PDA

View Full Version : kobe: Footwork 101

DatDudeD
11-10-2011, 02:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIGMs1WQuMI&feature=channel_video_title

Move at 2:31....:eek: :eek: :eek: , im not sure if any guard other than MJ can make those moves.

SpecialQue
11-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Kobe was on Dancing With the Stars?

xoneatom
11-10-2011, 02:42 AM
i cant figure out what the crap did he there at 2:31

Miserio
11-10-2011, 02:47 AM
It's unbelievable the fact that everything he does looks easy yet is extremely difficult.

knightfall88
11-10-2011, 02:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpuswrs-Svg

better example of kobes footwork

Miserio
11-10-2011, 03:10 AM
i like lebrons footwork better. much more steps.
XBladeWingX 3 months ago 23

ihatetimthomas
11-10-2011, 03:37 AM
His footwork is among the best that has ever played the game. I don't understand how people cannot enjoy watching him play the game and call him just a chucker. This is why he is on another level than Tmac, Vince and the other swingmen of his era. He is who he is because of his footwork. His footwork has improved as he has declined athletically and that has allowed him to stay among the elite in the game. This lockout pains me because we may lose a year of watching this guy play when his career is already almost over.

OmniStrife
11-10-2011, 03:41 AM
It's unbelievable the fact that everything he does looks easy yet is extremely difficult.

Dude lives in the gym, these are the fruits of his labour.

ihatetimthomas
11-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Dude lives in the gym, these are the fruits of his labour.

I wish Lebron was as dedicated as he was to improve on his game. Lebron is more gifted athletically and if he had the work ethic Kobe has, he could possibly be considered GOAT when it was all said and done.

MichaelCheazley
11-10-2011, 04:45 AM
Pretty good. But not best in nba heres some of derrick rose's work
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003119367990

(It's Not him)

dirkdiggler41
11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
http://t.qkme.me/359ty5.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bZGZkcryY

zass
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM

1:06 wow

HylianNightmare
11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
footwork :bowdown: gotta hit the courts after studying some of this shit

pauk
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I wish Lebron was as dedicated as he was to improve on his game. Lebron is more gifted athletically and if he had the work ethic Kobe has, he could possibly be considered GOAT when it was all said and done.

:oldlol: 1st of all, Lebron has even greater work ethic.....

Lebron has footwork.... he just doesnt resort to moves where you can see his footwork like that so often as Kobe does, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot.... thats all Kobe does... Lebron is to talented, athletically gifted to resort to that...

A player contemplates within his boundaries and his physical boundaries...... with that i mean, take a look at 2:31 for example..... Kobe drived, stopped, pumpfaked, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake and then shoot.......

Kobe does that because he is not Lebron.... in that situation Lebron would have dunked or made an AND1 layup, he is just way to athletic/strong to resort to such what u call "footwork" scenarios :rolleyes: .... he will be playing like Kobe does in those situations when his athleticism has completely vanished...

Here is one anology:

Lets say you are a 100 FEET TALL MONSTER and you play basketball.... would you just walk up to the rim and lay it in.......... or post up those ants... or pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot (act like you are actually being guarded).... understand what i mean? if you are that physically/athletically gifted with those skills you dont NEED TO BE DOING THAT............

if you have a 500" vertical leap.... would you just jump over everybody and dunk it........ or give the defender a chance to defend you by posting him up, pumpfaking and so on......

i am not defending Lebron or something......... but you have to understand why he does what he does and doesnt do what Kobe does.... and why Kobe cant do what Lebron does and thats why Kobe does something else to get the job done...

Kiarip
11-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Lebron has footwork.... he just doesnt resort to moves where you can see his footwork like that so often as Kobe does, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot.... thats all Kobe does... Lebron is to talented, athletically gifted to resort to that...

A player contemplates within his boundaries and his physical boundaries...... with that i mean, take a look at 2:31 for example..... Kobe drived, stopped, pumpfaked, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake and then shoot.......

Kobe does that because he is not Lebron.... in that situation Lebron would have dunked or made an AND1 layup, he is just way to athletic/strong to resort to such what u call "footwork" scenarios :rolleyes: .... he will be playing like Kobe does in those situations when his athleticism has completely vanished...

