PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 07:48 PM
According to this forum, Nicolas Batum is the, "Euroleague Scottie Pippen". Also according to this forum, he is "the greatest Euroleague SF of all time".

Well, "Euroleague Scottie", the "GOAT", is averaging 6.33 turnovers per game in the Euroleague. Leading the league by a whopping 1.7:1 ratio.

If you don't believe me, I have the stats and link to prove it:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/average?category=Turnovers

Also, interestingly enough, Batum, "one of the best perimeter wing defenders in the NBA", is being derided for playing horrible defense so far in the Euroleague.

Hmm...strange.

BTW, Batum now has a new nickname in Europe. He is now being referred to as, "LeTurnover".

Nick Young
11-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Actually, AK47 is the greatest Euroleague SF of all time. And Batum only has so many turnovers because his teammates are too shit to catch his passes. Euroleague Scottie, more like Euroleague Larry Bird.

DMV2
11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Actually, AK47 is the greatest Euroleague SF of all time.
:applause: He's also the greatest Russian basketball player of all time. :rockon: And as well as the greatest nickname of all time.

Nets fan 93
11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
in 3 games? who cares.

Myth
11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
As a Blazer fan, the turnovers don't surprise me. Ball handling is one of his biggest weaknesses, which is why he is not a primary ball handler in Portland. The rest of his stats are pretty nice though in Euroleague :pimp:

Fatal9
11-03-2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odkELHeJD7Y

looking unguardable off the dribble like MJ
dominating and dunking over guys in the post like Shaq
running the pick and roll like Nash
making passes in the post like Magic
scoring in the open court like Scottie
making pull up threes like T-Mac

oh lawd, he could be the GOAT when it's all done :bowdown:

but seriously...these are things you really didn't see much out of him in the NBA (reduced to a spot up shooter most of the time). hopefully it's more due to him actually improving instead of shytty euroleague competition because he's one of my favorite young players in the league.

Deuce Bigalow
11-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Anthony Parker in Euroleague

Myth
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I hope this means he will start kicking butt for Portland more consistently. Hopefully he doesn't just fall in love with international ball and want to leave the NBA.

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Actually, AK47 is the greatest Euroleague SF of all time. And Batum only has so many turnovers because his teammates are too shit to catch his passes. Euroleague Scottie, more like Euroleague Larry Bird.

Batum is shooting 36% from the field in Euroleague and 30% from 3 point range. Yes, you are right, he is clearly the "Larry Bird of Euroleague".

Actually, you are an idiot.

Fatal9
11-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Batum wins Euroleague MVP honors for week 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsIvQUTaVkU

and he's ranked #2 on the performance index rating:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/average?category=Valuation

are we looking at an MVP caliber season? :bowdown:

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:16 PM
As a Blazer fan, the turnovers don't surprise me. Ball handling is one of his biggest weaknesses, which is why he is not a primary ball handler in Portland. The rest of his stats are pretty nice though in Euroleague :pimp:

Really? Batum's shooting percentages:

36.4 FG%
30.0 3 PT FG%

It's a bit better than Rubio's shooting numbers in Euroleague, but just barely. And Rubio is considered the worst shooter in Euroleague history.

Myth
11-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Really? Batum's shooting percentages:

36.4 FG%
30.0 3 PT FG%

It's a bit better than Rubio's shooting numbers in Euroleague, but just barely. And Rubio is considered the worst shooter in Euroleague history.

I'm not too worried about that. The important part is that he is being aggressive. That is the part I really hope translates when he comes back to the NBA.

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=Deuce Bigalow]Anthony Parker in Euroleague

Fiasco
11-03-2011, 08:21 PM
LOL MVP of Week 2. Sit down, Eurostan.

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:24 PM
LOL MVP of Week 2. Sit down, Eurostan.

9 turnovers in the week 3 game:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?pcode=KOH&gamecode=26

Just imagine.....at this rate, with all the bricks and turnovers, he will surely be the first ever to have a points, bricks, turnovers triple double in the history of the Euroleague.

Deuce Bigalow
11-03-2011, 08:25 PM
This is false. Keep citing Wikipedia for your facts. Like the moron you are.

lol even if its 2, you get the point moron

AirTupac
11-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Nicholas Batum MVP of Week 2

http://www.euroleague.net/rs/34788/26bd4481-b158-4149-974c-6a6a43c9d5e0/31c/filename/nicolas-batum-sluc-nancy.jpg

[quote]With one spectacular play after another, supertalent Nicolas Batum made the first home game of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague season one to remember for the home fans in Nancy as the hosts pulled away to their first victory, 87-73 over Bizkaia Bilbao Basket on Thursday. Batum not only played nearly the entire game and flirted with a triple-double, but took over with 11 points in a 15-0 run in the final three minutes. The final boxscore showed the mercurial small forward to have a Euroleague career high 26 points

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Batum wins Euroleague MVP honors for week 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsIvQUTaVkU

and he's ranked #2 on the performance index rating:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/average?category=Valuation

are we looking at an MVP caliber season? :bowdown:

Well, since he is on pace to easily shatter the all-time single season turnover record in Euroleague history..............

he is certainly the Euroleague's leading candidate for the MVT (Most Valuable Turnover) award.

AirTupac
11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, since he is on pace to easily shatter the all-time single season turnover record in Euroleague history..............

he is certainly the Euroleague's leading candidate for the MVT (Most Valuable Turnover) award.

Guess it goes to show you how good your league is if the player with the most turnovers in league history is also able to win MVP.

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:31 PM
lol even if its 2, you get the point moron

Yes, I get the point. The point is that your general basketball knowledge was garnered at Wikipedia.

Out_In_Utah
11-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Guess it goes to show you how good your league is if the player with the most turnovers in league history is also able to win MVP.

This is what I was thinking. If Batum is SO bad over there, yet still their best player, that doesn't speak so highly of the rest of the league. Thus, the OPs agenda is backfiring.

Deuce Bigalow
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes, I get the point. The point is that your general basketball knowledge was garnered at Wikipedia.

[QUOTE=Deuce Bigalow]Anthony Parker in Euroleague

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
:applause: He's also the greatest Russian basketball player of all time. :rockon: And as well as the greatest nickname of all time.

Greatest Russian player of all time is a guy named Belov. Kirilenko is probably 2nd though.

