PDA

View Full Version : Just successfully made my Ghost Box

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 04:41 PM
0So to prepare for my investigations this weekend I made a very important piece of equipment. It can be likened to an electronic, portable Ouija board basically. There are about 2-3 remaining Radioshack AM/FM radios that can be modified and I got one of them. I snipped the mute wire and bam... the radio at the touch of a button scans channels nonstop which can be manipulated to answer questions by spirits. Check this vid out for some evidence..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-aMURJJIY

Equipment I now have after 1 week of ordering online and collecting in trades.

1. 200 dollar super nice digital audio recorder (really high quality recording, super sensitive).

2. Second digital audio recorder.

3. 4 flash lights. (Mini Mags from Walmart for 8 bucks a piece)

4. Ghost Box model 12-588 (35 bucks Radioshack)

5. 2 camcorders with infrared night vision (soon getting Full Spectrum). (family loaners)

6. Walkie Talkies. (loaners)

7. Infrared Laser Thermometer (30 bucks on Amazon)

8. EMF Ghost Meter (with spirit communication mode 30 bucks on Amazon)

9. Stock pile of batteries.

10. Smith & Wesson combat/survival knife. Carbon steel, tanto tip. Glass breaker and rope/seatbelt cutter. I got this because of protection reasons, if we have to break into an abandoned place ever and if I need to cut anything. We are going to hit dangerous spots with crazy gypsies and hobos and it's nice to have (not kidding!). Got this for 16 bucks on sale. Original price 70 bucks.

Not a bad start for one week of collecting huh??

IcanzIIravor
11-04-2011, 04:47 PM
So you're Dean in this endeavor? Who's going to be Sam?

DFish
11-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Just to clarify. Are you saying you believe in ghosts?

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Just to clarify. Are you saying you believe in ghosts?

Of course I believe. I've had too many experiences not to. I'll bring all evidence I get over the next couple years or longer to this forum. I'm not the type to make things up to get attention. If I get legit evidence and analyze it, proving it's good... I'll share with you.

DFish
11-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Of course I believe. I've had too many experiences not to. I'll bring all evidence I get over the next couple years or longer to this forum. I'm not the type to make things up to get attention. If I get legit evidence and analyze it, proving it's good... I'll share with you.

Cool, cool.

I've never given much thought to ghosts/spirits, but I definitely think there's a possibility that life from outside our planet/galaxy has, at one or more points in history, traveled here.

$LakerGold
11-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I dont know what to say :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 05:01 PM
I dont know what to say :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't make me drop another beat down on you on 2K12 mang! :D :cheers: . No but seriously I'll try to get some good sh** for the non believers here. Besides the FB page I'm going to make you guys will be the first to know. Right now I don't expect to catch too much in my first couple investigations but as I master the techniques... I'll be getting a lot more over the next few months.

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Cool, cool.

I've never given much thought to ghosts/spirits, but I definitely think there's a possibility that life from outside our planet/galaxy has, at one or more points in history, traveled here.

There is a lot of evidence out there. Problem is idiots have faked evidence and made hoaxes to where now nobody knows what to trust. Like I said dude.. I don't have the knowledge or intent needed to fake my stuff. If I post evidence here... it's legit.

$LakerGold
11-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Don't make me drop another beat down on you on 2K12 mang! :D :cheers: . No but seriously I'll try to get some good sh** for the non believers here. Besides the FB page I'm going to make you guys will be the first to know. Right now I don't expect to catch too much in my first couple investigations but as I master the techniques... I'll be getting a lot more over the next few months.

Beatdown :facepalm

Remember we tied 1-1... lol, I noticed you've been ducking me for the past 2 weeks.. :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Beatdown :facepalm

Remember we tied 1-1... lol, I noticed you've been ducking me for the past 2 weeks.. :oldlol:

I was messing around. I don't need to duck anybody man. I've been busy! I haven't really played 2K12 since last weekend. Between hustlin and now my new investigation group it's busy.

airchibundo507
11-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Now set up that fancy equipment around a real ouija board a few times and tell us if anything is detected

Jackass18
11-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I thought you said you had a logical/scientific mind. It doesn't seem like it all...

