achievements... but they both seem like total douche-bags.

Rooster
11-01-2011, 03:35 AM
Kobe is an anti-social diva. Shaq a jealous bully. Maybe they're homosexual and their relationship went sour when Kobe asked Shaq to commit.

Spurs were lucky, they hated each other. If they got along, it would have been more rings for the Lakers and less ring for the Spurs.

nayte
11-01-2011, 04:04 AM

Ha..yep I lost count of how many times i cracked up while reading those transcripts.
I wasn't sure if he was playing dumb or wot in that interview..

zass
11-01-2011, 04:25 AM

LOL, can't wait for detective's new book.

blacknapalm
11-01-2011, 05:13 AM
i thought this was going to be about kobe snitching on shaq paying girls off. lol @ those transcripts...will never get old.

anyway, what could have been. both were at fault and did major damage to each other

knightfall88
11-01-2011, 05:35 AM
LeBron seems like a chill guy despite what many claim. :pimp:

yes I noticed in the finals

RRR3
11-01-2011, 08:00 AM
yes I noticed in the finals
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7591/pacsmoking.gif

Beatlezz
11-01-2011, 08:16 AM

http://i43.tinypic.com/35813dg.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/2n0kjr.png

:roll: :roll: :roll:

monkeypox
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
The wedding thing, I remember there was a rumor that Kobe got Vanessa pregnant after boning her when she was 17 or something like that. (Kobe was probably 18-19 at the time.) His family was super against the marriage so basically no one was invited to the whole thing. Not much after the wedding Kobe was reported to have been called away from a practice or a game or something because of an emergency, and rumors at the time was that they lost the baby.

Funny thing is before the rape trial all the trolls were sure Kobe was a gay. Once the rape thing happened they had something else to cling too so the gay thing went away just like that, lol. People make such a big deal about the snitching thing, but don't realize that it was said during a conversation in a hallway before the official "interrogation" and was only added to the report months after the fact.

But living in LA I can say yeah, Kobe is not really a likeable or approachable person. Most of the people I know say he's either friendly and reserved or just terse. He's a pretty private and intense guy and it's probably a testament to his ambition that he isn't hated more because from all accounts all he wants to do is play basketball and spend time at home with his family. If you approach him right he can be pretty chill and nice, but if you approach with the slightest hint of wanting something from him he'll shut you off instantly. It's similar to how Kareem is really.

The hazing thing is pretty similar to other reports. Kobe didn't go to college so the whole hazing thing was new to him and he didn't want any of it. Kobe recently told a story recently about how Ced Ceballos was assigned to be his mentor but instead just yelled at him and ordered him around, so I think he actually went up to him on the bus and told him he was going to beat the crap out of him if he ever did it again. So they switched mentors to Eddie Jones and Byron Scott and things were fine.

In Jackson's book I remember hearing that Shaq was the team's fun goofy guy, but he always tried to create a division in the locker-room. He had the players that were on his side, and early on he had his boys referring to Kobe as the "wonder-boy" or something like that. Kobe just stayed to himself because all the older players wanted to do was gamble and drink and he wasn't old enough to do either. All Shaq wanted to do was play around and Kobe didn't want any of that. So he was segregated from the get-go.

DMAVS41
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
shaq has always had a complex about being liked. i bet 99.9% of people that know shaq love him...and shaq clearly doesn't know how to behave when someone doesn't give him the time of day. kobe obviously wanted very little to do with him and some of the rest of the team....really shouldn't be that big of a deal. i've always thought shaq made way too much out of it....comes from an insecure place of needing people to love him and respect him all the time. kobe certainly doesn't have much of that in his personality.

the problem was that neither of these guys were "man enough" to just step up and squash these problems. like when shaq/kobe were both told to stop the media jabbing....then kobe goes and calls out shaq right after that. crap like that is just immature and ruins chemistry.

kobe just wanted to be the best. he saw shaq as an obstacle to that. hard to really blame him for feeling that way. kobe could never be the player he wanted to be because shaq was just better and more valuable than him those 8 years they played together. it must have driven kobe absolutely insane to see shaq goof off and not practice as hard as he should have...and then get out there and be one of the best and most valuable players ever. for a guy with kobe's work ethic and ambition....i can't imagine dealing with that.

both clearly at fault....i just think its a shame because they could have won 6 or 7 titles together and been the best duo the game has ever seen. they should have embraced each other....instead they fought each other.