JGXEN
11-03-2011, 08:37 PM
This is what I was thinking. If Batum is SO bad over there, yet still their best player, that doesn't speak so highly of the rest of the league. Thus, the OPs agenda is backfiring.
Exactly. But since the lockout's ending soon(hopefully), i dont think that when Batum and AK47 returns to the NBA they can still be chosen as Euroleague MVP

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Nicholas Batum MVP of Week 2

http://www.euroleague.net/rs/34788/26bd4481-b158-4149-974c-6a6a43c9d5e0/31c/filename/nicolas-batum-sluc-nancy.jpg

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/88744/180

How can the GOAT only manage to win 1/3 of the weekly MVP honors? Very odd.

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:38 PM

And when did the Euroleague hand out it's MVP award?

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:40 PM

The best player "over there" according to whom?

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:42 PM
And you get the point that Parker was a God in Euroleague and a below-average player in the NBA

Anthony Parker averaged 14 PPG in Euroleague when he won the MVP award.

The next season he averaged 12 PPG for a playoff team in the NBA. Then proceeded to average 15 points a game in the NBA playoffs.

Yeah.....but you have no point, ever.

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Exactly. But since the lockout's ending soon(hopefully), i dont think that when Batum and AK47 returns to the NBA they can still be chosen as Euroleague MVP

Funny, considering that the Euroleague rules state that no player that fails to make the Final Four of Euroleague is even eligible to be named Euroleague MVP.

In other words, Nicolas Batum is not even eligible for the award, unless his POS team somehow miraculously makes the Euroleague Final Four.

Deuce Bigalow
11-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm :mad:

of course

Euroleague
11-03-2011, 08:51 PM
of course

Nope. I'm just pointing out all the BS nonsense in your claims.

Fiasco
11-03-2011, 08:53 PM

Just imagine.....at this rate, with all the bricks and turnovers, he will surely be the first ever to have a points, bricks, turnovers triple double in the history of the Euroleague.

If he's as terrible as you say and STILL wins MVP Honors for Week 2... what does that say about your league?

RRR3
11-03-2011, 08:55 PM
LeBron James averages a lot of turnovers. So does Dwyane Wade. Both are future hall of famers. Just saying

niko
11-03-2011, 08:57 PM
According to this forum, Nicolas Batum is the, "Euroleague Scottie Pippen". Also according to this forum, he is "the greatest Euroleague SF of all time".

Well, "Euroleague Scottie", the "GOAT", is averaging 6.33 turnovers per game in the Euroleague. Leading the league by a whopping 1.7:1 ratio.

If you don't believe me, I have the stats and link to prove it:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/average?category=Turnovers

Also, interestingly enough, Batum, "one of the best perimeter wing defenders in the NBA", is being derided for playing horrible defense so far in the Euroleague.

Hmm...strange.

BTW, Batum now has a new nickname in Europe. He is now being referred to as, "LeTurnover".

I think you really overrated Batum. The EUROLEAGUE PIPPEN and GOAT - those nicknames you gave him really overstate his skill level.

Maga_1
11-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Just don't create threads like this, please. I'm getting kind of tired.
He's playing really well, just assume that.

bdreason
11-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Batum with 26/8/7 in a 40 min game?!?

Euroleague LeBron James.

jacobgoindum
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Batum with 26/8/7 in a 40 min game?!?

Euroleague LeBron James.

Lebron averaged 5.8 turnovers per game in the '07 finals, batumesque

Heavincent
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Vassilis Spanoulis in the NBA: 3/1/1 on 31% shooting

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DFish
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Basketball outside of its home country is a joke, so... who cares?

One league matters, and its initials are N.B.A.

bdreason
11-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Lebron averaged 5.8 turnovers per game in the '07 finals, batumesque

Magic Johnson averaged more than 4 turnovers per game for most of his career.

Deuce Bigalow
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Magic Johnson averaged more than 4 turnovers per game for most of his career.

with like 12-13 assists

Maga_1
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Basketball outside of its home country is a joke, so... who cares?

One league matters, and its initials are N.B.A.

Good luck with the lockout.

11-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Actually, Kirilenko plays exclusively as a POWER FORWARD in Euroleague.

Batum is shooting 36% from the field in Euroleague and 30% from 3 point range. Yes, you are right, he is clearly the "Larry Bird of Euroleague".

Actually, you are an idiot.

Euroleague calling someone an idiot?

Ahahahahaha

Delusional

Nick Young
11-03-2011, 11:21 PM

Wow, he almost measures up to the amazing 1:1 assist to turnover ratio the Great Spanoulis has in the NBA:bowdown:

Nick Young
11-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Sean May was second in Euroleague MVP week 2 voting.

Sean May.

That's right, let that sink in.

Sean May.

Nick Young
11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Funny, considering that the Euroleague rules state that no player that fails to make the Final Four of Euroleague is even eligible to be named Euroleague MVP.

In other words, Nicolas Batum is not even eligible for the award, unless his POS team somehow miraculously makes the Euroleague Final Four.
Lol I bet Batum will carry his shit team on his back to the title game:roll:

DuMa
11-03-2011, 11:29 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/9b/fullj.f1890dfe60453d9165d25109414f4920/f1890dfe60453d9165d25109414f4920-getty-506972289.jpg

Batum doing them dirty

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Sean May was second in Euroleague MVP week 2 voting.

Sean May.

That's right, let that sink in.

Sean May.

There is no such thing as Euroleague weekly MVP voting.

IT DOES NOT EXIST

Let that sink in for a moment.

BTW, Derrick Rose was VOTED NBA MVP for an entire season.

Let THAT sink in for a moment.

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 12:51 AM
LeBron James averages a lot of turnovers. So does Dwyane Wade. Both are future hall of famers. Just saying

List the links to the stats showing them averaging 6.3 turnovers per game for a season.

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 12:53 AM
I think you really overrated Batum. The EUROLEAGUE PIPPEN and GOAT - those nicknames you gave him really overstate his skill level.

Excuse me. I did NOT give him those nicknames. I simply stated what he is being called by dozens of posters in this forum.

Fatal9
11-04-2011, 12:54 AM
List the links to the stats showing them averaging 6.3 turnovers per game.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/gamelog/2011/

LeBron started last year averaging 6.3 turnovers in the first three games too :confusedshrug:

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Just don't create threads like this, please. I'm getting kind of tired.

Dozens of members here claim Batum is the GOAT Euroleague player.
Obviously, such a legend deserves his own Euroleague tribute thread, explaining just exactly why he is considered the "GOAT in Euroleague history".