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Now set up that fancy equipment around a real ouija board a few times and tell us if anything is detected

I'm too much of a chicken to try Ouija again haha. I don't want to let anything demonic in.

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 07:56 PM
I thought you said you had a logical/scientific mind. It doesn't seem like it all...

Did you watch the video? Just because you can't explain it doesn't mean it doesn't work. I'll try anything with a chance of getting good evidence.

Joshumitsu
11-04-2011, 08:06 PM

While I'm sure I haven't had any encounters before, I suggest you try this out before coming to conclusions.

Sure, it sounds silly but go out into an abandoned asylum and spend the night there talking to things. Maybe you'll find nothing of note, maybe you will.

But I've known and heard too many speak of ghosts and all with nothing to benefit from telling their stories. Sure, there might be scammers and attention wh*res out there but I can't just imagine all these people lying.

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 08:09 PM
While I'm sure I haven't had any encounters before, I suggest you try this out before coming to conclusions.

Sure, it sounds silly but go out into an abandoned asylum and spend the night there talking to things. Maybe you'll find nothing of note, maybe you will.

But I've known and heard too many speak of ghosts and all with nothing to benefit from telling their stories. Sure, there might be scammers and attention wh*res out there but I can't just imagine all these people lying.

:applause:. My girlfriend and other friends have no reason to lie to me and tell me they were tormented at times as kids because of living in haunted homes. Sure maybe it was something else but I've had experiences of my own as well that are very hard to explain or wrap your mind around.

Lebowsky
11-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't believe in the supernatural, but I'm loving your attitude and enthusiasm. Sounds like you're gonna have a lot of fun, keep doing what you do.

Clippersfan86
11-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I don't believe in the supernatural, but I'm loving your attitude and enthusiasm. Sounds like you're gonna have a lot of fun, keep doing what you do.

Thanks bro. I'm not making bold proclamations of what is and isn't real. It's just incredibly fun to seek knowledge in the field, first hand like this. The adventure of it is more exciting to me than the actual evidence. Gets me off my ass too :oldlol: .

Lebowsky
11-04-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't believe in the paranormal stuff, but I do believe there is something that makes people think it is there, only because I've experienced it. A couple of years ago, I was sitting next to a keyboard (piano kind) and the keys just started to depress on its own. No sound because it wasn't plugged in, but it freaked the shit out of me. Had a lot of other weird stuff happen in that house too that is a lot more easily explained. Cabinets shutting on their own, and drinks tipping over on their own.
Still don't really believe on it though, because once you start thinking it's there you attribute every little thing to it.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18828_the-creepy-scientific-explanation-behind-ghost-sightings_p2.html

nathanjizzle
11-04-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXNFMjcXhyo&feature=related

Kobe681
11-04-2011, 09:41 PM
:applause:. My girlfriend and other friends have no reason to lie to me and tell me they were tormented at times as kids because of living in haunted homes. Sure maybe it was something else but I've had experiences of my own as well that are very hard to explain or wrap your mind around.

I dont believe in the supernatural, or whatever, but I find it fascinating.

Please share your stories, I'm sure that I'm not the only one here that would like to hear them.

Also, where do you plan on going ghost hunting (dont know what else to call it)?

$LakerGold
11-04-2011, 11:16 PM
I was messing around. I don't need to duck anybody man. I've been busy! I haven't really played 2K12 since last weekend. Between hustlin and now my new investigation group it's busy.
iight whatever :oldlol:

G-Funk
11-04-2011, 11:23 PM
i believe in that shyt. had a couple of experiences myself

Bosnian Sajo
11-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Brotha don't waste your money man...

bluechox2
11-05-2011, 01:59 AM
keep it up, id like to know what u find

$LakerGold
11-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Brotha don't waste your money man...
+1 :cheers:

andgar923
11-05-2011, 04:27 AM
I want this to work so badly, i also want you to show us any type of evidence as well.

Just a quick question.... what 'training' (if we wanna call it that) do you have? what qualifies you as a (pardon the pun) 'Ghostbuster'? Is it just some research that you've done online? how did you prepare for this?