overall i still side with shaq from a basketball standpoint. he was the best player on those teams and was playing at a level only a handful of players in nba history have ever reached. part of that was taken away with all this feuding and kobe's desire to not "be a sidekick"

MrRogers
11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
The wedding thing, I remember there was a rumor that Kobe got Vanessa pregnant after boning her when she was 17 or something like that. (Kobe was probably 18-19 at the time.) His family was super against the marriage so basically no one was invited to the whole thing. Not much after the wedding Kobe was reported to have been called away from a practice or a game or something because of an emergency, and rumors at the time was that they lost the baby.

Funny thing is before the rape trial all the trolls were sure Kobe was a gay. Once the rape thing happened they had something else to cling too so the gay thing went away just like that, lol. People make such a big deal about the snitching thing, but don't realize that it was said during a conversation in a hallway before the official "interrogation" and was only added to the report months after the fact.

But living in LA I can say yeah, Kobe is not really a likeable or approachable person. Most of the people I know say he's either friendly and reserved or just terse. He's a pretty private and intense guy and it's probably a testament to his ambition that he isn't hated more because from all accounts all he wants to do is play basketball and spend time at home with his family. If you approach him right he can be pretty chill and nice, but if you approach with the slightest hint of wanting something from him he'll shut you off instantly. It's similar to how Kareem is really.

The hazing thing is pretty similar to other reports. Kobe didn't go to college so the whole hazing thing was new to him and he didn't want any of it. Kobe recently told a story recently about how Ced Ceballos was assigned to be his mentor but instead just yelled at him and ordered him around, so I think he actually went up to him on the bus and told him he was going to beat the crap out of him if he ever did it again. So they switched mentors to Eddie Jones and Byron Scott and things were fine.

In Jackson's book I remember hearing that Shaq was the team's fun goofy guy, but he always tried to create a division in the locker-room. He had the players that were on his side, and early on he had his boys referring to Kobe as the "wonder-boy" or something like that. Kobe just stayed to himself because all the older players wanted to do was gamble and drink and he wasn't old enough to do either. All Shaq wanted to do was play around and Kobe didn't want any of that. So he was segregated from the get-go.

This is true. And Cedric Ceballos was traded very early in November of 1996. Surprised Kobe didn't catch heat for this either.

SpecialQue
11-01-2011, 11:19 AM

:applause:

Rooster
11-01-2011, 01:13 PM
This is true. And Cedric Ceballos was traded very early in November of 1996. Surprised Kobe didn't catch heat for this either.

Why would Kobe catch heat for this one, Ceballos went on vacation by calling in sick because he can't accept the fact that he was no longer that star of the team and the Del Harris plays were not for him. Lakers got Horry after this and the rest is history.

Prodigy
11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Shaq knows how to write complete sentences?

Allstar24
11-01-2011, 04:16 PM
LMAO @ this FAT troll. For the last 3 years, he has been kissing Kobe's ass like there's no tomorrow...even though Kobe barely acknowledged him. Now all of a sudden, he feels the need to talk trash...all in an effort to sell books. I barely remember he used to be a great player once. What more can Snaq do to sink lower? Is he going to talk trash about his coaches and owners? Oh wait, he already did that. He clearly doesn't know much about taking the high road.

AMISTILLILL
11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Shaq should have ****ed Kobe to establish alpha male status years ago.

heyhey
11-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Shaq's an immature child stuck in a juvenile high school schoolyard mentality. it's obvious that Kobe was ostracized from the rest of the team because he's a driven motivated "square".

Kobe should been lauded for not giving into peer pressure and focus on the things that matter to him. not to go to some party just to be with the in crowd.

Dave3
11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Shaq's an immature child stuck in a juvenile high school schoolyard mentality. it's obvious that Kobe was ostracized from the rest of the team because he's a driven motivated "square".

Kobe should been lauded for not giving into peer pressure and focus on the things that matter to him. not to go to some party just to be with the in crowd.
Shaq's said and one a lot of inappropriate things throughout his career. I was never really a fan of his personality even though so many love him.

He insults Kobe, Dwight, etc. He bullies his own teammates, and seems to come off as very petty. They're both to blame but he should have acted better as the older and star player at the time.

Deuce Bigalow
11-01-2011, 06:39 PM

:roll:

Is there more?