You know, the reasons why, and how he indeed illegitimately is that.

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 12:57 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/gamelog/2011/

LeBron started last year averaging 6.3 turnovers in the first three games too :confusedshrug:

And LeBron is the most overrated basketball player of world history, besides Ricky Rubio. Why would you even bring him up? Is that your way of proving that you have no basketball knowledge?

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Batum doing them dirty

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2009/01/medium_blazrers-lakers.JPG

Batum doing them (NBA) dirty...............

Your point?

Rooster
11-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Speaking of turnover prone

Once upon a time, this turnover boy, cocky

Was a backup of Smush WTF Parker

He wants to be the starter and be the Man

Fast forward, this boy became the Man

Well at least in Euroleague he is the Man

Man among boys with Euro bums

Ear Jordan FTW

Farmar is feasting it with 27 points 9-11 shooting 4 boards and 5 assist

LMAO

Rooster
11-04-2011, 02:50 AM

There you go, he's mostly a spot up shooter or a cutter at Portland. But in Euroleague, he is like a playmaker. The same with Sefolosha, this guy is jacking shots like he is a superstar. Batum is averaging a game changer numbers of 20 points 7 rebounds and 7 assists. I like Batum because he can play without the ball but he's a role player. Playing with the ball and trying to make a play is not his forte so I am not surprised with his turnovers. Only people who does not watch NBA were surprised. It's like forcing Shawn Marion to be a playmaker.

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 03:07 AM
There you go, he's mostly a spot up shooter or a cutter at Portland. But in Euroleague, he is like a playmaker. The same with Sefolosha, this guy is jacking shots like he is a superstar. Batum is averaging a game changer numbers of 20 points 7 rebounds and 7 assists. I like Batum because he can play without the ball but he's a role player. Playing with the ball and trying to make a play is not his forte so I am not surprised with his turnovers. Only people who does not watch NBA were surprised. It's like forcing Shawn Marion to be a playmaker.

Sefolosha is not being used as a "play maker". Batum already had the ball taken out of his hands in week 3. He already lost that role, due to being so incredibly turnover prone.

Linehan now runs the offense and has the ball in his hands. Batum is now playing "off the ball" just like in the NBA, after a failed experiment with him as "play maker".

Next?

King1991nba
11-04-2011, 03:09 AM
The retarded one strikes again... :roll:

Another great pointless thread you moron...

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 03:11 AM
This guy -->

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LNP&clubcode=NAN&seasoncode=e2011

is the "play maker".

solar.hands
11-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Dozens of members here claim Batum is the GOAT Euroleague player.
Obviously, such a legend deserves his own Euroleague tribute thread, explaining just exactly why he is considered the "GOAT in Euroleague history".

You know, the reasons why, and how he indeed illegitimately is that.

links(bolded)?

sodap
11-04-2011, 07:04 AM
you all look pathetic in this thread. I hope someday some of you all will understand that individual success in either one of the leagues does not mean success in the other one. different types of basketball that simply do not translate so well.

also, nba is clearly the best league in the world in terms of talent, but euroleague is not a bunch of scrubs playing each other, and many euroleague teams would be able to make it to the nba playoffs.

stop the nosense from both sides please, its disgusting to read

RintjeRitsma
11-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Why so insecure?

madmax
11-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Is it really that hard to comprehend that NBA role player can average great numbers on a shitty team in France?:rolleyes: I mean Batum has a horrible FG%, turns the ball over like a hot potatoe and his team is losing too. How is this a proof of NBA's superiority over Euroleague? The better case would be AK, who is a true Euroleague superstar and puts up great numbers WHILE his team is blowing out it's competition too...c'mon, are people really this dense in here?:facepalm

RRR3
11-04-2011, 07:33 AM
And LeBron is the most overrated basketball player of world history, besides Ricky Rubio. Why would you even bring him up? Is that your way of proving that you have no basketball knowledge?
Sorry he's black. U mad bro? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Nick Young
11-04-2011, 07:36 AM
you all look pathetic in this thread. I hope someday some of you all will understand that individual success in either one of the leagues does not mean success in the other one. different types of basketball that simply do not translate so well.

also, nba is clearly the best league in the world in terms of talent, but euroleague is not a bunch of scrubs playing each other, and many euroleague teams would be able to make it to the nba playoffs.

stop the nosense from both sides please, its disgusting to read
Name a Euroleague roster that would make it to the playoffs.

Remember the Clippers didn't even come close to the playoffs with a roster of guys like Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Mo Williams, Deandre Jordan and Chris Kaman off the bench. Griffin, Gordon and Kaman would probably be the three best players in Euroleague hands down if they chose to play there.

Navarro, probably the best European player talent wise only put up like 13 ppg, and you expect him to lead a team to the NBA playoffs?

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Is it really that hard to comprehend that NBA role player can average great numbers on a shitty team in France?:rolleyes: I mean Batum has a horrible FG%, turns the ball over like a hot potatoe and his team is losing too. How is this a proof of NBA's superiority over Euroleague? The better case would be AK, who is a true Euroleague superstar and puts up great numbers WHILE his team is blowing out it's competition too...c'mon, are people really this dense in here?:facepalm

Yes, they are. They really believe that Batum is absolutely destroying, annihilating, crushing all the teams in Europe.

From what I have seen so far, he is practically allergic to playing defense.

Euroleague
11-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Sorry he's black. U mad bro? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Bricky Scrubio is actually white.

Nick Young
11-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Yes, they are. They really believe that Batum is absolutely destroying, annihilating, crushing all the teams in Europe.

Where do you think Eric Gordon would rank in the Euroleague in terms of SGs

RintjeRitsma
11-04-2011, 07:49 AM

Really? I haven't seen him play in Euroleague, but for Portland he has played some very good defensive games (against Nash for exemple). Why do you think he isn't playing any defense?

Sakkreth
11-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Name a Euroleague roster that would make it to the playoffs.

Remember the Clippers didn't even come close to the playoffs with a roster of guys like Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Mo Williams, Deandre Jordan and Chris Kaman off the bench. Griffin, Gordon and Kaman would probably be the three best players in Euroleague hands down if they chose to play there.

Navarro, probably the best European player talent wise only put up like 13 ppg, and you expect him to lead a team to the NBA playoffs?

I think CSKA and Barcelona could make it with their current roster, maybe Siena aswell. European basketball works different, in NBA u need to have 1st option, in Europe you don't, at most times if u do have it it's not good for the team. In Euroelague top and bottom teams' level differs a lot, not even talking about domestic leagues. Top Euroelague teams could do fine in NBA, but there isn't many of those. And btw your trolling got really boring, atleast it was silly at start.