Go Getter
11-05-2011, 05:09 AM
0So to prepare for my investigations this weekend I made a very important piece of equipment. It can be likened to an electronic, portable Ouija board basically. There are about 2-3 remaining Radioshack AM/FM radios that can be modified and I got one of them. I snipped the mute wire and bam... the radio at the touch of a button scans channels nonstop which can be manipulated to answer questions by spirits. Check this vid out for some evidence..

1. 200 dollar super nice digital audio recorder (really high quality recording, super sensitive).

5. 2 camcorders with infrared night vision (soon getting Full Spectrum). (family loaners)

10. Smith & Wesson combat/survival knife. Carbon steel, tanto tip. Glass breaker and rope/seatbelt cutter. I got this because of protection reasons, if we have to break into an abandoned place ever and if I need to cut anything. We are going to hit dangerous spots with crazy gypsies and hobos and it's nice to have (not kidding!). Got this for 16 bucks on sale. Original price 70 bucks.

:roll:

where's the proton packs at man?

B
11-05-2011, 09:28 AM
9:30 am Saturday morning. No report back. I think the boogeyman ate him

Meticode
11-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Just successfully made my Ghost Box
AKA, you just successfully wasted a whole bunch of ****ing time and money. :roll:

DaHeezy
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Keep doing what you're doing and don't pay attention to your detractors. Despite if you do or don't believe, you're following through something hat's pretty cool and unique. Most of these posters couldn't follow through brushing their teeth twice a day

Clippersfan86
11-05-2011, 01:45 PM
:roll:

where's the proton packs at man?

It seems like a scam but it's pretty dope dude. Yes or no questions.... meter moves. Only works in "active" areas. I know it sounds like a joke.... but last night I played with it... and it was only working in the supposed haunted "Mission Inn" in Riverside. I have a video I'll upload later that's crazy. Basically my EMF detector was only acting up in the hallway that's supposed to be haunted and was strongest in front of 215 which is supposedly the most haunted room at the Inn.

Clippersfan86
11-05-2011, 01:46 PM
AKA, you just successfully wasted a whole bunch of ****ing time and money. :roll:

I didn't spend a dime so the jokes are on you man. I funded this by trading things I don't use/need anymore.

Clippersfan86
11-05-2011, 01:52 PM
I want this to work so badly, i also want you to show us any type of evidence as well.

Just a quick question.... what 'training' (if we wanna call it that) do you have? what qualifies you as a (pardon the pun) 'Ghostbuster'? Is it just some research that you've done online? how did you prepare for this?

I'm an amateur when it comes to paranormal investigations. There isn't a training for it... and if there is it's a sham. I suppose I could read a book on how to investigate locations but I've done that online for years. My personal preparation or steps to make this happen were... 15-20 years of strong interest and research. I've always been into the paranormal since I was a kid. I watched all the A&E haunting specials, all haunted shows and own multiple books on the paranormal (have had some since I was a teen).

At one point I was even considering getting into Parapsychology or Crytozoology. I've been studying both animals and the paranormal religiously since I was like 5 or 6 years old :oldlol: .

I think you have to have the right mentality and personality for this though. My friends and GF already wuss out for some things that I do without hesitation. It kind of sucks because my drive to find evidence and research overpowers them. Like people think I'm crazy because I'm down to do w/e. My girlfriend got pissed at me last night actually because I told her she chickened out. She wouldn't even sit in a chair in a lit up area, with me right next to her... next to my recorder.

She said "Not many people are as brave as you. You can't expect everybody to be at your level". I guess I just have a lot of passion and drive for this kind of research.

Clippersfan86
11-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I dont believe in the supernatural, or whatever, but I find it fascinating.

Please share your stories, I'm sure that I'm not the only one here that would like to hear them.

Also, where do you plan on going ghost hunting (dont know what else to call it)?

Today is a busy day (about to go scout out some locations then tonight another investigation) but I'll definitely share my stories with you guys from my past, no problem. I'll probably get to it on Monday or Tues.

BTW last night was successful in the sense that contact was made but I got no evidence really besides my EMF detector going apesh*t. I also got 1 EVP that I concluded wasn't one of our voices or our breathing but it's not understandable so not worth posting really.