Here is one anology:

Lets say you are a 100 FEET TALL MONSTER and you play basketball.... would you just walk up to the rim and lay it in.......... or post up those ants... or pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot (act like you are actually being guarded).... understand what i mean? if you are that physically/athletically gifted with those skills you dont NEED TO BE DOING THAT............

if you have a 500" vertical leap.... would you just jump over everybody and dunk it........ or give the defender a chance to defend you by posting him up, pumpfaking and so on......

i am not defending Lebron or something......... but you have to understand why he does what he does and doesnt do what Kobe does.... and why Kobe cant do what Lebron does and thats why Kobe does something else to get the job done...

are you trolling? I can't tell

DJmicah
11-10-2011, 12:28 PM

he travels at 3:27
and pauk, lebron still would be alot better if he learned to use it more since he doesnt drive to the lane anymore

7_cody
11-10-2011, 02:05 PM

Here is one anology:

You've gotta be one of the dumbest ISH posters I have ever seen, and that's saying quite a lot

DetroitPistonFan
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM

Here is one anology:

Are you really that stupid?

Jacks3
11-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Most skilled player ever. :bowdown:

pegasus
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM

Here is one anology:

Talk about putting your foot in your mouth.:lol

DatDudeD
11-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Here is one anology:

hahahahahahahaha........:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: ...:no: ....GET OUT!!!!!

AlphaWolf24
11-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Here is one anology:

(spits Tomato juice and Vodka all over screen)....:roll: :roll:

MichaelCheazley
11-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Eww tomato juice...

JohnnyWall
11-10-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm convinced that pauk doesn't actually watch or follow basketball

Kobe 4 The Win
11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Lebron has greater work ethic? I just lol'd.

Even the most dedicated Lebron troll should admit that Kobe's work ethic is in another universe than Lebrons. You're embarassing yourself.....and that is saying a lot when you consider the absurdity of your other posts.

Doctor Rivers
11-11-2011, 02:14 PM

Here is one anology:

mega negged

MaxFly
11-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Here is one anology:

You've stepped in it like Rick Perry...

FlashDwyaneWade3
11-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Are you really that stupid?
Pauk said so much. He took all that time typing what he had to say about LeBron's foot work then he's really serious about it and he's really that stupid.

KingLeBronJames
11-11-2011, 03:14 PM
LeBron will show the world how good his foot work is now that he's worked with Hakeem. His foot work will be better than Mike and Kobe.

pegasus
11-11-2011, 03:30 PM
LeBron will show the world how good his foot work is now that he's worked with Hakeem. His foot work will be better than Mike and Kobe.

Forget about Hakeem, he needs Magic to fix those bowed legs.

kNIOKAS
11-11-2011, 03:49 PM
are you trolling? I can't tell
yeah me too. that guy's off

ihatetimthomas
11-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Don't even respond to trolls like him. Thats all they want. They want the reaction. Just move on and ignore. Lets keep this thread on the right topic and thats Kobe's elite footwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izkRO9HYZaM

Just a pure joy to watch.

Damn I miss basketball.

kNIOKAS
11-11-2011, 06:26 PM
on a side note, I do recall how this move by Lebron has impressed me at the time. And still does now... I always try to do it myself but it's really hard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F073Ii3zxJM#
1:38

thejumpa
11-11-2011, 06:34 PM
on a side note, I do recall how this move by Lebron has impressed me at the time. And still does now... I always try to do it myself but it's really hard:

Damn that's a pretty slick move. It's something that I would expect T-Mac to do...not LeBron:oldlol:

ihatetimthomas
11-11-2011, 08:45 PM
That was pretty nice. Thought he was about to travel like 2 times

G-Funk
11-12-2011, 04:38 AM

Here is one anology:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Qu3en06/tumblr_le7vocZWDw1qaqhdi.jpg

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

G-Funk
11-12-2011, 04:21 PM

looked like he lost his balance, doesn't look like that's something he worked on. I think he even surprised himself.

PTB Fan
11-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Kobe's footwork is so beautiful to watch.

riseagainst
06-27-2014, 06:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIGMs1WQuMI&feature=channel_video_title

Move at 2:31....:eek: :eek: :eek: , im not sure if any guard other than MJ can make those moves.

2:31.

:biggums:
:wtf:

riseagainst
06-27-2014, 06:15 PM

Here is one anology:

insert #youAreThisMad meme.

aj1987
06-27-2014, 06:19 PM
insert #youAreThisMad meme.
You're calling others mad based on a 3 year old post?

Deal with it. LeBron at 29 >>>>>>>> Chuckbe and it's not even close.

GODbe
06-27-2014, 06:20 PM
GOAT :pimp:

Levity
06-27-2014, 06:26 PM
the legend of pauk continues....