RRR3
11-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Bricky Scrubio is actually white.
I was talking about LeBron "best player in the world" James

Rooster
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I think CSKA and Barcelona could make it with their current roster, maybe Siena aswell. European basketball works different, in NBA u need to have 1st option, in Europe you don't, at most times if u do have it it's not good for the team. In Euroelague top and bottom teams' level differs a lot, not even talking about domestic leagues. Top Euroelague teams could do fine in NBA, but there isn't many of those. And btw your trolling got really boring, atleast it was silly at start.

No they won't. If they play under FiBA, they have a chance. But in NBA rules, they won't be able to play full zone to offset the lack of athleticism. A lot of these players will be playing one on one and that's where they will get exposed. If the prime version of Kirilenko can't lead the Jazz, I don't think this wash up version of his can. And Krstic today, no effin away. Just because they look good in Euroleague, it was supposed to mean something . The Clippers would mop the floor with any European team in NBA.

Rooster
11-04-2011, 10:16 AM

What's your point, Romain Who Sato is posting good numbers at Panathiniakos and always get waived in the summer league. Farmar is starting in Maccabi and can't even start over Smush Parker and making this Euroleague players like bums. I can't even remember he played a game like that at UCLA. 9-11 shooting WTF and 27 points. And AK 47 a superstar, WTF. Euroleague is too easy for him.

Rooster
11-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Sefolosha is not being used as a "play maker". Batum already had the ball taken out of his hands in week 3. He already lost that role, due to being so incredibly turnover prone.

Linehan now runs the offense and has the ball in his hands. Batum is now playing "off the ball" just like in the NBA, after a failed experiment with him as "play maker".

Next?

I don't even talk about the great Thabo

but this scrub is averaging 14 points and 6 rebounds and 1 steal

and got the green light to take shots like he is a superstar.

Only in Euroleague is where Thabo Sefolosha happens.

Grinder
11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I don't even talk about the great Thabo

but this scrub is averaging 14 points and 6 rebounds and 1 steal

and got the green light to take shots like he is a superstar.

Only in Euroleague is where Thabo Sefolosha happens.

Don't forget that in his first EL game, Sefolosha had only been with the team a few days so didn't really know the system or play a bunch of minutes.

In his last two games, he's averaged 18 points/9 rebounds on 68% from the field in 26 mpg.

He's playing excellently, Fenerbahce fans are really happy to have him.

kumquat
11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm not too worried about that. The important part is that he is being aggressive. That is the part I really hope translates when he comes back to the NBA.

Absolutely good to see a Blazers fan who knows what they're looking for in Batum. Hell I couldn't care if he had 20 turnovers a games, he's being agressive and winning.

NIC=BEAST

Grinder
11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Absolutely good to see a Blazers fan who knows what they're looking for in Batum. Hell I couldn't care if he had 20 turnovers a games, he's being agressive and winning.

NIC=BEAST

He's playing really well. He's led his team a 5-2 (4-0 French, 1-2 Euro) record so far this season and kept them close against a tough Fenerbahce team on the road without his team's 2nd best player and best big man. He was amazing in the last few minutes against Bilbao.

There's a really interesting game this weekend where Batum's team will play against Tony Parker's ASVEL team, most likely with Ronny Turiaf.

Jon_Koncak
11-04-2011, 10:50 AM
:facepalm

his team aint losing,they got 1 win against ACB's runner up and 2 away losses, more than fine considering how weak their roster is.And lol at you comparing him to Kirilenko who is playin in a team whose worst player must be worth twice than Nancy's second best player.If anythin it says a lot about Batum that he's havin such great assists averages playing along those scrubs.

Batum is beasting,2nd scorer,2nd in assists,2nd in ranking,got an MVP award.

Darius
11-04-2011, 10:52 AM
lol of course he is getting turnovers.

In the NBA, his skills are only good enough to be a catch and shoot role player.

In Europe his talent is overpowering enough to be a superstar and (clearly from the video) he is expanding his game to show it.

There is going to be an adjustment period as he alters his game, thus the turnovers.

madmax
11-04-2011, 12:51 PM
:facepalm

his team aint losing,they got 1 win against ACB's runner up and 2 away losses, more than fine considering how weak their roster is.And lol at you comparing him to Kirilenko who is playin in a team whose worst player must be worth twice than Nancy's second best player.If anythin it says a lot about Batum that he's havin such great assists averages playing along those scrubs.

Batum is beasting,2nd scorer,2nd in assists,2nd in ranking,got an MVP award.

so now shooting 34 % from the flield and turning the ball over like crazy means dominating LOL?:lol Like I said, I could care less about his numbers in that shitty team of his, since he takes all the shots and still makes only 1/3 of them on average. He would be benched on any serious team with high aspirations playing like this...not like this board cares about such thing as "efficiency" anyway, since most of the teenage reetards here worship Kome Cryant and his brickfests, so why do i even bother:violin:

RintjeRitsma
11-04-2011, 12:57 PM
"He would be benched on any serious team with high aspirations playing like this..."

He wouldn't have to play like this on such a team. #logicfail

Droid101
11-04-2011, 01:10 PM
In his last two games, he's averaged 18 points/9 rebounds on 68% from the field in 26 mpg.
Only in Europe do player routinely shoot 60%, 70%, etc. Ridiculous. They simply do not play any defense over there. Pathetic, really.

chains5000
11-04-2011, 01:13 PM
lol of course he is getting turnovers.

In the NBA, his skills are only good enough to be a catch and shoot role player.

In Europe his talent is overpowering enough to be a superstar and (clearly from the video) he is expanding his game to show it.

There is going to be an adjustment period as he alters his game, thus the turnovers.
I'd say the turnovers are more a product of him having to do EVERYTHING for his team to win. Every ball goes through him, and that usually means high numbers for every stat, turnovers included.
I've only seen him play once with Nancy, against my home team, and you could see he was dominating, even though his shooting percentages were bad and had a lot of turnovers. Stats aren't everything.