I went to Riverside's Mission Inn and Castle Park which is a REALLY creepy arcade/fun park (like Camelot or Bullwinkle's). I was told that to investigate Castle Park at night I need to get managers approval which I'll be doing today. I'm going to go to the cemetery right now see how I can sneak in after dark. I'm also going to see if I can find an entrance to the city catacombs.

Clippersfan86
11-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Do you believe that these things are actually ghosts? Do you find that as horrifying as I do? Not in the sense of "I'm being haunted" but in the sense of after you die you may exist in some awful state. I would hate if somehow ghosts were proved to be real. I just want dead to be dead.

Yes it makes me wonder if we are trapped like that for eternity. It would suck!

B
11-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Iin the supposed haunted "Mission Inn" in Riverside.
This is why you go ghost hunting. You get to go into really cool places and check them out. Even if you don't believe in ghosts the sight seeing opportunities are great

28renyoy
11-05-2011, 03:04 PM
OP had better be trolling

Clippersfan86
11-05-2011, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=B

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 04:16 AM
GREAT news guys! I got 2 class A EVP's my first time out with my team. Ghost Adventures crew is lucky if they get 2 of these in 5 episodes. We also got about 3-4 other EVP's which are clearly talking, but hard to understand. I'm trying to amplify them now. I verified the validity of these EVP's because my girlfriend was recording right next to me pretty much for both of them. Something odd I noticed before the EVP's is that my recorder would sound static right before the voices. It was effecting the device in some way! These 2 EVP's are completely untouched. Plugged my Digital recorder into USB and uploaded right away when I got home.

I'm uploading these EVP's right now. I apologize if I'm asking annoying, generic questions in the recordings but remember our 4 man team went out for the first time tonight and we are all rookies!

Here are the two EVP's.

1. The first EVP clearly says "No" at the end of the clip which I believe was an intelligent and direct response to me saying "Do you want us here?". This EVP was recorded just after I placed it on the ground and was not picked up on the recorder my GF had 5-10 feet away from me.

2. Second EVP.... I ask "Is there anybody here that would like to communicate with us?" and you'll notice a clear class A EVP that says "Hey Guys" at the end of the clip. This time GF was right next to me and captured nothing on her digital recorder. She played it back to me and nobody was talking on hers at the same exact time I picked it up.

I understand there are some of you that are skeptics but I swear on everything I love that these are NOT our voices and that these are not edited or fabricated by me.

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=32967344

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=32967345

The other 3 or 4 creepy EVP responses we got aren't clear... so once I clean them up tomorrow morning and amplify them, I'll post here.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 12:02 PM
I had to convert this file to Wav instead of WMP so it may force you to download the small file because it won't let me view it as a normal link.

Another intelligent response EVP. Also something awesome is from the 10 second mark till the end you can hear an EVP voice in the background that's disembodied. It's clearly not my girlfriend's voice. She sounds very friendly and at peace so it's actually pretty cool to hear. Listen to 25 second mark following my friends question of "Are you touching my hand?" and you'll hear a static immediately followed by "I am". When I slowed it down to 80 percent playback it's even more clear and NOT open to interpretation.

So this is indeed a THIRD Class A EVP. We were at an empty church so these voices are pretty sweet. The female in the background talking continuously is likely a residual haunting. Meaning she's reliving the same thing over and over and probably was oblivious to us.

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=32967571

BTW I'm not a prick and wouldn't give you guys any viruses so don't worry about my download file, I promise it's clean. I just don't feel like reconverting it back to full length WMA.

Jackass18
11-06-2011, 12:04 PM

I'd feel silly/crazy sitting in an abandoned building talking to myself for hours. I've been to haunted locations before and nothing happened. I've had unexplained things happen in my life, but I didn't jump to the conclusion that it was ghosts like other people do. I've always been fascinated with the unknown and have looked into the stuff for a long time. All the people who bring all this equipment with them into these 'haunted places' are just practicing pseudoscience. If people actually want to go after it scientifically, then they need to pretty much overhaul the entire way they go about doing it.

