PDA

View Full Version : Shaq says LeBron never listened to Mike Brown

G-Funk
11-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Shaquille O’Neal knows how to sell books. Make friends, not so much. But he’s going to sell copies of his new book.

We already brought you excerpts where Shaq throws Kobe Bryant under the bus (and only Brian Shaw had a level head and dealt with the situation, but you don’t want him to be the Lakers coach). And there was the part where Shaq said he didn’t back down from Pat Riley.

Next up, LeBron. And how he didn’t listen to coach Mike Brown (via Hoopsworld).

LeBron was a huge star. He was as big as I was in 2000 in L.A. when I was dominating the league. … Our coach, Mike Brown, was a nice guy, but he had to live on edge because nobody was supposed to be confrontational with LeBron. Nobody wanted him to leave Cleveland, so he was allowed to do whatever he wanted to do.

I remember one day in a film session LeBron didn’t get back on defense after a missed shot. Mike Brown didn’t say anything about it. He went to the next clip and it was Mo Williams not getting back and Mike was saying, “Yo, Mo, we can’t have that. You’ve got to hustle a little more.” So Delonte West is sitting there and he’s seen enough and he stands up and says, “Hold up, now. You can’t be pussyfooting around like that. Everyone has to be accountable for what they do, not just some us.” Mike Brown said, “I know, Delonte. I know.” Mike knew Delonte was right. …

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/shaq-says-lebron-never-listened-to-mike-brown-in-cleveland/

Real Men Wear Green
11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
It just had to be Delonte, didn't it?

The Macho Man
11-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Shaq, you bein a real bitch right now.

pegasus
11-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Delonte fathering his son through Mike Brown.:applause:

Suckafree
11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Hmmmm, I'm actually inclined to believe this.

Good on Delonte for saying something then I spose

NumberSix
11-03-2011, 03:31 PM
How do you listen to Mike Brown if he's not the one giving the orders?

rodman91
11-03-2011, 03:33 PM
"the Angrier West Gets The Hornier He Becomes, And West Is Angrrryyyyyyy!!!!!"

chips93
11-03-2011, 03:42 PM
this has been rumored for years, lebron never appeared to have to listen to anybody in clevland, because they were just trying to appease him.

reportedly wade and riley have him on a shorter leash in miami.

DuMa
11-03-2011, 03:45 PM
this isnt a surprise. mike brown was always the 2nd word or worse to listen to after lebron's voice on the floor. he was just there to make sure lebron got what he needed on the floor at all times. cater to the superstar and he will giveth back nearly 99% time. unfortunately for cleveland, they fell into the 1%

cteach111
11-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Shaq is kinda like a snitch. The dude's a rat.

Lebron23
11-03-2011, 04:00 PM
I still like Shaq as a player, but he needs to keep his mouth shut. He's going to make enemies to some of his former teammates.

LBJ 23
11-03-2011, 04:05 PM
:roll:

pauk
11-03-2011, 04:07 PM
its no secret tho.... mike brown was a horrible coach (especially offensively)... its not that lebron didnt listen to him, he did... but he was more like ---> :rolleyes: after hearing his suggestions and looking at his playbook:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Mike-Brown-Playbook.jpg
http://9.media.sportspickle.cvcdn.com/1/1/sportspickle.568516d1d5ad5b61acf2fcc1b4db35d4.jpg

airchibundo507
11-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Delonte sonnin that ni99a as usual

lol

step_back
11-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I still like Shaq as a player, but he needs to keep his mouth shut. He's going to make enemies to some of his former teammates.

I have a huge amount of respect for a guy willing to call things as he see's it. Even if it creates some bad blood it's much better than the PC nonsense LeBron does.

D.J.
11-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Granted the majority of what Shaq has said is probably true, he's really throwing people under the bus and burning bridges. Then again, he's almost always burned bridges. He accused Penny Hardaway of being gay(his departure of Orlando), his continuous soap opera with Kobe(LA), ripping Wade, Chris Quinn, and Ricky Davis(Miami), ripping Nash(Phoenix), and this latest info(Cleveland). Seems like Boston is the only bridge he hasn't burned...yet.