Jon_Koncak
11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
so now shooting 34 % from the flield and turning the ball over like crazy means dominating LOL?:lol Like I said, I could care less about his numbers in that shitty team of his, since he takes all the shots and still makes only 1/3 of them on average. He would be benched on any serious team with high aspirations playing like this...not like this board cares about such thing as "efficiency" anyway, since most of the teenage reetards here worship Kome Cryant and his brickfests, so why do i even bother:violin:

the bottom line is this.Is he helping his team or not?Would Nancy be better with lets say Lietuvos great Brad Newley in his place?All hypothetical but it's not hard to see that witout Batum they'd propalby challenge Zagreb for the title of euroleagues worst team.He's not Jordan but he's defeinitely havin a postitive impact on his team and despite his mediocre shootin percentages and turnovers he's still putiin up great numbers as proved by his ranking(averagin 26..)

chains5000
11-04-2011, 01:20 PM
the bottom line is this.Is he helping his team or not?
Exactly.

kentatm
11-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Euroleague
This is false. Keep citing Wikipedia for your facts. Like the moron you are.

ok, so he got ONE little thing wrong and that was that Parker was a EuroLeague champ in 2001 which he actually WAS technically. Yes it was really the SuproLeague BUT that was really just Euroleague minus some teams and the name b/c they foolishly never trademarked it and the 10 year old ULEB snaked it out from under them.

So you can be a jackass and say that its a lie (when its not) that Parker is not a 3 time Euroleague champion based on a technicality that can cut both ways or you can just STFU and admit that Paker is a 3 time European champion.

Regardless of your little punk ass cry fest, Parker is still listed with 2 season MVP awards (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2004-05), link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2005-06)), a EL Final Four MVP (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2003-04)), two time EL 1st team (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2004-05), link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2005-06)), he is on their all decade team (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/all-decade/main-page)) and he did play for two teams that won it all (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/seasons/2003-04), link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/seasons/2004-05)) going by your self serving definition of what constitutes the EL.

Whats even funnier about this crap you try and pull is that the ULEB is the organization that has been pushing for more NBA like rules in European competition.

madmax
11-04-2011, 01:26 PM
the bottom line is this.Is he helping his team or not?Would Nancy be better with lets say Lietuvos great Brad Newley in his place?All hypothetical but it's not hard to see that witout Batum they'd propalby challenge Zagreb for the title of euroleagues worst team.He's not Jordan but he's defeinitely havin a postitive impact on his team and despite his mediocre shootin percentages and turnovers he's still putiin up great numbers as proved by his ranking(averagin 26..)

OK, so according to you I should be majorly impressed by solid NBA player dragging a shitty team to 1-2 record in Euroleague...whatever brah, looks like we have a different definitions of "dominating". And isn't he supposed to shoot a bit better than 30 % against all the european "scrubs" anyway?:confusedshrug:

chains5000
11-04-2011, 01:28 PM
ok, so he got ONE little thing wrong and that was that Parker was a EuroLeague champ in 2001 which he actually WAS technically. Yes it was really the SuproLeague BUT that was really just Euroleague minus some teams and the name b/c they foolishly never trademarked their name.

So you can be a jackass and say that its a lie (when its not) that Parker is not a 3 time Euroleague champion based on a technicality that can cut both ways or you can just STFU and admit that Paker is a 3 time European champion.

Regardless of your little punk ass cry fest, Parker is still listed with 2 season MVP awards (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2004-05), link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2005-06)), a EL Final Four MVP (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2003-04)), two time EL 1st team (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2004-05), link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2005-06)), he is on their all decade team (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/all-decade/main-page)) and he did play for two teams that won it all (link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/seasons/2003-04), link (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/seasons/2004-05))
I still don't get why anybody should be ashamed of Parker doing great.

kentatm
11-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I still don't get why anybody should be ashamed of Parker doing great.

he is simply pissed that a middling NBA player went in and dominated Euro ball.

chains5000
11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
he is simply pissed that a middling NBA player went in and dominated Euro ball.
Well, the game is different. Superstars are gonna play well in either league, but "normal" players can fit in and produce better in an specific league.

madmax
11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Well, the game is different. Superstars are gonna play well in either league, but "normal" players can fit in and produce better in an specific league.

the point is that Parker didn't even produce better in Euroleague than he did in his Raptors days either...in fact he was putting up similar numbers in both sides of the Atlantic. That's why all of this trolling about him is amusing and pathetic at the same time

RRR3
11-04-2011, 01:39 PM
the point is that Parker didn't even produce better in Euroleague than he did in his Raptors days either...in fact he was putting up similar numbers in both sides of the Atlantic. That's why all of this trolling about him is amusing and pathetic at the same time
No one would troll about it if Euroleague (the poster) wasn't constantly trying to convince everyone that euroleague players are better than NBA players.

chains5000
11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
No one would troll about it if Euroleague (the poster) wasn't constantly trying to convince everyone that euroleague players are better than NBA players.
Then just add him to ignore. It's sad to see how the only threads talking about real basketball (till the lockout ends) are ruined by him and the idiots posting the opposite shit.

Droid101
11-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Yes he did. Check minutes played and shooting percentages.

He shot better in Euroleague, and scored more points or about the same points on LESS minutes than in the NBA.

That, by definition, is playing better.

madmax
11-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Yes he did. Check minutes played and shooting percentages.

He shot better in Euroleague, and scored more points or about the same points on LESS minutes than in the NBA.

That, by definition, is playing better.

who cares - this is nitpicking at it's finest...
He shot better because he played alongside other quality players like Jasikevicius, who is notorious for threading a pass through any defense and being elite shooter himself. I've watched all of those Maccabi teams play, and they cruised to most of their wins by completely trashing their opponents. They were just a level above anyone in Europe at that time

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Please compare Maccabi's team scoring average and pace to the Raptors', then come back if you think you have a good argument.

Better yet, let's look at the top scorers in the Eurolegue in the last 5 years.

2005-2006 Drew Nicholas -- 18.45
2006–07 Juan Carlos Navarro --16.77
2007–08 Marc Salyers -- 21.78
2008–09 Igor Rakočević --17.95
2009–10 Linas Kleiza --17.13
2010–11 Keith Langford ---18.7

Parker averaged about 16ppg on 57% shooting in his stay with Maccabi.

Droid101
11-04-2011, 02:10 PM
who cares - this is nitpicking at it's finest...
He shot better because he played alongside other quality players like Jasikevicius, who is notorious for threading a pass through any defense and being elite shooter himself. I've watched all of those Maccabi teams play, and they cruised to most of their wins by completely trashing their opponents. They were just a level above anyone in Europe at that time
No, it isn't nitpicking. LOL at you, Parker played with LeBron James, who draws the most attention out of anyone in the freaking league. LOL at Jasikevicius.