It's not that everyone is lying, it's that they likely misinterpreted what happened. People tend to quickly jump to a ghost conclusion instead of seeking out alternative explanations, and when people do seek out alternate explanations, they tend to give up quickly on them because having a 'ghost story' is much cooler than finding out your experience was something mundane and boring. The unexplained is much more interesting than the explained, so people can be rather biased when it comes to these things.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I have multiple voices on other ones but I'm not uploading them here because they are Class C. It's clear they are a voice and not a surrounding noise or one of our voices... but I can't figure out what it's saying even when slowed down. I will say all of the voices sound deliberate. I'm still reviewing 30+ minutes of audio as we speak so over the next hour or two.. I'll post if I find another clear one.

Jackass18
11-06-2011, 12:46 PM
So, random noises which you interpret as "no" is what counts as a class A EVP?

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I have a feeling people are still going to be skeptical so I'll only post one more. These are not Class A so maybe you guys can help me interpret this one. The spirit is responding to my questions starting at 15 seconds.

When I say do you want us to leave it at :15 mark it sounds like it might be responding with "I do". I slowed it down but still can't make it out clearly.

At about 22 seconds after I say tell us one more time and I'll go...
It sounds like it's saying "_____ Leave". I almost feel bad because I stayed and broke my word :( .

At the 1 minute mark I ask again to tell us if it wants us gone and it sounds like it says "I did". This would be considered a Class B EVP. Open to some interpretation but decently clear.

http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=32967602

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 12:50 PM
So, random noises which you interpret as "no" is what counts as a class A EVP?

Denial is a serious problem. :confusedshrug: . So you honestly don't think that sounds like a CLEAR "No!" at the end of the video???? :lol . Dude it's also an obvious voice, one of which wasn't ours. Remember I have a media analyzing program so I can see voice spikes. This was a voice spike, not a noise.

Shadynasty's
11-06-2011, 01:53 PM
got any photos of it?

$LakerGold
11-06-2011, 02:18 PM
your friend should try to video it

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 02:26 PM
got any photos of it?

Of what we were communicating with? We don't have proper video equipment yet so no. I'm getting a full spectrum camcorder soon which should let me catch good visuals like moving shadows, shadow figures etc. As of right now I'm pretty much limited to sensors, audio and the team's feelings (being touched etc). We have Night Mode camcorder... but you don't really pick up the paranormal with infrared.

Jackass18
11-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Denial is a serious problem. :confusedshrug:. So you honestly don't think that sounds like a CLEAR "No!" at the end of the video???? :lol . Dude it's also an obvious voice, one of which wasn't ours. Remember I have a media analyzing program so I can see voice spikes. This was a voice spike, not a noise.

You really need to read up on alternate explanations. It's an obvious voice that says, "no" to you because that's what you want to hear. You sure it's not, "go", "oh", "ho", "bo"? It couldn't be someone exhaling, a random noise like the wind, interference, static, an artifact, etc.? Oh, but I'm just in denial simply because I don't think you heard a voice from beyond.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 02:34 PM
your friend should try to video it

The entity or the EVP session? It's kind of pointless to record a stationary digital recorder and nobody would consider that conclusive anyways. Either you gotta believe what you're hearing on my audio or I can't convince people. As for the video of the entity.... like I said above I don't have the right equipment yet :( .

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 02:39 PM
You really need to read up on alternate explanations. It's an obvious voice that says, "no" to you because that's what you want to hear. You sure it's not, "go", "oh", "ho", "bo"? It couldn't be someone exhaling, a random noise like the wind, interference, static, an artifact, etc.? Oh, but I'm just in denial simply because I don't think you heard a voice from beyond.

You don't need to admit it was a paranormal voice but to deny it's clearly saying "No" is sad. Remember... I have a nearly 200 dollar digital recorder. It's got a state of the art voice filter. If I breath into it... or make a bang it won't record, unless it was already recording from a voice, in which case it extends the recording.

Why would I specifically want to hear a certain word man? This isn't my mind playing tricks on me. I'm legitimately trying to find evidence and amplified the sound and played it over and over again. I also have evidence that it wasn't one of us.. because my GF's recorder captured nothing.