ShaqAttack3234
11-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Granted the majority of what Shaq has said is probably true, he's really throwing people under the bus and burning bridges. Then again, he's almost always burned bridges. He accused Penny Hardaway of being gay(his departure of Orlando), his continuous soap opera with Kobe(LA), ripping Wade, Chris Quinn, and Ricky Davis(Miami), ripping Nash(Phoenix), and this latest info(Cleveland). Seems like Boston is the only bridge he hasn't burned...yet.

While I certainly understand a good amount of the backlash against Shaq for some of his actions and comments. A lot of this information doesn't seem accurate.

If he did accuse Penny of being gay, I'm 99% sure it wasn't publicly. I heard rumors of Shaq walking into Penny's hotel and Penny was with the Urkel guy or whatever, which sounded like a ridiculous made up story to me.

Don't remember him ripping Wade publicly either. All I remember is Shaq reportedly calling Wade "wonderboy" but not publicly. Never remember him ripping Nash either.

Though I'll add in his public criticism of Nick Anderson, Nick Van Exel, David, Quinn, Kobe and probably some others that I'm forgetting.

The Macho Man
11-03-2011, 04:19 PM

What did Shaq say about Nash, I must have missed that?

Lebron23
11-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I have a huge amount of respect for a guy willing to call things as he see's it. Even if it creates some bad blood it's much better than the PC nonsense LeBron does.

Kobe, Nash and LeBron are also going to bash him in their own biographies.

Controversy creates cash.

jlip
11-03-2011, 04:24 PM
This is not shocking. Everyone knew that everything in Cleveland revolved around Lebron. That's why I've always said that Lebron needed a strong coach that can demand his respect and even reprimand him if he did wrong. He needed a Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Greg Pops, or even a Larry Brown type figure. Mike Brown is/ was not that coach.

P.S. I'm waiting on some of Shaq's former teammates to write a "tell all" book with some info about him.

Lebron23
11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
This is not shocking. Everyone knew that everything in Cleveland revolved around Lebron. That's why I've always said that Lebron needed a strong coach that can demand his respect and even reprimand him if he did wrong. He needed a Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Greg Pops, or even a Larry Brown type figure. Mike Brown is/ was not that coach.

P.S. I'm waiting on some of Shaq's former teammates to write a "tell all" book with some info about him.

The best coach that Superstar LeBron ever played with was none other than Coach K.

Yung D-Will
11-03-2011, 04:28 PM
What makes you think Shaq gives a crap?

Seriously this is Shaq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-BoeBedZ3k

boozehound
11-03-2011, 04:33 PM
not very surprising. Sounds like west banged his mom just out of spite.

DMV2
11-03-2011, 04:37 PM
"Tell all" books seem like something gold-diggers and scandalous no-name "celebrities" would do, not Shaq. I mean, he doesn't really need the money, he sure as hell don't need the 15 minutes of fame. He's a Hall of Fame-bound legend.

I always thought there was an honor code among athletes that they don't dish shit like this to the public.

G-train
11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Shaq isn't a good person? Tell me something new.

mountainmamba
11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
If people didnt realize this before Shaqs book then I cant help you.

Fatal9
11-03-2011, 06:19 PM
LeBron only listened to white guy. Someone find that gif :bowdown:

brisbaneman
11-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I heard they used to have to dumb down film sessions to keep lebron's attention.

lebron is such a clown. i wonder if he will live past 40.

G-Funk
11-03-2011, 06:35 PM
What did Shaq say about Nash, I must have missed that?
Just ripped him and Amare for not playing Defense

MaxFly
11-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Only one certifiably crazy enough to say something.

ballup
11-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Look who else is on that Cavs roster, doubt any of the other guys would call out Lebron like that.

G-Funk
11-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Don't remember him ripping Wade publicly either. All I remember is Shaq reportedly calling Wade "wonderboy" but not publicly. Never remember him ripping Nash either.

When asked what his fifth championship meant to him personally, Bryant declared, "I got one more than Shaq. So you can take that to the bank."