Luis Scola, for instance, scored about 15 PPG in 38 minutes on 50% shooting in the NBA.
In Europe, he scored about 15 PPG in 28 minutes on 60% shooting.

It's very clear where he played better.

madmax
11-04-2011, 02:14 PM
No, it isn't nitpicking. LOL at you, Parker played with LeBron James, who draws the most attention out of anyone in the freaking league. LOL at Jasikevicius.

Luis Scola, for instance, scored about 15 PPG in 38 minutes on 50% shooting in the NBA.
In Europe, he scored about 15 PPG in 28 minutes on 60% shooting.

It's very clear where he played better.

it IS nitpicking because you fail to comprehend how much easier it is score when you are on the superior team to your opponents...NBA fans generally fail to grasp this concept, because talent is spread out more or less evenly there, which is not the case in Europe. And back in his Lebron days he was already over the hill and used a spot-up shooter mostly...come back to me when you know what are you talking about:cheers:

kentatm
11-04-2011, 02:15 PM

explaining WHY Parker could come in and be a 2 time MVP is where Lakas should put his energy.

But he is incapable of doing anything other than calling people liars, idiots, racists, xenophobes etc etc etc.

The fact that he tries to spin people blatantly trolling him as them thinking guys like Batum are GOAT in EL is so mind bogglingly dumb it would be like thinking Johnathan Swift was seriously proposing cannibalism in A Modest Proposal as a serious answer to aiding an impoverished Ireland.

chains5000
11-04-2011, 02:17 PM
He was older when he played when Lebron.
And don't laugh at Jasikevicius, while he sucked at the NBA, his game's perfect for FIBA ball. If I'm not mistaken, he's played great against the US team in the past too.

RRR3
11-04-2011, 02:17 PM
explaining WHY Parker could come in and be a 2 time MVP is where Lakas should put his energy.

But he is incapable of doing anything other than calling people liars, idiots, racists, xenophobes etc etc etc.

The fact that he tries to spin people blatantly trolling him as them thinking guys like Batum are GOAT in EL is so mind bogglingly dumb it would be like thinking Johnathan Swift was seriously proposing cannibalism in A Modest Proposal as a serious answer to aiding an impoverished Ireland.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Brilliant analogy! :applause: :applause: (repped)

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Oh and while you're at it, explain to me how Igor Rakočević(Euroleague's leading scorer in 08-09) averaged 2 points in the NBA and was waived by two teams.

chains5000
11-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh and while you're at it, explain to me how Igor Rakočević(Euroleague's leading scorer in 08-09) averaged 2 points in the NBA and was waived by two teams.
As I posted before, there's players whose skills are better suited for FIBA ball.

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:23 PM
As I posted before, there's players whose skills are better suited for FIBA ball.
No, they're simply not good enough to average those numbers against superior competition.

madmax
11-04-2011, 02:24 PM

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that only athletic swingmen can succeed in NBA...not sure what is there to explain about really:oldlol:

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:26 PM
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that only athletic swingmen can succeed in NBA...not sure what is there to explain about really:oldlol:
Boy are you guys delusional. :oldlol:

Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, etc.. are athletic wingmen?

Why did you skip over my Anthony Parker post? I would like to see your response.

chains5000
11-04-2011, 02:26 PM
No, they're simply not good enough to average those numbers against better competition.
Take this example, Jasikevicius, who sucked at the NBA game, scored 25 in a 40 minute game agains team USA under FIBA rules.
I guess team USA didn't have NBA players or something.

madmax
11-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Boy are you guys delusional. :oldlol:

Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, etc.. are athletic wingmen?

Why did you skip over my Anthony Parker post? I would like to see your response.

did you just call Gasol and Nowitzki swingmen?:facepalm :roll: Oh boy...
And Nash is a very fast and crafty guard, who never in his life played any other ball than NBA one. And yeah, he is very skilled too while we're at it

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Take this example, Jasikevicius, who sucked at the NBA game, scored 25 in a 40 minute game agains team USA under FIBA rules.
I guess team USA didn't have NBA players or something.
One game is your sample size, think about that.

Madax, Seems like ethnofugal tendencies affect reading comprehension. I was asking you a question. Those guys are not the most athletic and are not wingmen. Which debunks your whole theory of only athletic swingmen succeeding in the NBA.

chains5000
11-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Some of these players have never had many minutes to prove their worth either.

madmax
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM

Madax, Seems like ethnofugal tendencies affect reading comprehension. I was asking you a question. Those guys are not the most athletic and are not wingmen. Which debunks your whole theory of only athletic swingmen succeeding in the NBA.

are you dumb or just acting like one?
Take a look at the current NBA and how many unathletic, slow 6'3 - 6'6 guys you can find in it...I'm guessing not many if you find any at all:oldlol:

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Some of these players have never had many minutes to prove their worth either.
I see where you're coming from, man. But there is a reason why they never got the opportunity.

It could be because of their horrid work ethic or them just not showcasing their whole arsenal in training camp/practice.

chains5000
11-04-2011, 02:39 PM
I see where you're coming from, man. But there is a reason why they never got the opportunity.

It could be because of their horrid work ethic or them just not showcasing their whole arsenal in training camp/practice.
Also, all of these players are used to lead their teams. Some players lose their focus if they're no the stars.
I don't think it's ok to just generalize.

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:41 PM
are you dumb or just acting like one?
Take a look at the current NBA and how many unathletic, slow 6'3 - 6'6 guys you can find in it...I'm guessing not many if you find any at all:oldlol:
Oh the irony. :lol

So now you're just basing it off athleticism, lol. Guess what, Sherlock? Being athletically gifted is huge part of playing basketball.

Steve Blake was great in his Denver days. Curry is a great player. J.J. Reddick, Beno Udrih.... have all been more successful in the NBA than Euroleague stars such as Spanoulis. :facepalm

Droid101
11-04-2011, 02:42 PM
madmax, is English your second or third language?

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. It's impossible to have any discussion with you.

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Also, all of these players are used to lead their teams. Some players lose their focus if they're no the stars.
That's the exact knock people have had on A.I. his last 3 years in the league.

Your argument really doesn't hold ground, because they knew coming in that they weren't going to be the go-to players on offense. Their adjustment to an important contributer or just a role player wasn't even successful.

madmax
11-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh the irony. :lol

So now you're just basing it off athleticism, lol. Guess what, Sherlock? Being athletically gifted is huge part of playing basketball.