Nick Young
11-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I believe in ghosts but this evidence of yours is seriously weak

Nick Young
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm an amateur when it comes to paranormal investigations. There isn't a training for it... and if there is it's a sham. I suppose I could read a book on how to investigate locations but I've done that online for years. My personal preparation or steps to make this happen were... 15-20 years of strong interest and research. I've always been into the paranormal since I was a kid. I watched all the A&E haunting specials, all haunted shows and own multiple books on the paranormal (have had some since I was a teen).

At one point I was even considering getting into Parapsychology or Crytozoology. I've been studying both animals and the paranormal religiously since I was like 5 or 6 years old :oldlol: .

I think you have to have the right mentality and personality for this though. My friends and GF already wuss out for some things that I do without hesitation. It kind of sucks because my drive to find evidence and research overpowers them. Like people think I'm crazy because I'm down to do w/e. My girlfriend got pissed at me last night actually because I told her she chickened out. She wouldn't even sit in a chair in a lit up area, with me right next to her... next to my recorder.

She said "Not many people are as brave as you. You can't expect everybody to be at your level". I guess I just have a lot of passion and drive for this kind of research.
Fearless.. nice. Do you have photos of you guys at this place? How do you get in to the hotel late at night? What are other haunted places around LA? This noise shit no one will ever believe unless they saymore than just a few words that may or may not be the wind, start looking for some video and photo evidence mang.

RidonKs
11-06-2011, 03:26 PM
i wanna feel this way, but that's an awful lot of money...

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Fearless.. nice. Do you have photos of you guys at this place? How do you get in to the hotel late at night? What are other haunted places around LA? This noise shit no one will ever believe unless they saymore than just a few words that may or may not be the wind, start looking for some video and photo evidence mang.

The only camera I have is a standard one with night mode. Chances of catching a visual are under 1 percent probably. I don't expect anybody to automatically believe me but I have no reason to lie to you guys. It's not like you're paying me for evidence or I'm going to get a ton of respect and love or something.

I give you all my word these are unedited recordings and because I'm using expensive equipment... it's not a malfunction. A few things that happened beyond these audio clips were times when my meter went batsh** and times where my laser thermometer dropped 10-15 degrees in the same spot, then went right back up a second later.

How do I get into hotels late? You mean The Mission Inn? We just watch for security lol. As for haunted places around LA... we were in Orange County but will be hitting the Queen Mary in a couple weeks which is considered a top 5 most haunted place in America by many. LA/OC/LBC all have lots of crime history, murders and active spots.

I'm going to get lots of good evidence at Queen Mary for you guys.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 03:32 PM

I didn't pay for any of it! :cheers: . I got it all through trading junk and one was an early Christmas gift.

Lebowsky
11-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Well he said he traded for most of the stuff, so I don't think he's spent too much money. Anyway, people spend money on what they enjoy, so I guess it makes sense from that point of view.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Well he said he traded for most of the stuff, so I don't think he's spent too much money. Anyway, people spend money on what they enjoy, so I guess it makes sense from that point of view.

Yup. I traded things like an old camera, video games etc I don't use anymore. Lebowsky did you listen to the clips? Second two clips are download only because they are Wav files.

Lebowsky
11-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Yup. I traded things like an old camera, video games etc I don't use anymore. Lebowsky did you listen to the clips? Second two clips are download only because they are Wav files.

Yep I did, but I'll reserve judgement if you don't mind. I think from now on you should post the audio clips without telling people what you think they say first, and then post what you make out of them a day or two later. That way you would avoid pareidolia and influencing people, and maybe you would even get some new interpretations.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Yep I did, but I'll reserve judgement if you don't mind. I think from now on you should post the audio clips without telling people what you think they say first, and then post what you make out of them a day or two later. That way you would avoid pareidolia and influencing people.

Yea. I did that with a few buddies. Sent them audio and said "What do you hear?". For the first two... everybody I asked unanimously said the first clip said "No" and the second one said "Hey guys". With the 3rd and 4th clips they are definitely not Class A and open to interpretation.

Yea it's cool if you reserve judgement. I wish you all lived in Cali so I could take you with and show you all this in person.

Jackass18
11-06-2011, 05:29 PM
You don't need to admit it was a paranormal voice but to deny it's clearly saying "No" is sad.