:lol

Ne 1
06-27-2014, 06:27 PM

:oldlol: Sorry bruh, Kobe has already cemented himself amongst the 5-10 greatest ever, LeHoudini is not on that level, he's not even top 20.....not even close. 5>>>>>>>>> 1.5.

riseagainst
06-27-2014, 06:28 PM

why are you so angry? This isn't even about that. You reek of insecurity.

aj1987
06-27-2014, 06:28 PM
:oldlol: Sorry bruh, Kobe has already cemented himself amongst the 5-10 greatest ever, LeHoudini is not on that level, he's not even top 20.....not even close. 5>>>>>>>>> 1.5.
5? You mean 4 carried rings and 1 gifted ring? That's 0.2 rings.

1.5 (according to you) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0.2 rings.

Kobe - Shaq/Gasol = Rich man's Young.

why are you so angry? This isn't even about that. You reek of insecurity.

You might want to check YOUR post history.

riseagainst
06-27-2014, 06:30 PM
time to get rid of the troll.

This message is hidden because aj1987 is on your ignore list.

aj1987
06-27-2014, 06:32 PM
time to get rid of the troll.
:oldlol:

This little bitch though. Can't come up with LITERALLY anything to disprove me.

Go log onto your alt, bitch.

20Four
06-27-2014, 06:34 PM

This little bitch though. Can't come up with LITERALLY anything to disprove me.

Go log onto your alt, bitch.
Tough time working at McDonald's today?? :roll: :roll:

Your heat got swept this year....I count it as a sweep because they won by 2 points in one of those games....lmao lebronze is a joke

aj1987
06-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Tough time working at McDonald's today?? :roll: :roll:

Your heat got swept this year....I count it as a sweep because they won by 2 points in one of those games....lmao lebronze is a joke
At least I'm not a midget with a micro dick, who runs to the mods and snitches on posters. Should be expected from Kobe **** though. Like their idol. Snitches.

20Four
06-27-2014, 06:38 PM
At least I'm not a midget with a micro dick, who runs to the mods and snitches on posters.
I'm taller than you lmao! And why you so fascinated about *****? Your dad rape you as a child? :roll: Its funny these nikkas call other people midgets yet they are shorter than you....aj your a joke in this forum, and a joke in life, go back to Mcdonalds

Edit:

Get a life son LOL

Kinda weird when another man talks about d|cks....something wrong with you aj, you virgin son of a b|tch lol

aj1987
06-27-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm taller than you lmao! And why you so fascinated about *****? Your dad rape you as a child? :roll: Its funny these nikkas call other people midgets yet they are shorter than you....aj your a joke in this forum, and a joke in life, go back to Mcdonalds

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2zf02de.jpg

Snitch bitch.

The only time I'm at McDonald's is when I get midget bitches like you to get my order.

zoom17
06-27-2014, 06:41 PM
At least I'm not a midget with a micro dick, who runs to the mods and snitches on posters. Should be expected from Kobe **** though. Like their idol. Snitches.

:roll: :roll:

20Four
06-27-2014, 06:43 PM

Snitch bitch.

The only time I'm at McDonald's is when I get midget bitches like you to get my order.
I'm living rent free in your head if you gotta post that up! LOL :roll: Im living free in your head all day everyday lol....

aj1987
06-27-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm living rent free in your head if you gotta post that up! LOL :roll: Im living free in your head all day everyday lol....
True. Rent free.

http://i62.tinypic.com/33opnhz.png

Manboobs, even hardcore Kobetards took a massive dump on you in this (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331159) thread.

20Four
06-27-2014, 06:47 PM
True. Rent free.

http://i62.tinypic.com/33opnhz.png

Manboobs, even hardcore Kobetards took a massive dump on you in this (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331159) thread.
LOL awww someones mad because they had a tough day at mcdonalds, you must be some fat mofo behind the computer to be calling other people "midget" "microdick" etc. Lmao I feel bad for you aj

#seekhelp :roll: :roll:

AlphaWolf24
06-27-2014, 06:48 PM
2:31.

:biggums:
:wtf:

Pound pivot reverse ....pivot...

example: Open step right....right foot lands.....then left foot lands.

keeping your right foot on the ground it becomes your pivot. reverse pivot off of your right foot...(and upfake)....then pivot again ( off your right foot) to the original direction and shoot.

aj1987
06-27-2014, 06:51 PM
LOL awww someones mad because they had a tough day at mcdonalds, you must be some fat mofo behind the computer to be calling other people "midget" "microdick" etc. Lmao I feel bad for you aj

#seekhelp :roll: :roll:
Kid, go take your tits and get a mastectomy.

Oh, and get me an order of fries as well.

stalkerforlife
06-27-2014, 06:54 PM

Here is one anology:

:facepalm

Immediately stopped reading.