Steve Blake was great in his Denver days. Curry is a great player. J.J. Reddick, Beno Udrih.... have all been more successful in the NBA than Euroleague stars such as Spanoulis. :facepalm

once again, all of the guys you mentioned are very respectable athletes and very skilled too...Rakocevic was neither, nor did he achieve anything in Euroleague worth mentioning (apart from leading it in scoring one season). And like many posters already said, some players simply have a hard time adjusting in different culture

SAKOTXA
11-04-2011, 02:51 PM
once again, all of the guys you mentioned are very respectable athletes and very skilled too...Rakocevic was neither, nor did he achieve anything in Euroleague worth mentioning (apart from leading it in scoring one season). And like many posters already said, some players simply have a hard time adjusting in different culture
So now you're going back to what i said about NBA players being more skilled, nice.

Curry is the only average athlete from the players i listed, rest of them are not even close to being average.

PTB Fan
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Nicolas Batum putting on a show!

chains5000
11-05-2011, 06:28 AM
That's the exact knock people have had on A.I. his last 3 years in the league.

Your argument really doesn't hold ground, because they knew coming in that they weren't going to be the go-to players on offense. Their adjustment to an important contributer or just a role player wasn't even successful.
There's a difference between being a 2nd or 3rd option and being used as a spot up shooter only. Happened with Navarro, for example.

Jan95
11-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Oh yeah, the same thing was happening with Petrovic in Portland, but then when he got traded to the Nets, he started to put some incredible numbers. Surprisingly?

Rooster
11-05-2011, 09:26 AM
There's a difference between being a 2nd or 3rd option and being used as a spot up shooter only. Happened with Navarro, for example.

No because Navarro is one trick pony. He is not like Ricky Pierce who can put the ball on the floor and created some shots off the bench in limited minutes. I have seen La Bamba trying to do that with the Grizzlies with his floaters and he just does not have the physical tools to do it on consistent basis. Refs are generous to his flops in Europe and not letting any players breath on him. And please don't talk about one game. Scrubs had lit up Michael Jordan in one game. Case in point, LaBradford Smith.

And scoring in another level is different. Bruce Bowen was a scorer in college but he knew he was gonna be role player so he focus his game more on defense. Same with Michael Cooper and even Rodman. In fact, Most NBA players are the primary options in college. The one trick ponies who can't play defense usually get bounced quickly. Players who usually need the ball to be effective type of players.

Rooster
11-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh yeah, the same thing was happening with Petrovic in Portland, but then when he got traded to the Nets, he started to put some incredible numbers. Surprisingly?

What incredible numbers are we talking about? Petrovic was overrated. Reggie Lewis was putting up comparable numbers on a better team and we don't talk about him like Euros talk about Petrovic. Detlef Schrempf was a better player with more all around game and Euros rarely talk about him.

Rooster
11-05-2011, 10:15 AM

Harold Miner was athletic swingmen, Gerald Green was athletic swingmen, James White was athletic swingmen and there were so many others. What happened to them?

L8kersfan222
11-05-2011, 10:25 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d64/TheOnlyNoob/euroleaguebodybagged.png

Maga_1
11-05-2011, 10:29 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d64/TheOnlyNoob/euroleaguebodybagged.png
:roll:

Nick Young
11-05-2011, 11:05 AM
So many excuses. Basically every single NBA player, even horrible ones like Raphael Araujo, were the offensive leaders of their team in college and high school.

BYU offense for example was built around Araujo and look at him in the NBA, worse than Kwame brown.

Basically it is the Euro's huge egos and inability to accept that they aren't the superstar and best player on their team that is holding them back then in your mind? That is why T-Mac of Europe Spanoulis wasn't even able to beat out Rafer Alston and Luther Head for minutes?

sodap
11-05-2011, 11:56 AM
this is just like the comparision between european and south-american football (soccer). I'm talking club competition here. Of course the level is higher in europe, but the top argentinian or brazilian teams can compete with the top european teams, they would be good teams in the CL.

maybe its not a good example because in football right now we have two insanely stacked teams that just break the competitions they paticipate in (Real Madrid and FC Barcelona), but I think you get the point. top tier european teams are in the same level of average nba teams. sure any average nba player can come to europe and do well and be one of the best, but no, he wont go michael jordan if he is not a nba superstar already

Bigsmoke
11-05-2011, 04:14 PM
he's not that good anyway.

Nick Young
11-05-2011, 04:54 PM
this is just like the comparision between european and south-american football (soccer). I'm talking club competition here. Of course the level is higher in europe, but the top argentinian or brazilian teams can compete with the top european teams, they would be good teams in the CL.

maybe its not a good example because in football right now we have two insanely stacked teams that just break the competitions they paticipate in (Real Madrid and FC Barcelona), but I think you get the point. top tier european teams are in the same level of average nba teams. sure any average nba player can come to europe and do well and be one of the best, but no, he wont go michael jordan if he is not a nba superstar already

Yes, Boca Juniors, Santos, Flamenco, Deportivo El Nacional, Monterrey and a few other clubs would be competitive in the CL and many top European leagues every year but still Europeans dismiss South American football as an "inferior product"

PTB Fan
11-05-2011, 05:21 PM
What incredible numbers are we talking about? Petrovic was overrated. Reggie Lewis was putting up comparable numbers on a better team and we don't talk about him like Euros talk about Petrovic. Detlef Schrempf was a better player with more all around game and Euros rarely talk about him.

Lol@Detlef Scrub being better than Petro..it's not a good idea to compare some good big man shooter to a European and World basketball legend

Lewis is arguable, but Petro is better than him as well.

LJJ
11-05-2011, 06:01 PM

You are an idiot.

The fact is that Parker in his best day in the NBA ranked between the 80th-100th best player in the league in that particular season. From a historical perspective he doesn't even rank. He's not among the best 1000 players to play in the NBA.

In stark contrast to his European club basketball days, where during his best days he was the best player in the whole continent (which includes exponentially more teams and thus players than the NBA) and is also historically considered one of the best players of all time.

That is the key difference. It's a massive difference. The difference almost couldn't be bigger. There is absolutely nothing 'nitpicky' about Parker's difference in status in European basketball and NBA basketball.

Euroleague
11-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd say the turnovers are more a product of him having to do EVERYTHING for his team to win. Every ball goes through him, and that usually means high numbers for every stat, turnovers included.
I've only seen him play once with Nancy, against my home team, and you could see he was dominating, even though his shooting percentages were bad and had a lot of turnovers. Stats aren't everything.