No, what is sad is that you're trying to convince yourself that you're clearly hearing voices from beyond communicating through your precious $200 audio recorder. But whatever, you've already made your mind up and won't let skeptics persuade you otherwise no matter what. It just has to be ghost. It couldn't possibly be anything else since it's $200! $200! I guess there's no point trying to talk sense into people like you. You won't even consider alternate explanations...

Why would I specifically want to hear a certain word man?

To validate what you're doing, and so that you can convince yourself that you're not wasting time and money and you don't feel silly doing this pseudoscientific stuff.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 06:26 PM
No, what is sad is that you're trying to convince yourself that you're clearly hearing voices from beyond communicating through your precious $200 audio recorder. But whatever, you've already made your mind up and won't let skeptics persuade you otherwise no matter what. It just has to be ghost. It couldn't possibly be anything else since it's $200! $200! I guess there's no point trying to talk sense into people like you. You won't even consider alternate explanations...

To validate what you're doing, and so that you can convince yourself that you're not wasting time and money and you don't feel silly doing this pseudoscientific stuff.

Haha dude you're a massive hypocrite. You're accusing me of being close minded when you're the epitome of it. I accept that there could be another explantion but to deny the actual "no"word is lame. I'm at least open to the non paranormal even though I experiened it myself.

You on the other hand are questioning my logic, sanity and being completely closeminded and flat out douchy about it. It's unlikely it was anything natural based on the circumstances and equipment. You're clearly one of those guys who could get slapped in the head by a ghost and see one and still try to explain it logically.

$LakerGold
11-06-2011, 06:37 PM

Clippsfan, your cool man.. but jackass is completely right about this.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Clippsfan, your cool man.. but jackass is completely right about this.

You're welcome to come experience it with us some time. You guys don't need to believe in ghosts but don't call me a liar or naive. It's clear what word is being said in the first two videos and I converted the file to Wav and slowed it, amplified it and listened to it 20 times. Whether or not you think it was me, the wind or a friend the sound clearly sounds like "No". Download a media analyzing program free and see for yourself.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't think you guys realize how rare a Class EVP is. We watched 2 episodes of Ghost Adventues today and their EVP's weren't nearly as clear despite superior equipment and being in much more historical places. Any of you guys that live in So Cal are welcome to be my guest for an investigation.

talkingconch
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I seriously hope one day someones able to find out if their really are things such as ''ghosts'' or spirits

its kinda like the whole 'is life outside of Earth' debate (i think there is)

really interests me a lot but there has never been any proof about ghosts, I'm not sure if I believe in them, sometimes our brain plays a lot of tricks with us

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I seriously hope one day someones able to find out if their really are things such as ''ghosts'' or spirits

really interests me a lot but there has never been any proof about ghosts, I'm not sure if I believe in them, sometimes our brain plays a lot of tricks with us

All it takes is one personal experience to believe. There is tons of physical, non circumstantial evidence. Problem is everyone thinks the strong evidence is a hoax. It's a life changing experience. In our case we weren't paranoid or afraid so the whole mind playing tricks on your mind deal didn't happen. Luckily for us we all had great vibes and the spirits were very responsive and friendly. To the point to where I feel guilty for bugging them.

chips93
11-06-2011, 10:43 PM

thing is, its impossible to disprove them, so wither they are proven to exist, or we just dont know. we wont ever know for a fact that they dont exist.

fwiw i dont believe in ghosts at all

Clippersfan86
11-06-2011, 11:14 PM
I've two experiences with ghosts, and whenever I tell people about it they think I'm a loony.

I usually save my ghost story for a get together or something when people are half-dunk.

I thought these guys wanted some evidence... I guess I should have expected people to doubt my sanity and the authenticity of my evidence. At the end of the day I'm doing it for myself anyways so w/e :cheers: .

Hazard
11-06-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't believe in life after death, but stuff like this interests me. No matter how hardcore someone is about their beliefs you cant discredit the possibility of those things existing.

Hope you find something that will close the gap completely and gives us something real to look at. I used to be pretty open minded about this kind of stuff as a kid and went to a few haunted locations for fun, I felt more adrenaline than any kind of presence. I asked them to show me something and received nothing.