DFish
11-01-2011, 06:48 PM

Is there more?

http://i.imgur.com/61fTm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XFXhr.png
http://i.imgur.com/VXNf6.png
http://i.imgur.com/9XDOR.png
http://i.imgur.com/shFwk.png
http://i.imgur.com/sfffQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/xZRtT.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZW9qL.png
http://i.imgur.com/BrZi6.png

guy
11-01-2011, 06:50 PM

He had a huge feud with Kobe. Penny and Wade? Doesn't seem like it was much. It doesn't really seem like Penny had anything to do with Shaq leaving, and I don't even remember what was the thing with Wade. I do remember Penny actually coming to play with the Heat back in 08 with Shaq advocating it and I do remember Wade sounding kind of choked up when he got traded. Not to say he hasn't had his issues with teammates or whatever, but I think the Kobe feud combined with him playing on so many teams (even though when you really look at each move, its not like they didn't make sense) has blown it out of proportion.

The Kobe is old news. I really hope he mentions some of the details about the 2010 Cavs.

DFish
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Some great lines in those transcripts. :oldlol:

http://i.imgur.com/rerZ6.jpg

RRR3
11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

"It's my thing!"

rodman91
11-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Millions of dollars & fame and still get 5 second blow job? :facepalm

JellyBean
11-01-2011, 07:33 PM
:facepalm Shaq is still obessing about this? Dang

monkeypox
11-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Millions of dollars & fame and still get 5 second blow job? :facepalm

I see it like the Bill Clinton thing. He's a busy guy so he kind of just went for it because she threw it at him. Most of the guys that do this a lot can sense a groupie who's down from a mile away so they don't get in trouble.

Fiasco
11-01-2011, 07:36 PM
My boy Ralphie May put the Kobe case best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4GykCwGCFYg#t=100s

Basketball Fan
11-01-2011, 08:59 PM
If you all even knew half of the story about the Laker's drama. People always make it out to be Shaq and Kobe but Shaq was the only person that was vocal to the media about Kobe.

I had a Laker tell me after their 2nd championship against the Nets they had a private party and Kobe just wanted to chill with his wife and not talk to the other players. One of his teammates kids came up to Kobe for an autograph and Kobe turned him down.

Also the Jim Grey interview was bad but Shaq really wanted to kill him when Kobe was crying to the police about not knowing what pre ejaculation was or how Shaq pays off women.

I'm a big Kobe as a player fan but every teammate of his will tell you the same that he's an amazing talent but he's the biggest dick in the league. The public perception of Shaq or atleast to many young basketball fans is Shaq is this hated ex teammate but he's actually one of the most liked athletes in sports by other athletes and celebs.

Some friend that was their 3rd championship, their second championship was against the Sixers

RRR3
11-01-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkjYfetLLZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4RH2DBb8T4&feature=related

Nick Young
11-02-2011, 03:48 AM
shaq just mad kobe proven himself to be better than him.

5 rings>>>4

L8kersfan222
11-02-2011, 04:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkjYfetLLZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4RH2DBb8T4&feature=related
Horrible, didn't even crack a smile.:sleeping

J-Futuristic
11-02-2011, 02:00 PM
^
I'm buying this book the 1st day it drops.

DirtySanchez
11-02-2011, 02:02 PM
http://necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/shaq-and-hoopz-at-bacardi-gold-vip-cocktail-reception.jpg

Shaq tears that ish up

Swaggin916
11-02-2011, 02:37 PM

And how many rings those guys got? Shaq can only win a ship with alpha male... Guys who just want to get along... You cant get anywhere with those guys. Someone has to be willing to be the bad guy to have prolonged greatness.

The_Yearning
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
http://necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/shaq-and-hoopz-at-bacardi-gold-vip-cocktail-reception.jpg

Shaq tears that ish up

Wtf? Shaq never looked that fit during his playing days.

SpecialQue
11-02-2011, 04:36 PM

Only Shaq would get in shape AFTER leaving the game.

Kobe 4 The Win
11-03-2011, 03:44 AM

"That's my thing" lol.

cteach111
11-03-2011, 12:06 PM
To those that say Shaq spoke well of Lebron/Nash during his time with the Cavs/Suns.. well its true, but the difference between his time in PHX/CLE and his earlier years is that he was nearing the end of his career. He wasn't the same Shaq who wanted to be the man or something close to it.. and that matters when it comes to things like tension. By the time he got to PHX and CLE, I get the feeling that it didn't matter to him what his role was and he didn't care to be the man at that point.