"My first thought [after hearing that] was, 'Well, I guess I'm still relevant,'" O'Neal said. "Kobe is still thinking about me, I guess. I'm still someone to be measured against

"But I don't compete with little guards. I don't compete with little guys who run around dominating the ball, throwing up 30 shots a night -- like D-Wade, Kobe.

Shaq also snitched on Dwyane Wade For Cheating on Gabrielle Union With Lauren London

GOBB
11-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Shaq, you bein a real bitch right now.

He's been one for years, but everyone keeps giving him passes.

Inception28
11-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Lebron doesn't listen to Spolestra either. I do kind of wonder what would have happened if Pop was the one who coached him, you have to listen to Pop.

Yung D-Will
11-03-2011, 08:30 PM
He's been one for years, but everyone keeps giving him passes.
People give him passes because the man was literally unarguable . It's not like it's some random role player making these comments.

It's this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVupzjaV980

SpecialQue
11-03-2011, 08:41 PM
"Tell all" books seem like something gold-diggers and scandalous no-name "celebrities" would do, not Shaq. I mean, he doesn't really need the money, he sure as hell don't need the 15 minutes of fame. He's a Hall of Fame-bound legend.

I always thought there was an honor code among athletes that they don't dish shit like this to the public.

Seriously? You REALLY don't think Shaq would do this just for the money?

I present exhibits A, B, and C:

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/Kazaam.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Steelposter.jpg/220px-Steelposter.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/6143/190946-shaqfu_large.jpg

Xover
11-03-2011, 08:48 PM
http://makesmalltalksexy.com/blog/wp-content/guy-making-girl-laugh.jpg

http://a2.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/151/78de9cbcac7245529126764da1e856f8/l.gif

G-train
11-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Lebron doesn't listen to Spolestra either.

Yes he does.

:confusedshrug:

Kurosawa0
11-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Can't wait for the inevitable Kobe-Mike Brown soap opera.

GOBB
11-03-2011, 08:57 PM
People give him passes because the man was literally unarguable . It's not like it's some random role player making these comments.

It's this guy

People are morons for giving him a pass because he used to dominate the game (which was a long long time ago). Is this a lifetime pass? Heck I was expecting you to say he gets a pass because he's a personality people like/enjoy. He's funny, charasmatic etc etc. Didnt expect it to be a clip from 2001 of him dominating. He's unguardable so he can say/do things he tells other people not to do that he himself ends up doing. I see.

He gets no passes on my end.

Kurosawa0
11-03-2011, 09:00 PM
And we can all bitch about Shaq doing this tell-all or whatever it is, but I know I'm going to read it.

bdreason
11-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I think everyone already knew this. Someone post the gif of the "white guy" coaching the Cavs.

GOBB
11-03-2011, 09:48 PM
And we can all bitch about Shaq doing this tell-all or whatever it is, but I know I'm going to read it.

I'm not.

triangleoffense
11-03-2011, 09:54 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/shaq-says-lebron-never-listened-to-mike-brown-in-cleveland/
Eh this is nothing new. Nothing short of a hall of fame (with multiple titles) coach would be able to have the type of sway that Jackson had over Bryant. Being a Laker fan all I can hope for is that they at least get along and that Kobe will at least follow along if he sees that the system is working and that its translating into wins.

imdaman99
11-03-2011, 09:59 PM

It's this guy

so he dominates the inferior east while kobe outplays him against the legit spurs every year in the wcf which apparently means kobe road shaq's coattails. logic on anti kobe trolls is ridiculous :lol

AlphaWolf24
11-03-2011, 11:18 PM
so he dominates the inferior east while kobe outplays him against the legit spurs every year in the wcf which apparently means kobe road shaq's coattails. logic on anti kobe trolls is ridiculous :lol

Snack is a straight buster....still laughing at him getting merked by Charles Barkley , and Eric Montross....and then e couldn't even hit Brad Miller when he was trying to sucker punch him...:lol

HO AZZ niqqa needs to just go away....he destroying his legacy as the 3rd best player of the 2000's...:oldlol:

DevilsAssassin
11-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Shaquille O'Neal > Anyone in the NBA.........when you are as good as Shaq, you can say whatever the **** you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBnHq04CRg

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

raptorfan_dr07
11-04-2011, 01:49 AM

The Sixers were the toughest team the Lakers faced in 2001. They took Game 1 and were pretty much in every game after that. They were right there in Game 2 and came close to going up 2-0 on the road. Dikembe Mutombo was the DPOY dumbf*ck. Shaq ran through him like nothing. Kobe got outplayed by Allen Iverson. Put AI on the Lakers instead of Kobe and they still win 3 in a row.