Kobe681
11-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Today is a busy day (about to go scout out some locations then tonight another investigation) but I'll definitely share my stories with you guys from my past, no problem. I'll probably get to it on Monday or Tues.

BTW last night was successful in the sense that contact was made but I got no evidence really besides my EMF detector going apesh*t. I also got 1 EVP that I concluded wasn't one of our voices or our breathing but it's not understandable so not worth posting really.

I went to Riverside's Mission Inn and Castle Park which is a REALLY creepy arcade/fun park (like Camelot or Bullwinkle's). I was told that to investigate Castle Park at night I need to get managers approval which I'll be doing today. I'm going to go to the cemetery right now see how I can sneak in after dark. I'm also going to see if I can find an entrance to the city catacombs.

Are you talking about the Castle Park in the Valley? The one on Sepulveda and Ventura?

Clippersfan86
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Are you talking about the Castle Park in the Valley? The one on Sepulveda and Ventura?

Naw. Riverside CA man.

Jackass18
11-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Haha dude you're a massive hypocrite. You're accusing me of being close minded when you're the epitome of it. I accept that there could be another explantion but to deny the actual "no"word is lame. I'm at least open to the non paranormal even though I experiened it myself.

You were acting douchy, so what do you expect? You obviously don't want to listen to anything other people completely agreeing with your assessments, and don't want to even consider alternate possibilities, which is a major problem with people who do this sort of stuff. And, no, I'm the not the close-minded one. I didn't arrive at my current opinions willy-nilly. I actually believed in all of this stuff for a long, long time. Also, I never said that it's 100% something else, but was merely suggesting something you don't want to hear. Why are you so adamant about "no"? Is it because you said it or someone you were with? Are you aware how easy it is to trick the human mind?

You on the other hand are questioning my logic, sanity and being completely closeminded and flat out douchy about it. It's unlikely it was anything natural based on the circumstances and equipment. You're clearly one of those guys who could get slapped in the head by a ghost and see one and still try to explain it logically.

Yep, no point trying to talk sense into someone like you. Just remember every time the wind blows it's not actually the wind, but a ghost. Every time you hear a house/building settling it's not a mundane occurrence, but a ghost. Every time you see your own shadow it's not your shadow, but a ghost.

Nick Young
08-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Did the managers really let you in to castle park at night to bumble around?

What you need to capture is legit answers from otherworldly clear voices, not just fuzzy feedback.
\
Have u done tyhat yet?

Lebron23
08-19-2012, 08:57 PM
http://sci-fisims.com/sims/ghostbusters/application/assets/images/specs/trap.jpg

FiveRings
05-05-2013, 03:11 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

outbreak
12-09-2013, 11:31 PM
anyone talk to CF86?

any update on his ghost box?

Clippersfan86 passed away earlier this year...

Ai2death
12-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Clippersfan86 passed away earlier this year...

Really? Just remembered his meltdown the other day.
Sorry to hear if true.

outbreak
12-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Really? Just remembered his meltdown the other day.
Sorry to hear if true.

Naw just speculating he could have gone off the rails after being banned from here. Probably shouldn't joke about that sorry, when you caught him a non homer mood he actually knew a lot about the clips roster and game plans he just always took things too far and wouldn't listen to logic.

gts
12-09-2013, 11:47 PM
anyone talk to CF86?

any update on his ghost box?

He lost his flashlight. had to call off ghost hunting on account of darkness

Ai2death
12-10-2013, 12:17 AM
He lost his flashlight. had to call off ghost hunting on account of darkness

I read that as Fleshlight :roll:

Ai2death
12-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Naw just speculating he could have gone off the rails after being banned from here. Probably shouldn't joke about that sorry, when you caught him a non homer mood he actually knew a lot about the clips roster and game plans he just always took things too far and wouldn't listen to logic.

True, It was fun to rev him up during the playoffs when the Clippers played the Grizzlies.

outbreak
12-10-2013, 12:38 AM
I read that as Fleshlight :roll:
a "ghost box" could probably pass as slang for a fake ******

Lebron23
06-22-2021, 09:47 AM

3ball is a real life Ghost Hunter

warriorfan
06-22-2021, 11:56 AM
He should of hit up DaHeezy for some flashlights.