Besides his personality, I'm pretty sure that's why he's burned bridges with all the franchises (ORL/LAL/MIA) during the peak/prime/late-prime of his career.

triangleoffense
11-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Good tailer, can't hide bulk when your in a wife beater and shorts.

PowerGlove
11-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Only Shaq would get in shape AFTER leaving the game.

LA_Showtime
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Shaq should know better. Look at Dwight's supporting cast. I'm sure he'd be racking up championships if he had another top 3-5 player in the game. Stop acting bitter and just support the kid.

DuMa
11-03-2011, 12:37 PM

i dont know how you can judge he is fit by that pic but yes all nba players are fit to some degree compared to the normal guy. he just looks extremely tall and in shape next to a midget shorty. pics are deceiving

Deuce Bigalow
11-03-2011, 06:03 PM
How Shaquille O'Neal Demolished a Lakers Dynasty (Inside Stories)

The 1999-00 season was not without confrontation, O'Neal in one team meeting said, "I have something to say. I think Kobe is playing too selfishly for us to win." According to Jackson, "Kobe didn't have a selfish agenda; he just felt that the way he had been playing was the best way he could contribute. Gradually, he's seen there is a different way to contribute that incorporates more of the team." The coaches would also tell the team they did not see the selfishness in Bryant that the players saw. Tex Winter even put together a video for O'Neal to show that Bryant was playing his role correctly.

Upon arriving to the Lakers that season, Tex Winter said he was stunned to discover the level of hatred O'Neal expressed toward Bryant. "There was a lot of hatred in [O'Neal's] heart ... Kobe just took it and kept going." O'Neal regularly expressed to management that he did not believe the team could win a championship with Bryant. Winter observed that O'Neal influenced the entire team against Bryant. Winter thought that Bryant made it a point to get the ball to O'Neal that year, but O'Neal did not appreciate what Bryant was doing to help him. During that seasons All-Star warm-ups, O'Neal mimicked Bryant's crossover dribble but threw the ball into the stands to accentuate Bryant's turnovers.

In 2001, O'Neal came into training camp out of shape, which disappointed Jackson and also Bryant. Bryant was leading the league in scoring as 2001 began, and Jackson said Bryant was playing the best ball of his career. O'Neal was shooting below 50 percent during stretches, and his free throw shooting was in the 20 percent range. O'Neal requested a trade after a blowout win against the Phoenix Suns where Bryant scored 38 and O'Neal scored 18. Jackson commented that their actions were "juvenile" and they should appreciate each other and play as a team. Bryant would be criticized for forcing his offense and not involving his teammates enough. According to Bryant, the team's defense was the issue and not his increased role in the offense. Bryant said that "scoring shouldn't affect (O'Neal's) defense," while O'Neal maintained that "if the big dog ain't me, then the house won't get guarded

Deuce Bigalow
11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
continued

Bryant and the Lakers would go to face the Orlando Magic in the 2009 NBA Finals. Shaq showed support for Kobe, on his Twitter page saying:

DuMa
11-03-2011, 06:50 PM
From Shaquille O’Neal’s upcoming autobiography:

“Big Baby” Davis kept looking me off and taking it himself. Doc is shouting at him to go inside, but he won’t. So Doc calls timeout and draws up a play for me. I go out there, and I back Andrew Bynum way under the rim. I’m loose, I’m ready. I’ve got Bynum under the basket and again, Baby won’t give me the ball. So I go up to him and say, “If you ever miss me again I’m going to punch you in the face.” I was hot.

Two nights later we’re playing in Sacramento and here we go again. I take three shots the entire game and again I’ve got my man isolated underneath the basket, and Baby ignores me and takes a jump shot. So the next time we’re in the huddle I let Baby have it.

I tell him, “Pass the [expletive] ball inside.” He comes back at me a little bit and now I’m really heated. All hell is breaking loose. We’re going back and forth. Doc is standing there and he’s not saying a word. The message is pretty clear: Work this out yourselves. I tell Baby, “You’re a selfish player. Everyone on this team knows it.” Hey, all the fans knew it. He takes shots when he shouldn’t.