Besides the only year the Spurs were a real threat to the Lakers during their 3peat run was 2001, and yes, Kobe was the best player in that series. In 2002, the Spurs weren't much of a threat. The Kings were the only real legit threat to LA that year, and once again, Shaq was the best player in that series.

Rooster
11-04-2011, 02:28 AM
The Sixers were the toughest team the Lakers faced in 2001. They took Game 1 and were pretty much in every game after that. They were right there in Game 2 and came close to going up 2-0 on the road. Dikembe Mutombo was the DPOY dumbf*ck. Shaq ran through him like nothing. Kobe got outplayed by Allen Iverson. Put AI on the Lakers instead of Kobe and they still win 3 in a row.

Besides the only year the Spurs were a real threat to the Lakers during their 3peat run was 2001, and yes, Kobe was the best player in that series. In 2002, the Spurs weren't much of a threat. The Kings were the only real legit threat to LA that year, and once again, Shaq was the best player in that series.

Lakers gave that game 1 away. They were killing the Sixers and they got complacent. Sorry Allen Iverson did not outplayed Kobe, AI just chuckled a lot of shots without a pulse and Kobe just took what defense gave him.

And Shaq always looks human against the Spurs while Kobe is like predator in a killing field.

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Lol at Shaq and how he has the audacity to call somebody else a snitch.

He's still one of my most favorite players ever, because of what he did for our franchise, but he has got to keep his mouth shut.

HylianNightmare
11-04-2011, 03:59 AM
sounds about right

Lebowski
11-04-2011, 05:36 AM
I'm not.

You did open this thread.

I think we all can agree that Shaq does not care whatever "passes" we give him. Also, stories from "within" is always enticing so this book will probably do very good. And quotes/excerpts will be continued to be posted here, you and me will open to read just like we did this time.

Xover
11-04-2011, 06:25 AM
You did open this thread.

I think we all can agree that Shaq does not care whatever "passes" we give him. Also, stories from "within" is always enticing so this book will probably do very good. And quotes/excerpts will be continued to be posted here, you and me will open to read just like we did this time.

You done been got by typical marketing strategies.

I would be enticed to find out what is in the book, but knowing that it may contain 60% bullsht I'd settle for a book review or two over purchasing and wasting my time reading a whole book by shaq

Lebowski
11-04-2011, 06:36 AM
You done been got by typical marketing strategies.

I would be enticed to find out what is in the book, but knowing that it may contain 60% bullsht I'd settle for a book review or two over purchasing and wasting my time reading a whole book by shaq

I wont read it, what makes you think I will.

However, I will continue to click on threads like this. It is better like this anyway, as the "bullshit" gets filtered away and we get the good parts. Like this piece. Someone here will read it and tell us, or some reporter will.

JaskoX1
11-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Lol at Shaq and how he has the audacity to call somebody else a snitch.

He's still one of my most favorite players ever, because of what he did for our franchise, but he has got to keep his mouth shut.
What are we, 12 and in middle school?

This isn't news to anyone. The 2010 Cavaliers were one hell of a team. Delonte was the secret leader!

El Kabong
11-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Has Shaq ever said anything nice about anyone?

JD_TO
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
I think everyone already knew this. Someone post the gif of the "white guy" coaching the Cavs.
http://i42.tinypic.com/28lyo39.jpg

MiseryCityTexas
11-04-2011, 10:15 AM
:oldlol: @ penny hardaway being gay. he was like one of the first known celebrities other than john singleton to stretch tyra bank's ******.