Not true. Like I said, they tried that experiment of Batum as "play maker" in the POS French League (what is it like 10th best league in Europe) and it works fine.

But in Euroleague (best league in Europe) the experiment failed. Batum cannot handle such a role at the Euroleague level, throwing up tons of bricks and turnovers.

So Linehan is now running the offense. This is another myth created by NBA only fans that "Batum is running the offense", because he isn't. Linehan is.

Euroleague
11-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Please compare Maccabi's team scoring average and pace to the Raptors', then come back if you think you have a good argument.

2006–07 Juan Carlos Navarro --16.77
2007–08 Marc Salyers -- 21.78
2008–09 Igor Rakočević --17.95
2009–10 Linas Kleiza --17.13
2010–11 Keith Langford ---18.7

Parker averaged about 16ppg on 57% shooting in his stay with Maccabi.

STOP LYING

Euroleague
11-06-2011, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=SAKOTXA]Please compare Maccabi's team scoring average and pace to the Raptors', then come back if you think you have a good argument.

[B]2006

L8kersfan222
11-06-2011, 12:29 PM
STOP LYING
They got a zipper inside of bodybags homie how u get out.

Euroleague
11-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Detlef better than Drazen..........

:facepalm :rolleyes: :wtf:

Euroleague
11-06-2011, 12:30 PM
They got a zipper inside of bodybags homie how u get out.

He posted an outright LIE.

kumquat
11-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Batum wins MVP of the week again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rdmKpd7jrSE

kumquat
11-11-2011, 10:40 AM
http://cdn.euroleague.net/rs/34380/b5de75e9-26b9-4125-bb5c-30691cab4e9b/41a/filename/b5d.jpg
2011-2012 STATS
PPG: 20.5
RPG: 7.3
APG: 6.5
SPG: 1.5
2P%: 42.5%
3P%: 38.5%
FT%: 86.8%

Rooster
11-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Batum is actually out Pippen the hype

In Euroleague

He is 1st in ranking

2nd in scoring

5th in rebounding

And 2nd in Assist.

That's Pippen ranking in his own team

This is Batum ranking in the whole league.

Take that Pippen.

Batum is freak specimen from another planet.

In Portland he is Clark

But in Europe he is a Superman.

LMAO

Euroleague
11-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Since this forum is obsessed with making up nonsense about how Andrei Kirilenko, Nicolas Batum, and Jordan Farmar are "dominating and destroying the Euroleague", and are "the GOATs in Euroleague history", based solely on early season PIR stats (Euroleague MVP of the Week).............

It is time to destroy this current and newest myth that NBA only fans have created. By listing all of the games in which previous Euroleague MVPs of the Week had higher PIR scores. Keep in mind that this does NOT include all the players that were not MVP of the Week, and also had higher scores.

There are plenty of other Euroleague players that also had higher PIR scores than the high scores for Kirilenko, Farmar, Barum, but that did not win the MVP that Week, because their PIR score for that game was not the highest in the league that week. Remember that there are only 10 games in the Euroleague regular season, and that the maximum number of games a team could play in the Euroleague in a season is 23. So do NOT confuse this with the amount of games available to be played in the NBA.

This shows just how completely and totally common these games and stats really are.This includes ONLY Euroleague games played since the 2000-01 season.

2000-01

Week 1: Panagiotis Liadelis - 42 ranking
Week 3: Milenko Topić - 39 ranking
Week 4: Dejan Toma

Euroleague
11-11-2011, 08:27 PM

In Euroleague

He is 1st in ranking

2nd in scoring

5th in rebounding

And 2nd in Assist.

Take that Pippen.

In Portland he is Clark

LMAO

Per minute

10th in ranking

36th in scoring

85th in rebounding

19th in assists

Euroleague
11-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Great week for LeTurnover.

He was totally dominated by Michalis Pelekanos.

miamiandorlando
11-17-2011, 04:02 PM
:roll:

Droid101
11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
This just proves what complete BULL SHIT goes on in this forum, with all the endless crap posted here by NBA only fans. It also proves that these index scores are very common in the early part of the Euroleague season.

Um, you realize, there's a bunch more NBA players playing this year becuase there is no NBA.

So, therefore, the defense is a little tougher and the competition is a little better.

So, therefore, the ratings are going to drop down across the board.

Common sense dude. Now that there are actually atheltic players who play real defense over in Europe, everyone will have lower ratings.

KeylessEntry
11-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Batuum is putting up 18 pts 7 rbs 5.5 ast 1.8 stl so far. he does have 4.6 turnovers but thats because he had a 9 turnover game the day that idiot OP made this thread.

I cant wait to see batuum put up 18/7/5/2 in the NBA :oldlol:

PTB Fan
11-17-2011, 05:29 PM

In Euroleague

He is 1st in ranking

2nd in scoring

5th in rebounding

And 2nd in Assist.

Take that Pippen.

In Portland he is Clark

LMAO

Batum is having LeBronesque stats... take that Pippen

Euroleague
11-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Um, you realize, there's a bunch more NBA players playing this year becuase there is no NBA.

So, therefore, the defense is a little tougher and the competition is a little better.

So, therefore, the ratings are going to drop down across the board.

Common sense dude. Now that there are actually atheltic players who play real defense over in Europe, everyone will have lower ratings.

Damn you are a moron. The NBA players make the defense much worse. Hell, Batum has not played defense in more than 5 possessions all year.

Euroleague
11-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Batuum is putting up 18 pts 7 rbs 5.5 ast 1.8 stl so far. he does have 4.6 turnovers but thats because he had a 9 turnover game the day that idiot OP made this thread.

I cant wait to see batuum put up 18/7/5/2 in the NBA :oldlol:

Yeah, can't wait to see him shoot 40% with 5 turnovers per game, zero defense played, on a losing team in the NBA - cause that's what he does in Euroleague.

And for that, he is the "GOAT in history of Europe" according to the retards in this forum.

Euroleague
11-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Batum is having LeBronesque stats... take that Pippen

Yep, LeBron level stats against the Mavs in the 2011 NBA Finals.

Euroleague
11-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Nicolas "Larry Bird of Europe" Batum is in a real hot streak. Dominated last week by Michalis Pelekanos and this week it was Vladimir Micov that dominated him.

All European fans are astonished by the level of "domination" we are seeing from LeTurnover so far.