TheGreatDeraj
06-27-2014, 06:55 PM
wow AJ you are 27 years old and acting like a child in the internet

take a step back and look at your life, because this is embarassing

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 06:55 PM

Here is one anology:

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

this ni99a right here :biggums:

stalkerforlife
06-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Don't even respond to trolls like him. Thats all they want. They want the reaction. Just move on and ignore. Lets keep this thread on the right topic and thats Kobe's elite footwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izkRO9HYZaM

Just a pure joy to watch.

Damn I miss basketball.

:applause:

aj1987
06-27-2014, 06:58 PM
wow AJ you are 27 years old and acting like a child in the internet

take a step back and look at your life, because this is embarassing
As I said to the other dude, you might want to take a look at your post history. How many of those ~2k posts are hating on the Heat/LeBron?

Yeah, I probably need to stop spending ~6-7 hours a week on ISH though.

Oh, and in come the alts. :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
06-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Hakeem, MJ, Kobe, and Bird have the greatest footwork I have ever seen.

A testament to their hard work and dedication.

And what do you know? All top 10.

aj1987
06-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Hakeem, MJ, Kobe, and Bird have the greatest footwork I have ever seen.

A testament to their hard work and dedication.

And what do you know? All top 10.
This, I can agree with. Kobe and MJ have AMAZING footwork.

20Four
06-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Kid, go take your tits and get a mastectomy.

Oh, and get me an order of fries as well.
Now your trying to take my line now the one I used on you? LOL I'm a Registered Nurse btw: what are you? Oh $hit nevermind your nothing because you spend so much time on the internet, life with no friends lol its ok aj at least you can still flip burgers :roll: :roll:

Rubio2Gasol
06-27-2014, 07:07 PM
I remember there was a move he did on Christie, can't remember if it was 2001 or 2002, kinda similar to the one at 2.19 just....just much better. Never seen it in any highlight reel since, but it was just sick.

aj1987
06-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Now your trying to take my line now the one I used on you? LOL I'm a Registered Nurse btw: what are you? Oh $hit nevermind your nothing because you spend so much time on the internet, life with no friends lol its ok aj at least you can still flip burgers :roll: :roll:
Are you sure that you aren't a chick? Even if you aren't a chick, you probably have the biggest tits amongst all the nurses in you hospital.

I remember there was a move he did on Christie, can't remember if it was 2001 or 2002, kinda similar to the one at 2.19 just....just much better. Never seen it in any highlight reel since, but it was just sick.
This is flat out NASTY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5A2Q-uO014

TheGreatDeraj
06-27-2014, 07:13 PM
As I said to the other dude, you might want to take a look at your post history. How many of those ~2k posts are hating on the Heat/LeBron?

Yeah, I probably need to stop spending ~6-7 hours a week on ISH though.

Oh, and in come the alts. :oldlol:

yeah you don't know what you're talking about :oldlol:

Almost all of my 2000 post in 4 years are about Lakers or Kobe, but I do post about the top teams, players and storylines, including Lebron. Especially this last year I probably didn't post as much about the Lakers, because my favorite player was out and I hated the coach on my favorite team, but I still posted more about Lakers.

In fact, I guarantee you have more troll post about Kobe than I have actually posts about Kobe AND Lebron.

When I talk about Lebron though, it's constructive criticize, I've always said he should go down as the GOAT perimeter player. Early in his career I criticized his post game, his shooting and his mentality. He has greatly improved the first two, but his mentality still leaves a lot to be desired. I do not care for his passive mindset, and that takes away from an otherwise near perfect basketball player.

However, All you do is say one of the top 10 greatest players of all time is a chucker :confusedshrug:

Pretty insecure you come into a thread dedicated to footwork(Not exactly Lebron's strongsuit) only a few weeks after they get embarrassed in the finals, to talk sh*t about one of the greatest and hardworking players of all time.

aj1987
06-27-2014, 07:15 PM
In fact, I guarantee you have more troll post about Kobe than I have actually posts about Kobe AND Lebron.
Yeah, you might want to go read more of my posts about Kobe.

When I reply to idiots like 20Four and riseagainst, it's obviously gonna be a troll post. Read my posts about Kobe when I talk to legit posters.

Milbuck
06-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Whatever happened to your swaggaboy80six alt? I liked him.

TheMarkMadsen
06-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Wow Pauk :roll: :roll:

rlsmooth775
06-27-2014, 08:42 PM
and he still can't shoot higher than 46%

SpecialQue
06-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Someone just negged me for a post I made in 2011. :roll:

BoutPractice
06-28-2014, 02:02 PM
From tales of 100 feet tall monsters to lion fables... pauk should become a children's author.