Sarcastic
11-04-2011, 10:17 AM
In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

DCL
11-04-2011, 10:20 AM
EVERYBODY WALKS over mike brown.

when had mike brown ever critiqued lebron in post game interviews when they were in cleveland? never.

and it's the same thing in miami now. lebron ain't listening to that jv coach eric spoelstra.

nashwade
11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
shaq said nash didn't deserve the MVPs

DCL
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
i don't think lebron can ever handle a disciplinary coach who would have the balls to get on his case.

he's never dealt with a coach like that before in his life. and look at what happened when wade got mad and yelled at him in the finals. he just shrank and looked like a little kid about to cry, kwame brown style.

but the mike browns and spoelstras. those are his puppets.

jlip
11-04-2011, 11:19 AM
shaq said nash didn't deserve the MVPs

Shaq may have been a little bitter there, because he felt that he, himself, should have actually won the '05 MVP.

kentatm
11-04-2011, 11:46 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/28lyo39.jpg

that's John Kuester who failed miserably as the head coach of Detroit partly b/c the players led a revolt against him.

he is now back with Brown as an assistant in LA

KenneBell
11-04-2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.celticslife.com/2011/11/shaq-rips-glen-davis-in-new.html

Kungfro
11-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Love the other link they have in there.
http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/11/the-big-shennanigan.html#

What a goon.

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-04-2011, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE]I wasn

MaxFly
11-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Here's the Obama comment concerning Rondo...

In early March some of the guys went to the museum of Fine Arts for a fund-raiser and got to hang with President Barack Obama. Everyone was a little bit in awe. The President turns to Ray, points at Rondo, and says, “Hey, Ray, why don’t you teach this kid how to shoot?” Everyone starts laughing.

KG told me he saw the look on Rondo’s face and the kid was devastated, embarrassed. Dissed by the President, even though I’m sure Obama didn’t mean any harm. Rondo smiled and went along with all of it, but KG told me he could see it in his eyes. It bothered Rondo. It killed him.

The next day Rondo shot the ball horribly. He stopped taking shots after that. He’s so sensitive. I think it was a real jolt to hear the outside perception of a basketball fan who happens to be the President of the United States. It messed with his mind. I’m sure of it.

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/08/shaq-obama-to-blame-for-rondo-late.html

Low blow, Shaq... low blow.

Edited to add link.

$LakerGold
11-05-2011, 12:16 PM
:facepalm Shaq being Shaq..

Yo, Everyone is different... Kobe matured from being a spoiled stubborn player to a coach-able player.

And Maybe Lebron isnt... Shaq could be lyin:facepalm

calvin671996
11-05-2011, 12:21 PM
it doesn't weird.

Lebron is King James ,why a king need to listen a Mike Brown?

Dizzle-2k7
11-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Here's the Obama comment concerning Rondo...

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/08/shaq-obama-to-blame-for-rondo-late.html

Low blow, Shaq... low blow.

Edited to add link.

Blaming Shaq for this? Low blow?

How about Obama should shut his fukkin mouth and try to bring America back to its height .

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-05-2011, 01:38 PM
it's borderline snitching tho.

Doranku
11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Hate him or love him, this is just classic Shaq. Not sure why people are surprised by this. Personally, I can't wait to read his book. Guaranteed laughs.

ILLsmak
11-06-2011, 03:44 AM
[CENTER]http://makesmalltalksexy.com/blog/wp-content/guy-making-girl-laugh.jpg

^ :)

goldenboy_smith
11-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Shaq is a snitch cant play with a dude like that, stupid sell out :facepalm

D.J.
11-07-2011, 04:05 PM

:facepalm

G-Funk
01-30-2016, 05:31 PM
:milton

guy
01-30-2016, 06:02 PM
Shocker :oldlol:

dgaras
01-30-2016, 06:12 PM
i respect shaq for not giving a fuq :applause:

Fallen Angel
01-30-2016, 06:19 PM
:yaohappy:

Magic 32
01-30-2016, 08:57 PM
So Shaq was a.....snitch?

https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarGKFsorQ5k6MCs/giphy.gif

Long Duck Dong
01-30-2016, 10:38 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133245 :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
01-30-2016, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I bet Kobe listened to Mike Brown as well :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
01-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Delonte fathering his son through Mike Brown.:applause:
:oldlol: